Find the Best Car Insurance in Kansas City, MO
Top 11 Kansas City Car Insurance Companies
|EverQuote Insurance Services|
Insurance marketplace with a free online comparison tool for auto, home, renters, life and health insurance quotes. Enter your parameters and get quotes from multiple providers in minutes.
|Allstate Auto Insurance|
Read 2,083 Reviews
AllState became a publicly held insurance company in 1993, though it's been around since the 1930s. It is dedicated to hiring women and minorities in addition to providing appropriate insurance for people from all walks of life.
|Get a Quote|
|State Farm Auto Insurance|
Read 3,705 Reviews
State Farm is the biggest auto insurer in the U.S. and is a top 50 Fortune 500 company. It was founded in 1922 by a farmer, and for nearly a century has tried to bring a sense of neighborliness into the insurance business.
|American Family Insurance - Auto|
Read 358 Reviews
American Family Insurance offers other types of insurance to cover people's needs in all areas of their lives. It has been offering auto insurance protection for over 80 years and serves customers in all 50 states.
|Freeway Auto Insurance|
Read 154 Reviews
Freeway Insurance belongs to Confie Seguros, the largest private insurance company in the U.S. It offers affordable auto insurance plans, including high-risk insurance, to help every consumer be able to afford auto insurance.
|A1 Insurance||Read Author Review|
Sells auto and motorcycle insurance policies. Handles same-day SR-22 filings. Provides real-time, no-obligation car insurance quotes. More than 30 years of experience serving Kansas City.
|Auto Insurance Discounters Car Insurance||Read Author Review|
Offers insurance coverage for cars and motorcycles in Missouri and Kansas. Helps drivers of all ages, credit histories and driving records. Handles SR-22 filings. Spanish-speaking services available.
|Bargain Insurance Connection||Read Author Review|
Independent insurance agency working with multiple national insurance carriers. Serves drivers in Missouri and Kansas. Sells auto and motorcycle policies and helps with SR-22 filings. Covers clients in just minutes.
|Missouri Farm Bureau Insurance||Read Author Review|
Sells auto insurance and motorcycle insurance. Designs a policy for your personal circumstances. Offers an assortment of discounts that save customers up to 20%. Multiple agents in Kansas City area.
|Neighbors Insurance Services||Read Author Review|
Independent agency selling auto and motorcycle policies from a variety of insurance companies. Offers direct payment links on its website. Services available in Spanish.
|Safeway Insurance Agency||Read Author Review|
Independent agency that assists with car and motorcycle insurance. Helps with SR-22 filings. Offers quotes over the phone, online or at offices in Kansas City and Grandview. More than 20 years of experience.
Driving in Kansas City
Car insurance is a legal requirement in Missouri and Kansas, but it’s also practical. Many factors lead drivers to use their auto insurance in Kansas City.
- Crashes in Kansas City: There were 23,718 crashes in Jackson County in 2017. Around 6,600 of these involved injuries, and more than 100 were fatal, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol. In Kansas City, Kansas, there were 1,143 crashes in 2017, 293 of which involved injuries and 25 of which were fatal. Minimum car insurance in Missouri and Kansas includes bodily injury and property damage liability in case you are at fault in an accident.
- Road conditions in Kansas City: Rain, snow, cold weather and traffic can cause problems for drivers in Kansas City. Drivers purchase nonrequired coverage, like collision and roadside assistance, to protect their vehicles.
- Vehicle theft in Kansas City: The Kansas City Missouri Police Department documented 4,214 motor vehicle thefts across the city in 2018. Optional comprehensive car insurance coverage protects you in the event of vehicle theft or vandalism.
What's the average car insurance price in Kansas City?
The average annual price of car insurance in Kansas City is $1,400 to $1,600, which is right around the national average. Your premium may vary slightly based on where in the KC area you live. The table below shows estimated premiums for a 30-year-old male with different levels of coverage.
|Full coverage||Liability||State minimum|
|Downtown - 64106||$1,450||$570||$510|
|River Market - 64105||$1,440||$570||$510|
|Country Club Plaza - 64112||$1,350||$530||$480|
|Westport - 64111||$1,400||$560||$500|
|Overland Park - 66212||$1,270||$520||$480|
|Lee’s Summit - 64063||$1,080||$460||$420|
|Blue Springs - 64015||$1,180||$500||$450|
|Lenexa - 66219||$1,270||$510||$470|
Various other factors affect the cost of car insurance in Kansas City. According to insurance regulators in Missouri and Kansas, these include:
- The amount of coverage
- The deductible
- Your gender and age
- Make, model and year of vehicle
- Driving record
- Claims history
- How you use the vehicle
- Credit history
Insurance agencies and companies in Kansas City offer free auto insurance quotes. Don’t forget to ask about the many types of discounts that help save money on your premium. There’s a good chance you’ll save if you bundle auto insurance with homeowners or renters insurance, increase your deductible, have certain vehicle safety features, insure multiple vehicles, pay your premium in full or are a student earning good grades.
Minimum auto insurance coverage in Missouri & Kansas
Missouri requires vehicle owners and drivers to have two types of coverage:
- Liability coverage in the amount of $25,000 for bodily injury per person, $50,000 for bodily injury per accident and $25,000 for property damage per accident
- Uninsured motorist coverage in the amount of $25,000 for bodily injury per person and $50,0000 for bodily injury per accident
Kansas requires liability and uninsured motorist coverage in the same amounts, plus personal injury protection coverage (also called no-fault coverage), which pays for medical expenses, rehabilitation, loss of income and other costs for you and passengers injured in an accident, no matter who’s at fault.
Kansas City car insurance alternatives
If you live in Missouri and can’t find coverage, you can obtain a policy from the Missouri Automobile Insurance Plan.
In Kansas, if you’ve been rejected by at least three companies for car insurance, you can buy a plan through the Kansas Automobile Insurance Plan.
Auto insurance FAQ
- Is Missouri a no-fault state for accidents?
- No, Missouri isn’t a no-fault state for accidents. Drivers can file a claim with their own insurance company or another driver’s insurer.
- How do I find cheap SR-22 insurance in Kansas City?
- Many of the car insurance companies on our list assist with SR-22 filings. When contacting an agency or insurer, ask about the process of obtaining an SR-22 form and filing with the state.
- Is Missouri a PIP state?
- No, Missouri doesn’t require personal injury protection coverage. Kansas, however, does require personal injury protection coverage.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Kansas City car insurance company information
Bargain Insurance Connection, an independent agency, works with multiple national insurers to help clients with auto insurance, motorcycle insurance and SR-22 insurance. Prior insurance history isn’t required, and you can get covered in just minutes in Kansas or Missouri. Call for a quick quote or use Bargain Insurance Connection’s online quote form.
- Address: 2635 NE Vivion Road, Kansas City, MO 64119
- Phone: (816) 453-7722
- Hours: Call for hours
- Website: bic-agent.com
Auto Insurance Discounters has been providing affordable car and motorcycle insurance to drivers in Missouri and Kansas for almost 20 years. Agents compare policies from multiple trusted insurers to find clients the right coverage at the right price. Drivers of all records are welcome to reach out online or over the phone.
- Address: 1151 Cleaver II Blvd., Kansas City, MO 64110; Multiple locations
- Phone: (866) 288-6545
- Hours: M - F; 9am - 5pm; Sat: 9am - 1pm
- Website: autoinsdiscounters.com
Neighbors Insurance Services is an independent insurance agency that has relationships with dozens of insurance companies. Customers can make policy payments directly from Neighbors Insurance Services’ website. The company offers auto and motorcycle insurance coverage.
- Address: 4135 E. Truman Road, Kansas City, MO 64127
- Phone: (816) 483-7722
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 6pm; Sat: 9am - 1pm
- Website: neighborskc.com
A1 Insurance is a local, independent insurance firm with a 30-year track record in Kansas City. The agency has access to more than 25 different insurance companies and provides free quotes for cars and motorcycles. A1 Insurance also assists with same-day SR-22 filings.
- Address: 7823 Wornall Road, Kansas City, MO 64114
- Phone: (816) 363-2265
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 6pm; Sat: 9am - 12pm
- Website: a1insurancekc.com
Safeway Insurance Agency’s independent agents help customers in Kansas City find car insurance that meets their needs, including SR-22 insurance. Visit its website, call or stop by the agency’s locations in Kansas City or Grandview for a quote.
- Address: 3406 Broadway Blvd., Ste. A, Kansas City, MO 64111; Multiple locations
- Phone: (816) 931-1222
- Hours: M - F: 8:30am - 5pm; Sat: 8:30am - 12pm
- Website: safewayagency.com
Missouri Farm Bureau Insurance, owned by the largest general farm organization in Missouri, designs car insurance policies and offers sales and service at more than 140 locations across Missouri, including in Kansas City. Policyholders can save up to 20% on various discounts and make payments and file claims online.
- Address: 7000 NW Prairie View Road, Kansas City, MO 64151; Multiple locations
- Phone: (816) 584-2800
- Hours: M - Th: 8:30am - 5pm; F: 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Website: mofbinsurance.com
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.