3.9/5 (114 ratings)

About Viking Ranges

Viking is a luxury appliance manufacturer that offers high-performance ranges, refrigerators, dishwashers and more. Its ranges are available in a variety of burner configurations, sizes and fuel types. Customers see the widest variety of options with Viking gas ranges or dual-fuel models. Viking electric ranges or induction ranges have fewer size or configuration options, but these models are still feature-rich and can be customized by color.

Pros

• Luxury designs and materials
  • Customizable
  • Long-lasting
  • Promotional offers and rebates

Cons

• Limited pricing transparency
  • Expensive

Bottom Line

Viking is a U.S.-based luxury appliance manufacturer. It sells ranges in different sizes, burner configurations and fuel types. Its products can be expensive, but they’re designed to last.

Top Viking Ranges Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Verified

Viking Range is a good range and we haven't had any issues with it. It looks commercial grade but for residential. I like the quality and it cooks well. Also, their representative...

Verified

I’ve called Viking Range several times for various questions since we bought a house with a Viking built in refrigerator… Hope from customer service and Stuart from the service si...

What are Viking ranges?

Whether you’re shopping for a range or a warming drawer, Viking products are known for their reliability, functionality, professional quality and attractive designs. It offers appliances for indoor and outdoor kitchens and has many colors and styles to choose from.

Here are the types of cooking products you can expect to find at your local dealer or showroom:

• Freestanding ranges
  • Rangetops
  • Stovetops
  • Ovens
  • Microwaves
  • Warming drawers

How long do Viking ranges last?

Your Viking range’s life expectancy is heavily influenced by how often the stove is used and how well it’s cleaned and maintained. As a general rule, most ranges last from 10 to 20 years. Gas ranges have an average life expectancy of 15 years, while electric ranges typically last for 13 years. Viking strives to be at the higher end of that scale, and it designs its ranges to compare with professional appliances known to last as long as 40 years.

Viking offers a two-year limited warranty on its products. This warranty covers workmanship or material defects and is valid from your date of purchase. Products can be returned for an exchange within 10 days of purchase, or you can return your range for repairs if you experience issues.

Viking range prices

Viking ranges typically start at around $4,000, but its larger and more luxurious models can cost more than $20,000. Its cooktops range from $1,500 to $8,000, and wall ovens generally cost around $6,000 to $14,000.

The price of any appliance depends on its size, number of burners, fuel type and the dealer’s pricing. You can request a quote online or visit one of its local dealers to get pricing on the model you’re interested in. Viking also offers a variety of promotional offers.

Viking FAQ

Who owns Viking ranges?
Viking is owned by the Middleby Corporation, which is based out of Illinois.
Who manufactures Viking appliances?
Viking manufactures its appliances from one of its four manufacturing plants in Mississippi. The company works to attract tourism to its headquarters city in Greenwood, Mississippi.
Is Viking an American company?
Viking is a U.S. company. It’s based in Greenwood, Mississippi, and is involved with the local community.
How do you start a Viking stovetop?
To light the surface burner, push and turn the knob for that burner. For more details on how to operate your Viking stovetop, consult the user manual for your model.

Are Viking appliances good?

Viking is known for designing and manufacturing high-quality, professional-grade kitchen appliances. Its products have luxurious styles and materials, so these ranges are more expensive than your typical stovetop. Pricing isn’t available online, but customers can receive quotes online or with a local Viking dealer.

Viking Ranges Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking Ranges?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Original review: June 17, 2021

We liked the functionality of the Viking Ranges, the induction on one side, gas and griddle. When I was getting my range, it was quick because it was on the floor and they wanted to get it out as soon as possible. So through TA Appliances, I got it within a week or so. Then I had an appliance guy who came in, installed a power cord, and put it in for me. We use our stove quite a bit and in terms of functionality, it’s very good. But I ran into one problem that is currently being looked into. The ignition of my backburner is not coming on and not lighting that well.

I called the TA Appliance guy who I got the range from and he set things up so that I was called by whoever the service team is here close to me. They were okay but some better communication as to what the problem was in the process would have been appreciated. I had to call a few times to really understand what the holdup was on getting parts. They said that they couldn't get parts over right away, but that wasn't communicated well.

Other than that, my Viking range is fantastic. There are two ovens and there's a small oven on the right side. It would have been nice to get a second rack in there since we often have multiple things in there because of the conduction. There are three positions you can put the racks in but I couldn't find one. There's none on the website or anywhere you can buy one. It'd be nice to grab some of those kind of accessories. But I managed to get a bamboo cutting board cover for the griddle and that worked out nicely.

Viking Ranges response

Dear Shakti,

Our aim is to be here to iron out any/all wrinkles, our customer support team will be here for you. Thank You for your smooth transition into Viking.

Sincerely,

Viking Customer Care

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2021

Our Viking range broke. Our range had two flaws in it, one of them was rather dangerous. The manifold, which serves all the burners, had a leak in it. It wasn't because of the way it was connected, it was because it wasn't inspected properly by Viking. The other thing is, it also had a broken shelf in it. Those are two things that should have been found before it was ever released from their Viking warehouse. The company we bought it from brought it here to my house and took it out of the box, so it was not something they did.

We contacted the company we bought it from, which is Abt Electronics, because within 30 days, we have the right to return it without question. What they wound up doing was replacing our range with another range that they had promised at a later date. We had two different people come out. I had the gas company come out and check the gas lines to the range. Because I had my gas connection replaced because I thought that that was what the problem was until we had Abt Electronics come out. Their technician was the one, after taking part of the range apart, who found the actual problem.

This is not a cheap range because it's a 36-inch range, it's larger than most. It's something my wife has always wanted because she does a lot of cooking. This was something we were moving up to something that was really special. We were originally very disappointed with the problems we had. Overall, it took a couple of weeks to find and fix the problem during the holidays. But as far as I'm concerned now, I would recommend the product. The range holds heat very well. Certainly heats what we put on the stove evenly.

Viking Ranges response

Dear Mr. John,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We deeply apologize for ALL areas of concern. In careful review we're pleased, however, to see the issues have been addressed with the unit being serviced. While we do not anticipate any further service, please reach out to Viking should the need arise.

Sincerely,

Viking Customer Care

Original review: April 10, 2021

I’ve seen Viking Ranges around, and I've seen them evolve into a more sophisticated product than they were originally. They are robust, close to commercial in quality and performance, but have the benefit of being thoughtful of a residential home. They have convection, high heat, and different things one might want, like a broiler and a griddle, and you may or may not want it. And they have stood the test of time. I had a Garland for 25 years. It was commercial and rugged, but it didn't keep up.

The reps were not knowledgeable at the store that I bought it at. But they were not unfriendly. I came prepared, having done my homework. And I felt a little rushed. But too bad for me, you have to have tough feelings. I had an insurance plan and something went wrong. And the insurance wasn't the easiest thing to work out. It was hard to get them and to get help. That was a little slippery.

The irony of it all is my electrician rewired the kitchen and they had switched the neutral. The stove knew it, and was misbehaving, and we thought it was the stove. The people in Brooklyn who fixed it, top shelf. They could have told me anything. They diagnosed the truth. “You got the wrong polarity, fix it”. We fixed it, but the stove was never broken. That is more important to me than the sales people by a mile. Viking has excellent factory trained technicians. Love that.

The reason I bought the Viking was it has a smart sensor. If the flame went out, it knew, and it lighted it. I was stunned at that. It may have been around a long time, but I didn't know about it. So it has everything I’ve seen in lots of places, but it has a smart technology that is lifesaving. It’s fantastic. The caveat is we've had it a few years. The quality is good, and the performance is excellent. We rattle the doors, turn the knobs and spill things just like anybody else. And so far, it's just humming along. I would recommend that stove in a heartbeat. And this is a person who had a Garland for a long time.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I had a Viking range in my last house and I liked it. I like gas cooking. However, when it came, the front griddle was scratched. Viking put in a ticket for service to get that replaced. They came out once. The tech couldn't do it. Came out again. He couldn't do it. Came out the third time with the replacement burners. Instead of being the silver, they were rose gold. Came back a fourth time. Now, this is only being here to make sure he could get in. In the meantime, also the griddle came. It was rusted. I just got that griddle three weeks ago after purchasing back in August. I love the product but the service was horrendous. I have all Viking in my house. I got another French door oven, the dishwashers, the microwave. It was terrible. A lot of my time spent trying to get things fixed that I shouldn't have been spending time on. Nobody listens to me.

There was so much trouble trying to get the stove in and get it to be finished that I almost said to them, “Come and take it back.” Putting in tickets, waiting here for people to come to the house during COVID. Coming in, he couldn't fix it. Hours taking the whole stove apart, putting stuff all over the floor. Meaning that when his visits came, like the one time he came at 4:00 and I would start cooking dinner around 4:30, he came until 6:30. A lot of little problem things that shouldn't have had to happen. And then they give you a window of eight hours that they will be there. So, you take a day off work. That was just the messy part of it. I did that three times. But the products that they make, I absolutely love. I've had them in my last two homes, and I have a 48- inch stove fuel and I love it.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

Initially, we had a difficulty with baking, and then the temperature just cut off. It ended up taking an hour and a half to bake one sheet of cookies after it had warmed up for a good 20 and then 40 minutes. It took a long time. Someone came out, and he said nothing was wrong with and it hasn't done it since. But so far, so good.

I live in an area that is lower population. We don't have as many service people to service. Initially, I was told I would have to wait a month to a month and a half for someone to come out and look at it. I pleaded with the gal on the phone. “Well, it’s just before Christmas, and I have a four-year old. And we're looking forward to baking.” Lo and behold, someone had availability in their schedule. She called me right away and said, “I can get you in right away. Are you available?” I said, “Of course, I am.” I was disappointed in that. I said, “Gosh, if I had any future issues, it would be a bummer to have to wait that long for service.”

In addition, I can’t get a pizza pan to go all the way in. It's not the depth of the oven. It just needs to be an inch and a half further in depth, and then a regular pizza pan could fit in. That was shocking to me. We ran into it on the first day of our move. We had the movers here and I thought, “Oh, I'll just pick up pizzas and cook them in the oven.” Because we live a ways out from any pizza place. I had to cut all the pizzas in order for them to fit into the oven, which is a pain in the neck. And then anytime I go to fix a pizza, I can't use the basic pizza pan, which is a bummer. Other than that, I've enjoyed using the stove top, and the oven has been great since. I've been happy.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

Viking has a high quality product at a reasonable price. I like the look of the range though I wish it had a timer. My husband uses the griddle a lot. He really likes that.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I love my Viking range. What I don’t like about it is when the knobs get a little bit older, the numbers rub off of them, and you can't use it. I never would have bought a Viking because of that reason at all. All my friends that have Viking, once their stove is a couple of years old, you can’t read anything on it. Wherein the Wolf stove, the numbers are embedded into the knobs so even if the paint wears off on them, you still have the numbers.

The install of the Viking range was easy. But once it was installed, when I ran the convection fan, it was rubbing into something behind the stove. But the technician tried to come out and fix it to me. The other problem that I noticed with the Viking that I'm gonna have to modify was I ordered the extended backsplash for it, and it doesn't fit. It was the proper extended backsplash for it so what I have to do is the stove has to be cut in order to accommodate the bigger backsplash. The backsplash is sitting at my house, unused, because I'm going to wait for the factory warranty to expire on this, then I'm going to cut the back of the stove and fit it.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I had a burner and the igniter went bad. I'm having an issue with my oven door right now. It's not even. Something is wrong with it. The quality is not what I thought it was. Compared to the price I pay, I expect to not have a technician come to my house for five years. I could have gone to Home Depot and probably did better. I need to contact the service people of Viking or try to get them out here to see what's going on.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

The delivery of my Viking was quick. The setup was questionable though because they broke the hinges of my range when they delivered it. It took a month for us to figure out that there was something wrong with the stove and then realized that it wasn't closing properly and that the hinges are broken. It took about six weeks after we notified them that there was something wrong. They came, repaired it and it's working perfectly. It works as it was supposed to. It's really fast, efficient and beautiful to look at. The quality is absolutely perfect.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

I'm enjoying my Viking range. It's beautiful-looking, very powerful and it does what I want.

Viking Ranges Company Information