2.9/5 (143 ratings)

About Woodside Homes

Woodside Homes is a builder that operates in the Southwestern United States. It offers floor plans with both custom and move-in options to fit various budgets. Its website features interactive floor plans.

Top Woodside Homes Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I have loved my home! I love the design. Everything flows smoothly. I love the laundry room next to the master. The master bathroom is so big! My pantry is the biggest of any home...

Verified

… we pretty much walked in and fell in love with the house… The colors and the overall design of the house is beautiful. Their customer service is amazing and very kind. Pretty mu...

About Woodside Homes

Woodside Homes is a well-established U.S. homebuilder. It promotes a simplified construction process and offers full customization to help homebuyers find or build the homes of their dreams. It’s in communities throughout California and in Southwestern cities like Las Vegas, Salt Lake City and Phoenix. You can browse its current and forthcoming communities and explore its interactive floor plans on the website.

Woodside Homes floor plans

Woodside’s floor plans vary by community, with options ranging from two to seven bedrooms and up to five bathrooms. It offers move-in ready homes and customizable community floor plans with additions like covered patios, bedroom conversions, kitchen islands and more. To see all Woodside floor plans, visit its website for interactive style maps.

Woodside Homes cost

Woodside homes start around $260,000 and range upwards of $1,000,000. The cost of your home depends on its location, community, square footage and customizations. You can tailor most of its homes to your taste at an additional cost, while others are pre-built for a faster move-in process. A Woodside sales representative can walk you through expected costs and financing options. You can also browse pricing, communities and floor plans online.

Woodside Homes FAQ

Where are Woodside Homes available?
Woodside Homes are available in California, Nevada, Utah and Arizona. See its website for a map of its various communities.
Who owns Woodside Homes?
Woodside Homes is owned by Sekisui House, a global company and one of Japan’s largest homebuilders.
Does Woodside Homes offer upgraded floor plans and appliances?
Yes, Woodside Homes offers a variety of customizations. View your floor plan online for more about upgrade options.
How long does the Woodside Homes building process take?
On average, it takes six to eight months for Woodside to build a new home. The company also offers homes ready for move-in.

Is Woodside Homes worth it?

Woodside builds highly rated homes in the Southwest. It’s available in various communities, with new homes starting as low as $260,000 in some areas. A Woodside home could be a worthwhile investment if you find a community and floor plan that matches your taste and your budget.

Resolution response: May 18, 2022

Met the representative today. He is a great guy.

Original review: May 17, 2022

The sales team did a great job, not sure if I was supposed to receive a gift or not from Woodside. After moving in for a few days, some items in the house did not function. I called the site supervisor and he was extremely helpful, tried to repair things himself. After being unsuccessful, he forward my concerns to Woodside's representative and it has been two weeks with no response. Our Woodside realtor can't get a hold of him too. I was patience enough but now it seemed like as long as they get your money, communication stops.

Woodside Homes response

Hello! We apologize for any frustration you're experiencing. Woodside is dedicated to taking care of our homeowner's needs, so this gap in communication is irregular for us. We will provide your feedback to your Customer Care Team for their review and they will reach out.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2022

Buying a home from Woodside Homes was the biggest financial mistake of my life. Woodside Homes not only has the worst quality control and workmanship of any builder or any home I’ve ever been in, they will also provide zero communication and help after they’ve rushed the house to their idea of “completion.” Six months later, and I’m still missing essential items (cabinets that were promised shortly after closing are still undelivered) and have had zero additional work or fixes completed despite the multiple promises, “I’ll get back to you”s, etc etc.

The fact of the matter is, the house you are getting is built poorly throughout the entire process. I wouldn’t be so upset about delays for fixes if it weren’t for the house itself being of such poor construction to begin with, but the quality issues in these builds are undeniable. I have a brother-in-law who works in construction who I had come inspect the work, and he could do nothing but laugh at the low effort, corner-cutting methods utilized. Every contractor I’ve had in the home to do work since moving in has shared a similar sentiment. For Woodside Homes to take such little pride in their work and not back up the big talk that the sales team will feed you throughout the entire process is nothing short of disappointing.

In addition to all these issues, the purchase price you’re quoted at the initial sales meeting will go up by $30-50k by the time you are finally through the waitlist and it’s your time to sign the purchase agreement. The whole process leaves a horrible taste in your mouth, and the overpriced home is not at all worth the poor level of quality put into it.

Woodside Homes response

Hello Michael. We received your feedback via Google Reviews recently and our Customer Care Manager should have reached out to you. If he hasn't yet, he indicated that he will be doing so soon. He is eager to discuss your concerns.

Original review: March 30, 2022

On 3/29/22 we are experiencing another plumbing leak in our 2nd story plumbing that is leaking down to the 1st story roof. We experienced a leak from our shower upstairs in 2020 because our shower was sealed incorrectly. Now another plumbing leak. The plumbing was not done correctly. We highly do not recommend purchasing a Woodside home as their workmanship is not per riverside county code.

Woodside Homes response

Hello Brock. Let's get you in touch with the Southern California division's Customer Care Team so they can review what's going on. We will have someone reach out either today or tomorrow.

Original review: March 7, 2022

I bought my 1st house from Woodside Homes and spent 450k. Since day 1 facing a lot of problems- water stands on driveway, indoor outdoor walls are full of cracks, paint wearing off near the windows, not properly insulated as you will feel a cold air flowing though closed doors and electrical outlets. All these stuff is normal per warranty manager and I have to wait for the cracks to widen up so can patch up and paint them. Per warranty manager the cracks are normal as the house was built fast and build in summer and given references of other houses In the neighborhood. Pathetic experience- Worst, worst and worst home builders.

Woodside Homes response

Hello Gagandeep. We apologize for any frustration you're feeling. We never intend for that to happen. Your concerns are important to us, so we will run them past a few more minds at the division level and have someone reach out to you to discuss them. Expect contact either today or tomorrow, at the latest, after they've been able to review everything. Have a good day.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

Initially we were extremely happy with our Woodside Home. Our building process was amazing! Great communication and super helpful getting things corrected. Since living in our home our opinion has changed completely. We are within our first year of living in our home and naturally have repairs that need to be completed. The communication with the woodside representative has been sporadic at best. Trades come to our home and have no idea what they are there to fix and they do not have the correct supplies and because of this need to be rescheduled. The same trades have been scheduled multiple time and either do not show up or cannot make the repair. We are extremely frustrated and disappointed with this part of our process.

Woodside Homes response

Hi Amiee. We apologize for the frustration you're experiencing. We will bring this issue to the attention of the Customer Care Team so they can communicate with their subcontractors about it. Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

For me Woodside home experience had been really good. These people helped me a lot during all the process. Got my new house a little bit earlier. Got some issues at the beginning, nothing big but I got so much help it was incredible. Really happy how everything overcome. Thanks to all and each person that helped me around.

Woodside Homes response

Thank you for the kind words, Esperanza! We're so happy you enjoyed building your new home with us.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

Presale was amazing. I do not give one star to them just because the sale process was really good. I Purchased the model home 3 months ago and after received the house I have created several request (Fixes) and only one resolved (Partially) by them. Tree fall down, pull cabinet missing, no manuals, irrigation system leaking, Oven was not working (Fixed by manufacturer), front door not closed correctly and a gap in the floor, Bathroom towel rack and toilet paper rack not properly installed (Fall down), Email was send for each issue and no responses in all of them, always an excuse or not response at all.

Woodside Homes response

Hello Carlos. Thanks for your feedback, we truly do appreciate it. We apologize for any frustration you are feeling. It is always our intention to give the best care to each of our homebuyer's concerns. We are going to have a few more people in the division office review what you've listed here and have someone reach out to you to discuss. Thank you and have a good day.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

To buy a home from these people is a joke. They won't tell you what is available and when you can get the house. It is a game to them. All they will tell you are lies such as "place your name on the waiting list." And when we ask them question that, "Do we need to be qualified for loans," they said, no. We said, "We did get qualified through a lender from your other branch Woodside Homes", they said, "that doesn't matter. They will still need to check your credit again because we don't know when we will have homes for you as there are 300-400 people on waitlist."

"But wait, we can't tell you what is your number on the list. We may contact you if we would like." Sounds like a scam. And one person said they are sold out. The other person said no it is not. They will keep having release coming out and you may be called. With this kind of stupid attitude I for sure won't be giving my money to these thugs.

Hello Angel,

Could you please send us a private message with the name of the community you're referring to? Many of our communities are in very high demand, but with delays that are often out of our control, we're only able to open a new phase once in a while with each phase only offering a few homes. We try to convey that our interest list is a first-come-first-served setup rather than a waitlist, so we understand how you may be frustrated if that wasn't clear. We apologize in that case.

Original review: May 28, 2021

Updated on 05/29/2021: Again this morning, despite being assured by Woodside homes, their contracted team literally couple arms length from my bedroom BLASTING their music without a care or concern for live in residents?!? Again contacted Woodside corporate through email and vm left X 2, still ZERO concern for the homebuyers. Have developed tinnitus and ocular migraine headaches since exposure to ongoing construction and Woodside employees noise/music.

I messaged Vincent and Doug that I had no choice but to walk onto construction site behind my home to stop the insanity of BLARING MUSIC. They did not care nor respond to my sms. Their employee denied being told that playing music was prohibited on site and unaware of policy that Woodside has REPEATEDLY told me was known to all trades. After half an hour another set of Woodside construction employees AGAIN stated PLAYING MUSIC full BLAST. I then messaged Woodside team, again no response nor care or concern for residents, and had to go back to request music be shut off due to the OBVIOUS. WOODSIDE is not to be TRUSTED, they do not have any concern for the consumer, just the $$$$. Reports have been completed to pertinent entities, awaiting investigation.

Original Review: Upon moving into my home, immediately noticed garage was not working nor the heat. This after Woodside homes had done their checkpoint inspections. I had to have the heat/ac company come out (during the pandemic) 3 times to fix the wrongfully installed system. Was blocked out of my garage for 2 weeks until installer was able to come out to fix new garage door opener. Among other still to be repaired issues that have not been addressed by Woodside.

What has been the most pressing issue if the ongoing noise levels with their ongoing construction, with subcontractors ALLOWED to play their ongoing blaring Spanish music disrupting working from home and residential living. Woodside corporate has been made fully aware of this issue and has done almost nothing to stop this intolerable intrusion on our day to day living. I have even requested I be supplied with hearing protection, to no avail. I have developed tinnitus and ocular migraine headaches due to Woodside violations. After 7 months of ZERO resolution, I am escalating this ongoing issue to my attorney. DO NOT BUY A WOODSIDE HOME, they do NOT care about you, only their bottom line$$$$.

Woodside Homes response

Hello Mariah. Thank you for your feedback, it truly is important to us. We apologize for any frustration you're experiencing. What I'd like to do is put your concerns in front of a few more people at the Southern California division office for their review. After they've had a chance to look it over, they will reach out to you.

Resolution response: March 11, 2021

We were contacted by customer service with regard to the whole situation and have since seen the sales associate. She has been pleasant since the whole situation and our correspondence has been pleasant as well.

We are absolutely in love with the architecture of the new home. It was so well designed and very much our dream home. Also, I must say that Laurie from the design center is absolutely amazing. She has been phenomenal at helping us decide the right color scheme and figuring out what would work best for our lifestyle etc. I have nothing but praise for Laurie's knowledgeability, professionalism, and helpfulness throughout this whole process. She has definitely turned this whole experience into much more of an exciting evolution for my family and me.

Original review: March 4, 2021

My husband and I are literally 14 days into this transaction and have had the worst customer service with one of the associates. When asking for clarification on our contract agreement we were met with a hostile and very rude email response. I am now incredibly fearful of how our future transactions and correspondence will be going forward and considering canceling our contract. The only thing good I can say about Woodside is that the homes are absolutely beautiful with an incredible architectural layout and has a nice open concept.

Woodside Homes response

Hello Amanda! We apologize for the frustration you're feeling. Let's get the division office involved to review your concerns. We would never want someone fearful of working with us. We truly enjoy working with our clients and always strive to give them an excellent home-building experience. It's such a great time in life when building a new home; it's important to love it. We will have the division office contact you in a few days. Thank you for your feedback.

Woodside Homes Company Information