2. Finance

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

About AAA Life Insurance

Find Life Insurance Companies partners near you

AAA Life Insurance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA Life Insurance?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA Life Insurance?

Original review: July 29, 2021

I also have AAA Home Insurance and AAA Auto Insurance. AAA is a company I have done business with this company since 1976. I trust AAA to provide my family with the insurance products it needs. I feel I am well represented and well protected by doing business with AAA.

AAA Life Insurance response

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We’re proud to have you in the AAA family.

Original review: May 24, 2021

I have been a very satisfied customer of AAA for over 50 years, until now. Over the years, we would get promotions for life insurance and/or accident insurance. Years age, I decided, based on their reputation, to obtain accident ins.. A couple of years ago, I had fallen in the house, gone to the ER, checked out, and then went home. AAA was great and I received a check for the ER visit quickly.

In December, my husband Peter **, fell in the house in the middle of the night. When I woke up, he was sitting on the floor, against the bed. He told me he had fallen and then crawled to the bedroom because his side hurt. I asked him if he hit his head and he said he did not think so, however, within 3 hours he was hallucinating, talking about birds in the room and the walls moving and opening up to show stairs going up into the attic, which we do not have. At that point I took him to the ER.

We told them about the fall, his side hurting and the birds, forgot to tell them about the walls moving. He said that he had been in the bathroom and when he put the light out, and turned and stepped into the bedroom carpet, he fell. He thought he had been dizzy and didn't hit his head but his actions didn't indicate that. He said he just felt stupid that he fell and said the first thing he thought happened. The doctor's were concerned, especially because his tests indicated he may be bleeding internally. He was admitted, and over 5 days he was given a needed blood transfusion and subjected to all kinds of tests, upper endoscopy, colonoscopy, lots of imaging etc. but the discharge summery indicated that they never did find the bleeding site but they thought he was stable enough to go home.

I filed a claim and we were promptly paid for the ER visit. However, then they wanted the discharge summery, which I sent them. Then they wanted a copy of all his records for that visit. They received those and when I talked to them March 10th they said the records are still under review. Said should have decision soon. Called many time after that. They kept saying decision soon. Said someone would call me. No one ever called. Even his discharge summary said that they had been unable to find the source of his bleeding, which was the reason they kept him and gave him blood. April 20th I talked to customer service and they said a decision was made and they would notify me shortly. May 21st I called again. Claimed decision letter was sent out April 20th, the day they told me it would be weeks before it would be sent out. I never received it.

She said she would email me a copy, which she did. It was a rejection letter that was full of inaccuracies. I have been a AAA member over 50 years, we have had this accident insurance for years and this was only the 2nd claim we have filed on this policy, one for me and this one for him. This took 5 months and there is no reason why. I am going to fight this because I am sure this was the wrong decision and I bet on social media, there are more people with the same complaints and I am going to try to find them. We deserve better. Indicate that. He said he felt stupid because he fell.

Get buying tips about Life Insurance Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

I bought the life insurance through AAA. Thought it was good. Took it to the funeral home. He sent it in that said it pay back what I paid. Said never had it long enough. Never buy life insurance from AAA. I'm waiting for them to pay me. It's been over 2 months. No check yet. Why are they not answering me? I called that said 10 to 15 days but I feel I should get full $10000 but I bet I won't. They are not who they say they are so don't buy from AAA Life. My school Life ended up paying right away.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

I have been a longtime member of AAA so I got a sort of discount but it wasn't really all that large. I get all sorts of mailings from other companies and the rates really don't vary among all of them nor do they differ much from AAA. The coverages are basically the same. The only reason I chose AAA is because of my convenient and long-term relationship with them although I know they'd not care if I left.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

Our dad passed away on July 13, 2020. We notified AAA Life on July 14, 2020. Since he had not had the policy for two years, we were not entitled to a death benefit but were told we would receive a return of paid premiums. It has been six weeks and AAA Life has all documents they need. I have called four times over these 6 weeks, and each time I am told it will be a week or two more weeks. After reading these reviews, my dad obviously did not read them before he purchased this policy. I would never refer this company to anyone, especially after we have been given the runaround for six weeks now. It is very sad that a company would do this to people they trusted with something as important as life insurance.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I initially called AAA Life Insurance to request a copy of my policies. Upon doing so, I was told that a copy of each would be sent via mail and email. The email never arrived. Because I needed the policies immediately, I called back to ask if they could please send them via email and was told that not only had the previous employee not sent the documents but that this employee could not send it. Try as she might, each time I tried to access the secured document, I received an error message. I was placed on hold to be directed to a supervisor. I hung up after a few minutes and called back. The supervisor sent the first document as a pdf and the other secured. That passcode did not work either.

I called back and the manager would not speak with me, claiming to be occupied. Someone else came to the phone and after berating me and claiming it was my fault, she hung the phone up in my face. I called back and spoke with another gentleman who tried but was still unable to assist me. The passcodes didn't work. I kept requesting additional codes via the site until finally one worked and I was able to download the document. This was a huge lesson for me. I was on the phone with them six times between the hours of 12:24-2:13 p.m. This was the most awful experience I've ever had with customer service.

Good afternoon,

We are sorry you had a bad experience. This is not the type of service we strive to provide. If you are still experiencing difficulties obtaining this document, please email us directly at complaint@aaalife.com and provide us with your personal information so we can assist you further.

Thank you for this opportunity to respond.
      Compliance Department
      AAA Life
      Complaint@aaalife.com OR

Compliance@aaalife.com

Original review: July 20, 2020

If I could give them zero stars for their review, I would. DON'T USE THEM! It was nothing but incompetence and aggravation right from the start. We had decided to get some additional life insurance for myself and my husband. Once they processed the applications, they added my checking account to someone else's policy and we have been paying for him. I've been trying to get the refunded money back since the June. I've called multiple times and no one can do what they say they'll do in giving us back the money. I'm currently on the phone with the same rep that I spoke to on July 9th (today is July 20th) and he's not giving me much as far as help. I had to put a block on my checking account so that they wouldn't charge us anymore for this other person's insurance. Yet they are still charging my account.

Multiple calls and multiples days of aggravation and I'm still not getting a refund. Who do you have to call for help? Now he tells me I have to take the stop off of my account in order to get a refund. REALLY?? And what so you can charge me again? I’m posting this review on every website that I can to let everyone to stay away from AAA Life Insurance. I hope to get this resolved soon.

Dear Valued Member:

AAA Life has opened an investigation into this matter and will be reaching out to you directly, within the next few business days. If you have questions you would like answered before we reach out, please contact us at (800) 684-4222 or complaint@aaalife.com.

Compliance Department

AAA Life Insurance Company

Resolution response: May 6, 2020

Issue Resolved - I would like to thank AAA Life Insurance for immediately responding to my earlier concerns made. A representative from AAA Life Insurance had immediately reached out to me, researched my concerns, and resolved my issue.

Original review: April 30, 2020

All my troubles beginned when a fast-talking sales agent by the name of Zachary **, from AAA Life Insurance, Omaha, NE, called me to sell me life insurance. This happens to be the very same company that would not qualify me for this same exact life insurance the first time I applied for it last year. When I first applied for insurance, the outside company that AAA had referred me to, never came out to finish processing my examine and because of that I canceled the contract.

Long story short, in light of COVID 19, AAA Life aggressively started seeking people out and decided to contact me knowing I still might want life insurance and yes, for the first time, while he still had me on the phone, Mr. **'s fast talked & scammed me into purchasing Flexible Universal Life Insurance. While he still had me on the phone, he had me go to my email that very moment, and had me sign the email he had just sent me allowing AAA Life Company to automatically remove $347.26 from my account each and every month. When I realized that he sold me something that a woman my age didn't really need, I had submitted a written request to cancel the transaction.

When Mr. ** would not cooperate with my written cancellation request, I then contacted my bank-- and the bank was also not able to get my moneies back because I had already signed the EFT before canceling my contract. Here's the thing --the slick salesman that he is, Mr. **, had already started debiting my checking account the very next morning from speaking to him on the phone - (I spoke to him on a Friday evening and when I woke up early Saturday morning the money was already debited from my account --that's just how fast he moved. Please help me if you can. I have all correspondence as proof. Plus I have a letter received Mr. **, who emailed me promising to give me a full refund of all my monies. This letter was received and dated April 20, 2020, long after my bank already tried to get my money back and failed.

Original review: March 21, 2020

I’ve had a policy with AAA for years, I’ve overlooked mistakes and tried to work with them yet now widowed can't risk my life policy being in jeopardy when I have a sick kid to think of. This last incident happens during this crisis. My agent could it quoted wrong payment due date yet he informed aaa of his mistake and requested exemption of case of interruption of my policy yet the management wants to apologize yet have me reinstate which means I’ll have no policy 30-60 days depending a new physical. This is maddening at a time we are in. So I’m done with aaa. They screwed me up twice before. Not getting a fourth chance.

In a crisis honor your policy and mistake and take care of your customer not rob them of their policy. I think they want to increase my rate since I’m older or trying to cancel policies due to crisis. Who knows? It’s terrible way to conduct business for sure. Be aware of them goal. Seems to avoid honoring people policies and keep you paying higher rates by forcing you to reinstate often. SAD!

Dear sirs,

We've reached out to the client directly to investigate her concerns. Thank you for the opportunity to respond.

Compliance
      AAA Life Insurance Company

Complaint@aaalife.com

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

AAA Life Insurance canceled our policy without informing us after we paid them for 5 years. They claimed that they couldn't reach us since we moved. It is a lie. We never for once received any email saying that they tried to reach us through post mail and if we could update our address. All I can say is try to avoid this company if you can!!

Take a Life Insurance Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

AAA Life Insurance author review by Neal Frankle

The American Automobile Association has over 51 million members and the national headquarters are in Heathrow, Florida. AAA was founded in 1902.

• Product variety: Besides providing roadside assistance, AAA sells term, whole life and UL. AAA started selling life insurance in 1967.

• Member supported: This is a member-supported company. As a result, members might save money on life insurance needs.

• Limitations: AAA offers a very limited menu of life insurance products.

• Ratings: It can be difficult to find the AAA’s insurance ratings.

• History: AAA is relatively new to the insurance industry.

by Neal Frankle Life Insurance Contributing Editor

Neal Frankle is a Certified Financial Planner in Los Angeles. He is the publisher of WealthPilgrim.com, an information resource for consumers. He has been a professional financial advisor since 1991 and is the editor of www.MCMHA.org.

AAA Life Insurance Company Information