toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Viking creates a great product that is sturdy and outperforms other high-end ranges. After buying a Thermador Range that underperformed at every turn and which seemed to be made out of low-quality steel which caught on fire due to a door switch issue, we decided to buy a Viking dual fuel range. What a wonderful experience we have had not just with the product but also with the customer service, which was sorely lacking with Thermador. Thanks for making a superb product!

The Viking Range makes me feel like a Master Chef... In 30 years and many gas ranges, this is the best range we have ever had. We had a minor service problem with our grill and gas broiler which was immediately taken care of without charge. The service department was by far the best I've dealt with in my experiences with other companies. We are going to be moving soon and I will get another Viking - The Best Gas Range Ever!!!

Love my stove. About a year old. A bit annoying that out of the 6 burners only two (left) do a quick water boil. More sad about the illustrations and temps mapped on panel. All coming off with cleaning.

Viking Ranges

We appreciate your comments and for letting us know how we can improve. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

We’ve always known about Viking Ranges, and personally, I didn’t want to buy a Viking range because it was too expensive, but we did because my husband wanted it for the quality. Also, it’s made in America, which was a huge factor for our purchase. In fact, I wanted an Italian made oven since it was cheaper, but then we went with the American made Viking range. The people at the Viking dealer were good. However, there was a conflict between the brochure that was on the display and what was actually available. So, that probably needs to get tightened up. But so far, I love our Viking range's quality. We've been having an incredible cooking experience with it. Also, I like the look of it. It has clean lines.

Viking Ranges

Viking is sorry to hear of the issues you are having. We will have a customer care rep contact you shortly to get your information to see how we can assist.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

We were very excited to purchase multiple kitchen appliances from Viking. In the 14 months I've owned them, I have had to have the stove serviced 5 times, including visits where the tech didn't even bring the correct parts for our model. Repair companies they use are terrible at responding, scheduling appointments and servicing the products. I STILL haven't had the stove fixed after multiple calls with Viking. With these issues, I wouldn't recommend anyone purchases the product if you want a fictional stove.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Based on reviews online and their reputation with their consumers and my friends, we decided to get a Viking range. The cost of their range is twice the quality ratio. I'm not quite sure what I paid the premium for and the quality of the range is in the middle: not great nor bad. The infrared broiler is my favorite feature of the range, but it does not work that well. I also like the convection and the high-BTU burner. The gas regulator stopped working. It malfunctioned and I couldn't get any gas output from anything including the oven or the burner. I made a service call for it and they took care of it pretty quickly. Overall, Viking range is overpriced with limited options.

Viking Ranges

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of the issues you are having. We will have a customer care rep contact you shortly.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

I have a three year old Viking 6 burner range. When I try to turn on to preheat oven, instead of preheat light coming on it clicks into clean mode and clean light blinks, and oven doesn't preheat. I phoned our Viking repair person this morning and coincidentally, I am the fifth person to call in the same problem in the last week. She also noted that our ranges are of similar age. Very curious if this might not be a recall issue?

Viking Ranges

Thank you for sharing your Viking experience. We are so happy to hear how much you love your range.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

I got our Viking range at Big George's Appliance Center in Ann Arbor. It was the only dealer in the area where we could get the Viking and they're very professional. They're not just trying to sell us whatever is there. They were very good about asking me what my needs were and what I was looking for. And they gave me lots of options.

I bake and cook so I went with the dual range. I'm in heaven. I have never boiled water faster. Cooking takes half the time it did before. And in the 33 years that I've made pies with my mom, this is the only oven I've ever made a pie where in the crust did not have to be covered by foil or an aluminum ring. There are also seven different baking modes and I've used all of them except for one. I love the versatility and the ease of use for the gas top as well. I like having the knobs on the front too 'cause I hated having to reach over what I was cooking and deal with the knobs at the top or the back. I also like that it's very sleek and elegant looking. There are metal knobs and there's no stupid electronic display. It's impressive, it has a well thought out design and easy to clean, too. I'm very happy with the way it looks and also with the way it performs. There's nothing that I would change about it.

Viking Ranges

We have reviewed your notes and see where we have agreed that your unit is non repairable. We also show where we offered a discount into a new Viking range because of this. We are sorry to hear that the offer did not meet your expectations.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

VIKING 30"w ALL GAS RANGE 4 BURNERS CONVECTION MANUAL CLEAN OVEN: Purchased NEW in 2007. Initial cost: $3,480. To date, have spent $868.05 in repairs, and it is still a faulty stove. When using the oven (baking) the knobs that control the range become so HOT you cannot touch them. They do not get "warm", they get HOT... so hot you jerk your hand away. We've had the authorized technician out multiple times to troubleshoot and replace burnt/melted parts. The "DSI Unit" has been replaced twice. The "therm" and "board" have been replace at least once. We have notified VIKING, and their response has been less than stellar. The current "board/DSI" does not melt and die, rather it just quits working: the oven shuts itself off and won't work until it has cooled down. Needless to say, this is POOR POOR POOR. I will likely never be able to recommend any Viking product.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Viking range is great. I love the way the stove boils the food and cooks it. It has a whole setup on it. You don't see the flame come up but can adjust the way it goes. It's also safer for children. But right now, it's not working and it needs to be fixed. We called customer service about it and they called a contractor. We're still waiting on the parts to come back. The wires burned up so we had to replace the whole surface. Once I receive the parts, I should be doing great unless they need it to be replaced.

Viking Ranges

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are truly sorry to hear of the issues you are having with finding a servicer. We will have a customer care rep contact you shortly with a list of servicers in your area who can assist.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

I have owned my Viking oven for 13 years. I purchased the oven because of the Viking name and quality. Unfortunately, I have had 3 costly repairs and I am now faced with a fourth repair after a self-cleaning cycle broke the oven lock. The trouble is compounded by the fact that I cannot finding a repair person in the area willing to help. I have contacted 2 companies that have said they would call me with info about repair and neither has returned a call. Disappointed to now have 4 costly repairs on a very expensive appliance.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our Viking range came with my new kitchen. It is a beautiful piece of architecture, and I love its high quality. I like the dual nature of it. It's an electric range gas top. I love how it looks and feels. We had a service call on it, though. Periodically and almost in a random way, the settings for the oven were not matching what it was doing. So we’d put it on bake at 425 and it would bake at 200 or something. And every once in while, it would switch into the cleaning mode and lock itself up and get really hot even though it was set on bake or whatever. It was totally weird. It locked us out once, and it didn’t cook while we had food in it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Because of the quality of Viking's products, we bought a range from them and so far, it's great. I like the range of temperature options on it. Compared to the appliance I had prior to it, my Viking range is the greatest thing.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I went to Best Buy and they had Viking Ranges on display along with the other brands and I liked it. It's simple. There are no any electric screens which I didn't like. It was all manual like those round switches. Working with the team members was great and they explained everything. Everything we received was in good condition except there was an issue. The thing we put on the top of the burner to hold anything like a big bowl has small rubbers so they won't make noise when they touch the panel and one of them is missing that small rubber.

In my opinion they need to lower the price a little bit so we can buy the whole stuff 'cause right now I only have an oven and the microwave. I was looking to buy a refrigerator and a separate oven plus a washer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted a 36-inch range with six burners, but not so many people made them back then. I've had one from Viking Ranges and have liked it. So, I recently bought a new one at Best Buy and the team there was great. However, my first one was made so much nicer and everything was heavier. They don't make ranges like they used to now, though I would be perfectly satisfied with it if I never had my first one.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My sister has a Viking range and I've cooked on it. For the quality that I know of a Viking, I got myself one, too. I went to PC Richard and they were great to the point where I also got a Viking microwave and a wine fridge. I love pretty much everything about my range including its look and the evenness of the burners. It's easy to dictate the temperature. The oven is also easy to use. Everything so far is good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted the Viking Ranges' look and also wanted it for the resale value. Everybody says Viking is top of the line but it's beat up and cheap. The quality was not as I expected. I've had one for over a year now and am disappointed because I've had cosmetic issues with it though the repairs have been great. I also have had troubles with the handles turning off. The knobs are hitting the screws that hold it going to the front panel so then I’ve got a really loud rattle with the exhaust fan. It's amazing when it cools down and the skillet pan's rattling on it. It gets so loud it disrupts conversations. Luckily, it's still under warranty and they’re gonna take care of it when they come back.

Apart from that, I like the way it performs. It cooks well. Also, the whole customer service experience was overwhelming but was better than expected. I was doing a DIY project and had issues with the cabinets so it took a long time to get the range unpacked and installed. But they treated me very well. Overall, I’m very satisfied with my Viking experience.

I purchased this induction range ~4 years ago and have already had to make several very expensive repairs. I purchased Viking because I thought I would be getting a high-quality appliance and didn't expect to have to make ~$1000 in repairs in such a new appliance. The oven takes over 40 minutes to heat up to 350 degrees and does not heat/cook reliably. Very disappointing!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I'm a fireman and we have professional restaurant quality ranges so I'm familiar with Viking. I like the style, quality and price of my Viking range. It needed a little bit of adjustment and that's about it. I also like the fact that it allows to heat up the pots, and the oven heats up really well so it's very efficient. The dealer and delivery crew were great. And the service person has been here to look at it for a couple of issues. It was perfect. Overall, I got a good product for the money I paid and the individuals there at Viking really tried to help me when I called them up with an issue. I also have a Viking refrigerator and I've had to live with two dings in its door for about four weeks. But they're willing to help me because the doors have to be made and they're replacing them. I have no problem with that but it is kind of an inconvenience when I spent $5,000 on the refrigerator. It's not cheap.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like the way my Viking range looks and it's very attractive. We have all Viking appliances including a hood and it makes the kitchen look really good. We had electric before and now we have gas. We like the gas better than the electric; that's a good feature. However, the range had a problem. We got it about two and a half years ago and the oven never seemed to work right. Then, it started tripping the breakers.

So I called Viking; they had a Viking technician come out, go through the oven and discovered the problem. On Monday, the technician is coming out to put a new board in it. They came out before Christmas and it takes a while to get the parts from Viking. They finally came in, were going to come out and repair the oven on Monday. Also, I had a problem with the dishwasher and they're going to fix that. I stood there, watched them go through the range and I was impressed with the technician that came out and diagnose the problem. They were responsive as far as the repair.

Plus, the team has been very good and really helpful on the phone. I called, told them I have a problem and they checked to make sure that we had registered. But, there was a snafu that they said, "we hadn't but we knew we had". They looked into it, discovered that they had misspelled our last name and verified that yes indeed it was under warranty. I didn't have any problems with that at all.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have seen Viking in new houses and we liked the look and the reliability. Our range was delivered last year and we installed it a couple of months ago. It's heavy but we got it moved in all right and the installation was easy. We switched over from electric to gas and we really like the gas stove part of it because it feels industrial. We've been real happy with it and the only issue we've had is a light bulb that burned out. We haven't had anybody locally to come out and repair it yet. We've been trying to contact the people at the place we bought it from or the local shops that work on Viking but we haven't had heard back from them. They suggest we don't replace the bulb because it's still under warranty, and so we're waiting.

Viking Ranges

Viking is sorry to hear of your issues. We will have a customer care representative contact you shortly to get your information and see how we can assist.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

Viking 30" single oven Model VES0130SS - Have had trouble with the door closing since day 1. The inside light stays on when the door does not completely close. The decals are pretty much illegible on the electric oven and gas cooktop. The self cleaner evidently does not function. The inside back fan is very noisy.

Viking Ranges

Thank you for letting us know about your Viking experience. Viking is truly sorry about the issues you are having. We will have a customer care rep contact Mr. Appliance to get the parts information to make sure the parts are expedited out and then follow up with you.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

We went to a dealer called Builders Supply that sells high-end appliances since the contractor sent us out there to go look at ranges. We looked at Viking, Wolf, KitchenAid, and GE. But my wife picked the Viking 48-inch range with two ovens because they had an extremely good reputation and my wife liked its appearance and the way it operated. It was delivered in October, but I found out that an installer had to set it up so we paid some people to do that. Then it turned out that the hinges on the larger oven were bent or broken and had been that way when it was shipped to us.

We were told over and over that they were moving their parts supply deal from Mississippi to Atlanta. That was what was holding it up and it was just a matter of a few days before it would be done then we would get the hinges. But it took forever to get them to the point where the people at Mr. Appliance, their warranty contractor here, called me repeatedly to apologize. So it took a little over four months to get the hinges. Consequently, the stove is right now a little over a year old and for the first four months, we didn’t use one side of the stove. But because this is a $13,000 stove, we thought it would have been a better deal than that. But when we finally got the hinges, everything seemed to be fine. We only had a problem with leveling it, but when we had some people come out to level it, it worked fine for a while.

Another problem was the indicator lights didn’t come on anymore. We also noticed that things were cooking too fast so I bought a thermometer and put it in the oven. But when I set the oven on 350, it came up at about 425. It clearly needed to be redone from the standpoint of recalibration. This has now been the week before Christmas. Mr. Appliance sent a man out and he looked at it. He was really good and knew what he’s doing. He figured out that a part has gone bad and it's not doing what it’s supposed to do to regulate the temperature in the oven. Also, there were fans in the back that didn't work anymore. So if it’s supposed to cook at 350, we set it on about 250-275 and regulate to see if we can get it there using the thermometer that I put in.

The technician came out the week before Christmas and I was told that it was no big deal. We just order the part and have it in. Since it's been 2 weeks, I called Mr. Appliance. Their rep said that they might have a delivery on Thursday or Monday of next week and she would call me if my part was in that order. I now have a $13,000 doorstop, sitting in there, not able to cook in the major oven anymore. So we're disappointed at the quality of our purchase. And when I call, I don’t seem to be able to get anybody on the phone over there.

I hated the dealer too. They sold me some parts for the range, one of them being a $250 skirt that goes across the front, which hides the legs. It turned out that when we got it in the house, it wouldn’t fit. Somebody had taken it out of the box and the box was thrown away. When I attempted to return it because I couldn’t use it, they told me they don’t take anything back if it’s not in the box. This is despite having just bought close to $40,000 worth of appliances from them. This is the worst experience I’ve had so I would never go in there again.

This stove has been a freaking nightmare and this experience stinks! Viking doesn't do what they say they’re going to do. I’ve spent nearly 50 years in business and customer service is the most important thing you can do. But you get nothing from Viking. If somebody asks me about buying a stove from them, I’m going to tell them to not walk but run in the other direction. If it doesn’t get better quickly, I’m going to have my attorney sue Viking for deceptive trade practices under Texas DTPA, which gets you triple damages. I’m going to take the $39,000, buy a Wolf stove and use the rest of it to take ads in the paper stating not to buy a Viking.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Viking range is a very good quality product. However, it has a minor issue because it fell out in the front door. The warranty was still valid, so Viking sent someone who was very helpful. One thing is when the oven gets hot, the fan kicks in and it's quite noisy. But the stove top has a good heat and it's easy to clean.

Viking Ranges

Viking is truly sorry to hear of the issues you are having with getting parts out. We will have a customer care rep contact you shortly to get your information to see how we can assist.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

I wanted a commercial grade oven for the new house because I do a lot of entertaining so I got a Viking range. I, however, had problems with it. Six out of the eight burners failed during the installation. I then called in warranty replacement and they sent the company out and they're supposedly on back order. I've been waiting for the replacements for six weeks now. I have two working burners for a $13,000 oven. I'm not happy at all.

Viking Ranges

Thank you for your review. We will have a customer care rep contact you shortly to get your information and see how we can assist.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

The door does not shut properly and the racks inside are not easily moved in and out of the oven. The racks just scrape the lips they sit on. For the oven to keep the consistent temperature the oven constantly audibly relights when baking. I wish I had bought a Thermador.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Viking Range works. My wife and I think its design looks really cool and she's heard great stories about the way it works. I also heard that the quality lasts a long time. My wife wanted a Viking, nothing else. She was shopping left and right for it, including seeing if she can get a used one. She walked into the Viking dealer where we purchased the range from and they had a sale of this particular range along with a free dishwasher. Our experience at the dealer was nice and easy. We just signed the bottom line and the range got picked up when we needed it to. I'm not a professional chef, but with the Viking Range, it looks like I'm in a professional kitchen. The controls on the burners seem to work a lot better than any other range I've had before, starting from the simmer up to the high temperature. I'm happy that I bought it.

Viking Ranges

Thank you for your comments. We are extremely excited to hear how much you love your range. We also appreciate you letting us know how we can improve the experience with our dealer.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

After I saw the Viking range at a store, I asked my friend who had one for 25 years and he loves it. It's made with fantastic quality, and the temperature control and how hot it gets are great. I love the products, but the Viking dealer, specifically sales, did a poor job. They're too busy. Concerning how expensive their product is, I think I could have had a better experience. Other than that, things were ordered well.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My friends have some Viking Ranges and I've cooked in a restaurant that had one. I got one too but the service at the store was not a very good one. I love the range especially the griddle in the middle of the stove. The heat is very consistent too which is nice. I enjoy my Viking range and it makes me want to cook more.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I like the price of the Viking Ranges and also the access to obtaining the part so I got one from them. I bought my oven from a store in Chicago that sells Viking appliances, and the service that I got was excellent. Everything looks great and whatever was advertised for the type of oven we bought was exactly what we got and if not more, so it's been very pleasant so far.

Viking Ranges Company Profile