Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Whirlpool Calypso Washers & Dryers Reviews

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

We bought a Brand new Whirlpool washer and dryer from Best Buy and after 32 days washer had broke from the Motherboard going out. Two days past the return policy of Best Buy we were told to go through whirlpool. They came out and replaced the motherboard since it was broken.. Fast forward two more months and now we’re having issues with the washer again not working. After the first problem we encountered, I purchased the service plan through Whirlpool frighten that something would happen again and it has.. We are now waiting for them to come and fix it again and another week waiting for them to come out due to the huge window of time that they can come out.

Saturday and Sundays are not a option!! Which is anywhere from 8-5 in the day, if you have no job and are willing to sit around this may be great for you but I work a full time job and have to make arrangements for me to be off work and home. This is the worst washer ever!! And now on top of it the dryer is making rattling noise.. I will never purchase anything from Whirlpool ever again! Had a Maytag for 13 years and never had a problem with their products. The End.. Disappointed Consumer

Original review: June 16, 2019

To put it bluntly do not by the Whirlpool top loading washers with no agitator. They look like they will wash very large loads but in actuality won’t clean much of anything. The clothes form a “ball” in the bottom and do not get moved around. To whit: I put in a small load of clothes after working in my yard. There were no stains, simply garden dirt. I used CR top rated detergent and bleach. I also used the “deep water” setting as well as the hottest setting offered. The cycle time was well over an hour. To my amazement and shock, the clothes still had dirt on them and the socks looked dirtier than when I put them in. I could have done much better in my kitchen sink with hot water and detergent. Stay away from these machines. Get a good front loader or top loader with agitator. There are plenty of good ones. Don’t get sucked in by a salesman who has never done wash.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I called the service & repair for my washer & dryer that I bought May 2018. The woman I spoke to, she said in her record was May 2017. I have my receipt bought in Best Buy Glendora Ca. She said to show to the technician my receipt when he gets to my house. I said, Okay. I told her the problem on my washer, when I try to turn it on the washer and the light will come on but it will go off right away. It doesn’t start. It happens couple times already. I want them to check it - why it’s doing that.

But the lady said if the technician doesn’t find anything wrong with it and it’s not a machine error, I have to pay the guy. I told her, why would I pay the guy because I want them to check it & service it. The lady said, that’s the way their warranty works. I think this is not right! How would I know if it’s machine error or not. My point is a year manufacturer's warranty. I bought Whirlpool because it’s made here in US. But technically there’s a lot of better washer & dryer brand but I stick to the one made it here. But when it comes overall the company is really worst now. Please let me know if this is right on their warranty.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I got this washer off of Craigslist from someone original owner sense NEW! The complaint was that it was tripping the breaker. So I took it home and tore it all apart and cleaned it up and tested the pump motor and everything was fine. Put it all back together and it magically worked so I think it was a loose wire or something to do with the grounding. Model GVW9959KQ2.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I called Whirlpool about a problem I'm having with my dryer. They said they don't cover discoloration inside the dryer. I said, "Okay. If it's only discoloration, and nothing dangerous is going to happen, I'm okay with that." The man (jerk), on the other end then said that they can't guarantee nothing dangerous is going to happen. I said, "well if you can't guarantee the dryer's safety, you should come and look at it, it's still under the one year warranty." Then, the man on the other end of the phone was very rude and horrible. Never again will I buy any Whirlpool Products! They care only about the money, not the customers!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I bought my washer new in April of 2017. It stopped working just a couple months after the one year warranty expired. Unbelievable!! I paid too much money for a this washer to completely break down so quickly. Guess this way you can keep selling new appliances every few years huh... Thanks. I will never again trust the Whirlpool brand.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I purchased a Whirlpool top load washer model WTW4900BW from Lowe’s in July 2014. Once the original warranty expired I continued to purchase an extended warranty from Whirlpool. My existing warranty is for two years and was purchased in July of this year. On August 22, 2018 the washer stopped working I called Whirlpool Customer Service. After four service calls by two different companies, replacing five major components and costing me four days of work, the washer is still not working as of September 18, 2018.

After the fourth service call and the washer still not working I ask Whirlpool Customer Service at what point do they replace a washer. I talked to a so-called supervisor in Michigan. She told me that customer service did not make that determination that Whirlpool Tech support did. I ask her for the tech support phone number. She said that they did not have the number and that the customer service people did not talk with tech support people.

Within five minutes of our conversation I found the Whirlpool Technical Support number and called them. I was told that the decision to replace a washer is made by Whirlpool Customer Service. I asked if the tech support people ever talked with the customer service people his reply was all the time, every day. I got back with Whirlpool Customer Service and this time I was told that the decision to replace a washer rested with AIG the warranty underwriter. I ask for AIG’s phone number and was told that there was no way to contact AIG.

Just as before within a few minutes I was on the phone with AIG’s warranty people. I ask them the same question about who determined when to replace a washer and got the same answer Whirlpool Customer Service. A few days ago I sent separate emails to Whirlpool’s Customer Relations Manager and The Director, Customer Experience and Consumer Loyalty, to date I have not been contacted by Whirlpool apparently customer apathy starts at the top. If a company’s character is determined by the way it treats customers after the sale, then in my opinion Whirlpool is lacking.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

We bought a pair of Whirlpool Duet washer and dryer. Dryer is fine. Washer has never worked! Called for support and purchased a new computer board, same result. I called once again and was sent a motor. Neither was any help. I know there's a real history of problems with this model and have never heard from Whirlpool about any solution! That piece of junk is sitting in a garage waiting for Whirlpool to make it right. My guess is it will never see a productive day. I used to think Whirlpool was one of the better brands. I will never think that again, I will do my best to prevent anyone else getting bent over.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Had dryer for about 2-1/2 years and it started to just shut-off. Had service person check it out and said it had power error. He suggested we have electrical checked out - they found no problem. Contacted service again and they changed one of the circuit boards - still had same problem. Put board back in and changed other main circuit board - still same problem. Had electrical checked again - no problem found. My wife contacted Whirlpool and was told they would allow us to buy another dryer direct from them at 50% discount. My wife asked if she could discuss various models with me and then call back to order. Rep said that was fine and everything would be noted in our record. My wife called back a few days later and there was no record. They still gave a discount but not the 50% that was promised. Very very disappointed.

Original review: June 15, 2017

Whirlpool Vantage (Cabrio with Touch Screen Controls). Washer Model: WTW7990XG0 Washer Serial: C03770030. Dryer Model: WED7790XG0 Dryer Serial: M03101325. My Vantage washer/dryer was purchased in 2011. Before the year was out I noticed that the washer would turn on for no reason. Then I had trouble with the dryer needing calibration every time I used it.

Not long after the washer touch screen would not respond AT ALL. I tried the USB device that came with the pair because I was told by the salesman that it contained the firmware in case it ever needed re-installing That was when I knew that MY NEW (nearly) $4000 "HIGH END LAUNDRY SYSTEM" WAS JUST THE SAME MACHINES Whirlpool sells FOR LESS THAN $600! Only controlled by a cheap 7" tablet for a touch screen instead of a knob!

The repair: Just the part was over $500 each before tax, service and shipping for each machine (x2) so I decided to take a look for myself. When I took the control panel off, the printed circuit board had separated completely from the touch screen! It was just stuck on with double sided tape! And instead of being wired together, the two parts depended on conductive printed ink and compression contacts to register a touch signal (in order to operate)! Even more incriminating, Whirlpool changed the design correcting this very issue before discontinuing this line altogether. Showing they knew it was a serious design flaw. Their support department offered to "extend" my warranty for (I think) $280.00 per unit for 6 months HA! Finally after years of complaints they offered 50% off a new Whirlpool Washer/Dryer set (Fool me once...).

Whirlpool Calypso Washers & Dryers Company Information