4.3/5 (135 ratings)
Find a Renters Insurance partner

Looking for a renters insurance policy?

Get a quote with Lemonade in minutes

Get started

About Esurance Renters Insurance

Looking for a renters insurance policy?

Get a quote with Lemonade in minutes

Get started

Esurance Renters Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Esurance Renters Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Esurance Renters Insurance?

Original review: March 9, 2016

Satisfied and very good service. Can provide whatever the customer wants. The voice I hear is clear and loud. No statics on phone. Good personality and advisable. Good security. Be good sometimes. Don't be judgmental. Even they're customer service they need to respect them and give them a respect. We must know the quality before quantity of each other. Know how to recognize others. Can be not good sometimes but overall it's good and know how to communicate with others. Specifically in the one who needs. Coverage of all it's satisfied. Because you know they have good policy, a security, a good communicator and cashier. They are all pleasant and beautiful.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2015

Someone lived in my apartment previously and they need their information. How can I provide that info. They wanted to cancel my insurance policy if I cannot provide. It's funny. I switched to another insurance company. There are many insurance companies out.

Original review: May 12, 2015

Thanksgiving weekend 2014: I am from FL, I rented a car in NC. While merging onto the highway the man behind me sped up to block me from merging. The rental car I was driving had some very faint marks behind the rear tire. The man's headlight was broken. I report the claim to Esurance. I receive an email a couple of days later stating that my claim representative was **, and that if she hadn't reached out to me yet, I should call her. So I call her. That was a HUGE mistake. The woman so very rude, stating that it was a auto email, and that she was busy with a lot of other claims. She didn't have time to deal with my claim. After a few minutes of berating from ** I asked to speak with her supervisor. She said he wasn't available and hung up on me. I called back and she ignored my call. So I called the Atlanta claims dept where she works and asked for her supervisor. He was a very nice man who did her job for her.

May 2015: I get my renewal paperwork from Esurance. I haven't heard a single word about my claim since my phone call in November. My 6 month premium went from $560 up to $880. I couldn't believe it. For a fender bump that wasn't my fault? I reach out to my claim representative and ask what is going on, and that according to their website my claim was closed in Feb. Why wasn't I notified? She replies that they paid the other guy $900 for a broken headlight, and they closed the claim while they wait for a bill from Avis. Avis has already informed me they wouldn't be getting the car fixed, so why are we waiting for bill? Why would they close a claim if it isn't finished?

This makes no sense, so if you ever get into an accident you never know if they will reopen the claim. This accident was so small with very little damage is apparently going on 6 months to resolve. I'd be scared to know how long it takes to resolve a real accident. I'm extremely disappointed that my claims rep, **, couldn't be bothered to actually do her job and fight for me, they paid the guy at fault $900 for a broken headlight that he probably won't get fixed. His car was covered in damage all the way around. I'll be switching to Progressive.

Original review: March 20, 2014

Called Esurance to get a renter's quote for my 80yr old mother. Rep transferred me to "agent" who then started asking me questions until I figured out - no warm-transfer, so no-clue why I was calling. Started over saying, just want a quote for my mom's apartment. He said, "Esurance does not have renters. We are their sister agency." Then as we got closer to quote, I hear him filling out form of yet another 3rd party. I stopped and said this is fraud/not trust worthy and I was transferred from 1 company to another without my knowledge. My State Farm agent provided me a basic quote in 3mins... I said mom's new apt address is xyz and presto. Where is our Government to limit the "trickery"?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2013

After seeing the commercials for Esurance, I decided to get a quote when my Allstate (yes, their parent company) was up. The quote online was significantly less that what I am currently paying. I thought this was odd so I contacted customer service via phone. After taking all of my information, setting up the policy & payment schedule, I checked my email to print out our new insurance cards. To my surprise, the rate on the email was over $250 more than the agreed to rate with the agent. I contacted Customer Service immediately to find out where the discrepancy was.

I was told that since I wanted to pay monthly rather than all at once, I was being charged a "fee" for this service though the agent stated that the "fee" would be $5 per month. How $5 per month equates to more that $250 is beyond me & clearly beyond customer service as well because they could not explain it. Thank goodness the policy was not set to start for another couple of days because to cancel would cost 10% of the policy premium. The customer service rep attempted to transfer me to the "Cancellation dept." to see if they could do anything about the premium. But because I technically didn't have a policy (remember it doesn't start for 4 days), they wouldn't even speak with me. I have been assured that I have denied the quote/policy & that it will cancel at 12:01 on the policy beginning date but after that bait & switch fiasco, I really don't see that happening.

Did I mention I was crazy enough to set up a renter's policy with them as well? That premium has already been deducted from my checking account. I was told by Esurance that there is no cancellation fee on that one but they cannot cancel it. I have to call Assurance to cancel. They are closed for the evening. We'll see how that goes in the morning.

Do not do business with Esurance. If you cannot trust them to give you an accurate quote, are you going to trust them to insure your belongings? If you do, make sure the quote they give you is the amount you agree to pay per month and not a one time payment, because they will not tell you till it's too late.

Esurance Renters Insurance Company Information