3.9/5 (190 ratings)

About Viking Ranges

Viking is a luxury appliance manufacturer that offers high-performance ranges, refrigerators, dishwashers and more. Its ranges are available in a variety of burner configurations, sizes and fuel types. Customers see the widest variety of options with Viking gas ranges or dual-fuel models. Viking electric ranges or induction ranges have fewer size or configuration options, but these models are still feature-rich and can be customized by color.

Pros

• Luxury designs and materials
  • Customizable
  • Long-lasting
  • Promotional offers and rebates

Cons

• Limited pricing transparency
  • Expensive

Bottom Line

Viking is a U.S.-based luxury appliance manufacturer. It sells ranges in different sizes, burner configurations and fuel types. Its products can be expensive, but they’re designed to last.

Viking Ranges Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking Ranges?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Viking?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

I like the side burners and the large middle burner and the quality seems very good. So, we're happy with the Viking range. The setup was fine though we had some issues later. But a technician came out and fixed them. The range seems to be good except some of the burners have film that builds up around them and we’re not sure what we can do about that. The flames are a lot more controllable than they were before but we still get some yellow tips on the flame when it's on high.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

I use my Viking range all the time. I like the size of it and it’s easy to clean. The quality is excellent. I have six burners, which I like the most, and I also have a convection oven, which I love.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

The Viking range is high quality and I love the Gourmet-Glo. It’s the infrared broiler inside, which is my favorite. I purchased the range from a large appliance retailer and they're an authorized Viking dealer. It was good but it took a long time. It was on backorder for months. For the most part, the range is working though occasionally, the auto-ignite thing kicks on a couple of the burners even when the burner's going full blast. So, I have to move the metal around a little bit to fix itself.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

I like the space on top of the Viking range. I can have multiple pots and pans go in it. Also, I like the middle part. I can do multiple things at once, unlike normal ranges where you only have four burners. It seems to cook more evenly than the stove that was there, which is nice. So far, the range has been good. But the microwave has been a lemon from the get-go. It was installed and it made a funny noise. They came out and adjusted something but it's still making a funny noise. We've called the place where we bought it from and they want to have nothing to do with us.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

I have a 36-inch Viking range and I love it. But I need to get a hood and I've been having trouble finding a Viking hood. I need to find somebody that I can trust that can modify the cabinet and do something with the hood, but that's not necessarily a Viking thing. I also want stainless steel knobs for it, which I haven't found yet. We're in a supply chain nightmare, so getting something right now is very difficult. Other than that, it's a nice range. The gas flow is great and I love the way it cooks.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2022

Viking was originally in our home. And when we remodeled, we put Viking back in our home. We like the multi-burners on the top. And the range cleans easy. But it's not properly heating and the thermostat was bad. We use the Viking repair people here in Atlanta and there was a waiting period to have that done. But when they got it serviced, it seems to be working okay.

When I bought my appliances, I spent $30,000 with Viking and it took forever to get my appliances. They took almost over a year to get us our refrigerator and everything came in pieces and it was very difficult to arrange getting it. And we couldn't even get bill dates out of Viking. So, Viking didn't communicate well. And in that whole process, we were wishing that we went a different direction because Viking was so ill-prepared to service. And the only thing that hasn't given us problems is the refrigerator and the freezer. But everything else that we purchased has given us issues from Viking, including the dishwasher. We just built a second home and I did not put Viking in there.

Viking Ranges response

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We deeply apologize for all areas of concern including the delay of products during Covid. After careful review, we're pleased to see issues have been addressed with the unit being serviced. While we do not anticipate any further service, please reach out to Viking should the need arise. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2022

My Viking range is wonderful and even the boiler is really impressive. I accidentally started to clean it on the inside, which I shouldn't have done, so it looks clean on the side where I cleaned it. But I won’t do that again, because that’s not what you’re supposed to do, and I have to find out how the self-cleaning works. Other than that, it's great that it has a fan inside while you're cooking. I love gas and being able to see where the flame is in relation to the pot or pan. It just works and it works well. If you have the money, I’d buy it. That was a splurge and the bad side was, it took a year and three months to get.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

Viking ranges are premium devices and we like them very much. We like the stainless steel and the six burners. They're reliable and good products.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

Viking should not have a $7,000 stove that does not work. It's sad to have multiple repairs on my range but in that regard, they've been responsive.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

Viking Ranges are well-known to be high-quality appliances so we purposely sought out a Viking range for our kitchen remodel. My experience, however, hasn't been super positive. There was a problem with the starter of the first range we had put in so the oven wouldn't turn on. It took over two months to get a new range to replace the broken range.

Since we've had a new range in our house, we often have gas smells. We called the company we purchased from for a lot of the problems in the beginning and we've called some repair people. Communication was not so easy. We had a repairman look at the gas smell issue. No one has quite been able to figure out what's going on. That aside, I like the way our Viking range looks. I like one of the burners. It heats up much quicker than the other burners and it brings water to boil very quickly. I also like the interior and the slide out racks in the oven. The cleanup has been good. It seems to clean up pretty well with regular dish soap and water.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2022

Viking was in my old house and I got a new higher-end appliance. When I went to the store to look for one, I was certain I wanted to get Viking. I love the griddle of my range as that's pretty cool. In the beginning, the gas lines weren’t fitting right. The tech had to take off the top and he had to do adjustments. He said that nowadays, all of them are coming from the factory like that. He said, “All I do is take off all these springs and I'm probably gonna make like a little adjustment.” He made a quarter turn on one nozzle or valve that was on there and all the gas came out fine. The service company got bad ratings online so I was concerned. But when they showed up and I dealt with them over the phone, everything was cool.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

This is my third house with a Viking range and a Viking hood. We had one problem with the baffles in the hood. One of the handles fell out. I filed a warranty claim, and Viking sent a new one. There are two things I like about the Viking better than the Wolf. One is the salamander for the grilling and the oven. The other one is it has a regular electric thing like you’d see on most stoves. They don't use the salamander in restaurants for nothing. It’s the only way to go. The other is the Viking oven vents out the back then it goes right up the hood. You just turn the hood on low and it vents the heat. Whereas the Wolf, it vents out the bottom. We live in Houston, so it’s hot here.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

Everyone I spoke to was helpful. The situation that we were in was unpleasant, but they did their best. It took a while to get the range operational, but it works and it’s awesome. I recommend it if you have a lot of money.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

Viking has been excellent. I had an issue upon delivery, and it took them 30 minutes to resolve the issue and put me a new piece on order. The range itself is excellent. The value for the price is good. I like to cook and bake. The advertisements that I read on it prior to my purchase exceed what the product is doing for me. It's performing better than what they specified.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

I loved this oven until shortly after the warranty expired. The blower assembly went out and now I'm told it will be 3 months for the part to come in. I expected far more from Viking. Customer Service is lacking as well.

Viking Ranges response

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We deeply apologize for ALL areas of concern. After careful review, this has been forwarded to our escalation team. A team specialist will reach out to you within 48 business hours.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

I had a problem with one of the burners on the range. It was missing a screw. Viking told me that someone would contact me from the local area here. First, they sent me the screw that was missing, but the screw wouldn't fit. It would only screw halfway and I didn't want to force it. They ended up sending somebody out with a part, which was the right part, and another screw. They told me that they would have to replace something else and it would be ordered from Viking. That was three months ago. We're still waiting for the part. It also took me over a year to get the range. But I am impressed by Viking. I am very happy with the range. The burners are good. The oven is good. I'm very happy with the broiler. The exhaust hood that we have is also a Viking and that does a great job.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

Other than the year long delays with covid that it took for me to get the Viking range, my experience is good. The quality is great. I like its versatility. The only thing is it can't be flush against the wall because of the way the gas line hooks to it. It sticks out from my wall slightly.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

We're not super happy with the Viking range. The representatives have been okay, but nobody wants to resolve the issue. It's a very expensive oven. I'm not sure why they're not following up properly. There's an exhaust fan on it and it is so loud. It is unbearable. It radiates throughout my whole house. I've called in to Viking. I've asked if there's a noise reduction kit. They said they would not forward this on to management until I took a video of the noise, but I don't have time to sit around for 15 minutes to wait and know when the exhaust fan is gonna go on. They already sent out a registered technician. That technician checked it out. He said, "I agree with you. That it's the most annoying noise ever.”

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

I like the quality of the Viking range. It looks good, cooks good and bakes good.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

I have liked a Viking range for a long time, but I could not afford it at that time. I got one when it was affordable to me. It’s perfect. I like the way it cooks everything. There's one problem I have though. It's not extremely simmering. It's a little bit too high. I still would like it to go a little bit lower, but it can't go any lower. Also, one of my burners at the back works when it wants to work. Even that one, when I put it on there for simmer, it's still too high.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

I love the Viking Range. It's very accurate, especially in baking. It's spot-on. But even baking or cooking in the oven itself, like, chicken parm, I've never seen anything like it. It's ideal. It definitely cooks quicker. If something says it might take half an hour, it might take 25 minutes. But it doesn't have a lot of features like delay start or a timer. But that's okay. I'm here most of the time anyway. They're just some things that I had on my old stove that I don't have on this one. But I'd much rather have this stove any day of the week.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I love the range. It's my second Viking Range. It's restaurant-grade, so it's heavy duty and it's made well. It's solid, looks good, and functions perfectly. It gets really hot which is one of the key essential elements. The only problem that I had was the initial supplier, Best Buy, had inventory problems. I had ordered it six months earlier, and they waited till the last minute to tell me it was gonna be six months late. I had called before weeks before, and they said, "It's coming to our distribution centers. It's en route." They said all these things that were not true. That was shameful. They did that with my refrigerator as well so I ended up having to go to a local appliance store to buy both my refrigerator and stove. They're expensive, but they're worth it.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

We bought a house with a Viking range that appeared to be missing their burner bowls. Called to order them and was told would cost $147 each bowl; total of $980. I expressed surprise and extreme hesitation to order them and the sales person knew I was struggling to make the decision due to the cost. I finally determined that I couldn’t use the range without them as the underneath wiring would be exposed. We ended up finding the bowls buried in the garage and I tried to cancel the order but was told they were already shipped and they would issue me a return label. I didn’t even open the box and shipped them back.

What they NEVER told me was during either communication (at purchase or at cancellation request) was that they would charge almost $200 restocking fee! When I found out I did not get the full refund I expressed my frustration at the lack of communication of this key factor in the cost and decision but they refused to create a satisfied customer and rectify a wrong they committed. Extremely disappointed in their dishonesty and lack of understanding or willingness to correct their wrong.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

My Viking range was delivered with a broken door. There was also a recall for some safety issues and we were told not to use it so we couldn't use it for two weeks and had to order takeout. So it wasn't a very good impression. The people at the appliance place was good, but with the issue, they didn't do anything. I had even purchased an extended warranty, which was a waste of money because they just said it should be a manufacturer warranty issue and they refused to talk to me. But Viking was good about it. They took care of it.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

I love the quality of the Viking range. It's a nice-looking functional piece of equipment. I'm glad we got it. I was also impressed with how quickly we were able to get it. The installation was really seamless.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

When I purchased my Viking, it took quite a while - 10 months. I had to keep calling for updates. But my overall experience has been excellent.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

We were gonna go with Wolf, but it wasn't available. So, we got the Viking. It's got a good reputation. The quality is great. I like the BTUs that it has on the top. It's got very good control.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

Viking is a good brand and it's also a wow factor for your kitchen. I wanted to amp my kitchen up a little bit. I bought my range in January and I like how the BTUs are so high and how they heat up things so quickly. But I wouldn't buy this again. I walked off and left the burners on several times, which is a real hazard. The burners on the top don't push in. They just turn on and just turn up. I have bumped it up several times, which terrifies me. It scares me even more with a little grandchild that I have coming over. I'm gonna have to have some kind of safety feature on them.

I also had the range fixed. It's a very expensive stove and the top part stopped working. Repair people came out and they were great. I'm thankful that they could fix it. The only thing is I couldn't get my any of my pilot lights to start. Something was wrong with that. I spent all this money and I had just thrown my money away. Another thing is I really wish the range had a warming drawer to warm my plates up. I can't believe that high-end stuff like this does not have one.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

The stovetop in my Viking range didn't work, but they don't have any service people in my area to service it. I called October of last year, and they were gonna have somebody come out in a month. And then they called me the day before and told me that that person didn't service our area anymore, and they canceled my appointment. I called them four times and asked who was going to service it, and they never got back to me even though they said they were gonna call me back. I gave up trying to get the one I had serviced and just bought a new one. I like the stove because it's an open stovetop concept like when I cooked in a restaurant, but their customer service sucks. I just hope the stove in this new model lasts longer.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

I did a lot of research and spoke to a couple of people that work installing kitchens as well, and all of that helped me with my decision to go with a Viking range. The quality is very good, and I like the burners and the power.

Viking Ranges Company Information