3.29/5
Based on 1,273 ratings submitted in the last year
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

First American Home Warranty is a leader in the home warranty industry, proudly serving homeowners for over 30 years. Our comprehensive plans protect homeowner’s budgets from unforeseen expenses due to normal wear and tear of a home's major systems and appliances.

First American Home Warranty Video
BBBB Rating
View More View More

5895 First American Home Warranty Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

A/C went out in July. Tech came, changed thermostat and capacitor. After he left, the same problem existed-the unit would not turn on. Put in a second claim a week ago, the same tech came, said it needed a motor and control board and he would submit the paperwork for the parts. Said they should be in at the end of last week. We heard nothing so called Jungle Cat Cooling today and they said the tech never filed any paperwork for the claim. We are in the 100s and we have a senior citizen in the house who is having trouble with the heat. This is dangerous and unacceptable. I will be filing a complaint with the attorney general.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

The weekend I have house guests and I wake up to my AC not working. Ruben arrived shortly after 10am and new instantly what he needed to check. He had the part with him and had my system up and running quickly. Friendly, knowledgeable and professional. Can't beat that!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

This is second time I used First American warranty. Both times I had great service. I highly recommend them, especially to single women. No cons. Professional, reliable service. I highly recommend to my friends. Safe and they clean up when done. For $75.00 deductible I had several hundreds of dollars worth of work done.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

If it were not for Maria ** this review would be mostly 1 stars but thanks to her All-Star effort I am rating you higher. I recently had work done to my septic tank that needed repairs to keep the structural integrity in place so it would not fail to cause a huge issue and going through the proper channels I submitted for approval and sought advice on a contractor once agreed upon I had the work done and submitted my claim. Afterwards is where the struggles began.

There is a lack of communication between representative on the side of understanding a cases history. Maria worked with me side by side in arranging, approving, and initiating the claim. When I wasn't able to reach her the few times I called trying to submit paperwork and getting my refund approved. I was pushed between representatives and told many confusing wrong things that were at times contradicting.

The online submitting process for review of a claim is a joke due to its non-personal slash and burn style of denying claims simply by verbiage of a contract. I was on the verge at one point of hiring a lawyer for small claims due to the way my claim online was handled. Thankfully I was able to get back in contact with Maria and the situation was rectified but it makes me very concerned about how customers are being taken care of because I know I am persistent where I know others would have given up out of frustration and confusion. If there were not employees like Maria I would not be renewing next year but thankfully you do have a few kind-hearted employees that listen and work with their clients unlike a mindless automated claims system that looks for any excuse to deny a claim. In the future I will only be contacted to work phone to phone with an employee rather than trying to use your automated system which is a waste of time.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

Refrigerator repair. Kitchen floor flooded, you had ATI visit us, determined a new water valve was needed. Repair was made in just a few days. Very satisfied. Technician was very friendly and knew his work well. There is nothing I can add to this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First American Home Warranty?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

It took 1 month for anyone to get back to us about repairing a light. We called them three times and were promised a call back. They never called back. We called to find out what's going on. For the fourth time the person on the phone didn’t know what contractor they sent out and proceeded to ask to call me back while she looks into it. It appears this is a tactic to get you off the phone. Finally I call to cancel my policy. They tell us they need to transfer to the cancellation dept. No answer. Left message. Called back. Was given an email to request cancellation. They still billed my credit card.

Called them again. They never received an email which I received a confirmation from them. Sent email number 2. Called them. They tell me they need a letter not email. Became frustrated and they transferred to again to the cancellation dept. No answer. Another voicemail. Then I get another email asking for an email requesting cancellation. STAY AWAY. This company didn’t care about their customers and makes canceling a nightmare in hopes you give up. I will be filing a complaint with Better Business.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

The servicemen were prompt, friendly and quick! It was a Sunday and were dreading going all night without or face a hotel bill. Turns out it froze from the high humidity. They checked it. (I had just had it service as an annual thing.) It still had gas and we were cool in no time.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

Your contractor came in with an attitude and read the whole situation incorrectly. I removed the panels prior to him arriving to make it easier for him to test the unit which he did not do. He looked at it, took photos and made an assumption. I called a reliable contractor to come out and test the unit to find out that it was the dip tubes not a short as your contractor assumed.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

They are quick to respond & very friendly & helpful. The cost is pretty good for dealing with issues that have come up since we moved in. The companies they’ve sent for services have been excellent and I would highly recommend them.

First American Home Warranty response

Hi Pat. We are so happy to hear you were satisfied with the service. Thanks for letting us know how we are doing!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I would certainly recommend a friend to use your company and have done so in the past. Typically the problem gets repaired. Have had difficulty calling in claims and will never do so again. I will only process my claims online.

First American Home Warranty response

Thank you, Bennett for the honest feedback. We are happy to hear that the online claim processing application is working well. Sorry to hear about the issues when you call in. We are always striving to improve our customer service.

First American Home Warranty Company Information