2. Finance
  3. Life Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.75/5

AAA Life Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA Life Insurance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA Life Insurance?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 20, 2020

If I could give them zero stars for their review, I would. DON'T USE THEM! It was nothing but incompetence and aggravation right from the start. We had decided to get some additional life insurance for myself and my husband. Once they processed the applications, they added my checking account to someone else's policy and we have been paying for him. I've been trying to get the refunded money back since the June. I've called multiple times and no one can do what they say they'll do in giving us back the money. I'm currently on the phone with the same rep that I spoke to on July 9th (today is July 20th) and he's not giving me much as far as help. I had to put a block on my checking account so that they wouldn't charge us anymore for this other person's insurance. Yet they are still charging my account.

Multiple calls and multiples days of aggravation and I'm still not getting a refund. Who do you have to call for help? Now he tells me I have to take the stop off of my account in order to get a refund. REALLY?? And what so you can charge me again? I’m posting this review on every website that I can to let everyone to stay away from AAA Life Insurance. I hope to get this resolved soon.

Dear Valued Member:

AAA Life has opened an investigation into this matter and will be reaching out to you directly, within the next few business days. If you have questions you would like answered before we reach out, please contact us at (800) 684-4222 or complaint@aaalife.com.

Compliance Department

AAA Life Insurance Company

Resolution response: May 6, 2020

Issue Resolved - I would like to thank AAA Life Insurance for immediately responding to my earlier concerns made. A representative from AAA Life Insurance had immediately reached out to me, researched my concerns, and resolved my issue.

Original review: April 30, 2020

All my troubles beginned when a fast-talking sales agent by the name of Zachary **, from AAA Life Insurance, Omaha, NE, called me to sell me life insurance. This happens to be the very same company that would not qualify me for this same exact life insurance the first time I applied for it last year. When I first applied for insurance, the outside company that AAA had referred me to, never came out to finish processing my examine and because of that I canceled the contract.

Long story short, in light of COVID 19, AAA Life aggressively started seeking people out and decided to contact me knowing I still might want life insurance and yes, for the first time, while he still had me on the phone, Mr. **'s fast talked & scammed me into purchasing Flexible Universal Life Insurance. While he still had me on the phone, he had me go to my email that very moment, and had me sign the email he had just sent me allowing AAA Life Company to automatically remove $347.26 from my account each and every month. When I realized that he sold me something that a woman my age didn't really need, I had submitted a written request to cancel the transaction.

When Mr. ** would not cooperate with my written cancellation request, I then contacted my bank-- and the bank was also not able to get my moneies back because I had already signed the EFT before canceling my contract. Here's the thing --the slick salesman that he is, Mr. **, had already started debiting my checking account the very next morning from speaking to him on the phone - (I spoke to him on a Friday evening and when I woke up early Saturday morning the money was already debited from my account --that's just how fast he moved. Please help me if you can. I have all correspondence as proof. Plus I have a letter received Mr. **, who emailed me promising to give me a full refund of all my monies. This letter was received and dated April 20, 2020, long after my bank already tried to get my money back and failed.

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 21, 2020

I’ve had a policy with AAA for years, I’ve overlooked mistakes and tried to work with them yet now widowed can't risk my life policy being in jeopardy when I have a sick kid to think of. This last incident happens during this crisis. My agent could it quoted wrong payment due date yet he informed aaa of his mistake and requested exemption of case of interruption of my policy yet the management wants to apologize yet have me reinstate which means I’ll have no policy 30-60 days depending a new physical. This is maddening at a time we are in. So I’m done with aaa. They screwed me up twice before. Not getting a fourth chance.

In a crisis honor your policy and mistake and take care of your customer not rob them of their policy. I think they want to increase my rate since I’m older or trying to cancel policies due to crisis. Who knows? It’s terrible way to conduct business for sure. Be aware of them goal. Seems to avoid honoring people policies and keep you paying higher rates by forcing you to reinstate often. SAD!

Dear sirs,

We've reached out to the client directly to investigate her concerns. Thank you for the opportunity to respond.

Compliance
      AAA Life Insurance Company

Complaint@aaalife.com

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

AAA Life Insurance canceled our policy without informing us after we paid them for 5 years. They claimed that they couldn't reach us since we moved. It is a lie. We never for once received any email saying that they tried to reach us through post mail and if we could update our address. All I can say is try to avoid this company if you can!!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

After a year of being told, “checks in the mail” for my fathers claim, AAA life insurance said deal with your state it’s not our problem anymore. My Dad paid on his policy and AAA will not pay. Buyer beware you will be out money dealing with these scammers. Scammed in Texas.

AAA Life Insurance response

We have reached out to Charles directly to attempt resolve his concerns.

We appreciate the opportunity to respond.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

My opinion is that the agent I dealt with was very professional. She works out of the Jackson, Michigan office and her name is Mary **. She was good at returning emails, answering phone calls and questions. Much better than the service from Farm Bureau Insurance - Lapland's Battle Creek office as they were rude, made errors, overcharged and did not focus on customer service.

Original review: July 29, 2019

Submitted paperwork and they stated 10 days for a check to arrive, it is now 6 weeks and all they give to you when called is lies!! They did, however, send an application for life insurance and then another piece a mail at 5 weeks asking for Death Certification and Claimant Statement WHICH was given on Day 1.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Was a term life insurance policy holder for 15 years. Called once in 2012 and another in 2018. Contacted AAA customer service phone number then was transferred to a licensed agent. They never informed me that I couldn’t convert after 80% of policy paid or year 2016 / age of 65 whichever comes first. Please beware of AAA. They promised to review my policy with their mgmt team with a callback. Never called me back after 15 years of being a paying customer. They’re happy to take your money for payment, but no follow through to keep customers. They won’t convert my term policy after I was told by two licensed agents over the years I could convert until end of term policy. Don’t trust the licensed agents. They transfer you to via phone and their mgmt team speaks to you like you’re stupid.

Doesn’t matter what they promise you over phone read every single word of your policy. Two words in my booklet of 12 pages typed out and mailed to me 15 years ago even though their licensed agents told me different has prevented me from converting my policy. 15 years of paying on my policy you would think they would call me back. Two different managers told me a review would take place of my policy to convert. They would listen to my phone calls recorded with the licensed agents over the years and the management team would call me back. They never called nor written any response to me when I was told would get a call back in 48 hours. They don’t care about anything except your payment. Please be aware of their tactics, poor customer service and lying licensed agents.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Whatever you do don't give them your bank information or credit card information. They have been taking double payments from my credit card for the last three months. I am on a fixed income and have begged them to stop but they won't. I've put a hold on my credit card and now they are robbing my bank account. This was a company I trusted but it's been the biggest mistake of my life.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I opened a whole life policy by phone. I authorized one premium to be deducted from my account for the first payment but they debited two payments. I called and spoke to a representative who verified that AAA had withdrawn duplicate premiums and he told me he'd contact the billing department and have one payment credited back to me. After 5 days when I hadn't received the refund I called again. This time the representative said there was no record of AAA having drawn more than one payment and there was no notes on the account showing that I had ever spoken to another representative. It's not that an extra payment was drawn in error but that there is no record of the conversation with the first representative I spoke to who confirmed that I'd been overbilled. I am cancelling this account. I would not recommend doing business with this company.

AAA Life Insurance author review by Neal Frankle

The American Automobile Association has over 51 million members and the national headquarters are in Heathrow, Florida. AAA was founded in 1902.

• Product variety: Besides providing roadside assistance, AAA sells term, whole life and UL. AAA started selling life insurance in 1967.

• Member supported: This is a member-supported company. As a result, members might save money on life insurance needs.

• Limitations: AAA offers a very limited menu of life insurance products.

• Ratings: It can be difficult to find the AAA’s insurance ratings.

• History: AAA is relatively new to the insurance industry.

by Neal Frankle Life Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.

AAA Life Insurance Company Information