Find a Home Builders partner

Biloxi, MS

1.3/5 (74 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Adams Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Adams Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adams Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adams Homes?

Original review: June 13, 2021

I'm a 100% disabled veteran and this is my first house. Adams homes are a piece of junk. The workers don't care about your house. I've been waiting for over a year to get something done by them. My house wasn't ready when it closed yet they let it go through anyway and have refused to do all the things that were supposed to be finished within a year. I watched the 2 homes behind me get built and the workers were drunk every day and smashing their bottles on the sand (now all that glass is in your yard) and they were swinging on the rafters. One house's roof collapsed because it was put on wrong. Don't buy from adams homes. Not worth what you pay for it. Worst company ever. Customer service is worse than Comcast.

Original review: March 23, 2021

My husband and I purchased a home with Adams Homes in August 2019. I contacted the warranty department via email and included photos of the ceiling is cracking and chipping on March 1st allowing them the 5-10 business days to follow-up with me. I called on March 16, Brittany states she never received an email so while she was on the phone I resubmitted the claim to the same email and then she states she received it and will get back with me. March 23 I called Brittany, due to the fact I haven't heard from and she states she reviewed the photos and it doesn't appear to be part of a warranty. I told her no one is in the attic tap dancing and there's no additional weight on the ceiling to just cause it to crack so there must be an issue with the foundation. I advised her of their poor communication skills and this issue will be escalated to another level.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 17, 2021

I am under contract with Adams Homes. They have left several roofs with OSB and felt paper for weeks and weeks. Mine was left h covered for 8 weeks, then was shingled after a rain before the OSB behind the destroyed felt paper could possibly dry out. I made my concerns heard 5 weeks ago and Adams won't give me an answer about whether or not they will replace my roof. I even have pictures of warped and swollen OSB prior to shingling. If you are under contract with Adams, or are thinking about it, look at your construction daily if possible so you are aware of their standards. This could have all been avoided if they had just taken the time to put a tarp on the roof. I am nothing but disappointed.

Original review: March 4, 2021

We had a contract on a house in Woodland Ridge in Margaret AL. The appraisal came in lower than asking price and the builder would not sell for appraisal price. My agent pulled every rabbit out of his hat and Adams would not budge at all. However the week before my potential closing they sold the same exact house across the street for the price of my appraisal. Really???? I hope Adams gets stuck with this home for a very long time. Because no one is going to buy a new home and be immediately in the red. Adams would not suffer one bit selling the house to us for appraisal value. They make a fortune on their homes. I would never recommend them to anyone. And then based upon all their reviews it seems their craftsmanship & customer service are terrible.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

I purchase a new Home from Adams in June, 2015, once I moved in I started to have problems. The door from the garage into the kitchen would not close properly, I called Adam warranty and filled a complaint, the Production Manager came out, he inspected the door, closed it and open it about 15 times and said he do not see a problem and walked away. I continue to have problems getting the door to close properly, I called the Warranty department again, they ask me to call the door company, a repair person came out and added weather strips and made several adjustment, but the door would not close properly, I called the Warranty department again, someone from the door Company came out again, this time it was a different person, he made adjustment and left, again the door would not close properly, so it ended up that the door Company was called over a dozen times for the same one problem that the door would not close properly, they recommended the door be replaced.

I called Adams Warranty department again, the same Production Manager came out again, he looked at the door and said he do not see anything wrong with the door and left it at that. The towel rack in the master bathroom kept falling down by itself with nothing hanging on it. I called the Warranty department, they gave me a phone number to call the Company who installed the towel rack, i called them, someone came out and fix the problem, however, rack fell again, they came out again and said it was fix, the towel rack fell down about 4-5 times during the first year, and the problem never got fix, the woman who answered the phone on my last call, said I am breaking the rack, and they cannot keep sending people out. My brother visited me and he fix the problem, the towel rack never fell once since my brother fixed it.

There was a problem on the roof, it took them a few weeks to send some out. Just as the house turned one year several problem started occurring with the electrical outlets and switches, but they would not fix those. Cracks started to appear all over the Interior and Exterior of the house and in the garage in less than one year. I called the Warranty department, the Production Manager came out, he looked at the cracks, he said the house is still settling. The one year Warranty was over, and the cracks started to appear more and more longer and wider all over the house, I keep calling and sending email with pictures of the cracks, but getting no response, long wide cracks in the ceiling throughout the house in all rooms except in 3 out of 4 bedrooms, I believe Adams hired cheap labor to do the sheet rock.

After repeated phone calls and emails, the Production Manager came out several times, but kept on dragging his feet and or is always out of town. I probably made over 100 plus phone calls and sent about 40-50 emails to Adams warranty department. It took them 5 years to fix the problem with the interior ceiling, very unprofessional and sloppy job, then blamed the delay on the Virus lock down. (How Ridiculous) There are very long wide cracks on the exterior of the house and wide cracks in the garage, which they refuse to address. They told me I have to go through Centricity Bonded Builders Warranty group. I filled out the online request for Centricity, someone came out and looked at all the cracks around the entire exterior and the garage, said it looks like Adams used cheap labor and cheap paint, so the work was not done professionally and up to spec, and the problem is not with Centricity Warranty group it is with Adams.

I called Adam warranty and sent them an email, on my phone call to them I was told they have a new Warranty team, the old team are no longer there, they will have to look at my file and get back to me. After a month I did not hear from them, I called them again, this time I was told that my house is out of Warranty, and I have to deal with the problems myself. I personally would not recommend this Company to anyone, buys beware. I believe they took advantage of a single senior citizen.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

Shingles on roof were nailed with only 2 nails per shingle. When replaced they were marked as not for sale on back. Soffit was glued on. Problems with air conditioning unit after only three years had to replace unit cause couldn’t buy parts for it. Hot water heater lasted a year. Yard was not grated properly. Circuits kick if plugging a vacuum cleaner in bedroom sockets. List is endless. Got no cooperation from supervisors. Found him sleeping in pick up truck in front of house many times. Stay away from this builder. Their construction is horrendous.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

BEWARE WHEN BUYING FROM THIS BUILDER. They show you one perfect home in the model but deliver a product that does not meet those same standards. I purchased a home from them a year ago. Immediately upon moving in I contacted them to show them the things that were half done and they never did anything. Shoddy carpentry work that affects the function and safety of the home along with plumbing work that causes the house to shake when the upstairs toilets are flushed. The plumbing work has water coming through the walls which is now causing mold and discoloration.

The latest issue is the "brand new HVAC system" which does not cool the house at all. Many nights I wake up sweating. They have sent out their contracted ac vendor to look at the system who says everything works just fine but that is definitely not the case. I am having to spend my own money to get an inspector out here to see what the issue really is. They are coming out this weekend and I will share the report with Adams Homes but I am not confident that they will care.

When they speak to you on the phone they are very condescending. They attack your integrity and want you to lower your standards and settle for things instead of living up to their end of the deal and delivering the product you paid for. They tell you that you didn't purchase a "million dollar home" and things are not going to be perfect but even in a $50k home the ac should work properly. This company has grossly misrepresented itself in a negligent manner. They have negative reviews everywhere and this seems to be a repeat pattern for them. BEWARE WHEN PURCHASING. I CANNOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

In 12/26/2013 I closed my contract for my brand new home built by Adams Homes in Daphne, AL. Home still under warranty through Centricity Bonded Builders Warranty group until 12/26/2023. On June 2019 I started seeing cracks on the slab and the veneer brick so I filed the first warranty claim. Claim was denied because inspector from US Forensics hired by them concluded that the claim does not meet the warranty criteria. Time passes, more cracks on the slab, doors not closing and a second claim filed on January 2019. Again the same inspector concluded that the claim does not meet the warranty criteria.

One year later, after repairing walls to allow doors to close, cracks are 1/4 in wide goes all across the house, damaged the flooring, broken exterior walls and I have centipedes, ants, spiders, bugs crawling through the crack. I removed the carpet because of it, and I noticed the slab and it is broken in 7 sections. On 07/29/20 I filed a third claim. Same inspector showed up in 08/12/2020. My house is literally broken in half. Cracks on exterior brick on front and back wall are extensive. Please be aware of the quality of this builder and the warranty you receive. I'm repairing it at a cost of 30-35K.

Original review: July 29, 2020

Appears Adams Homes will construct as cheap as possible. Whatever happened to craftsmanship or quality? Poor trim work, cabinet installation, low grade carpet, narrow driveways, drywall and screw pop issues, etc.

Original review: July 29, 2020

In Spring Hill FL, the married couple who write the contracts are completely unprofessional. They are too busy with walk ins to assist the true customers who plan on building. So many "nopes", "I dont know" and "no's"....it is a rush rush situation with a lot of demeaning attitudes. We were supposed to sign a contracts today, and God's greatness told us no....they are defensive, demeaning, uncaring, just want you to sign the line and shut up!!! Absolutely NO. This is a horrible couple...Karen and Len. Beware...they are the enemy. God will show us the right path and it will NEVER be Adam's Homes! We have our lender, our property, ready to build...and thank Goodness we truly saw these awful people (couple) for who they are. I would LOVE to show the world their responses to us, lol. We are literally a number, or piece of poop on their feet. STAY AWAY EVERYONE.

Adams Homes Company Information