toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Viking Ranges

Thank you for sharing your Viking experience. We are so happy to hear that you love your range.

Original review: June 2, 2017

When we were searching for a range, some people were trying to sell me Wolf, Thermador, and Bertazzoni. There were some other brands they were telling me and I didn’t like what I was hearing. They were also telling me not to buy Viking but I stuck with my plan to either buy Wolf or Viking. I looked at Wolf first but then I didn’t like what some people were telling me about Wolf. They have good equipment but the price was extremely high. Then I found a guy who was willing to negotiate the prices so I decided to go with Viking. He did a really great job. He brought out all kinds of brochures that he had and gave it to me for me to look into it. I'm gonna go back to his place because we are also interested in buying a refrigerator and we want to go with Viking. My wife and I are really happy with the Viking equipment that we bought. Everything’s working very well and we love that. Viking is the best.

The Viking Range makes me feel like a Master Chef... In 30 years and many gas ranges, this is the best range we have ever had. We had a minor service problem with our grill and gas broiler which was immediately taken care of without charge. The service department was by far the best I've dealt with in my experiences with other companies. We are going to be moving soon and I will get another Viking - The Best Gas Range Ever!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We purchased a Viking refrigerator in 2008. We have had continuous problems with it and have had times gone up to five months because the parts could not be delivered. Our latest problem began the end of June and the repairman is still waiting for the part to be delivered. While the repair service is competent I believe, they cannot do anything unless they have the parts. This is been a totally frustrating experience. Having paid for a very expensive and supposedly high-quality refrigerator it is frustrating to see how many times it has broken and how long it takes to get a repair. We also have a cheaper fridge purchased at the same time when we built our home and it continues to work just fine with no repairs as of today. I would not recommend Viking to anyone. Having just got off the phone with Joy from customer service she is a ray of hope.

This completes my ordeal with my Viking dishwasher. If you want to read the previous sordid details, please refer to my only other review on this site. Picking up a month ago, the dishwasher began to malfunction, not properly feeding the cleaning capsule. This was an intermittent problem until this last weekend, when it malfunctioned two times in a row. I called Viking and was told my warranty expired in March of this year. Keep in mind this was the second Viking dishwasher, the first having been replaced at no cost after it could not be repaired in five trips by the service people, over a period of seven weeks. Since I had my first Viking dishwasher purchased in March 2012, the longest period of time it has worked without needing a repair was 15 months.

I use my dishwasher perhaps one a week, so my calculations are that -- if you use yours daily and have the same amount of trouble I do -- you should be able to go around 2-3 months without needing a service call. My Viking fridge, microwave, and range work fine, by the way, but obviously, Viking has major problems both with the reliability of the dishwasher and with authorized service. I will never buy another Viking product--my new dishwasher is a Bosch. Please wish me luck.

We have had many ranges over time. They only last 10 years at best nowadays. We picked a Viking because it's old school. No or very little electronics to break.

Factual basis uncertain

VGBQ54224 NSS Viking 54" outdoor grill - I installed this BBQ less than 1.5 years ago and am finding extremely unacceptable parts failure already. Each one of the briquette trays which sit above the burners, have becoming structurally unsound, to the extent that the briquettes are now falling into the base of the grill from 1 of 4 of these trays. If I were to guess, it seems as though Viking received a bad batch of stainless steel, which would be the only feasible explanation for such premature failure. You'd figure with the Viking name, that quality is foremost, and such product inadequacies would be non-existent, let alone the price one pays for the Viking name. Extremely dissatisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Back in 2013, I was going to do a remodel to my house kitchens with a centerpiece. It was gonna be open to all of the appliances and we’re going to be in view in the open area. I was looking for a bit more than the GEs but there’s quite a few to choose from and Viking was close. The Viking range is excellent. It’s the leader of the pack and we’re so happy with it. The burners can be quickly assembled for cleaning purposes and I like their layout. The range is very serviceable, very durable, and the oven is fantastic. The racks in the oven are extremely easy to move and work with, very heavy and it gives me a lot of confidence working with them. The stove has a dent in the back for the heat to come out and that creates a primary heat in the backslash. I don’t think there’s another stove out there that would beat Viking but they’ve got to get rid of the heat somewhere. There was absolutely no service calls on the range. It’s been perfect and it’s amazing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I followed the "seasoning" directions for my range. After attempting to "season" the grill, it immediately rusted. When I contacted Viking about this problem; they responded first with having a certified personnel come out and take a look at the rust. Then when the personnel reported it back to Viking they responded with it was a "human error" and did nothing about this at all. I followed the "seasoning" procedures in their manual. Viking blamed me for the rust. Unprofessional and ridiculous.

Viking Ranges

Viking is truly sorry to hear of the issues you hare having. We will have someone from the customer care team contact you shortly.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Sales communications could have been better, as when the range arrived the installation was not scheduled. There is a bow in the bottom panel, and the gas ignites in the oven only %50 of the time, the other $50 of the time only smell gas - unfortunately two "whumphhh!" booms occurred inside which is how I discovered the gas does not ignite well - obviously a small explosion occurred and I will not use the oven.

The result so far after several months since I placed the order?: Service took two weeks to get scheduled for a repair date that is an additional three weeks out. I still have no idea if this is covered under warranty or if it can be fixed, I only know I waited for ever and have a nice looking range that is only %50 useful, and in general underperforms vs Thermador, which I would have bought had I not had my heart set on a specific color. I still have no oven to use, not worth it after several months experience (so far).

Viking Ranges

Thank you for your comments. We are so happy to hear how much you love your products.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Viking is a company that truly backs their products. Excellent service by Viking regional office and my local dealer, Park City & Heber Appliance service and parts. I love both my Viking Range and Viking Microwave and couldn't be happier with the service I have received.

Viking Ranges

Viking is truly sorry to hear of the issues you had with the delivery of your refrigerator. We are glad to see that the warranty was able to take care of the issues with the scratches on the refrigerator.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Stove is brand new and scratches very easily. Refrigerator arrived with interior scratches and had to have another one ordered and installed. With the cost of these products and well known name of Viking I was expecting better and more durable quality.

Viking Ranges

Viking is truly sorry to hear of the issues you have been having. We will have someone from our customer care team contact you shortly.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Range came with griddle not working and oven not working. Griddle was repaired, but still waiting for oven to be fixed, months later. Very disappointed after spending $9900. When we called up last week, we were told to wait, that it takes a while.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My friend had a Viking range and recommended it to us. We didn’t have a place for a double oven in the wall, so I wanted a large range and the Viking range happened to be available. We were looking at Wolf initially but the Viking range that we found and purchased was with the dual fuel and it was also the floor model. So it was over the top, but our kitchen is over the top as well, so it went with our kitchen. Also, the quality of the range is wonderful. I like the convection oven that I've never had before and I use it all the time. It definitely works a lot faster than other ovens.

We received a lot of appliances with different brands from the Viking dealer and the reps there were good. When we first had the Viking range installed, the convection fan was really loud and would rattle the floor when we put the convection oven on. They had somebody come out and replace the fan. It still gets a little loud, but it doesn’t do anymore what it did before, and we hope that we don’t have to ever deal with that situation again. They definitely rectified the situation promptly and that was really good. I will go back to Viking Ranges.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were looking for a couple of appliances to buy and for the best deal we could get. We were confined to certain specs and the Viking Range fits our needs. I like that it heats up quickly. We also have a Viking dishwasher but it has not been great. The people who came to repair it were nice enough, but we've been waiting to get a part for two months. Still, the Viking dealer is available and good to get back to us if we leave a message.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We purchased our Viking Range from someone off Craigslist and it was a good deal. Also, it seemed to be a brand that would be good quality and would last longer than some of the other brands. It was easy to put together, use and it has a good result with cooking. We like the dehydration feature and we've been very happy with the quality so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've known about Viking for a long time. I knew that it was a very admired and respected brand. I like its simplicity and amazing quality. I can't believe I have such a nice piece of equipment. I looked at the Wolf, and every time I tried to play with the griddle, I had difficulty getting it out. That's why I went with the Viking over the Wolf. I love the burners and the fact that I could get super hot and piercing. However, I emailed the Viking rep that works with the store about the i-Thermometer that I was supposed to get. They didn't get back to me so I’ve got to email them again. I was also wondering about the iDevice that I didn’t get too. But all in all, it's been awesome with Viking Ranges.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Viking Range I own came with the condo and it's a nice range. It has a large surface and has more burners than what I'm used to on other ranges I've had. So far, my experience with it has been positive.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got a Viking Range when we purchased our home and it was recommended by the builder. It's been good quality so far and it cooks quicker and more even than the previous range we had. I'm very happy with it and I'd recommend Viking Ranges.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Ten years ago, we saw Viking ranges when we did some other kitchen. We had bought a Samsung Dual Fuel and it was a month-old when it broke, so we sent it back. They brought us another one and that one broke too, so we decided not to go to Samsung anymore. We went out to look for a stove and where we had just remodeled our bathroom, they had a kitchen display for all their kitchen wares and were moving showroom, so all their kitchen stuff were on sale. The Viking Range was 50% off. It was $6,000 but we got it for $3,000. We were looking for a stove, so why not?

I've only had it a couple of months, but I like it. However, I'm not crazy about how I can't get it to simmer low enough, and the blue light that clicks off and on, so I don't really ever know when the oven's preheated. There's no bell that dings and says that it's ready, so I'm constantly looking at that light to see if it has preheated, and I wish there was. Also, I miss my drawer in the bottom where I kept all my cookie sheets and stuff, and the Viking Range doesn't have it. We had to take our microwave out and get a downdraft, and that was a bummer. It wasn't really a Viking dealer who sold it to me. It was a Ferguson's Plumbing lady who did. On the other hand, one thing I do like about it real well, is the way the telescopic tray pulls out in the center.

Viking Ranges

Thank you for speaking with one of our customer care representatives. We are contacting your dealer whom you have been working with to get the information on who has been servicing your unit to see how we can assist.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

My wife researched Viking Ranges online since we’ve seen them before at different houses. She was happy with the price and the package that she got. We got a white range with a big scratch on it and it took six months to get a new kit panel. My experiences with Viking are not very good. But the range is great except for the scratch.

The people who sold us the appliances dealt with the Viking dealership and they’re absolutely terrible. I would get a call on a Monday and she would tell me I’m going to hear from Viking and they would tell me what they're going to do. But we never got a call. And at the end of the week, I’d call them and tell them we didn’t get a call this week. And they would say we didn't get a callback because she was busy or it was the Fourth of July or the Memorial Day or a Flag Day. We weren’t happy when we received it. It also took a long time to get anything. They need to send somebody else who knows what they’re doing besides analyzing what the repairman did! I’m not impressed at all. It’s been an unbelievably poor experience.

We completely renovated our kitchen with new cabinets, marble counters, and all Viking Pro stainless steel built in appliances with the sole exception being the Bosch dishwasher. In the 10 years since we purchased the appliances, we have had repeated problems, year after year, with the double ovens (VED0127SS), microwave (VMOR205SS), nat. gas cooktop (VGSU1626BSS), cooktop downdraft (VIPR161SS), and refrigerator (VCSB423DSS). We paid $19,115 for what we thought were the top of the line appliances. Their service providers do not help much, and their customer service is terrible and useless. In hindsight, we should have kept our GE Profile appliances that came with the original home purchase and had no problems. Viking claims to have very satisfied customers but I have not encountered one. I will go out of my way to not recommend Viking appliances to all including my enemies.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We've installed our Viking Range in a brand new home. I'm a previous Viking owner and from past history, Viking is awesome and I wouldn't have anything else. I also had a fabulous experience with their team.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I knew that Viking was there and it's a high-quality thing. Their team and dealer were really responsive and perfect. When I got the range, they sent me an email that said I had a rebate but I forgot about it. After a couple of weeks, I remembered it and they mailed me the check at home a week and half later. And I've never had that. They were really good. Viking is unbelievable but I'm still learning how to use the range.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am almost certain that my Viking Range was not installed properly. I have a video recording when it's in convection mode and it sounds like an airplane taking off. There's something that's not right and I have to figure that out. I don’t know if it’s a defect from Viking or if it was something that happened during the installation. Nevertheless, my initial impression of the cooktop is that it's fabulous and it has really high output burners. I love the way the range looks too. Still, Viking Ranges are extremely expensive so the quality better match. This range was $9,000 and it doesn't even have a timing feature on it.

The contact at Best Buy that helped us with the purchase was very good and very attentive. But the installation was a miserable experience. The people who came who had to be certified Viking installers didn't appear to have any special skills nor abilities. They were private contractors, not Best Buy employees. Now, I have to call in Best Buy to send someone to check the installation. Still, Best Buy did a good job representing Viking Ranges and was very knowledgeable about the product's features and functions while I was purchasing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were looking for a 48-inch gas range and the two choices on the market from the decent ones were a Wolf and a Viking. So I did the whole digging and Viking had a better reputation in the past, but it still has a good one right now. The oven was the main seller and once we decided to get that, the rest of the appliances followed. I found Viking on Frederick’s Appliances on Amazon initially and I ended up buying all my Viking directly there. They had better prices than all the stores. We like them so much and the griddle is my favorite feature by far.

Viking Ranges has really good quality. However, we've had some trouble with our smaller compartment in Viking. It doesn’t work perfectly sometimes and we've had technicians coming over but it’s mostly being blamed on the altitude. We’re at 7,000 ft. We hardly ever use it, so I haven’t called them back. But everything else works perfectly. All in all, Viking has great products and great service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We moved in a brand new building and a Viking range came with our place. It's brand new and it seems to be of good quality, but it seems to take a very long time to pre-heat the oven and we're not sure if that's normal. It's certainly not the case in my older cooktop. We'll call consumer department and see what they say. On the stove part, I have to make coffee and I set down a diffuser because the openings on this grate are too large to hold my little Bialetti coffeemaker. It works much better than when I put it directly on the burner like I do at home, which is also a Viking, so we like that. We also have a refrigerator, a range, a dishwasher and a fan vent that are all Viking. I had some problem, called the dealer and they were not helpful at all.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Viking has been around for a while. We knew about the quality when we chose it. The rep was very knowledgeable and had a lot of experience, but it probably came down to when we knew about the really good price on which we got it. The quality of the range is okay although it's not as well-thought-through as we might have thought it would be. The inability to effectively clean it is the most disappointing part of it. The technician who came out and serviced it knew what he was doing. He once said this is a known issue, and it just came with the range. I love my grill though, and I’m satisfied with my Viking range.

Viking Ranges

Viking is truly sorry to hear that you are having issues with one of our servicers. we will have a customer care representative contact you shortly to get the information on this.

Original review: July 26, 2017

Viking is a good brand and it's the top of the line range. The dealer was very good, I like the stove and I'm very happy. On the other hand, I called Viking because I had problems with my range and my ice maker. They re-directed me to a repair company located in Huntington Beach, close to where I live. I'm very unhappy with that company. If I'm the only one complaining, maybe it's bad luck, but if there are other customers that are complaining about that repair company, Viking should use someone else.

Viking Ranges

Viking is truly sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your refrigerator. We see where your servicer is working with our tech line to resolve your issues and are hopeful that they will have the unit working correctly shortly.

Original review: July 24, 2017

We replaced our previous Viking Refrigerator, with model VC5B5483. The unit continues to give us problems, just as the previous Viking did. The freezer side continually has frost issues, and 3 times since we purchased, the temperature spikes high and we have to discard hundreds of dollars of frozen items. We have no confidence in this Viking and have Viking in the entire kitchen including: range, range top, compactor, dishwasher. We spent another $10K on this Viking and expect it be fixed or replaced. We could have gone with Sub Zero, but stuck with Viking, as we like the look. Hopefully this can be resolved, quickly. Thank you.

Viking Ranges

We are so happy to hear how much you love your range. Thank you for sharing.

Original review: July 23, 2017

I had a friend who had Viking ranges and she raved about them. So, I figured I would just go with her recommendation. I like Viking's quality a lot. I had a Viking D3, the older version of this Viking, and this one is significantly better. I just love the level of the flames of the burner, it's just consistent and even heating when you're cooking. The Vikings team was great. I actually had no problems at all. I liked the store that I purchased from a lot. The quality is great. I have a Viking oven and a Viking refrigerator, and I love them all. I would recommend them.

Viking Ranges

Thank you for letting us know of your issues with getting parts. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Original review: July 21, 2017

Our Viking microwave oven stopped working and the parts took over two weeks to come into the warranty service company. That part arrived broken (or the service man broke it) and we waited another three weeks for the part to arrive. The part was in stock according to the Viking parts rep, so that delay is not acceptable. The functioning of both the microwave and oven are fine not great (can't use timer on microwave if it's heating something and it's unclear when the oven has reached the desired preheat temperature). All these issues make it highly doubtful we'd purchase or recommend Viking again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like to cook and I wanted a gas range. Initially, I looked at the Wolf one which was a very nice range but the Viking range was less expensive. Plus, my best friend Jody has a Viking range and she likes hers so that was good. It fit in my space as well so it was economical and it was still an upper-end range. It's been installed for about two months but I've only used it three times now for various reasons. It takes a very long time to heat up to temperature so that I can start cooking. And the other day, I was cooking and I was wondering whether it runs or goes off when it is at temperature. I still can't figure it out and I have to get used to it so it's not confusing.

However, the installation was dicey from the beginning and that was frustrating to me. I was under the impression he was a Viking installer who knew how to install Viking products, but he wasn’t and it was a nightmare. I also got the convection microwave hood and the installer separated the bottom of the microwave to shove the deflector between the bottom plate and the microwave. The deflector and screw were falling off of my microwave. It was leveled left to right but it wasn't leveled front to back and it was tilting so far forward that things were rolling out of the microwave. I asked him if he can put something behind it to support the whole thing. He got sassy and said that it’s an older house and that happens.

I called Viking about it and talked to five different people. The first gentleman was so kind and said he was sorry. The first young lady I got after him was also really great. Then I got to talk to the next rep when it came to having to arrange having to arrange to have somebody to come out, I was told that I could pay somebody to come out and look at it because they don't do installations. They also said that they don’t train people to do the installations and that the instructions are online. So I should look online to see how to install my Viking range and microwave myself and tell the installers how to install it? I don't think so. They're not even typical stick it in and plug it in products.

It didn't make sense to me that they’re all behind quality and made in America but they don’t train people to install their products. And when they’re not installed properly, it's not covered by warranty. If they don't train their people to install their products then they don't have to be responsible for the warranty. It's bad business. Also, when I asked them to give me a name of anybody who can install the appliances, they told me that they can’t recommend anybody. The only thing that Viking would cover was if something was wrong with the products under warranty. So Viking has repair people but they can’t recommend anybody to do the installations. It's a stupid system.

I went around and around with these people and I was very upset and distressed. In fact, I told them that I'm an unhappy customer with nearly $18,000 worth of appliances sitting here that I can't use because Viking doesn't care that they’re in working order so I can enjoy them. Then, they said they could send somebody out and but it’s $100 an hour and since I don't live near any place where they keep anybody, I have to pay a trip charge. But it already cost me $430 to get the products installed and they weren’t installed properly. I was also told to call Best Buy instead because that’s where I bought the appliances and they're the ones who are going to care if the products are installed since it's their reputation. I never received a letter from Viking and I would have also appreciated if somebody would call me instead of me leaving voicemails for people to call me back.

So I have this beautiful convection microwave and this Viking range that I have to wait four weeks for somebody to come out and look at them. I'm not impressed with Viking’s service and I’m extremely dissatisfied with my experience. I’m also very unhappy with the way I was treated and the attitude of their reps. Then, now that the range is under a year, Viking came and took a look at it, only to find out that the knobs are not even on the right place on the stove. That's why it still was not working. I’m done with Viking and I would not recommend them to anybody.

Viking Ranges Company Profile