Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

106 Palm Harbor Homes Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

This company is FRAUD and corporate might be aware of it but they just cover up! I used to work there and even bought one there. I don’t regret my home but I do regret that Dealer because all they do is lie! They make the customer hear YES to everything but once you sign they give you the finger! Spend your money somewhere else coz Palm Harbor is full of Lies! Especially the one in Houston and is ran from same management in Alvin. Gold key care and home warranty is paid thru your money so don’t believe them when they say it’s free!! Deny the warranty and buy you a private one with that $2k they will add to your contract!! They are horrible and I just pray for the day they go out of business when all the customers start suing them!

Original review: June 8, 2019

We bought our double wide 4 years ago this past month. We had problems from day 1. When they showed up to our property with the home and removed the plastic, the vinyl flooring had been changed from what was ordered. Luckily I liked this design as well. They didn’t strap down the fridge for transportation so it had moved across the floor several feet and the side of the fridge was scratched up. They sent me paint to fix it. The hood over the stove was dented and had to be replaced. They forgot to put the stove in so the trim guy and my husband as to go to our local Lowe's to buy one. The vinyl flooring in the dining room and master bathroom started bubbling up. The flooring in the kitchen squeaked when you walked on it and the air conditioner didn’t work.

They sent out a guy that tried to fix the floor and filled the air conditioner with Freon so it started working, but that only lasted a year. He cut slits in the vinyl flooring and inserted glue to try to fix the bubbling. A year later I called that my air conditioner had completely quit working and was told to contact the warranty company. Never could get them to do anything. We had to pay out of our own pocket to fix it. Now it’s acting up again and not cooling. All the sub flooring in the kitchen and dining room squeaks when you walk on it. The joints are uneven. Some of the flooring is unlevel. I was told it’s because the home has settled and needs releveled. It’s been checked twice and it’s perfectly level. None of the interior doors are square. The wall between the bedroom and living room is so uneven that the ceiling is being pushed up.

Was told they would have to send someone out to completely tear out the wall and rebuild it. We decided against that since it is only cosmetic and would be a major hassle being we have nowhere else to live with they would be there fixing it. This company does not stand behind their product and will jerk you around until your warranty has expired even though it was never fixed in the first place. We paid extra for several upgrades to our home and had it come straight from the factory. I will never again buy from this company.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Please don’t buy a Palm Harbor home. We moved in ours 12-15-18 and have had nothing but problems. Heat that does not work. $400 plus a month electric bills. Siding not installed to manufacture instructions so no warranty. It’s buckling. Roof that has a 3” gap all the way down ridge line. Flooring that peels up and is lumpy only to find out again no warranty due to improper installation. They never put a required underlayment down. They glued vinyl floor to OSB sub floor and that’s not to APA regulations. So again no warranty on sub floor and vinyl flooring that we paid extra for. What a joke.

So far we have sent 3 certified letters demanding repairs. The state of Texas has inspected our home and multiple code violations only to have Palm Harbor not repair and instruct us to sue them. They lie and have predatory business practices. We have hired a lawyer and with repairs and lawyer we are looking at over $200,000.00 to get our home fixed. That’s more than we paid for our home. Please please don’t buy a Palm Harbor home.

Original review: March 4, 2019

First, paid 750 for a spa tub that had no pictures.2nd, Ordered toilets that were elongated. ordered a special paint scheme. Home arrived from factory, was put together quickly. Trim crew was out quickly. I don't know how this guy was called a trim guy, but his job was so simple. I guess no one that was here had a job that consisted of checking anything at all to see if everything worked properly or at all. The so called trim guy sucked so bad, I signed and sent him away. None of my doors are square, they don’t close right, come to find out they don't use wooden door jambs. The screws are all stripped from being over tightened. The guy Marcello says the pantry door doesn’t close because of vacuum lmao.

I've been doing trim for 20 years, including doors and everything in remodeling, carpentry. Can't blow that smoke up my **. Now the tiles have fell off in the bad ** looking master shower. I do tile as well. Mastic isn't exactly the adhesive you want use use in the shower. it is a water-soluble adhesive. then when you 1st put a shower together, you should seal all the joints with tape and thinset 1st. Then seal whatever backer board with red seal If you build a bench, it is a must to use red seal or compatible material on that wood. They didn’t. they just put the ** right on the wood. They came out and and did the same thing they did at the factory again because that’s the stupid ** way they do it there. I even told the idiot how it should be done.

Now they came off again. Sounds like they are trying to put blame on us. All our crown molding looks like kids did it. **. The carpet is string on the edges and coming up along most walls. the base boards all look like they've been shot by Machine gun Kelly. They us staples to attach trim. they don't sink, so they stand out. All the drywall cracks. The way they fix it before you sign off, is to put a putty in and paint it. That works long enough for them to get you to sign and they get paid.

A couple days later, all the cracks are back. no one wants to fix them properly. There obviously isn't any ** quality control in Palm Harbor. All my walls and ceilings are one coated. Doesn't look like a primer paint was used. I see every tape joint in every room on every wall and ceiling. They got white enamel paint on the oil rubbed bronze rail for the barn door and tried to remove it and took the color off the rail. The paint looking like that right when you walk in the front door is absolutely embarrassing. Clumps of ** blew out of the hopper when they textured, they just left it. Why? these people suck balls. don’t buy Palm harbor. nothing is square either.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Customer service after the sale is horrible. Homes are cheaply made. We have electrical problems, cabinet doors falling off, crack that runs all the way down the center of the home with vinyl flooring cracking up, front door that leaks, gaps in trim around cabinets, windows uneven in rooms. Try to get anything fixed and the dealership blames it on the factory and factory blames it on the dealership so nothing ever gets done!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Palm Harbor Homes?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

We bought our home a year ago from Tyler branch. Was a great experience, we had some problems with the "gold key". The foundation was done on time, dirt was completed in timely fashion, house was delivered little late, the crew was awesome, level of house was great. They worked with me. I took a level throughout the house. Perfect job. The only complaint we had was the flooring tile. Guessing a flaw in the product, no worries, they replaced the entire floor. Only complaint we had was we were already moved in and had to move our furniture around. Overall good job when was finished. We love our new home. Great experience overall.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Purchased a triple wide... total nightmare. Cracks in the wall/ceiling. Cheap materials. Did pay extra for 3/4 plywood floors. Had some minor modifications. Salesman told us they could plumb for grey water. BIG LIE. My plumbers showed up to connect everything and said it was NOT plumbed for grey water. Called the salesman on the spot and claimed he didn't know what grey water was. (And I had witnesses to verify him explaining it to my son.) So now I have a grey water tank siting empty. Called the manager and was rerouted to one person, then another, then another... When I called corporate to complain I was told I should have faxed my complaints in. Well nobody told me that or I WOULD have.

Palm Harbor is a joke and a TOTAL RIP OFF. I know NOTHING about construction but could have built a better shack than this. Roof leaking... another nightmare, every room has a leak!!! You can literally stand outside and look at the roof and see the sags in it. Ridiculous. The ceiling and roof joist is build with 2x2's not 2x4's. Who does that? Pipes leaking, husband had to fix. The first 4 months our electric bill was over $500 because they didn't hook up the cross over in the ceiling correctly. Was promised a partial reimbursement. Not a penny. And I DID fax in the electric bills. Several plugs don't work and the ones that work are constantly tripping breakers. Windows were not installed correctly... They are foggy from moisture getting in between the panes. Windows not installed properly, I can barely open them. Screws everywhere are constantly backing out. The house itself is total crap.

After numerous calls to the Palm Harbor location in Boerne, Tx gave us nothing but a runaround. When they finally showed up to fix problems they showed up a couple days before the warranty expired. And half ** everything! How convenient huh. Tiles falling off in kitchen and bathroom... Too many other things to list. I HATE MY HOUSE! This was supposed to be our dream home... And if anyone from corporate wants to contact me please feel free to call! I would love to tell you what I think of your company and workmanship.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

We bought our first Palm Harbor home a year ago. Since day one we have had issues with the leveling of the house, very poor paint job, house trim done poorly, cabinets not installed correctly. The contractors as well as Palm Harbor employees keep pointing fingers at each other blaming one another for something not getting done right. Palm Harbor claims that all their employees have work with them for years, that they don’t get random people off the streets to work on their homes. I will bet my life that someone from the streets will make a better effort and take more pride in their work than Palm Harbor. They made a lot of promises and they didn’t deliver. I don’t know who does their quality control and final walk through before a house gets delivered to the client but he should get fired! I will never again in my life purchase another product from them and neither should you if you don’t want to go through the hassle of failure.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

We purchased a home through Palm Harbor in Plant City, FL. Lied to about how long it would take etc, moved into house 12/2017 and it has been a disaster ever since. From siding on the house warping to floors bubbling up to drywall cracks constantly! It was a manufactured home when delivered was told needed to sit on foundation for a while to settle. They installed laminate wood flooring that is constantly cracking. Several times when they came out they removed screws and wood chips that were under the laminate when installed so proves to me that very poor workmanship. Still having drywall screws coming through walls along with cracks etc. When they painted they did not cover the floors and there was paint splatter throughout the house. The seam where the two sides of the house comes together was "patched" and still looks terrible.

Shelf above microwave was put together with very small wood dowelings and collapsed onto microwave. Luckily I did not have anything on the shelf when it happened. I could go on and on about the quality of product being poor as well as the fiasco of scheduling someone to come out and address issues. We have been in house now 10 months and still have a list of maintenance issues. PLEASE, if you are considering purchasing a house through them... DO NOT! Trying to save someone the time and $ spent on a product that is truly not worth it!!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

We purchased our home new so would be nothing to fix. Cracked walls, shower drain no gasket it compromised subflooring, ceilings and walls are out at the joints, wood floor is sinking at the joints, molding cut short around floors, molding is not sealed at the front door, front door is short at bottom and won't seal, numerous other problems. Our home is out of warranty in ten days. In calling the head egomaniac his excuses were, "Oh your home is settling, the problems couldn't be happening because we certify everything before it leaves the factory." If your salesperson tells you Palm Harbor will come out and fix anything under the warranty forget it! Won't happen! All lies!

Palm Harbor Homes Company Information