2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Compare Quotes
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.92/5
Based on 1,192 ratings submitted in the last year

Esurance is an online insurance provider that’s part of the Allstate family. It offers auto, motorcycle, homeowners and renters insurance, and it was one of the first businesses to sell insurance online. Esurance gives free online quotes and has an easy-to-use mobile app, and its Coverage Counselor helps find the right coverage for your needs and budget. It also offers discounts for policy bundles.

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

See if you can lower your rate today!

Compare insurance providers on QuoteWizard

Get started

Esurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Esurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Esurance?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

This company took money from my account well after I was no longer a customer! 4 phone calls I made to the company, with no resolve! Only one person I spoke with actually had customer service skills! I did not authorize this debit on this date! Highly disappointed! The snowball effect this had on my account will hurt me for quite some time. Absolute blasphemy!!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

Been with Esurance for over eight years. Always been behind the technical side of business and lately their updates have created real problems. Cancellation notices twice after never having a missed payment date. They blamed their software. Happened three times with emails and a letter over a weekend. Now change your payment date a day due to Social Security payment date and they charge a late payment. After all the nonsense I will shop for new auto ins and leave this screwed up company. Their Renters insurance is overpriced and undervalued. Stay away from them just for good peace of mind. Too much trouble now doing business with them.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

By far the worst service from any insurance company I have ever had. Screwed me out of my car by totaling out my car which was still drivable after being in an accident and taking my $1,500 deductible that supposed to go towards damages and repairs subtracted from the total value of my car (almost 5,800) in order to not fix my car. The cost of damages was 4,500. Ended up being a difference of $200 all because they deducted $1,500 that supposed to go towards damages and repairs from the value of my car which after subtracting the 1500 is now 4300 value.. then they took forever to let me know how much it cost is going to be and then they tried to say I didn't return the rental car which is crazy because I ended up paying for my own rental after returning the rental car.

They even sent me the receipt confirming that they paid for the rental.. They left me in the hole with $7,500 still owed to my lienholder.. just got off the phone with one of the supervisors because they're trying to charge me for services that I don't even have with them anymore. I already paid them up in full and it happened at the end of my lease so I didn't have to renew my lease. They automatically renewed it for me and tried to charge me for it after they send me a cancellation notice to let me know that my policy was being canceled because I allowed it to end at the end of my policy terms and I didn't renew it... Don't trust Esurance... especially the claims department. They are nothing but Crooks but the regular employees they are nice. The claims department and the supervisors are all Crooks... Again I say stay away from Esurance.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

DO NOT USE!!! VERY BAD INSURANCE COMPANY!!! Multiple trees fell on my brand new house causing a lot of damage....Esurance offered me not even 5% of the damages....THE WORST!!!! DO NOT USE!!! They will send a company out to look at damages and write a report saying everything is normal wear and tear! HORRIBLE!!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

I thought like other insurance companies that Esurance actually cared about their customers. I received 10% back because of Covid like everyone else. My 6 month renewal just approached and was notified that my premium would increase over 10.00 a month. What could I do but shake my head. I felt that I should have known that they will get their money back and then some. They could care less about you.

I live less than a mile from work and walk most of the time. Esurance said that did not matter and no discount could be applied. I should probably add that I have never put in a claim with esurance. In fact the last claim I ever put in was 30 years ago with another company for a small fender bender. I should also add that I haven't even had esurance for a full year and they are already raising my rates during this time of crisis. Goodbye Esurance. I am in the process of switching over to Geico.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

Esurance is the most disgusting, unethical insurance company I’ve ever been with. Don’t trust their whole Drivesense thing because they’ll kick you off right before you’re supposed to get your discount. I’ve been driving carefully logging every trip for my entire term. I was due for a 15% discount next term and won’t get it now because they don’t want to have to dish it out. I’ve had no crashes, tickets, nothing at all the entire time. Now I have to pay extra to another company to start a term with them. It’s despicable. Esurance will screw you over in the middle of a global pandemic to save a little money. That’s the kind of company they are.

Original review: July 16, 2020

If you are looking for an insurance company that rolls over and accepts fault in a car accident you are not at fault for then Esurance is right for you. If you are looking for an insurance company to fight for you and not blindly accept fault and twist reality to accept fault then I would keep looking. This insurance company is an absolute disgrace. I do not know how operating in this manner makes financial sense for the company unless it is entirely based on the one time payment to raise someone's rates. As soon as I find a better insurance company I will be tossing this one away where it belongs.

Original review: July 15, 2020

I have been an Esurance auto insurance policy holder for 6 years. Now I need help to get my 2006 Honda Pilot repaired, and Esurance won't help me! I have made 7 phone calls in a row to Esurance tonight. NO HELP! I accidentally hit a parking lot pillar with my Honda Pilot. The driver's side front tire is flat and damaged, requiring replacement. Part of my left front bumper also needs to be repaired. One Esurance employee told me that the Esurance computer is declaring my vehicle a total loss. WHAT?! That's like saying a person with a sprained wrist has a fully broken body! I pay Esurance every month! I have full coverage including a rental car provision. If Esurance doesn't pay to repair my honda pilot, I will have to get an attorney for a lawsuit if Esurance won't help repair my vehicle!

I cannot reach roadside assistance by phone, and it is wrong for Esurance to force your customers to use a mobile app! You still have telephones! I want to speak with roadside assistance, and have my vehicle towed to replace the damaged tire and get body work! Again, I pay Esurance every month! I have full coverage including a rental car provision. If Esurance doesn't pay to repair my Honda Pilot, I will have to get an attorney for a lawsuit if Esurance won't help repair my vehicle!

Now Esurance customer service is closed. Terrible Esurance business practices! Just terrible. All you seem to care about is saving Esurance money instead of helping and honoring your customers!!! Shame on Esurance! ON GOOGLE: Esurance's CEO Jonathan Adkisson, has 21 employee ratings and a score of 60/100, placing them in the Bottom 15% of companies in the United States with 1,001-5,000 Employees and Bottom 10% of other companies.

Original review: July 6, 2020

I don't have insurance with this company. My car was hit by someone who is insured with this company and Rebbace ** is the agent that was working on my case. I went to Powell Paint and Body the same day I got my police report where Rebbace ** told me to report to get my Estimate. She was very rude telling me that they don't have the police report which I picked up my report the next business day. She also told me that I could go ahead and let my insurance company fix my car. I was not at fault in the accident and I don't feel as if my insurance company should pay for the repairs. I understand that covid-19 has put some business in a bad situation but the line of work I do I need my car to report to my job and travel to my client's home so look like I have to let the legal system handle this. God see all and he will work it all out.

Original review: July 1, 2020

They dropped me after I had coverage for only a month. Said I told them my son doesn’t live with me which he does. They must have misunderstood what I said. Won’t take me back. Crazy. My son is upset. I’m upset.

Esurance Company Information