Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

98 Woodside Homes Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 25, 2019

With other builders when things go wrong or the home isn't ready they all say this is how it is everywhere. I tell them not at Woodside. The home is perfect at close. After 1 year on the 3 I bought no significant issues. I've dealt with 7 builders at this point and Woodside is lightyears ahead of the rest. I highly recommend.

Woodside Homes response

Thank you for the kind words, Christopher! And thanks for building with us again (and again)! Ha ha!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Nice Superintendent and Customer Service is awesome. Overall experience with Woodside is positive, most of that goes to the help of the customer service rep when I need issues complete that were covered under the 1 year warranty. I just wish Woodside would offer at least a minimum of 2 years.

Woodside Homes response

Hi Manny! Thanks for your review! I'm going to provide your feedback about the warranty to our Corporate office for them to consider for the future. Have a good one!

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Woodside Homes has a very good warranty policy and a great customer service representative for warranty issues. Joe ** was assigned to our area and he has done an awesome job with follow up and completion of any issues we have had with the home. No fuss or "I will have to get back to you" with any response from Joe. He knows which subcontractor to call and who he wants to have sent out to address any issue so it is resolved the first time.

Woodside Homes response

Hi Roger! Thanks for your kind review. Glad Joe and his team are taking care of you.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

We almost purchased our home through another home builder, but it fell through and we couldn't be happier that it did. We were not satisfied with the service we received. Because of this, we were hunting last minute for a home and found Woodside on a last minute search. As soon as we saw the model homes and spoke with Diane, the sales rep, we were sold. We've been in our home exactly one year, and we couldn't be happier with our home and the entire home building/buying process. I highly recommend Woodside.

Woodside Homes response

What a great story! Thanks for sharing it with everyone, Sabrina!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Our journey started December 5th 2016 in Las Vegas Nevada. After traveling back and forth to the Central Valley looking at several housing companies we settled in on Woodside homes Black Oaks. We signed with Woodside homes to build us a home in December 2016. Two months later I retired from the Clark County School District after a little more than 35 years. Three months later after selling our home in Las Vegas we moved to Visalia. May 7 2017 was our last day in Las Vegas. We leased a home for 6 months while Woodside built our new home. As luck would have it our new home was ready within days of our 6 month lease being up on October 31st 2017. We finished moving from the lease and into our new home November 7th 2017.

So in less than a year we retired, packed everything up moved the 350 miles with several rental trucks unpacked what we needed in the leased house and rental storage unit, packed up again and moved the 2 miles into our new home. That’s was our journey. Now for the great people at Woodside homes Black Oaks. I don’t know if our journey would have been successful if not for the people at Black Oaks. First Atzimba. What can I say she made every step of the way easy. As you would think this was a very stressful undertaking being in another state while buying a home. Atzimba took care of all our concerns in every way. She kept us informed by phone and email of everything that was happening.

While we understood that this was also a very busy time for Woodside homes to and that Atzimba would not always be available there was Yolanda. Yolanda was there for us to answering any questions we may have had. The two of them make an unbeatable team. The construction. What can I say I know for a fact that if it hadn’t been for Mike ** our home would not have been completed on time for us to move in before our 6 month lease was up. Mike was on top of it. From our point of view with the number of houses under construction at the time and the number of closing’s that needed to happen before the end of 2017 it was nothing short of miracle for Mike to get our home done on time.

Remember we were now living in Visalia, retirement and living only 2 miles from our new home. So needless to say we saw the progress and took pictures on a daily basis. Mike was there also every step of the way at the walkthroughs as the construction progressed. Since we are retired and this is our last house we put a lot of upgrades into our house. Mike made sure every one of those upgrades was in place before moving to the next step.

After moving in. Then there was John from customer service. John came by and introduced himself and made sure we knew that if anything was wrong with our home he would be there for us to make sure it got fixed right away. We had very few problems and they all were minor. When John moved from Black Oaks Visalia to Woodside in Tulare Doc took over and the customer service was uninterrupted. We just had our 1 year walk through and everything was as expected. Nothing wrong. Doc inspected our entire home inside and out with us and we found nothing wrong. So that is our journey from beginning to end. Because of the Woodside family that we feel a part of we can now live our happily ever after 30 minutes from our family and grandchildren in Selma instead of 6 hours in Las Vegas. Thank you Atzimba, Yolanda, Mike, John, Doc and Woodside homes.

Woodside Homes response

This is so great! What great feedback. Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We will share this with our Central Valley team.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woodside Homes?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 31, 2019

We signed our contract with Woodside last June 2018. The building began in August, and we were told that we move in about 6 months after. However, when the 6 months went by we were given excuse after excuse as to why the house was not halfway completed. We are now in August 2019 and we still do not have a closing date. And we are still waiting for the driveway, the patio concrete, landscape, and the repainting of the house (the painting of the house is a whole other deal breaker that was “fixed” but we're still waiting). The house has been nearly ready since May! But who knows why these last details keep getting pushed back.

The neighbor’s home was going through the same SLOW process, but theirs is about done.

I just wish Woodside in Visalia was more professional about their business. I know things come up and all, but telling us that we’d close in December, oh wait no in February, wait no in April, still no, in May or June, "No sorry we’ll close in July!" "For sure we’ll close in August." This is what we have heard all this time. Can you imagine how frustrating this is?! I would have canceled this contract a long time ago but we love this home and our children are super excited to live in this home.

The inconsistency and false information/updates is what upsets and disappoints me. We are first time home buyers and everyone we’ve talked to about this has never experienced this with new builds. I really hope they can complete it before August is over, if not I will be even more upset. Oh but wait, the contract says they have 24 MONTHS to complete the home! That is ridiculous. Then why tell potential buyers the homes are done is 4-6 months?! That’s why we decided to buy.

Oh, and did I mention my husband and I moved out of our apartment because we were told by the supervisor or manager (Mike) that we’d be moving in the 2nd week of July. So we packed so we can save the rent money that month and moved in with our parents. Yet here we are homeless because Woodside can’t keep their word and drag out the completion of our home! Unprofessional.

Woodside Homes response

Hi Blanca. Thanks for your feedback on this. Although I am not familiar with the details of why your home is delayed, I can assure you that this is not typical of one of our new home builds. Overall, I apologize for the frustration you are experiencing. What I'd like to do is pass your feedback on to a few different people in the Central Valley division for them to review in order to potentially steer your new home build in a better direction. I will send you a private message.

Original review: July 4, 2019

My initial experience with Woodside Homes in Natomas, CA was pleasant. After attempting to get down into the details with the sales rep, she became extremely difficult, rude, and passive aggressive. She would not provide any clarity on pricing for upgrades much less transparency to provide a quote prior to contract. On top of this, unfortunately she is the sole sales rep so no getting around her. Extremely frustrating and disappointing experience. They are out to take advantage of those not thinking of the price tag in the end and rude to those wanting all information prior to purchasing a home. Avoid this deceiving builder at all costs.

Woodside Homes response

Hello there! I'd like to learn more about your experience so I can put your feedback in front of a few people in our Northern California division. This way, they can make any necessary adjustments to their practices. I will send you a private message via Consumer Affairs. Thank you for getting in touch with your concerns.

Original review: June 27, 2019

I love my Woodside home. The builder did a great job, using quality products they made my house look beautiful. Everyone I dealt with was kind, helpful and cooperative. From the beginning of my experience with Jackie at the Tulare location to the end with John, I felt very well taken care of.

Woodside Homes response

This is great! So happy our Central Valley team took good care of you. Thanks for sharing your feedback, Bonnie!

Original review: June 24, 2019

We have worked with Camara at Woodside multiple times and have had a great experience. She does a great job in helping through the entire build process. We're excited about settling down in a Woodside Home!

Woodside Homes response

Thank you so much, Peter for your kind words! So glad you have enjoyed your experience with Woodside.

Original review: June 8, 2019

Hello my fellow home buyers, I am about to give you an honest review so please listen. I was in the process of buying a home since February 2019 at this address **. My wife and I was very excited purchasing this home. About two months ago they started building our home. Every week my wife and I would come to visit the site to see the building process of our brand new home. About the 5th week in they started building the frames of the home. We notice something unusual. Some of the beams are rotted wood, some has cracks, some beams are cracking so bad that they are peeling.

So I contacted Quentin an agent from Woodside. I sent him the pictures hoping that they will address the issues. Quentin's answer was the pictures look fine and they were no issues with it. My wife and I were in disbelief because it was pretty obvious and we were previous home owners before so it wasn't like it was our first home. We showed the pictures to our friends, co workers, and families and they couldn't believe that someone would say those look normal. So we asked Quentin to address those issues.

3 days later I came back to the site hoping they have fix our concerns. To my surprise they didn't and basically they hurried putting the plywood so those beams will get covered. I asked Quentin my agent why they didn't they fix the problem. His response was don't worry the inspector will check it and if they deemed it needs to be fix. The builder will fixed them. I asked when will the inspector come. He said when before the stucco of the is applied. I was like are you kidding me. The inspector will not see those beams because it's already covered. So I told him I will escalate my complaints with the main office.

I contacted them the next day through emails and phone numbers provided by their websites. Well, I waited several days later for a response and guess what no responds. My wife decided to use their chat interface at their website. The chat was more for people on the market to buy and question regarding the prices. We have no other choice because their warranty or customer service department is non existent. So we spoke to someone online through chat and made our complaints. So I told them this is a horrible experience. All I want is for them to replace those damage beams but the more I look at the quality of the build it keeps getting worse. The nails were not even hitting the beams. So I told her that I am no longer excited about the house and I am no longer interested on it. Instead of trying to fix the issues. The person I chatted with told me my agent will contact me.

Then Quentin texted me not even trying to attempt to fix the issues. Instead he was quick on offering me a refund. So I told him to give me my refund and I am willing to pick it up. The next day he contacted me and told me that their policy only allows them to mail the refund and it's going to take one week. I was like wow. You guys when you asked for money you want it right away but if I want my money back it takes a whole week. Please boycott this builder. I move from California to avoid scammers and bad people like this. Now that I am here to my surprise the same people from California are also here. Remember they are going to sell that home to some victim. Dont be a victim and read the reviews and listen. Avoid this house at all cost and avoid this builder.

Hello Alnie,

Thank you for your feedback about the home and your home building experience with us. I will be sure to pass this information on to the division in which the home is being built for them to review. This will allow them to modify any practices if necessary.

Woodside Homes expert review by Joseph Truini

Woodside Homes has been providing custom-built homes since 1977. It offers services to homebuyers in the Western United States.​

• Green By Design feature: Homebuyers can search for specific floor plans online that include features designed to protect the environment, such as: Energy Star appliances, energy-efficient lighting, low-e insulated-pane windows, programmable thermostats, low VOC paint and water-saving fixtures.

• Online style help: Prospective buyers can create a style profile and view different style options online before buying.

• Buying guide helps make process easier: Consumers can get specific questions answered and learn more about the home buying process through Woodside's website.

• Available in five states: Consumers in Arizona, California, Nevada, Texas and Utah can get homes built to their specifications.

• News section offers up to date info about real estate: Consumers who are considering home buying or building can get the latest on the real estate market through the company's website.

• Best for: Woodside Homes is best for environmentalists and highly independent people.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Woodside Homes Company Information