1.85/5
Based on 59 reviews that contain star ratings

Find a recommended home builder & developer now

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

88 Woodside Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
    Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Repairs and offers never granted. HOA had a lot of complaints from all residence. Extensions on driveways allowances are big enough few gold carts maybe. Repairs are never done the 1st year. Draining system installed in back cause flooding. Bad builder. Structural problems, electrical, cabinets, dryer vent problems, interior and exterior problems. Warning. Please do not buy this home.

Woodside Homes response

Hi Dee. Thanks for getting in touch with your concerns. We appreciate your feedback. I'd like to have a few more people in the division where you live look at your concerns and get in touch with you. I'll send you a private message via Consumer Affairs and if you're willing, please provide me your full name, address and a good way for the division to contact you. Thanks!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

The home buying process was easy and all staff involved were pleasant. My super and assistant were both amazing and all my needs were addressed immediately. Even when something wasn’t under warranty it was still a priority to them to ensure I was happy with our new home. Excellent home buying experience and exceptional quality.

Woodside Homes response

Hi Matthew! Thank you for the kind words, we appreciate it. So happy to have been able to provide you with a good experience!

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

We purchased our home back in May. Just sign the papers to move in December 22. We got our keys on 12/24. We had the inexpensive flooring taken out and having new laminate wood flooring put down. The flooring is so far off that we have to pay extra money to have the floor fixed from what Woodside should have had done right the 1st time. I was told by one of the women in the corporate office who deals with the construction that it was OK to be off that much if you're putting carpet down... I guess they don't have to follow the guidelines were city ordinances. With this we have more delays and more money out of our pocket again. I wish Woodside could just get it right the 1st time. So many things were wrong on our walkthrough. I think the funniest thing is that we have 2 different colored brick walls and they tried to tell us it was from age but it's not from age it's 2 completely different colors and it looks so funny.

Woodside Homes response

Thanks for your review, Donna. We appreciate the feedback.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Nice Superintendent and Customer Service is awesome. Overall experience with Woodside is positive, most of that goes to the help of the customer service rep when I need issues complete that were covered under the 1 year warranty. I just wish Woodside would offer at least a minimum of 2 years.

Woodside Homes response

Hi Manny! Thanks for your review! I'm going to provide your feedback about the warranty to our Corporate office for them to consider for the future. Have a good one!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Woodside Homes has a very good warranty policy and a great customer service representative for warranty issues. Joe ** was assigned to our area and he has done an awesome job with follow up and completion of any issues we have had with the home. No fuss or "I will have to get back to you" with any response from Joe. He knows which subcontractor to call and who he wants to have sent out to address any issue so it is resolved the first time.

Woodside Homes response

Hi Roger! Thanks for your kind review. Glad Joe and his team are taking care of you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woodside Homes?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

We almost purchased our home through another home builder, but it fell through and we couldn't be happier that it did. We were not satisfied with the service we received. Because of this, we were hunting last minute for a home and found Woodside on a last minute search. As soon as we saw the model homes and spoke with Diane, the sales rep, we were sold. We've been in our home exactly one year, and we couldn't be happier with our home and the entire home building/buying process. I highly recommend Woodside.

Woodside Homes response

What a great story! Thanks for sharing it with everyone, Sabrina!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Our journey started December 5th 2016 in Las Vegas Nevada. After traveling back and forth to the Central Valley looking at several housing companies we settled in on Woodside homes Black Oaks. We signed with Woodside homes to build us a home in December 2016. Two months later I retired from the Clark County School District after a little more than 35 years. Three months later after selling our home in Las Vegas we moved to Visalia. May 7 2017 was our last day in Las Vegas. We leased a home for 6 months while Woodside built our new home. As luck would have it our new home was ready within days of our 6 month lease being up on October 31st 2017. We finished moving from the lease and into our new home November 7th 2017.

So in less than a year we retired, packed everything up moved the 350 miles with several rental trucks unpacked what we needed in the leased house and rental storage unit, packed up again and moved the 2 miles into our new home. That’s was our journey. Now for the great people at Woodside homes Black Oaks. I don’t know if our journey would have been successful if not for the people at Black Oaks. First Atzimba. What can I say she made every step of the way easy. As you would think this was a very stressful undertaking being in another state while buying a home. Atzimba took care of all our concerns in every way. She kept us informed by phone and email of everything that was happening.

While we understood that this was also a very busy time for Woodside homes to and that Atzimba would not always be available there was Yolanda. Yolanda was there for us to answering any questions we may have had. The two of them make an unbeatable team. The construction. What can I say I know for a fact that if it hadn’t been for Mike ** our home would not have been completed on time for us to move in before our 6 month lease was up. Mike was on top of it. From our point of view with the number of houses under construction at the time and the number of closing’s that needed to happen before the end of 2017 it was nothing short of miracle for Mike to get our home done on time.

Remember we were now living in Visalia, retirement and living only 2 miles from our new home. So needless to say we saw the progress and took pictures on a daily basis. Mike was there also every step of the way at the walkthroughs as the construction progressed. Since we are retired and this is our last house we put a lot of upgrades into our house. Mike made sure every one of those upgrades was in place before moving to the next step.

After moving in. Then there was John from customer service. John came by and introduced himself and made sure we knew that if anything was wrong with our home he would be there for us to make sure it got fixed right away. We had very few problems and they all were minor. When John moved from Black Oaks Visalia to Woodside in Tulare Doc took over and the customer service was uninterrupted. We just had our 1 year walk through and everything was as expected. Nothing wrong. Doc inspected our entire home inside and out with us and we found nothing wrong. So that is our journey from beginning to end. Because of the Woodside family that we feel a part of we can now live our happily ever after 30 minutes from our family and grandchildren in Selma instead of 6 hours in Las Vegas. Thank you Atzimba, Yolanda, Mike, John, Doc and Woodside homes.

Woodside Homes response

This is so great! What great feedback. Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We will share this with our Central Valley team.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

We are very pleased with the craftsmanship and products used in building our home. The staff that helped us with any questions or changes that where needed was taken care with the Best Care from their staff. Thank you for being there when we needed you and for all your time.

Woodside Homes response

Thank you for the great review! We truly appreciate it.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

We purchased a home in Visalia, CA on July 14, 2018, and were told by the saleswoman who signed us that the house would be ready by mid December. It is now 3 months later (today's date is October 12, 2018) and there has been nothing done on our lot. Which is amazing, because we have given Woodside Homes more than 10% in cash for our home and upgrades. We don't understand why we had to give all of that cash if nothing is being done on our lot. VERY FRUSTRATING! Buyers beware. We are at least hoping someone from Woodside Homes replies to us to let us know what the heck is going on! We sold our home but, thank goodness our buyers are allowing us to rent back the home while our house is being built. But, we can't even give our buyers a date of when we can give them their home. I would have not have given ANY stars on the rating but this requires you choose at least one star. Sketch!

Woodside Homes response

Hi Charles! Thanks for getting in touch. Would it be alright if I loop in a few more minds over in our Central Valley division for them to look into your concerns here? I'll send you a private message via Consumer Affairs and if you're willing, please provide me your full name, the community you're building in and the best way for them to contact you. Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

We purchased a home in Rocklin, Ca in 2016. Initially we were pleased with our purchase and Woodside. It wasn't until we began to have issues with our home that needed repair that things went downhill. Prior to getting the keys to our new home, we asked the site foreman, Joel, if there needed to be a retaining wall built at the base of a hill that was directly in front of the A/C unit. We were told "No" and that "It was not in your plans" meaning the blueprint for the home lot. Fast forward a few months when we had a Rocklin City Inspector come to our home for a solar permit inspection. He wanted to know why we did not have a retaining wall at the base of this hill that was in front of our A/C unit. We relayed to him the response that we had received from Joel. Long story short, the inspector forced Woodside to build the retaining wall due to the home being in violation without one.

Next, I noticed that when the toilet in the master bathroom upstairs was flushed rushing water could be heard (very clearly) running down the wall inside the wall in the kitchen. I expressed this concern to multiple Woodside employees (even at the corporate office) and was told this was "normal" and they did nothing about it. I have lived in two-story homes before and have never experienced the sound of running water from the second floor coming down a wall. Another issue we brought up was a hairline crack that we noticed on our tile floor (first floor) that went from the wall to the kitchen island (this affected five (5) tiles). Woodside sent someone to fix these tiles and that contractor told us that the problem was with the slab underneath the tile and we would continue to have cracked tiles unless the issue was fixed. He repaired the five (5) tiles and left.

Fast forward to December 2017 and I noticed another hairline crack that began at the door to the garage and was making its way across the dining room. We contacted Woodside and was told we would hear from someone. We had to contact Woodside a second time and they sent someone out to take photos of the damage and said we would be contacted to set up repairs. No one ever contacted us. We continued to contact Woodside and even noticed more hairline cracks in various areas across the first floor. As of today, we have received in writing from Woodside that "Repairs were complete & condition resurfaced with great degree of failure." We have been in contact with multiple people from Woodside who have taken photos of the damage and all have said they will get this fixed. It is not fixed and we are getting the run-around from Woodside.

Recently, we had a contractor at our home and told us there is a visible crack in the foundation in the garage near the door into the house (where that interior crack began) and another crack in the foundation just outside our back door (where another interior crack has begun). We notified Woodside of this and we have sent photos. We have not heard from anyone. We have contacted various big name businesses to get bids on what it would cost us to do a floating floor over the existing tile and no one will float a floor.

We have been told that the existing tile must be removed so any issues with the slab could be fixed and these companies stated they would not be able to warranty their work by installing a floating floor over tile that is already defected. We have given these bids to Woodside along with this information and we have heard nothing. I realize Woodside wants to ensure they make the right business decisions, but all we are asking is to have our floor fixed in a way that ensures we will not continue to have cracks throughout our first floor tile. I do not feel that is an unfair request.

Woodside Homes response

Hello Jennifer! Thanks for your feedback. It really is important for us to receive it. It's unfortunate that you're having flooring issues. What I'd like to do is to pass your feedback over to a few additional people in the Northern California division for them to review and get back to you on. I'll send you a private message via Consumer Affairs and if you're willing, please provide me your full name, address and the best way for them to contact you. Thanks!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I have had similar experiences as many others have had with Woodside Homes. We purchased a home in the Cielo development in Summerlin, Las Vegas, Nevada after being transferred to Southern Nevada in the Military. From the moment we went to contract to the closing and through the initial warranty period it was a nightmare for my neighbors and my family. Currently at the three year mark my exterior stucco is failing and exposing the frame to the elements in two places. When the Warranty agent arrived he laughed and told my wife it was no big deal and it wasn't in warranty anymore and there was nothing they could do. I found this to be unacceptable that the agent acted this way to my wife and secondly that he found it to be no big deal that the exterior was failing. To me this is an indicator of poor workmanship and something that needs to be fixed and honored in good faith by the builder.

Woodside Homes response

Hello Barron! Thanks for your feedback. We always strive to provide a great home building experience, so I'd like to pass this on to a few more people at our Nevada division for them to look into your concerns. I'll send you a private message via Consumer Affairs where you can provide me your full name and the best way to contact you. Thanks!

Resolution response: Dec. 30, 2018

My warranty problems were resolved after I wrote to Consumer Affairs for help.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Woodside Homes Kensington Estates Gilbert AZ - I just don't write when I have a complaint, if I receive good service I also would comment. Nothing good about Woodside warranty, I have been waiting months for repairs to be completed. I'm on my third warranty person. Too many problems to list here. We should be enjoying a new home, instead nothing but aggravation and inconvenience.

Woodside Homes response

Hi Robert. Thanks for providing us your feedback. It's important for us to hear. It's unfortunate you're experiencing delays with your warranty work. Let's get your concerns in front of a few more people at our Arizona division office so they can see how to help you. I'll send you a private message via Consumer Affairs and if you're willing, please provide me your full name, address and the best way for them to contact you. Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Our family signed the papers in March for our new home with Woodside at Cadence in Henderson NV. We were told the house would be complete in September at the signing by the salesperson. After that we had a meeting with salesperson and the building superintendent and it went to sometime in October... not when but sometime. After another one of their Monday meetings we went for October to 2nd week in November. Then we did a walkthrough on the home and now we're told December not when in December but sometime in December.

We have tried to see if Woodside Corp. Office in Las Vegas would help and try to get the house done any earlier but it just seems to be every time we asked about the house they set the date out more... almost like they would rather have us gone... They did offer us our money back if we were not happy. We just want it done in a reasonable time... not 3 months or more after the date the salesperson gave us.

We have sold 2 homes to purchase this home. Move out date was set for October 30th... After October 30th we have no place to live. It is almost like they would rather have us just be gone then try to fix any of the problems that have happened with this house. We love this model we've picked out. It is a large home and it is a next generation home where 3 generations will be living.

Woodside Homes response

Hello Donna. Thanks for your feedback. It's unfortunate that there have been delays in your home building process. We want to make sure you're happy and will try everything possible to do that. What I'd like to do is loop in a few more people in our Nevada division for them to review your situation and see if there's a way to help. I'll send you a private message via Consumer Affairs and if you're willing, please provide me your full name and the best way for them to reach you. Thanks.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

This is about the new home purchased with Woodside Homes in Hillingdon Lot 245, Roseville, California. First time we went to Woodside Homes Hillingdon in March of 2017. We really liked the 3113 plan so we put our name on interest list. We used to go and follow-up with sales team all most every couple weeks. Because they were at phase 7-8 and a lot we picked lot number 245 with was in phase 10 or 11. They didn't have any official paperwork of interested home buyer. They kept on changing the salesperson, and new salesperson didn't even know who we are.

So we have put our name with three different salesperson to make sure we are the first for lot 245. (With all salesperson, Kristine, James and Marchelle) Come on you guys are selling home not $100 thing and you don't even keep track of interested home buy when new salesperson comes in hand over the list to new salesperson but Marchelle was the best salesperson. Woodside Homes please keep things in order and train your sales team.

Basically we are so patient and waited for our phase get opened and signed purchase agreement in Feb 2018 and paid $5000 of earnest money deposit. To be honest, from first day to signed purchased agreement we went to sales office more 20 times to follow up. Home was started built and foundation was also done at that time. Therefore we didn't even get enough time to choose our option and upgrade in our new home. We were given only time date in which 3 hours, we had to choose all the option and upgrade. There was no flexibility change design center appointment because the home was already started building. Anyways we choose our options and paid $13,** to design center. (Anyways I will not recommended anyone to doing any business with Woodside Homes!)

But you know what, even we are waiting for our phase to get realized, but our home was started building before the purchased agreement signed by us, and honestly we missed out some of the cut of already for electrical which we wanted in our home. We wanted two dum lights next to garage doors, which (you would assume should be included in base price) but it was not. But they didn't even put that pre-wire for that lights. (Have anyone seen any home with dum light both side or even one side of garage door.)

So the take is, how they could start building the home even they had interested buyer before sign purchase agreement. (Even honestly: Tim "who was electrical guy was surprise and he said that, he never seen something like this before, even they had interested buy and started building home before purchase agreement.) Also we supposed to get everyone week email with updates and progress of our home with pictures but we never ever received even one email. I would not recommend anyone to do business with Woodside Homes.

We are the first time home buyer. We were getting better rates than their preferred lender so we choose to get with outside lender. (Home price was $567,**.) But due to some our loan get delay by 1 days they asked us to pay $10,000 more on home. Due to delay on loan, we were ready to pay off the HOME WITH FULL CASH. We went to Woodside Homes Folsom Corporate office and talked to President Scott, Felicia Sales & Marketing Director and Evelyn **, Escrow Manager. But honestly we are emotional attached to home so we went ahead paid $5,000 more for the home due to just 1 day delay.

Also they all knew that we are very interested in this home and they already around $20,** so at that point they had nothing to lose and they can ask whatever want for the home. That is not good business people to work with. Even I was told that if I don't close with cash in 1 day they will put my home in market for sale. (How they can say that??) So ended up closing CASH for $5000 more $573,**. (Anyways I will not recommended anyone to doing any business with Woodside Homes!)

We would like our $5,000.00 down payment or at least half of it to be refunded to us as soon as possible! Woodside Homes had done nothing for us to deserve this money, and this so called home was already started built long before we signed purchase agreement with Woodside Homes of Roseville Hillingdon!!! This is not good way to treat a home buyer! My advice to you is to think twice before entering into doing any business with Woodside Homes!

Woodside Homes response

Hello Varun. Thanks for providing us your feedback. I apologize for the frustration you've experienced. I'd like to put you back in touch with our Northern California division office for them to review your situation. I'll send you a private message via Consumer Affairs and if you're willing, please provide me your full name and contact info so they can get in touch with you. Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Since I moved into the home, nothing but problems with this home. First, they wired the home incorrectly and tried to deny it until I had a real electrician come out and call them out on it. The wood for the landing at the top of the first set of stairs was coming apart. They say this is an energy saver home which is a lie. My electric bill is high and only 2 adults and a baby live there and we are gone during the day. The upper level of the home is extremely hot. I'm pretty sure they did not insulate it properly or failed to insulate it at all. The garage is also extremely hot. I've never had a home with a garage that was that hot. It's like a sauna in there. Everything that they have put into the home is the bottom of the barrel quality from the fixtures, lights, etc.

I've had issues with my water heater, the electricity in my garage has a short. I'm lucky if my garage door will open when I come home or try to leave. They did a poor job with the paint inside and outside of the home. We live in the city and there are scorpions on the property. They must have been carried onto the property by the materials brought in to build the homes. The quality of the home is horrible. They are not made right. And when I tried reporting the issues to their foreman or whatever he is, he was a complete jerk. He acts like you are inconveniencing him. The list goes on for my Woodside Home which is located at the Villages At Westridge Park. I will never buy another Woodside Home and I will advise my family and friends to think twice as well before purchasing a Woodside Home. I've been in this home less than 2 years and am planning on selling it because I am unhappy with it.

Woodside Homes response

Hello Tina. Thank you so much for your feedback here. I'm sorry for your frustrations. I'd like to try and help you by passing your statements on to a few more people in our Arizona division. I'll send you a private message via Consumer Affairs and if you're willing, please provide me your full name, contact information and address and someone will get in touch with you. Thanks again for your feedback. Have a good day.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

This review is for Woodside Homes in Layton Lakes Community in Chandler, Arizona. Worst customer service that you can receive from a builder after they built my home. They installed a defective dishwasher in my unit, and in the 1st year, I had issues with dishwasher and they got GE involved with and get it repaired. After 2 years once again my dishwasher stopped working. I asked Customer services that dishwasher shall last at least 5 years or so and if they can do something to help me to repair it. They simply neglected me and asked me to contact GE and pay for it as they can only give warranty for 1 year. They are installing cheap appliances in the homes. I lived in multiple homes for 10 years before and we did not have any issue with dishwasher. Denise **, Winnie, Clarian **, Rick from Monark Appliances are all involved with it and don't trust these guys.

Woodside Homes response

Hello Vamsi. Thanks for providing your feedback here. It's unfortunate that you're still having issues. We've partnered with GE for our appliances because of their dependability and customer service. If a machine ever has issues, they've been great to work with we feel. If you'd like I can get you in touch with our Customer Service team in AZ again and see if they can reach out to GE about your issue. I'll send a private message here to get your contact information if you're willing. Thanks!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Reading the reviews here they are so negative. I figured I should respond and share my experience. I had a home built by Woodside Homes in Cascade which is located in Vineyard Utah. Before I had them build I read all the reviews on multiple websites. And I would see stories about low-quality wall outlets or that the finishing where low quality. Looking at builders in Vineyard I noticed most the builders in Vineyard force you to pay higher prices with all of the upgrades. The other builders were about 50k higher than the base price of Woodside Homes. So I think a lot of the negatives reviews are people wanting the upgraded home for the downgraded price.

So I bought my home in December 2017 and it has been great. I’ve had a few issues and I'm worked on them with the builder. For example somehow the dryer vent got missed and was stuccoed over. And when we told them they has a plumber there fixing it the next day. I’m still working with then some a couple things but overall I think there quality and service is very good.

Also the day I closed I could comparable homes in the area selling for at least 50k more than I paid. I feel like I got a very good value. Yes I had to wait for it to be built but it was worth it. They allowed me and my family to come by anytime we wanted and look at the progress of the home being built which was a lot of fun. They allowed us to have a “radon test” which they did not have too. They were very accommodating.

Most the new homes being built in Vineyard have 15 feet in the front yard and 15 feet in the backyard, and 5 feet on each side from the property lines. Since purchased and largest lot they had available. I wanted to direct them on where to place the house. Which I think that is an unusual request. After working with them I was able to have a large amount of land on one side of the house and a small amount of land on the other side. And now my kids will have a larger area to play in.

Their customer service is very fast if it is in the first 30 days. The only negative is after 30 days when reporting issues they won't start until you email them the issue. And you have to pester them some, unless it is more of an emergency situation. They were fast on the dryer vent issue which was after the 30 days. But I try to keep in mind they're working on I bet hundreds of issues. I bet they have built over 500 homes within a 10 mile radius of my home. Thanks Woodside Homes.

Woodside Homes response
    Hi Bradley! Thank you so much for the kind words! We are so glad you like your home and are pleased with the experience. We are always striving to provide a great experience from A to Z.

I'm glad you mentioned that you've had to "pester" us to work on your warranty requests. I will take that feedback and pass it on to our Utah division for them to use as a means of improving themselves. Customer feedback is very important for us to be able to hone our processes and product. Thanks again!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Woodside Homes is engaged in at least four illegal actions. I am a co-buyer. Woodsides Homes will not allow us to choose an independent lender. If we choose our own, we must pay 100% of the options up front and a large down payment. Further, if we obtain our own lender, the contract states that Woodside may cancel the contract and keep the deposit. This is a violation of the following: 1) RESPA (Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act); 2) Civil Code 1675 as to the threat of liquidated damages; 3) Civil Code 3275 as to forfeiting the deposit, 4) Dodd-Frank Act - which forbids lenders and homebuilders to engage in abusive acts against a buyer.

Woodside Homes contracts require buyers to use THEIR lenders at a higher cost and the buyer is sanctioned with higher costs if they want to use their own lender. I don't expect anyone on this website to provide any apologies as this is the way the corporation (run out of Utah) handles the business. Buyers should beware. The initial sales agent in our situation was completely unethical. The district manager was also unethical in the way he handled our transaction. Woodside Homes is affiliated with Caliber Loans in the Sacramento Region and Woodside Homes, as one of their premier clients, controls them. I had an experience when after speaking to the district manager - he called Caliber Loans and instructed them to tell us we were out of loan compliance - after our heated phone conversation. I welcome questions about this.

Woodside Homes response

Hello Susan. Thank you so much for providing us your feedback. It really is important for us to see. I'd like to get more information from you in order to pass it along to the division in which you're looking to buy. I'd like to rope in a few more people in that division to have them review everything in an effort to help you. I'll send you a private message via Consumer Affairs, and you can provide me your name, address and contact information for them to reach you at if you're willing. Thanks!

Original review: July 31, 2018

We have recently moved into the Woodside Homes at the Stillwater location. After doing our initial walkthrough on a Monday we saw many problems and requested them to be fixed. We were told all issues would be resolved before or on the day that we signed for our home. Trusting Woodside Homes, we signed and put a down payment of $60,000 not including the initial fees. It has been going on to week 3 and we still have not heard back on getting our house items repaired! We have attempted email, text, and in person contact with negative results, or replies. This shows that they do not care about you or your home, or take any liability to what they promise. If you plan on buying do not sign for anything until it has been corrected!

Woodside Homes response

Hello Kris. Thanks for this feedback. We appreciate receiving it. We at Woodside always intend to provide a streamlined process including repairs. I apologize that you've experienced some headache with yours. I'd like to learn more so that we can take this to a few others in the Utah division who can weigh in on it in an effort to improve our service to you. I'll send you a private message where you can tell me more and provide your contact information for us to get in touch. Thanks!

Original review: July 16, 2018

We love our new home and the area we are in, but dealing with Woodside has been a nightmare. They supposedly give you a year warranty to get things in your new home fixed (and building with them, you'll definitely need to)... But they'll do anything they can to get out of fixing things that shouldn't even need to be fixed after just ONE year! They won't get back with you no matter how many times you try to contact them. Their customer service is absolutely horrible. Do yourself a favor and go with another builder if you're considering building.

Woodside Homes response

Hello Jessica! Thank you so much for providing us this feedback. We truly do appreciate it. We'd like to learn more about your situation so that we can either help you with your needs or improve our processes. I will send you a private message via Consumer Affairs and if you're willing, feel free to tell us your address and contact information so we can dive into this.

Original review: July 1, 2018

On April 17, 2018, we viewed a some homes by Woodside Homes of Arizona, LLC at Eastmark Legacy Series in Mesa, Az. We viewed the Desire model and liked it, but wanted a smaller model the Manor. The sales agent did not have a model of the Manor that we could view anywhere. The sales rep stated that the Manor looked like the Desire model but a little smaller and is a Inventory/ Spec. Home. On April 19, 2018, we were required to place a $5,000.00 down payment toward the purchase of a $373,000.00 home, which we did.

On June 5, 2018, we attended a official walk thru with the Woodside Superintendent at Lot 3023, 10626 E. Relativity Ave. Mesa, Az. 85212, to view the Manor. The house was very small, not what we expected and the Air Conditioner was being placed within 1 foot of the patio immediately the small nook area near the kitchen. According to the Superintendent, it had to be place there because not enough room on the side of the house. On June 8, 2018 we notified the Eunice **, Sales Rep. Woodside Homes of Az. LLC, that we are canceling the Spec, home purchase. She went on to say, "We will cancel the contract but will be keeping your $5,000.00 down payment."

We would like our $5,000.00 down payment or at least half of it to be refunded to us as soon as possible! We gave Woodside Homes of Arizona, LLC in good faith our hard earned money in the form of a $5,000,00 Check, which they refused to refund to us. Woodside homes had done nothing for us to deserve this money, and this so called home was already being built long before we ever arrived at Woodside Homes of Arizona!!! This was suppose to be a V.A. Loan and this is no way to treat a Veteran that fought every day to defend this country! My advice to you is to think twice before entering into doing any business with Woodside Homes!

Woodside Homes response

Hello David! Thanks for your feedback. We always intend to treat people fairly and to provide the best experience we possibly can. I've become aware that our Arizona division is working with you to get you your $5,000 deposit back. Sorry for any frustration we have caused and all the best.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Sometimes I read through reviews and it seems like the only people who leave reviews are unhappy people. I purchased a home with Woodside Homes in a single story community in Peoria, AZ. Although most all builders use the same trades, I could tell that Woodside wasn't building 40+ homes at a time like many other communities in the valley are. My sales person was very professional, and even took my calls on his day off. I think a lot of people on here either A: don't ready the purchase contract or B: have unreasonable expectations. If you sign a legally binding contract and do what you're supposed to do, most of the issues I see on here can be avoided.

Now, as far as the home goes: the superintendent wasn't the best I've ever met, but he was far from the worst. You could tell that Woodside had many more inspections, and even have an energy guarantee. I've been in the house for 6 months, and have had a few minor issues which have been fixed fast and in a professional manner. Unless you're planning on buying a million dollar home, Woodside is better than most all other track builders out there.

Woodside Homes response

Hello Steven! We wanted to thank you for the review you left here. Very kind, and honest words. We're happy you had a good experience with Woodside and we will strive to provide that same experience to all our new home buyers. I will have our Arizona team review our superintendents to be sure they are all working at the same quality level. Thanks again!

Original review: May 21, 2018

My son and daughter bought a home that allowed me to live with them. As a person who is living in the home I am watching my "children" suffer with their large purchase of the home. It all started when the sales lady left their 5k check on the counter for 48 hours allowing anyone to copy down the account number. Since day one of them signing the paperwork it has been all lies. Now they are dealing with HORRIBLE home issues and the builder has sent out the WORST people to fix them. Most of the trades do not even speak English. One guy asked my daughter what a banister was because he had to paint it. The quality of work is terrible. I cannot believe they paid 400k in a home that pretends to be energy efficient and my poor 15 month old grandson is suffering in the hottest room they cannot fix. I would NEVER allow anyone that I know to buy a home with Woodside as the builder. THIS IS THE WORST BUILDER EVER!

Woodside Homes response
    Hello Virginia. We've recently widened our view of where we might be able to come in contact with those of our homeowners who need assistance or have concerns, so we apologize for not addressing your review here earlier.

With regards to your concerns, we always want to ensure that our home buyers are happy in their new homes. Feel free to send us a private message here with the names, address and contact information of your family and we will reach out to them to discuss their needs. Thanks!

Original review: March 29, 2018

After reading all the reviews, I should have known that building a home with these guys out of state was going to be a complete joke. They refuse to provide an upgrade cost/option sheet without making an appointment in person with a sales associate. I am a mortgage banker and have my own real estate agent. I do not need their financing or sales assistance. Since they flat out refuse to provide costs sheets upfront, I will select another builder. I don't need to waste time with them.

Woodside Homes response
    Hello Lindsey. We've recently widened our view of where we might be able to come in contact with those who need assistance or have concerns, so we apologize for not addressing your review here earlier.

I'm sorry to hear about how your experience turned out. Not providing a pricing sheet shouldn't have happened. If you're willing, I'd like to find out which community you were looking into and take the information you provided me here to our division leadership for them to address it. Thanks!

Original review: March 2, 2018

I purchased a Woodside home in April of 2016. I have had several issues with the quality of material that was used in my home (the interior doors all have chunks taken out of them around the edges and they were just painted over, the shower curtain in 1 of my bathrooms looks used and does not fit the wall and is constantly falling, 2 of the recessed lights in the kitchen need to be replaced as they flicker when I turn the lights on and now they do not work at all and Woodside is refusing to fix them so I now have only 2 lights in my kitchen, which is terrible lighting to have in a kitchen). Those are just a few examples. I paid close to $300,000 so you would think the quality of a newly built home would be better. I have contacted Woodside regarding the electrical issue in the kitchen and they refuse to do anything about it. I now have only 2 lights in my kitchen that work and the house is not even 2 years old.

Woodside Homes response
    Hello Melissa. We've recently widened our view of where we might be able to come in contact with those of our homeowners who need assistance or have concerns, so we apologize for not addressing your review here earlier.

I'm sorry for what's happened. We definitely want you to be happy with your home. If you're willing, would you send me a private message here with your name, address and contact info so that I can have the division reach out to you to try and help? Thanks!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

We read their company mission statement advertising Integrity, Value, Quality, and Service. We visited their model home and was so impressed about the design and the comfort inside. When we decided to purchase our home from them. We were shocked to see that there is a lot of difference of the model home to the actual home they build for us, such as the ac unit, the airflow vents was placed everywhere and the air return so many of them on the walls. Garage floor cracked and stain and uneven grade, electrical outlet on the surface floor under the sink and the excessive heating of the house even with a little Sunshine on a 33 degrees winter weather. After you paid for the house, you will be begging to the President to ask them to help you fix all those problems even though you showed them proof picture, photos for evidence and they still ignored you and let you suffer.

It already affects your whole family and our health issue, and still they are not concerned to fix the problem. They promise quality and integrity with their mission statement and energy efficient home and I did not receive it and up to now we continue to suffer since 30 June 2016, we are exposed to a very warmed temperature inside the house, so cold in the winter, where we cannot control or balance the temperature inside. The Japanese company who owns this corporation advertised that they build quality homes but we believe them and here we are suffering every day and cost us a lot of money to survive to maintain a good quality temperature which up to now we cannot reach it because of the excessive heating of the house.

The Warranty manager lied to us and kept us waiting and never fix any problems that we brought to his attention. I don't know why this builder who is reporting success and billion of dollars in profit is not being truthful to their customer who believes on their promise and advertisement? Is there any law where consumer can be protected from this kind of company? And be investigated to stop making future homeowners be fooled and suffer?

Updated on 10/08/2018: We are still being ignored and forced to accept the HVAC that is not meeting the J Manual code set by DOE. House heats up at cold nights that make you sweat and Woodside still telling us that there is nothing wrong. Way back when I posted a complaint on this website and I read that below paragraph that Woodside reply that they want to reach out and get more information, I never get any message or follow up that they want to reach out at all, this is bogus.

Woodside Homes response
    Hello Rolando. We've recently widened our view of where we might be able to come in contact with those of our homeowners who need assistance or have concerns, so we apologize for not addressing your review here earlier.

We always intend to provide the best new home experience possible, so I'd like to re-address your concerns. Would you be willing to provide me your name, full address and contact info through a private message here so I can have our division warranty leadership reach out?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

We went to look at homes in Murrieta Ca. and found two that we absolutely loved. We were deciding on which one to purchase. The first day we went in, we were asked to sign in. Thinking it was for their numbers to substantiate visitors, we obliged. The sign saying first time visitors need to have their realtors with them was partially hidden behind the tile examples, we were excited so we did not see it (our fault). We saw it the next day as we were narrowing down our choices and asked about the sign. The attendants were unhelpful, unprofessional, and borderline rude. We told them to destroy our information, we will not be doing business with Woodside Homes at all. Really sucks because we were looking forward to the new house.

Woodside Homes response
    Hello Jason. We've recently widened our view of where we might be able to come in contact with those who need assistance or have concerns, so we apologize for not addressing your review here earlier.

Reading this breaks my heart. We always intend to provide a great home buying experience from A-Z. If you're willing, feel free to send me a private message here with more info so I can take it to the division leadership for a re-training opportunity. I hope you found a really great home out there!

Original review: June 5, 2017

Since moving in I've had nothing but issues with this house. The first week of moving in the motor in the garbage disposal went out. I had a leak with the water heater. When the superintendent came with the guy to fix it they slammed the garage door and the handle fell off. A door handle wasn't even put on properly. About a month later in my guest bathroom there was a pipe leaking. Few months later the motor for the garage door went out. Now it's been a great and a half and my A/C is out. A/C just left said behind this old that's is no reason for any issues with the A/C. The best part the warranty does not cover any of the repairs, right now I'm just over $1000. If the builder does not pay for this my next step is to go to the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: April 21, 2017

When we were looking at builders in the Mesa, AZ area, it was important to look at reviews from other people. However this website is mainly full of negative comments. Most of the time, if people had a positive experience, they will rarely take the time to write a review. But if people had a bad experience, they are angry and will take the time. We built our house in Eastmark, which is in Mesa, AZ and therefore my review is mainly about the sales and construction crew there.

They were realistic with us from the beginning, kept us updated through the process, and although our house date was slightly pushed back, it was still done in a very timely manner. The quality was all there and even if something was wrong, they were able to fix it quickly. If you're reading this then you are likely considering Woodside as your builder. Take some of these other reviews with a grain of salt. Every location is different, but building a house with Woodside was a great choice. We actually might use them again in the future because they were so great!

Woodside Homes response
    Hi Karissa! We apologize for not addressing your review here earlier, but we wanted to thank you for your kind words! We agree that the negative gets aired more than the positive, but we are grateful to hear all of it because it lets us improve someone's situation and that of our future homeowners.

Thanks again for the great remarks!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

My advice to anyone considering to purchase a home through Woodside is DO NOT DO IT! These people are two bit scam artist who should be doing shell games on a corner along the strip. They take your money and lock you in. Your deposits will not be refunded. The builders are horrid. By the time you realize it it's too late. Let me put it this way. If they refunded deposits to customers that changed their mind due to the builders not being good at what they do for a living they would never sell a house. People actually consider losing thousands of dollars by backing out but are convinced that they don't have to sign off on the house and that everything will be fixed.

We are still waiting for them to fix things that were brought to their attention in September and it's going on January. Once you take possession of the home everything changes every single person that represents Woodside homes changes their attitude it's like Jekyll and Hyde. Watch out for Juan who does the walkthroughs and oversees construction. He will cover up damage without fixing it and try to pass it by you. And once you take possession there will be no contact he will hang up on you and halt all communication. Cammeran who handles the electrical aspect of the home is a **. He's nice when you're there picking out options and spending thousands of dollars but don't ever try to contact him after you sign on the dotted line about one of those options. He made several mistakes and had the nerve to leave some of our surround sound speakers at the front office in the box instead of installing them.

We were charged over two thousand dollars for these speakers to be installed. We also had problems with the light switches which took three appointments for them to fix and when they do come out to install a speaker or fix a light switch because they didn't do it right the first time they treat you like their working for free and it's your fault. These contractors are not skilled workers. They can't drive a nail straight without splitting the wood or even paint.

I came over every day during the framing and saw for myself and have pictures of dangling two by fours almost split in half with wires being ran through them. I've seen painters paint over white vents with brown interior paint and I'm not talking about getting some paint on them because their not taped I'm talking about painting over them on purpose. I think some of these workers are picked up at home depot on the way to work by the supervisor. I've seen them drinking on the job and came back after they left and took pictures of all the beer cans left inside of the house. And then I wonder why vents were installed in the wrong place and ceiling light fixtures were installed on the side of the wall.

Juan made a statement that when the drywall was being installed they cut into the wire and that there was also a short. I have no confidence that it was fixed right considering the way Juan is. Looking back I should have took the loss. It didn't help that our lease was up and the place was already rented again. At the end of the day these houses are put together like ** and Woodside doesn't back up their work. They simply want you to take possession and string you along til all the warranty expires.

Woodside Homes expert review by Joseph Truini

Woodside Homes has been providing custom-built homes since 1977. It offers services to homebuyers in the Western United States.​

• Green By Design feature: Homebuyers can search for specific floor plans online that include features designed to protect the environment, such as: Energy Star appliances, energy-efficient lighting, low-e insulated-pane windows, programmable thermostats, low VOC paint and water-saving fixtures.

• Online style help: Prospective buyers can create a style profile and view different style options online before buying.

• Buying guide helps make process easier: Consumers can get specific questions answered and learn more about the home buying process through Woodside's website.

• Available in five states: Consumers in Arizona, California, Nevada, Texas and Utah can get homes built to their specifications.

• News section offers up to date info about real estate: Consumers who are considering home buying or building can get the latest on the real estate market through the company's website.

• Best for: Woodside Homes is best for environmentalists and highly independent people.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
    Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Woodside Homes Company Information