2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.34/5

Woodside Homes is a builder that operates in the Southwestern United States. It offers floor plans with both custom and move-in options to fit various budgets. Its website features interactive floor plans.

Woodside Homes Gallery (4)
BOTTOM LINE

Woodside Homes builds houses throughout the Southwest. It's known for its simplified but customizable construction. See its interactive floor plans and service locations on its website.

PROS
  • Interactive floor plans
  • Move-in ready homes
  • Custom options
CONS
  • Expensive in some communities
  • Limited availability

Top Woodside Homes Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woodside Homes?

I have loved my home! I love the design. Everything flows smoothly. I love the laundry room next to the master. The master bathroom is so big! My pantry is the biggest of any homes I've seen recently! Ben ** and Hunter ** were awesome to work with!

… we pretty much walked in and fell in love with the house… The colors and the overall design of the house is beautiful. Their customer service is amazing and very kind. Pretty much any time that we've had any kind of issues, they've been pretty on top of helping us out…

About Woodside Homes

Woodside Homes is a well-established U.S. homebuilder. It promotes a simplified construction process and offers full customization to help homebuyers find or build the homes of their dreams. It’s in communities throughout California and in Southwestern cities like Las Vegas, Salt Lake City and Phoenix. You can browse its current and forthcoming communities and explore its interactive floor plans on the website.

Woodside Homes floor plans

Woodside’s floor plans vary by community, with options ranging from two to seven bedrooms and up to five bathrooms. It offers move-in ready homes and customizable community floor plans with additions like covered patios, bedroom conversions, kitchen islands and more. To see all Woodside floor plans, visit its website for interactive style maps.

Woodside Homes cost

Woodside homes start around $260,000 and range upwards of $1,000,000. The cost of your home depends on its location, community, square footage and customizations. You can tailor most of its homes to your taste at an additional cost, while others are pre-built for a faster move-in process. A Woodside sales representative can walk you through expected costs and financing options. You can also browse pricing, communities and floor plans online.

Woodside Homes FAQ

Where are Woodside Homes available?
Woodside Homes are available in California, Nevada, Utah and Arizona. See its website for a map of its various communities.
Who owns Woodside Homes?
Woodside Homes is owned by Sekisui House, a global company and one of Japan’s largest homebuilders.
Does Woodside Homes offer upgraded floor plans and appliances?
Yes, Woodside Homes offers a variety of customizations. View your floor plan online for more about upgrade options.
How long does the Woodside Homes building process take?
On average, it takes six to eight months for Woodside to build a new home. The company also offers homes ready for move-in.

Is Woodside Homes worth it?

Woodside builds highly rated homes in the Southwest. It’s available in various communities, with new homes starting as low as $260,000 in some areas. A Woodside home could be a worthwhile investment if you find a community and floor plan that matches your taste and your budget.

Woodside Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woodside Homes?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

At the time when I was purchasing a home, a realtor reached out to us and told us that she had worked with Woodside Homes in the times past, and that they were really great. So, we went to Bluffdale to check it out and really fell in love with not only the location, but also the sales staff that was there and how they built their homes.

We ended up going with a townhome option in Bluffdale on the Day Ranch area, and the build was known as the Washington. We like the space the most. It was really nice. We have four floors with the basement. It was just really nice having kind of an elevated space. It fits, at the time, our family needs really well. It was great. Other huge things that we liked as well were the lights, the color choices, and things along those lines that allowed us to build a more modern looking home, which is both a style that we liked.

Their staff is great. The people that they have employed there to help with answering questions and showing different builds and models, not only were really knowledgeable about the area and kind of expectations on timelines, but they were extremely friendly. They were always willing to accommodate our requests to come look a second or a third time before we made a final decision, which was really great. It made it feel like there wasn't a lot of pressure, but at the same time, they were definitely interested in our business.

Woodside Homes response

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate it. Congrats on the new home! Sounds like you found exactly what you were looking for. That's awesome. We're so happy you enjoyed working with us on your new home build.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

My wife and I found a house through Utah Real Estate and it was the first house that we looked at. The rep who helped during the purchase was great. From application to underwriting, that took about a month because we were in the process of getting approved. We then had a quick move-in. Quality-wise, there's a lot of key things where the subcontractors cut corners on that I found annoying. I'm working with the warranty specialists to get it fixed.

We have some major flooring heating issues that we're working on. There are odds-and-ends that don't make sense. For example, Woodside definitely needs to meet with the engineers. In all their buildings, they need to all have their main water line in the same spot. I've checked multiple houses. Stonehaven is particularly what we live in. All their water mains’ shutoffs are in all different spots in the house. We had a water softener installed yesterday. We couldn't even hook to our cold water because our main valve was in our kitchen and our water heater was upstairs. My main thing is just the consistency of building and using common sense on where to put stuff.

The warranty specialist has been really great, intentive, and has come to our needs. I wanted access to plans and to be able to have an idea. When we bought this place, we never got a firm confirmation on the square-footage of the upstairs and downstairs and how much carpet. We didn't get any of the details on what materials were in the house itself. The biggest thing that my wife and I recently talked about is quick move-in. A few things were added but when we moved in, those things were not put in. I was a little disappointed. I asked Woodside if we could transfer that over into something else but they said they couldn't do that. I told them that I don't know where that 8 grand plus of upgrades actually went to. First-time homes are not going to be perfect. but there should be knowledge of everything being in a central location and being able to access it.

Woodside Homes response

Great feedback, Ben! Thank you for this. Our division will be made aware of it so they can consider it for future construction. We're glad your Customer Care Team is on the job to help you fix the little issues you've come across. We hope you're finding joy in your new home despite these few things.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

Woodside Homes had better square-footage. Originally, I was gonna stay in Elk Grove but then, the square-footage was like I was buying a small house. To get the best amount for my money, I decided to go to South Sacramento and that was where I bought my first house. I also bought my second house through them. I like the design of their homes and I like the big windows. I don't like houses that have small windows. I noticed KB Homes and I hate the construction of their houses. They look like they were thrown up. Even though they are a bigger company than Woodside Homes, their houses are crap. So, comparing them now, I like the way Woodside Homes look. They're pretty decent houses. Whoever the builder is, they do love windows.

I had a Realtor the first time I bought the house. I wanted to make sure that I was getting the best deal and that I wasn't getting thrown under the bus. They told me that they were gonna take care of me. The finance manager at Woodside Homes was awesome. Adrienne did an excellent job. But when I bought my second home, it was kind of a crazy situation because I had a Realtor and Woodside tried to use the fact that I was a returning customer against him. They didn't give him his money. It was kind of not good. It was unfortunate for him not to get paid because he was the one that helped. Other than that, I love the team that was helping me.

The only thing that kind of like raised a red flag is that I was between getting this house and going to another builder and they had a bigger incentive but then Woodside pulled me with a bigger incentive that they had, and then they were full of crap. When I came back, Woodside offered a little less. I still got an incentive but they played their game. They were playing tug of war with me and that was why I felt like I needed an agent. If they have any way of accommodating you to get you to buy a house, they'll do whatever it takes. My second experience was definitely better than my first experience.

Woodside Homes response

Thank you, Latoya, for your review! We appreciate it. And thank you for buying with Woodside again! The Sales Team at the NorCal division will review your concerns about your experience to see if any practices need modifying. We're happy you like your new home and we hope you will enjoy it for many years to come. Congrats!

Original review: July 6, 2020

The location is pretty close to where we lived so we saw the models being built. So we talked to our agent and brought her to introduce us to the sales agent there at the model homes. We worked with Katie a little bit but Kimberly was the agent for the community we bought in and they were both excellent. The only real issue we ended up having was that our house wasn't actually painted the color we thought it was gonna be painted on the inside. Somehow, we all missed it. It was supposed to be a pretty light gray anyway and my wife and I talked ourselves into the fact that it's really less noticeable than we thought. But when we finally got a touch-up canister of the paint and then touched something up on the wall, we were like, “Oh, our house isn't painted.” But we were able to resolve that with Kim and with the building team.

One other thing that was a little bit difficult for us was the way that the retaining wall was built along the side of the house and in the backyard. That limited some access for some other equipment once we got into the home. So it wasn't great. But it really wasn't a huge thing and we knew about it going into it. Our retaining wall had been there for months before the models even started going up. Ultimately, I don't have many complaints at all with Woodside Homes. It was a great process and we felt pretty well-informed. We also really enjoyed the design process at the design studio and we're very happy with all of our finishes and how everything came out.

Woodside Homes response

Hello David! Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate that. We're very glad those issues got sorted out, apart from the retaining wall. We hope you were able to get your backyard done as you wanted regardless. We hope you're enjoying your new home!

Original review: May 28, 2020

Our sales rep, Susan, was really good. She walked us through the whole process and answered any questions that we had. She would address anything that came up. She was really good. But the expectation wasn’t super clear during the very first time we went at the design center. Long story short, the first lady that was helping us thought that we were just starting from the spec home and adding to it. But we wanted to go down all the way to the base and add to it, so we ended up having to go to the design center two times. The second lady that we met with wasn’t super great. She seemed like we were a little bit of an inconvenience. So our second experience with the design center wasn’t fantastic, but the first one was really fine other than the mistake that was made.

It would have been helpful if they communicated our expectations for the design center ahead of time. One thing that we noticed towards the end when we saw little things that needed to be taken care of, one of the construction managers kinda tried to downplay some of the things that were happening in the home. They should take into consideration the suggestions of the customer and being able to fix those rather than trying to justify and say that it’s supposed to be where it’s at when in reality, it’s not. Other than that, everything was fairly smooth. We would communicate with the construction supervisor any little things that would come up in the building process and they would adjust that pretty quickly.

Overall, it wasn’t a perfect experience, but at the same time, it was a pretty good experience from start to finish. With all the people that were involved in the process, we had a really good experience with most of them. There was obviously some hiccups in the process but now that we have the home, we are happy with it. I have some friends that are looking into buying homes and we’ve recommended them to take a look at Woodside Homes.

Resolution response: March 11, 2021

We were contacted by customer service with regard to the whole situation and have since seen the sales associate. She has been pleasant since the whole situation and our correspondence has been pleasant as well.

We are absolutely in love with the architecture of the new home. It was so well designed and very much our dream home. Also, I must say that Laurie from the design center is absolutely amazing. She has been phenomenal at helping us decide the right color scheme and figuring out what would work best for our lifestyle etc. I have nothing but praise for Laurie's knowledgeability, professionalism, and helpfulness throughout this whole process. She has definitely turned this whole experience into much more of an exciting evolution for my family and me.

Original review: March 4, 2021

My husband and I are literally 14 days into this transaction and have had the worst customer service with one of the associates. When asking for clarification on our contract agreement we were met with a hostile and very rude email response. I am now incredibly fearful of how our future transactions and correspondence will be going forward and considering canceling our contract. The only thing good I can say about Woodside is that the homes are absolutely beautiful with an incredible architectural layout and has a nice open concept.

Woodside Homes response

Hello Amanda! We apologize for the frustration you're feeling. Let's get the division office involved to review your concerns. We would never want someone fearful of working with us. We truly enjoy working with our clients and always strive to give them an excellent home-building experience. It's such a great time in life when building a new home; it's important to love it. We will have the division office contact you in a few days. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I will never buy a Woodside Homes home again and regret ever building with them. They say, “BETTER BY DESIGN” because they are clearly not better by quality. I am afraid their lack of quality work will impact the value and resale of my home. Before I moved in, there were several things I was told that would be “fixed” by the time I moved in. Even the day I moved in, I was told everything had been fixed when in fact they were not fixed and to this day are not fixed (8 months later). I was told to wait until month 11 before I start putting anything in for the home warranty and thank goodness I didn’t wait.

The lack of quality in almost all of the finish work is astounding and everything I’ve called to have fixed has not been fixed right. I have had painters (Wasatch Mountain Painting) to my house three times now and each and every time the show up they have no clue about the work they are supposed to do despite their boss even coming to look at the work prior to them coming back. They actually had to leave one time because they did not have time to fix what needed to be fixed and before they left they added more blue tape to my walls marking things that needed to be fixed.

You can see every horrible patch job the painters have done, their way of fixing something is to literally glob a bunch of paint on it, they used drywall putty to fix horribly chipped door casing and then used a heavy nap to paint it making it blatantly obvious where they painted, they missed painting places they patched, hand marking on doors from when it was touched when the paint was wet, a lot of the caulking has pulled away from the walls and trim, there is no caulking around my tub and shower surrounds, you can see the writing on the baseboards through the one coat of paint they did, some of the trim wasn’t completely painted, everything I put on a shelf that was painted stuck leaving marks (including on top of the fireplace) and they are literally running through my house hurrying as fast as they can.

The texture on the walls have circular tool patterns all over, the measurement of one of the walls is written on it, there are other marks all over the walls from things running across it, there are lines all over from dry pieces of drywall mud being dragged across the wall and there are tiny bubbles all over the walls and ceilings. The trim at the bottom of the stairs was cut very jagged and the trim in the bonus room isn’t anywhere near strait and has a good sized gap between the carpet and the trim.

The kitchen island has caulking all over the trim, the side panels near the granite was chipped all up, the panel was cracked, there is damage to one of the doors for under the sink that was just painted over and a nail went through one of the rim pieces. There was a crack on the face pieces under my cooktop and that was properly fixed, along with placing trim to cover the chipped panels.

The vent hood is scratched and is not straight. I’ve tried to get it straight and I am unable to get it to stay straight. There was a ton of freezing cold air coming from the gaps of my kitchen cabinets that I had to try and fill to stop it. There is bump in the flooring front of the kitchen sink that bends the flooring when I walk on it and someone cut something on the flooring near the sliding glass door leaving blade marks on the flooring.

The sliding glass door trim was quite damaged and I was told I need to deal with it because replacing it would not be easy. I was then shown how to scrape the damaged areas with a blade to reduce the visibility. The doors had to be adjusted and still need to be adjusted because it is not sealing right and a considerable amount of cold air comes through. The screen doors also do not lineup and won’t lock.

The carpet is the hardest carpet I have ever walked on and I often wonder if there is even any padding underneath. When the carpet was installed they cut the door casings with their blades multiple times. Those were just painted over to fix. There is piece of carpet at the bedroom door threshold there is about two inches wide that is very obvious and looks ridiculous. I have also stepped on multiple nails on the stairs and thresholds. There is a considerable puddle in my garage when it rains or snows.

The rain gutters are unbelievably loud when it rains. They have placed a huge cold air return in the master bedroom where every single time the A/C or furnace turns on, it sucks the filter up (making noise) and then drops the filter (making a louder noise) when it turns off. I have been startled awake more times than I care to because of this.

My bedroom door does not secure shut, so when I have my bedroom window open the door constantly bangs. I’ve had to shove a sock in the door to stop it when I have my windows open. My toilets are constantly being clogged, which has never happened in any of my other homes I have owned in my 41 years. My shower trim was scratched and that was replaced. The master bath mirror was scratched and that was replaced. There are handprints on the walls all over the house. One of the hand railings was the wrong color but was replaced months later.

You can see where every nail is on the exterior trim. Some of the nails are not flush with the trim and stick out. Whatever they used to conceal nail holes is slopped on and in no way conceals any of the nails. The caulking was half assed, barely covering the area needed to be caulked and other areas were just missed. There is also cement splashed on the exterior near the garage. Finally, the home warranty supervisor came to see everything for herself and it has been weeks since I have heard anything back.

During the time of my final walk through I was unable to spend the time to really inspect my home due to work and had to heavily rely on Woodside Homes to assure quality work had been done. Clearly I was mistaken to trust Woodside Homes to insure quality work. I have been completely disappointed in my entire experience with Woodside Homes and now I can’t even enjoy my home because of everything wrong with it. I am not new to building a home and never had near the issues that I have had with my Woodside Home. I am left feeling terrified of the issues I can’t see and that I have completely wasted my money on this home. I do not expect perfection, however for just under $500,000 I do expect quality and some kind of quality control.

Woodside Homes response

Hello Jess. Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate receiving it. We truly apologize for any frustration you're experiencing. We always intend to provide a great home and a great home buying experience. So, your feedback will be provided to our Customer Care Team for their review so they can help you where possible. Seeing that we have your contact information here, they will be able to reach out if they have any questions for you.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

We chose Woodside Homes based on the floor plan and availability. The home consultant was very friendly and helpful. The house that we got was already built and we liked the space. We have more backyard than anybody else around here.

Woodside Homes response

We're so happy that you like your new home and that you enjoyed working with us. Thanks for choosing Woodside!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

I chose the area and the location of where Woodside Homes was at. I like the community. It's gated and it's pretty quiet. I also like the customer service that I get from Woodside. Since it's a new home, we're still under warranty. They listen and they get someone out to fix whatever we have. We call them or make an appointment in the online portal. When we go through the portal, they get back to us within 24 hours, then they find out what the problem is, and they schedule to get someone out to come and fix it. So, the experience has been great. As far as the other three homes that I've bought from builders, this has been the most responsive. I would definitely recommend them to anyone else.

Woodside Homes response

This is wonderful, William! It makes us so happy to know that we've been able to help you out quickly and thoroughly. Thank you for your kind words. Here's to many happy years in your new home!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

I like the floor plan of the Woodside homes. It met the needs that we needed. I wish that they wouldn't have locked me into what I wanted on the outside before I could go look at what I wanted on the inside. I would have changed some things. I wouldn't have done the tandem windows. I probably wouldn't have done the nine-foot ceilings because I would have rather put the money into a little nicer things inside the home. Once you were done with the outside, you couldn't go back and change it without spending a lot more money. That was kind of a mistake. They should let us look at the whole thing first, and then I would have done things differently if I could. Other than that, our home consultant did okay. We liked him. The customer service team could answer all my questions. Overall, it was a good experience. But I would tell others to be very careful about what they get for the outside of the home before they knew what they were going to get on the inside.

Woodside Homes response

This is fantastic feedback! Thank you for this. It will be provided to our sales leadership. We're glad you're happy with your home overall. Here's to many happy years there, Colleen!

Woodside Homes Company Information