Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

160 Fleetwood Homes Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 9, 2019

They didn't finish the cabinet under the kitchen sink so there is just subflooring there. Rodents and other animals can get in. Not structural so they don't care. I've taken pictures and sent the broker pictures and Fleetwood just says it isn't structural so they don't, won't cover it. This was something that was wrong coming out of the factory. Evidently they don't cover that. I wasn't aware of it. It looked weird but I've never bought a mobile home so I didn't know what it should look like under the sink. The kickboard is there but behind it is unfinished flooring and huge gaps around where pipes go out. I just want them to fix it. No extra stuff.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I've had several issues with my 1999 model Fleetwood home. Problems with subfloor, faucets, siding, windows, & recently my water heater. My water heater went out and I ended up with almost 40 gallons of water within my home. The reason why is because there was no shut off valve for the incoming water line going to the tank, so I had to shut my water main coming into my house off. Wish I would of known was I was getting myself into when I purchased this home.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Lived in an older Fleetwood mobile home for several years and loved it, with no issues. When looking at a newer model, the price and value seems to be there to go with Fleetwood again! Great value for the budget minded.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Water coming through my window, it’s raining in San Diego County, leaking down the window sill, water in wall, and floor. Company response time is so slow, I assume my broker had it resealed. 2/7/19. Caulking around the edge. The next rainstorm 2/14/19 there was more water leaking in the same window. Raining again in San Diego County, it was not fixed. My broker has repeatedly called for repairs, but received a response weeks after initial complaint. Also cracks need to be fixed, due to settling (normal after you place a new home). Order placed 2/11/19. The customer service is poor, no response for weeks, lies are numerous, and no communication with representative of Fleetwood.

According to research I did and the time it takes for MOLD to take hold behind a wet wall, is 24-48 hr, I now am worried about mold in my bedroom. My major complaints regarding Fleetwood is the lies. And taking advantage of people. Usually older ones (elder abuse). After my old mobile home burned down May 7, 2018, I shopped around for a new mobile home, most dealers told me delivery time would be 3-5 months. The Fleetwood representative promised me 6 weeks. Order June 1-2018. Will be delivered July 15-2018.

My home was delivered October 2018, 5 months later. Lied to me from the beginning of this transaction. While money was already paid, It’s Impossible to work with Fleetwood regarding customer service issues, now leaks in the bedroom, fixing cracks, someone called me today 2/21/19 that did not understand my problem of leaks by the window. Or did he talk about the settling cracks? He did not understand what he needed to do, he had no knowledge of the damage or how to go about finding the leak. Where is the water coming from. I ordered a thermal scan and will pay for this out of my own pocket, to find out where the leak originates. Will pass that onto the real estate broker and hope I will be reimbursed (not counting on it).

My cracks in ceiling and walls are not fixed as of this date. 2/21/19. The quality of the Fleetwood manufactured home is sub-par, pretty cheap, no detail to finishing, some crooked, not level walls, doors not level, to fix the crooked doors was a 4 week dilemma. To get if fixed. I could not close the doors, could not move in. If you read this complaint you are warned about working with a Fleetwood representative. The home is a 24X56 double wide. New cost $81k for the home. Plus side work etc total $119K. Be aware.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

The water heater hose was not crimped @ the factory. When the water was turned on 3 rooms were flooded. The pipes under the kitchen sink were not attached to the drain. The cracked ceilings looked worse after being repaired twice. Three corners of the tile shower cracked and had to be grouted. It’s hard to understand how some of the issues we have encountered were not addressed during the inspection process at the factory. Very frustrating when you spend so much money on a new home and constantly finding poor craftsmanship. The above mentioned are only a few of the issues we have been and still are dealing with. Please beware of Fleetwood Homes and be sure to do your homework before you make a costly mistake.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fleetwood Homes?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I quit this job after 2+ weeks after finding out that a good number of the employees were illegal immigrants and instead of a paycheck or direct deposit they were given the option of receiving a prepaid Visa card. This company is the root of the problem in America. I won't even mention the horrible quality control and pushing manufactured homes out for delivery that were some of the poorest constructed manufactured homes I have ever seen in decades as a carpenter. Thank God I found a new job with a fantastic company that values quality and honest hard work from legitimate employees. I have no personal or business relationship with this company so, my review is well within the guidelines of Consumer Affairs.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Ordered home in Feb. 2018 - was not told home to be del. Sept. 2018. Installers did lousy work, took out neighbor mailbox didn't replace, urinated on neighbor's driveway, left debris to blow in neighbors' yards, came out to do some repairs that are not acceptable. Now can't get date for many items on punch list to be repaired, (not even a date). Now Oct.19, 2018 can't move in?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Paid for R-30 insulation upgrade. Parts of our home are hotter in the summer and colder in the winter. We thought there was a crimp in the duct run. After over a year and 1/2 of complaining, Fleetwood finally sent someone to check it out. He removed a section of our roof and to our amazement in some places there was NO insulation, in some places 1 to 2 inches MAX. If there had of been no insulation anywhere, we would conclude that it just got missed on the production line, but the fact that there was SOME tells us that they just didn't care. Which makes us question whether we got the other "upgrades" we paid for that are not in view. Also makes us wonder how many other folks are devoid of insulation, thinking they received what they paid for. Could it be class-action suit time?

There are other issues too numerous to name in this review, but we felt it was important to let folks know about the insulation issue. Even after we sent pictures of the missing insulation, it took a week to get a response. Not an apology. In fact, we haven't received an apology for ANY of the things that have gone awry in our home. The response we got was they "are looking for a company to reinsulate and WHEN they locate one, they'll let us know." That's it. In other words, don't bother us. We'll let YOU know. A year and a half we've been paying for energy in a home devoid of ceiling insulation. How much, if any, insulation do we have in our walls? How would we even know?

So, long story short, if you are thinking of buying a mobile home, think long and hard before you buy a Fleetwood. We love the layout of our home. It's very pretty and gives us what we need. We loved our sales team. Some of the repair subcontractors were very professional and did a good job WHEN THEY WERE FINALLY SENT OUT. Fleetwood company customer service is completely lacking. It's because of the subcontractors that were sent out and the sales team that we gave ONE STAR. The floorplan would get 5 stars. Fleetwood corporation would get NO STARS.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Purchased it (mobile home) in 2017. Right at the start started having problems. Factory would come out fix at it, usually the people that came out were very unprofessional, If it wasn't in the list to fix you could forget it. They wouldn't even touch it, they acted like it killed them to have to work on it. My thoughts, "That is your job, I am expected where I work to do mine." Now they are saying it's been over a year. It's out of warranty.

True but had you fixed all the problems the first couple of times you came out instead of goofing off & half fixing it, I could send an email with a list it would take them months to respond & set up a day to come out. They wouldn't call a day ahead so someone could be there. Me & my husband work so we could not just sit at the house waiting on them just to show up. Sometimes it was 3 or 5 months before they came out, just very dissatisfied with them. Paid so much for a new home & you walk across my floors. They creak like it's a 50 year old house.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Just purchased this Fleetwood March 2018, we have nothing but problems with workmanship. Everything falling apart. Cannot get good people from Fleetwood to fix everything as it should be. Keep in mind this is just my husband & I & we take very good care of this home. They send people out with just a bandaid fix & that's it or they come to fix something & it looks worse. What is wrong with this company. We owned a Fleetwood back in 1995 & it was great. Still have this. They don't do white appliances anymore which I think should be the consumer's choice since you are paying for this.

Just sloppy workmanship, nails, strips falling off the walls. Bad floors & they are not standing by their warranty. We just want what we paid for, no bells or whistles. But not a quick fix, new is new not bandaid fixes. No return calls, nothing. This is factory expo in Lafayette, Tn as well. We do not enjoy this home. It is very depressing because we trusted this company. We either want this home fixed right or we have no choice but to involve an attorney, & that is a shame.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

We purchased a new home in 2015. The home had workmanship problems from the start like exposed nails in all the window frames, cracks in the walls in all the rooms, cracks in the ceilings, paint on the floors and on the woodwork, cracked mirror frames in the master bathroom, cracked and pitted granite counters, the molding was not correctly mitered. The list is endless. I called the manufacture and had to threaten a lawsuit to get them to send someone out to fix these things. They never did a walk thru with us after we purchased which was the fault of the dealer. We purchased an on demand hot water that would not furnish hot water to the back of the house and had to fight with them to send a plumber out to fix that. We were told that they had never installed on in a large home like ours. I think that we should have been told that.

After one year and a half years, our roof started leaking. I called and they told me it was on us because our warranty had expired after one year. A roof should last for more than one year. We had a roofer come and re-roof a portion of the roof and they found nails in areas that they should not have been which is what caused the leaks. Most of the nails were put in at the factory.

We were not treated very nice and I would not recommend anyone buying from Fleetwood. We purchased our home with the installation for $195,000. We should have had a nice home for that price. They are disrespectful and do not stand by their product. It is a real shame. It will cost us thousands of dollars to repair everything that is wrong with our new home. The carpet is already in need of replacing as is the vinyl. We purchase this home for retirement. Now we have to work part-time jobs to fix things.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Do yourself a favor and stay away from Fleetwood homes. They just aren't on par with Palm Harbor style homes. When they installed the AC duct in this (2002) double wide it's touching the floor beams and it rotted out all the wood. Almost all the floors have to be redone. I even took pictures to show the laziness of the quality of work. They also use particle board. Useless cheap particle board just to save a couple of bucks. The house completely feels cheap compared to my parents Palm Harbor home. The reason I purchased this house is because I thought it was a Palm Harbor Home in the Google listing. Come to find out during closing time it was a Fleetwood. Seriously you've been warned!!! Even the new models are like this. They cut Corners to save money. Don't be a victim as well. The sunroof in the bathroom leaks water as well. During rain time the roof is caving in.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Purchased a new Double wide Fleetwood in 1998 and had many issues with bad construction, things omitted and lack of quality. Helped my Son purchase another new double wide home in Nov. 2010 and again having issues with bad quality and lack of any warranty backup. These homes are inferior from the plant. Screws under new vinyl, twisted board inside wall, told extra insulation and then no extra insulation or upgrading after delivery, really crappy setup also including skirting with very few screws that blew off the first time the wind blew. Very bad experience both times from the manufacture and from the sales people. Vents from the exhaust fan were not even vented thru the roof and thus ruined the whole ceiling in the laundry room (which they said they would not replace because it was not their fault!!). I will never buy another Fleetwood home and advise anyone considering one to run away and check reviews on another brand.

Original review: May 4, 2018

My name is Brian. We signed on with Lebanon Valley January 31st. Since then it has been a nightmare. Now we do live on the side of a mountain so it was never a perfect situation. Right away we explained that to them that it is not easy to deal with. They started off by saying it was not a problem and that they have many years of experience. We really liked a lot model and they agreed to sell it to us as it sat. It has all upgraded features and it was nice. We bought a plot of land at the base of the Tuscarora Mountain and it had a 20-year-old single-wide trailer. They agreed to pull it off and dispose of it. The purchase was to include all services, delivery set up, footer dug and poured, setting up all the utilities and plumbing etc... There was also a crane available if we needed it. (Their advertisement stated that) We gave them $5000.00.

I pushed on them to send someone up to do a site survey more than 3-4 times. Their response was we will be fine. We expressed that this was not a normal job. They Google Earthed it and we sent them pictures. That being done they still felt it would be no problem. The pictures show 3 trees that we felt were going to be in the way. They said we did not need to touch them. They finally agreed to send someone up. He came to the site did a few measurements walked around and he called back to Dale with an update. I asked the guy if we had to take the 34-foot deck down and he said as long as it wasn't attached to the trailer it would be ok. We had a power box very close to the front of the trailer. He said it was not a problem he has been doing this for 25 years.

So today they came to dig the footers and figured out the property isn't graded and that we need to have 4 tri-axle trucks of dry dirt brought in and graded before that will proceed. We need to pay for that. He never surveyed the land. It turned out to be 9 triaxles of dirt and shale costing us $2100. He called the bank for a draw of $10,000 dollars in order to continue with the transaction. He wanted $3500 for the footers, the rest to pay for the old trailer removal. He never told us we were paying for that. He sold the old trailer and is in a contract for it but the bank holds the title to it. He is a snake, he lacks every ounce of compassion and customer service there is. He doesn't want to do the right thing unless he is getting paid. He actually said everything he has been doing has been for our benefit. That is the short story. There is 2 months of crap I can’t even begin to go into.

It is now April 23rd. No house. They keep changing the delivery of the house due to weather. We had 3 perfect weather days last week, NO house. They said today, we contacted them yesterday and they said Tuesday now, weather permitting. There is a 50% chance of rain Tuesday, Wednesday, and maybe Thursday which would mean yet another week. We mentioned that and their person said "let's pray it doesn't rain". It is has been costing us $10.00 a day to keep our cat in a kennel, it going on a month or more now. Our other 2 pets are with family, costing them money to take care of. We have lived with my mother-in-law. At a hotel, and now with my son and his wife.

4/23/18 Pam called to let them know PennDOT will be blocking the road tomorrow possibly when they bring the house. She offered to meet them and bring them a new way. The driver said he JUST got the PennDOT permit yesterday. He bought and paid for hit. This explains why they kept postponing. They didn't have the permit. Liars. The said they will be here tomorrow. The first pc will be brought and the onsite guys will prep it. He will return for the second pc and it will be completed Thursday.

We received a call from LVMH asking that we sign the checks today Wednesday 4/25. They implied that they will not finish our home unless we sign the checks. We already have an appointment with them Thursday with the bank person. 4/25/18 They showed up on Thursday to work. We gave them a signed check for 90% of the remainder. 10% will be held until all work is done. They told us 2 days tops. Starting the 28th and finishing May 31. We notified them on the 31st that the refrigerator was scratched and dented badly. We sent them photos. We gave them a list of things that we found damaged.

5/2/18 It is Wednesday. 5/2 and the house is not done yet, the inside is a mess the property is all tore up and there is no new fridge, the property is still all torn up and the skirting isn’t on yet. We have waited for 4 months and we spent thousands of dollars in accommodations, storage, and kennel bills. We just want it done.

AGAIN this is the worst experience of our entire lives. Imagine you were homeless although we had living arrangements, we put a lot of people in discomfort. Please know that this has happened and maybe you can prevent it. Read the Negative Reviews on Lebanon Valley Homes Website and Facebook pages, there are many in similar situations. Why will nobody from your company hear this? I have complained several times online. We are stressed, exhausted and tired physically and mentally.

Original review: April 4, 2018

My and mine husband's experience with Fleetwood has been terrible! We are new homeowners as of 2017 and had nothing but problems with our brand new home! First off the flooring throughout the kitchen and dining room is that vinyl. When we moved in there was holes from their workers. They came to only tear out a new piece in and leave. Not only that all of our trimming wasn't nailed correctly. It was all coming apart, our carpet wasn't even tied down to the floor and walls. Paint is peeling. I will never ever recommend Fleetwood Homes to anyone! This is my first home and I want it nice but it dreadful. It feels like I'm living in a mess that I have to redo to make it home! Take your money elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I bought a Fleetwood home in 2001. It is the worst piece of crap. The house is out of square and every drawer has broken from its base. This is garbage and I will get try to let everyone know not to buy Fleetwood if it is the last thing I do. I am a vet and I know the public will hear me. You should see the sorry workmanship all thru the house. It was found that scrap wood and other garbage was placed under the bathtub which I had to remove. Lazy workers did not do their job. If I had been able at the time I would have sued you into the next century. But it's too late so I will do my best online and in public with help to let the public know to stay away from shysters like you.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Have nothing but good to say about The 2 bedroom 16 x 80 Westfield by Fleetwood mobile home. It's a 1997 Father lived in for 12 years, The wife and I have lived in for 4 years. Roof does not leak, but installing a new metal roof on it now, had new carpet installed couple years back. But overall very pleased with it. Do not believe that there is any home no matter who built it or what type that will not require some maintenance cost? But have seen very little of those cost with this home?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Bought a used Fleetwood home that was full of surprises! Wiring to outlets was 14g wire, not 12g which is code. Nothing in the home is square; interior walls are not perpendicular to the outside NOR the floor. Whoever installed the carpet placed staples at 1" intervals around the perimeter. Removing them took literally days. Flooring wasn't level at joints of the plywood sheets... some were 3/16 of an inch off.

All CPVC plumbing entering the home from beneath was installed haphazardly at angles. NONE of the runs were perpendicular to the floor. Under the vinyl flooring there were places where the adhesive was applied in gobs. Some of it was still not hardened after 15 years! ~20% of the staples holding the Sheetrock were not shot into studs. Studs were not 2x4 but 2x2.5 inches. Plumbing fixtures are of the cheapest plastic variety known to man. Paint on the exterior doors literally peeled off. Escutcheons were not securely affixed to surround walls creating interior wall leaks. Tubs and surrounds are made of extremely thin plastic. Easily punctured.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

We purchased a new 2017 Eagle edition back in February of this year, paid cash for it and had it built to our specifications. The mobile home was delivered and set up in April and we were told that we have 45 days to make a repair list and send to Fleetwood and they would send a "crew" out to correct all the issues. So myself and my wife went over everything and came up with a full page list and emailed it to Fleetwood.

A few days later my wife received a call from a Beatriz Martinez out of the Waco, TX plant and was told that we needed to send them photographs of some of the items listed. One of the issues that they wanted proof of was that we had paid an extra $150 to have all the ceiling fixtures braced for ceiling fans because when I installed the first fan in the master bedroom it fell out of the ceiling so I checked all the other rooms and found out that none of the electrical boxes had been attached to the 2 x 4, their idea of bracing, that they had installed above each cut out for the ceiling fixtures.

Well I had already attached all of the boxes myself so I could install the fans that we had purchased, (we didn't want the cheap excuse for ceiling fans that they offer so we bought our own) because I wasn't going to wait to complete our list and go without the ceiling fans for a couple of months. Well since "I" fixed them myself they would not take my word that they were not braced and basically have refused to refund the $150 that we paid to have ceiling fan braces installed which I assumed when you pay $150 for braces you are going to get actual ceiling fan braces not a piece of scrap 2x4.

That's four rooms, approximately 8' of 2x4 for $150, man lumber has really gone up in Waco. The next issue was that the vent above the range had a flapper missing to the outside so you could look up under the range hood and see daylight coming in and on top of that any dust or any flying insect can come into our home, such as wasp and yellow jackets, which we have a lot of those in Oklahoma and of course they wanted photos of that.

The next issue among many others that there is not enough room in this review to list, was that we had vinyl windows installed and one of them in the dining area would not open and after I had examined it I found that the whole frame was cracked and therefore would not open. Oh yes photos was needed of that too. Just a few more items that I will list is that we had linoleum installed in all bathrooms, living room, dining room and kitchen that came with several dents and depressions in it that was obviously done when their awesome building crew was constructing our cracker box and yes photos were needed of that. Well with that all said after list and photos were sent in my wife received a call from some fella named Eric and he told her a date and time that his "crew" would be out to make all the repairs.

So when that date arrived two individuals who spoke very little English arrived with "THE LIST" which had about seven items to repair, nowhere near the forty some odd items we had on our list, in which they stated, "Oh we know nothing about all that. We are here to fix the caulking issues" and some of the cleaning issues that was on our list and that was all they were suppose to do.

So anyway to make a very long story short, this is now September. I still have not received an answer on my $150 I paid for the ceiling braces, the only way that they can fix the linoleum is to cut the sections out that are damaged and splice in pieces which we told them no way we paid for new linoleum not cobbed up linoleum, and my outside vent to the range hood is still missing which they have come out on four different occasions to replace but don't bring the part, can't figure out why this Eric fella would call and say he's sending a "crew", his two non English speaking individuals, to replace an item that they don't have. Oh yes they did replace the window but it took the "crew" two trips because the first trip they brought the wrong size window.

We have contacted the people at Fleetwood so many times that the Beatriz lady will no longer speak with my wife. She has turned us over to some so called manager that I can't recall his name or I would mention you sir and that last time my wife talked to Beatriz she told my wife, very rudely, that we were being too difficult so she could no longer work with us, that is why we contact this manager fella, man I wish I could remember his name so he could get some notoriety also.

Oh yes after we were turned over to Mr.? he wanted photos again. Go figure. Anyway if you are looking into purchasing a Fleetwood mobile home DON'T unless you really like frustration, sleepless nights, aggravation, etc. Customer service is non-existing, and quality well there is none. Appliances were nice, oh wait a minute we purchased those ourselves because we didn't like what was offered so forget I said that.

I hope someday that there will be a class action lawsuit filed against Fleetwood. I would definitely join in on it, don't really care if I got anything out of it but something needs to be done to a company that basically sells you an item and will not stand behind the item they sell. I would get an attorney myself but can't afford one since I have so many repairs to do on this so called home. Again if you are looking at a Fleetwood to purchase run away as fast as you can.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I am a realtor in Brevard County Florida. I was contacted a year ago by representative named Kevin ** with Fleetwood Partners asking me to sign up as an REO Listing Specialist with them. I was told I was "selected" and that they had a "MONEY BACK" 1 year guarantee. So, if I did not receive a listing from them within 1 year, I could get my initial $400 investment back!! I didn't see any information online about them at the time saying it was a scam so, I did sign up.

It has now been 1 year, I never heard from the company again after signing up with them. I checked in with them in December (6 months), letting them know they were a "scam". I was told that they had a full year and it certainly was not a "scam". Now, no one will return my phone calls or emails. I actually called their "sales" department, if you press 1 for sales someone actually answers the phone. They said the department that issues the credits was "out to lunch". I asked to have them call me within the hour, no one has ever called me back!! And now that they have my phone number they won't answer my phone calls! DO NOT SIGN UP WITH FLEETWOOD... This is a scam!! They will take your $400 and not give you any listings and they will not give you your money back!!! 1-224-534-5010 is their current office number if they happen to call you from this number.

Original review: July 14, 2017

2015 We bought a new Fleetwood home and paid cash {that was a mistake on our part once you give them the money for their junk they don't care} and believe me it is up to HUD standards and if this is HUD standards there is a lot to be worried about. It was the worst thing we have ever done. It is a 2000 sq ft double wide and a piece of garbage, the windows whistle when the wind blows, most of the doors don't shut right, the chamber under the house is bent, the cabinets sag after they have dishes in them for 6 months, the dishwasher is the bottom of the line, the fronts are coming off the shelves in the kitchen cabinet in just 12 months, the A/C is just barely large enough for the size of it, the kitchen counters is buckling and this is all in the first 16 months.

The guys that came to level it were great and they came back and tried again. The house is just plain crooked and there is nothing they can do about it and they showed us what was wrong. We called the Texas housing commission. They sent a guy out. He was a joke either. He didn't know what he was doing or HUD houses are far worst than we got and that is a very sad thing. In closing do yourself a favor and stay away from Fleetwood and don't waste your time reporting bad workmanship. No one cares.

Original review: July 5, 2017

Purchased 2006 Tioga 31 m, has had roof leak issue since day of purchase. We have spent over $7,000.00 in keeping roof sealed and even had an ENTIRE new roof put on, but it still leaked for 10 years... Last rain storm FILL our Cab over with water. It was coming out of everywhere, lights inside, vents, doors. We were horrified to find out that FLEETWOOD left out 90 SCREWS that hold the cab over onto the body. AND THEY TAKE ZERO RESPONSIBILITY, refuse to help me and blame everyone else. SHAME ON YOU FLEETWOOD. It's your name on the RV not Joe Blow manufacture. PLEASE IF YOU VALUE YOUR MONEY, don't buy FLEETWOOD.

Original review: May 11, 2017

My total experience with Fleetwood mobile home has been a nightmare from the beginning from the sales department all the way through. First off the electrical wiring has been fixed twice. My house was built September 10, 2014. Now the water pipes going to my master bath has busted in the middle of spring. Hasn't been a cold day in over a month but my bedroom floor is soaking wet, carpet and everything. And after 15 phone calls there is still no response. And Heather who answers the phone can not get anyone at all to answer the phone.

Original review: April 11, 2017

Crappy House. Bought our Fleetwood home in 1998. Their fix for the cracked sheetrock under the windows don't work. They refused to fix the large crack that was forming in the center of the home because they couldn't match the paint (it wasn't painted). They then refused to come out to fix stuff during the warranty period after they were out once. Now 9 yrs later, our roof failed, and we discovered they did not put stops in the eaves at the walls and there was blow in insulation clear out, filling the eaves. We got a lot of snow this year and when it melted it soaked the insulation that was in the eaves and caused water and mold damage on the exterior walls front and back.

We've now been in a hotel while the contractor has pretty much gutted the home. Here's what we found: no moisture barrier... anywhere, no house wrap... anywhere, the walls are not nailed and glued... it's all stapled and they didn't check the plumbing connections so when the tubs were torn out (outside walls) we discovered that one tub had been leaking so there was dry rot in the floor around the drain. We have been in a motel since early February because they put insulation in a place insulation should never go, and now we have to have new flooring, kitchen cabinets, a new roof, new sheetrock, insulation, moisture barrier, new tubs, new surrounds, new faucets.

Original review: March 6, 2017

The reason I want to send this is that we got us a Fleetwood May 2016 and we have had nothing but trouble with it and it take for every to get someone to come look at it and fix it. We first had problems with the front and rear door then the bedroom doors nothing would close. The little wood was coming off the wall. We ended up having to fix all this. The floor in the bathroom is coming up. The guy came out and told us to super glue it down. I mean really. Now the A/C unit that was with the Home keeps freezing up and can't get anyone to come check this out. The people they told us to call gave me 3 phone numbers. I called on who is Hooks A/C repair and they have not got back with me. This has been weeks. Called O'Quinn and said that they do not service units they did not put in the mobile home.

If anyone out there wants another home then do not go for a Fleetwood. They may stay nice in summer and winter but everything else is crap and you cannot get anyone to come out to fix it. Another is the outside roof should hang over 3 in and this is maybe 1 1/2 in. and we did have one guy tell us that he would send in a form telling them that needed to be fixed and that was back in November so it is not been fixed yet.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

We have been in our 2013 for over 3 yrs now. I have good things to say and not so good and lots of suggestions to people looking to buy a home and the builders at Fleetwood. To start off on a positive comment, we are well pleased with the insulation. Our home heats and cools on less than $150 a month, sometimes as low as $90. The carpet is low grade, but cleans up nicely when shampooed. The home is very pretty, great color scheme.

From the beginning we are very disappointed in the seller, Discount Homes out of Enterprize, Al. Manufactured in Douglas, Ga. The crew who put the home together did a bad job. Took months to get them to come fix anything, our insurance canceled out on us because the underpinning was still not installed. There were lg. areas where they did not put on the siding. Took them over 3 months to come out and do these things.

This is to the builders in Ga. Why don't you put in better kitchen/bath faucets, all had to be replace, they just fell apart. The kitchen cabinets are horrible. Paint/finishing coming off. They are falling off the hinges. Put on better cabinets and faucets, charge an extra thousand, it would be worth it. Now to the people who are planning on buying a manufactured home. Interest rates are much higher on a manufactured home. As soon as it is set up it starts losing value. Site built homes start building equity. Almost impossible to resale the manufactured home, cause no one will finance a used M. home.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

I bought a 28x60 double wide in 2000 and if I'd knew that it was put together the way it is I wouldn't have gave 1000.00 for it but it costed me 40,000. They gave 30 days to report anything wrong with it. Interesting since it started showing signs of problems after the 30 days. The windows and cabinets are trash, the floors were made of cheap pressed like sawdust. We had to rebuild the living room wall to hold anything.

The master bathroom walls are so cheap the toilet paper holder won't stay on the wall, our towel holder either. It has 12's in the dining room and living room we had to build new walls to put decent windows in them and the kitchen as well. This is the cheapest made home I've ever been in. I worked at Oakwood and my cousin also bought an Oakwood home same price. The cabinets and windows are so well made in an Oakwood. Please if you're looking to buy a double wide stay clear of Fleetwood. They are junk and put together with looks like scrap material. The roof only lasted about 11 years. I had to replace it too.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

We bought a home from Fleetwood in 2015 and had LOTS of problems. Still our Heater/AC is a problem after going back and forth with Fleetwood for over a year. They sent two companies and an electrician, yet no one knows the problem. After the warranty ended the locks jammed and would not work on both entry doors, we had to pay for new locks and insulation. Just last week our second toilet flooded after 16 months! A plumber came out and put in a new toilet. I emailed Shiloh at Fleetwood in OR to complain. This stuff should last longer than 12-16 months and Fleetwood should pay, they won't.

When our home arrived the driver ran the forklift forks though the front of our home. The carpet had a hole, the living room window would not close (it was warped) another toilet had to be replaced as the water ran non-stop, the kitchen sink leaked, when the washer empties the hose to the output leaks, three interior doors would not close tight, both entry doors are off and the daylight comes in, Fleetwood sent a guy out here that made it worse, the bathrooms and kitchen sink had no sealant, the shower wall was coming off and nails should have been cut in the cabinets. I cut my hand on two nails. We were told a mini split would cool our whole home, it does not. We sweat in the Summer, the bedrooms are HOT. We are waiting for a repair company still, 17 months later. I would not recommend Fleetwood.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

When ordering my brand new single wide, I specially ordered from the sales person, ALL VINYL flooring, absolutely NO carpet. First, after the wrong home was delivered, driver did not check paperwork. I had to wait another week, while staying at a friend's home. When my home got delivered, it came with carpeting!!! They offered to build me another home, put me up in a motel but no motels would allow my cat, for another two weeks. I was trying to get settled in a new job, new city, I had already arranged for moving helpers to move my stuff out of storage.

It was all very frustrating to say the least, so I settled for them ripping out carpet & laying matching vinyl, which got forgotten to send on next truck. Another few days, I was concerned that the seams would start coming up. The floor guy assured me, "Oh no, not with this new glue we use..." So after two years, I had to put down strips to cover the seams that started to come up. Now, it looks like crap!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I have a 2008 Fleetwood home and at the beginning I had leaks around my kitchen windows. They fixed that with new plywood on outside (great right) wrong I just had the insurance come out to see if my roof was leaking (no). It wasn't but the engineer they sent out found what the problem is my home did not get wrapped with anything that would protect the plywood and none of my windows got protection either so now I know the cause of my interior walls being (soft) and why when it rains water in my kitchen light switch sparks. I am waiting now for my pictures on the wall to fall. I contacted fleetwood and got oh sorry we can't help you. The dealership said they didn't know if the homes are wrapped or not they just sell them. I have had many manufactured homes. One of mine that is 22 years old and has not leaked yet.

I feel if you use the Fleetwood name you made a big mistake. I only spent $42 000 for my mistake. I was planning on trading it in on a $85000 manufacture home and that is not going to happen now. Nobody will want this home. So they lost a sale and I will (never) trust any manufactured home again unless you get it in writing that your home is wrap and window are too. But again think twice and ask questions just because I have all my paperwork that was signed off on saying everything was inspected (means nothing) I can't even look at another home. They have lost me. Hurt deeply. Don't buy unless you pull back siding and ask questions. The company will not help even though they are using the Fleetwood name

Fleetwood Homes expert review by Joseph Truini

Fleetwood Homes has been building custom homes since 1950. It's one of the largest manufactured homebuilders in the United States.

• Homes are factory-built and then transported to the site: This unique process cuts down on waste, allows for top-notch quality control, and permits building in all types of weather. Fleetwood homebuilding factories are located in seven states: California, Georgia, Idaho, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.

• Floor plans available online: Prospective homebuyers can input their zip codes to find a variety of plans for homes available in different regions of the country.

• Sustainable materials: All homes are built using as many sustainable materials as possible, reducing the effect on the environment.

• Similar style homes: Since homes are factory-built, most models are similar in size and architectural style. Fleetwood specializes in easy-living ranch-style homes.

• Brand name suppliers: Homes are built using materials from brand-name suppliers, which ensures a reliable supply of high-quality materials.

• Best for: Fleetwood Homes is best for environmentalists, budget-minded homebuyers and people interested in manufactured housing.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Fleetwood Homes Company Information