Wolf Cooking Appliances

Wolf Cooking Appliances

3.5/5 (86 ratings)

About Wolf Cooking Appliances

Wolf Cooking Appliances Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wolf Cooking Appliances?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wolf?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

We spent thousands of dollars to purchase supposedly top of the line Wolf double oven and within few usage the large oven blew. So we contacted mechanic to fix the oven and it took over a month to get the tech. This supposed tech shows up with very limited knowledge and ordered a wrong part. I asked him if wolf breaks a lot. He said it seems to be happening more and more. Now they are telling us to reschedule. I would not buy these products ever again. Buggiest mistake ever.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

We purchased this oven in 2016 shortly after we bought a Wolf six burner gas stove. The warranty was 5 years. The oven quit working 3 months after the warranty expired. Wolf Canada said too bad, the warranty has expired. They also told me they do not sell parts for these, so even if it's an element or thermostat as I suspect, it's not repairable. The two year old Breville I gave to my daughter when I bought the Wolf still works fine. I'm buying a new fridge and it will likely be a Meile.

Original review: June 14, 2021

Very well built, made of thick stainless steel that will last a lifetime. Wolf BBQ36BI's super heavy and gets extremely hot. Numerous burners give you flexibility in making it super hot for searing or just right for grilling. Also has the capability for a rotisserie but I don’t know who bothers doing that.

Original review: June 11, 2021

We bought the wolf kitchen set - well over $30k for a 6 burner plus grill range, fridges, etc. The range is the worst ever quality you can get. We have had it replaced, we have had oven panels replaced due to enamel flaking, we have had starters and burners replaced because they don’t work and the last straw left is that it starts on its own now. Literally we are looking at it and it starts the oven. Some of the worst products ever made.

Original review: May 6, 2021

I bought this microwave to complete the Wolf appliances in my home. 2 month new the keypad stopped working. It took 2 months for a service call (bad keypad). Now 4 more months waiting for parts. This is a brand new appliance under factory warranty. It's useless. Buyer beware. Spent over 2000.00 for a useless microwave...

Original review: March 9, 2021

I have a 30", four burner gas range. It cost $5,000. The two buttons flanking the oven heat setting are for the oven "light" and for "convection". Both buttons are plastic coated to look like metal. Both have had the metal coating flake off. I contacted Wolf and they agreed to replace the buttons. I would have to pay for the labor - $200. I inquired if the button material had been upgraded and was told "no". It was suggested that leaving the oven door open or slightly open after use or while broiling was the problem. Really? These two buttons are 3 inches above the oven door opening. This is very disappointing on a product that should be of much better quality.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I would much prefer the oven to run on gas instead of electric. It takes a long time to heat up. The stove top (6 burner) which runs on gas is a pleasure to cook on. The stove top also has a griddle that we use often to make fried eggs, bacon and pancakes.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

After about 5 years of using top oven, its spring broke and we had to pay an expensive part replacement and installation. It was professional service. After 10 years of using it, its electronic touch panel starting to fading but still readable.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

Love my Wolf range. Easy to keep clean. Heats up fast. Never had a problem in 6+ years. It replaced an old downdraft coil cooktop. I choose the wolf for its great recommendations and found an amazing deal on an open box return that had never been installed.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Our new Wolf E-Series double oven cooks just fine but:

1. The oven light stopped working two weeks after it was installed. We’ve been waiting for four weeks and the replacement parts have still not been delivered to Poirier (our appliance store)! By comparison, Amazon can deliver in 24 hours.

2. The workmanship (fit and finish) on the oven door is very poor. The doors don’t align flush with the oven body. Poirier service came by and did their best to improve the look, but it still doesn’t fit correctly. I expect attention to detail when I invest $6,800 for a premium oven.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

Don’t really like induction cooking. Bought it because clean up is so much easier than with a gas top. Some of the pans don’t work well at all. Have had trouble with the oven control panel. It seems working on an induction system was an oddity for the technician.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I wish I would have seen these reviews before I purchased $58,000 of Wolf & Sub Zero appliances.

1. Coffee Machine is terrible. Besides the coffee not being hot, there is not an option to plumb. Therefore, you have to fill it with water every time you use it. I didn't need a $3400 Keurig!

2. My Duel Fuel Range has caused me so much embarrassment. I love to cook and entertain. I have had several failures with things rising, roasting and using the probe. I have been trying to get something done with it since early December. They are ghosting me! I have been on hold for hours, emailed them several times and performed their "oven test". That is a joke. They asked me to bake sugar cookies. They take 8 minutes. The problems I am having is when roasting a turkey, baking egg casseroles that won't rise, or cornbread that comes out flat instead of tall and beautiful. I would rather try my luck on the grill instead of my oven.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

Remodeled about 5 years ago with all Wolf appliances. They *look* great! We cook very little (honestly, bought them for style and appearance). Still, with light use, they are unreliable. We use the wall oven, model SO36U, maybe twice/year. But, the control panel already failed with "Keyboard Error". The repair is to replace the control panel ($1200 part + labor). The induction cooktop is also lightly used, but exhibits various errors. So far, an occasional reset of the circuit breaker restores it. But...come on. With a whole kitchen of matching Wolf/Subzero, what now? Replace the whole lot? Or, budget $1000/year for repairs?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2020

We spent nearly $35,000 on Wolf and Sub-Zero appliances. First, the built-in coffee maker never got to a hot temperature. Called the customer service numerous times within the first month of being installed, they sent out someone to work on it but they never could get it any hotter. Gave us an extended warranty on our refrigerator because of the issue for the coffee maker??? Second, built in double oven has never been at the precise temp so we have always had to guess and bake longer. Third, the gas cooktop knobs do not stay in position so they will slightly turn so you can't get at a precise temperature. And last, refrigerator alarm kept sounding so I called customer service and the rep was rude and augmentative. That was the last straw and therefore this review. If you think these are top of the line appliances without issues I would skip buying them because they are overpriced and definitely not worth it!!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

I bought a 5 burner stove. The red knobs and the stainless steel base, burners are all upscale. The reason I gave a two star is because it is difficult to clean the grates and the burner. These stoves are actually good for people who have fancy kitchens but only toast bagels and use the stove to boil water. I cook a lot but cleaning the stove is difficult because it leaves streaks and the burnt oil or food splattered the base leaves discoloration.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I worked in a high volume - high end restaurant for years using Wolf stoves that were probably at least 25 years old. They were amazing work horses. I swore by Wolf brand. I've finally worked up to building a beautiful high end home so of course I wanted my beloved Wolf stove. I paid about $10,000 for a six burner w/ griddle and dual ovens - one is a convection oven. It's 5 years old, but the issues I started when I moved in to the house. I called my Wolf certified installer and they suggested that I watch some videos to solve the issues (great service right?), which I did and followed to the T.

Alas- the issues are omnipresent: 1) all the ignitors randomly go into this continuous igniting frenzy. I thought it was related to spilling a little water or a little oil. So I unplug everything -& carefully clean them off. Takes hours.... Bottom line I am not a messy cook at all. Most of the time when it happens (about once a month) I haven't spilled anything- it's almost a little water vapor will set these guys off. I've had lousy apartment gas stoves that never had this issue. I have to baby this bugger and I still have this problem. My daughters won't even touch it for fear of setting the ignitors off and spoiling everyone's dinner; and 2) Both ovens' heat distribution is way off. One side really warm, browns things nicely, the other nothing. These issues happened again tonight and that is why I'm writing this review. I can't take it anymore. I've had it with this stove. It has spoiled mine & my family's evening way too many times. Do yourself a favor and buy anything but a Wolf stove.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

We bought an all gas range for our kitchen remodel. The range looks nice and thought it was top of the line, that is why we spent the money on it. Now, we truly believe, the reputation that both Wolf and Subzero both have is just left over from the past and the quality is just no longer there. When you open the door to the oven, it is really heavy and just falls. There seems to be no system that allows it to stay in place so it’s either closed or falls all the way open. Not great. All four gas burners just continuously click and try to fire but do not ignite which is frustrating and releases fumes in the air.

When we bought it, we were told about Wolf and Subzero’s concierge customer service which is a complete farce. The first CS rep couldn’t even find us in their system even though we registered and then told me our warranty up but it had not even been a year yet and they had our purchase date in the future. None of that made sense but after a couple phone calls they figured it out. From there we were just asked the same questions over and over. The Account Rep that works directly for Wolf was worthless and truly didn’t care about the issues we were having. They sent out a tech to repair it and it worked for a while but the issues started again. Sent him out again, made more repairs, again worked for a while and the issues started again.

I asked for a replacement but that was another lie that we were roped into the beginning. They will do anything and everything not to replace the product. We still have a Wolf range only about four years old now that still doesn’t work well.. Do NOT buy Wolf. Again, its past reputation is exactly that, a thing of the past. I will never buy one or their products again and they do not value customer service!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

We spent 10,000 dollars on an induction range stove and the oven does not work. The vendor we bought it from, East End Kitchens, has totally abdicated responsibility and has passed us off to a local repair vendor who showed up and said he had no idea when the multitude of parts that may be needed will be in or when a real service call could be scheduled. Really! It seems that if you are going to order one of these ovens, you need to order from a company that uses Authorized Installers, which we did not -- do not use East End Kitchens for appliances, use only for cabinets. They make plenty from the appliances, but do not stand behind anything. We called Wolf and they referred us to the same service shop that came out, that is all they did, still waiting -- please call us to resolve **.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

Current home purchased 5.5 years ago had the Wolf kitchen. Range hood did not work on inspection. Shortly after, undercounter frig stopped cooling. Parts were covered under warranty, labor was not, $1000 and many weeks to repair. When reinstalled under the counter, door could not be fully opened to slide out racks to hold the beverages. It had been pushed up against the wall. Called certified repair tech said I could reach down and pull it out myself and adjust the feet to level to make it fit. WHAT? Then microwave broke, $750 more. The ice and water dispenser in subzero worked intermittently, certified repair service (which you have to use or it voids warranty) said, "that's just the way it is."

Then gas range top started sinking in the countertop. Once again, "that's just the way it is." Then double ovens started blowing fuses. Control panel shorted. Replaced with a brand new double oven that did not work. Argued with wolf for 3 weeks. They agreed to replace, then backed out and told the distributor to call me to say they are picking up the new double oven that don't work and refunding my money. To date, the appliances are 13 years old. Started having problems year 6. Since moving here, 5.5 years ago, the repair techs have been here 7 times. None of the problems were ever really fixed. Shop somewhere else besides wolf. Wolf customer care is extremely lacking. They don't care. Repair service has an exclusive on wolf subzero appliances. You have to use them, so they don't care either.

Original review: July 31, 2020

The touchscreen on this microwave has failed multiple times. We have replaced it once, now have to do so again. The quality of the product is high questionable. Moreover, I have been told that the warranty is limited and probably useless in terms of the cost to replace the part. We don't abuse the product, the screen sensors just fail to record our selections (open/shut the drawer and turning the microwave on/off). I cannot express more strongly how much we consider this a failed product and recommend to anyone that they not make the same mistake we did in purchasing it. Wolf has been a giant disappointment to us.

Original review: April 29, 2020

Updated on 09/24/2020: Back again to write about the Wolf drawer microwave. I want to scrap it and by a cheap microwave at this point. Had the magnetron replaced, and now the touchpad is not sensing any touch. Can't set time, can't add one minute auto, now can't press the '1' button. The microwave is just past the 2 year warranty, of course, so now paying out of pocket to have the technician out again to evaluate the problem. Nothing but problems with this product!

Original Review: I had a drawer Wolf installed during a kitchen remodel and I deeply regret it. It looks nice but it has very little power. Takes at least 2 minutes to heat a mug of water. Months into using it, it started to make buzzing noises during cooking. I called a technician out who replaced the magnetron which was fried. Since the replacement, I’ve heard the buzzing noise again a couple more times. I might ignore the buzzing if the microwave weren’t so darn inadequate in heating food. Alas, I am coming upon my 2 year warranty (although service says that it has expired as they are going off my receipt rather than install date), and I’m going to have to fight for another repair to be completed.

Original review: April 18, 2020

Bought a Wolf 60" Dual Fuel range about 10 years ago. Had quite a few problems with the thing. Circuit board had to be replaced several times - would fry if the self cleaning function was used. Despite the occasional problems, we used the range heavily, but after about seven years of use, I was fed up with the issues and was going to scrap it and get a different brand. To my amazement, Wolf offered to replace the range for less than a quarter of the original price. I figured that I had gotten at least that much use out of it and agreed. In short order, they brought in a new one and took the old one away. No problems whatsoever since then.

The stainless griddle cover was a lighter gauge steel than the cover on the original range. When I mentioned that to them and they immediately sent a heavier gauge cover with no questions asked. Also have a Subzero Pro 48 fridge and 48" Wolf outdoor grill. Both have had zero problems. My experience with these appliances is that they are beautiful and work great. Their customer service is as good or better than any product I have ever owned.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

Products look shiny and everyone loves the name brand high end status symbol.. But it ends there.. Quality is poor and flimsy..Fit and finish do not meet expectations. Oven door actually fell off. Glass leaked and inside between glass is streaked forever.. Changed Broiler after 6 - 8 uses. 4 times already.. and this is acceptable? Sears products run 20 yrs.. We got 2 yrs trouble free and thats because we were away 40% of time in Florida.. Would Never buy their products Ever again.. Boiling water in commercial kith. takes 3 mins.. On our stove..it takes 11 mins.. Think twice before you buy Wolf.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

I can only compare to Thermador ovens/cooktop that I had for 30 years with no issues. The new house I bought has the double ovens E-series. Everything I make takes way longer to bake/roast and the results are so disappointing!!! Mushy instead of crispy, no colour on baked goods... I even have to add 10 degrees or more or extra time to try and get better results. The panel is SO user UNfriendly! Hard to see and confusing! I also have 48" 6 burner and griddle. I have the same issue as others, when you set the flame the dial wants to bounce back to a different setting.

I bought the blender and the toaster for aesthetics. The Wolf toaster is not any better than a $30 Cuisinart! If you are thinking about getting the blender...think twice. It doesn't smoothly blend a smoothie unless you double the time and then some! When it's on 10 and not even half full it leaks out the top even though the lid is on correctly. It looks nice next to the cooktop and toaster but it doesn't compare to my Vitamix!! Lastly, I downloaded the App to connect bluetooth for the ovens and it doesn't work. My friend who has a much lower end oven, can control from his phone! Sometimes more expensive does not mean better!! Hope this helps a new buyer.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

We remodeled our old house. Since we are avid cooks/bakers, we decided to splurge on a Wolf. This was our purchase of a lifetime. We bought a dual fuel range with a griddle and a grill, 4 burners, a full and a half-size oven. Ours is a 48" wide model. We believed this would really improve our cooking and baking. Let me just say that the griddle and the grill have been great and lots of fun. However, for a $14,000 range, this has been a total failure. From the beginning, the oven took forever to heat up. Like, 30' for 350F. And then, we began to suspect that the temp was off. We used an oven thermometer faithfully. The oven temperature is between 40-60F lower than the temp displayed on the control.

We called a service tech. He said that even if the control says an oven has been heated to a certain temp, it likely only represents the 'air temperature' in the oven. And we should allow a good 30' to warm up. As in other reviews, he also recommended using convect. So, to recap, forget about 50% of the functionality of the ovens, use convect. And hey, want to bake a frozen pizza? It's gonna take you an hour. He replaced the bottom elements, but nothing he did helped one bit. And now the burners are doing that annoying thing where they slowly turn down. They don't stay put on the desired gas flow.

Look. Every business has a blow out at some point. No one is perfect, but that's the reason you pay so much for Wolf, right? Surely, they'll be concerned about their brand name and right this huge wrong! NOPE. I've read from some of the other reviews about rude and ineffective customer service, and that has absolutely been our experience. Wolf has not been helpful or seemingly interested in helping. In our experience, the company has tried to ignore us and hide behind an independent service contractor who does Wolf repairs. Meaning, they just keep referring us to their service contractors. The contractor only knows how to fix things, doesn't speak for Wolf. And, I suspect that when the appliances are this bad, there's not much they can do to 'fix it'. Although I'm sure they will keep trying and billing us for it!

So, we have been fighting this fight for almost 1.5 years. Now, the contractors are demanding lots of money to even show up for a service call, because the warranty ended. We should not have to pay money to finally get the product that was advertised, the one we paid so much money for. I'm really not sure that our experience could be called anything other than a rip-off. And sadly, I don't believe that there was anything that we missed. no horrible reviews, etc. So, we hope this helps future buyers. Good luck.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

For a luxury product. The quality of stainless steel is terrible. It scratches very easily. I have had other much cheaper non luxury brands and the quality of steel was much superior. After spending on a luxury product I would expect it to last under normal use. Or are we just supposed to install the product and look at the Wolf label rather than touch the product. I urge anyone thinking of purchasing a Wolf product to buy some other brand.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I am a very proficient home cook. My new Wolf range took so much time and energy to figure out, even something as simple as cookies. The stainless surround for the cooktop is very scratched. I believe they used cheap metal.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

Bought this unit and after less than a year of normal use, top glass panel shows cluster of cracks. Worst, it is not covered by warranty and will charge you for half the unit price. Service center (Better Life) not so helpful.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Regretfully I just had a $5,000 Wolf M Series wall oven installed by an authorized dealer. The oven is dead on arrival, will not work. In addition, the overall workmanship is shoddy, the door is crooked relative to the non-working control panel. The soonest Wolf can get a repairman by to take a look is a week, even though I live near a major metropolitan area. I truly regret trusting Wolf as a brand. Please do not make the same mistake, do not buy anything Wolf.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Bought Sub Zero refrigerator and Wolf dual fuel for Kitchen remodel 10 years ago. (Also bought a Bosch dishwasher that deserves 5 stars). From the beginning problems one after another. While under warranty it was okay with some help and parts replacement. Once warranty was over things got really bad and expensive. The refrigerator is essentially a $10,000 ice box—freezer side works refrigerator has never been right. For awhile we used ice from freezer to supplement refrigerator cooling now we just have a separate fridge until we can replace the POS sub zero ice box...42” built in's very expensive but not as expensive as sub zero we probably have 18000 into this junk box by now.

The wolf stove has been nothing but trouble as well. The top gas burners are okay although in 10 years we have had to replace the burners twice once under warranty once out of pocket. The oven has been poopy since day one. It is fine for one cooking cycle but cooking twice in succession especially within a few hours of each other (holidays etc.) forget about it. We plan on pre cooking and warming and grilling. The oven will not heat up to temp accurately when cooking a couple of times in succession.

Don’t bother with suggestions. We are counting down the days to get rid of this junk box as well. Even while under warranty they tried a bunch of “fixes” that did nothing they just milked us along until warranty done. 15000 dollars worth of oven and fridge should be better and last more than to the end of the warranty. My parents use a 30 year old refrigerator with no issues ever. I know this is a local company that employs many folks here in Madison and their products are absolutely beautiful but that is not enough. The stuff should work.

Wolf Cooking Appliances Company Information