2. Homeowners
  3. Home Builders

Biloxi, MS

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.35/5

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Looking to hire a builder?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Get started

Adams Homes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adams Homes?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Adams Homes?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

Shingles on roof were nailed with only 2 nails per shingle. When replaced they were marked as not for sale on back. Soffit was glued on. Problems with air conditioning unit after only three years had to replace unit cause couldn’t buy parts for it. Hot water heater lasted a year. Yard was not grated properly. Circuits kick if plugging a vacuum cleaner in bedroom sockets. List is endless. Got no cooperation from supervisors. Found him sleeping in pick up truck in front of house many times. Stay away from this builder. Their construction is horrendous.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

BEWARE WHEN BUYING FROM THIS BUILDER. They show you one perfect home in the model but deliver a product that does not meet those same standards. I purchased a home from them a year ago. Immediately upon moving in I contacted them to show them the things that were half done and they never did anything. Shoddy carpentry work that affects the function and safety of the home along with plumbing work that causes the house to shake when the upstairs toilets are flushed. The plumbing work has water coming through the walls which is now causing mold and discoloration.

The latest issue is the "brand new HVAC system" which does not cool the house at all. Many nights I wake up sweating. They have sent out their contracted ac vendor to look at the system who says everything works just fine but that is definitely not the case. I am having to spend my own money to get an inspector out here to see what the issue really is. They are coming out this weekend and I will share the report with Adams Homes but I am not confident that they will care.

When they speak to you on the phone they are very condescending. They attack your integrity and want you to lower your standards and settle for things instead of living up to their end of the deal and delivering the product you paid for. They tell you that you didn't purchase a "million dollar home" and things are not going to be perfect but even in a $50k home the ac should work properly. This company has grossly misrepresented itself in a negligent manner. They have negative reviews everywhere and this seems to be a repeat pattern for them. BEWARE WHEN PURCHASING. I CANNOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH.

Get buying tips about Home Builders and Developers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

In 12/26/2013 I closed my contract for my brand new home built by Adams Homes in Daphne, AL. Home still under warranty through Centricity Bonded Builders Warranty group until 12/26/2023. On June 2019 I started seeing cracks on the slab and the veneer brick so I filed the first warranty claim. Claim was denied because inspector from US Forensics hired by them concluded that the claim does not meet the warranty criteria. Time passes, more cracks on the slab, doors not closing and a second claim filed on January 2019. Again the same inspector concluded that the claim does not meet the warranty criteria.

One year later, after repairing walls to allow doors to close, cracks are 1/4 in wide goes all across the house, damaged the flooring, broken exterior walls and I have centipedes, ants, spiders, bugs crawling through the crack. I removed the carpet because of it, and I noticed the slab and it is broken in 7 sections. On 07/29/20 I filed a third claim. Same inspector showed up in 08/12/2020. My house is literally broken in half. Cracks on exterior brick on front and back wall are extensive. Please be aware of the quality of this builder and the warranty you receive. I'm repairing it at a cost of 30-35K.

Original review: July 29, 2020

Appears Adams Homes will construct as cheap as possible. Whatever happened to craftsmanship or quality? Poor trim work, cabinet installation, low grade carpet, narrow driveways, drywall and screw pop issues, etc.

Original review: July 29, 2020

In Spring Hill FL, the married couple who write the contracts are completely unprofessional. They are too busy with walk ins to assist the true customers who plan on building. So many "nopes", "I dont know" and "no's"....it is a rush rush situation with a lot of demeaning attitudes. We were supposed to sign a contracts today, and God's greatness told us no....they are defensive, demeaning, uncaring, just want you to sign the line and shut up!!! Absolutely NO. This is a horrible couple...Karen and Len. Beware...they are the enemy. God will show us the right path and it will NEVER be Adam's Homes! We have our lender, our property, ready to build...and thank Goodness we truly saw these awful people (couple) for who they are. I would LOVE to show the world their responses to us, lol. We are literally a number, or piece of poop on their feet. STAY AWAY EVERYONE.

Original review: June 11, 2020

Moved into my new home in late January, 2020 and I'm really happy. The building process took a little longer than expected, but I'm glad they are a builder that pays attention to the details instead of building them as fast as they can. I love my brick, which looks so great compared to all the stucco homes around me. Great floor plan, very good quality and nice people to work with.

Original review: April 22, 2020

Buyers, beware of Adams Builders. They are a very unethical company, there sales representatives are lairs, they make promises that are not kept. The workmanship of their homes are sub-par at best. They stole my earnest money due to the fact that the sales rep told us one thing about tree removal (20 feet), the builder told us something different (30 feet) and they removed 10 feet at best.The GM said that’s all that would be removed and if we want more, that we could pay to have it done. My advice to anyone that considering purchasing a home (if that what you call it) get everything in writing before signing any type of paperwork. If there was a negative star rating, I would rate this experience a negative five. They ruined a beautiful sub-division with (crap) track homes. Wilson, NC beware because that is where they going next. Do your homework!

Original review: March 19, 2020

Just bought a new home last September in Southaven. When we used the heat for the first time it sent black soot through the light switches and vents. Ruined a $200 air purifier. Warranty person and hvac person claimed it was from fireplace. We hadn't used the fireplace but they wouldn't listen. Had to wait 3 weeks after move in for someone to come knock hole in washing machine drainage box. Mud drained and is sitting on yard from new construction. Warranty claims it'll be fixed when all construction is done. Concrete breaking down at base of driveway.

Called warranty and was told I was responsible. Michael came and said developer would fix it. But nothing compares to what I found yesterday. Was trying to work in yard as the last time Adam's had it cut, the yard was scalped. I saw a piece of plastic sticking up from sod. Started to pull the plastic up and found reciprocating saw blades and scraping blades. It's terrifying what else is under there. Plants were just set barely in ground and mulch piled on top. I didn't know how it important it was to CHECK and DOUBLE CHECK!!

Original review: March 6, 2020

I am under contract in Pepper Tree development, located in Wildwood, FL, beginning in October 2019. I am very troubled over the lack of progress on my home. I was quoted 3 months for permits, 4 months to build, totaling 7 months, approximately. Today marks 5 months in the process, and nothing has been done but the land being leveled. Foundation is not even poured. I would think homes under contract would take priority over spec homes being built in the neighborhood that aren't even sold yet.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

My husband and I contracted for a new build in June 2019 with the “understanding” that it would take 9-12 months to complete. Although we didn’t have a house to sell, we have a lease (month to month) provided we gave at least 60 days notice. I called every month beginning in October to talk about the progress since it appeared that things were moving along faster than our timeline. I was told in October that we were still on schedule for May 2020 or thereabout. I called in November and was told the earliest would be February 2020.

We received an email the second week of December 2019 advising that the builder needed to close at the end of December! WOW way to communicate Adams. Needless to say we could not close at the end of December with only 3 weeks notice AND the holidays. We agreed on January for closing, reluctantly considering the house was completed 5 months earlier than our original discussion at the time we signed the contract in June. I went to the bank to retrieve my IRA funds and was told they weren’t there! This is an entirely different discussion but had to threaten legal action and jump through hoops to ensure I had the monies available. We asked Adams for an additional two weeks to ensure we could get the funds and they would only approve the 2 weeks with an additional deposit of $500, this would be in addition to the $1250 they already possessed.

We of course were trying to secure funds that already belonged to me but “went missing” for a few weeks from my bank, only to be told we needed to come up with more money??? How does this make sense in any realm, if you don’t have the money you need but let’s ask for additional monies you don’t currently have? Between the bank and builder we definitely got shafted. Had they waited the 2 additional weeks, we would have had the money needed for the down payment (the loan money had already been secured and ready to go).

Needless to say, I would NOT recommend this builder as it was an incredibly stressful time for us. They lack communication that is necessary for a successful relationship between buyer/seller. They are inflexible so if you need a builder that will allow for changes where you want them, then that’s the way to go. It is an investment after all that you will be paying on for 30 years so shouldn’t you be happy with the end product???

Adams Homes Company Information