Whirlpool Ranges & Ovens
  • 1 star
Based on 51 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Whirlpool Ranges & Ovens

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 5, 2017

668 Whirlpool Ranges & Ovens Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

These products (Dishwasher, refrigerator, cooktop, and wall ovens) are less than 5 years old and everyone of is in of repair. The cooktop and wall ovens the repair on them would equal the price of a new one. I feel that the products should last more just a few years and also their warranties. This tells me they do not stand by quality of their products.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

We purchased a Whirlpool double oven. Will not hold temp for even an hour to bake. Have to preheat 30 minutes to be ready to use. Sensor built right under top element. Signals ready in few minutes! Not! Have had it replaced once, don't cook that often so was not aware how bad it was. Will never buy another Whirlpool product! Have used only them over 50 years! So disappointed.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Just bought a Whirlpool stove (WFE540H0ES) from Home Depot. Oven gave off so much heat around the handle that I burned myself opening the door... Tech came out said it wasn't supposed to do that. Called into Whirlpool to get clearance for a replacement and corporate says no to the replacement because that is normal. That's BS! If that is normal DON"T BUY A WHIRLPOOL!! BTW... They are owned by Maytag.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I love my Whirlpool LP Gas Range. Cooks great and bakes wonderful stuff. Also has a drawer under to hold pots and pans. Self Cleaning Oven. I do a lot of baking and I cook three meals a day. The burners are easy to clean off on top. I try and wipe spills up in the oven as much as possible, It has everything on it that I love, except it could have a plug in which would really nice.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

My girlfriend lives in Europe and bought a Whirlpool stove and countertop burner. She was washing dishes and heard a sound like a crack and she looked around the kitchen to find out where it came from. She looked at her stove top and there was a vertical crack down the center of it. It was turned on, no one was using it but it cracked. She tried to get a replacement glass top and the store told her they were not available. I sent an email to Whirlpool to find another one and never heard back from them. I sent a second email and that was left unanswered. After this I would never buy another stove or stove top made by Whirlpool again. Knowing that KitchenAid was bought out by Whirlpool these comments don't surprise me one bit. Whirlpool is another name for poor quality and no service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I bought a Whirlpool gas range in March of 2015. Three months later the control module went out on it. It was still covered under warranty through Whirlpool, so they send a technician out to fix it. It's now a little over a year later and the control module is out again. I call Whirlpool and ask them if it was still under warranty and if they can it fix it so they say, "you want me to send a technician out. Why?" I just assumed since they're sending a technician out but there were going to cover it. Well the technician gets here and it's not covered under warranty. And I now I have to pay a $90 service charge fee for the guy to tell me that the control modules out on it which I already knew. He's going to charge me more than the stove was worth to fix it so I declined to get it fixed.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Toni of Englewood, I have the same issue with cooking time on my Whirlpool wall oven (WFE54OHOES). Bought it in January and have not yet had a single recipe come out cooked. Outside is crisp, inside uncooked, after twice the amount of time it used to take. It's still under warranty. Service came out and told me to bake differently. That's an answer for you. I am going to pursue this issue with Best Buy where we purchased it. Whatever happened with your oven - what did you end of doing?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

NEVER EVER purchase an oven (Whirlpool oven AquaLift Self Cleaning Technology) with this technology. All of my brand new appliances are Whirlpool and I love them all; except for the oven. It's an electric range, glass top with whats suppose to be self cleaning. It's not. I had to "clean" my oven 4 times and it's still not clean. Not one thing changed. I ended up back in 1965 having to get down on my hands and knees and scrub my oven. Even with doing this; it's still not clean. I hate it. My last Whirlpool cleaned the old fashion way; with high heat and it baked to a white finish that I just wiped clean. Perfection every time. AquaLift is just some sales hype. Even in their brochures they suggest using one of their cleaners if it doesn't all come off. Well guess what; you'll end up using a complete bottle trying to clean your oven. Zero stars given.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I am somewhat satisfied with my induction range. We ordered it just before Thanksgiving from Lowe’s a year and a half ago. We were told that we would have it before Christmas, which was fine with me. I don’t cook for Thanksgiving. Just a lot of Christmas baking. It turned out that Whirlpool had not started making our range until January and it wasn’t delivered until mid-January. It had been really good until about a month ago, when it blew the circuit breaker. My husband was cooking dinner while I was at work and it just blew the circuit breaker. No power surge in the rest of the house. No other circuit breakers affected. When the power was turned back on, two burners were out. As it turns out, the main circuit board is dead. So now the one large burner, a small burner and the ovens don’t work. There are two circuit boards for each oven. When it is working, it is a great stove. However when it doesn’t work, it is costly and takes a while to get repaired.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

We purchased our Whirlpool Refrigerator, oven, and microwave a little more than a year ago. Not a single negative event with any of these products and my wife and I wholeheartedly recommend Whirlpool for operation and last ability, unlike the products we replaced them with.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

We purchased the gas slide in range with gas oven. Immediately the temperature would hold a consistent heat, therefore it continually reset with a start sound (swoosh) every 5 minutes. The manual says it will do this, but clearly this is not normal. Then, the oven stopped working, showing an error message 'FBE0', that the cooling fan is not at high enough speeds! It sounds as though, along with hundreds of other people, we have all been ripped off! If anyone can please tell me what can be done about these defective stoves, I would appreciate it, thanks very much!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

My Whirlpool range is a great buy and it cooks well. I have never had a brand new range that snaps, crackles, and pops. It was letting me know that it needed to be broken in and used for a while. I have had it for a few years now and it is just now getting broken in well. I do not even smell the brand new burn smell it use to give off anymore. Awesome!!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I usually prefer Kenmore products but my Whirlpool stove was already installed and it looks great. It is easy to clean and use. So far so good. It has great value for the price and no service issues.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

We have had our Whirlpool oven for 3 years now. They make top of the line products and the oven cooks very well. I have cooked a lot of cakes and cupcakes in my Whirlpool oven. If I had to buy another oven it would be a Whirlpool.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

My gas range doesn't work all that well. Sometimes the flame catches and lights, sometimes it doesn't. Oven seems to be less than steady in cooking. It is ok, but I wouldn't buy again.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Whirlpool has electronic controls allowing exact temperature settings. It is an excellent range and it has a storage drawer under the oven for storage of pots and pans. It also has sealed burners so no gunk gets under the burners.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I am sure this will be removed quickly... But my advice to my fellow consumers is do not purchase Whirlpool appliances. They do not stand behind their products and they are a nightmare to deal with. I purchased my range (Model WEE730H0D50) May 8, 2017 and from that day the oven never work (the board was out on a brand new product). They arranged a service tech to come out 3 times. Each time the service tech discovered the replace board was damaged. So I have not been able to use my oven since I bought it in May. 3 months later now the stove top stopped working. You would think after all these issues they would replace their product. But nope I have to wait 2 weeks to get this lemon "serviced" again... I have young children at home which makes things worse...

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

During the initial warranty the oven was not heating properly. Several service calls within the warranty issue was not resolved. Whirlpool extended the warranty another year as of this date and several service calls problem not resolved. When a tech comes out there is a diagnostic check that checks the temp for 10 min. Since the temp drops after 10 min they cannot detect problem. I asked for the tech to remain for the complete cooking period which they cannot do. I have wasted many meals and still have a oven that does not work.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I purchased this Whirlpool Aqualift oven at now bankrupt HH Gregg so my recourse is limited. I loved the look of the slide in range and the salesman raved about the quality of this appliance. First the ceramic top is a nightmare to keep clean, not mentioned at purchase. The Aqualift feature is totally useless. I use my oven on a very limited basis. Putting water in the bottom of oven does absolutely nothing to clean oven and even less on sides and oven door. I spent a substantial amount of money on this so called self clean oven and I am so disappointed in results. It does not get off even a minimum of spots, I would hate to have something actually spill over. Aqualift does not work and then you are advised to not use anything else to clean it, so what now?

Original review: July 9, 2017

I purchased a Whirlpool electric stove WFE540HOES 3 weeks ago from Best Buy. 2 Main complaints: Extended cooking time when using the oven. Food that should bake in 14 minutes was taking 25. Food that should bake in 30 minutes was taking 50, etc. The big issue was that the exterior of the stove was getting extremely HOT when using the oven. The area behind the handle and the storage drawer were so hot I had to use a towel to open it w/o getting burned. Thought it was a faulty stove so I exchanged it for the same model. Just got the replacement and it's worse than the 1st one! The heat permeates from the bottom of the door and heats up the storage drawer below. The area behind the handle and the enamel edge of the stove get so hot. It's definitely a safety hazard if not fire hazard. Anyone else experience this??? It's going back!

Original review: June 28, 2017

Purchased electric double oven range WGE555SOBS02, from Lowe's end of 2014. Couple months it came on by itself, middle of night, 879°. Repaired panel 3x, then Lowe's replaced stove, middle 2015. 6/26/2017 error message F2E1, control panel... stuck / shorted key. Out of warranty. Lowe's and Whirlpool both claim no previous complaints. They will send repairman to assess problem, $150.

Original review: June 11, 2017

The inside glass of the oven door shattered. I have not used the oven for months. Only the the top cooking burners have been used. It's a mystery to me!! I have read complaints where the glass shattered while the oven was in use or being cleaned, but have found none where this happened to a cold oven. The large front burner is too hot. Even on the lowest setting everything burns. You cannot simmer, only boil. The control knobs have (in my opinion) no safety mechanism. I thought that the control knobs on stoves needed to be child proofed, hard for a child to turn on. My last stove you had to push down quite hard then turn to the setting. Not this stove. I have to be so careful when I'm cleaning the area around the knobs. The slightest pressure and the knob turns.

When I first purchased the stove while cleaning it, I unknowingly turned the knob and the kitchen filled with gas before I realized what had happened. I called Whirlpool thinking something was "broken". They sent out a repairman. Nothing was broken. That is the way it is made. Customer Service said they had had no other complaints about the knobs. I find that hard to believe. My toddler grandchild can turn on the stove with ease. I'm sure other concerned parents etc. have had this complaint. To sum it up... I will probably never purchase a Whirlpool product again.

Original review: May 30, 2017

Whirlpool claims this technology works to clean the oven; however after one month of use and one casserole spill, we attempted 3x to use this system and the cleaning process was a total failure. The gravy spill on the bottom and mild oil residue on the sides from roasted vegetables was the same as before the cleaning cycle was tried. The cleaning kit accessory from the company was a joke. It consisted of 2 sponges and a small scraper! We purchased the slide in model WEE745HOFS. Buyers of any and all Whirlpool products with Aqualift BEWARE... It does not work. We have since replaced the product with a range with the traditional cleaning process system that has worked for decades in most major brands.

Original review: May 30, 2017

I bought a Whirlpool Range 19-Jul-2016. It has a 1-year manufacturer warranty. The cooktop stains very easily and finally (after 10 months use) I could not get it clean with any recommended product and lots of elbow grease. I was referred by Hudson's Bay store to contact the manufacturer as the product was still under warranty. I did so and explained the problem and said in my opinion the cooktop needs to be replaced. I was told that Whirlpool would not honour the warranty and in fact would charge $120 for the first 30 minutes for a technician to visit, and costs would escalate from there. My experience shows this company does not honour its warranty, so beware!

Original review: May 26, 2017

Remember the old movie classic Network, with the line, "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore"? Well, that is me and my new self-cleaning Whirlpool ranges that requires a manual cleaning kit (provided by Whirlpool after my purchase). I am angry enough that I have approached an attorney and I hope that if you have your own story about an AquaLift fail, you will include it on my website **. Thanks...

Original review: May 26, 2017

Purchased a Whirlpool gas range (WFG320M0BB0) about one year ago. It looks very nice with a glass cover oven door but the quality is poor. A simple four burner gas range with no fancy functions. 3 months ago the glass plate covering the oven door is falling off. It reveals behind the glass that it was only taped to the metal door frame with a double sided tape about 8 inches long. The tape failed and the plate glass is loosely hanging from the top. Last week, the boiler and the oven would not turn on. Use the control board to set the oven/boiler temperature to 350 and push start. Only hear a click sound, the display shows 100 degree and the oven and boiler would not start. Unplugged the power to try to reset the control board. Did not correct the problem. The particular unit is only about one year old. I find the product is of general poor quality.

Original review: April 12, 2017

Purchased double range ovens. Enamel is flaking off within 2 years. Whirlpool denies defect. They won't replace it. Any other folks with similar problems? What can I do to have it replaced? I remember the old ovens and how the enamel just stayed and stayed and stayed. Never a rust or flaking issue in those old time models. Any expertise on how the enameling process may be compromised in the newer manufacturing process (cutting corners or costs). Any options for a class action here if a commonly experienced occurrence? If similar experience drops comments/review below as a one liner - just state 'enamel defect'. That way can figure out the number of folks with issues. I'd like to take action if given the opportunity, and more so if this is a common occurrence. Lawyers are costly for one-off complaints, but there is power in numbers (think United Airlines).

Original review: April 6, 2017

I'm a renter, and I know the landlord purchased the least expensive stove for this apartment, but that shouldn't mean one has to absorb ongoing off-gassing fumes for well over a month now. The stove was installed 2-18-17, and it's now 4-6-17, still haven't been able to use it. Is this really off-gassing or is this what Americans have to contend with now! Oh and there's the little sticker that says Made in America and in small print it says designed and assembled in America, but no mention as to where the parts came from!!! The only reason I'm giving even a One Star rating is because I can't continue through this review without at least marking one star.

Original review: April 2, 2017

Why does your AquaLift self-clean feature not work? Tried numerous times & have been scrubbing all afternoon... Horrible!!! My last oven (Maytag) self-cleaning feature worked awesome, just had to vacuum out ashes & wipe down with regular soap & water. Have no idea what to do to get this oven cleaned!!! Very frustrated...

Original review: April 1, 2017

The stove started having problems about 5 months after I bought it new, it had a 1 year warranty on it so the first repair was covered but it begun to have the same problem a few months after the repair. By the time I contacted the company they told me the warranty was expired and ask if I wanted to buy another year of coverage for $300, of course I said no. I repaired it myself and once again it worked for a few months and now the problem came back. Will not heat up so don't waste your money.

Whirlpool expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Whirlpool is one of the oldest names for home appliances in the U.S., with a company history stretching back to 1911. It currently sells more than $15 billion of home appliances and other products in more than 170 countries around the world.

• Kitchen stylist tools: Whirlpool's kitchen styling tools make it easy for buyers to pre-visualize how given models for cooking appliances will appear in their kitchen design.

• Extensive heating technology: Whirlpool offers one of the industry's most extensive selections of appliances equipped with advanced heating technology like convection and induction heating.

• Flexible appliance pairing: Whirlpool maintains multiple product lines that can be easily mixed-and-matched with other products to maintain consistent usability and design.

• Easy support: Whirlpool offers extensive resources online for customers who need to schedule warranty support or find information about replacement parts, even for discontinued models.

• Standalone cook tops: Whirlpool's collection of standalone cooktops is one of the largest in the industry.

• Best for: Users cooking for one, users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs