toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Viking Ranges

Thank you for sharing your Viking experience. We are so happy to hear that you love your range.

Original review: June 2, 2017

When we were searching for a range, some people were trying to sell me Wolf, Thermador, and Bertazzoni. There were some other brands they were telling me and I didn’t like what I was hearing. They were also telling me not to buy Viking but I stuck with my plan to either buy Wolf or Viking. I looked at Wolf first but then I didn’t like what some people were telling me about Wolf. They have good equipment but the price was extremely high. Then I found a guy who was willing to negotiate the prices so I decided to go with Viking. He did a really great job. He brought out all kinds of brochures that he had and gave it to me for me to look into it. I'm gonna go back to his place because we are also interested in buying a refrigerator and we want to go with Viking. My wife and I are really happy with the Viking equipment that we bought. Everything’s working very well and we love that. Viking is the best.

The Viking Range makes me feel like a Master Chef... In 30 years and many gas ranges, this is the best range we have ever had. We had a minor service problem with our grill and gas broiler which was immediately taken care of without charge. The service department was by far the best I've dealt with in my experiences with other companies. We are going to be moving soon and I will get another Viking - The Best Gas Range Ever!!!

I was a little intimidated by this range coming from my flat top electric. But, it's easy to use. It's accurate, the oven heat up quickly. My only qualms are that there is no audible tone when the oven has preheated and there is no clock and/or timer. It's a beautiful piece of equipment though.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have a 6 burner dual fuel in TX and a 30" gas Viking in Seattle. Love cooking on both! The temperature control on all burners is far superior to the Dacor we gave away. Even heat in the oven is great for baking.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a problem with my door. I was given Absolute Parts Repair as the service agent. I have ZERO complaints about them (especially Brandi ** who was an absolute delight to work with!!) BUT I have 2 complaints about Viking Parts Service. It took more than ONE MONTH to get the new door to fix my brand new stove. I finally called directly and talked to a gentleman who said my part should ship in 2 business days. IT DID NOT, in fact there was no "part" but rather the next time I called Viking Parts directly, I was told that they were manufacturing a whole new door. The second experience was good with Melody **. She kept me up to date and watched my order but honestly ONE PLUS MONTH for a part?? Luckily my kids have moved out but to not have an oven for more than one month is not acceptable as far as I am concerned.

We just bought the Viking 5 series. The grate started flaking when I first used it and left black flakes on the stove. And to make it worse the stove discolors with just the most basic use and it requires serious scrubbing to get the grime off the stainless steel part around the burner. This is absolutely not what I expected when I paid over $3500 for this cooktop range.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I did a lot of research on the internet on various high-end stoves and I looked to see about the problems with repairs. I knew that Viking was having a lot of issues before it was bought out a few years ago, but I saw that they had redone a lot of the parts and re-designed them. Their newer reviews were fine, too. They were pretty similar to the other high-end stoves. So, my wife decided Viking was the one she liked the most based on the way it looked.

However, there was a scratch which was fairly deep on the stove door. It was installed about a month ago and I didn’t notice until right after the installers left. I was looking at the back of the stove when they took it off the truck. So I called up the store and sent them a picture right away. They acknowledged that it was obviously a problem because it's not caused by me. I suggested they just send me a door and I would replace it myself as it is easy to install. I would just send them the old one if they wanted to. But Viking wouldn’t do that for some reason. They sent me a whole new stove.

We also got side trim because we have a stone countertop that didn’t have a perfectly straight edge. The side trim makes the stove look like a slide-in type range. We couldn’t use the screws to install the side trim because they stick out and we can’t fit in a normal countertop within a 30-inch distance. It was kind of odd, but it’s no big deal. We just used the side trim and laid it in there, and it worked fine. Other than those, everything's fine. My wife is happy with the Viking stove. She loves it. We like the top of the stove the most. Also, when I had a question about how to remove the lower grate, the Viking rep answered the question right away.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Viking range I have is really, really good so far. And my wife would probably say that the oven is what she liked best. It works great. We set it and it does its job. The dealers were friendly and very knowledgeable. Everything went well. With the exception of Pacific Sales that sold them to us, they were the worst people in the history of mankind. But Viking itself was great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I thought Viking was a good and well-made product so I picked it over others. The reps in the store were great. They were very knowledgeable. I love that the shelves roll out but I don’t think the heat’s accurate. I had to keep another thermometer inside as I cook. The overall experience was pleasant but the range is just okay, not great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I heard Viking Ranges are the best of the best so I bought them. I like that the range heats up my food and makes simple food. Great quality, too. The installers were really sweet and nice, as well. One of my stoves couldn’t come out so they helped me get it out and put the new one in. And it's a great experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I bought the house, a Viking range was already here. I had to have a repair done on it and they quickly put me in touch with the service repair person in my area. They seem very professional. The repair person then came out and replaced the door because it’s not shutting correctly. He then told me to use the self-clean feature because that would warp the door and burn off the electricals. The quality of this range is good overall, and the big gas burner in the middle is my favorite.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

First issue: Self Cleaning never worked. Wiring problem. Had to pay out of pocket. Second issue: Turned on the self cleaning this morning on the large oven and the inside glass blew up inside. Thank goodness I was home. Scary when an upscale appliance goes south. Anyone had that happen? Please advise.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband did his research online about the stoves and he surprised me with a Viking for my 50th birthday. He bought it at Ferguson and had a wonderful experience with the saleswoman. He was told it was an updated version of the stove and it fit perfectly into our space. We're in a walk-up and the installation team, the two gentlemen that came and delivered, did a hell of a job. Everything went so smoothly.

The stove is wonderful and beautiful. Plus, I love that the knobs have not only low, medium, high, but low medium. Because when you're doing a recipe, it goes medium low. So I like that it has more temperature points than just low, medium, high. However, the booklet was talking about how to broil and to make sure to use the broiling pan, and I was disappointed that the stove didn't come with a broiling pan. I assumed there'd be one. I would have kept the one from my GE stove, but I threw it out. Also, after using nonprofessional stoves my whole adult life, I'm having a hard time getting used to a stove that doesn't have a timer. I'm getting better with it but it's a weird change. But overall, the service and the product are excellent.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used an online Viking dealer to purchase the range and the sales was very good. But the dealer sent out a really bad delivery crew and it cost a whole set of headaches. They sent the wrong person to do the installation and left a scratch on the floor. I've been using my Viking range for six months and I like the look of it. However, it makes a large banging noise every time I turn on the oven and they told me that it's normal. Also, it's a product that's so expensive but we've already had one issue where two of the burners didn't light. So they came and fixed the burners within a week. Their customer service team was fantastic and I had a really good experience with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Aside from the Viking name, the range's value would add to our property in the kitchen. So far, I’ve been very satisfied with their product. It’s basic, not over the top and gimmicky like some of the other ovens have. It’s a good looking piece of equipment that works really well so far. I called the customer support when I had issues with it. They’re professional. They gave me a number for their local dealer out here and I called them up. Viking themselves have done a really good job and then the contractor is satisfactory as far as my dealings with them.

I got two burners that don’t work and I’m still waiting for them to come back. Someone already came out to see what the issues were, ordered some parts and they’re coming next week. These two burners haven’t been working for about two months now. But it’s sure it’s going to get fixed this week. So far I’ve been happy with everything that works on it because other than the two burners it works great. The even heating in the oven is the one I’m most happy with. The quality is exactly what I expected.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer
I've known about Viking from friends who used to have it in their houses and I got a Viking range because of its appearance and quality. It looks nice and works as expected. It’s still pretty new and I haven’t used it too much. But i's been a positive experience so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’ve owned three Viking Ranges before and it’s less expensive than a Wolf. For the dollar, the quality's okay. I would probably have a different type of seal around the burner, a different oxider paint on the grating on the top, a more commercial look or feel to it as well as the balance of internal oven temperature to change its quality. But I like that it’s got a good clean look from the front appearance and its ability to find different configurations on the top burner versus flat top versus grill.

Right now, I’m waiting 16 days for a service from the dealer for fulfillment on it. The hinges on the oven door are not working properly. They’ve passed me off to a secondary person, which is from elite to American which is their repair install group. Also, the first Viking fridge that I bought did not hit temp ever and it took over a week to get back up. I also bought a Viking refrigerator drawer set that as "full and brand new box set," and it broke down, and they would not repair it. It was too expensive for the warranty to work, so they wanted to credit me back my money. It was a poor experience with their dealer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My wife got a superb deal on the Viking range that we bought. It was an open box-deal and we got it for less than half the normal price. Also, I like the shape, it looks good and it goes with the industrial look that we wanted to put in out kitchen. And the reps answered the questions I had and gave me the answers I was looking for. But there are some things that I would have changed on the range if I've known it, but we did not have much choice when we bought this thing. For example, it's difficult to tell when the oven has reached a certain temperature. There's a little blue light but it goes on and off anyway. So we're going to have to invest in another thermometer so we know what's the right temperature. But I'm satisfied with what the range does. It's a good product and it has a good reputation.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I moved in November and I wanted a gas stove. So I found a plumber to put the gas line in and I was either going to buy a Viking or a Wolf. But I read reviews and decided on Viking. I purchased the range from a small store and everyone there was extremely friendly, extremely knowledgeable and very happy to show me all of the wonderful features. They were fantastic and made sure I was happy. I also love the range. It's the best stove. The burners go all the way down to a tiny steamer and that's one of my favorite features. I love the telescopic shelves in the oven, too. I have some back issues and with the way they pull out, it's easier for me to get things in and out.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've known about Viking Ranges for years and the looks, styling and performance were the reasons I chose them. The quality has been okay, and it's like everything else wherein you have problems. I went in, told the dealer what I wanted, and they shipped a new range to me. The cook top is very good and cooks evenly. However, I would like the black knobs to be an option again. I've had several occasions where I ordered the black knobs and, this is the third time now, they came in all damaged. I would have expected that experience to be a little bit cleaner. When I spend that kind of money on something, I expect it to be absolutely perfect, but it wasn't. Someone I know said that Viking is high end, luxurious and appealing. I've got other Viking appliances and in my experience, their ovens are extremely powerful and accurate and that's one of the things that I enjoy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We went into a showroom and we had a choice between Wolf and Vikings. I didn’t like the way the Wolf looks and I like where the griddle is on the Viking so I chose it. The reps were very nice and helpful. I had a service called on the range before I had it installed and they came out right away. It looks good.

Viking Ranges

We appreciate your feedback. Viking is always looking for ways to improve, whether it is on the product itself or training with our dealers.

Original review: June 22, 2017

I've known Viking forever and I bought the range because of the brand. I like the look and the construction. Its quality is good. But when I bought it three years ago, the person I had spoken with wasn't very knowledgeable.

Viking Ranges

We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying range. We are truly sorry to hear of the issues that you are having with your dishwasher. If in the future you have any issues please contact our customer care department at 800-241-9152 so that we can assist.

Original review: June 20, 2017

Viking Ranges popped up as being nearest to my house when I did an online search. I like the brand. The stove is great, reliable and is a beautiful piece. They’re known for that but unfortunately, that’s the only thing they’re known for. I have the hood on top of the vent but it stopped working so, I called them. The customer service was very short. When some guy came out, he said that he had to change the whole part and he was going to overcharge me for something. But I was able to fix it by myself and it was just a loose wire. I grabbed a screwdriver, took it apart, took the thing out and then was able to put the wire back in place and now it works fine. It was pretty evident what was going on where it was a failure in the switch but they tried to scam me and make me buy a whole new piece which is ridiculous to me.

I also have a Viking dishwasher and I figured that they could fix it. The technicians came out, was very nice and he did his best trying to fix the problem. He accomplished it ‘cause the dishwasher started working again but it was for half a day. The next day it stopped working and continued to be clogged. When I called back the technician to see if he could come back and repair it again, he never showed. He said he would call back and see if he would reappear but he never did. Eventually, I stopped calling him and I had to call a new place. I had to pay for somebody who will fix everything that the Viking technician wasn't able to fix. I was charged twice to get the repair.

After that, I was reading reviews online and thought I should’ve gone with the different dishwasher. Viking doesn’t seem to have a very reliable dishwasher. The dishwasher is terrible. It keeps breaking down, flooding, it’s not easy to use, and it’s a disaster. On the whole, Viking is known for being exceptional and I have no complaints with the stove. It's phenomenal and it always works out great. But I would totally advise others to buy a different brand of dishwasher.

Bought an induction range from Viking in 2007... terrible experience... Actually I think they replaced some parts that were within the warranty period, with some persuading, but after the third time it broke in 4 years we decided just to throw it away and get a conventional range.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I liked the looks of the Viking range and the sales rep was knowledgeable. He knew what he's talking about and he also gave me a good deal. The range works and I like it. But if I were to change anything about it, I would put a clock and a timer on it but the quality is pretty good. I also like the double ovens and having a smaller oven. It cooks better, too.

Viking Ranges

Viking is truly sorry to hear of the issues that you are having with you hood. We will have a customer care representative contact you shortly to get your information and see how we can assist.

Original review: June 16, 2017

Initially, I bought the Viking hood from Bells Appliances because it was beautiful, but now, I'm sorry. Since it was installed, there was a part missing and the vent is not working correctly. The first time I used my kitchen, my whole kitchen was full of smoke because the smoke just kept lingering and it didn't even get exhausted out. The hood is broken and now I am waiting for over three weeks for a part that has not been installed correctly. So it has been a horrible experience. I'm so disappointed and I will never buy a Viking hood again.

Viking Ranges

Based on the fact that the unit has been out of our possession for 7 years we cannot determine that this is a manufacturing defect and not something that happened during that time period. Viking does not sell extended warranties however we did provide the dealer a 90 day warranty. This warranty was provided so that they had the ability to sell you an extended warranty thru another company. Your dealer should be able to assist you with an extended warranty.

Original review: June 14, 2017

At first, when my Viking range was installed, the installers pushed it too far back and the cord broke when it got pinched between the gas line and the stove. When I was ready to clean it, the main big oven never shut off. It's like it never got to the heating temperature and it just heated well exceedingly. So it burns up the igniter and some other part because the oven got too hot. I couldn't even touch the stainless steel on top of the stove. I'd washed the whole thing like I was supposed to and then I'm supposed to run the oven at 450 degrees for an hour to an hour and a half to burn everything out. And I found out that it got so hot and it would work until it melted everything.

The Monarch people came and replaced the cord but it still didn't work. So the Viking rep came out, replaced the cord with a Viking approved one and replaced some other parts but it still didn't work. Two weeks ago, he came back out again, replaced some more parts and then ignited it. It didn't work, it didn't shut the heat down and then he started looking at the wiring and he found that the wire that was connected to the knobs was connected to the wire to the griddle and vice versa. So when we turn the oven on, it thought it was heating the griddle but was never getting heated so that's why the oven never shut off. He fixed those two wires that were crossed and then the oven started working again. But that night, we were starting the oven and then the igniter kept shutting itself off. It would try and ignite after five times and then it just quit. So, we're still trying to get it fixed and he scheduled to come back again to look at that.

This has been going on since the Viking range was delivered to our house. I am nearing two months that we've had the stove and it's still not working properly. It seems that even have they not pinched the cord, because of the wiring issues which we didn't know about, the oven would have still done the same thing. It just happened to be something that happened that we thought might have caused the problem while in retrospect, it didn't. When we bought it, it was a floor model and we knew that. However, we did not know at the time, we didn't ask and they didn't disclose, that it was seven years old so, there was no warranty on it. I've got all the emails from them that states everything they're saying they asked their Viking reps and Viking is not really standing behind the product because it was a seven-year-old floor model. That would make a big difference in our decision to purchasing.

When we bought this stove, we were offered at the time an extended warranty for five years for $400. We thought that it's a Viking stove and we're paying $8,000 for it. It should have the factory warranty so we chose not to buy the additional warranty. But then, when we started having problems with it right away from day one, I wanted to buy the additional warranty. I asked if it is too late to do it because we were not told that this Viking stove is seven years old and we wanted to protect ourselves. And I found out that they should never have offered us the extended warranty because the stove was over five years old, that it was their mistake to offer us that warranty and that we cannot get any Viking warranty because of the age of the stove. It sounds ridiculous to me because it's still a brand new stove.

But they have been paying for all the repairs because I went online and I registered the Viking product. They gave me a 90-day warranty for doing that. I'm trying to get everything done within this 90 day because after that and if we have issues, I don't know what we're gonna do. I'm sure that the repair person is in contact with Viking because that's how he's getting paid. So now, my husband and I feel that when it was put together, the manufacturer miss-wired it.

Also, I strongly feel that especially because there was manufacturer problem in the range and because it sat for seven years, it would have been a problem they would have had with ranges sold seven years ago. So, personally, I feel like we should have more warranty because I don't know that we're gonna have everything that could happen, happen in 90 days. But I told them that I'm not paying a dime to repair the stove and if it can't get fixed, then they can take it back and I want my money back.

My experience has not been great. I feel like Viking is dropping the ball with standing behind their product as the manufacturer. But I don't know if they know that the wiring issues were their fault. Whoever put the stove together made a mistake. Between the stove and the hood, we've spent $10,000 so we're not talking about a $1,500 stove. I've been very patient, I sent numerous emails and I'd let Monarch know what happened and where we stand. I'm not happy and I feel like we need to have a warranty. But their stand is they can't offer us any warranty that Viking won't back.

All in all, if we can ever get it working properly, we can use the small oven but not the big one. It's my husband and me right now so it hasn't been an issue but if we have a dinner party, it would be. Also, I am a little concerned that I'm only getting a 90-day warranty, I'm two months into this, I still don't have a working stove and what's gonna happen at the end of the next 30 days because it was faulty wiring which caused all the damage to my stove. The repair guy is out at South Lake Tahoe and I live in Sparks, Nevada so it's an hour and 20-minute drive for him. He only goes to the Reno-Sparks area on Thursdays. So he'll come out on Thursday and then if there are issues after he leaves, then he's not coming back 'till the following Thursday. I thought he was gonna come last Thursday and he didn't put me on the schedule. So I have to wait until this Thursday and it's eating up my time.

I have gotten nowhere because I'm always the third party person dealing with Viking. The repair person talked to Viking, Monarch talked to their Viking reps and I haven't had anybody from Viking contact me to talk to me about my issues. I told Monarch that if this can't be resolved, I'm returning it and I want a full refund. If I have issues, then I will contact the appropriate department. They need to make this right. I'm trying to be very reasonable and I'm starting to get to the point where I'm not gonna be. I am one of those people that try and work with everybody. Things happen and it doesn't do any good to get all upset. It's not the sales person's fault. But I'm starting to get to the point where frustration is starting to set in. But we love the range and the parts that are working. We love everything we've used on the stove, the small oven and the broiler.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We just got a new home here in Denver and they came with Viking appliances. I like the use of the gas range and the fact that I’ve got not only the four burners but the central burner too which is used for keeping things warm. We’re just beginning to use the stove a few times, and the refrigerator is in constant use. I had a bit concern though because we weren’t getting any ice. The problem was, it wasn’t hooked up properly. I had a representative come out here and turn it on and make sure it was hooked up properly. Otherwise, everything’s fine.

Viking Ranges

Thank you for sharing your experience with your Viking range. We are so happy to hear how much you love your range.

Original review: June 12, 2017

The developer of the house I was building in South Carolina chose Viking appliances and I was thrilled when that was the choice. They're so well built and top of the line. Thus far, I've had time to play with my Viking Range. With my oven, there is an option to use either standard baking or convection. And so, the popovers that I usually make are ready in half the time and they are perfect. Since having the Viking Range, the adjustable oven racks and the fact that the range has six burners have been my favorite features. It has exceeded my expectations.

Viking Ranges

Thank you for your question. We will have a customer care representative contact you to get your unit information to see how we can assist.

Original review: June 11, 2017

We are at 7000 ft altitude. We have a altitude adapter. However, the btu generated is very subpar. I cannot get a rolling boil on even the largest burner. I wonder if anyone else at altitude has had this problem.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Viking Ranges were at the store that we went to. We talked to a Viking rep and also to the salesman and our experience was very pleasant. They were very knowledgeable about the product. We got the six-burner range and we liked the size of the range and the burners. The quality is also very good. I like the convection oven because I’ve never had one. The range is everything we wanted it to be. It’s very easy to use and easy clean.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I knew about Viking Ranges long ago from listening to my clients. After pricing the products towards the end of the year, Viking had a better promotion. I picked the range that I wanted online, went in, and paid for it. My favorite about it is its easiness of use, though I had expected more with the range’s quality for the price that I spent on it. But everything was perfect with Viking. They were also very good about sending someone to fix the range when one of the burners wasn’t working. It took them a couple of weeks to send somebody out.

Viking Ranges Company Profile