Call toll free
3.74/5
Based on 325 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Recognized for their exceptional products, Viking provides free standing ranges, range tops, ovens, refrigeration of all kinds, and much more. They have re-engineered their products and they are better than ever. You can now own these products that were previously available only in commercial kitchens. Since partnering with The Middleby Corporation over two years ago, they’ve shifted their culture to ensure their products, quality, and service are the best out there. With numerous products to choose from, you’ll find exactly what you’ve been looking for.

Viking Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 19, 2018

990 Viking Ranges Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I purchased a Viking range a few years ago. Two of the stove top burners have stopped working. The replacement boards to fix problem are $1200.00 just for the parts, and Viking cannot guarantee they will work, AND they will not let us return parts if they don't work. I would NOT buy these overpriced, underperforming units again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I won't go into detail about the problems with the 2012 range, suffice to say Viking replaced it with a new model, 2017. This induction range is a dream. I love it. The oven preheats silently in less than 10 minutes, it holds a even temperature. The cooktop burners are responsive and they all work! No loud humming. The new range seems like an ongoing miracle in my kitchen. So happy with all aspects of it... and it is beautiful!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

The Viking Company was fine to deal with but the service availability in our area is terrible. The major company that services Viking refused to book a service call because they were too busy with their regular customers. Then the alternate company was three states away and ended up also refusing to book a service call because they said they didn't do service calls anymore. Finally they got a local company to come out and that company was actually very good but it just took a lot of time and stress to get them out. We love the Viking products but the company should find better and more options for service technicians in our state.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I have several friends that have Viking products, and they've always been very pleased. I spoke with the reps at Best Buy, and what was impressive was that they go to training where they cook and sear steaks to see the power of the different models that they sold. So they had first hand knowledge of what we were looking for. Also, the warranty was always easy and the techs would fix things. Plus the quality of the products was long lasting. The heat in my Viking range is very steady and the Power Plus range of the burner is excellent. I've always had gas ranges but the oven is always electric. This is the first time I've had a gas oven, and it makes a loud boom every once in a while when it turns on. I've tried calling them a few times and I haven't been able to get a hold of anybody. It's very difficult to get somebody on the phone. I just want to make sure that the sound is normal and it's not going to explode in the future.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

My daughter-in-law has a Viking Range and I know that it performs well compared to other company. I love its very accurate cooking, the jets are very powerful and water boils quite quickly. I'm just happy with the overall performance. Plus the Viking dealer was very thorough. They're just very straightforward and honest about things. They showed a lot of attention when I was there shopping and trying to find that information. Delivery was on time, everything was installed properly and the range itself performed very well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I was looking for a new range and I saw the Viking Range in the store and I really liked the look of it. We have known the owners of the store for a really long time and it was also the best brand that they sold. There are a couple of things that I was disappointed with like the front panel looked like it wasn’t finished correctly. It looked like it was almost rusty. But they ordered a new panel for that. And the first time I used it there was steam and something got in between the glass so they feel that the seal on the oven door wasn’t really correct and they ordered a new glass for the door.

So we had a couple of issues but it’s my first experience with a gas range and I really like it so far. They are taking care of the issues so I’m pleased. Those things can happen to any range but I really like the gas burners. I really like the little LED lights underneath that shine over the knobs and I just really love the overall appearance of the whole thing. I love the grates -- they’re very heavy and heavy duty and quality looking. And I think the soft closing door is really nice.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I've always wanted Viking appliances and I got a really good deal. I did it through AJ Madison. It was a package, so I got the fridge, the range, the hood, and the dishwasher. The range is beautiful. I haven't gotten to using it, but I'm very excited. I love everything. It really fits my house. It looks like everything is really good quality. AJ Madison was pretty good on the Viking products. However, they had a convicted felon deliver my products and steal my stove. AJ Madison and the freight company they subcontracted out to didn't do background checks and they hired a felon. He unloaded my stove before he delivered it to my house and tried to tell me that he delivered it and didn't know where it went. But AJ Madison made it right.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

We had a really bad experience with our Viking range but it has been fixed. We bought it from a discount store and it’s technically new, but it had been sitting in the store for two or three years. So, when we had it delivered, it had a gas leak. And we spent almost three weeks without being able to use it because we were trying to figure out what happened. Finally, we found a company that could fix it, but then it took eight days for them to receive the part. So, we had to order food for three weeks. I will never buy from a discount store ever again. I guess they buy from Viking when the boxes have been damaged. We got a really good price with it, but it was a really bad experience.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

My Viking range is a well-made product and it looks great. And while it's kind of shocking how heavy it is, everything is working great on it. I really like the induction in terms of speeding and also, it is fairly quick at heating things up and turning things fast. So, it's nice and seems to be a little bit cleaner in terms of the heating element and keeping the top clean. The only thing is I can't see where there's a built-in timer in there. Luckily, I have the microwave over the oven, so I'm able to use a timer on top of the range. But if I didn't have the microwave, it'd be more of an issue.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I’m an architect so I’m familiar with Viking Ranges through my profession. They had a promotion where they’re offering a free dishwasher with the range and that kind of sealed the deal. In terms of the quality of construction and the materials it weighs almost 400 pounds. My only issue was the control knob on the oven. Even though it’s a very sturdy unit the shaft that held that onto the actual control was made out of cast metal. I just thought personally it was a poor choice of materials but they are fixing it under warranty. It’s actually done through Viking and one of their local representatives.

When I had the warranty issue I contacted Viking directly in Mississippi and they were responsive and they had the issue resolved in a day. They scheduled something within the day. I’m just currently waiting for the replacement part and then it’s going to be installed. I would recommend Viking Ranges. It's a high end appliance but I think it’s worth the investment.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I purchased a 48-inch built-in Viking refrigerator and I thought it was going to be nice to match the manufacturer of the refrigerator, range, and dishwasher. But ever since the Best Buy people brought the appliances, I’ve been having issues with them. Their delivery, installation, and the product itself. I don’t think that whoever delivered these products were qualified to do this job. Nothing was level and regardless if the unit itself is broken or not, they should at least try to level it. And the range was the floor model and the door was not rocking. So, the installer was telling us that it was broken. The door itself tends to get rust so I should’ve never bought the floor model.

With the refrigerator, the first delivery people and the installer took about four hours to fit the door together to close it right. Two days after they left, the door was not closing. And when you open the door all the way, it made a loud metal hitting noise. I’m very dissatisfied. I went to Best Buy and they have decided to replace the refrigerator with a brand-new one and I made a return on the Viking Range floor model. I purchased the brand-new one by paying the differences and hopefully, with this replacement I don’t get any problem.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I’ve owned several Vikings including an outdoor grill, a six-burner cooktop, and the convection Viking Range that I have now. The grill and cooktop are good but this particular range was defective. The dealer was good but I don't know why the referred me to this service company that’s way out in BF, Michigan when their service company is closer. It left a lot to be desired on the scheduling. But I was able to get the dealer to actually send somebody else that fixed it. Although it took them four weeks to get it operational after I purchased.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

We saw Viking in homes that we were looking to buy. And we felt that the home we bought was in the same price range as those homes so we also got a Viking range. We're very happy with it. I like the size of the oven and it's bigger than the previous one that we had. The range is doing great and I would definitely recommend Viking.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

The quality of the Viking Range is fine. However, the oven doesn’t cook evenly. It’s also very small. The square footage inside of the oven is very small compared to my old GE, in my old apartment that I loved. It’s cooking thoroughly but it's not even. So, if I’m going to bake cookies, I have to turn the tray around to get the back. Moreover, the knobs to turn on the oven and the stove get very, very, very hot when the oven is on. But the door closes fine. There’s nothing wrong with the unit. But I probably wouldn't buy it again. On the other hand, I had to call and have the Viking people come out a couple of weeks ago and they were really helpful. And then, the check was even lovelier, so their customer service is great.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I like the efficiency and design of the Viking range's burners up on the cooktop. I've had two ranges over the years, and overall, the quality is good. I've bought other ranges to try to save money, but they didn't measure up. So, when I was able to afford it, I bought my second Viking and I use it every day. And it's wonderful. We just had a repair done under warranty to the current one that we have. It was an igniter, but it got totally handled for everything, and now it's back in action. It took two weeks to get the part but the person who came to do the repair did a great job.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Worked fine for about 10 years, but has fallen apart since then. Multiple problems, even though we've used the range well within normal use. Worst is that no one can seem to fix the thermostat for the electric oven on dual fuel range. The thermostat has been replaced multiple times, by different repair outfits (including the one recommended by Viking) and it failed last night, again, within 30 minutes of being used for the first time.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

My husband is a cook and he has known about Viking Ranges for many years. He knew the brand, the reputation and that's the one he wanted. My husband likes the burners and that’s why he chose the particular model we got for the consistency with heating up. But I had issues with it already and so I had it repaired. Three out of six of the knobs were not turning properly. I had a gentleman come in and he repaired them. He gave me a quick little tutorial, which I'm already very familiar with and so far so good now.

I purchased this back in December and I'm still waiting for the probe that I was promised to get. I have yet to receive that. I'm a little disappointed in being told it would be two to three weeks and I'm still waiting on it. It's like people say one thing and then once the sale is done they forget about you. That’s my biggest complaint. If you spend that much money on an item they shouldn’t forget about the customer service part.

But everything else was fine. So far I'm very happy. But they're expensive so you really need to know what you're getting and is it worth the expense to what you're going to be using it for. If you find that you would rate it to what you're going to be needing it for and the quality then I would recommend it. Otherwise I would say, “Don’t spend the money if you're just going to cook basic.”

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

When we bought a house seven years ago, the builder had a Viking range in the house and I fell in love with it. We got flooded in August of last year so we lost everything. In my mind, it was only going to be replaced with either that or Thermador or one of those. So we went back to the store and then I looked online. I also went to their a showroom here in Houston in the gallery area and I fell in love with it again. I bought the exact same open-box range rather than a newer version because it just made sense for me. It's the dual where the ovens are electrical and then the top is gas. I love it. But when it was delivered to me, the knobs were all sticking out and they were not like that at the store. So I don’t know if it was in the process of getting to my house in the delivery process.

I called Viking and they called their authorized dealer to come and repair it. They came right away and they told me they would take about a week or two to get in contact with Viking to get this thing fixed. That was right after Thanksgiving and I thought that by Christmas I would have it but I never heard from the folks. It was close to Christmas and I called them but there was no answer. So I texted the tech and he said that they were asking for the serial number and that without it, they won’t really send anything. It was the second or third week of January and I wasn’t at home when it got fixed. I came back home and two of the knobs were still loose. So I called the gentleman again and I had to stay in contact with him for another four weeks before it all got fixed.

Their customer service was great and it’s not their fault but it's terrible whoever their authorized dealers are. I hope Viking has another authorized dealer because if I ever need that stove to be serviced, I cannot go through that and chase that guy around. It was a very bad experience but I love my range and I love how it cooks. It cooks really fast, it’s very efficient, and the oven cooks evenly.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I'm a previous owner of a Viking range and I've always had them. I actually wanted a Wolf, because I've had a Wolf too, and it works a little bit better for me than Viking but I went with the Viking because I wanted a white stove and Wolf doesn’t make a white one. I did a whole house remodel and bought $70,000 worth of appliances from an appliance store that’s a Viking dealer. I had a very good experience there and everyone has been great.

However, I'm very disappointed with the Viking range and they’ve already changed it for me once. Tim from Viking has been incredibly generous and he offered to give me the new stove. It came but one of the ovens is not working again and they're trying to change some parts now. The ovens don’t get calibrated and they don’t seal, which was the problem with my last stove, and they try to fix it multiple times. The new one needs to have major amounts of repairs on them again and I'm hoping they can actually get it right. I love the look of it, but I've had nothing but grief. Still, I would like Viking to know that I do appreciate how well they’ve handled all the problems with it. At least they’ve been very honorable about keeping their word on trying to make things right.

The stove is $15,000, big, and a dual convection 60 inches. And I also don’t understand why it stains so easily. I wish I knew a better way of keeping it clean. I use my stove every single day, multiple times a day, and I'm a neat freak. When they picked up the last stove, there were these stains and some splattering that went into the black part under the actual surface. If I don’t wipe it immediately, it gets glued on. When I got the new stove, I cleaned it immediately, but the towel I was using to clean left a mark on the actual caps of the stove. So it's a Catch-22 where I want to clean up but then I really can't because it leaves a different kind of mark. I would love to have someone call me and let me know how to take care of it the proper way because the rep doesn’t know either.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

We liked the looks and functionality of Viking but the quality is not so good. A couple clickers went out almost immediately, the ones that’s lighting the fire itself. Since my remodeling still going on and we have to call warranty and for the range of this price, this should be better. Some materials that are used for burners make it really impossible to clean including the griddle. But my favorite feature is how much room it has on the top.

I bought the blower, the range, the microwave, the dishwasher and the refrigerator from Best Buy so, it’s pretty close to a $30,000 on the Viking products. But I could not get my products delivered. I paid for Everything was paid for and they got me a few items delivered. But the freezer was scratched and there's no one to talk to. That guy who was taking care of me at Best Buy left.

Stove was nowhere to be found. I called the store and left messages, nobody answered.The people on the phone promised me to call me back all the time.

Finally, I went into the store. They told me to stop by the following week and I did that again because I can’t get anybody on the phone every time I call. I tried to get on some guy, they looked for it, then three days after that, they finally delivered the range. It showed it was backordered, tracked it down that they arrived in Denver three weeks ago and it was sitting in a warehouse somewhere. It was a horrible experience.

Think thrice because there’s Sub-Zero brand that is totally competitive and just go with them, that’s all [unclear 0:06:54] makes no sense to spend 50 grand with this kind of service or this kind of follow-up.

Viking Ranges response

Thank you for sharing your troubles with purchasing Viking. We make great strides to make the experience positive and regret that yours was not. If in the future you find you have any issues with your Viking product please contact us directly at 800-241-9152 and we will be more than happy to assist.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I previously owned a Viking when we remodeled my kitchen. I really liked the product, but not this time around. Everything that we've ordered, there's been something wrong with it. It took us six to eight months just to receive the product because it was on back order. And then when we received it, it was damaged. We had to deal with the company we bought it from going back and forth, and it took another four months to get the replacement. They kept pushing the buck. I kept getting transferred, making calls and I wouldn’t get a callback. It was poor customer service.

I love the older Viking, but I don't like the new one. It's not the same quality. My old range was great to cook on and bake on. The one I have now sometimes turns on, and sometimes it doesn't. Also, my refrigerator has been down since before Christmas and the parts have not come. I had to throw all my groceries away. So, I've had nothing but bad luck. I just finished talking to Viking yesterday to find out how soon I can get my stuff, and the gal was very nice and helpful. And she's pushing things forward, so I really appreciate that. But I would not recommend Viking.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I own a Viking range and I use them for customers. When I built a new home, they were clearing out at the Ferguson showroom and there was a Viking and a Thermador. The Thermador was under warranty in a matter of a year and that was good. It was a 48-inch, it went through bolts and boards, and it went through the heating element. So it went through a lot and to me, that was not great. Its convection also had a huge loud sound and I didn't like that at all.

On the other hand, the Viking was very quiet and I really liked it a lot better. So I gave it a shot and purchased it online. I could have gone through the dealer in Salt Lake, but I would have had to pay taxes. If I had to do it again, though, I'd probably go with the dealer that's close because I had to return one item and it has been a real pain. At first, they told me that they were not going to take the part back. But it was still in the box and we couldn't install the back part because there wasn't enough room. And we didn't know that until we got the back part. Then, they said they would take it back, but I had to ship it back and it was a double package so it would cost $75 to ship it. It also took forever for them to acknowledge they got it and when they said they have issued the credit, I still hadn't seen it.

Overall, I love Viking and its various simmers. It's a beautiful stove and it works great. It's also functional and very effective. It's commercial great, too, so it's worth the money. But I really wanted to get certain features and to get them, I had to keep upgrading. Then, when we moved, I had to downgrade to a 30-inch. So, that was hard when I had the nice, big double ovens. They should also make the colored ones cheaper so I could get the beautiful cobalt blue or the red one. I love the easy glide over rack as well and I want to know where to purchase it.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I like my Viking Range. The quality of the range is really good. I also felt great when I went to their training and the environment was really good. The instructor gives class on how to use it. Everybody was nice and explained everything very clearly. I recommend Viking Ranges.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I like the quality of the Viking Range, their reputation and the look of the machine. For the most part, I’m very happy with it. However, the broiler doesn’t work. Unfortunately, the Viking dealer we bought it from no longer exists. So, we’ve been trying to email Viking head office but we haven’t really gotten far.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

The house I bought came with a Viking range already installed, and I like it in general. It’s got a few years on it and it wasn’t under warranty anymore. I’ve had nice, quality ranges so far in my life, and the Viking range is really good too. But I had to have service on it because of issues with the door not being aligned right. The person that fixed it knew what he was doing and treated me well. He gave me good information and did what he could to remedy the issue, so I was pleased with that. He was nice and did a good job, and I would call him again if I had any more issues. The range is mostly fixed but not perfect, so I’m a little disappointed but not heartbroken. I wish it had a little bit more durability, but otherwise, it's all good.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Viking Ranges is all over and I know it’s a very good range so I went with them. I'm happy with its quality and I like their six burners. Also, I’ve never had a gas oven so I’m happy with that too. The people I bought the range from was Ferguson, and I had some issues when it was delivered. There was a part where the oven door shut and we couldn’t get the light to go off. I had to call Ferguson, then they had to notify Viking so they could come out and fix it. It was evidently a factory flaw. It took about a couple of days to get someone out. Nonetheless, I had an excellent experience. I would encourage my friends to seriously consider purchasing Viking appliances.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

The Viking range was not what I was expecting. It had two problems with it in less than 30 days. In fact, when it was installed, it was not working properly. So, it was shipped out of the factory broken. There were three service visits already, and it’s still not fixed. They keep ordering the wrong part and their people don’t seem to know what they’re doing. They also gave me very limited time that they were willing to come. They told me they could only come on Tuesdays. So, I would have to pick a Tuesday to be there. I would not recommend this product to anyone.

Viking Ranges response

Viking is sorry to hear of the issues you are having. We will have a Customer Care Advocate contact you shortly and get your information to see how we can assist.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I like the durability, functionality, and ease of use of Viking ranges. We went to a Pacific Sales store very close to us. And my wife and I loved the 8-burners. We bought a Viking range and a few other Vikings such as microwave, dishwasher, and the hood. However, Pacific Sales screwed up the sales and they were not knowledgeable at all. There were delays in the delivery, and then when they scheduled it to come, we had to call multiple times. At one time, they delivered it to the wrong address, too, and the credit card that they charged was another issue. So, Viking really should check to see how Pacific Sales sell because of the experience.

We finally got our purchase and we installed it, and I have nothing but good things to say about the look, the layout, the design, and the functionality. I love the burners and I love to cook. If I want to put something, I get a good enough heat in there, and that stuff is very good. I also like the traditional knobs. With the other companies, you really have to guess which knob to turn which burner on. The Viking is designed so well. I'm very pleased with it. And now I'm dealing with the rebate, which I'm dealing directly with Viking. I sent them all the receipts to work on my rebates and I haven't heard anything back from them yet. Also, when I call for the customer support, there was a lack of knowledge. And then, the website is designed for us to register there and it's not as friendly as I want it to be and even though, when I call customer support and asked them, they didn’t know. So, I still hadn't registered my products with them yet.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I went with Viking for their style and quality. However, the quality of the range that I bought from them is mediocre for what I paid. It cost $5,000 and it’s not really living up to it. The door is loose. It hasn’t worked properly and it's slow to start sometimes. I had tried to rectify the door myself a few times and Viking did come out to rectify it. I called Viking and it was pretty good. I complained about the door and they were nice. But the dealers at Karl’s Appliance wasn’t so great. They’re sort of flakier. But I like the five burners. It’s the 30-inch stove. It fits the space. Those who come to my apartment love looking at it. They’re jealous. But that wasn’t what we were going for. We wanted a big stove/oven. It's the wider range, it's freestanding. It gives you more capacity inside. It has three racks as opposed to just two.

It would be better if Viking could extend the warranty. Mine’s good for like three years allegedly. And now, it's only a year-long from what I hear which is sort of silly. Mine hit the cut-off date unless the seller offers included the warranty. My LG washer has a 10-year warranty. And it’s expensive to install and what have you. The result is expensive. This one is a $5,000 range and then, two, it’s expensive to just connect it and reconnect it with the new ones. Moreover, it would be better for it to have heat-resistant handles. When you’re cooking at a high temperature for a while, the knobs near the top front of the top of the space get really, really hot and they’re not supposed to. And the door is not supposed to get that hot, either. For instance, if you're cooking turkey for a long time. It takes three hours and it gets hot. They should work on that and get that fixed.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Viking is a great brand and has a good reputation. My parents had a Viking range when I was a kid and we just redo our kitchen so we got our own Viking range for its price and quality. We looked at discount places and priced out Viking ranges. We bought a model from last year and we like its BTU for the burners. The overall quality is good and we love it. Our favorite feature is the burners and we have five burners now that we’ve actually all been able to use.

The sales guy at the Viking dealer was great and did no pressure. He has very high professionalism and knowledge for the product. He totally helped us out and then we looked and told him that we would look somewhere else and get another quote. It was no problem with him so we went and looked at another Viking range somewhere else. We realized that what we first saw was the one that we should have bought all along so we went right back and got it. We're very happy with our Viking range and it’s simply one of those things we’re going to have for a very long time.

Viking Ranges Company Information

www.vikingrange.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use