Get a Free Quote Visit Website
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.23/5
Visit Website

First American Home Warranty is a leader in the home warranty industry, proudly serving homeowners for over 30 years. Our comprehensive plans protect homeowner’s budgets from unforeseen expenses due to normal wear and tear of a home's major systems and appliances.

First American Home Warranty Video
View More View More

First American Home Warranty Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Worst home warranty we ever have. We got the warranty when closing from the title company/lender. Please get your money back and buy warranty from another company on your own if you can. We requested plumbing work. I totally understand some conditions are not covered. But the contractor didn’t fix the problem and did the wrong diagnosis, so we have to find a plumber on our own and start it over.

What’s more, they still want to charge me based on this even when it is clear that the contractor did nothing right. So I dispute with them. I explain the situation; they ask for my invoice from my plumber. I submit the invoice and the check we used to pay; they ask for the plumber’s contact. My plumber already told me not to share the contact and I’m totally understand as the warranty will keep bugging him. The customer service is so bad and too hard to work with. They are keeping asking for documents other than find the problem and solve the problem on their side. I’m very frustrated and regret to choose this warranty. I have spent almost $500 for the warranty fee, now I need to spend $75 for nothing.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

We've had First American for seven years, and my only gripe about them is I hate their automated phone system. It’s awful. It doesn’t give proper options. It’s extremely limited and you couldn’t always convey the issue clearly to the system because it wouldn’t let you. So I don’t like it at all. I have a pretty large company, and my whole approach to problem-solving is one-on-one with a live person. So I don’t approve of automated systems for that use. But the contractor that did the refrigerator, B&B and the one that did the AC work, Islander By Choice did a good job, despite the fact that they had to order a part and it took a little while for it to get here.

First American Home Warranty response

Hi Steve, thank you for providing us with your feedback. We appreciate it.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

I am notorious for not being good with tools, which is why my wife would rather not have me fix our appliances when something goes wrong. Instead, we got a home warranty from First American. That way, we know that someone will be coming to fix our broken equipment as soon as possible.

First American Home Warranty response

Thank you Jaime for your review.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

First American Home Warranty is usually fast and comes when I need them. However, a couple of years ago, our kitchen sink was clogged and some guy came out. He tried and said, “Nope, it’s not gonna work. You have weird pipes.” We had to pay him and he left. The vendor wouldn’t do anything for us even though we paid them. We had to call out Roto-Rooter and they fixed it in five minutes. We had to pay $200 out-of-pocket. Trying to get ahold of First American to talk about why the company did not wanna do their job was rough. But when we had our garage repaired, it was totally worth it. We've been with First American for 10 years and never even thought to switch.

First American Home Warranty response

Thank you Rachel for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide us with your feedback. We really appreciate it.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

Technician checked lines and made sure everything was flowing and draining properly which fixed the loud sound that the dishwasher was making. He made me aware of what he was doing and how to keep filter clean moving forward. He also gave his contact information to make sure that if I had questions later, I could contact someone directly.

First American Home Warranty response

So great to hear, Jo! We appreciate your review and thank you for choosing First American.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First American Home Warranty?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

Problem with kitchen pipes and bathroom sink stopper. Kitchen pipes leaked and bathroom sink drain stopper did not work. The tech tighten and adjusted the kitchen pipes and replaced the bathroom drain assembly. After testing the work, I was satisfied.

First American Home Warranty response

Hi Ed, thank you for your review, we appreciate it.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

The first plumber sent by FAHW from Ohio Town & Country had us bash a big hole in our hallway which we had to pay for. He couldn't find any leak so we had a second plumber come in. The second plumber thought they found the leak, left then came back to fix it. When they did, they said that they thought the leak was from something else. They have since tried an alternate solution and now we have to get a drywall person to fix the hole that was bashed in.

Typically, FAHW doesn't cover any of the drywall issues. But then, it was their plumber who ordered us to bash holes into our walls and he didn't really know what he was doing. So, we have not used the full amount of FAHW's check that they sent us. I'm gonna refund that to them and ask them to cover the cost of this drywall bashing and repair. All in all, I was happier with the second group of plumbers, RCI Mechanical even though they changed their diagnosis. They didn't require cutting drywall away. We've kept First American Since moving into our place nine years ago trying to have peace of mind in case something goes wrong. Once in a while, we think about switching providers in order to pick our own contractors. It would really help if FAHW would cover the repairs we need. We've had plumbing problems ever since we moved in and I have paid thousands of dollars in drywall repair now for people who keep instructing us to bash holes.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

First American Home Warranty is an excellent company. They make sure whatever your need is they are on top of it. The customer service is professional and very knowledgeable. With my experiences the contractors they use are very professional as well!!! I highly recommend First American Home Warranty to take care of your home needs!!!

First American Home Warranty response

Hi Karen. Thank you so very much for your feedback. It is refreshing to hear that your needs were met and resolved. Have a great day.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

We've had FAHW since we purchased our house in 2003 and they usually get our issues resolved for us. Plus, it's easy to file a claim with them. We had an air conditioning issue once though and the tech was terrible. I had to go to the president level of the company to get my problem resolved. Still, the other techs we've had have been fine.

First American Home Warranty response

Hi Cheryl, we are sorry to hear, but are glad the issue has been resolved. We look forward to servicing you again in the future.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

The contractor was outstanding while FAHW was below any business standards. Received worst Better Business report this year. FA apparently communicated with the contractor but not with the customer. After the dust has settled, will terminated my policy as will several others in my neighborhood.

First American Home Warranty Company Information