Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.24/5

Compare insurance providers online

See if you can save today on Everquote

Compare quotes

Farm Bureau Homeowners Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farm Bureau Homeowners?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farm Bureau Homeowners?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I have had home insurance through GA Farm Bureau for over 30 yrs. My policy payment was due on a certain day. I asked if I could pay them 4 days later instead of that particular day. I had been sick but they would not take that into consideration. All they cared about was the money. What would have 4 days more mattered considering my situation.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Farm Bureau has good coverages and they have a best rating of A+ which is a top rated insurance company. It covers homes with wood stoves which is great. I just wish they have lower premiums carrying the same coverages, so that it does not cost me so much money. Since claim frequency is low, the premiums should be lower. Still, they have good customer service and quick claim service. They have the lowest price for home insurance in the area of my home, too.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I like Farm Bureau Insurance Company, we have used it and it has paid well. I chose this policy because it was a good value and a trusted company. Mom and dad had it so I got some for myself as well. We have been pleased with this company. However, if you do not live in a home they will not pay. This is not something you think would happen after paying them for so long. Please pay whether you are there living it all the time, we do pay our premiums. But other than that, Farm Bureau has been there when we needed it most. TRH insurance was very helpful when my mother was hurt and died because of it and had to be on a respirator for several days before she died.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

All in all I did have a good past with Farm Bureau Insurance. This was until I needed them. The adjustor came to look at the problem, glass broke on the storm door. Adjustor said he would replace the door, hard to find specialty size, etc. And pay for the glass clean up. Said it would be around 700 dollars, acted like it would all be paid. This is when I learned without my knowledge my deductible had been increased without my knowledge to 1000.00. I trust the insurance to be honest, but mistake. I called the agent and was told it was increased several years earlier due to some tornadoes hitting somewhere in the area 6 or 7 years earlier. Said I should have been notified, of course should of been never happened, that I remember.

They took it on their own to up the deductible price stayed the same for the year. I usually just pay and go on, you know you cannot trust the insurance, you hear so many bad things. Yes they were always nice to me when I paid my yearly auto, life, homeowners, and membership. Just do not file a claim. If the take it on their loan to change their deductible, it seems they would do it on any of their products, medical insurance, Medicare supplement policies, auto, it has been an awakening. Read all the print, I want to go over my policies to see if I have any coverage that is worth what I pay. I put my trust in them, so they feel they can do what they want. Lesson learned! I don't see where they have the right to change my deductibles, and not lower my homeowners.

The adjustor was arrogant, and had me under the impression that things were covered, then got smarty, and told me they up you decide titles in that area, and nothing was paid, had me going for over a month acting as thought payment, clean up, and replacement was happening, knowing all along nothing was going to be paid. When I called the office they were quick to tell me as though they had had many calls over the last year's of people that were not aware of the deductible Farm Bureau took on their own to increase.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I have Farm Bureau and we had storms for 5 days where I live and it knocked my retaining wall out. They hired a engineer come out who was paid to help Farm Bureau come to conclusion that it was my fault. I've only been in my house 1 month and they won't fix my problem. Wonder how much they paid engineer to come up with for them. So if you read this people I say find another company that will actually be there when you need them. Instead Farm Bureau is just there to steal your money. Thank you Farm Bureau for not being there for me. What a wonderful company. You are a joke and scam artist.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

When I started with FB insurance they were very willing to write my policies and a great price that was in June 2018 and then in August 2018 I got a cancellation letter that they were cancelling my HO insurance, Due to "an existing hazard adjacent to the dwelling, outbuilding exposure on the premises, and physical condition that clearly present an extreme likelihood of significant loss." When I finally got an answer to why they told me I needed to paint my detached garage, they would only insure my house. Why it took them 2 1/2 months to decide this and had no problem taking my money.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I have had insurance with Farm Bureau over 30 years. Very very few claims. They are all Kissy lovey when they’re taking your money. I had wreck September 2017 and right away they were showing your true colors. Had shingles blew off my house June 2018. In all those years I only had two roof claim on my house. Years ago they paid in full for a new roof. Now they want to fix one little area of my roof. I’m going to be out the $2000 deductible I’m sure. Next time something happens to my roof they’re going to consider roof as being damaged. I should’ve gotten a new roof and I’m really mad. I’m going to blog all over the Internet about how sorry Farm Bureau is!!! Should never be a loyal customer! When they kick you down it hurts more because you’ve been loyal! Stay away from Farm Bureau!!!

Original review: July 3, 2018

I was a member of Farm Bureau for over 30 years. Moved to the woods and had 3 claims in 3 years, when it came time to renew my policy they kicked me to the curb. 2 of the claims were small ones and should never have been filed but the agent told me to file them. One was my freezer went out and I lost everything, the other one I can't remember. The last one was a biggie due to a ice storm we had. But how can you take a client that has been with you for over 30 years and kick them to the curb, as far as I can remember these were the only claims I had on my home.

Because of this I had to go to high risk insurance thru my Mortgage Company for about a year before I could get someone else to take me as a client. I have been so so upset about this ever since this has happened. You pay and pay for the insurance but when it comes time to use it they don't want you to. This is for the Farm Bureau Insurance Company in TN.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I have been a faithful Farm Bureau member for over 14 years. I have only had two minor claims in all that time. This past spring, we had heavy snows followed by heavy winds - tornadoes touched ground less than 35 miles from me. I had wind damage to my garage top. The adjuster came out and said the roof was old, it didn't have a cap on it which allowed the wind to get under and rip it. In short, they denied my claim, and they have been super hard to catch up with since then. I made a counter offer that I'd pay for half the roof, and I still haven't heard from them. The counteroffer was made on June 8th, 2018, and it is now June 30th, 2018. They will not respond to my e-mails either. You can bet I will not purchase another policy from Farm Bureau. You think you have insurance coverage, and then when you need it, you don't have a dime's worth of coverage.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I never had a problem with a claim or anything with them. Great insurance reps and no hassles, they cover almost anything on and in your home. I will always use them.

Farm Bureau Homeowners Company Information