Call toll free
3.91/5
Based on 330 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Recognized for their exceptional products, Viking provides free standing ranges, range tops, ovens, refrigeration of all kinds, and much more. They have re-engineered their products and they are better than ever. You can now own these products that were previously available only in commercial kitchens. Since partnering with The Middleby Corporation over two years ago, they’ve shifted their culture to ensure their products, quality, and service are the best out there. With numerous products to choose from, you’ll find exactly what you’ve been looking for.

Viking Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1130 Viking Ranges Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 20, 2018

I purchased my Viking oven model VESO5302TSS in 2014 from ABT. It sat for approx 1 1/2- 2 years while renovations were completed. I purchased it a little too early. After finishing renovations, moving in and finally starting to use it I was delighted. Hands down it was the best oven I have ever used but it didn’t last. After about a year I have had nothing but problems, luckily I purchased the extended warranty. Now at the end of my extended warranty (about two years of actual use) there are still problems and I have lost all faith in Viking. The touch screen has been replaced twice, two boards, door latch, cooling fan, door panel five times, door hinges multiple times, thermostat probe, skirt trim twice and a couple more issues that I cannot remember at the moment.

The convection fan and cooling fan are currently malfunctioning again. Many parts had to be ordered multiple times during the process because the wrong item was sent from Viking or item was shipped damaged/broke in shipping. At what point is it considered a lemon. After many visits to retailer, having service tech out at least 20 times and having them contact Viking rep, Viking has finally decided to buy the unit back for $1200. At the $4700+ purchase price this is kind of ridiculous. This oven should have lasted a lifetime but has barely made it through two years of use (maybe 100 times). I would highly recommend others to purchase from someone other than Viking because they are obviously not standing by their products and not selling quality anymore.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 20, 2018

I’ve worked in restaurants for a very long time and I came to know about Viking Ranges. I decided to buy one from PC Richards since for a home oven, I wanted something that has more fire and a more professional look. I like it a lot. It’s a very good quality and high-powered oven and I like that the internal temperature is more accurate than most home ovens. I had some issues with the oven turning on and the pilots, but I had it serviced within a few months of buying it. I also had a problem with the little rubber stoppers on the underside of the grates that go over the burners. Those fall off all the time and it’s a hassle because I’m worried about the grate scratching the oven underneath when I take them off to clean and put them back on. But those little rubber things gone missing is probably the biggest issue I’ve had, which is good.

Original review: July 3, 2018

$21,516. That is the amount that we paid on Halloween day in 2010 for a Viking appliance package that included a dual fuel range, built-in refrigerator, dishwasher and beverage center. I can honestly say that it was the singularly worst purchase decision I have ever made. Not only has the equipment performed poorly when functioning, it is not functioning all too often. To top it off, when service is required, we endure a virtual absence of service providers in our city of nearly 1,000,000 people.

Recently, both refrigerator and range ceased to function. The one service company which would service the equipment told us "I'll order new circuit boards for the equipment, but there is no guarantee that will fix them. Either way, you have to pay for the boards up front." We spun the wheel and bought the boards for $1,200. I feel somewhat lucky that the refrigerator was restored to operation following the installation of a new board. Sadly, the new circuit board did not repair the range and the service tech is now suggesting that "maybe" the fan is the problem on the range. We have been offered another shot at the wheel for some $300… with no guarantee, of course.

To be fair, we are people that paid $21,000+ for kitchen appliances. If that's where you live, you have to learn to recognize that you may be susceptible to valuing image over quality. In this case, we bought a name that has cache far greater than it deserves. Unlike a high maintenance Porsche that is awesome when it is working, this equipment is mediocre at its best and abysmal when it's not. Literally better off using middle-market brands at a fraction of the cost.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I have a Viking stove - the broiler broke. The repair person says we need a 6 position selector switch that is no longer available - PJ030015. I called Viking and they essentially said, "Tough luck. Your expensive stove is useless because we don't have parts anymore." Outrageous.

Original review: June 23, 2018

We have the 36-inch Viking range. We purchased from AJ Madison online, and the shipping was fine. I like the size and the durability. It just feels super solid.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Original review: June 22, 2018

I liked the amount of heat and design of Viking and I enjoyed its quality. My favorite feature of the range was the griddle and everything was fine except for the fact that it didn’t work initially, so they had to come back and reinstall it.

Original review: June 19, 2018

We've now spent $2,000 repairing our $6,000 oven. The ignitors are cheap and do not last. The last repairmen said... they don't make better ignitors. I don't know about Wolfe and the other, but I would not get a Viking again.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I had a Viking at my previous home. I just like their product and the commercial aspect of it. The first one I had was the open burner kind of thing and all steel. With the new range, I like the way it cooks and the little LED light thing that's underneath that you can actually see the knobs that illuminate it. Compared to the old range I had that had a softer side and could easily be scratched at the back, this new one has a softer cushion and it doesn't mark like the first.

The only shortcoming was my experience with the Viking dealer. I like the range and if I had just gotten it from someone else, it would have been a whole lot better. Everything did not happen like it was supposed to. The salesperson neglected to schedule the installers so I had appliances sitting in my kitchen for three days uninstalled. I went to that store so many times prior to them doing the delivery because I had such a bad feeling it wasn’t going to go right and I was right. But they're the only game in town and I was trying to buy local instead of ordering it on the internet.

Original review: June 17, 2018

The dealer I was buying from was having a weekend event and they had reps from different appliance companies. I didn't want the typical LG or any of the regular brands like GE Profile or KitchenAid. I had KitchenAid gas range before and I wasn't happy with it because the burner wasn't totally heating. It had a little gap, so I had to keep turning whatever I was cooking so it would cook evenly. I also had a GE refrigerator and that was awful. This time, I wanted something higher-end and so we decided to go with Viking.

Also, Viking was still more affordable. I purchased a whole kitchen and all my appliances are now Viking. It looks great and it’s definitely high-end. The range definitely cooks evenly and I'm happy with it. The stovetop has been my favorite feature as well. Overall, one can tell the quality of Viking just in cooling down the stove or the oven door. I can feel the quality compared to the other standard brands.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I was looking into a more professional level of cooking appliances. My husband's parents have had Viking for years and he really liked them so we just went with that one instead of a Wolf. They're all very similar but I liked the name recognition and experience of Viking. The dealer was excellent, very knowledgeable about the product and helpful with questions.

Our Viking range is of excellent quality. We have a dual range and a cooktop that's propane so we really like the feature of the convection and all the options in the oven. We like the size of it too. We have six burners and it definitely functions with big holiday events. And when we had any repair issues, which had been minimal, they were very quick to get us a repair guy here and they did a great job.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 15, 2018

I paid over 5K for this American-made range (ordered March 2018). I expected the quality to be top-notch. Not only does the sheet metal have stress cracks, many screws were loose and stripped out, the unit is not square and fits the space like a rhombus, but the door won't even close right. A third-party tech looked at it and simply commented that he'd seen much worse come out of their factory. The side panel overlaps the rear panel, so that the gas line won't fit in the slot described on the installation diagram. This extra piece had to be trimmed off by me! The porcelain coating is abraded on one of the 3 grate supports, and the grates themselves had numerous casting flaws that had to be ground down, or additional severe scratching would have occurred.

Burner assemblies are stamped "China". The oven cycles about every 2 minutes, and when it does only runs for about 8 seconds - I understand that this means the temp. is more stable, but also feel this contributes to shortening the life of various components. I've partially blocked the ridiculously large vent holes, which helps considerably. I'm still waiting for the 24" high shelf - ordered 7 weeks ago - still on back order. After contacting Viking, I received a nice reply that they're going to forward my concerns to their quality control dept. How does that help me? My advice - try another brand. It seems Viking's quality control is currently non-existent. Maybe Wolf?

Viking Ranges response

We are sorry that you had an issue with the delivery. We are glad that has been taken care of. As far as the use and care of the unit. blocking the air vents could hinder how the unit functions as well as cause overheating or additional service calls to the unit

Original review: June 15, 2018

I like that the Viking range's construction and the reports that I’ve seen about it, and being six burners with an extra-large oven made it a perfect match for the kitchen. The craftsmanship of the range that I got is beautiful and everything is enclosed. It has the proper sparkers to hook up the gas and the electric. And the burners are fantastic but Viking really did a great job on the engineering of the simmer. It’s beautiful. And I like that I can take the knobs off and wash them. They're metal and looks like they’re gonna be there for a long time.

I bought my Viking range through ABT Electronics in Chicago. And the packaging was perfect and it came perfectly protected. Their giveaway, the Viking dishwasher, also helped me with the purchase and further rebates in another order is always a nice thing to have. All in all, the Viking range is a great product. And from what I’ve seen, it is really nicely engineered with all heavy cast iron components and burners, the knobs, and the interior enforcement. I haven’t seen a product that’s like this yet and the simmer is adjustable and it's really nice that I can put it up or down. The range sits off the floor, too, so I can sweep underneath.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I love the quality of the range we purchased from Viking. And I really like the cook top, and the style of the range. Our experience at the Viking dealer was excellent. We came in contact with the owner of the company, and I was impressed with his personality. He's a great person, there was no pressure as far as the sales, and he showed us around the showroom. Everything has been great. And if somebody would ask about Viking, I'd say it is the best.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I’ve known of the Viking brand off and on for years. We were getting ready to renovate our kitchen and I like Viking's brand reputation. Plus there was a really good package deal that the store offered, in which we would get either a microwave or a dishwasher for free. The reps at this store were also knowledgeable overall and very accommodating. We’ve only had the range installed and working for about two and a half weeks and we really love it so far. It’s fast and very powerful. If you can afford Viking and are considering it, you should definitely get it.

Original review: June 12, 2018

We've had a couple of Viking Ranges before from friends and family and we decided to purchase with them once again. The new range I got from them has been excellent and I really like the wine rack that came with it.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: June 12, 2018

The quality of the Viking range is pretty good. The service guys weren't that great though. The gas connection wasn’t installed quite correctly by the plumber. It was supposed to be a warrantied service, and if the service guy found out that the problem wasn’t covered under warranty, then he was gonna be paid a fee. But then I expected him to fix the problem. If they came, and I should pay a fee, they might as well fix the problem because I already paid for it. But no, they decided not to fix it because they came for a warrantied fix. And that I just have to pay their trip fee. Viking didn't make that clear on the service call center. The service guy that they sent wasn’t exactly a Viking service guy. He was like some random guy off of the phonebook. So next time, I'll just get a local independent person instead of waiting for Viking to send them out.

My oven is a dual-fuel, so it's gas on top and electric on the bottom. The electric part works really, really well. The convection really circulates the air, so everything cooks evenly and that’s my favorite thing. The burners on top seem to be a little overbuilt, so you can't really cook anything right because it's always pretty much high. Even the lowest setting is kind of high so that’s why it's not easy to cook. If I cook something small, I have to buy a heat tamer. So you're basically covering the burner with a metal plate to make it cook slower, which is kind of a bummer. Most professional gas ranges have a tamer function where you have a little tiny burner in the middle of the big burner, and then you can cook awesome.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I wanted to pair up all my products with the same thing. I was choosing from Viking, Wolf, and Sub-Zero, and it was a comparison between them. We chose Viking over the Sub-Zero line 'cause Sub-Zero has a dishwashing machine that has an interior that I wasn't completely satisfied with. In addition, Viking should also make a wine fridge so that my entire house's appliances would be a Viking. I have their range, the hood, and the dishwasher 'cause that's pretty much the only appliances that they offer. The range is good, but its burner tends to leave a lot of watermarks which is like a darkening stain. And for whatever price I'm paying for them, it shouldn't be something like that.

The appearance on the burner of a Viking should have been a little cleaner. The main effect that just blows me off. No matter how much I do, it looks like it's dirty but it's not. From my experience, I have heard of lots of people telling it's gonna do that, and I already knew about it before I bought the product. I even asked the person where I picked it if there was any way to prevent it. I was told I've got to replace it. I called Viking up and replaced the little lid. But the main thing is that it heats up all my food and I love that its flame. It's so powerful that everything just heats up twice as fast compared to a regular Sears product that I would have bought.

I have a close relative that owns the Wolf line of the same exact products that I have from Viking, and I have used their products before I bought the Viking products. The Viking does everything like a commercial grade appliance would do but it's not commercial grade so it does the effect for our household, in general. And it does work 20% faster with me cooking on a Viking than on a Wolf. But at the same time, the Wolf that I used was three years older than the newer series that most probably came out with the changes that they have.

As for the dishwasher, it's great and it matches all my appliances but I wish it was more fancy enough. If I have to pick a dishwasher all over again, I would have gone with Sub-Zero. Even though I didn't like the interior much, it is a little bit nicer in the features that I've seen on the newer ones. Other than that, everything else seems fine and well-warrantied.

Original review: June 10, 2018

We just got a Viking range installed. We liked the industrial look that Viking Ranges provides and then we found a decent deal through an appliance company so we made the purchase. The range is limited in terms of features. It's an on/off gas range and there wasn't even a timer on it. But, in a way, it's also what we like because there's not a lot of technologies built into it.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I had always wanted the Viking brand and when I shopped around, I figured it was in my price range. I took it and my interactions with Reno’s Appliances were very good. I like all of my range's features and the quality is very good. I'd tell others to get Viking as well.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I chose Viking for their reputation, the quality and the design but I didn’t have a time to go in to make the purchase so I did everything over the phone and it was great. I've had the Viking range for about a year and a half now and it's great. It was a little pricey but if it's something you really want and you believe that you're gonna use all the time, it's definitely a good investment. One of the springs on mine was a little faulty but I don't think it affected the quality. I just wish that the warranty was more user-friendly, in that they would contact you to update their warranty. I didn’t know that I wasn’t registered under warranty so after I had to get it serviced. That aside, I like the convection action. It circulates the heat and allows me to check on it.

Original review: June 7, 2018

We went with a Viking range because of its reputation. The cost was also okay for the label. We purchased it from Ferguson and the quality was good. Viking is a little more industrial or commercial, which is good. The output is great for the meat used for cooking. The overall construction is pretty sturdy, so I like that.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Since they will not service it even after being told that my wife is pregnant and it’s dangerous to operate a broken ceramic electric range top. May 22nd I pay 178 bucks to their agent Oceanic repairs to tell me how to fix the ceramic top of my electric oven which is broken. Now two weeks after repeated calls to their agent and Viking, no one even has told me when it will be fixed. Since it’s dangerous to operate a cracked ceramic oven top, we couldn’t even boil water for two weeks. And probably will have to sit a few more weeks before they will enlighten me when this ceramic top will be fixed. By then, I will be forced to buy another oven, of course never Viking again. Please don’t pay this kind of money for a brand which will take weeks to just tell you when your oven will be fixed.

Original review: June 6, 2018

We love our Viking range. Everything is perfect. The dealer, however, told me that we were going to have our Viking stove at a particular date. I called up and they said, “No. It's not here.” And then they said it would be on this date. When I called them up again it still was not there. So, there was a delay action and then when the individual said, “Oh, we don’t get shipments in on this particular day”, in reality, yes, they did.

Original review: June 5, 2018

My husband’s a contractor and Viking was his choice. He had clients that had put them in their homes multiple times and he, for whatever reason, liked them. I’m very happy with the Viking appliances but I wish I could keep the fingerprints off my refrigerator. And I had done without for so long, I’m just so happy with the stovetop I have. Also, I love having the six burners of the gas range.

However, there was a complete lack of follow up from our salesperson. It was worse than bad, if that’s possible. We had a horrible fire in October [Novato, CA brush fire, October 2017] and maybe my sales rep somewhat got evacuated for a week from his home. That’s a really bad thing but someone should’ve been there to take care of his clients while he was out. And we didn’t have any kind of customer service prior to that and even after that and there were delays. So I called his boss and they compensated us on something. I will never buy anything from Viking again. I love my appliances but I am sorry that was who I purchased them from.

Original review: June 4, 2018

My Viking Range is visually pleasing and the quality is generally good. It was in line with the Wolf Range that I previously had. My experience with the dealer was good too. They were knowledgeable and professional. I would recommend Viking Ranges to others and I'd tell them to go and get one.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I wanted a Viking range for decades, so every time I looked at commercial-type ranges, it was usually either Viking or Wolf. But, Viking has always been the commercial style range that I wanted, but I put it off for years and years because I wanted the double oven size with six burners. Then I realized that to get the one I wanted, it would involve remodeling half of my kitchen to make space for it. So, I finally decided that, instead of putting it off because of that, I'm just going to get the 30-inch one, so it would fit into the existing space. And so I did and I'm happy. I bought ours at Colder's, a furniture store, and I worked with someone who specializes in Viking ranges. It is an authorized dealer.

I've always had electric ranges my whole life. And one of the things that I haven't liked in the past about gas ranges is the gas oven. I'd prefer an electric oven and a gas stovetop. And now that they make dual-fuel ranges that are the perfect answer for me. Also, I just like the ruggedness of it. The hole that you put the pots on, they're like army tanks. They're big, heavy, iron grates that are just so well-built. And the whole thing is heavy-duty that can last a lifetime. I like the simplicity of it, too. The electric range that I replaced was all digital. It had all kinds of extra digital features that I never used. This one has mechanical knobs, and everything works perfectly.

However, the caveat is they're expensive. So, you really have to be dedicated to cooking. If they were cheaper, I would have bought two. You really have to want that kind of a range before you are willing to spend that much money. Other than that, from the performance and quality of the Viking, it is 5-star all the way. It would be my top recommendation for a commercial range.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I’ve been building high-class kitchens for years and Viking has some high-class products. I did whatever research and found that Viking is one of the top-lines. I felt very good about the quality until this oven that I bought about 18 months ago or so started making funky sounds and quit on me. When I called Viking to get some service, I put in my area code and I couldn’t get anybody on the phone for the longest time. I ultimately tracked down somebody by hitting some random extensions at Viking and then they finally got me the right person. So, calling the claim in was a bit of a less than optimal customer experience. But we got the oven serviced and it’s now working again. Although the blower that the repair guy put in, which is some kind of a cooling fan, is much louder than the original equipment fan.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I've been a homeowner for a lot of years and I've always seen and known about Viking Ranges. They're lovely, a dream come true and everybody wants one. We have an appliance store down the street and when we went down there to look for dishwashers, they were running a special where if we bought a range, we'd get a dishwasher for free. So, we just dove in, bit the bullet and got it. We've dealt with the fellow there several times and he's always been great with us. We've had to purchase items over the years and we always go back to him. He had a floor model of this particular range and he said that it was a great product, so that's what we went with. Everything was great and it worked out really well. Viking speaks for itself and you can't go wrong with it. It's a beautiful piece of appliance and I love it. It's a statement piece when you walk into the kitchen.

Original review: June 1, 2018

On April 14th 2018 my husband and I purchased a Viking Range from our local Aztec Appliance in Kearny Mesa. Curtis ** was our salesperson on this purchase and a friendly, professional person. We were hesitant to purchase such an expensive range, it was more than we hoped to spend and a bit extravagant for us. However, we opted to go with more inexpensive cupboards and countertops (Ikea), and a cheap floor (vinyl) and spend our money on something we felt we would have for, more than likely, the rest of our lives. Long story short, the only thing working in my brand new kitchen is my inexpensive cupboards, countertops and cheap floor.

We were in Aztec several times before making this purchase and expressed my concern to Curtis about purchasing such an expensive item. I wanted assurance on the return policy if something should go awry. My concern was, as explained to Curtis, that according to my contractor the range needed to be “at the ready” so there would be a smooth transition between countertops arriving and placement of the oven. When does this clock start ticking, I asked, time of purchase? I didn’t want my expensive range sitting in the garage while construction was still going on.

We were assured by Curtis not to worry, that clock starts on date of delivery and they (Aztec) would hold the range and delay delivery until countertops were in; that’s what we did. The delivery date was delayed 3 times waiting for Marjon Tile to finish their installation. The range was then delivered on the 14th and quickly installed after. We were anxious to use our new range, but were delayed while final painting touches on kitchen were completed.

At last, on Thursday, May 24th, after 40 days of no home cooking, after 40 days of eating out of boxes and bags I was going to fix dinner in my new oven. I took out the instruction book, washed the inside with soap and water (as instructed) and turned on the oven and heard the loudest most awful vibration noise coming from inside the oven. Alarmed and terrified, I quickly turned off the oven and read through the manual once again to see if I had missed something. Certain that I hadn’t, I quickly phoned Aztec, who in turn instructed me to call the Viking hotline; closed. I’m on the west coast and Viking/Middleby Corp. is evidently in another time zone; evidently the hotline isn’t so hot. That call was 5:24 P.M. PST, day #1 after finding the issue.

Day #2, May 25th, I contacted the Viking line again and spoke to Sylvia who assured me she’d send someone out to take a look. However, it wouldn’t be until next week, but they’d call me Monday (Memorial Day) to give me a time for “sometime on Tuesday”. Day #3, Still eating fast food. Day #4, Still eating fast food. Day #5 Still eating crap, but got a phone call and appointment for A.M.Tuesday.

Day #6, Sergio from Executive Appliance shows up bright and early; he was friendly and professional. He turned the oven on and off while trying to locate the source of this horrible noise. After several attempts and calling his “tech People” he grabbed the shelf that attaches to the oven in an attempt to look closer and the vibration seemed to quell. Sergio concluded that the noise must mean the shelf might have to be “screwed on to the new cupboard”, my brand new cupboard. That was my recommendation from Executive Appliance, trusted by and working for Viking/Middleby Products.

After Sergio left I again attempted to clean my range as per instructions. The racket returned. However, believing it was merely the shelf vibrating and nothing more, according to Executive Appliance called to my home from Viking/Middleby, I continued with the cleaning process. I washed the inside and turned the oven on to 400 degrees, per instructions, and sat for an hour listening to that awful racket which filled the entire house. Meanwhile I phoned both Viking/Middleby and Aztec back to complain about the entire experience; I also procured a second appointment from Executive for the next day.

Day #7 Joe from Executive Appliance shows up bright and early, also very friendly and professional. However, after looking over the entire oven and manipulating the shelf, Joe concluded that the “cooling fan is defective” and he can “order the part” for me and repair the oven”. Now I’m thinking about yesterday, sitting in my kitchen with an unfamiliar oven that I had firing for an hour at 400 degrees with a defective cooling fan. Now I’m really unhappy. It’s beginning to sink in that I just purchased a $10,000 defective Viking range from Aztec. Quickly I phone Aztec and Viking/Middleby to report the Executive Appliance diagnosis, and to my horror, Monica from Viking/Middleby tells us they won’t replace their defective oven they will only repair it. Repair? I know this word, it means something is broken. Dealing with Monica was useless and she’s snotty besides.

I call my husband at work who attempts to reason with Monica himself; futile. When my husband called me back to tell me Viking/Middleby refuses to replace, I actually thought I was having a stroke. I began to sweat, my face was tingling and my lips were numb. I quickly phoned Aztec to speak to Curtis; gone home for the day. I was then put in touch with Melissa, and while sobbing and hyperventilating I went through my story. Melissa promised to look into it and call me in the morning, but I wasn’t through trying to resolve this myself. I phoned back Viking/Middleby and requested to speak with a manager, after all Monica could scarcely be expected to make such an important decision, so I asked to speak to a manager and was given Carol **’s name; I left a detailed message on her VM.

Day #8 Carol ** calls me shortly after 9:00 A.M., and after explaining my situation Carol’s response was that Viking/Middleby will only repair the range so it “will work properly again”. I had to explain to Carol again and again that it cannot be repaired to work “again” when it never worked; the range never worked. She finally agreed to take the matter further up the chain and call me back, which she did at 11:00 A.M. Carol reiterated that Viking/Middleby had no intention of giving us a new, operating unit, which I trusted I would get after paying $10,000, but would only repair it. When I protested about receiving $10,000 dollars worth of damaged merchandise, Carol responded by comparing my purchase to the BMW her husband just bought her that came with a broken window.

I was absolutely flabbergasted at this comparison. I want to explain something. I got the money for this kitchen from my mother after her death and sale of our family home. My husband and I decided to buy 2 things, a kitchen remodel and a new car for me. A new car because the one I had been driving I bought in June 1992, a Toyota Paseo. It had no air conditioning, no power steering or electric windows and for the last 6 years no radio either. I stuck it out because money was an issue. We just don’t have money to spend like that.

As I already explained, we bypassed upgraded cupboards, counters and a tile floor so that most of that leftover money could go to a real fancy upgraded cooker. Look what I got. Carol’s statement went right to the heart. A BMW; boo hoo. I’ve never even taken a ride in one. I cannot believe she had the temerity to tell me her sob story about a broken window on her new BMW. It only solidifies my belief that there is no possible way that Carol could understand what $10,000 dollars is to people like us; how could she utter such a thing? And after I explained the circumstances with that money. She’s positively ridiculous, and I told her so.

I want a new operating range, that’s what I what I paid $10,000 for, not a broken appliance to be repaired. The other aggravation was that Carol and Viking/Middleby are trying to pitch this as if it’s no big deal, as if repairing doesn’t mean it’s broken. May I suggest if it is no big deal, then take this one back and give me one that doesn’t need repairing. Then You, Aztec or Viking/Middleby, can repair this one and have it; then we’d both be happy. That is if you truly don’t mind having a range that needs repairing; I certainly do. I am now licking the remnants of Nutella nut spread snack off my fingers and dreaming of a home cooked dinner. We’ve now gone 47 days eating junk with no end in sight.

Who is going to help me? Aztec? They have a 14 day return policy that assured me started the day of delivery. ‘Full return if you aren’t satisfied’ and the website says so. Look at it. They delivered on May 14, 2018, my husband believes it was the 17th, and I told them I wasn’t satisfied May 24, 2018. I am not satisfied with a non operating oven, no one in their right mind spending $10,000 would be. I should think that the both of them, Aztec and Viking/Middleby, would be embarrassed by this situation.

Original review: June 1, 2018

We have had Viking Ranges before. We like their styling, design and the functionality of everything. The quality of the product is great too, and everything seems to be well made. The representative who assisted me was Paul at Best Buy and my experience there was fine.

Viking expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Viking was founded in 1987 when it became the first major manufacturer to offer professional-grade appliances for home users. Its first appliances went into production in 1990 at its (then) newly opened headquarters in Greenwood, Missisippi, where the company remains to this day.

• Industrial heritage: Viking's focus on professional-grade standards provides users with high-quality appliances that offer powerful features for cooking large meals, either at home or in a business.

• Rangetops: Viking offers one of the most extensive product lines for range tops and cooktops.

• Stainless steel: Viking is almost exclusively dedicated to stainless steel construction, giving consumers who prefer that aesthetic appeal a wide range of choices for finding different fits and finishes.

• Double units: Viking has the largest number of options for users seeking double ovens and double cook tops.

• Authorized dealers: Users who buy from authorized local dealers enjoy extensive and convenient warranty and technical support.

• Best for: Users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs