3.59/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Recognized for their exceptional products, Viking provides free standing ranges, range tops, ovens, refrigeration of all kinds, and much more. They have re-engineered their products and they are better than ever. You can now own these products that were previously available only in commercial kitchens. Since partnering with The Middleby Corporation over two years ago, they’ve shifted their culture to ensure their products, quality, and service are the best out there. With numerous products to choose from, you’ll find exactly what you’ve been looking for.

Viking Gallery (6)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 15, 2017

869 Viking Ranges Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I went into Ferguson looking for a 36-inch wide range that was a Wolf but they had that Viking Range model in there and they were trying to clear it out. The director of appliances of the whole chain was the one there and he went over everything. He explained the differences between the Wolf and the Viking then I called my wife who called the builder. It’s wider than what we planned out for the unit, but the builder said that if we wanted to do it, they would make it work. My wife came right over to look at it. She liked it and we ended up buying it on the spot right there. Then we had to buy the hood and the motor. It was a very good experience but we called in several months ago and they were supposed to send us the thermometer but we haven’t received it. Outside of that, it’s been a very good unit. We had the opportunity to use the Viking in summer and thoroughly enjoyed it. It works great for us.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

My wife likes cooking so we wanted to buy a professional-level range. We got one from Viking Range and it has an oven and convection and it heated up very fast to the temperature that I set up when broiling. But when I tried to do baking and set up the temperature to 300 it never heated up to 300. I thought there were some ignition issues so I tried for a couple of times and sometimes it worked but sometimes it didn’t. I planned on trying more times to see exactly what the issues were.

I also called them before to tell them what the issues were and they said they couldn’t help unless I register my product so I did. And when I called them back I waited for around five minutes but they were busy and I couldn’t get an answer so I just hung up and stopped trying. The call didn’t go to voicemail as well but they were nice during the conversation with them. Overall, it was good. My wife cooks all the time using it and I notice that the power is really strong. We have six burners and the heat is very consistent and in general I like it a lot.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I grew up in restaurants and I'd see Viking Ranges there so the name stuck. But the quality of the ovens is what won me over. But it’s kind of weird that the range I purchased has got these jacks for the cable to plug into the oven but nobody knows anything about it. I’ve talked to the regional rep, to Viking and to our local company who services them. It's a cable that comes with the oven that I didn’t get and it’s about using a third-party thermometer with it, but the third party, iGrill, also can’t tell me anything about it. In the manual, I have a picture of the thermometer plugged in with that cable, but when I called Viking and told them to go to this page of the manual, they have a different manual than I do, so it’s like this big mystery. However, that’s not a huge ordeal as I can still use the thermometer and plug it straight into the meat, run the cable through the door and close it on the cable.

I’ve kind of given up at this point but it doesn’t really affect my outlook in terms of Viking's quality and how well other ranges are working. I like that my Viking range elevated burners are industrial, so they’re easy but also difficult to clean. The grates are really heavy and you have to pull this thing apart to clean it, which makes cleaning the cooktop of the oven a 45-minute project. But once you invest that time, it’s pretty easy and it cleans up really nicely.

In general, the Viking team has been good. The only other involvement I’ve had with them was when we first got the oven set up, a couple of the burners weren’t lighting up all the way. It was like three-quarters of the flame would come around, and then there would always be like a quarter of it or so, and I couldn’t figure out what was going on. The range was all brand new and under warranty, and they immediately referred me to the local repair shop. They were able to come out and they showed me that I had to make sure that the burners were seated the right way, and then everything worked fine. They also found that there were a couple of screws missing in the door that they repaired when they were out here. I know that these things happen and it didn’t really affect anything in terms of the performance of the oven, but there's room for improvement. Regardless of the kind of tribulations that I went through, I’d still recommend Viking Ranges.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Use of 48 inch range - The Cobalt blue range is beautiful. The burners and oven works very well. Two flaws (1) the large oven has three racks with only one that completely pulls out making it difficult to clean the back of the other two. Cooking a large turkey looks to be a problem. (2) The all gas range does not have a self cleaning option. We smell gas for a few minutes when the oven is turned on.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I have had my Dual Fuel Viking Range for almost 16 years. I love it. My only complaint is that the self clean function on the large side has never worked. I had it worked on several times in the beginning. If I had it to do over I would have forced the guy to make it right but we built our home and I had a million things to address. The self clean function of my range missed my radar screen. I tried it again the other day and shockingly, STILL doesn't work. :) But now I hear constant ticking. Any suggestions? I would love to stop the clicking and I wish someone had a suggestion for making this feature work. Thanks!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I purchased my free standing 30" Viking range early 2017. We purchased the range from Abt Electronics. The range was delivered with a broken knob. We replaced the range. The new range that they sent, has a loose screw in the fan, that would make loud noise when the fan was turned on. We contacted authorized service station Jags Electronics. They came and fixed the screw. The fan continued to make noise. They now say that the convection fan needs to be replaced. It is an expensive range, and we were expecting better quality of the range. Very disappointed with the purchase. I am not sure if the issue is with Abt Electronics - they sell defective pieces, Viking quality, Jags Electronics - that they are not able to fix the problem at one time. Very frustrated. Would not recommend the range.

Viking Ranges response

Viking is truly sorry to hear of the issues you are having. We will have a Customer Care Advocate contact you shortly to see how we can assist.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

We special ordered our Viking range in white on May 13, 2017 and were told it would be 6-8 weeks for delivery. Our range was delivered August 5th with no explanation of the delay. When our range was removed from its pallet and packing material removed, we discovered the door and lower cover panel were both dented. Our selling dealer quickly noted the damage, but installed the range with the promise to have both pieces replaced. It is now November 10th and we are finally scheduled to have the damaged pieces replaced on 11/18. We are patient people, but the delay in the original delivery date and the long wait for replacement parts seems unreasonable. No reason was ever given for either delay and that makes our experience with Viking only satisfactory.

We were fortunate that the operation of our range was not compromised and have been using it since delivery in August. It performs flawlessly and does meet our cooking needs. However, the center burner doesn't seem to work correctly (it never goes to high) but we are hopeful that when the service tech comes to replace the dented pieces, he/she can make a simple adjustment. My husband and I do wish that there was direct communication from Viking beginning at the original order date. To date, we have never heard directly from Viking until this. Knowing the status of our order would have been much appreciated, given the substantial cost of our Viking.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

The grill was already there when I bought the house and I like my Viking grill. I had it repaired recently.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I liked the quality of the Viking Range that I have observed at a family member’s house. I spent about two hours in the store and we finally landed on a product that I liked. However, I was really dissatisfied when the installer came to put the Viking Range in. They charged me $200 for the install, which I don’t remember having that conversation with my salesperson. I paid $50 to have them install the dishwasher so I thought I had paid for all of my installation fees already when I purchased the equipment.

I paid them the $200 because my beef was not with them. My beef was with Famous Tate, who sold this stuff. I then brought my concerns to them. After some back and forth, and then realizing that I was not going to accept their answer, they finally gave me a credit of $200 on the purchase, which completely satisfied me. We also have a slight issue with our oven, where the door does not always close or shut off the lights. It is not pressing that little button that turns the light on and off. I have reminded my wife to call Famous Tate about it.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

We love our Viking stove and all the different temperatures of the cook top for the gas. Everyone I know who has a Viking has been very happy and it was something I always wanted. It's been very nice dealing with their team too.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I went to Best Buy and bought a Viking range because I like the style and the large size burner. There was a big one in the middle which was exactly what I needed. But I'm not having a good experience because I would have liked to have a product that is working, not a product that comes to our house damaged. I couldn't use the range after the installation because I was remodeling my house and then a few days after I finally turned it on a person from the gas company helped me because the burners were not working. It's been six months now that I've been trying to solve this problem.

I went back to Best Buy and talked to the manager and the second manager. They said they're going to contact the service center but two months ago I was so disappointed and upset. I told them if they don't solve the problem or give me the solution I would return the item. After that they put me in contact of the service company. They said they would call me in three days and I waited. But then I had to travel for one and a half month and even until I came back they have never called me. I called again last week and they finally set up an appointment to solve the problem. So I'm waiting and I'm hoping that I don't have any more problem with the other Viking items. I am really disappointed I decided to buy. I knew somebody who had the product and had a problem with the service and I didn't listen so I am now having a problem.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

We moved into a new house and we got an upgraded stove from the builder’s stove and it was falling apart. The knobs were falling off and one couldn’t control the height of the flame so that got me looking for another stove. My wife’s sister purchased a Viking Range a couple of months ago and I also decided to buy one. We had some problems about purchasing in the beginning but it all worked out. My wife loves our 36-inch Viking Range. I feel good that it’s in the house and it gives some class to the kitchen. I would recommend Viking Ranges.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I’m from Mississippi and Viking is a local company. I chose it ‘cause I could get the full suite in the same brand, the fridge, range, dishwasher, and door microwave. The appliances are well-built and the appearance is good. The fridge, dishwasher and microwave have been okay, but I’ve had a few issues with the stove. There’s something on it that's supposed to be wiped off when installed and that wasn’t done, so the front of the stove rusted between the opening of the oven and the top of the range where the control knobs are at. Also, the igniter gave a little issue one time and my oven quit in the middle of cooking a strawberry cake.

I was without an oven for over a week before they came to fix it and my other complaint is the response time on getting the warranty repairs completed, but some of that is not in Viking’s control. It’s the repair facility picking it up. The appliance repair company came and cleaned the thermal cut on the system. If it quits again, the igniter would need to be replaced. There were a few minor issues, but I’m pleased and satisfied overall.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

My wife grew up with Viking ‘cause she knew the brand and they were very helpful. We ordered a lower model but then I had it switched to a higher-end model and they made the transition easy. Delivery was good as well although there was a scratch on the kick panel. But we ordered the piece and it came in right away. On the other hand, when I had my microwave fixed, the parts took a while to come in but the technician did give me a loaner.

My contractor installed the range but then it stopped working all of a sudden after I've had it for two years. I had to call it in 'cause I thought it was the range that had a problem but when the Viking-certified technician came, he said it wasn't connected properly. The screws behind the stove and the socket were loose and it corroded over time. Aside from that, it is also easier to clean versus other stove tops. The style is different and I like the color as well. Even with the issues, they were easy to deal with and I'm totally satisfied.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I've had my Viking Range for two years now and I'm having something repaired. It's not working well and the range is all rusted on the inside and out including the top but their customer service was very helpful and nice.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

My Viking range was delivered Wednesday 10/18/17. The burners have worked fine from the start but the oven didn't seem to be ok. When I was baking and if I opened the oven door, my eyes were literally burning! This happened for a couple days and I just thought it was due to it being new. The last time I baked was on Saturday 10/21/17 so today I set the oven to 350 degrees in preparation for dinner. I went to put my food in the oven and it was COLD! The igniter was clicking but the oven will not heat up. I am extremely disappointed and after spending $5000.00 on an oven am very frustrated. My GE Cafe range was way better than this Viking.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I am a builder in the Vail/Beaver Creek area in Colorado. One of the most expensive real estate markets in the country. Over the years I've used many Viking products. In June my Viking oven's electrical control panel failed. The service rep contacted Viking and was told what part to order which turned out to be a metal cover, not the electrical panel. The electrical panel had to be special ordered and cost over $1200. When it arrived it didn't work and the rep was told to order another. We have had no oven for over 4 months. When I talked to the kitchen design company where we purchased $ millions of appliances and cabinets they told us they no longer carry Viking because of poor service and reliability.

Viking Ranges response

Thank you for your review. Viking is truly sorry to hear of the issues you are having. We will have a customer care advocate contact you shortly to assist.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I like the way Viking Ranges look. It started off shaky but it ended up being pretty good so far. I like that the oven rack is on a roller-type arm so they cool right out. However, I probably would not buy another one because of the way the heating element is, the preheat. It's not broiling and I'm old school. I like to put my stuff in there and let it start cooking but it can't so it ruins everything. That's not strictly just Viking because I heard that a lot of them are the same and aren’t using just the broiler so that's pretty sucky. We bought the range through a builder and we dealt with the warranty rep. I don’t know if they can fix that preheat thing but it’s some government thing that the broiler has to come on and then it cuts off when the oven is at the temperature it's supposed to be.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I love to cook and I've always loved and wanted a Viking range for many years. We finally decided to get a range and I'm very happy with it. Our Viking range is something I've wanted for many years and it is fantastic. I love that I have six burners, that I have the option of convection and that it's gas, since I've always had electric. The team at the Viking dealer was wonderful and great but I was not impressed with all the demonstrations there. We also got a dishwasher, a refrigerator and a hood. Upon delivery, we had a dented dishwasher, which was not anybody's fault, and they replaced it which was fine.

Viking Ranges response

Thank you for sharing your Viking experience. We are so happy to hear how much you love your Viking appliances.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

My husband did all the research then we went to an excellent Viking dealer in Connecticut. They delivered when they were supposed to, the products were fine, and the prices were right. We bought an entire kitchen, including a Viking stove and a microwave. The quality of the range is excellent and I love the five burners and the convection. We're very happy with Viking.

Viking Ranges response

Viking appreciates your comments and are extremely excited to hear about your awesome experience.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I went from electric to gas with the Viking range. Aside from wanting gas, I liked the looks of it and the knobs. They're big and they're easy to use. I like the sliding rack too but they should have two of them in there and not just one. Also, when we got the range home, the convection oven did not work. I didn't know it for a while because I didn't use it. But Viking was really prompt about getting it taken care of and getting a man out here to fix it. I've had it for a couple of months now and everything has been great so far. We also bought the microwave and the convection on it didn't work. Because Viking dropped the ball on that one, they just ordered us a new one and sent it out instead of having the microwave repaired. They've taken care of us really good.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

We absolutely love Viking Ranges. My dad had a Viking range and hood for about 15 years and he loved it. He’s an avid cooker and that’s what sold us on Viking. And we’ve not been disappointed. They’re wonderful and fabulous. We went through Best Buy in Fort Lauderdale and they ordered everything for us. We’ve got the range that’s gas, which we were thrilled to get here in Florida since there is no natural gas. We had to put in propane to get that. We’ve also got the hood and the Viking microwave. We didn’t have the microwave for a period because of a problem with the display, but it works fine now. Other than that, it’s great.

I also love that the stove top is incredibly easy to clean up. I just have to take the grates right off. We had a décor stove top in our previous house in New Mexico and that one was awful to clean. I like that the gas stove, as well as the oven, seems to cook evenly too. We’re always showing off our Viking appliances. We have pictures of them which we show to people.

Viking Ranges response

Thank you for sharing your Viking experience. We are so happy to hear how much you love you units.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I’ve owned my Viking range for about month now and so far, it's been good. The dealer who I got it from did a very good job. The model of my range is appealing and I like that it’s gas.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

The stove has been nothing but a headache. This oven worked for literally 5 months then stopped working. We attempted to fix it with experienced repair men but after changing the spark module and the ignitor, still nothing. What the heck have you manufactured Viking. For $5500.00 all we have at the moment is a hunk of metal with a $660 repair cost to boot to the original cost. Thanks for taking my money out of the bank and tossing it in the garbage. As they say happy wife, happy life. Well my wife is not happy therefore my life isn't doing too well.

Viking Ranges response

Thank you for your review. We are truly sorry to hear of the issues that you are having with this unit. We will have a Customer Care Advocate contact you shortly to get information on the unit and see how we can assist.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I was remodeling a kitchen in my new house and I wanted a Viking Range. I liked the layout of the burner grills and the automatic start. Also, the size of the oven was larger than most and the underneath part of the burner stays enclosed. I was able to get it in the burgundy color that I really liked for the kitchen. I really liked the power of the burners that I have, too. The team at Viking has been good. There was a delay in the manufacturing, and they let me know about it right away and when to expect the items so it all went very smoothly. I got a free Viking dishwasher with the range and the wall oven but I'm not as happy with the dishwasher as I would like to be.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I've always known about Viking and bought their range online recently. When it was delivered, it had two burners that weren't working and yet, it had this hand-signed quality control sheet with all these guys' initials on it. So, that didn't work too well. I'm glad that there's a good service provider here because they had come to fix that last burner today. We're basically happy we bought the range but disappointed in the initial quality.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Viking was supposed to be a quality brand. I've had the range for a year now and it's not properly working. I've had to have repairman after repairman in and out of my home and the problem is still not resolved 100% so it's a bit of an issue. After nine months of not working properly, they decided to replace the whole range. And now, the parts that I had purchased that are supposed to fit the same year don't fit because a piece of it is warped.

We finally got the other oven working because I didn't have both sides working for a whole year. And now that we finally got it working, the griddle that they replaced it with is warped. They had someone come out and look at it and it needed to be replaced. But Viking's saying that he didn't say that it was warped when I was standing right there and he did say it. They said that they're not replacing it basically. So now, I have a warped griddle that I can't cover.

I thought I was buying a luxury piece of equipment for my home and now it's just been one thing after another and no one's been helpful. I haven't heard from them for probably two to three weeks on what they're going to do about the warped griddle so I just have another defective piece of whatever. It would be nice if I could go back and if they would refund me and I would purchase a completely different brand so that I could get some customer service.

Viking Ranges response

Thank you for your review. We will have a customer care advocate contact you shortly to assist.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Having a Viking Range is something that I've always wanted for quite some time. They're expensive, but at my age now, I am finally able to afford it. I enjoyed cooking and never had this stuff with a high-end range before. I enjoy Viking a lot. I like the six-burner. I never had that many burners before. I could do simultaneously more things on the stove instead of taking turns before. They're all have nice sizes too. With the classic, it is just a four-burner range, you only have two small ones. You couldn't put a big pot on it. Then you're limited only to two larger ones. With Viking, they're basically all the same size. It gave me a lot of options.

We had some issues with the installation from Monark Appliances which is the store where we bought the appliances. But after that, when we contacted Viking, they were quite helpful. We had four appliances we got from them and they helped me register all the products online. Then they gave me the name of a local appliance or service dealer who could come fix the issue we've had with the installation that wasn't done properly. I've been happy with the service we received so far.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

We were shopping and we wanted to have the same appliances throughout our kitchen. We liked the fact that Viking Ranges had the nugget ice machine. So far, the quality of the machine is good. The consistency of heating on the cooktop and different things have all been very good as well. I was pleased with everything.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

We wanted to get a high-end range that had good reviews. We then found a great website that had a good deal on getting a package, because we were replacing everything essentially. We knew that Viking Ranges was a really good brand and we'd seen them in some houses we looked at. The range has been amazing, and the hood has been great. I really liked its quick heat control.

Viking Ranges Company Information