Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates
  2. Finance
  3. Life Insurance

Farm Bureau Life Insurance

Farm Bureau Life
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.97/5

Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates

Farm Bureau Life Reviews

Original review: June 4, 2018

I don’t go to my policy online because when I have questions or want to see what’s going on with my policy and what are my options for improving it, I call up my agent, Mark **, and he comes to me. I like this personal touch. It’s why I have other policies with him as well.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Please don't use Farm Bureau Financial Services for life insurance for your loved ones. I am a beneficiary of one of their policies, and it is a stressful experience. First, they claimed that my mom had made phone calls to them on dates that were *after she had died*. Second, they are rude by way of being brusque. I tried to complain, but it turns out that this department is pretty much just a room with three women, including the manager.

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 6, 2016

We had Farm Bureau for several years. We had a great agent. Then he left...bad news after that. New agent was never available. Call back after 4 to 5 days. The customer service people the FW branch are rude. It was lie after lie for a refund check after cancelling.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2016

This insurance company is always friendly and willing to help and answer any questions I have. Always there for me either by phone, in person, or if I visit their website. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable and eagerly to help with whatever my problem shall be. I have had this insurance for years and have had great service with them. I have never had a problem. If I have a question they always are there to help answer it. I highly recommend this insurance company and staff.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2016

Farm Bureau provides insurance at reasonable prices with very good customer service. There are local agents in every county who care enough to get to know you and want to provide you with an excellent insurance experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farm Bureau Life?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2016

Have been with them for 15 years. They have been easy to work with. They respond quickly and we have had no problems dealing with the company. Have not found a better deal or rate.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2016

Well I have never had a reason to use it. That makes me happy, my premiums have stayed constant. Since I have had the insurance with Farm Bureau, all recommendations I have got are all very positive.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2015

I've been with Motorist's Life insurance for over 20 years. They offer great rates and excellent coverage. My father passed away a couple years ago, his policy with them was quickly and easily handled. I'm very happy dealing with them.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2015

Have had the agent and company for more than 30 years. Any claims have been handled excellent and fair. Agent reviews with us yearly to make sure we have the coverage we need. He has an excellent staff.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2015

My life insurance policy is thru my place of employment. The coverage I believe is adequate and I can carry it over should I retire from the company.

Farm Bureau Life expert review by Neal Frankle

Farm Bureau Financial Services offers several types of life insurance to residents in Arizona, Iowa, Idaho, Kansas, Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah, Wisconsin and Wyoming. They have earned "Excellent" ratings from A.M. Best for more than 50 years.

• Term life: Term life insurance policies are available as income protection throughout the policyholder's working life and require no medical exam.

• Whole life: Whole life insurance policies are available to cover funeral expenses and bills left behind, and they can also be borrowed against for planned or unexpected life events, such as a business start-up or early retirement.

• Universal life: Universal life insurance policies, which can be changed along the life of the policy to meet the needs of the policyholder, are available for those who desire more flexibility in their coverage plans.

• Multiple discounts: They offer discounts for nonsmokers and healthy living on all three types of plans.

• Tax-deferred interest: Money invested earns competitive rates and is accessible through partial withdrawals or loans so that policyholders have expanded options when life throws an unexpected curve ball.

by Neal Frankle Life Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.

Farm Bureau Life Company Information