Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates
  2. Finance
  3. Life Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.80/5

Term Life Insurance Quotes

Protect your loved ones. Check rates against other carriers.

Compare Rates

AAA Life Insurance Reviews

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

After a year of being told, “checks in the mail” for my fathers claim, AAA life insurance said deal with your state it’s not our problem anymore. My Dad paid on his policy and AAA will not pay. Buyer beware you will be out money dealing with these scammers. Scammed in Texas.

AAA Life Insurance response

We have reached out to Charles directly to attempt resolve his concerns.

We appreciate the opportunity to respond.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

My opinion is that the agent I dealt with was very professional. She works out of the Jackson, Michigan office and her name is Mary **. She was good at returning emails, answering phone calls and questions. Much better than the service from Farm Bureau Insurance - Lapland's Battle Creek office as they were rude, made errors, overcharged and did not focus on customer service.

Get expert buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 29, 2019

Submitted paperwork and they stated 10 days for a check to arrive, it is now 6 weeks and all they give to you when called is lies!! They did, however, send an application for life insurance and then another piece a mail at 5 weeks asking for Death Certification and Claimant Statement WHICH was given on Day 1.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Was a term life insurance policy holder for 15 years. Called once in 2012 and another in 2018. Contacted AAA customer service phone number then was transferred to a licensed agent. They never informed me that I couldn’t convert after 80% of policy paid or year 2016 / age of 65 whichever comes first. Please beware of AAA. They promised to review my policy with their mgmt team with a callback. Never called me back after 15 years of being a paying customer. They’re happy to take your money for payment, but no follow through to keep customers. They won’t convert my term policy after I was told by two licensed agents over the years I could convert until end of term policy. Don’t trust the licensed agents. They transfer you to via phone and their mgmt team speaks to you like you’re stupid.

Doesn’t matter what they promise you over phone read every single word of your policy. Two words in my booklet of 12 pages typed out and mailed to me 15 years ago even though their licensed agents told me different has prevented me from converting my policy. 15 years of paying on my policy you would think they would call me back. Two different managers told me a review would take place of my policy to convert. They would listen to my phone calls recorded with the licensed agents over the years and the management team would call me back. They never called nor written any response to me when I was told would get a call back in 48 hours. They don’t care about anything except your payment. Please be aware of their tactics, poor customer service and lying licensed agents.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Whatever you do don't give them your bank information or credit card information. They have been taking double payments from my credit card for the last three months. I am on a fixed income and have begged them to stop but they won't. I've put a hold on my credit card and now they are robbing my bank account. This was a company I trusted but it's been the biggest mistake of my life.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA Life Insurance?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I opened a whole life policy by phone. I authorized one premium to be deducted from my account for the first payment but they debited two payments. I called and spoke to a representative who verified that AAA had withdrawn duplicate premiums and he told me he'd contact the billing department and have one payment credited back to me. After 5 days when I hadn't received the refund I called again. This time the representative said there was no record of AAA having drawn more than one payment and there was no notes on the account showing that I had ever spoken to another representative. It's not that an extra payment was drawn in error but that there is no record of the conversation with the first representative I spoke to who confirmed that I'd been overbilled. I am cancelling this account. I would not recommend doing business with this company.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I paid on a term AAA policy for fifteen years, which expired when I was 75. This was for 25,000. At age 75 I was given the option of changing to a 10,000 permanent life for considerable more premium money. I took the offer and am now 79. I called today to check that everything was ok. Guess what. It was never changed. 25,000 policy lapsed when I was 75. No record of payments for the last 4 yrs. I always thought I was pretty sensible. Guess not.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

This year I turned 55. My insurance premium was $43 per month. It has now been changed starting the 1st of the year to over $70 a month. I have had this policy for over 15 years. I cannot help but think this is a way to get me to cancel the insurance and they get to keep the last 15 years worth of premiums. I also had the same instance with my work supplemental life insurance and also cancelled that. This is ridiculous, as I get older income will become more limited with retirement and I will not be able to afford any life insurance at all!!!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I went into Autoclub to take care of my car insurance and stopped by to get a life insurance quote. I revealed information to the agent as the interview process proceeded. The agent ended up upset, called me a liar several times, went on to say he gave up his lunch for me and how I wasted his time and refused to give me the free gift offered for the quote. I proceeded to ask for my information back which he refused and then I spoke to a supervisor. The supervisor was very nice and gave me a bag explaining how wrong the agents behavior was toward me as I sat there and cried from the abuse. The agents manager then called explaining his behavior was a result of people not giving information as fast as he wanted it.

Needless to say I am shopping quotes online and will not be buying life insurance from them. Especially after these reviews. Autoclub has usually been very dependable but maybe they should stick to car insurance only. I would try Fidelity or New York Life and check with ConsumerAffairs. If I had only dealt with that kind supervisor in the first place I'd have a different opinion about it.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I purchased term life insurance from AAA over couple years ago. My mistake was to place it on automatic payment from my credit card. Suddenly the payment they were taking from my credit card went up 50%. I called to AAA life insurance phone# 800-624-1662. I was explained, that they sent me a letter informing about my payment increase. No such letter was ever received by me. I wasn't aware about the increase. In short: no refund, no credit was issued to me. I cancelled the policy. It wasn't the cheapest policy anyway for equal coverage. I definitely do not recommend purchasing of the life insurance coverage from such scam companies like AAA and similar. Get the policy from reputable insurance company. Thank you for reading.

AAA Life Insurance expert review by Neal Frankle

The American Automobile Association has over 51 million members and the national headquarters are in Heathrow, Florida. AAA was founded in 1902.

• Product variety: Besides providing roadside assistance, AAA sells term, whole life and UL. AAA started selling life insurance in 1967.

• Member supported: This is a member-supported company. As a result, members might save money on life insurance needs.

• Limitations: AAA offers a very limited menu of life insurance products.

• Ratings: It can be difficult to find the AAA’s insurance ratings.

• History: AAA is relatively new to the insurance industry.

by Neal Frankle Life Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.

AAA Life Insurance Company Information