Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

58 Adams Homes Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 8, 2019

My family and I relocated from another state to Pensacola, Fl and were excited to purchase our first home together. The excitement quickly ended. We have had electrical issues, plumbing issues, and they refused to have 3 HUGE trees removed because the city "wouldn't allow them" to. The city came out today and told us not only are all 3 of the trees we had issues with diseased and rotten, but Adams NEVER called them to inspect the trees. One fell ON OUR HOME and now we are looking at a 5K bill to have them removed. I called Adams home and their attitude was "too bad". DISGUSTING business practices.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I purchased an Adams Homes in March. Looked great, wonderful layout. After a few weeks I noticed some Severe water issues in the backyard. I have spoken to management, which said they would have further meetings about this to no avail. The meetings never happened. I put my name on a list...no luck there either. I’ve written letters and emails. Still no luck. The neighbors yard is the same. We actually have tadpoles and mosquitoes living in the stagnant water. I guess my next steps will be News Team 8, the Veterans Administration (VA loan) and BBB. They should be ashamed of their business practices.

Get expert buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 10, 2019

In December I put $1000 earnest money down to purchase an Adams Home at Hidden Lake Preserve in Greenville, SC. The salesperson told me the house would be complete in 4 to 5 months. I explained my situation and urgency in needing a home. I also paid over $900 dollars for upgrades. They had not moved their samples to Hidden Lake Preserve because they were in the process of completing their model. I had never picked any colors or anything for this house. They had problems with their crews so work was shut down for quite some time.

As of May, they had not even graded the lot. I was told I was 7th on the list to have my lot graded and was told it would be 5 to 6 months after that before the house would be completed. I was very unhappy and explained I could not wait 5 to 6 more months and asked to get my money back. I was told they would not refund my money, not any of it. They did not even refund my money for the upgrades, even though I had never even picked a single color, brick, flooring, light fixture or anything. I lost over $1900 for a house that had not even been started in 5 months. I signed a release to be done with these people on May 10th and have yet to receive the release signed by the builder. If you are in need of a home within a reasonable amount of time, do not do business with Adams Homes.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I had a house build by Adams Homes in 2013 & it went very smooth, walk through was excellent, any problems were fixed right away, any warranty issues in the first year were corrected right away. Had a hurricane 4 year after I moved in & some of the studs pulled out when I was putting up the shutters & they were fixed w/o charging me. I lived in Penna. & when the house was being build & the salesperson sent me pictures every week on the progress. Very please with Adams Homes. I would recommend Adams Homes very highly.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Live in Pace and bought a beautiful house. That's where the beauty ends. Every time we have tried to upgrade anything in this house has turned out to be a cluster. The workers cut corners (from an electrician and plumber) because an easy change out of a faucet or water heater involves changing from valve out. Electrician checked our outlets and every outlet was barely to code with wires barely locked in. For God’s sake do not buy an Adams home unless you are a contractor and can change everything yourself and can get a discount at the hardware store.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adams Homes?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I would not recommend anyone searching for a home to consider Adams Homes. My fiancé and I are first time homebuyers and what we thought would be a smooth process turned out to be the exact opposite. While doing the initial walkthrough, the superintendent was very unprofessional, sarcastic, and rude when we voiced our concerns with the house and what we needed fixed. When I expressed my concerns with the poor concrete formwork in the garage, he laughed at me and said, "It's just a garage buddy."

The "100% customer satisfaction" policy Adams Homes claims to have could not be more untrue. We also found out later after signing the contract and speaking with the HOA President that our HOA dues were actually $350 a year instead of the $200 a year that was written in the contract. Due to our very poor customer service and the constant lies we decided not to close on the house. I have tried every day for the last week, several times a day to speak with an Adams Homes' representative about an earnest money refund. I have called over a dozen times and gone to the office once. Every time I speak with them they tell me that the person I need to speak with concerning this matter is either "out of the office" or "in a meeting."

We were told when we signed the contract that if for any reason (even if simply having "cold feet") we decided to not buy the house, our earnest money would be refunded in full, and now we can't even get anyone to speak with us about it. To sum up, just know if you give them your earnest money there is a high probability that you will never see it again if you decide to not close, even if you decided not to close because they initially gave you inaccurate information. If you're looking for a great home with good customer satisfaction, I would highly recommend looking elsewhere.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

It has been a very bad disappointing first home buy, lack of concern for homeowner. Starting with my concrete surface never cured and is uneven crack and chipping the driveway has many holes and a cheese grater appearance the whole surface walkway, front porch and back porch, and exterior stucco not properly done and cracking. Sod was laid in proper and neighbors are willing to testify that the sod crew was drinking beer and seem to be intoxicated while laying the sod and it shows. I am willing to go as high as my senator.

I am a disable veteran and do not appreciate being treated this way as a homeowner. I have been complaining since October 2018 until this noting has been done. The project manager Steve came out and took pictures January 15th 2019. I did not hear from Adams homes until I called a week later January 22, 2019. I informed Steve the project manager because nothing had been done. I filled a formal complaint to the senior appraiser of Veteran Administration, my next step is write the CEO of Adams Homes along with photos of all complaints.

This is the most incompetent work I have ever seen allowed by an incompetent supervisor or just did not care. I just want my concrete surface corrected. Furthermore I have a huge crack in my garage that I can get a dime in that cracked leads into the slab. I am concerned about the poor mixture of concrete and damage to the slab. Now for the sod no one can even walk on the lawn including my small dog many holes throughout the lawn that can cause injuries. I am prepared to take measures as far as news coverage of my home. This will be corrected I am not paying for this new driveway that looks like the oldest. I would not recommend Adams Homes to anyone and Adams Homes could not even build me an outhouse. This mess is located on 147 S Wimbrow Dr in Sebastian, FL. I do not mind anyone to contact me. If you are buying a home. I hope not from Adams homes.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

This is the 3rd NEW house I have purchased. The only ADAMS HOMES house. I have NEVER had issues hanging decor until this house. The drywall or sheetrock is paper thin and will not support decor without using very thick nails or anchors and screws for PICTURES. My son has many holes in the walls of his bedroom. Granted, it's because of him hitting them with things, but seeing the holes, there is hardly any visible sheetrock. They are sending their drywall or sheetrock person here today to inspect. Even if it is 1/2" thick as they claim, it is very weak and cheaply made. $215,000 for this house in 2018. DO NOT BUY ADAMS HOMES if you want a good house without problems!!! I have many pictures of their subpar work!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Carolyn ** has been the up most helpful person I had the pleasure of dealing with at Adams Home. This first-time home buying experience for me with Adam has been terrible. Carolyn did not receive adequate information from the closing manager (my assumption), Brad. When I spoke to Brad on today, 10/30 to receive my earnest money back - he stated I would have been closing on a certain date so unfortunately, since I terminated my contract I won't receive any monies back. I terminated my contract because I was promised that I would be closing end of October 2018. The communicated date from Carolyn was changed to December 1. However, if you are in an apartment - that doesn't matter to them. If I had to move by a certain date, I had no option.

The fact that they refused to refund me my monies is because of advertisement since they put the home on hold for me. They were not able to advertise for the last 5 months cost them money so I won't be able to get the refund. HOWEVER, if I wasn't able to close due to financial reasons (not approved for the loan, etc) I would be eligible to receive my earnest money back. If Brad updated Carolyn in a timely manner, I would be gladly to close at the end of November. In which, according to my conversation with Brad, he had the end of November closing date for a little over a month. I terminated my contract on October 10, if Brad had the closing date prior to that, why didn't he communicated that to Carolyn so she could update me? Lack of communication from Brad cost me my earnest money and a home I would had gladly purchase with no issues. I will not purchase a home with Adams ever again.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I've had nothing but problems with the home Adams Homes built. The floors have leveling issues, there are major plumbing problems, the shower encasement and toilets have had to be replaced due to uncontrollable mold growth, which is ridiculous when the house is only four years old (apparently these units were installed incorrectly in addition to the plumbing problems), the HVAC unit wasn't purchased large enough for the house size, and the list goes on and on and on.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Bought a house with Adams and should have listened to my instincts. First contract got ruined because the house wasn’t off set like it was suppose to be so had to start over. After 8 months of waiting for my second home to be built there were leaks in the roof in multiple places. They claimed to have fixed the leaks and now that we’ve closed and I’ve been in the house for almost a month the roof is leaking in the same exact place!!

See images, you can tell where the repair was and that the leak is still there. But now there is also a leak around the chimney. Not to mention the hot water heater did not work when we moved so I also had to have that fixed. The carpentry on the back porch was terrible and I had to have that redone. The superintendent acted like he was going to fix it at the walkthrough with wood putty and claimed he would come back after closing to sand it down but never did until we made a fuss about the issue. Don’t buy Adams Homes, the contractors that do the building are terrible.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I signed a contract with Adams Homes two months ago to build a new home. They have since come back and said the city will not allow them to build my model on the lot I chose. Now, they want me to pay $3,000 more to build a smaller model on the same lot. They claim the prices have gone up. Why should I pay for their mistake? They are the classic bait and switch scam company!

Original review: March 21, 2018

I was living in Port St. Lucie Florida at the time. I put a down payment of $2000 on a home for Adams Home to start building. It was in a prime area, at least that is what they told me and the lots were going quickly. So I handed over my down payment. Right after they started clearing the lot, the company I was with lost their contract with the state which required me to move. When I went to Adam Homes and told me of the situation. They made it sound as if was going to be difficult to sell the lot to another customer and since they started clearing the lot it was at an expense to them. So they were not going to reimburse the $2000 investment. I was not happy and took it to the regional manager who confirmed they were out of pocket for the clearing of the lot. So he agreed they were not going to return the money.

Today I drove by the lot and house and guess what? There is an Adams home on the property and I asked the owner when he purchased the home and it was sold to him during construction and it was the home I had ordered. Ummmm, money were they out and could not get back. They actually sold the house at a few thousand more than my quoted price. So why did they really not return my $2000. GREED... So I would recommend you not buy an Adams home and stay as far away as you can from them. Especially if you are a veteran. That $2000 has a higher value me than to a large company like Adams.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

Three years old Brand new house from Adams Homes was put together with Superglue, 10 reasons why you shouldn't buy Adams home: 1. Foundation had severe cracks ----> As a result of the cheapest concrete mix does not meet specifications. 2. Defective asphalt roof shingles that didn't stand 30 miles per hour winds. 3. Plumbing is the worst part. They have to open the wall several times. 4. Shower door is the cheapest where start leaking outside. 5. Windows glass cracked from outside from heat and extraction. 6. Poor insulation very very ineffective in sound reduction and exchanging Heat. 7. Kitchen and bathroom cabinets were put together with Superglue. In a few months from that moisture start deforming and peeling off. 8. Doorknobs rusted out and discolored. 9. Front and backyard filled with beach sand where no vegetation and coding grass don't grow. 10. Defective toilets where keeps clogging up all over the house.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Poor ethics - If I could rate it a negative star, I would. I have waited so patiently on work to be completed in my home. Some work has been repaired. But other work, I have been waiting since May 2017 to be completed. We are now in the middle of July and I am still waiting. I have lost all hope with Adams Properties. It seems taking care of their homeowners is not number one on their list of things to do. I wouldn't recommend anyone purchasing a home with them because they don't follow through very well and they certainly don't take care of their homeowner's requests even though you follow the proper steps to request repairs (at least that has been my experience).

Original review: June 30, 2017

My experience with Adams Homes has been HORRIFIC! Judy ** fails to respond to my emails; they've lied about when the house would be completed, no one has worked on the house for 3 weeks. As of today there is still no power. I'm trying to locate the email address for the President of this company. Please proceed with caution when considering a home with this company.

Original review: June 2, 2017

Purchased our home on January 31, 2016. Filed a complaint 4 months later on the bed of white rocks (from the heavy equipment to drive on foundation) that was just spreader out throughout our front yard, instead of removing. My wife and I was told that they would resolve the problem, but never did. We called numerous of times, left numerous of message with Carala **, Phillip ** (Project Manager), Mike ** (General Manager). Still contacting Mike ** as of today, and still nothing is resolved! We are not pleased on how we are being treated. We take pride in our home, we just want to be treated right!

Original review: May 27, 2017

There is a reason why their homes are so cheap. It is because everything falls apart! Plumbing is terrible and the wall caved in on me after 3 months of living here! Go to a different builder!! Don't be like me. Hopefully, this helps out the next person.

Original review: May 4, 2017

My wife and I purchased a new home from Adams Homes in Milton Florida. The highlight of this purchase was dealing with Thad, the salesman. He was attentive, helpful, and a great salesman. The happiness ends there. That construction supervisor was a total JERK. We had numerous problems with him throughout the process. Besides finding subpar construction on this new house that we paid $200,000.00 for, we experienced poor service from this company, from start to finish. The foundation had severe cracks throughout 7 rooms. The supervisor said it was (common). My wife and I have had 6 new homes built, and this is the only house that had "common" cracks in the foundation.

There were numerous other visible flaws in this house, that should have been caught by the supervisor, before the 1st walk through. There were numerous areas where tape was showing through the sheetrock, areas weren't covered good in paint, broken brick on the tops of windows, flawed granite countertops, etc. I hope that everyone who is considering spending their hard earned money on an Adams home, will read my post over and over, and consider other reputable home builders. Please consider home builders that have a good reputation for not only quality workmanship, but great and caring service. We didn't find any of these assets with Adams Homes, with the one exception of Thad.

Original review: April 3, 2017

Adams Homes is a fraud. I found a issue with my window 3 days after moving I and was told that the Stacy (superintendent) would handle it because it was less than 30 days. I called the Biloxi office numerous times and got the runaround. Finally they told me my window was ordered 3 weeks after I filed the warranty request. That was a lie. I called the window company 2 months later and was told they ordered the window when I called them and I had to pay. No one at the Biloxi office ever said I had to pay. I called corporate and they told me to send a list of events. They didn't help either. Please don't buy from them. Once they have your money they could care less.

11/21/16 9:21 a.m. I submitted a work order for the cracked window. 12/1/16 Called adams abs spoke with Fran. She stated she gave my paperwork to Stacey because I was still within 30 days of move in. 12/3/16 about 12:15 p.m. I saw Stacey in my subdivision and asked her about the paperwork. She denied having, saying she had not been to the office. She came to my house looked at the window, door, and outside faucet. She stated the window would have to be ordered and it would take 4 weeks. Said she would patch my faucet and called the guy about my door. The guy came the same day. Michael sent me a text saying he would come within the hour at 12:52 p.m.

12/12/16 8:58 a.m. I called Keller **and spoke with John. He said he needed paperwork from Adams in the window will take about two weeks to come in. 12/12/16 9:19 a.m. I called Adam and Fran was out. I spoke with Darlene. She said she would contact Stacy to retrieve the paperwork. 12/12/16 9:30 a.m. Darlene called me back and stated Stacey would call John at Keller ** and order the window. 12/20/16 9:46 a.m. Called Kelly **; window not in. 12/26/16 2:03 p.m. Called Keller ** they were closed for the holiday. 12/27/16 8:40 a.m. Called Keller ** said window was not in 2/1/17 8:20 a.m. Called Keller ** about the window. said he would check on it and give me a callback.

2/1/17 8:27 a.m. Keller ** called back said the window should be on Monday February 6th. 2/20/17 12:23 p.m. call Keller ** about the window said he would call me back. 2/20/17 1:12 p.m. Keller ** called me back and said that the window got reordered on February 1st because that one came in with a crack. The window is now in but it will cost me $165. I then told him that nobody ever told me I needed to pay and he said that he would call Adams and see where the paperwork was. 2/21/17 10:02 p.m missed a call from Keller **. 2/21/17 1:20 p.m. I returned the call to Keller ** and stated to him that again nobody ever mentioned to me anything about paying for a window told him that I had submitted my paperwork two months ago on November the 21st of 2016

2/21/17 1:23 p.m. call Adam I spoke with Fran, explained the situation about me submitting the paperwork to her and nobody ever relaying the message that it would cost me to have this window repaired she said that she would get with Ryan the production manager and that she will give me a call back on the next day February 22nd. 2/21/17 Called corporate and left a message late in the evening. 2/22/17 Spoke with Ms. ** and explained the situation. She instructed me to sum it a timeline of exchanges. 2/22/17 as of 8:08 p.m. I have not heard back from Fran at Adams.

Original review: March 24, 2017

We purchased our house in Nov of 2015, once construction was done we moved from PA to Fl. When we got here for our walk thru and found issues. We were told if we complained settlement would not happen. They said "no problem we will fix it after settlement"! Yep the checks in the mail! There have been issues that got fixed after complaining to their warranty coordinator who has a bad attitude by the way. I have had several houses built and this is by far the worst experience. One of my first complaints at the walk thru was the expansion joint cuts and concrete discoloration in the garage floor. See the pictures attached. Filed a complaint with Adams and they finally sent the construction manager back and he said concrete is not warranted. I said we complained before settlement and were told it would be fixed. The concrete is starting to deteriorate from the poor quality of the work and materials. Would not tell my worst enemy to buy an Adams home.

Original review: March 9, 2017

When going to discuss constructing a new home with this builder the salesman or whatever he was, was completely rude and short with us. Telling us we would get arrested if we went by to look at our home being built. Excuse me? He cut us off on everything we asked about, and told us he pretty much didn't have time for us. This was at the Spring Hill model home near Barclay on Spring Hill Dr. We started looking around the home. There were cracks in the walls and all kind of settling issues. I wouldn't recommend this builder to my worst enemy!! STAY clear!!

Original review: March 8, 2017

I have worked with many builders of my life and must say that Adams Homes sales rep. Kim ** has been a pleasure to work with. Kim ** has stayed in touch with us throughout the entire building process with updates and building information. I'm sure Adams Homes has other staff that go above and beyond in their organization but I did want to point out our positive experience we've had so far with Kim **. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

When we chose to build with Adams we were cautious because of reviews we had read online. From the moment we met our Agent at Adams we felt we were in good hands. She answered our millions of questions and emails quickly. Our home was finished just a couple of weeks late. No biggie! And it was gorgeous! Our Well water wasn't running clear 2 months after closing. We notified Adams and they had the Well guy out the next day. Larry Sheley Well wasn't able to get the original Well to run good water so he drilled a NEW well! The same week we called! THAT friends, is GOOD customer service. Both Adams and Larry Sheley were top notch. And I am not a naive kid. I am a 42-year-old mother of 8 that was a marketing rep and business woman for 22 years. Great job Adams! Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

Wall started collapsing in the living room. Found out electrician drilled a hole in a 2x4 for wiring wide as the board which cracked and cause the ceiling to start falling. Driveway is a broken mess. Porches front and back cracking. Leaking plumbing. The whole house needs new plumbing including the slab. The pipe used was defective and the company filed bankruptcy. We and all our neighbors stuck paying out of pocket. That's not counting all the water damaged. Walls and ceiling cracking. Windows leaking and sticking. Oh, don't listen to all the promises. We never go pool, meeting hall or pond fountains. The roads were defective and the county would not maintain until homeowner bought huge bond to cover. It's pitiful when the neighbors get together to discuss whose house is the next one to screw up. Run. Don't walk.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

First of all, let me start by saying that I actually do really like my home. I'm not going to give Adams Homes a 1-star review just because I've had a few problems. I think it's unreasonable to expect that any new home purchase is going to be a 100% perfect experience just because there are so many things that can go wrong. I decided to buy an Adams Home because I believed that they offered a great value: an all-brick home with a lot of included options that other builders charge extra for. To that extent, I think they delivered. Where they fell short, in my opinion, is the quality of work and the warranty support.

In my house it appears to me that they tried to do a lot of things quickly and tried to "hide" it. The drywall installation is sloppy and they covered it up with builder's grade flat paint. I know that walls are never really perfect, but it looks like they never even sanded anything before they sprayed it with paint. It was incredibly hard to fix in some locations because it won't sand down easily. I had to skim coat some of the walls to get a smooth surface, which is a very messy thing and usually shouldn't be necessary for new walls. When I compare our house to the others in our neighborhood that were built by another company (who, believe me, has their own set of problems), the quality seems very poor. It can be fixed, though - just takes a lot of work. I do think it's a shame that it's a new house and the walls are in worse condition than some much older houses I've lived in.

The warranty service was absolutely terrible, but to their credit they did fix most of the things that I asked them to. Sometimes it would be a battle, though. Here are a few of my struggles with them in this regard: The property taxes weren't properly paid from the time that they owned the property and were building our house (not really a warranty issue, but that's who I dealt with to get it fixed). I kept getting notices from the county saying my property would be auctioned if it weren't taken care of. I had to repeatedly contact Adams over the course of a month asking for updates. They more or less kept saying they were looking into it and couldn't figure it out. Finally, they sent me a copy of the check. I had to point out to them that they had a typo in the tax receipt number written on the check, because it seems they were baffled as to why it wasn't shown as being paid.

My warranty documentation stated that I had a two-year mechanical warranty (I think this might even be required of all new home builders). My AC went out once and I discovered that it was because there was a leak in the refrigerant line. I had a few problems before this and usually I would contact Adams who would arrange for a service call with the AC company (who really were great to deal with). This time, however, I was told by the warranty lady that I would need to contact them myself. I thought "sure, no problem" until I was told by the AC company that their warranty to Adams was only for one year and that I would need to cover the costs. I called Adams back and was told that my warranty was only good for a year. I had to send highlighted copies of my warranty documentation that said that any AC problems within the first two years should be covered.

Once they received that, the lady called me back and said they would send someone out, but that if the damage was caused by me not changing my filters (I do change them regularly, but what does that have to do with a refrigerant leak?) or if "something happened while you weren't there and didn't know about it" (what is that even supposed to mean?), then "it's going to be on you." I didn't appreciate the attitude I was given, and I find it hard to believe that the person in charge of warranty service was not aware of their terms. At the time, their website specifically advertised that they had a 2-year mechanical warranty. I think what happened is that the AC company only warranted their work for 1 year, and Adams would be out-of-pocket for the repairs... They were just trying to pass those costs to me and hoped I'd fall for it. Meanwhile, my AC was out for over a week while we got all of this sorted out.

If it wasn't a problem that could be handled by their tradesmen (AC, plumbing, etc), then they seemed to struggle with sending the right person. I had a problem with one of my countertops and they sent the painting crew to fix it while they were doing the 1-year nail-pop service. They didn't speak English, and after completing their other work one of the guys pointed at the counter and said "this - I don't do this" and left. I remember it took quite awhile before Adams sent someone else: someone who seemed like a sales rep that replaced whoever they formerly bought the countertops from. He was nice, but he seemed like he was asked to do a favor that he really didn't want to do. Anyway, my point is: Adams builds a nice home for a nice price, but you really need to keep them honest...

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

I bought an Adams Homes in April 2016. I have lived in it for 6 months – it was suppose to be my retirement home but after I get finished paying for repairs I don’t have any money left for retirement!! I do not advise anyone to buy a ADAMS HOMES!!!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

We had our new home built by Adams Homes, Huntsville AL. Several problems from the beginning: Driveway had huge hump where the cylinders were placed in the embankment (ditch). Scraped the bottom of the car when you pulled in the driveway; Adam Homes didn't want to fix their defect at first when it was obvious that our new driveway was not installed the same way as the other new Adam Homes driveways in our community (with the same ditch cylinders). Come to find out the contractor did not place the cement-cylinders deep enough into the ditch... They took out the entry way driveway and made it a little flatter. They finally fixed the driveway, after we went through some grief.

Plumbing - we have water pressure problems in the Kitchen sink. Water puddles along the side of the house where the pipes are. Adam Homes says there's nothing wrong! Drywall - there are cracks that started surfacing throughout the house, just in the first three months of us taking occupancy. The same drywall contractor finally came out, and all he did was put "Putty" over the cracks. He did not sand out the bumps that are on several of the drywall, walls in several rooms and the nails are coming out of the drywall, and the contractor just "puttied" over those nails, and not all of them. When we had to repaint, you can see where the contractor scrapped the "putty" over the blemishes. NOTHING was fixed - per se.

Yard - The yard was not cultivated, nor was there fresh dirt put in place. Our backyard has crevices, holes and lumps where they should not be; when we went to plant flowers up near the front of the house and the back of the house, huge rocks and cement would not allow us to plant. The backyard has mud puddles, every time it rains, and we cannot let our dog out there. We have ant problems and found out that the side pipes where the plumbing is, has gaps along the pipes where they were NOT sealed, and bugs are getting into the house all the time. This is the worst experience we have ever had building a new home and Adams Homes does not want to take responsibility for their mishaps. It saddens me to think that Adams Homes does business poorly and dishonestly! These are true facts and we have taken pictures of all the defects in this newly built home.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I cannot stress it enough that Adams Homes is one of the worst home builders that I have ever ran into. We bought our home brand new and it has been downhill from there. This is our second home that we have bought and we previously owned a home that was 20 years old. This home is 10 times better than our new home. Our plumbing is wrong, our windows are not the correct size so we can put standard sized blinds in, and our fixtures for our cabinets come loose all of the time. Our bathroom towel racks fall all of the time.

When we emailed the women from the warranty company she sent the foreman out and he stated our plumbing issue was not that big of a deal. We have standard doors and just had a guy come out to give us a lookout hole and he charged us. Why did we not have one to begin with? I believe because it is set up this way to make you pay more. This home is poorly constructed. The attic is poorly done. We had to place a pallet up there to put our things to store. I would actually not even give this company one star. That is how much we are disappointed in this purchase. We can't wait to get out of this home!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

I closed on our house March 31, 2016 and regret ever doing business with them. I've had multiple issues with our home ever since we closed. I submit warranty requests and they are ignored, when I contact them on the phone they are very rude and unprofessional. The warranty requests I've submitted since I moved into my house have not been addressed, and I've been living in the house for 7 months. I'll email the warranty request and try to contact them via phone and all I can do is leave a message. Phone calls are never returned. I just get the run around from the receptionist.

Adams Homes Company Information