Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Fleetwood Homes Reviews

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

We purchase a manufactured home last year in 2018 from Fleetwood Homes, and I wish I would have checked the reviews first. The model home we looked at had differences in what we received. Once the salesman got the sale he was done with us. He was rude, nasty and didn't want anything to do with us. When we had gotten our home the very first thing was the refrigerator started to leak. They never hooked it up. The fridge it just leaned against the wall. When we turned the power on water flooded all over the kitchen and poured out the wall outside. The ceiling connecting to the walls are not taped and muddied. They are caulked causing continual cracks throughout the home. Supposedly this is the new way that they do things.

The kitchen cabinets were cracked. White over spray from paint. Someone took no pride in their work. Everything is poorly put together and the materials used are cheap. It seems like every time we turn around there is something wrong with the home. We have had water leaks, air leaks! I could cry because we made such a poor decision and spent a lot of our hard earned money for this home. If we had known this before we purchased it we never would have bought from this company. We are out a lot of money and are very, very dissatisfied.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Bought a home in Feb 2019. Nothing but problems from the time I ordered it till now. The service people they send out to fix things are a waste of time. Told me my stuff was nickel and dime crap. Hello!!!! What gives them the right to say that crap. Received my home in March and now it needs a new roof. WTH? Fleetwood is refusing to pay for it. Their products are junk and I wish I had researched them before I bought one. I will never recommend Junkwood (Fleetwood) to anyone. Their service and everything else about them suck.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

Wish I could give negative stars and seriously wish I would have seen these reviews before our purchase of a Junkwood (Fleetwood)!! It's been one huge let down for sure. Upgrades that we didn't get, so much stuff wrong!! Much of what others have already stated.. Such a cheap piece of junk and it's brand new. We've only lived here a month. We were told by Palm Harbor in Burleson that these were great homes and with the upgrades it would be even better. Such a joke. We haven't even had them out to repair all the things that didn't do plus all the repairs through the only walk through we were allowed to figure out and make note of everything broken or missing...

I'm sorry but there is no way possible to be able to find everything wrong in an hour walk through. Everything just turned into such bs. It's ours though, nothing we can do now, except warn others. Buyer beware. Maybe once upon a time they were decent homes, idk, I just know that ours is not great or even good. It's just livable. Maybe after a few years of us doing repairs and adding the upgrades we've already been charged for but didn't receive, maybe then it will be "good". Again, buyer beware... Don't get scammed into thinking that these are great well built homes.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Cheaply built, falling apart before a year up. All trim isn't solid wood and not stain. It is contact paper. Doorknobs falling apart. Doors front and back needs insulation could feel wind around them. If you mop floors watch out because all the wood close to the floor will start swelling and the contact paper comes off. Would not recommend Fleetwood Homes to buy unless you are a contractor and plan to reduce the inside. Also the outside siding keeps coming down so we just keep the ladder nearby.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I purchased my Fleetwood home in January 2018. Things were falling apart and breaking from day one. 2 cracked ceilings, trim falling off everywhere, broken electrical outlets, creaky floors, and kitchen cabinets falling off. Now 6 months after the one year crappy warranty has ran out my roof is buckling in two places and today I found that water pipes have been leaking between the shower and bedroom wall which saturated the wall that is now sinking in. I’m absolutely livid that all of this has happened after only one year and 6 months. Do not buy a Fleetwood home!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fleetwood Homes?

Original review: July 9, 2019

They didn't finish the cabinet under the kitchen sink so there is just subflooring there. Rodents and other animals can get in. Not structural so they don't care. I've taken pictures and sent the broker pictures and Fleetwood just says it isn't structural so they don't, won't cover it. This was something that was wrong coming out of the factory. Evidently they don't cover that. I wasn't aware of it. It looked weird but I've never bought a mobile home so I didn't know what it should look like under the sink. The kickboard is there but behind it is unfinished flooring and huge gaps around where pipes go out. I just want them to fix it. No extra stuff.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I've had several issues with my 1999 model Fleetwood home. Problems with subfloor, faucets, siding, windows, & recently my water heater. My water heater went out and I ended up with almost 40 gallons of water within my home. The reason why is because there was no shut off valve for the incoming water line going to the tank, so I had to shut my water main coming into my house off. Wish I would of known was I was getting myself into when I purchased this home.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Lived in an older Fleetwood mobile home for several years and loved it, with no issues. When looking at a newer model, the price and value seems to be there to go with Fleetwood again! Great value for the budget minded.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Water coming through my window, it’s raining in San Diego County, leaking down the window sill, water in wall, and floor. Company response time is so slow, I assume my broker had it resealed. 2/7/19. Caulking around the edge. The next rainstorm 2/14/19 there was more water leaking in the same window. Raining again in San Diego County, it was not fixed. My broker has repeatedly called for repairs, but received a response weeks after initial complaint. Also cracks need to be fixed, due to settling (normal after you place a new home). Order placed 2/11/19. The customer service is poor, no response for weeks, lies are numerous, and no communication with representative of Fleetwood.

According to research I did and the time it takes for MOLD to take hold behind a wet wall, is 24-48 hr, I now am worried about mold in my bedroom. My major complaints regarding Fleetwood is the lies. And taking advantage of people. Usually older ones (elder abuse). After my old mobile home burned down May 7, 2018, I shopped around for a new mobile home, most dealers told me delivery time would be 3-5 months. The Fleetwood representative promised me 6 weeks. Order June 1-2018. Will be delivered July 15-2018.

My home was delivered October 2018, 5 months later. Lied to me from the beginning of this transaction. While money was already paid, It’s Impossible to work with Fleetwood regarding customer service issues, now leaks in the bedroom, fixing cracks, someone called me today 2/21/19 that did not understand my problem of leaks by the window. Or did he talk about the settling cracks? He did not understand what he needed to do, he had no knowledge of the damage or how to go about finding the leak. Where is the water coming from. I ordered a thermal scan and will pay for this out of my own pocket, to find out where the leak originates. Will pass that onto the real estate broker and hope I will be reimbursed (not counting on it).

My cracks in ceiling and walls are not fixed as of this date. 2/21/19. The quality of the Fleetwood manufactured home is sub-par, pretty cheap, no detail to finishing, some crooked, not level walls, doors not level, to fix the crooked doors was a 4 week dilemma. To get if fixed. I could not close the doors, could not move in. If you read this complaint you are warned about working with a Fleetwood representative. The home is a 24X56 double wide. New cost $81k for the home. Plus side work etc total $119K. Be aware.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

The water heater hose was not crimped @ the factory. When the water was turned on 3 rooms were flooded. The pipes under the kitchen sink were not attached to the drain. The cracked ceilings looked worse after being repaired twice. Three corners of the tile shower cracked and had to be grouted. It’s hard to understand how some of the issues we have encountered were not addressed during the inspection process at the factory. Very frustrating when you spend so much money on a new home and constantly finding poor craftsmanship. The above mentioned are only a few of the issues we have been and still are dealing with. Please beware of Fleetwood Homes and be sure to do your homework before you make a costly mistake.

Fleetwood Homes expert review by Joseph Truini

Fleetwood Homes has been building custom homes since 1950. It's one of the largest manufactured homebuilders in the United States.

• Homes are factory-built and then transported to the site: This unique process cuts down on waste, allows for top-notch quality control, and permits building in all types of weather. Fleetwood homebuilding factories are located in seven states: California, Georgia, Idaho, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.

• Floor plans available online: Prospective homebuyers can input their zip codes to find a variety of plans for homes available in different regions of the country.

• Sustainable materials: All homes are built using as many sustainable materials as possible, reducing the effect on the environment.

• Similar style homes: Since homes are factory-built, most models are similar in size and architectural style. Fleetwood specializes in easy-living ranch-style homes.

• Brand name suppliers: Homes are built using materials from brand-name suppliers, which ensures a reliable supply of high-quality materials.

• Best for: Fleetwood Homes is best for environmentalists, budget-minded homebuyers and people interested in manufactured housing.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Fleetwood Homes Company Information