Whirlpool Ranges & Ovens

Whirlpool Ranges & Ovens

3.2/5 (84 ratings)

About Whirlpool Ranges & Ovens

Whirlpool Ranges & Ovens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool Ranges & Ovens?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: May 11, 2022

New home so the oven came with the home. The timing and on and off button are a joke. You can't just turn it on..if you don't press start again...it does not turn on. You can't use the timer and see the oven temp at the same time DUMB DESIGN! I've had it with thinking the oven is on and it is not. I'm no dummy and can generally figure out how to operate a simple oven. Very dumb displays!

Original review: March 14, 2022

My double oven is less than 2 years old. I just used the self-cleaning feature on the bottom oven and now it won't work at all. I understand that this is a common problem with Whirlpool ovens and I will never buy another Whirlpool appliance again. What a piece of junk! I have used self-cleaning on my ovens ever since they were invented and have never had a problem before.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

My electric stove is only four years old. In December, 2021, the control panel broke. Digital read out - numbers can’t be read. Service said it is control panel - can’t be found anywhere. Oven has caught on fire twice. House full of smoke. Whirlpool stated my first mistake was not calling them first. I don't have warranty and couldn’t afford a service call so I have DTE protection plan. They sent about appliance repair at their cost. Man said it is control panel and NONE can be found. Whirlpool can’t send THEIR serviceman for another two weeks. I was told to keep circuit breaker on stove pulled. I am 76 and my husband is 84. We can’t go out to eat every night for two reasons: we are on a fixed income - finances will not allow. Plus we both have health issue so I have to cook/bake a certain way. It is going on three months.

We can’t afford a new stove every four years. I want Whirlpool to work out some compensation for my stress, aggravation, loss of bakeware that burned in the oven. Took us two days to clean the oven mess, including the glass door - don’t know how it didn’t explode. We had to run downstairs- at 84, moving fast is not that easy, to pull circuit breaker. I could not make two birthday cakes that I had committed to. Can’t bake or make casseroles. We need help of some kind.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

Our Whirlpool oven was on fire two different times. The first 10/1/2021 flames inside oven right side. When Flamingo Appliances came to fix the coal was fried underneath. He changed it. Almost 4 months later my stove is on fire again and had to call 911 this time! The back control panel caught fire and is fried. This model has too many malfunctions and is faulty. Whirlpool said they are going to send Flamingo Appliances out to diagnose the problem and see if they can fix it. What next, gonna blow up on me. Earliest they can come out is 2 1/2 weeks. This is unacceptable at all cost. I never had a problem with a stove like this. This stove is faulty. Flamingo appliances/Whirlpool need to realize that the oven is faulty needs to be taken seriously.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Despite my claim being submitted within the first 4 months of purchase, Whirlpool would not assist in solving our issue. We purchased all major appliances from Whirlpool, to furnish our new home in August 2021. All appliances were white. The top of our gas range began discolouring immediately following the first use. The inside of the four corners immediately began to ware due to heat. I figured I'd have time to put my claim in, and thought to see if it got worse. Once I finally had time to deal with the issue, I contacted them only to find out that we only had 30 days from the date of purchase (of which included 3 months of waiting for the products to arrive) to claim the issue, given that it was considered "Cosmetic". Easy fix, since they'd simply have to change the top of the stove, but Whirlpool denied our claim. Do not purchase this product, unless you're looking for a sub-standard product and customer service.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

My low Budget rental property combinations oven stovetop could not handle it. 1st two of my stovetop burned out. 2nd the knobs broke just from turning the stove off and on. 3rd the oven only works with the oven timer. 4th the was only two years old when it fell apart. I don't recommend this low budget stove.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

It is my belief that through my experience that most Gas Range manufacturers mainly Whirlpool corporation purposely designs the stove igniter part to fail in 5-10 years. They do this in hope the consumer will purchase a new stove. The igniter in my stove has failed 6 times since I purchased it in 2005. I have had to replace it at my expense each time. The last time it failed, I asked Whirlpool if they would do a good faith gesture and replace it. They very rudely refused. I will never purchase another Whirlpool appliance again and encourage others to follow me. If they give me this much grief over a simple good faith gesture, I can only imagine the difficulties in getting them to honor a warranty claim!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

We purchased a new Whirlpool Cooker (Model Number YWFE745HOFH2) in June 2021. Our first disappointment came when we used the Self Clean function to clean the oven. Unlike our previous Whirlpool cooker (which we were very pleased with) this required us to put water into the bottom section of the oven. After the advised time the oven was exactly the same as at the start of the process. For readers of this review I would like to stress that the oven was not excessively soiled. We just wanted to try out the feature. In August my wife dropped a ceramic cup onto the cooker top and the top shattered completely. This, of course, was not the fault of Whirlpool, but we were shocked that the damage was so extensive. A new cooker top was ordered and arrived at the beginning of October (dispatch problems). After each use of the cooker top it has been cleaned with a recommended cleaning product.

Today I accidentally allowed a pot of rice to boil over and, although I immediately removed the pot from the cooker top and wiped both the bottom of the pot and the top before continuing, the residue will not come off of the surface. It looks awful! We had our last cooker for over 10 years - if I could afford to I would get rid of this product tomorrow!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

My Gold Series Whirlpool Electric Range is 3 years old. The main board for driving the burners, oven, etc burned up which caused my oven to go from the 200 degree setting to 450 in about 3 minutes burning everything that was in the oven. They want $400.00 + installation to replace it and that is if one can be found to actually install. The stove was purchased for $850.00 because of the Brand and now they want half that value to replace a board that will likely fry again in a year or two. I find there is no value for money and will not ever buy a Whirlpool brand again.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

My brand new oven kept turning off automatically. When reported, they kept sending a technician who kept lying to both parties regarding what the issue was. Whirlpool customer service people have been extremely rude and declined to fix the issue although my oven was under warranty without giving me proper reasoning for their actions. I am truly dumbfounded with this experience!

Whirlpool author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Whirlpool is one of the oldest names for home appliances in the U.S., with a company history stretching back to 1911. It currently sells more than $15 billion of home appliances and other products in more than 170 countries around the world.

• Kitchen stylist tools: Whirlpool's kitchen styling tools make it easy for buyers to pre-visualize how given models for cooking appliances will appear in their kitchen design.

• Extensive heating technology: Whirlpool offers one of the industry's most extensive selections of appliances equipped with advanced heating technology like convection and induction heating.

• Flexible appliance pairing: Whirlpool maintains multiple product lines that can be easily mixed-and-matched with other products to maintain consistent usability and design.

• Easy support: Whirlpool offers extensive resources online for customers who need to schedule warranty support or find information about replacement parts, even for discontinued models.

• Standalone cook tops: Whirlpool's collection of standalone cooktops is one of the largest in the industry.

Whirlpool Ranges & Ovens Company Information