Call toll free
3.86/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Recognized for their exceptional products, Viking provides free standing ranges, range tops, ovens, refrigeration of all kinds, and much more. They have re-engineered their products and they are better than ever. You can now own these products that were previously available only in commercial kitchens. Since partnering with The Middleby Corporation over two years ago, they’ve shifted their culture to ensure their products, quality, and service are the best out there. With numerous products to choose from, you’ll find exactly what you’ve been looking for.

Viking Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1297 Viking Ranges Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Viking Ranges look beautiful that’s why I chose Viking over a different name, also because of the quality and the name behind it. I wanted everything to match, so I went with the range and the dishwasher as well. The range has worked really well, but the dishwasher had problems when it was first originally shipped. The team with Viking came in and had to replace two parts, but for a brand-new appliance having two new different parts, having someone come in was not something I expected. In the future, I would stick with the actual cookware and not the auxiliary accessories.

I have the standard range and stovetop, but it's built well. Everything on it is really strong and really sturdy like it would be lasting a long time. I don't worry about if it's gonna break if I move to someplace I'm gonna have to be of if I'm gonna end up replacing it in the next five years. On top of that, I really like the timeless design, where it won't go out of style if I switch from plain marble to black marble. It's not something I'm gonna have to replace.

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Viking is of very good quality. I have the Viking range with the steel grill, and I love it because it doesn't look ugly. It always stays shiny, and it doesn't matter how much I use it. Everything went well at the Viking dealer when I purchased the range. The people were knowledgeable with comparing the Viking with other ranges, and they knew about all the updated features. They were very good. I'm very happy with Viking.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

We'd recommend Viking. Their reputation, as well as the looks and style of their ranges, prompted us to buy a unit from them. We are very happy with what we got. It is working very well for us and we feel that it is very sturdy. It feels good when you're using it and it looks well in the kitchen. Also, when I registered the product, I called their customer service and they were very helpful. Everything has been a positive experience.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

We had an oven fire over Christmas, and so we bought a new one from Viking. The oven fit and I had a hood already that was Viking, so it was just as simple as replacing what was there. I needed an oven fast, so I went online and found whoever was closest to me, who could bring it in and who had a good deal going on. I got it through Appliance Connection. I spoke to somebody about which one to get and they sorted it out. It was okay. But the installers were a little half-assed. Even so, the quality of the oven is good and solid. There was nothing wrong with it except one of the igniters wasn't working, but I fixed that myself. And there were a few loose parts on it when it came that needed to be sorted out. But I've had one in the past, and it's fine. It's better than most.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I shopped for a long time and Viking's quality for the money seemed to be a good deal. I absolutely love the quality of the range. When I turn on the broiler, it's like Stars Wars inside the oven.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Viking Ranges is one of the brands you’d look at if you’re looking for a professional-style range. I've checked them out as I was doing a kitchen renovation. I’ve got a bit of an older model from them. It looks more clean and it’s not as fancy-looking. It's just simple, and I want it to work well and not look pretty. Performance-wise, I like how much heat it can put out and the consistency of that. It’s a lot more powerful. I like the high heat of it and also its ability to keep it below simmer. You can get it really low. Most ranges can’t hold such a low flame. The range has been great and I’m getting adjusted to cooking with it.

One of the things that I think was a bizarre design of the range is when you have the oven on and it gets to a temperature, it cycles on and off. And it seems like it cycles rather frequently. It’ll shut off and then you’ll hear, “Tick, tick, tick,” and then it will all fire back up. I thought there was a problem with it, so I called Viking just to understand. From what I understood, the newer models have this glow bar, and it’s a little bit different. I think they fixed that but changed the mechanism.

The Viking customer service were helpful and was okay. I had some problems at first when I got the range. When I was trying to get it troubleshot and have someone come out and take a look at something that there was a problem, it took them almost two weeks before they were able to get someone to me. That was just a little bit long, especially considering I just got the product. For people who likes to cook and can afford a range like Viking, I think it would be a good range for them to get.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I had a friend that had Viking appliances and we really liked the appearance. It was something that we were interested in. We liked all the great things we heard about hem too. With our Viking range, I like the quality and the way it distributes heat. But when our range was delivered, there were tapes inside the two glasses and we still have those in there. That's something that somebody is coming out to look at and they will take it out from there.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I wanted a classic gas stove and didn't want one with computers. The Viking range was simple and that was why I got it even though it was not as good as Wolf. But I had a question about the product because it was so hard to see one. I got the cheapest 30-inch range and the showrooms had none. I was told by a Ferguson person that there was two of this one and so she called and said, "Oh, one's not supposed to be there, they have upgraded it". I called Vikings to find out what they changed because the price was lower. The rep was short with me and she wasn't the best customer service.

Also, when I was buying it, I was told there was nobody to service it in Williamsburg. I told them that Port City does and so the rep called them and they go, "Yeah, we work on them". They even put it down on my sales receipt. The day after I got it, I roasted a bunch of vegetables and there was moisture in between the glass on the oven door. It didn't go away for four days. I called Ferguson and they called Port City who sent a guy out.

My stove has a middle burner that's oblong and it's one of the lowest BTUs. This one wouldn't light like the other one. The repair guy said that it was the same as the round one but there were more holes and that was normal. The installers said they were gonna replace the glass thing in the middle. But it's never done it again and now, I'm worried and I'm afraid to say, "Don't fix it" 'cause they'll say later, "Oh, you wouldn't let us fix it." The moisture does dissipate eventually and I have faith in my repair guy that he'll do it right 'cause I've known him for years. But since the day I got the oven until now, I still don't have the part. Other than that, everything seems fine to me.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

We moved into a new house and wanted to get a new cooking range. We bought one from Viking, which is our second Viking range, and it's all gas. It's the smallest of the 500 series and 30 inches in size. I like the way it works for the most part and the fact that it doesn’t have a lot of electronics on the front. The soft-closed door and the roller-bearing shelves are nice, too.

The quality of our new range is pretty good. However, we’ve had two real and serious issues in the last six weeks that we’ve owned it. The first problem was that the cooling fan had a bad bearing. It was making a total racket and it was an issue right out of the box. But Kimball Electronics, one of Viking's factory authorized dealers, was able to replace the cooling fan. The second issue was that the oven would not light and it was very temperamental about getting the spark for the oven. But Kimball Electronics fixed that this week by putting in a new orifice where the gas comes into the oven and adjusting the air so the spark could ignite without spreading gas all over the kitchen. Kimbal Electroniics have been great and so far, we have been very pleased with Viking. We have been for many years and with our new range. We got the dishwasher special with that as well and the dishwasher has been good, too.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

We had nothing but trouble with the Viking Range that we first received. It was a gas range, the simplest model that Viking makes and I felt like I got a lemon unit. We were without an oven for five weeks. I contacted Viking and I spoke with a gentleman named Tony who should have been responsible for resolving these kinds of issues. Basically, he said that Viking would only come and replace parts on the unit even though we had had the repairman out three times. He also said that they would restart our warranty once the range started working. Tony was nice but he had a very condescending attitude. He should not be dealing with end-users.

Viking never got me a new range and I am rather disappointed with them. They were exceedingly stubborn with replacing it. I didn’t even wanna go with the same model and I wanted to get a different one. I wanted to go to a dual convection and I would've paid the difference if Viking would've stepped in and did something about it. It took a lot of work and coordination that the consumer and the end-user should not have had to go through. I have never dealt with a more frustrating company and I’m astonished that they treat an end-user like that. It ruined my opinion of them.

The dealer I purchased it from replaced the range, and that was before Viking agreed to make the transfer. This was all done through the retailer. They brought a new one out and it worked right away, and it’s been working since then. Viking is a very good range while it’s been working, but with all the experience I had with the last unit, I was not happy. Any time that somebody will ask me about my range, I will be more than happy to tell them the story of how Viking basically did nothing.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Viking is a good product and it looks beautiful but the functionality is a big problem. I bought a high-end oven, thinking that it would be more efficient and I'd be able to get better use out of it. Instead, I'm having a problem with this brand-new and expensive oven that's over $5,000 after having it for less than two months. I've bought a lot of different appliances in my time and I've never run into a problem with an appliance immediately.

I asked my husband to preheat the oven and he had to shut it off because it wasn't turning on and there was a gas smell in the house. Also, the microwave is a little weird. The fan has two speeds but it certainly sounds the same to me. I reached out to where I purchased the oven from and they sent somebody to service it.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

My husband and I completed our renovations in May 2018. We have had issues with the microwave drawer and the oven since we finished our kitchen. The panels were defected on both and we had to set up at least 4/5 appointments with the authorized service provider until the matters were remedied. Fast forward to January 2019 - the oven does not work above 300 degrees. I was advised by Viking that service can schedule an appointment to look at the oven in mid February!!! After several calls, we were scheduled for service today. When nobody arrived - we were advised that Viking canceled the appointment 3 days ago, never advising us of the change. Not only does the product fail to meet its reputation, the customer service at Viking is reason alone never to buy another Viking product.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

We've had Viking for the past 19 years. The entire time I've been married, my wife and I have had Viking Ranges in three houses that we've owned. We bought them brand-new and had solid experiences for the most part. We have a child with severe food allergy. She's in the top 1% of allergic people, so we can't go into most restaurants and we have to cook at home. We wanted a commercial-quality stove or range. However, I'm really disappointed with the newest range that we received from Viking.

We've always had gas on the top and also gas ovens, and we've always had the 48-inch ranges with the dual ovens. We bought a house that was remodeled back in November of '17, then we remodeled and moved in April of last year and we got a new range. We always wanna have gas on the stovetop because it is easier and we feel we have better control when cooking, but we went with electric for the ovens because we were told it was more consistent cooking. However, that is not the case. We bake and we use the ovens a lot. We cook at least two meals at home a day.

We had a technician come out and we got the issue settled with the gas burners, which our cleaning person was cleaning and not putting them back on appropriately so that they click into place. We asked about the ovens because a lot of times, we put croissants or bread in the morning and it's not cooking evenly at all. The technician’s response was, “Well, you should use the convection oven,” but I completely disagreed on that. The convection oven shouldn’t be used for everything. He also said, "The other thing is you should warm it up. You should spend an hour warming it up.” I thought that, in all practical matters, it was completely idiotic. We have a family and we have kids. We love the gas ovens and when we had the gas ovens, they heated up very quickly.

We have the professional range and we paid more to get the electric ovens. I paid $14,000 for it, but we are bummed that I did because I was advised by the people at the Warehouse Discount Center, which is a Viking dealer to sell, that the electronic ovens cook more evenly and that they are consistent. They do not cook evenly. Even the front and back are not even whether you are using the small oven or the larger oven, so it would make me not wanna buy a Viking range again or I definitely would never buy electric oven parts. If there was any way I could swap it out, I would probably swap it out and go gas.

Unfortunately, I have an oven now that is less than a year old and we can't stand it. It doesn’t do the job for us. It's a very high-end kitchen, but the oven stinks. My wife is a big vocal critic of it but if we had gas, we would be happy as clams. Everyone from Viking has been perfectly fine and everyone has done a great job, however, I'm bummed that we were advised that way and that I'm gonna be stuck with the electric oven for the next 30 years. I would never go with an electric oven to save my life ever again and I would never recommend Viking.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I purchased the Viking range in the summer and it has been physically operationally working for about three months. I had to have my kitchen redone, so we started with appliances first, then we installed it once the kitchen was pre-configured. It was a stand-up oven as opposed to a countertop. We’ve used it on several occasions and it has been great. The unit is very solid, has high BTU efficient, and has the gas top as well as the oven. It is a convection oven, which we never had before, so it has enhanced some of our food preparations by far. The appliance is quite heavy but that is part of the solid construction. Also, we haven’t used the self-cleaning function yet and we haven’t used the unit to a great extent.

The prices of Viking are fairly high in range, like Wolf, Milan, and other manufacturers and the price of the unit I purchased was much higher than I wanted to spend. The particular stove model we purchased is being discontinued, which didn't bother me because the product itself is what’s important and it doesn't mean it’s not gonna be supported by the manufacturer.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I bought a house with a Viking range. I like the range, but I’m not happy with the oven --- I’m not able to really cook in the oven. The range, on the other hand, looks like a solid piece of equipment. The range is pretty and the stovetop cooking is my favorite feature.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I was doing my research looking for a good stove and going from store to store, and I decided on picking Viking. They had a good price-point, however, I just had the range for six months and I got a part replaced. I called Viking and the staff was okay and they handled everything in an expeditious manner. I'm just a little frustrated because the range is brand new.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I choose Viking Ranges for their quality and I just like them. They have a very good quality. My favorite feature is its consistency in cooking. I also love that each of the burners has a simmer mode, which is good. I bought the range from someplace online. I also bought the extended warranty and there’s one company in our area that works on the Viking that's certified if I have any issues with it.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I've been cooking my whole life and my parents had a couple of Viking Ranges. I went with them as well because of the quality and a specific offering that they had that included a free dishwasher. The range is excellent. I like the simplicity, the quality, and the ability to rebuild, repair over time and the lack of any real computers and microprocessors.

But I have never been more disgusted in the service that I received from a company, let alone one that I've just given $5,000 to. I interacted with tech support a couple of times. The individual I was talking with was mumbling into the phone and acted like he was doing me a favor for helping me. He acted like my questions were completely ridiculous. When I talked to somebody at a call center in India for an appliance I bought at Home Depot, they treated me better than this. I had to tell him to put me on the phone with a different tech support person but they have no further help. I talked with people in the parts department who told me I was incorrect with regards to where the data tag was for where the serial number and model number were. It was an all-around garbage experience and they will never get another dime of my money.

I've since talked to other owners of Viking products as well as some technicians and they say that this is a common trend. I have written Viking and they've not gotten back to me. Quite frankly, my next purchase will not be a Viking because I've never encountered such pathetic treatment of a customer, especially one who thought they were buying a luxury brand which would come along with the support. I've just convinced somebody not to buy a Viking as a result of this because that is unacceptable to me.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

My friend recommended Viking Ranges. I purchased one from their dealer and it went very well. However, when I turn off the burners, there is a really loud sound of the gas turning off. Also, the burners are big. I burned myself a couple of times, so I have to be careful. I cannot put any small pot on the burner, as well, because obviously, the red of the burner is bigger sometimes. And sometimes you just need to use smaller pots as you cannot use the big ones all the time. But, I like everything else about the Viking range.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I like Viking's BTUs and the way their ranges look. I like the price as well. I decided to buy a range from them and so far, I've been loving it. Compared to the lower-end stove that I had, the BTUs really change the effectiveness especially of the convection oven. Before, when I would try to cook things in the oven, I had to work very hard to get the results that I get with the Viking. Also, their dealer was very good. There was a time when I had an issue with my hood and when I ordered it back for the stove that I didn't know how to put on, he called me back and talk me through the process. Exceptional.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I have been very happy with Viking. The downside of the Professional range that I have, is that there’s not a small burner and they’re all the same size. But other than that, I have not have any problems with them until just recently, when one of my ovens ran out. I looked online for a repairman and I was not happy with the first repairman that I saw. He came into my home, looked at my range and he called me back about a week later, and said that it was going to cost $1,700 for a new control panel, and two workers to repair it. That’s not right.

I did some research. I found another repairman that was Viking approved and it costed me just under 600 to repair my oven. There was a recall on it as well, so they did that. They took care of that in addition to fixing my oven. Probably, the biggest downside is that it’s hard to find good and honest repairmen for Viking products. But I have no complaints from my products. It’s a quality product. I’ve got an electric wall oven that I use constantly and gracefully. Thank God that it’s performing well. And I’ve used my products all the time. They all look pretty in my home.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

My husband wanted a Viking range. We bought one and it has been terrible. We took in the dimensions of the range that we had in. Their guaranteed me it would fit and that the would be a half-inch further out than the existing range we had which was not a big deal at all. However, when their delivery guys got here, it stuck out 4 inches further. So, we had to cut into our granite to get it to fit. Also, their guys didn't bring a range cord with them to do the installation so we had to take the one off of our old range.

They also told us that the range would fit and that it won't stick out once we took the granite out. Still, because of the width of the plug, it stuck out. They eventually told me that they would come back three days later with a long enough gas hose and recess the plug in the wall. Instead, they came back with another gas hose that wasn't long enough. I have a 2-foot hose and a 4-foot one and they had two supply lines hooked together. The installers also scratched my floor. After all this, Viking has not been acceptable. Nobody wants to have two gas lines. It's just another spot for it to leak. At that point, I told them that I don't want them messing with my range. They already scratched the floor ones. My husband can change out the gas line and so we're gonna do it.

Yet another problem was that the door of the range wouldn't open so they sent out a text to fix that plate across the bottom. Three days later, we were actually going to use it for the first time and the light kept coming on. We called them out to fix that and it took a week for them to come out. When they did, the tech said that our hinges were busted so the door was stuck. They also didn't have the part with them so we had another 10 days without a stove.

The second time the installers left, they ran over my garbage cans and left them in the middle of the road. So, I called and talked to their guy and he told me that they would figure out what they were gonna do about my garbage cans and the scratches on the floor. However, we never heard back from him. I sent a message a week later telling him that I'm very disappointed with the service. We try and shop local, support smaller businesses, and it’s disappointing that they couldn't even get back to me. When I talked to him again, he said he thought I was gonna call him back. He also said that the only thing they would do was refund me the installation fee. Though they were gonna send somebody out to fix our floor, it would cost me. I'm not trusting anybody that they're gonna send out at this point.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

We like the quality and the features of the Viking range. We worked with a local dealer to purchase one and everything kind of worked as advertised. We've had our range since November and the quality is very good. I like the way the burners work. However, it is difficult to adjust and calibrate the oven. It seems like the temperature is off on the oven and there’s no information in the instruction book on how to do that. Also, I didn't know that they were gonna change the range. I should have done some more homework as a consumer. The oven is not very deep, too, which is a disappointment. Still, these are just a couple of minor negatives. In general, we’re very pleased with our Viking range.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I had a Viking range 20 years ago. I was looking for a new gas range with certain features and Viking filled the spot. So far, I love the quality of the range that we received from Viking. I like that it’s simple, very direct, and does what it says it’s gonna do. I turn it on and off, and there are no hidden electronics to mess up. It has worked ever since we set it up, so it’s great. Also, I absolutely love the broiler. But any time that people buy something online and it’s being shipped from New York, nobody gives them a date on when their product is going to arrive and there’s a bit of tension that goes on with that. In this case, our product arrived two weeks later than what we were promised, so there was some angst with that. But scheduling was the only issue that we had and other than that, the people that I talked to were very nice and polite.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

We bought a new-build and the Viking range was already installed in the house. Viking had a reputation that I heard of and the builder's use of that appliance increased our impression of the rest of the house. We really like and enjoy our Viking range, and we've only had minimal issues with it.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

We've got Viking for the name brand. The purchasing experience was good and everything went smoothly. The Viking dealer was very helpful too. The range I got was a builder and it looked good although I haven't actually used it yet.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

My Viking Range was in the home when I bought it. The stove is fantastic except when you need something repaired, it takes them forever. The handle fell off so the whole door had to be replaced. The stove was under warranty and Viking responded quickly but it was hard to get the repairs done. My electric door is on backorder and when I asked them about how long the backorder was gonna be, no one could tell me anything. It was a breakdown in communication and they won’t give me the actual number of the Viking warehouse. I can call Viking customer service but I cannot get Viking warehouse to find out where they were gonna ship or when I could expect to get it. That has been going on for three to four weeks and it’s way too long for the price that I pay for.

I cook every day and I love the way the range cooks but it’s all a racket because the stuff should not even be falling apart like this. I couldn’t even use my oven. I can use the stove but I can’t risk making the door work because the glass may actually fall. I knew about Viking before I moved into my home. It is a good brand but it’s way too expensive what I happen to go through for repairs. I also have a Viking refrigerator and the handle came off. They said they would have to replace the whole door for $500 and that part was no longer under warranty. So we Gorilla glued the handle back on and it was pretty good. Viking does what they’re supposed to do but when I need a repair, it’s awful.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I decided to go with a Viking range for its design. It looks more industrial. When I purchased the range, the experience was easy. I've had it for about six weeks now and I like the way it heats so thoroughly. The only negative about my experience was that I bought a 5 Series Range and I didn’t know I needed to buy extra stainless steel knobs to make it look like the 7 Series because it wasn’t close to me at first. Also, I'm still waiting on a griddle cover. But other than that, all is good. The Viking range is a showpiece in the kitchen.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

We were looking for new appliances and we went to look at Viking ranges. They had a deal where you buy a range and you get a free dishwasher tossed in so, we went for that. We like the range a lot. It is of high quality, better quality than the other ranges that we looked at. Plus, the Viking dealer's people were very, very helpful and they did everything on time. Now, my wife uses the range and she likes that she can control the flames so carefully from high to low. It's very controllable. I'm glad that we bought the Viking equipment. We plan to stay here in the house for many, many years and we hope that all these appliances last as long as we do.

Viking Ranges response

Thank you for sharing you experience with us. We are so glad to hear that you love your range.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

We went to a local appliance store and looked at a number of different brands and models. I did some research online. Ultimately, after the salesperson had described the aspects of each, we settled on the Viking. Viking has that kind of a household cache to it. It seemed to have a good track record. My wife is an interior designer so she has helped clients choose their appliances, and the feedback she has gotten has been positive too. We like the looks of the range and the burner configuration was to our liking.

However, I wish it had a timer or a clock on it. We had to buy an auxiliary timer. Our previous stove had one and it was quite convenient. We had gotten used to that over the years so that was a bit inconvenient. Also, the dials are black on black, which makes it a bit tough to read. You have to get down low. If there was some contrast to the dials to make it easier to read, that would be an improvement. And the blower that cools the unit down is a bit annoying. It comes on a lot and lasts for quite a while.

We had to make a service call because the igniter was not catching and it was spewing gas into the kitchen. We had to call the Fire Department the first time it happened. It happened over the Christmas vacation so repairmen weren’t open, and the one appliance repairman who services our entire county was backed up for three weeks. We had to live with that problem for three weeks and that was very frustrating. We did finally get the technician in, and he took the range all apart, moved the igniter closer to the gas outlet, and we haven’t had a problem with it since.

Viking expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Viking was founded in 1987 when it became the first major manufacturer to offer professional-grade appliances for home users. Its first appliances went into production in 1990 at its (then) newly opened headquarters in Greenwood, Missisippi, where the company remains to this day.

• Industrial heritage: Viking's focus on professional-grade standards provides users with high-quality appliances that offer powerful features for cooking large meals, either at home or in a business.

• Rangetops: Viking offers one of the most extensive product lines for range tops and cooktops.

• Stainless steel: Viking is almost exclusively dedicated to stainless steel construction, giving consumers who prefer that aesthetic appeal a wide range of choices for finding different fits and finishes.

• Double units: Viking has the largest number of options for users seeking double ovens and double cook tops.

• Authorized dealers: Users who buy from authorized local dealers enjoy extensive and convenient warranty and technical support.

• Best for: Users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Greenwood
MS
www.vikingrange.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.