Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Homeowners Insurance Quotes

Compare and Save - Protect Your Home

Compare Quotes

Farm Bureau Homeowners Reviews

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

All in all I did have a good past with Farm Bureau Insurance. This was until I needed them. The adjustor came to look at the problem, glass broke on the storm door. Adjustor said he would replace the door, hard to find specialty size, etc. And pay for the glass clean up. Said it would be around 700 dollars, acted like it would all be paid. This is when I learned without my knowledge my deductible had been increased without my knowledge to 1000.00. I trust the insurance to be honest, but mistake. I called the agent and was told it was increased several years earlier due to some tornadoes hitting somewhere in the area 6 or 7 years earlier. Said I should have been notified, of course should of been never happened, that I remember.

They took it on their own to up the deductible price stayed the same for the year. I usually just pay and go on, you know you cannot trust the insurance, you hear so many bad things. Yes they were always nice to me when I paid my yearly auto, life, homeowners, and membership. Just do not file a claim. If the take it on their loan to change their deductible, it seems they would do it on any of their products, medical insurance, Medicare supplement policies, auto, it has been an awakening. Read all the print, I want to go over my policies to see if I have any coverage that is worth what I pay. I put my trust in them, so they feel they can do what they want. Lesson learned! I don't see where they have the right to change my deductibles, and not lower my homeowners.

The adjustor was arrogant, and had me under the impression that things were covered, then got smarty, and told me they up you decide titles in that area, and nothing was paid, had me going for over a month acting as thought payment, clean up, and replacement was happening, knowing all along nothing was going to be paid. When I called the office they were quick to tell me as though they had had many calls over the last year's of people that were not aware of the deductible Farm Bureau took on their own to increase.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I have Farm Bureau and we had storms for 5 days where I live and it knocked my retaining wall out. They hired a engineer come out who was paid to help Farm Bureau come to conclusion that it was my fault. I've only been in my house 1 month and they won't fix my problem. Wonder how much they paid engineer to come up with for them. So if you read this people I say find another company that will actually be there when you need them. Instead Farm Bureau is just there to steal your money. Thank you Farm Bureau for not being there for me. What a wonderful company. You are a joke and scam artist.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

When I started with FB insurance they were very willing to write my policies and a great price that was in June 2018 and then in August 2018 I got a cancellation letter that they were cancelling my HO insurance, Due to "an existing hazard adjacent to the dwelling, outbuilding exposure on the premises, and physical condition that clearly present an extreme likelihood of significant loss." When I finally got an answer to why they told me I needed to paint my detached garage, they would only insure my house. Why it took them 2 1/2 months to decide this and had no problem taking my money.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I have had insurance with Farm Bureau over 30 years. Very very few claims. They are all Kissy lovey when they’re taking your money. I had wreck September 2017 and right away they were showing your true colors. Had shingles blew off my house June 2018. In all those years I only had two roof claim on my house. Years ago they paid in full for a new roof. Now they want to fix one little area of my roof. I’m going to be out the $2000 deductible I’m sure. Next time something happens to my roof they’re going to consider roof as being damaged. I should’ve gotten a new roof and I’m really mad. I’m going to blog all over the Internet about how sorry Farm Bureau is!!! Should never be a loyal customer! When they kick you down it hurts more because you’ve been loyal! Stay away from Farm Bureau!!!

Original review: July 3, 2018

I was a member of Farm Bureau for over 30 years. Moved to the woods and had 3 claims in 3 years, when it came time to renew my policy they kicked me to the curb. 2 of the claims were small ones and should never have been filed but the agent told me to file them. One was my freezer went out and I lost everything, the other one I can't remember. The last one was a biggie due to a ice storm we had. But how can you take a client that has been with you for over 30 years and kick them to the curb, as far as I can remember these were the only claims I had on my home.

Because of this I had to go to high risk insurance thru my Mortgage Company for about a year before I could get someone else to take me as a client. I have been so so upset about this ever since this has happened. You pay and pay for the insurance but when it comes time to use it they don't want you to. This is for the Farm Bureau Insurance Company in TN.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farm Bureau Homeowners?

Original review: June 30, 2018

I have been a faithful Farm Bureau member for over 14 years. I have only had two minor claims in all that time. This past spring, we had heavy snows followed by heavy winds - tornadoes touched ground less than 35 miles from me. I had wind damage to my garage top. The adjuster came out and said the roof was old, it didn't have a cap on it which allowed the wind to get under and rip it. In short, they denied my claim, and they have been super hard to catch up with since then. I made a counter offer that I'd pay for half the roof, and I still haven't heard from them. The counteroffer was made on June 8th, 2018, and it is now June 30th, 2018. They will not respond to my e-mails either. You can bet I will not purchase another policy from Farm Bureau. You think you have insurance coverage, and then when you need it, you don't have a dime's worth of coverage.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I never had a problem with a claim or anything with them. Great insurance reps and no hassles, they cover almost anything on and in your home. I will always use them.

Original review: June 5, 2018

In March of 2016, Direct line winds took the center of my flat roof off, it rained for the next 90 days causing my home to flood every single day. Everything I owned was soaked, dropped ceiling tiles soaked fell sending debris and belongings flying everywhere. April, a FB adjuster came out and spent 45 minutes on the roof and walking thru my home, then May 2016, I received his first estimate, WOW what a shock, his estimate including my $9,815.00 deductible came to 32,000 dollars, he left off 2 bedrooms, kitchen and a hallway. I complained of the facts and after awhile now June of 2016, I received his 2nd estimate, upped to 40,000 dollars, still left off the same 2 bedrooms, kitchen and hallway. He told me that 40,000 dollars was a lot of money for a 1200 square foot home. "Zack," I said, "I'm sure it is, but, I don't happen to have a 1200 square foot home, I have 3370 square feet."

The roofer and my adjuster got together, as he only had 10k in for the roof, the roofer gave him an invoice for 22,200 and agreed to do all the other repairs inside my home for the 6k on insurance estimate. WOW again! 3 Contractor's bids for $229K to $249K to make all the repairs, meanwhile, I am living in tubs, the brand new roof leaked and FB's adjuster refused to acknowledge the scope of damage and the quality of materials, my policy, replacement cost.

I wrote the VP in Waco a letter, the same day I received the 4th estimate, (the roofer brought me the 3rd), I sent all 4 to him along with my letter letting him know of the wide difference of damage, his adjuster's unwillingness to change his estimate and if this young man had done other folks like he had done me, then shame on them - adding this undue burden on top of living in total chaos for now going on 1 year, where was the good faith and willingness to make me whole again.

According to the VP it was not usual to change adjusters but they did not like hearing some of the reality of what was in my letter but they would assign a more qualified and experienced adjuster, he would be in touch. Oh he was, Guy made several trips to my house, he wanted to go over the estimate that was at 65k now. Trouble with the estimate, my 47 linear feet of kitchen cabinets only showed 12 and they were in the dining room, hall was included in the sitting room and still 2 bedrooms were missing along with my 5 inch stained baseboards, crown moldings and boxed beams, no ceiling tiles or insulation or paint for walls...hmmm.

I had given up trying to sort out my house line by line on this unreadable estimate. He never had the dimensions of a single room right. From looking at it, it wasn't my house they were estimating and combining rooms didn't help either. With the help of a friend we measured and drew a diagram, which I sent to the new adjuster. He NEVER made one change on the estimate, he would go back to his office and after couple of weeks call and come out again, replaced one bathroom, 6100, both bathrooms total 11,000. Here's the paid invoice, he left, still no change. 110 days before my time limit he came, sat down, "I've good news and bad news, we no longer want to go by the line items (they ruled everything). They are just too much, we want to negotiate." WOW. Well, I'm not in a negotiating mood, I want to be made whole, just like I was prior to the damage. Guess we will have to go to court.

He went back to his office going to see what could be done. A month passes, well we know where that's going, March case closed... So I sent a Demand for Settlement, damages 20% beyond insurance limit qualifies it, 4 weeks before his manager, Daniel invokes Appraisal, okay, I send him my adjuster's info, nothing, more nothing, I send email, haven't heard anything, him: he'll be in touch.

Day before deadline I have to file a lawsuit, 2 weeks later I hear from his adjuster, he will be out next week, WOW you should see his estimate, up 20K but still 120K apart. He didn't try to replace my damages with like products, Travertine countertops, nope, he said Formica. Don't know how he expects to pull cultured marble out of a bathroom and put it back, but I guess you can do anything on paper!

FB has been the worst experience ever. I wouldn't do business with them if they were the only game in town. They have not tried to make a decent estimate to repair my home. I paid them for 10 yrs. They have breached their duty and contract, adding unreasonable burden and expense. Their Appraisal adjuster's note sent with his estimate...ready to go to the umpire? Go figure, and he named the umpire! So we shall see, I have a lawsuit and all of this should have been taken care of within a timely manner, hmmm.

I only hope that they each and every one have something as devastating happen to them and walk in my footsteps for as long as they make me walk in theirs. Good faith, timely manner, they need to learn the definition. The public needs to know how these companies behave and cheat you. What a fraud the Tx Insurance Commission is, like the State Bar or Banking Commission. If you have a valid complaint of illegal performance from an entity, they write them a letter asking the culprit to make nice, waste your time another 30 to 45 days and send you a letter stating, There's nothing they can do, we ask them to make nice and they said no. False sense of security, so buyer beware, stand up for yourself, pray for honest help and not get raked over the coals in the meanwhile. Sad this country's sunk so low. How do people sleep at night or look themselves in the mirror, I don't know.

This is common practice I have found, Harvey swept thru and endless counties of people, thousands of people, 30 cents on the dollar, what can you do with that? Can't rebuild, struggle to pay the bills that keep coming, add expense to play the insurance companies game, add more to go to court, pay a lawyer and hope he's worth the money. Good luck with other companies but I say stay away from Farm Bureau, they don't care about anything but your money!

My reason for this review is to disclose Farm Bureau's full intent is to not fully pay their claims, to not communicate and drag out your claim, limiting your options; to sue if need be is over, they are experienced and count on your honesty, ignorance or goodwill, and know you are living in chaos while struggling to repair or rebuild without them dealing in a fair and prompt manner, deliberately letting weeks go by without contacting or following thru, making you the bad guy if you do. I would rate them a tip of a star if I could, they don't deserve a whole star.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I have been with this company since 1986 and all of my claims were handled promptly and fairly. The office staff makes me feel valued. I have a new agent, but so far I am pleased.

Original review: April 25, 2018

My mother-in-law had a catastrophic malfunction with her washing machine on April 5 that has required her to move out of her home, because her home has become a construction site. My husband and I have been living with her as we are in the middle of building a new home and moving across country. She has been a Missouri Farm Bureau customer for 30+ years without submitting a single claim. We have been told by contractors that they will not replace the tile floor without adding cement board. MFB has told us they will not pay for the cement board because it would be an upgrade. When the floor was installed, cement board was not used in this process and now no contractor will touch the job without it and MFB won't help us locate a contractor to follow their guidelines.

The kitchen is completely torn apart. MFB told us to eat out, then, after we turned in receipts, told us they would not pay for food in certain areas, at certain restaurants, and they don't pay for taxes. There is ONE restaurant in the small town near the home. It is not Burger King. We were also told that they may not pay for our hotel, have offered us minimal assistance in locating a home in our rural area, and refused certain housing accommodations. By contrast, we had a house fire last year in Minneapolis and State Farm is our insurance. They helped us every step of the way and they did not try to Nickel and dime us. When I spoke with Mike ** at the MFB home office he explained this by telling me how small MFB was compared to a nationwide company.

I have to say, my in-laws chose them because they were small and hoped for more personalized service. Once we get through this miserable experience, we will be changing companies. We will tell anyone who asks that we would never use Farm Bureau and cannot in good conscience recommend it to anyone. By the way, the coverage for the house, over $450,000!!! Why this company doesn't allow their clients to remain whole through a crisis is beyond our imagining. Overall it has been an incredibly frustrating experience and it isn't anywhere near over.

Farm Bureau Homeowners Company Information