1.56/5
Based on 87 reviews that contain star ratings

Find a recommended home builder & developer now

98 Palm Harbor Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

We purchased a home through Palm Harbor in Plant City, FL. Lied to about how long it would take etc, moved into house 12/2017 and it has been a disaster ever since. From siding on the house warping to floors bubbling up to drywall cracks constantly! It was a manufactured home when delivered was told needed to sit on foundation for a while to settle. They installed laminate wood flooring that is constantly cracking. Several times when they came out they removed screws and wood chips that were under the laminate when installed so proves to me that very poor workmanship. Still having drywall screws coming through walls along with cracks etc. When they painted they did not cover the floors and there was paint splatter throughout the house. The seam where the two sides of the house comes together was "patched" and still looks terrible.

Shelf above microwave was put together with very small wood dowelings and collapsed onto microwave. Luckily I did not have anything on the shelf when it happened. I could go on and on about the quality of product being poor as well as the fiasco of scheduling someone to come out and address issues. We have been in house now 10 months and still have a list of maintenance issues. PLEASE, if you are considering purchasing a house through them... DO NOT! Trying to save someone the time and $ spent on a product that is truly not worth it!!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

We purchased our home new so would be nothing to fix. Cracked walls, shower drain no gasket it compromised subflooring, ceilings and walls are out at the joints, wood floor is sinking at the joints, molding cut short around floors, molding is not sealed at the front door, front door is short at bottom and won't seal, numerous other problems. Our home is out of warranty in ten days. In calling the head egomaniac his excuses were, "Oh your home is settling, the problems couldn't be happening because we certify everything before it leaves the factory." If your salesperson tells you Palm Harbor will come out and fix anything under the warranty forget it! Won't happen! All lies!

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I'll make this simple and quick. Straight up the worst experience ever with a home purchase. Everyone involved lies, the quality of the work is substandard to poor and when they mess up they won't fix their mistake. They have the cheapest product and workmanship they can possibly use (I wouldn't build a doghouse with some of their materials). We've been in our home for over a year and stuff breaks every month, and replacement parts aren't at your local hardware store... They don't carry the sizes or cheap crap they put in their homes. Our home wasn't leveled when we moved in and they outright REFUSED to fix it. Once the sale is done... you're forgotten, you're on your own. Palm Harbor should be put out of business. They deceive, lie, and twist the truth. Never would we buy a home from them or recommend any of their products to anyone... ever!!!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Very poor workmanship and junk materials are used. Many hidden issues! Roof was a disaster! Foundation drainage was nonexistent. We had to rebuild the entire roof after only 5 years, and install a drainage system. No wonder this company went out of business in Ohio. When I complained, I received a smiley face response. I was banned on their review site for telling the truth!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

My husband and I had been looking to get approved for a home for months now and everyone wanted way too much down or made it impossible for us to get between all of the hoops we were told to jump through, just to be denied. We were at our wit's end and decided to just build our home. Well in the process of looking for fill dirt, I came across an ad for a landscaper, he turned out to be a salesman as well for Palm Harbor. We got to talking about why I was getting the dirt and he mentioned that he sells mobile homes. Well, I was pretty much shell shocked from the 3 previous ones that we had gone thru and got denied or wanted way too much down.

3 WEEKS LATER. I am picking up my house keys today. I cannot believe it... we only needed to put $4000 down and we have a monthly payment that is doable for a 3 bedroom 2 bath BRAND NEW Home. I would highly recommend going thru Palm Harbor homes, specifically with David **. He kept us positive thru the whole experience and put up with my feet dragging because I just couldn't believe I could qualify. BUT I did... We're so excited to move into our new home. Thanks again to all involved!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Palm Harbor Homes?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Palm Harbor in Azle is a joke, we bought this double wide new. It was built as cheaply as possible, they lied about a lot of things and promised a lot of things they didn't intend to keep. Had tile put on the floors and all the grout all cracked and had a lot of loose tile even after it was replaced. They are a nightmare. BEWARE. There have been many more problems. The extra warranty is worthless. This is the place in Azle, Texas.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

My family and I were seeking basic information online and sent an email. The internet manager responded to me by asking me to go to Credit Karma and checking our credit score and letting him know what it was. I did one better and told him our real FICO score. Apparently he doesn’t answer you if it isn’t high enough. I asked again for basic info after he partially pre-screened us and haven’t heard a word from him. That’s too bad. Because of that he lost a very legitimate sale in the near future. If that’s the customer service they give no thanks.

Original review: June 26, 2018

We bought a home in May. We paid 40000 cash down and another 120k at closing. We inspected the home and were told all of the issues would be fixed prior to delivery and nothing was done. Company continues to lie about everything. Had to threaten media coverage to get them moving. So many lies. Would not buy from them again.

Original review: June 22, 2018

My wife and I started this nightmare back in February. The details are far too long and extensive to drag everyone through but suffice to say that after pulling our business twice then getting lied to enough to go back because we actually loved the house, the “regional” manager Jeremiah getting fired because he couldn’t tell the truth no matter what and blamed us for all their mistakes that we proved were totally on them. Side Note: keep a binder with every scrap of paper that these liars give you. It’s amazing how much you can prove they are full of crap just by looking back on your notes and showing them they are liars.

Got that lying piece of crap Jeremiah fired, The Vice Pres. Sean (I can’t tell the truth either) ** is absolutely ZERO help either. When you call him with an issue, 90% you are wasting your breath and won't even hear crickets for the return call that doesn’t come, but he will talk the same crap just to shut you up. Sounds good at the time because you're so frustrated that almost anything make sense but, IT'S A LIE TOO. Then there is the “contracting” company for your utilies. My wife did 99% of everything to get the 911 Address (which we still don’t have) because, if I may quote Sharron from Weaver Construction, “There is nothing that can be done”.

Now, I’ve done construction, for a bunch of years, the county knows you, they know your reputation, and they know if you’re a crook. When the reputation is bad, they know you're a crook and you don’t take care of your customers, you get ALL your permits PUT ON THE BACK BURNER. I wanted to give my wife this house because she fell in love with it. I like it a lot as well. To the point that I ignored all the red flags to get it taken care of. That is on me. I firmly believe that if everyone here started compiling all the issues, we could well put this shady company in the ground. Please feel free to contact me and we can discuss any further actions to be take.

This type of business should not be supported nor encouraged. They should be the ones to worry about how they are going to make it happen for the customer. All this combined to make an experience that was supposed to be filled with happiness and joy, to one that if I could, I’d put EVERY SINGLE one of them through exactly what they have put my family through. This is the absolute worst company I’ve ever dealt with. The truly sad thing about it is they simply do not care. To them, you are a nuisance that has to be tolerated so they can get paid.

This will be fantastic on the back end when it all comes around and they can pay for the stress and money they caused not only my family but all the others that have posted on here. I will make it my mission to see this company put out of business and the media attention they get will be nothing but bad. Don’t walk people... RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN from these CROOKS.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I have purchased a home from Palm Harbor back in March of 2018. Thinking that I've come out with a good deal I paid cash for a home. I paid them $63,381. They have been giving me the runaround date as far as delivery and I cannot seem to get a straight answer from my salesman Hunter ** in Alvin Texas. It has been 3 months now and still I have not heard back on the house. I got a call from Hunter at the beginning of June, and he told me that the contract was being voided and that they would not sell me the house. No reason, no explanation at all. I asked him why and he said he couldn't give me a reason. They owe me a refund of my money and I have not been able to get my money that I paid them in full. They are ignoring my calls and not responding to anything. This is a very poor way of doing business and I would not recommend you trust your money with them.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Looking through the reviews I see that most of the complainers did not buy a home. I did in 2015 and the Fiesta series model I bought is excellent quality and well constructed. Service after the sale and during the warranty period was good. The “but” is for Cliff in San Antonio who wasn’t completely honest and didn’t mind withholding certain information. I would definitely recommend a Palm Harbor Home, just stay away from Cliff.

Original review: May 9, 2018

Yesterday my wife and I walked thru the models Palm Harbor in Tamp Area. Price ranged from 98,000 to over 220,000.00. I was amazed of how Palm Harbor labor (Quality) has taken a major step back. The high end the trim was not even sanded off after cutting the wood, missing paint all over, seems not even caulked, nothing level, caulking bad jobs. ETC I think could be better. I would look at other MFG and compare price and quality. My thoughts Palm Harbor has missed the boat when it come to common things like paint, trim, and just common labor issues.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

We are purchasing a double-wide from Palm Harbor and started this purchase November 2nd and we still haven't moved in and it is February 24th and the guy saying it may be March 5th or 7th and it's just sitting there waiting for them to put the trimming in. For the last 2 weeks it's just sitting there waiting for them to put the trimming in. Just go put the trimming in. This is ridiculous. We got the model on the lot because we thought it was going to be a quicker process but evidently it's not. It would have been just as long to customize our house and it would have been better but we chose to do the model so we could get it quicker... well it's not quicker. Very very disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

My whole experience from walking the lot to picking out my model and all the inside and outside colors and materials was a fantastic experience. Everyone from my salesperson Gail, and the others I had contact with Rich and Tim, all made my experience in designing my dream home come true. Thank you Homes Direct and Palm Harbor for making my dream a reality. If anyone is planning to design their own home go to Homes Direct to start a fantastic journey.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

In October 2016 we moved into a Palm Harbor home in Kamloops, B.C. We were told to expect some travel and settling damage but what we did not expect were other issues we encountered. Some issues would be considered minor but when you get enough of them it becomes major. It's hard to consider a Palm Harbor home a quality product.

Let's start with what was missing or damaged. Home arrived with a basic back door, we requested a nine lite door. No outside taps or plumbing for them, 2 were requested. No insulation under bathtub. Cupboard door in kitchen that you could only open a bit because it hit the hood fan. Missing tracks for sliding closet doors. Dented dishwasher door (this took 10 months to be replaced). Missing shelving in bathroom cupboards as requested – finally put shelves in as gave up on dealer (Metro Homes) doing it. Valance in ensuite had to be removed as the linen closet doors hit it when you opened them.

Next would be issues resulting from poor workmanship and quality control. Shower heads not even hand tight and leaking. Bathtub faucet not attached to tub surround. Electrical sockets 1/4" inside wall plate or well outside the wall plate. Lots of nail heads showing on roof below shingle line with no sealant on them. Walls that curve inwards. Bowed door casing prevented door from closing properly. Door casing too large for door so door latch wouldn't catch the strike. Caulking used on countertops in kitchen and bathroom began peeling and cracking and all had to be replaced. After 10 months I had to redo all exterior window caulking due to cracking and moisture build up that was between the caulking and window sill. Range hood fan that has water out of it in winter.

We have been constantly after the dealer (Metro Homes) to fix this since Dec 2016. In Sep 2017 they tell us that it is not a warranty issue as that is how they are installed at Palm Harbor. Who installs a hood fan so it leaks? When I first removed screen filters to locate the leak I removed some cardboard that said “caution remove before installation”.

Palm Harbor mentions Durabuilt cabinets on their website like you are getting something special – not so! Ours arrived with: 2 chipped drawers and one cracked one (it took 11 months to get this replaced). I repaired the chipped drawers. Overuse of brad nails on cupboard trim, up to 6 nails in 4” piece of trim and nail heads visible in a lot of trim pieces. Missing trim pieces I requested and received trim pieces to finish the job. Crown mouldings on top of cupboards that were loose, dented and didn't line up at corners. Nails sticking out of cupboard by enough that I could get pliers around them. Cookie sheet cupboard not even attached to the wall. Cabinet modules that do not line up with the next one. Drawers that when closed had large gaps on bottoms and/or sides and were not level. This had to do with tracks and rails not installed properly at Palm Harbor.

Many of these issues have now been done, many by myself especially the cabinets as I could tell when we brought the cabinet issues to our dealer (Metro Homes) that they had no idea how to fix some of the problems, others have been done by the dealer whom we have had to constantly put pressure on and sometimes had to get a third party involved to get things done before warranty date expires. Otherwise we could be like other homeowners in our complex (all Palm Harbor homes) who have given up trying to get things repaired or told their warranty has run out.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Bought home brand new, 10 years I find mold and find out it's due to no vapor barriers in the walls or installation in the marriage line. Called Palm Harbor to get resolution and was told warranties have expired. Had no idea these items were not in the home when built.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I have a 2005 Palm Harbor home and it did excellent through the 80-90 mph winds we had during Hurricane Irma. I'm very proud of the quality and strength of Palm Harbor Homes. No damage at all as other homes and barns around us had damage.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

What began as an effort to acquire a home for my brother has turned into a vivid example of poor salesmanship, a complete lack of service after the sale, and why I will never purchase any product from Palm Harbor again. During the purchase process, the salesperson, Hunter **, pressed hard for me to apply for a mobile home lot in one of the Yes Communities in the area. He said that utilities setup (water, sewage and electric) was handled by Palm Harbors special contractor and would cost $4000; but that if I were to select an available lot in a Yes Community, that fee would be waived. When I contacted the manager Rosa ** of one of these locations (Preston-On-The-Lake, in Little Elm, Texas), I was told that a lot was available.

However, as I began the process of applying for the lot lease, Nick **, the regional manager for Yes Communities, overrode the parks manager and rescinded the offer. He said that the lot was only for a double-wide home (mine is a single-wide) and tried to get me to purchase a more expensive double-wide manufactured home in order to reserve a lot for it. After the home was delivered (to a non-Yes Communities manufactured home park), the setup took several days because the setup crew lacked the required parts. A certain amount of flexing is to be expected during transport, resulting in an accumulation of dust as well as some minor dings to the internal structure. This case was no exception: there was some separation of the molding around the bottom of many of the doors.

In addition: The provided stairs were cheaply constructed and the top step was a full 22 short of the bottom of the entry door to the home. The rear door of the home is unable to be locked. There was not a full complement of light fixture hardware. The inside trim around the back door is popped off at the top. There are smudges of what looks like paint in various places inside. The floor covering in the master bath has a wrinkle in it. The air conditioning installation was delayed by several days, and when completed, the crew left the area quite dirty as well as a new water stain on the floor.

When notified of these issues, Palm Harbor Homes of Corinth said they would arrange to have a crew correct the problems. A contractor Luis?, called and left a message instructing my brother to be up early and plan on spending the entire day at the home in two days time. My brother called back and told Luis? that he was unable to be there on the day Luis? had chosen as my brother worked six days a week and his only day off was Saturday. Luis? told him that wasn't gonna happen and that he'd tell Palm Harbor Homes of Corinth. Several days passed with no response by Palm Harbor Homes of Corinth. In fact, when they were contacted today, they said that they only clean the manufactured houses before they leave the lot and never after.

Many attempts to contact Carmen, the operations manager of Palm Harbor Homes of Corinth, went unanswered but when she did respond, she made several promises to have the many issues fixed. Yet no action was taken. In summary, I have become severely frustrated with the total lack of service after-the-sale of my manufactured home. It is overwhelmingly obvious that once Palm Harbor had my money, they totally ignored any effort to do the right thing and correct the multitude of issues that occurred. I strongly recommend that anyone in the market for a manufactured home steer very clear of this company.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

We have been working with Janet from Palm Harbor and she has been amazing!! She is very understanding and does not sugar coat anything (which I really love about her)! I'd rather have someone guide me in the right direction and be upfront with me than someone who just wants my money!!! I highly recommend Palm Harbor Homes to anyone as a business. They are very professional and easy to work with... The staff is also very polite and professional. Please go visit Palm Harbor Homes!!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

As a customer you expect honesty from a business, you hope they see you more than just a bonus check and understand that you are a customer who works hard for the little money they can get. Unfortunately, Palm Harbor Homes does not see it that way. People were so nice to me when we had started the process to get a home, the pre-approval came in and everything was great. Some issues arose with the land that I was using as collateral and they expected me to ask my family members for personal information that I did not feel comfortable with.

So me and my wife made the decision that our family's life was not worth the action they had requested. I asked for a refund on our deposit, and that's where their true color came out. I kept on getting told that the check would be in Monday, then I called in on Monday, and got told next Monday. Surprise, surprise I called Monday and got told next Monday, but this time they gave me an excuse that the secretary had submitted it wrong. I didn't like their response, but I accepted it.

Again I called on Monday and guess what happened. I got told next Monday!! At this point I asked to speak to the accounting manager (Amanda). She told me she would call her corporate office and call me in 30 minutes. 1 hour and 30 minutes later, she had not returned my call; when I called to speak to her she had passed on her call to someone else and told them to tell me it would be in on Monday. Of course I was furious. I called their corporate office and spoke to Esther. She looked into the issue and called me back. Can you guess what she told me? The check will be in on Monday!!! I was furious, I did not want to hear that phrase again.

I guess they only work on Monday. I asked her when was the request submitted. She told me 8/10/17. That is 20 days after the original request!!! So does that mean I got lied to? Was I just a number? When I walk into their office all I see is the amount of sales every employee has, never did I see pictures with customers. It was all about dollar signs and amounts. It lets me know what they really care about.

Resolution response: Aug. 1, 2017

We are now at 4 of 5 stars. Cliff and Brenda were great to reaolve my questions so far. The setup crew from clearview has been most helpful. Patientce during this process is necessary.

Chris from ** setup personally escorted me around the interior and exterior makeup ling notes of every item needing addressed.

I could not be more pleased with the customer service thus far. After final code inspection, I'll supply photos and give an overall summary.

Original review: July 26, 2017

First off, the 2 star rating isn't permanent. We are currently 2 days into setup after delivery from the factory (1 month after what was promised. Get your delivery in writing before closing. After closing, you're just another person in line). On a positive note, Cliff and his staff have been good about returning calls. I plan to complete this review with pictures and possible link to video interview.

The house was delivered on Friday 21 July 2017. My wife and I visited the site on Saturday. Of course, additional fence was taken down to make room to deliver, but nothing was put back to secure the site over the weekend. I've not been back since so hopefully no vandals have happened by. At first glance at the freshly delivered unit, there were several nails that weren't driven in to secure the smart panel siding, but they were bent over and then painted over. There are several areas where the smart panel siding isn't completely painted or cracks showing without protection provided by paint. I expect that the setup crew will re-coat the outside of the siding or thoroughly inspect and touch up. 50 yr warranty on siding doesn't help much if the installation process is incomplete.

I called and left a message with Cliff regarding an outside access panel found just next to the back door. Please keep in mind, this is a modular house. These are supposed to be built to stick built housing standards. I've never seen a panel on the outside of a regular house. These access panels used to be very popular with manufactured houses, 70s & 80s that is. Anyway, I asked about this via voicemail. I missed a callback but haven't heard anything further. This looks like someone took a saw and cut a large hole in the side of the house and then cut a slightly larger piece of siding to cover it up- very tacky for a new modular. I'll update on this later.

During the initial site visit (bid run) with Clearview Home rep Beau in March 2017, he was thorough with details of the process and so forth. We discussed how the foundation would be set and how everything would be positioned. At that time, I asked about using Visqueen or thick plastic sheeting to underlay the home as a vapor barrier and to provide cleaner access when needed. Beau said that they do that on all their setups.

My expectation during Saturday's visit was to see that they had laid out the plastic and then backed the housing units over them. There was no plastic on site. Maybe they stretch it out after the tires and axles have been removed. While there, I sent Beau a text mentioning a few of the items of concern and the plastic underlayment. I've received no response yet, but I plan to visit the site this week. Again, my experience with Palm Harbor is not over yet. I have had good experiences over all but I do understand that managing customer expectations and relations is part of sales. It is the service after the sale that will define the character of the gentleman that sold me the house. To be continued...

Original review: July 6, 2017

I am moving back to TX. I called the Alvin location for pricing stated I was A CASH buyer but she said I would have to still put a deposit down to even get any information, on land, houses etc. I asked her, "Why? That seemed odd that I would have to sign a contract? Cannot you just give me an estimate of prices." She just kept saying I had to come in even though I explained I was in CA and was just trying to get a quote. She said they have over 400 plus homes. Kept insisting a contract and deposit had to be done first!!! I told her I bought my property here without paying my realtor till deal was done, but she wouldn't listen. Wanted money BEFORE would even give prices or look for land!!! Seemed very strange to me.

Original review: June 8, 2017

Stay away from these people. They are just trying to make a paycheck off you, and once you come to your senses they become extremely pushy and just downright rude. We put $1000 down with the promise of no issues getting it back and now were having to contact our bank to get it because the manager Hunter. After changing our mind in wanting a manufactured home, he decided to tell us 'Outside of a falling apart rat hole, I'm not sure what she thinks she can get for that' then proceeded to cut down everything I had to say, basically telling us (as first time buyers) this was our only option. Which is BULL. We've already talked to many people who gave us better prices than these homes. STAY AWAY or at least come in with a little knowledge or they will take complete advantage of you.

Original review: May 25, 2017

My husband and I spent $200,000 on a new PHH home. The sales people said that as a thank you they were providing us with a free five year warranty. A warranty that applies to shoddy workmanship, of which there is plenty. We have been waiting five MONTHS for the service department to repair structural defects. Each time I contact the service manager, Tyler **, I am told they are several weeks away from repairs to our brand new, expensive home. He has told us several WEEKS for the past five MONTHS. Our home is beautiful, however once delivered you are on your own in handling cracked dry wall, unsecured bathroom tiles, reversed hot and cold water, cracked crown molding, etc.

Original review: May 14, 2017

There are so many issues with our home but the major ones are my dishwasher doesn't work, the finish contractor used a charcoal gray caulk on my white tile making a mess of it when we told him that all the tile work needed to be regrouted because of cracked and missing grout and we can't use our master bath shower until that is fixed and we can have our tile sealed. Our soap niche in our master bath is slanted so that water collects and doesn't drain and our tile work is sloppy and crooked.

None of my cabinets and drawers have handles although I picked the style that I wanted with the dealer. We ordered a bank of drawers in the master bath vanity and was told that the dealer deleted it off our order. One of our rooms has a large area that isn't painted. We have cracks in the Sheetrock in the tray ceiling and windows and was told that it was up to factory standards. Many of our doors don't latch. Our home does not have adequate access underneath it - it is so small you would have to be a child to use it. The siding joints on the outside of our home are not caulked and sealed.

According to their gold key standard brochure our home was supposed to be cleaned to model home standard and it was filthy - there is Sheetrock mud all over our blinds, doors, molding, vents, floors, cabinets, and it took a long time to clean. The finish contractor had the door off the furnace while working on the sheetrock and so there is dust and debris in all our vents and we will have to hire a company to come and clean our ductwork. Their brochure says that our home was built by factory trained craftsmen and our home is thoroughly inspected before it leaves the factory - we now know that these are lies and propaganda because our cabinets weren't even anchored to the walls properly and had to be fixed by the finish contractor. And they would have known that our dishwasher doesn't drain. The window molding has not been cut properly and sticks out passed the ledge.

There is damage to the ceiling by the fans and it needs to be repaired. We were supposed to have an electrical box and switch in our living room so that we could add a light or ceiling fan later but it was not installed.Their brochure states that our home will be finished to our satisfaction not to their factory standards. There are several new homes by Palm Harbor in our neighborhood and all our neighbors are having similar issues and we all are wondering if we need to hire an attorney in order to get some action as Palm Harbor knows of our issues but has yet to call me and come out and fix these items. We are researching other avenues that might also get us some action.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

If I could, I would've rated Palm Harbor Homes as a ZERO! The LIES began (I found out later) when we were told the home would only take between 8 to 12 weeks to complete by salesman Alex **. We were building on our existing lot that had electric & septic so it was a reasonable time frame. We were told that having the house completed by March (6 months) was not a problem. We signed the contracts in late September, giving Palm Harbor Homes in Plant City, FL a $2,500 deposit. The first 6 weeks, nothing happened. No calls to schedule a survey or inspection of the septic. We would frequent the model center so we could get answers. We were passed off to another salesperson shortly after signing. We continued with the project since we were still within our time frame. We were asked for another $6,000.

When I questioned the salesman Mike ** about the $2,500 we had already given Palm Harbor I was told, "That money was used for the permits, it goes quickly." Not wanting to relinquish more funds, I debated, but knew that if I didn't provide the funds the home would not be completed by March. Mike told us we could write the check for $5,500. More nagging ensued to get someone out there. Finally, a site visit. Every time we asked about the permits, we were told we were waiting on them. No action on the property in December at all, not even a foundation. Come January we inquired about the permits yet again & were told they were waiting on them. We were told to have the existing home removed by the end of January.

On January 12, 2017 we arrived at the model center questioning what was going on! I had called the county inquiring about the construction permit and was informed that NO such permit had even been applied for as of that date. We met with John ** who ASSURED us that he would check into the permit issues and have someone take the plans immediately to the county on January 13, 2017. He then told us that Palm Harbor had 90 days once the house was placed on the foundation to complete. No mention of THAT time frame before. We were also informed that John would get back with us on January 16, 2017. Well, that didn't happen. He told Mike to call us and Mike was clueless as to what was going on (an ongoing issue).

So, as of January 16, 2017, NO house was being built, no foundation, and no other answers either. Finally, the LAST straw was when I called the county on January 19, 2017 at 4:30 pm and found out yet again that NO construction permit had been applied for on the property address. On Friday, January 20, 2017 I wrote an email to Palm Harbor Homes to Alex **, Mike **, and John ** informing them that they were to DISCONTINUE any further plans for our home. Permits for homes DO NOT take that long and you must actually APPLY for the construction permit if you plan of getting it approved. The next week we found out when WE called the county that the septic permit was issued on December 9, 2016.

I wrote another email informing the builder, Palm Harbor Homes, of that fact since they neglected to inform me and again asked for a refund of our deposits. The buyer of the previous home on the lot will be removing it at the end of the month of February (thanks to small favors). So, come the end of February we will be homeless. This is not to mention that the storage facility where we have all of our belongings must now be extended for another year until we can build a new home. We asked for a refund of our $8,000 minus the survey and septic permit. We are still waiting to receive the "minus expenses" amount from Palm Harbor Homes that we were told we would receive back on January 20, 2017. Still waiting!! The multiple LIES and misrepresentations by Palm Harbor Homes employees goes beyond unethical.

The ONLY thing I asked them to do was to be honest with us. We understand that things can happen and time frames may need to be shifted due to unforeseen circumstances. This company does not even follow their own mission and vision statements. Mission - To build and sell customers' dream homes that exceed their expectations. Customer satisfaction is our first priority. Vision - Our vision is to carry out this purpose by having all our builders, installation professionals and employees provide a "NO EXCUSES" commitment to total and complete satisfaction. Potential buyers - PLEASE do your homework!! The new builder we are working with only requires a $1,000 deposit! Don't be fooled by imitations like Palm Harbor Homes.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

A home purchase is one of the largest single investments most people make. We love our home. We raised 3 children in our home. And our home survived 3 hurricanes. Our Palm Harbour home remains standing on our farm and has done so for over 25 years!!! And that is speaking volumes for the construction. The Palm Harbour homes have only gotten better over the past 25 years!! I advised to a person in need of a home - buy Palm Harbour. It is the BEST home value and BEST home construction on the market today.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2017

I won't give a long story about how we bought this home I BC and it took us 6 months to get in. I won't bother you how it failed inspection 2x, the electrical panel was labeled incorrectly, how the toilet was against the wall and was unusable, how the manufacturer put in a 30 amp dryer receptacle behind the range which needs a 50 amp receptacle, how bare 220 V wire was showing etc, etc. But, I ** long enough that Mike **, service manager at Palm Harbor Homes and Norm **, director for the parent company Cavco are coming to BC to see this abomination of a house.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I had a great experience with them. I don't understand why people are having problems with their manufactured homes. You have to have a local inspector inspect your home (not affiliated with Palm Harbor) do a thorough inspection before the home is completed. If the home was not up to standard Palm Harbor builders would have to fix the problem. Go to ** to read all of the info you need to get your home inspected (by local law) properly. There should be no reason you have problems if you do what you are suppose to.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

They work hard to SALE you a home but after the sale they are done with you and your family! DO NOT buy a PALM HARBOR home period especially from Cliff ** out of San Antonio Texas!!! We have a brand new home with cracks in sheet rock, electrical issues, marriage line sagging, exterior skirting paint does NOT match the rest of home, endless hot water doesn't work! All these issues and WE CANNOT get anyone to respond about fixing! All we get is runaround and everyone points finger at each other. It's been the worst experience my wife and I have ever been through!

Palm Harbor Homes Company Information