2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.25/5

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Beazer Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beazer Homes?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beazer Homes?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

Beazer Homes builders very worst quality and also worst customer service representative. Warranty won't cover anything especially Clarksburg, Maryland. Customer service representative don't listen to customer issues. Most of the people complaining about beazer no response..Any issues in homes they won't fix it..Please don't buy Beazer homes. Within five years most of things not working.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

We put $5000 dollars for earnest monies on a home. My husband had gotten furloughed and he informed the bank the same day. They said we were still approved for our VA loan. We waited for husband to go back to work. Unfortunately due to covid they never opened back up. Beazer Homes is refusing to give us our monies back. Not only did we lose our home, and job, now the monies too. Believe me our pride took a huge hit and our kids were let down, so much feelings hurt through all of this. I cried on the phone to Josh ** asking for our monies back and to have some understanding about the situation with covid that isn't our fault. He did not care.

The director of sales guy Edward also sent an email stating that he knew our situation and still refuses to give us our monies. Heartless people. We even found another job but it was temp job and they laid husband off as well because of the pandemic. These people don't care that we are out of a home, and job, and then they make matters worse by not giving us money back that obviously we could really use in our situation.??? I hope everyone refuses to buy ** until they give us our monies back. It's not right! Shame on beazer homes for how they treat veterans and families at a time like this!!

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I would strongly advise against buying, or building a house through Beazer. The workmanship and materials are all subpar. Their warranty service after the sale is even worse. You pay a quarter of a million dollars, or more, for a product which begins to fall apart immediately based on our documented experience. They only guarantee their work for a year, and you have to fight them for that. We are not alone as our neighbors have had the same problems. Run to some other builder!

Original review: March 14, 2020

They misrepresented the financial obligations until it was too late for us to withdraw without losing our deposit. They gave us no options and would not try to help us with any issues or concerns. The person we dealt with was often not available and there was no one else able to help with questions.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

After purchasing a house in Katy Tx October 2019 I had been living the worse nightmare ever, issues with appliances, interior paint, doors, fence boundary issues, low quality from entrance to exit, too many finish issues. Beazer doesn’t really care care about quality or customer satisfaction, the way they work and the people they hired to work building their houses are not qualified, they don’t supervise to give a good product to customers, they just care about taking your money first and then treating you bad and trying to avoid their responsibility. The way they work is terrible. Just go to a house that is in process to finish to see the tremendous mistakes, debris on top of bathtubs, counters, definitely destroying what they supposed give to a customer.

They try to blame you for their mediocrity and make you claim a warranty for something they are responsible, their representatives are lack of customer service quality, they treat customers so bad and attacking their honesty and try to get you confused at all, I advise people to avoid Beazer Homes if you want to have a good a beautiful experience purchasing a home. Terrible quality and poor finishing on their homes, customer service can’t not even call service, is a customer treating service. Please don’t purchase with Beazer Homes, the market is full of good and honest builders that offers great houses and great customer service, I regret for the rest of my life to use Beazer for my house, terrible and worse experience ever.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

My wife and I bought a home in a subdivision built by Beazer Homes in Southern Nevada in September of 2018. The 495 page purchase agreement contained a 2 page addendum stating FEMA may place portions the subdivision into a Special Flood Hazard Area at a later date. At the time of the purchase, the subdivision was located in an area of "Minimal Flood Risk" according to FEMA.

A year and a half later, we find ourselves living in a subdivision threatened by a 100 year flood risk and the possible added expense of of rising yearly flood insurance premiums and lowered property values. The addendum was placed on page 48-49 of the 495 page contract. When someone is required to read and process that much information at one time, I believe it's pretty easy to overlook that sort of information. I think it was Beazer's intention for potential buyers to overlook this and other negatives about this subdivision.

The addendum didn't even state the changes to the FEMA map were definite but a possibility. Further adding injury to insult. Now we are stuck with a home that we may never be able to sell because of the inherent loss of value of being located in a located in and near an Special Flood Hazard Area. So the moral of the story is, if the price of the home seems to good to be true and you see red flags when reading through a Purchase Agreement and the home is being sold by Beazer, save yourself alot of future grief, anguish and loss of money and go buy a home from another home builder.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

I just closed into a home on Bridgeland (Cypress/Texas). They promised a ton of things but did not keep any of those. Building quality is below average. I had to inspect the building work every day to avoid major problems. Stay away from Beazer Homes if you want to buy a beautiful home and protect your money!!!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

This development is the worst ever. Beazer promised a shopping center which the property is zoned for. Instead they are so greedy that they want to put two more buildings and increase traffic, use of our clubhouse which does not accommodate the current residents, and they manipulated the parking spaces so that 3 buildings use 1 parking lot.

In order to comply with zoning there has to be a certain number of parking spaces overall. So, the buildings first built have the most parking spaces and the remaining set of 3 buildings got the remainder. Absolutely every day all of the parking spaces are taken. Guests, family, and friends don't have any space... These residents are parking on the sidewalks, on the sides of the lot. Due to the failure of beazer to implement sufficient parking spaces; this is a major war zone! At every community meeting; the parking problem is the most debated and heated topic. The first buildings have the extra, plenty of parking spaces needed for the last 3 buildings. If we knew of the parking ahead of time; we would not buy here. Further, we saw the master building layout that beazer is not honoring with the promised shopping center.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

This was my first home buying experience and I learned the hard way to never again buy from Beazer. I purchased my home in June of 2005, and still own it almost 15 years later so I have a very good understanding of the workmanship that was done, or lack thereof. While under contract (new construction), the sales ladies lied to us and told us that our community pool was actually one of our adjacent neighborhood pools, which understandably caused tension when those neighbors started complaining that we were using their pool. Our pool was to be built after all our homes were built. I bought during phase one so I had a long way to wait.

The Beazer mortgage broker was awful to deal with. Fortunately, I had a wonderful real estate agent who didn't let Beazer bully me in that department since it was all new to me. The HVAC installer didn't use any PVC cement on the 90 degree elbow where the air conditioner condensation pipe drains out of the house. Over time, the joint became loose and all the condensation began draining inside one of my bedroom walls. I didn't realize it until I moved a piece of furniture and found a huge area of fuzzy mold on the wall. I had to strip the whole wall open and found black mold everywhere. The gas was never turned on, and unfortunately was not caught by the independent inspector I hired. I have gas heat, so it got pretty cold in the house before I could get this fixed.

The flashing around the fireplace was done incorrectly and leaked for years. I didn't know it until I opened up the wall to install a Murphy bookcase and found water stains and corrosion all over. Oh, and I found a hoodie laying right on top of the back of the fireplace behind the drywall, covering the holes next to a sign that says "do not cover these holes, fire hazard." I thank God that my house did not burn down as I have had dozens of fires in that fireplace before I found that sweatshirt!

My driveway cracked significantly, most likely from settling resulting from improper packing of the fill dirt that was brought in. I could literally go on and on, there are so many details missed...holes that were drilled in the wrong places that were sloppily filled (that I missed at the final walk through), stains in the carpet from a worker spilling a can of soda on it, cracks in the concrete subfloor (and I live in a heavy subterranean termite area), poor paint jobs, and on and on. It's pretty shocking, really. I've become very good at doing repairs myself as this buying experience has led me to trust no one and knowing I will do a better job than someone who doesn't give a **, like Beazer.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

STAY AWAY. Beazer Homes claims to offer custom homes. The only thing custom about their homes are the mediocre finishes you can choose for the inside. They’ve already chosen the floor plans and what the exteriors will look like. You don’t have a choice. They also show things in their model unit that they don’t offer to the customer, like not allowing a full shower without tub in a second master suit.

Also, make sure you ask which fireplace you’re going to to get before you spend $2,800 on the stacked stone. They might install a ventless fireplace which allows all of the heat to escape and go straight up the wall and burn out your tv. Because it’s stacked stone, they don’t install a mantle like they do on other fireplace surroundings without stacked stone. The model unit shows a vented fireplace that allows the heat to be vented outside the house to prevent these issues and we were unaware that they offered anything different than shown in the model. God forbid you have to deal with the warranty department because they take zero ownership. I will never buy a beazer home again.

Beazer Homes author review by Joseph Truini

George Beazer, the founder of Beazer Homes, began building homes in England during the late-1690s. The company continued to grow over the centuries and in 1986, it moved to the U.S. to begin building custom homes. The company builds in 13 states: Arizona, California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Maryland, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.

• Assist with all stages of the homebuilding process: Beazer helps homebuyers find a suitable building lot and get a mortgage for their custom-built home.

• Energy efficiency: Every home Beazer builds meets or exceeds the most current Energy Star requirements. The result: lower energy bills.

• 12-month limited warranty: Buyers can get additional peace of mind with a 12-month limited warranty that covers some structural repairs after move in.

• Communication throughout the building process: Users can visit the construction site at any time and get regular reports about progress on their home.

• Lots of options for customization: Consumers can select from hundreds of design options, including types of siding, cabinetry, countertops and flooring. And an in-house design consultant can help buyers choose the right fixtures, finishes and fittings.

• Mortgage estimation online: Users can estimate their mortgage on Beazer's website prior to ordering a home so that they can stay within budget.

by Joseph Truini Home Improvement Contributing Editor

Joseph Truini is a home improvement expert who writes extensively about do-it-yourself home remodeling and repair, woodworking projects and tools and techniques. His work has appeared in several national magazines, including This Old House, Popular Mechanics, Country Living, Woman’s Day, and Today’s Homeowner.

Beazer Homes Company Information