Farm Bureau Life Insurance

Compare Life Insurance

Research top Life Insurance recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We had Farm Bureau for several years. We had a great agent. Then he left...bad news after that. New agent was never available. Call back after 4 to 5 days. The customer service people the FW branch are rude. It was lie after lie for a refund check after cancelling.

This insurance company is always friendly and willing to help and answer any questions I have. Always there for me either by phone, in person, or if I visit their website. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable and eagerly to help with whatever my problem shall be. I have had this insurance for years and have had great service with them. I have never had a problem. If I have a question they always are there to help answer it. I highly recommend this insurance company and staff.

Farm Bureau provides insurance at reasonable prices with very good customer service. There are local agents in every county who care enough to get to know you and want to provide you with an excellent insurance experience.

Have been with them for 15 years. They have been easy to work with. They respond quickly and we have had no problems dealing with the company. Have not found a better deal or rate.

Well I have never had a reason to use it. That makes me happy, my premiums have stayed constant. Since I have had the insurance with Farm Bureau, all recommendations I have got are all very positive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farm Bureau Life?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I've been with Motorist's Life insurance for over 20 years. They offer great rates and excellent coverage. My father passed away a couple years ago, his policy with them was quickly and easily handled. I'm very happy dealing with them.

Have had the agent and company for more than 30 years. Any claims have been handled excellent and fair. Agent reviews with us yearly to make sure we have the coverage we need. He has an excellent staff.

My life insurance policy is thru my place of employment. The coverage I believe is adequate and I can carry it over should I retire from the company.

I have been with this insurance company for over twenty five years. Have never had any problems with them. Have low rates. Have a number of services local, care about their customers' needs.

I have been with them for 21 years and I am not as satisfied with them due to not knowing much about it. For the price I pay is fair but I got failed by not getting told the real truth about insurance or I would had been paying more in. I think it's a necessary evil. Something you absolutely should have and need but not happy with knowing it could end soon and lose all I paid in. So I am not happy with it which probably lays back in agents lap for not explaining to me properly...

It's for seniors and is whole life. Premiums never go up. Amount never goes down which before had insurance through my husband's employer where he retired. And at age 64, found out it was term and would cancel out when I turned 70.

Not very satisfied with insurance rep. Mother started policy prior to me becoming an adult, at which time I took over the payments. I am still paying an additional premium for being a tobacco user, and I am no longer a smoker (have not been for over 2 years). Rep is hard to get ahold of and this type of product is complicated to transfer.

I get it through my job and it has been a great experience for me and I know my family will be taken care of if something were to happen to me. My insurance company is a great company.

I have had a life insurance policy with Farm Bureau for 20 years. My premium is about $120 per month. I received a letter today that they are increasing my premium effective April 2011 to $357.92 per month. This should be against the law. I cannot pay an additional $200 per month for a life insurance and I should not have to after having this policy for 20 years.

Expert Review

Neal FrankleLife Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of    More about Neal→

Farm Bureau Financial Services offers several types of life insurance to residents in Arizona, Iowa, Idaho, Kansas, Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah, Wisconsin and Wyoming. They have earned "Excellent" ratings from A.M. Best for more than 50 years.

• Term life: Term life insurance policies are available as income protection throughout the policyholder's working life and require no medical exam.
  • Whole life: Whole life insurance policies are available to cover funeral expenses and bills left behind, and they can also be borrowed against for planned or unexpected life events, such as a business start-up or early retirement.
  • Universal life: Universal life insurance policies, which can be changed along the life of the policy to meet the needs of the policyholder, are available for those who desire more flexibility in their coverage plans.
  • Multiple discounts: They offer discounts for nonsmokers and healthy living on all three types of plans.
  • Tax-deferred interest: Money invested earns competitive rates and is accessible through partial withdrawals or loans so that policyholders have expanded options when life throws an unexpected curve ball.

Compare Life Insurance Companies