3.88/5
Based on 343 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Recognized for their exceptional products, Viking provides free standing ranges, range tops, ovens, refrigeration of all kinds, and much more. They have re-engineered their products and they are better than ever. You can now own these products that were previously available only in commercial kitchens. Since partnering with The Middleby Corporation over two years ago, they’ve shifted their culture to ensure their products, quality, and service are the best out there. With numerous products to choose from, you’ll find exactly what you’ve been looking for.

Viking Gallery (6)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: May 23, 2018

1091 Viking Ranges Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 22, 2018

Viking has quality in its name and it was on sale at the store so I bought a stove that is a combination convection and a radiant oven. The quality of the construction is good and the oven works well, but the durability of the trim and details is poor. The grates have a little rubber piece that plugs into the bottom of it that separates from the range-top that it sits on and those have started falling out.

I called Viking and they said that those were only covered by a 90-day warranty. I was pretty displeased about that. I talked to managers there and they wouldn’t stand behind their product so it left a pretty sour taste in my mouth. I thought that they needed to take this seriously. I was shocked by their willingness not to stand behind the three months when this company has such a good brand reputation. And no one seemed to really care about it. I never felt that they were really well tuned in to the customer.

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I've known about Viking Ranges for as long as I can remember. I went with them as they seemed to be the right fit for me in terms of power of the stove top and availability of an electric oven. I'm quite happy with the one I have so far. I like the size, the power of the burners, and the griddle. The reps were quite helpful too. I called once just after it was installed because there was something I wasn't sure was normal, but they gave me helpful advice about how to adjust it.

Original review: May 19, 2018

Viking is a well-known name and I made the assumption that since it was extremely expensive, it would be good. The good part is that it's nice looking, it heats up quick and it functions well. Unfortunately, we have a warranty repair situation that's still ongoing. The oven has a cooling fan which is quite aggressive, so anytime the oven goes on, there's a fan that blows air from behind the oven to keep the electronics cool, so it really throws off a lot of heat. The problem is as the oven is warming up and/or cooling down, the cooling fan starts to make something in the oven rattle quite loudly. So at a certain point in time, it’ll start to rattle for about a minute and then as the oven warms up, the rattle will go away. You'll get the same thing on the cool down. After the oven is shut off, it’ll come on for some period of time.

We had the fan replaced under warranty last week and it didn’t fix the problem. But the store where I purchased the Viking put me in touch with the independent appliance repair place that would do the warranty work, and the repair place was prompt in doing their work. So my experience has been good except for the part that it's not fixed yet.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I am in the midst of a kitchen remodel. When searching for a range, Viking was definitely the brand at the top of my list. We were in Best Buy one afternoon for something unrelated. I went over to the range section of the store to browse, not knowing that Best Buy even carried Viking. As I walked through the aisles I noticed a white Viking Range. It was beautiful and fit my kitchen design perfectly. When we asked about the range, we were told it was returned by the customer, it didn't fit their design. So we purchased it immediately "out of box". Last week, my contractors brought it into our home and installed it. Right away, we realized it was not working properly.

We were told when we bought it, there was a two year warranty. I made a call to customer support. They patched me through to a technician who thought the issue was air in the gas line. We ran the range several times, following his instructions, and it still did not work. I called back to customer support and was told I had to register first and that takes 24 hours. I registered the range and called back the next day. I was then told the product was registered to someone else. The rep said he had to do some investigation and called me back.

Turns out my warranty is expired because the customer who returned the range registered it and this had occurred two years prior. That was their final answer and they did nothing to rectify my issue. So, now I sit here with a Viking range that does not work in my brand new kitchen. While we are pursuing Best Buy to resolve our issue, I feel that the "help" I receive with my issue was unacceptable, given the price and reputation of the product. I will never look at another Viking product.

Original review: May 18, 2018

My son has a Viking range and I also saw it in other homes. I was pleased with it and I got one, too. I went to a company that's a distributor of Viking Ranges and their reps were very good and patient, so I ordered from them. Their salesman was not having to win me, but he kept in touch with me and was very good. The range was installed a couple of months ago and I love its sturdiness. I like its quality and burners, too. Its features are really simple. However, they set the igniter too far away and it wasn't adjusted properly from the factory. So, I had to call them to adjust that and my experience went smoothly. I would recommend Viking Ranges.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Original review: May 17, 2018

We've been using Viking appliances for eight months and so far they have been okay. However, the oven was not working properly, which was a little disappointing given that it was brand new. We had it fixed and the guy who came out was good. I didn’t realize the appliances were registered, so when I needed someone to come out quickly to service the oven and I did the registration online, I needed to wait because the people that needed to accept the registration were gone for the day. It was a little disappointing that there wasn’t an automated process or extended hours because appliances are important and if they don’t work, it's hard to wait.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I learned about Viking Ranges from word of mouth from a friend. I chose them for their reputation. I've had the range for 2 months and I love the quality of the range -- especially the griddle. I would tell a friend to totally get it.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: May 15, 2018

I have several stainless steel parts that have completely rusted away. The written warranty clearly states a lifetime warranty against rust through on all stainless steel parts. I have had two people now tell me that lifetime means 10 years although that is not what the warranty States at all. It turns out the parts are also not available which means they would have to give me a full refund on the purchase price according to the warranty. They have currently asked for me to fax them more information, which the repair center has already done so I guess I will just do it again. I will update this when we see if they will honor their warranty or not.

Original review: May 15, 2018

The Viking refrigerator size fits really well into the already pre-sized area for a refrigerator in the house I purchased and the range was packaged with it. And I've cooked on the ranges before and they were good so I decided to buy one. But when I got it, it was broken and it took them about a month to repair it. The problem was the two of the valves weren't working. So if I had the gas on on the stove, it was constantly leaking gas so we had to keep the gas off all the time.

Viking's preferred vendor that they hooked up with me was just a nightmare. So everything just took a long time. Like the parts took a long time to come in so they took a long time to come. But they were able to have it fixed last week. It took them a week to come out and look at it, and then it took them almost two weeks for the part to come in. And then it took them another week to come and actually fix it.

But The customer service woman I spoke to was really nice. She'd provided me with tracking update and would call the company. I think it's just a matter of them getting a more reliable, certified Viking repair specialist because when you have to rely on one place, locally that doesn't seem to make your priority, that can get a little frustrating. But other than that, Viking themselves seemed to be pretty good in terms of their customer service, like being responsive to me. But if you spend almost $6,000 on a stove, it should probably come to your house working. And then your customer service is only as good as the people you have working with you, and partnering with you and I didn't think it was wonderful.

Viking Ranges response

Thank you for your review. Viking is always striving to improve upon our customer interaction and greatly appreciate you letting us know where we need improvement.

Original review: May 14, 2018

The Viking range is a known quality item. I've never purchased an appliance that's expensive as all this stuff is. Like if you're accustomed to buying an economy car, then you walk into the Rolls Royce dealership. Viking did a pretty amazing job explaining everything and it was a whole another level of service that I've never experienced in appliances before. They also sent over a wonderful service person who diagnosed everything and did a great job.

We have had the range for about two months and it seemed kinda cool. It doesn't have a lot of unnecessary garbage on it. It just has what you need and it does what it's supposed to do very quickly. It heats up quickly and makes the soup very quickly. My girlfriend loves it and she's the one who cooks. My girlfriend would recommend Viking Ranges. She was very impressed by the way you can take it apart and clean it, the different stages of the stove, and the pull-out drawer.

Original review: May 13, 2018

I wanted a high-end range and it was either Viking or Wolf. My sister-in-law had a Viking and liked it, so I thought I would try it. Dealing with the dealer was easy. I’ve only been using it a couple of weeks, but it's good and I really like the six-burner.

Original review: May 12, 2018

We had Viking in the past. It was something we became accustomed to and it really never gave us a bunch of problems. We decided to stay with something that we like and we got a Viking range. The Viking dealer was great. He was helpful, showed us the different products and features, and led us in the right direction. Our range is really nice, and I really like its portable griddle top.

Original review: May 11, 2018

We've always heard good things about Viking. Going back well over a decade ago, we started with one of their outdoor grills. And then, when we moved into our house and we went with one of their fridges. We had a spot for a 60-inch range, so we were looking at Viking and then one other brand. Everything looked pretty comparable and we had the fridge already and had good luck with that so we said, "You know what, let's just keep everything uniform and stick with Viking." The range cooks fast and it cooks nice. You don't get one corner of the oven at lesser temperature than the other. It produces really good results.

The customer service lady was so nice when I called. She knew what she was talking about and she knew what she was doing. It was quick and seamless.

We called their CS because in one of the ovens, it makes a big popping sound when it preheats. And then on the other oven, the door with the little automatic slow-close feature wasn't really working as well as the other one was. Their reps came out a week ago and they're ordering a new bottom panel because we found out there's a metal panel at the bottom of one of the ovens and that's what was popping as the metal is flexing as it's heating. We're waiting for them to call me, telling me the parts are in so they could come out and fix that and the door-close feature.

Viking Ranges response

Thank you for your review. It is always a pleasure to hear from customers who continue to choose Viking.

Original review: May 11, 2018

We needed a range that fits so we looked around and we heard of Viking. I looked in the store and I liked the look of the range. It was 25 inches deep which was the right size for our already built kitchen. It also had the right functionality. We saw several competitors whose second oven was way too small but Viking also had two good sized ovens in a 48-inch range. Plus, we’ve been pleased with the gas cooktop. It seemed to be much more efficient than our previous gas cooktops.

We used AJ Madison online and we went with them rather than locally for the speed of delivery. I want the range as soon as I could so my wife could start using the kitchen. They promised us delivery within 10 days. However, it still took 21 days. And then the problem was that they did not install at the same time of the delivery which was what I would asked them to do. So, we then had to have the range sitting on the metal screw unable to get it hooked up for nearly two weeks because they didn't install the legs properly on the range. It was potentially damaging the hardwood, and it was a truly terrible experience. The timing and the delivery experience was poor. Plus, we had to have someone come in and install the range instead. We were better off going with the local company after all.

There were other problems when it was installed like, aesthetically, the dials on the front of the range were not level, so they were all over the place. Another thing was the part hooked to the range underneath the oven was bent and so we had to have a replacement ordered. The oven doors were not level and they sloped off it that those in the left don’t want to slide down to the left. The right won’t slide down to the right. Also, within the oven, there was lots of the kind of ceramic coating that had already chipped off. So, we are having a replacement in the interior of the oven as well. We got to the point where we were wiping sharp ceramic shards. It has been three weeks now since we had the Viking technician out to look at the range and I’ve had no communication when they are going to come and fix it.

I contacted Viking two times trying to find someone who could help me install. It also took a week dealing with the Viking reps to get them to have a wise conversation. I found Viking to be very unresponsive. So I like the range itself and the quality would be very cool but it was awful for a $12,000 range. It has not been a great experience all way around.

Viking Ranges response

Thank you for letting us know how we can improve. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I wanted to upgrade my appliances so I purchased five Viking appliances. It is a well-known brand and the dealer is knowledgeable. The range is amazing but the others are average. When you turn on the burner it’s just so smooth.

Original review: May 9, 2018

We have an induction range and a microwave. The microwave is not user friendly, I can't read the timer, hate that the control pad is behind the door. It looks sleek but I wish I never bought it. The induction range - the burners barely do anything unless you put the control at Med, Hi or higher. The knobs wiggle and are loose. They sent me new knobs but that didn't fix the problem. The oven seems to work fine, but I would much prefer a digital readout because there is no really accurate control of the temperature.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I've had Viking for a month and we're not enjoying it since it was broken out of the box. The range has two igniters that aren’t working and two burners that aren’t adjusted correctly. So, we’re trying not to use it until it’s fixed. They had a guy out a week ago who said that they needed to order parts. And there’s been no ETA on when the parts are gonna be available or when the range is gonna be fixed. The Viking reps have been okay, but the problem’s been with the contracted service. We’re pretty disappointed.

Viking Ranges response

Thank you for letting us know of the issues that you are having. We have checked and the parts ordered for repair are shipping out today and will be to the servicer by Monday. Once received they will be able to set up the service appointment to complete your repair.

Original review: May 8, 2018

Problems with oven and burner not working: Range was purchased & installed. After the installer left one of the burners did not ignite. Called the store. They sent a service man to adjust, then it worked. The oven would not stay lit & had 2 servicemen out to check the problems. After the range was dismantled the problem was found (fan plugs not connected) & put back together. Not happy with the store that I purchased it from. NO help at all get problem resolved. Works ok now.

Viking Ranges response

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are truly sorry to hear that you had issues. We do appreciate you letting us know as we are always looking for ways to improve.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I have known about Viking products for probably a good 10 years. My own cleaning business and most of my clients are doctors or lawyers, a higher echelon of people and many of them have had Viking products. I wanted a good product and I wanted one that I could observe that I could slide into a spot and yet it’s flat and it doesn’t have a back on it. And when I was remodeling my kitchen that stove fit exactly what I wanted it to do. And because I know the quality I bought the stove and the refrigerator.

It’s an awesome product. I have not used the convection oven yet but I have used the oven. I don’t think it’s calibrated quite the way it should be. I had to put it on 375 to get 350 in temperature. One of the burners seems to be really slow. But I also noticed the front burner, which I normally use all the time has two highs on it. It has one on the left and one on the right. And I didn’t realize that until yesterday.

The temperature on the oven and this burner doesn’t seem to get hot very quickly. It takes a little longer. But I have to admit that my other stove that I had, which was a Maytag, I could never get it to be cool. It was hot all the way to low. But the salesperson was more than courteous and more than helpful and there isn’t a person that has walked in this house that hasn't said, “Oh my God. Your stove is incredible.” The appliances are beautiful. So go buy one if you can afford it. They’re rather expensive but they’re worth every penny as far as I’m concerned.

Original review: May 7, 2018

We went to the appliance section of Best Buy and we were looking at different kinds of range. And then that’s how we came up on the Viking. We read reviews on it. I heard that it would outlive me. The saleslady was really nice when I bought it and so far when I cook it’s like half the time. I didn’t know the burners are big. It’s awesome.

Original review: May 6, 2018

So far, I'm very pleased with the Viking gas range six burner that I purchased. I like the reliability of the range. As far as the oven, I like the quality and the fact that when I open one of the French doors with one hand, they both open. My only concern was the knobs on the range didn’t match the French door oven. The French door oven has the stainless knobs and my range has dark, smoky, shiny knobs. I was trying to get those changed out and I was told by my dealer that Viking wouldn’t change those out for me. Nonetheless, their reps were great. They did everything they could to help this be a good experience. So, I’m very pleased with them. I just wish I had better knobs. I would love to be able to change them so that they match.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Everybody talks about how good of a stove the Viking is. I just fell in love with the ranges. When I purchased it, I love the fact that it had the griddle in the middle. I never had a range like that. Plus the dealer was pleasant, straightforward and very helpful.

Original review: May 5, 2018

Seeing that this is my fourth change out on my Viking Range I think I am being generous with my one star rating. The range itself has been very disappointing since it has been the same reoccurring problem. But I will admit the service deserves a 4 star.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I have known about Viking Ranges growing up. Seeing them in houses, I’ve been really impressed with how they look. I’ve always wanted a Viking range and I did not know they also had a free-standing fridge that was huge. But, the free dishwasher was the main thing as to why I went with them over other companies. The Viking guy had to come up because we are at a different elevation, so he had to do something. When you turn it on underneath, it takes a little while to light up and I didn’t even notice that but he noticed it. Nevertheless, it looks beautiful and everything that we’ve put in it has been awesome so far. Also, the rep I dealt with was great. I knew what I wanted so she didn’t have to do too much. However, as soon as the first range was delivered, it was all banged up. The lady had it exchanged out within a week and really helped me out with those little things.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I have been using Viking products for a couple years now. However, one of the things that I’m having a problem with, and this is the second kitchen we put in, is it seems like every time I buy Viking, it comes in broken. Last 2012, we did the kitchen and the refrigerator came in and they had no compressor. I told them to take it back, but they wouldn’t take it back. So, I bought a rebuilt. They can fix it, but I tested that and then I was like okay. I supposed it was just bad luck. And then this time, I used it and the refrigerator came in broken again. So, I have a broken refrigerator there with the door that is not working.

Then, they got to come back and then the dishwasher got a bulk. As soon as the guy came out, I’m like, “What is wrong with you guys? Every time I get something from you guys, is it just my bad luck or what?” Out of four appliances, two of them broke. That is ridiculous. I also said that we do our kitchen every four years and I’m doing a kitchen down in Florida. That was to start this month and I’m behind and I told him I can’t be bringing in stuff that I know I got a way to get it fixed and I’m not there. I said I can’t do this. Nevertheless, everything else looks good. The Viking dealer was fine.

Original review: May 4, 2018

We had seen Viking ranges in different homes when we were looking to buy a home. So, when we decided to build a home, we wanted to go ahead with the Viking product because we did a lot of research and we thought it had a lot of good ratings and a lot of customers were happy with the product. We like the features on the Viking and the overall performance was really highly rated. Our builder sent us to the source that he uses, Galleria. It is in Picayune, Mississippi and we went to the store and purchased ours there. Glenda was the lady we dealt with and she was very accommodating, knowledgeable, and helpful. The quality of our range is very nice. We just moved into our new home. I have the owner’s manual sitting by my chair at night but I haven't read a whole lot. But what I’ve been using I’ve been enjoying.

Viking Ranges response

Viking is so happy to hear how much you lover your range. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Original review: May 4, 2018

When I walked into the showroom, the people were nice and I liked them. I went with Viking ranges because of the quality of the product and we like it a lot. We have the whole set -- the range, the refrigerator, the under cabinet microwave, dishwasher. All of it is easy to clean and they work well. The Viking dealer, Judy's Appliance, was also good. The only comment I have is I have a couple issues with my refrigerator. They came out and fixed it. But with the range itself, the one time I needed a service, it was supposed to have a five-year warranty on the burners, the one part was not covered under the warranty. So, why advertise a five-year warranty on the burners if they are not going to cover the burner part? Nevertheless, I recommend it to anybody.

Original review: May 3, 2018

My husband has always liked Viking. I replaced all of my appliances at my previous house three years ago because I also like the quality and the reliability. However, when I bought my first set of Viking appliances there was an issue with the dishwasher. It came without the kick plate. I had to communicate many times with the people at Pacific Sales and I ended up going through Viking directly to get the parts that I needed. It was really a great big headache. This time, there was an issue with the newest appliance which was the Viking stand-alone oven range. The door to the oven was not closing properly. I tried to get Pacific Sales to rectify the situation and I ended up going again directly through Viking because Pacific Sales is incapable of good service.

My favorite feature of the Viking range is the easy way that it cleans on the top which has the little magnetic burner covers. I’m very OCD so it’s very nice to be able to take that all off, clean it really well, put it all back together, and it still looks like brand-new. I really love my appliances. Somebody tried to talk to me into Thermador and I said that I'm going to stick with the Viking because I like them.

Original review: May 2, 2018

My family moved into a new home with nice-looking Viking appliances in the kitchen. We only experienced minor malfunction of the refrigerator in the 1st year. After 14 months, or about 7 weeks ago, the range knob that controls the range fan motor stopped working, and I contacted Viking warranty service a week later. A local authorized repair shop was quickly assigned the job and they determined they have to replace the knob, and they need to order it through Viking for that, in order to comply with Viking warranty policy. And I was told to wait about 3-4 days.

A week later, I called the repair shop only to find out the knob is on back order, and I need to wait 2 more weeks. And 2 weeks later, it was still not invoiced through Viking parts, and now 6 weeks later, the range is still not repaired!!! And the shop has no idea/no control over when the part will come in. They also told me in one case, a customer had to wait a year and 2 months for some parts to come in! It had been very frustrating not having a working range in the kitchen! It is even more so to think Viking warranty service is so lousy and unreliable! I am so disappointed how long I have to wait (so far) for warranty service for a common appliance! If I have to pick new appliances, I will not pick Viking.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I have been using a Viking range for a month. It's a good quality brand. I like the price too. The salesperson at the appliances store was knowledgeable in general. While it's plain, it looks nice.

Viking expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Viking was founded in 1987 when it became the first major manufacturer to offer professional-grade appliances for home users. Its first appliances went into production in 1990 at its (then) newly opened headquarters in Greenwood, Missisippi, where the company remains to this day.

• Industrial heritage: Viking's focus on professional-grade standards provides users with high-quality appliances that offer powerful features for cooking large meals, either at home or in a business.

• Rangetops: Viking offers one of the most extensive product lines for range tops and cooktops.

• Stainless steel: Viking is almost exclusively dedicated to stainless steel construction, giving consumers who prefer that aesthetic appeal a wide range of choices for finding different fits and finishes.

• Double units: Viking has the largest number of options for users seeking double ovens and double cook tops.

• Authorized dealers: Users who buy from authorized local dealers enjoy extensive and convenient warranty and technical support.

• Best for: Users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs