Biloxi, MS

1.4/5 (94 ratings)
Find a Home Builders partner
Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Adams Homes

Banner image

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Adams Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adams Homes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adams Homes?

Original review: May 10, 2022

Adams Homes was great the experience was grand and Ms. Debbie ** was amazing, she was knowledgeable and attentive, making our home buying process wonderful. I would recommend Adams Homes to everyone looking for a home.

Adams Homes response

Thanks for your kind words, LaShawn! We'll be sure to share this with Debbie and the local management team. We're so happy to welcome you to the Adams Homes family and wish you many wonderful years in your new home!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

We have been thrilled with the home that Adams provided us. On time closing, quality workmanship, frequent updates, and a turn-key approach all contribute to us being totally happy. We didn't even have to provide a welcome mat! The insulation is great in terms of sound penetration and we have outlets and lighting galore. No complaints at all.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

My wife and I had good experience with Adams Homes, this is our second Adams home for us, we had have a couple of issue in our new home, so when we call them, we waited for our turn patiently, they came and fixed the issues, and that is very professional of them, I will recommend them to others.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

My wife and I purchased a new home in the Lakewood Cottages community in Pensacola, FL from Adams Homes and had a great experience. The sales and production team were great with communicating with us, and the office admins ensured everything during construction, at closing, and after was handled with professionalism. The home itself is perfect for what we wanted; new, low maintenance, great area, and affordable. I'd highly recommend Adams Homes for my friends and family looking in the area.

Original review: April 10, 2022

I signed my contract in September 2020 and to this day they haven't closed on my house yet they keep pushing my closing back and they only call me the day before the walk to cancel. They promised me 9 months.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

Lies and nothing but more Lies. We signed the contract in February of 2021. It is now February of 2022 and still no house. We have been told for months "the closing will happen..." and then all of a sudden, they push it back again and again. They keep blaming covid for all their issues when I see other companies putting houses up with no problems. Talking to them gets you nowhere and if you tell them you are going to get a lawyer, they just say, "go ahead, you will have to pay for our lawyer's fees as well." We were sent the "official" closing date the other day with the dates and times only to be called the next morning and be told "sorry that was the wrong address". Stay as far away from Adams Homes as you can!! I wish I found this site before I bought.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

We decided after looking at many home builders that we liked the house and community and signed in November 2020 for our house to be built in Grand Oaks at Parrish, FL. We had to make sure we picked all our selections for the house in just a few hours at the office for our contract. After five months and them delaying on sending off for the permit until February they finally broke ground in April 2021. We were told it usually takes four to five months at this point so we were hopeful because we had always let them know we really needed to move in before school started. Unfortunately school started and we had to start driving our kids every day which took around five hours out of our day due to the distance of our rental and different school times.

We finally decided that we would walk the house with their permission after they had been working on it for around five months and it wasn't even to drywall stage. While walking the house we found that they had not even installed our shower in the master bath. We brought it to their attention and they said it would be fixed and cause no more delays. Two months later there was still no progress made. At this point they offered to let us cancel our contract and give our money back because they couldn't even provide information on the next step in the process or an estimated date of completion. We spent 11 months trying to get our home built with little progress and a major error. All the other builders we looked at had their homes completed and the owners moved in by school. I was very disappointed with this being our first experience in building a home.

After we cancelled our contract it seems like a miracle happened and they started completing the home much quicker. It seemed to me they wanted us to cancel so they could make more money. I just want to people to know our experience so hopefully they don't experience the frustration and heartbreak we had to. The only good thing to come out of this is that we found another company to build another home and the experience has been totally great with home also being of better quality.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

The paint on inside is the cheapest paint they could find and will wipe off easily. The plumbing was not right in the house and took them 6 months to fix. The insulation was not completed in the attic and took over a year, and getting legal involved, to get it completed.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I bought a NEW home from Adams Homes LLC AEC at the villages of Red Bridge located in Locust, NC. This was suppose to be my last house. I have had nothing but problems from day one. Let me start by stating that get everything in writing (And sometimes that is not enough). The house I purchased has water in the crawl space (Just found out it is Ground Water) not disclosed during the Contract signing or at closing. Contractor keeps putting band aids on the problem not wanting to spend any money to fix it correctly the first time. With these "Band Aid" fixes they are causing new problems and again putting Band Aids on instead of fixing the problem.

My front yard cannot and will not grow grass due to the fact that it was not prepared properly. You could twist or break your ankle if not careful while walking in the Front Yard. Contractor verbally said that they would take care of this. Has not happened and was told today (10-14-2021) that this is a Home Owner (My) problem and I would have to fix it. Back yard is a MUD pit due to improper grading of the lot. Again I was told today (10-14-2021) that was a Home Owner (MY) problem and I would have to fix it.

Adams cares for nothing and all they want is your money, after the contract is signed it's all over. Good luck in getting anything done. The GM (Bob **) and the warranty person (Scott) are a work of art. They will tell you whatever you want to hear, and when questions later about a conversation they conveniently forget. BUYER BEWARE. DO NOT BUY from this Company, you will be sorely disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Do not have a home built by Adams Homes! Once you close you better make sure everything is perfect or you will be sol. I have had so many problems with my home it is ridiculous! Frame cracks, ants, army worms, nail pops, leaks, sloppy paint jobs and even a cat in my wall! The warranty department is a joke and refuses to take responsibility or action for most things even if you have proof and written notices from outside companies. The only good thing I have to say about my experience is how well Kim ** and Matt have tried to rectify what is in their power to do. Mostly all I have gotten from this builder is a head ache starting from a week after our contract was signed. They also state that your rate is locked when you go under contract however, they do not tell you they will do anything in their power to get you to back out of the contract if they can get more money for the property from someone else.

They originally told us our closing date would be the beginning of August then a week later moved it up to June! We figured it out and made the arrangements to move in June the once it got here they moved the date back to the end of July. The week of closing they tried to push it back again. The building process was rushed which might be why there are so many problems with the house. Worst home buying experience ever and I will never use them again.

Adams Homes Company Information