3.8/5 (193 ratings)

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

About AAA Life Insurance

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

AAA Life Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA Life Insurance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA Life Insurance?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Hello, I am writing this review based on a personal experience I had with AAA Life insurance. I canceled my life insurance after 3 years of being a customer due to a horrible experience my parents had through them. As soon as I canceled my insurance I was told I would get a check in the mail for the cash value. A month later and still no check. I have spoken to many representatives through email and phone and also today with a very rude supervisor and still got nowhere. Only answer is the check is in the mail. After a month the check is still in the crawling to the post office. Please I beg you do not go with this life insurance as they will only take your money and they are fraud.

AAA Life Insurance response

Dear Valued Member: AAA Life responded directly to you, in greater detail, in a letter mailed on September 15, 2022. However, we want to respond to your post as well. We value our members and aim to provide high-quality service to all of our customers. High-quality service includes processing refunds quickly. We would like to sincerely apologize for any difficulty this may have caused you. If you have questions, please contact us at (800) 684-4222. Sincerely, AAA Life

Original review: June 15, 2022

Eight Days after my sister got paid out, I'm still waiting. Talked to a Rep, "It's in the mail", Called again another day, "It's in the mail". Really? I asked for Direct D and I get "It's in",,, you get it.

Dear Brian,

We are very sorry for any frustration you may have experienced. Unfortunately, Consumer Affairs has only provided your first name. Please contact us directly at complaint@aaalife.com and we'll be happy to research your concerns.

Thank you for your patience during this process.

Sincerely,
    Compliance Department
    AAA Life Insurance Company
    877-624-1662

complaint@aaalife.com

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 10, 2022

My husband passed away with CoVid in December 2021. I called to file the life insurance claim and was sent someone else's policy, a man whose name did not resemble my husband's. I sent in all the paperwork requested only for them to lose it, suggesting it got lost in the mail. (I mailed it at the post office) After much going back & forth, they tell me they need cause of death, not pending. I understand this and have tried to get that specified but things are dragging along. I filed a claim for another insurance policy he had with another company and was sent a check within 2 weeks. No questions asked. It's been over 3 months; AAA are taking their time and screwing up at the same time sending me a strangers policy etc. I need my money. I have another policy with them on someone else but will be cancelling that ASAP.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

I applied for life insurance. This company denied me. I've never in my 61 years ever been denied for life insurance. Do not apply for life Insurance with this company if you have any kind of issues. This for when you die. Insurance company are greedy. Definitely not for the people. It's about having to pay out money. Just be prepared. You could definitely be denied. This is inhumane. Awful. What are they here for. My issues are not that bad because I am retired. On disability. I still work though. Unbelievable. Just a heads up for the next person.

AAA Life Insurance response

Dear Valued Member: AAA Life strives to provide the same high-quality service and products you have come to expect with AAA — a name that millions of Americans associate with stability and peace of mind. We value members and aim to provide high-quality service to all of our customers. Unfortunately, there are times we are unable to provide coverage. We would like to sincerely apologize for any frustration this may have caused you. If you have questions, please contact us at (800) 684-4222.

Original review: July 29, 2021

I also have AAA Home Insurance and AAA Auto Insurance. AAA is a company I have done business with this company since 1976. I trust AAA to provide my family with the insurance products it needs. I feel I am well represented and well protected by doing business with AAA.

AAA Life Insurance response

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We’re proud to have you in the AAA family.

Original review: May 24, 2021

I have been a very satisfied customer of AAA for over 50 years, until now. Over the years, we would get promotions for life insurance and/or accident insurance. Years age, I decided, based on their reputation, to obtain accident ins.. A couple of years ago, I had fallen in the house, gone to the ER, checked out, and then went home. AAA was great and I received a check for the ER visit quickly.

In December, my husband Peter **, fell in the house in the middle of the night. When I woke up, he was sitting on the floor, against the bed. He told me he had fallen and then crawled to the bedroom because his side hurt. I asked him if he hit his head and he said he did not think so, however, within 3 hours he was hallucinating, talking about birds in the room and the walls moving and opening up to show stairs going up into the attic, which we do not have. At that point I took him to the ER.

We told them about the fall, his side hurting and the birds, forgot to tell them about the walls moving. He said that he had been in the bathroom and when he put the light out, and turned and stepped into the bedroom carpet, he fell. He thought he had been dizzy and didn't hit his head but his actions didn't indicate that. He said he just felt stupid that he fell and said the first thing he thought happened. The doctor's were concerned, especially because his tests indicated he may be bleeding internally. He was admitted, and over 5 days he was given a needed blood transfusion and subjected to all kinds of tests, upper endoscopy, colonoscopy, lots of imaging etc. but the discharge summery indicated that they never did find the bleeding site but they thought he was stable enough to go home.

I filed a claim and we were promptly paid for the ER visit. However, then they wanted the discharge summery, which I sent them. Then they wanted a copy of all his records for that visit. They received those and when I talked to them March 10th they said the records are still under review. Said should have decision soon. Called many time after that. They kept saying decision soon. Said someone would call me. No one ever called. Even his discharge summary said that they had been unable to find the source of his bleeding, which was the reason they kept him and gave him blood. April 20th I talked to customer service and they said a decision was made and they would notify me shortly. May 21st I called again. Claimed decision letter was sent out April 20th, the day they told me it would be weeks before it would be sent out. I never received it.

She said she would email me a copy, which she did. It was a rejection letter that was full of inaccuracies. I have been a AAA member over 50 years, we have had this accident insurance for years and this was only the 2nd claim we have filed on this policy, one for me and this one for him. This took 5 months and there is no reason why. I am going to fight this because I am sure this was the wrong decision and I bet on social media, there are more people with the same complaints and I am going to try to find them. We deserve better. Indicate that. He said he felt stupid because he fell.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

I bought the life insurance through AAA. Thought it was good. Took it to the funeral home. He sent it in that said it pay back what I paid. Said never had it long enough. Never buy life insurance from AAA. I'm waiting for them to pay me. It's been over 2 months. No check yet. Why are they not answering me? I called that said 10 to 15 days but I feel I should get full $10000 but I bet I won't. They are not who they say they are so don't buy from AAA Life. My school Life ended up paying right away.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

I have been a longtime member of AAA so I got a sort of discount but it wasn't really all that large. I get all sorts of mailings from other companies and the rates really don't vary among all of them nor do they differ much from AAA. The coverages are basically the same. The only reason I chose AAA is because of my convenient and long-term relationship with them although I know they'd not care if I left.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

Our dad passed away on July 13, 2020. We notified AAA Life on July 14, 2020. Since he had not had the policy for two years, we were not entitled to a death benefit but were told we would receive a return of paid premiums. It has been six weeks and AAA Life has all documents they need. I have called four times over these 6 weeks, and each time I am told it will be a week or two more weeks. After reading these reviews, my dad obviously did not read them before he purchased this policy. I would never refer this company to anyone, especially after we have been given the runaround for six weeks now. It is very sad that a company would do this to people they trusted with something as important as life insurance.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I initially called AAA Life Insurance to request a copy of my policies. Upon doing so, I was told that a copy of each would be sent via mail and email. The email never arrived. Because I needed the policies immediately, I called back to ask if they could please send them via email and was told that not only had the previous employee not sent the documents but that this employee could not send it. Try as she might, each time I tried to access the secured document, I received an error message. I was placed on hold to be directed to a supervisor. I hung up after a few minutes and called back. The supervisor sent the first document as a pdf and the other secured. That passcode did not work either.

I called back and the manager would not speak with me, claiming to be occupied. Someone else came to the phone and after berating me and claiming it was my fault, she hung the phone up in my face. I called back and spoke with another gentleman who tried but was still unable to assist me. The passcodes didn't work. I kept requesting additional codes via the site until finally one worked and I was able to download the document. This was a huge lesson for me. I was on the phone with them six times between the hours of 12:24-2:13 p.m. This was the most awful experience I've ever had with customer service.

Good afternoon,

We are sorry you had a bad experience. This is not the type of service we strive to provide. If you are still experiencing difficulties obtaining this document, please email us directly at complaint@aaalife.com and provide us with your personal information so we can assist you further.

Thank you for this opportunity to respond.
      Compliance Department
      AAA Life
      Complaint@aaalife.com OR

Compliance@aaalife.com

Take a Life Insurance Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

AAA Life Insurance author review by Neal Frankle

The American Automobile Association has over 51 million members and the national headquarters are in Heathrow, Florida. AAA was founded in 1902.

• Product variety: Besides providing roadside assistance, AAA sells term, whole life and UL. AAA started selling life insurance in 1967.

• Member supported: This is a member-supported company. As a result, members might save money on life insurance needs.

• Limitations: AAA offers a very limited menu of life insurance products.

• Ratings: It can be difficult to find the AAA’s insurance ratings.

• History: AAA is relatively new to the insurance industry.

by Neal Frankle Life Insurance Advisor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.

AAA Life Insurance Company Information