2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.26/5

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Beazer Homes Reviews

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

We purchased our home in Pahrump Nevada in March 2019 and it has been nothing but requests for repairs since day 1. The quality of work is horrible especially beings they're slapping up a home in 1 month. All of my neighbors agree if we had only known we would Not have purchased a Beazer home. Poor quality of upgrades as well as the standards that come with your home. We paid over 12,000. In upgrades and still ended up with low quality items and items to be repaired. Getting a repair done is also a joke, they have 2 residents come and do most of the patch work themselves. Unfortunately if it involves anything major don't count on having it fixed correctly. Just do your research before you buy.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

The houses are pricey but worth it. The whole construction process took about 5.5 months. Beazer was the only builder that provided me the floorplan that I couldn’t find anywhere else. The workers made A LOT of mistakes but we were very involved so they fixed the issues before the next stage of construction. My builder was great and fixed everything that we pointed out. If we hadn’t been so involved, we would have had A LOT of house problems. So, that's my piece of advice.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I was looking to purchase a home on Marietta Drive and the experience was not good. It started out well until they got my earnest money downpayment. A few weeks later I stopped hearing from my salesperson. We started communicating August 5th 2019 to purchase a home and I didn't hear from him after August 19th. I tried calling every week multiple times and never heard back from him. Email, text nothing. After 1.5 months of trying to get in touch with him I gave up.

Originally they tell you that you can make design choices and back out anytime and get your money back. Well they just tell you that to cheat you out of 1k. They tend to buy large amounts of land instead of little by little so they are taking a big risk which is why they cheat you out your money and tell you anything to get you to sign. Me and my wife were very excited about the home. I wish I came to this site first. Seeing so many people get cheated means the company is no good! That's why they can afford to take risk is because they take your money, tell you that you can get it back with no issues, then say "oh well you cancelled it so you can't get your money back." Don't believe their lies! Although the Ryan Homes don't look as good that are right next door, they have a better experience. Buy from the other builders in the area. Same amenities in parkside.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I bought the property at ** in the Morningside neighborhood of Atlanta, GA. If you google this property as of today it shows a 3 story above ground, 4 bedroom/3.5 bath property. After purchasing the property I showed up to the design center to pick out finishings. They revealed to me that it is in fact a partially submerged property as that is the permit that the city of Atlanta has granted them. This is not at all what is being advertised nor was this disclosed to my realtor and I.

I am trying to get out of the contract and get my earnest money refunded but they are only willing to entertain this if I sign a document that simply states "Buyer's Remorse" as the reason and then there is still no guarantee my $5,500 will be refunded. The sales VP will not return phone calls or emails from my realtor and their sales person who never even stepped outside the model home to show us the development is flat out being dishonest. I honestly can't believe that they can get away with false advertising on so many real-estate platforms when they well know that the home being advertised is not what you can actually buy and this is not at all disclosed upfront.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I purchase 4 investments properties at their new subdivision Magnolia Farms in Hermitage. They are very nice before you buy and will promise the world for you. The quality is worse than go to Home Depot and build your own house. Feels like bunch of kids was watching YouTube and build a house. The warranty is the worse of all. They promised to fix everything and never keep their word. See my pic and it’s only within 2-3 months!!!! Save your money and go elsewhere...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beazer Homes?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

One Star is too generous. We purchased a Beazer built house in 2010 outside the Tampa area. The house was built in 2003. Every time we have had to make a repair or upgrade something we discovered more ways Beazer cut corners. First of all in 2013 we had roof leak issue. We called Beazer about the problem and, of course, they said the 10 year warranty had expired. They finally agreed to fix the issue but on our expense. The windows are a total cheap joke throughout the house. Out of 17 windows...2 open and stay open. The others have broken springs/mechanisms so the window weighs about 50 lbs when you try to open it and you have to hold it up with a brick (using a hardcover book gets crushed). So needless to say we don't open most of the windows for fear one of our cats will get killed if it should fall. We did have several replaced so far and the way they original ones were installed was a joke too.

Now...onto the AC issue. We replaced the 2 AC units (2015/16) we found out that both outside units shared one drain/pipe. Each unit should have separate drains. Another corner cut by Beazer to save money. Some electrical issues...we smelled something burning or smoldering but couldn't find the source for quite some time. When we finally discovered the problem it was a faulty wired electrical outlet. The electrician had much to say about that. When we had to update the master bath due to a leak from a cracked shower pan, the bathroom had to be totally gutted -- tub and shower. The contractor informed up that instead of placing the 2x4's a standard width apart, Beazer decided to place them a further width apart to save on 2x4's.

And now we have a roof issue on a 16 year old roof. What a surprise. We had a house inspector examine the condition of the roof and we were again informed of more short cuts by Beazer. I guess a roof has 4 steps to it....plywood, tar paper, tar or similar adhesive, then the shingles. Well Beazer omitted the 3rd step and placed the shingles directly on the tar paper. The shingles come up rather easily due to that. So to sum up a Beazer home....Don't buy one. They are one of the worst Builders out there!!!! Don't throw your money away on Beazer. I do not recommend that anyone should consider buying a Beazer Home.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

Unfortunately I purchased a premium lot and had my home built by Beazer. I was told by the construction manager that the shared driveway beside my home would be for the two homes behind me for access to their home and exit from their home only. Unfortunately my neighbors use the shared driveway, which is next to my for parking of 6 cars. I would have never purchased that particular lot had I known it could be used for parking of unlimited cars. My neighbors have destroyed the grass on the side of my home, and that many cars parked on the side of my beautiful home looks like we live in the ghetto. Beware of Beazer, they are going to say anything to make you purchase a home. Who in their right mind would pay a $10,000 premium for the lot alone, to then have multi-polar cars parked next to your home and the grass ruined beside it? Nobody, that’s who!

Original review: July 16, 2019

While working for Beazer Homes, I discovered excessively high premiums on home sites which had an East or North East orientation. I am originally from India and I am familiar with the practices of Vaastu Shastra. The importance to have an East or North East facing lot is a requirement for many Indians who religiously follow Vaastu. I was selling to a vast majority of Indian buyers who were seeking these specific home sites. I reviewed other Beazer Homes communities to determine if there were justified premiums on those specific home sites and I saw a pattern of unreasonable premiums on all of those specific ones. I felt this was targeting the Indian community based on their spiritual beliefs which was a direct conflict of interest for me.

After speaking with my general sales manager about my concerns, I was told "if they want it bad enough, they'll pay for it". I was removed from the Howard County community of High Ridge Meadows in which I was selling and placed in a close-out community in another county alongside a sales rep who had long running established leads. I am in pursuit to get justice for the Indian community as it is very relevant to my culture and heritage. I will not turn a blind eye to this unfair practice. At one point, Beazer's attorney, Joe **, reached out to me indicating that Allan understood my concerns after a visit to the Maryland Division and offered to come to an understanding of sorts to put this behind us.

An understanding was not reached which is what brings me to the reason for this message. I am scheduled to speak with the Howard County Civil Rights Commission this week. I will be signing an affidavit clarifying what I witnessed along with the names of buyers that this practice has directly effected along with the names of many individuals who work within the new home and real estate industry. It seems this is an "unspoken" practice.

Unfortunately Beazer Homes chose to turn a blind eye to the reality of what they were doing. I am told they now apply premiums on the majority of their home sites in all of their communities regardless of orientation so that it can appear "fair and reasonable" or better to cover their tracks. Had they taken any accountability for everything that I witnessed, experienced and suffered through, I would have closed the chapter on this with no investigation pursuit. But it appears that there will be a domino effect once the investigation begins.

Original review: July 15, 2019

A pretty outside covers poor construction using the cheapest possible materials. A contractor who did one of many repairs for me told me he worked on the original home construction but quit due to the insistence by Beazer on speed over quality. This company puts profit first and customer last. I have had to repair roofing, gutters (much too small to handle the water flow), microwave venting, and floor tiles, replace windows and gas fireplace, and reinforce kitchen shelving after one collapsed due to lack of support. Luckily I wasn't standing under it at the time. The house was built in 2004 and none of this should have had to be done. Don't buy a Beazer home.

Original review: July 2, 2019

My best friend Lisa ** is having her dream home built and is getting the runaround. House update.. So our projected 200 day finish date 6/23 has come and gone. We were given an updated scheduling timeline on 6/17 with flooring being scheduled for 7/18. We were just informed the flooring isn’t currently scheduled now until 7/22. Their timelines are a JOKE!! The lack for communication within the company is still lacking. The “REALITY” is just keep pushing out the final date.

Yes everyone the roof was repaired after several attempts and lots of emails. The bath tub still has a leak but Reality is claiming it on the manufacturer. Claim was made. Unfortunately the paperwork was lost. On a positive note... there have been a few items completed the last two weeks which we are thankful for. (Some electrical, countertops, sinks installed, shower tiles). There are still several items needed to complete this home.
    1. Finish plumbing
    6. Doors
    7. Interior trim
    8. More county inspections
    9. Shower doors

Would anyone like to throw a dart at a finish date? That seems like all we get. #realityhomes #dreamhomemistakes #lanecounty #oregon #shadybuilders #momlife #realityhomesinc #beware #finishthishouse #builtonyourland #customhomes

Beazer Homes Company Information