Biloxi, MS

1.4/5 (98 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Adams Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Adams Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adams Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adams Homes?

Original review: June 8, 2022

Lived in our home for 8 months and we love it. Neighborhood is still being built and it’s nice to see the progress. Had a couple issues that was found, but the warranty covered everything. Scheduling those repairs was all done through email and for the most part was seamless. The only hiccups was due to the third party contractors, who at times was hard to get a hold of. Considering the pandemic it is probably expected, but all issues were completed and it wasn’t anything major. Our sales manager was awesome and the super was fantastic! Still see them from time to time walking by or working on another property and always have pleasant interactions. Couldn’t be happier with living here and looking forward to years of enjoyment.

Adams Homes response

Thanks, George! We appreciate you sharing your positive experience with our Sales and Production team, and your understanding of the market that we're in. We're so happy to welcome you to the Adams Homes family and wish you many wonderful years in your new home!

Original review: May 10, 2022

Adams Homes was great the experience was grand and Ms. Debbie ** was amazing, she was knowledgeable and attentive, making our home buying process wonderful. I would recommend Adams Homes to everyone looking for a home.

Adams Homes response

Thanks for your kind words, LaShawn! We'll be sure to share this with Debbie and the local management team. We're so happy to welcome you to the Adams Homes family and wish you many wonderful years in your new home!

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

We have been thrilled with the home that Adams provided us. On time closing, quality workmanship, frequent updates, and a turn-key approach all contribute to us being totally happy. We didn't even have to provide a welcome mat! The insulation is great in terms of sound penetration and we have outlets and lighting galore. No complaints at all.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

My wife and I had good experience with Adams Homes, this is our second Adams home for us, we had have a couple of issue in our new home, so when we call them, we waited for our turn patiently, they came and fixed the issues, and that is very professional of them, I will recommend them to others.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

My wife and I purchased a new home in the Lakewood Cottages community in Pensacola, FL from Adams Homes and had a great experience. The sales and production team were great with communicating with us, and the office admins ensured everything during construction, at closing, and after was handled with professionalism. The home itself is perfect for what we wanted; new, low maintenance, great area, and affordable. I'd highly recommend Adams Homes for my friends and family looking in the area.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

I purchased my brand new home May 24,2021. By October 2021 I started noticing cracks in foundation of the garage. By December the entire floor is covered in cracks. Now cracks run through the entire house that is tile out onto the patio. The only thing they offered to to was put epoxy on it but not fix the cracks. We have been fighting about the issue for almost a year. They hired a 3rd party who said Adams Homes needs to fix the issue. That was in June 2022. I have not heard from them since.

Dean ** from Adams Homes has been to my home twice once in February when I showed up in person to the office in Venice Florida because after several appointments that he failed to show up to I decided to go confront them in person. He came, said, "No wonder your mad look at all the cracks," then turned around and responded to my BBB complaint that there was no evidence of cracks. These are some real idiots. Then in June Dean along with Jason ** from Maverick warranties and insurance come and look. I received a letter from Jason on June 17, 2022 stating that Adams Homes is responsible for the fix. Yet not a word. The cracks have not stopped. There are more. Adams Homes is one of the worst builders I have seen. They do not care about the people who have spent a fortune on their homes and the problems we are having. I guess next step is finding a lawyer.

Original review: July 24, 2022

!!!!BUYER BEWARE!!!! We purchased a brand new 2330 sq ft home from Adams Homes for $300k on September 30th, 2021. Sometime during the process of the home being built their contractors crushed the drain line of our septic system which eventually led to flooding in our home. The first flood happened on April 26th, 2022 in the middle of the night and Adams Warranty Dept was contacted asap. They sent out a plumber who told us it was a septic issue and they would report back to Adams. We heard nothing further. Our home flooded again in May and again they sent a plumber who said the issue was the septic but we again heard nothing further from Adams.

The last time our home flooded was May 25th and FINALLY Adams sent out the Septic company (Brian Davis Septic) and we watched as they dug up our yard to inspect the septic. That is when we were told the drain line was crushed and needed to be replaced. It was several more weeks before that happened and we only found out it had been done by repeatedly calling Brian Davis Septic. The Superintendent came out to our home and told us that the damage should be fixed and after weeks and weeks of phone calls made by us (my fiancé and I) we still had no answers. Finally Jason in the warranty dept reached out and came out to our home on Friday, July 1st and told us they *might* fix *some* of the damage!!! He told us he would call on Tuesday, July 5th with answers but didn't.

Every time we call we reach Lisa or Michelle and are told Jason is out of the office or in a meeting and will call us back with answers but he never does. It has been THREE MONTHS and nothing has been done to fix our home! We are FED UP! We just want our home fixed so our family of 6 including 4 young children (ages 11 to 1 year old) do not have to live in a house torn apart, missing flooring and baseboards, with water damaged cabinets, doors, trim and furniture. We want answers and we want our home back!!! The home we JUST BOUGHT less than a year ago for $300,000! We want it back the way it was before it was destroyed due to your company's shoddy work and negligence. Since going public I have heard numerous horror stories of the same nature about Adams Homes! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE TREATED THIS WAY!!!

Original review: July 3, 2022

Signed contract in October 2020, was told would take 7-9 months with a max of 12 months to build house. Selected a “preferred” lender (if selected we didn’t have closing costs). 18 months it took of lies, being strong armed by the lender who was unethical. The Lender and Adams Homes lie in the same bed..they didn’t offer any first responder financing, they made it so we didn’t qualify for certain low interest financing or programs we did qualify for when we first signed, they constantly threatened us with failed financing if I didn’t sell my existing home that my husband's name wasn’t on.

Guessing Adams homes pissed off the lender who basically told us that he was sick of Adams Homes and that our home was worth more than we purchased for and that the build was purposely slowed down as a tactic to get us to cancel the contract so it could be sold for more money (we were too far in for Adams to ask for more money like they are doing to people now).

We watched houses being worked on that signed contracts after us and their permits went in after us. (Public records don’t lie.) Paint is a hot mess, went in with a marble and found hollow spots in tile floor, back patio concrete is cracked and was told “there are 2 types of concrete..cracked and ones that haven’t cracked yet”, dead grass with weeds (after 2 months we are still trying to get dead parts to grow), 1 closet door was installed backwards and you can’t open it all the way (swings in not out) gaps between the floor and wall (was told nothing can be done about it), sloppy grout and caulking), carpet is already pulling up where it meets the tile, water spout already had to be replaced due to breaking on first use.

Horrible..horrible..horrible experience. You see all these photos of people with the house pic and welcome gifts…we got none of that..all we got was “here’s your keys” (and they didn’t open all the doors..had to call them to do that too). If we had listened to Adams Homes and their preferred finance company, we would have been homeless for 6 months.

Do not sign with their “Preferred Lenders”, do not buy down your rate..lender sold off our mortgage before the 1st payment was due because I told them no to buying rate down. Wish we went with another builder and found our own finance company. The only good experience we’ve had was with Lance (Superintendent) who took over the gory mess of this build in Royal Highlands. I had a better experience when I built my other home with Maronda! SMH DO BETTER ADAMS! You made what was supposed to be a happy experience into a family’s nightmare!

Original review: April 10, 2022

I signed my contract in September 2020 and to this day they haven't closed on my house yet they keep pushing my closing back and they only call me the day before the walk to cancel. They promised me 9 months.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

Lies and nothing but more Lies. We signed the contract in February of 2021. It is now February of 2022 and still no house. We have been told for months "the closing will happen..." and then all of a sudden, they push it back again and again. They keep blaming covid for all their issues when I see other companies putting houses up with no problems. Talking to them gets you nowhere and if you tell them you are going to get a lawyer, they just say, "go ahead, you will have to pay for our lawyer's fees as well." We were sent the "official" closing date the other day with the dates and times only to be called the next morning and be told "sorry that was the wrong address". Stay as far away from Adams Homes as you can!! I wish I found this site before I bought.

Adams Homes Company Information