AARP Health Insurance

853people found this page helpful

Record a review about your experience with AARP Health Insurance:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

My mother died March 20, 2016. I immediately notified Social Security. When United Health billed my mother's trust account for the April premium, I sent them a copy of her death certificate and instructed them to refund the erroneously billed premium. I received no response! They billed two additional premiums and I sent them two more letters (they signed the return receipt) to no effect. They billed the account again before I had the bank block payment to these thieves!! They owe the trust account a bit over $900.

I am a retired physician who practiced nephrology and endocrinology for the past 32 years. I retired a few years ago. I have been on hormone replace therapy (HRT) for at least 15 years before retirement. It was used as an adjunct to treat osteoporosis. I have been on AARP united insurance plan since I reached medicare retirement age. As a physician it was easy to work with the AARP plan and I would even suggest to patients that this might be a plan that they might want to use. But in the past 2 years I have been having increased difficulty with the pharmacy benefit plan OptumRx getting RX filled in a timely manner. Recently I and my physician have had a difficulty getting HRT refilled. It is interesting approach that OptumRx uses. All prescription for Hormone replacement therapy are automatically refused. The company admitted that and all required pre-approval.

Its issue is that when you call usually after 45 minutes you are told to try XYZ drug which if promptly refused so you wind up going through a list of different drugs. You are never given to anyone who has any authority and told to use a different form which is not available. So it is a technique that has been used by as number of sleazy insurance companies in the past to make it so difficult that you give up trying. The issue I have is that a company like AARP which is known support active retirement. I would think that AAPR would encourage the use of HRT in the men and women who otherwise have no contraindications. My physician who works at Mayo clinic tells me that they have not had one prescription for Hormone replacement therapy or ED drugs approved by OptumRx this year.

I recently attended a Post Graduate Review course on Endocrinology at Harvard University and we review the indication and contraindication for HRT for individuals over 65. There are no contraindications just because you are 65. I guess I am disappointed a company such as AARP who engage a PBP who had this attitude about HRT in the over 65 age group.

I sent in my money for membership and got screwed. I am disabled and in poor health. My primary care doctor became a concierge doctor and wanted $1,800.00 for the year. I only see my this doctor once a year. I just need him for misc. refills. I have tried finding another doc for this purpose, but no doctor wanted the business. I need the 14 other specialists I see. Obama Care which was pushed by AARP is the cause. I have called AARP for help but their referral was a Quack who would have killed me.

WE DO NOT GET TO VOTE FOR THE HEAD OF LOCAL AARP OR THE NATIONAL AARP. THE organization is run by ** liberals who back liberal issues, take money from phony companies who prey on the elderly and donate our money to political persons that don't represent us. My out of pocket for medical has increased 15,000 with Obamacare and doctors do note want Medicare patients.

Just read the con job of AARP Consumer Cellular. The company does not have its own cell towers and rents bandwidth from AT&T. The cellular carrier with the worst infrastructure. If the elderly do not use the phone except for brief few emergencies CC is fine, except I can get a better deal from Verizon. I get unlimited talk and 30 gig for 70 per month. This would cost me 1500 from CC. The insurance companies are a rip off. The dumb AARP management could not understand that Obamacare was going to hurt the elderly by less money for medicare, extremely higher secondary insurance, a shot age of doctors.

This are the worst health insurance company in usa for people on Social Security. Before I changed my plan from a better insurance than this I talk to a salesperson that talk they were better than the one I have at that time. I ask if I can have the same Doctor I have and he said "yes it's in list I got here." So I went and sign for.

When I have the card from the insurance there was no Doctor on. It said you need to pick a doctor. Call the service office they gave a Doctor I can see and where he was. I went there pick him as my Doctor and I find out that he gave me a shot that day and he was suppose to call first to see if the insurance authorise it. Now I end up paying $328.00 for the shot he gave me and for the visit. I have $5.00 copay. But they still charged me $328.00 Copay. What kind of insurance is this? I have made the worst mistake of my life by having an insurance that not. Here is My MEMBER ID **.

I recently switched from an "Advantage Plan," to an AARP-D "Saver Plan," because I thought the coverage of my prescriptions was not enough. I also switched to an AARP-United Healthcare "F" plan, and pay $262 a month for the F plan and I thought signing up for their "Saver Plan," for which I pay $45 a month for, would help cover my medications better. Before I signed up for the Optum-D AARP "Saver Plan," I was told my medications, that I was taking we're covered, and once I signed up for this plan and it was officially active, two medications that I will was taking for years prior to this new D plan Optum- were denied! In fact, their "Welcome," package I received in the mail, which contains the formulary, had the medication that I will I was taking listed, shell cording to their own formulary my medication coverage, that is until they decided not to cover it!

They said I needed a prior authorization for the medications, and they denied an appeal because they said they did not receive adequate information from my physician about why I needed these medications, and did my doc to try other medications. Long story short my physicians don't have the time to sit down and write in detail all the medication that they had tried prior to this one! I actually did have one of my doctors call while I was sitting right there, and the person from Optmum, that he spoke to was absolutely useless! She said they were waiting on a decision about whether or not they will cover this medication! Why did I even need a prior authorization for medications that I've been taking for years, and why did they not listen to my doctor when he called to give them whatever information they needed?

That's because they do not care! I am locked in to their insurance until the next period where I can switch my Insurance Carrier, and they know that but they just don't care! What I am describing here is not a misunderstanding, and I am describing something that this company is doing that should be illegal, because it is unethical, and they signed me up with misleading information! I actually figured - let me pay $45 a month extra so I can get the best coverage possible, and this is worse coverage and insurance that I have ever had! This is very stressful for me, and I am on disability and I am 61 years old, and this company has no intention of doing the right thing by me or their customers! They only care about their bottom line!

It's hard to believe that a company like this, who in their advertising speak about how important their customers are to them, and how they want to be helpful, and they have been outright irresponsible, not helpful, and unethical! I will drop this insurance the first minute I have the opportunity to do so without some kind of penalty! I strongly suggest that you stay away from this company, because all you will get from it is grief! Read all the testimonies here, and you will see that what I'm saying is done over and over to other people, and they get away with it because the insurance companies have big money! I called again to speak with a supervisor and I asked her when will this decision, I was told, and my doctor was told, was needed, before anything can be done, and she told me 30 to 60 days, and it's already been a month and a half since I have gotten my last prescription!

I pay $262 a month for my F Medigap-United Healthcare-AARP plan, and an additional $45 for my part D-prescription drug plan-Optum, and I can't believe this is the way they treat someone that is paying $305 a month out of the pocket to them for this ridiculous-sub quality-healthcare! I paid into Medicare for decades and they are not doing me any favors! I have spent many hours on the phone trying to speak to someone that knows what they're doing, because that is another issue when it comes to their prescription plan! The people working in that department do not know what they are doing! I am so stressed, I even found my way here to complain about this major headache! I'm actually grateful that I have a forum that I can put this information out there, and if it helps somebody else great! Buyer Beware!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AARP?

I signed up prior to the start of this year, changing providers and plans. The registration process was followed to the instructions on the website. Tried to sign in and received a response that the Member ID does not exist. Customer Service was an absolute frustration on the phone. Had to pay my premium as a on-time payment online.

Fresh start again this month... Failure. Member ID does not exist. Customer Service says, "Try Registering." So I try again, same thing. Got sent instead of Web Services to another Customer Service rep that contradicted the first one. Finally got a Web person and got nowhere except to tell me the site was down!! REALLY? If the site is down how does it have the ability to respond as it did a month ago. I still do not have access to my records and account. Somehow or another I feel as if that service is part of what I pay for. Not getting my money's worth at all.

I decided to change drug plans this year. I received a notification from AARP concerning their drug plan so I called enrollment, went through every prescription that I had including the name and dosage of each. I was told that my medications were in Tier 1 and/or Tier 2 and that I would not be paying any copay. When I went to pick up my prescriptions I ended up paying for every prescription. Initially, they told me I had a $550.00 bill, but when I produced my newly provided prescription card they were able to bring the charge down to $60.00 plus. I should have stayed with my previous carrier as I only paid a total of $40.00 for the whole year of 2015.

When I talked to them again and told them what I had been told, they said I had been misinformed by the enrollment department. I am not happy to say the least and I can assure you, if I have to stay with them for 2016 (which I am afraid I will have to) I will tell everyone I know about the untrained employees that give out the wrong information and will certainly change carriers in the new year. I have twenty years of health insurance, even serving on health insurance boards and this is uncalled for.

My husband has had his supplemental insurance the AARP UHC since 2005. When Medicare made the Prescription Part D mandatory, we also signed up for that, the AARP UHC. Never had any problems! In either 2007 or 2008 we decided to change his prescription plan to a deductible plan and all the changes were made over the phone. It was a truly seamless transition and the reps were knowledgeable and helpful. Let me also state that we have been set up with auto withdrawal since 2005 and when we changed his prescription plan in '07 or '08 and then changed back the following year, again it was seamless and everything done over the phone.

Fast forward to 2015 open enrollment period. We again deemed the deductible plan might be more appropriate so contacted customer service to switch the plan starting 1/1/2016. Rep gave up cost of $36.70/month with a $360 deductible AND informed us his premiums would go towards the deductible, which I was delighted to hear. He also said since we had previously been on EFT for our payments, that would continue with the new plan. In Dec. 2015, we received a letter stating we needed to send a check along with the EFT authorization form by 1/1/16 for our payments to be automatically withdrawn. When I called 12/12/15, I was told we were already set up and to ignore the letter that it was standard protocol to be sent out. Checked my bank account yesterday and saw only our supplemental insurance was withdrawn on 1/5/16, not the prescription plan payment so called again.

This time rep told me 9 out of 10 times it works but in my case it didn't. I was advised to go online and set it up. Attempted to do that but there is no option to set up EFT payments online so called AGAIN. This rep apologized for all the other lies I was told and confusion but said she could take a one-time payment from me over the phone but neither she nor their website had any way of setting up the automatic EFT withdrawals and the only way it could be done was by physically mailing a check with the EFT Authorization Form.

Seems to me this company has an antiquated system and is definitely not user-friendly. They seem to have gone backwards as their system worked better 8 years ago. Also, their reps have no idea what they are doing. Seems like they just pulled some high school dropouts in off the street and put them on the phones. Now I have to mail a check hoping it doesn't get lost in the mail or worse, stolen! Informed them I will be changing to a more progressive company next enrollment period. AARP should not be endorsing this company!!!

Looking at bank statement, I discovered my recently deceased mother paid a monthly insurance premium. Five times since November I've requested whatever forms are needed to discover exactly what this insurance covers. The form finally arrived six weeks later on January 6, 2016. This hospital indemnity insurance pays using a window of time going back 15 months. Mom was sick 15 months ago, but they have "conveniently" moved that window by delaying response time. After dealing with their "customer service", I believe this is intentional. They are a horrible company, which makes me wonder about ALL the companies used by AARP, and maybe even AARP itself. STAY AWAY FROM AARP INSURANCE!

My Rx consist of 2 simple generic pills. My total out pocket cost (no insurance) is 456.00 USD per year. My insurance for AARP United Health Care is over $700.00 per this year my co-pay increased by a factor of three. This company and the AARP are a total rip-off. The cost goes up about 10% per year and the copay is increased by a 2-300%.

This is apparently the only place to get a prescription supplement. But they won't let you delay payment -- it's not their policy. For Medicare folks, that's problematic. AARP doesn't deserve this govt. contract.

I have Prescription coverage that has three stages initial coverage then coverage gap and the catastrophic coverage. They use a unrealistic and arbitrary formula to determine the cost when in between the initial coverage and the coverage gap that's called a cross over coverage formula. They use Fuzzy logic to charge you a co-pay larger than either stage would allow.

It doesn't make any sense to try and describe it but I ended up paying more than the high part of my coverage gap copay and they ended up combining the two charges to charge me about 50$ too much. I tried to talk to a manager, but I end up getting disconnected every time. The worst company defending dumb policies by hanging up!! I am a polite person, but this tries my patience..

The worst customer service we have ever experienced from an insurance company. Most all the customer service personnel you call on the number on the back of your card are poorly trained, uninformed about their own plan and in general should find a different field of work. UHC is supposed to cover everything that original Medicare covers with the exception of Hospice. Asked for a determination of coverage for a Cologuard test and it took six months and dozens of phone calls and still got no approval. Complained to Medicare and got a call within a half hour from a grievance representative. She check and sent me a letter it was 100% covered (as it is with original Medicare) and required no authorization.

Had the test done and they only covered 60%. Having to appeal right now. Never speak to the same person twice, calls go unanswered (I'm away from my desk or on another line is their favorite recording, leave your name and number and will call you back promptly) never to be heard from again. Left my name and number to one lady for 30 straight days with no return call. Wrote their Hot Springs, AR office for a written approval and got no response, even though their booklet and Medicare rules require a determination and response within 14 days. It's a shame that the largest Insurance company in the USA operates this way. Shame on them. Changing to Humana for 2016, they can't be any worse for sure.

The AARP Unitedhealthcare PPO is absolutely disgusting. After fighting with them about an October 2014 claim which I submitted directly, THREE TIMES, and was given all sorts of stories, I finally received my reimbursement today. 13 months later, now, I have another claim from August 27 this year that I have already submitted twice and still no reimbursement. I was on the phone with customer service for 52 minutes when I finally asked to be transferred to a supervisor. Waited for another 10 minutes on hold. No supervisor, they are the worst insurance company around.

I was with this company getting my rx coverage for close to ten years. Every year the reps seemed to always have an issue if you called to ask a question. As long as you didn't call to try and get something accomplished and send them their money they don't bother you. I asked to have my premiums taken out of my ssa check because I took in two of my grandchildren and could no longer keep up with sending the premiums by check. NOT ONLY DID THEY NOT DO IT THEY TERMINATED ME WITH A LETTER DATED NOV 1st notifying me I would be terminated Oct 31st??? I received the letter Nov 10th!! I called on the 3rd to see why my premiums were not being taken out of SSA by now and was told nothing I can do I am terminated! This company does not care about its consumers! They are rude and downright don't even do their required Job... But of course its not their fault.

I tried to have it reconsidered with help from the SSA but not even the SSA rep could get it through to Medicare what was going on. So now I am left with no rx coverage. Paid $688 for only two of my prescriptions, And now going without needed medication that I have taken for years. AARP PRESCRIPTION COVERAGE INSURED THROUGH UNITED HEALTHCARE IS NOT GOOD DRUG COVERAGE and I've wasted all this time paid them all the premium money for years but if you try and ask them to do their job forget it. They won't. I'm sure Ill have better coverage in 2016!

Over 10 years ago my father unexpectedly became disabled & was forced into early retirement. Due to high Medicare premiums, we purchased a Secure Horizons/United Healthcare supplemental plan. First problem: they mistakenly added dental coverage for an additional $20/month, despite us telling them we didn't need dental since my dad has full dentures. A couple years our premium decreased & we found out it was due to removal of the dental coverage that we were unaware of. They would not reimburse any of the money. His co-pays for hospitals stays (even with admission) have recently gone up again, his covered/not covered prescriptions are constantly changing, they take an excessive amount of time to authorize any appts to see his specialists to treat his recurring cancer, & denied a biopsy, delaying his tumor diagnosis by 2 months.

Just like another user commented, the company will not cover his blood thinner for a recently formed DVT blood clot that developed while waiting for his approval to be treated. Since they won't cover, we had to pay out of pocket & use a coupon. He needs this medicine for at least 3 months to prevent P.E. & possibly death. We currently could only afford a 7-day supply at $180 with a coupon, which was better than the almost $600 it would have cost with insurance. After over 10 years of paying premiums on time, the company doesn't have a problem telling us that this is just the way it is.

My husband was taken to Emergency Room. He was kept in the hospital for 2 days and a night. Much to our surprise, Medicare has a policy that a hospital can keep a patient for up to 72 hours as an outpatient without admitting them. Because of this outpatient status, Medicare Part A or B will not pay for the medication that was given while he was in the hospital as an outpatient. As a result, A or B will not pay for the medication. AARP MedicareRX has made it next to impossible to be reimbursed.

They have denied the claim because they said it was "self-administered". It was given intravenously! Then they said he didn't get preauthorization. It was given to him in the hospital and under emergency status! Do we stop a doctor from giving a medicine and say "WAIT"! you must get preauthorization? Lastly, they deny receiving the explanation/justification from the doctor and tell us now we have to file an appeal. It's been over 30 days since we requested the reimbursement of over $900. Now we have to file an appeal which will take who knows how long.

I have AARP MedicareRX Drug Plan insured by United Health Care. It has been a nightmare!! My experience with their customer service has been a nightmare since Dec. of 2014. I changed plans, as I'm entitled to do, and I was being charge way too much! I was on an automatic draft payment plan. When I called to complain in Jan. of 2015, the rep said everything was taken care of and that I was only supposed to be paying 49.60 for my plan. The next month, the company automatically withdrew too much again.

I complained again and was given the same story, "all is OK and things would be taken care of." THEN the next month I was charged over $247! I halted my automatic draft! Long story short, I spoke to three (3) supervisors who said they would find out about the problem and get back to me. No one ever contacted me. Each supervisor "promised me" that they would personally take care of this. No one took care of the problem until I reached a supervisor who got to the bottom of the problem in May.

I have NEVER had such poor service from a company ever! As soon as I can, I am leaving United Health Care and going to another company. It is now Sept. and am just now back on track with my regular charges. They owed me money and now we are back on the right track. The website accounting of my billing is still not up to date. I don't trust this company. The safest thing about all this is I don't even take any drugs!!!

Contacted both United Healthcare and Aetna regarding health insurance. Having a need for both supplemental and individual plans I asked for rates. I was told they cannot quote unless buying within 30 days. OK, understood this and when asked if present quotes could be sent to compare to other company's the representatives hung up on me!! I guess when you have AARP as a sponsor there is such a flood of applicants that customer courtesy isn't needed. Makes me want to give up my AARP membership.

Medicare part d - We had the enhanced til it went up. Switched to savers plan at $27 month. My was always taken out of checking. Husband's was from ss check. They stopped. Sent first month for husband & signed paper to draft account. No problem til June. This was Dec. In June, Walgreens notified us. He had no coverage due to non payment. No correspondence from AARP. Called & they drafted account for 4 months & said coverage would start August 1st. Had to pay full in July. Now, with new prescription, WG says, still no coverage. We try to call various numbers, and so does WG. No one available to help. We have customer ID. Bank statement. Still no ID card for either of us. I do have coverage.

SHAME ON AARP for associating with United Healthcare. I made the huge mistake of signing my mother up for this insurance because AARP endorses it. My mother moved to another state and I began the process of signing her up in May and it is now July and I am still having horrible problems with this company. The insurance started on June 1st and she still does not have an identification card for this insurance! And what the representatives tell you on the phone is often exactly the opposite of what is printed in their "Welcome" book, including proper addresses to send information to them.

The book says all correspondence should go to Montgomeryville, PA. Not true! I have TWICE sent my Power of Attorney papers to that address for handling my 87 year old mother's affairs and they still claim they have not received it. When I called about this, the rep gave me a DIFFERENT ADDRESS for the P.O.A. And, lots of luck in trying to change an address with them. They did, of course, send us a bill, but they NEVER sent her an insurance ID card for the insurance.

I PAID the bill and they WILL NOT CONFIRM whether or not they have received the payment! This is considered "confidential." And, no one ever mentions the fact that you need a different card for the insurance and another card for drug coverage. I asked them to send HER an insurance identification card and they would not do it because I was asking them to do this instead of her asking for one. I requested a coupon payment book to be sent to her to keep up with her payments. NO DICE! SHE has to request it, not me! She is 87 years old and she CANNOT handle these things.

I cannot handle them now since they just can't seem to find the TWO Power of Attorney forms I have sent them. And these are the SMALLER problems I have had with them. The big problems I have had with them would fill a few chapters in a book and they are too complex to document here. It is SO OBVIOUS that AARP DOES NOT care who they associated themselves with. United Healthcare is a NIGHTMARE to deal with. Open enrollment cannot come fast enough for me so I can get rid of United Healthcare so I can sign my mother up with a company that doesn't LIE and where the employees KNOW what they are talking about. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

I just want to know why UnitedHealthcare changed to AARP UnitedHealthcare? I had no problem having UHC before as a secondary, where Medicare.com was my primary. Now, being a brain tumor/radiation therapy survivor, I am no longer able to maintain my doctors who know and are familiar with my case, plus not being able to use my military spousal benefits from my decease husband. I do not like going to doctors who are not familiar with my consistent health issues which keep raising since having radiation therapy and being put on regional HMO's plans where my doctors were satisfied and healthful PPOs. Note: When, erroneously changed over to this new UHC plan, I was able to keep 1 doctor whose office is only 5 minutes away from where I live but again, they erroneously listed him as a pro-med (which he knew nothing about) for a region too far to drive to.

I did complain about this and did received a new card for the closest medical region to me; but his name was removed from my card, assigning a new doctor to replace him. I am still on HMO and when I've asked to be put on PPOs so that I can have my former doctors who are familiar with my condition back - I am refused and told to just wait until October to change my contract. I am now getting bills from my former doctors for work done in 2014 (before the change over), all to be paid for now, along with medical treatment for this current plan from my live on retiree social security pay. Now I feel like a person who will never ever get better and must live in pain until I can get out of AARP UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage in October. I am so painfully dissatisfied and poorer. The "My Spending Acct" thing sticks, too!

I am in charge of my mother's care. For the most part my mom's health has been fairly well to be in her 80s. I changed her coverage to AARP due to their great service in general. Not knowing that this has been horribly disappointing. They give the worst coverage and provide the worst facilities for medical health recovery.

I added a dental rider in January 2015, went to my dentist, they said I had no coverage, called Unitedhealthcare, took them a month or two to correct but I had to pay out of pocket. Then when coverage was in effect, I got a root canal. The dentist did not trust United Healthcare so I paid out of pocket upfront and they filed the claim for me in April 2015. Contacted United Healthcare to verify claim receipt and they said they could not verify for 30 days.

Called in 30 days. They said no claim was filed so my dentist refiled and sent me a copy which I also filed by fax after a complicated process to get a FAX number. After I faxed it to them, I called them to confirm receipt. They would not even confirm that they received the fax of the claim from me. Dishonest scam artists who take your premium payments and refuse claims.

I had myself added to my wife's existing account effective January 1, 2015. The rate was supposed to increase from $56.64 monthly to 111.85. On January 28, 2015 a draft in the amount of $263.67 was taken from my checking account without prior authorization. I discovered this on February 2, 2015 and called customer service who agreed this was an error and sent the notation to accounting for correction. At this point I stopped draft payments. I called cs again on 2/9/15 still no explanation or correction. On 2/23/15 I called cs again, when I still did not get an explanation I asked to escalate to management. ** with the mgmt team agreed there was an error and sent back to accounting for correction.

On 3/16/15 I still have not heard anything and received a bill for $238.94 with no correction. I called 1-877-968-9675 and had to leave a msg. No return call so I called again on 3/18/15 and left another message so I called cs explained the problem to the 6th person who transferred me to ** on the mgmt team who also agreed there was an error and sent it to accounting for correction. On 4/7/15 I still did not get a response so I called and left a message on the mgmt vm again and called cs. ** took time to recalculate and she and her supervisor agreed at that point that a payment of $70.45 for April would bring me current. ** from the mgmt team I explained the problem and that I had worked it out with **. ** gave me her extension ** if I had any further problem. I have received a bill for $238.94 due for May 2015 coverage. I called ** and left a vm on 4/22/15 no call back by 4/25/15. Next step complaint to AARP and the California Insurance Commission.

I've only recently changed my Medicare Supplemental Plan to AARP United Healthcare and only four months into this plan I am facing denial of drug coverage while my medical condition is worsening. This plan forces the customer to go through an appeal process for drugs which I have been using since before changing to this new comprehensive Plan F. My intention was to purchase a plan without having to worry about deductibles and coverage, while paying a high premium for these benefits, and now I am being put through the proverbial ringer by this company while my medical condition gets worse by the day. All attempts to get them to expedite their review process have been met with firewalls which denies me access to the department responsible for evaluating and approving my request.

I called them on April 1st 2015 4:45 pm, and to see if I was approved to get teeth fixed and this lady got on, said "just one moment" then she got back on the phone and said "Yes and you have till April 21 to have all your teeth done, due to radiation." So she said "I would run and get them done soon as you can..." So next day I ran in to get 2 teeth in front fixed, the one in back broken off and 5 xrays... the receptionist asked and asked for 1 half hour to get the codes for my dental...

So I call the next day, they had no idea of who said that to me... Caused me so much stress cause this woman was a angel to tell me this great news, now she's a nightmare cause no one know, and no one is educated enough to help me. I have talk to supervisor "I had 5 x-ray" and they said it was covered but I found out I am not... what lies to people dreams to be shattered... They must be something out there cause I am screaming what I need to do or if I am responsible to pay. I want to cry... One Indian said this and the other 2 don't know what was said... fire this company please. Sincerely this place to be hit with a big fine... ASAP.

This is a horrible dental plan because the customer service takes 40 plus minutes to reach anybody to ask a basic question. Also they keep you in the dark about how much the plan pays for different dental procedures. I was told when I go to a specialist like a periodontist that I won't know how much the plan pays and what I have to pay till after the bill is submitted. AARP is just one big scam deal to make seniors think they're getting a great discount. Also the AARP Spammed my email for months with every insurance company on the planet. My advice...look elsewhere where they have real customer service that can answer all your question.

My mother has this plan and every time I call it is over an hour or I have to hang up. Once I get someone they can't verify whether a doctor or drug is approved or not and I end up having to call again and again and NEVER get an answer. In the mean time, my mom has possible cancer and they don't answer the phone. Terrible service! Unorganized administration. Their doctors are never updated on the website and don't even bother with asking for printed book of providers. It's all outdated and no one knows who is approved. They often advise you to call the doctor directly to find out if they are on their own plan! My mom is deaf so this really difficult for her. They should be shut down.

Do not sign up with this program. You will be sorry. Check out their ratings. They are rated 1.8. They jack up the prices about 30% or more every year. The deductible is very high, and their customer service is non-existent. With Medicare Part D the window to change to another plan is a very narrow, just between Oct - Dec. 7 each year. So if you don't switch at that time, you'll be stuck.

I got caught this year because I didn't receive any notice of the price increase, until they sent me the new bill on Dec. 12, after it was too late to change. I did make an appeal to Medicare, but it was denied. AARP claimed they sent me the info, however I did not receive it. I believe that a reputable company should send out several notifications, just to make sure that the information had been received in a timely manner. Obviously they don't want to do this.

When I tried to call them I ended up on hold for long periods of time, since they do not have enough customer service reps. Eventually they sent me a letter with supposed instructions to disenroll or switch, but it was denied. So why bother sending me that? It was just a runaround.