3.71/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: Jan. 12, 2016

14 Erie Life Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 12, 2016

I have had no real experience yet with company. I pay yearly and invoices have been timely so far. They were helpful when I changed policy after retiring.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2016

I have not had to use them; however, my premiums are great and if I ever have a question all I have to do is pick up the phone. I have all my vehicles and homeowners insurance through Erie.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 8, 2016

When I call them with questions they always respond within 24 hours. I recently inquired for quotes just to be sure I was getting a good rate with excellent coverage and they still came in at the most affordable.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2016

Prudential is a good reliable strong insurance company. I have been insured with Prudential since 1980. Prudential insurance is a good investment. Prudential is very good.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2015

I have not had much time to interact with the life insurance company, as I had just started a new job. It is thru my employer. I had never heard of the insurance company I have thru my employer, but given the good benefits and coverage, I have no doubt it is very adequate.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Erie Life Insurance?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2015

I changed several years ago and the cash value I had was put into the new policy. Therefore my premiums were much lower. Now I find myself in the position that next year my cash value will start to diminish. In that case I will cash out and invest in something that can be easily accessed to my beneficiary upon my death. Was this a good thing to do? I don't know. However there will be enough to pay my final expenses.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2015

I haven't had any real experience with the company other than purchasing the insurance although my cousins husband passed away and she had same insurance. She had no problems and they paid quickly.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2015

I pay my monthly premium. Haven't used it. Seems to be pretty straightforward. Hopefully won't have to tap this resource for a long time. I'm really not sure I understand the question on my experience with my life insurance company.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2015

This is a dependable company with a longstanding reputation and longevity in the business. Their rates are low and affordable. The customer service is fast and accurate. Easy online site.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2015

My life insurance company cares only about their profit and nothing else. Account manager doesn't provide any guidance or explanations, no contact what-so-ever, unless trying to sell more insurance products. I do not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2015

They dropped one of our policies after we filed a claim. Isn't that the point of having insurance? We've been customers for decades and they drop us.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2015

Anytime I have a question my agent gets back to me usually the same business day. If the question requires research that's not a problem. When I needed to lower my premiums my agent shopped around to find a similar policy for less money.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2015

Bill is always received with ample time to look it over, ask questions, if necessary, and pay it before the due date. Claims, if needed, are handle in a timely manner with polite, helpful agents.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2015

I was able to get through the process easily and the local agent was very helpful. He showed me the information pertaining to how much insurance and how much the premium would be according to my budget. Although there were a lot of different questions I needed to answer to qualify, it was fast and easy to get through the process. My agent answered all of my questions and double checked on several concerns I had. When my husband purchased his insurance with the same agent, a lot of the information was already in my agent's computer and it was simple to get through this process as well.

Erie Life Insurance expert review by Neal Frankle

Erie Life Insurance company is a Fortune 500 company that offers a variety of term, whole and universal life insurance solutions. It currently serves residents living in 12 surrounding states, along with those living in the Washington, DC, area.

• Guaranteed protection plan: The protection plan guarantees customers that their whole life insurance plan will not decrease in value or increase in cost if the policyholder becomes ill.

• Flexible universal levels: Customers can increase their level of protection with the universal Flex 3 plans that accumulate a cash value over time, or the universal Flex 4 plans that provide guaranteed lifelong protection.

• Exceptional customer service: Erie Life Insurance's motto is "Above All in Service," and they are committed to providing exploratory customer service 24/7.

• Various term options: Policyholders can choose from life insurance options with 5, 10, 15, 20 and 30 year terms, including some options that do not require a medical examination.

• Local independent agents: Erie Life Insurance has more than 9,000 independent agents throughout its service area that are available to provide customers with fact-to-face services.

Profile picture of Neal Frankle
Neal Frankle

Life Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.

Erie Life Insurance Company Information