Reading, MA

4.3/5 (10 ratings)

About Viking Pools

Viking Pools Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking Pools?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking Pools?

Original review: June 17, 2011

I bought a Namco pool. They are in cahoots. After four years on a 50-year warranty, the liner let go. I called the installer who originally installed it. He seemed okay then. Well, I've since read a lot of complaints about him. He came out in March 2011 and said it was covered. I filed with Namco, they said it was covered and then they wanted me to pay. I told the woman that I shouldn't have to.

Namco Corporate told this guy that I wasn't going to pay. He never came back. Meantime, I'm sitting here, waiting, calling both parties so my pool can be repaired and neither called back. Well, I find his home phone number and get him live. He didn't know what to say. I asked why he hadn't called and he said well, I'm just so booked. He's full of it, too. After listening to his lies, I finally pried it out of him that the girl in CT told him and I said I wasn't going to pay anyone. I told him no, she lied. I said I shouldn't have to pay for any of this! So he decided to leave me high and dry. I got news for all of them. Wait until it hits the papers. I'm not one who sits on stuff.

Original review: June 28, 2010

I recently purchased a pool at Namco in Salem, NH. They give a list of installers and the sales person at Namco recommended Viking Pools, so I called them. I dealt with Steve who appears to be the owner and/or supervisor. The appointment was scheduled 2 weeks in advance and while making the appointment, I asked if he would need to preview my yard as I have a retaining wall in front of my house. Steve said it shouldn't be a problem. The night before the appointment, Steve called to insure that he could get a Bobcat in the yard. I again told him of the retaining wall and he then said, "Forget it. I can't do the job then." I told him he should have told me this 2 weeks ago when I spoke to him about the wall and he was silent. He left me in a situation wasting 2 weeks at the height of pool season.

Thankfully, my neighbor let me use his yard to get the Bobcat through and I called Steve back. He begrudgingly kept the appointment. He showed up 2 hours late and appeared to be angry from the beginning. When he arrived, I had my electrician there finishing up the work to bring electric out to the pool. Steve started complaining that he needed electricity to do the job. At this point, the pool was still sitting in boxes in the yard and had not been touched yet! The electrician told him that he should be all set in about 10 minutes. To this, Steve replied that he "this was my problem" while pointing his finger in my face and that he "did not install pools during the midday sun when it was hot." Maybe he should think about going into snowplowing then! Needless to say, the pool got put up but I was very worried about the job because of his hostility. To add to the fuel, I had to bring my 10-year old daughter inside the house as the foul language Steve and his two drones were using would have embarrassed even a truck driver!

We finished filling the pool today and when I started the filter up for the first time, it was leaking from every possible area and all hoses. They did not put the filter together right and water was now leaking furiously out of the pool. Of course, Steve will not return my phone calls. As I write this, I have another pool company coming to repair the mess Viking Pools made. It is a costly mistake but I want to have a pool for my family and can't wait and hope that Steve will make his shoddy work right. Whatever you do, do not use Viking Pools. I have worked with a lot of contractors over the years and they are by far the worst I have ever dealt with.

Viking Pools Company Information