Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

233 Beazer Homes Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I bought the property at ** in the Morningside neighborhood of Atlanta, GA. If you google this property as of today it shows a 3 story above ground, 4 bedroom/3.5 bath property. After purchasing the property I showed up to the design center to pick out finishings. They revealed to me that it is in fact a partially submerged property as that is the permit that the city of Atlanta has granted them. This is not at all what is being advertised nor was this disclosed to my realtor and I.

I am trying to get out of the contract and get my earnest money refunded but they are only willing to entertain this if I sign a document that simply states "Buyer's Remorse" as the reason and then there is still no guarantee my $5,500 will be refunded. The sales VP will not return phone calls or emails from my realtor and their sales person who never even stepped outside the model home to show us the development is flat out being dishonest. I honestly can't believe that they can get away with false advertising on so many real-estate platforms when they well know that the home being advertised is not what you can actually buy and this is not at all disclosed upfront.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I purchase 4 investments properties at their new subdivision Magnolia Farms in Hermitage. They are very nice before you buy and will promise the world for you. The quality is worse than go to Home Depot and build your own house. Feels like bunch of kids was watching YouTube and build a house. The warranty is the worse of all. They promised to fix everything and never keep their word. See my pic and it’s only within 2-3 months!!!! Save your money and go elsewhere...

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

One Star is too generous. We purchased a Beazer built house in 2010 outside the Tampa area. The house was built in 2003. Every time we have had to make a repair or upgrade something we discovered more ways Beazer cut corners. First of all in 2013 we had roof leak issue. We called Beazer about the problem and, of course, they said the 10 year warranty had expired. They finally agreed to fix the issue but on our expense. The windows are a total cheap joke throughout the house. Out of 17 windows...2 open and stay open. The others have broken springs/mechanisms so the window weighs about 50 lbs when you try to open it and you have to hold it up with a brick (using a hardcover book gets crushed). So needless to say we don't open most of the windows for fear one of our cats will get killed if it should fall. We did have several replaced so far and the way they original ones were installed was a joke too.

Now...onto the AC issue. We replaced the 2 AC units (2015/16) we found out that both outside units shared one drain/pipe. Each unit should have separate drains. Another corner cut by Beazer to save money. Some electrical issues...we smelled something burning or smoldering but couldn't find the source for quite some time. When we finally discovered the problem it was a faulty wired electrical outlet. The electrician had much to say about that. When we had to update the master bath due to a leak from a cracked shower pan, the bathroom had to be totally gutted -- tub and shower. The contractor informed up that instead of placing the 2x4's a standard width apart, Beazer decided to place them a further width apart to save on 2x4's.

And now we have a roof issue on a 16 year old roof. What a surprise. We had a house inspector examine the condition of the roof and we were again informed of more short cuts by Beazer. I guess a roof has 4 steps to it....plywood, tar paper, tar or similar adhesive, then the shingles. Well Beazer omitted the 3rd step and placed the shingles directly on the tar paper. The shingles come up rather easily due to that. So to sum up a Beazer home....Don't buy one. They are one of the worst Builders out there!!!! Don't throw your money away on Beazer. I do not recommend that anyone should consider buying a Beazer Home.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

Unfortunately I purchased a premium lot and had my home built by Beazer. I was told by the construction manager that the shared driveway beside my home would be for the two homes behind me for access to their home and exit from their home only. Unfortunately my neighbors use the shared driveway, which is next to my for parking of 6 cars. I would have never purchased that particular lot had I known it could be used for parking of unlimited cars. My neighbors have destroyed the grass on the side of my home, and that many cars parked on the side of my beautiful home looks like we live in the ghetto. Beware of Beazer, they are going to say anything to make you purchase a home. Who in their right mind would pay a $10,000 premium for the lot alone, to then have multi-polar cars parked next to your home and the grass ruined beside it? Nobody, that’s who!

Original review: July 16, 2019

While working for Beazer Homes, I discovered excessively high premiums on home sites which had an East or North East orientation. I am originally from India and I am familiar with the practices of Vaastu Shastra. The importance to have an East or North East facing lot is a requirement for many Indians who religiously follow Vaastu. I was selling to a vast majority of Indian buyers who were seeking these specific home sites. I reviewed other Beazer Homes communities to determine if there were justified premiums on those specific home sites and I saw a pattern of unreasonable premiums on all of those specific ones. I felt this was targeting the Indian community based on their spiritual beliefs which was a direct conflict of interest for me.

After speaking with my general sales manager about my concerns, I was told "if they want it bad enough, they'll pay for it". I was removed from the Howard County community of High Ridge Meadows in which I was selling and placed in a close-out community in another county alongside a sales rep who had long running established leads. I am in pursuit to get justice for the Indian community as it is very relevant to my culture and heritage. I will not turn a blind eye to this unfair practice. At one point, Beazer's attorney, Joe **, reached out to me indicating that Allan understood my concerns after a visit to the Maryland Division and offered to come to an understanding of sorts to put this behind us.

An understanding was not reached which is what brings me to the reason for this message. I am scheduled to speak with the Howard County Civil Rights Commission this week. I will be signing an affidavit clarifying what I witnessed along with the names of buyers that this practice has directly effected along with the names of many individuals who work within the new home and real estate industry. It seems this is an "unspoken" practice.

Unfortunately Beazer Homes chose to turn a blind eye to the reality of what they were doing. I am told they now apply premiums on the majority of their home sites in all of their communities regardless of orientation so that it can appear "fair and reasonable" or better to cover their tracks. Had they taken any accountability for everything that I witnessed, experienced and suffered through, I would have closed the chapter on this with no investigation pursuit. But it appears that there will be a domino effect once the investigation begins.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beazer Homes?

Original review: July 15, 2019

A pretty outside covers poor construction using the cheapest possible materials. A contractor who did one of many repairs for me told me he worked on the original home construction but quit due to the insistence by Beazer on speed over quality. This company puts profit first and customer last. I have had to repair roofing, gutters (much too small to handle the water flow), microwave venting, and floor tiles, replace windows and gas fireplace, and reinforce kitchen shelving after one collapsed due to lack of support. Luckily I wasn't standing under it at the time. The house was built in 2004 and none of this should have had to be done. Don't buy a Beazer home.

Original review: July 2, 2019

My best friend Lisa ** is having her dream home built and is getting the runaround. House update.. So our projected 200 day finish date 6/23 has come and gone. We were given an updated scheduling timeline on 6/17 with flooring being scheduled for 7/18. We were just informed the flooring isn’t currently scheduled now until 7/22. Their timelines are a JOKE!! The lack for communication within the company is still lacking. The “REALITY” is just keep pushing out the final date.

Yes everyone the roof was repaired after several attempts and lots of emails. The bath tub still has a leak but Reality is claiming it on the manufacturer. Claim was made. Unfortunately the paperwork was lost. On a positive note... there have been a few items completed the last two weeks which we are thankful for. (Some electrical, countertops, sinks installed, shower tiles). There are still several items needed to complete this home.
1. Finish plumbing
6. Doors
7. Interior trim
8. More county inspections
9. Shower doors

Would anyone like to throw a dart at a finish date? That seems like all we get. #realityhomes #dreamhomemistakes #lanecounty #oregon #shadybuilders #momlife #realityhomesinc #beware #finishthishouse #builtonyourland #customhomes

Original review: July 1, 2019

During the first year my wife and I have suffered a great deal of mental stress, enough to develop Alopecia Areata, due to the amount of time involved in getting the developer to fix myriad of issues that the developer left behind. Below is an example: Discover that a cabinet cannot be opened due to extreme proximity to another cabinet door to the right. After numerous calls and e-mails over 3 weeks, finally manage to get someone to come over and take a look. During the inspection the cabinet workers damages the cabinet. Cabinet worker takes measurement and leaves. After numerous calls and e-mails over 2-3 weeks, the developer tells me that new personnel has been assigned to my case. The require someone to come over to take measurements. Cabinet person shows up, takes measurements, and tells me I need to wait month for parts to arrive. Cabinet is fixed after 2~3 months since initial request.

I've had customer service changed I believe three or four times in similar manner, which would start the entire process all over again, leaving us with enormous amount of stress and significant time wasted, not to mention the PTO's we've had to take (about 2 weeks). FYI I have all texts, calls and e-mail records that amount to about 1000 communications.

Original review: June 21, 2019

We chose a peach color for our house, they painted it gray as we asked for another rep and it made her angry. It took Beazer 7 months to fix the shower leak we called in day one. 7 months until we could move into the master bedroom as the carpet was defective the rep initially told us to be careful. I have 3 showers, for the first 7 months normally only was one operative. The handyman company put water soluble sealant in the showers so I had to have that replaced twice as the rep said I did not let it dry for three days. The handyman said 24 hours. Being an aircraft mechanic I work with many different sealants and none take more than 12 hours to cure.

The house was full of defects. 25 holes drilled in the walls above the cabinets, they put a piece of mortar in the 3/4 inch pipe in the slab. It took the plumbers two times and 10 holes in the wall to find the mortar and the piece of tape. We had low cold water flow. The tub made a cracking noise, Beazer had the handyman company put expanding foam sealant under the tub. They did it wrong so when they removed the tub it took much longer, the tub had to be cut out and they damaged the door.

Baseboards had to be replaced, the sliding glass door had wind leaks because they did not put the strip in place. The semi frameless shower the one glass panel was warped so the opening by the door was too wide and it leaked there. The floor was level so it leaked there. The door was at an angle so the tile people had to pitch the floor and replace tile. It took them over two months to do this after they took it apart. For two months I had the glass form the shower in the master bedroom. The glass panel they installed the one was cracked and the other scratched. Tempered glass does not crack.

The drywall was absolutely horrible. They put a damaged piece of drywall on the back porch ceiling and then put a bunch of plaster that sagged and cracked. There is gray and tan paint all over the soffits, the window frames, the window screens. The toilet seats came unlocked, had them replaced twice. The garage entry door and the main entry door were keyed differently so the key went in two different ways. Beazer said nothing could be done, ABS doors said it was a 2 minute job. They tightened the handle on the door so tight it cracked the door.

I asked the builder how much it would cost him to build our Redwood house, he said $99,000. Beazer charged me $404,190 so they made at least $200K on the deal. You would think they would have quality work, no. I had to pester them the whole time to get them to do anything. At the end the coordinator was very helpful and got things done. The warranty reps were totally worthless. I contacted Ryan the manager, I threatened to write a review and he sent me this email: "I apologize for the lack of communication on Beazer’s part and my part. The rep is checking with Advantage Glass, NWP and JB Hunt and will have answers for you shortly. There’s no excuse on the lack of communication from the vendors and Beazer. Moving forward the rep, will contact you regularly until repairs are completed."

This never happened, no change before or after. Don't take my word for it, look at the rest of the reviews on this site. We spent hundred of hours while the substandard work was addressed. Beazer is a horribly dirty company that cares nothing about the buyer. The irrigation company they hired was terrible. I had 4 leaks, 10 sprinklers that were defective, buried too deep, not pointing in the correct direction and it took them 10 trips, three on just the one defective sprinkler. The first day we moved in 4 bad circuit breakers, they would up changing all but 2. One they changed 3 times. I kept all the emails and texts with all the problems so I can verify all that I have written here.

Original review: June 11, 2019

We bought a new house from Beazer a year ago for about 600,000. Less than a year the air condition stopped working. Vacuum cleaning was built with the house which was costing us about 3500 but it doesn’t vacuum good and not really picking any dirt from the carpet or the hardwood. I am considering buying a new vacuum cleaning for my house.

Beazer Homes expert review by Joseph Truini

George Beazer, the founder of Beazer Homes, began building homes in England during the late-1690s. The company continued to grow over the centuries and in 1986, it moved to the U.S. to begin building custom homes. The company builds in 13 states: Arizona, California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Maryland, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.

• Assist with all stages of the homebuilding process: Beazer helps homebuyers find a suitable building lot and get a mortgage for their custom-built home.

• Energy efficiency: Every home Beazer builds meets or exceeds the most current Energy Star requirements. The result: lower energy bills.

• 12-month limited warranty: Buyers can get additional peace of mind with a 12-month limited warranty that covers some structural repairs after move in.

• Communication throughout the building process: Users can visit the construction site at any time and get regular reports about progress on their home.

• Lots of options for customization: Consumers can select from hundreds of design options, including types of siding, cabinetry, countertops and flooring. And an in-house design consultant can help buyers choose the right fixtures, finishes and fittings.

• Mortgage estimation online: Users can estimate their mortgage on Beazer's website prior to ordering a home so that they can stay within budget.

• Best for: Beazer Homes is best for people on a budget, people interested in customized homes and highly independent people.

Profile picture of Joseph Truini
Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Beazer Homes Company Information