2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.22/5

Woodside Homes is a builder that operates in the southwestern United States. It offers floor plans for many budgets with both custom and move-in options. You can see available floor plans on its website.

Woodside Homes Gallery (4)

Woodside Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woodside Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woodside Homes?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

Woodside Homes had better square-footage. Originally, I was gonna stay in Elk Grove but then, the square-footage was like I was buying a small house. To get the best amount for my money, I decided to go to South Sacramento and that was where I bought my first house. I also bought my second house through them. I like the design of their homes and I like the big windows. I don't like houses that have small windows. I noticed KB Homes and I hate the construction of their houses. They look like they were thrown up. Even though they are a bigger company than Woodside Homes, their houses are crap. So, comparing them now, I like the way Woodside Homes look. They're pretty decent houses. Whoever the builder is, they do love windows.

I had a Realtor the first time I bought the house. I wanted to make sure that I was getting the best deal and that I wasn't getting thrown under the bus. They told me that they were gonna take care of me. The finance manager at Woodside Homes was awesome. Adrienne did an excellent job. But when I bought my second home, it was kind of a crazy situation because I had a Realtor and Woodside tried to use the fact that I was a returning customer against him. They didn't give him his money. It was kind of not good. It was unfortunate for him not to get paid because he was the one that helped. Other than that, I love the team that was helping me.

The only thing that kind of like raised a red flag is that I was between getting this house and going to another builder and they had a bigger incentive but then Woodside pulled me with a bigger incentive that they had, and then they were full of crap. When I came back, Woodside offered a little less. I still got an incentive but they played their game. They were playing tug of war with me and that was why I felt like I needed an agent. If they have any way of accommodating you to get you to buy a house, they'll do whatever it takes. My second experience was definitely better than my first experience.

Woodside Homes response

Thank you, Latoya, for your review! We appreciate it. And thank you for buying with Woodside again! The Sales Team at the NorCal division will review your concerns about your experience to see if any practices need modifying. We're happy you like your new home and we hope you will enjoy it for many years to come. Congrats!

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

We were looking for a house and we drove through the area of Manteca, California. We saw this house and we didn't know it was from Woodside or not because at that time, the site was already sold out and they were just selling their model houses. So we pretty much walked in and fell in love with the house. The curvature of the home really got the our attention. The type of things that are in the house gives it a beautiful flow. The colors and the overall design of the house is beautiful. Their customer service is amazing and very kind. Pretty much any time that we've had any kind of issues, they've been pretty on top of helping us out.

The main person that would come in and help us is Darren, and he is an amazing person. He is really down to earth. Any time that we've had any kind of issues, the smallest one or the biggest one, he has found solution. He has brought it up to his management and has always gone above and beyond to take care of us and the community that's around here. Any time that we've asked questions or emails or have called, they've been responding on a timely manner.

Woodside Homes response

Thanks for the kind words, Shamiza! We're so happy that you enjoyed your Woodside Homes experience! Congratulations on your new home and we hope you'll make lots of happy memories there.

Original review: July 6, 2020

The location is pretty close to where we lived so we saw the models being built. So we talked to our agent and brought her to introduce us to the sales agent there at the model homes. We worked with Katie a little bit but Kimberly was the agent for the community we bought in and they were both excellent. The only real issue we ended up having was that our house wasn't actually painted the color we thought it was gonna be painted on the inside. Somehow, we all missed it. It was supposed to be a pretty light gray anyway and my wife and I talked ourselves into the fact that it's really less noticeable than we thought. But when we finally got a touch-up canister of the paint and then touched something up on the wall, we were like, “Oh, our house isn't painted.” But we were able to resolve that with Kim and with the building team.

One other thing that was a little bit difficult for us was the way that the retaining wall was built along the side of the house and in the backyard. That limited some access for some other equipment once we got into the home. So it wasn't great. But it really wasn't a huge thing and we knew about it going into it. Our retaining wall had been there for months before the models even started going up. Ultimately, I don't have many complaints at all with Woodside Homes. It was a great process and we felt pretty well-informed. We also really enjoyed the design process at the design studio and we're very happy with all of our finishes and how everything came out.

Woodside Homes response

Hello David! Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate that. We're very glad those issues got sorted out, apart from the retaining wall. We hope you were able to get your backyard done as you wanted regardless. We hope you're enjoying your new home!

Original review: July 3, 2020

When I purchased my home, the communication could have been better between my realtor and the sales office to Woodside. I learned about them from my realtor and from the start of the process, I was told that certain floor plans would be available to view but they weren't. So it was kind of more like, "Use your imagination." Thankfully, I am in the industry of multifamily construction so it wasn't that big of a deal for me, but I imagine for a less experienced buyer, it would have been an issue. But other than the lack of communication during the buying process, it was pretty uneventful in a good way.

Also, since my particular development is still under construction, the general contractor on the project isn't very considerate of the residents that are currently here and that seems to be my biggest thorn. But despite that, the quality of the home is comparable, considering the price range. I have some minor issues but nothing detrimental. The appliance package seems okay as well and everything seems to be on par.

Woodside Homes response

Thank you for your feedback, Aleksander, we appreciate it. We apologize for any mix-ups you experienced when looking for your new home. We're glad you found one you liked though! Your feedback about your Superintendent will be passed along to the division office for their review. Thanks for choosing Woodside!

Original review: May 28, 2020

Our sales rep, Susan, was really good. She walked us through the whole process and answered any questions that we had. She would address anything that came up. She was really good. But the expectation wasn’t super clear during the very first time we went at the design center. Long story short, the first lady that was helping us thought that we were just starting from the spec home and adding to it. But we wanted to go down all the way to the base and add to it, so we ended up having to go to the design center two times. The second lady that we met with wasn’t super great. She seemed like we were a little bit of an inconvenience. So our second experience with the design center wasn’t fantastic, but the first one was really fine other than the mistake that was made.

It would have been helpful if they communicated our expectations for the design center ahead of time. One thing that we noticed towards the end when we saw little things that needed to be taken care of, one of the construction managers kinda tried to downplay some of the things that were happening in the home. They should take into consideration the suggestions of the customer and being able to fix those rather than trying to justify and say that it’s supposed to be where it’s at when in reality, it’s not. Other than that, everything was fairly smooth. We would communicate with the construction supervisor any little things that would come up in the building process and they would adjust that pretty quickly.

Overall, it wasn’t a perfect experience, but at the same time, it was a pretty good experience from start to finish. With all the people that were involved in the process, we had a really good experience with most of them. There was obviously some hiccups in the process but now that we have the home, we are happy with it. I have some friends that are looking into buying homes and we’ve recommended them to take a look at Woodside Homes.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

We were looking for a new project in the area. We did an online search and found Woodside Homes. We really liked the project. We realized how it was coming along, especially the location was close to the area where my work was going to be. It's a brand new house and that's what I like about it. So far, our experience with them has been great and acceptable. If there were any issues, they got back to me in a very timely manner.

Woodside Homes response

Thank you for your review, Gui! We're happy that you've enjoyed working with Woodside. Congratulations on the new home!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

My sister lives a mile from Woodside Homes, and we saw the flag. We came in and looked around. I had looked in a lot of different housing tracks and I just fell in love with them. I liked the quality in the house. Heather, the sales rep, was wonderful. When I first bought the house, I bought a Daisy. Heather said, “Well, we have more.” I didn't realize there were more models on the other side of town. I went over, changed my lot, and got the bigger one because I fell in love with it. The landscaping wasn't that great, and it died really fast. It was put in too quickly. But other than that, the purchase process went really well.

Woodside Homes response

Thanks for your review, Elizabeth! We're happy you found the one you wanted! That must have been a fun day. We're sorry about your plants. Our Customer Care Team will reach out to discuss them.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I have loved my home! I love the design. Everything flows smoothly. I love the laundry room next to the master. The master bathroom is so big! My pantry is the biggest of any homes I've seen recently! Ben ** and Hunter ** were awesome to work with!

Woodside Homes response

Thanks, Kimberly for your review! We're so happy that you love your home. I'm sure Ben and Hunter will be happy to hear your compliment. All the best in your new home!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

Frank over at Paloma Ranch was awesome. He was very professional. The big size lots and RV parking made us purchase from them. We got nothing but good experience.

Woodside Homes response

That's great! Frank is a great person and we're happy he was able to help you find the right home. All the best in your new home!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

I was looking for nine feet ceilings and many popular vendors are just focusing on eight feet. Lennar was giving nine feet even in the second floor, but it was a bit expensive. Woodside Homes was also a bit expensive that time but luckily in March, they gave a good offer. That drove me into them and they are a great builder. I have a good experience with them. They are all professional. Their websites are very good and their financial approval process is much more quicker than I thought. I have no issues in whatever they suggested and whatever they promised in their catalog. The only thing is the home warranty they give is just one year. If it is little bit like two years, that'll be excellent. That will be good for them in the long run.

Woodside Homes response

Thank you, Srinivas for your great review! We're glad you enjoyed your experience with Woodside Homes and that you are liking your new home. We will consider your feedback about the warranty duration. Thanks for the input!

Woodside Homes author review by Joseph Truini

Woodside Homes has been providing custom-built homes since 1977. It offers services to homebuyers in the Western United States.​

• Green By Design feature: Homebuyers can search for specific floor plans online that include features designed to protect the environment, such as: Energy Star appliances, energy-efficient lighting, low-e insulated-pane windows, programmable thermostats, low VOC paint and water-saving fixtures.

• Online style help: Prospective buyers can create a style profile and view different style options online before buying.

• Buying guide helps make process easier: Consumers can get specific questions answered and learn more about the home buying process through Woodside's website.

• Available in five states: Consumers in Arizona, California, Nevada, Texas and Utah can get homes built to their specifications.

• News section offers up to date info about real estate: Consumers who are considering home buying or building can get the latest on the real estate market through the company's website.

by Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Woodside Homes Company Information