Accredited Partner

Viking Ranges

Viking Ranges
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.75/5

Viking is a luxury appliance manufacturer that offers high-performance ranges, refrigerators, dishwashers and more. Its ranges are available in a variety of burner configurations, sizes and fuel types. Customers see the widest variety of options with Viking gas ranges or dual-fuel models. Viking electric ranges or induction ranges have fewer size or configuration options, but these models are still feature-rich and can be customized by color.

Viking Gallery (6)

BOTTOM LINE

Viking is a U.S.-based luxury appliance manufacturer. It sells ranges in different sizes, burner configurations and fuel types. Its products can be expensive, but they’re designed to last.

PROS

• Luxury designs and materials
  • Customizable
  • Long-lasting
  • Promotional offers and rebates

CONS

• Limited pricing transparency
  • Expensive

Top Viking Ranges Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Viking Range is a good range and we haven't had any issues with it. It looks commercial grade but for residential. I like the quality and it cooks well. Also, their representative was helpful.

I’ve called Viking Range several times for various questions since we bought a house with a Viking built in refrigerator… Hope from customer service and Stuart from the service side were a huge help.... I would never have gotten this type of support from any of the mainstream appliance companies…

What are Viking ranges?

Whether you’re shopping for a range or a warming drawer, Viking products are known for their reliability, functionality, professional quality and attractive designs. It offers appliances for indoor and outdoor kitchens and has many colors and styles to choose from.

Here are the types of cooking products you can expect to find at your local dealer or showroom:

• Freestanding ranges
  • Rangetops
  • Stovetops
  • Ovens
  • Microwaves
  • Warming drawers

How long do Viking ranges last?

Your Viking range’s life expectancy is heavily influenced by how often the stove is used and how well it’s cleaned and maintained. As a general rule, most ranges last from 10 to 20 years. Gas ranges have an average life expectancy of 15 years, while electric ranges typically last for 13 years. Viking strives to be at the higher end of that scale, and it designs its ranges to compare with professional appliances known to last as long as 40 years.

Viking offers a two-year limited warranty on its products. This warranty covers workmanship or material defects and is valid from your date of purchase. Products can be returned for an exchange within 10 days of purchase, or you can return your range for repairs if you experience issues.

Viking range prices

Viking ranges typically start at around $4,000, but its larger and more luxurious models can cost more than $20,000. Its cooktops range from $1,500 to $8,000, and wall ovens generally cost around $6,000 to $14,000.

The price of any appliance depends on its size, number of burners, fuel type and the dealer’s pricing. You can request a quote online or visit one of its local dealers to get pricing on the model you’re interested in. Viking also offers a variety of promotional offers.

Viking FAQ

Who owns Viking ranges?
Viking is owned by the Middleby Corporation, which is based out of Illinois.
Who manufactures Viking appliances?
Viking manufactures its appliances from one of its four manufacturing plants in Mississippi. The company works to attract tourism to its headquarters city in Greenwood, Mississippi.
Is Viking an American company?
Viking is a U.S. company. It’s based in Greenwood, Mississippi, and is involved with the local community.
How do you start a Viking stovetop?
To light the surface burner, push and turn the knob for that burner. For more details on how to operate your Viking stovetop, consult the user manual for your model.

Are Viking appliances good?

Viking is known for designing and manufacturing high-quality, professional-grade kitchen appliances. Its products have luxurious styles and materials, so these ranges are more expensive than your typical stovetop. Pricing isn’t available online, but customers can receive quotes online or with a local Viking dealer.

Viking Ranges Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking Ranges?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

My experience has been horrible. I planned and did everything right. I wanted to make sure I researched. I wanted to support the country too. What I was thinking was either Miele or Viking. Miele was made by Germany while Viking was made in the US. I've built my house and everything we use is made in the USA. Pacific Sales told me to go with a Viking. I asked how was their service and they said everything is perfect. When we called them, they said it would take longer. It was about closer to Thanksgiving time. They said it takes about eight weeks to build it. Somehow, somewhere, somebody called me one day and said they had one Viking unit sitting in the warehouse. I asked if it was a return unit and the guy said no. They brought it to the house and installed it.

After a couple of months, we smelled gas. I called the gas company and they detected the whole house and found out it was the unit which was leaking the gas so they shut it off. When you turn the oven on, you'll hear a "tick, tick, tick" but it will not ignite. Then it will fill up the whole house with gas smell. When I called the service company, I told them, “The gas company canceled my gas. Can you send somebody so they can fix it?" The lady said, "Oh, we have until next week." When we told the gas company we smelled gas, they showed up within an hour because it was urgent.

The guy opened the whole unit and found out that the end of the gas igniter and all the electrical were exposed. It was sparking at the back of it instead of the front. He said it could cause an explosion so he unhooked it and said I could not use it until they replaced it. They came over and changed it but again, it started the other side. At that moment, I called Pacific Sales. I told them I bought this thing for safety. I have young children. It made me uncomfortable to use this unit. I didn't want it anymore. If they could replace it, that would be great. I didn't wanna keep calling somebody.

What I found out was that the best interest of the companies that they use for repairs is to come back because every time they come back, they're charging Viking service fee. They're the one who can make the decision whether things could be repaired or whether things could be exchanged and they always say it will not be exchanged it but it will be repaired.

They came back again and this time, the grill was not fitting. The guy bent the pipe. I said, "Isn't this pipe engineered and shouldn't have bent like the way you've done?" He said it was okay. They're supposed to quality check before they ship it. It should have been tested if it closed perfectly. So I called called Pacific Sale back. They kept giving me the runaround. The other day, I called them and said, "Every time you do it, the same thing keeps going. I'm tired of somebody coming to my house and doing this thing.” They said they were not gonna change. They were gonna send another third party company to look at it if I wanted that but they were not gonna replace it.

The griller doesn't work. You turn it on and wait. One day it works, one day it doesn't. They said somebody will contact me within 24 to 48 hours but they never contacted me. The other day, I told the lady, "You know me. I talked to you many times, right?" She said, "Yeah, yeah, Mr. **. I talked to you. Now, I actually have a report for you. My boss told me no, we're not gonna do it." I asked if he could call call me but she told me he doesn't call. I'm discussing with my attorney what are my options are. It's not right. My family's safety is important. I regret it ever buying this unit. I wish I never dealt with them. I spent closer to $60,000 for that purchase. Viking hood and Viking range are the two things I bought. The rest of it was Sub-Zero and Miele and I have no issue with those equipment.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I liked the look of the Viking Ranges and the reviews on them. It didn’t quite meet my expectations, but I'm pretty happy with it. The front door is just a little crooked. We had a guy come out to service it. We are reasonably satisfied with our experience with Viking.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

Everything is fantastic with my Viking range. The brand was associated with high-end quality, durability and functionality and I wasn't misled, that's for sure. I really liked the fact that it seems like a commercial kitchen, but yet there are some modern aspects to it. It works how I want it to work. While I don't anticipate purchasing another one anytime soon, I have no doubts that if I ever needed another range, I would be coming back to Viking.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

Our Viking range works when we want to use it. It looks nice. It's also fairly easy to figure things out quickly without much of a problem. We don't have any issues with it.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I got a Viking range for matching my kitchen because I had already bought a Sub-Zero. The quality is excellent. It controls the heat quite well.

Original review: July 21, 2020

We bought our Viking range through Best Buy and the customer service was good over there until we started getting the appliances. They said it was like a white glove delivery. They took everything apart and installed it and it wasn't smooth. The fridge door was damaged and they swapped it but it wasn't good. They brought another one and it was exactly the same problem. We had to change it two times. They left that plastic that covered the stainless steel of the fridge. They didn't remove it well so it's hard to get it now.

Then, the first person that came to install the range said he didn't know how to install a gas range and an electrical oven so he just walked away. The other people that came to install it had the pieces they needed to bring, but they didn't have any other time to come and my husband and I had bought tickets for a concert so my husband had to miss that. I had to go by myself and we lost the money on that. And the guy was saying racist things. Also, the dishwasher came and it was completely destroyed. The door was all bent. We moved into the kitchen without the dishwasher. Then they brought a dishwasher and they installed it bad. They sent us the new people to install it and those people treated me really bad. It was a battle.

If Viking has their product represented by Best Buy, it wasn't good and unfortunately, that’s reflected on Viking's product. But when we had a little problem with our range and we had to call Viking for the warranty, which was surprising, they resolved it. They sent a company that will come cover my area and they came after I called. It was relatively fast.

Original review: May 30, 2020

Viking always had a very high-quality name and it's one of the higher-end appliances that you can buy. Aside from that, I'm a big person that grew up where you didn't rely on other countries for anything and with Viking, everything is made here in the USA. It provides jobs for people here and the quality isn't junk. Compared to that, I've been seeing a lot of things deteriorate in products that were imported into the country.

I went onto the Viking website a couple of times and looked at the different models as well as some of the specs. I shopped around a little bit but Viking is one of those products with prices that are pretty even across the board. There might be a sale every now and then but I didn't see one dealer offering it any cheaper than another dealer, which a lot of times is a sign that they don't have to reduce the prices because they know it is a good product. And if we want it, then we're gonna have to pay for it.

So, I decided to buy Viking appliances and I ended up going with a company out of New York City called AJ Madison, who I found out is a major appliance distributor for all kinds of different appliances places like Home Depot and Lowe's. They were very accommodating and I paid over $16,000 for the appliances that I ordered from them. They kept them in storage for close to six months or more before I actually needed them and gave me some breaks on shipping cost on some of the stuff that I found out later I needed that I hadn't ordered the first time. They gave me a discount on the shipping because I ordered them in New York and had to have them shipped to Texas.

I also bought the five-year warranty on all the appliances and at the time, they had a special where if you bought four items, you got one free. Plus, there was some kind of a rebate going on which I found somewhat attractive. I got a rebate check for $750 on all the appliances, so that was a good incentive, considering the amount of appliances that I bought. But even if there hadn't been a rebate, I still would've bought Viking.

But then, I had a little bit of an issue in trying to submit the rebate information on Viking's website. I did not have the serial number for the chimney hood that I ordered and I called AJ Madison because they had a lot of them on file from their inventory. They gave me a number, but when I went to the website to fill out the rebate information, for some reason, that number was not recognized. I ended up calling customer support hotline because I couldn't get it to actually go through and the reps I talked to were great and very helpful.

In the end, I spent three times the allowance that was given to us by the builder for the whole package on the kitchen appliances and I did that because this may be the last house I ever build and I wanted to get something that would last, would be reliable, and would give my wife some pleasure in cooking on it because she likes to cook. So far, we have not used the appliances much but after we ran the dishwasher the first time, I noticed that for some reason, it had a plastic cover at the bottom of it that's like a kickplate. And when I opened the door up, it would not go all the way down. I had to remove that kickplate in order to get the door to go all the way down and I don't know if it just wasn't installed correctly. But I'll try to schedule an appointment with the warranty company to see if they can come out there and take a look at it.

Other than that, the other appliances were fine and as far as the beauty, the feel, and the quality, the saying, "You get what you pay for," holds true with the Viking products. Hopefully, we're gonna get many years of enjoyment out of the appliances that we got and if we have a problem with them, we should be able to get them repaired. I wouldn't have a problem if there'd be an embargo with China and it's the only place where the special component that the stove needs in order to run can be found. I also hope that Viking will have those parts here in this country and stock, and any replacement parts will be easy to get.

Besides that, I hope my review will not only help Viking but also encourage more people to buy American made and not just order something through Amazon. When you do that and you try to return something, you end up not having customer support. You end up pulling a phone number where it's a revolving loop and you rarely ever get to talk to a human. I'd buy stuff from Amazon, then I'd get it and I'd find out that it was not the right one or it wouldn't fit. And 90% of the time, I didn't even bother to try to return what I bought because I knew the effort, the time, and the frustration that it'd take me to try and send it back, get a refund or an exchange. It's just not worth it.

Original review: May 22, 2020

We like the quality of Viking. They had a wall oven, the French door design, and both my husband and I fell in love with it. We compared it to the only other product out there that I'm aware of that had a French door wall oven, which was GE, and it didn't compare as far as quality. We've had our Viking installed in November of last year and we have had several issues, but it they are all being resolved. The wall oven had a heating issue where it took too long to heat up. There was a panel that just got replaced this week, and that is not working. And then on the range, the glass in the oven door slid around a little bit. It took a while to get this issue resolved, but we have just found out they're gonna replace the entire range.

I work with Gygi, the company we purchased them through, and they've been awesome. The repair company, Kimball, has been dealing with us as far as the repair. They've been a little bit slow to get back to us because they say Viking was slow too. But as soon as I contacted Gygi and told them, "Hey, something's not getting handled here," they got involved and it that was resolved within a day.

The range has been fine. I haven't used the oven too much because we use the wall oven. We were having issues with it taking too long to warm up, but that's now been resolved. Another thing I love about the range is underneath the burners, they have this whole big shelf you can pull out and clean. It catches everything that might have fallen while you're cooking and that is awesome because all you got to do is pull it out and clean it. It's the same thing on the inside on the range. They have the whole bottom piece. You can lift it right out of the oven and clean it by hand. So, that's pretty awesome too. I want it to look like it was brand new forever.

Original review: May 2, 2020

Viking is a major brand and it has a good reputation as a few others. And I like the look. It had what I wanted. I wanted gas for a burner and an oven and this model fit the occasion. We went to a dealer that carried their brand and we had a great guy. Everything went very well. The gentleman had to order it and he was nice enough to put it in his warehouse. Everything worked out well.

We’re happy with the unit. We had an old Wedgewood that was well over 60 years old and it’s a big upgrade from what we had. It’s a compact, four-burner with a little space in the middle. It would be nice to have at least one burner that's flat, a large surface for simmering. But other than that, it works very well. One of their nice little features is the little light. We use that as a night light. We put it on and it does the kitchen just perfect. It’s designed very well. We bought the backsplash and that generates the heat up and out, forward, so our hood catches everything very nice.

There’s a plate that crosses over the open space and a screw fell out and the plate was loose. We took the plate and the screw and we called Viking. They sent a gentleman out and he fixed it. It was installed and everything was good, but the screw started backing out and it chewed up like the porcelain on the inside of the door. We had that replaced and he put a little stuff on there to keep the screw tight so it wouldn’t back out. So far, it's been good. Also, we spotted that on the inside bottom part of the insulation strip, like the O-ring of sorts that goes around the glass at the face of the oven, the rubber was sticking out and that was fixed. He put it on correctly. The gentleman was very good.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

I’m a previous owner of a Viking range and I’ve also got friends and family that have Viking. Also, years ago, I worked in a commercial industry where the restaurant that we were in used Viking Ranges. I bought a standing range that has an oven underneath and for me, the main feature is the oven. The responsiveness of the oven, the temperature control, and the consistency in its convection oven are excellent. Also, the reason I chose Viking has to do with the type of burners that they have and the difference between a direct flame versus an indirect flame. It really has to do with your cooking preferences. I like direct heat. I like the heat that you can immediately adjust because, with a lot of indirect flames, you still have the cover that holds heat.

However, the oven had a few minor things that needed to be repaired. There was a little bit of damage to the top shelf, but I’m sure that Viking didn’t ship it that way. Anything that’s shipped that’s that heavy can have shipping damage to it and it didn’t stress me out. I called the 800 number and talked with their customer service a couple of times. The people there are polite and professional. They’re sympathetic to any situation that you need assistance with and they understand the importance of having an oven that may not be working perfectly. They were quick and responsive in getting someone to come out to the house and replace the part. Plus, the people they send to your house are excellent. All in all, the Viking range is great and I’m about to help my mother buy one for her house.

Viking Ranges response

We are pleased Viking was able to accommodate your personal preference; Thank You for allowing us the opportunity.

Viking Range