1.13/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

uv3masterguard.com

Looking for a good furniture store?

31 UV3 MasterGuard Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 9, 2019

I will never buy this warranty again. I had a party and my couch was damaged. They denied the claim stating the incident couldn’t have happened on the same occasion. So, apparently they were in my house and I wasn’t aware or they have cameras set up because now they’re telling me what happens in my house. Huge waste of money because they squirm out of paying for damage. Seems it doesn’t pay to be honest.

Original review: June 11, 2019

We all hear about that bad but never about the good. I just wanted to say thank you for the quick and prompt service. My sofa is as good as new. Thank you for helping me also with the refill on my leather cleaner and conditioner.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I will NEVER again waste my money purchasing fabric protectant warranty for furniture again. I purchased an expensive set from Kane’s Furniture a few years back and have never needed to call MasterGuard in all the years of having it except this year after the Christmas holiday. I went through the hassle of 'filing a claim' which really is an outdated piece of paper that looks like it's the same one since the company first opened that asks for basic info regarding the claim. Filled it out, took photos and attached them, to only receive a call several hours later where the guy...the only guy who I've spoken to on the phone...in a condescending way asked "so this happened over the holidays" and I continued to say yes, as I indicated on my form.

That's when it was almost as if he got satisfaction out of telling me "well are you familiar with our policy. You have to report it within 5 days" so basically there was nothing going to be done. When I politely told him I didn't see that on my paperwork he asked me if I wanted him to send me a copy of it - NO, I'm good but thanks!!! I've learned two lessons and will advise future furniture shoppers out there: Don't waste your money if MasterGuard is the warranty company and if you already wasted your money LIE on the form and make it so it happened 2 days before reporting it...then you might get the customer service that MasterGuard clearly lacks. Guess my fault for being honest in today's world.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I bought a couch from Kane's Furniture Store with a warranty through UV3 Masterguard. It is less than 5 years old and the leather between the two cushions is peeling. I filed a complaint per the instructions of Kane's Customer Service. I filled out the necessary paperwork and sent pictures and was told none of this is covered. I went around in circles with the person on the phone who is telling me that the peeling leather could have been caused by lotions or oils on your body, I told him I could understand that if it was on the cushion or the head part of the couch but this is between the cushions. They refused to send someone in person to look at it so therefore I will never recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I filed a claim Feb 20 2018. They sent down someone. I was told that it got multiple claims. I only filed on the mechanism that doesn't work. Technician also found some screws that fell out. And he found under the recliner a cut. I had no idea about it. The joke is it's considered as multiple claims and policy only covers one claim at a time. I never filed anything else with them other than the recliner does not work properly and they found other stuff & decided to give me the option to take back the money that I paid for the warranty... What a ripoff!! We all have to file a lawsuit and once and for all put them all in the place that they belong. What a joke taking innocent people making them pay for warranties and then not honor it!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about UV3 MasterGuard?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

The fabric protection is a complete farce. Persons visiting my home spilled coffee at numerous places on my furniture. The policy I purchased from Kane's was of no service. I was instructed to send photos of recently stained fabric furniture I purchased at Kane's to their 3rd party fabric protection company Masterguard UV3 in California. Everything was sent in a timely manner. I received a call from Masterguard 4 days later stating they were denying the claim due to "accumulated" stains. When I inquired what they meant by that, their rude male spokesman stated that stains were "too many" in nature and were not "accidental". When I responded with who intentionally stains their furniture, he pivoted stating that "stains were too numerous for coverage. Read your policy." Well I did read my policy an nowhere does it stains had to be accidental. If you're buying furniture at Kane's, skip the fabric protection or go elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I purchased a brand new leather sectional from Kane's in January. The saleslady was extremely accommodating and we'll ask a great salesperson; who ultimately talked me into purchasing the warranty from UV3 for cover and rips, tears or stains in the couch. Knowing that without children or animals this is probably nothing I would ever need, I still went ahead and purchased it for the peace of mind. Lo and behold, in October in Florida we get a cold spell out of nowhere and for once this season I get to wear my winter boots. While reclining on the couch this particular evening, while attempting to lower the electric recliner I immediately heard the noise no one wants to hear. It was a loud, ripping sound and as I looked down I quickly noticed the belt buckle on my boot had got caught in the leather on the side console and had ripped it and got tangled up in the boot buckle. I was panicked. How could this happen??

I proceeded to remove the boot from my foot and watched as it hung from the leather it was entwined in. My husband and I picked and prodded at it to no avail, we ended up having to cut a small circle around the buckle to get the leather off the buckle. In total devastation from being a working class person who just had the most valuable piece of furniture in my home get ripped, I breathed a huge sigh of relief as I remembered that I had purchased this "warranty" that would cover all accidental damage, stains, rips, tears. I immediately contacted UV3 to file a claim. I was instructed to email them images of the couch, the damage and a copy of my purchase receipt. I did this the same day.

The following Monday I received an email from Lisa the representative stating she had received all my documentation and that I would be contacted within one business day to handle the claim. the very next day I was contacted over the phone by Lisa, only to be told that "after reviewing it with management, it would not be covered under warranty because there was a small piece of leather missing". This shocked me, is that not what a warranty is for? Of course there is a piece of leather missing, had she not listened to anything I told her? I once again reiterated that the reason the leather was missing was because it had gotten so caught up in my belt buckle that there was no other way to remove it than to cut it off. She then advised if I had chose not to cut it off and had allowed the technician to see it with the boot removed, but the leather still there, it would've been covered.

It was like Lisa hasn't listened to anything I was saying. Clearly if the boot could have been removed without cutting it, don't you think we would have done it?? Then I explained to her that I was looking at the warranty and it states clearly that it covers any accidental rips or tears. At this point she started to get extremely irritated for no reason and told me I should take it up with Kane's for selling me a warranty that they made me believe would cover this kind of damage. She continued to yell at me over the phone, not allowing me to get a single word it, and eventually hung up. I am MORTIFIED at how I have been treated through this process. As someone who NEVER purchases extended warranties out of fear that this type of situation could occur, I feel completely vindicated for having those feelings. Folks, do not waste your money, this company is a racket who will try to use loopholes and angry salespeople to intimidate you.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I brought the leather sofa and also bought leather warranty from this company. One of my sofa has beverage stain so I called them to open a claim. As per their request I submitted pictures and documents and they told us nothing was covered and were very rude and unhelpful. They have thousand of reason to denied your claim. I would not recommend this company or service to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2016

They gave us a certificate of warranty that looks like a diploma with little or no information on warranty. Small letter footnote that directs us to a website. Went to website, tried to get copy of warranty and the site only produced our name and address with no verbiage on warranty. Tried to make a claim on the tear on our sofa couch and was told that we have a limited warranty and the tear was not covered, it is less than a year old. So, I said, I'll get the warranty certificate to see what it reads but certificate didn't say anything about the warranty coverage. I have no other recourse but live with the tear. I will never buy a warranty from them or buy from any of their distributors.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2015

We brought this service for our couch, and the time we actually needed it. We called and submitted Pictures and documents and they told us nothing was covered and were very rude and unhelpful. We not recommend this company or service to anyone.

UV3 MasterGuard Company Information