Adams Homes

Biloxi, MS

Compare Home Builders & Developers

Research top Home Builders & Developers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I cannot stress it enough that Adams Homes is one of the worst home builders that I have ever ran into. We bought our home brand new and it has been downhill from there. This is our second home that we have bought and we previously owned a home that was 20 years old. This home is 10 times better than our new home. Our plumbing is wrong, our windows are not the correct size so we can put standard sized blinds in, and our fixtures for our cabinets come loose all of the time. Our bathroom towel racks fall all of the time.

When we emailed the women from the warranty company she sent the foreman out and he stated our plumbing issue was not that big of a deal. We have standard doors and just had a guy come out to give us a lookout hole and he charged us. Why did we not have one to begin with? I believe because it is set up this way to make you pay more. This home is poorly constructed. The attic is poorly done. We had to place a pallet up there to put our things to store. I would actually not even give this company one star. That is how much we are disappointed in this purchase. We can't wait to get out of this home!

I closed on our house March 31, 2016 and regret ever doing business with them. I've had multiple issues with our home ever since we closed. I submit warranty requests and they are ignored, when I contact them on the phone they are very rude and unprofessional. The warranty requests I've submitted since I moved into my house have not been addressed, and I've been living in the house for 7 months. I'll email the warranty request and try to contact them via phone and all I can do is leave a message. Phone calls are never returned. I just get the run around from the receptionist.

I built my dream home with Adams Home Builders. It went smooth and was a good experience. That is until I needed some items that were not correct to be fixed. During the first walk thru some items were noted. On the final walk thru some of the same issues were there. The project manager assured me they would be fixed and not to put them on the punch list or the closing would be delayed. As I am from out of state, I could not come back at a later time for the closing so I agreed. 5 months later, the major issue is not resolved and they now tell me they are not going to fix it.

We bought a house from Adams in 2014. Shortly after moving in, we started having problems. Over 72 problems. Everything from leaking pipes, loose wires in light fixtures, bad chandeliers. Three in fact. They tried to tell us that we were causing problems with lights in chandeliers by using energy efficient bulbs. Air conditioning problems, Carpeting coming loose. Cracks in ceilings. One of their people that does electrical work for them said they were using refurbished light fixtures. They would send people out here to fix stuff & as soon as they would leave & claim it was fixed, the problem would start again, like leaking pipes in bathroom. We have water that collects around the water faucets that stands on sinks still that they will not fix.

Their manager at this property, Keith **, accused us of throwing water on the sinks. He came into our house with an attitude, rude, uncaring sarcastic. Most of their workers that came here to fix problems were rude when they came into our house, were rude with the exception of a very few. We have spent a lot of money to try to make the yard look decent since we have been here. They supposedly landscaped & planted grass but for the most part, it was weed. Most of the shrubs they planted died & had to be replaced.

The electrical board in the attic had to be replaced. Air conditioner & heat control had to be replaced. They take their own time to fix problems, as much as 2 months. A light fixture hung loose on our garage for 2 months before they came & fixed it. Brick have already cracked on the house that they were told about in July & they still have not come to fix it. The first year was a nightmare. The CEO, Bryan Adams is rude uncaring. I tried to communicate with him the first year we were here & he could care less. There are already cracks in the garage. The concrete at the entrance of the driveway cracked as soon as we moved here. It has never been fixed.

After my 1 year warranty was up, my house started having problems. One of the main and most annoying issue is the glue separating issues with our floors. In most of the high traffic areas of our house, we can hear crunching and popping noises on our floors. Our plumbing are starting to have issues and our concrete is cracking on our porch and garage. This builder uses third tier construction workers, mainly general labor workers. A proper carpenter, plumber and electrician will never allow a house to go to ** after a year. By the way Mr. Adams, floors are mean to last more than a year. Be ethical.

If you want to pay premium for builder's grade floors, appliances, fixtures, carpets and get ripped off, Adams Homes is the house for you. My parents and grandparents have homes by D.R. Horton's. They use ceramic wood looking tiles, which looks and works a whole lot better than the cheapo Adams' materials. Adams Homes will never see another dollar from me ever again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adams Homes?

We had our home built in 2007 by Adams Homes in the new neighborhood. Nightmare began after couple of months after we moved in noticing not one but various faulty workmanship. Upon several calls to Adams home to request to fix still under warranty, they ignored our request. Every year we have water pipeline burst which is common in our neighborhood.

One summer when pipe burst ceiling started to leak, my husband fixed it himself, ever since that day he has developed respiratory issues by inhaling the insulation dust. We came to know that water pipe (pex pipe) Adams Homes installed was under recall due to health hazard. Both of us suffer from undiagnosed symptoms of low platelet, headache & respiratory issues. We can do nothing but everyday curse Adams Homes on robbing people's blood, sweat and money. Dream home has turned into nightmare house.

More than 30 issues in the first year from day #1. If you have had bad experience with Adams Homes in Alabama, please DO submit a complaint to Alabama Home Builder Licensure Board. Hopefully, with more and more people complaining, we could help other people falling into victim by Adams Homes.

From the area general manager (Mike **) all the way to the top of the company (Bryan Adams), the company demonstrates a complete lack of concern for their customers. I purchased a home from them CASH, which meant that their sales representative (Brant **, who provided inaccurate information about the property) had an EASY job, not having to deal with any lenders. Nonetheless, when it came down to a fence in the back of the yard I was told before closing that the HOA would cover the cost of repairs/replacement since it was only a 3.5 foot fence that ran across six properties behind my home (not just mine).

Nearly two years later, the fence was at the point of needing to be replaced, but when I contacted my HOA they stated that it was "my problem". I contacted Mike ** of Adams Homes here in Jacksonville, and after several calls he completely ignored me (I have the text messages that I sent directly to his number over the course of about SIX WEEKS (**) to prove it). His boss, Elizabeth **, at least returned my phone calls, but did nothing to remedy the situation. When I finally tried to contact the owner, Bryan Adams, for assistance he refused to return any of my calls. This is truly a company that is eager to get your money but then does NOTHING to help when you need it! AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

I am a first time home-owner and Adams Homes makes me regret ever purchasing a home with them. I had problems from the beginning and still on-going. Never thought owning a home would be so many issues within my first two years. I purchased this home May 2014 and after the first ran that summer, I noticed that the water was sitting in the yard. I contacted Adams Homes, they came out and said to me that it was an unusually hard rain and to give it a couple of days to dissolve. Well that didn't happen. I called them back out and this time I was told that the ground was graded according to the Shelby county restrictions and I would have to pay someone to come out and dig a french drain. I was like "are you serious, this should be Adams responsibility." Again, sorry it's not.

Time went on, I had several french drain contractors come out with estimates of $1500.00 to $4500.00 but they all said it appears to them that the builder should correct the issue. I just moved in this house. I don't have money to start correcting issues that should have been done correctly in the first place by the builder. So I asked my friend if he could just maybe dig a trench where we could maybe get the water to run out of the yard. We tried digging as much as we could but the ground is extremely hard due to it being clay and rocks, no soil to absorb moisture. I now have a big hole out in the backyard full of water with nowhere to go. The ground cannot absorb it.

I contacted Adams again, they had one of their guys come out three times and he finally said that on the sides of the house it's supposed to be wet but he could see a problem in the backyard. I don't think the yard is supposed to be wet just because anywhere. Andy said he would get back with me after speaking with Adams. Anyhow after three weeks and hearing nothing back from Adams I sent an email to the office and was told by Jamie that someone came out already. I said "but no one has gotten back with me." She said she would get with Andy when he came in. Andy came back out to the house but said nothing to me. I just saw him through my window go in the backyard. Didn't hear from anyone after that either.

Another week went by and nothing. I sent another email and was told again by Jamie that she would try to find out an answer for me. Then today I get an email saying corporate said they cannot do anything because the home is out of its one-year warranty and regrading would void any warranties. Well I contacted them within my first year of moving in about this issue. My backyard is a breeding ground for mosquitoes and other insects. I had snails crawling on my shed. I wanted to put up my pergola and cannot because we would be sitting in water.

Adams just appears as if they just don't want to correct their mistake. I read the warranty and it clearly states that the yards are graded or sloped in a manner that any water would run off onto the street. This is not the case here. My yard is not sloped level but sloped inward toward the middle of the backyard and there is hills and bumps that the water cannot get over to get to the street to flow out of the yard. I should not or anyone else should not have to wear boots in the summer in the backyard. I don't know if other neighbors on the other streets has this problem but I do know my neighbors on the side have problems with water between our homes. It's as if no one wants to address this issue. I cannot sit outside and enjoy the outdoors. This problem must be resolved.

Make sure you visit the job site every day. I will mention here that Adams Homes built the WRONG floor plan for our house. I was the one that discovered this during the framing phase but we came to a resolution and that was the first warning sign. I just spent 4 hours with a jack hammer busting up concrete. Thanks to Adams Homes. About 6 years ago the house was still under their 1 year warranty and I found a slab of concrete about 10" under when trying to plant a shrub at one end of the front flower bed. After several complaints they finally came out and only removed the concrete where I mentioned I found it (at the one end). Fast forward 6 years. I decide to dig up all shrubs and start new. I then find a "new" slab of concrete that is 13 FEET long and 5 FEET wide. Here's the kick in the butt -- one end clearly shows marks where 6 years prior the concrete was busted away.

Adams Homes workers simply stopped where I told them I encountered concrete rather than remove all. Grand total size of the original concrete slab?? 5FEET wide and over 21 feet long. Who in the world does stuff like that and then tries to literally cover it up? Think twice about your choice. The fireplace they installed was from an out of business manufacturer so now that it is broken I can't get the part I need. One of the major appliances had recall issues at the time of install. After an outbreak of tornadoes in our area back in 2011 in which the roof over the patio was lifted up and the columns blown out we discovered that is not in accordance with local code which requires anchoring -- there was NONE. The roof pitch was simply resting on the aluminum columns. Never again! Choose wisely folks! Choose wisely!

By far worst company I have ever come in contact with! Bought home in April 2015 to be done in Oct 2015. Closing now March 2016 almost a year after contract and was told 6 mos. Answers are always no and do not care about the buyer one bit! Asked for extended driveway prior to breaking ground. Told me no but they do it all the time on their home. Charged me for things they never did. Agreed to not paint a door but did anyways and would not fix their mistakes. Can only speak to the salesperson and no help as never followed up. It would take months to get answers. Their lenders are the worst too - just do whatever they want and do not keep buyer in the loop. Will never buy new construction Adams Home again or recommended them!!!

March 21, 2015, we had a contract written by an Adams Homes Representative in Port Charlotte, Fl. Put down an $8,400.00 deposit and were told if our loan did not go through, we would get our deposit back. Loan was denied, deposit not returned.

First of all we started building this house in March 2013. Was told be ready in 6 months, DIDN'T HAPPEN. Ask if we could do away with the seat in the shower in master bathroom, they first said, "no problem." Then few days later they wanted $500.00 more. Window over front door was way out of line, they had to redo the molding. Replace shower door, didn't cut the counter round sink right, so it had to stay like that. Hung the ceiling light, lopsided. Few months later floor in garage started cracking. Now driveway is cracking. This weekend the air cond. went out. I called office, they said, "call the number on the unit," so we did. $175.00 NO WARRANTY. So I called Adams office they said, "1 year on everything." No wonder they call these people COOKIE CUTTERS.

I would not advise anyone to build with these builders. And if you call Better Business Bureau, NEVER AN ANSWER. So take it from a person that has been through it twice. I learned my lesson. They make all the big bucks and laugh all the way to the bank co. A few more years they will be another crash, and the banks will be stuck with more foreclosures. GOOD.

I don't even want to give Adams Homes one star. But this site won't let me submit my review unless I give them at least one star. My Wife and I had our home built by Adams Homes in 2007. We picked our lot because it was high on a large hill but was still relatively flat and had few utilities in or on the property (So we thought). During the selection process we tried to be thorough and ask a lot of questions. "Will this come with the house? Is that standard?" The door knobs they told us were standard. The walk in shower we were told were standard. The fridge and microwave were upgrades. We didn't want that upgrade but we did plan on putting a microwave in. So would they give a credit on the cost of the microwave and just not install the hood. "No they don't do that". "We can install a microwave but it will be an additional $1000".

I said "Wait you won't charge me the difference of a microwave vs. a hood, but you will charge me $1000 for you to do it?" The most expensive microwave I saw at Best Buy or Lowe's was about $200. I am sure as a builder you can get an even better price. So you're going to charge me $1000 for a $100 microwave and the cost of a guy who doesn't even have to be a certified electrician making at most $15 an hour and will probably only take him an hour to install. So you're going to make $885 off me saying "yeah why don't you take care of that?" Sorry no, that's not happening.

We picked the brick and mortar colors. The color of the front door and shutters. We mentioned the grass. We live in the South now. I'm told Bermuda is the way to go, it's much more drought-tolerant. I am told "Bermuda is standard". We begin to sign the final paper work to begin work, when I notice a line about Radon. They cannot be held responsible for the detection of radon after the home is built because you just don't know where it will be an issue. I stopped everything. I had heard of Radon, I knew it was a problem. So, I said "I want to hold off on this right now. I want to do some research".

I look up radon on the U.S. Geological site. Where I find a map of every county in the U.S. which is color coded for the number of radon cases reported. Two adjacent counties were red, ours was orange and we were really close to one of those red counties. So I said "I won't do it unless we can have a radon mitigation system installed". She says "Fine. That's not a problem but it will cost you an additional $2000". I tell them "Fine it's money well spent if we find out later that we do in fact have radon."

I stopped by everyday to monitor the progress of the house every day. Day One I stop by and they have dug up the lot in preparation for putting all the plumbing in and the foundation. They had managed to turn my level lot in to a six foot high hill on the left side of the property. I called the builder and he met me at the site. We discovered that the guys preparing the lot missed one of the markers for the lot and caused them to move more dirt than they needed. Still the builder told me it would be fixed. It never was and construction continued on this hill that I just knew was going to be a problem. A few days after the foundation was poured. I was walking the site and using my imagination and the floor plan, I attempted to identify what pipes and wires were what. The last hole that I was unable to specifically identify I presumed was for the radon mitigation system which was later confirmed by the builder.

Fast forward to the rough-in. The roof is on and all the ply-board has been put up on the outside. As I am walking around the site with the builder I stop in one of the rooms and say "This is a bedroom, right? There is supposed to be a window right here; right?" The look on the builders face confirmed that I was correct. The next day I see the electrician wiring the home. I advise him that he may want to keep the wires low on that wall because they have to install a window that got overlooked. The electrician takes me around and shows me what he is doing and I notice that one of the closets does not have a light like all the others. He informs me. "it's not on the plans.... this room is an office so it doesn't get a light". I say "I am the home owner. This room was never meant to be an office. Put the light in."

Two weeks later I am walking around with the builder again and he points out to me where the "Linen closet" is going to be in the master bathroom. I say "No! that's where the stand up shower is going to go." I pull out my copy of the plans from our visits with the salespeople. "See, right here on the plans it says walk in shower". "No" he says "It's optional and you didn't select it". Well no one told us it was an option. "Look, it doesn't say optional in the diagram. The fire place that says Opt. (optional). The microwave and fridge they say Opt. (optional) but not here. Not in the shower area". Long story short they had to go and jack hammer the foundation and install the plumbing for the stand up shower. They tried to tell me I had to pay for the upgrade. My lawyer convinced them otherwise.

Some time later the house is very close to being completed. They have put the dry wall up and most of the house has been primered. I look in the master bathroom... in that stand up shower and there are a dozen holes in it. Not small ones either. There were a couple the size of nickle. I point it out to the builder and he says "Oh I know a guy who can fix that right up. You'll never even know they were there." After about a year and a half I can identify at least six of the holes as the putty they used continues to shrink i guess and pull away from the shower material.

Our home was finished in November of 2007. May of 2008 we go to put on our A.C. system. It is dual zone, so two A.C. systems. We would hear one of them trying to turn on. It would cycle up then shut down; and then cycle up and then shut down. It would do this sometimes 20 times in a row before it would come on. We called the builder who then called the A.C. guy. "You probably just need more freon. That's pretty common for new homes. Especially if they are built in the winter because it was never tested." He adds the freon. 20 minutes after he left, the A.C. tries to turn on and begins to cycle as above. I call Adams homes again. This time he calls an electrician. The electrician says "It's not electrical. It has to be the A.C. unit".

At this point I am pissed and I can't sleep at night because I am so damn hot. I call Adams Homes and say "I don't care what anyone says I have a ** problem with my A.C. Unit. I want the A.C. guy and I want the electrician both here and no one leaves until I feel cold air coming out of my vents." Everyone shows up the next day. The builder, the A.C. guy and the electrician. After an hour of everyone banging their heads together they come to me and tell me.

"Your A.C. units were wired wrong in the circuit breaker box. Each unit has has three wires. Two of the wires for the downstairs unit were correct, but the third wire was in breaker for the other A.C. unit. And the other A.C. unit was the same. Since they both have different power requirements and different breaker requirements; the unit that required more power wasn't able to come on because one leg went through a breaker that didn't allow enough power to get to it. So the bottom unit couldn't turn on until the upstairs unit need to come on. Then when both were required, they could then both come on."

So now eight years later. After a number of frustrations getting it built. Finding dozens of locations in the house that were never painted. We discovered that the wiring to the microwave was not up to code. It was standard wiring and not specifically wired for a microwave. BTW a microwave should have it's own circuit breaker. It should have different wire and a different breaker. If your builder does not know that.... RUN. Today I am trying to fix a minor issue with my master bath toilet. We have had a problem with the toilet rocking almost the entire time we have been in the house. Today I find out that it was never properly installed. I unscrewed the hold down screw, but the flange was never attached to anything in the foundation. I literally could have just lifted the whole toilet out of it's location.

I will close this rant, but this isn't even all of it. I went into this deal excited that I would finally at the age of 35 have my own home. I have had problems with the house from day one. I still continue to have and find new problems with the house. The write up on this site about this company says that they have been trying to stream line home building. They probably have but the old adage "you get what you pay for" totally applies here. We went with them because they were the cheapest home to build around. I regret purchasing this house from this company just about every day. My personal financial situation does not allow me to just move. I am stuck in a crappy house that I absolutely hate. Do yourself a favor - run don't walk away from this company. If a friend tells you they are having a home built by Adams; strongly encourage them to do some research on the company and if at all possible get out of it.

And as always if they say they are going to do it... get it in writing. Every last thing. The Bermuda grass, the door knobs, and the stand up shower. When you do your walk through BE PICKY. Don't let them tell you "it's unreasonable". At that point you have not bought the house. If it's not what you want make them fix it. Once you sign the contract that P.O.S. is yours.

We purchased an Adams home 2 yrs ago that was built in 1997. Shortly after moving in I began upgrading the plumbing and electric fixtures, and what should have been an easy swap turned into more work to bring the hookups to code. There were no electric boxes behind fixtures, just a hole that someone punched through with a hammer and the wire pulled through. No way to attach a fixture properly and the potential for a short was high. The plumbing was the same way, a hammer was used to put a hole in the wall for the pipe to come out.

The gas line for the stove missed its opening so after what looks like another few whacks with the hammer, it now takes up space in the cabinet next to the stove. The back door is 6" out of alignment with the interior wall making a transition from tile to carpet impossible without an angled edge. I'm sure I will find more poor quality as this upgrade proceeds. After reading the reviews on this site I see the quality has not improved since 1997 and I hope potential consumers are wary, and get involved with the construction of their home if they choose these builders.

DO NOT BUY A HOUSE FROM ADAMS HOMES!!!! We started the process of buying a house with this company around July 2013. We looked at lots and model houses and we finally decided on a lot. We were excited to have our dream house built and our two saleswomen, whose name I am not afraid to mention, ** and ** got us all excited to have an amazing house! Now comes the bad parts: when we were asked to choose the finishings of the house we asked for it to be the exact same as the model house. We did however ask for a few upgrades such as linoleum floors throughout the house and they refused because they said it would take too much time and it would be too much work for the builders because then they would have to make the floor even and that was just too much for them. What!!??? ** told us those were small details we could do after and she would even help us find someone to help us after.

We never heard from her again. We were supposed to have our new house in February, that did not happen. Adams Homes kept telling my dad that they were experiencing delays so the date was pushed back to June. Come June and we still didn't hear from them. The house was finally given to us in NOVEMBER!!!!! From February to November! Are you serious? Whatever, we were just glad to move into our new house. When we came for the walkthrough we came to the worst nightmare ever! This was NOT THE HOUSE WE ASKED FOR! We asked for the exact same house as the model house, how hard is it to follow that? What we got instead is a house that we never ever agreed to! We kept our mouths shut just because what could we do now the house was built. Within a week of being here we had to replace our sink countertop because it was lifting.

The person who came to fix it said "They did a bad job while putting in the first countertop. They must have been in a rush. We then asked if we can change the countertop to a better material, because this was not the same as the model house and it was cheap, he said "We can't do that." Ugh! Literally the next day we had to call the electrician because our sockets weren't working! He also said "They must have been in a rush because these wires are all messed up." Hmm. Again we had to have another worker come out because our kitchen vent is a piece of crap! When that guy came he said "They built this all wrong, they should have made it straight through the ceiling of the house so the smoke has somewhere to go."

The smoke aims directly to useless cabinets above the vent which are now all oily and messed up. And the noise that the vent makes, let's just say I'd rather have the house be full of smoke. During our time here we had carpet, of course because it was too much to have the builders put in linoleum floors (sarcasm very much intended) that had nails sticking out from the floor! My little brother and my dogs kept stepping on these damn nails! We finally decided to take matters into our own hands and remove the hellish carpet they installed. To our huge huge huge surprise we found a massive crack on the floor going from one end of the house to the other and even leading outside. I understand a house has to settle but this is not settling. This is a broken cement floor! I mean come on it's only been 7 months!

When we called the company they said "if you could fit a penny in the crack then it's ok." Well we could fix a whole quarter into it. What does that mean then Adams Homes?? We wanted someone to come out and check it out but they never called us back. Then one day out of the blue someone came along because "he was in the neighborhood" and checked it out, only to tell us there was nothing the company could do, we had to fix it ourself. That is insane! Our microwave then broke too! Our bathroom doors have this huge gap between the door and the floor, let's just say be cautious when using the bathroom here. We can hear it all because of those gaps! The guys, who was in the neighborhood on 6/18, said he would find new doors for us and replace them. We haven't heard back. Our 'decorative shutters' paint is completely gone. It comes off just like tape!

So let's resummarize: We got a completely different house than the one that we asked for, we got a messed up broken house and cheap finishings. We got garbage grass on our lawn that consisted more of patches of dirt than grass, we have no privacy in the bathrooms because of those gaps, and the problems are still ongoing. I hope that whoever is considering Adams Homes really really reconsiders it because it's horrible! Save yourself the trouble and stress.This company should pay for all their 'mistakes' and carelessness. If there are any lawyers or other victims out there that would like to team up against Adams Homes let us know! ADAMS HOMES IS THE WORST!!!

We went to Adams Homes in Griffin GA. We fell in love with the homes and were very impressed. We made an offer and the price was accepted but we were rejected on the concessions we asked for, blinds and a washer and dryer. We were told that they wouldn't give us anything because they were raising the price of the houses. Then we were told we would close May 29. Then it got pushed back to June 12 and then the 17th. No one told us about it and they just acted like it was OK even though we are in a hotel with our 7 month old daughter. Then after 3 weeks the prices in our neighborhood never went up. While asking the senior sales associate why our house was being delayed and we were lied to about the house prices going up they just stopped calling us back. They stated to ignore us and wouldn't take our calls.

Finally they told us our house was closing over a month late and that they were not going to give us any concessions again. Although during this whole time they told us they would because of how bad we were being treated. Adams Homes did nothing but lie to us, make our home buying experience the worst ever, and made me hate the home we are buying now. if I could walk away with my earnest money back I would tell Adams Homes how terrible they were and I would recommend to everyone that they run for the hills before they buy from Adams Homes. Buying a home is supposed to be fun and exciting and I hate it and the fact about our whole situation is that Adams Homes lied to us and kept pushing our closing dates like it didn't matter. They never communicated anything and made us feel like we didn't even exist to them. If you want a trustworthy experience and a good home look somewhere else!

Please do not buy an Adams home. I was military...Didn't have much of a choice when I moved here with orders. These are the cheapest homes I've ever seen. They still use a popcorn ceiling. The agent looked at me like I was crazy when I said, "You still using a popcorn ceiling?" They're way overpriced, and the cheapest made I've ever seen. Complete rip-off. I'll be glad to get rid of mine. Adams Homes should be ashamed of themselves. I wish them out of business.

Buyers Beware!!!! If you are buying an Adams Homes in Plymouth Hollow Subdivision in Sorrento, FL make SURE you have your water tested and your well and pump checked by a professional. Adams Homes seems to take shortcuts when it comes to people’s health and their dream homes! Your pump on your well will run 24/7 because they don't want to spend the money to put a bigger tank on it. Nor do they want to put a sock on your well when digging it causing sand to come into your home and destroy your appliances! Especially address ** Plymouth Hollow Circle. Well issues there!! Too close to neighbors septic! However, they are asking $275K for that house and won't fix the well issue. They got a variance on it instead! PLEASE have your house checked out before you buy!!!

We owned an Adams homes for five years and sold our home to down size. We liked Adams homes and wanted to buy another one. We were putting 30% down and have perfect credit and were using USAA for financing. USAA is one of the top lenders in the US and has legendary customer service and they must have made Adams angry in someway or another, as they took him off the lenders list.

I can only assume they were looking out for the buyers in one way or the another. We told them not having USAA as a lender would be a dealbreaker. They went all the way up to the general manager and came back to tell us to go elsewhere. They must have so much business that they can do that. I'm not sure what's up with Adams now days. It is a shame, as we liked the Adams homes.

After the purchase of a spec/inventory home, we were promised that new shrubs and flowers would be planted after closing, this was not done. Called the office to speak with the sales people and were told, "we do not do that, it's your responsibility now. Make sure you get it in writing." But then again, that doesn't matter to them either. 3 months after moving in, the AC compressor went out, they repaired it reluctantly, and tried to say the filters were not changed, but if they were not, then they did not put fresh ones in when we moved in.

Now 6 months later, the Heat has stopped working and they are using the same story that the filters are not being changed and in fact, they have not been in changed in 3 months, but that is not a reason for a brand new compressor to stop working. They are refusing to keep up the deal they had in place, to warranty ALL issues for the year. Really?? Matt is the Division VP and there are only 3 people in the office including him. You cannot get a phone number to call them and when reaching out to them, you are transferred or giving several different reasons why no one has returned your call. Being it is 20 degrees outside, and no heat except emergency heat, is not a way to treat a client.

The Realtor and myself will never use this builder again. I plan on putting this same message on every website that has Adams homes attached to it. You cannot get anyone to give you a date on construction, they treat you like you do not belong in the same room with them, just attitude everywhere. Well they are correct, I do not and WILL not be in the room with them any longer.

We have not had the service that we were promised. All request are put off. If you complain you are put off over and over. Our yard was totally embarrassing from the gaps in sod, we got 40 percent of what was promised. Now I have electrical problems and can't seem to get them out to fix problem. If you buy from Adams Homes don't expect any after service, only put offs. Get everything in writing, don't believe sales person. They did a great job building house, but very sorry on service afterwards. Thank God it is all brick. Hard to believe they don't have better service. Landscaping bad, water stands in yard when rain comes, washes down and leaves ruts.

Adams Homes built our home in 2009, promises were made on all home repairs. Now, almost 6 years later, our subdivision is dealing with unpaid taxes, flooding yards, and a pond with no certification for the environment. All are Adams' responsibility, our attorney is working to take care of these items however, I would recommend going with another builder. The outside looks pretty and the sales people are smooth, however the company is not willing to keep their word on the promises made. Steer away from Adams!!!

We moved in our home June 2004, we had some storms come through and after about 3 years, we noticed the ceiling in our garage had mold on it, so we went into the attack to investigate the problem. Water had been running into the attack where the garage connects to the house. I called Adams Homes and they came out, they did have roofers come out to fix the problem, so they say. In time, we have the same problem again and my attack is so molded it is disgusting with black mold ! I called Adams Homes, they said it's not their problem, you need to call Bonded Builders, so I did. Well they will not help with this ongoing situation. Before we had closed on our home, we did our walk through and in the back bedroom the outside faucet was inside the bedroom, so we had to wait for them to come out and move it to the outside of the house.

In 2011, we went in the back bedroom to get it ready for some guest when we found we had a water leak in the wall. The piece of pipe the plumber used to extend the faucet to the outside of the house had rusted and cracked, pipe is not going to rust like that in 7 years so that tells me the Plumber used a piece of old pipe he had on his truck. Nobody would help to fix this problem, they all said it was not their problem. I am tired of fighting with Adams Homes!

Builder does not follow their own blueprints (excuse subcontractors mistakes, electrical plan not followed). Time Warner given exclusive to subdivision not disclosed - agent of record will tell you Century Link also available - not true. Adams would rather cover up mistakes rather than fix them (short cut gables - missing bricks - out of square openings. Does not follow up on warranty issues - HVAC - electrical, Had HVAC issue. I was told by bringing in another company I voided my manufacturer warranty (Goodman) not true, any Goodman dealer - distributor can perform warranty work. Adams wants ARS to have exclusive. Items promised but not delivered touch up paint - bathroom wall repair, in general no follow up or follow through on anything. Adams sods front and sides of property's regardless of season knowing full well sod will die if placed after November. Buyer's problem. All same windows have different dimensions when measuring for blinds? Out of square rough openings (bad framing). In general this company will not do what is right for customers after they receive payment.

Adams Homes offered us a choice of vacant lots that they owned. After voluntarily switching, we were approved to move to smaller but better located lot. We were then told to move back to the original lot because they just realized that the lot that they offered and we signed a contract on was too expensive. The GM admitted to the mistake and quickly helped us find a lot that similarly met our needs.

Once construction was underway there was a delay due to the staircase having to be torn down because it wasn't to code. Another delay was caused because after the drywall was up, we found that a wall of a bedroom was misplaced by 23 (making the room the size of a large closet). I immediately brought this to the sales agent's attention. They corrected the mistakes. The estimated closing date had moved from mid-November TO mid-December TO before Christmas TO mid-January 2014.

As we neared the January closing date, we were informed that the appraisal came in almost $18,000 less than the contracted sales price. They immediately advised us switch to a different lender and attempt to obtain a different type of loan.

Later we discovered that this was most likely done because the appraisal done for the original loan type would be attached to the property for 6 months. When opted not to apply for the other loan type (because of the large increase in the amount we would need for a down payment), Adams Homes attempted to have the appraisal expunged or deemed deficient. I was told, from talking directly with the government entity that handles these loan types, that there were no grounds for the dismissal of the appraisal and that the attempts to do so were futile. After 12 days of limited response, we were finally told that there were three options:

1) Adams Homes could adjust the sales price to meet the appraisal value (they were unwilling to do so).
2) We could split the difference and bring an additional $9,000 to closing (we were unable to do that).

3) We could sign a release and be release from the sales agreement.

When Adams Homes saw that we were not able or willing to have negative equity in the home from the onset, they offered to lower the sales price $10,000, still leaving more than $7,000 that we did not have and were unable to come up with at that time. We were eventually sent the release documentation which we promptly signed and returned, ending the 9-month ordeal. We were told that we would have our deposit returned within 21 days. We were very dissatisfied with the seemingly preventable delays and the manner in which resolutions to the problems were achieved. We believe there should have been more due diligence on the front end of this process that could have forecast the fact that this structure at this location would most likely not appraise for the asking price. That could/would have prevented an entire family of 6 from becoming emotionally invested in this process only for it to be terminated over what is arguably a minute decrease in profit for a large company.

I bought a 2006 Cavilier Camper from Mr.Adam himself in March of 2011. I took a loan out with Tower Loan to pay for it. I am actually paying $6110 for a $3100 camper.

At first, we couldn't get the hot water to work. We went back to Adam’s; asked them if they knew why, and they didn't. We then had to call an outside source to come fix something that the Adam Home Center workers should have done. They had blocked off the lines.

Four months later, our camper is no good due to the lack of care, or simply just not checking all the equipment before putting it on market. The floors and walls in the far end have rotted and are covered in black mold.

It is obvious they knew about it because the rug in front of the toilet had been cut out; a 3/4 inch plywood has been put down (by someone other than us), and the rest of the area was mush.

lost on our newly-built home Aug 15, 2008. Our family was is great health. Slowly our respiratory illnesses started to occur and got severely worse up until Dec 11, 2009 when we fled out home due to an allergic reaction I experienced that inhibited my breathing. We are now involved in a huge battle between the homeowner's insurance, the lawyers, and the mortgage company that we recently stopped paying because affording 2 different households for the past 6 months has now drained our savings account. The insurance company is blaming the builder for structural damage that led up to the mold growth, so we get nothing for even inconvenience expenses.

Myself and my son have had to have major sinus surgeries due to chronic sinusitis and allergic rhinitis. My 19 month old daughter just got out of the hospital last week for a bout with pneumonia, and now has a spot on her lung that doctors are currently monitoring and will possibly have to undergo an bronchoscopy for a biopsy. We are now in debt because we could not take any of our belongings due to the risk of cross-contamination. This has truly ruined out lives and our health up to this point, and I don't know what it takes for these careless builders to understand that this is serious. Unfortunately, I believe that the drive for money has rendered them professionally "useless" for building a quality home with a builder that you can trust. I am sickened that they are getting away with damaging people's lives like this. We were first time homeowners and this experience has been worse than anything I have ever experienced in my life.

Now the only thing we have is a lawyer that says we may not see the first court date for 2 years, piles of medical bills (exceeding $100,000.00, $200.00+ a month in medicine, an empty savings account, an apartment life with our children that used to have a backyard to play on their very own swing set. God only knows how much in attorney's fees, and doors slamming shut in our faces as if were were at fault for simply wanting to be homeowners and have a nice home to raise our family in. Isn't that the American dream? Well, ours turned into a nightmare, literally overnight. No one should ever have to go through these horrible things. No longer able to afford our mortgage payment. Credit damaged. Chronic health problems. Nothing has been done on builder's part to even evaluate the damage. We no longer have a solid amount of money in our savings account. Homeowner's insurance company dropping us. Ongoing attorney's fees, mental and emotional distress.

I don't know if you can help me, but my mother is literally being harassed by Adams Homes. My mother is 68 years old and suffers from high blood pressure and diabetes. This unneccesary stress being caused by Adams Homes has caused her blood pressure to rise to the point that we had to take her to her doctor and she had to raise her blood pressure medications to the maximum limit.

My sister and I have contacted Adams Homes and have been treated very rudely, by both employees and the General Manager. The basics of my complaint are that my mother signed a contract and gave a $1,000.00 deposit to purchase a new Adams Home, but because my mother was unable to sell her house, she was released from the contract via a certified letter from Adams Homes on 11/20/07, which states:

"In searching through our files, we realized that you have been release from your contract and we need to send you the earnest deposit back to you. May this letter serve as cancellation of our Contract of Sale and Purchase for the above referenced property."

On 12/31/07, my mother received another certified letter from Adams Homes saying that she was being given a "OFFICIAL 72 HOUR NOTICE TO CLOSE". Upon receipt of this my mother became very upset, so I called Adams Homes to let them know that this was a mistake, and I was treated rudely. I then sent certified letters, (see copy below), to Mr. Duane Godwin, General Manager, and Mr. Wayne Adams, Owner, explaining the situation. I have since had no response, so my sister called Mr. Godwin yesterday and was treated very rudely.

Ms Soller and I entered into a sales agreement contract on or about 8/24/03. Ms. Soller was informed that I currently have an Adams Home and I would purchase another home in the same subdivision. (Villages Of Westland) Myself, and the Realtor for Jaguar Realty that the home would be listed on the MLS and for sale signs would be distributed around the community also told Ms Soller.

Sadly to say Ms. Soller has been interfering with the sale of my home by offering Elizabeth Austin who was a potential buyer and associate that if she bought a home thru Adams Homes that she would reduce $5000.00 off the price of the lot she was buying. Ms. Austin was immediately deterred in purchasing my home located at the address above, and signed a contract with Ms. Soller. About three weeks ago the Realtor advised me that a woman was interested in my home and would be coming to view the home. A week went by and I found out that the Adams home Sales agent Jeannie Soller offered a spec home to her that would be ready sometime in March.

At this time Mrs. Christie Robinson had advised Ms. Soller that she was interested in purchasing my home and was only coming by to compare pricing. Ms. Soller told Christie that her house was $2000 less then mine and that she would not want to buy those peoples house. She also told her that the association was going to put a community pool next door to my house and they were going to be loud people hanging out. This is an outrage since I am purchasing another home thru Adams and would think she would want me to sell my home so that we can purchase the new one. It would be greatly appreciated if someone would investigate this matter.

Adams Homes Company Profile