Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

161 Fleetwood Homes Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 21, 2019

I purchased my Fleetwood home in January 2018. Things were falling apart and breaking from day one. 2 cracked ceilings, trim falling off everywhere, broken electrical outlets, creaky floors, and kitchen cabinets falling off. Now 6 months after the one year crappy warranty has ran out my roof is buckling in two places and today I found that water pipes have been leaking between the shower and bedroom wall which saturated the wall that is now sinking in. I’m absolutely livid that all of this has happened after only one year and 6 months. Do not buy a Fleetwood home!!!!

Original review: July 9, 2019

They didn't finish the cabinet under the kitchen sink so there is just subflooring there. Rodents and other animals can get in. Not structural so they don't care. I've taken pictures and sent the broker pictures and Fleetwood just says it isn't structural so they don't, won't cover it. This was something that was wrong coming out of the factory. Evidently they don't cover that. I wasn't aware of it. It looked weird but I've never bought a mobile home so I didn't know what it should look like under the sink. The kickboard is there but behind it is unfinished flooring and huge gaps around where pipes go out. I just want them to fix it. No extra stuff.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I've had several issues with my 1999 model Fleetwood home. Problems with subfloor, faucets, siding, windows, & recently my water heater. My water heater went out and I ended up with almost 40 gallons of water within my home. The reason why is because there was no shut off valve for the incoming water line going to the tank, so I had to shut my water main coming into my house off. Wish I would of known was I was getting myself into when I purchased this home.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Lived in an older Fleetwood mobile home for several years and loved it, with no issues. When looking at a newer model, the price and value seems to be there to go with Fleetwood again! Great value for the budget minded.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Water coming through my window, it’s raining in San Diego County, leaking down the window sill, water in wall, and floor. Company response time is so slow, I assume my broker had it resealed. 2/7/19. Caulking around the edge. The next rainstorm 2/14/19 there was more water leaking in the same window. Raining again in San Diego County, it was not fixed. My broker has repeatedly called for repairs, but received a response weeks after initial complaint. Also cracks need to be fixed, due to settling (normal after you place a new home). Order placed 2/11/19. The customer service is poor, no response for weeks, lies are numerous, and no communication with representative of Fleetwood.

According to research I did and the time it takes for MOLD to take hold behind a wet wall, is 24-48 hr, I now am worried about mold in my bedroom. My major complaints regarding Fleetwood is the lies. And taking advantage of people. Usually older ones (elder abuse). After my old mobile home burned down May 7, 2018, I shopped around for a new mobile home, most dealers told me delivery time would be 3-5 months. The Fleetwood representative promised me 6 weeks. Order June 1-2018. Will be delivered July 15-2018.

My home was delivered October 2018, 5 months later. Lied to me from the beginning of this transaction. While money was already paid, It’s Impossible to work with Fleetwood regarding customer service issues, now leaks in the bedroom, fixing cracks, someone called me today 2/21/19 that did not understand my problem of leaks by the window. Or did he talk about the settling cracks? He did not understand what he needed to do, he had no knowledge of the damage or how to go about finding the leak. Where is the water coming from. I ordered a thermal scan and will pay for this out of my own pocket, to find out where the leak originates. Will pass that onto the real estate broker and hope I will be reimbursed (not counting on it).

My cracks in ceiling and walls are not fixed as of this date. 2/21/19. The quality of the Fleetwood manufactured home is sub-par, pretty cheap, no detail to finishing, some crooked, not level walls, doors not level, to fix the crooked doors was a 4 week dilemma. To get if fixed. I could not close the doors, could not move in. If you read this complaint you are warned about working with a Fleetwood representative. The home is a 24X56 double wide. New cost $81k for the home. Plus side work etc total $119K. Be aware.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fleetwood Homes?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

The water heater hose was not crimped @ the factory. When the water was turned on 3 rooms were flooded. The pipes under the kitchen sink were not attached to the drain. The cracked ceilings looked worse after being repaired twice. Three corners of the tile shower cracked and had to be grouted. It’s hard to understand how some of the issues we have encountered were not addressed during the inspection process at the factory. Very frustrating when you spend so much money on a new home and constantly finding poor craftsmanship. The above mentioned are only a few of the issues we have been and still are dealing with. Please beware of Fleetwood Homes and be sure to do your homework before you make a costly mistake.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I quit this job after 2+ weeks after finding out that a good number of the employees were illegal immigrants and instead of a paycheck or direct deposit they were given the option of receiving a prepaid Visa card. This company is the root of the problem in America. I won't even mention the horrible quality control and pushing manufactured homes out for delivery that were some of the poorest constructed manufactured homes I have ever seen in decades as a carpenter. Thank God I found a new job with a fantastic company that values quality and honest hard work from legitimate employees. I have no personal or business relationship with this company so, my review is well within the guidelines of Consumer Affairs.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Ordered home in Feb. 2018 - was not told home to be del. Sept. 2018. Installers did lousy work, took out neighbor mailbox didn't replace, urinated on neighbor's driveway, left debris to blow in neighbors' yards, came out to do some repairs that are not acceptable. Now can't get date for many items on punch list to be repaired, (not even a date). Now Oct.19, 2018 can't move in?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Paid for R-30 insulation upgrade. Parts of our home are hotter in the summer and colder in the winter. We thought there was a crimp in the duct run. After over a year and 1/2 of complaining, Fleetwood finally sent someone to check it out. He removed a section of our roof and to our amazement in some places there was NO insulation, in some places 1 to 2 inches MAX. If there had of been no insulation anywhere, we would conclude that it just got missed on the production line, but the fact that there was SOME tells us that they just didn't care. Which makes us question whether we got the other "upgrades" we paid for that are not in view. Also makes us wonder how many other folks are devoid of insulation, thinking they received what they paid for. Could it be class-action suit time?

There are other issues too numerous to name in this review, but we felt it was important to let folks know about the insulation issue. Even after we sent pictures of the missing insulation, it took a week to get a response. Not an apology. In fact, we haven't received an apology for ANY of the things that have gone awry in our home. The response we got was they "are looking for a company to reinsulate and WHEN they locate one, they'll let us know." That's it. In other words, don't bother us. We'll let YOU know. A year and a half we've been paying for energy in a home devoid of ceiling insulation. How much, if any, insulation do we have in our walls? How would we even know?

So, long story short, if you are thinking of buying a mobile home, think long and hard before you buy a Fleetwood. We love the layout of our home. It's very pretty and gives us what we need. We loved our sales team. Some of the repair subcontractors were very professional and did a good job WHEN THEY WERE FINALLY SENT OUT. Fleetwood company customer service is completely lacking. It's because of the subcontractors that were sent out and the sales team that we gave ONE STAR. The floorplan would get 5 stars. Fleetwood corporation would get NO STARS.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Purchased it (mobile home) in 2017. Right at the start started having problems. Factory would come out fix at it, usually the people that came out were very unprofessional, If it wasn't in the list to fix you could forget it. They wouldn't even touch it, they acted like it killed them to have to work on it. My thoughts, "That is your job, I am expected where I work to do mine." Now they are saying it's been over a year. It's out of warranty.

True but had you fixed all the problems the first couple of times you came out instead of goofing off & half fixing it, I could send an email with a list it would take them months to respond & set up a day to come out. They wouldn't call a day ahead so someone could be there. Me & my husband work so we could not just sit at the house waiting on them just to show up. Sometimes it was 3 or 5 months before they came out, just very dissatisfied with them. Paid so much for a new home & you walk across my floors. They creak like it's a 50 year old house.

Fleetwood Homes expert review by Joseph Truini

Fleetwood Homes has been building custom homes since 1950. It's one of the largest manufactured homebuilders in the United States.

• Homes are factory-built and then transported to the site: This unique process cuts down on waste, allows for top-notch quality control, and permits building in all types of weather. Fleetwood homebuilding factories are located in seven states: California, Georgia, Idaho, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.

• Floor plans available online: Prospective homebuyers can input their zip codes to find a variety of plans for homes available in different regions of the country.

• Sustainable materials: All homes are built using as many sustainable materials as possible, reducing the effect on the environment.

• Similar style homes: Since homes are factory-built, most models are similar in size and architectural style. Fleetwood specializes in easy-living ranch-style homes.

• Brand name suppliers: Homes are built using materials from brand-name suppliers, which ensures a reliable supply of high-quality materials.

• Best for: Fleetwood Homes is best for environmentalists, budget-minded homebuyers and people interested in manufactured housing.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Fleetwood Homes Company Information