Find a Home Builders partner

Help me decide

1.5/5 (124 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Palm Harbor Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Palm Harbor Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Palm Harbor Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Palm Harbor Homes?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

In July 2020 My husband and I contracted with Jim ** at North Country Homes in Arden, Washington as a representataive seller of Palm Harbor Homes Manufacturing in Millersburg Oregon, for a manufacured home. Unfortunately, we paid full price upfront on this purchase due to a substantial discount. We were assured that "we would be in by winter". The home was delivered to our property on November 18, 2020 and at that time, major manufacturing defects were identified and reported to Mr. ** and to Palm Harbor Homes.

These major defects included: One section of the two-section home was 1" longer on each end of the home; the wall between the living area and the guest bedroom was concave; the wall between the hall and the guest bedroom was concave; the flooring between the two sections was uneven; the door which was ordered for the family room was not provided; the gas and water lines in the utility room were ordered to configure a stacked washer and dryer but were not provided, resulting in the set-up crew having to reroute the lines through a cabinet; the kitchen bar separating the kitchen from the dining area was 3/4" out of level; the kitchen cabinet drawers would not stay closed and had to be taped shut in order to open other drawers; the main entry and utility entry doors would not seal; the window cornices in all rooms were not level; the pony wall in the master bathroom was out of plumb and subsequently would not let the shower doors close properly; the guest bathtub was cracked; the upgraded carpet in the master bedroom as so thin that you could see light through it when held up to the window; major cracks were observed along the marriage lines on the walls and ceilings; paint provided for minor interior repairs was the wrong color; paint provided for exterior repairs was the wrong color; pieces of exterior siding were cracked; exterior trim pieces were cracked or broken; and exterior caulking around doors, windows and trim pieces were missing.

At this time, a representative from North Country Homes assured us that these repairs would be made and that "we would be able to move in within 10 days". Although some of the items listed above have been repaired and corrected in 2021, there are many repairs that still need to be addressed. These include: the kitchen counter between the kitchen and dining area is still out of level with tiles and grout missing; the master bathroom shower doors still do not close properly; the kitchen drawers still have to be taped shut; there are major cracks along the marriage lines along the walls and ceilings throughout the home; there are stress cracks throughout the home; the doors still do not seal and the doorknobs don't work properly; the floor in the family room is uneven; keys for the privacy locks in both bathrooms were not provided; and finally, no exterior repairs have been made, nor has a contractor been hired to correct these defects.

We were finally able to take possession of the home and move into it in late August 2021 after the bathrooms were repaired. However, title to the home has not been transferred to us as yet, which is affecting our ability to provide property tax information to the state or to make desired changes to the home which will increase its value. Allthough North Country Homes has assured us that these repairs will be made, we have not received written confirmation of this or a timetable of when these repairs will be made. The warranty for this home states that this warranty begins after the homeowner takes possession. We haven't been able to confirm if the warranty is effective from the date the home was delivered to our property or if it begins when the title is transferred to us.

Repeated attempts to resolve these issues with both Jim ** at North Country Homes in Arden, WA or with Palm Harbor Homes in Millersburg, OR have been met with excuses on why these repairs cannot be done or been disregarded entirely. I would never recommend either North Country Homes in Arden, WA or Palm Harbor Homes for anyone wanting to purchase a manufactured home.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

I would not recommend this company. After sales they don't return calls or emails to fix things that have needed to be fixed. Poor workmanship and terrible service. Porch is falling apart and trim work inside is terrible gaps in.

Palm Harbor Homes response

Please feel free to reach out to our customer service department at 800-456-8744 option 3 or by email at customerservice@palmharbor.com and we will investigate your request for service. The porch warranty is provided by the retailer and is for 1 year.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

Bought a Palm Harbor home that was delivered in May 2021. We finally closed in Sept 2021 even though the house had several deficiencies. We were told to make a punch list after the first 90 day of occupancy which we did right away. Nothing has been done and the company does nothing but blame shift and excuses. They bait and switch then make excuses as to why they can’t (won’t) make things right. The house advertised is not what was delivered. Absolutely the worst. Contacted customer service and they blame the local agent. If I ran my company the way Palm harbor does, I would have never been able to retire at 56 years old.

I could have retired at 35 since ripping people off seems to be their mantra. Cheap appliances, shoddy workmanship, zero customer service, and follow up. Just blame the local affiliate and take no ownership for your product. The best part is I have a lot of time on my hands and will make it my mission to prevent any others from experiencing what we have endured with this company. Stay away. Do not waste your hard earned money purchasing the inferior product from this company. Once they have your money they are gone. Cabinet doors are mis aligned, missing cabinets they don’t complete, cheapest appliances you can find, the dishwasher is such a piece of crap even after three washes, you end up doing by hand just to get them clean. Workmanship is the worst I’ve seen. No quality control at all. Do not buy from them or you too will be sorry.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

The quality of work is poor. Their customer service after you purchase really sucks. It’s like dealing with a used car lot. Our skirting has just been installed and at the corners it is the worst work I have ever seen. Emails to the GM does no good. All I get back is, "We will get on it." Next move is attorney.

Hi Steve,

Please reach out to our customer service department at our corporate office so we can research your concerns. They can be reached at 800-456-8744 option 3 or by emailing customerservice@palmharbor.com

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

Updated on 12/04/2021: Buyer beware. No resolution has been made, however I've had a company of my own come out regarding gaps in ceiling, mind you this home is only 4 years old and we had concrete runners installed. We have 5000$ worth of repairs due to Palm Harbor negligence. If you want a home that isn't splitting apart in the middle and gaps in the ceilings and baseboards, STAY AWAY from Palm Harbor, they'll sale you a house but neglect to do the job right to begin with. Next is a lawyer, BBB and HUD and whomever else I need to bring awareness to this scam company.

Original review: Palm Harbor is awful!!! My master bedroom has been freezing since we moved in in the winter. Called them out, showed them the ceiling doesn't meet. There are gaps! Was told "it's supposed to be like that"! My HVAC company came out and checked air balance, checked everything, and pulled crown molding back, and found all these gaps! So cold air is coming in and we are losing energy! Called the manufacturer, and they don't want to fix it! Matter of fact they NEVER fix anything! Windows leak and wood rot around windows!!!

The company they use to set the house, Magnum Home Service, doesn't do the leveling correct, grade work is wrong, we have water going under the master, no-one wants to take care of any issues and always blames someone else. If you want a warm home, a home not falling apart in a couple of years, steer clear of this shoddy manufactured home company!! There are better companies!! Steer clear of these people!

Palm Harbor Homes response

Please feel free to contact our customer service department so we can look into your concerns. They can be reached at 800-456-8744 option 3 or customerservice@palmharbor.com

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

We checked off check marks for what we wanted and somehow when we didn't get what we paid for, not only did they not refund us but the check marks somehow didn't exist anymore. We got jipped on windows, and their solution was to give us a better door....Said the windows can't be put in after it's delivered....Um then take the crap back and make it right. They refuse. We paid for it and they refuse to reimburse. The door they offered to make up for 4 huge windows wouldn't fit and they said they will not be servicing us anymore!!! You have got to be kidding me. They put carpet in the kitchen and we clearly wanted vinyl wood flooring and they did vinyl in the rooms and we wanted carpet! They said they won't be fixing that unless we pay....We already did pay for it!!

We're missing partial cabinets and crown molding as well. We don't get to have our windows that we went over in depth and they never met their deadlines on delivery or sending people out. They said it showed we had repairs done and no one ever came out!! These people are scammers and should be put out of business. Report them as much as you can, please, bc people who earn an honest dollar do not deserve this kind of crap. This was a home for me and my family and it's turned into a headache that makes us feel like crap instead of feeling like we're cozy at home.

My mother is wheelchair bound and cannot get around on the carpet, her home had carpet and I needed something she could get around on since she'll be living with me now. I'm so very upset bc she needs a lot of assistance. Do not trust a word from any location period. Doesn't matter what they tell you, if it's not in the fine print, their word doesn't matter, and believe me, they will quote the fine print even if you talked to them 30 minutes before signing something. Do not, I repeat, do not trust this company at all. You will be broke and homeless.

Palm Harbor Homes response

Please feel free to reach out to our customer service department so we can investigate your claim. Please email customerservice@palmharbor.com and the appropriate management team will be in touch with you.

Resolution response: Nov. 3, 2021

Received refund check.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

On 10/9/21, I went to Palm Harbor at 13030 Gulf Freeway, Houston, TX 77034 & talked to a sale rep, Michael ** (**). I picked the model listed for $69,900. Michael said to secure the home, I need to put down 5% & it’s guaranteed to be delivered by early November. I asked him several times if it’ll be delivered in time and he said it is already built but located at different place. He said with a down payment, it won’t be a problem getting it delivered. I even asked him several times about the refund policy and he assured that I’ll get a refund anytime before closing date. I left the office with a very good impression of him and the business because this is the 1st time I purchased a mobile home and he & the company made it so much easier for me. Later, he said the house won’t be delivered until the beginning of December.

I have my application approved for a lot which will be ready by November. Now I have a lot but no houses so I asked Michael for a refund on 10/15/21 which is less than a week after signing. He said he has to talk to the manager & get back to me but he never has. I called, texted & left messages but no response. I finally talked to the manager Jamie ** (**) on 10/21/21 & he refuses to give me back my deposit even though they broke their promise. He claimed it doesn’t mention the due date in the contract. Basically he doesn’t care about what Michael had said to me. He only looks at the paperwork.

I trusted the company with their words since the corporation has been around for years. The refund policy states I can get my deposit back within 15 days if the house is in stock (as stated in the contract). Jamie said he’ll talk to the corporation & get back to me on 10/23/21. However, 23rd will be the 14 days after I signed the contract. I think he tries to drag this out so the company doesn’t pay me back. It is very unprofessional of how they operate. I already filed complaint to BBB. I might have to go to court if they don't issue refund.

Palm Harbor Homes response

Our company along with others are facing material shortages causing backlogs to be longer along with this we have contractors that are delayed do to a shortage in staffing. These are items that are not in our control. We are receiving cost increases and delays daily. If he would like to reach out to our customer service department we will look into his deposit refund. He can email customerservice@palmharbor.com or contact us by phone at 800-456-8744 option 3.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

We started purchasing a home from the Plant City Plant in Feb, 2021... put a deposit/down payment down in Feb/March, 2021... was told at that time we could have the home by July, 2021 so we sold our house and are living in campers on our property the house is going on... delays, delays, delays... Then in September, 2021 they said due to the pandemic, they increased the price of the home $47,700... If we signed the new price agreement, they would have our house built and on our property in November, 2021... even have it in an email... actually I have all of the correspondences!!

October, 2021 I have left messages and no response, so I drove down to Plant City to speak to our salesperson... was told then, while laughing, that not only will our house not be built and on our property in November, but it would be February or March of 2022 before they could build it, but could not promise that... COULD NOT PROMISE THAT... the 1st time they have told the truth!!

My husband was so mad, we made an appointment with the General Manager the next day (Wednesday) and he PROMISED to call us back on Monday by 3pm... 2 days later, still no response from them!! Even if we wanted to wait years on end to buy our house from them, our permits and appraisals will be/are expired, our guaranteed low interest rate is no longer available due to interest rates going up and hours and hours of communication and misdirections! DO NOT PURCHASE FROM PALM HARBOR HOMES IN PLANT CITY, FLORIDA!! LIES, DELAYS, AND MORE LIES!! Now the fight to get our money back.

Hi Amy,

Please reach out to our corporate customer service department either by email or phone so they can investigate your refund request. They can be reached at customerservice@palmharbor.com or 800-456-8744 option 3 and they can reply directly to you about your concerns.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

Bought in 2019. Kitchen cabinets are not durable. They will not last. Tried to contact twice once in 2020 and again 2021. Good luck. Was told I could purchase cabinets. No thank you. Then they suggested a stain. I am going to paint them but it already looks terrible. Thanks for nothing Palm Harbor.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

Believe all the reviews and spare yourself the misery of dealing with Palm Harbor. Burleson location is on par with a used car lot. Volume over value! On our initial visit I established a deadline for delivery, selected a home that was on the lot, and had financing approved the very next day. Home was delivered nearly 2 months late. Home was delivered with the model furniture still inside which damaged the walls, cabinets, and floors during transit. The company who set the home placed blocks directly under a window, which will not shut. The home is also 3" out of level, the piers are cracked and out of plum, and the straps were not tightened. Been waiting over a month for them to fix this. I have contacted Palm Harbor Customer Service on 3 separate occasions with zero response.

Palm Harbor Homes Company Information