1.2/5 (210 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Beazer Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Beazer Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beazer Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beazer Homes?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

Thank God we pulled our contract with Beazer 2 weeks before closing in The Highlands of Porter, Texas. During the building process, I saw numerous flaws in the product and craftsmanship. Where is the quality control? The area doesn’t have that many homes under construction or completion. The building manager has plenty of time to make sure there is quality work being done…but NO! We were basically told that this is what you get at the $400k price range. Are you kidding me. We had put down $4k in earnest money and of course forfeited that because our explanation didn’t warrant a refund. Again, are you kidding me? Do yourself a favor and think twice about buying from Beazer…or at least hire a home inspector to save yourself future agony.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

Beware of buying a property here!!!! First and foremost I'd like to state that the sales team here is actually really friendly and professional. But at the end of the day Beazer corporate is responsible for this review. When you hire an HOA company with 1 star across the board you get what you pay for!! We have homeless encampments/ drug activity outside our home. The HOA NEVER answers the phone and does not honor the amenities we were promised. The pool trash cans haven't been emptied in 3 months, The electronic fobs do not work passed 6pm even now. They keep telling us they do.

The jacuzzi is lukewarm or even just cool at best (and the HOA refuses to heat it up stating liability concerns). Keep in mind the jacuzzi is supposedly set at 100 degrees and we've had several 112 degree days and it still is lukewarm. Residents here are demanding at least 103-104 degrees so we can actually enjoy the hot tub. (I own a pool in separate location and a hot tub this size will NOT be affected on hot days.) I have been patient for months and have asked Beazer to contact HOA and nothing has happened. The HOA blames Beazer and Beazer blames the HOA. Terra West manages the HOA and they literally will not answer or call you back. I own a property here so selling units is in my best interest to maintain property values. But at the end of the day all of the residents here are fed up!!! And I speak for dozens of unhappy homeowners!!!

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 27, 2022

I IMPLORE you to do your research and NOT use this builder. I stupidly chose to build in Prairie Ridge Texas and to start, There are plenty of them in Texas and I would HIGHLY suggest you pick ANY on them over Beazer. There were too many issues to put in this box but basically the delays... And they will LIE about them and say its happening to other builders but yet I saw other builders, Like MI homes build homes AFTER mine started and finish MONTHS BEFORE mine! Lies! You will get excuse after excuse. It NEVER ends. They put the sod in OVER trash OVER bottles of beer and soda left on the ground. Couldn't even pick it up! What grass will grow on THAT???

Holes in the walls, they actually had the wall in the Garage BOWED out. Yes in a curve and finished it, painted it and put the trim on! Like WHO does that?!? Now we have the warranty issues from the HORRIBLE workmanship. Peeling drywall in the master bath, scratches all over the cabinets. And you get the SAME excuses from the warranty department. "oh have pity on us were doing the best we can all the builders have issues". It NEVER ends and for what we paid for these homes? Utterly disrespectful there are just too many issues to name here so feel free to reach out to me directly for more! I have every picture, every email, every text of excuses from this builder. I HIGHLY implore you to either buy an existing home, or go with MI homes or Bloomfield. Trust me. I watched this whole horrible process and watched every building in my neighborhood and surrounding neighborhoods. You do NOT want to go with Beazer. You will be sorry.

Original review: June 24, 2022

If you're given ONLY 2 options to build your dream house, One is to hire Beazer to build it, the other is to build it yourself, build the house YOURSELF! So many corners cut, faulty workmanship, and a lack of conscience to correct the blatant errors made when they shabbily built my house.

Original review: May 16, 2022

I am FURIOUS!!!! I have been in my Beazer home in Morgan's Landing in La Porte, TX, since the end of Sept 2019...and my ac is not working due to a bad coil. We have already paid $500 for freon, and now an additional $700 for labor to repair the damaged coil. Air Tran returned my call on May 7 to inform me my warranty was up after 2 years....and wanted me to sign a contract with them to service my ac and I would have to pay labor for any repairs.

We paid over $320,000 for this house and the quality of materials, equipment and workmanship are unacceptable.. If this is how Beazer does business...I will NEVER build or buy another Beazer home again in my life. I will make sure everyone I know, knows the truth about your shady business. We lived in our former home for 16 years and never had these issues... 2 1/2-year-old homes should not be having any issues like this. If you lowball your way to make a buck, then you need to be prepared to fix issues that arise as a result of your poor choices.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

The home seems to have been rushed through the building process. So many tiny details missing. No trim in the kitchen, crooked shutters, gap in the front door, bathtub not even finished (5 months after moving in). Everyone was very nice and kind at first and made it sound like they cared and were going to take care of us, but the warranty/customer service is horrible. 5 months in and issues found before closing still not have been fixed. The layout plan of the home is wonderful and may be the only reason worth having a Beazer home. Everything else sucks.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

We closed last year May 2020 in Orlando. and soon after that we notice that the AC wasn’t working properly. We contacted Beazer to let them know about the problem. They send a technician from The service company that installed the unit and he just did a regular cleaning. The problem with the AC continued and the cooling was getting low until it start blowing warm air. I Contacted Beazer warranty people here in Orlando to tell them how I had this problem going on since we closed and the warranty people refuse to listen and refuse to solve the problem under the pretext that we are 5 months past the one year warranty.

I hired a third party company to come check the AC and they found a leak in evaporator coil due to an improper installation of the line system from day one. I have a report from their own HVAC service company that states that the leak is in the coil (which no one touches it except the manufacture). The unit was slowly leaking out freon throughout the year until it was all gone. Beazer warranty denied both documents and refused to do their duty to fix the unit. It’s really frustrating to deal with the warranty people because their main priority isn’t to fix the problem but rather to run away from their responsibility. The warranty people are so disrespectful and unprofessional. Save yourself the headache and don’t buy from them.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

BEWARE BUYERS: Beazer exudes poor workmanship and poor customer service. I moved in, in July 2021, promises failed and I have a Laundry list of items that have not been addressed. I am constantly told to "wait until my 1 yr walk through and things will be addressed". ONE YEAR ... I have not been able to enjoy my new home due to the lack of response and ownership on 95% of the repairs.

HVAC seems to be a major complaint with many, comparable to one of my many. After the Master Bedroom "cooked" in the AZ summer, I recently found out that my duct work was kinked in the attic and now have to be inconvenienced of having the ceiling cut out for a day's repair. Question: why was this not caught by the Superintendent or Inspection process? I will be demanding my "laundry list" to be addressed ASAP. I am considering filing a formal complaint.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

We built a second home with Beazer in Oceanside CA. They were good with the warranty for the first year, but although we did not use our home much (winters) they refused to reimburse us for over $800 we paid out of pocket to repair a faulty installed AC. The unit was under warranty for 5 years, and less than 3 years of owning the home, they refused to pay for the bad AC. DO NOT BUY A HOME BUILT BY BEAZER. We just built 2 homes and are looking for a third= NONE OF WHICH WERE BUILT BY BEAZER. We are boycotting them. BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. Their customer advocates only advocate for BEAZER.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I WISH I HAD READ THE REVIEWS. We moved into our new home on July 16, 2021. We were so excited and thought it was going to be a great experience. I was so wrong! There are so many things. The house upon move-in (New Home) was dirty and dusty and full of insects. Our beautiful floors were filthy. Moving forward. Two months later we received our first water bill and it was $578. We don’t have a pool. There was a large leak in the sprinkler system and we did not even know. We have turned in so many warranty claims. Our so-called Beazer rep in the Customer Care department has pretty much abandoned us and has not done anything with our claims. (There are other issues. Too many to write here!) All I can say is if you read this and you are considering Beazer homes, GO TO ANOTHER BUILDER!!!! Amira Community Tomball, TX.

Beazer Homes author review by Joseph Truini

George Beazer, the founder of Beazer Homes, began building homes in England during the late-1690s. The company continued to grow over the centuries and in 1986, it moved to the U.S. to begin building custom homes. The company builds in 13 states: Arizona, California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Maryland, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.

• Assist with all stages of the homebuilding process: Beazer helps homebuyers find a suitable building lot and get a mortgage for their custom-built home.

• Energy efficiency: Every home Beazer builds meets or exceeds the most current Energy Star requirements. The result: lower energy bills.

• 12-month limited warranty: Buyers can get additional peace of mind with a 12-month limited warranty that covers some structural repairs after move in.

• Communication throughout the building process: Users can visit the construction site at any time and get regular reports about progress on their home.

• Lots of options for customization: Consumers can select from hundreds of design options, including types of siding, cabinetry, countertops and flooring. And an in-house design consultant can help buyers choose the right fixtures, finishes and fittings.

• Mortgage estimation online: Users can estimate their mortgage on Beazer's website prior to ordering a home so that they can stay within budget.

by Joseph Truini Home Improvement Advisor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Beazer Homes Company Information