1.30/5

705 Whirlpool Ranges & Ovens Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I bought a dual oven Whirlpool 2 years back. This range keeps breaking knobs that are such a poor quality. I have bought knobs from Whirlpool 7 times already then got PSEG home service and they are tired with the quality itself. Save your money and buy another make! Poor customer service and the worst experience is what I have gained on buying this make. Have old mother at home and this headache only created more issues to help her with cooking.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

4 year old gas range, used self clean mode yesterday, for first time, upon completion opened oven door, not very clean and found 1/2 moon shaped raised crack in center of oven floor. Customer service insisting repair tech must come at cost of $60.00 to determine cause. I believe this is manufacturing defect, that they are not willing to admit. Offered big discount on new range. NO MORE WHIRLPOOL FOR ME!!!

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I purchased Whirlpool gas range with AquaLift Self Cleaning Tech exactly a year ago. DOES NOT WORK!!! The only Self that cleans will be you on your hands and knees. Still don't know what to use. Manual says do not use oven cleaner or abrasive or you void the warranty. Ok Whirlpool any suggestions? Soap and mild detergent not cutting it. You would think with all the customers complaining about this feature the bright engineers that designed this would come up with a solution.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I purchased this rather expensive gas range and use the oven very little. We are empty nesters that eat out every day. Went to use oven and it had error code for cooling fan. Called repairman who replaced sensor and oven worked (literally used two times in 4 months). Now error code again. When I checked the code I realized this is a problem with these stoves. Whirlpool why no recall or free fix?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Purchased a gas stove June 10th, three days later smelled gas. Called the store where I purchased item, they gave Whirlpool 800#. They set an appointment 2 weeks out. Got part then burners only clicked. They ordered more parts. Now top range works. Started to use oven and got extremely hot. Called store. They referred back to Whirlpool. After hour and half they scheduled appointment. First appointment he didn't have tools to check temperature. Rescheduled for following week. He said oven was off 30 degrees. I then went to store to ask to return item. They said up to Whirlpool. On phone with Whirlpool over two hours, them switching from one department to another. No help. They insist on fixing again tearing up unit in my new wood floors. Don't buy anything from them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I bought my Whirlpool induction stove several years ago. We normally use a toaster oven for baking as we are only 2 in our home. Last year I decided to cook a large turkey for the family. I threw the turkey into the oven and started cooking it. After an hour or so I decided to start cooking the potatoes etc on the stovetop portion. My potatoes started cooking and my element shut down. I did everything I could to get it going but finally resorted to the manual to see if there was a suggestion. The suggestion was that the oven had heated the burners too high and that I had to shut off the burners and wait for 5 minutes and try again to use them. The oven was only cooking at 300F. I waited 15 mins to get it running again.

The stovetop went out once again and I had to stop cooking. Conversely I've had the same issue with the oven. I've been cooking in the oven and have had it shut down as a way to address the stovetop being too hot. How am I suppose to cook on this unit with any kind of confidence? I did an online chat with a rep today and they suggested getting a technician over to the house. I was told I could pay $129 to have them look at it. This is obviously a design flaw that I was never told about prior to my purchase and would never have bought had I known. Shame on Whirlpool!

Original review: July 16, 2018

I purchased an Induction Stove in January 2018. The purchase included a $650 cookware incentive. I have been trying to get my cookware for 7 months!!! I call every month and I get an excuse every month. No one calls me back as promised, I have been told I will have it in 5 business days, that excuse was 3 months ago. I just filed a BBB complaint. I want my cookware or $650. My next step is a complaint with the Attorney Generals Office!

Original review: July 13, 2018

Bought a Whirlpool range in Nov. Within a month the large burners fell apart and the reflector bowls discolored from normal use. Call Whirlpool and they sent out replacements. Within a month the first replacement fell apart and the new bowls discolored from heat again. I held off calling until the second burner fell apart and this time when I called I was told I would have to stay home to wait for a service call to have burners replaced which I could do myself and that the bowls aren't covered and that it normal for them to discolor with normal use. They said I should wrap them in foil to protect them.

They appear to prefer wasting time and money rather making a good product. The burner bowls from my old GE stove are still shiny after many years of use but Whirlpools cant hold the finish for a month. Please note I was an appliance tech and ran an appliance repair business for 18 years. These failures are not normal or acceptable. I will never buy Whirlpool again.

Original review: June 23, 2018

We have owned Whirlpool Oven/Range for 3 years, and about 4 times a year, on oven setting over 400 degrees, we get an error message, beeping, and the oven needs to be reset. We also own other Whirpool appliances, and caveat emptor. Buy another brand, please.

Original review: June 6, 2018

We purchased this Kitchen Aid stove December 7, 2016. I don't use the oven much, but have found that when it gets a little dirty and I use the Aqua Life function, it does not clean. Have tried by setting a pan of water in the bottom and raising the temperature to 300 degrees, but nothing cleans. We went with this feature to be more environmentally responsible. Leon's, where we purchased the stove, claims that they have heard nothing of this issue and have not been informed of this by their head office.

Original review: June 3, 2018

We purchased our Whirlpool range a few months ago. We have the 6.1 cubic oven which is large inside with 5th element on top for keeping things warm which is a nice feature. The oven wipes easily if any spills occur. The only issue I have had is the top scratches easily. I used Creams Brute to clean the top which does well.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I bought my new ceramic top electric range/oven with convection, and the aqua-lift cleaning system in spring 2017. The aqualift cleaning function is a joke, so be prepared to be down on your hands and knees scrubbing. I'm careful, and I've not spilled anything yet, but the oven still gets splatters from roasting meats, etc. I'd hate to see what I'll have to deal with when I actually let something spill. Today, as I was down on my hands and knees trying to clean it, I noticed that the enamel is chipping off where the oven racks slide in. Great. I have never had an oven where the enamel came off, much less within a year. I am struggling with heart failure, and I am not up to fighting with Whirlpool.

Original review: April 14, 2018

The oven will not turn off. When I called Whirlpool and told them what had happened they immediately put me in contact with the safety division. My question is if it is a safety issue, why is there not a recall and why do I have to pay for the circuit board. If there is a safety issue why is there not a recall.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I am very very unhappy with Whirlpool gold series. We paid more thinking it was better and don't waste your money. I have had the whole package for 3 yrs and every one has broken down. First my dishwasher wasn't cleaning. I had to take the thing apart and clean all bars and still is not cleaning right. My ice maker quit working and then started leaking under fridge. I had to have the water intake valve replaced. And now my oven says it's at 350 and won't bake anything. I think the element has gone bad. This is complete junk. I should have known better and got LG.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I was so excited for this stove top and oven - Whirlpool Gold AccuBake (especially at the price we paid for it!). We've owned it for 13 years now, and in that 13 years, we have had to have the computer replaced 6 times now. The latest replacement being last week (Friday). The oven is still making clicking noises like the igniter wants to start and it is frustrating and annoying. It will do this for a 3-hour stretch numerous times throughout the day and night. Had a repairman here last week and he replaced the computer AGAIN! But the igniter clicking noise continues.

Original review: March 18, 2018

March 18, 2018. I was called today to inform me that the right front burner on my new stove Model # WEG745H0FS0 (ordered in early September and not delivered until mid-October from Menards) was not operating properly. The flame was noisy and yellow. I inspected it and found that the front burner base was substantially damaged by heat. See photo (Whirlpool stove part damage1). On inspection of the other front burner base, I discovered early signs of the same problem. (Note changes on burner base on the left of the photo.)

In this photo (Whirlpool stove part damage2.JPG), you can see the damage to the burner base and also see some changes on the 3 to 5 O’clock position on the burner base on the left of the photo. This stove is less than 6 months old. The fact that the burner parts can be melted indicate poor design and danger to the owner/operator of the stove. Further, the operator's manual for the stove I bought does not include any information on the model I have. It has pictures of the range top similar to mine but the model number is completely different. In addition to this, the "Aqua-Lift Technology" for cleaning the oven is completely ineffective. This is noted in several other "reviews" of this equipment. The problem noted by the other review became obvious the very first day I tried to use this range. A 2 cup pot spilled all over the cooktop as soon as I put it on the grate.

Original review: March 16, 2018

There are plenty of reviews on this board already about how the so called "AquaLift technology" for oven cleaning is completely worthless so I won't repeat what they have already so eloquently described. "AquaLift" has managed to take us back in time to around 1947 or whenever it was before the old easy off oven cleaner was invented. I purchased the cleaning kit (affinity) as well but it doesn't do much of anything. The only people who might consider purchasing a stove with "AquaLift" are those who do no roasting or broiling of meat. The oven looks beautiful, so maybe it could be for those who enjoy a show kitchen and prefer takeout.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I bought a 3 burner glass hob under your built-in cooktop category (model no. AKCG 930-90 cm) in Nov. 2015 from Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. In the month of April 2015 I started having problems with the medium burner. The problems was rectified on 29-4-2017 after some replacements that cost me Rs. 5000. After two months again the same problem occurred, the medium burner was not igniting again, I registered a complaint on 5-7-2017, the representative came and did some maintenance and left but the same problem resurfaced after a few days.

I was fed up of complaining and started using the burner during necessity by placing a weight on top of the knob. Finally on 15th Feb 2018 while I was using the stove the glass top cracked into pieces. My experience of the company's built-in cooktop is horrible and bitter. Every time I registered a complaint the representatives used to attend the complaint after 2 weeks and that too after so many phone calls. I am really dissatisfied with the service and quality of the product. I therefore strongly recommend customers not to buy this product.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Whirlpool Electric Convection Range - We purchased a Whirlpool fridge, range and microwave, I am finally sending my review after another of many frustrations with the AquaLift self cleaning oven. NEVER, NEVER buy one unless you love cleaning your oven. The temperature goes to 160 for 40 minutes, it does nothing to clean your oven. I called the co. we bought it from. The fellow said, "Oh you should clean your oven weekly," really there are 2 of us and I use the oven maybe 2-3 times a week without spillovers. When I do have spillovers I use the AquaLift waste of time, then have to spray it down with Affresh Spray the co. I bought the range from recommended, still have to scrub hard to remove built on spills. Save yourself the money and frustration. Buy anything but a range with AquaLift self cleaning.

Original review: March 1, 2018

Love love love my Whirlpool range!!! Regular bake and convection!!! Huge oven, beautiful glass top, and 2 burners that have double surfaces to fit huge pans! It has steam clean feature too!!! Incredible and amazing price!!!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

We had the Whirlpool electric range delivered yesterday. The clock light is too bright! Keeps the house lit all night! Do I really need to pay the cost of burning this? Additionally, it’s so annoying that we will not be keeping the range. If I needed a nightlight, I would buy one. Very poor design. The lights on the other appliances go out when not in use, one would think the range would have been designed to do so as well. I have NEVER had a problem with a stove light being too bright. This is ridiculous.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Purchased this electric range Maytag model YMES8800FZ1 in September 2017. Thought it was just like my old range with self cleaning mode. Beware! Do Not buy this or anything with this new AquaLift self clean technology. That means you're down on your hands and knées, scrubbing. It doesn’t work. Read all the reviews about this new technology. Salesman never informed us. We innocently bought the range with self cleaning, paid lots of money, for crap! Very upset. Will spread the word for all future buyers, pay attention to the self clean mode on what you're buying, cause no one will tell you. Now trying to reach Maytag, but apparently they don’t care.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Whirlpool gas range convection oven - I have only had this range for 2 weeks. Manual is sketchy to say the least. Purchased from LOWE'S - salesman were not well-informed. I have had to do a chat to find out information. Range looks great but performs poorly. Takes a while to heat anything even on high and on large burners. Grates are too heavy. I am sorry I did not see the editor review before I purchased. I have not used the convection so I cannot speak to this but my choices were limited when I purchased and I did not want a convection oven and other ranges would not purposeful for my use.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Purchased from Home Depot and self-installed. That part was not too big a deal but after installing this stove we started a journey of irritation, aggravation and general dissatisfaction. This stove has the standard layout for burners that seem to be common to most low-end stoves. Two huge burners in the front, a "simmer burner" at the right rear and a general purpose burner at the left rear. That's all wrong for me and our set up. I want a large burner at the left rear and general purpose every place else. Can you alter the standard configuration? NO! Not without some major alterations to the stove top.

Next are the grills or cast cooktops (2 each). They are a bit cumbersome when cleaning the stove but doable. The real problem with the grills are Whirlpool decided to save money by skimping on this feature. The grills are not a stable cooking platform for smaller pans and it turns out Whirlpool recommends "square pans" for this stove. SAY WHAT? I have pans and skillets from my grandparents and they are ALL round. That's how that stuff is made. ROUND! The grill's design is unstable for any round pot, pan or skillet, if it's diameter, is 6" or less. Kiss that excellent saucepan goodbye if you have this stove. My current solution is a piece of light expanded steel over the burner areas.

Keeping in mind we use Propane as our heating gas. The adjustment of the flame temp on the four burners is non-existent. They all are either on high, medium or low. There seems to be no fine tuning with these burners. At the end of the day go look for something that is NOT a Whirlpool, LP gas range Model #: WFG515S0EW. You will be better served and less irritable with almost anything else. Even a campfire in the yard is a better choice.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

The AquaLift self clean is a joke! Doesn't clean at all! Has to be consumer fraud, calling it a self clean. I've owned electric self clean ranges for 40 years, that did great jobs. This does zip for cleaning! Unbelievable! Should be a rating below 1 star!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Horrible stove. Bought online. Get set up and it's worst design ever. Have to lay down on floor to watch broiler. Can't even slide out. The stove top is difficult to clean. The cast iron grates are very heavy and have to move one side at a time. I Can't control low heat. Have to use back burner only. Then Crap builds up on back console. The oven grates are too wide apart, Have To supplement with racks from my other stove oven.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Oh my goodness, are these people right with the Whirlpool Ranges. I moved and put in the appliance # to get what I had from Whirlpool. What a piece of crap I got in a range and refrigerator. Never had appliances that looked so pathetic. You cant clean the outsides or the insides. Outsides nothing but streaks never look shiny, I really do doubt they are even close to Stainless steel. My old ones I might add were less than 5 years old when we sold our house and all you had to do was spray with Windex and shine shine shine. Try that on the new ones streak streak streak, and nothing ticks me off more than looking in a kitchen and looks like pigs are running all over your stuff. Then the range aqua lift self clean. You have gotta be kidding. No self clean about it. Scrub Scrub Scrub by hand. You mean who in the hell came up with this. Make something with fat and instant burned mess.

Really oil and water or grease and water where I come from they never mixed, and all they do is get gummy. Now if you dont care how your oven or outsides look then I guess it doesnt matter BUT I DO, I am with the guy that said he just wants to throw it out. I would have been better off buying a clean your own. At least you could use oven cleaner. I dont know where these companies are coming from ripping people off this bad, now that I am older I am stuck with it and can hardly clean it to get down in there.

You make supper and you have to spend 2 hours extra in the kitchen scrubbing the damn thing. Of course you give a company loyalty and get screwed this bad. All my self cleaning ovens I had when we sold houses the people thought you never cooked in them. This is not even a year and a half old and looks like it is 10 years old. Even scrubbing it is a joke. You cant get it all anyway. I'm sure I will not live with this long. I use to love to cook even did it for a living and man using this thing I hate cooking more than ever.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Whirlpool 5.3 Cu Ft self clean Electric Range: Got crack on glass surface within 5 months after purchase, and contacted Whirlpool Customer service. They are rejecting the repair saying they won't fix the glass surface crack, as it won't come under their warranty. As a consumer where will I go for getting it fixed under warranty.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I bought this Whirlpool freestanding LP gas range Model #: WFG515S0EW 1/4/18, I had only seen one in a store, but it was not hooked up so you could see how it cooked. Nor where there pots available so you could see how they would work on the grates. This has 2 'power burners' which even on low, are still as high as a normal stove would be on medium, both of these are on the front of stove top. There is only one simmer burner, on the back right corner of cooktop. And one burner that I am guessing is a medium size power burner.

This stove has 2 grates of cast iron, and the one on the left overlocks the one on the right. To clean this cooktop, you have to remove both of those to get to it. These grates are not so you can center your 1 qt pot on it, it just has a cross across the burner itself, and the pots wobble, accident waiting to happen. The pot wobbles and could easily tip over and seriously injure someone. The handles on my pots get hot enough to burn your fingers. Even a pot kept on simmer will be too hot from the flames from the other burners.

When you are cooking, the flames on the power burners is above the sides of my Revere Ware 1 qt pan, and comes right at edge of the 1.5 qt. even the soup pot is barely big enough to protect you from flames. I cannot believe that anyone would design something so poorly to begin with. In reading the instruction book, it says that pans with square sides work best? So not only am I out almost 800 dollars for this stove, I am supposed to go buy more pans now? I would have given this minus stars but that was not an option.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Ran Aqualift self cleaning cycle 4 times at 40 minutes and only bottom was cleaned, sides are still spotted and the rear wall still shows a heavy spotting. My stove is less than a year old. My prior stove with self clean at a higher heat was great, when done only had to wipe out!

Whirlpool expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Whirlpool is one of the oldest names for home appliances in the U.S., with a company history stretching back to 1911. It currently sells more than $15 billion of home appliances and other products in more than 170 countries around the world.

• Kitchen stylist tools: Whirlpool's kitchen styling tools make it easy for buyers to pre-visualize how given models for cooking appliances will appear in their kitchen design.

• Extensive heating technology: Whirlpool offers one of the industry's most extensive selections of appliances equipped with advanced heating technology like convection and induction heating.

• Flexible appliance pairing: Whirlpool maintains multiple product lines that can be easily mixed-and-matched with other products to maintain consistent usability and design.

• Easy support: Whirlpool offers extensive resources online for customers who need to schedule warranty support or find information about replacement parts, even for discontinued models.

• Standalone cook tops: Whirlpool's collection of standalone cooktops is one of the largest in the industry.

• Best for: Users cooking for one, users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs