toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Viking is considered a high-quality range and we got it for its looks and reputation. We purchased one for our apartment in Florida. I would rather have a gas range but our condominium has a requirement for only electric. I am not a big electric fan but it seems to work fine. The dealer did a good job.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've always been a Viking fan. I've had the Viking Range for many years. The dealer got it installed and then one of the igniters was an issue - the small didn't light all the way. So you'd get a bad gas smell coming out of there but they got it fixed. I like the quality of the Viking Range, the BTUs being my favorite.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Viking range fits nicely in my kitchen. The convection oven is my favorite. Moreover, the reps at my Viking dealer were great. The only problem I have with the range is one of the knobs is a little scratchy to rotate.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Viking's range is a great product for the price. Its quality is beautiful. I also like the look of it. Its six burners have been my favorite since I get a true heat and I do a lot of cooking.

The Viking Range makes me feel like a Master Chef... In 30 years and many gas ranges, this is the best range we have ever had. We had a minor service problem with our grill and gas broiler which was immediately taken care of without charge. The service department was by far the best I've dealt with in my experiences with other companies. We are going to be moving soon and I will get another Viking - The Best Gas Range Ever!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Viking Ranges

Thank you for your review. We will have a customer care rep contact you shortly to get your information and see how we can assist.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

The door does not shut properly and the racks inside are not easily moved in and out of the oven. The racks just scrape the lips they sit on. For the oven to keep the consistent temperature the oven constantly audibly relights when baking. I wish I had bought a Thermador.

Viking Ranges

Viking is sorry to hear that you are having issues with your range. We will have a customer care rep contact you shortly to get your information and see how we can assist with getting your unit repaired.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I purchased the 3 Series Freestanding 30" Gas Range from Guler Appliances in Rockford, IL. Very shortly after beginning to use the stove the problems with it became very apparent. The fan began making grinding noises shortly after the oven reached temp and continued through the entire cool down process after the oven was turned off. The oven does not hold temperature and is regularly at least 60 degrees off, and after it preheats the heat continues to decrease. This makes it pretty hard to bake multiple batches of anything. The first batch overcooks and the second batch barely cooks. It's ridiculous.

The convection oven does not cook evenly. The batch on the left side of the oven overcooks and the batch on the right side undercooks. The purpose of a convection is even cooking. When on any baking setting the bottom of the pan overcooks whatever is on there (cookies, scones, etc.) even when moved to the top rack. The burner knob on one of the burners is almost too tight to turn. It does not turn smoothly. The original repairmen came out and told me this was beyond them. Now Viking is taking their sweet time seeing if they can remedy the problem starting with a new motherboard. Great way to spend $4,500!

Placed an order for Model RVGR33015BSS from Us Appliance. It was shipped by one carrier and brought to Denver. The order was then moved to another carrier for the trip to Trinidad Colorado. I went to the carrier and picked up the oven (we live in a rural area). Upon inspection of the box for visible damages I found none. I did not open the box. The box was unloaded at my house by me, and we took the oven inside... we noticed the door was open on the oven but when we got into the house we found that the brackets that held the outer door to the inner door were broken and the outer door was hanging by some screws.

I notified US Appliance with pictures. They came back and told me that I had damaged the oven and it was my problem. I contacted Viking and my customer rep told me there was not much she could do. I was told because I picked up the stove at the shipper's; it was my responsibility. There was no other damage to the stove. One small dent on the bottom of the front kick plate that was not visible. My wife and I decided to go forth and repair the oven ourselves. I had a local welding shop, reweld the brackets on the front door panel, we purchased a new piece of glass and reinstalled the door ourselves. FYI the spot welds that held the brackets on were at best way too small and the welds did not penetrate into the parent metal.

I also noticed the oven would not light, so I took the cover plate off and inspected the spark for the oven part found the cover plate was installed incorrectly and the spark was grounding on the frame. I took the cover plate to my shop and increased the size of the hole by 1/2" and repaired the spark boot and it is working better. However I did notice the oven will not light from the convection bake position. I have to start the oven in bake and after it gets hot move it to convection (I think the fan caused a draft).

I'm disappointed in US alliance and will not do business with them in the future. We love our rebuilt stove. Serial number 111715C10200028. I'm giving it two stars because I think the stove may have been damaged at the factory, and the stove could have been packaged better. It was placed on a pallet with flimsy straps. It is possible that the unit was damaged by a shipper but there are no marks on the box indicating a fork from a forklift got into the wrong place.

Viking creates a great product that is sturdy and outperforms other high-end ranges. After buying a Thermador Range that underperformed at every turn and which seemed to be made out of low-quality steel which caught on fire due to a door switch issue, we decided to buy a Viking dual fuel range. What a wonderful experience we have had not just with the product but also with the customer service, which was sorely lacking with Thermador. Thanks for making a superb product!

Viking Ranges

Thank you fro sharing your Viking experience. We are so happy to hear about your great service with our serivcers and customer care department.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

Indicator light would not work and burner coil was loose. Mr. Appliance was sent to repair the range and did a wonderful job. Viking representatives helped with the warranty and also were very professional. The product service lived up to the quality product name.

Viking Ranges

Thank you for sharing your Viking experience. We are so happy that your Viking range is everything you were looking for.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2017

Viking ranges and service is excellent! I have a 10 year old 60" that works perfectly and I perform all my own maintenance. Viking support and technical support has always been excellent! I have 20 years experience and can tell you these are the best! Read the complaints and you will see that many of these are user or installation error & no fault of the product. We love our Viking!

Viking Ranges

We appreciate your comments and are extremely excited to hear about your great Viking Experience.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

I needed a new oven after 31 years. I started doing research and going to different places. I had certain requirements like I've got animals and I wanted induction. I also wanted front knobs and dials. I didn't want all the push button stuff. I also needed a free-standing unit. Through my process of elimination, I was deciding between a KitchenAid and a Viking because there's no Miele here in east of London. The KitchenAid didn't work because I didn't like the way the controls were positioned on the surface of the unit. Then I was at the appliance shop and I started looking around at the different models. I saw the Thermador then I found that they only do gas.

Then I looked at the Viking and it looked like a beautiful piece of equipment. I loved the fact that it's 100% stainless on the side. It's not piecemealed with a black metal and just a front view of stainless. I love the front dials. They're very professionally done. I like the flat surface and the design of it. They've got squares and circles inside not these curves and arrows that go all across like a contemporary artwork piece. Moreover, it's an exceptional oven and has a great induction. I love it. It cooks well and faster. It also heats up my water wonderfully because I'm doing a pitcher of tea every two days. I don't have to wait six minutes anymore to boil my five cups of water.

I also like that as soon as I open the door, the light goes on. I don't have to sit there and press the light then open the door kind of thing. I like the fact that it's got three trays, two slide and one regular. I like the slide trays. I've only used my oven about a dozen times and so far, so good. However, there's no timer and when I pointed it out to them they said it's because it's a Brigade Professional. But it's not a major deal because I have a little timer right by the stove. So that's my unit and it's the best range.

I bought it at the appliance shop and dealt with one of the owners. He was very professional. I tend to do more research than the average customer and therefore I tend to have more questions. I try and dot my Is and cross my Ts and he took the time with me. I wouldn't hesitate to go back when I need a second appliance. This range is very expensive and I can't afford to make a mistake on an appliance because it's not something that I can take back and say it's not working and I need to get another one. I have a good warranty from Brigade for three years. I also bought the maximum extended warranty of three years so I'm hoping I never have to call on a warranty issue. I'm hoping this thing lasts me 20 years. But the fact that the warranty is three years and not a year has to say something, too, because everything else has a warranty for one or two years. And I know Viking was going down to two but I'm glad I got the three.

Viking Ranges

Thank you for your review. We have forwarded you information to our European department for review.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

Viking stove experience EVGIC365-6B SS - We have bought this stove back in 2006 in Europe. It is by far the best cooking device available on the market today. Only one extremely negative downside: We have had to replace the spark modules almost every year on average. This was the 10th time. It seems to be a design fault. You may expect that they last longer. The spark models are located fairly close to the rear burners of the stove and are only lightly protected by an thin sheet of aluminum cover. The way the blue plastic spark modules look after being replaced, it seems that the on-board electronics are cooked to the extreme as well. What's your opinion on that re Viking guys?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We couldn't get anybody to wait on us in the Vikings dealer close to where we live, so we went elsewhere. It's nothing against Viking, because this is a place we've been buying appliances for 30 years, and normally, when you would go in there, they would always greet you and ask you what you wanted help with. However, in this particular time we went in, we just got ignored. So we ended up buying at the closest dealer listed on the Vikings website that we felt had really good customer service and it was indeed really good. I'm satisfied with the quality of the range and I like its usability particularly the fact that my wife can use the oven and all four burners at the same time. It's been a joy to cook on.

Viking Ranges

Viking is truly sorry to hear that you have been having issues with your oven. We will have a customer care rep contact you shortly to get all the information on this unit and see how we can best assist you.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

We bought our Viking oven to replace an electric GE Profile oven. Within 5 minutes I wanted my GE oven back. The oven has not worked since we had it installed. After installation, we contacted the company and explained that the oven would not light. The oven igniter clicks over and over again, but does not ignite. The warranty technician said that we had a bad ignitor bar and replaced it. However, this only fixed the problem temporarily. After several months the oven had the problem again.

Over the five year warranty, we had technician after technician come out, but the problem never seems to go away for more than a few months. The front burner also hums when it is on low, and the warranty technician said there was nothing they could do about it. When the problem happened again this summer, the warranty had expired and so far we have paid over $750 for people to come out and try to fix the problem. The last technician said that he would call Viking tech support and call us back, but he never called back. I am very discouraged. We spent a lot of money on this range that has never worked right. Now I am probably just going to throw it away and go back to a GE.

Viking Ranges

Viking is so happy to hear that you are enjoying your range. We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with getting the noise fixed on your vent hood. We will have a customer care rep contact you shortly to see how we can best assist.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

My husband used to own a countertop business and we were familiar with Viking Ranges and we knew it a little bit better than their competitors. The range is great. The only issue I have is with the Vent Hood. When it's on high, it squeals and it sounds horrible. We’ve had people come out and work on it several times and they can’t get it right. They blame it on Viking and so they’re supposed to come back out and do some other stuff to it and they just haven’t followed back up with it. But, I enjoy the flat grill on my range and all the burners that I have. I also like that it heats up fast.

Viking Ranges

When the oven is heating it does pull the moisture out of the oven and vents it out the back. If there is enough moisture it can show up on your backguard. If you start your overhead vent before you start your oven this will help elevate the moisture on the backguard.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

We purchased a 30" Viking range. It is all gas. We have experienced extremely hot wall tile directly above grate that lines the back edge of range when gas oven is on. Water droplets run down the tile for first few minutes of preheating. I am worried to use the oven since tiles at back get very hot. I rarely use oven and we spent so much money to purchase Viking. Also there was a recall on a oven part and we had Viking service is already 3 times. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a whole set of Viking Ranges for my new home and I've been really happy with the appliances. I got a range, a hood, a fridge, a dishwasher and a mixer. Their quality has been spectacular and the installation went great. However, recently I had some issues with my dishwasher. I called them about it but they've done nothing to help. I've spoken to three different representatives. The first one told me to go on and make sure all my products were registered and then call back the next day. When I called the next day, the lady said she'll get it set up for me. She gave me a repair number and the name of the company to call. I called the service company and they said that I'm outside of their service area and they won't do the work regardless of whether I'll pay for it or not.

I called back Viking and the next lady worked to try to find somebody else who could fix it for me. She looked it up and said I'm out of warranty and I'm out of luck. I told her I knew that I was two months out of my warranty and that I should've reported the problem a little bit faster. But I told her I have no problem paying to have a service provider come out and fix it. I was also willing to pay for the parts and I was not looking for them to pay for any of it. I was just looking for assistance to find an authorized service provider that can do the work for me so the dishwasher can get back up and working.

I'm so frustrated about my Viking appliances that I've really enjoyed and which have worked better than I anticipated. It's rough for me right now because I can't find anybody who is willing to work on them. And the company doesn't seem to care about whether or not I can fix the whole top of the dishwasher that doesn't work. Also, I have a matching set for the kitchen and replacing the whole thing seems ridiculous.

Viking double oven ved0207css - I am writing this review in search of a remedy. In hopes to be able to amend my experience to 5 stars! Residential estate has all Viking Professional appliances down to four fridges, range, oven etc. All other appliances work fantastic! This leads me to a double oven that has been causing some issues. The lower oven will not heat up. The fan will command on when it is turned on but will not do anything else. Not sure where to start. Please help Viking. I can explain in more depth if needed. Thank you in advance for your Time. Let's make it 5 stars soon.

Viking Ranges

Viking is truly sorry to hear that you are having issues with your new unit. We will have a customer care representative contact you shortly to get your information and to see how we can assist.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

We moved into a brand new home about four weeks ago and I think I was most excited about the Viking range. We'd worked really hard for this house and I'd always viewed Viking as top drawer. What a disappointment it's been. Since the day we moved in, it hasn't worked and multiple visits by Viking repair people still haven't helped. We're about a hot minute from replacing it. The salesperson at our Best Buy who we've come to trust tells us that Thermador is a much better buy. So the morale to the story is buyer beware: go with quality even when it might not have the name quotient.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I read about Viking Ranges and compared it with Sub-Zero and Wolf range. Then a friend of mine who had Viking boasted about his range so I decided to try it. However, the delivery team bumped the range on one of my walls and one of its knobs broke off. I called the company to replace it and it took them forever to find the part. The authorized repair centers also took forever to place the order for a particular part. Other than that, the range has been performing as expected.

Viking Ranges

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your unit. We will have a customer care rep contact you shortly to get your information and see how we can best assist.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

If my Viking professional gas range were a car the lemon designation would apply. My dealer stopped handling Viking because of repair needs records. Mine has had three new oven elements, four new switches. Mine has 6 top burners and a griddle. Don't ever buy a griddle. Impossible to keep clean when used. It rusts!!! This oven is a lemon first class.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked the look of the stove and the reputation that Viking Ranges had. I didn't so much like the price but you get what you pay for nowadays. The range is great and heavy duty. It's worth every penny I paid for it. It's a quality appliance and I'd buy it again in a heartbeat if I had a choice. And I'm so far very happy with it. I hope that I don't run into any kind of issues. I've had a Thermador before and had nothing but problems with it. I've also had a Wolf which was a good range but Viking is just as good and a little less expensive.

Viking Ranges

Thank you for your review. We will have a customer care representative contact you shortly to see how we can assist with resolving this issue.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

Viking Range Hood - We went with Viking and paid extra for the hood thinking we would get exactly what we wanted and good customer service. On delivery we were sent the wrong size chimney to fit the range. This was in April of 2016. The part was ordered and did not arrive until October 2016. When we finally received the part it had a scratch down the front of it which means it had to be reorder again. I have contacted customer service 2 times and cannot get an explanation to why it takes so long to get the correct part sent to us. This is a mistake that they made in the first place. We now have been told we may get it by the end of January 2017. Our kitchen backsplash has been hold for 8 months because of this issue. I would never buy from Viking again.

Viking Ranges

Thank you for sharing your Viking experience. We are so glad to hear how much you are enjoying your new range.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

My experience with Viking has always been good. When I rebuilt a house ten years ago, I filled it with Viking stuff. My kitchen was 40 feet long, so it was cramped full of everything Viking made. And then I built another house down here in Palm Springs and filled it with Viking stuff too. The representatives at the Viking dealer were the best. I've never seen any appliance company operate like they do. My Viking range's quality is top notch. I like the different things I can do with it - bake, bake convection, convection. I also like the ease where I can control the flames on the stove top. It's a new generation and the flame goes way down now. In the past, it wasn't as adjustable but it's really good now.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We live far out so it was hard to find a Viking dealer. The closest to us was three hours away. But the dealer we had was very accommodating. He gave us all the information we needed. We bought a stove and it was challenging to setup because we did it ourselves. Getting the gas connected in the back was difficult. It was in a hard to reach location so unless one has the right tools, it was hard to do from a layman's perspective. We finally called somebody in to do it for us.

My husband said that the grills over the burners are big. You have to balance a small pan on it but it has worked. I've done it and it seems sturdy. The stove works well and I like that it's just a basic range. It holds the heat for me which, my other stove gave up on. It doesn't have all the computer parts, which is what our other stove gave us issues with. The motherboard in the other gas range we had went out three times and it was very frustrating.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm really into cooking and I've heard about Viking Ranges a long time ago. When we were looking to purchase a home, it all had Viking appliances, which is what sold the house. I have a fridge, range, wine fridge, microwave, and dishwasher. Everyone at the Viking dealership was super nice, helpful, and explained the different models. Unfortunately, I have electric where I'm at, so there weren't too many things to pick from on that side of things. So we went with the D3 and it's been great. The only thing that stinks is my wine fridge went out and I've been trying to get it fixed.

The quality of the range from Viking is awesome. I like the ability to control the heat range. So, I can go up to three rings, and to get a pot of water boiling fast, I put it on all three. I also like that I have a couple of different convection settings. I've never cooked with convection before and it's really awesome that I have the ability to do that. If a person has the money to do it, it's definitely worth doing because it's a great feature that they have and offers.

Viking Ranges

Viking is truly sorry to hear that you are having issues getting service out once we got the parts shipped out. We will have your customer care representative contact you shortly to see how we can assist with getting you taken care of as soon as possible.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

Being empty nesters, and retired we rarely use your oven, except for when company comes. So even though it was past the warranty, plus we had a problem at the beginning with the settings of the range, we believe this range is a lemon. They say because we didn't have complaints earlier, it's not. Customer service was horrible! Our oven stopped working during roasting our prime ribs, we had to ask neighbors to finish the prime rib and barbecue the other one; the hot dishes that were going to go into the oven after the prime rib was done had to go to other neighbor's house.

We would call customer service and ask them to return our call, but they never did. So we had to call over and over again. That meal was at Thanksgiving time and we still don't have it repaired yet, and they called saying the part hasn't come in so they're canceling tomorrow's appointment! Right during the holiday season when we like to do a lot of Christmas baking! So it's ruining our Thanksgiving and Christmas! Thanks a lot Viking! Learn from us, and our experience: never buy a Viking!

Viking Ranges

Thank you for sharing your Viking experience, we are so glad to hear you love your range

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

I'm very happy with Viking Range. I bought it from a wholesaler and the experience with them was positive. The range is beautiful. Aside from its aesthetic, its functionality is my favorite too, being able to boil water in two minutes. It's everything that I was hoping for and I'm very pleased with it.

Viking Ranges

Thank you for your review. We are truly sorry to hear of the issue you are having and gladly support any warranty repairs to our units. If you look at the below except from the use and care manual you will see that we recommend against using ammonia based cleaners as it will cause damage to the unit.

Except from Owners Manual under Cleaning and Maintenance:

NEVER USE AMMONIA, STEEL WOOL PADS OR ABRASIVE CLOTHS, CLEANSERS, OVEN CLEANERS, OR ABRASIVE
POWDERS. THEY CAN PERMANENTLY DAMAGE YOUR OVEN.

Control Knobs

For these areas containing graphics, it is

recommended to only use hot, soapy water for cleaning. Do not use steel wool, abrasive cloths, cleansers, or powders.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

Viking oven would probably be great if I could read the temperature or oven settings, but they wiped off years ago. After only two years, the black printed numbers and letters for the control setting wiped off. Never used any harsh chemicals. We only used window cleaner to clean it. No we have a very expensive oven that really can't be used because you don't know the temperature it is set on. I called Viking and they would only sell me another panel that would do the same thing. IMO this is not something that should happen within the lifetime of the unit!! If I were the manufacturer of a high end product like this, and this happen I would offer to make it right!! This could be a simple and inexpensive fix, but the refuse. I would rather have a oven from a old mobile home than this!! I don't even think Viking will even contact me about this to make it right. Save your money and go to a yard sale and get a G/E instead of Viking.

Viking Ranges Company Profile