American Freedom Insurance

Compare Auto Insurance Companies

Research top Auto Insurance Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My car was vandalized on May 21 2016. I made Police report - everything I'm supposed to do I did. They picked up the car took it to some chop shop in Lockport IL where the owner of that place must be American Freedoms paid thief and his chop shop. They kept it there for 1 month and finally they Denied my claim. I a car which I tried to start it afterwards the whole dash caught on fire so Now I'm left with a Car with Payments and damaged. Where is the Law on them. If you want your Credit and life destroyed Please take American Fraud Insurance Company. They suck garbage company.

I purchased a policy just from producer, Brya Insurance, and was insured by American Freedom for full coverage on my 2015 Dodge Avenger. Unfortunately, I was in an accident on I-57 S highway when a man chose to text and drive, lost control of his car and I t-boned his car that was sitting in the middle of the highway at 70 MPH.

I reported the accident two days later to AM FAM, paperwork was mailed out/returned and the wait began, this was January 4, 2016. AM FAM denied my claim with reason being I failed to initially disclose self-employment as a home care provider thinking that I used my car for the course of business. At that time, AM FAM mailed my payment back to me and applied remaining monies to the month after my accident!

I never used my car for business, my lawyer advised me to file complaint with an Insurance Regulatory Commission (Illinois) and I did in 02/2016. I provided the Insurance Regulatory with proof that I used my car to drive to my place of business and home daily and reconfirmed the policy with the original producer to ensure accuracy.

After waiting, and continuing to make my monthly car payments of 480.00 while injured and out of work, 07/06/16, GM financial, my car insurance company received 10,423.00 dollars towards the cost of my car. AM Fam initially only agreed to replace my car up to 12,800.00, at this time they reduced it by storage fees of my totaled car, deductible and other miscellaneous fees. I still owe 3500.00 on a totaled car and walking.

AM FAM is difficult to reach by phone, it's a phone maze to get through just to speak to a live person, the hours are inconvenient, no employee is accountable to you and most of the customer service rep seem to speak English as a second language which I believe contributed to the initial lack of understanding when I made the claim in the first place in which I was denied. I will NEVER recommend anyone to use this company for ANY reason!

My son was driving my car when a American Freedom Insurance client pulled out of a parking lots without stopping and my son try to avoid him but he stopped and blocked both lanes. He got a ticket. Well I filed a claim and they denied me for my car plus my son's medical bills. So I called the Department of Insurance Consumer Complaint. I am filing a complaint about this insurance company and how they did me wrong. Maybe if more people would file complaints -- whatever state you live in, there is a Department of Insurance file -- it might get people like us justice.

I was in an accident on June 10th 2015. I was rear ended so not my fault. The police was called and a report was taken. Months later I get a letter from the BMV stating my license was suspended for not having insurance at time of accident in which I did. I had American Freedom Insurance. I then contacted them to have a Certificate of Compliance sent to the BMV electronically as that's the only way you can send it. I contacted them on October 6th 2015 to have this done as there was a deadline for October 24th 2015. Here is it October 23rd 2015 and still nothing has been sent to BMV. After several calls and attempts they have done nothing and they are very rude. I will be searching for a new insurance company TODAY! If you're thinking about getting American Freedom Insurance, DON'T!!!

No one should get this insurance. They will not help you or pay for anything. My car was flooded out. I had full coverage. After totaling my car out they denied my claim. Their reason was because I did it on purpose. After weeks of arguing with them all they did was hang up on me. Good thing I have an amazing lawyer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about American Freedom Insurance?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I got insurance through an agent insure on the spot which sold me the insurance and told me everything that was covered under full coverage bodily uninsured motorist etc, rental reimbursement. I was in a car accident and found out differently. My bodily only covers the other person not my injuries. My rental is only covered for 3 days because my car is totaled which is not on the policy I have. And also a tree stalk fell on my car back in April and put a small dent in my car and I contacted them but the claim was never open and they closed but now telling me I have to pay 2 500 deductible. It's just a lot and this has been the worse 7 days of my life with a insurance company that don't want to pay for anything.

I was hit by a policy holder who decided to reverse without looking first into his rear-view mirror. I faxed all paperwork including police report and statement to Freedom Insurance in order for them to find me not at fault. The police report clearly states that other driver/policy holder was at fault. But yet Freedom Insurance, after a month of waiting, still only wants to cover me 70% of the damages. I decided to use my insurance/all state and pay my $600 deductible in order to get my car fix and to get my deductible back. I feel the reason why, after a month of waiting, they wanna cover 70% liability is cause they can't contact the other driver. Shame on this insurance. Worst insurance ever.

We have a 98 Oldsmobile and we were hit on the rear passenger side. Not sure how it happen because we came out of a store and there it was. American freedom has been giving us the run around and calling us right when they are about to close. I see these reviews and I agree 100% these people are clearly not worth dealing with and need to be shut down.

My truck was rear ended by their policy holder. They sent me to an auto place to have it appraised and photos sent to them. I was told I didn't have to go with the body shop but when I went to a Chevy dealership to make sure I had Chevy parts put on my car and the correct color paint put on my truck. A month later my car is not fixed and the insurance company has argued with me as well as the Chevy dealership saying I have to pay whatever extra they charge when their policy holder was at fault. They even told me to go through my insurance company and have them fix it.

This company is horrible and need to be shut down because they are letting their policy holders drive around and when they hit people, the innocent party has to deal with the consequences while they don't pay out or pay as little as possible and try to have the innocent party use their own insurance.

American Freedom Insurance Claim not paid. I was rear ended by a young lady who has American Freedom Insurance. The accident occurred May 14, 2014. My Insurance company is working on litigation. I want what is due for expenses I incurred.

On June 30, 2014, I was involve in an automobile accident with an uninsured motorist. I did everything that is required of me to do under my policy. I reported the accident immediately to the police and Insurance company office. To make story short, AMERICAN FREEDOM INSURANCE to this date, my vehicle has not been repaired. I have called their office numerous time asking for a copy of the estimate and where to take my vehicle. When I call, I am given the runaround, put on long hold and at time, disconnected. THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED. Stay away. I'm in the process of hiring an attorney and I'm going to call the Better Business Bureau and the Illinois Dept. of Insurance.

Had an accident, with one of their clients, police report cited they're insured, they accepted responsibility. Its been 7 weeks, no settlement received on damages to vehicle. Dec. 10th was date of accident, smh.

Although my situation is not as excessive as some of yours, it can be slowly getting there. I totaled my car about 5 weeks ago, still have received my settlement check. Being they're my insurance provider and I pay $100/mo, didn't expect to be stalled on like this for that long. I've called them 4 times and they never have an answer on when I can expect to receive it. One of my calls required me to go through a recorded formal interview process to get my check that I wouldn't have even known about if I didn't call in.

The line of questioning was geared towards previous driving history, DUI's and speeding tickets as opposed to my settlement check being based on my car valuation at the time of my accident. They don't return voicemails. Needless to say, I'm expecting to get hosed after reading the horror stories on here plus my dealings with them, which of course I'll take up with the Illinois Dept of Revenue if driving history questions affects my check, because I don't believe that's even legal to assess the value, that's what high insurance premiums are for, to offset that risk.

I've had 2 car wrecks in 4 years. Insurance and reputable shops had different estimates. Insurance said the car may be fixed for $4,000, but may be totaled. Insurance would send the car far away, creating job loss for me and medical concerns monitored by MD due to no money left to pay for rental car/taxi. I emptied all of my IRA to buy a car and only asked the insurance company to pay the $4,000, and forgive the amount really owed. My 2nd accident wasn't my fault. I didn't receive ticket because I hit a patch of black ice. It was my only serious accident and everyone who saw the car was shocked that I lived. I lost consciousness, was in shock, chewed and swallowed glass. It was clear total loss. I wasn't given a ticket as weather and patches of ice were the cause.

The insurance company agreed it's a total loss, but had me repeat the story. After I said it, it caused anxiety and panic. I said my memory was poor from the loss of consciousness. I was crying as they forced me to relive it. When I called to verify they received records, I was told to stop calling and threatened to not pay my settlement if I called again. They've hung up on me 6 times, said they don't care if I'm injured or ill and personally insulted me. After going through the BBB, they agreed to pay both settlement amounts after I faxed the papers. Now they say they won't pay the 1st claim because it's beyond 90 days (in fine print, never told to me) and refuse to say if they'll pay the 2nd claim either, even though it's within 90 days (giving no reason). I asked them to speak respectfully to me and they refused to do so.

Without a car, I have no way to get to work or go to my regular MD appointments and get blood work done to remain medically stable. They said they didn't care and made a bizarre remark, saying I had terrible work skills. I have never in my life had a company talk and behave in such an inhumane and careless manner, with no ability of empathy or even a basic level of appropriate communication. They have also withdrawn their initial offers, as they threatened to do, if I called them again for status. One woman I spoke to last week was kind, understanding, helpful and agreed the claims would be processed and checks for both sent out after receipt of paperwork. Everyone else has said they will pay nothing for either claim, even though I've made payments to them for years.

The Better Business Bureau suggested I call the IL Dept of Insurance given the poor service that even the Better Business Bureau experienced during their interaction with American Freedom. None of them seem to understand how to do their job in an understanding, compassionate way which would make things easier for all of us. When I suggested this, they responded with more harmful personal remarks and hung up on me again. I don't have any experience dealing with people like this, except with some of my patients who are mentally ill. I'm only asking for the 2 amounts they originally agreed to pay me and I want it handled ASAP.

This is extremely stressful as it negatively affects my personal health, my ability to work, keep my home and support myself. I'm only asking for the amounts they offered to pay, which don't even include the car rental bills they are supposed to pay. I'm accepting what they offered last week, but there is only one person who converses politely and I'm a loss of what to do. As a therapist, I can see many ways I could improve their interpersonal skills and empathy, which makes their job more stressful and takes more time than being kind. I don't have photos, but they do.

Since they keep bringing up a 90-day time limit and won't tell me whether they will even pay for the 2nd accident, which falls within the 90 days, I fear they will sit on my file until 90 days have passed then refuse to pay it as they've done with the 1st claim. I'm shocked that a company would allow employees to act in harmful ways to people like me, who expects people to be helpful, understanding and kind. I see no benefit for them to be this way for them or the people they harm.

I had an accident with my 1997 Ford Explorer. I hit a tree after trying to avoid a deer. The insurance still hasn't even looked at the car that has been at the shop for almost one month. They also said they do not pay for storage. This is a bad insurance company. I would not recommend it to anyone.

American Freedom's insured rear-ended my car. Initially, the driver wanted to pay damages out of her pocket but after I got two estimates, she told me to go through her insurance co. (American Freedom). I mitigated my damages (did without a car while my car was being repaired), made a small claim for car damages (none for bodily injury) which was under $800.00, and took the car to their repair shop (which was over 45 minutes from my home and where the accident happened). They still would not give me an answer about payment after calling several times. When they did call, it was only after I contacted the Better Business Bureau. Then they offered only 75%.

This company is not fair and relies on people taking what they can get. Today, after reporting them to Illinois Department of Insurance (four months after the accident), I finally got a copy of the damages from their repair shop (mind you it was from the Illinois Department of Insurance, not American Freedom). Now I will be spending time and money to sue in small claims court. I hope more people do not let this company get away with such poor business conduct. In my opinion, American Freedom is an unfair company!

I was run into by someone insured by this sham of an insurance company. I followed protocol and sent them the police report that cited their driver to be at fault. They offered to pay for only 40% of the repairs because "their driver said it was your fault". Please note their driver was an illegal immigrant driving without a license and made this claim from a jail cell. I am now on the line for the rest of the repair. They won't take my calls or let me speak with a manager.

On October 5,2011 at about 12:25 p.m. Daniel ***. broadsided my 1997 ford Explorer and rolled me over. He admitted he was wrong. Police came took my truck to car pound with out my say so and me to hospital. I'm charged with hospital bill and storage of my truck which is totaled. Car he was driving was his sisters and she has American Freedom insurance.

American Freedom accepted my insurance policy and payments. When I filed a claim they dropped me, stating I misled them in previous driving history. Which is a bold face lie. I have witnesses and I intend to see the matter through in court. It is nice to know I am not alone. I only acquired their services through Insure on the Spot. I would never choose them directly and advise any new insurance seekers to avoid this company like the plaque.

I was in a car accident back in July, I purchased American Freedom insurance through Talro insurance agent. I was driving my car, it was storming and I could not see ahead of me for within 10 feet. I was going under a bridge and the water was too high so that my car was flooded. I filed a claim with American Freedom. A month later after calling over and over again, they finally told me that my car was a total loss.

After more investigation, they asked if I had any prior damages. I had a cracked bumper from before and the key entry is broken. I told them I did not need them to fix those items. They called me back and said my insurance with them has been terminated due to prior unreported damages and a ticket that I received back in '08 that was unreported as well, that I falsified my insurance when I first opened the policy. They said the insurance is voided and they are not paying for anything because it is as if I never opened insurance with them.

I opened the insurance policy with them back on March 16th of 2010; I have finished paying the insurance policy. They said all the insurance I paid to them will be refunded. My insurance is due up for renewal on Sept 16th 2010 but that now for the past 6 months it is as if I did not have insurance on my car. Then why was none of this a problem until I filed a claim with them? If I had never filed a claim or been in an accident,would they have just kept my money for the policy I "never had with them"?

Talro is trying to contact them now to try to resolve this matter but I believe I might have to take this into legal action. All I want is the money for my car because it is financed and I do not want to be paying for a car I am not driving, and for them to pay for any legal fees I might have to use in order to take them to court if it comes down to it. They are a joke. All of a sudden, they are not my insurance because I filed a claim. My car was financed, so therefore I had full coverage on it from what they told me. They visited the car once and didn't tell me all this until after a month of it being in the shop; it is still in the shop and I don't even know what I'm supposed to do with it if it's a total loss.

On 1/20/2010, the insured with American Freedom Insurance Company was witnesses striking my apartment building with her vehicle. The insured caused property damage totaling $4270.94 in property damage. I have submitted all required documentation including but not limited to police reports, repair bills, photos to which the insurance company refuses to accept liability for damages caused by their insured. I believe this substandard insurance company should not be allowed to be state licensed to take premiums when they do not return calls or refuse to accept liability for a clear cut case such as this. Please help me in any way you can. Thank you. Property damage resulting in my tile off work to repair and discover liable parties along with thousands of dollars ($4270.94) in damage.

american freedom insurance of 559 west golf road, arlington heights, illinois 60005 is charging two five hundred dollars deductibles for one accident. My car ran over a curb causing the break line to break, leaving me with no brakes. because the breaks were gone i ran into and damanged a fence. The insurance company tells me i have to pay my deductible of five hundred dollars for each occurance. once for hitting the curb and again for the damage to the fence. i don't think this is right. it was all one accident . Accident happen June 28, 2007.

American Freedom Insurance Company Profile