4.7(992)

About Assurant Renters Insurance

Assurant offers comprehensive renters insurance that covers dry rot, fungi and mold, with specialized add-ons like pet and earthquake protection. The company lets you choose your policy deductible and supplemental coverage based on your specific insurance needs, and its coverage is available nationwide.

Stars Rating

• 85%
  • 8%
  • 1%
  • 0%
  • 5%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Assurant Renters Insurance?

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Assurant Renters Insurance?
    Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 5, 2024

Great response, processing and completion of my claim. Entire team was terrific and extremely knowledgeable and professional. Breanna was exceptional as was our adjuster. Calls were promptly returned and questions answered quickly. Scheduling was easy and all responses prompt. We heartily commend the whole team for their concern, work and follow up.

Pinned

We are happy we could provide an easy experience!

Reviewed June 3, 2024

We are pleased to be covered for so long. Great customer service and direct communication is really appreciated. Over and over again we have been provided with easy and quick solutions. Totally worth the investment to protect our personal belongings. Again it is a pleasure doing business with you folks and look forward to being a forever customer!

Pinned

We truly appreciate your kind words and are grateful for the opportunity to serve you. Please know that we are dedicated to continuously providing the best experience for all of our customers and we look forward to maintaining a long-lasting relationship with you. Thank you for choosing us!

Price

Reviewed June 3, 2024

Excellent customer with very affordable and good rental insurance. I would recommend this everyone seeking for rental insurance. For the first time, I was in doubt. After few days of reflection and comparison with other insurance companies, I decided to get this one. Being satisfied, I suggest everyone get it, won't regret it!

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are thrilled to hear that you found our services to be affordable and worth recommending. We understand that selecting the right coverage can be overwhelming, and we appreciate the time you took to carefully consider your options before choosing us.

Reviewed June 3, 2024

I had an over power a long time ago around 8 years ago, few electrical appliances got damaged. My problem was resolved really quick. I received a payment for the damages in less than 2 weeks. I really recommend Assurant due to the service they had provide, professionalism and the attention they had gave me any time I had to contact them.

Pinned

We are glad we could quickly resolve the issue for you. It's great to hear that you received the payment for the damages in less than 2 weeks and found our service to be recommendable. Your kind words about the level of attention and professionalism you received mean a lot to us, and we are grateful for the opportunity to assist you during what we understand must have been a stressful time.

Thank you for choosing Assurant. We appreciate your trust and look forward to serving you for many years.

Reviewed June 1, 2024

My bike was stolen. I started the form online then visited my local police department to request a police report. Once I had that and a copy of the sales receipt I uploaded them to the site. Last, I spoke with my adjuster, Mariela ** who was kind, knowledgeable and very helpful. My claim was paid in a matter of days.

Pinned

We are pleased that the issue was resolved promptly. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

PriceOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed May 30, 2024

The coverage provided was comprehensive, and the cost was better than the others I got quotes for. The representative/broker was easy to interact with, the turnaround time was quick, and I was given some time to consider. I love the service, and the app's mobile version is excellent. For me, the first year, the process was smooth and hassle-free, with clear communication throughout. The customer support team was available and helpful, providing timely updates and ensuring all my questions were answered. The app's user-friendly interface made managing my policy and tracking claims effortless. Overall, Assurant exceeded my expectations in every aspect.

Pinned

We are so happy to hear that you had an outstanding experience with our company and that we exceeded your expectations in every way possible. We greatly appreciate your decision to share your experience!

Reviewed May 29, 2024

Stacey was very helpful, communicated clearly and responded to my questions in a timely manner. She explained each step in detail and was very polite and professional. The return on the claim was quick and the paperwork was easy to complete. Would definitely recommend using their agency for insurance to anyone.

Pinned

We are thrilled to hear that Stacey was helpful and clear in her communication. Thank you for sharing this great feedback with us.

Reviewed May 27, 2024

The process to report my claim was smooth and easy. I was well taken care of and I didn’t have to wait long for my claim to be filed! Plus the decision was given quickly and I was paid out within 2 days. They made everything comfortable and easy when I needed it most! ❤️

Pinned

We're delighted to hear that the claims process was smooth and efficient for you. It's great to know that our team provided prompt service and that you received your payment within two days. We're committed to making the experience comfortable and stress-free, especially when you need it most.

Reviewed May 27, 2024

I had an exceptional experience with my Assurant agent. She processed my claim quickly and efficiently, exceeding my expectations. Thanks to her prompt assistance, my family and I were able to bounce back from the loss swiftly, with minimal disruption to our daily lives. I highly recommend Assurant as the top choice for renter's insurance.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your exceptional experience! We're thrilled to hear that the agent provided prompt and efficient service, helping your family recover quickly with minimal disruption. We appreciate your recommendation and are committed to maintaining this high standard of service.

Reviewed May 27, 2024

The experience was quick and easy and went by smoothly. The person handling my claim was very nice and respectful. He answered all of my questions and made sure to give me top level service. The payment process was easy! My claim was approved, and I received payment that very same day within a couple of hours. I was able to have my e-check deposited directly to my debit card.

Pinned

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad to hear that your claim process was smooth and efficient. It's great that our team provided excellent service, and the payment was processed quickly.

Customer ServiceStaffProcess

Reviewed May 27, 2024

I recently had to file a renters insurance claim and was thoroughly impressed with the process. The online interface was intuitive and user-friendly, walking me through each step with clear instructions. I appreciated the detailed guidance, which ensured I provided all necessary information. Submitting the claim was quick and painless, and I received a prompt and helpful response from the support team. This process made a potentially stressful situation incredibly easy to manage. Highly recommend!

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your positive experience! We're delighted to hear that our online interface and support team made the claims process smooth and stress-free for you. We sincerely appreciate your recommendation and we are grateful for your support.

Reviewed May 20, 2024

Have Assurant for many years. Had one claim during that time. High sheer wind stripped the shingles of our roof. We were quickly covered leaving us and the Contractor happy. I would certainly recommend Assurant/Geico insurance. They furnished insurance to us in very remote locations in Alaska and now in Southern Colorado at very fair prices.

Pinned

We are pleased that your claim was handled promptly and to your satisfaction, resulting in a positive experience for both you and the contractor. We value your recommendation and strive to offer competitive pricing. We truly appreciate this review and thank you for your continued loyalty as an Assurant customer over the years!

Reviewed May 18, 2024

Sarah ** was the claims examiner. She was polite, patient, and knowledgeable about the claims process. She was also quite attentive on advising me about the status of my claim. This was the first time that I had a claim on my renter's policy. So, I didn't know what to expect. I'm happy that I bought this coverage and that Ms. ** was my claims examiner.

Pinned

We are delighted to learn that the agent provided exceptional service by being polite and supportive throughout the process. We strive to offer this kind of experience to all our customers, and we truly appreciate you sharing your feedback with us.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed May 16, 2024

I have not had to make a claim at all. I do receive multiple informative emails periodically though. The emails outline steps to take in case I do need to made a claim. I’m confident that I am in good hands. Agents contact me directly to ensure satisfaction with my service.

Pinned

We are delighted to hear that you find our emails to be informative and that you feel confident being enrolled with us. Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we are committed to providing you with the best possible experience. Thank you for choosing us!

Price

Reviewed May 10, 2024

Thanks for providing great, affordable renter's insurance. It helps me remain confident knowing that if a crisis happens that is covered by my insurance, I can rely on GEICO and Assurant because they have my back. GEICO and Assurant requested I leave this review, so I'm handing it in to be published on Consumer Affairs's website.

Pinned

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We're glad to hear that you find the coverage affordable. Your feedback is valuable to us and we always strive to provide the best service possible.

Reviewed May 8, 2024

We are happy with the customer service we received and the coverage but we would like it better if we didn’t have to have an appraisal every year to qualify for higher coverage to keep up with inflation, that’s the only complaint I have. Other than that we are very happy with insurance company.

Pinned

We're delighted to hear that you're pleased with our customer service and coverage. Thank you for sharing your feedback about the appraisal process. We'll take this into consideration as we continually work to enhance our services. Your satisfaction is important to us, and we appreciate your valuable input.

Reviewed May 7, 2024

My adjuster did an excellent job. I’m grateful to have my insurance & she was very informative & guided me step by step & was patient & kind & even her manager helped me when I couldn’t reach her and it was in a timely manner. The service is great to have & I will continue to support & show my gratification.

Pinned

We greatly appreciate your support and are thrilled to hear that the adjuster provided you with exceptional guidance throughout the process. Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed May 5, 2024

Very easy to renew. No problem with communication. Been kept inform. Any questions there is a toll free number to call. The best in insurance for manufactured homes. Other insurance companies charge more with less to offer. Discount when added car and motorcycle also Identity Theft. You can't beat it.

Pinned

We are very happy to hear this! Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Reviewed May 3, 2024

My experience with Assurant Property Claims has been overwhelmingly positive. The support and service I received were exceptional, instilling in me a deep trust in their capabilities. Given this experience, I am confident in recommending their services to friends and colleagues, knowing they will receive the same level of support and professionalism.

Pinned

We're really glad to hear that you had a great experience with us and received exceptional service. Your recommendation means a lot to us, and we appreciate you taking the time to share your positive feedback with others. Thank you so much.

Reviewed May 2, 2024

We have never had to use our renters insurance. It’s just something that we are required to have a place that we rent and we have been using this company through Geico since I don’t know like 20 years and it is something that is just a benefit to have. The homeowners require it everywhere we go and we have always stayed with this company because I have been with Geico for 31 years.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We understand that renters insurance is often a requirement, and we're glad to have provided you with this benefit for over 20 years.

Reviewed May 2, 2024

My service of ordering the insurance was fine. The processor got my needs and recommended the insurance I needed. There was only a small delay in getting copy of the policy due to computer issues at the time. But I called back and they resent them right out with no problem.

Pinned

We're sorry to hear about the issue you had receiving a copy of the policy. However, we are glad to know that they were able to resend it to you. We understand how frustrating it can be to face such issues, and we will do our best to minimize such incidents in the future.

Reviewed May 1, 2024

Don't get rental insurance here. Beware. They don't want to pay, low ball you and you have to wait for months to get paid out. Customer service suck, not helpful at all. You provide receipts and still get messed over.

Pinned

We're sorry you had a negative experience. Please check your private messages, as we'd like to acquire further details.

Reviewed April 30, 2024

Fast, effective and clear policies. No Hidden fees or surprise payments. You also get to set your payment date. I'm Military, our pay dates change base on month and that can be a problem with on time payments. I'm glad I have that ability to set my dates each month.

Pinned

We appreciate your dedication and sacrifice in serving our country. We are glad you had a smooth and clear experience with our service.

Reviewed April 30, 2024

Great customer support from the team, it's not hard to perform the duties needed. The syncretized approach is best to keep confusion down. The Company stood up to what they advertise and sell. I'm pretty sure that any customer that has to submit a claim would be satisfied with the way it's handled

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us. It brings us joy to hear that the team was able to assist you with minimal confusion. We appreciate your feedback and hope to continue providing you with excellent service in the future.

Reviewed April 26, 2024

I have been calling this company for 2 days even the supervisor! Do not go with this rental insurance. They do not respond to calls and are no help because it is not their stuff so they do not care nor return calls. They send emails back with the same repetitive answers.

Pinned

We are very sorry to hear about this experience. Please see the private message that we have sent requesting additional information.

Reviewed April 25, 2024

Easy and interactive User Interface helped a lot while registering for the policy. If your property is already connected in their network they will directly pull in minimum required coverage information of the property so you don't have to worry about setting up limits or anything. Happy and Satisfied with the rates too.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Glad it was a good experience!

Reviewed April 24, 2024

I have had Assurant Insurance for six years now and have not had any issues with them. I found them easy to work with when I had an issue when my mortgage company didn't pay on time. They fixed it immediately with no questions asked. I would highly recommend this company if you are purchasing or living in a manufactured home.

Pinned

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Reviewed April 23, 2024

So far Assurant has treated me with kindness and respect after the horrific experience of being robbed of a significant amount of valuables overnight by a bunch of hooligans of a past known associate. This was a targeted organized attack on me and my home. I sincerely hope they work with local law enforcement to prosecute these individuals to the full extent of the law for reimbursement of the claim. Looking forward to a positive resolve with Assurant to make me whole again.

Pinned

We're deeply sorry for what you've been through. We aim to support you and help you achieve a positive claim experience. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Reviewed April 19, 2024

They take care of needs and listened to Me and advice Me. I’ve owned my home for years and now in this stage of my life I’m renting. Some people say you rent like you're an outcast. I wasn’t treated like that with Assurant. Nothing more to say. Sorry, I’m a happy client of Assurant.

Pinned

Thank you for the kind words and for sharing your experience.

Process

Reviewed April 18, 2024

This process has been really simply and expedient and I truly appreciate Assurant for that! My loss occurred on the 17th of the month and I filed a what seemed to be a seemingly claim online. I have not spoke with an adjustor but the process as to date has been simple as 1 2 3! That's works for me. And based on that, I assume the rest of the process will work in my favor too.

Pinned

Glad to hear you enjoyed your experience so far!

Assurant Renters Insurance Company Information