Get a Free Quote Visit Website
Accredited Partner

Get a Free Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.38/5
Visit Website

First American Home Warranty is a leader in the home warranty industry, proudly serving homeowners for over 30 years. Our comprehensive plans protect homeowner’s budgets from unforeseen expenses due to normal wear and tear of a home's major systems and appliances.

First American Home Warranty Video
View More View More

First American Home Warranty Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: March 21, 2020

It’s been close to 2 months since I filled my claim. I have had four “so called” technicians come to my house to inspect and they all agreed that my damage was due to regular wear and tear. Due to wear and tear the gas valve of my gas range needs to be replaced. All the four technicians agree - and I have recordings of the technicians stating that it regular wear and tear.

One of the technicians asked me not to use the stove because it could explode. I have been eating out every day with a family of 4 for the last two months waiting for my repairs. I have called more than 10 times in the past two weeks and least countless messages and no one has called me back. I need someone to respond quickly, with the quarantine I cannot eat a warm meal. I would suggest anyone shopping for coverage not to use First American Home Warranty.

First American Home Warranty response

Hello Alex. We look forward to address your concerns with you.

Original review: March 21, 2020

The guys sent by First American come in, they do their job, and they get out. To me, that’s terrific. They should have somebody work 24/7 and on weekends. Other than that, it’s working out okay.

First American Home Warranty response

Thank you Dennis for your review.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I'm in the business of seeing warranty programs all the time. I do mortgages so a lot of times at the closing table, Realtors give packages to borrowers and things. I knew of all the different names so I just looked at all the different ones and weighed out who I thought was the better of all of them. I liked the amount that First American covers and the price that they do to cover them. They're more detailed in the house than just your refrigerator, your washer, and your dryer. They talk to you about the springs of your garage, the knobs on your appliances, and things like that which other companies overlook.

Unfortunately, the contractors aren't the most knowledgeable. They're selling the bill of goods to First American saying they can do this and that. But when they come to our house, they can't. They just say sorry and that they don't know what is wrong. I had an issue with my stove and their contractor came and fixed it. But one of the reasons one of the groups could not fix my stove was because they didn't have a specific tool that takes off the top of the stove. But when the right company came out finally, the tool was literally a flat piece of metal about the size of a six-inch ruler and that was all it was. They used a pair of pliers to turn the unlocking bolt and fixed the issue. I don't blame First American for that but I blame those companies that claim to be appliance repair companies.

Other than that, everything's good. But First American should have better companies behind them. When we finally found this company that did this work, I did everything I could to have them on my books to be able to use them. A lot of the complaints that I hear from some of these companies is that First American doesn't pay them enough to come out. I understand First American is sending them a business that they wouldn't normally get and it'll be on a grander scale. A lot of these guys are not opening their eyes to see what the potential business could be.

First American Home Warranty response

Hello Levon. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We appreciate it.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: March 17, 2020

This company is absolutely awful! They have been stringing me along now for 2 wks with an HVAC problem. I live in Florida, have 2 dogs and an elderly person in the home and it’s 88 deg out. First contractor they sent out said it was a buried coil outside which caused the issue and resulted In a claim denial. WRONG. Condenser is sitting on a concrete slab! I call them back, they tell me that they cannot order a second opinion but if I paid on my own, I could have another company come out to give their assessment and if approved, First American would cover that cost. I did that, called them back with the second opinion which clearly stated that this was not a matter of a buried coil but in fact just wear and tear from an 18yr old unit which uses r22 Freon to begin with.

Magically, after realizing that I had a second opinion of my own, they then somehow decided to order their own second opinion. Garbage. They just wanted one of “their” people to give an opinion that would line up with their agenda. Finally after multiple multiple frustrating calls spanning a two week period with a bunch of their condescending supervisors, they decided to use my opinion. Told me it would take 3-5 business days to get the AC coil. Today, I am told it has to be ordered from the manufacturer and will take 2-4 weeks or they can offer me $700. Meanwhile, it would cost me 3 times as much to replace a unit that’s illegal (which I wouldn’t even be able to do as a consumer). They then offer to reimburse me a pity $50 so I can go get a fan. It’s a 2300 sq ft house. What the heck is a fan going to do for me? I have 8 of them already!

Aside from the fact that I make a 6 figure salary, it wasn’t about the $$ as much about getting these people to do the right thing. All about their agenda and not anything else. Now I’m at their mercy for 2-4 wks for an obsolete part. I may just go get a new hvac system and be done with these crooks. This has been by far the worst experience with a warranty company ever. I own 4 other properties and use Choice Home Warranty and have never had an issue. This company I unfortunately inherited as part of the purchase of this home from the seller. Do yourself a favor and stay away from them ! Their employees are very ignorant, customer service is off shored to some place Like Costa Rica and they don’t give a crap about anyone except for themselves.

Original review: March 15, 2020

I had a fellow out for our toilet. He did a nice job and they got a hold of me pretty quickly. It wasn’t an emergency so I wasn’t pushing too hard. But First American called me within two days. I also had a big issue with a flood last year and the plumber that I got was outstanding. I ended up doing something that was not within the coverage of the plan but it was a better way to deal with it. He was really a nice guy and helped me a lot with my insurance company because there was an issue of whether they would cover it. And he interceded so we got it covered. Then, I recently had to have a re-inspection because I got my insurance renewed, and he came and did it. He didn't even want me to pay him, but I did.

Other than that, I had a bad experience a few years ago with a guy who was supposed to come but kept canceling. I called the company and he still gave me a bad time. There was another leak but that one was handled and covered. Still, my experience was very bad. The contractor was a small operator and he wouldn’t show up on time, plus he canceled without notifying me. Because of that, I dropped First American for a year and went with American Home Shield. But I switched back and overall, I was satisfied with First American's service last year. I’m gonna keep them.

First American Home Warranty response

Thank you Alan for your review.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First American Home Warranty?

Original review: March 14, 2020

Bought a house 6 months ago and the cheap sellers chose this home warranty company. We’ve had 8 basic wear and tear repair requests made and NONE of them were honored by this con artist company. This is a scam. If you have the chance, request another home warranty company.

Original review: March 14, 2020

First American get things done. And I don’t have to call and call again.

First American Home Warranty response

Great to hear Christina. Thank you for your review.

Original review: March 13, 2020

Very competent service providers! Prompt response and on time arrivals. Immediate access to entire process from beginning to end! Photo provided of technicians to ensure safety! Professional care was taken regarding my home and clear explanations of the service required or recommended! My technician was knowledgeable and courteous! Received quality service that would normally cost thousands only cost me my flat service fee! I’m very pleased with First American Home Warranty! I’ve been a consumer 2010!

First American Home Warranty response

Hello Marcelle. We are pleased to hear that you are satisfied with our services. We appreciate your feedback and review. Thank you and have a great day.

Original review: March 13, 2020

We have been with First American for over 10 years. They have improved greatly over the years. They really take care of you well, and follow up on every claim. We are very happy with them and recommend First American to everyone looking for good home warranties.

First American Home Warranty response

Hello Violet. We are pleased to hear that you are satisfied with our services. We appreciate your feedback and review. Have a great day.

Original review: March 12, 2020

First American usually gets to us quickly, but the last time we had an issue, the person that was supposed to come out for our new dishwasher had a health problem and no one contacted us for two weeks. I didn't like that. We then had to hire somebody on our own and then get paid back, which we didn't like that much either. Recently, I was getting some new floors put in my bathroom and the contractor found a leak. I put in a claim for that on Thursday and I was told that there was moisture in the wall so check-marked the box and put it in as an emergency. But I still hadn't heard anything by yesterday so I just canceled it. Usually, they never just not reply at all, but I didn't even get a text back.

About six days later, I kept checking online and it kept saying that they were working on finding the contractor. We’ve had about six claims and it seems for air conditioning and heaters, they get out really quick. Our very first claim was for a microwave and they had us find our own and then they paid us back. I don’t know why they do that with appliances. Other than that, things have been working out well.

First American Home Warranty response

Hello Kay. We appreciate your feedback. First American will be in contact regarding your plumbing claim. Thank you.

First American Home Warranty Company Information