Find a Home Builders partner

3. Home Builders

1.5/5 (114 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Palm Harbor Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Palm Harbor Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Palm Harbor Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Palm Harbor Homes?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

We fell in love with the Horizon as soon as we walked into it on the lot in Corinth TX. We moved in with the flooring coming up in many places, gaps in molding and doors and a long list of items that were not addressed by the factory. The customer service was horrible.

Hi Diane,

Please feel free to reach out to our customer service department at 800-456-8744 option 3 or email customerservice@palmharbor.com so we can look into your concerns.

Regards,

Palm Harbor Customer Service

Resolution response: Aug. 15, 2021

Director of retail has promised to look into the matter...hopefully my home finally gets finished soon.

Original review: July 28, 2021

Here is my personal experience. I gave them a low rating based on their archaic business practices, non-transparent sales tactics, and overall operations and how it effects the customer. I like their homes, the designs, and some of the stated costs. I bought one, but be warned or wiser than I was.. When it comes time to sign the contracts, they will have added several thousand dollars in charges, and call it their "gold key service", which is basically their way of raising the price without having to tell you upfront the real cost of the home. Also, realize they can take however long they want to actually build your home. They may provide you with a guess but, if it takes them 2 years to complete, you really have no recourse but to just sit and wait, no matter how much that costs you.

And just because your home has been constructed, don't be fooled into thinking it's almost over... They can also take however long they want to deliver your home.... Could be months, while it sits completed in a yard waiting, and of course you'll never be provided with ANY updates or commitments of any kind from them regarding when your new home will arrive and how many months it will take them to complete the on site work once your home finally does arrive.... Again, that can also easily take several more months.

If you have any questions or problems, or request any kind of commitment you won't get it, and you'll often hear no response or someone telling you... "Um no, you need to contact this person or that department, I don't handle that." Had I to do it all over again, I probably wouldn't use them... It's just not worth dealing with a company that operates like it's the 1800's.... There are so many other manufacturers that actually do a much better and more responsible job, and produce a better product. Do your homework/research.

Martin,

Please contact our customer service department via email at customerservice@palmharbor.com or 800-456-8744 option 3 and they can look into your concerns.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 12, 2021

We have had our home 16 months and our air conditioner has broke 11 times! They replaced the entire unit yesterday but left the faulty blower in. It's Sunday and the blower has went out again! No one will call me no one will fix the issue! Biggest mistake we ever made was buying this home!

Hi Lindsey,

I am sorry that you are having issues with your A/C unit. Palm Harbor did not manufacture the a/c unit. The units are provided by a 3rd party company and installed. The unit does have a warranty through the manufacturer of the unit and usually the retailer has an Extended Service plan available. If you have any questions please feel free to call our customer service line at 800-456-8744 option 3. They can provide you with the details of this service plan.

Original review: April 27, 2021

I do not recommend buying a Palm Harbor home. The workmanship is subpar. Many things do not work. HVAC, Plumbing, Some electrical. Faucets installed incorrectly. The siding installed poorly (GAPS) around the door and windows. Refrigerator damaged with 3 huge dents. Also, one or more of the workers thought it was ok to leave cigarette ashes in the sink and to pee in the toilet and leave it (because the plumbing didn't work) and so the toilet was stained before anyone ever even took possession.

The seller refused to take responsibility and pointed to Palm Harbor. Palm Harbor advised that they would "See what they could do but that they are VERY backed up". It's been nearly 2 months on some issues and several weeks on others and no responses. PLEASE USE EXTREME CAUTION. Make sure you FULLY Understand the contract and then make sure someone can review everything in the home for your safety. Palm Harbor takes "putting lipstick on a pig" to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL.

Original review: April 23, 2021

Let me start by saying our sales person Nelson was amazing. We went in and explained our situation, that we had just sold our home and needed something built quickly. He explained that it just so happened they had a modular home that someone had backed out of in the warehouse, and that we could take it and be in it within 3 to 4 months, this was perfect since we were basically homeless. We never actually got to see the home, because apparently you are not allowed in the warehouse. He did take us on a tour of the model. It was quick and just what we were looking for. We signed the paperwork, gave our deposit and started the process.

Now this is where everything went down hill. We purchased our land, had it cleared, got our financing in order and were ready to start. We never heard from anyone at Palm Harbor. We called every day for months, the only one who did return our calls was Nelson, who at this point had done his job. The building manager, not really sure what he does, would never return our calls. We are way past the 3 to 4 month mark by now, having to live in hotels or with family or friends. Then comes the permitting issues, our job sat in permitting for over 6 months, we called every day to both Palm Harbor and the permit office, trying to get answers about what was taking so long.

No one would return our calls from either place. We are now going on 9 months. No home, No permits, No phone calls. Finally Palm Harbor calls and says "due to permitting issues they are backing out of the deal." ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! So yes we are still homeless, we have a nice cleared piece of property we have spent thousand of dollars on, not to mention the thousands of dollars on hotels' stays and other expenses. But wait here is the best part, even though they backed out of the deal and cost us so much time and money, They kept our deposit!! LIKE I SAID RUN!!!!

Original review: March 15, 2021

We first visited a Houston area Palm Harbor office. We were then shifted to another office and another salesperson. Once we decided on the floor plan we wanted we drove the 45 minutes to go over our interior design details. The sales manager was not ready in that he didn't have all the design books present (I should have followed my instincts and left then and simply marked Palm Harbor off the list). We had to go back a second time to go over these details. Even then there were inconsistencies with what we were being told. We chalked some of this up to the learning curve.

We set up an appointment to go to the factory to see our home in the process of being built. PH was very proud of the custom cabinets they manufacture on site. Our cabinets are not high quality and from the first look we could see that follow through had not been a priority. Once the house was moved on-site it was discovered the PH hired contractor had made a mistake on the concrete poured for the house to rest on. That was corrected and the house was tied down.

The first tech that came in to texture the house said that he would not provide the seamless finish we had paid for. He called his boss and we were told the same. We called PH and the factory supervisor corrected the situation. That same technician also tried to get us to sign off on the house. No floors in, nothing finished. We did not sign off on the house. We went through many many more such experiences (I think too many to go through each one). Ultimately we had to have the factory management and the sales management meet us at the house to go over ALL the issues we found. The cabinets were a big disappointment. Rough edges, sloppy construction.

The floor plan is open and we do like it. Although with such an open floor plan the house is noisy no matter where you are in the house. You can hear someone in the bathroom from the living room even with the vent on, this is also true for the hall bath and the tv/game room. We have had 2 roof leaks into the master bathroom, the master bedroom door frame/door are 5/8" off on the hardware meeting and I'm told this is settling. Not in my mind since the door has always had an issue closing. We had to have the utility room door replaced since after working on the door 3 times they took the door plate out and simply left a large hole in the door frame.

Finally I got the factory to come out and simply put in a new door. The hardware and sinks are the cheapest on the market. I can go on and on but I think you get the idea. DO NOT purchase your PH home from the Alvin office and Nick **. We have been in the house just a year and I look forward to moving as soon as possible. We spent a lot of money and time on our home and are disappointed in the lack of organization on the follow through. When you call in a repair, no one calls back or emails to confirm the request was received. Beware that you will have to push, push, push to get follow through with this company. Do yourself a favor and build with another company.

Original review: March 2, 2021

We bought a Palm Harbor home because it was supposed to be a high quality home. The first week it was on the foundation the shingles started blowing and the insides weren’t even completed. The lot people called the plant and they told them that I had to turn it into my homeowners insurance. We weren't even in it yet. The lot people replaced the shingles on their own dime. They were Cari-Sell Homes. They have done us a great job. I get to looking at the quality and there isn’t any. At least no worse or Better than the Competition. The siding wasn’t flush nailed. All the heads are at an angle not flush. You can tell it was put together in a hurry. The hell with quality. Knowing what I know now I would have looked elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

Spoke with Mark the manager at the Albany location regarding a crack in the ceiling at the marriage line between the living room and kitchen after having the house less than a year. I understand now that it is no longer their responsibility after our walkthrough to have that fixed by them. However, less than a year of having the house we had many issues that needed to be fixed that were within our warranty from wiring issues to cuts in the flooring, nails sticking out from the flooring, leaks from the outside faucet, outlets in the kitchen had no power so when the inspector came through that we had to pay he did not allow us to move in and we had to repay him to come back on a different day until it was corrected.

Each time Palm Harbor send out a contractor to have these issues taken care of which it took months my husband and I had to work out which one of us would take a vacation days off, and the contractor did not show up that day. We lost a day of work. When they did show up the parts were ordered incorrectly so they had to reschedule. Again, another missed workday.

Working with this company was an absolute nightmare! When I ask Mark, "Did you know about all of this that our family had to go through." His response was no, and that's why they got rid of the person who was in charge of that department. Instead of saying because of everything we put you guys through, we will fix that crack, or at least offer to pay for half. The person that they got rid of was still a representative of Palm Harbor so they should stand by their company regardless. I hope you're reading this Floyd... Stand by your company. I would think twice before purchasing a home from them!!! Think of it as a car salesman. Once you purchase that car and take it off the lot, if you have any problems once you get it to your place you're out of luck.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

So we decided to buy Palm Harbor for second time, however this time we choose to purchase what is called the high end of Palm Harbor homes. To start with the dealership lied to us about what we were getting and did not work with us at all regarding issues with what they call drainage pad. I sent them a letter and was told too bad so sad. I had to get HUD involved and I am still not finished. I have had to have the tech on-site 3 times so far to replace the face of our cabinets in the kitchen and bathroom as they keep splitting. They have to come again because of more splitting and I have 3 face that is falling off the cabinet. Now cabinets are not even painted as they used MDF board with a wrap which is now peeling.

Even though they put texture on the wall I can see where the sheetrock joints are. We cleaned the baseboard and the paint came off. Then I was warned by the tech that molding could not be painted because they have a wrap and are not painted. The tiles on the floor are coming unglued. Now I could go on with all the problems we have been encountering but that is not the place.

My first Palm Harbor home was the low end of Palm Harbor home and I never had problems with them or the house. I asked for specific electrical outlet on outside the house and the confirmed 4 different times that it would be done. It never got done and when I complained they said, "If we did not put it on paper then we do not do it. Our verbal agreement is meaningless." So I say STAY AWAY from Palm Harbor. Yeah they still have the great structure however the rest of house is built with the cheapest material on the market and the worksmanship sucks. When I was shopping for home I was looking at Titan but decided to go with Palm Harbor and the Titan sales rep told me I would regret it and I have to say that he is right. I have regretted since day one.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

If I had it to do all over I would have not went to Tomball Palm Harbor, I bragged to my husband how great they are, homes are great because 18 years ago my son's Dad, and I purchased one from another location off 45. It was great home and land package deal. The Tomball store is the most unprofessional under managed place I have ever dealt with, I still have not gotten moved in, and I regret telling my husband to purchase it. Jamie is the rudest most unprofessional manager. I asked for corporate's number for 2 days and Jamie told me to Google it, he told me I was not allowed to call up there and hung up on me, and we have not even picked up the keys yet, I have been patient, nice, I'm done with them. I want to talk to someone in corporate. Them 2 are the rudest, that store has had 3 managers since we have been waiting for everything to get done employees same way.

JT was the reason I went there. I heard how great he was, I know he was very nice, cared about customer satisfaction. I called up there to see if the power was going to trailer yet because electric was on. I done paid movers and everything. Monday we should have need in there, 4 things was stopping us from moving in, Sandra the one that does septic bow she is great, the best. she gets stuff done. When I had an issue within 30 minutes she had a crew out there, and it was done. She's great!!

I love palm harbor, but if you want a palm harbor home please do not go to Tomball store. Worst store manager very rude, and that's Jamie, and Rolan. Commission is all he wanted. Now he's on vacation for 2 weeks, I'm waiting on corporate to call me back, and I'm hoping they can help me because Tomball store won't even talk to me, I was told I was not allowed to call them anymore and if I do they answer and say. "I thought I told you not to call back," and again have not even moved in or got keys to the place yet.

Palm Harbor Homes Company Information