Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
1.27/5

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

225 Beazer Homes Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 21, 2019

We chose a peach color for our house, they painted it gray as we asked for another rep and it made her angry. It took Beazer 7 months to fix the shower leak we called in day one. 7 months until we could move into the master bedroom as the carpet was defective the rep initially told us to be careful. I have 3 showers, for the first 7 months normally only was one operative. The handyman company put water soluble sealant in the showers so I had to have that replaced twice as the rep said I did not let it dry for three days. The handyman said 24 hours. Being an aircraft mechanic I work with many different sealants and none take more than 12 hours to cure.

The house was full of defects. 25 holes drilled in the walls above the cabinets, they put a piece of mortar in the 3/4 inch pipe in the slab. It took the plumbers two times and 10 holes in the wall to find the mortar and the piece of tape. We had low cold water flow. The tub made a cracking noise, Beazer had the handyman company put expanding foam sealant under the tub. They did it wrong so when they removed the tub it took much longer, the tub had to be cut out and they damaged the door.

Baseboards had to be replaced, the sliding glass door had wind leaks because they did not put the strip in place. The semi frameless shower the one glass panel was warped so the opening by the door was too wide and it leaked there. The floor was level so it leaked there. The door was at an angle so the tile people had to pitch the floor and replace tile. It took them over two months to do this after they took it apart. For two months I had the glass form the shower in the master bedroom. The glass panel they installed the one was cracked and the other scratched. Tempered glass does not crack.

The drywall was absolutely horrible. They put a damaged piece of drywall on the back porch ceiling and then put a bunch of plaster that sagged and cracked. There is gray and tan paint all over the soffits, the window frames, the window screens. The toilet seats came unlocked, had them replaced twice. The garage entry door and the main entry door were keyed differently so the key went in two different ways. Beazer said nothing could be done, ABS doors said it was a 2 minute job. They tightened the handle on the door so tight it cracked the door.

I asked the builder how much it would cost him to build our Redwood house, he said $99,000. Beazer charged me $404,190 so they made at least $200K on the deal. You would think they would have quality work, no. I had to pester them the whole time to get them to do anything. At the end the coordinator was very helpful and got things done. The warranty reps were totally worthless. I contacted Ryan the manager, I threatened to write a review and he sent me this email: "I apologize for the lack of communication on Beazer’s part and my part. The rep is checking with Advantage Glass, NWP and JB Hunt and will have answers for you shortly. There’s no excuse on the lack of communication from the vendors and Beazer. Moving forward the rep, will contact you regularly until repairs are completed."

This never happened, no change before or after. Don't take my word for it, look at the rest of the reviews on this site. We spent hundred of hours while the substandard work was addressed. Beazer is a horribly dirty company that cares nothing about the buyer. The irrigation company they hired was terrible. I had 4 leaks, 10 sprinklers that were defective, buried too deep, not pointing in the correct direction and it took them 10 trips, three on just the one defective sprinkler. The first day we moved in 4 bad circuit breakers, they would up changing all but 2. One they changed 3 times. I kept all the emails and texts with all the problems so I can verify all that I have written here.

Original review: June 11, 2019

We bought a new house from Beazer a year ago for about 600,000. Less than a year the air condition stopped working. Vacuum cleaning was built with the house which was costing us about 3500 but it doesn’t vacuum good and not really picking any dirt from the carpet or the hardwood. I am considering buying a new vacuum cleaning for my house.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 2, 2019

We bought a brand new home 5 1/2 years ago in Summerville South Carolina in Felder Creek phase 2. Last year the whole siding of our house is all melting and there are huge gaps which can cause damage to our home. We contacted Local Beazer Homes and they said it’s not their fault. Yes it is your fault. You should not have used low E windows So the glare from our neighbor's windows melted the whole side of our house and Beazer will do nothing and it’s happening to homes all over the United States with Beazer homes and their vinyl siding.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Horrible experience with this company! I'm a Realtor in Texas and they have bad craftsmanship, bad communication and once you've given them half a MILLION dollars they're dismissive and unapologetic about their mistakes. Work not finished by closing. Their contractors will lie directly to your face about work yet to be done and deadlines. ANY other builder would do better. BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Original review: May 9, 2019

Will never work with this company again. Cheap!! Rush job sad. Not at all what what you see in model & what you get. Construction is the worst I’ve ever seen. Military & lived in lots of sad places but for the money this is terrible. Would rather be in the housing on base for the money. Please don’t purchase from Beazer. You be very very sorry!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beazer Homes?

Original review: May 3, 2019

Beazer put in cheap windows in all the homes in our neighborhood causing the reflection to melt other siding. The window company stood behind their warranty, however Beazer would not with the siding. After many calls and nearly 6 months they told me that my repair was not warranted. I'll never buy another Beazer home!

Original review: March 27, 2019

Totally having to replace our roof after six years, is unacceptable and being told that it is not under warranty. Several neighbors are having their roofs repaired as well. That's disturbing. We had to go through homeowner's insurance to have it replaced. A roof is major and how can the warranty be so short.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Buyer beware. This company cuts corners at all costs and their customer service to make their problems right is horrible. I do not recommend purchasing a Beazer Home, too much of a headache. Disgusting company.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Very unprofessional. We were purchasing a home under a 30-day contingency, when the 30 day came near our sales representative stated that, "Your 30 days is almost up and you're going to lose your home!" I was shocked by her unprofessionalism. Later we went to design and she stated that we should be careful in our color and design selections because they may have to re-sell our home? So sad and disappointed. We really loved the home. It was our dream house. We spoke to a supervisor and he suggested we should just part ways and refund our deposit. Just poor customer service.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

We put down $40,000.00 in earnest money in a home in Colorado for my mother. When her health to a turn for the worse we consulted with the builder who told us that since they hadn’t even broken ground on a home we wanted to purchase was only in pre-construction phase of building, we would be getting the money back. The house wasn’t to be closed in for another year as building had been pushed out by the builder. Another factor was $20,000.00 was only for upgrades not yet purchased. Once the papers were signed Beazer backed out of their agreement. After a long battle and threatened with an attorney, they would only agree to transfer the money to another property, in a totally different city. This never happened either, as I am told, at closing, Beazer refused to work with Title company. No deal. In the end the money was all lost. There is no honesty in this company. Emails to builder went unanswered. There are so many other honest builders.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Please do not give Beazer any of your business!!! They lie to you to get your hard earn money. I was told several times before I put my money down if my loan doesn't go through I would get my earnest money back. I put down 16,000. I was denied the loan and when requested my earnest money back they did not want to give it to me. I am now in the process of suing and trying to get a class action lawsuit started. It looks like they have been taking people money for years now. They are cons and I don't know how they have been able to continue stay in business doing this to people. We have to do something.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Very misleading. Warranty service tells you they are available but turns out it is M-F between 8 and 5. Then when they flood your home, they do take hours to respond and then do not show up to finish the work. I still sit here with a house their electrician flooded that has not been repaired. Every home in this neighborhood has electrical issues, landscape issues, quality issues and much, much more. The warranty reps tell you one thing and then state something else when called out. I recommend you find a different builder in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Totally misled with price and they lowered all price by $20k right after we signed. The trades they have come for repairs are TERRIBLE. At walkthrough we had MAJOR ISSUES such as ALL the kitchen cabinets obviously scuffed and the island quartz scratched the whole length. Is there no quality control? Their title company for the closing royally messed up screwing us out of about $800. Still waiting for about $200 of it back and this has been 2 1/2 months.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I purchased lot 443 at Sawgrass. This was the worst experience, I have ever had with a builder, being myself a contractor in NYC for the city of Ny. My deal was a cash offer. On my walkthrough prior to closing, I made them aware of all the flaws inside the house. Also my pavers was naturally sinking. I mentioned what was happening to the builder and he said do not drive on it. One week after I came back for the final, nothing was addressed. The builder was on vacation. I had another rep did some of the major items, and they said they have a timeline to repair these items, so I closed. Upon coming to the house I drove on the pavers. It sank 3”. I removed one and I found water, beneath the pavers. The builder turned off the main, not it’s a problem to fix the issue. They lost a second deal. My wife went to Taylor Morrison and purchased another property, stay away.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I’ve been battling for 3 1/2 months on my floors. They’ve already replaced 120 tiles and made a huge mess in the process. I’m still looking at at least 60 more tiles that are beyond bad. They claim they’re allowed up to 1/16” in lippage which is height between tiles. This has and will continue in falls and hurt toes. They are coming back on Monday to finalize what tiles they will replace. I will update as anything good happens. Thanks for reading.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

BEWARE of Beazer Homes at Windermere Isle in Florida, especially their sales agent Tatiana ** and her boss Heather ** (General Sales Manager!). DO NOT trust anything these unscrupulous sales people tell you because they use unethical 'Bait and Switch' sales tactics to attract customers, which is disgrace to their profession. My wife & I recently tried to purchase a “quick move-in” home in Windermere Isle at 8460 Elba Isle Court, and submitted an initial cash offer on 11/02/2018 verbally through our realtor, Mr. Hamid ** of Platinum Realty Int'l.

Next morning at around 11 am, we went to see the home again and met Tatiana. She told us that she had been trying to get hold of our realtor to communicate the good news that her boss (Heather **) would accept our offer if we could confirm by 1:00 pm and sign the contract right away as there was another interested party; in addition the home needed to be closed by the end of December, 2018. We and our realtor fell under pressure, and agreed to the terms and conditions of this cash offer by 1:00 pm, signed the contract via "DocuSign" and paid 10% deposit money via check all within an hour on the same day (11/03/2018).

After signing the contract, we felt confident that we would get this home and initiated our plan to close the new home and move before the holiday in December, and rent out our current home from January 2019. Four days later to our dismay, I received an email from Heather on 11/07/2018 stating, “There was a competing offer for that home on the same day that was higher and that is the offer we accepted”. These so-called sales people of BEAZER homes utilized us as bait to get higher offer from another buyer!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I would give them zero stars if I could. We have been dealing with a major issue related to drainage and soil erosion since closed on the house almost 2 years ago in the Brightwood trails community and Beazer Homes has been delaying the process month after month with false promises of getting it done. It seems their land department does not do their homework properly and rest of the staff has no idea what they are doing.

While the house was being built they went through 4-5 project managers and every new person had no idea what was supposed to be done. They failed the city inspection due to improper drainage in our side yard and somehow fixed just to pass the inspection but a year later during the warranty period it was revealed it was never fixed to standard and they had redig our side yard again (3rd time) to fix it. In addition to that there was no provision of drainage/slowing down rainwater in our backyard due to which we have been constantly loosing our flat area in the backyard and now they have to involve the city of Durham again because their land department never did their homework properly. Please do not trust what they say just to close the deal. They are absolute worst at customer service and have no inclination to care for their buyers.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I have witnessed Beazer Homes applying excessive home site premiums on lots which have an orientation that many Indian buyers need for their spiritual beliefs. Beazer KNOWS they are doing this shows little concern that this practice targets those who practice Vaastu. While the premium may apply to all buyers, the actual value applies to one major protected class. Something needs to be done about this unfair practice. I experienced retaliation from management when I approached this issue. I was told by management "if they want it bad enough, they'll pay for it!" - "they" being the Indian buyers.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Be very careful. They hire the cheapest help which turns out to be the cheapest product or service. Stucco on outside of house is terrible and now they can't explain the streaks all over the outside. Sherman ** assures me it's not the paint. Beazer says its home maintenance seal the cracks... well there are no visible cracks in the areas that is discolored. Now that the community is sold out they really don't care what the houses look like and also my Goodman AC has had $2400 in repairs the last two months. Warranty is parts only but I still have to pay 1200 for labor. I am so frustrated with my 2 yr old home and I also have a broken toilet that needs to be replaced that I never saw when we moved it. It's a hidden problem. Good luck with Beazer. Of course the buying process was easy.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

Everything went smoothly in this new home project. The follow-up has been great. Also, the sales process was seamless. I hope that my follow-up review in 6 months will be as glowing. The financing provided was first rate. As far as deficiencies, there were Zero! Details like rounded corners bead that were included were great. Love the sprinklering throughout. The faucets and door hardware were very good as well. In sum, I really do not have one single complaint.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

My wife and I, built a home with Beazer and we were very happy to be able to do so. Well, then things went the way we didn't EXPECT! Well after a month into our brand new home, we started having problems with the doors opening and closing without it making a LOUD noise, the they claimed to have FIXED the problem, to the point where we had them come out again to readdress the same problem, that we had the first time after 3 times of them coming out to fix this problem, they finally fixed the problem.

We started experiencing DOORS HANDLES, yes you heard me correct DOOR HANDLES, falling off doors, the one to the laundry room, the one to the door going out to the garage and the one in the guest bedroom, they fix that problem. We are now 3 months into living in our BRAND NEW HOME, when we have 3 day blinds to come out and give us measurements for our windows, when the discovered the measurements for the kitchen windows were different, well we find out that the left kitchen window was BOWED, yes you heard me right, BOWED!!! We noticed that ANTS, were coming in along the back wall and found out they had revered, caulked the wall and after looking taking a closer look that wall was BOWED also. We had lights installed, over our kitchen island, all of the wiring was done according to our build out, well although the lights were turned off at the switch it still was live.

You can definitely find a better builder than Beazer Homes, their claims are that they build a quality homes, they throw homes up sadly without ever doing a thorough inspection, and then get and at the client for having grave concerns. I wouldn't recommend Beazer to anyone I know, even my enemies, if I had any. Deb, was very professional and knowledgeable. But the after sale of all the headaches you experience, isn't worth the money you pay for the home. If, I knew all of this before buying with BEAZER, we would've never choose them. It's a costly decision on our part, but you live and you learn. If you do build with them, check everything and then check everything I posted. GOOD LUCK!!!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

They will harass you for perfect scores and call and check on you weekly, until you close. Once you call, you will get nothing done. You will contact customer service and get no resolution to your problem. They will forward message to customer service rep assigned to your site. He will lie, give you wrong information to shut you up and you can leave him alone. I have been waiting on touch up paint for 5 months. 3 separate company employees, stated that the paint should have been left in the home and they would deliver to my door. Not Yet. The electrical wiring is so bad, I'm praying this place does not burn down. I have never lived in a place that small appliances causes circuit breaks. I can't use my washer and kitchen appliance at the same time.

Original review: July 23, 2018

My home was built in 2015 and I moved into it in Oct. That winter I noticed drafts in my home which notified me that most of the windows had gaps where you could see the outside (see pic). Beazer had the window installers come to fix them in the spring of 2016 but it had warmed up and it wasn't until that winter that I noticed there were still gaps. Beazer had the window installers come back in the spring of 2017 to fix them again but this past winter I still noticed gaps (they were a lot smaller and less windows affected but still there).

Beazer had both the window manufacturer and the installer come look at them this spring. In May the manufacturer determined that from their end everything was in spec. I have sent emails to Beazer since then asking what next steps were and today they informed me that they have reviewed the history of my case and determined this issue as "not warranted". They sent me info about arbitration. This is just incredibly wrong. Beware - do not buy a Beazer home.

Original review: July 2, 2018

My experience with Beazer Home Developer has been less than extremely dissatisfied and I hope no one else has to go through this. To start... Beazer does not care about the community they develop & uses unskilled labor and cheap building practices. The major problem I am having is my backyard (land development issue) which backs up to a community retention pond. Beaver developed my lot on a mudslide which has continuously got worse.

Of course throughout the building phase they promised they were going to take care of the problem (email & in person). Then Beazer basically re-routed me to the city, water dept, MUD & others. However, the second they finished developing the community and turned it over to the HOA... guess what? My issue became a HOA issue; however, they did attempt a repair for three connected neighbors but as expected there was no supervision and chances are they forgot or neglected to do behind my house. Today, only a couple years in there is essentially no land remaining behind my fence not even 5 inches to stand on and my fence is falling. How do you anchor a fence with no land to position fence posts? The erosion is out on control and Beavers lack of concern for there poor development is really alarming and consumers beware!!! My only recourse is legal action with expert witnesses, so please share if you’ve had any similar experiences with Beazar?

Original review: May 28, 2018

Closed on my home in November and the house has been nothing but a problem. Shower walls, windows coming undone, tile breaking, HVAC flow issues but we don’t have an access to the attic and Beazer refuses to fix this issue. Beazer sales people lie and do a bait and switch for the prices as well as deposits. The worst company I have ever dealt with in my 30 years of buying and selling homes. Would never recommend them to my worst enemy. Could be great but choose to build low quality, crappy homes that will never stand up to age.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Buying a house with Beazer Homes has turned into a bad nightmare for us. The quality of the base fixtures that are included are so bad that you will find better quality items even in a low end apartment. The carpet which is included is paper thin, the bathroom fixtures are low in height and smaller size, the hardwood floor looks crappy, the garage door opener is not included and so on. So you will end up making a ton of upgrades and increase the sale price so high that the price will end up being higher than any comparable homes in that area. Their new home prices are so much jacked up to start with. I must have lost my mind to book a home with them even after reading all these negative reviews. On top of it they are rude and very customer unfriendly. You can literally be threatened.

Original review: March 8, 2018

After not qualifying for a mortgage, Beazer Homes is refusing to refund our 12k deposits. They are going to resell the townhome and just pocket my hard earned 12k!!! NEVER EVER WALK INTO A BEAZER HOME MODEL CENTER AND TELL EVERYONE!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

We were told more than once, in person, that the $1000 down payment to secure a lot was refundable if we backed out. That is not true. We are now being told we cannot have it back. We backed out after getting negative feelings about the way they were doing business. New costs continually kept coming up that were not spoken about to us when we put the original money down. This company cannot be trusted, and we will never consider a home by this builder again.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

This people are not qualify to be trusted. Very poor customer service. After you sign the contract to close they don't care about you. We have too many problems with our new home is never been solve. Terrible mistake to choose them. I don't recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I purchased a newly-constructed home in Palm Springs from Beazer in 2015. I found the quality of the construction to be sorely lacking, and their responsiveness to the myriad issues I had was even worse. There were multiple other houses being built on my cul de sac after mine was completed, so I had to endure several months of constant construction noise, as well as multiple flat tires from the construction debris their crew regularly dropped in the street. Trash (especially fast food wrappers from their crew's lunches) blew over onto my yard daily. At one point, when they were blowing in foam insulation on the houses upwind of me, so much of foam particulate blew over to my lawn that it literally looked like it had snowed. Beazer didn't think to remove it on their own and, eventually, only reluctantly agreed to pay for my gardener to remove it all.

Worst of all, after a heavy rainstorm at the beginning of 2016, when my house was less than 1 year old, I discovered a major leak due to the faulty way Beazer had constructed the roof. This necessitated ripping out drywall on my floors and ceilings in my living room, dining area, hallways, closets and bathrooms, drying it out for several days, and tenting half the main section of the house for several weeks.

While the repairs were covered under warranty, it took months to finish the job and I was largely unable to use the house during this time (it was a weekend home that I had essentially zero use of during peak season). Beazer refused to provide me with any kind of allowance to rent another place for the time the construction went on, despite the fact that the leak never would have happened but for their shoddy construction and poor quality control. Of course, I also had to disclose this issue when I sold the place a year later, which almost certainly led to a lower-than-expected sale price.

Besides the leaking roof, I also regularly contended with sliding windows that fell out of their tracks, baseboards and moldings popping away from walls, wiring issues on my landscape lighting, cheap/sticking locks, etc. I often just performed or paid for repairs myself to ensure they were done properly, rather than relying on whomever Beazer sent out. The home looked pretty enough, but if you looked closely you could see that the quality of the materials they used was really poor (e.g., no name electrical outlets, switches, light fixtures, etc., flimsy door handles, thin/low-quality drywall, particle board baseboards and moldings, hollow-core doors, etc.). Obviously, I knew some of this when I purchased the home. I just wasn't prepared for how much work it would take correcting their mistakes and trying to maintain a house with such subpar construction.

Admittedly, most people who are happy with their homes won't take the time to come to this site and sing its praises, so there probably a fair number of people who are satisfied with their Beazer homes. But if you read the reviews, you'll see a lot of common themes - based on my experience, these ring very true. I won't ever be buying another Beazer home, and I strongly caution anyone thinking of doing so to avoid the same mistake I made.

Beazer Homes expert review by Joseph Truini

George Beazer, the founder of Beazer Homes, began building homes in England during the late-1690s. The company continued to grow over the centuries and in 1986, it moved to the U.S. to begin building custom homes. The company builds in 13 states: Arizona, California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Maryland, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.

• Assist with all stages of the homebuilding process: Beazer helps homebuyers find a suitable building lot and get a mortgage for their custom-built home.

• Energy efficiency: Every home Beazer builds meets or exceeds the most current Energy Star requirements. The result: lower energy bills.

• 12-month limited warranty: Buyers can get additional peace of mind with a 12-month limited warranty that covers some structural repairs after move in.

• Communication throughout the building process: Users can visit the construction site at any time and get regular reports about progress on their home.

• Lots of options for customization: Consumers can select from hundreds of design options, including types of siding, cabinetry, countertops and flooring. And an in-house design consultant can help buyers choose the right fixtures, finishes and fittings.

• Mortgage estimation online: Users can estimate their mortgage on Beazer's website prior to ordering a home so that they can stay within budget.

• Best for: Beazer Homes is best for people on a budget, people interested in customized homes and highly independent people.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Beazer Homes Company Information