Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Whirlpool Calypso Washers & Dryers Reviews

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

We purchased a Whirpool washer from Lowes 8 months ago, and out of nowhere it stopped even turning on. It took A MONTH for a service tech to even come look at it, we are STILL waiting to hear from whirlpool for them to even schedule an appointment to install this part. 3 YEAR WARRANTY AND I HAVE SPENT SEVERAL HOURS SPREAD THRU 3 DIFFERENT CALLS TO HUNT DOWN MY OWN ANSWERS. Worst customer service/ warranty/ product experience OF MY LIFE. Family of 6 and we are spending 60 dollars a week at laundromats when we have a $800 WARRANTIED washer at home. If I could sue i would!!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

I purchased the washing machine in January 2019-BRAND NEW. I started having issues in April…. The machine would shake violently and bang against the wall and dryer. I called to have 3 technicians come in to fix the issue all from April-May. Each technician said something different like the washing machine needed to be raised higher, there was a technical glitch, etc.The shaking went away but came back. I kept calling and complaining about the issue and Whirlpool kept sending their technicians who made up problems. I’ve called about 12 times for the issues since I purchased the machine in January. I’m convinced I was sold a defective washing machine. During the 8th call, a representative told me they do not replace their washers, but instead will just send out technicians to fix whatever issue I’m having. I’ve never heard of policy and think it's BS.

Finally the most recent technician said he would replace the basket in November because that was the issue. The appointment is canceled the day before because the part isn’t in… That’s fine. We reschedule for today.. The basket arrives, technician shows up at my door to let me know the basket has rust in it.. See pics. So now I have a barely used washing machine that I cannot use to wash my clothes. Honestly, you’re better off using your freaking hands than buying these crappy machines. This is the crappy service you will get form Whirlpool -AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2019

I purchased my top load washer 4 months ago and has been nothing but trouble since. It runs very little water in and runs it in, stops, runs a little more, stops, etc. Then does the same thing while washing but does not agitate hard enough to get anything clean. It vibrates so loudly like someone beating on the side of the washer toward the end of the spin cycle that I would be ashamed to run it if anyone was visiting. I have has a piece of clothing shredded like it was slashed with a knife. In my old washer I could get 2 loads done in the time I can do 1 now. I have to treat the clothes with more chemicals now to get them halfway clean if they are very dirty, Which raises my costs. The extra electric that I am using to run it so long is terrible. I wrote them, no answer. If I had known all this I would have spent the $200 plus to fix my old one. If I find a good used one, this one will be gone.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I purchased a brand new washer and dryer 14 months ago. My dryer completely stopped working so I called Whirlpool, not only would they not send a service person but they would not back their product. The control panel died and I had to pay $300 for the part plus $150 for the labor. I asked Whirlpool if they would pay for the part because the panel dying after 14 months is ridiculous. The first 2x they sent me an automated message which was very insulting. The third time they said, "Sorry, warranty was up at 12 months." I will never sink my money into such a lousy company again.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

We bought a Brand new Whirlpool washer and dryer from Best Buy and after 32 days washer had broke from the Motherboard going out. Two days past the return policy of Best Buy we were told to go through whirlpool. They came out and replaced the motherboard since it was broken.. Fast forward two more months and now we’re having issues with the washer again not working. After the first problem we encountered, I purchased the service plan through Whirlpool frighten that something would happen again and it has.. We are now waiting for them to come and fix it again and another week waiting for them to come out due to the huge window of time that they can come out.

Saturday and Sundays are not a option!! Which is anywhere from 8-5 in the day, if you have no job and are willing to sit around this may be great for you but I work a full time job and have to make arrangements for me to be off work and home. This is the worst washer ever!! And now on top of it the dryer is making rattling noise.. I will never purchase anything from Whirlpool ever again! Had a Maytag for 13 years and never had a problem with their products. The End.. Disappointed Consumer

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Whirlpool?

Original review: June 16, 2019

To put it bluntly do not by the Whirlpool top loading washers with no agitator. They look like they will wash very large loads but in actuality won’t clean much of anything. The clothes form a “ball” in the bottom and do not get moved around. To whit: I put in a small load of clothes after working in my yard. There were no stains, simply garden dirt. I used CR top rated detergent and bleach. I also used the “deep water” setting as well as the hottest setting offered. The cycle time was well over an hour. To my amazement and shock, the clothes still had dirt on them and the socks looked dirtier than when I put them in. I could have done much better in my kitchen sink with hot water and detergent. Stay away from these machines. Get a good front loader or top loader with agitator. There are plenty of good ones. Don’t get sucked in by a salesman who has never done wash.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I called the service & repair for my washer & dryer that I bought May 2018. The woman I spoke to, she said in her record was May 2017. I have my receipt bought in Best Buy Glendora Ca. She said to show to the technician my receipt when he gets to my house. I said, Okay. I told her the problem on my washer, when I try to turn it on the washer and the light will come on but it will go off right away. It doesn’t start. It happens couple times already. I want them to check it - why it’s doing that.

But the lady said if the technician doesn’t find anything wrong with it and it’s not a machine error, I have to pay the guy. I told her, why would I pay the guy because I want them to check it & service it. The lady said, that’s the way their warranty works. I think this is not right! How would I know if it’s machine error or not. My point is a year manufacturer's warranty. I bought Whirlpool because it’s made here in US. But technically there’s a lot of better washer & dryer brand but I stick to the one made it here. But when it comes overall the company is really worst now. Please let me know if this is right on their warranty.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I got this washer off of Craigslist from someone original owner sense NEW! The complaint was that it was tripping the breaker. So I took it home and tore it all apart and cleaned it up and tested the pump motor and everything was fine. Put it all back together and it magically worked so I think it was a loose wire or something to do with the grounding. Model GVW9959KQ2.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I called Whirlpool about a problem I'm having with my dryer. They said they don't cover discoloration inside the dryer. I said, "Okay. If it's only discoloration, and nothing dangerous is going to happen, I'm okay with that." The man (jerk), on the other end then said that they can't guarantee nothing dangerous is going to happen. I said, "well if you can't guarantee the dryer's safety, you should come and look at it, it's still under the one year warranty." Then, the man on the other end of the phone was very rude and horrible. Never again will I buy any Whirlpool Products! They care only about the money, not the customers!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I bought my washer new in April of 2017. It stopped working just a couple months after the one year warranty expired. Unbelievable!! I paid too much money for a this washer to completely break down so quickly. Guess this way you can keep selling new appliances every few years huh... Thanks. I will never again trust the Whirlpool brand.

Whirlpool Calypso Washers & Dryers Company Information