3.9/5 (190 ratings)

About Viking Ranges

Viking is a luxury appliance manufacturer that offers high-performance ranges, refrigerators, dishwashers and more. Its ranges are available in a variety of burner configurations, sizes and fuel types. Customers see the widest variety of options with Viking gas ranges or dual-fuel models. Viking electric ranges or induction ranges have fewer size or configuration options, but these models are still feature-rich and can be customized by color.

Pros

• Luxury designs and materials
  • Customizable
  • Long-lasting
  • Promotional offers and rebates

Cons

• Limited pricing transparency
  • Expensive

Bottom Line

Viking is a U.S.-based luxury appliance manufacturer. It sells ranges in different sizes, burner configurations and fuel types. Its products can be expensive, but they’re designed to last.

Top Viking Ranges Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Verified

Viking Range is a good range and we haven't had any issues with it. It looks commercial grade but for residential. I like the quality and it cooks well. Also, their representative...

Verified

I’ve called Viking Range several times for various questions since we bought a house with a Viking built in refrigerator… Hope from customer service and Stuart from the service si...

What are Viking ranges?

Whether you’re shopping for a range or a warming drawer, Viking products are known for their reliability, functionality, professional quality and attractive designs. It offers appliances for indoor and outdoor kitchens and has many colors and styles to choose from.

Here are the types of cooking products you can expect to find at your local dealer or showroom:

• Freestanding ranges
  • Rangetops
  • Stovetops
  • Ovens
  • Microwaves
  • Warming drawers

How long do Viking ranges last?

Your Viking range’s life expectancy is heavily influenced by how often the stove is used and how well it’s cleaned and maintained. As a general rule, most ranges last from 10 to 20 years. Gas ranges have an average life expectancy of 15 years, while electric ranges typically last for 13 years. Viking strives to be at the higher end of that scale, and it designs its ranges to compare with professional appliances known to last as long as 40 years.

Viking offers a two-year limited warranty on its products. This warranty covers workmanship or material defects and is valid from your date of purchase. Products can be returned for an exchange within 10 days of purchase, or you can return your range for repairs if you experience issues.

Viking range prices

Viking ranges typically start at around $4,000, but its larger and more luxurious models can cost more than $20,000. Its cooktops range from $1,500 to $8,000, and wall ovens generally cost around $6,000 to $14,000.

The price of any appliance depends on its size, number of burners, fuel type and the dealer’s pricing. You can request a quote online or visit one of its local dealers to get pricing on the model you’re interested in. Viking also offers a variety of promotional offers.

Viking FAQ

Who owns Viking ranges?
Viking is owned by the Middleby Corporation, which is based out of Illinois.
Who manufactures Viking appliances?
Viking manufactures its appliances from one of its four manufacturing plants in Mississippi. The company works to attract tourism to its headquarters city in Greenwood, Mississippi.
Is Viking an American company?
Viking is a U.S. company. It’s based in Greenwood, Mississippi, and is involved with the local community.
How do you start a Viking stovetop?
To light the surface burner, push and turn the knob for that burner. For more details on how to operate your Viking stovetop, consult the user manual for your model.

Are Viking appliances good?

Viking is known for designing and manufacturing high-quality, professional-grade kitchen appliances. Its products have luxurious styles and materials, so these ranges are more expensive than your typical stovetop. Pricing isn’t available online, but customers can receive quotes online or with a local Viking dealer.

Viking Ranges Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2023

My wife always wanted a Viking oven. We went with the electric version and that was the best choice out of the ones that we looked at. The range heats up very quickly. When we bake anything in the oven, it seems to do a better job than what we had before as far as cooking evenly. With the range top, we haven't had a very good experience with other models, leading up to this. I would have thought that the top would have been made of the exact material. But for whatever reason, the Viking top seems to be more resistant to stains and scratches than what we had in the past.

There was a problem with the paint inside the oven and it started bubbling and coming off. My wife wasn't using any cleaners and was just wiping it out with regular Dawn soap and letting the self-cleaning do its job. She called Viking and they had somebody from Haggis Appliance Repair come out and look at it. The tech goes, "I don't know why the paint's coming off. But we'll see what Viking wants to do."

Viking was gracious enough to send us another one and the same thing happened. Not only did that happen, but it got stuff in between the glass doors and in the front window when you are looking in. There were all kinds of drip lines going on in there. We're now on our third one. So far, we've had this for about six months or so and it seems to be fine. On the whole, my wife had to spend a lot of time on the phone getting into disagreements. Not seeing this was taken care of very quickly was a little bit frustrating.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

I liked Viking's reputation. Originally, we were going to go with a Dacor, and we fell in love with this one. “This is it. This is going to be the one for us.” Then we heard it had terrible service problems and that the company had changed over the years, and it wasn't a good company. We're like, “Oh, no, no, we need to do something else.” Everybody knows Viking. We were at Pacific Sales and the guy was like, “Here's the one you need.” We were like, “Oh, that one looks really good. Okay.” We ordered it.

Our range is great. One burner in the back is having a little trouble lighting. It's like the little spark doesn't spark to light it. We could get it fixed, but we're too busy to deal with that when you can just do it with a lighter. We've just used the oven a lot for the first time this weekend. We've been burned before with ovens that don't really get up to the temperature that you think they are when they preheat. So, we have a thermometer in there and it was bang-on. It was exactly where it said it had preheated to. So, for us, that’s a huge deal.

I've done one cleaning. I just sprayed some of our range cleaner stuff in there and wiped it right out. It's a little strange on the top. The burner cover started out looking kind of gold-colored, and now they're all sort of stained and they look like they've been used. My husband tried to clean them and they just kind of stayed that way. Overall, Viking is really expensive, but it's really good. You get what you pay for.

Viking Ranges response

It's truly humbling to hear from start to finish you are more than satisfied. Thank you for giving Viking the chance to continue providing excellent service and quality.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

Our Viking range was delivered pretty early. But then, there was a recall on it to have to replace gas piping and the shipment of the piping was really ridiculous. It came in a large box, not packed very well at all, with just the two gas pipes in the box with no padding or packing. A local company repair person came out and did the recall work, replacing the piping in our garage, before it was installed. But during installation, when they reassembled it, one of the igniters may not have been connected properly. So that wasn't working on one of the burners and one of the knobs was really stiff. So we had a service call and that was taken care of in 10 minutes. Fortunately, we didn't have to pull the stove out as it had just been installed in a new kitchen with new flooring. And it's been fine ever since.

It's got the standard vent in the back for being put against a noncombustible wall. Now, it's against the wall, there's a tile backsplash, so you don't need the taller metal backsplash. But it throws off a good bit of heat when you're using the oven. Aside from that, we like the burners and the igniters work well. We like the simmer settings on every burner, too. When making homemade pasta sauce in my previous stove, which was a pretty nice 30-inch stove that had simmer settings, we still had to put these little cast iron diffuser plates because even on a real low setting, it would boil too much. But not with the Viking. You can get low enough. Although, if you go really low, the igniters come back on. But I've made sauce, put them in a low simmer setting, and it'll simmer very nicely.

Viking Ranges response

It is refreshing to hear you are satisfied with your Viking unit, thank you for expressing such loyalty.

Original review: March 20, 2022

I have a friend who remodeled their kitchen five years ago, and they have Viking and the kitchen looks so chic and had clean lines. I went with a six-burner and a full range. The home that we purchased, we seriously upgraded the kitchen and there was a cooktop and a double-stack range which is not my style. I was raised with a one range and I liked the versatility that Viking provided with the 5 Series range that we have. I looked at others and it's just the right size. The six pilots is perfect because there's more room to cook. The space in the conventional oven is large enough, both the top and the bottom, to heat up the turkey and also the casserole and the dressing at the same time. I have the Viking hood and the switch of the light that illuminates the oven range needs to be adjusted because the light blinks on and off. But so far, everything is great. I'm very pleased.

I have the whole set - the microwave drawer which is very sleek, the dishwasher, and the refrigerator. But we had a Samsung which had more space in it than we do in the Viking. That's the only complaint. We're pleased with it. I compared it to other brands. And for what I was willing to pay, Viking fell right in the middle. It wasn't too much for me because, where we live and the upgrades that we've done to the home and the overall increase in value, I thought that the appliances should reflect the neighborhood. It's one of those things wherein that is a fixture that adds value to the house. Kitchens and bathrooms sell a home. And to walk into a kitchen, especially ours, from how it was when we purchased it, to have so many nice upgrades and one of the top of the line appliances, it added instant value to our home. That was the other reason why the whole package was worth it.

Original review: March 18, 2022

We had a lot of small hiccups because of COVID and because of the supply chain issues. Initially, we purchased our Viking stove through Best Buy. But it kept getting pushed out and I wanted to get our kitchen up and running. So, I ended up finding a floor model out of Stockton, that had the piece in stock. It had some scratches on it but they were very minor and they guaranteed a six-month warranty. They delivered it and got it in service.

The Viking is simple to use and there's not a lot of electronics on it which is nice compared to Thermador and other high-end brands. I went with the one with an open range and even though it's rated at 15,000 BTUs, it's probably more because it's open. You're getting the airflow better, so it's actually heating it up better. So far, I love it. It's easy to start. The one thing I dislike is if you take off any of the igniters to clean, they get a little bit on the porcelain and I have to readjust them in order for the igniters to ignite sometime.

The other issue I've had is that it has to kick on numerous times to get the igniter to ignite. So, every once in a while, it'd have a little gas smell. I talked with the retailer that I bought it from about it, and they were gonna fix that. But my father-in-law who's familiar with Viking stove, he’s like, “Yeah. I’ll show you. It’s just this.” We ended up just moving the igniter a little bit. And then it took off, and no questions asked. Also, I'm not sure if the convection part is working properly because it makes a little rattle from time to time. Otherwise, the Viking has been reliable.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2023

Viking had the availability of all of the appliances that we needed and wanted. We were able to get a consumer-like type product, not commercial type. So far, everything has been great. It's our first gas range so it's taken a learning curve, but we're very pleased with the product that we got. It works very well. I like the immediate heat. It's very reliable. You never have to sit there, wait and wonder if it's gonna come on or not. I also like that all of the parts easily come apart. You can clean around it, put it right back together and keep going.

One thing I wish we had gotten more was education on the products themselves. I've had to google a lot of things, unfortunately. I don't know if that should have been who installed the products or our builder. I had somebody come out and service the range to make sure that everything was good with it because we never got any education on it. When the guy came out to the service it, he went over everything with me about how to properly disassemble and reassemble it, and making sure that the flames are coming out of the eyes like it should.

Viking Ranges response

Thank you for allowing Viking to be a part of your fresh start. We take pride and care in every product we manufacture and are grateful to you as our customer.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

We have problems with our range. The oven doesn't work. We had a Viking technician come out but he said it's out of warranty. It's crazy expensive to fix it through a Viking technician. Also, it's not a great product. The metal is showing signs of rust, which it shouldn't, and the cast iron griddle is not that easy to clean. Then, we had problems with two of the burners not lighting properly, not maintaining a simmer at the lowest temperature. We've got lots of clicking. This range is really problematic and I would never buy one again.

Viking Ranges response

Thank you for letting us know of your experience. We deeply apologize for ALL areas of concern. After careful review this has been forwarded to our escalation team-a team specialist will reach out to you within 48 business hours.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

The burners are good for high cooking. But I'm disappointed in the simmer. If I turn the range down low, the flame just goes out and it pumps raw natural gas into the house. And if I'm not in the kitchen, it fills the whole house with gas. It’s dangerous. I'm gonna have to have techs come out, which is unfortunate because that's why I bought this thing. I didn't wanna have to mess with it. Overall, I like the build quality and its lack of electronics.

Viking Ranges response

Thank you for letting us know of your experience. We deeply apologize for this issue. Please contact customer care at 888-845-4641 and have the model and serial number and also the proof of purchase and someone would further assist.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

The quality of the Viking range is excellent. My favorite feature so far is the burners.

Viking Ranges response

We are thrilled to hear Viking is helping you to enjoy your new range. We appreciate our customers. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

The quality of the Viking Range is good. Our favorite feature is the built-in griddle. They had to do some adjustments on the range but it's working okay now.

Viking Ranges response

Viking makes every effort to listen and hear what our customer's want, which is our foundation for newer and improved models. Thank you for being a part of what Viking is building.

Viking Ranges Company Information