1.18/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

716 Whirlpool Ranges & Ovens Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

The electric Whirlpool double oven range seemed like a good choice for a single person. I bought it in 2016 around the same time I had some personal setbacks. After finding my emotional equilibrium I decided to return to my much loved baking. While I have no other complaints on this range the ovens are a problem for baking. The digital oven temperature readout doesn't reflect temperature fluctuations in the ovens. Once you enter your desired baking temp the readout never changes even after you open and close the oven door say to take out cookies.

Given some of my poor results I suspect even when I'm not opening and closing the oven door the temperature is not maintained. I was going to get an oven thermometer but the user manual says it won't reflect an accurate temperature due to way the elements cycle to provide a consistent temperature. Ha! If you want to bake this is not the range for you. My inconsistent results and too often wasted ingredients frustrate me no end.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Bought a Whirlpool Gas Range model WFG530S0ES0 in Nov 2015. Eleven months into owning it the oven wouldn't heat up. Turns out the motherboard and wiring harness needed replaced. Since it was within a year of purchase, parts and labor were covered. Dec 2018 the same darn thing happened. I called Whirlpool and they basically said, "Tough luck, lady". Was I surprised, not in the least. I talked to a supervisor who said that they don't have a single complaint on their Gas Ranges. Did I believe that, not in the least. Whirlpool finally agreed to pay for the parts but not the labor. Whirlpool supervisor said that equipment failure occurs. I said there's a difference between reasonable equipment failure and unreasonable equipment failure. For a 3 year old Whirlpool gas range to failure twice, with the same problem, is unreasonable failure. The supervisor said in such a pleasant voice, "Basically too bad for you. Oh and have a Merry Christmas."

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Bought a built in oven August 30, 2018. Oven stopped heating two weeks before Thanksgiving. Repairman "fixed" it. It is not working again, two weeks later. Bought from Best Buy. They will not take it back. Whirlpool will not replace it. UGH!!! $ 1,600 down the drain. Will no one help?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

We purchased our oven new in a package deal with the rest of our kitchen appliances four years ago. The bottom heating element in the oven has already stopped working. Every oven I have seen in my life has lasted a minimum of 15 years, and most 20. All I can say is DO NOT BUY WHIRLPOOL APPLIANCES! In the past 4 years, we've had the repair technician work on the Whirlpool refrigerator (once), dishwasher (3 times), and microwave (3 times). Now, the stove isn't working correctly, making this a total of 8 home visits by the Whirlpool repairman. Whirlpool is manufacturing trash for the landfill now, not quality lasting appliances.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Whirlpool® Gold® 5.8CuFt Capacity | GAS Stainless - This was not an inexpensive stove. The self cleaning oven function is a total failure. You are not supposed to use oven cleaner on the glass, it now has obscured the view into the oven. The top of the stove is very difficult or impossible to clean. The knobs are a dangerous issue. They will fall off at the slightest touch and the stainless markers around the knob are just a stick on label. The oven temperature is not accurate. The bottom drawer is completely rust spots on the inside. What more can I say. Oh I know. Whirlpool your quality is a disgrace and I want a refund.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

It just doesn't work at all. Spills are still there after running it three or four times back to back. Called Whirlpool. They could care less. What is really sad that the appliance store Sargent Appliance in MI stores know of the problem and don't want to help anyone.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I recently renovated my kitchen and was so excited to have a new range. Loved the looks of this one so I bought it. I’ve had it a little over a year now, and am so disappointed. The “stainless” trim around the knob area is peeling and the AquaLift self-clean DOES NOT WORK! After the AquaLift cycle, there was a watery mess in the bottom of the oven which was difficult to clean up. It would have been better if I had cleaned it the conventional way. I’m not sure what to do at this point. The area where the trim peeled off looks awful and is very noticeable. Take my advice and do not buy!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

We bought a Whirlpool range. The same day we got it the burner exploded and my electricity went off. I called the customer service to request a replace, they told me a technician had to go and look at it. They did. I had to miss a day of work as they come between 9 to 5 pm (will not tell you what time). The guy say the range is defective (really!??) and will need to request parts. I called them again (after 15 times you wait minimum 30 min each time). They told me they can replace the parts. I said I bought a new appliance not an use one. Money back. Told me somebody will contact me. Week later nobody contact me and still waiting 30 min each time. I called nobody answer my calls. I wonder I may get somebody if I wait hours? No idea. Please do not buy from this guys... They are bad in all the way.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Our whirlpool gas range has a defect - the material around the control panel is peeling and flaking; it is not possible to clean it and it is likely going to get into our food. It has not been cleaned with anything harsh - I use warm soapy water or stainless steel cleaner. I use the same thing on my other appliances and they look fine. I am waiting for a tech to come and look at it but after reading other complaints I fear that they are going to say it is cosmetic and it is not covered. Sadly, we can no longer wipe the control panel if it is dirty because the "stainless steel" is flaking off and it gets all over the burners and I am concerned it will get into our food. I am willing to bet the paint that is flaking off is not approved for consumption.

I wish I had our old Frigidaire Gallery Series range back. I regret replacing it. Whirlpool was not helpful. They told me to contact the place I purchased it. The place I purchased it said it is a manufacturer's defect. Someone suggested painting it with stainless steel colored spray paint which sounds like it is going to look awful. The new panel is $148 but it will need to be installed and if there is a defect how often will I have to replace it? I am very disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

The trim on the front the my Whirlpool electric range has rubbed off. This is where the knobs for the "burners" are located. It was replaced once during the Whirlpool 1 year warranty (so it obviously happened with the first year!) and again during the second year we have had it. We have an extended warranty but have been told that it is not covered. It is ecstatically unacceptable. We have not used any type of harsh cleansers on it - simply a sponge to remove any spills yet it keeps on disappearing. I strongly recommend against buying any range from Whirlpool as it is quite obvious that they do not stand behind their products beyond the first year.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I purchased Whirlpool Slide-In 30" Gas SS Conventional Range. Terrible product quality. After about three years of use, the range shows an error message "cooling fan is too low". I wasn't able to use the oven. Abt Services came in to do the repair. One month after the cooling fan was installed, the same message came up again. When Abt Services replaced the cooling fan again, the display was completely out. The cost of the repair parts is over $800. Are you kidding me! I paid $1500 for the range. Now I need to pay $800 to repair. Whirlpool didn't offer any discount for repairing the defective product but offered purchase similar product at a discount price. I will never ever pay a dime for Whirlpool product. It is a nightmare using the product. I learned my lesson. No Whirlpool product again in our house.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I bought a dual oven Whirlpool 2 years back. This range keeps breaking knobs that are such a poor quality. I have bought knobs from Whirlpool 7 times already then got PSEG home service and they are tired with the quality itself. Save your money and buy another make! Poor customer service and the worst experience is what I have gained on buying this make. Have old mother at home and this headache only created more issues to help her with cooking.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

4 year old gas range, used self clean mode yesterday, for first time, upon completion opened oven door, not very clean and found 1/2 moon shaped raised crack in center of oven floor. Customer service insisting repair tech must come at cost of $60.00 to determine cause. I believe this is manufacturing defect, that they are not willing to admit. Offered big discount on new range. NO MORE WHIRLPOOL FOR ME!!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I purchased Whirlpool gas range with AquaLift Self Cleaning Tech exactly a year ago. DOES NOT WORK!!! The only Self that cleans will be you on your hands and knees. Still don't know what to use. Manual says do not use oven cleaner or abrasive or you void the warranty. Ok Whirlpool any suggestions? Soap and mild detergent not cutting it. You would think with all the customers complaining about this feature the bright engineers that designed this would come up with a solution.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I purchased this rather expensive gas range and use the oven very little. We are empty nesters that eat out every day. Went to use oven and it had error code for cooling fan. Called repairman who replaced sensor and oven worked (literally used two times in 4 months). Now error code again. When I checked the code I realized this is a problem with these stoves. Whirlpool why no recall or free fix?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Purchased a gas stove June 10th, three days later smelled gas. Called the store where I purchased item, they gave Whirlpool 800#. They set an appointment 2 weeks out. Got part then burners only clicked. They ordered more parts. Now top range works. Started to use oven and got extremely hot. Called store. They referred back to Whirlpool. After hour and half they scheduled appointment. First appointment he didn't have tools to check temperature. Rescheduled for following week. He said oven was off 30 degrees. I then went to store to ask to return item. They said up to Whirlpool. On phone with Whirlpool over two hours, them switching from one department to another. No help. They insist on fixing again tearing up unit in my new wood floors. Don't buy anything from them.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I bought my Whirlpool induction stove several years ago. We normally use a toaster oven for baking as we are only 2 in our home. Last year I decided to cook a large turkey for the family. I threw the turkey into the oven and started cooking it. After an hour or so I decided to start cooking the potatoes etc on the stovetop portion. My potatoes started cooking and my element shut down. I did everything I could to get it going but finally resorted to the manual to see if there was a suggestion. The suggestion was that the oven had heated the burners too high and that I had to shut off the burners and wait for 5 minutes and try again to use them. The oven was only cooking at 300F. I waited 15 mins to get it running again.

The stovetop went out once again and I had to stop cooking. Conversely I've had the same issue with the oven. I've been cooking in the oven and have had it shut down as a way to address the stovetop being too hot. How am I suppose to cook on this unit with any kind of confidence? I did an online chat with a rep today and they suggested getting a technician over to the house. I was told I could pay $129 to have them look at it. This is obviously a design flaw that I was never told about prior to my purchase and would never have bought had I known. Shame on Whirlpool!

Original review: July 16, 2018

I purchased an Induction Stove in January 2018. The purchase included a $650 cookware incentive. I have been trying to get my cookware for 7 months!!! I call every month and I get an excuse every month. No one calls me back as promised, I have been told I will have it in 5 business days, that excuse was 3 months ago. I just filed a BBB complaint. I want my cookware or $650. My next step is a complaint with the Attorney Generals Office!

Original review: July 13, 2018

Bought a Whirlpool range in Nov. Within a month the large burners fell apart and the reflector bowls discolored from normal use. Call Whirlpool and they sent out replacements. Within a month the first replacement fell apart and the new bowls discolored from heat again. I held off calling until the second burner fell apart and this time when I called I was told I would have to stay home to wait for a service call to have burners replaced which I could do myself and that the bowls aren't covered and that it normal for them to discolor with normal use. They said I should wrap them in foil to protect them.

They appear to prefer wasting time and money rather making a good product. The burner bowls from my old GE stove are still shiny after many years of use but Whirlpools cant hold the finish for a month. Please note I was an appliance tech and ran an appliance repair business for 18 years. These failures are not normal or acceptable. I will never buy Whirlpool again.

Original review: June 23, 2018

We have owned Whirlpool Oven/Range for 3 years, and about 4 times a year, on oven setting over 400 degrees, we get an error message, beeping, and the oven needs to be reset. We also own other Whirpool appliances, and caveat emptor. Buy another brand, please.

Original review: June 6, 2018

We purchased this Kitchen Aid stove December 7, 2016. I don't use the oven much, but have found that when it gets a little dirty and I use the Aqua Life function, it does not clean. Have tried by setting a pan of water in the bottom and raising the temperature to 300 degrees, but nothing cleans. We went with this feature to be more environmentally responsible. Leon's, where we purchased the stove, claims that they have heard nothing of this issue and have not been informed of this by their head office.

Original review: June 3, 2018

We purchased our Whirlpool range a few months ago. We have the 6.1 cubic oven which is large inside with 5th element on top for keeping things warm which is a nice feature. The oven wipes easily if any spills occur. The only issue I have had is the top scratches easily. I used Creams Brute to clean the top which does well.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I bought my new ceramic top electric range/oven with convection, and the aqua-lift cleaning system in spring 2017. The aqualift cleaning function is a joke, so be prepared to be down on your hands and knees scrubbing. I'm careful, and I've not spilled anything yet, but the oven still gets splatters from roasting meats, etc. I'd hate to see what I'll have to deal with when I actually let something spill. Today, as I was down on my hands and knees trying to clean it, I noticed that the enamel is chipping off where the oven racks slide in. Great. I have never had an oven where the enamel came off, much less within a year. I am struggling with heart failure, and I am not up to fighting with Whirlpool.

Original review: April 14, 2018

The oven will not turn off. When I called Whirlpool and told them what had happened they immediately put me in contact with the safety division. My question is if it is a safety issue, why is there not a recall and why do I have to pay for the circuit board. If there is a safety issue why is there not a recall.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I am very very unhappy with Whirlpool gold series. We paid more thinking it was better and don't waste your money. I have had the whole package for 3 yrs and every one has broken down. First my dishwasher wasn't cleaning. I had to take the thing apart and clean all bars and still is not cleaning right. My ice maker quit working and then started leaking under fridge. I had to have the water intake valve replaced. And now my oven says it's at 350 and won't bake anything. I think the element has gone bad. This is complete junk. I should have known better and got LG.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I was so excited for this stove top and oven - Whirlpool Gold AccuBake (especially at the price we paid for it!). We've owned it for 13 years now, and in that 13 years, we have had to have the computer replaced 6 times now. The latest replacement being last week (Friday). The oven is still making clicking noises like the igniter wants to start and it is frustrating and annoying. It will do this for a 3-hour stretch numerous times throughout the day and night. Had a repairman here last week and he replaced the computer AGAIN! But the igniter clicking noise continues.

Original review: March 18, 2018

March 18, 2018. I was called today to inform me that the right front burner on my new stove Model # WEG745H0FS0 (ordered in early September and not delivered until mid-October from Menards) was not operating properly. The flame was noisy and yellow. I inspected it and found that the front burner base was substantially damaged by heat. See photo (Whirlpool stove part damage1). On inspection of the other front burner base, I discovered early signs of the same problem. (Note changes on burner base on the left of the photo.)

In this photo (Whirlpool stove part damage2.JPG), you can see the damage to the burner base and also see some changes on the 3 to 5 O’clock position on the burner base on the left of the photo. This stove is less than 6 months old. The fact that the burner parts can be melted indicate poor design and danger to the owner/operator of the stove. Further, the operator's manual for the stove I bought does not include any information on the model I have. It has pictures of the range top similar to mine but the model number is completely different. In addition to this, the "Aqua-Lift Technology" for cleaning the oven is completely ineffective. This is noted in several other "reviews" of this equipment. The problem noted by the other review became obvious the very first day I tried to use this range. A 2 cup pot spilled all over the cooktop as soon as I put it on the grate.

Original review: March 16, 2018

There are plenty of reviews on this board already about how the so called "AquaLift technology" for oven cleaning is completely worthless so I won't repeat what they have already so eloquently described. "AquaLift" has managed to take us back in time to around 1947 or whenever it was before the old easy off oven cleaner was invented. I purchased the cleaning kit (affinity) as well but it doesn't do much of anything. The only people who might consider purchasing a stove with "AquaLift" are those who do no roasting or broiling of meat. The oven looks beautiful, so maybe it could be for those who enjoy a show kitchen and prefer takeout.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I bought a 3 burner glass hob under your built-in cooktop category (model no. AKCG 930-90 cm) in Nov. 2015 from Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. In the month of April 2015 I started having problems with the medium burner. The problems was rectified on 29-4-2017 after some replacements that cost me Rs. 5000. After two months again the same problem occurred, the medium burner was not igniting again, I registered a complaint on 5-7-2017, the representative came and did some maintenance and left but the same problem resurfaced after a few days.

I was fed up of complaining and started using the burner during necessity by placing a weight on top of the knob. Finally on 15th Feb 2018 while I was using the stove the glass top cracked into pieces. My experience of the company's built-in cooktop is horrible and bitter. Every time I registered a complaint the representatives used to attend the complaint after 2 weeks and that too after so many phone calls. I am really dissatisfied with the service and quality of the product. I therefore strongly recommend customers not to buy this product.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Whirlpool Electric Convection Range - We purchased a Whirlpool fridge, range and microwave, I am finally sending my review after another of many frustrations with the AquaLift self cleaning oven. NEVER, NEVER buy one unless you love cleaning your oven. The temperature goes to 160 for 40 minutes, it does nothing to clean your oven. I called the co. we bought it from. The fellow said, "Oh you should clean your oven weekly," really there are 2 of us and I use the oven maybe 2-3 times a week without spillovers. When I do have spillovers I use the AquaLift waste of time, then have to spray it down with Affresh Spray the co. I bought the range from recommended, still have to scrub hard to remove built on spills. Save yourself the money and frustration. Buy anything but a range with AquaLift self cleaning.

Whirlpool expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Whirlpool is one of the oldest names for home appliances in the U.S., with a company history stretching back to 1911. It currently sells more than $15 billion of home appliances and other products in more than 170 countries around the world.

• Kitchen stylist tools: Whirlpool's kitchen styling tools make it easy for buyers to pre-visualize how given models for cooking appliances will appear in their kitchen design.

• Extensive heating technology: Whirlpool offers one of the industry's most extensive selections of appliances equipped with advanced heating technology like convection and induction heating.

• Flexible appliance pairing: Whirlpool maintains multiple product lines that can be easily mixed-and-matched with other products to maintain consistent usability and design.

• Easy support: Whirlpool offers extensive resources online for customers who need to schedule warranty support or find information about replacement parts, even for discontinued models.

• Standalone cook tops: Whirlpool's collection of standalone cooktops is one of the largest in the industry.

• Best for: Users cooking for one, users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs