2. Homeowners
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get a Quote
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.50/5

First American Home Warranty is a leader in the home warranty industry, proudly serving homeowners for over 30 years. Our comprehensive plans protect homeowner’s budgets from unforeseen expenses due to normal wear and tear of a home's major systems and appliances.

First American Home Warranty Video
First American Home Warranty Call Now Toll Free (855) 802-1335 Get a Quote
Call Now Toll Free

First American Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First American Home Warranty?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First American Home Warranty?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

We were without working toilets and showers for almost a month because of tree roots in the pipes. Our coverage covers both a video scope and clearing of roots, but the First American Home Warranty vendor refused to do it and First American Home Warranty refused to follow through when I made them aware of the problem. Instead, the vendor broke their snake off in the pipe and told me I would have to pay nearly $3000.00 to have them remove the broken snake and ascertain the damage. In the end I spent $600.00 for a local plumber to come out with a video scope and high pressure hose to clear the roots from the system.

When I shared this information with First American Home Warranty, they completely ignored me. It was horrid, incompetent and careless - the way in which First American Home Warranty handled the claim by choosing to not listen and simply turned a blind eye in what possibly will be our greatest need for their help. First American Home Warranty is disgraceful, uncaring and deceitful. First American Home Warranty has no interest in helping homeowners, they simply want your premium money and then for you to go away until you cut them a check again next year. The worst experience in my 20+ years of home ownership.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

If I could rate (-) minus stars I would. I have been without a dryer for 6 weeks now. I call and check on parts 2 to 3 times per week and every time I call I get a different story, a different time frame and get told that the previous person was "mistaken", I have been given tracking numbers and updates for parts being shipped to find out they have not even shipped, I get told that I misunderstood what they were saying, not sure how I misunderstand "I have a tracking number and it shows delivery for tomorrow". They have even called me with a new update for delivery and then when that doesn't happen they again tell me I'm wrong and it was just an estimate.

I have asked to have a buy out on the appliance since they can't get parts and they said they can get parts so they will not do it. I asked if that was good customer service and was told and I quote "it's not about customer service". I've asked to speak to supervisors and they put me there isn't one, when I press the point they put me on extended hold and the next person is no help and tells me I just have to wait, if I ask for another supervisor because I feel I've waited long enough and I want a resolution they HANG UP on me.

All I want is my dryer fixed, to be able to do laundry and they are disrespectful, demeaning, unresponsive and uncooperative. I switched from another home warranty company because it was too hard to get through on the phone, this is my first repair and will be my last. The person who sold me the warranty spent an hour on the phone telling me how wonderful they were and I would be so happy with the service they provide and boy was I taken advantage of. I will be filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

First American is a terrible company to deal with. We are still waiting after almost two months to have our dishwasher replaced after it caught fire and was damaged beyond repair. First American took 3 weeks to just evaluate the problem, and then 2 more weeks to finally agree to replace the unit, and then 2 more weeks to put the unit on order, and now we are still waiting for a date upon which the unit will be installed. Their communication with us has been slow and often incorrect. The case manager has refused to talk with us directly. We still don't know if this problem will be resolved.

Hello Robert,

First American apologizes for any inconvenience you may have experienced during the handling of your claim and thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are always looking for ways to better our service and your feedback is an invaluable part of the process. At this time, our records indicate that the repair to your oven is scheduled to be completed on Monday November 23, 2020 between 10-2pm. In regards to your dishwasher, GE Sales will contact you directly to schedule a mutually convenient appointment to complete the replacement.

Please be advised, First American considers your claim pending.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

First American Home Warranty is great. I've been a customer for 10 years. Submitting a claim is extremely easy, and their reps are very professional. We haven’t had any technicians that come out that weren’t professional. We've been extremely satisfied with their work. I'll continue to be a customer with First American.

First American Home Warranty response

Hello. Thank you for your feedback. Have great day.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

Everything's been great with FAHW. Every time I've had them come out, they've been very professional and really responsive to my questions. I did have to have a recall on the electrical outlet. It was on the junction box in the kitchen. The wire seemed to be fine when the electrician was first there, but when I went to install a fixture and extend one of the wires, the insulation snapped in my hand. But they came right back out and replaced it with no fee. It's working fine now.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

Submitting a claim was easy pre-COVID because we could just pick up the phone and call. But since then, First American said that they've scaled back and everything has to be done online. So trying to get somebody on the phone is not nearly as good as it was. It took us two months to get a cooktop replaced. So it's not been nearly as easy, and therefore a little frustrating. You go around and around in circles with the computer prompts or the telephone prompts.

The tech with the cooktop was terrible. I actually requested somebody different and I got him. That guy was very responsive. But the other techs have been fine. The work that First American approved has been good work. It didn't seem to be like they were trying to cut corners. Also, when I asked for a different contractor, they got one.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

First American had better deals. We have a close friend that's also with them. Every interaction that we've had with any of the representatives has always been very pleasant. The technicians explain what they're doing and what follow up appointments may need to happen. They're also giving us extra tips and tricks to keep things flowing, as we have some plumbing issues. Everything's been good. We really enjoy being with the company. They're very friendly, easy to use and get claims in.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

The Tech, Alvin, analyzed the problem and made a safety decision to condemn the unit due to the heat exchanger. Now I'm waiting to hear back from First American. I appreciated the timeliness and the professional manner that the tech displayed.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2020

Our dishwasher was leaking. The guy who came out was great. He got it fixed very quickly, especially once he got the part ordered. We're satisfied with First American.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

Major problem with purchasing not ordering the part. Timeline for ordering is 48 hours. After repeated calls - customer service had to escalate via supervisor to purchasing. I wasted 1 week! Julio promised a call back on Friday - no call. Terrible service.

Hello William,

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during the handling of your kitchen refrigerator claim. Upon review, our records indicate you accepted the cash payment of $1,354.09 in lieu of the kitchen refrigerator replacement. The consumer will receive their check in seven to ten days. As such, First American considers your claim closed.

Thank you.