2. Homeowners
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.45/5

First American Home Warranty is a leader in the home warranty industry, proudly serving homeowners for over 30 years. Our comprehensive plans protect homeowner’s budgets from unforeseen expenses due to normal wear and tear of a home's major systems and appliances.

First American Home Warranty Video
First American Home Warranty Call Now Toll Free (855) 802-1335 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

First American Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First American Home Warranty?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First American Home Warranty?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

Although it took over a week to actually have someone fix our cooktop Jerome was pleasant, knowledgeable, and extremely courteous when assisting us with getting this item repaired. We are truly happy that we have our warranty service because this is the 2nd time this year that we have had to use it. So far, we cannot complain about having the items repaired because the repairs are done amazingly fast once the repairman is here.

First American Home Warranty response

Thank you Nina for your feedback!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

We are very satisfied with the fast and fair resolution that we received on our claim. One of the unexpected, but pleasant, highlights was the friendly and helpful service we received from the claim specialist who handled our claim. From our experience we would highly recommend First American Home Warranty Company.

First American Home Warranty response

Thank you Stephen for your feedback. We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

Very pleased with my first experience with First American Home Warranty!! Would definitely recommend them to other people! So happy that I chose First American Home Warranty in as much as I have seen other warranty companies advertised! Well satisfied!

First American Home Warranty response

Thank you Judith for your review!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

After multiple trips by one plumbing company to find and repair a water leak, FAHW Switched to a different plumbing company, who found the leak. They tried to order parts could not get them, so they recommended that the toilet be replaced which is what FAHW did and the leaking has stopped!

First American Home Warranty response

Hi Penny, we are glad your plumbing claim has been resolved. Thank you for choosing First American!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I've had a couple of hiccups over the years but AHW came through, even though I had to elevate the issue to the corporate office. I'm overall satisfied with this company. My only regret is that my Whirlpool refrig is not covered in my warranty.

First American Home Warranty response

Thank you for Elizabeth for your review!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

Had a hard time understanding When he talked. His English was hard to understand and did not have a good customer attitude when I told him my problem. You also do not have good service sometimes. Your service told me he did not have faith in the PGE when they should off my hot water. So who do you believe? He could have done this without voicing his opinion. This was Harris co. I believe that was their name and did not even leave me paperwork to show what he did. He told me but should have given me something to show his work other than that the PGE SHOULD NOT HAVE SHUT IT OFF. HAVING PGE COME BACK OUT TO RECHECK.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I have had repairs on my Electrical outlets as well as plumbing recently. The companies and technicians have been outstanding on every work order I have ever requested. The customer service with First American is outstanding. I have never had one bad call. They are friendly and always helpful to understand what issues I am having and to make sure I receive service within the 2 days.

First American Home Warranty response

Hi Tina. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your review. We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I couldn't get the dishwasher to work properly. The technician came out and verified everything was in good condition and it works perfectly. I am totally satisfied with the service that I received. And would recommend this company to friends.

First American Home Warranty response

Great to hear, Johnny! We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I placed a service request on 7/3/20 as my air conditioner wasn’t cooling. On 7/6/20 the repairman determined that my HVAC condenser had been struck by lightning and needed to be replaced. First American ordered the equipment on 7/20/20. Nine weeks later and my HVAC still hasn’t been repaired. I’ve been without air conditioning for over 11 weeks now. The service repair company said they expected the equipment within 2 weeks after ordering. I’ve sent First American many messages asking for an update on my equipment order. I’ve called the 800 service line and it says to send a message. First American hasn’t responded to my messages and I can’t get anyone on the phone. I paid a lot of money for the home warranty and it’s unacceptable for First American to even respond.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

Substandard work and will not answer your phone. Had the same repairman back on three different occasions for the same job. I am so sorry I signed up with this company. I'll go back to My previous warranty company as soon as this one expires.

First American Home Warranty Company Information