Call toll free
3.95/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Recognized for their exceptional products, Viking provides free standing ranges, range tops, ovens, refrigeration of all kinds, and much more. They have re-engineered their products and they are better than ever. You can now own these products that were previously available only in commercial kitchens. Since partnering with The Middleby Corporation over two years ago, they’ve shifted their culture to ensure their products, quality, and service are the best out there. With numerous products to choose from, you’ll find exactly what you’ve been looking for.

Viking Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1188 Viking Ranges Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Viking fits best in my existing kitchen. It’s easy to use and it looks nice in the kitchen. I like the broiler and when I had a problem with the microwave they replaced the door right away. So far, everything has been good. So get a Viking.

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Just got this double oven. it is beautiful. However, when in use the controls are so hot you can't turn the interior light off/on without burning yourself on the control panel. Seems like it's getting too hot. What do I do?

Viking Ranges response

We are sorry to hear that you are having any issues. Please contact our Customer Care department at 800-241-9152 Option# 3 and we will get you set up with service to see what is going on with your unit.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Viking I can't tell you how frustrated I am with this company. I have a 2016 Viking Stove that is giving us problems. The left hand front burner will not light along with the oven. I have to fan the oven door back and forth and the oven may eventuality light, while I inhale the gas fumes. The gripe I have is that Viking cannot seem to find a appliance service provider in my area to fix the problems. I am located 20 minutes north of Philadelphia and 45 minutes south of New York City. This can't be that difficult an issue to resolve. When I purchased the Viking Stove from Build.com, I also purchase an extended warranty. According to that warranty company they will not do the service until the Viking Warranty runs out, which is December 2018. So to wrap things up, I have a stove that can't be fixed and an extended warranty that is worthless from Build.com. Moral of the story, don't buy Viking or purchase from Build.com.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

The Viking Range seems to be fine but when I ran a little bit of problems, Viking didn’t care until the people I bought it from pushed them. It was brand new and I just cleaned off the griddle. That was when I noticed it was damaged. There were two pit marks in it and with the amount of money I spent for it, I didn’t want a damaged griddle. They sent a replacement part and there was a trough and a backplate but they forgot to send the screws. I talked to the people I bought from since they just delivered it and they tried to contact Viking. Viking said they were not replacing it and the rep from the dealership had to push them to get in order to get it replaced. The customer service wasn't that great in order to get something replaced. Other than that, I like the whole thing and it’s a great range.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

My husband and I love Viking and we love to cook. If we’re gonna invest in something really great for our house, we’re gonna buy good kitchen equipment. We originally bought a gas range in June of 2017 and I love that it has a self-cleaning oven. It had a five-eye burner but the fisheye and the back right burners would not work. Different people came out trying to get it to work but it never did. After 11 plus months, they picked the range up and replaced it with a commercial unit with the burners of the same heat and without the self-cleaning.

The one we have now has four eyes and it doesn’t have that similar fish burner, which is okay. It would have been great for making gravy on the pan but I can certainly set a baking sheet every time and it’s not the end of the world. Also, the last one had a solid break at the top and it was so big. We live in a 100 plus year old house and we just have a normal kitchen sink. So trying to clean that thing was really really difficult. This current one that we have is broken into thirds. We can take the burner rings out and take the whole thing and get down so we can get underneath all that. And if anything spills into the stovetop or the range top, we can clean that too and which is really wonderful.

When we first got it and we put it in, the passenger’s side backseat burner didn’t work. So we disassembled the parts trying figure out why that one particular eye wouldn’t light and noticed there was a little bit of misalignment between where the gas flows and the flame comes out. There was the tiny little floss around the burner where flame shoots out. I called the tech, Luke, back and he came over and he said he had put one of those in a couple of weeks to go in Germantown. He said it was the exact same problem. That’s something that they might wanna quality check if there’s some kind of problem in the manufacturing of it. But Luke adjusted it, so now it lights just fine.

Then, one time, the oven wouldn’t fire. It went through four rounds of the click and then it started releasing gas which was a little scary. I turned it off, I opened the doors and waited for a minutes. I looked at the front of the oven a little more closely and it said that it had a self reigniter. So I waited about 10 minutes and tried to begin and it fired. I thought I need to figure out where the flame is coming from in this thing in case I ever do have to put a stick lighter in there and get it going. Also, I was supposed to be able to take the base of the oven out to clean, but I haven’t been able to figure out how to remove it.

Other than those, the oven itself is a dream come true and so is the range. It cooks everything so well and so evenly, especially my husband remarks how much more pleasant it is to work with than the original one that we had. Even if the original one hadn’t had the flaws, I don’t think it was quite what this particular unit is. And granted, our original one is more of a household model and this is a commercial model but this one is incredible. I would recommend this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

My husband is from Mississippi and everybody there has a Viking range. His mom had a Viking range and it's just a family thing. I used to have a Thermador and I switched over to a Viking when my Thermador went out. I bought it online. The delivery was fine and it showed up on time. I had a professional come and install it. I've had my Viking for about three months and I love it. It's a convection and it's dual fuel. It is heavy duty and it is very easy to clean compared to my Thermador.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I knew a couple of people who have Viking Ranges and they spoke highly of them. Viking also has a reputation that they stand behind their product and their ranges are very good at heating. However, I had a big issue when I first purchased the stove. I bought it from a store and they shipped it to the wrong place. They said that Viking had some issue then they said someone else had some issue. I was supposed to get it in November but I ended up getting it in January. I finally just called Best Buy and said I’m cancelling the order, then I placed a second order through AJ Madison which delivered it on time.

I got the one with six open burners that deliver equivalent heat. So far, the stove has been great but I had two issues before with the stove. First, the oven conked out on me. I called Viking then the warranty people came over, looked at the oven, and fixed the spark igniter that was not working. The second issue was the ventilation hood and for whatever reason, the switch on it stopped working. So, the techs had to come in with a switch part. That took a little longer, though, since they said that they’re usually slow to get parts from Viking. I called them on a Monday and they were supposed to come on a Friday, but they said that they were two weeks out, so I waited a little bit. Both issues have been taken care of and I've been very pleased with Viking.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I love to cook and I’ve always been impressed with the stuff from Viking. I've always wanted a range from them. Some of the other brands don't meet my expectations. I got a Viking range lately and I've had a bit of an issue with the burners. I’m out in the boonies so it’s on propane. But then, I don’t think the burners on the range burn evenly as I can get a higher flame on one side. Nevertheless, I love the six burners and the way the range looks. It's a convection oven also and overall it's been performing well.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Viking has quality products and everybody says that their customer service is good. I got myself a Viking range and we have a problem with the grates. It is peeling. I sent them pictures and it’s taking a really long time to resolve. Viking said they were gonna send me a full set of replacement grates and then they said, “Okay, they’re shipping out.” I didn’t hear anything afterwards so I emailed the person I had been in contact with again and months after we still never got it. They said, “Oh, you have to register your product.” So I registered my product and then I said, “Okay, all registered,” and then I got no follow-up again. I now have to call the parts department so it has now been a three-month runaround. I thought that it was all taken care of on the backend. It's just a little confusing what’s going on with it. But the Viking range is great. I just wanna get the grates thing resolved.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

When we moved to Park City, a Viking range was already put in and I really liked it then. I thought that when we remodel, I’ll get one ‘cause I love to cook. The dealer told me about all the more expensive French stoves which were nice but I can’t afford that much money. I got the Viking range and it’s of excellent quality. It’s an improvement to the 1959 GE maroon wall oven that I had.

The stovetop is great and I love it. The burners give you a lot of gas and you can trim down real low and that’s nice for simmering. We just bought everything and we are getting everything hooked up and functional. It took longer on our cupboards than we thought so that sets us back but it’s a wonderful product and I love it. It’s been a great experience and I would recommend Viking.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Range arrived on schedule and was installed without a problem. Immediately I noticed a positive cooking experience. The burners heated my stainless pans quickly and evenly. They do not burn even at high temperatures. All four 1500 degree burners provide the same positive experience. The electric convection oven is easy to use and also provides even heating throughout.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I liked Viking's reputation for quality, specifically the range. I live in an all-electric home and adding gas would’ve been pricey. I got a high-quality range still within the parameters of my house but purchasing with the Viking dealer was the one bit of a dark spot. Appliances Connection wasn't very good at communicating the timeline for the reception and the arrangement for shipping was not great either. The communication on that was poor. When they finally scheduled the delivery, they told me when it was going to occur and I waited two hours after the fact. I was waiting at our work site since I don’t live where I was renovating.

I finally called them to see what was going on. They said that the shipment was delayed and that they weren’t going to deliver it that night. It was 10 p.m. after they told me I had to wait, so that was frustrating. Nonetheless, the range looks incredible and I’m very anxious to test it out in cooking. Also, we liked the color options. It was silly, but it was really nice. We picked the graphite gray and it’s perfect. Although the dealer and the delivery were a little frustrating, everyone was professional when they delivered and they did a really nice job of getting it into the house quickly and safely. They had the tools to do it well.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Bought Viking double oven, cooktop and dishwasher March, 2018. After opening the items, the oven and the dishwasher were damaged. They were heavily damaged with dents so deep that there were holes. After weeks of complaints, numerous talk with "customer service" rep, I am still nowhere. About a month ago, I was finally granted a replacement for both of them. (Even though the entire time, so, the last 4 months I was told that the parts are arriving).

Now, today, Sept, 5, I decided to call and make an official complaint against Viking dept handling my "case". A person called "TONY", said he could help. After he realized that I want to file a complaint, he started avoiding the issue. I asked for a supervisor and these were his answers: "none is available", "they are all in a meeting". I could hear laughter in the background. He started mocking me as well. I asked for an email of any supervisor and he said that he is not authorized to give out their emails!!! I still cannot believe the disrespect shown towards a customer. Complete lack of professionalism as well. If I had known that this is going to happen, I would have never bought Viking. I DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING VIKING RANGE.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

March, 2018, I bought Viking double oven, 7 series, cooktop and dishwasher. Until today, Sept, 5, I am still in waiting stage for a replacement, without any knowledge of when that us happening! After opening the boxes, I discovered that the dishwasher and the oven were heavily dented. I reported it and after numerous emails, talking with dozens of "customer service" Viking representatives, I still don't have my issue sorted. After numerous complaints, I finally was approved for a replacement of the items.

Now, today, I called to make yet another complaint reg my issue. Got somebody called "TONY" on the phone. After I explained that I want to make an official complaint, he started "mocking" me. He said "No supervisor is available at this time, and no, you cannot have any of their emails." He could hardly contain his smirk while refusing to connect me to somebody more qualified to help! I still cannot get over the disrespect, the mock attitude of a VIKING customer service rep! These 5 months, I have had the worst experience ever! I thought Viking was a reputable company! It is not! Just a reminder: you guys are there because we, the customers are buying Viking. If we go, so do you! If I'd known that Viking deals with upset customers like this, I would have never bought anything. I DO NOT recommend Viking range to anyone!!!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

12 years ago we wanted to have one of the best kitchens in our new home. We brought everything Viking, what a terrible decision. Every one of the Viking appliances has had numerous problems resulting in numerous service calls. We could understand one or two appliances having A problem, but every one? Never again will we recommend or purchase Viking.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

We bought a Tuscany Range mostly on the looks, and we had issues with a door not closing properly. Viking ordered a new part, but now, the door doesn’t close. Also, we have a burner where the gas is escaping underneath it. The parts have been ordered and folks have been out three or four times. I’m waiting to hear when it is gonna be fixed and the parts are in. So it hasn't been a very good experience. It's ridiculous to wait forever to get parts.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Viking ranges are known and they are aesthetically better than their competitors. I got my Viking range from AJ Madison and they told us it would take about a month to deliver but it took longer than that. I had to reach out to them to confirm and they responded to me saying that the delivery is gonna be delayed by a week but it wasn't a big deal. We got the professional series and its quality is good. One igniter wasn't working well and we called up the company and they sent someone quickly. The service was good and it was covered under warranty.

The burners themselves leave stains so it’s weird given the price point of the range. If something goes on it and I don't wipe it immediately, which when I’m cooking I'm not gonna wipe it immediately, it leaves a stain. They need to improve the quality on all the burner caps. The gold burners are beautiful though, the heating is great and it cooks up really well. Our experience with the Viking range has been good so far.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

We live in a small-town area and the closest dealer carried Viking ranges. Their rep showed me how the range worked. He had me pull the oven racks out to see how smooth and strong they worked and how the simmer on top would keep things warm but would not overcook the food. The range has five knobs. Four turns on the burners on top and one turns on the oven and sets the temperature. I like how simple it is and that it doesn’t have all the electronic gadgets in it. Also, I like the ball bearing racks in the oven and that all the burners are large burners on top.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I was selling my house and I wanted Viking Range's prestige in my home so I decided to get one. Their reps were great. They came, delivered the unit and set it up fast. The quality is very nice and I really like it. I like that they have few electronics and that they’re very basic. In fact, it got hardly no electronics on it. I live in an area where the electricity browns out a lot and having the electricity go in and out will fry electrical boards in the appliances. So, the best thing about the Viking Range is they kept the electronics to a minimum.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I like the Viking range, particularly the way it looks, and I started using it in July. It's very good.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

We purchased a house that had Viking appliances in it and our range had a little saga. We were happy with the original range until it had its issue with the handle. The front door with the handle and glass separated from the heavier thermal part of the door. It was under warranty but they couldn't supply a replacement part. It took many months before Viking finally agreed to replace the range but once they did, they did a really good job of coordinating. It was very unexpected to have an issue with the door, but they resolved to our satisfaction.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I’m in construction and I have seen Viking Ranges in the supply houses. The quality of the range I received is good. The team that I dealt with at the Viking dealer was good as well. I knew what I was looking for, but they explained everything. I’m satisfied with my experience with Viking.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I truly love my Viking range. I got it for less than half price, so I was happy. It was a floor model, an upgrade for a good price for what I was planning on getting for our kitchen, and it looks awesome. I use it a lot. I just wish it had a lower blow. It is kind of thermonuclear sometimes. Also, I wish that the oven would heat up a little faster. It seems to take longer than the range we had before, which was a much lower end. Other than that, it is all good. I would totally tell people to go for Viking.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I like the looks of the Viking Ranges and chose to buy one. The quality has been good and I'm very happy with it. I switched from an electric range and with my Viking, having the gas cooktop was nice. If people could afford Viking Ranges, they should buy one.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I purchased my brand new Viking stove on May 30, 2018. It is now August 21 and I still have not been able to use my oven. The first day we put the food in the oven it was making a loud motor like sound. I immediately called Viking and they told me they will have a service repair come to my house to see what the problem was. Their service only comes every 2 weeks so I waited for them to come then waited another 2 weeks for the part to arrive. By the time they actually came which was 3 hours later than the scheduled time the repairman wasn’t able to install it. He said he would come back the following week so again I waited for my next appointment all day long for no one to show up.

Finally the following week they came back and installed a new fan and 2 days later it’s making the same noise again. I spoke to Viking customer service plenty of times and they said this was my only option. I have left messages for someone with higher authority to call me and they never call. I am so disgusted at this point and I still have a stove that doesn’t work. I am shocked with their customer care. I would never ever recommend a Viking to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

The customer service reps at the Viking dealer were excellent. I needed a part and I called them, and they sent it right out. We just started using our Viking range about a week ago and my wife loves it. We can control the flame more precisely. She is also gonna cook more, which makes me happy. The quality of the range is excellent. I would recommend Viking.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I knew about Viking based on recommendations of friends, of the internet and of other people talking about it. I purchased six pieces of Viking appliance. The reason why I purchased the six pieces is because it all says Viking professional, but when those six pieces were delivered, one of them doesn’t say Viking professional, which is different than what I saw on the website. It's not something that I'd expect because I especially selected the model that says professional. Nevertheless the Viking range is of high quality. It was complicated when we're selecting the range hood because it has different kind of motors but they provided very good advice and suggestion for us to select which one we need.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Viking ranges are so expensive and buying one was not our goal. But we just remodeled out kitchen and when we went into the showroom to start buying all the appliances, we walked by a Viking range and it was the most beautiful thing we ever saw. My husband loves to cook and we thought we had to have that. So we spent the money and bought one because of how it looked. Also, the brand name is nothing but the best. Viking is synonymous with quality and you're gonna lay down some bucks for it but it is worth it.

The reps at the Viking dealership were super great. It was a location where they sell several brand names but the rep that helped us couldn't have been more helpful, nice, and informative. We bought the one with the four burners and the grill in the middle. My husband's favorite feature is the grill and mine is the baking oven. I like the way it has the latch pull out which are like on rollers. The quality of the range is beautiful and our experience with it has been great so far. But I'm concerned about the way that little vent that is at the back of the cook area is placed because when it bends out, it kinda hits on our backsplash and over time, that heat at the scene may be an issue. I wish the guy told us that when we bought the range, but that is not a complaint.

We bought the Viking dishwasher as well. We had a guy come out and he said that they are great dishwashers but he hates to work on them because they are so complicated. You've got to pull things apart. But he said that he doesn’t have a lot of problems with them other than it sucks when he has to work on them. As a consumer, we bought it because it has the bottom rack, the top rack, and this little rack underneath that you pull out where you can put utensils or knives. That is brilliant. I show everybody that feature and every person I've shown it to said that they wish their dishwasher had that. So it had an extra feature that, for a consumer, is a winner.

We almost bought an under-the-cabinet-microwave-drawer from Viking, too. But we didn’t do it because in the Viking ones, the buttons are on top so, there wasn’t going to be enough room once you put your granite countertop on. People don’t generally put those low so you can't really get your hand to touch them. So, we went with a Sharp microwave drawer because its feature was you pop open that little drawer for all the buttons. So, it was better and easily accessible. Aside from that, we would have bought all Viking.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

We decided to have a Viking Range since my friend has it as well. I bought it through the website of AppliancesConnection and they were really helpful there. So far, I like that the flame is strong and it cooks faster. Also, it looks very nice when you walk into the kitchen. It's impressive. All in all, not everybody can afford a Viking but it is nice to have and it looks just right.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I liked Viking's double oven, and I read some reviews that Viking seemed better than the Wolf Range. I purchased mine online and I was really happy with their website. It was easy navigating and the information was plain and easy to get to. I owned mine for a couple of months and so far, it’s a pretty nice unit.

Viking expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Viking was founded in 1987 when it became the first major manufacturer to offer professional-grade appliances for home users. Its first appliances went into production in 1990 at its (then) newly opened headquarters in Greenwood, Missisippi, where the company remains to this day.

• Industrial heritage: Viking's focus on professional-grade standards provides users with high-quality appliances that offer powerful features for cooking large meals, either at home or in a business.

• Rangetops: Viking offers one of the most extensive product lines for range tops and cooktops.

• Stainless steel: Viking is almost exclusively dedicated to stainless steel construction, giving consumers who prefer that aesthetic appeal a wide range of choices for finding different fits and finishes.

• Double units: Viking has the largest number of options for users seeking double ovens and double cook tops.

• Authorized dealers: Users who buy from authorized local dealers enjoy extensive and convenient warranty and technical support.

• Best for: Users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs