1.5/5 (128 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Palm Harbor Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Palm Harbor Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Palm Harbor Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Palm Harbor Homes?

Resolution response: Nov. 3, 2021

Received refund check.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

On 10/9/21, I went to Palm Harbor at 13030 Gulf Freeway, Houston, TX 77034 & talked to a sale rep, Michael ** (**). I picked the model listed for $69,900. Michael said to secure the home, I need to put down 5% & it’s guaranteed to be delivered by early November. I asked him several times if it’ll be delivered in time and he said it is already built but located at different place. He said with a down payment, it won’t be a problem getting it delivered. I even asked him several times about the refund policy and he assured that I’ll get a refund anytime before closing date. I left the office with a very good impression of him and the business because this is the 1st time I purchased a mobile home and he & the company made it so much easier for me. Later, he said the house won’t be delivered until the beginning of December.

I have my application approved for a lot which will be ready by November. Now I have a lot but no houses so I asked Michael for a refund on 10/15/21 which is less than a week after signing. He said he has to talk to the manager & get back to me but he never has. I called, texted & left messages but no response. I finally talked to the manager Jamie ** (**) on 10/21/21 & he refuses to give me back my deposit even though they broke their promise. He claimed it doesn’t mention the due date in the contract. Basically he doesn’t care about what Michael had said to me. He only looks at the paperwork.

I trusted the company with their words since the corporation has been around for years. The refund policy states I can get my deposit back within 15 days if the house is in stock (as stated in the contract). Jamie said he’ll talk to the corporation & get back to me on 10/23/21. However, 23rd will be the 14 days after I signed the contract. I think he tries to drag this out so the company doesn’t pay me back. It is very unprofessional of how they operate. I already filed complaint to BBB. I might have to go to court if they don't issue refund.

Palm Harbor Homes response

Our company along with others are facing material shortages causing backlogs to be longer along with this we have contractors that are delayed do to a shortage in staffing. These are items that are not in our control. We are receiving cost increases and delays daily. If he would like to reach out to our customer service department we will look into his deposit refund. He can email customerservice@palmharbor.com or contact us by phone at 800-456-8744 option 3.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

We started purchasing a home from the Plant City Plant in Feb, 2021... put a deposit/down payment down in Feb/March, 2021... was told at that time we could have the home by July, 2021 so we sold our house and are living in campers on our property the house is going on... delays, delays, delays... Then in September, 2021 they said due to the pandemic, they increased the price of the home $47,700... If we signed the new price agreement, they would have our house built and on our property in November, 2021... even have it in an email... actually I have all of the correspondences!!

October, 2021 I have left messages and no response, so I drove down to Plant City to speak to our salesperson... was told then, while laughing, that not only will our house not be built and on our property in November, but it would be February or March of 2022 before they could build it, but could not promise that... COULD NOT PROMISE THAT... the 1st time they have told the truth!!

My husband was so mad, we made an appointment with the General Manager the next day (Wednesday) and he PROMISED to call us back on Monday by 3pm... 2 days later, still no response from them!! Even if we wanted to wait years on end to buy our house from them, our permits and appraisals will be/are expired, our guaranteed low interest rate is no longer available due to interest rates going up and hours and hours of communication and misdirections! DO NOT PURCHASE FROM PALM HARBOR HOMES IN PLANT CITY, FLORIDA!! LIES, DELAYS, AND MORE LIES!! Now the fight to get our money back.

Hi Amy,

Please reach out to our corporate customer service department either by email or phone so they can investigate your refund request. They can be reached at customerservice@palmharbor.com or 800-456-8744 option 3 and they can reply directly to you about your concerns.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

Bought in 2019. Kitchen cabinets are not durable. They will not last. Tried to contact twice once in 2020 and again 2021. Good luck. Was told I could purchase cabinets. No thank you. Then they suggested a stain. I am going to paint them but it already looks terrible. Thanks for nothing Palm Harbor.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

Believe all the reviews and spare yourself the misery of dealing with Palm Harbor. Burleson location is on par with a used car lot. Volume over value! On our initial visit I established a deadline for delivery, selected a home that was on the lot, and had financing approved the very next day. Home was delivered nearly 2 months late. Home was delivered with the model furniture still inside which damaged the walls, cabinets, and floors during transit. The company who set the home placed blocks directly under a window, which will not shut. The home is also 3" out of level, the piers are cracked and out of plum, and the straps were not tightened. Been waiting over a month for them to fix this. I have contacted Palm Harbor Customer Service on 3 separate occasions with zero response.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

We fell in love with the Horizon as soon as we walked into it on the lot in Corinth TX. We moved in with the flooring coming up in many places, gaps in molding and doors and a long list of items that were not addressed by the factory. The customer service was horrible.

Hi Diane,

Please feel free to reach out to our customer service department at 800-456-8744 option 3 or email customerservice@palmharbor.com so we can look into your concerns.

Regards,

Palm Harbor Customer Service

Resolution response: Aug. 15, 2021

Director of retail has promised to look into the matter...hopefully my home finally gets finished soon.

Original review: July 28, 2021

Here is my personal experience. I gave them a low rating based on their archaic business practices, non-transparent sales tactics, and overall operations and how it effects the customer. I like their homes, the designs, and some of the stated costs. I bought one, but be warned or wiser than I was.. When it comes time to sign the contracts, they will have added several thousand dollars in charges, and call it their "gold key service", which is basically their way of raising the price without having to tell you upfront the real cost of the home. Also, realize they can take however long they want to actually build your home. They may provide you with a guess but, if it takes them 2 years to complete, you really have no recourse but to just sit and wait, no matter how much that costs you.

And just because your home has been constructed, don't be fooled into thinking it's almost over... They can also take however long they want to deliver your home.... Could be months, while it sits completed in a yard waiting, and of course you'll never be provided with ANY updates or commitments of any kind from them regarding when your new home will arrive and how many months it will take them to complete the on site work once your home finally does arrive.... Again, that can also easily take several more months.

If you have any questions or problems, or request any kind of commitment you won't get it, and you'll often hear no response or someone telling you... "Um no, you need to contact this person or that department, I don't handle that." Had I to do it all over again, I probably wouldn't use them... It's just not worth dealing with a company that operates like it's the 1800's.... There are so many other manufacturers that actually do a much better and more responsible job, and produce a better product. Do your homework/research.

Martin,

Please contact our customer service department via email at customerservice@palmharbor.com or 800-456-8744 option 3 and they can look into your concerns.

Original review: July 12, 2021

We have had our home 16 months and our air conditioner has broke 11 times! They replaced the entire unit yesterday but left the faulty blower in. It's Sunday and the blower has went out again! No one will call me no one will fix the issue! Biggest mistake we ever made was buying this home!

Hi Lindsey,

I am sorry that you are having issues with your A/C unit. Palm Harbor did not manufacture the a/c unit. The units are provided by a 3rd party company and installed. The unit does have a warranty through the manufacturer of the unit and usually the retailer has an Extended Service plan available. If you have any questions please feel free to call our customer service line at 800-456-8744 option 3. They can provide you with the details of this service plan.

Original review: April 27, 2021

I do not recommend buying a Palm Harbor home. The workmanship is subpar. Many things do not work. HVAC, Plumbing, Some electrical. Faucets installed incorrectly. The siding installed poorly (GAPS) around the door and windows. Refrigerator damaged with 3 huge dents. Also, one or more of the workers thought it was ok to leave cigarette ashes in the sink and to pee in the toilet and leave it (because the plumbing didn't work) and so the toilet was stained before anyone ever even took possession.

The seller refused to take responsibility and pointed to Palm Harbor. Palm Harbor advised that they would "See what they could do but that they are VERY backed up". It's been nearly 2 months on some issues and several weeks on others and no responses. PLEASE USE EXTREME CAUTION. Make sure you FULLY Understand the contract and then make sure someone can review everything in the home for your safety. Palm Harbor takes "putting lipstick on a pig" to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL.

Original review: April 23, 2021

Let me start by saying our sales person Nelson was amazing. We went in and explained our situation, that we had just sold our home and needed something built quickly. He explained that it just so happened they had a modular home that someone had backed out of in the warehouse, and that we could take it and be in it within 3 to 4 months, this was perfect since we were basically homeless. We never actually got to see the home, because apparently you are not allowed in the warehouse. He did take us on a tour of the model. It was quick and just what we were looking for. We signed the paperwork, gave our deposit and started the process.

Now this is where everything went down hill. We purchased our land, had it cleared, got our financing in order and were ready to start. We never heard from anyone at Palm Harbor. We called every day for months, the only one who did return our calls was Nelson, who at this point had done his job. The building manager, not really sure what he does, would never return our calls. We are way past the 3 to 4 month mark by now, having to live in hotels or with family or friends. Then comes the permitting issues, our job sat in permitting for over 6 months, we called every day to both Palm Harbor and the permit office, trying to get answers about what was taking so long.

No one would return our calls from either place. We are now going on 9 months. No home, No permits, No phone calls. Finally Palm Harbor calls and says "due to permitting issues they are backing out of the deal." ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! So yes we are still homeless, we have a nice cleared piece of property we have spent thousand of dollars on, not to mention the thousands of dollars on hotels' stays and other expenses. But wait here is the best part, even though they backed out of the deal and cost us so much time and money, They kept our deposit!! LIKE I SAID RUN!!!!

Original review: March 15, 2021

We first visited a Houston area Palm Harbor office. We were then shifted to another office and another salesperson. Once we decided on the floor plan we wanted we drove the 45 minutes to go over our interior design details. The sales manager was not ready in that he didn't have all the design books present (I should have followed my instincts and left then and simply marked Palm Harbor off the list). We had to go back a second time to go over these details. Even then there were inconsistencies with what we were being told. We chalked some of this up to the learning curve.

We set up an appointment to go to the factory to see our home in the process of being built. PH was very proud of the custom cabinets they manufacture on site. Our cabinets are not high quality and from the first look we could see that follow through had not been a priority. Once the house was moved on-site it was discovered the PH hired contractor had made a mistake on the concrete poured for the house to rest on. That was corrected and the house was tied down.

The first tech that came in to texture the house said that he would not provide the seamless finish we had paid for. He called his boss and we were told the same. We called PH and the factory supervisor corrected the situation. That same technician also tried to get us to sign off on the house. No floors in, nothing finished. We did not sign off on the house. We went through many many more such experiences (I think too many to go through each one). Ultimately we had to have the factory management and the sales management meet us at the house to go over ALL the issues we found. The cabinets were a big disappointment. Rough edges, sloppy construction.

The floor plan is open and we do like it. Although with such an open floor plan the house is noisy no matter where you are in the house. You can hear someone in the bathroom from the living room even with the vent on, this is also true for the hall bath and the tv/game room. We have had 2 roof leaks into the master bathroom, the master bedroom door frame/door are 5/8" off on the hardware meeting and I'm told this is settling. Not in my mind since the door has always had an issue closing. We had to have the utility room door replaced since after working on the door 3 times they took the door plate out and simply left a large hole in the door frame.

Finally I got the factory to come out and simply put in a new door. The hardware and sinks are the cheapest on the market. I can go on and on but I think you get the idea. DO NOT purchase your PH home from the Alvin office and Nick **. We have been in the house just a year and I look forward to moving as soon as possible. We spent a lot of money and time on our home and are disappointed in the lack of organization on the follow through. When you call in a repair, no one calls back or emails to confirm the request was received. Beware that you will have to push, push, push to get follow through with this company. Do yourself a favor and build with another company.

Original review: March 2, 2021

We bought a Palm Harbor home because it was supposed to be a high quality home. The first week it was on the foundation the shingles started blowing and the insides weren’t even completed. The lot people called the plant and they told them that I had to turn it into my homeowners insurance. We weren't even in it yet. The lot people replaced the shingles on their own dime. They were Cari-Sell Homes. They have done us a great job. I get to looking at the quality and there isn’t any. At least no worse or Better than the Competition. The siding wasn’t flush nailed. All the heads are at an angle not flush. You can tell it was put together in a hurry. The hell with quality. Knowing what I know now I would have looked elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

Spoke with Mark the manager at the Albany location regarding a crack in the ceiling at the marriage line between the living room and kitchen after having the house less than a year. I understand now that it is no longer their responsibility after our walkthrough to have that fixed by them. However, less than a year of having the house we had many issues that needed to be fixed that were within our warranty from wiring issues to cuts in the flooring, nails sticking out from the flooring, leaks from the outside faucet, outlets in the kitchen had no power so when the inspector came through that we had to pay he did not allow us to move in and we had to repay him to come back on a different day until it was corrected.

Each time Palm Harbor send out a contractor to have these issues taken care of which it took months my husband and I had to work out which one of us would take a vacation days off, and the contractor did not show up that day. We lost a day of work. When they did show up the parts were ordered incorrectly so they had to reschedule. Again, another missed workday.

Working with this company was an absolute nightmare! When I ask Mark, "Did you know about all of this that our family had to go through." His response was no, and that's why they got rid of the person who was in charge of that department. Instead of saying because of everything we put you guys through, we will fix that crack, or at least offer to pay for half. The person that they got rid of was still a representative of Palm Harbor so they should stand by their company regardless. I hope you're reading this Floyd... Stand by your company. I would think twice before purchasing a home from them!!! Think of it as a car salesman. Once you purchase that car and take it off the lot, if you have any problems once you get it to your place you're out of luck.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

So we decided to buy Palm Harbor for second time, however this time we choose to purchase what is called the high end of Palm Harbor homes. To start with the dealership lied to us about what we were getting and did not work with us at all regarding issues with what they call drainage pad. I sent them a letter and was told too bad so sad. I had to get HUD involved and I am still not finished. I have had to have the tech on-site 3 times so far to replace the face of our cabinets in the kitchen and bathroom as they keep splitting. They have to come again because of more splitting and I have 3 face that is falling off the cabinet. Now cabinets are not even painted as they used MDF board with a wrap which is now peeling.

Even though they put texture on the wall I can see where the sheetrock joints are. We cleaned the baseboard and the paint came off. Then I was warned by the tech that molding could not be painted because they have a wrap and are not painted. The tiles on the floor are coming unglued. Now I could go on with all the problems we have been encountering but that is not the place.

My first Palm Harbor home was the low end of Palm Harbor home and I never had problems with them or the house. I asked for specific electrical outlet on outside the house and the confirmed 4 different times that it would be done. It never got done and when I complained they said, "If we did not put it on paper then we do not do it. Our verbal agreement is meaningless." So I say STAY AWAY from Palm Harbor. Yeah they still have the great structure however the rest of house is built with the cheapest material on the market and the worksmanship sucks. When I was shopping for home I was looking at Titan but decided to go with Palm Harbor and the Titan sales rep told me I would regret it and I have to say that he is right. I have regretted since day one.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

If I had it to do all over I would have not went to Tomball Palm Harbor, I bragged to my husband how great they are, homes are great because 18 years ago my son's Dad, and I purchased one from another location off 45. It was great home and land package deal. The Tomball store is the most unprofessional under managed place I have ever dealt with, I still have not gotten moved in, and I regret telling my husband to purchase it. Jamie is the rudest most unprofessional manager. I asked for corporate's number for 2 days and Jamie told me to Google it, he told me I was not allowed to call up there and hung up on me, and we have not even picked up the keys yet, I have been patient, nice, I'm done with them. I want to talk to someone in corporate. Them 2 are the rudest, that store has had 3 managers since we have been waiting for everything to get done employees same way.

JT was the reason I went there. I heard how great he was, I know he was very nice, cared about customer satisfaction. I called up there to see if the power was going to trailer yet because electric was on. I done paid movers and everything. Monday we should have need in there, 4 things was stopping us from moving in, Sandra the one that does septic bow she is great, the best. she gets stuff done. When I had an issue within 30 minutes she had a crew out there, and it was done. She's great!!

I love palm harbor, but if you want a palm harbor home please do not go to Tomball store. Worst store manager very rude, and that's Jamie, and Rolan. Commission is all he wanted. Now he's on vacation for 2 weeks, I'm waiting on corporate to call me back, and I'm hoping they can help me because Tomball store won't even talk to me, I was told I was not allowed to call them anymore and if I do they answer and say. "I thought I told you not to call back," and again have not even moved in or got keys to the place yet.

Original review: July 18, 2020

House delivered with end beams on one side warped. Took them 3 months to fix. Interior door frames not secured to studs. Molding loose. Misaligned floor vent. Warped kitchen cabinet door. The list goes on.

Hi Pierre,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We would love to investigate your concerns. Please send your information to customerservice@palmharbor.com so we can look into the matter.

Regards,

Donna Wilkie

Original review: June 3, 2020

Overall bad experience with Palm Harbor San Antonio, TX. We were left with no choice but to contact the state, we were ignored and if it wasn't for the state things would have never been fixed. They even passed the state's deadlines and incurred fees. Cliff the general manager is rude, unprofessional, was in our home and never apologized to us. There are a lot of spots in house to fix, caulking, gaps in wall, cracks. It's been 1yr and we are still waiting for them to fix many things. So frustrating to not be able to enjoy the home you put so much money into.

Original review: April 30, 2020

I found a spot of black mold in our closet, went on the roof to investigate and found the shingles were sagging. Hired a contractor we pulled up the shingles and found the entire west side and the valleys on our roof was filled with dry rot. The issue was Poor construction, the roofing paper they used was short from coming to the edge of the roof which caused the water to wick up the strand board (plywood like product made with chips) and after 16 years our roof was about to cave in. A roof 16 years old should not have dry rot, The person who installed our home built a 3 car garage using the same material as the home and there was zero issues with the garage roof, matter of fact the shingles did not need replaced.

After reviewing the contract I found the roof had a 20 year warranty, I approached Palm Harbor where the home was constructed, they refused to come out to investigate they just said not covered. I hired a roofing company and a contractor. $$$ later we fix the roof. After reviewing Palm Harbor website I figured that maybe they might consider meeting us halfway with the cost. I emailed Palm Harbor headquarter in a non threatening way explaining the issue with the roof and attached pictures to point out the poor construction thinking since the web site mention about how they pride themselves quality workmanship and customer service they may at least help us out with half the cost.

My email went to Forrest Barnes, division vice president, the answer was No. It is really sad when a large company that builds homes for Families and preaches How the care about quality, customer service and doing it right the first time, are really unethical, has poor customer service and they do care about quality workmanship. It's all about the bottom line. I would stay far away from doing business with Palm Harbor Homes.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

We started looking at homes in November and we chose them because their houses on the lot looked very nice. Once we decided this and got everything done at the bank and told them we wanted it they started ignoring us after the down payment. January 16 our house was delivered and it was pathetic the way they put it together that first day so I gave them the benefit of the doubt because they weren’t fully finished yet. I was wrong! They put two huge cracks in our ceiling, the trimming was on crooked and coming off, there were nails sticking out of the wall, none of our doors would shut, and the list continues to go on. It is now February 24th and they have still yet to come out and fix the problems. This is the absolute worst experience and don’t recommend to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

Do not buy from Palm Harbor! We bought a home from Palm Harbor Cleveland in November. It’s been a nightmare since. First of all the steps we were provided were a joke. We couldn’t even move in until they brought out a slightly better set after I called corporate. They knocked down my new mailbox and said I should have moved it. We can’t get anything on our “30 day” list of repairs done, or even a call back unless it’s an emergency such as front door not locking or glass shower doors falling in on my 10 year old grandson. To top of off, they finally installed our skirting in February, after purchasing in November and it was the wrong color. They asked me to send a copy of a personal text message proving I had selected a different color. I wish I could attach pictures because the workmanship of the skirting itself was just as bad as the rest of the items on the repair list. Not good! Once you sign those papers, they are done!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

We went and picked out a home in May of this year. We were told that we would be in it within 6 to 8 weeks. This was perfect as our lease was up for renewal. We got all of our stuff done for the bank within a week. Then no word or call backs from the dealer. I walked into the office to find out what was going on three weeks after. They misplaced our file. I ended up tracking down the DM over the area. That was a chore since no one wanted to give his number out. We were then informed that there was no way we would be in a home within that time period. The DM and the dealership could care less about the customer. But, they have all these awards hanging in the office on great customer service. So, after getting the ball going now.

We went in to finalize the home order, which we already did once before. We picked out everything we wanted done and signed off on. Granted, there has been no apologies given. We closed 5 months later. They ordered the house, in the next couple of days, we get a call saying that the sink was in the model was no longer available and they were putting a different in. Umm, no. We picked out a home that we both wanted and that's what we agreed upon. After a week, they found a sink in another factory. What a concept that was. 3 weeks later, our home arrives. They pull the first half in and my wife says "The backsplash in the kitchen is wrong" So, I go in to that half. There is nothing correct that we ordered. So, I call the delivery person. She's off for the night, call the GM.

So, I call the GM. He is in a meeting and says, "It's the right floor plan. We are not taking it back and will fix it." Lo and behold, the other half is not right either. The GM calls back later that night and says, he's out of town and will look at the file in a couple of days. They call back and said that they are pulling their good trim guy over to FIX a brand new home. All we get is "It happens." NO. It should not happen. We signed off on a floor plan that got sent to the factory. So needless to say, it took 2 full weeks to remodel a brand new house. The reason it was not done right, The factory discontinued the material that was used in the model. Probably, if the dealership was on top of what they were supposed to be doing. We would have been in it on time.

We had 2 months more of rent and 2 months more of storage to pay out. Once again, no apologies or compensation as they made the home to what we ordered. The DM will not return calls, the corporate office will not return calls. The delivery person is the only one that has followed up with us. As we are still waiting for a door to get replaced. The quality of the home is like 12 year olds built it. The entire home had to be repainted, trim had to be fixed. Inside and out. The doors were not even close to being square. I hope I never have to replace the outside light, as there is a tub of caulk that was used to seal them. Go somewhere else. Once you are preapproved, you may switch dealers. Something we found out after the fact. Buyer beware.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

Palm Harbor in Millersburg built my manufactured home called the Lake Port. It was stretched costing me 4500.00. We found that the company made a hallway unpassable. So to increase its size they cut up my bathroom's 3 cabinets and deleted 20 cubic feet without consulting us about what they were up to. Instead of 1 set of cabinets its one door even opening wrong above a toilet. 3 large cabinets completely gone. Under sink they could have put as seen in model 2 full sets of cabinets with shelves below. No, just 2 big door cabinets and how can you store your stuff in a bathroom without cabinets with shelves.

Complain about fixing it, and even if I put the cabinets in they act like it was not mine to have. They gave me nothing in place of the 3 cabinets taken out but 2 odd shelves that don't even look good. They act like they can't do anything when in fact I paid for a bathroom that would be with all those cabinets. I put extra money into having a larger house. And what I got is a dinky bathroom because of it.

I know they will suppose to be fixing the other mistakes, like they didn't even come close to painting the outside right. But they seem to be more interested in their feelings than a customer's. They tried to force me to take their appliances I didn't order. Boy did they move when I said I am putting them out in a puddle.

Just can't believe how they put a huge mirror over a tub, when you would expect a shelve display. And the problem is they smeared silicone on the other side, so if I can manage to take it off the wall, that would ruin the wall sheetrock and all. Of course they can't take it off either. So all mirrors in bathroom are made this way for good and it takes literally smashing the mirror to get it off.

It's hard to say if they tell you that your house is being built with huge staples. My husband watched them extend our roof and watched them nail this way. Oh by the way, their padding under the rug is so toxic. Be sure to check what your getting and take pictures of the home. But don't use Palm Harbor. They only care about money. They are not carpenters.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

We chose a manufactured home for efficiency and Palm Harbor because we thought it was a quality manufacturer. Despite the story told on their website, Palm Harbor does not build quality homes. We bought our home in 2016 from Homes Direct in Merced, CA. I would not recommend them. Even if they think they are using good products, the construction itself is shabby. There are soft spots in the flooring, which should be impossible. Multiple windows are hard to open and leak when it rains. The wood framing on one exterior door rotted out. I don't think they caulked them. We are having to replace all windows and siding. The video on their website says exterior walls are 16 inch on center, but ours is 24. Overall, a very upsetting process.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

We purchased a double wide modular home in Sept. 2018. The home showed up looking like crap, nail heads sticking up, hammer head dents all over. The bathtub is leaking, the cabinet doors laminate is peeling up, window blinds not working. There is a huge gap in the transition between the master bedroom, and master bathroom, windows not caulked completely. I have been trying to get warranty work on this for almost a year, same issue as other customer complaints, they show up and then say they need to order materials, and never come back to fix it. Then when you contact them to find out when they will be back, they tell me they sent someone out who completed the work already, and they additionally try and make me out to be the bad guy. At every turn their warranty team tries to lay the blame for their crappy quality on me somehow!!

This is the worst work, and company I have ever had to deal with in my life. A brand-new home, built like crap, and somehow it is my fault. The only fault I can see, is having purchased a home from them. They have no respect for me or the quality of their workmanship. Do not ever buy a home from Palm Harbor. You will never get them to hold up to their contractual agreement, and they will belittle you at every opportunity to try and scare you away from getting any warranty work done or filing a claim against them. They do not provide any paperwork on what their warranty covers, either upfront when purchasing, or after the home has been delivered! I am a very dissatisfied customer, and wish I had a better avenue to warn people from buying their homes.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

This company is FRAUD and corporate might be aware of it but they just cover up! I used to work there and even bought one there. I don’t regret my home but I do regret that Dealer because all they do is lie! They make the customer hear YES to everything but once you sign they give you the finger! Spend your money somewhere else coz Palm Harbor is full of Lies! Especially the one in Houston and is ran from same management in Alvin. Gold key care and home warranty is paid thru your money so don’t believe them when they say it’s free!! Deny the warranty and buy you a private one with that $2k they will add to your contract!! They are horrible and I just pray for the day they go out of business when all the customers start suing them!

Original review: June 8, 2019

We bought our double wide 4 years ago this past month. We had problems from day 1. When they showed up to our property with the home and removed the plastic, the vinyl flooring had been changed from what was ordered. Luckily I liked this design as well. They didn’t strap down the fridge for transportation so it had moved across the floor several feet and the side of the fridge was scratched up. They sent me paint to fix it. The hood over the stove was dented and had to be replaced. They forgot to put the stove in so the trim guy and my husband as to go to our local Lowe's to buy one. The vinyl flooring in the dining room and master bathroom started bubbling up. The flooring in the kitchen squeaked when you walked on it and the air conditioner didn’t work.

They sent out a guy that tried to fix the floor and filled the air conditioner with Freon so it started working, but that only lasted a year. He cut slits in the vinyl flooring and inserted glue to try to fix the bubbling. A year later I called that my air conditioner had completely quit working and was told to contact the warranty company. Never could get them to do anything. We had to pay out of our own pocket to fix it. Now it’s acting up again and not cooling. All the sub flooring in the kitchen and dining room squeaks when you walk on it. The joints are uneven. Some of the flooring is unlevel. I was told it’s because the home has settled and needs releveled. It’s been checked twice and it’s perfectly level. None of the interior doors are square. The wall between the bedroom and living room is so uneven that the ceiling is being pushed up.

Was told they would have to send someone out to completely tear out the wall and rebuild it. We decided against that since it is only cosmetic and would be a major hassle being we have nowhere else to live with they would be there fixing it. This company does not stand behind their product and will jerk you around until your warranty has expired even though it was never fixed in the first place. We paid extra for several upgrades to our home and had it come straight from the factory. I will never again buy from this company.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Please don’t buy a Palm Harbor home. We moved in ours 12-15-18 and have had nothing but problems. Heat that does not work. $400 plus a month electric bills. Siding not installed to manufacture instructions so no warranty. It’s buckling. Roof that has a 3” gap all the way down ridge line. Flooring that peels up and is lumpy only to find out again no warranty due to improper installation. They never put a required underlayment down. They glued vinyl floor to OSB sub floor and that’s not to APA regulations. So again no warranty on sub floor and vinyl flooring that we paid extra for. What a joke.

So far we have sent 3 certified letters demanding repairs. The state of Texas has inspected our home and multiple code violations only to have Palm Harbor not repair and instruct us to sue them. They lie and have predatory business practices. We have hired a lawyer and with repairs and lawyer we are looking at over $200,000.00 to get our home fixed. That’s more than we paid for our home. Please please don’t buy a Palm Harbor home.

Original review: March 4, 2019

First, paid 750 for a spa tub that had no pictures.2nd, Ordered toilets that were elongated. ordered a special paint scheme. Home arrived from factory, was put together quickly. Trim crew was out quickly. I don't know how this guy was called a trim guy, but his job was so simple. I guess no one that was here had a job that consisted of checking anything at all to see if everything worked properly or at all. The so called trim guy sucked so bad, I signed and sent him away. None of my doors are square, they don’t close right, come to find out they don't use wooden door jambs. The screws are all stripped from being over tightened. The guy Marcello says the pantry door doesn’t close because of vacuum lmao.

I've been doing trim for 20 years, including doors and everything in remodeling, carpentry. Can't blow that smoke up my **. Now the tiles have fell off in the bad ** looking master shower. I do tile as well. Mastic isn't exactly the adhesive you want use use in the shower. it is a water-soluble adhesive. then when you 1st put a shower together, you should seal all the joints with tape and thinset 1st. Then seal whatever backer board with red seal If you build a bench, it is a must to use red seal or compatible material on that wood. They didn’t. they just put the ** right on the wood. They came out and and did the same thing they did at the factory again because that’s the stupid ** way they do it there. I even told the idiot how it should be done.

Now they came off again. Sounds like they are trying to put blame on us. All our crown molding looks like kids did it. **. The carpet is string on the edges and coming up along most walls. the base boards all look like they've been shot by Machine gun Kelly. They us staples to attach trim. they don't sink, so they stand out. All the drywall cracks. The way they fix it before you sign off, is to put a putty in and paint it. That works long enough for them to get you to sign and they get paid.

A couple days later, all the cracks are back. no one wants to fix them properly. There obviously isn't any ** quality control in Palm Harbor. All my walls and ceilings are one coated. Doesn't look like a primer paint was used. I see every tape joint in every room on every wall and ceiling. They got white enamel paint on the oil rubbed bronze rail for the barn door and tried to remove it and took the color off the rail. The paint looking like that right when you walk in the front door is absolutely embarrassing. Clumps of ** blew out of the hopper when they textured, they just left it. Why? these people suck balls. don’t buy Palm harbor. nothing is square either.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Customer service after the sale is horrible. Homes are cheaply made. We have electrical problems, cabinet doors falling off, crack that runs all the way down the center of the home with vinyl flooring cracking up, front door that leaks, gaps in trim around cabinets, windows uneven in rooms. Try to get anything fixed and the dealership blames it on the factory and factory blames it on the dealership so nothing ever gets done!!!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

We bought our home a year ago from Tyler branch. Was a great experience, we had some problems with the "gold key". The foundation was done on time, dirt was completed in timely fashion, house was delivered little late, the crew was awesome, level of house was great. They worked with me. I took a level throughout the house. Perfect job. The only complaint we had was the flooring tile. Guessing a flaw in the product, no worries, they replaced the entire floor. Only complaint we had was we were already moved in and had to move our furniture around. Overall good job when was finished. We love our new home. Great experience overall.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Purchased a triple wide... total nightmare. Cracks in the wall/ceiling. Cheap materials. Did pay extra for 3/4 plywood floors. Had some minor modifications. Salesman told us they could plumb for grey water. BIG LIE. My plumbers showed up to connect everything and said it was NOT plumbed for grey water. Called the salesman on the spot and claimed he didn't know what grey water was. (And I had witnesses to verify him explaining it to my son.) So now I have a grey water tank siting empty. Called the manager and was rerouted to one person, then another, then another... When I called corporate to complain I was told I should have faxed my complaints in. Well nobody told me that or I WOULD have.

Palm Harbor is a joke and a TOTAL RIP OFF. I know NOTHING about construction but could have built a better shack than this. Roof leaking... another nightmare, every room has a leak!!! You can literally stand outside and look at the roof and see the sags in it. Ridiculous. The ceiling and roof joist is build with 2x2's not 2x4's. Who does that? Pipes leaking, husband had to fix. The first 4 months our electric bill was over $500 because they didn't hook up the cross over in the ceiling correctly. Was promised a partial reimbursement. Not a penny. And I DID fax in the electric bills. Several plugs don't work and the ones that work are constantly tripping breakers. Windows were not installed correctly... They are foggy from moisture getting in between the panes. Windows not installed properly, I can barely open them. Screws everywhere are constantly backing out. The house itself is total crap.

After numerous calls to the Palm Harbor location in Boerne, Tx gave us nothing but a runaround. When they finally showed up to fix problems they showed up a couple days before the warranty expired. And half ** everything! How convenient huh. Tiles falling off in kitchen and bathroom... Too many other things to list. I HATE MY HOUSE! This was supposed to be our dream home... And if anyone from corporate wants to contact me please feel free to call! I would love to tell you what I think of your company and workmanship.

Palm Harbor Homes Company Information