2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.35/5

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Fleetwood Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fleetwood Homes?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fleetwood Homes?

Original review: April 13, 2020

Bought my home in 2018. It was actually bought at a Clayton home dealer but it is a Fleetwood. I looked at several homes but this was the very first home I looked at. My utility bill has been lower than I have ever seen. Other than one drawer in my kitchen I have had no issues at all. The other reviews concerned me but praise the lord I haven't had their experiences. I lived in a regular stick built home before this one and have been more than pleased with my purchase. I hope my review can help others.

Original review: March 5, 2020

Purchased a Fleetwood single wide in 2018. First two times the wind blew while raining we had water coming down the wall. Fleetwood sent someone out and he calked everything. Said it was fixed. Third and fourth time it leaked - even though out of warranty they sent someone to caulk and said it was fixed. This time the rain came in multiple side of the home. The wall were running water around windows and doors - furniture and carpet damaged. Now we are concerned about mold. Fleetwood's response - "We fixed it every-time you called. Now it's out of warranty." We too made the mistake of paying cash so they have all their money and here we sit. So many of us with the same complaint.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

I purchased my home in 2016 and I have nothing but problems with it from the get go. The customer service is a real joke. My ceilings were cracked when I received it, the floors are creaking, the center isn't level. The set up crew were very unprofessional. The blocks underneath are not set are not right. I am in the process of having to redo the whole home myself. If you have to tear out a wall you will find that they are built with bits and pieces of kindling. If you are selling something be sure that your customers get what they pay for, Not a piece of JUNK!!!! I really dont have the money to buy anything else after having to do so much repair work on this piece of **!!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I would never recommend. Bought a new 2020 home and 3 months after the roof leaked water into my home and all over the brand new furniture me and my wife bought. The technicians they send out are a joke, very unprofessional leaving cigarette butts all over and tracking dirt into the home. I have had several roofing companies out to look at it including an inspector. They all agree the entire roof was installed incorrectly and needs to be replaced. Fleetwood is of course refusing to do so.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I have lived in at least 2 Fleetwood homes. My grandparents chose Fleetwood in 1992 after our previous mobile home burnt. We didn't have any issues with installation as broken windows from transport were replaced. My grandfather died, leaving my grandmother to do her best in maintaining the home. As she aged, she grew less capable of the upkeep or being able to get anyone else to help her in repairing outside of what was covered by her homeowners insurance.

The home is now 27 years old. The OSB floor are still solid despite a leaky roof that began around 6 years ago and a hot water heater that flooded the master bathroom about 7 years ago. Homeowners took care of the water heater and wall surrounding. My grandmother cancelled her homeowners insurance due to cost of living and limited income or she could have had her roof repaired. Currently, there is the roof issue and deteriorated walls as the Masonite siding has deteriorated through the years, so there is mold. The ceiling has plush, thick insulation as it is visible from the water damage. I cannot say whether my grandmother requested an upgrade in sub-flooring and insulation when she ordered the Fleetwood or if it came standard. Masonite siding was popular at the time even on houses. I believe the place would still be in great condition had my grandmother had the ability to maintain her home.

I rented Fleetwood Westfield single wide for four years and absolutely loved the place. It was also manufactured in the 90's and had vinyl siding exterior. The only issues with that home was in extensive rain my master bedroom closet would collect mold in one area, there was a leaky kitchen window where the wall beneath seemed to have been damaged previously, and the dryer outlet arced - which I had not noticed but my former roommate noticed when he went to remove the dryer. The owner of that particular home maintains her rentals as she does her own home.

Fleetwood as with any home requires maintenance. Proper set up is vital. It is advisable to make sure the home has plywood (OSB) floors, a shingle roof, 16" studs in the exterior and supporting walls, and be present upon delivery and set up. Follow guidelines of floor clearance as set out by Fleetwood Manufacturing. If there is an issue, make the call on the spot. Follow up at walk through. Carpeting, roof, and appliances may have separate manufacturer warranties, such as Shaw, GAF, and Whirlpool so if there are issues with those items, contact Fleetwood within their one year warranty (which may only cover the home outside of other manufacturer warranties) but also contact those manufacturers to ensure it gets handled.

Ask coworkers, friends, and neighbors for dealer recommendations and look for reviews of the dealer you're considering since they're the ones making the delivery. Know what warranties apply to what part of the home upfront. I have been shopping for a new mobile home recently and typically find warranty brochures and a complete guide inside each mobile home I've looked at. Bottom line: Do your homework.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

We purchase a manufactured home last year in 2018 from Fleetwood Homes, and I wish I would have checked the reviews first. The model home we looked at had differences in what we received. Once the salesman got the sale he was done with us. He was rude, nasty and didn't want anything to do with us. When we had gotten our home the very first thing was the refrigerator started to leak. They never hooked it up. The fridge it just leaned against the wall. When we turned the power on water flooded all over the kitchen and poured out the wall outside. The ceiling connecting to the walls are not taped and muddied. They are caulked causing continual cracks throughout the home. Supposedly this is the new way that they do things.

The kitchen cabinets were cracked. White over spray from paint. Someone took no pride in their work. Everything is poorly put together and the materials used are cheap. It seems like every time we turn around there is something wrong with the home. We have had water leaks, air leaks! I could cry because we made such a poor decision and spent a lot of our hard earned money for this home. If we had known this before we purchased it we never would have bought from this company. We are out a lot of money and are very, very dissatisfied.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Bought a home in Feb 2019. Nothing but problems from the time I ordered it till now. The service people they send out to fix things are a waste of time. Told me my stuff was nickel and dime crap. Hello!!!! What gives them the right to say that crap. Received my home in March and now it needs a new roof. WTH? Fleetwood is refusing to pay for it. Their products are junk and I wish I had researched them before I bought one. I will never recommend Junkwood (Fleetwood) to anyone. Their service and everything else about them suck.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

Wish I could give negative stars and seriously wish I would have seen these reviews before our purchase of a Junkwood (Fleetwood)!! It's been one huge let down for sure. Upgrades that we didn't get, so much stuff wrong!! Much of what others have already stated.. Such a cheap piece of junk and it's brand new. We've only lived here a month. We were told by Palm Harbor in Burleson that these were great homes and with the upgrades it would be even better. Such a joke. We haven't even had them out to repair all the things that didn't do plus all the repairs through the only walk through we were allowed to figure out and make note of everything broken or missing...

I'm sorry but there is no way possible to be able to find everything wrong in an hour walk through. Everything just turned into such bs. It's ours though, nothing we can do now, except warn others. Buyer beware. Maybe once upon a time they were decent homes, idk, I just know that ours is not great or even good. It's just livable. Maybe after a few years of us doing repairs and adding the upgrades we've already been charged for but didn't receive, maybe then it will be "good". Again, buyer beware... Don't get scammed into thinking that these are great well built homes.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Cheaply built, falling apart before a year up. All trim isn't solid wood and not stain. It is contact paper. Doorknobs falling apart. Doors front and back needs insulation could feel wind around them. If you mop floors watch out because all the wood close to the floor will start swelling and the contact paper comes off. Would not recommend Fleetwood Homes to buy unless you are a contractor and plan to reduce the inside. Also the outside siding keeps coming down so we just keep the ladder nearby.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I purchased my Fleetwood home in January 2018. Things were falling apart and breaking from day one. 2 cracked ceilings, trim falling off everywhere, broken electrical outlets, creaky floors, and kitchen cabinets falling off. Now 6 months after the one year crappy warranty has ran out my roof is buckling in two places and today I found that water pipes have been leaking between the shower and bedroom wall which saturated the wall that is now sinking in. I’m absolutely livid that all of this has happened after only one year and 6 months. Do not buy a Fleetwood home!!!!

Fleetwood Homes author review by Joseph Truini

Fleetwood Homes has been building custom homes since 1950. It's one of the largest manufactured homebuilders in the United States.

• Homes are factory-built and then transported to the site: This unique process cuts down on waste, allows for top-notch quality control, and permits building in all types of weather. Fleetwood homebuilding factories are located in seven states: California, Georgia, Idaho, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.

• Floor plans available online: Prospective homebuyers can input their zip codes to find a variety of plans for homes available in different regions of the country.

• Sustainable materials: All homes are built using as many sustainable materials as possible, reducing the effect on the environment.

• Similar style homes: Since homes are factory-built, most models are similar in size and architectural style. Fleetwood specializes in easy-living ranch-style homes.

• Brand name suppliers: Homes are built using materials from brand-name suppliers, which ensures a reliable supply of high-quality materials.

by Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Fleetwood Homes Company Information