3.9/5 (192 ratings)

About Viking Ranges

Viking is a luxury appliance manufacturer that offers high-performance ranges, refrigerators, dishwashers and more. Its ranges are available in a variety of burner configurations, sizes and fuel types. Customers see the widest variety of options with Viking gas ranges or dual-fuel models. Viking electric ranges or induction ranges have fewer size or configuration options, but these models are still feature-rich and can be customized by color.

Pros

• Luxury designs and materials
  • Customizable
  • Long-lasting
  • Promotional offers and rebates

Cons

• Limited pricing transparency
  • Expensive

Bottom Line

Viking is a U.S.-based luxury appliance manufacturer. It sells ranges in different sizes, burner configurations and fuel types. Its products can be expensive, but they’re designed to last.

Top Viking Ranges Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Verified

Viking Range is a good range and we haven't had any issues with it. It looks commercial grade but for residential. I like the quality and it cooks well. Also, their representative...

Verified

I’ve called Viking Range several times for various questions since we bought a house with a Viking built in refrigerator… Hope from customer service and Stuart from the service si...

What are Viking ranges?

Whether you’re shopping for a range or a warming drawer, Viking products are known for their reliability, functionality, professional quality and attractive designs. It offers appliances for indoor and outdoor kitchens and has many colors and styles to choose from.

Here are the types of cooking products you can expect to find at your local dealer or showroom:

• Freestanding ranges
  • Rangetops
  • Stovetops
  • Ovens
  • Microwaves
  • Warming drawers

How long do Viking ranges last?

Your Viking range’s life expectancy is heavily influenced by how often the stove is used and how well it’s cleaned and maintained. As a general rule, most ranges last from 10 to 20 years. Gas ranges have an average life expectancy of 15 years, while electric ranges typically last for 13 years. Viking strives to be at the higher end of that scale, and it designs its ranges to compare with professional appliances known to last as long as 40 years.

Viking offers a two-year limited warranty on its products. This warranty covers workmanship or material defects and is valid from your date of purchase. Products can be returned for an exchange within 10 days of purchase, or you can return your range for repairs if you experience issues.

Viking range prices

Viking ranges typically start at around $4,000, but its larger and more luxurious models can cost more than $20,000. Its cooktops range from $1,500 to $8,000, and wall ovens generally cost around $6,000 to $14,000.

The price of any appliance depends on its size, number of burners, fuel type and the dealer’s pricing. You can request a quote online or visit one of its local dealers to get pricing on the model you’re interested in. Viking also offers a variety of promotional offers.

Viking FAQ

Who owns Viking ranges?
Viking is owned by the Middleby Corporation, which is based out of Illinois.
Who manufactures Viking appliances?
Viking manufactures its appliances from one of its four manufacturing plants in Mississippi. The company works to attract tourism to its headquarters city in Greenwood, Mississippi.
Is Viking an American company?
Viking is a U.S. company. It’s based in Greenwood, Mississippi, and is involved with the local community.
How do you start a Viking stovetop?
To light the surface burner, push and turn the knob for that burner. For more details on how to operate your Viking stovetop, consult the user manual for your model.

Are Viking appliances good?

Viking is known for designing and manufacturing high-quality, professional-grade kitchen appliances. Its products have luxurious styles and materials, so these ranges are more expensive than your typical stovetop. Pricing isn’t available online, but customers can receive quotes online or with a local Viking dealer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking Ranges?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Original review: March 20, 2022

I have a friend who remodeled their kitchen five years ago, and they have Viking and the kitchen looks so chic and had clean lines. I went with a six-burner and a full range. The home that we purchased, we seriously upgraded the kitchen and there was a cooktop and a double-stack range which is not my style. I was raised with a one range and I liked the versatility that Viking provided with the 5 Series range that we have. I looked at others and it's just the right size. The six pilots is perfect because there's more room to cook. The space in the conventional oven is large enough, both the top and the bottom, to heat up the turkey and also the casserole and the dressing at the same time. I have the Viking hood and the switch of the light that illuminates the oven range needs to be adjusted because the light blinks on and off. But so far, everything is great. I'm very pleased.

I have the whole set - the microwave drawer which is very sleek, the dishwasher, and the refrigerator. But we had a Samsung which had more space in it than we do in the Viking. That's the only complaint. We're pleased with it. I compared it to other brands. And for what I was willing to pay, Viking fell right in the middle. It wasn't too much for me because, where we live and the upgrades that we've done to the home and the overall increase in value, I thought that the appliances should reflect the neighborhood. It's one of those things wherein that is a fixture that adds value to the house. Kitchens and bathrooms sell a home. And to walk into a kitchen, especially ours, from how it was when we purchased it, to have so many nice upgrades and one of the top of the line appliances, it added instant value to our home. That was the other reason why the whole package was worth it.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2022

We had a lot of small hiccups because of COVID and because of the supply chain issues. Initially, we purchased our Viking stove through Best Buy. But it kept getting pushed out and I wanted to get our kitchen up and running. So, I ended up finding a floor model out of Stockton, that had the piece in stock. It had some scratches on it but they were very minor and they guaranteed a six-month warranty. They delivered it and got it in service.

The Viking is simple to use and there's not a lot of electronics on it which is nice compared to Thermador and other high-end brands. I went with the one with an open range and even though it's rated at 15,000 BTUs, it's probably more because it's open. You're getting the airflow better, so it's actually heating it up better. So far, I love it. It's easy to start. The one thing I dislike is if you take off any of the igniters to clean, they get a little bit on the porcelain and I have to readjust them in order for the igniters to ignite sometime.

The other issue I've had is that it has to kick on numerous times to get the igniter to ignite. So, every once in a while, it'd have a little gas smell. I talked with the retailer that I bought it from about it, and they were gonna fix that. But my father-in-law who's familiar with Viking stove, he’s like, “Yeah. I’ll show you. It’s just this.” We ended up just moving the igniter a little bit. And then it took off, and no questions asked. Also, I'm not sure if the convection part is working properly because it makes a little rattle from time to time. Otherwise, the Viking has been reliable.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

The Viking appliances are made to last. Between this refrigerator and my old refrigerator, for some reason, the things wouldn't last as long as they do in this Viking. The different departments and the bins in the refrigerator makes it so you can put things in different temperatures. That’s a heaven-sent. When you're a chef or you like to cook, you need things right there. You don't need to be running around the kitchen. With all those different drawers, I got the vegetables in one thing and I even have wine in one of the compartments. So, it's an excellent piece of equipment. It makes cooking easier. My favorite feature of the range is the simmer. But I like the one on the right-hand side in the front because I like to cook things and get the heat high on it. You could cut up two chicken breast that might be cold and put it in there, and it would get nice and hot where it would start to brown. In a normal stove, that would not happen.

If I had to do it again, I’m definitely going to be using Viking. When you want something to last and you want to pay the money for a good appliances and good equipment, Viking’s the best. When you spend the extra dollars for something, it changes your life. I was cooking on just an electric stove top and I only had four burners. So, to go from that electric stove top to my Viking, it's like getting a brand new Mercedes Benz. I can't believe how easy it is for me to cook things such as baked potatoes and big rib roast. I've cooked them all. Viking is expensive but you're paying for the quality of it. If you want the best, you got to pay a little extra, and it’s well worth it.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

The quality of Viking is very good. The stovetop and the oven get hot really quickly. I wish it was a little bigger but that was a decision we made and I didn't realize that it would feel as small as it is. But, it doesn't have any fancy electronics and that's a bit hard to get used to at first. We also used to have a griddle but it's okay. We have a better functioning stove or oven and it's definitely an improvement from what we had last.

However, I'm having some trouble. When the Viking arrived, it took some time to get it installed because our kitchen was under renovation. It was more than a month. We got a range, and with it, we also got a dishwasher and that came dented. When we called, the reps were like, “Why didn’t you open it right away?” And we're like, “We were told that it was going to be a very, very long wait because of COVID. And so we ordered it in April, knowing we were renovating in June.” The company that we bought it through was very nice, and they ended up working with us on it. So it turned out to not be a problem. But they came to replace the dented door of the dishwasher and they brought another dented door. So then we waited again. It took a long time to get it all settled.

On the oven, the light shows that it's preheating or that it's on. Sometimes, we can hear the gas lighting. Also, there have been numerous times where I come back to look at my potatoes and the oven has been off the whole time and this happens a lot. But it’s not like it was smelling gas in the house. So we’re starting to be able to piece together that there’s something that’s not right. It has happened at least seven times where I'll start the oven, it will be hot, I'll put my food in, I'll go back, and then the whole meal is ruined because it's not hot anymore. But it's on 400.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

The Viking range is nice-looking and I'm very pleased with it. Right now, I'm still trying to get used to it. It's a little bit different than the previous one I had. Also, I had to make a few adjustments because the back was a little above an inch higher than the one I had. The only thing I don't like is the color of the tops of the burners because if anything drops on them, they spot and it looks speckled. It doesn't look clean. If those could have been black, that would have been great. I don't know if I could buy replacements for them and if they're in black. I've paid a bunch of money for this and I'm not so sure that I want to put a whole lot more into it. Other than that, it's a beautiful piece of appliance and I would recommend it. It's the focal point of the kitchen and I did not swap out the vent that I had because the range matched it perfectly.

Also, the company I bought it from is fabulous. They were there with me the whole time for delivery and installation. All the guys were wonderful when they came in and they were so careful in bringing it in. Then, I had a follow-up from Viking. After the range came in and it was installed, they called to ask me if everything was okay, if I was able to get it, if it was working, and if I was pleased with it. I have been totally pleased with the company.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

I love the Viking Range. It's very accurate, especially in baking. It's spot-on. But even baking or cooking in the oven itself, like, chicken parm, I've never seen anything like it. It's ideal. It definitely cooks quicker. If something says it might take half an hour, it might take 25 minutes. But it doesn't have a lot of features like delay start or a timer. But that's okay. I'm here most of the time anyway. They're just some things that I had on my old stove that I don't have on this one. But I'd much rather have this stove any day of the week.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

We bought a house with a Viking range that appeared to be missing their burner bowls. Called to order them and was told would cost $147 each bowl; total of $980. I expressed surprise and extreme hesitation to order them and the sales person knew I was struggling to make the decision due to the cost. I finally determined that I couldn’t use the range without them as the underneath wiring would be exposed. We ended up finding the bowls buried in the garage and I tried to cancel the order but was told they were already shipped and they would issue me a return label. I didn’t even open the box and shipped them back.

What they NEVER told me was during either communication (at purchase or at cancellation request) was that they would charge almost $200 restocking fee! When I found out I did not get the full refund I expressed my frustration at the lack of communication of this key factor in the cost and decision but they refused to create a satisfied customer and rectify a wrong they committed. Extremely disappointed in their dishonesty and lack of understanding or willingness to correct their wrong.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

My Viking range was delivered with a broken door. There was also a recall for some safety issues and we were told not to use it so we couldn't use it for two weeks and had to order takeout. So it wasn't a very good impression. The people at the appliance place was good, but with the issue, they didn't do anything. I had even purchased an extended warranty, which was a waste of money because they just said it should be a manufacturer warranty issue and they refused to talk to me. But Viking was good about it. They took care of it.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

I love the quality of the Viking range. It's a nice-looking functional piece of equipment. I'm glad we got it. I was also impressed with how quickly we were able to get it. The installation was really seamless.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

When I purchased my Viking, it took quite a while - 10 months. I had to keep calling for updates. But my overall experience has been excellent.

Viking Ranges Company Information