Palm Harbor Homes

Compare Home Builders and Developers

Research top Home Builders and Developers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am moving back to TX. I called the Alvin location for pricing stated I was A CASH buyer but she said I would have to still put a deposit down to even get any information, on land, houses etc. I asked her, "Why? That seemed odd that I would have to sign a contract? Cannot you just give me an estimate of prices." She just kept saying I had to come in even though I explained I was in CA and was just trying to get a quote. She said they have over 400 plus homes. Kept insisting a contract and deposit had to be done first!!! I told her I bought my property here without paying my realtor till deal was done, but she wouldn't listen. Wanted money BEFORE would even give prices or look for land!!! Seemed very strange to me.

Stay away from these people. They are just trying to make a paycheck off you, and once you come to your senses they become extremely pushy and just downright rude. We put $1000 down with the promise of no issues getting it back and now were having to contact our bank to get it because the manager Hunter. After changing our mind in wanting a manufactured home, he decided to tell us 'Outside of a falling apart rat hole, I'm not sure what she thinks she can get for that' then proceeded to cut down everything I had to say, basically telling us (as first time buyers) this was our only option. Which is BULL. We've already talked to many people who gave us better prices than these homes. STAY AWAY or at least come in with a little knowledge or they will take complete advantage of you.

My husband and I spent $200,000 on a new PHH home. The sales people said that as a thank you they were providing us with a free five year warranty. A warranty that applies to shoddy workmanship, of which there is plenty. We have been waiting five MONTHS for the service department to repair structural defects. Each time I contact the service manager, Tyler **, I am told they are several weeks away from repairs to our brand new, expensive home. He has told us several WEEKS for the past five MONTHS. Our home is beautiful, however once delivered you are on your own in handling cracked dry wall, unsecured bathroom tiles, reversed hot and cold water, cracked crown molding, etc.

There are so many issues with our home but the major ones are my dishwasher doesn't work, the finish contractor used a charcoal gray caulk on my white tile making a mess of it when we told him that all the tile work needed to be regrouted because of cracked and missing grout and we can't use our master bath shower until that is fixed and we can have our tile sealed. Our soap niche in our master bath is slanted so that water collects and doesn't drain and our tile work is sloppy and crooked.

None of my cabinets and drawers have handles although I picked the style that I wanted with the dealer. We ordered a bank of drawers in the master bath vanity and was told that the dealer deleted it off our order. One of our rooms has a large area that isn't painted. We have cracks in the Sheetrock in the tray ceiling and windows and was told that it was up to factory standards. Many of our doors don't latch. Our home does not have adequate access underneath it - it is so small you would have to be a child to use it. The siding joints on the outside of our home are not caulked and sealed.

According to their gold key standard brochure our home was supposed to be cleaned to model home standard and it was filthy - there is Sheetrock mud all over our blinds, doors, molding, vents, floors, cabinets, and it took a long time to clean. The finish contractor had the door off the furnace while working on the sheetrock and so there is dust and debris in all our vents and we will have to hire a company to come and clean our ductwork. Their brochure says that our home was built by factory trained craftsmen and our home is thoroughly inspected before it leaves the factory - we now know that these are lies and propaganda because our cabinets weren't even anchored to the walls properly and had to be fixed by the finish contractor. And they would have known that our dishwasher doesn't drain. The window molding has not been cut properly and sticks out passed the ledge.

There is damage to the ceiling by the fans and it needs to be repaired. We were supposed to have an electrical box and switch in our living room so that we could add a light or ceiling fan later but it was not installed.Their brochure states that our home will be finished to our satisfaction not to their factory standards. There are several new homes by Palm Harbor in our neighborhood and all our neighbors are having similar issues and we all are wondering if we need to hire an attorney in order to get some action as Palm Harbor knows of our issues but has yet to call me and come out and fix these items. We are researching other avenues that might also get us some action.

If I could, I would've rated Palm Harbor Homes as a ZERO! The LIES began (I found out later) when we were told the home would only take between 8 to 12 weeks to complete by salesman Alex **. We were building on our existing lot that had electric & septic so it was a reasonable time frame. We were told that having the house completed by March (6 months) was not a problem. We signed the contracts in late September, giving Palm Harbor Homes in Plant City, FL a $2,500 deposit. The first 6 weeks, nothing happened. No calls to schedule a survey or inspection of the septic. We would frequent the model center so we could get answers. We were passed off to another salesperson shortly after signing. We continued with the project since we were still within our time frame. We were asked for another $6,000.

When I questioned the salesman Mike ** about the $2,500 we had already given Palm Harbor I was told, "That money was used for the permits, it goes quickly." Not wanting to relinquish more funds, I debated, but knew that if I didn't provide the funds the home would not be completed by March. Mike told us we could write the check for $5,500. More nagging ensued to get someone out there. Finally, a site visit. Every time we asked about the permits, we were told we were waiting on them. No action on the property in December at all, not even a foundation. Come January we inquired about the permits yet again & were told they were waiting on them. We were told to have the existing home removed by the end of January.

On January 12, 2017 we arrived at the model center questioning what was going on! I had called the county inquiring about the construction permit and was informed that NO such permit had even been applied for as of that date. We met with John ** who ASSURED us that he would check into the permit issues and have someone take the plans immediately to the county on January 13, 2017. He then told us that Palm Harbor had 90 days once the house was placed on the foundation to complete. No mention of THAT time frame before. We were also informed that John would get back with us on January 16, 2017. Well, that didn't happen. He told Mike to call us and Mike was clueless as to what was going on (an ongoing issue).

So, as of January 16, 2017, NO house was being built, no foundation, and no other answers either. Finally, the LAST straw was when I called the county on January 19, 2017 at 4:30 pm and found out yet again that NO construction permit had been applied for on the property address. On Friday, January 20, 2017 I wrote an email to Palm Harbor Homes to Alex **, Mike **, and John ** informing them that they were to DISCONTINUE any further plans for our home. Permits for homes DO NOT take that long and you must actually APPLY for the construction permit if you plan of getting it approved. The next week we found out when WE called the county that the septic permit was issued on December 9, 2016.

I wrote another email informing the builder, Palm Harbor Homes, of that fact since they neglected to inform me and again asked for a refund of our deposits. The buyer of the previous home on the lot will be removing it at the end of the month of February (thanks to small favors). So, come the end of February we will be homeless. This is not to mention that the storage facility where we have all of our belongings must now be extended for another year until we can build a new home. We asked for a refund of our $8,000 minus the survey and septic permit. We are still waiting to receive the "minus expenses" amount from Palm Harbor Homes that we were told we would receive back on January 20, 2017. Still waiting!! The multiple LIES and misrepresentations by Palm Harbor Homes employees goes beyond unethical.

The ONLY thing I asked them to do was to be honest with us. We understand that things can happen and time frames may need to be shifted due to unforeseen circumstances. This company does not even follow their own mission and vision statements. Mission - To build and sell customers' dream homes that exceed their expectations. Customer satisfaction is our first priority. Vision - Our vision is to carry out this purpose by having all our builders, installation professionals and employees provide a "NO EXCUSES" commitment to total and complete satisfaction. Potential buyers - PLEASE do your homework!! The new builder we are working with only requires a $1,000 deposit! Don't be fooled by imitations like Palm Harbor Homes.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Palm Harbor Homes?

A home purchase is one of the largest single investments most people make. We love our home. We raised 3 children in our home. And our home survived 3 hurricanes. Our Palm Harbour home remains standing on our farm and has done so for over 25 years!!! And that is speaking volumes for the construction. The Palm Harbour homes have only gotten better over the past 25 years!! I advised to a person in need of a home - buy Palm Harbour. It is the BEST home value and BEST home construction on the market today.

I won't give a long story about how we bought this home I BC and it took us 6 months to get in. I won't bother you how it failed inspection 2x, the electrical panel was labeled incorrectly, how the toilet was against the wall and was unusable, how the manufacturer put in a 30 amp dryer receptacle behind the range which needs a 50 amp receptacle, how bare 220 V wire was showing etc, etc. But, I bitched long enough that Mike **, service manager at Palm Harbor Homes and Norm **, director for the parent company Cavco are coming to BC to see this abomination of a house.

I had a great experience with them. I don't understand why people are having problems with their manufactured homes. You have to have a local inspector inspect your home (not affiliated with Palm Harbor) do a thorough inspection before the home is completed. If the home was not up to standard Palm Harbor builders would have to fix the problem. Go to ** to read all of the info you need to get your home inspected (by local law) properly. There should be no reason you have problems if you do what you are suppose to.

They work hard to SALE you a home but after the sale they are done with you and your family! DO NOT buy a PALM HARBOR home period especially from Cliff ** out of San Antonio Texas!!! We have a brand new home with cracks in sheet rock, electrical issues, marriage line sagging, exterior skirting paint does NOT match the rest of home, endless hot water doesn't work! All these issues and WE CANNOT get anyone to respond about fixing! All we get is runaround and everyone points finger at each other. It's been the worst experience my wife and I have ever been through!

I was trying to buy a new mobile home and they sold me a Fleetwood instead. Now they won't come out and fix anything. The cabinet doors fell off, the tub in master bath had hole in it. My home is a 2015. I call and call. I don't know what to do.

Had this home for 7 years now. Shingles started coming up. While securing the shingles I noticed there is no felt under the shingles. WOW! No wonder it leaks. I have prepaid legal through my company. Calling my attorney. Was told by sales rep that the walls were 2x4 construction. More lies not 2x4. Told we would have real wood cabinets. Another lie. Bought this through the Seguin TX location.

Background: Purchased a Palm Harbor home from the Buda (TX) sales lot in June 2006. Below is a first person account (NOT hearsay or 3rd party) of the total lack of quality in this Palm Harbor home. This comment section might be long... but please read. It is for your information to avoid buying a Palm Harbor home. You buy... you will be sorry and filled with regret.

Roof was replaced (have pics) last year (2015). Thus roof lasted 9 years. It leaked so bad... now the ceiling has to be repainted. The siding (was suppose to last 20 years) is already going soft. There are about 3 areas at the base of the siding around the perimeter of the trailer. The kitchen sink drain leaked. The fitting at the base was not even hand tightened. This caused the water to run on the shelve underneath the sink. Went around later and noticed all sinks (at the time before remodeling I had 4 kitchen/bathroom sinks) were snug at best or loose.

The setup crew either ran out of solid concrete cinder blocks or they didn't care. Thus there was a gap underneath the master bedroom bath where the trailer was held up by... I guess by thin air. Frame slightly bent. I had the mobile trailer re-leveled prior to my remodeling. This crew (they were true professionals vs. the Palm Harbor sub'd-out crew) could not believe that the Palm Harbor set up crew did not water leveling (this is a clear hose with colored dyed water) to level my home when originally bought.

Please follow me here... this might be a tad bit long: Double wide trailers are put together and where the fascia meets on both sides at the very top... at the apex... there is a gap. Good mobile home mfg's will custom form a piece of siding to hide the gap. Or the set crew will simply use a saw after measuring what needs to be cut. NOT Palm Harbor... they just pick up any old piece of siding. I mean way too big and slap it up. It looks cheap AND IS CHEAP.

The BASE PLATE: Having remodeled this trailer, I have come to learn about just "how" it is built. One word comes to mind... CHEAPLY! The "base plate" (this is one your wall studs stand on) is not a 2"X4" like on a conventional site built home. Could we possibly get maybe a 1" X 4" piece of wood for the base plate? Think again! The base plate is not even, not EVEN a 1" X 4' (to be exact a 1X3 for the interior walls). In fact, I don't know what it's made out of. Wood perhaps... not sure. Given that, there is nothing to nail in your base boards into.

The toilet are great... that is if you stand about 4 feet tall. They are closer to what you see at a day care facility for children. Bathroom cabinets: The interior of both bathroom cabinets were not painted at all. What I got was RAW OSB board. There is so much plastic in this house i.e., the outside light fixtures were not made of metal. Just cheap formed plastic. Kitchen island: The kitchen island was made OK. No complaints. But it was crooked in relation to the kitchen walls. I guess Palm Harbor can't pull a 90 from a wall.

Paid extra to have a type of James Hardie skirting used. Did not want that cheap plastic skirting. Skirting was poorly installed and cracked later. That was about 700 bucks down the drain. The flooring is a joke. I'm talking about the sub-floor here. Got the plywood option for $2400... was a rip. Anyway, the plywood is not even 5/8" thick. They use a type of 1/2" plywood... paper thin!!! I could go on but I've been too long here. Electrical... windows (I have "flow thru ventilation... with the windows CLOSED!), etc. etc. Avoid ALL mobile homes. They do not increase in value. You will pay M-O-R-E for insurance. Guaranteed. But most of all... DO NOT BUY PALM HARBOR.

Follow the reviews. STAY AWAY FROM PALM HARBOR HOMES!!! We worked with the general manager at the start. We told them we were cash payers and that seemed to excite them initially. Once manager got our money he was gone from company and everything went wrong. We were promised a $1500 gift card, never got it and still fighting for it, the temporary steps they provide are unstable, dangerously steep, and all for us have been injured on them yet PH doesn't want to do anything about that.

The house has been unlevel since we moved in and they refuse to do anything about it even when we hired an engineer to look at it and he agreed that we had a major problem. We have had to have them replace our kitchen floor 4 times, FOUR!! We have had to move all our furniture and appliances every time and open up our home for 2+ days of work. Even after new floors were put in they found a way to ruin it or scratch or it'd ripple up etc. Floors along were a complete nightmare. They've done floor work in literally every room. Our drawers have completely fallen apart in our hands when we slid them out to get things like a fork. Cabinets are all hung crooked and look like crap. We "upgraded" the carpet and the cabinets... I can't imagine what the the non-upgraded stuff is like because our cabinets and carpet are CHEAP, very cheap!

I said something to Greg ** and he said "ya the carpets and things are cheaper because it's the way they keep the cost of the homes down" but since I take good care of it we might be able to get 10yrs out of it. We moved in and found holes in the walls, crap on the carpets, scratches in the paneled walls. I had list after list after list of problems they needed to fix from the very start. We were lied to by the salesman about how long it takes to be able to move in to the house so we had to move in while they were still doing "trim out" and working on all the lists I had made of the problems I found immediately upon move in.

The pantry door had the glass in it and we clearly told them we wanted a solid door there. And had to fight for one of those because stupid salesman did not put it on contract and they want to try and fight that if you wanted something then it HAD to be in the contract. I can honestly say, what you see in the model is nothing like what you get. The couple of trim out people that have come have said that the house is put together with one person working over another trying to pump the houses out as quickly as possible and the last thing they care about is it being done in a "quality workmanship" way.

It's all about getting them done as fast as possible like a production line. They told me the carpet is rolled out on the concrete outside of the home and cuts are made. But while carpets laid out all the workers walk all over it in the factory so there's been paint and such on carpets that are from other homes or dirt or mud stains from the workers shoes. The carpet is poor poor poor quality and ours is supposedly the upgraded stuff. The molding and trim they put everywhere is a cardboard wrapped in paper, they even told me that's what it is.

It's crappy quality big time, cheapest stuff possible. You will not get what you see in the models. You will get much worse. The customer service to get things done is HORRIBLE. They are incredibly rude! All of them!!! They act like everything is customers fault and try to weasel out of everything. We were promised a gift card because they wouldn't do some things we wanted by the general manager we bought from but since he left the day after we paid cash for our home they aren't wanting to honor his promise.

Here's a list of some of the problems we've had, and remember, we have only been in it a year: hinges rusted in bathroom, kitchen drawers broke in our hands, cabinets are hungry crooked, all outlets are put in extremely crooked, doors swing shut on their own because they won't fix the leveling issue we've had since before we moved in, hole in wall from door handle (done in factory before stopper was put on), weather stripping on doors ripped up, been through 4 kitchen floors, humps bumps and bouncy spots throughout house.

Horrible let carpet seams, carpet just falls apart to the touch, cracks in walls, wavy roof, unstable dangerous steps provided, cheap cheap cheap products, use stain pen to try and cover problems, caulk gaps on cabinetry because they didn't want to have to fix it, put quarter round on top of built in desk top because there was a big gap between it and wall and they didn't want to have to rebuild it or fix it properly so they just covered it up. The list truly goes on and on and on.

Palm Harbor is definitely a company you do NOT want to buy from if you care about spending your hard earned money on a well built home. Once they have your money, they treat you like completely worthless crap. When you want something serious fixed, like the fact our home was never level, they tell you that it will cost them too much to have the right people come out and level the home so they can't do it for you. What?? Um, no, you're still responsible to fix our home regardless of what it costs. Just beware. They give you poor quality and will do anything to get out of fixing the issues. We were told by their own employees that they are given bonuses each month for how many houses they can do. They rush through house after house to get their bonuses! That's why you get ** work.

I have been doing a lot of research for a manufactured home that I will enjoy. I came across one of Palm Harbor's models and then called about upgrades. It was only in discussing the upgrades did the person helping me mention that the pictures on their websites were for the upgraded model. Next to the picture of the home the price is $36,900. You have to look at the fine print at the bottom of the page to read the home shown may not be representative of the actual price. She said that the price for the model in the pictures was actually $54,900! If you are considering buying one of their homes from looking at the models on the webpage, make sure you call and ask for the real price for the model shown.

I purchased a new home from Palm Harbor in 2004, which was to have a refrigerator with an ice maker. When the home was delivered and set up there was no refrigerator. I called and they said they had to take the one out of the home I purchased and put it into another home they sold, but would get me another, to which they did but without an ice maker. I called for approximately a year, "2004-2005" and still to this date in 2016 no ice maker! What does a person have to do to get what you pay for?

I was so incredibly happy with my home and the team of people involved, I had to give a great review. From sales, to the mover, all the way down the line to the team who did the skirting, my home turned out perfect. Palm harbor provides a high quality home.

First off I should have trusted the reviews. It has been about three months working with them. Some of the fault falls on me because I had to get info for them. I am told things that I know are wrong because I double check on this. They tell me with the company they are working with. I love the house I picked out. But with everyone story, starting to sound like mine. Not sure what I should do.

Consumer Increased Rating!

A few days later someone from Palm Harbor apologized to us. I shared my feelings with her and she was incredibly understanding.

We also have decided to go with Jacobson Homes. They are excellent. Clayton had great customer service, but Jacobson had everything that we wanted in a home. They have been really fun to work with! Ask for Matt. He knows what he is doing and has a ton of experience.

Heather of Ruskin, FL on

Original Review

Terrible experience dealing with this store. I never write reviews, but I feel like I need to in order to save someone that time that I wasted with this company. We went to see the homes and our salesperson was unable to answer any of our questions. I felt like half of our time was them trashing other companies pushing comparisons and the other half prying our financial information from us to determine if we were worth their time. The sales rep and manager wouldn't answer any of my questions straightforward and kept asking about our financial position. I can assure you we are absolutely financially secure and only needed them to answer my questions.

I called a few days later and again, same thing, only wanted to see my pre-approval, wanted to know my credit score, how much my loan was for, pushing for us to use in-house financing, and bashing the other companies we were contemplating using. We were just in a few days previous and the manager didn't even remember who we were!! Worst customer service ever. Their reviews are absolutely horrible and now I know why! They will not be getting any of our money, and they can keep their homes. I called Clayton Homes and their customer service was excellent and they answered every question that I had without prying me for financial information and pushing me to use in-house financing. I felt traumatized by Palm Harbor. I felt like I had been abused by a terrible manipulative used car salesmen. Janeen at Clayton Homes helped restore my perception of manufactured home dealers. Go with Clayton.

All I can say about Palm Harbor Homes is to stay away. The workmanship in your home is not what you see in the models. What you see there is not what you get. Our cabinet drawers are all falling apart after only 9 months of living here. The trim is cardboard wrapped in paper. All of our outlets were installed crooked. Apparently they don't know what a level is. Our shower was installed improperly and our shower door does not close. They came out and caulked it to death to make it close but it looks horrible. They did not install a utility tub at the factory like we asked. It took months to get it. We had no screen door on our patio which we should have had. We were blatantly lied to by the manager about our financing. Also, the contractors they hire to do anything unusual like installing different flooring are just as bad as the factory.

Our whole house looks like a DIY gone bad. We asked them to build us a special cabinet for our microwave/oven unit. We gave them the exact measurements and a picture, but they can't do anything custom because they don't have workers that are smart enough. They built it with a lip so we couldn't get the unit in. Why didn't they just ask if that was correct before they did it. We had to saw off the lip. It has been a nightmare. They treat you like you are important when they take your money but then they build you a crappy house and want nothing to do with you afterwards. My personal goal is to put them out of business. Biggest ripoff ever. We should have done better with our homework. So that part is our fault. They make you sign a waiver that you will not sue them. I wonder why?

Me and my wife bought our home from Plam Harbor in Mid-December 2015. We did not receive our home until March 3rd, 2016. It took Plam Harbor 6 weeks to come out to start finish up with the construction of our home. Their "timeline" for finishing the construction of the house was 60 days. It has now been nearly 90 days. We have had our CO for the past 6 weeks and have been ready to move in since then. I have never experienced worst customer service and the continued excuses on why they are behind in the construction process.

As everyone else has said, before you purchase the home, they are your best friend. After you buy, they could careless about you. It has been the worst experience my wife and myself have ever experienced. Since we have been in the process of buying our home, we have had dozen of people come to us asking about our home because they are in the market for a new home. We turned them away immediately. If you are someone considering purchasing from Palm Harbor in Plant City, FL, please don't. Read all of the reviews and notice the similarities.

The factory rep in Austin seems to think that shoddy workmanship is okay. My kitchen cabinet door keep falling apart and now my shower door won't close. The factory rep said, "Too bad, I can't see sending anyone down to fix anything." Today I had a repairman come to the house and he said the reason the shower door is not closing is because it has parts missing. He may or may not be able to repair it and if he can't I will have to put out money for a new door.

Going on 3 days without a/c in summer Florida. Very rude customer service. These people are your best friends when taking your money then don't know who you are after the sale. When you call for customer service you are treated like you owe them. The p.o.s. poorly built trap was late from the beginning.

When I called about some repairs to my floors and plumbing I was told that they were not covered because Palm Harbor had filed for bankruptcy. That I had purchased the Gold Key warranty did not matter. I was told to crawl under my home to fix my floors and cut a hole in the wall to fix the plumbing. I feel like I paid for something and got nothing. How can I get my 6-yr old home fixed?

Salesman totally misrepresented his product. Construction took way longer than told. Craftsmanship terrible. Absolutely terrible communication about logistics and scheduling. Overpriced, inferior product and terrible customer service. Terrible terrible experience. Please don't purchase a mobile home from this company. If you do, good luck, you were warned! Call me anytime **, I'll be happy to share experience. And you're welcome to tour our un-level, cut-cornered, cheap house of horrors!!

We cannot say enough nice things about our Palm Harbor home or about the customer service we received. Ronnie, our salesman, went above and beyond to assist us from beginning to end. Our home is absolutely beautiful and we appreciate him making our retirement dream lake home a reality! All of our questions and concerns were addressed. Any problems we had, and there were only a few, were taken care of in a timely manner. We have lived in our new home for 4 months and not a day goes by my husband and I both comment on how beautiful it is. Thank you Palm Harbor Homes! Thank you Ronnie and crew!!

We are looking to put a home on our mountain property. I heard about Palm Harbor Homes and looked them up on the internet. I viewed their photos of the homes they offered and found several floor plans that I like. The closest place to me to walk through a model home is 375 miles away. After reading the reviews of Palm Harbor Homes, I won't bother making that trip! I have spent two hours reading the horror stories of others and am amazed at what I've read - and had never read one positive thing about the staff or the homes themselves! Customer service issues are (sadly) one thing but manufacturing issues and repair issues are a complete other issue! Thanks everyone that have posted their (horrible) incidents here - you have saved me millions! Best of luck to everyone! I will continue my search for a beautiful home - far far away from Palm Harbor Homes!

Palm Harbor Homes advertise that they will build your dream home. Well, at the end they build their dream home, so that they will make more money. They put cheap things in upgraded homes and send out people to complete the job that not even know what they are doing! We have a new home where we had to put in new floor, new kitchen cabinets and a new roof!! If you buy a home, don't go to Palm Harbor Homes, instead go to Solitaire where you get what you order.

The saleslady who claims to be christian lies through her teeth and the GM blames everything on the factory. They acted like our best friends when they asked for us to pay cash 100% for a discount then once we had our home ordered then the problems started. We could never get the head guy on the phone and the little saleslady acted like she had no control of anything then we always had to leave a message with someone that's the operations manager and she was never available to answer our questions. Then we would get her to calls us and she would tell us that Mike ** is the only one that could help us. We then called Corporate then a call from factory and back to the OM and then back to the GM Mike **. We have had our home for a year and we still don't have things fixed so I just did it myself. Please don't believe anyone in this office.

Called Palm Harbor about the roof leak and their 5 yr warranty. Never would call me back. My home is 3 years old. Still after a month no call from Palm Harbor.

Purchased our home 7 years ago and for the last 4 years have been fighting with leaky roof. All roof vents were improperly installed. Shingles installed wrong. Called about it. The local factory had been shut down and since we did not purchase the gold key plan they would not do anything to fix it. Shingles have 25 year warranty but doesn't cover installation. With all the roof leaks we are having to replace Sheetrock ceilings which are crap. They have no screws, nails or staples. Ceiling Sheetrock is held in place with expanding foam. Explains why all my ceilings are cracked at the joints throughout my home. Floor marriage line is uneven because there is a big bolt stuck in it. And electrical to main pole is spliced under the home. Wish I had never went to Palm Harbor. What a waste of money. But now we are stuck.

Palm Harbor Homes Company Profile