2. Automotive
  3. Car Insurance

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.15/5

Chubb sells many types of insurance policies, including auto insurance. The company is an InsuraMatch partner. You can get a quote for Chubb auto insurance and compare it to other prices by calling InsuraMatch today. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

Chubb Auto Insurance Gallery (3)

BOTTOM LINE

Chubb offers car insurance for all cars, including specialty and collectors cars. Reviewers like the promptness of agents and the willingness of agents to answer questions.

PROS

• You choose your repair shop
  • Chubb will reimburse you for your rental car
  • Specializes in collectors cars
  • Comprehensive coverage available, no matter what kind of car you have
  • Coverage for rental cars when traveling abroad

CONS

• Customer service wait times can vary
  • Premium service means higher prices than other providers

Compare insurance providers online

See if you can save today on Everquote

Get a quote

Compare insurance providers online

See if you can save today on Everquote

Get a quote

Chubb Auto Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chubb Auto Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chubb Auto Insurance?

Original review: July 9, 2020

My husband was hit by one of their clients in a parking lot. We had a police report and insurance information. Submitted the claim to Chubb and they denied it saying their client denies being there. Awful company. We noted we had the police report and estimate and were still told they have to believe their client and they refuse to pay. Needless to say we will be speaking to a lawyer.

Original review: May 11, 2020

On two separate occasions over the course of different years the claims department approved wellness claims but failed to print and mail check. Online I tried to do self service claim one year for my son thinking I could avoid issues all together, WRONG, only part of the claim was paid mistakenly and he had to wait to get the second portion of the check. Since Covid-19 things are much worse! It has been over a week and no supervisor has called me back to address why the claim was approved but no check ever ordered to be printed. I know the check will come eventually that is not the real issue. The issue is why the same mistake keeps reoccurring and why NOTHING is being done to correct it. Since mergers OF Ace/Chubb issues have emerged!!!! Time for mandatory training Chubb for your claims department line staff and upper management alike to hold someone accountable for the breakdown in the system!

Get buying tips about Car Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I am just beginning the wonderful experience of dealing with yet another irresponsible driver in the wonderful U.S. of A (shout out Aimee from Austin). The "team member" from Chubb Insurance already lying to me and then telling me to be quiet. Go ** yourself Eduardo or Carlos or whatever your name was. Peace and love, peace in love.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

They went from my favorite insurance company to worst ever. After a burst pipe and a hail claim all totaling under 75k, they declined to renew me with less than 30 days notice. I am a high net worth individual as well. Instead of continued recommendations to friends and associates, I will now be spreading the word to avoid them like the plague.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Chubb has been a terrible company to try and deal with. Their client hit me after she ran a red light on my dash cam. It is clear. I talked to 4 people before I could finally get someone on the phone who could help me. Then they wanted me to go to the lowest rated auto body shop near me to get the work done or they would have to send out an estimator. Oh no. You have to send someone out to do what your client pays you to do which is take care of ME. I’m so sorry. I care about ME right now. Me getting around. Me getting to work, my family getting fed, my family being safe. I spent two days calling numbers and talking to people before I could even get a rental car out of them. If you have Chubb insurance and hit me. From now on we are calling the cops right when I see it.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

So my wife was in an accident 3 weeks ago with a customer of theirs who caused the accident, keep getting the runaround about a rental car saying, "Call back at end of week!" My wife is driving mine which is bad on gas, she has to pick up 3 kids as well as our own. We are tired of the no answer phone calls and need a rental. They keep telling us they can’t do anything until their team reviews it, 3 weeks ago it happened, **! Sorry we don’t drive a Tesla like the woman who hit my wife and can’t just get into another car.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I have a claim after an accident in Mexico that was denied for a technicality reason. They are crooks. I fell into a huge hole in the street and damage the bike for a tune of $7K. Don’t buy from them anything.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Don't buy anything from these guys. I travelled to Mexico and had an accident on the way down. They offered me no help to get from the accident back to civilization. I ended up paying a private citizen to drive me and my belongings to my destination. I submitted a proper receipt and proof of payment. They sent me an email indicating that I was denied. They gave no coherent explanation as to why and they ignored all my questions. They are crooks in my opinion.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Chubb Auto Insurance are easy to get a hold of and always helpful. Make me feel that they always have my back. Talk with them from time to time about coverage; always pleased with results.

Original review: May 16, 2018

We get prompt service from the company they have always been available when we need answers. They are polite, courteous, and go out of their way to help.

Chubb Auto Insurance author review by Matthew Brodsky

Chubb has insurance options for regular vehicles, classic motorcycles, classic cars, vintage trucks, vintage military vehicles and antique tractors. The company also offers home insurance policies.

• Coverage and plans: Chubb offers basic coverage most drivers need, like liability insurance, comprehensive and collision coverage, personal liability protection and underinsured and uninsured motorist. Additional coverage includes rental car reimbursement, original equipment manufacturer parts coverage and worldwide rental car coverage. Drivers choose their repair shops.

• Cost: Chubb auto insurance for a 30-year-old female costs about $4,400 a year. This trends higher than most other auto insurance companies.

• Discounts: Chubb has discounts for bundling, good students, multivehicle policies, safety equipment and relevant driving courses.

• Standout features: Chubb has optional high insurance limits: $1 million for underinsured and uninsured motorist insurance and $10 million for liability insurance.

by Matthew Brodsky Insurance Contributing Editor