2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.26/5

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Beazer Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beazer Homes?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beazer Homes?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

This development is the worst ever. Beazer promised a shopping center which the property is zoned for. Instead they are so greedy that they want to put two more buildings and increase traffic, use of our clubhouse which does not accommodate the current residents, and they manipulated the parking spaces so that 3 buildings use 1 parking lot.

In order to comply with zoning there has to be a certain number of parking spaces overall. So, the buildings first built have the most parking spaces and the remaining set of 3 buildings got the remainder. Absolutely every day all of the parking spaces are taken. Guests, family, and friends don't have any space... These residents are parking on the sidewalks, on the sides of the lot. Due to the failure of beazer to implement sufficient parking spaces; this is a major war zone! At every community meeting; the parking problem is the most debated and heated topic. The first buildings have the extra, plenty of parking spaces needed for the last 3 buildings. If we knew of the parking ahead of time; we would not buy here. Further, we saw the master building layout that beazer is not honoring with the promised shopping center.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

This was my first home buying experience and I learned the hard way to never again buy from Beazer. I purchased my home in June of 2005, and still own it almost 15 years later so I have a very good understanding of the workmanship that was done, or lack thereof. While under contract (new construction), the sales ladies lied to us and told us that our community pool was actually one of our adjacent neighborhood pools, which understandably caused tension when those neighbors started complaining that we were using their pool. Our pool was to be built after all our homes were built. I bought during phase one so I had a long way to wait.

The Beazer mortgage broker was awful to deal with. Fortunately, I had a wonderful real estate agent who didn't let Beazer bully me in that department since it was all new to me. The HVAC installer didn't use any PVC cement on the 90 degree elbow where the air conditioner condensation pipe drains out of the house. Over time, the joint became loose and all the condensation began draining inside one of my bedroom walls. I didn't realize it until I moved a piece of furniture and found a huge area of fuzzy mold on the wall. I had to strip the whole wall open and found black mold everywhere. The gas was never turned on, and unfortunately was not caught by the independent inspector I hired. I have gas heat, so it got pretty cold in the house before I could get this fixed.

The flashing around the fireplace was done incorrectly and leaked for years. I didn't know it until I opened up the wall to install a Murphy bookcase and found water stains and corrosion all over. Oh, and I found a hoodie laying right on top of the back of the fireplace behind the drywall, covering the holes next to a sign that says "do not cover these holes, fire hazard." I thank God that my house did not burn down as I have had dozens of fires in that fireplace before I found that sweatshirt!

My driveway cracked significantly, most likely from settling resulting from improper packing of the fill dirt that was brought in. I could literally go on and on, there are so many details missed...holes that were drilled in the wrong places that were sloppily filled (that I missed at the final walk through), stains in the carpet from a worker spilling a can of soda on it, cracks in the concrete subfloor (and I live in a heavy subterranean termite area), poor paint jobs, and on and on. It's pretty shocking, really. I've become very good at doing repairs myself as this buying experience has led me to trust no one and knowing I will do a better job than someone who doesn't give a **, like Beazer.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

STAY AWAY. Beazer Homes claims to offer custom homes. The only thing custom about their homes are the mediocre finishes you can choose for the inside. They’ve already chosen the floor plans and what the exteriors will look like. You don’t have a choice. They also show things in their model unit that they don’t offer to the customer, like not allowing a full shower without tub in a second master suit.

Also, make sure you ask which fireplace you’re going to to get before you spend $2,800 on the stacked stone. They might install a ventless fireplace which allows all of the heat to escape and go straight up the wall and burn out your tv. Because it’s stacked stone, they don’t install a mantle like they do on other fireplace surroundings without stacked stone. The model unit shows a vented fireplace that allows the heat to be vented outside the house to prevent these issues and we were unaware that they offered anything different than shown in the model. God forbid you have to deal with the warranty department because they take zero ownership. I will never buy a beazer home again.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

I purchased in Clarksburg Maryland 7 years ago. Had issues (hvac improperly installed, floor damaged by workers boots). Repaired before I took ownership. Fast forward 7 years. Scheduled maintenance confirmed that my hot water heat was installed with plastic pipes and the pan under the tank is too small so overflow would be a disaster so the tank must be replaced. The spigots spray in odd directions and must be replace (my bad, I never turned them on). I opened the wall in the 1st floor closet to create storage and discovered uneaten food and soda. BEWARE.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I recently tried to buy Beazer Home. I used a outside lending company. (They actually threatened me.) They tried to force me to use their lending company. Beazer would not talk to my lender for almost 3 weeks. When the lender finally got Beazer, the Beazer people finally got the lender and I have the money no one wanted to close because of the holiday because of the Thanksgiving holiday. When I decided this was no longer worth the stress and asked for my deposit back they said, "No, you had 21 days." Well in 21 days there was no decision made yet.

WARNING go somewhere else with your money. Beazer is not the company for you especially if something goes wrong in your life and you asked for your deposit back. When I signed the contract I told the agent I did not have my glasses. I’m 65. He said, "Oh it’s nothing, the only way you wouldn’t get your your money back is financially." Well it was financially because the loan never did come to fruition so we never closed. Oh don’t worry I’m going to expound on the loan company too. Beazer does not give a damn about you especially if you are not the elite people that they want in their homes.

Cynthia

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

Once Beazer got out earnest money, they stopped being helpful and customer service oriented. The upgrades we ordered and paid for were not installed. We did not find out until after we moved in there was no exhaust vent installed for our furnace, so the exhaust was blowing back into our attic. Our electrical outlets were covered with drywall. Our driveway had large cracks on it after only living in our home for two weeks. These are just a few of the many problems we had shortly after moving in and while we were having our home built.

Now, just 24 hours ago, during a heavy rainfall, our smoke detectors were activated, and upon checking the house, I discovered water pouring out of one of my smoke detectors. We contacted Beazer, and as usual they did not want to help, and we were told they were not going to send out a roofing company to inspect and repair the problem. I just want to say that if I could give Beazer a zero star rating I would, and I cannot believe they are still in business.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

We purchased our home in Pahrump Nevada in March 2019 and it has been nothing but requests for repairs since day 1. The quality of work is horrible especially beings they're slapping up a home in 1 month. All of my neighbors agree if we had only known we would Not have purchased a Beazer home. Poor quality of upgrades as well as the standards that come with your home. We paid over 12,000. In upgrades and still ended up with low quality items and items to be repaired. Getting a repair done is also a joke, they have 2 residents come and do most of the patch work themselves. Unfortunately if it involves anything major don't count on having it fixed correctly. Just do your research before you buy.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

The houses are pricey but worth it. The whole construction process took about 5.5 months. Beazer was the only builder that provided me the floorplan that I couldn’t find anywhere else. The workers made A LOT of mistakes but we were very involved so they fixed the issues before the next stage of construction. My builder was great and fixed everything that we pointed out. If we hadn’t been so involved, we would have had A LOT of house problems. So, that's my piece of advice.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I was looking to purchase a home on Marietta Drive and the experience was not good. It started out well until they got my earnest money downpayment. A few weeks later I stopped hearing from my salesperson. We started communicating August 5th 2019 to purchase a home and I didn't hear from him after August 19th. I tried calling every week multiple times and never heard back from him. Email, text nothing. After 1.5 months of trying to get in touch with him I gave up.

Originally they tell you that you can make design choices and back out anytime and get your money back. Well they just tell you that to cheat you out of 1k. They tend to buy large amounts of land instead of little by little so they are taking a big risk which is why they cheat you out your money and tell you anything to get you to sign. Me and my wife were very excited about the home. I wish I came to this site first. Seeing so many people get cheated means the company is no good! That's why they can afford to take risk is because they take your money, tell you that you can get it back with no issues, then say "oh well you cancelled it so you can't get your money back." Don't believe their lies! Although the Ryan Homes don't look as good that are right next door, they have a better experience. Buy from the other builders in the area. Same amenities in parkside.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I bought the property at ** in the Morningside neighborhood of Atlanta, GA. If you google this property as of today it shows a 3 story above ground, 4 bedroom/3.5 bath property. After purchasing the property I showed up to the design center to pick out finishings. They revealed to me that it is in fact a partially submerged property as that is the permit that the city of Atlanta has granted them. This is not at all what is being advertised nor was this disclosed to my realtor and I.

I am trying to get out of the contract and get my earnest money refunded but they are only willing to entertain this if I sign a document that simply states "Buyer's Remorse" as the reason and then there is still no guarantee my $5,500 will be refunded. The sales VP will not return phone calls or emails from my realtor and their sales person who never even stepped outside the model home to show us the development is flat out being dishonest. I honestly can't believe that they can get away with false advertising on so many real-estate platforms when they well know that the home being advertised is not what you can actually buy and this is not at all disclosed upfront.

Beazer Homes Company Information