2. Homeowners

3.7/5 (578 ratings)
Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

About First American Home Warranty

First American Home Warranty is a leader in the home warranty industry, proudly serving homeowners for over 30 years. Our comprehensive plans protect homeowner’s budgets from unforeseen expenses due to normal wear and tear of a home's major systems and appliances.

Pros

• Termite coverage
    • Available in California, Arizona and Nevada
    • Pest control coverage

Cons

• Cancellation policy
    • Not available in all states

Bottom Line

First American Home Warranty has been in the industry for more than three decades. Although plans include some exclusions, the company’s add-on coverage allows customers to tailor the warranty to fit their needs.

First American Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First American Home Warranty?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about First American Home Warranty?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

We are very pleased with First American Home Warranty. Approximately two years ago our refrigerator stopped working. FAHW sent a repairman out within a day or so. When all was finished they had installed a new condenser and computer? It probably would have cost us a thousand dollars or more had we not had a home warranty. This year, 2021, our heat pump stopped working and FAHW replaced it with a totally new heat pump. They did it without any argument etc. We have used FAHW for several years now and highly recommend them. We wouldn't be without their service...and it is reasonably priced. I was a realtor for 24 years and they were my home warranty of choice. They never failed to make things right. People need to remember that with just about everything,things go wrong, or are not done as quickly as impatient people want done. We don't think you could do any better with any other home warranty.

First American Home Warranty response

Hello Dorothy. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I have a open claim for a ac replacement and I was told that I had to pay $2500 to get the job done. I asked for a cashout and I have been getting the runaround. I was assigned a claims representative named CARLOTTA ** at extension **. It's been over six weeks and I have left over a hundred messages on Carlotta’s extension and still haven’t received a call back. This company is impossible to deal with.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

The worst insurance company I have ever dealt with. Our dishwasher stopped working and insurance assigned service called Smart Choice. Smart Choice technician came 4 times and he had no idea (he even said he would lose his job if he tells he can't fix). We explained insurance and asked for another service. Insurance assigned Fox and technician figured out the problem but insurance decided to assign Smart Choice back. Smart Choice keeps cancelling request. Now insurance company keeps hanging up the phones. By the way, you can't send emails or submit any issues/complains through their website. They blocked all written communication ways so there is no proof left.

Hello Erkan,

First American apologizes for any inconvenience you may have experienced during the handling of your claim and thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are always looking for ways to better our service and your feedback is an invaluable part of the process. At this time, our records indicate that First American provide you with the option to either accept dishwasher repairs or cash payment in lieu of the repairs for $423.01. Your accepted the repairs. Please be advised, contractor Fox Appliance will contact you to proceed with repairs.

Please be advised, First American considers this claim pending.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

For over 25 years as a military family we moved around 17 times and always relied on home warranties until now that we were are in our forever home. Our AC stopped working last week and we immediately place an order for repair. The AC is still not fixed, company has not even ordered the part, it's almost 100 degrees here in Texas and the vendor is trying to overcharge us for added repairs that are not necessary. We even paid the top AC company in the area for a second opinion and they provided a report and offered to talk to First American to verify that the repairs or modifications Cortina & Sons are not necessary and are fraudulent. This is the worst home warranty company ever. Canceling ASAP! Going back to American Home Shield.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

We had a couple of rooms without power. First American sent out an electrician who determined the problem was not in the breaker box and recommended rewiring. That company submitted its recommendation to First American who then sent out another company who found the loose wire in one of the wall boxes and fixed the problem without a major project. First American is a smart outfit.

First American Home Warranty response

Hello Blaine. Thank you for your review.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

Triton Plumbing did prompt, professional job, arriving with correct part after receiving schematic of system online. Allows doing job on one visit and quickly. Mr, ** has encyclopedic plumbing experience and a full collection of potentially necessary parts in his truck.

First American Home Warranty response

Hello Seth. We are glad to hear your plumbing repair was completed in one day. We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

I had a leaking pool pump. I called to put in claim and it was fixed without further ado. I appreciate the professional treatment that was provided by First American Home Warranty and by the technician they sent to fix the pump. I'm a satisfied customer.

Glad to hear it Jeanne!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

Diamond Garage Door repair. Excellent. Gentleman was courteous and knew what he was doing. He explained the entire process to me. The only question I have is why wasn't the repair covered? I had to pay the $700.00 plus the $75.00.

First American Home Warranty response

Hello JoAnn. We appreciate your feedback. Our records indicate you placed a claim for your garage door opener not opening/closing. Diamond Garage Doors found the failure was to your garage door opener and replaced the unit under the home warranty contract. However, the springs and and tune up was what they charged you for as we do not cover for maintenance or springs by your contract. The $75.00 service call fee was collected by Diamond Garage Doors at the time of service on behalf of First American. The service call fee is due for every claim placed. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

First American Home Warranty was Great!! Good service with nice people! Now the Plumbing service All intercity Plumbing came and replaced the disposal that was leaking and left me with a NEW LEAK from one of the connecting pipes and would not come back the same day. Very poor service. Will never let them in my home again!! I paid to have somebody else to fix the leak.

First American Home Warranty response

Thank you William for your review!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

As always, this warranty company is the best. Prompt service and excellent follow-thru. The appliance company was wonderful to work with on the appointment. Looking forward to the new stove being installed. We have this warranty on another home. Same great service. Thank you.

First American Home Warranty response

Thanks for being a great customer Jean!

First American Home Warranty Company Information