Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.26/5

Get matched with an Insurance Provider

See if you can save today on Everquote

Find my match

Farm Bureau Homeowners Reviews

Original review: May 27, 2020

All these years and y'all haven't done nothing extra for your customers. House insurance would not pay for heater fire accept 800$ 500$ was deductible! Our life is worth more than that. We replaced it ourselves. Roof no help! There, gonna miss match! Lady hit me in a parking lot! I got 3 insurance points and she was on a cell and told us it happened to her at the Olive Garden...a little suspicious to me. We got screwed! Now you send my regular high bill and everybody else giving discounts in this horrific time! SHAME ON YOU! Oh yea and others with your insurance gets checks for anything. Sick!

Original review: May 22, 2020

Do not waste your money and buy their Home Insurance. It is crap. I cannot believe they are an A+ company when I see all of the 1 star reviews. I had them for over 15 years and filed a claim and it was denied.

Get buying tips about Homeowners Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2019

Avoid this insurance unless you enjoy paying increased premiums every year. When I asked they claimed I was getting a better deal, that other companies would charge me more. After 3 increases my premiums were double than when I first started. I stopped believing their lies and went directly to another insurance which quoted me a premium of about 70% less. I switched and now am trying to get my prepaid annual premium back from them. They claimed it was sent directly to my bank but my bank claims it should have been sent directly to me. When I call Farm Bureau they say "I have someone in my office I have to hang up".

Original review: May 14, 2019

I got insurance from these guys for my apt. I canceled on the SAME DAY! I still get charged and I got refunded $74 dollars less than they took from me. They didn't refund me right away because I they wanted to see if I was going with someone else and they can compare coverage. They don't need that because I had canceled when I signed, it didnt come into effect until weeks later. Called customer service and they said my account was activated for 6 days and I got charged $74 dollars! You kidding me? If I could rate you a 0 I would.

Original review: April 7, 2019

This company is unbelievable. My sister caused a problem at the Union City, TN office because she was mad at my Mother and they cancelled all her insurance without any written notice. Wish I could sue them. I became her POA in January and we received NO written or verbal communication they just stopped taking her monthly payments out of her checking account. What is even worse Mom is in the nursing home and I found out Friday they had cancelled her supplemental Medicare insurance. No notice I was told by the nursing home.

Mom and my late Father were with Farm Bureau for almost 50 years. The more horrible thing is that they did NOT cancel my sister's insurances with them. What is that about? I am on a mission to stop anyone from buying Farm Bureau of any kind. I also have found that State Farm is 100% better. They do NOT prorate your roof when you need a new one. Hope that very soon there is no Farm Bureau because they always cheat their oldest customers. Horrible.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farm Bureau Homeowners?

Original review: March 29, 2019

We expected our insurance company to protect us or represent us from a frivolous trespass claim with a slightly senile neighbor. Claim and representation was denied even though we have $1 million umbrella policy. We had to hire our own attorney. Then when our yacht moored in Lake Ponderay suffered engine room damage in spite of our best efforts to prevent freeze damage we were denied again with an agent who could care less about covering our loss and using an exclusion in our policy that essentially renders our boat insurance worthless and probably best we didn't suffer a total loss on the boat as it would not have been covered either… In short after two claims, both of which were denied and would've been covered by any other insurance I am spending my $4000 a year in policy coverage anywhere else! As far as I'm concerned, this insurance company is good only until you file a claim and then they have proved worthless…

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

We have been with Farm Bureau since we bought our home in 2014. We didn't filed a claim until this year when a pipe burst under our home and caused water damage to the subflooring causing a huge weak spot on our floor in the kitchen. The linoleum flooring is the only thing keeping people from falling through. We filed a claim, we were low balled and sent a check for less than half of what it would cost to repair. We filed a supplemental claim and was told we would not be charged an additional deductible since it was a supplemental claim attached to the initial claim.

That was a lie. They charged us $1000 both times and deducted "depreciation" costs both times as well. The supplemental check was barely over $200. Icing on the cake the agent (Tucker) who was suppose to give his estimate, still has not sent it to us so we can send it with the check to our mortgage company to be signed and here we are 2 months later with a hole in the floor and a worthless check because a lazy agent is never able to be reached, never returns calls, allegedly is never in his office and has yet to do his actual job so we can fix our floor before one of us or or 6 kids falls through and gets hurt. I would not recommend this company or that agent to anyone. We will be switching to a more capable company with agents who have better work ethics. I would not even give this company a 1 star but I had to rate in order to submit.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I didn’t think a company could disappoint me more than Comcast. I should have looked up reviews for Farm Bureau before purchasing my home, car and life insurance policies with them. They denied my roof claim two years ago. I had to come up with $10,000 to fix the roof and damage inside. I guess “it wasn’t storm damage” so it wasn’t covered. Today, I was informed that my basement flooding wasn’t covered. If a pipe burst and flooded it though, it would be. Favorite quote of the day (it’s early, there’s time for more) “ Your policy literally covers everything but the exclusions.”

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

We have had Farm Bureau Homeowners insurance for at least 10 years. We never had any claims. This is the first time we have had a roof damage to fix and they are not willing to pay it. They claim it is not rain or wind damage, oh what could it be? Did the squirrels chew on it. I am very disappointed with the company and I am ready to switch insurance companies. For the years we have been paying and using it I thought we are entitled to getting our roof fixed. We are going to withdraw all our insurances with them. Car, home everything. What is the use of having an insurance company if they only suck up your money and fulfill their job when you need them. :(

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I have had home insurance through GA Farm Bureau for over 30 yrs. My policy payment was due on a certain day. I asked if I could pay them 4 days later instead of that particular day. I had been sick but they would not take that into consideration. All they cared about was the money. What would have 4 days more mattered considering my situation.

Farm Bureau Homeowners author review by Matthew Brodsky

This insurance company offers homeowners insurance for single-family dwellings, townhomes, duplexes, fourplexes, mobile homes and condominiums. The company also sells auto insurance and has an A rating from AM Best.

• Cost: Farm Bureau doesn’t have prices immediately available on its website, and prices vary significantly by state. However, the average cost of homeowners insurance policies is $1,200 a year.

• Plans and coverage: Farm Bureau’s base policy covers dwellings, additional structures and personal property. Guaranteed replacement covers up to 125% of the policy’s limit for home repair or replacement. Additional coverage includes equipment breakdown and umbrella coverage.

• Discounts: Farm Bureau offers discounts for bundling, new homes, roof replacements, home protection systems and customer loyalty.

• Availability: Farm Bureau Financial Services writes policies in Arizona, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Utah, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor