2.79/5
Based on 47 reviews that contain star ratings

47 Farm Bureau Homeowners Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 29, 2015

We gave combined Farm Bureau Homeowners insurance with car insurance to get the best price. We shopped around before choosing Farm Bureau but with their competing pricing and friend recommendations, we chose them. We also liked having a personal agent that we met in person and can call and/or email anytime we need!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2015

Our homeowners insurance company is Farm Bureau. Our agent is Brian **. He is great. He will even come to our house to cover policies with us. When you call his office, his associate, Nicole, is so sweet, intelligent and helpful. They work hard to get us the best rates. The only drawback to Farm Bureau insurance is that you have to pay an annual membership fee. This membership supposedly allows us to get discounts at certain places but we never shop at these places so the membership dues are a waste of money for us. Their 1-800 number service is great. You can actually get a real person who speaks English, knows what they are doing, and can help you right away. I would recommend Farm Bureau.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2015

Have a bundled policy on our home and auto insurance. Great coverage, they are always very quick to handle any and all problems or questions we may have. Handles everything for us there so we never have to go there. Everything can be done over the phone or email if need be. Our agent comes to our home if anything is ever needed.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2015

Farm Bureau has the cheapest premium around and believe me I did some shopping! I was unfortunate and had to make a claim, however they were quick to respond and were very helpful!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2015

I have had to use them twice. The first time was a small kitchen fire. I was only expecting the kitchen top cabinet door repaired and the kitchen repainted. They went beyond what I was expecting and cleaned and painted my entire house because of smoke webs. They sent in cleaners to clean the furniture and all utensils, appliances and carpet. They also dry cleaned all my curtains. The second time was hail damage to the roof of my brand new house. The shingles were immediately replaced. They also painted and repaired a wall that got damaged from leakage.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Farm Bureau Homeowners?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2015

Only have them a short time, but they seem ok. Haven't has a problem... so no claims filed and hope to never have to. Agent is educated in what we needed. Prices were competitive... options to pay, as well.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2015

I haven't had a problem for many years but when I did, it was handled quickly and efficiently. I am very satisfied with my insurance. I've had this insurance for 30 years with no problems. The people at my insurance company are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2015

No problems. Very fair premiums. Have not had to file any claims in the past twenty years but have met with agent and he was very helpful in keeping premiums low and competitive.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2015

Solid no frills company that I've been with for over 40 years. I've had three claims in all the years I've been with them and each was handled very well.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2015

I haven't really had an experience other than purchasing the policy. It is the same company who I have my auto insurance with and I have a great relationship with the agent and they provide me with a competitive cost.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2015

I have such a wonderful group people that work at my Farm Bureau office. They have always been helpful when I go to the office. They are able to give me the information that I need.

Resolution response: Jan. 4, 2017

We worked this out.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2015

When I got my Homeowner's Insurance (when we bought a new house in 2012) I asked for "the coverage that pays my mortgage if anything happens to my husband because I cannot afford to pay it myself." I was assured I had it. 6 months ago I was watching TV and found out it was called "mortgage protection" and I realized I did not have it when I read my policy again. Too bad for me my husband was diagnosed with cancer a year ago so now I am screwed. DO NOT TRUST THEM. I made that mistake and lived to regret it. I will now find another company to replace them but the damage is done.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2015

Price was 1/2 of what I was paying to my previous provider with the exact same coverage. Agent was thorough and helpful throughout the transition process. Bill payment set up exactly as it was with the previous provider.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2015

Great rates for the coverage amount that I need and great, clear, precise, accurate bill and customer service that makes you feel like part of the family.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2015

I also have my auto insurance with this company. I highly recommend them. They are always available to help answer my questions and problems that I may have. The staff is super friendly and helps anyway they can. I have had this insurance for years and also a lot of my family and friends have it. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2015

Good company with good reputation and good representatives. Easy to work with and easy to get in contact with for service. Highly recommend to others and will continue to work with for years to come.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2015

They are very reasonable, friendly and they work with you to get you the best policy. They also help offer other forms of insurance. They are also local. You can always find one close.

Farm Bureau Homeowners Company Information