Whirlpool Ranges & Ovens
1.76/5
  • 1 star
Based on 50 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Whirlpool Ranges & Ovens

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 14, 2018

677 Whirlpool Ranges & Ovens Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I bought this Whirlpool freestanding LP gas range Model #: WFG515S0EW 1/4/18, I had only seen one in a store, but it was not hooked up so you could see how it cooked. Nor where there pots available so you could see how they would work on the grates. This has 2 'power burners' which even on low, are still as high as a normal stove would be on medium, both of these are on the front of stove top. There is only one simmer burner, on the back right corner of cooktop. And one burner that I am guessing is a medium size power burner.

This stove has 2 grates of cast iron, and the one on the left overlocks the one on the right. To clean this cooktop, you have to remove both of those to get to it. These grates are not so you can center your 1 qt pot on it, it just has a cross across the burner itself, and the pots wobble, accident waiting to happen. The pot wobbles and could easily tip over and seriously injure someone. The handles on my pots get hot enough to burn your fingers. Even a pot kept on simmer will be too hot from the flames from the other burners.

When you are cooking, the flames on the power burners is above the sides of my Revere Ware 1 qt pan, and comes right at edge of the 1.5 qt. even the soup pot is barely big enough to protect you from flames. I cannot believe that anyone would design something so poorly to begin with. In reading the instruction book, it says that pans with square sides work best? So not only am I out almost 800 dollars for this stove, I am supposed to go buy more pans now? I would have given this minus stars but that was not an option.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Ran Aqualift self cleaning cycle 4 times at 40 minutes and only bottom was cleaned, sides are still spotted and the rear wall still shows a heavy spotting. My stove is less than a year old. My prior stove with self clean at a higher heat was great, when done only had to wipe out!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

This oven/range (W10665261B) has a cleaning feature that DOES NOT WORK! Do not buy unless you want to hand scrub the oven without any cleaning products. No one at the company cares. I will discard the oven.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

I have had this product now for 1.5 years and am very dissatisfied with it. Whirlpool calls their oven an "Aqua Lift Self Clean", which is terribly misleading. There is nothing self-cleaning about it, except that the person who needs to clean it is me (myself)! I cannot use oven cleaners on it, because that will void my warranty, so the only way to clean it is to scrub, scrub, scrub, down on my hands and knees, which I haven't had to do for many a year. My second issue is with the glass stovetop. I have had many glass tops before and have never, never had such trouble cleaning it. Every time I use the stovetop I need to scrub and polish vehemently to clean it. And thirdly, the dials fail very quickly, and to replace them costs me $50.00 a pop! In just 1.5 years two dials have failed. This is just unacceptable, and I say shame on Whirlpool, and shame on the company that sold it to me. I will never, ever purchase another Whirlpool appliance again.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I replaced my 12 year old Whirlpool double ovens with the current Whirlpool double ovens. The new 30" built in double ovens have been re-designed to vent the heat below the lower oven. The ovens come with a part that pushes the heat down instead of straight out. My built in ovens have a cabinet drawer below and after using the ovens just 4 times over the holidays I noticed the heat is damaging the finish.

According to Whirlpool's service center I should have checked on that before buying/installing. They told me to stop using my ovens, that this is a fire hazard, but they are not responsible. They do not have a solution to this problem. This is a poor design on their part. There is a disclaimer in their installation booklet that came packed with the ovens that the installer gave me. It says the cabinets need to be able to withstand the heat of the ovens. The cabinets can handle the heat of the ovens, just not the hot air venting directly onto the cabinets below the oven. Where does one find cabinets that can withstand 400 degree heat being pushed directly onto them? As a customer I did not have that information until after the ovens were installed and it was too late to purchase another brand.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

My husband ordered a Downdraft Range Hood Model #UXD8636DYSwhich was picked up on approximately 10/3/17. My home was under renovation at that time and when the contractor attempted to install the unit in early December, it was discovered that it was defective. Fields Appliance was subsequently called in to do the warranty work and ordered the necessary screws on two occasions, but both times were sent the wrong part. Upon ordering the parts for the THIRD TIME, they have now been informed that the screws are on indefinite backorder. I contacted Whirlpool directly to request a replacement unit, as not only are they unable to find the correct screws, but when the motor was replaced on the very first visit, they were unable to replace the motor cover because the motor size had changed, so even if the screws are found, the motor will not be properly covered, which will likely lead to more problems in the future.

After speaking with four levels of customer service at Whirlpool, they still refused to replace my unit and insist that they need another six business days to try to find the correct parts. This is absolutely unacceptable, as my BRAND NEW APPLIANCE is defective and I have been unable to use it for a month already. This company refuses to stand behind their product and I am disgusted with trying to get them to make this right.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

I have a Whirlpool oven and dishwasher and have had nothing but problems with them both since day one! Our oven went out Christmas and couldn't get service on it and we were entertaining for Christmas. DON'T EVER BUY A WHIRLPOOL PRODUCT!!! If you do you have no one to blame but yourself.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Whirlpool Double wall-mounted Oven model#WOD51EC7AW05. Have had nothing but problems (at least 7 problems). The 1st one is a potential fire hazard. Porcelain/enamel shattered on bottom interior panel of BOTH ovens in less than 60 days (exposing underlying metal to rust). Cracked in an odd stress-pattern that indicates the metal expanded during heating, and the porcelain finish did not tolerate the expansion. The lower oven had only been used 2X before I noticed the fracture pattern. Obviously faulty design; a manufacturer's defect. Whirlpool claims it is "cosmetic damage" and when porcelain eventually flakes off, they will send me touch-up paint. (If I dent the outside of an appliance with my wheelchair, that's cosmetic damage. It's a manufacturer's defect if the damage happens during normal operation. The appliance damaged itself, not the user.)

The preheat function does not work on either oven. The oven indicates it is 350-degrees, when it is actually 125-degrees. Repairman says this is normal; ignore the indicator and navigate by store-bought thermometers”. The temperature can vary 50 degrees on either side of the actual setting (that's a 100 degree range!). Between the faulty preheat and the wide range in temperature, it makes it very hard to bake bread or cake.

The rest are annoying problems: The timer is a single “beep” (not even very loud), followed by another single beep every minute. This is not much help if you are folding laundry while the cookies bake. The windows have so many dots on them they're not clear enough to see how the food is cooking (or read the store-bought thermometers) without opening the doors. The oven produces a lot of steam that fogs up the windows (I've never had this happen, and I'm past the half century point). The exhaust fan is loud and it blows hot air into the drawer under the oven (another potential fire hazard). Don't buy this oven. It has several design flaws and Whirlpool does not stand behind their product.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I purchased a new Whirlpool stainless steel smooth top range model #WEE745H0FS and it was installed the day before Thanksgiving, 11/22/17. The oven door handle was broken on inside by installers. I called Whirlpool warranty on 11/24/17 and requested a repair. A repairman came the following week two days late. He said he needed to order a part. After calling the “Whirlpool approved” repair shop multiple times over the next two weeks, I was told the part was backordered.

Finally, yesterday, 12/13/17 the repairman showed up an hour later than appt. time. He took the oven door apart again and the new part didn’t fit my oven door. He had carelessly ordered the wrong part. I was told he’d put a rush on the correct part and that it would be here 12/18/17. I will never buy another appliance from Kelley Appliance in Augusta GA nor another Whirlpool product. I have had to use duct tape on my brand NEW oven just to use the oven so it doesn’t fall apart when opening.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

These products (Dishwasher, refrigerator, cooktop, and wall ovens) are less than 5 years old and everyone of is in of repair. The cooktop and wall ovens the repair on them would equal the price of a new one. I feel that the products should last more just a few years and also their warranties. This tells me they do not stand by quality of their products.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

We purchased a Whirlpool double oven. Will not hold temp for even an hour to bake. Have to preheat 30 minutes to be ready to use. Sensor built right under top element. Signals ready in few minutes! Not! Have had it replaced once, don't cook that often so was not aware how bad it was. Will never buy another Whirlpool product! Have used only them over 50 years! So disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

Just bought a Whirlpool stove (WFE540H0ES) from Home Depot. Oven gave off so much heat around the handle that I burned myself opening the door... Tech came out said it wasn't supposed to do that. Called into Whirlpool to get clearance for a replacement and corporate says no to the replacement because that is normal. That's BS! If that is normal DON"T BUY A WHIRLPOOL!! BTW... They are owned by Maytag.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I love my Whirlpool LP Gas Range. Cooks great and bakes wonderful stuff. Also has a drawer under to hold pots and pans. Self Cleaning Oven. I do a lot of baking and I cook three meals a day. The burners are easy to clean off on top. I try and wipe spills up in the oven as much as possible, It has everything on it that I love, except it could have a plug in which would really nice.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

My girlfriend lives in Europe and bought a Whirlpool stove and countertop burner. She was washing dishes and heard a sound like a crack and she looked around the kitchen to find out where it came from. She looked at her stove top and there was a vertical crack down the center of it. It was turned on, no one was using it but it cracked. She tried to get a replacement glass top and the store told her they were not available. I sent an email to Whirlpool to find another one and never heard back from them. I sent a second email and that was left unanswered. After this I would never buy another stove or stove top made by Whirlpool again. Knowing that KitchenAid was bought out by Whirlpool these comments don't surprise me one bit. Whirlpool is another name for poor quality and no service.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I bought a Whirlpool gas range in March of 2015. Three months later the control module went out on it. It was still covered under warranty through Whirlpool, so they send a technician out to fix it. It's now a little over a year later and the control module is out again. I call Whirlpool and ask them if it was still under warranty and if they can it fix it so they say, "you want me to send a technician out. Why?" I just assumed since they're sending a technician out but there were going to cover it. Well the technician gets here and it's not covered under warranty. And I now I have to pay a $90 service charge fee for the guy to tell me that the control modules out on it which I already knew. He's going to charge me more than the stove was worth to fix it so I declined to get it fixed.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I have the same issue with cooking time on my Whirlpool wall oven (WFE54OHOES). Bought it in January and have not yet had a single recipe come out cooked. Outside is crisp, inside uncooked, after twice the amount of time it used to take. It's still under warranty. Service came out and told me to bake differently. That's an answer for you. I am going to pursue this issue with Best Buy where we purchased it.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

NEVER EVER purchase an oven (Whirlpool oven AquaLift Self Cleaning Technology) with this technology. All of my brand new appliances are Whirlpool and I love them all; except for the oven. It's an electric range, glass top with whats suppose to be self cleaning. It's not. I had to "clean" my oven 4 times and it's still not clean. Not one thing changed. I ended up back in 1965 having to get down on my hands and knees and scrub my oven. Even with doing this; it's still not clean. I hate it. My last Whirlpool cleaned the old fashion way; with high heat and it baked to a white finish that I just wiped clean. Perfection every time. AquaLift is just some sales hype. Even in their brochures they suggest using one of their cleaners if it doesn't all come off. Well guess what; you'll end up using a complete bottle trying to clean your oven. Zero stars given.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I am somewhat satisfied with my induction range. We ordered it just before Thanksgiving from Lowe’s a year and a half ago. We were told that we would have it before Christmas, which was fine with me. I don’t cook for Thanksgiving. Just a lot of Christmas baking. It turned out that Whirlpool had not started making our range until January and it wasn’t delivered until mid-January. It had been really good until about a month ago, when it blew the circuit breaker. My husband was cooking dinner while I was at work and it just blew the circuit breaker. No power surge in the rest of the house. No other circuit breakers affected. When the power was turned back on, two burners were out. As it turns out, the main circuit board is dead. So now the one large burner, a small burner and the ovens don’t work. There are two circuit boards for each oven. When it is working, it is a great stove. However when it doesn’t work, it is costly and takes a while to get repaired.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

We purchased our Whirlpool Refrigerator, oven, and microwave a little more than a year ago. Not a single negative event with any of these products and my wife and I wholeheartedly recommend Whirlpool for operation and last ability, unlike the products we replaced them with.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

We purchased the gas slide in range with gas oven. Immediately the temperature would hold a consistent heat, therefore it continually reset with a start sound (swoosh) every 5 minutes. The manual says it will do this, but clearly this is not normal. Then, the oven stopped working, showing an error message 'FBE0', that the cooling fan is not at high enough speeds! It sounds as though, along with hundreds of other people, we have all been ripped off! If anyone can please tell me what can be done about these defective stoves, I would appreciate it, thanks very much!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

My Whirlpool range is a great buy and it cooks well. I have never had a brand new range that snaps, crackles, and pops. It was letting me know that it needed to be broken in and used for a while. I have had it for a few years now and it is just now getting broken in well. I do not even smell the brand new burn smell it use to give off anymore. Awesome!!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I usually prefer Kenmore products but my Whirlpool stove was already installed and it looks great. It is easy to clean and use. So far so good. It has great value for the price and no service issues.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

We have had our Whirlpool oven for 3 years now. They make top of the line products and the oven cooks very well. I have cooked a lot of cakes and cupcakes in my Whirlpool oven. If I had to buy another oven it would be a Whirlpool.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

My gas range doesn't work all that well. Sometimes the flame catches and lights, sometimes it doesn't. Oven seems to be less than steady in cooking. It is ok, but I wouldn't buy again.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Whirlpool has electronic controls allowing exact temperature settings. It is an excellent range and it has a storage drawer under the oven for storage of pots and pans. It also has sealed burners so no gunk gets under the burners.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I am sure this will be removed quickly... But my advice to my fellow consumers is do not purchase Whirlpool appliances. They do not stand behind their products and they are a nightmare to deal with. I purchased my range (Model WEE730H0D50) May 8, 2017 and from that day the oven never work (the board was out on a brand new product). They arranged a service tech to come out 3 times. Each time the service tech discovered the replace board was damaged. So I have not been able to use my oven since I bought it in May. 3 months later now the stove top stopped working. You would think after all these issues they would replace their product. But nope I have to wait 2 weeks to get this lemon "serviced" again... I have young children at home which makes things worse...

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

During the initial warranty the oven was not heating properly. Several service calls within the warranty issue was not resolved. Whirlpool extended the warranty another year as of this date and several service calls problem not resolved. When a tech comes out there is a diagnostic check that checks the temp for 10 min. Since the temp drops after 10 min they cannot detect problem. I asked for the tech to remain for the complete cooking period which they cannot do. I have wasted many meals and still have a oven that does not work.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I purchased this Whirlpool Aqualift oven at now bankrupt HH Gregg so my recourse is limited. I loved the look of the slide in range and the salesman raved about the quality of this appliance. First the ceramic top is a nightmare to keep clean, not mentioned at purchase. The Aqualift feature is totally useless. I use my oven on a very limited basis. Putting water in the bottom of oven does absolutely nothing to clean oven and even less on sides and oven door. I spent a substantial amount of money on this so called self clean oven and I am so disappointed in results. It does not get off even a minimum of spots, I would hate to have something actually spill over. Aqualift does not work and then you are advised to not use anything else to clean it, so what now?

Original review: July 9, 2017

I purchased a Whirlpool electric stove WFE540HOES 3 weeks ago from Best Buy. 2 Main complaints: Extended cooking time when using the oven. Food that should bake in 14 minutes was taking 25. Food that should bake in 30 minutes was taking 50, etc. The big issue was that the exterior of the stove was getting extremely HOT when using the oven. The area behind the handle and the storage drawer were so hot I had to use a towel to open it w/o getting burned. Thought it was a faulty stove so I exchanged it for the same model. Just got the replacement and it's worse than the 1st one! The heat permeates from the bottom of the door and heats up the storage drawer below. The area behind the handle and the enamel edge of the stove get so hot. It's definitely a safety hazard if not fire hazard. Anyone else experience this??? It's going back!

Original review: June 28, 2017

Purchased electric double oven range WGE555SOBS02, from Lowe's end of 2014. Couple months it came on by itself, middle of night, 879°. Repaired panel 3x, then Lowe's replaced stove, middle 2015. 6/26/2017 error message F2E1, control panel... stuck / shorted key. Out of warranty. Lowe's and Whirlpool both claim no previous complaints. They will send repairman to assess problem, $150.

Whirlpool expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Whirlpool is one of the oldest names for home appliances in the U.S., with a company history stretching back to 1911. It currently sells more than $15 billion of home appliances and other products in more than 170 countries around the world.

• Kitchen stylist tools: Whirlpool's kitchen styling tools make it easy for buyers to pre-visualize how given models for cooking appliances will appear in their kitchen design.

• Extensive heating technology: Whirlpool offers one of the industry's most extensive selections of appliances equipped with advanced heating technology like convection and induction heating.

• Flexible appliance pairing: Whirlpool maintains multiple product lines that can be easily mixed-and-matched with other products to maintain consistent usability and design.

• Easy support: Whirlpool offers extensive resources online for customers who need to schedule warranty support or find information about replacement parts, even for discontinued models.

• Standalone cook tops: Whirlpool's collection of standalone cooktops is one of the largest in the industry.

• Best for: Users cooking for one, users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

MI
www.whirlpool.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use