Call toll free
3.90/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Recognized for their exceptional products, Viking provides free standing ranges, range tops, ovens, refrigeration of all kinds, and much more. They have re-engineered their products and they are better than ever. You can now own these products that were previously available only in commercial kitchens. Since partnering with The Middleby Corporation over two years ago, they’ve shifted their culture to ensure their products, quality, and service are the best out there. With numerous products to choose from, you’ll find exactly what you’ve been looking for.

Viking Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1236 Viking Ranges Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Installed a Viking kitchen including dishwasher 4 years and 11 months ago. Dishwasher failed just short of 5 years. Viking service came out & advised that electrical components, wiring harness and rubber seal failed. I paid $180 for service call and Viking refused to help in any way to repair the dishwasher. Service advised me that replacement was the only practical option as multiple repairs necessary would be cost prohibitive. We are very disappointed in Viking quality (except for range). Purchase Viking products at your own risk is my advice. Many better options are available in the price range they market their products in.

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Of the three Viking appliances I recently purchased, I love the range and dishwasher, however this is a 1-star review and that is due to the refrigerator having been nothing but problems. Viking sent a 3rd party repair person to correct the issue. Due to my location (apparently) it took the repair company 2 weeks to get out here, 5 weeks to order parts and another week to return. I live an hour outside of Pittsburgh and an hour from Cleveland, so the location really shouldn't be a problem.

However, I waited 2 months to get the refrigerator fixed (it freezes our food - even when set to 37 degrees). The problem still persists. I called Viking Customer Care again today, and expressed my frustration not only with the quality of the product, but also the time it took (2 months) to get the repair parts installed and that didn't even fix the issue. I think Viking refrigerators are generally great, but I got a defective unit. And rather than send me a replacement unit (since we've already gone down the repair path). Viking is sending another repair technician to my home.

The customer care representative, asked for my serial number. After providing it, she indicated that it wasn't valid - which she confirmed later on in our conversation that it was indeed correct. I also had to repeat my address several times. When she would look up a service option, and return to the screen she told me my address was gone. My appliances are all registered on Viking's website, why the customer care representative wasn't able to pull my information from that or from my previous support case seems counter-intuitive. For a supposed higher quality appliance, I'm disappointed I wasn't provided higher quality of service. And I have to wonder how many times I'll be doing this until my refrigerator works as advertised, or until I give up and get rid of the unit. I NEVER had this issue with my Sub-Zero!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

So, new refrigerator and freezer to replace a defective Viking product previously installed. The installers were amateurs. They came by to survey the house to make certain they could get the equipment in, but still brought the wrong equipment to get the units in the house. They also did not bring the correct tools to complete the installation. They had to borrow from another contractor that I had working at the house and from me to get the units installed. Totally unacceptable. Finally installed, and the freezer doesn't make ice, really???

After two additional trips, someone determines that the wrong switch was installed on the freezer by the factory. It took over 5 WEEKS to get this resolved, TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. I tried to buy American and local, I live in Mississippi, but I get torpedoed by Viking's total ineptitude at building products and by Viking's installation agent's complete incompetence. I will NEVER recommend Viking for ANYTHING. Your products are totally inferior and installation is an abomination.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

We were replacing our old Thermador and I assumed Viking was a fairly good product. I like the look of them but I’m a little disappointed. It is not very good and I would tell others to rethink their decision to buy one. My oven has been installed for two months and I have had repairmen here for the last two months as well. Hinges on the oven were bent. They finally came and fixed that. But they had to get the feet for the oven because they didn’t have them when they installed the oven.

Now, I’m having a problem with my burners. It has taken me two visits and they’re still not fixed. And every time they come out, there is a time period in between of two weeks. Then the repairman was telling me today that it is going to take probably another two weeks. When he came out previously, he seemed to have been of the forethought that what he was being told was not gonna fix it. And yet, he was still told to come out here and do it. So he came out here and did he was told but it still didn’t work. Now, they have to order all new burners.

It's just ongoing after two months. It’s been a roundabout, circular motion here with this whole thing. I was very angry to begin with but now, I don’t even know anymore. It’s two months and $10,000, and I haven’t really even used the oven. Viking also needs to be more responsive. Initially, they kept calling to ask if everything was good and I kept saying no. It was great that they called but then it wavered and petered out. Viking has dropped off as far as calling to see if anything has been done and now, it’s me dealing with the repair people.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

We had a Viking in our town home a number of years ago. We decided to buy from them because of their reputation and the fact that we like having the range with glass. The range has been awesome. It’s bigger and it’s a great brand. I would recommend it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I bought a house with a Viking range and so far, so good. The Viking reps came in and they did a great job. There are two ovens and I'm satisfied. Viking is great.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

My Viking range is great. I love the ease of how quickly it cooks. It's not necessarily the easiest to install but everything's worked out fine. I've had a couple of issues but it's been more from shipping than anything. I reached out to the dealer that I purchased the range from, and then a guy came out from a three-week sabbatical and I haven't heard back from them. I'm also supposed to get a rebate but I can't get anybody to call me back about it. Viking is obviously very busy and they're stretched a little thin, but it's frustrating because nobody seems to respond.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I saw the Viking range in the store and I liked the look of it. When I bought it. the dealer had good service and turnaround time. So far, it seems to be a very good product.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I’ve known about Viking Ranges for a long time and I like the features of the Series 7. I bought my range from Bade Appliances where they had it on display. The quality of the range is very good and the convection bake is my favorite feature. I use it everyday to cook some chicken for my dog, and it’s very fast. The chicken comes out very flavorful and moist too.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I have had a fine experience with Viking so far. Their reputation made me go with them over other retailers, and their reps are very helpful. I called about changing the color and getting a different cover for it, and my interaction with them went well.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I like the way the Viking ranges look and the salespeople were very nice. But the company that I bought my range from hired out delivery people. And they were a nightmare. They're not in-house so they had no clue and they didn't set up my range. But once I got my appliances, I was satisfied. All my kitchen is Viking and II'm really happy with my appliances. I bought an electric, five-burner convection since I live in a townhome and we're not allowed to have gas. I've had the range for about two months now and so far, everything has been excellent. My favorite feature of all time is the rack in the oven that's on hinges. You can pull it out completely without pulling it from the sides. You can extend the rack stand.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

We like that Vikings were brushed stainless. So, that fits with our current appliances. They have a nice, clean, sort of no-frills look. We got the ceramic top mostly because we don't have any venting in our house, and it would be a real rigamarole to put in. We would have preferred the gas range, but so far, the ceramic range is working really, really well for us. It's easy to clean and it looks nice all the time. It works like a champ, so we're really tickled with it.

The Vikings dealer was wonderful. Everybody was very knowledgeable, and they understood our specific constraints. Once we saw the Viking line, we really wanted to stay with it, and they were able to match us up with what we needed. We also purchased a Viking dishwasher at the same time and I registered both appliances. During the registration, there were a couple of numbers missing from serial numbers that didn't match up. That was a bit of a hassle, and I couldn't really complete the registration online without some help from tech support. But overall, I'm very satisfied with Vikings.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

We had a Viking range before and it was over 20 years old, so we figured that if something worked for 20 years, we'd buy another one. We purchased it around April of last year and we're totally disappointed with it. Around March of this year, we had to call Appliance World because it wasn’t working. Then we called them again last month for the same exact reason. Now we have to pay for it because it’s not under warranty. I contacted Viking itself and I’m still waiting on somebody to respond to my concern.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I purchased a Viking 30" electric cooktop Model RVEC3305BSB. It was installed and after they left, I turn on the stove to cook. One of the lights remained ON indicating that the heating element is HOT when the stove is not even on (the light stayed on since then, and it still on). I called Viking and they send someone to "fix" the issue. The guy said they had to order the part and it was going to take a week. His words "hopefully" that's the issue, if it's not then Viking will switch it for another one. I called to get the status and this time they said 10 days! I called Viking to complain and they said it was expedited to a week. It is not what I expected from a brand like Viking. I bought a new appliance, and yet it has to be fixed, why not replace it with one that has no issues and save us all the inconvenience of all these calls and following up? I am frustrated and disappointed with how this was handle.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I got a Viking range, dishwasher and a smaller baking oven. The dealer was knowledgeable and my experience in dealing with him was good. The range has a griddle in the middle which is a high polished stainless look and I liked that. It is super easy to clean and it looks brand spanking new, spotless and shiny after I clean it. I also like how underneath where the burners are, it's like a black enamel, so it's easy to hide whenever it's not so clean. Also, I like the quality of Viking a lot and so far, I’ve been happy with all the Viking products that I have.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I wanted a Viking since I was a kid and I know that they have the reputation for being the best stove. A few times that I’ve seen them, they seemed to cook the best. However, I'm disappointed with the stove that I got. I’ve called them a couple of times for an issue that I’m having. I’ve had the stove since May and it’s not working correctly still. I have a 36-inch stove and it has a long piece of metal on the bottom. When you bake with a sheet pan, it sometimes pops so when I heat up the oven, once before it gets to a temperature, it makes this bang that shakes the whole house. Apparently, there was some kind of fix order, but they’re still going back and forth with me about whether to fix it or how they’re gonna fix it. I contacted their service company and someone came out to take a look at it. It was a younger guy and he said that it's the way the metal is and there’s not really a fix for it.

Then they called me and said that he wasn’t advised of what the fix was at that time and that they have to send somebody back out because the holidays are coming quickly and I still have a stove that doesn’t work. I can still use the stove, but I can’t pull my racks out of my oven, which I’m used to doing when cooking. If I have to take the pan out, the racks do not line up right, so I can’t take them out. I’m constantly reaching into a hot stove and it’s a hazard.

On the other hand, their reps are very courteous and they’re great. It’s easy to get someone on the phone, they make appointments, and they have certified people that can come out to fix it, but the process is very slow. I wish they would move a little bit quicker when it comes to service considering the amount of money that I paid for this thing. I expect top-of-the-line service and at this point, my issue should be resolved. Other than that, I would still recommend Viking and it’s still my favorite brand. The stove works quicker than any other stove. It boils water in 60 seconds and it’s unreal. It’s almost too powerful to the point where I had to relearn how to cook. I was burning things initially because I couldn’t get over how strong it is.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

We bought the Viking stove through Setzer's and as a part of getting that, we also got a dishwasher. It was a deal they had going on. But the dishwasher has a gasket down the side which slid down and got bent. So we contacted Setzer's and told them, and they contacted Viking. It was really strange though. They sent us a note saying that someone was gonna come out and I thought it was crazy. They were coming out to put a gasket on, which was something that I feel like we could do. But okay. They could do whatever they wanted to do.

But when the guy came from Viking, his work order said that we had a gas leak and that was why they came. It was really strange. I told him we didn't have a gas leak and that we just needed the plastic gasket piece. He said he he was gonna order it but it’s been three weeks and we still haven’t gotten it. So I probably need to check on it. That aside, he was super nice and really helpful. He even showed us a few things about the stove that we didn’t realize it could do.

And even with that, I would absolutely recommend Viking. It has always been my husband’s dream stove. He’s a builder and when he would build upscale houses, they always seemed to have Viking appliances. So when we were building our house, that was his thing. If it was possible, he really wanted the huge six-burner Viking stove. Viking is definitely a pricier stove but it’s worth the money. The quality is good, and the unit is beautiful and substantial. We love it, particularly the six burners on the cooktop. You can have plenty of things going at one time, and that makes it easy.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Very bad experience with Viking Designer Electric Range. All the burners of this Electric Range got bad one by one. We bought full set of kitchen appliances from Viking in 2012 December and nothing is satisfactory! Not a choice out there in terms of tech repair. We have to always call Executive Appliance and repair is very costly including parts! Me and my husband repent for our bad decision to go with Viking Appliances! Microwave’s door opener broke and now it’s not warming up and tech says that it will cost $600 to get it repaired. We give it???

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Viking's reputation is certainly solid, and from looking at their reputation and their reviews, I thought that they might be the best one. I bought a Viking range from Nebraska Furniture Mart in Des Moines, Iowa six months ago. But it took a while before we got it as we waited for the installation. The installers did a good job though. We also had an issue with the unit but that was because we didn't read the directions as well as we should've had. We didn't clean the unit up first and we had a smelly oven. But they sorted it out for us and our interaction with the customer service team was good. That aside, the quality is excellent and overall, the Viking range performs much better than our previous one. I'd certainly tell others to check Viking out.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

We went to a home remodeling show and we liked the way Viking Ranges looked. Aside from that, it was a pro stove with a high performance. We were buying a whole kitchen worth of appliances and the guy that helped us at the Viking dealer was very helpful in picking out all the different models and various other things we wanted to get. He had some good ideas and suggestions about things, so it was all good.

We love the quality of the range but the oven igniters kept turning off by themselves, so we had to do a warranty claim. I called Viking directly and they had someone out. Half an hour later, he was done. The igniters were off location and the guy bent them. He knew what he was doing and he also pointed out that one of the four rubber mounting buttons was missing on the grill tops. He told us to call Viking and they would send us a new one for free. He did more than what he was supposed to do. The experience with Viking was all positive and if you can afford it, you should get it.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I had a Viking range in a prior house for many years and liked it. It has been great. So, when my husband wanted a gas range and I was looking for a more professional one, we bought a Viking again. We liked the look and the functionality of it. I also like the griddle part which is a nice new feature of it. And the rebate process was really simple, too.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Friends who had Viking in the past had good things to say. But it was the quality and the nice looks of it that made me decide to go with them. However, I was surprised that the hinges on the door had to be replaced so soon. The oven is about three and a half years and their warranty was only three years. The dealer was great though. When they called, they were engaged and got back to me right away. The oven is great. It has a good temperature and it feels very durable. Overall, I had a good experience with Viking. I'll definitely call them again if I ever should.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I had a Viking for 24 years and it worked for a long time. I never had any problems with them so that was good. I remodeled the kitchen and I now have a range so it’s getting used to having one oven below instead of two small ovens off to the side. I ordered it online and it worked out fine.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

The Viking range is a great product and most of all, they have great customer service. I had some problems with the first Viking range from the beginning when we bought it. But things like that happen and the way it was handled was very good. Overall, the experience in terms of the customer service, getting everything done and changing the range was excellent. They listened and paid attention to the problem that I told them we had with the range. And they acted on it. That aside, the quality is very good. I like the style and the look of the product and my favorite feature is the oven. I did not have the convection oven before and I like that I can have both features now, conventional and convection, as well as the different settings. Whenever I cook or bake, it comes out better.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Viking is a great product. It was for the home that I built and sold as the people there wanted higher-end appliances, and it was a brand new one.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I love to cook. My next-door neighbor used to be a head chef for a French restaurant in New York City and she has a Viking. So I was looking at getting one. At the time, I was also looking at Wolf and an Italian stove. But the guy at the Appliances Connection down in New Jersey talked me into buying the Viking. I heard that Viking had some issues back and he convinced me that those issues had been resolved. So I believed him and I bought it. But I've been frustrated a little bit because it came not working. The small stove would ignite but it would go out and it would keep trying to ignite over and over again. I called Viking and I registered it, but she told me they didn't have anyone who repairs it in our area. I told her my next-door neighbor has a stove and that I'd ask her. But the woman said no and never followed through with getting someone to repair it.

However, the people I bought this stove from, Appliances Connection, stepped up and found a repairman. They organized the repair and now it is fixed. I'm very happy. But someone needs to talk to Viking's service department rep. Other than that, the quality of my Viking range is fantastic and the cooking capacity is awesome. I would recommend it.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

We were deciding on Wolf and Viking, but we chose Viking because of the reputation, quality, and the offers they put in there at Best Buy. Those made it easy for us to make a decision. The sales reps were very great and knowledgeable. They knew what they were doing and gave us so much options. I love the range. However, I've never used the griddle yet because I need to clean first and make it shiny but there were still some residue coming up. Other than that, anybody can go closing their eyes and they can buy the Viking. It's very good quality-wise.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I’m a foodie who cooks and I’ve been wanting a Viking range for more than 20 years. There are foodies who eat and wanna go to fancy places, but I’m the cooking kind. The quality of my Viking products is outstanding and insanely amazing. I like the quality of the Viking range and the infrared broilers of the oven. So far, my absolute favorite is my TurboChef oven. It cooks 15 times as fast as usual and that’s really good for a working person.

The interactions that I had with Plessers, the Viking dealer that I bought the products from, was not as good though. One of the reasons that I went to that store was because Appliance World, the place that I would have gone to which was near to my home, only had a Viking two-year warranty. I wanted an extended warranty for at least 10 years, but they didn’t offer that. Appliance World is a topnotch store and I went there several times asking my questions, although I knew I wasn’t gonna buy the Viking products there because they didn’t offer the extended warranty. I bought the Viking products at Plessers because they threw in the extended warranty. I knew that if we got something, they would be very generous with the extended warranty. If they didn’t absorb it, they would do something kinder. But they didn't know the product that well, so I had to make myself very aware.

I had read a lot about Viking's products and I also called Viking to ask my questions. I bought a 40-inch range, double ovens with the TurboChef, and a refrigerator. I also got two free microwaves even though I only needed one. But we have not always had great luck with those things, so having a spare is not a bad thing. If one of them breaks, I would have a replacement. Viking had a promotion and depending on what I spent, I got something free. I could get a free dishwasher or any of the four models of microwave free as well. With what I was buying, I could get two microwaves. But Plessers was not very aware of the Viking promotion. They were aware that I could get a free dishwasher, but they were not aware that I could get two free microwaves. They kept trying to give me a dishwasher and I didn’t want it because it's a European product and doesn’t have heated drying, and that’s not helpful.

Another thing was that after we ordered the appliances and paid for them well ahead of when they were placed because they were brand new, we took out three rooms and made a big kitchen. So, there was a lot of construction going on, but the appliances were the easiest thing for me to pick out and the tile and other items were much harder. When the kitchen had been designed, but still on paper, and I was with the kitchen designers and the contractor, I called Plessers up and I told them that if I buy an Advantium speed oven, which is a quarter of the price of a Viking TurboChef, it also acts as microwave. I asked them whether the TurboChef also did that and they said that it definitely does.

At the last minute, however, after the kitchen design was done, I gave Viking a quick call and asked them that question again because I was not so comfortable with Plessers. Vikings said that the TurboChef does not function as a microwave, but I can get a free microwave. So, that was a hassle because the kitchen design had to be changed. I told our contractor to figure that out and it was done, but it shouldn’t have gone that way. The Plessers guys should have known what they were doing. I’m sure they took a Viking class, but they didn’t do their homework.

On the other hand, when I was worried about some of the stuff that I had read on the TurboChef such as its breaking, a young woman at Appliance World told me that a lot of that was because people were not upgrading their electrical systems, circuit box or electric lines for this appliance which sucked in a lot of power. So, they were shorting it out and that was the main problem. I was impressed that this young lady popped that off on top of our head. She said they had that problem in the beginning too, until they realized that they couldn’t use the same electrical system for this appliance as everybody else did for other appliances. Appliance World is a huge and gorgeous store. I roamed around there for a good hour and the staff was really nice. They have kitchens set up all over the place and they can demonstrate things for the customer.

Viking itself and Appliance World were great. The staff at Plessers was really nice too and they could not have been nicer. Also, the appliances that we got from them were so great. But we had a disappointing buying experience with them. They need an education course on the Viking appliances because if they’re gonna sell things that are this high-end and expensive, they need to know what they’re talking about, but they didn’t. Nevertheless, I would tell people to buy Viking if they can.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

We purchased a newly built home and had all Viking appliances installed. The range puts out good heat but the oven is definitely malfunctioning. It cycles every minute no matter what temperature you set it to so if I am baking something that takes 2 hours, I'll hear the igniter click and the flame come on over 100 times. I don't know if it's because the flame is reigniting so often but the smell of gas is so strong. Also, the door gets so hot you can't even touch it without wearing an oven mitt.

All of these make me afraid to use the oven. I called Viking and they've sent out the same repair person twice who told me that the cycling every minute is normal and the door is supposed to get hot because heat radiates. I understand heat radiates but it shouldn't get so hot you can burn yourself. What happens if children accidentally get close to the oven? I also don't understand why for a supposed high end oven, the temperature can't be maintained for more than a minute when the flame goes out before it reignites again. And since it's cycling every minute no matter what temp you set it to and regardless if you leave the oven door closed for 2 hours (yes, we tested it with the door closed for 2 hours to make sure we weren't losing heat from opening the door), it doesn't seem like the cycling is temperature related at all.

When I call Viking, they tell me this is NOT normal and a repair person needs to come out to make adjustments. They've sent the same repair person twice who insists this is normal. I called again today and asked for a different company. The same person has been scheduled to come out tomorrow, who'll likely tell me again that this is what I have to get use to with this oven.

This oven is a hazard. You'll either be afraid to use it or you'll end up burning yourself or inhaling carbon monoxide fumes. I had to turn the oven off yesterday because I got a terrible headache from the fumes. I am writing this to advise everyone to not buy a Viking. Also, now it is documented that these issues existed in the event something bad happens.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

My husband is a cook and this is our last house. He wanted his kitchen like how he wanted it so he bought a Viking range and the dealer was fabulous. The overall quality of the range is fabulous too and I like its ease of use.

Viking expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Viking was founded in 1987 when it became the first major manufacturer to offer professional-grade appliances for home users. Its first appliances went into production in 1990 at its (then) newly opened headquarters in Greenwood, Missisippi, where the company remains to this day.

• Industrial heritage: Viking's focus on professional-grade standards provides users with high-quality appliances that offer powerful features for cooking large meals, either at home or in a business.

• Rangetops: Viking offers one of the most extensive product lines for range tops and cooktops.

• Stainless steel: Viking is almost exclusively dedicated to stainless steel construction, giving consumers who prefer that aesthetic appeal a wide range of choices for finding different fits and finishes.

• Double units: Viking has the largest number of options for users seeking double ovens and double cook tops.

• Authorized dealers: Users who buy from authorized local dealers enjoy extensive and convenient warranty and technical support.

• Best for: Users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs