Whirlpool Ranges & Ovens

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves

Research top Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Purchased double range ovens. Enamel is flaking off within 2 years. Whirlpool denies defect. They won't replace it. Any other folks with similar problems? What can I do to have it replaced? I remember the old ovens and how the enamel just stayed and stayed and stayed. Never a rust or flaking issue in those old time models. Any expertise on how the enameling process may be compromised in the newer manufacturing process (cutting corners or costs). Any options for a class action here if a commonly experienced occurrence? If similar experience drops comments/review below as a one liner - just state 'enamel defect'. That way can figure out the number of folks with issues. I'd like to take action if given the opportunity, and more so if this is a common occurrence. Lawyers are costly for one-off complaints, but there is power in numbers (think United Airlines).

I'm a renter, and I know the landlord purchased the least expensive stove for this apartment, but that shouldn't mean one has to absorb ongoing off-gassing fumes for well over a month now. The stove was installed 2-18-17, and it's now 4-6-17, still haven't been able to use it. Is this really off-gassing or is this what Americans have to contend with now! Oh and there's the little sticker that says Made in America and in small print it says designed and assembled in America, but no mention as to where the parts came from!!! The only reason I'm giving even a One Star rating is because I can't continue through this review without at least marking one star.

Why does your AquaLift self-clean feature not work? Tried numerous times & have been scrubbing all afternoon... Horrible!!! My last oven (Maytag) self-cleaning feature worked awesome, just had to vacuum out ashes & wipe down with regular soap & water. Have no idea what to do to get this oven cleaned!!! Very frustrated...

The stove started having problems about 5 months after I bought it new, it had a 1 year warranty on it so the first repair was covered but it begun to have the same problem a few months after the repair. By the time I contacted the company they told me the warranty was expired and ask if I wanted to buy another year of coverage for $300, of course I said no. I repaired it myself and once again it worked for a few months and now the problem came back. Will not heat up so don't waste your money.

My oven is less than 2 years old. The blue enamel has had cracks for over a year & was told it's cosmetic & there's nothing that they can do about that. Now it's starting to pop off. I found a few slivers in a vegetable dish! Now I can't even use the top oven because of this! It seems to only affect the bottom of the top oven. I feel that the temp may be getting too hot for the blue enamel which is another safety concern. I have contacted Whirlpool/KitchenAid to be told that if they send out a repair person he would just use a marker on chips. I was told they would give me an employee discount from $3000 to $1800 to replace but I would have to act right away for that price! Really? My oven is only 1 & a half old.

When I started researching this problem I am having I found many complaints of people having the same problem! As a consumer I feel so mad & frustrated that they are not doing anything about this since it's an ongoing complaint from so many dissatisfied consumers. I do believe it is a safety & health risk now that it's showing up in the food that has been cooked in that oven. I would urge anyone thinking of buying a Whirlpool/KitchenAid cobalt blue enamel oven not to! They will not stand behind their product & you will have to replace at your own expense. Shame on you Whirlpool!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

I bought this stove 4 years ago from Lowes. I have had nothing but problems ever since. My family is now afraid to use the stove and Whirlpool refuses to stand behind their product. The last straw was a bill for a service call that took 6 months to complete without correcting the problem. Whirlpool sent me a bill for $100 to pay for the privileged. When I complained, WP said if I paid the invoice, they would give me a deal towards a new stove. Meanwhile, the old stove does not work and we are afraid to use it, given our experience with its reliability and safety. I plan to return it to Lowes and buy anything but a Whirlpool product. Beware of Whirlpool Maytag anything!! The customer service is shameful!!

I purchased a range top from Lowe's and a month and half my burners go out. I call Whirlpool and a service technician came out. Said that he can't repair the stove because a bug had burned out the burners and he can't repair the stove. I call Whirlpool and they told me that voids my warranty with them even though my stove is not even two months old that will not repair it and I will have to pay for it to be repaired. I asked Lowe's and they told me that they only take back big appliances back before 30 days. Now I am stuck with a stove that I paid 700.00 for that does not work and I have 4 children to feed. I am sickened on how Whirlpool can do this to a hard working family that just wants a good stove. I hope this helps another hard working family. Do your research before buying from Whirlpool. I wish I would have.

First time owner of a Whirlpool range and will be the last time. Nothing but junk! I liked how the top grates were and electronic ignition. The knobs turn too easy and often when bumped will turn gas on without igniting. Very dangerous. The oven grates guides rusted almost immediately making it difficult to pull racks out. The oven light works sometimes. The glass on the oven door at the bottom came unglued. The bottom door under oven is a total waste. No use for it. In my adult life I have had different brands but this is the absolute worst and will never recommend this brand to anyone period.

This is the first time I have used a gas range. I like that the stove top is easy to keep clean and has very large capacity so I can cook anything without worrying about the pan not fitting. Pretty basic model, but does have a self clean option that I have not used yet.

I just purchased a brand new home. I have an electric wall oven with the microwave over the oven. They are both built into the wall. Can anyone tell me why a massive amount of steam is coming out. It is really bad it makes my microwave glass so bad I can see through it. It is also making my cabinets so wet I have to use a towel to dry them. Plus I got a steam burn. Can someone tell me if this is normal.

Purchased a Whirlpool Electric Range August 2015. Purchased it because it looked pretty and the Aqua Lift Cleaning feature sounded too good to be true. As it turned out it WAS too good to be true! I have just read a # of reviews about this range and I agree with all complaints. Does anyone like this range? The AquaLift cleaning technology is a joke! The baking temperature fluctuates & I could not figure out how to improve on that (for the longest time I thought it was just me not being able to figure out my new oven). The most serious concern however, happened a couple of weeks ago when I turned on the oven & immediately the oven started to smoke and an electrical smell permeated throughout the house. Had I started the oven and immediately left the house our house would no doubt have been destroyed by an explosion/fire.

Phoned Whirlpool & because the problem was so serious they had a serviceman at our door within 2 days (yes I am being sarcastic, it did take 2 days). At no time did the call centre express any concern nor did they advise me to unplug the range and to make sure I did not use it. Obviously, I would not use it but shouldn't that be something they advise as part of the checklist talking points.

Serviceman arrives 2 days later & advises us that the parts alone would cost $650.00 & oh yes the labour costs to install the parts would be charged by the minute. I didn't even ask him how much per minute because only an idiot would repair this piece of junk!! The power cord to the range had basically melted right through; you could scrape the char right off the cord. The computer part of the range was shot and had a strong electrical smell to it. The serviceman basically said that I shouldn't shoot the messenger and charged us 93.45 to tell us that it was going to be a very costly repair.

I disliked this range almost immediately and was looking forward to the day when I would have an excuse to purchase another electrical range. I did not think I would be shopping for another range within 1 1/2 years from the time I purchased this piece of crap!!! Nor did I think that there would be a possibility that this appliance could potentially be hazardous to my family and home. How long is Whirlpool going to ignore all these customer complaints? This range should be recalled! It not only is selling features such as the Aqua Lift technology that do not work properly, it is selling a potential fire hazard.

I will never again purchase any appliance that is made by Whirlpool. Whirlpool makes a lot of appliances and uses names such as Maytag, Amana. KitchenAid, etc. I have purchased another range and this one is made by Frigidaire (no connection whatsoever to Whirlpool). I don't know what my experience will be with my new Frigidaire Range but so far I am loving it! Hopefully, my new appliance will not nearly burn my house down. Whirlpool: Step up to the plate & take responsibility for the defective electrical range you are selling before there is serious harm to persons or property! THIS ELECTRIC RANGE NEEDS TO BE RECALLED - MODEL # YWFE715HDEHD.

I have a Whirlpool induction range and so far so good. I like it very much, but they can improve in overall design. Other brands like Samsung got better designs but I want it an induction range and Whirlpool had an induction one on sale.

I purchased the Whirlpool Gold series cook top range-stainless steel. It is of good quality and looks very nice. It is also easy to clean and for the price it has a self cleaning oven. I didn't think that I would like this range but over a period of time I truly love cooking on it.

Whirlpool gas range Model WFG5245LAB2 has serious flaws that are a danger. I noticed the handles to turn on the burners seem sloppy. So sloppy in fact that just brushing up against the knobs will turn the gas on. This happened when I had someone visiting and we returned you could smell gas in the house. We were none the worse since we were out however my 3 cats were in the house the entire time. Tonight I removed the large grates that go over the burners to clean the porcelain. Once again I brushed up against the handle and the back burner ignited causing me to burn my hand. This stove is a danger to all.

We moved into a new home in December. We purchased the home too late to choose our appliances or upgrade over what they install. From the start the oven has been aggravating in both the noise that it emits and the variance in actual temperature. We have had the Appliance Service out twice for these ovens. We are told that the noise which sounds like a wind tunnel is normal. It is there to keep the circuit board cool especially during the cleaning process. The noise is quite aggravating and is amplified throughout our "open" floor plan to all parts of the house.

The temperature variance has been calibrated to be more accurate, but I'm not convinced it is on the right temperature yet. I continue to give it a try, but I'm not sure if the noise of the fan in the oven is making me feel negative towards using the oven at any time. We hate to have to replace these new units with another set of double ovens, but I doubt if I can continue with this noise much longer. It will definitely not be a Whirlpool or KitchenAid double oven of any sort.

Aqualift Self Cleaning - JUNK! JUNK! JUNK! The oven does NOT heat properly and it is NOT self-cleaning. Whirlpool should be ashamed of itself. We ALL need a refund. Class Action suit looming. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!

My new Whirlpool Stove, has two grill like tops, heavy duty and awesome looking. It has a special burner to keep food warm, a stainless steel front and bottom drawer for broiler storage. Broiler is also on top in oven, broiler flame.

Our new Maytag (i.e. owned by Whirlpool) oven/range is a stainless steel pile of junk. It takes FOREVER to pre-heat. The range elements take FOREVER to heat up. And like others on here, the Aqua Lift cleaning simply does not work. We put the oven through 3 back-to-back cycles and only the bottom gets a "little" clean. What a scam.

In April of 2016 I purchased an aqua clean self cleaning oven from Colder's Furniture in West Allis Wisconsin. We were told by the sales associate that the oven was top of the line. This was a complete and utter bold face lie. I cleaned the oven for the first time the day after Christmas after having prime rib. I followed the instructions to a T on how to clean the oven. I had to turn the oven on 6 times and scrubbed the oven until my fingers were bleeding, not to mention the enamel on the inside of the oven is completely bubbling. I called the customer care center on December 31, 2016 and the representative basically said I was an idiot and did not know how to cook. They made an appointment to send a technician out on 1-5-2017.

Before hanging up the phone the technician informed me that if there was nothing wrong with it that I would have to pay for the call. At this time I became irate and refused telling them that I have not even had the stove for 8 months and that it was still covered under extended warranty. I will see what kind of smoke is blown up my rear end. The technician is sending a new sponge and scraping stick. How about someone to also clean this piece of garbage. My advice is to anyone is if anyone tells you to buy an Aquaclean self clean oven from Whirlpool run in the other direction and do not buy it. Thanks Whirlpool for the garbage and for sending me cleaning products that are not even worth a damn.

I purchased a Gas Stove from Home Depot on 11/23 and it was delivered on December 3rd. My God, I'm having a dinner party tonight and the stove doesn't heat up past 170.. Unbelievable!! Need a replacement gas range. Tried to chat and call Whirlpool unsuccessfully. I am very one disappointed customer right now!

BEWARE THE TEMP CAN BE 25 degrees off high and 25 deg lower and Whirlpool says that is within specifications. My oven temp was set at 350 and nothing was cooked... After 7 repair calls with their certified repair companies (the 2 worst repair companies that I have ever used) I was told that if you set your oven at 350 that if it stays in between 325 and 375 that Whirlpool claims that it is working fine and will not do anything. I called and talked to customer service and asked the lady that if you set your oven at 350 should it stay within a few degrees of that and she said YES.

The people that work at Whirlpool do not even know what kind of junk that their company is selling. I asked to return it and get a more expensive model hoping that it would work better but they said that they sell ovens and do not buy them. Be sure to get in writing from your sales person that your oven will constantly hold the temp within a few degrees. I tried to do the Whirlpool survey but after 11 attempts they said that there was errors in receiving and they did not get it. If you buy Whirlpool then you did not ask the right questions. I WILL NEVER BUY Whirlpool again (unfortunately I have a Whirlpool dishwasher and refrigerator that are not much better) and if you do you will say the same things and be out Thousands like I am.

I purchased this range 7 2013. I was a snowbird at the time so after November I went south. Upon returning my top oven when lit had a gas smell. It took three weeks to get someone out and was told it was the igniter and would cost 350.00 to fix. I then called dte gas for them come out as I have full house warranty. Since then five calls a new igniter and a new board just put in two weeks ago the board doesn't work. This unit has been discontinued. I would like to know why. And if there is a class action suit against. Whirlpool. Co.

We purchased Whirlpool AquaLift oven from Lowe's 10 months ago. Since then, I dread each time I use the oven because I end up cleaning it by scrubbing and using different products because AquaLift cleaning is a scam. I have arthritis in my joints especially my neck, so cleaning it by sticking my head inside is a nightmare for me. I will try to call the company and see what is going to happen. I read that someone is suing Whirlpool for this product so hopefully they will recall the product or refund us if we return it.

We bought this Whirlpool electric range in late July when our old stove literally blew up at breakfast. Unlike the local big stores, a small local store had this in stock. They assured us that the oven was self-cleaning. It is not self cleaning. It only cleans the bottom. We have spoken both to the local store and Whirlpool several times. The local store will do nothing. Whirlpool sent us a sponge and a plastic scraping stick. They told us to clean it BY HAND every time we used the oven and were very condescending. We are 75 and 77; we are not about to climb into an oven to attempt cleaning an oven that will not clean. Stay away from the "Aqua Clean" products like the plague. They do nothing, and Whirlpool will also do nothing. Next step -- court.

The oven is a joke. It does not self-clean. I have to buy oven cleaner and clean the oven like in the distant past. They are lying about it being self-cleaning. Do yourself a favor and buy a real self-cleaning oven. NEVER WHIRLPOOL.

We purchased our oven on 12/06/15. I have called and complained about the AquaLift oven on more than one occasion. This technology does not work. I would have thought that there would have FINALLY been a recall on this oven. I am a senior who thought this stove would last me for the rest of my life. I have to stand on my head to try to clean it. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER would I have purchased this if I had read any of the reviews. Buyer beware!!!

I purchased a Whirlpool range on 11/14/16 from Home Depot. I actually purchase a dishwasher and refrigerator also. I used the range for the FIRST time on Thanksgiving. The range top is marred, scratched and not able to be cleaned. Home Depot told me they would not do anything. I called Whirlpool. They are rude, talk to a person if they are a moron. I went to corporate; they treated me as I didn't have a clue to how to cook; read the directions. I was in shocked; they are replacing the range top only once. If and when this happens again I am on my own. My suggestion DO NOT buy any Whirlpool products.

I have had problems with my electric range (Whirlpool) since day one. It always ran hot. I wrote letters to Whirlpool and received one very condescending phone call. Now two days before Thanksgiving it is running terribly hot from 350 to 500 degrees. When I called Whirlpool they said the best they could do was offer me a maintenance plan for 293.00.

We bought a gas Whirlpool Stove from Lowe's. We noticed it was not heating like our last stove and thought maybe because it was new. No the stove does not heat properly at all. I cooked a pork loin for 40 minutes at 350 and it was still raw in the middle. I have had to cook everything on 375 which makes the door handles and knobs very hot. I called Lowe's and they patched me into Whirlpool after a 45 minute wait. The rep from Whirlpool said, "you can look at the manual and figure out how to calibrate it". No I can't. I have a warranty that is what it is suppose to cover. Then I was on hold for another 20 minutes. Really no one should tell you to read a manual to fix a gas stove. I will not buy another Whirlpool item. Poor customer service and that make you feel you are bothering them.

Agree with some of the other reviews. Product misrepresented to clean oven effectively and does not work at all. You have to do all the work yourself because it is so useless. Oven also does not cook evenly. Front and back of oven cook at different rates. This oven should be recalled and all money refunded to purchaser!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Whirlpool is one of the oldest names for home appliances in the U.S., with a company history stretching back to 1911. It currently sells more than $15 billion of home appliances and other products in more than 170 countries around the world.

• Kitchen stylist tools: Whirlpool's kitchen styling tools make it easy for buyers to pre-visualize how given models for cooking appliances will appear in their kitchen design.
  • Extensive heating technology: Whirlpool offers one of the industry's most extensive selections of appliances equipped with advanced heating technology like convection and induction heating.
  • Flexible appliance pairing: Whirlpool maintains multiple product lines that can be easily mixed-and-matched with other products to maintain consistent usability and design.
  • Easy support: Whirlpool offers extensive resources online for customers who need to schedule warranty support or find information about replacement parts, even for discontinued models.
  • Standalone cook tops: Whirlpool's collection of standalone cooktops is one of the largest in the industry.
  • Best for Users cooking for one, users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves