1.33/5
Based on 43 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Find a recommended home builder & developer now

Biloxi, MS

Last updated: April 3, 2018

47 Adams Homes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 3, 2018

I signed a contract with Adams Homes two months ago to build a new home. They have since come back and said the city will not allow them to build my model on the lot I chose. Now, they want me to pay $3,000 more to build a smaller model on the same lot. They claim the prices have gone up. Why should I pay for their mistake? They are the classic bait and switch scam company!

Original review: March 21, 2018

I was living in Port St. Lucie Florida at the time. I put a down payment of $2000 on a home for Adams Home to start building. It was in a prime area, at least that is what they told me and the lots were going quickly. So I handed over my down payment. Right after they started clearing the lot, the company I was with lost their contract with the state which required me to move. When I went to Adam Homes and told me of the situation. They made it sound as if was going to be difficult to sell the lot to another customer and since they started clearing the lot it was at an expense to them. So they were not going to reimburse the $2000 investment. I was not happy and took it to the regional manager who confirmed they were out of pocket for the clearing of the lot. So he agreed they were not going to return the money.

Today I drove by the lot and house and guess what? There is an Adams home on the property and I asked the owner when he purchased the home and it was sold to him during construction and it was the home I had ordered. Ummmm, money were they out and could not get back. They actually sold the house at a few thousand more than my quoted price. So why did they really not return my $2000. GREED... So I would recommend you not buy an Adams home and stay as far away as you can from them. Especially if you are a veteran. That $2000 has a higher value me than to a large company like Adams.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

Three years old Brand new house from Adams Homes was put together with Superglue, 10 reasons why you shouldn't buy Adams home: 1. Foundation had severe cracks ----> As a result of the cheapest concrete mix does not meet specifications. 2. Defective asphalt roof shingles that didn't stand 30 miles per hour winds. 3. Plumbing is the worst part. They have to open the wall several times. 4. Shower door is the cheapest where start leaking outside. 5. Windows glass cracked from outside from heat and extraction. 6. Poor insulation very very ineffective in sound reduction and exchanging Heat. 7. Kitchen and bathroom cabinets were put together with Superglue. In a few months from that moisture start deforming and peeling off. 8. Doorknobs rusted out and discolored. 9. Front and backyard filled with beach sand where no vegetation and coding grass don't grow. 10. Defective toilets where keeps clogging up all over the house.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Poor ethics - If I could rate it a negative star, I would. I have waited so patiently on work to be completed in my home. Some work has been repaired. But other work, I have been waiting since May 2017 to be completed. We are now in the middle of July and I am still waiting. I have lost all hope with Adams Properties. It seems taking care of their homeowners is not number one on their list of things to do. I wouldn't recommend anyone purchasing a home with them because they don't follow through very well and they certainly don't take care of their homeowner's requests even though you follow the proper steps to request repairs (at least that has been my experience).

Original review: June 30, 2017

My experience with Adams Homes has been HORRIFIC! Judy ** fails to respond to my emails; they've lied about when the house would be completed, no one has worked on the house for 3 weeks. As of today there is still no power. I'm trying to locate the email address for the President of this company. Please proceed with caution when considering a home with this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adams Homes?

Original review: June 2, 2017

Purchased our home on January 31, 2016. Filed a complaint 4 months later on the bed of white rocks (from the heavy equipment to drive on foundation) that was just spreader out throughout our front yard, instead of removing. My wife and I was told that they would resolve the problem, but never did. We called numerous of times, left numerous of message with Carala **, Phillip ** (Project Manager), Mike ** (General Manager). Still contacting Mike ** as of today, and still nothing is resolved! We are not pleased on how we are being treated. We take pride in our home, we just want to be treated right!

Original review: May 27, 2017

There is a reason why their homes are so cheap. It is because everything falls apart! Plumbing is terrible and the wall caved in on me after 3 months of living here! Go to a different builder!! Don't be like me. Hopefully, this helps out the next person.

Original review: May 4, 2017

My wife and I purchased a new home from Adams Homes in Milton Florida. The highlight of this purchase was dealing with Thad, the salesman. He was attentive, helpful, and a great salesman. The happiness ends there. That construction supervisor was a total JERK. We had numerous problems with him throughout the process. Besides finding subpar construction on this new house that we paid $200,000.00 for, we experienced poor service from this company, from start to finish. The foundation had severe cracks throughout 7 rooms. The supervisor said it was (common). My wife and I have had 6 new homes built, and this is the only house that had "common" cracks in the foundation.

There were numerous other visible flaws in this house, that should have been caught by the supervisor, before the 1st walk through. There were numerous areas where tape was showing through the sheetrock, areas weren't covered good in paint, broken brick on the tops of windows, flawed granite countertops, etc. I hope that everyone who is considering spending their hard earned money on an Adams home, will read my post over and over, and consider other reputable home builders. Please consider home builders that have a good reputation for not only quality workmanship, but great and caring service. We didn't find any of these assets with Adams Homes, with the one exception of Thad.

Original review: April 3, 2017

Adams Homes is a fraud. I found a issue with my window 3 days after moving I and was told that the Stacy (superintendent) would handle it because it was less than 30 days. I called the Biloxi office numerous times and got the runaround. Finally they told me my window was ordered 3 weeks after I filed the warranty request. That was a lie. I called the window company 2 months later and was told they ordered the window when I called them and I had to pay. No one at the Biloxi office ever said I had to pay. I called corporate and they told me to send a list of events. They didn't help either. Please don't buy from them. Once they have your money they could care less.

11/21/16 9:21 a.m. I submitted a work order for the cracked window. 12/1/16 Called adams abs spoke with Fran. She stated she gave my paperwork to Stacey because I was still within 30 days of move in. 12/3/16 about 12:15 p.m. I saw Stacey in my subdivision and asked her about the paperwork. She denied having, saying she had not been to the office. She came to my house looked at the window, door, and outside faucet. She stated the window would have to be ordered and it would take 4 weeks. Said she would patch my faucet and called the guy about my door. The guy came the same day. Michael sent me a text saying he would come within the hour at 12:52 p.m.

12/12/16 8:58 a.m. I called Keller **and spoke with John. He said he needed paperwork from Adams in the window will take about two weeks to come in. 12/12/16 9:19 a.m. I called Adam and Fran was out. I spoke with Darlene. She said she would contact Stacy to retrieve the paperwork. 12/12/16 9:30 a.m. Darlene called me back and stated Stacey would call John at Keller ** and order the window. 12/20/16 9:46 a.m. Called Kelly **; window not in. 12/26/16 2:03 p.m. Called Keller ** they were closed for the holiday. 12/27/16 8:40 a.m. Called Keller ** said window was not in 2/1/17 8:20 a.m. Called Keller ** about the window. said he would check on it and give me a callback.

2/1/17 8:27 a.m. Keller ** called back said the window should be on Monday February 6th. 2/20/17 12:23 p.m. call Keller ** about the window said he would call me back. 2/20/17 1:12 p.m. Keller ** called me back and said that the window got reordered on February 1st because that one came in with a crack. The window is now in but it will cost me $165. I then told him that nobody ever told me I needed to pay and he said that he would call Adams and see where the paperwork was. 2/21/17 10:02 p.m missed a call from Keller **. 2/21/17 1:20 p.m. I returned the call to Keller ** and stated to him that again nobody ever mentioned to me anything about paying for a window told him that I had submitted my paperwork two months ago on November the 21st of 2016

2/21/17 1:23 p.m. call Adam I spoke with Fran, explained the situation about me submitting the paperwork to her and nobody ever relaying the message that it would cost me to have this window repaired she said that she would get with Ryan the production manager and that she will give me a call back on the next day February 22nd. 2/21/17 Called corporate and left a message late in the evening. 2/22/17 Spoke with Ms. ** and explained the situation. She instructed me to sum it a timeline of exchanges. 2/22/17 as of 8:08 p.m. I have not heard back from Fran at Adams.

Original review: March 24, 2017

We purchased our house in Nov of 2015, once construction was done we moved from PA to Fl. When we got here for our walk thru and found issues. We were told if we complained settlement would not happen. They said "no problem we will fix it after settlement"! Yep the checks in the mail! There have been issues that got fixed after complaining to their warranty coordinator who has a bad attitude by the way. I have had several houses built and this is by far the worst experience. One of my first complaints at the walk thru was the expansion joint cuts and concrete discoloration in the garage floor. See the pictures attached. Filed a complaint with Adams and they finally sent the construction manager back and he said concrete is not warranted. I said we complained before settlement and were told it would be fixed. The concrete is starting to deteriorate from the poor quality of the work and materials. Would not tell my worst enemy to buy an Adams home.

Original review: March 9, 2017

When going to discuss constructing a new home with this builder the salesman or whatever he was, was completely rude and short with us. Telling us we would get arrested if we went by to look at our home being built. Excuse me? He cut us off on everything we asked about, and told us he pretty much didn't have time for us. This was at the Spring Hill model home near Barclay on Spring Hill Dr. We started looking around the home. There were cracks in the walls and all kind of settling issues. I wouldn't recommend this builder to my worst enemy!! STAY clear!!

Original review: March 8, 2017

I have worked with many builders of my life and must say that Adams Homes sales rep. Kim ** has been a pleasure to work with. Kim ** has stayed in touch with us throughout the entire building process with updates and building information. I'm sure Adams Homes has other staff that go above and beyond in their organization but I did want to point out our positive experience we've had so far with Kim **. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

When we chose to build with Adams we were cautious because of reviews we had read online. From the moment we met our Agent at Adams we felt we were in good hands. She answered our millions of questions and emails quickly. Our home was finished just a couple of weeks late. No biggie! And it was gorgeous! Our Well water wasn't running clear 2 months after closing. We notified Adams and they had the Well guy out the next day. Larry Sheley Well wasn't able to get the original Well to run good water so he drilled a NEW well! The same week we called! THAT friends, is GOOD customer service. Both Adams and Larry Sheley were top notch. And I am not a naive kid. I am a 42-year-old mother of 8 that was a marketing rep and business woman for 22 years. Great job Adams! Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

Wall started collapsing in the living room. Found out electrician drilled a hole in a 2x4 for wiring wide as the board which cracked and cause the ceiling to start falling. Driveway is a broken mess. Porches front and back cracking. Leaking plumbing. The whole house needs new plumbing including the slab. The pipe used was defective and the company filed bankruptcy. We and all our neighbors stuck paying out of pocket. That's not counting all the water damaged. Walls and ceiling cracking. Windows leaking and sticking. Oh, don't listen to all the promises. We never go pool, meeting hall or pond fountains. The roads were defective and the county would not maintain until homeowner bought huge bond to cover. It's pitiful when the neighbors get together to discuss whose house is the next one to screw up. Run. Don't walk.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

First of all, let me start by saying that I actually do really like my home. I'm not going to give Adams Homes a 1-star review just because I've had a few problems. I think it's unreasonable to expect that any new home purchase is going to be a 100% perfect experience just because there are so many things that can go wrong. I decided to buy an Adams Home because I believed that they offered a great value: an all-brick home with a lot of included options that other builders charge extra for. To that extent, I think they delivered. Where they fell short, in my opinion, is the quality of work and the warranty support.

In my house it appears to me that they tried to do a lot of things quickly and tried to "hide" it. The drywall installation is sloppy and they covered it up with builder's grade flat paint. I know that walls are never really perfect, but it looks like they never even sanded anything before they sprayed it with paint. It was incredibly hard to fix in some locations because it won't sand down easily. I had to skim coat some of the walls to get a smooth surface, which is a very messy thing and usually shouldn't be necessary for new walls. When I compare our house to the others in our neighborhood that were built by another company (who, believe me, has their own set of problems), the quality seems very poor. It can be fixed, though - just takes a lot of work. I do think it's a shame that it's a new house and the walls are in worse condition than some much older houses I've lived in.

The warranty service was absolutely terrible, but to their credit they did fix most of the things that I asked them to. Sometimes it would be a battle, though. Here are a few of my struggles with them in this regard: The property taxes weren't properly paid from the time that they owned the property and were building our house (not really a warranty issue, but that's who I dealt with to get it fixed). I kept getting notices from the county saying my property would be auctioned if it weren't taken care of. I had to repeatedly contact Adams over the course of a month asking for updates. They more or less kept saying they were looking into it and couldn't figure it out. Finally, they sent me a copy of the check. I had to point out to them that they had a typo in the tax receipt number written on the check, because it seems they were baffled as to why it wasn't shown as being paid.

My warranty documentation stated that I had a two-year mechanical warranty (I think this might even be required of all new home builders). My AC went out once and I discovered that it was because there was a leak in the refrigerant line. I had a few problems before this and usually I would contact Adams who would arrange for a service call with the AC company (who really were great to deal with). This time, however, I was told by the warranty lady that I would need to contact them myself. I thought "sure, no problem" until I was told by the AC company that their warranty to Adams was only for one year and that I would need to cover the costs. I called Adams back and was told that my warranty was only good for a year. I had to send highlighted copies of my warranty documentation that said that any AC problems within the first two years should be covered.

Once they received that, the lady called me back and said they would send someone out, but that if the damage was caused by me not changing my filters (I do change them regularly, but what does that have to do with a refrigerant leak?) or if "something happened while you weren't there and didn't know about it" (what is that even supposed to mean?), then "it's going to be on you." I didn't appreciate the attitude I was given, and I find it hard to believe that the person in charge of warranty service was not aware of their terms. At the time, their website specifically advertised that they had a 2-year mechanical warranty. I think what happened is that the AC company only warranted their work for 1 year, and Adams would be out-of-pocket for the repairs... They were just trying to pass those costs to me and hoped I'd fall for it. Meanwhile, my AC was out for over a week while we got all of this sorted out.

If it wasn't a problem that could be handled by their tradesmen (AC, plumbing, etc), then they seemed to struggle with sending the right person. I had a problem with one of my countertops and they sent the painting crew to fix it while they were doing the 1-year nail-pop service. They didn't speak English, and after completing their other work one of the guys pointed at the counter and said "this - I don't do this" and left. I remember it took quite awhile before Adams sent someone else: someone who seemed like a sales rep that replaced whoever they formerly bought the countertops from. He was nice, but he seemed like he was asked to do a favor that he really didn't want to do. Anyway, my point is: Adams builds a nice home for a nice price, but you really need to keep them honest...

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

I bought an Adams Homes in April 2016. I have lived in it for 6 months – it was suppose to be my retirement home but after I get finished paying for repairs I don’t have any money left for retirement!! I do not advise anyone to buy a ADAMS HOMES!!!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

We had our new home built by Adams Homes, Huntsville AL. Several problems from the beginning: Driveway had huge hump where the cylinders were placed in the embankment (ditch). Scraped the bottom of the car when you pulled in the driveway; Adam Homes didn't want to fix their defect at first when it was obvious that our new driveway was not installed the same way as the other new Adam Homes driveways in our community (with the same ditch cylinders). Come to find out the contractor did not place the cement-cylinders deep enough into the ditch... They took out the entry way driveway and made it a little flatter. They finally fixed the driveway, after we went through some grief.

Plumbing - we have water pressure problems in the Kitchen sink. Water puddles along the side of the house where the pipes are. Adam Homes says there's nothing wrong! Drywall - there are cracks that started surfacing throughout the house, just in the first three months of us taking occupancy. The same drywall contractor finally came out, and all he did was put "Putty" over the cracks. He did not sand out the bumps that are on several of the drywall, walls in several rooms and the nails are coming out of the drywall, and the contractor just "puttied" over those nails, and not all of them. When we had to repaint, you can see where the contractor scrapped the "putty" over the blemishes. NOTHING was fixed - per se.

Yard - The yard was not cultivated, nor was there fresh dirt put in place. Our backyard has crevices, holes and lumps where they should not be; when we went to plant flowers up near the front of the house and the back of the house, huge rocks and cement would not allow us to plant. The backyard has mud puddles, every time it rains, and we cannot let our dog out there. We have ant problems and found out that the side pipes where the plumbing is, has gaps along the pipes where they were NOT sealed, and bugs are getting into the house all the time. This is the worst experience we have ever had building a new home and Adams Homes does not want to take responsibility for their mishaps. It saddens me to think that Adams Homes does business poorly and dishonestly! These are true facts and we have taken pictures of all the defects in this newly built home.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I cannot stress it enough that Adams Homes is one of the worst home builders that I have ever ran into. We bought our home brand new and it has been downhill from there. This is our second home that we have bought and we previously owned a home that was 20 years old. This home is 10 times better than our new home. Our plumbing is wrong, our windows are not the correct size so we can put standard sized blinds in, and our fixtures for our cabinets come loose all of the time. Our bathroom towel racks fall all of the time.

When we emailed the women from the warranty company she sent the foreman out and he stated our plumbing issue was not that big of a deal. We have standard doors and just had a guy come out to give us a lookout hole and he charged us. Why did we not have one to begin with? I believe because it is set up this way to make you pay more. This home is poorly constructed. The attic is poorly done. We had to place a pallet up there to put our things to store. I would actually not even give this company one star. That is how much we are disappointed in this purchase. We can't wait to get out of this home!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

I closed on our house March 31, 2016 and regret ever doing business with them. I've had multiple issues with our home ever since we closed. I submit warranty requests and they are ignored, when I contact them on the phone they are very rude and unprofessional. The warranty requests I've submitted since I moved into my house have not been addressed, and I've been living in the house for 7 months. I'll email the warranty request and try to contact them via phone and all I can do is leave a message. Phone calls are never returned. I just get the run around from the receptionist.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2016

I built my dream home with Adams Home Builders. It went smooth and was a good experience. That is until I needed some items that were not correct to be fixed. During the first walk thru some items were noted. On the final walk thru some of the same issues were there. The project manager assured me they would be fixed and not to put them on the punch list or the closing would be delayed. As I am from out of state, I could not come back at a later time for the closing so I agreed. 5 months later, the major issue is not resolved and they now tell me they are not going to fix it.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2016

We bought a house from Adams in 2014. Shortly after moving in, we started having problems. Over 72 problems. Everything from leaking pipes, loose wires in light fixtures, bad chandeliers. Three in fact. They tried to tell us that we were causing problems with lights in chandeliers by using energy efficient bulbs. Air conditioning problems, Carpeting coming loose. Cracks in ceilings. One of their people that does electrical work for them said they were using refurbished light fixtures. They would send people out here to fix stuff & as soon as they would leave & claim it was fixed, the problem would start again, like leaking pipes in bathroom. We have water that collects around the water faucets that stands on sinks still that they will not fix.

Their manager at this property, Keith **, accused us of throwing water on the sinks. He came into our house with an attitude, rude, uncaring sarcastic. Most of their workers that came here to fix problems were rude when they came into our house, were rude with the exception of a very few. We have spent a lot of money to try to make the yard look decent since we have been here. They supposedly landscaped & planted grass but for the most part, it was weed. Most of the shrubs they planted died & had to be replaced.

The electrical board in the attic had to be replaced. Air conditioner & heat control had to be replaced. They take their own time to fix problems, as much as 2 months. A light fixture hung loose on our garage for 2 months before they came & fixed it. Brick have already cracked on the house that they were told about in July & they still have not come to fix it. The first year was a nightmare. The CEO, Bryan Adams is rude uncaring. I tried to communicate with him the first year we were here & he could care less. There are already cracks in the garage. The concrete at the entrance of the driveway cracked as soon as we moved here. It has never been fixed.

Original review: July 22, 2016

After my 1 year warranty was up, my house started having problems. One of the main and most annoying issue is the glue separating issues with our floors. In most of the high traffic areas of our house, we can hear crunching and popping noises on our floors. Our plumbing are starting to have issues and our concrete is cracking on our porch and garage. This builder uses third tier construction workers, mainly general labor workers. A proper carpenter, plumber and electrician will never allow a house to go to ** after a year. By the way Mr. Adams, floors are mean to last more than a year. Be ethical.

If you want to pay premium for builder's grade floors, appliances, fixtures, carpets and get ripped off, Adams Homes is the house for you. My parents and grandparents have homes by D.R. Horton's. They use ceramic wood looking tiles, which looks and works a whole lot better than the cheapo Adams' materials. Adams Homes will never see another dollar from me ever again.

Original review: June 24, 2016

We had our home built in 2007 by Adams Homes in the new neighborhood. Nightmare began after couple of months after we moved in noticing not one but various faulty workmanship. Upon several calls to Adams home to request to fix still under warranty, they ignored our request. Every year we have water pipeline burst which is common in our neighborhood.

One summer when pipe burst ceiling started to leak, my husband fixed it himself, ever since that day he has developed respiratory issues by inhaling the insulation dust. We came to know that water pipe (pex pipe) Adams Homes installed was under recall due to health hazard. Both of us suffer from undiagnosed symptoms of low platelet, headache & respiratory issues. We can do nothing but everyday curse Adams Homes on robbing people's blood, sweat and money. Dream home has turned into nightmare house.

Original review: April 14, 2016

More than 30 issues in the first year from day #1. If you have had bad experience with Adams Homes in Alabama, please DO submit a complaint to Alabama Home Builder Licensure Board. Hopefully, with more and more people complaining, we could help other people falling into victim by Adams Homes.

Original review: April 12, 2016

From the area general manager (Mike **) all the way to the top of the company (Bryan Adams), the company demonstrates a complete lack of concern for their customers. I purchased a home from them CASH, which meant that their sales representative (Brant **, who provided inaccurate information about the property) had an EASY job, not having to deal with any lenders. Nonetheless, when it came down to a fence in the back of the yard I was told before closing that the HOA would cover the cost of repairs/replacement since it was only a 3.5 foot fence that ran across six properties behind my home (not just mine).

Nearly two years later, the fence was at the point of needing to be replaced, but when I contacted my HOA they stated that it was "my problem". I contacted Mike ** of Adams Homes here in Jacksonville, and after several calls he completely ignored me (I have the text messages that I sent directly to his number over the course of about SIX WEEKS (**) to prove it). His boss, Elizabeth **, at least returned my phone calls, but did nothing to remedy the situation. When I finally tried to contact the owner, Bryan Adams, for assistance he refused to return any of my calls. This is truly a company that is eager to get your money but then does NOTHING to help when you need it! AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Original review: March 25, 2016

I am a first time home-owner and Adams Homes makes me regret ever purchasing a home with them. I had problems from the beginning and still on-going. Never thought owning a home would be so many issues within my first two years. I purchased this home May 2014 and after the first ran that summer, I noticed that the water was sitting in the yard. I contacted Adams Homes, they came out and said to me that it was an unusually hard rain and to give it a couple of days to dissolve. Well that didn't happen. I called them back out and this time I was told that the ground was graded according to the Shelby county restrictions and I would have to pay someone to come out and dig a french drain. I was like "are you serious, this should be Adams responsibility." Again, sorry it's not.

Time went on, I had several french drain contractors come out with estimates of $1500.00 to $4500.00 but they all said it appears to them that the builder should correct the issue. I just moved in this house. I don't have money to start correcting issues that should have been done correctly in the first place by the builder. So I asked my friend if he could just maybe dig a trench where we could maybe get the water to run out of the yard. We tried digging as much as we could but the ground is extremely hard due to it being clay and rocks, no soil to absorb moisture. I now have a big hole out in the backyard full of water with nowhere to go. The ground cannot absorb it.

I contacted Adams again, they had one of their guys come out three times and he finally said that on the sides of the house it's supposed to be wet but he could see a problem in the backyard. I don't think the yard is supposed to be wet just because anywhere. Andy said he would get back with me after speaking with Adams. Anyhow after three weeks and hearing nothing back from Adams I sent an email to the office and was told by Jamie that someone came out already. I said "but no one has gotten back with me." She said she would get with Andy when he came in. Andy came back out to the house but said nothing to me. I just saw him through my window go in the backyard. Didn't hear from anyone after that either.

Another week went by and nothing. I sent another email and was told again by Jamie that she would try to find out an answer for me. Then today I get an email saying corporate said they cannot do anything because the home is out of its one-year warranty and regrading would void any warranties. Well I contacted them within my first year of moving in about this issue. My backyard is a breeding ground for mosquitoes and other insects. I had snails crawling on my shed. I wanted to put up my pergola and cannot because we would be sitting in water.

Adams just appears as if they just don't want to correct their mistake. I read the warranty and it clearly states that the yards are graded or sloped in a manner that any water would run off onto the street. This is not the case here. My yard is not sloped level but sloped inward toward the middle of the backyard and there is hills and bumps that the water cannot get over to get to the street to flow out of the yard. I should not or anyone else should not have to wear boots in the summer in the backyard. I don't know if other neighbors on the other streets has this problem but I do know my neighbors on the side have problems with water between our homes. It's as if no one wants to address this issue. I cannot sit outside and enjoy the outdoors. This problem must be resolved.

Original review: March 7, 2016

Make sure you visit the job site every day. I will mention here that Adams Homes built the WRONG floor plan for our house. I was the one that discovered this during the framing phase but we came to a resolution and that was the first warning sign. I just spent 4 hours with a jack hammer busting up concrete. Thanks to Adams Homes. About 6 years ago the house was still under their 1 year warranty and I found a slab of concrete about 10" under when trying to plant a shrub at one end of the front flower bed. After several complaints they finally came out and only removed the concrete where I mentioned I found it (at the one end). Fast forward 6 years. I decide to dig up all shrubs and start new. I then find a "new" slab of concrete that is 13 FEET long and 5 FEET wide. Here's the kick in the butt -- one end clearly shows marks where 6 years prior the concrete was busted away.

Adams Homes workers simply stopped where I told them I encountered concrete rather than remove all. Grand total size of the original concrete slab?? 5FEET wide and over 21 feet long. Who in the world does stuff like that and then tries to literally cover it up? Think twice about your choice. The fireplace they installed was from an out of business manufacturer so now that it is broken I can't get the part I need. One of the major appliances had recall issues at the time of install. After an outbreak of tornadoes in our area back in 2011 in which the roof over the patio was lifted up and the columns blown out we discovered that is not in accordance with local code which requires anchoring -- there was NONE. The roof pitch was simply resting on the aluminum columns. Never again! Choose wisely folks! Choose wisely!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2016

By far worst company I have ever come in contact with! Bought home in April 2015 to be done in Oct 2015. Closing now March 2016 almost a year after contract and was told 6 mos. Answers are always no and do not care about the buyer one bit! Asked for extended driveway prior to breaking ground. Told me no but they do it all the time on their home. Charged me for things they never did. Agreed to not paint a door but did anyways and would not fix their mistakes. Can only speak to the salesperson and no help as never followed up. It would take months to get answers. Their lenders are the worst too - just do whatever they want and do not keep buyer in the loop. Will never buy new construction Adams Home again or recommended them!!!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2016

March 21, 2015, we had a contract written by an Adams Homes Representative in Port Charlotte, Fl. Put down an $8,400.00 deposit and were told if our loan did not go through, we would get our deposit back. Loan was denied, deposit not returned.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2015

First of all we started building this house in March 2013. Was told be ready in 6 months, DIDN'T HAPPEN. Ask if we could do away with the seat in the shower in master bathroom, they first said, "no problem." Then few days later they wanted $500.00 more. Window over front door was way out of line, they had to redo the molding. Replace shower door, didn't cut the counter round sink right, so it had to stay like that. Hung the ceiling light, lopsided. Few months later floor in garage started cracking. Now driveway is cracking. This weekend the air cond. went out. I called office, they said, "call the number on the unit," so we did. $175.00 NO WARRANTY. So I called Adams office they said, "1 year on everything." No wonder they call these people COOKIE CUTTERS.

I would not advise anyone to build with these builders. And if you call Better Business Bureau, NEVER AN ANSWER. So take it from a person that has been through it twice. I learned my lesson. They make all the big bucks and laugh all the way to the bank co. A few more years they will be another crash, and the banks will be stuck with more foreclosures. GOOD.

Adams Homes Company Information