toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Viking creates a great product that is sturdy and outperforms other high-end ranges. After buying a Thermador Range that underperformed at every turn and which seemed to be made out of low-quality steel which caught on fire due to a door switch issue, we decided to buy a Viking dual fuel range. What a wonderful experience we have had not just with the product but also with the customer service, which was sorely lacking with Thermador. Thanks for making a superb product!

The Viking Range makes me feel like a Master Chef... In 30 years and many gas ranges, this is the best range we have ever had. We had a minor service problem with our grill and gas broiler which was immediately taken care of without charge. The service department was by far the best I've dealt with in my experiences with other companies. We are going to be moving soon and I will get another Viking - The Best Gas Range Ever!!!

Viking Ranges

Thank you for your review. Viking makes every effort to manufacture products of the highest quality. Unfortunately, in spite of all precautions taken to ensure the liability of our products, occasional part failures may occur. We will have one of our customer care representative contact you shortly to get your information and set up service to see what is going on with the unit.

Original review: March 23, 2017

We purchased a Series 3, 30", gas, self-cleaning range. I installed it about 3 months ago. The first thing I noticed was that the way it was attached to the pallet, caused the unit to slide forward on the pallet. The plant installed an oak rail in the top center of the pallet. The front end of this rail dented the stainless steel front skirt. It's not a bad bend but you will notice that it is no longer straight. Recently after cooking many dinners on it, you can't get a really low flame for simmering on any burner. I never had this problem with my low-end GE.

I also have noticed that on occasion the back small burner will not light, and must be tried several times. The most disturbing issue is when any top burner is on, low or medium, and you open the oven door, the flame on the burner want to go out, or does go out then re-lights itself. Not good! Also after cooking on the top stove area, any drops of water that might splash out of a pot, cannot be allowed to dry, next to a hot burner, or a permanent awful looking mark will mar the cooktop. It is not removable. All of these problems should not be attached to a $5000 range.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I knew what I wanted when I went to the store and I told the staff I was looking for a particular Viking range. The only thing was that they had to distinguish between a dual fuel and a non-dual fuel range. The Viking range is a great product and I like its gas top feature.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a Viking range in my older home. So when I was remodeling the house over a year ago, the designer who was helping me with the kitchen picked it, and it was installed over the summer because renovation takes a long time. Then I moved in November of this past year. I used it during Thanksgiving and it worked briefly for a second, but then it broke. Every Viking product that I've purchased is broken - the range hood, the refrigerator, and the range. I have a very busy life, so by the time I get around to calling for anything and figuring out where I need to call and what I need to do, and get everything registered, and realizing what is all wrong, it takes me a while. I have a job, so every time I try to call and stay on hold, I can't call in, because your business hours are my business hours. So I'm not happy and I would never buy one again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had Viking for 30 years. However, the quality of the new Viking range is not as good as before. The handles fall off and the door doesn't close as tightly. But I like the burners and it's easy to clean the stove. I also like the flammability, the BTUs, the output, and the adjustability of the flame.

Viking Ranges

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. Naturally, we are concerned when we receive comments reflecting adversely on the quality of our products but we do appreciate you letting us know there is an issue so that we can look into improving.

Original review: March 15, 2017

In the later part of September 2016 we purchased a Viking Range model # VGIC 53014bss with high expectations only to find problem after problem with this range, as a matter of fact it's a laundry list of problems and too many to mention. I could write a book in less time, it's just not believable!!! My theory is and it's verifiable that some of the more important components (parts) they install are sourced from China, Mexico etc. They are not manufactured in the U.S. or Europe and this is where the PROBLEM lies. This might not be politically correct but it's a matter of fact, if you use inferior parts you should expect problems, and the words (made in the U.S.) becomes ambiguous, it should state assembled in the U.S. It's like buying a Cadillac only to find it has a Japanese motor. Buy cheap you get cheap

Now onto the Viking customer care reps, these poor people are subjected to more abuse from disgruntled customers and their complaints, it's as if they were part of the manufacturing process, I personally have had only good if not excellent experience with them! They can only do so much and have no options other than to say they're sorry when problems arise, the executives are solely to blame (Accountability). It seems they must be distant from the overall process i.e. quality control, part supply, etc, etc, in actuality they should be embarrassed. Why should any Viking customer have to wait weeks or even months for service due to a lack of part availability? This also reflects on the service people and their small company's service job becomes protracted and customers like myself get disgusted.

I've recently dissuaded two of my friends from making a Viking Range purchase and not for any reason other than reliability, I am not going to be embarrassed. I just say don't judge book by its cover (oh but it's beautiful). I agree but it does NOT live up to its name, it's so sad especially when you spend big $$$s and that's for low end of the Viking range line. In summary and again I will not recommend Viking, hence to be forewarned is to be forearmed!!!

Viking Ranges

Thank you for sharing your experience with Viking. We are extremely happy to hear how much you love your cooktop.

Original review: March 15, 2017

I bought my Viking Range at Best Buy and I love it. Pacific Sales, the company that sold me the floor model, was very helpful. We were in the middle of a remodel at our house so we were buying a refrigerator, a dishwasher, and a microwave for the counter. We looked at the Viking ones and we were kind of disappointed with them. They didn't live up to the Viking quality. Also, the salespeople there told us that they are actually made for Viking by another company because people want the Viking line and matching appliances. Nevertheless, I've always liked Viking gas ranges because they're most well known for their commercial type features. I've liked the cooktop most of all because I like cooking with gas. In sum, my experience with Viking Ranges has been fantastic.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Viking Ranges

Thank you for your comments. At times we have to use outside contractors and we appreciate the feedback so we can work with them as to not have these type of issues in the future.

Original review: March 14, 2017

I had a frustrating and disappointing experience with Viking Ranges. I chose it because of the style and cost but the range I received was horrible. The first time I used it, I turned on the burners and then I turned on the oven. Underneath the burner, it exploded into a flame so I got a fire extinguisher and put it out. I called Viking and they sent out a repairman. He looked at it and he said that the range was a total loss so they arranged to have it replaced. When they came out to replace it, they arranged the time with me.

The night before the agreed time, they called me on a robocall and told me a different time. So I called them back and I said, "I've already arranged to meet at the time we agreed." They called back and said, "No, we can't do that." They said that the only way I can arrange the time is to wait 'til 24 hours before they'll tell me when the time would be. That's hard to do if you're working so that was a hassle. So I said, "I don't know what to do because I can't meet that time you want 'cause I've already arranged with my work to be the other time, which we already agreed to, well, I already made the appointment." That was a week earlier and they said at that time it was fine to have the time that we arranged. So I did, then they said they didn't have another day when they could tell me when they could come back. They called me an hour later and said, "Okay, we can meet your original time." They came and replaced my range.

Viking’s customer service reps were fine but their service people were a hassle because of the scheduling. The actual service man who came out was fine. What happened was very dangerous. The repairman even said that if I turned on the oven first, let it go for a long time and then turn the burner on, there could have been an explosion. But I had the burner on first and then I turned the oven on so all it did was catch fire underneath the burner. My Viking Range works fine now. It's just that I got a really bad Viking Range in the beginning.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I always wanted a Viking Range. I love it and its quality is really good. I love to cook and I enjoy every aspect of the range. Plus, the team at the Viking dealer was good.

I thought Viking products were exceptional. They are not. Our range is 15 years old and he have had it repaired four times. Each time, the cost is very high. Also, a repair business doesn't want to come to our house because we are 40 miles away. Viking did talk them into it. We have probably spent more than $1,200 on repairs since we had the range. I will not buy another Viking product.

Viking Ranges

We appreciate your comments and are excited to hear about your experience.

Original review: March 6, 2017

I like the look of Viking Range and the quality's good so far. The dealer was friendly and answered all of my questions. It's been a pleasure dealing with Viking.

Viking Ranges

Thank you for letting us know where we need to improve. We greatly appreciate your feedback.

Original review: March 5, 2017

We were looking for the type of professional oven and knew Viking had a good name. We looked at the other ones, too but chose the Viking. The quality is a little bit shifty and could be better for the price. I’ve already had it serviced back in November because the oven wasn’t starting for me right away. However, the repairman came just two weeks ago, that’s how long it took me to get service. We live in a very small rural community and it was very frustrating calling Viking. Also, the oven is a little small for me at times. Other than that, it’s fine and I really like it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

So far, everything is good with the Viking range and I enjoy it a lot but I have noticed that the door to the oven is not exactly centered. Other than that, I'm very pleased and would recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Viking Range in our house has been in it longer than we have and we've been here for maybe four years but it's pretty good. I got it serviced last Friday to make sure all the parts are working in order and for the most part, everything is working fairly well. I like the griddle part of the range because it's fairly easy to use and clean. The whole range is easy to clean because everything pops off fairly easy. I'm not a neat freak but it's nice to be able to get all the food out of the crevices. Also, cooking on it is fairly easy.

But, I can't get the temperature low enough. The low feature is too hot and when I simmer, I can't seem to get close enough to it without igniting the pilot light again. For example, usually with rice, you put on a low simmer and the low setting is just still too hot for it. Also, I don't know if this would interfere with the flame but we have a gas stove and an overhead exhaust and it would be nice to have the exhaust where the oven outtake is. Because instead of having an exhaust over the food, it would just be more on the same plane as the food. It's also nice to not have the fan on because it's so loud when I'm cooking and I feel like I'm in a wind tunnel. But other than those, the functionality of the stove is quite useful.

The dual oven is also pretty nice but its cavity can't fit a turkey. You have the three-inch roasting pin, the elevation to that and then you have the bird which has a big breadth to it so I'm not able to put it in the oven. But, for the most part, it's pretty nice with the conduction and all those features. Then, we have an industrial professional grade, so it's raised off the floor a good three inches. You could use that to gain more cavity space. In addition, we have a little warming oven to the side and the width of that is too narrow but the height on it is perfect. I would like it a little bit wider for most dishes and sheet pans.

I think it's very reliable and very consistent. However, my husband said that if he had his wishes, he wouldn't buy a Viking range again, but he doesn't cook and he doesn't get into the kitchen at all. I think it's because it's such a big piece of equipment but the actual components of it are very small. Wolf is what he really liked and the dial controls are a lot more flexible based on what you're cooking and the cavity is much bigger. But I would say some positives with Viking is that the cooktop space of the range is very open. I have a lot of big pans but I'm able to put two big pans side-by-side without having problems. Also, I can put a small pan on top and not feel like it's being swallowed up by the burner.

Viking Ranges

Thank you for your review and letting us know how we can improve. Your feed back is greatly appreciated.

Original review: March 2, 2017

We were building a home three years ago, and I looked up about Viking, Wolf and other ranges and decided to get a Viking. I thought it was a top-of-the-line product and I liked the sleek look of it compared to Wolf. I'm now on my second Viking since the one that was initially put into my home did not heat properly and it did not cook right since the day it was installed. So eventually, the door wouldn't close completely and that was under some recall type of thing. Viking ended up replacing the entire unit.

However, there is only one repair service here in Columbus that deals with Viking as far as I know. I keep being told that's because Viking is either charging too much money and/or won't supply the parts and I would love to see some more competition rather than just one repair service that I have to call and pay their prices to repair a Viking product. I have a lot of friends that have Viking, and we all have to use the same people to repair the products.

Viking Ranges

We appreciate your comments and are excited to hear about your great Viking experience.

Original review: March 1, 2017

Our Viking Range is beautiful. We looked at the features and, it's just so solid. The burners are huge which was something we definitely wanted, and it's perfect for our kitchen as it fits in with everything else. Their reps were very helpful and knew the product well. We had it installed, and then, all of a sudden, there was a gas leak. But it wasn’t the stove. It was the plumber. Apparently, the back-left of the stove, the part that comes from the gas line that goes into the back, hadn’t been tightened and he put pipe dope on a compression fitting, which was stupid. Some of that got into the two back burners and they weren’t working, and we smelled gas every morning. So, we had their authorized tech come out and he was fabulous. He found it, cleaned out the ports, and all the burners worked beautifully. So far, it’s the best oven-stove combo we’ve ever had and we love it.

Viking Ranges

Thank you for sharing your Viking experience. We are happy to hear that even though you had an issue we were able to get it taken care of thru our warranty team.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

I bought this $11,000 stove from Viking Ranges and five days later, something went wrong. I called and they had someone out here quickly and fix it. I'm really happy with it. It's a great product. Everything's fine and I would recommend them.

Viking Ranges

Thank you so much for sharing your Viking experience. We are extremely happy to hear that you love your range.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

We had a built-in grill when we moved into the house about 40 years ago. We then replaced that and got a 24-inch Viking grill. When we decided to get a new stove, we wanted to match it up. Previously we had an electric stove. We checked other things like BlueStar, but we liked the looks and the style of Viking so we selected it. It's great and the heat of the range is so much even and it works so much better. The temperature control is really nice and I like the one pullout rack which is really convenient.

The product is also easy to clean. I lift up the racks on top of this each day and I can dust underneath there. You can take the ceramic tops or the steel tops off the burners as well. It’s really nice and so much better than electric. It also looks like a million bucks and will never go out of style. It always looks like a professional item and is classy looking too. It's the best there is. The installers did an excellent job and we had all the trim pieces. We inquired about getting a broiler from them but Viking doesn't make them anymore.

I’m going to have to have some Viking products when we move. I was in the Fire Department before I retired and all the fire stations had Viking grills and gas stoves. There were about 8-burner stoves and that’s where I first saw them. They always worked well. I am thankful for Viking's good products and am appreciative of them. I’d highly recommend Viking.

Our Viking Range was only 4 years old when a tiny part in the electronic panel broke in half. After searching for many hours for someone willing to come and fix it, we were told that most likely the whole electronic panel would have to be replaced. Not satisfied with this, we continued our research and found that this defect was very common, and that the $20 dollar part could be purchased and replaced quite easily. We found someone that ordered the part (he was the one that told us that this was quite common and that a recall should have been done on our model of range).

Since being fixed, the control knob has never worked very well and was quite finicky to turn the oven on. Now, after owning this range for only 5 years, the circuit board has shorted out. Rather than spend a dime on fixing this, I would rather just throw it out and buy a new and more simply made range. DO NOT waste your money on Viking products. They do not stand behind their appliances and it is nearly impossible to find someone that will waste their time fixing them. Go with something that can be easily fixed as I believe all appliances nowadays are designed to fail hours after their warranty has expired.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I owned a 4-burner Viking range back in 2005 and they were good. When we built our house, we tossed back and forth with other ranges. But we went with Viking once again. I couldn't settle for something else and it seemed like I was settling if I got something different. I like the different top for the broiler. We use it daily and we're very happy.

My oven worked beautifully until I decided to use the clean cycle. Afterwards, I lost the alarm on the timer. I also noticed that it was not keeping accurate temperature. Called repairman who came out and checked the control board and said it needed replacing. Replaced it today and, after repairman left, I tried to bake. The oven reaches the set temperature but then begins to cool down and never clicks back on to warm back up. I am so frustrated. Just to have a repairman step foot in my house is $95! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Updated on 03/07/2017: After replacing control board and thermostat, my oven still does not hold temperature. It will reach temperature setting initially but will decrease and never reach original set temp. After authorized Viking repairman replaced thermostat, he called Viking Help Line. They were not able to offer any help. We are now replacing internal temperature probe to see if that makes any difference at all. After we replace this part, there is nothing else to replace (other than the oven). I am so disappointed as I purchased this oven because it was made in the USA and was supposed to be top of the line. We have now invested way more money than we should have! Never, ever, ever use the cleaning cycle!

Factual basis uncertain

I have an issue with Viking Range that took me over two months to get resolved so I was not happy with it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My brother has a Viking range in his house that he built 10 years ago, and they loved it. I was doing a kitchen remodel and looked at a few different options, and I liked the reputation of Viking and the look of their range compared to some of the competitors. Furthermore, their warranty was better than some of the competitors. Once I figured out that one of the burners on the top was meant for boiling water because it puts out a bigger flame, I have loved that feature.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like the aesthetics of the Viking Range and the way it fits in the kitchen. It’s also decent quality. There are higher-end ones but I’m not one that’s gonna spend that kind of money, and even this is overkill. But this would be a better choice. Also, at the time that we bought it, there was a rebate on the range with the hood so that also persuaded us a bit.

Viking Ranges

We are so sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your unit. We will have a customer care representative contact you to get your information and see if we can assist with getting parts out.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

Viking Range is difficult to get in touch with customer service and parts take WEEKS to get. And when they do arrive they don't always work. I have had my Viking range since 2006. In the beginning we had to have the ignitor switches replaced. I believe it was under warranty at the time. The smoke eliminator fell out of the larger oven but it is very difficult for the homeowner to replace as the heating element covers the area where the casing of the smoke eliminator and I do not feel comfortable removing the heating element. Another issue that we have had is the self-cleaning on the small oven stopped working. I have since figured the issue out that the door wasn't closing enough for the self-clean to work. I now need to push the door tightly closed until the self-cleaning function kicks in.

Now comes my biggest issue. On the morning of December 25, 2016, I cooked a breakfast casserole in the larger oven. Later in the morning I went to put the turkey in the larger oven to find that there was no heat. The fan continued to run but neither the broiler or bake element would work. I called one of the two "certified" Viking specialists in my area. They couldn't come out until December 29. Once they arrived they called Viking who told them that I needed a new circuit board. I had issues with getting in touch with the Viking recommended Mr. Appliance after I put down a 50% deposit and was forced to call another Viking recommended "certified" appliance repair company. The second company called Viking Range and ordered the parts that were needed for the repair.

It took 3 weeks to get the parts because they were in production. The parts finally came in and the repair guy came out to the house, put the part in... it didn't work. The circuit board was faulty. He then tried to move the small oven circuit board to the larger oven and it shorted because once he tried to put it back into the small oven it didn't work.

So now I sit here on February 20, 2017, almost TWO MONTHS LATER, with no oven at all (it was difficult only having access to an oven that only holds a 9x13" pan) and no stove top (one of the repair guys told us that we had to disconnect the gas in order to repair so we had to hire a plumber to come out to disconnect the gas for the low low price of $130. That was done on 1/3/17). I have since had to purchase a countertop burner because I am assuming these parts will take weeks to get. Every Appliance Repair company complains about how hard it is to get in touch with Viking Range. I am fed up with Viking Range and will never recommend their products to anyone, especially for the price.

Viking Ranges

We appreciate your comments. We are sorry to hear that you had issues in the beginning but we are happy to hear that we were able to get this issues resolved to your satisfaction

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

I can finally say I am happy with my Viking range. Took them 3 months to replace the first one because the griddle never worked right but now that it's replaced I am satisfied. The oven holds the set temperature very well, although it does take a long time to heat up.

Overall experience is very positive. Viking Range delivered and installed in satisfactory order. Range is working very well. Product meets the expectations. Two comments: The roasting pan was not included with the range. Had to call Viking Direct and order from Parts Dept. Evidently, the dealer said that I was not the only customer who did not receive the roasting pan. VIKING should ensure that roasting pans are included with the stove when delivered. One of the burners does not fire up as well as the other. Will need to call the dealer for service. Overall - happy to have made the purchase.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Viking came to be a staple in the high-end industry and it had a good price point relative to other high-end manufacturers. A couple of the alternatives had electronics on them and there is a concern that electronics break, but ours doesn’t.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I just moved in my condo and my Viking range was in the condo when I bought it. I've only had it a couple of months and it has been fine. It's a high quality product. I had a Wolf range in the past, and it's about the same quality. It's good.

Viking Ranges Company Profile