2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.23/5

As America’s 28th largest homebuilder, Woodside Homes has built more than 40,000 new homes and is currently building in Arizona, California, Nevada, and Utah.

We recognize that the key to success is providing customers with uncompromising quality in location, design, construction, and service throughout the entire home buying experience and that’s what we aim to do, always.

Woodside is a highly respected leader in the homebuilding industry, using technology and the latest materials and methods to improve our efficiency and provide an enhanced homebuying experience.

Woodside Homes Gallery (4)
View More View More

Woodside Homes Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

My friend lives somewhere next door and told me about Woodside Homes. I looked at the model homes. I liked the floor plan compared to other builders. I went around and this was one I liked. When I came in, I looked at all the builders and this was much more like an open-floor plan kind of thing, and that’s why I picked it out. Everybody was good. The design team, who were the outsourced company, wouldn’t give information if you talked to them on the phone. They wanted you to be in person with them most of the time. I couldn’t travel to Sacramento just to be there, so that selection process was a little tedious. It was kind of upsetting, but otherwise, the rest of the people were awesome. The salespeople were, as well as the maintenance guys and our mortgage guy who they put through.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

We were looking for houses in the area, and we found a Woodside Homes development. Marlene was great and super helpful. Any question we had, she let us come. She let us bring our family and friends to see the different houses. Everything went pretty fast and the home seems very affordable for what we got compared to some of the other stuff, especially with Mello-Roos area. Everybody’s been responsive too. Even the foreman comes over when we request.

We were excited to move in. However, we just kept dealing with trash. Our dogs would be bringing in Styrofoam and boxes. Also, the house behind us had to do a repair in the ground, and it destroyed some of the foundation in the back corner of our backyard. So, our dogs got out a couple of times which was a little bit frustrating. We have a Rottweiler and a lot of people are afraid of that dog, so it was a potential liability for us. But we knew that coming into a development that was still having a bunch of construction, those come along with it.

Woodside Homes response

Hi Stephen! Thanks for your review and the kind words! I assume everything has been taken care of as far as the dogs getting out etc.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

There's a lot of new construction here and I looked at all the websites for all the builders in this area. Woodside had the best floorplans and the quality of the home is good. We got the Banyan model for its layout. And we have really good views that’s why we chose this location. It’s really close to the lake and the beautiful mountains. We love the views.

Woodside Homes response

Thanks for your kind words, Emily! We appreciate the feedback. Glad you love your home!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

Everything has gone pretty well. The only thing that we're in the middle of right this second is that we had some pretty big stucco crack happened. Our house is 16 months only old. We had someone hanging Christmas lights and they saw it because it's up on top. We would never have seen it, which is a good thing, and they reported it, and then Woodside Homes wasn’t as quick to be on top of it since our warranty is over. Some guys came out to see if there was any damage and now, I need to figure where we're going next with it.

The rep, Eric, replied right away and would send people out right away. Unfortunately, now, this took a little bit longer. Maybe I missed something. He might have told my husband something or my brother, who lives with us, that I missed when the last guy came out a couple of weeks ago. I've always been in contact but complete follow-up is needed. But other than that, he was really good.

Woodside Homes response

Thanks for your review, Amy! I will provide your feedback to the division and ask them to reach out.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Since we bought our house about 5 years ago, we have never really had any warranty claims with Woodside homes. But recently a few weeks ago, we had a horrendous rainstorm and had water leaking directly into the house. This water leaking into our house was caused from buildup and dead leaves on the roof. This was clearly my maintenance issue and not Woodside homes issue.

I have to say I was thoroughly impressed as Woodside homes showed up at our house the day of the rain storm. They brought a professional roofing company with them, and took off the concrete tiles and removed all of the debris in order to stop the water from backing up and coming into the house. This was done a couple of weeks ago and we have had 2 rain storms since with zero water leaking in our house. Thank you Woodside homes!!!! Tim from Woodside homes in the Eastmark area is remarkable and his customer service skills are phenomenal. Tim is an asset to your company.

Woodside Homes response

Thank you, Karl for your kind words! It was a pleasure to serve you. Here's to many more leakless winter rainstorms!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Woodside Homes?

Original review: March 11, 2020

This is a horrible company with horrible customer service. Do not want to fix any of the mistakes on our new house. They have an excuse for everything. These people pretend like they care at first, but become rude when you ask them to fix anything. Missed appointment, failure to communicate, customer service rep has foul BO, horrible all around. I was forced to rate at lease one star.

Woodside Homes response

Hello David. Thank you for your feedback. We always intend for our customers to enjoy their new home building experience and traditionally go above and beyond to ensure everyone's concerns are considered and addressed when possible. I apologize that you feel we have not tried our best. I will have the Northern CA division reach out to you to discuss your concerns again and assist where possible.

Original review: March 1, 2020

We have been in our house for 10 months and shortly after moving in we noticed a few issues with our floor. Our house is a single story with no basement. When our slab was poured it was very uneven and the flooring company didn't level it before laying the floor. Now we have several high and low spots. We talked to Woodside and they sent someone out to fix a select few spots but it only made matter worse.

So after a few months, they pulled up the floor and were going to pour a self-leveling thin-set that would fix the problem and then re-lay the floor. They put us in a hotel and paid for our food for 4 days while they worked on the house. When we returned the problem was not fixed. In fact, it's now much worse. We have all the same issues but now we have issues with our cabinets, kitchen island, and paint. It's a bit of a disaster. We're now going to have to start all over. They want to start with fixing a few spots again but we know how that went last time.

My two biggest complaints are the slab is very uneven in the whole house and not just the kitchen and our bathroom shower/tub tile looks like I did it myself. I think Woodside needs to invest in a better quality management team to ensure these issues don't compound. Overall we have liked our home and the Woodside staff has been very helpful. They want this fixed just as much as us but the quality of the subcontractors we have worked with has been subpar.

Woodside Homes response

Thanks for the feedback, Scott. It has been passed on to the division for review. We apologize for the frustration you feel.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

I went into Woodside's showroom and their display models were right there. I bought a home and the whole process until we closed took seven months. Moreover, I feel very positive about the people who work for them.

Woodside Homes response

Hi, Terrence! Thank you for the kind words! We appreciate it and are so pleased that you enjoyed your Woodside experience. Here's to many years of joy in your new home!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

Woodside Homes has a good sales rep. He was not so knowledgeable but was courteous. They have to improve their communication of options. But everything’s good with the quality of the home.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2020

I have lived in my Woodside home since the end of September 2019. It was a contracted house that fell out, so I bought it essentially as a completed new build. There were maybe a dozen things to finish up, but they rushed through closing on the promise all items would be completed by the close date or soon after. Yet, here we are nearly six months later with about 8/12 items still remaining on the to do list. I have a house with a blotchy paint job on one exterior wall (wrong color used on touch up), cabinets and drawers in the kitchen that are warped, marked and won't close, shelves that are uneven, electrical work that wasn't done to specs and can't be easily corrected, 7 damaged windows (all noted prior to purchase), and a master bath that has more issues than I can list.

To add to that, I had a small leak from an incorrectly installed toilet hose that has left a part of the family without a bedroom for over 2 months. The initial repair was quoted at a day or so, then a week, and now it's 2 months and counting. To cap it all off, they fired the previous builder, the new one came by one time and promised results but has since disappeared, customer success or whoever has stopped answering my calls and the project manager has ghosted me after several calls and voicemails. All in all, for a company that claims it's better than the rest because of the details, they have failed miserably. Purchasing this home is one of the largest regrets of my life and if you are in Las Vegas or anywhere else from what I've read here, do NOT buy a new home from Woodside.

Woodside Homes response

Hello Jing. We apologize for the frustration you feel. It's never our intention for our homebuyers to feel this way. We pride ourselves on providing a great customer experience. I'd like to run your concerns past a few more minds at the division for them to review them. Someone will reach out to you this week via email, since that's the contact method I see here. Thanks for your feedback.

Woodside Homes author review by Joseph Truini

Woodside Homes has been providing custom-built homes since 1977. It offers services to homebuyers in the Western United States.​

• Green By Design feature: Homebuyers can search for specific floor plans online that include features designed to protect the environment, such as: Energy Star appliances, energy-efficient lighting, low-e insulated-pane windows, programmable thermostats, low VOC paint and water-saving fixtures.

• Online style help: Prospective buyers can create a style profile and view different style options online before buying.

• Buying guide helps make process easier: Consumers can get specific questions answered and learn more about the home buying process through Woodside's website.

• Available in five states: Consumers in Arizona, California, Nevada, Texas and Utah can get homes built to their specifications.

• News section offers up to date info about real estate: Consumers who are considering home buying or building can get the latest on the real estate market through the company's website.

by Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Woodside Homes Company Information