This company is not yet accredited. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Brighthouse Financial is one of the largest life insurance companies in the United States. The company states its mission is to help clients achieve financial security, and it offers two core products: annuities and life insurance. The company is listed on the Nasdaq stock index under the symbol BHF.
Overall, Brighthouse Financial is a good choice for annuities or life insurance coverage. Consider the Brighthouse SmartCare product if you’re planning your financial future.
- Competitive rates
- Minimal fees
- Extensive coverage
- Cash value buildup
- Requires extra steps
- Limited offerings
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
Brighthouse life insurance
Life insurance gives your beneficiaries a payment when you die that helps offset the economic cost of losing a loved one. Brighthouse offers three life insurance products:
- Term life insurance: This product provides coverage for a set amount of years and pays a death benefit if you pass away during the covered term. Common terms for these plans include five, 10, 20 or 30 years. Term life insurance is ideal if you want to ensure you have coverage for a specific period of time or if you need a lower-cost financial protection solution.
- Permanent life insurance: Unlike term life insurance, permanent life insurance provides coverage for your entire life. Many permanent life insurance products accrue cash value that can be used to supplement retirement income or fund your child’s education. Permanent life insurance products include whole life, variable universal life, universal life and indexed universal life.
- SmartCare: Brighthouse Financial also offers a hybrid policy option called SmartCare, which combines a death benefit with long-term care funding. SmartCare features permanent life insurance (indexed universal care) that lets you choose between a fixed account or an equity index account to invest the cash value. This option gives you tax-deferred financial growth for retirement and provides a guaranteed death benefit as long as you maintain the premiums. You can choose to pay for a SmartCare policy in a lump sum or in installments across a determined payment schedule.
Brighthouse Financial annuities are designed to help you save for retirement and provide a steady stream of guaranteed income payments. Payments can be set up to start right away or at a future date, and they can last a specific number of years or for the rest of your life.
Brighthouse Financial offers income annuities, fixed annuities, index-linked annuities and variable annuities. You can only purchase Brighthouse Financial’s annuity products through a financial professional. Financial advisors can be found through your financial institution or through the FINRA BrokerCheck website.
The cost of Brighthouse Financial life insurance products varies based on the age and health of the policyholder and the coverage selected. Policies with longer terms cost more than those with shorter terms.
Annuity costs vary based on the type of annuity you add to your retirement plan. There are several fees associated with buying an annuity, including administrative, add-ons/riders and mortality and expense risks. These fees vary by company.
Brighthouse Financial FAQ
- Is Brighthouse part of MetLife?
- No, Brighthouse Financial is an independent company that is no longer part of MetLife. The two companies are not affiliated.
- When did Brighthouse Financial spin off from MetLife?
- Brighthouse Financial completed its separation from MetLife on August 4, 2017. A few days later, on August 7, 2017, Brighthouse Financial was listed on the Nasdaq stock index under the symbol BHF.
- Will Brighthouse Financial pay a dividend?
- Currently, the company does not pay dividends on its stock.
Is Brighthouse Financial a good company?
There are hundreds of life insurance and annuity offerings on the market, but Brighthouse Financial does a good job of combining both products. Though the company requires you to hire a financial advisor, its team is helpful and provides additional assistance. Because Brighthouse Financial has competitive rates, minimal surrender fees and strong financial ratings, we think its straightforward products could be a good fit for many people.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
Brighthouse Financial Company Information
- Company Name:
- Brighthouse Financial