About Fleetwood Homes
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 4,133,178 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
I bought a brand new Fleetwood home back in Sept 2021, and finally moved in 12/25/2021. In March 2022, my master shower pan broke. It is now September of 2022, 6 months later. And my master shower pan is still broken. 6 months of not being able to use my brand new master shower. I've emailed the retailer, called fleetwood, and the fiberglass company that fleetwood used for the shower pan. And in 6 months, it's still not fixed, not even looked at to get fixed.
Only one year warranty, they don’t want to fix anything. They take forever, the repairman blamed several things on me. His supervisor told me was tired of sending him out for cosmetic issues. My backdoor wasn't shutting and my 18 month old granddaughter could just push it open. “That’s cosmetic?” anyway. Everything was turned in before warranty expired and now they don’t want to honor it. Bath tub is cracking because no support in the floor.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
I ordered my factory-built home in California via USModular, who installed it. The home was fine when it arrived, except for some very minor problems which I cannot get them to fix come hell or high water. I had a similar problem as the other reviewer--air bumps under the flooring they laid at the factory, the windows are not airtight--they condense inside the double panes. The stove starts beeping that it has reached the temperature I set if for when in fact, the oven thermometer shows half the temperature. And here is what really bugs me--two of the door locks don't work. Although USModular installed the doors, and the locks, Fleetwood says it will provide the new locks, but not the installation. Also, I repeatedly send emails asking when the work will be done, and no one responds. Not even a "we're checking on it." I'm an attorney and if we provided this type of customer service, we'd be out of business.
This company alongside Craftsman homes has been awful to work with. My house was delivered with rips in the vinyl flooring. Upon our move in the the service manager for craftsman contacted Fleetwood to get more flooring. After 3 failed attempts at repairing my flooring, fleetwood agreed to send enough flooring to do a complete vinyl replacement. When the repair guy got here he only attempted to fix the area in which the flooring had already been messed up 3 times. He told me he was told only to replace the initial areas that were bubbled up and peeling back. To my surprise as I would not have agreed to this half ** fix for a 4th time. I sent pictures to the company for review once again. My floors are bubbled, the seams where they cut out a huge section of my flooring are off, and the peel up as the glue dissolves when you mop your floors.
Fleetwood said that the repair was done correctly and that the extra glue on my floors will come off with a good mopping. My floors were scrubbed really well after this and I still have glue all over my floors and the seams are still coming apart. Also the floor is still bubbled resembling what a kindergartner using too much Elmer’s glue between construction paper would look like. I was told they will not be doing anything else to correct my floors even though this is a brand new house and I have what resembles 20 year old floors in the main walking area of my house. This company does not care about customer satisfaction or take pride in their work. They definitely have made me wish I would not have bought a new house through them.
Our inspection has 67 pages of citations for poor quality construction throughout the house. We have cracks and holes in the walls, flooring issues and our island is bubbled across the entire top. I copy/pasted from my report. Forgive the formatting.
1. Front of home: a. Soffit is cracked and appears to have a branch/tree caught in the crack; b. Shingles do not appear uniform and must be checked for damage; c. Storm door was broken and has been REMOVED by the builder; d. Front door is misaligned and does not lock/unlock properly.
2. Back of home: a. Hole in siding near master bedroom/bathroom near the corner. b. Siding is dented near bedroom #4. c. Siding is loose and bowed near bedroom #4. d. Hole in siding. e. Gaps/poorly fitted siding around smaller kitchen window; f. Siding damage under smaller kitchen window.
3. Side Entrance Door: a. Bottom door plate is dented; b. Power Outlet cover is jagged/broken underneath; c. Side trim of door is dented; d. Door itself is damaged on the exteriorSECTION II: INTERIOR
1. Flooring: a. Side entry door hallway has staples embedded; b. Kitchen in front of refrigerator is dented; c. Vinyl flooring throughout the entire house is bumpy; d. Finish is wearing and has developed holes; e. Around doorways the flooring is peeling in places.
2. Hallway: a. Dark trim is damaged outside bedroom #3; b. Missing/broken trim at floor & ceiling.
3. Bedroom #4: a. Window trim is damaged.
4. Bedroom #3: a. Wall panel is damaged; b. Closet has vertical strip molding bent/Door is damaged and aligned improperly.
5. Bedroom #2: a. Molding cracked/bowed; b. Door is aligned improperly; c. Closet has busted, bowed vertical trim; d. Accent wall in small hall has dark black marking.
6. Bedroom #1: a. Trim damaged, bent or bowed in several areas; b. Wall panels visibly cracked/damaged in several places; c. Accent wall vertical strip molding broken; d. Accent wall panels (all 3) have streaks running vertically.
7. Bathrooms: a. Master i. Cabinet doors damaged at corners with finish peeled exposing unfinished composite beneath, ii. Loose/damaged trim by bathtub, iii. Cracked corner molding by tub, iv. Backsplash laminate loose & peeling composite exposed, v. Closet behind door damage to wall/back of door; b. Second i. Trim in front of tub is loose, ii. Toilet seat broken/loose, iii. White caps not secured to base of toilet, iv. Broken vertical trim, v. Backsplash is damaged/cracked and peeling up,
8. Living Room: a. Wall panel near bedroom door damaged; b. Window Blinds are two different colors.
9. Kitchen: a. Island top is bowed/bubbled across the top and needs REPLACED; b. Molding around island is broken/missing; c. Floor dented center of walkway between refrigerator and island; d. Vertical trim is damaged on accent wall; e. GE Stove dented in the front.
All of the faucets are plastic and already breaking, the flooring ripped the first day, the kitchen cupboards are breaking, the carpet has many folds and when they came to repair it they put staples all over, the front faucet leaks, the bathroom counters are made for a giant and the front door leaks. The one star is for the insulation of the house. It stays warm. I would NEVER purchase a home like this ever again.
I purchased my home March 2020. Banks Mobile Homes in Lkld, Fl were awesome from the sale to installing, I couldn't have asked for better people. Fleetwood homes on the other hand trying to get repairs done is another story. With Corona going on we waited to turn in the repair claim, well in the meantime I ended up getting sick and my husband ended up passing away from this illness. Mr. ** was supposed to come to my home for floor repairs and various other things under warranty and he scheduled but never showed up. I had to call him to reschedule, once again he scheduled and never called to reschedule. This is unacceptable to me. I don't recommend Fleetwood Homes. If you buy one be prepared to figure out how to fix your own issues because you as the consumer are not important enough to get repairs.
Problems from day one, have only got worse. 4 months and $80,000 later this is what I am stuck with. HVAC & Water damage, due to manufacturer default and they don't want to fix issues. Still fighting them! I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves!
Bought my home in 2018. It was actually bought at a Clayton home dealer but it is a Fleetwood. I looked at several homes but this was the very first home I looked at. My utility bill has been lower than I have ever seen. Other than one drawer in my kitchen I have had no issues at all. The other reviews concerned me but praise the lord I haven't had their experiences. I lived in a regular stick built home before this one and have been more than pleased with my purchase. I hope my review can help others.
Purchased a Fleetwood single wide in 2018. First two times the wind blew while raining we had water coming down the wall. Fleetwood sent someone out and he calked everything. Said it was fixed. Third and fourth time it leaked - even though out of warranty they sent someone to caulk and said it was fixed. This time the rain came in multiple side of the home. The wall were running water around windows and doors - furniture and carpet damaged. Now we are concerned about mold. Fleetwood's response - "We fixed it every-time you called. Now it's out of warranty." We too made the mistake of paying cash so they have all their money and here we sit. So many of us with the same complaint.
Fleetwood Homes author review by Joseph Truini
Fleetwood Homes has been building custom homes since 1950. It's one of the largest manufactured homebuilders in the United States.
Homes are factory-built and then transported to the site: This unique process cuts down on waste, allows for top-notch quality control, and permits building in all types of weather. Fleetwood homebuilding factories are located in seven states: California, Georgia, Idaho, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.
Floor plans available online: Prospective homebuyers can input their zip codes to find a variety of plans for homes available in different regions of the country.
Sustainable materials: All homes are built using as many sustainable materials as possible, reducing the effect on the environment.
Similar style homes: Since homes are factory-built, most models are similar in size and architectural style. Fleetwood specializes in easy-living ranch-style homes.
Brand name suppliers: Homes are built using materials from brand-name suppliers, which ensures a reliable supply of high-quality materials.
Fleetwood Homes Company Information
- Company Name:
- Fleetwood Homes
- Year Founded:
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.