Whirlpool Ranges & Ovens

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves

Research top Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This is the first time I have used a gas range. I like that the stove top is easy to keep clean and has very large capacity so I can cook anything without worrying about the pan not fitting. Pretty basic model, but does have a self clean option that I have not used yet.

Purchased a Whirlpool Electric Range August 2015. Purchased it because it looked pretty and the Aqua Lift Cleaning feature sounded too good to be true. As it turned out it WAS too good to be true! I have just read a # of reviews about this range and I agree with all complaints. Does anyone like this range? The AquaLift cleaning technology is a joke! The baking temperature fluctuates & I could not figure out how to improve on that (for the longest time I thought it was just me not being able to figure out my new oven). The most serious concern however, happened a couple of weeks ago when I turned on the oven & immediately the oven started to smoke and an electrical smell permeated throughout the house. Had I started the oven and immediately left the house our house would no doubt have been destroyed by an explosion/fire.

Phoned Whirlpool & because the problem was so serious they had a serviceman at our door within 2 days (yes I am being sarcastic, it did take 2 days). At no time did the call centre express any concern nor did they advise me to unplug the range and to make sure I did not use it. Obviously, I would not use it but shouldn't that be something they advise as part of the checklist talking points.

Serviceman arrives 2 days later & advises us that the parts alone would cost $650.00 & oh yes the labour costs to install the parts would be charged by the minute. I didn't even ask him how much per minute because only an idiot would repair this piece of junk!! The power cord to the range had basically melted right through; you could scrape the char right off the cord. The computer part of the range was shot and had a strong electrical smell to it. The serviceman basically said that I shouldn't shoot the messenger and charged us 93.45 to tell us that it was going to be a very costly repair.

I disliked this range almost immediately and was looking forward to the day when I would have an excuse to purchase another electrical range. I did not think I would be shopping for another range within 1 1/2 years from the time I purchased this piece of crap!!! Nor did I think that there would be a possibility that this appliance could potentially be hazardous to my family and home. How long is Whirlpool going to ignore all these customer complaints? This range should be recalled! It not only is selling features such as the Aqua Lift technology that do not work properly, it is selling a potential fire hazard.

I will never again purchase any appliance that is made by Whirlpool. Whirlpool makes a lot of appliances and uses names such as Maytag, Amana. KitchenAid, etc. I have purchased another range and this one is made by Frigidaire (no connection whatsoever to Whirlpool). I don't know what my experience will be with my new Frigidaire Range but so far I am loving it! Hopefully, my new appliance will not nearly burn my house down. Whirlpool: Step up to the plate & take responsibility for the defective electrical range you are selling before there is serious harm to persons or property! THIS ELECTRIC RANGE NEEDS TO BE RECALLED - MODEL # YWFE715HDEHD.

I have a Whirlpool induction range and so far so good. I like it very much, but they can improve in overall design. Other brands like Samsung got better designs but I want it an induction range and Whirlpool had an induction one on sale.

I purchased the Whirlpool Gold series cook top range-stainless steel. It is of good quality and looks very nice. It is also easy to clean and for the price it has a self cleaning oven. I didn't think that I would like this range but over a period of time I truly love cooking on it.

Whirlpool gas range Model WFG5245LAB2 has serious flaws that are a danger. I noticed the handles to turn on the burners seem sloppy. So sloppy in fact that just brushing up against the knobs will turn the gas on. This happened when I had someone visiting and we returned you could smell gas in the house. We were none the worse since we were out however my 3 cats were in the house the entire time. Tonight I removed the large grates that go over the burners to clean the porcelain. Once again I brushed up against the handle and the back burner ignited causing me to burn my hand. This stove is a danger to all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

We moved into a new home in December. We purchased the home too late to choose our appliances or upgrade over what they install. From the start the oven has been aggravating in both the noise that it emits and the variance in actual temperature. We have had the Appliance Service out twice for these ovens. We are told that the noise which sounds like a wind tunnel is normal. It is there to keep the circuit board cool especially during the cleaning process. The noise is quite aggravating and is amplified throughout our "open" floor plan to all parts of the house.

The temperature variance has been calibrated to be more accurate, but I'm not convinced it is on the right temperature yet. I continue to give it a try, but I'm not sure if the noise of the fan in the oven is making me feel negative towards using the oven at any time. We hate to have to replace these new units with another set of double ovens, but I doubt if I can continue with this noise much longer. It will definitely not be a Whirlpool or KitchenAid double oven of any sort.

Aqualift Self Cleaning - JUNK! JUNK! JUNK! The oven does NOT heat properly and it is NOT self-cleaning. Whirlpool should be ashamed of itself. We ALL need a refund. Class Action suit looming. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!

My new Whirlpool Stove, has two grill like tops, heavy duty and awesome looking. It has a special burner to keep food warm, a stainless steel front and bottom drawer for broiler storage. Broiler is also on top in oven, broiler flame.

Our new Maytag (i.e. owned by Whirlpool) oven/range is a stainless steel pile of junk. It takes FOREVER to pre-heat. The range elements take FOREVER to heat up. And like others on here, the Aqua Lift cleaning simply does not work. We put the oven through 3 back-to-back cycles and only the bottom gets a "little" clean. What a scam.

In April of 2016 I purchased an aqua clean self cleaning oven from Colder's Furniture in West Allis Wisconsin. We were told by the sales associate that the oven was top of the line. This was a complete and utter bold face lie. I cleaned the oven for the first time the day after Christmas after having prime rib. I followed the instructions to a T on how to clean the oven. I had to turn the oven on 6 times and scrubbed the oven until my fingers were bleeding, not to mention the enamel on the inside of the oven is completely bubbling. I called the customer care center on December 31, 2016 and the representative basically said I was an idiot and did not know how to cook. They made an appointment to send a technician out on 1-5-2017.

Before hanging up the phone the technician informed me that if there was nothing wrong with it that I would have to pay for the call. At this time I became irate and refused telling them that I have not even had the stove for 8 months and that it was still covered under extended warranty. I will see what kind of smoke is blown up my rear end. The technician is sending a new sponge and scraping stick. How about someone to also clean this piece of garbage. My advice is to anyone is if anyone tells you to buy an Aquaclean self clean oven from Whirlpool run in the other direction and do not buy it. Thanks Whirlpool for the garbage and for sending me cleaning products that are not even worth a damn.

I purchased a Gas Stove from Home Depot on 11/23 and it was delivered on December 3rd. My God, I'm having a dinner party tonight and the stove doesn't heat up past 170.. Unbelievable!! Need a replacement gas range. Tried to chat and call Whirlpool unsuccessfully. I am very one disappointed customer right now!

BEWARE THE TEMP CAN BE 25 degrees off high and 25 deg lower and Whirlpool says that is within specifications. My oven temp was set at 350 and nothing was cooked... After 7 repair calls with their certified repair companies (the 2 worst repair companies that I have ever used) I was told that if you set your oven at 350 that if it stays in between 325 and 375 that Whirlpool claims that it is working fine and will not do anything. I called and talked to customer service and asked the lady that if you set your oven at 350 should it stay within a few degrees of that and she said YES.

The people that work at Whirlpool do not even know what kind of junk that their company is selling. I asked to return it and get a more expensive model hoping that it would work better but they said that they sell ovens and do not buy them. Be sure to get in writing from your sales person that your oven will constantly hold the temp within a few degrees. I tried to do the Whirlpool survey but after 11 attempts they said that there was errors in receiving and they did not get it. If you buy Whirlpool then you did not ask the right questions. I WILL NEVER BUY Whirlpool again (unfortunately I have a Whirlpool dishwasher and refrigerator that are not much better) and if you do you will say the same things and be out Thousands like I am.

I purchased this range 7 2013. I was a snowbird at the time so after November I went south. Upon returning my top oven when lit had a gas smell. It took three weeks to get someone out and was told it was the igniter and would cost 350.00 to fix. I then called dte gas for them come out as I have full house warranty. Since then five calls a new igniter and a new board just put in two weeks ago the board doesn't work. This unit has been discontinued. I would like to know why. And if there is a class action suit against. Whirlpool. Co.

We purchased Whirlpool AquaLift oven from Lowe's 10 months ago. Since then, I dread each time I use the oven because I end up cleaning it by scrubbing and using different products because AquaLift cleaning is a scam. I have arthritis in my joints especially my neck, so cleaning it by sticking my head inside is a nightmare for me. I will try to call the company and see what is going to happen. I read that someone is suing Whirlpool for this product so hopefully they will recall the product or refund us if we return it.

We bought this Whirlpool electric range in late July when our old stove literally blew up at breakfast. Unlike the local big stores, a small local store had this in stock. They assured us that the oven was self-cleaning. It is not self cleaning. It only cleans the bottom. We have spoken both to the local store and Whirlpool several times. The local store will do nothing. Whirlpool sent us a sponge and a plastic scraping stick. They told us to clean it BY HAND every time we used the oven and were very condescending. We are 75 and 77; we are not about to climb into an oven to attempt cleaning an oven that will not clean. Stay away from the "Aqua Clean" products like the plague. They do nothing, and Whirlpool will also do nothing. Next step -- court.

The oven is a joke. It does not self-clean. I have to buy oven cleaner and clean the oven like in the distant past. They are lying about it being self-cleaning. Do yourself a favor and buy a real self-cleaning oven. NEVER WHIRLPOOL.

We purchased our oven on 12/06/15. I have called and complained about the AquaLift oven on more than one occasion. This technology does not work. I would have thought that there would have FINALLY been a recall on this oven. I am a senior who thought this stove would last me for the rest of my life. I have to stand on my head to try to clean it. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER would I have purchased this if I had read any of the reviews. Buyer beware!!!

I purchased a Whirlpool range on 11/14/16 from Home Depot. I actually purchase a dishwasher and refrigerator also. I used the range for the FIRST time on Thanksgiving. The range top is marred, scratched and not able to be cleaned. Home Depot told me they would not do anything. I called Whirlpool. They are rude, talk to a person if they are a moron. I went to corporate; they treated me as I didn't have a clue to how to cook; read the directions. I was in shocked; they are replacing the range top only once. If and when this happens again I am on my own. My suggestion DO NOT buy any Whirlpool products.

I have had problems with my electric range (Whirlpool) since day one. It always ran hot. I wrote letters to Whirlpool and received one very condescending phone call. Now two days before Thanksgiving it is running terribly hot from 350 to 500 degrees. When I called Whirlpool they said the best they could do was offer me a maintenance plan for 293.00.

We bought a gas Whirlpool Stove from Lowe's. We noticed it was not heating like our last stove and thought maybe because it was new. No the stove does not heat properly at all. I cooked a pork loin for 40 minutes at 350 and it was still raw in the middle. I have had to cook everything on 375 which makes the door handles and knobs very hot. I called Lowe's and they patched me into Whirlpool after a 45 minute wait. The rep from Whirlpool said, "you can look at the manual and figure out how to calibrate it". No I can't. I have a warranty that is what it is suppose to cover. Then I was on hold for another 20 minutes. Really no one should tell you to read a manual to fix a gas stove. I will not buy another Whirlpool item. Poor customer service and that make you feel you are bothering them.

Agree with some of the other reviews. Product misrepresented to clean oven effectively and does not work at all. You have to do all the work yourself because it is so useless. Oven also does not cook evenly. Front and back of oven cook at different rates. This oven should be recalled and all money refunded to purchaser!

The front of the stove gets so hot you can burn yourself and I feel it is not safe around small children or grandchildren, and it should addressed to fix the problem not just cover it up. Please give me the info to fix the problem before I have to sue over my grandchildren and great children getting burned.

We purchased the Whirlpool double oven with convection to go into our new home 18 months ago. I used the self-cleaning cycle on the bottom oven for the first time last weekend. Halfway through the cycle the control panel went blank. Basically both ovens died, and the bottom oven door is locked. After researching online I learned that this has been an issue with the self-cleaning feature on Whirlpool ovens for some time now. So buyer beware, if you decide to purchase, don't use the self-cleaning feature.

Whirlpool Gas Range WFG540H0es - Purchased 2 months ago. After 2 weeks there was a spill. The black burner caps are powder coated. After cooling we washed it with dish detergent & a sponge. The powder coating came off. Called the company. They replaced burner caps. Last week there was a spill and it stained the burner bases which are powder coated in a silver color. We tried 409 cleaner, Windex, dish detergent with a sponge. Could NOT get the stain out started removing powder coating. Called the company they ONLY guarantee cosmetic appearance 30 days. They wanted $139.00 for a new set of burner bases. I am going to go back to Lowe's & see if we can return this Whirlpool range.

We bought an oven built in from IKEA - Whirlpool. It didn't work from the beginning. We called for a technician, who comes in the next day, took the defective part and ordered a new one. Took two weeks to arrive. Now I just found out that I will have to wait another week for somebody to come and install the replaced part. I am very disappointed with their way to serve me as a client. I explained to them that it'd be nice if the technician it will come at the first hour in the morning ex. 9 am so I can go back to work after that. Which is not possible. The tech is more important than you as a customer. The technician will give you a 2 hours windows to arrive and after that who knows how long it will take the repair. So far I have this build-in-oven in the kitchen just for design, is not useful I doubt that it will be working soon. The lady who called me from Whirlpool Canada was giving me they're the option in the manner or take or leave it.

To be honest, I regret buying this oven, so far I haven't used. Wasted my time trying to get them to be more efficient, but got the message from them that I don't matter. Never been treated so wrong by somebody who is working in customer service. The first call it was coming from a company which is located in Maple Ridge, BC phone number 604-466-5597 and when I insisted on having the repair being done asap they hung up on me. I asked for supervisor or a manager, and they told me they are not allowed to give any of those on the phone... Buying this oven was a mistake, trying to deal with them another mistake. I don't recommend to anybody this oven or dealing with Whirlpool Canada.

The first thing I noticed after purchasing this stove was that the glass top did not clean properly. I used the product given to me by Sears and tried several others but still could not take marks off of the glass top. I never really used the oven that much until retired and started baking often. The self clean does not work at all unless by self clean they mean that you yourself cleans -- I should say scrub it down. I previously had a regular self clean and it truly self cleaned. All I did was take wet paper towel and wipe out. Yet when I asked the Sears saleswoman about how it cleans I was told that it was terrific -- I would not have any problems! What a laugh!

When we moved into our home this past year there was a Whirlpool gas stove model number W10406473A. We have the plastic knobs on the front of the stove which need to be pushed and turned in order to turn on the gas. I recently ran into a serious problem where my cat walked across the knob area and pushed and turned the knob causing the gas to come on the stove. This is a problem due to the fact that a child could have also have easily turned on this stove. This is a definite fire hazard as well as a carbon dioxide problem. I warn anyone with this stove to replace it with another make or model immediately. I'm in the beginning mode of looking to see if a recall has ever been made on this model.

We paid $6,000 over and above my home's purchase price for double ovens that are defective. Whirlpool will not address the problem! When you bake a pie or a turkey, the bottom and center are raw, and the top burns, because the bottom element is hidden under the bottom of the oven, instead of on top of the interior floor area of the oven. Whirlpool's new design is defective! The service technician says the "oven is performing as designed" therefore there is a design defect! However, Whirlpool will not take any action, because the "parts" are not "broken" and they send us back to the extended service plan people. It is ridiculous for the consumer to be caught in the middle. Whirlpool does not want to stand by their product.

The builder of our home, Coleman Homes in Middleton, ID, purchased the ovens from Whirlpool originally. Therefore Whirlpool says we are not the "original" purchaser of the product, Coleman Homes are, and Whirlpool cannot do anything because we did not "buy" the ovens directly from Whirlpool ourselves, Coleman Homes did. The Whirlpool Warranty (waste of money) says they cannot do anything because it is not a parts issue. Coleman Homes says they cannot do anything because the warranty was given to us when we purchased the home. Whirlpool needs to replace the hidden element with a true baking element so the ovens will bake properly!!! Model Number: WOD51EC0AS Serial Number: D52208658

When doing any cooking on this range, there are ALWAYS brown or black marks on the white enamel. When I try to clean it using the methods recommended by Whirlpool, they will not come off and the top looks terrible. Using stronger things to clean it removes the finish. They state it's not covered under warranty - I will not ever buy Whirlpool again... EVER! Buyer beware! Model #wfg510s0aw2.

I have a Whirlpool built-in double oven. It is 7 years old. The top oven has overheated 3 times with food in it and it locks the door. The oven beeps and says, "Too hot," and locks the door. Luckily I was in the kitchen when it overheated, so I could turn the oven off. After turning the oven off, the oven has to cool off before the door will unlock and the food can be taken out. By then, the food is really burnt.

I called Whirlpool to see if there is a recall and they said, "No recall," and the oven was out of warranty. So I called the repair shop. They said it was the control board and they were not sure they could get a new control board. I may have to find someone that can rebuild this control board. They said not to use the oven. It could cause a fire. I would think that they should recall these ovens. They should have a safety switch that shuts the oven off if it overheats like mine has done.

Compare Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves