AAA Life Insurance
3.26/5

Looking for a life insurance company?

AAA Life Insurance

AAA sells a wide variety of insurance types, including auto insurance, home insurance and life insurance. AAA doesn't participate in the InsuraMatch program. If you'd like help selecting the best insurance policy for your needs, contact InsuraMatch to get quotes from their partner insurers. *ConsumerAffairs insurance program, powered by InsuraMatch.

60 AAA Life Insurance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 20, 2015

I have had AAA insurance for my life and home for 8 yrs, and have never had a problem in any way with them, and I love that they don't bombard me with mail I don't need like so many other companies I deal with. I would highly recommend AAA.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2015

I began buying life insurance from AAA Life Insurance Company more than 15 years ago and have always had confidence in them that when needed they would be there to meet my needs. I have converted from a term life policy to a whole life policy. When I called the 800 contact number to convert my policy the representative helped me to choose the right amount of coverage that I could afford at that time. Thanks to them. I feel better about leaving something behind to cover expenses after my death.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2015

It is good to have just in case the unexpected happens. God forbid my family will be taken care of and won't be left with the burden of trying to find or borrow money to try to pay bills or party down with and I won't have to be buried in a cardboard box. Instead I'll be in a fancy pine box with no lid and a bunch of holes thanks to my life insurance.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2015

My insurance company is usually very proficient. They answer all my questions. They help me find the best plan for me. Most representatives are very friendly and usually can help me relatively quickly. I have noticed in the past they oftentimes have a long hold time when communicating by phone. A rep will usually call me once a year to update my information and make any changes needed.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2015

I feel great knowing my husband and I are covered for a great price! There is also a great price for adding riders or children on the life insurance policies. They are always very helpful and amazing and always willing to help in any way they can. We love having our life insurance, car insurance, and home insurance all with the same company! We also have great experience with roadside assistance as well. We always feel great and well taken care of, and we are always happy to call and ask questions! It never hurts to call and get a quote!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AAA?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2015

This insurance company is well known and the products they sell are competitive in the market place. I have not had any problems with AAA and the service from them has been good. The contact information and customer service is readily available and the information I receive thru the mail is always current. I would certainly recommend this company to anyone needing insurance products of any nature.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2015

I really don't have much experience with AAA Life Insurance, other than I have money automatically deducted from my bank account on a monthly basis for my premium. Saying that, I've had no problems with AAA, other than not having success actually logging onto the website so I can see exactly what benefits I have available to me. I've had this policy for more than 20 years. I honestly can't say whether I would or would not recommend them, because I don't know enough, nor do I have enough information, to give an informed opinion. Suffice to say they are an established, reputable company.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2015

AAA is very cheap and affordable for someone who is my age. It's so easy to apply, not very many questions to answer on the application and their customer service is always on point. There's no hassle or haggle. They are straight, direct and to the point. I would recommend to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2015

I have had nothing but good customer service. The rates are reasonable. They even adjusted my payments after I retired. They also help with my wife's payments and made sure we were able to keep our payments as low as possible in order to keep the coverage that we have. They are a class act when it comes to customer service and looking out for their clients.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2015

I am happy with my life insurance because the amount increases each year... I mean the amount due on my death. I have been with them for over forty years and my yearly premium never increases so I think I have very good coverage. They are a well known company so I have no reason my children will get their due when I am gone. What more could I ask for? Because I know I am well covered, this gives me good peace of mind to know that the money will be there. I also like my insurance co. because if I am in a bind and need money I can easily take out a certain amount. I have done this in the past and it was a very easy. I just called them and they sent me a form to fill out and I received what I requested. I do not know if all insurance companies would enable me to do this but mine does so that is another reason my insurance co. is the best.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2015

The truth I'm too pleased with my life insurance because every time I've needed your assistance has been timely and effective in a complete look... Until now no complaints of it and wanted to continue in the same way though if I would like to note that sometimes waiting times are variants leaving some uncertainty in its response.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2015

I am satisfied with my coverage of AAA life insurance. I have had the policy for many years now. The representative came to my home to discuss and ask questions to determine whether or not I would qualify for their insurance. Once I qualified it was a quick process to get everything finalized. I don't have a large policy with them but it will help my family cover funeral expenses when the time comes.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2015

I'm a new member of this life insurance and I have had no bad experience with it up til now. I am very, very, very happy with their service. They have different plans and are even affordable and attainable. It sure, sure, sure is a very good company. I have nothing to complain about the service of this company.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2015

I like their services. It's easy to communicate and I been using it for like 5 years now. They never fail to impress me, got everything I need. It provide my family a better insurance. Low payment deductible, worth to join. They are there when you need them. Better than other insurance that I use to have before. I will keep this for very long time as I lived! Thank you very much for your service to the customer like me!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2015

I have several different insurance policies w/ triple AAA. Their auto insurance policy is above and beyond. It has been there for me more than once just w/ a tow truck in an emergency breakdown situation. My Homeowners policy is gold standard. Once, during an extremely high-wind storm, a large tree fell on my garage, crushing an entire side in. The AAA guy was there the day after the storm and had a construction crew was at my home the next day. The repairs were completed in 3 days and AAA immediately made follow-up contact w/ me. AAA is not inexpensive, but it's worth the cost.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2015

I signed up for a whole life insurance policy with AAA Life and I have had no issues since 2011 when the policy was issued. I have a local agent and they have earned my trust. I understand that most people on here are discouraged. However, life insurance policies are for investment purposes and must be treated as such and maintained just like a relationship.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2015

Life insurance really are a ripoff to me. You have to pay a life time then a take you through so much to get life insurance. They want to know your whole life history then if you have a condition such as asthma or COPD they up your insurance or don't want to insure you.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2015

Easy to work with, friendly, reliable, reputable company who I would recommend to friends and family. Good rates and fast quotes with easy to understand language.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2015

I've had no problems with my life insurance company. Would highly recommend them to others. Rates and premiums are among the best I've seen in a long time.

Original review: April 6, 2015

I was told when I purchased your ins that accident by or an electric wheel chair were covered - now I am told you do not cover electric wheel chairs. Please explain why your salespeople and your staff claim adjuster would say this is covered - is a claim occurring in an electric wheel chair covered???

Original review: March 11, 2015

Original review: Jan. 13, 2015

My father passed away Dec.15, 2014. He had a life insurance policy with AAA, which he had paid on for years and was never late on a single payment. On the policy it states that my mother is to receive 50% and my 4 brothers and myself are each to receive 10% after all funeral expenses are paid. It also states on the policy that all funds would be released within 10 business days after the policy holder is deceased. It had now been 28 days and nobody has received anything other than an excuse every time we call to find out why we have not received our checks.

If my father had known how incompetent this Insurance Company is, he would have never given them a dime. This company lacks customer service and they do not honor their end of their own policy whatsoever. I would never leave my family the burden of having to deal with this company's ignorance just to have what I left them.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2013

I only had my life insurance for a short time. About three months. One of my main concerns was will I get my money back if I cancel? I was told I would. I did need to cancel and got one lousy payment back. Buyer beware!!!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2013

We purchased a $50,000 life insurance policy from AAA - soon after that my 50-year-old husband died of lung cancer. He did not smoke, and had never smoked! In January 2009, he had a physical. All was well. In March, he participated in my son's Eagle scout project - He died June 14, 2009. Only 4 weeks prior to his death - he began having problems. Because he had not had the policy 1 year, AAA launched an investigation getting medical records - they cited (honest!!!) his high cholesterol & a fatty cyst that had been removed a few years prior, saying we did not properly fill out application.

I reported it to the NC dept of insurance - and the quick response indicated to me they never investigated anything. $50,000 was not enough money to interest an attorney to take on a large company. So after multiple letters requesting they re-evaluate their decision, they issued my refund for premiums paid. That was that. Since that time, AAA has continued to send me offers to purchase their insurance. I have noticed they have changed their application questions. My husband was never sick, was in seemingly good health, had annual physicals, wellness visits etc. When he began having noticeable symptoms, his doctor thought he had gall bladder issues - but when they did a p. scan he was found to have cancer in all his organs. It was phenomenal in the worst way. AAA has made a terrible time in my life that much worse - as my husband had no other insurance. There was never anything in his medical records to indicate he may, might or could have cancer - never any questionable issues. Only factor was the policy was not in effect for the 1 year.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2013

My mother had a whole life policy through AAA less than a year and she recently passed away in August 2013 and I'm the beneficiary. I reported her death the same day and signed some few forms (claims) and told to write down a few sentences concerning her death (how she died). I went in the office after receiving the death certificate. The agent who sold me the policy told me shouldn't take longer than two weeks. I wanted the funds to go to direct deposit. Been three weeks now and nothing. So I call the agent to get an update and now she said they are waiting to get medical release from her doctor.

Since her policy is less than a year, they have to do some investigation. She advised me to give the clinic a call and I did that but the clinic never received any type of letter or fax from AAA. So I called the agent back and left her a voice mail since she's probably busy but never heard anything from her for three days so I decided to call the 1800 numbers on the policy and explain the situation. And now this customer person is saying that they did receive the claim paperwork and are waiting for this company called: "ICS" to get medical records from her doctor and that someone will be contacting me. I have not heard anything from them!

I asked the customer how long it will take. She said six months to a year. I offer to get the medical records for them but she said I couldn't do that and it's up to the ICS to get it. And that I have to wait and hear from them! Been four weeks and have not heard anything from anyone! I am so frustrated with this company! They don't live up to their words. On the policy, it stated clearly that if the insurer dies and policy is still in full force they will pay out to beneficiary. I don't see funds in my account!! This company just delays so they don't have to pay and will come up with dirt just so they will deny you without a good cause! So please pass on the words about this company, nothing but a fraud!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2013

I spoke with an agent of triple A Life insurance to get a quote for me. So I just realized they have been withdrawing from my account for the last five months and I never received any policy. I tried to get an interview with him and he told me he was busy with a few church meetings. What type of company is this? If there is anybody in the company who can fix this, I appreciate to have my money back - reinstated back in to my bank account. I am totally unsatisfied with this.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2013

I signed up for a $200,000 policy. It was issued at a reasonable price. I set up up everything on the automatic payment option and forgot about it. Now two years later, I just happened to look and noticed rather large withdrawals coming out of my account on a quarterly basis and discovered that they had doubled my initial premium. I have not had one illness. Nothing has changed health-wise (a clean bill of health). I guess I should have known better. I wrote to them tonight telling them to cancel my policy. Unbelievable how they raised the rates so quickly.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2012

Fraudulent agency - In January 2012, I dropped off a change of payment information with a copy of the contact and deposit ticket in the mail drop box at the AAA Daly City office. May 2012, I received a letter from AAA stating that my above mentioned life insurance policy has been terminated due to breach of payment. I was shocked because I did my share to inform AAA of my new payment information and it is set up to be auto withdrawal each month. I tried numerous times to resolve the issue with AAA and was suggested by the Daly City office agent, ** that they can reinstate the policy if I agreed to do a new physical examination. I feel that this is not a proper and ethical business conduct because my life policy was terminated without any advance notification.

There was no phone call or registered mail from AAA prior to the termination. However, they had contacted me via phone and mails for other issues and I wonder why AAA did not even try to contact me at all for such a big decision, termination of my life policy. This is a long term investment for any individual and should not just change or terminate without trying their best to contact their customer. I also talked to their Daly City office manager and was told that they have been having problems with their mails in the drop box.

As a customer, I did my share to inform AAA of the changes and if there is any problem, AAA should contact me instead of making the decision on their end only. AAA had been a very reputable insurance company and consumer trusted their business integrity. In this case, I feel that they tried whatever method to terminate a life policy after they had made enough money from that particular person. I demand AAA to reinstate my life insurance policy without any condition. Furthermore, they should implement an improvement in their inbox system and monitor their contacting system with their clients on situation like my case.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2011

I took a policy with AAA back in July of 2006. I was told that this policy was a Return on Premium Policy; which was explained to me that if I decided for any reason to cancel my policy, AAA would refund the premiums I had paid in. I acknowledged that I was interested so AAA sent a representative to my office to perform a physical exam. The lady who came also reiterated that the policy had a Return on Premium.

In April of 2011, I incurred expenses that has made it had to sustain this policy. So I called the insurance company thinking I could maybe borrow from it and was told that I only had the option to cancel the policy and get my premium refunded. In July, I called AAA again to ask how this process would work. At that time, I was told I would need to send in a written statement or send back my monthly bill with cancel written on it and to make sure I signed and date it. I did so on July 25th.

On July 30th, I called to see if my cancellation notice had been received and if there was anything else I needed to do. I was told, at that time, AAA had not received it but I could wait until August 18th and just let my policy laps. I decided not to wait so I faxed a second notice. I called the beginning of August and was told that I would receive a notice in the mail. I got a notice today, August 12th, stating that AAA had canceled my policy on June 18th and would not be sending me a refund.

I called and spoke with a representative who informed me that I had to have the policy for 6 years before they would refund me. I explained that I was not informed of that at anytime. I specifically called to find out about canceling the policy and getting a refund twice before I canceled, and at no time, did anyone told me that I wasn't eligible. I was lead to believe a refund would be given. If someone had told me this, I could have made a way to keep my policy until next year which would have met the criteria. I really feel duped by AAA.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2010

About 8 years ago, we purchased 3 life insurance policies, one for my husband, myself, and one for our then 10 year old daughter. I have been paying monthly for the premiums, and my husband, and my account have been gaining interest and money, we can borrow against. Last month, my daughter's policy did not come out of my checking account, and I contacted AAA Life. who told me that the policy was under funded when it was written, and that in 2008, 2 years ago, they were supposed to contact me, and tell me that it needed to be changed.

This never happened. We are not told that we have to pay $146.00 to have the policy updated, or re-write the policy, however the money I've invested into the policy will be gone, along with any interest that was supposed to be there over the last 8 years, and that this has happened to a lot of people, and only found due to an audit. I was one of the lucky ones, because I only have to pay $146.00, while others have to pay thousands.

When I talked to my rep and asked her who I should contact at the corporate offices, she gave me a name and phone number, and told me that it would not be a good time to call, as this person told her to say that to me, and that she would not be accepting any calls. I have left messages for AAA corporate offices to call me, and I have gotten no response. They have my updated information, changes in address etc., and still i hear nothing about a mistake on their part and that I have to pay for them to correct. But I'm lucky! My daughter's policy is now in limbo, and all they are saying is to re-write it, and all the money I invested is gone.

I am legally disabled, and coming up with money to get the policy right, is a hardship, and should be taken care of my AAA Corp., who's agent wrote the policy, and who's audit found it, when it should have been caught over 2 years ago. I understand we are not the only ones. We have lost the interest on money that could have been there for our daughter, no matter how small, as well as all the money we spent on the policy over the last 8 years.

AAA Life Insurance Company Information