2. Homeowners
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.43/5

First American Home Warranty is a leader in the home warranty industry, proudly serving homeowners for over 30 years. Our comprehensive plans protect homeowner’s budgets from unforeseen expenses due to normal wear and tear of a home's major systems and appliances.

First American Home Warranty Video
View More View More
First American Home Warranty Call Now Toll Free (855) 292-5827 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

First American Home Warranty Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: June 20, 2020

Septic. The quality of two different contractors and customer service issues with customer service reps not listening and and scheduling incorrectly to blame on their computer system when I've has this annual repair multiple times. Cost me several hours away from my work and is still not complete.

Hello Laura,
Thank you for your honest feedback. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with the handling of your claim, and thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are always looking for ways to better our service and your feedback is an invaluable part of the process.
At this time, our records indicate that the job has been completed.

Thank you.

Original review: June 20, 2020

A service request made on June 8, 2020, for AC. I spoke with reps on June 11, 2020, to inquire when the part would be ordered and work will be completed. The reps were very rude and disrespectful. I was even told it was only 85 degrees where I am. This repair has taken about 2 weeks and that is not acceptable. I have been living in a hothouse and been very uncomfortable but First American doesn't seem to care. I am very dissatisfied with the service and especially the way I was spoken to by the customer service reps. I would not recommend or refer a friend at this point. I feel like I'm getting the runaround and not treated like a valued customer.

Original review: June 19, 2020

The repair company came out to attempt to fix my freezer for the 3rd time (not the same company). So far it’s still working. My ice maker works sometimes, it has been looked at several times. The gentlemen did mention that whoever looked at it previously messed it up more.

First American Home Warranty response

Hi Jeanna. We are glad to know that you unit is currently working. We understand that you have concerns regarding the repairs to your ice maker. Please continue to monitor its functionality and if you have any addtional failures, please let us know so that we may review further.

Original review: June 19, 2020

We had an AC break on us (ten days later it is still broken) and unfortunately we had to reach out to First American to get it fixed. There is complete lack of communication, one manager even told me “the other manager lied.” It has been more than 2 weeks and I’m still fighting with them to get someone out. After they approved an outside source, they walked back their approval because the source was “too expensive.” They then promised to find someone to come in within 24-48 hrs otherwise they would move ahead with the outside source. Another lie- they couldn’t find any other tech to come out and are still keeping me hanging.

Managers just say what you want to hear and resolve nothing because the next person you talk to has no clue what is going on. (Each person I have spoken with has said there is no notes) Just stay away...I’m sick to my stomach with how this company runs. Lies lies lies. Not worth the wait, fighting or the energy. Working on trying to get a refund now. Ps- you are put on hold at least ONE hour every single time you call.

Original review: June 19, 2020

We bought our first home less than a year ago and our basement has flooded on numerous occasions. The first 2 times, we filed a claim and a plumber came out and unclogged the drain for $75 each visit. We asked him why this kept happening and his response was "it's an old house, it's just something you'll have to live with." Well you can imagine our frustration at this point so a few months later, we decided to call in someone on our own. They were able to tell us we have a broken pipe in our sewer line. We were relieved to have an answer and contacted First American about coverage for this fix. The service representatives I spoke with told me that if it's outside of the home, it's not covered. So our pipe that is 4 feet away from my front window is not covered because it's in my garden and not in my house.

I understand that it's home warranty, but shouldn't that include the entire property you're purchasing? I think it's a little ridiculous that we haven't even lived in this home for a year and we now have to pay almost $4,000 to have this repair done, out of pocket, in the middle of a pandemic. This is on top of the $150 we paid to have a plumber come out and tell us we just have to live with this. To say I'm upset is a huge understatement. Until this gets fixed, we can't do laundry, dishes, shower, or flush the toilet without our basement flooding. It's extremely disgusting in our basement because no matter how many times we clean or rinse the dirty water away, it just keeps coming back because of this broken pipe. I truly hope someone reads this and can help us in some way. Thank you.

Hello Danielle,

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced with the handling of your claim. Please be advised collapsed or broken lines outside the foundation are listed as not covered in your home warranty contract under section, PLUMBING STOPPAGES-NOT COVERED, which states:

“STOPPAGES CAUSED BY FOREIGN OBJECTS, ROOTS, COLLAPSED OR BROKEN LINES OUTSIDE THE FOUNDATION, ACCESS TO DRAIN OR SEWER LINES FROM ROOF VENT AND COSTS TO LOCATE, ACCESS OR INSTALL A GROUND LEVEL CLEANOUT”

Our records indicate that the contractor reported clearing the main sewer line and no other repairs needed at the time.

Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First American Home Warranty?

Original review: June 19, 2020

I have been pleased with my First American Home Warranty. I have compared other plans and have found First American Home Warranty to be the best plan for the money for me. I have used the plan three times in four years. I made a claim on my washing machine, and twice on my air conditioner. All I paid was my deductible of $75.00. My plan costs $57.00 per month.

First American Home Warranty response

Hi Carlene. We are happy to hear your satisfaction with the services provided. Thank you for your positive feedback and continued support!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
Original review: June 19, 2020

I filled out service request on 6/12. Got a call from a contractor that day, but unfortch, they couldn't get out until Monday, 6/15. Furnace needs a new fan. Filled out report to FAHW. I saw on Tuesday 6/23 it had been approved to order the parts. As of Friday afternoon, at 3:49pm the parts have still not been ordered. I haven't had air conditioning for a week. I've had to leave the house for 3 of those days due to me and my spouse working from home. My a/c should have been repaired this week.

Original review: June 19, 2020

My AC was inoperative since 6/6/2020. Parts wasn’t ordered till 6/17/2020. I explained to you guys my wife had MS and couldn’t get hot. I had to rush her to Er. I had to stay in a hotel Hyatt for four days. No one really cared. Finally I had to opted out to cash out, ordered the parts myself and had tech to put in. This has been the worst experience ever. I have four properties with warranties with 1st American. I’m thinking about looking for other warranty companies.

Original review: June 18, 2020

Called leaking dishwasher 5/28/20, service tech came out after 4 days. Said we needed a pump, he would order. It would take about 10 business days. In the meantime checked the service request on First American Home Warranty website and it said the request was completed. What???? Called FAHW, they said the they would call the plumber, the part was in 6/18/20. I called plumber and they had no idea what I was talking about. Tech said he would call back, finally called and told us everything was our fault and he wouldn't be out until next week. We are now at 4 weeks and still no repair. Keep your part, keep your warranty, I called Sears Appliance repair. I will NEVER do business with them again.

Original review: June 18, 2020

I have had to file formal complaints against FAHW twice in my 1 and only year being a warranty holder. I have a first-class eagle premier upgrade plan and still it's a battle to ensure coverage and services are completed and treated with respect. As you can see from the images, I filed a service request for my failed ceiling fan. The technician came and said that the motor in the ceiling fan was no longer working and the fan would need to be replaced.

Under my plan, the ceiling fan is supposed to be covered. The catch, though, not listed in the service agreement itself, is that ceiling fans are replaced with building grade ceiling fans worth $50 that are ugly and do not match the ones we own. I accept that though and expect a $50 cash out that I can take to purchase a new one on my own. But no. I am then informed there will be no cash out. So, wow, coverage once again not actually coverage. The same thing happened with a repair of our HVAC system. Do yourself a favor and do NOT get a warranty, especially from these criminals.

First American Home Warranty Company Information