Whirlpool Ranges & Ovens

Whirlpool Ranges & Ovens

3.2/5 (1770 ratings)

About Whirlpool Ranges & Ovens

Whirlpool Ranges & Ovens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool Ranges & Ovens?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

Purchased to replace a previous smooth top Whirlpool with no knobs. That was a Schott Ceran cooktop. Loved it, but due to an accident the top was cracked and we decided to replace it. Cleaned easily, completely and with no streaks. The new one is not Schott Ceran and cannot get it clean without streaks. Contacted Whirlpool and they said they have no knowledge of dissatisfaction. They must not read the reviews. Difficulty cleaning is probably the top issue. The cooktop itself is quite good but still prefer the old smooth top with touch controls.

Original review: July 29, 2022

We had control panel failure with each of two uses of the self-cleaning feature with careful following of the step-by-step instructions in the manual. I feel certain this cannot be an issue that's never been reported to Whirlpool(WP) with other consumers. They refused to cover the issue, but thankfully we had a home warranty.

Sadly, when the home warranty company reached out directly to WP for them to service the device, WP reported (after 3 weeks of attempts) that they were not receiving the service requests from the warranty company. They refused to service their own product. Another well-known and established company sent a repair person to problem solve and install parts. It is noteworthy that when we purchased our home, the owner had remodeled the kitchen just 2 years prior to our move-in. The kitchen and appliances appeared new and the owners had obviously not used them often, or at all. The home was vacant long before move in. The first oven failure occurred at 2 years old and now again at 4 years old. It would appear the control panel lasts for under 2 years.

It is frustrating that WP would not stand behind their product or service their product under a reputable 3rd party home warranty company issued service requests 5 times. But, the real hook, line, and sinker, is how disappointed we are that we can't use the self cleaning feature on a $4000 oven. We will be replacing the oven in the future, but not with another WP; that is for certain. I think Whirlpool's niche are washers and perhaps they are still quite good at that. Perhaps they should stick with washers.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 5, 2022

My wife and I purchased a Whirlpool electric range/oven three years ago. The oven stopped working, and we discovered the control panel/board needed replaced. Even with an extended warranty; Whirlpool was unwilling repair, replace or refund the oven. A control panel should be good for the service life of the oven, so I guess Whirlpool ovens are only good for a few years. I've priced control panels locally and online, and they cost nearly as much as a new oven. My wife and I have decided to buy a new range/oven. It will not be a Whirlpool.

Original review: June 29, 2022

I have to say that I am someone who has never written a negative review. That said, the KitchenAid double wall oven I purchased for $3,000 is an astonishingly poor assembly, reflecting a complete lack of interest in quality control during the manufacturing process. After it was installed, no one could miss that the doors were both badly askew. Whirlpool promptly sent a tech to make a warranty repair, but the problem could not be repaired. So, today, Whirlpool installed a replacement under the warranty.

The doors on the replacement unit are not askew; they are simply in the wrong place, leaving a 1/16" space on the right margin and a nearly 3/8" space on the left margin. There is clearly a fundamental flaw in their manufacturing process. Where is this junk assembled and by whom? Why don't they seem to care about their product?

Original review: June 21, 2022

I move to my new house May 31/2022, days after I out something to cook in the oven and catch on fire, the door is overheating and is going to damage my kitchen cabinets, I burned my leg mildly because the gas range is overheating outside very unsafe. Whirlpool technician said is normal and will be adding insulation to the door. More neighbors have same issues, the problem the hiuse is with gas range included and century homes said is whirpool sending technician and don’t want to gave us something different. Please don’t purchase anything at whirlpool, lack of responsibility when they already have several complaints about this same gas range. They are waiting for a deadly issue to happens to recall or solve this problem.

Original review: June 8, 2022

I purchased a new Whirlpool range from Lowe's 12/2016. I took out the extended warranty (expired 2021). My range is the coil burner, last year a repairman had to replace (for a second time) a part because my burner stopped working. Fast forward to present day....the pigtail my burner connects to has burnt to a crisp. I have notified Whirlpool and am currently waiting to see if they contact me. I haven't abused my range, as I do normal cooking and occasional home canning. I can't help but believe this is a malfunction with the range as there is no other explanation. I guess I will find out (maybe) from Whirlpool. I would recommend to stay away from Whirlpool. FYI, my Whirlpool appliances were purchased in a package and included a fridge that currently the ice maker half way works and dishwasher that currently will not heat dry. Buyer beware.

Original review: May 31, 2022

I purchased a WOS72EC0HV convection bake wall oven directly from Whirlpool on January 30, 2021, the total cost $2,171.80. The oven broke for the second time in February 2022, now under extended warranty and just 13 months old. Whirlpool attempted to deliver the part to fix the oven on four different occasions and none of the parts were the right part and now I am told I have to take a buyout of $1,401 because the part is not available for that model number. As of today, Whirlpool is still selling that same model oven, but don't have the parts to fix it. I am so disgusted with Whirlpool and its brand.

Original review: May 29, 2022

I ordered a $2k gas range and it was delivered on 04.05.22. After installation, the range would not work. I called Whirlpool.com (I ordered direct) and asked for them to pick up the range and replace it. They insisted that the issue was installation and informed me that I had to wait until their contracted repair company (in Tucson) would come out and diagnose the issue. We waited almost one month for the repair company to come out and let us know that the conduction panel needed replacement along with the electrical panel. The repair company told us that it would be 2-3 weeks for the parts to come in. Meanwhile, I have been staying in touch with Whirlpool asking for a complete replacement.

After waiting another 2-3 weeks, I reached back out to the repair company and they told me that they didn't have an ETA on the parts because they were backordered. Not only could they not locate the product through their manufacturer but Whirpool was also out of stock. I called Whirlpool and was told that there was an expedited order placed (after I called) and that now I would have to wait 21 business days for resolution. If the part cannot be located within 21 business days, my case would be escalated to another department that would try and locate the parts. If the parts cannot be located, I would then be passed to a second department for a replacement review. At this point, I have been waiting almost 2 months without a working gas range. I charged back the purchase to PayPal Credit yesterday and they have been really helpful.

Original review: May 11, 2022

New home so the oven came with the home. The timing and on and off button are a joke. You can't just turn it on..if you don't press start again...it does not turn on. You can't use the timer and see the oven temp at the same time DUMB DESIGN! I've had it with thinking the oven is on and it is not. I'm no dummy and can generally figure out how to operate a simple oven. Very dumb displays!

Original review: March 14, 2022

My double oven is less than 2 years old. I just used the self-cleaning feature on the bottom oven and now it won't work at all. I understand that this is a common problem with Whirlpool ovens and I will never buy another Whirlpool appliance again. What a piece of junk! I have used self-cleaning on my ovens ever since they were invented and have never had a problem before.

Whirlpool author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Whirlpool is one of the oldest names for home appliances in the U.S., with a company history stretching back to 1911. It currently sells more than $15 billion of home appliances and other products in more than 170 countries around the world.

• Kitchen stylist tools: Whirlpool's kitchen styling tools make it easy for buyers to pre-visualize how given models for cooking appliances will appear in their kitchen design.

• Extensive heating technology: Whirlpool offers one of the industry's most extensive selections of appliances equipped with advanced heating technology like convection and induction heating.

• Flexible appliance pairing: Whirlpool maintains multiple product lines that can be easily mixed-and-matched with other products to maintain consistent usability and design.

• Easy support: Whirlpool offers extensive resources online for customers who need to schedule warranty support or find information about replacement parts, even for discontinued models.

• Standalone cook tops: Whirlpool's collection of standalone cooktops is one of the largest in the industry.

Whirlpool Ranges & Ovens Company Information