2. Moving
  3. Renters Insurance

4.2/5 (117 ratings)

About Assurant Renters Insurance

Assurant offers comprehensive renters insurance that covers dry rot, fungi and mold, with specialized add-ons like pet and earthquake protection. The company lets you choose your policy deductible and supplemental coverage based on your specific insurance needs, and its coverage is available nationwide.

Assurant Renters Insurance Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Assurant Renters Insurance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Assurant Renters Insurance?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

I've never had to claim anything on insurance. With this being my first time I would like to say it was easy, stress-free and thank goodness quick. Living on the Gulf of Mexico is difficult with all the hurricanes we have, filing insurance shouldn't be. With Assurant it most definitely is.

Assurant Renters Insurance response

John - We are happy you are pleased with the results!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

Fortunately, I've not had to file any claims with Assurant. But their Customer Service is always stellar. And I feel their rates are extremely reasonable. When I needed to add 2 people to my policy for a new apartment, the representative made the modifications easy and almost effortless. I really appreciated that. I will continue using Assurant for my renter's insurance for years to come, I'm sure. :)

Assurant Renters Insurance response

Glad to hear you had a great experience! Thank you for the review.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

I really liked the prices for what I got. The one thing I did not like was trying to get my address put in correctly. I realized I put the wrong number for my apartment first. Went to correct it and it was so difficult. Then had to call to get it fixed.

Assurant Renters Insurance response

Sorry to hear you had an issue with the address. Glad it was corrected, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

Hi, I submitted a claim with Assurant Renters almost a year ago and still have not received payment in full/Recoverable Depreciation. They don’t return calls and the adjuster has been rude for no reason other than having a heavy work load.

Assurant Renters Insurance response

Jared- We’re sorry to hear about your experience and would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. A private message was sent to you asking for further details.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

It was very easy as after you have them for a year the renewal is automatically done unless you notify them differently and the insurance is very affordable even for fixed income people…. I am on my third year with them and highly recommend them.

Assurant Renters Insurance response

Thank you for recommending us! Happy to hear we were able to assist you!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

The transaction of purchasing condo insurance was smooth and fast. The agent reviewed all options with me and answered all my questions. After shopping around this was the best price I found for condo insurance.

Assurant Renters Insurance response

The pleasure was all ours! Thank you for the 5-star review, Maricela.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Definitely the best service, will recommend to all my friends and relatives, making my life better, headache free, hassle free the best rate and affordable, surely the best, one of the best experience in my life.

Assurant Renters Insurance response

Thank you for recommending us to your friends and family! We're happy to know you had a positive experience with us.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

My agent was patient and explained everything to me. He was extremely helpful. He gave me exactly what I needed. He also called me back in a timely manner. Took time also with my son who is also in the policy and explained it to him.

Assurant Renters Insurance response

Thank you for sharing your great experience with us! Glad to hear the agent was able to assist you.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

I have no complaints at this time. So far I haven't had to use my policy. I been with this company for at least 2 years. They keeps me informed on specials and current information that's beneficial to me.

Assurant Renters Insurance response

Shirley - Happy to hear you had a good experience!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

The ease and flexibility of the agent Shamir was wonderful. Everything this agent has offered me has come to pass truthfully. The combination of the two types of insurance gives me peace of mind, in a world of uncertainty.

Assurant Renters Insurance response

Cornel - We are pleased to hear you had a great customer service experience! Thank you for the review.

Assurant Renters Insurance Company Information