toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Viking Ranges

Thank you for sharing your Viking experience. We are so happy to hear that you love your range.

Original review: June 2, 2017

When we were searching for a range, some people were trying to sell me Wolf, Thermador, and Bertazzoni. There were some other brands they were telling me and I didn’t like what I was hearing. They were also telling me not to buy Viking but I stuck with my plan to either buy Wolf or Viking. I looked at Wolf first but then I didn’t like what some people were telling me about Wolf. They have good equipment but the price was extremely high. Then I found a guy who was willing to negotiate the prices so I decided to go with Viking. He did a really great job. He brought out all kinds of brochures that he had and gave it to me for me to look into it. I'm gonna go back to his place because we are also interested in buying a refrigerator and we want to go with Viking. My wife and I are really happy with the Viking equipment that we bought. Everything’s working very well and we love that. Viking is the best.

The Viking Range makes me feel like a Master Chef... In 30 years and many gas ranges, this is the best range we have ever had. We had a minor service problem with our grill and gas broiler which was immediately taken care of without charge. The service department was by far the best I've dealt with in my experiences with other companies. We are going to be moving soon and I will get another Viking - The Best Gas Range Ever!!!

Viking Ranges

Thank you for your question. We will have a customer care representative contact you to get your unit information to see how we can assist.

Original review: June 11, 2017

We are at 7000 ft altitude. We have a altitude adapter. However, the btu generated is very subpar. I cannot get a rolling boil on even the largest burner. I wonder if anyone else at altitude has had this problem.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Viking Range is really good and I like their burner power feature. However, we ended up getting one that we didn't even buy which is the appliance dealers' fault. We bought the six-burner series with the griddle in the middle but ended up with an eight-burner that they installed. We were not here during the install, which is fine. I’m not upset about that. But trying to get the griddle and our money back has been a chore and we have been at it for two months and can't understand why it hasn't been done. The guy who owns the place is extremely knowledgeable and taught us a lot when we went to see him and he did a wonderful job on the install but the follow-up items after the fact have just been a nightmare for us. But as far as the range goes, my wife absolutely loves it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My family has Viking range for a while and I've also been using it. I like its quality. I received the professional series, and the only downside was that I didn’t like that there are pre-heat indicators, it's not very intuitive. Other than that, it's a great range.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had an old FiveStar 48-inch and we were the second owner and it was on its last legs, so we decided to get a new one instead of spending a lot of money fixing it up. But of course we had a 48-inch space, so we needed a big oven to fill that space instead of redoing the counters. My wife looked at Wolf, Thermador, and the likes and they were all comparably priced. Viking was on the higher end, but one of the main things that had my wife decide was that she was able to get it in colors. Also, she had worked in the restaurant business before and had used Viking on the commercial side. So she knew that they held up and they lasted.

The Viking Range works as advertised. It has a griddle and a convection feature. It also has a small oven for a casserole dish and a big one that would fit a full-size cookie sheet with room to spare. We bought it in a store and the dealer was helpful and courteous. They also answered all our questions. However, we had to wait for 12 weeks because of the color but on the day we decided to buy it, we were in and out of there in no time at all.

Viking Ranges

Thank you for letting us know about your Viking experience. Your feedback is greatly appreciated so that we know where we need to improve. We will have a customer escalations representative contact you to get more info on the service and see how we can assist with getting this completed.

Original review: June 6, 2017

We were in the midst of buying a new range and I wanted to see which one was rated the best. We found one that had a good rating and that's what we went in to go look at at PC Richard. But then, my wife saw Viking and the store was running a really good sale on it. My wife liked the way the Viking range looked and she said she always wanted one, so we got one. When we bought it, PC Richard gave my wife a free five-year plan and they also claimed that we can return something within 30 days if we weren't happy with it.

It wasn't in a day or two when we smelled gas leaking. We called PC Richard and they told us we had to call Viking. Nobody would come out unless we call the gas company to come out. So, the gas company had to come out and they had to sniff on the range to determine that it was leaking and it wasn’t the gas pipe. We called Viking back, they sent a serviceman out, it has been a couple of days and we're still waiting for Viking to give the parts to the serviceman so he can come in and install it. It’s been going on a little over a week now.

With the amount of money we paid and the range giving us a problem on the first day, my wife wanted to send it back. Then, all of a sudden, PC Richard said, “You can't.” They pointed to this little obscure sign in the back of the counter that says, “No returns on appliances.” My wife wasn't happy with that. We didn't see it at that time and it wasn't brought up when we bought the range that you don't have any options.

We researched Viking and found online that people were having problems with them. People complained about the service and the length of time to get parts. We brought that up when we ordered the range because we went to PC Richard to cancel the next day before we even accepted and they kept telling to us how great the range was. It was just a sales pitch. If I had to do it all over again, I would not buy Viking.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I was reading the reviews, there was an oven from Viking that was great for baking and cooking. And since I’m a big baker, I decided to get one. I bought it from Best Buy and initially, I bought it with the floor model which came completely destroyed. I was so upset. This oven costs $6,000 and granted, I got the floor model so I got a discount but it doesn’t matter if it’s the original price. It was a little chaotic but they were very nice enough to swap it out for a brand new one. The manager was very forthcoming to exchange my oven and everything was fine.

The quality is great. I’ve only had it for two months now and it seems durable. The only thing I get a little upset about is that I can’t have my oven and burner on at the same time. When the oven’s on, the fan starts and it starts cooling until it keeps the temperature. Then, the air from inside comes out from the back of the oven and blows towards the burner. So when I have the flame on, the flame is not steady and it’s like putting a flame in the wind. It’s like boiling all over the place. I also called the company when my broiler wasn’t turning on, and they sent someone. I asked if they sell anything that maybe blocks the wind and instead of coming straight towards the burners, they’d be going upward. But their rep said there isn’t anything. I thought it was simple and I don’t think I’m the first person that had that problem.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had built a new home and were interested in top of the line appliances. Wolf and Viking Ranges stood out, but we decided to go with Viking since we got a good price from them and it fits what I was looking for. I got a six-burner range, a grill and two ovens from them. In my kitchen, I have a total of three ovens since we do a lot of the holiday stuff here. It works out beautifully when I’m doing Thanksgiving, Christmas or when I’m trying to cook a big meal. I have enough room for everything. The top is gas and the ovens are electric. I love the fact that I have a griddle there. Everyone can be working on something so it works out well for my family.

We’ve had a good experience, up until we're trying to get the small oven fixed. We had a problem with it and a chip needed to be replaced. So we had the workman out and we're waiting for him to replace it. We had to argue a little to get them to come out to fix what was wrong and that was a bit of a problem. I got upset but my husband managed to calm down and get them to do what they needed to do to repair the oven. But I'm still waiting for it to be fixed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were looking at all the high end range brands and went into Best Buy and had a look at Viking. We liked what we saw and the price was more economical for the quality that we get compared to the others. We had a very good sales rep who was able go into detail about a Viking range and what to expect from it versus a lower end priced brand. He explained things like how to clean the oven and how high heat with the self-cleaning ovens would typically end up destroying the integrity of the inside enameling. He gave a variety of information about little details that we would not think of.

We got the series 5 which is easy to clean and does not deteriorate compared to the standard stove. It also cooks differently as there's an even heat. Plus, it also comes with the pull-out drawer in the oven which I love. My only two gripes is my particular series doesn’t come with a timer where I can time the temperature within the oven or have a timer right there on my stove if I’m baking a cake. We went back a second time looking for the timer and the salesman said it’s been discontinued and was only available to a certain model. The other one is I can’t seem to remove any stains from the golden-looking metal that extrudes from the surface of the stove top where the burner is without scratching it. I’ve used soap and water and I’m afraid to do anything else because I don’t wanna destroy the surface. Other than those, it’s a nice-looking range.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am aware of the Viking name, and quality made me purchase from them over others. I’ve been very pleased with the performance of the unit. The four burners are very fast to ignite. The range has met my expectations, with one exception having to do with the temperature of the oven not being accurate. If you set it to 350 degrees, it is not 350 degrees. It’s actually around 325 degrees. Viking ranges are very nice, not necessarily all of them, but we’re very happy with the style and appearance of the Series 3 model. We purchased it online and it was easy to navigate the website.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We're from Mississippi, and supporting a local company seems like a good thing to do. We bought our Viking range from Southern Pipe and the sales team seemed to really know their stuff. My wife had a ton of questions for them and we've had good answers. They seemed to have dealt with those questions before or the saleslady might even own one, so she was able to speak about personal experiences too. We like all the features that came with the range and it has been really good. We haven't had a gas stove before, so the fact that everything heats up really quickly is awesome to us. Plus it looks really good in our kitchen. We bought it back in the fall, but only got it installed in February, so we're still sort of in a trial period of using it. It still feels pretty new, but everything we've thrown at it so far, it's done exceptionally. It's the best stove I've ever owned.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My Viking dishwasher is terrible, but my oven has been great. It has been perfect and I love it. I like the looks of it too. I can set most of the pots and pans on there without them being crowded. It's sturdy and I've really enjoyed it. I don’t necessarily know how to clean out the vented area and that’s the depressing stuff that I don’t like about it. On the other hand, my dishwasher is like an expensive drying rack and Viking doesn’t know when they're going to get the parts to me. I would love it if it works just like the oven did. Our countertops are being replaced, so I have nowhere to wash dishes right now. The other thing is when I tried to register my appliances online. It was just really weird. For whatever reason, the model numbers that are on the appliances has to be entered differently. I had to call in the center because there was one too many numbers are not enough but their staff was super nice.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted a restaurant quality range for my house because I do a lot of cooking and I wanted something that was gonna last. I know Viking lasts a long time. The dealership took care of me because we do so much business with them since I'm a mechanical contractor by trade. I got a good range from Viking. Originally, when I was looking up the part number when I ordered it, I thought I ordered the sealed burners. But when it came to me, they were the open burners, which I decided to go ahead and live with. When I went back and checked the part number, it was my mistake. Other than that, my purchase was exactly what I expected. I like the feature of being able to pull the tray out and clean it so I’m happy with it.

I didn’t have a Viking before, personally but I’ve used them though not for myself. All the burners are the same BTU and they all have a simmer function. However, I can’t tell the difference by putting it on simmer, which is like a selection right before high or turning it all the way down to low. The flame looks the same to me. It’s just a very low flame on this big burner. If I need to simmer something, I crank it all the way down to low and it’s simmering.

When I bought my Viking, I bought a six-burner range but I only got four of the burner covers in the box that it’s shipped in so I sent an email to a rep. It went to Viking and then it ended up bouncing to a couple of different people. It went from customer service to parts. It was a lot of back and forth and it must have been 12 emails to finally get it sorted out with all these different people that they needed to send me two more burner covers. So that was a little weird. They eventually did send them which took two weeks. But a week later, I got another set of two burner covers. So, there was a little disconnect there. They were kind of screwed up on the parts side of it and now, I got two extras. But overall, I would absolutely recommend Viking. They’re topnotch in quality and service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband and I like to cook a lot and we like the high BTUs. Viking is known for quality, and we also like the elegant style of the range. We did a professional kitchen with a remodel and really liked it. My husband likes the Viking range's ability to sear steaks. He actually likes the steaks in the oven better than on the grill now.

The only thing I don't like about the oven is when you close the door, it really wants to close. The first time I went to close it, it slipped out of my hand and it slammed shut. You have to really hold on to the door, unlike other stoves where there's some tension at the end and it won't shut all the way until you push it to close. Other than that, I've put some water on the stove and I was amazed. I put it on the front burner, the high BTUs, and the water heated up. It was boiling within a couple of minutes and it was very nice to be able to have the features that allow it to work as well as it does. We've enjoyed the range and I would recommend it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve been saving for a Viking Range for about three years. I got a gas range and I love how hot the burners are. There’s a burner in the front on the right and it’s a high heat for woks. I cook a lot so that’s what I enjoy about it. I love the quality and the range goes great with all my stainless steel appliances. I also wanted to get the microwave. It matched it, but HHGregg went out of business and I haven’t been to another appliance store yet to purchase it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The last one I had was a Viking Range. We had it for 18 years and it finally kept locking and wouldn't open so we couldn't keep it because it was really a nightmare. The company that sold me the oven at the store were responsive but they said they didn't service them. They gave me the numbers of some Viking dealers and nobody called me back. I kept contacting Viking directly and it took a long time. Finally I had to call the dealer back and say, “Look, you gotta help me here.” And they did. They found me somebody to service within the area. It was great but Viking itself is hard to access. They need to be more user-friendly. Getting treatment for the one that was broken and wouldn’t open was impossible.

We got a new one because it was the only thing that fit into the space that we have on short notice because I was giving a party for about a hundred people. However, I wanted something that was easier to clean and the stove top is awkward to clean. I'm getting to the point where I care less about aesthetics anymore but convenience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve owned a Viking for 10 years and we purchased the recent one because it was on sale and so far, it’s been good. The biggest problem with Viking is the service. I’ve lived in Philly and Detroit and I’ve owned Vikings in both places. I’ve always had a problem getting people to service a Viking because I’ve been told by the service providers that Viking doesn’t treat them very well. Also, I’ve had some significant issues getting parts for Vikings. I’ve had microwaves and dishwashers and there’s always an issue getting parts so I always pray that nothing breaks on it. It gives me anxiety to think about calling Viking and ordering a part. If I have to call Mississippi and order parts for Viking, I almost would rather go out and buy a piece of new appliance. But my partner is a chef and we only have two options - we have to have a Viking or the other competitor.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were building a house and knew that we wanted a chef standard range. Viking was one of the options and the price was fairly decent when we purchased it. I like the gas burners and the convection oven which cooks our food faster. The quality is also very good. I previously had an electric range and it's not even in comparison with my Viking range, not even close.

However, we recently had to get two of the switches replaced for the ovens and the ovens were down for almost a month. There are only 2 companies authorized to work on them through Viking and the D&T Appliance is not a very good company. Viking had over 300 of the parts in stock, but it took forever to send them and get my ovens fixed. We're in the process of selling the house and I don't know if I'll buy another Viking because of that. Viking knows there's something wrong with it. They won't have 300 of those parts in stock if those switches weren't bad. I love my Viking range but I don't know if I would recommend it because of the customer service. If there’s nothing with it, it’s the best range out there. If something goes wrong with it, good luck.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were told that Viking is one of the best in the business when we were looking for a new range. It was great and so we've had it for three years. I like it and it cooks very well. However, the oven stopped working two months ago and they couldn't get it right for about a month. When they sent the part, it was the wrong one. The control board probably was defective from day one because one of the lights that used to go on for the cleaning cycle went on even when the cleaning cycle wasn't on. And the guy who repaired it told me that he did three stoves that had the same problem. And one of the lighting that he fixed the morning that he came to us had the same thing. But Viking was really nice and did very good customer service. They paid for the whole thing. I didn't have to pay for the parts or the labor even though it wasn't under warranty. It's working fine now.

Viking Ranges

We are truly sorry to hear of the issues that you are having. We see where you have been in contact with one of our escalation team members and they were able to get the part shipped out and will deliver to the service tomorrow. If after this service call there is still an issue please contact us back immediately so that we can assist with a resolution.

Original review: May 22, 2017

I did a kitchen gut renovation in 2013 with all new appliances. I wanted to do a dual-fuel because I read those were better for cooking. I researched a lot of options. At the time when I was shopping in 2012, the Viking D3 was still kind of new, but I didn't see any negative reviews and I always had heard Viking was a good brand. I proceeded to purchase the D3 dual-fuel 30" range in a color that is no longer an option and matching hood to coordinate with a color scheme in my kitchen (pop of color) and I don't like stainless, the range was $3400 and the hood $2000. The reputable company I ordered this through and who did the install, had a tech come out to make sure the ventilation parts were installed correctly on the hood, all was good.

The range and hood were installed in 2013 and all seemed fine. Not long after, I was cooking something in the oven and the bottom was not cooked properly. I later cooked some pizzas, all them came out with the underside almost raw (pale colored too), but the top cooked fine. I called the company who I ordered through, technician came out and said the Molex(?) part had not been connected at the warehouse. It was still covered under warranty. Keep cooking things and still the same issues. I cooked a pizza once directly on the bottom rack, the underside should have been almost charred, but it was mostly uncooked, the topside was almost burnt (pictures shown).

Called again (May 2015) and said it must be something with the cooking element and will order a new part, of which they called me back to say Viking told them the part would not be available until August, 3 months?! I felt that was unacceptable and emailed Viking directly telling them it was ridiculous I had to wait that long for a part when given how much I spent on this range and it doesn't cook properly, Viking rep apologized and shortly thereafter the part arrived in about 2-3 weeks.

I also in this time experienced an issue with the vent hood, I was cooking something that kicked up smoke, I turned on the hood and the smoke curled around the hood not into it, I ended up having to open windows to air out kitchen. The technician came out, installed the new part, I told him about the vent hood, said all looked hooked up correctly and I told him what we had to do before installation, he subsequently called Viking who had no answers for him.

So the new part was installed and it has made no difference at all. I have a separate temperature gauge for the oven and it never heats to the proper temperature, food doesn't cook properly, I have to monitor it closely. I have to heat the oven at least 30 minutes or more and there's no indicator of when it's "ready", the blue light on the front is useless except to tell me the oven is on. Once I was cooking something that needed to be cooked at 450(F), after 30 minutes I opened the oven and the gauge said it was over 525-degrees. The gas burners are average, they never seem to be at the correct level according to the dial, and the flames adjust themselves at times. I haven't even tried the broil or convection options, too concerned what might happen.

It has been extremely frustrating and not pleasurable cooking with this range as it's so unpredictable, doesn't cook/bake foods properly. I've spent all this money for something that looks pretty, and a total waste of $, I truly regret buying it and would never buy another Viking product or recommend it to others. People come into my kitchen and say what a pretty oven and cool color, which I tell them yes it's pretty, but it's a piece of crap. My other appliances (Whirlpool and GE) have been working great since I bought them through same vendor, no servicing since buying in 2013. I had better cooking experiences on my old, cheap all electric oven, even the cheap one before that, which was 20 years old.

Of course the Viking range is out of warranty now and I'm stuck with this hunk of junk and based on what I've heard of Viking customer service and reviews, I don't expect them to be much help. They should replace it. I see they are still selling these models, but are just calling it the Series 3. I can't justify spending the money buying a new range and hood. It's an oven, it shouldn't be that complicated to manufacture something that works properly for that kind of money.

Viking Ranges

We are truly sorry to hear of the issues you are having. We will have a customer care representative contact you to get your information and see how we can assist.

Original review: May 22, 2017

My friends have Viking Ranges and I like their price so I got one too. However, the handle on my oven door broke so I put in a service request over a month ago and their technician came and ordered the parts for the door, and I haven't heard from them since. All the fans are not working either. It makes a loud noise and it doesn't heat up properly. I have no oven for over a month now and I can't get anyone to come over and fix it. I have three teenagers and I can't entertain, and I wasn't able to entertain last Easter. I sent a nasty email last week and they told me that the parts take a long time to order so I'm not a happy camper. I would have been happy with it, but I can't use it. I bought it last July so it hasn't been a year yet. I think it's a discontinued model that's why it's giving me the trouble.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We’ve only had the Viking Range a couple of weeks but so far, so good. We’ve enjoyed it. It was recommended and I’m very happy with the quality of the range.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had my Viking range delivered a month ago. However, I've been disappointed. It was a new purchase and new installation. I have a double door 48-inch range and they weren't level. And then there was a crack with the interior of one of the ovens, and the main oven has stopped working when I was getting my range replaced. It doesn't heat up and I don't know if that is installation or bad switching. The small oven works fine, but the big oven does not work at all. I went on record with the company that I bought the appliance with just to say that I know it's getting swapped out but I haven't done anything to it. I had used it twice.

Also, I've been forever delayed on getting a griddle cover. I have to think it's coming soon but it's been on perpetual back order with Viking and right now it looks like a margarined, ugly griddle. I just wanna get the cover. I wanna like it. I want it replaced. I don't wanna have to call anybody on it again and hopefully we'll never speak again. I hope it's not an indicator of any sort of change that's happened to Viking because I did have a range in a previous home and I loved it so much. I had not a single problem with it and I wanted to go back to it again.

Their people have been very responsive. There has been many cooks in the kitchen in my liking and I can't keep up with who's doing what, but I appreciate the calls. I wanna get the range replaced but the installation of the new one has been pushed back again which bugged me because that was another weekend of no real sizeable oven. Also, I have small children so it's a pain in the behind but I just wanna have it done and over with. I picked Viking over some of the other premium lines and I wanna stay with it but I wanna get it right this time.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Viking had been recommended by several people including our son and daughter-in-law who had one for a long time. The range we received over two years ago turned out to be just froth with a series of problems and we had various Viking repair out there. We received a factory replacement about two months ago and there's been one little igniter issue. But that was fixed and we're back on board again. If it wasn't for the repairmen who knew our problem, we still wouldn't have one. We would have thrown it away. It was terrible. We just plainly could not continue with a device that was so unpredictable.

The oven knobs got incredibly hot and the fan was really noisy. And it repeatedly would shut itself off. I would never buy a Viking stove again. And the one we have now is working much better. It shut itself off, but it was the igniter and the repairman fixed it. But the knobs don't get hot and the fan is extremely quiet. And that's so much nicer than we the one we had that was extremely noisy which almost shake the house.

Viking made some changes with their service and repair facility and model. They went to an outside supplier that made multiple visits but had no knowledge of Viking as far as training. But when we finally got to the Viking employee that takes care of the State of Washington, Idaho, Montana and Alaska, he has been great. If it wasn't for him, we probably wouldn't have that stove anymore.

We went through a lot and there was not a lot of support from Viking. I started keeping a log on Microsoft Word and it's now over eight pages. And of all the various different calls, their replies, the kept emails that are incredible. But anyway, it's just been a long journey. You got more than what you want to know.

I went on Facebook at one time on their website to say how much trouble I had had and they replied with, "Oh, we'll call your Viking such and such. We don't want this to happen." But it didn't do any good.

Viking Ranges

Thank you for your review. We are so glad to hear that you love your new range.

Original review: May 15, 2017

Viking has a long history, good quality, and beauty, so we decided to get a range, and it is superb and beautiful. My wife is in love with it, so’ I’m very jealous of it. We like how it cooks. It’s so even, and it doesn’t need much gas on it. So, it’s a very nice cooking experience. I’m very satisfied with the range. However, I would like to add a thermometer in the oven because we don’t know what the temperature is. We had an electric oven before, and we set it up to a certain temperature and that will do it. However, it is a different experience with gas. So, I don't see a reason why they shouldn't put a thermometer on it. Other than that, the range is very good. And their representatives were wonderful and supportive.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I knew of Viking 30 years ago. I live near the North Shore which is a pretty area and Viking was all they had in their houses. That's what they got and that’s what I wanted. It was either Viking or Wolf stoves we were looking at. Wolf only had built-in refrigerators but when we designed our kitchen, we didn't do a built-in area for the refrigerators. Viking had the range, the microwave, and the refrigerator so we went with them. We used Grand Appliances in Libertyville and they were phenomenal. I was a pretty savvy consumer so I went about and did my research before I went in. We had a saleswoman who was fantastic too.

We like the Viking range. It works and I like the blue light. The only thing we don't like about it is it doesn't have a timer on there, like a digital display. It has the knob on it that tells the temperature, though. When I'm cooking something in the oven, I have to set the timer. Other than that, every appliance in our kitchen is all Viking. We bought a Viking microwave, so we set the timer on that. Our dishwasher is Viking too. When we had one little problem with our refrigerator, they came out to fix it. Now, it's making a knocking noise but hopefully, it will go away before we call back. Overall, I'd recommend Viking.

Viking Ranges

We are truly sorry to learn of the issues encountered. Viking Range is pleased to fully support any warranty repair to the refrigerator in accordance with the terms of the warranty as outlined in the Use & Care manual. Based on your registration the unit is over a year outside of the 3 year warranty with no previous service call on the unit.

Original review: May 12, 2017

Viking 36 inch refrigerator, as well as dishwasher, and range were installed in my new high-end condo over 4 years ago. Unit was very noisy. Viking told me that was normal for this unit. Had Viking authorized service tech out today to repair my 2 other Viking appliances (that's 3 out of 3 defective), and was told that refrigerator defective also. Despite reporting problem when unit was new, Viking refuses to offer repair under warranty. Customer service agent and supervisor both declined help and said I had no other recourse. Defective product, poor advice from corporate support initially, no ownership of problem from company despite Viking presenting itself as high-end company with quality products and service. Quality is lousy. Customer service and relations are lousy. Value is horrible.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We wanted a commercial range. We looked at Thermador's but we liked the way Viking Range looked and the price was okay. Viking had a tough track record but we understand they were bought out by another corporation and they supposedly turned things around. The team at the dealer wasn’t great when we went to buy the range. They handle a lot of different lines. They were very nice but not extremely knowledgeable. I would think anybody who represents the commercial people like that would be very well trained. They provided all the information I needed as I asked it, but most of the time, they had to look it up. I think this particular dealer was more into GE, LG and the lower-end or middle-end stuff. They weren't impressive by any means. Also, once you pay for them, you would almost think that when they install them, they would run through a tutorial. But the delivery was okay.

We like it a lot and have cooked and maked tea on it. Yesterday, we just baked with it and it was making a few popping noises. We're not accustomed to a gas oven and hopefully, it's a learning curve but I'm assuming that was some of the stuff burning off because it's new. That's a question I have for the technician who's coming to look at the knobs in the front that are rubbing when I turn them and the front kick plate on the bottom that is crooked. But we like that we're being able to control the heat on the burners and its appearance as well. It looks very commercial, industrial and it’s well designed. Right now, we’re satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We heard that Viking Ranges was one of the best but my wife and I don't feel that way anymore, and we'll never buy a Viking again. It was a terrible experience. We bought our range and had it over five years. Something happened to the temperature button so that we could only cook at 350 or above. They came in to fix that button and it was gonna be $1,000 to fix it.

When they went to fix the button, they moved the stove and they said that on the bottom there's electronic wires that shorted out the oven when they moved it. The service people said it was a defect on the way they made them and now they make them with some type of insulator that protects the wires from shorting out. But that's not available to our range so we had to purchase another one, and we wound up getting a newer model that has that. But we had spent over $2,000 on the newer model that doesn't have a gauge that people can see the temperature on. We have to put something inside of it to see the temperature. There was also no clock on it. And It was more expensive than ours. It's ridiculous.

I could buy something for a quarter of the price that I would be more happy with because we've used Wolf before as a higher-end unit in a lot of our rentals. We've used much less expensive stuff which we've had for 20 years and we didn't have these kinds of problems. Viking is just a name brand and they probably shop out all their service and have no parts after five years on a unit people purchased. It's unbelievable. I don't know how they got their name but I'm sure not from what we've experienced. It's just an oven and it doesn't do anything special. It cooks like everything else is supposed to. Name brands impress people. We could have bought a new oven from somebody else with the money we spent to fix our situation.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a large family, I cook a lot and I needed something strong and durable. I got the Viking stove and it's very powerful. However, I have a problem inserting the racks. I make a cake, slide the racks out and the racks stick and go off the track. They don't slide in and out comfortably. And then, I have a vent above the stove and I have glass in the back of the stove instead of stainless steel. My husband pushed the stove too close to the glass so the first time I used the oven, the glass exploded.

Also, it's very busy to keep the top clean because it doesn’t have sealed burners. It has grates that I have to take in and out and steel wool in between every little crevice there on the top. I have adult sons that are slobs when it comes to cleaning so it’s an extra effort for me to keep this range clean on the top. I would have looked at something different and paid $1,000 extra and gotten a sealed burner. But I got what I got and I use S.O.S Steel Wool to keep the top clean every day. Otherwise, the stove is terrific and I like it.

Viking Ranges

Thank you for your review and letting us know where we need to improve. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Original review: April 27, 2017

I've had my first Viking Range for a year and a half. But it didn’t work properly so it had to be replaced. In fact, I had someone out five times try to repair it with no success. This started in November and it continued until the end of January until they replaced the range. After we got the replacement range, January 31st, it worked fine up until this past weekend and now, it's not working. So, I'm waiting for someone to come out again to fix it.

But their customer service is terrible. When I first called back in November for my Viking Range, they said, "Okay. We're going to hook you up with a service provider." Then they called me back and said, "Oh, there's no service provider in your area that service." So I had to wait but no one ever got back to me saying that they found one. Then right before Thanksgiving, I got a phone call at 8:00 at night and it was a service provider who was running late at a job, but they're coming over to look at my oven. I didn't even know anyone was coming but after the tech came, he said he was going to order the part. So, it should be in after Thanksgiving. I waited.

On the following Monday, I called the service provider to see if the parts have come in. I didn't get a call back so I called again. Finally, they called me back after an hour. The tech said he didn't have my stuff because he wasn't in the office. So, he would call me back the next day. But no one called me back. This went on for about a week. And then finally they said, "We're going to schedule service." They did schedule a certain day, but nobody showed up. I called again several times and finally, they said, "All right. We can do it we think on Friday. This is a Friday." I'm like, "No. You think or you can?" "Oh, no. We're going to do it on Friday. We'll call you in the morning and let you know exactly what time that they'll be there." Well, they never called me in the morning. So, by noon, I called Viking. The lady said, she was going to try to figure it out. "Call me back."

Well, I never heard from Viking, but I heard back from the service provider that they were going to send someone. When the person came, he was at my house for five hours and he was asking my 16-year old son to help him move the oven because he couldn't do it by himself. He took the whole oven apart and he said, after he had it all apart, "Oh, they gave me the wrong part." So, he put the whole oven back together and obviously it didn't work. And he's telling me that he's not a licensed person. He was a student doing the boss of the company a favor. So I freaked out. I didn't want them back at my house so I called Viking again on a Monday. They assured me they were going to look into it, but I never heard back from them.

Then finally, the company came. He said, "All right. Listen, we ordered the right part. Can you please let us do the same process? Please let our company come back. We'll fix it. We have the right part. We know where the part is located." At this point, I just want this fixed so, I'm like, "Fine. Come." He comes again. And after they supposedly fixed the part, it still didn't work. So, the guy left. I called Viking again, asking for a manager, someone to call me back. But no one ever called me back. I would keep getting new people and they would say, "Oh, we're going to add you to our list of people. Here's my contact number." But no one ever followed-up with me.

And then in mid-December, they sent out a new service provider who looked into what's wrong with it. They then ordered the part and came back. They fixed it and the oven would stay hot, but the broiler still didn't work. It would turn on for 50 seconds and then shut off and never come back on. So I called back Viking to tell them it's not working. They said they have to wait for the report from Mr. Appliance. So I called Mr. Appliance to tell them to send the report. They said they did and the lady said, "You need a replacement range. But they don't want to replace it because it's very expensive."

So, finally after numerous attempts through Viking, I called one more time because the next time, I was going to call an attorney because this is insane. It's over six weeks that it hasn't been working since I initially made my first phone call and they've sent people out four different times from two different companies. So, finally I got in touch with the lady who said that she's going to help me. She said that I was going to be getting a replacement. It finally came through at the end of January because they still had to order it. It was installed January 31st, but over Easter it, breaks again. An igniting problem. So the oven won't turn on at all. I have people over and I'm not able to cook because the oven is not working. There are only so many things you can cook on top of the stove. So I called Viking.

So since I bought my range, every holiday it does not work. I called every day from Monday to Wednesday and each day, nobody calls back. And this time, I'm beyond frustrated. If this was a $300 range, I would have thrown it out already and bought another one. I'm on the phone with this lady rep and I'm desperately telling her, "I already know exactly what you're going to say. You're going to give me your direct number and it's going to the escalation team. Someone will definitely call me back." I told her, "Nobody calls me back, that's the thing. They don't call me. They don't email me. Nothing. Not we're working on it. Just like dead. Nothing."

She promised me that she would be different and so far she has. I told her that the regional manager never called me back. I've asked, speak to him numerous t imes, "No one ever called me back." So, she said, "Hold on. I'm going to call the escalation team or whoever sends out servicers." And I don't know what they told her because when she got back on the phone she said, "I didn't like the answer they told me. So, I'm going to take this to my supervisor, I promise I'll call you back." She did email me and her supervisor called me twice and they did have a service provider call me. And over the phone they tried to figure out what the problem is. Telling me to try to do different things. And they ordered the part that they think is the problem with this range. And now, I'm waiting for it to come in. But still, no working range.

These people except for the most recent lady that I spoke to, have no compassion, no understanding. I didn't buy a used one. And when you spent that money, you expect a higher quality of merchandise. I'm a reasonable person, and I understand sometimes, things have flukes. But I cannot get over the horrendous customer service. So far the lady has lived up to what she said she's going to do. She responds to my email which is a plus because no one else ever did that.

But at this point, would I ever buy a Viking again? Absolutely freaking not. And I wouldn't even want one for free. Because if something goes wrong with it, you cannot even get through to try to get it taken care of. That is the most aggravating part besides from it not working. I don't expect to snap my fingers and the service provider would be in my house. But with this range, even when I had the problems with the first one, I had to demand and get irate that I wanted a new one.

After the second service provider came and it still didn't work, at that point they should have been like, "You've already been without an oven for six weeks now during the holidays. You've missed Christmas, Thanksgiving and you're going to miss New Year's at this point too. So, you know what? We are just going to send you a replacement." It was still another month after Christmas that I got my replacement. And I originally called Viking to complain about the issue, November 15th. So, from before November all the way until the end of January, no oven.

Viking Ranges Company Profile