4.05/5

82 Allstate Motorcycle Insurance Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 25, 2018

My policy covered motorcycle & PD accordingly. My motorcycle wreck & I didn’t think I would be covered and I found I was and process was simple. Their people are great and I will say policies are expensive.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I got into a motorcycle accident on June 7 2017. Reported the incident immediately and Allstates initial response was swift. Appraisal rep came out the next day to assess the damage on my bike. Even attempted to write me a check that very day to get things rolling. I was suspicious of this. This was not normal given my experience with insurance. I opted to wait until the bike was repaired for payment. I didn't see how writing a check now made sense since a motorcycle mechanic had yet to inspect the bike. The bike was delivered to Motorcycle Center in East Brunswick NJ within the next few days. I notified my Allstate Rep. Things seemed to be headed in the right direction.

An appraisal Rep never went to the Motorcycle Center to go over the damages. One week turned into two weeks and the week of Aug 20 someone finally goes to the Motorcycle Center to get a true price of repair. The cost was teetering with being Totalled. We tried to work some numbers which involved me taking some sort of discount on the deductible plus a credit but we felt it not worth fixing since the bike had yet to be taken apart. There's bound to be more damage underneath the surface and there was no room to cover anything additional.

I made the decision clear to the appraiser to total the bike. He said "ok", all I needed now was to collect receipts for aftermarket parts and have them ready by 21/22 Aug. 23 Aug rolls in and the tone of my appraiser has changed. He tells me he didn't say the bike would be totaled. The bike has been in storage since approximately June 10th at $76 per day. They're not paying that. He just got this 5 days ago. "We're gonna fix the bike." "Excuse me!" He adjusted the repair numbers below the totaled amount except it's still not enough to cover the damage. Now in getting the runaround. Claims rep, missing. Call corp, leave a message. Every website and POC takes me to my Allstate rep and back to the claims rep. This looks the rebooting of and already jacked up process.

Get expert buying tips about Motorcycle Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I recently required their service again. Aug/2017. I was on my '05 HD Sportster XL 1200 C. A Fine motorcycle. This time I called, I was routed to an East Indian or Filipino Customer service! My clutch cable broke & needed a Cycle Tow. I could barely hear 'her', with an irritating phone echo. Then she didn't speak decent English. Then she didn't know what a Harley Davidson Motorcycle WAS. I stopped & I asked for a U.S.A. rep.! Was immediately transferred. I was assured that I could file for a reimbursement & called a reputable Motorcycle Tow Co. I was reimbursed within a week of submitting receipt. Great! But I am shaken & Disappointed in being 'EXPORTED' to Foreign customer service. Who doesn't know what an HD Motorcycle is?! Also, the last 2 times I used this service, I had to call TWICE, Before I got help.

Original review: May 22, 2017

With Allstate, you are NOT in good hands! - My fiancé had Allstate Insurance for years. He held homeowners, auto and Motorcycle insurance thru them. Never ever had a claim. His agent told him that he only needed comprehensive insurance in on his bike in the winter. He said it would cover it while in storage. My fiancé specifically asked if it would cover it if his bike fell over in the garage. The answer was "Absolutely!" After years of holding collision only during Maine's riding season and comprehensive while being stored, the inevitable happened... His bike fell over.

We called our agent, made a claim, the adjuster AND his boss came to inspect. They sent my fiancé a preliminary settlement in writing. Told him he would receive payment to get the repairs started and then later they would settle fully. Well, 20 minutes later, a very rude woman from GA called and said his bike wasn't covered because he didn't have collision and because his bike 'collided' with the cement floor, they wouldn't cover it. Both the agent AND the adjuster said it was not right. But still, it didn't get covered.

2 weeks later, our truck broke down... We pay monthly for roadside assistance coverage via our insurance policy... So, we called them... Sat on the side of the road for 3 hours while they gave us every excuse under the sun why the tow company wasn't there yet... Then, told us they didn't have a tower to cover the area... So we were forced to call and pay a tower ourselves, for which they refused to reimburse us for.

I would NEVER recommend Allstate to anyone! They are a horrible company. They steal from their customers while they promise to provide a service for them which they don't provide. With Allstate Insurance, you're in the worst hands ever! We have since dropped them for motorcycle and auto coverage. We will also be dropping out homeowners as soon as we have a home inspection for new insurance. Good luck to all those who still have Allstate coverage. I hope you have better luck. But my guess is... You won't!

Original review: April 12, 2017

Allstate Motorcycle Insurance has all options for all vehicles. All policies available and options ready for you. All coverage options that work for every customer. Coverage for all vehicles cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, jet skis. Coverage that number one. All claim processed no problem ever. Claims service that works. A claim department you can trust and use. Great service representatives that answer your questions. Customer service that you can count on. Service that actually works. I would recommend to all customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allstate Motorcycle Insurance?

Original review: April 11, 2017

There are plenty of options and coverage to choose from in Allstate. Everyone is guaranteed to get a policy and customize it to fit their needs and make them happy. The customer service is the best. They always have someone there to answer the phones and real people to help. The claims are very fast and easy to deal with. I can do it over my phone.

Original review: April 3, 2017

Allstate offers many different plans and I was able to find one that met my needs and still stayed within my budget. The claims process was not very difficult but I had to follow up with the insurance company instead of them following up with me which I thought was mediocre service. The customer service was acceptable and helped me compare the plans that they offered and priced it out for my needs.

Original review: March 29, 2017

It is a great platform for customer service and a whole great company to deal with indeed. I would recommend them to a lot of people I know and love including friends and family too. Filing a claim was an easy task to do and complete once I called in for help. Customer service was quite excellent indeed. I enjoyed in alas a great thing and convenience who is chatting with them and the fast service a. Allstate is a great company to be with from year to year and let your family know how great and reliable it is and it will prosper more in the future. The coverage is quite awesome and we could pull it off on a medium income level and will tell all friends and family about them as soon as possible.

Original review: March 26, 2017

Customer service with Allstate was very good. They explained everything that I was receiving and it was affordable. I do not have complaints. I am happy about the claims process. I never had to use it and did not have an accident. I'm sure they would have treated me fairly. They are conscientious and willing to listen. There were many policy options for me to choose from when it came to my motorcycle. I was pleased about the choices and found one that was affordable and fit my budget. The coverage was good. I got all that options wanted and it was affordable.

Original review: March 25, 2017

I've had to talk to them over the phone with questions and they were very responsive and helped me all of my issues. The person on the phone also kept a positive attitude throughout the conversation. It did not take long for everything to be processed and my representative was very informative of the processes. When filing my claims, I got updates on the status regularly. For the most part, their policies are very helpful. Also they included a detailed book of all of their policies which helped me when I had no time to contact them via phone or email. The coverage is exactly what I need for where I am at in life. I still live on a college campus and do not expect too many accidents to occur, however you can never be too safe.

Allstate Motorcycle Insurance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Since 1931, Allstate has been offering a variety of insurance products to consumers, ranging from homeowners insurance to auto insurance. They serve more than 16 million customers annually and rank 92 on the Fortune 500 list.

• Dedicated to safety: Allstate believes in the safety of its riders, so it participates in a variety of programs to increase awareness, including the installation of 'Watch for Motorcycle' signs at intersections.

• Deep discounts available: Save up to 50 percent on any quote with a combination of discounts.

• Work with an agent: When you call, always talk to the same person who knows your needs and can work with you to find the right package.

• Genuine parts guarantee: Not every muffler is created equal, so when repairs are necessary after an accident, be sure you're getting the original factory parts.

• Comprehensive coverage: Allstate offers comprehensive coverage to handle things like dings in a parking lot or theft.

• Best for: Weekend warriors, everyday riders and collectors.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky