Whirlpool Ranges & Ovens

Whirlpool Ranges & Ovens

4.0/5 (762 ratings)

About Whirlpool Ranges & Ovens

Whirlpool Ranges & Ovens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool Ranges & Ovens?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

We love our double over Whirlpool oven. Nice we can use the upper oven without using the large bottom one. The bottom is a convention, does a great job for Thanksgiving. Love the 5 burner set up. It does have it small issues. Cooking a turkey for Thanksgiving. Notice the glow plug was on but never kick on. Once I figure to unplug the unit, it was fine. Con, we have a warranty. Third party service did a very good job. Checking the web site of Whirlpool for parts. I even contact them since they kept sending the wrong parts. (have enough wrong parts to build one.) All is good and it is just corporate just is not efficient in some issue.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

I love the convection cook top! It is very responsive. It's about as responsive as gas, which saves a significant amount of electricity! But, it is WAY easier to keep clean. I also love the warming burner! Having that 5th burner in which to keep something warm, while you finish other things in the oven or on one of the regular burners is very helpful. It's also great for melting butter. The ability of the oven to delay the start of cooking and program cooking to finish at a certain time or in a certain amount of time is also very useful when you can't attend to starting or stopping cooking in the oven.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

I had my Whirlpool electric stove for about fifteen years, I have had a couple minor problems with it. The oven temperature sensor went out, I bought a new one online and replaced it. The stove top eyes get warped from uses. Really no big deal. I've had good luck with it over the years. It's the standard 30 inch white. I paid over $400. It will probably last me another 15 years, I don't see why it wouldn't. But then I know how to fix appliances. I think the only reason why anyone would replace a stove is because of the color or it caught fire or won't come clean. The mechanical isn't a problem because you can rebuild them so easy.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

I really like my new 5 burner gas double oven gas range made by Whirlpool. Except for 1 minor flaw where the backsplash panel warped at the beginning and was promptly replaced by whirlpool I have had no problems with my range, love having 5 burners and a double oven. Plus the left front burner has a much bigger burner with higher btu which helps water come to a boil way faster than any other ranger I have ever had. That is a real nice feature and I really like having 2 ovens, When cooking on an average day for my small family there is no need to heat up the big oven and the little oven is just the perfect size to bake 1 or 2 dishes. And on holidays when I am cooking for more people or many more dishes I have the capacity to cook more items.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

The home I bought a few years ago, had brand new Whirlpool appliances. The oven and range, work great, although it does take my oven seems like a long time to get to temperature. The size of the oven is great, has plenty of room to cook lots and/or large amounts. The range, works really good too. It's a glass top range. The glass is very durable, I find it does not scratch easily. Cleans up well by just using a good glass top cleaner. I do have one of the burners, does make a little noise if used but 4 years in, no issues out of the range or oven.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Stove was purchased in June, 2021. Two months later, oven will not heat up!!! Contacts Whirlpool, and TEN days later, a service person finally shows up. Problem appears to be a circuit board that they don't have, and has to be ordered! When will it arrive? He has no idea!!! I called Whirlpool, but it's frustrating and a waste of time. You only get to talk to someone that appears to be reading from a script! If we're lucky, we'll be without an oven for one month; however, it could be two...or three...or four!!! My advice: Don't buy this stove/range!!! Not only is the oven an issue, but it just seems flimsy and subpar quality, especially the oven door. Added to that, the glass top is very difficult to keep clean... Worse than any glass top stove we've had in the past.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Didn’t realize our Gotham cookware is not heavy enough to compress the stupid buttons on burners, but I guess it’s our fault for not researching corporate America’s blunders! Thanks for nothing. I do not recommend this unit.!

Original review: July 29, 2021

Bought a new Whirlpool range in 10/20. In 06/21 the control panel stopped working. Now they say the necessary part will not be available until 10/21! 5 months without a working range! Don't buy Whirlpool--shoddy products and terrible customer service.

Original review: June 21, 2021

Called Whirlpool customer care for help with identifying make and model number of a slide-in, ceramic cook-top range (one of their popular brands). The representative was cordial, patient and very helpful when it came to giving me directions on how to locate make/model information on the unit. That was until I let her know about a recent problem with the stove. The edge of the cooktop is much too sharp! My hand got cut while wiping down the stove top/adjacent counter. Although I've had the stove for a while, I'd never had that happen before; that's probably because I used a thin rag this time around to do the cleaning.

I asked the rep if anyone else had reported getting cut by the stove top. She said, "No." I let her know that my goal was to just them know about the situation, because such a sharp edge on a cooktop is a safety issue. She disagreed. But what could or should she have said? In all fairness, it came down to balancing loyalty to the company with genuine care for the customer.

I do appreciate how kind she was in communicating with me, but am very displeased that once I'd shared about the problem she seemed rather dismissive of the situation. How could the risk of being cut NOT be a product safety issue??? If you visit the Consumer Products Safety Commission website, you can see where 'risk of laceration' is a reason some products are recalled. Based on that understanding, I would say that sharp edges on a ceramic cooktop IS a safety issue!

Original review: April 1, 2021

My Whirlpool electric range has been a nightmare! I bought this thing 5 years ago and I am having it replaced on Saturday! It had a cleaning thing where I put in distilled water and 20 minutes later I could just wipe it out. Not true. I had to use oven off??? Next the oven would not work. Learned if I turned off the power it would reboot itself! The next thing it did was all on its own it turned the temp. from 250 degrees to a full BROIL. The oven now will not heat up to 350 degrees! I just blew $1200.00! On the other hand I did buy a Whirlpool fridge. It has been awesome!

Whirlpool author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Whirlpool is one of the oldest names for home appliances in the U.S., with a company history stretching back to 1911. It currently sells more than $15 billion of home appliances and other products in more than 170 countries around the world.

• Kitchen stylist tools: Whirlpool's kitchen styling tools make it easy for buyers to pre-visualize how given models for cooking appliances will appear in their kitchen design.

• Extensive heating technology: Whirlpool offers one of the industry's most extensive selections of appliances equipped with advanced heating technology like convection and induction heating.

• Flexible appliance pairing: Whirlpool maintains multiple product lines that can be easily mixed-and-matched with other products to maintain consistent usability and design.

• Easy support: Whirlpool offers extensive resources online for customers who need to schedule warranty support or find information about replacement parts, even for discontinued models.

• Standalone cook tops: Whirlpool's collection of standalone cooktops is one of the largest in the industry.

Whirlpool Ranges & Ovens Company Information