UV3 MasterGuard

uv3masterguard.com

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

They gave us a certificate of warranty that looks like a diploma with little or no information on warranty. Small letter footnote that directs us to a website. Went to website, tried to get copy of warranty and the site only produced our name and address with no verbiage on warranty. Tried to make a claim on the tear on our sofa couch and was told that we have a limited warranty and the tear was not covered, it is less than a year old. So, I said, I'll get the warranty certificate to see what it reads but certificate didn't say anything about the warranty coverage. I have no other recourse but live with the tear. I will never buy a warranty from them or buy from any of their distributors.

We brought this service for our couch, and the time we actually needed it. We called and submitted Pictures and documents and they told us nothing was covered and were very rude and unhelpful. We not recommend this company or service to anyone.

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS AT ALL. Customer Service is horrible. If you purchase anything that says lifetime warranty it DOES NOT mean lifetime. They trick you and then want to intimidate you into not inquiring them to honor the service you paid for. KANES FURNITURE DUPED me. Don't waste your money!

I contacted the furniture store we purchased our new recliner from 6 months ago in reference to a seam that was coming apart. The owner of the furniture store advised me to contact UV3 Masterguard since he realized we had purchased the protection plan. There was also a stain on the chair so I submitted the claim to UV3. They said they were not responsible for the seam because it was a manufacturing defect (they were correct and that is being repaired by manufacturer) but they denied my claim for the stain because it had "an accumulation of damages" on the claim.

Basically they said even though they were not responsible for the seam, since I put the stain on the same claim, they would not cover it even if I submitted a new claim for the seam. I spoke to a supervisor who did not care. She just kept saying you signed the contract it says, "accumulation of services", real **. DO NOT BUY THIS SCAM PROTECTION POLICY. YOU ARE GETTING RIPPED OFF LIKE ME.

My wife and I purchased a living room and dining room set with an extended warranty from UV3 Masterguard. The mechanism on our recliner has stopped working one and a half years ago. I have lodged many complaints in that time frame and have hit many walls. Every time my wife or I try to call them, they just hit us with an excuse of why they will not cover what clearly is stated in their contract as covered.

On the most recent call which I received from them, I spoke to a guy named ** who claimed to be a lead representative. He was calling me to advise me that the mechanism for my recliner that was defective could not be ordered any longer. So I asked him what my next step was and he basically said that it is my problem. He also said that based on the pictures that my wife sent 6-8 weeks ago (it did take them that long to get back to me...some customer care), that they saw there was a rip in the leather and because of this we have an accumulation of problems that it would be no longer covered.

So if I have two problems that are covered by the warranty that I paid for it is no longer their problem. At that point I asked to speak to his supervisor and he said he is the lead representative. I then asked for the Legal Department and he said I will give you our email address (the general address that takes them 3 months to respond to). When I continued to ask him questions he simply hung up on me...I would not recommend this business to my worst enemy, they are extremely unprofessional and they are thieves.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about UV3 MasterGuard?

Please be aware that MasterGuard warranty is not worth paying a PENNY for, they will always find a reason not to cover the damage! As an example; if they think that a mark will not be made by mistake they will not cover! How can you prove if it's mistake or not??? They are only taking money providing NOTHING! DO NOT CHOOSE THEM FOR NOTHING! An angry customer.

Bonded leather couch purchased from The Brick about 6 years ago. It was in immaculate condition. Ran out of the cleaner that was supplied to me when I purchased the couch. I purchased bottle of UV3 from the Brick store in Whitby Ontario at $22.00 per bottle and was told that it was the same stuff that had been included with my original purchase. My couch is now peeling.

I bought a Leather Sofa and a bunch of other furniture from Marlos Furniture (VA) in 2009. The salesman talked me into buying a 5 year warranty on the items. In 2013 my Leather sofa cover peeled and cracked. We opened a claim, filled up their form and sent picture and followed all their process as documented in the claim form. However we did not know the reason (we are no furniture expert) so we said that it was tear. UV3 refuted the claim but did not provide a reason why. They just sent a letter it's not a valid claim.

This year (2014) my daughter's friends spilled nail polish on the center table and sofa. We again went through the same claim process. When the technician came to look at the table, he also looked at the Sofa and opined that the sofa should also be covered as the damage is peeling and cracking of the sofa cover. Of course he did not know that my 2013 claim for the same issue was rejected without reason.

When I raised this issue with UV3 Master (Vlad I think is the name), after several back and forth calls, they flat out refused my points. He now claims that the sofa is not covered under warranty (August 2014). Of course it's not but during 2013 it was covered under warranty. He uses either the damage is not covered under warranty or the expired warranty every time. They will use whatever reason they can come up with to reject anyone's claims. My point is in 2013 while my sofa was under warranty this issue should have been resolved. They do not follow any fair standards or ethical policy and neither are those big name furniture companies like Marlos who sell these warranties. I am planning to push ahead with other course of actions with UV3. Anyone else has similar experience?

My husband and I bought a love seat and a couch from Ashley Furniture and upon checking out, the salesman asked if we wanted a furniture policy. We immediately declined, as we thought those were only for electronics. He said for our $500, we could get an annual cleaning, and no worries because it covers wine stains, food spill, pet mishap, basically a worry free guarantee. So we bought. We don't misuse our couches, since this is where we spend most of our time. My husband and I decided to move to a bigger house and wanted to utilize our annual cleaning.

I called MasterGuard and spoke with Trish and said she could send me out cleaning products. I was shocked since that wasn't what I paid for, I can go buy that myself. I called back and asked to speak to a supervisor, which Guad, the rep, claimed that she was sick. To no avail after many more calls, my contract with MasterGuard has not been upheld.

I have never had such a bad experience with a company as I had with UV3 leather protection. I spent nearly $300 on leather protection for a sectional I purchased from Kane's. I had a couple of tears on the love seat portion and thus began the run around. They told me that I wasn't to contact them, Kane's had to. Kane said they never heard of such a thing but that they would comply. I made several phone calls that always ended with them saying they didn't receive anything from Kane's. Every representative I spoke with was extremely rude and hostile. I finally decided to pick the paperwork up and fax it myself at which point I was told they did receive it from Kane's and I waited too long to respond even though I am only 2 years into my five-year warranty.

I spoke with a supervisor who was EXTREMELY rude! She told me I was lying about what was said in the previous phone calls because it was she I spoke with. She then tried to hang up on me! I told her there was damage on the sofa piece as well and she told me to take pictures which I did. I also logged a formal complaint against her. Another male supervisor called me back and told me I was mistaken that I only spoke to Anna once even though she just told me that I spoke to her on numerous occasions. He proceeded to tell me that nothing was covered because there was too much damage! What?!?! There are several spots on the seams. He was also very very rude. I hope that I can save others this headache because it has completely ruined my day and I'm left with faulty leather sofas that I paid $2500.00 for!

When I purchased my coach via Vivian's Quality Furniture, I also purchased the UV3 Masterguard "Worry Free Protection" Plan for $129. This plan is represented as a 5-year warranty plan, which is comprehensive in nature, including items like "breakdown of upholstered furniture frames and failure of springs." However, when my coach springs failed by popping out of the bottom of the coach, UV# Masterguard refused to service the coach, stating it was not covered. Clearly, this protection plan was misrepresented. Based on the numerous BBB complaints I recently reviewed, I question the intent and business practices of UV3 Masterguard.

I bought a living set from Kane's and also the 5-year warranty from UV3 Master Guard. The rocking chair started to peel or crack off and I called Kane's. They took care of everything. Now my sofa is having the same issue and Kane's told me to call UV3 Master Guard which I did. They made me take pictures and send them by email. The following day they called me and said that the damage was not covered. This company does not stand for what they charge for the protection plan.

I purchased the leather recliner from Kane's approx 9 months ago. I also obtained a warranty from UV3 Master Guard and their product. I used it on the recliner twice. Approx. 3-4 weeks ago, the rt arm rest (as you face it) started to peel or crack. I thought it could be from my cat but don't know. I called UV3 and sent pictures as they asked. They called and said it was not covered by just looking at the pictures. They did not even come out to look at it. Their warranty is of no good. Kane's said they have a lifetime warranty but that does not cover the material. Warranty no good there either.

This product does not work. Save your money. The other reviewers were being too generous when they gave it one star. I am going to keep it real. No star from me. PS - I just found out you have to give at least one star.

I purchased a power recliner from Furniture and More in Chino. They offered a warranty through UV3 Masterguard company. I had the couch a little over a year, and it started to bow on the sides. Then a week ago, there was a rip in the seam of the couch. I called and started the claim process; it took 3days to get a response. Finally, I get an email and a phone call stating that the damage was not covered due to the other damage in the couch (there were scratches on the side of the couch). Even if you are not calling in a claim for the other damage but there is truly something wrong that would be covered under the warranty, they just deny the claims. When I spoke to the supervisor, Anna, she seemed like she denied claims every day and that they make up excuses to not cover your claim.

When I asked for a refund on the warranty, she said, "Email customer service," and she would review the email but she doubts that she will refund the warranty. So basically, you are stuck and whatever this Anna supervisor says goes. When I asked to speak to her manager, she said the only one above her is the owner and consumers are not allowed to speak to them. So this degenerate uneducated lady is in charge of this entire warranty department. Save your money and don't ever buy this warranty from any furniture store. It seems like I'm not the only one that has this experience.

I purchased a leather sofa and love seat at Marlo’s in February 2008. I also paid $180 for a warranty that Marlo’s claimed would cover any issues with the pieces for 5 years. I live alone and regularly sit on either end of the sofa to utilize the arms. One day in December 2012, I sat in the middle and was shocked to realize that I sank well below the levels you would get on the end cushions. I made an initial claim to UV3. A very unprofessional man called me to tell me he needed pictures and proof that I purchased the warranty. I emailed all of the information he said he needed. One attachment was the pictures, and one was the other documents.

I get another call from this same person, telling me he cannot open the attachment with the documents so he still needed proof that I purchased the warranty. I contacted Marlo’s and had them fax me a copy of what they have on file to show the purchase. During that conversation, I was told that I purchased a "stain safe" warranty. Well, this was news to me. The person who pushed the warranty down my throat told me the warranty would cover any problems I may have for five years. I never would have paid that much money for a "stain" warranty. Shame on Marlo’s, you have lost a customer. I will make it a point to tell people not to shop there and most definitely not to buy their crackpot warranties.

I called to get couch fixed. I told him my address and phone and email. He said to take pictures and email to him. He received the pictures and said they were no good. My daughter, wife and I could clearly see the damage. He then said it was not covered. I went to the store and he said, "You paid for insurance, so they'll take care of the problem." I ended up with nothing resolved. Please help me. The furniture company, ABC Furniture and insurance company, MasterGuard of Oceanside 1800922-4273 created me trashy.

I bought a warranty when I bought my leather sofa in Nov. 2011. It covers all accidents, peeling, punctures, etc. I noticed a puncture on the back of the couch. I contacted them and sent them pictures and all info. They denied my claim? What did I buy this warranty for? There seems to be a theme here. All their reviews are bad. They are not BBB accredited because of the bad ratings. This company takes your money and does not provide the service paid for.

We purchased two leather recliners at the same time from Savon Furniture in Ft. Myers, FL. Recently, we discovered two holes in the seat fabric. We contacted UV3Masterguard on the phone, who immediately declined the claim, saying that we did not know the cause and because we did not report it immediately. We know that it happen during the week of February 12th. They told us to take photos and email the pictures to them, which I immediately did. Within hours, a representative called and told me that they were declining the claim because it was caused by a chemical spill, which caused the fabric to deteriorate. Understand that these were photos which were not all that clear because we tried to get a close-up. How can they tell that these were stains and not tears by looking at the photos. They would not even assign an inspector to come out and see the damage.

This company is a total joke and, after reading some of the other complaints it's obvious that they are in the business of ripping people off. The representative was rude and would not even listen to me and, when he realized that I wasn't going to back down, he hung up. I called Savon Furniture who said they would send out their representative to look at the chair, but not for three weeks, by which time the tear could increase in size. I cannot understand why furniture stores use companies such as UV3Masterguard to sell protection packages for them. It sure does create ill will and will, undoubtedly, result is them getting a bad reputation as well. If I don't get a favorable response from Savon, I plan to pursue the matter further through a local newspaper investigative reporter.

Shame on any furniture store that sells protection packages from UV3Masterguard as they are not doing a favorable job of protecting their customers.

After a friend of mine stayed in the basement for a few months, I noticed that the sofa and ottoman were damaged. I submitted claims for the damage to UV3. My claims were denied. I was told that I had to call after each new stain occurred and that I had to steam clean first. How can I do that when I didn't know about the stains until she moved out?

I called them twice and submitted the claim within two weeks. I am 100% certain that this company is only in the business of denying claims and has not serviced any warranty claims. Their "worry-free" warranty is so restrictive, I honestly don't know what kind of damage would be covered. Marlo Furniture pitches the warranty as such a great thing. If anything happens to your furniture, it's covered...no problem. Well I am here to say that it is not true.

I purchased a 5-year warranty, made a claim, and did everything I was supposed to do. The claim was bogus denied. The reason is the item in question has normal wear and tear on it, and therefore, the covered claim cannot be repaired. Also I was told that before I could submit another claim during the duration of my 5-year warranty, I now need to repair the normal wear and tear along with the covered warranty item. Nowhere in my warranty does it state that.

Please help me. This is not right.

I bought the furniture from Marlo on October 2008. It includes a dining table, 6 chairs and entertainment system, which cost me around $3,000. Also, I purchased UV3 Masterguard protection plan for 5 years.

On December 2010, I claimed for broken leg, bended table, popped-up cushion, peeling leather, and damaged polish on chairs. I tried 3 times in December and January to submit the claim, but it is mail delivery problem with their mail system. Finally, I got submitted on February 28. After few weeks, I got a letter saying it was rejected because the incident happened beyond the 30-day time period. When I call them, they said they cannot do anything on it. This is kind of simply waiting for our money.

Also, they are saying that it is not covered because the damages happened in normal use. I think we are buying the furniture for normal and regular use. Anyway, I wasted my money.

Purchased a micro-fiber sectional through Marlo furniture in 2007. We bought the extended warranty that supposedly covered anything. A few years later a stain happened, tried to clean it with the supplied cleaner, even used a steam vac and still nothing. Called UV3 as that is who the warranty was through. They sent the paperwork, we took pictures documented everything and returned all the information.

1 week later, we get a reply saying that from the pictures, the stains appear to be old and not within the 30 day window. So, maybe one or two were old but I am more concerned with the current ones that are really visible. Nope, they did not care. They told us we had to get the couch professionally cleaned before they can proceed (now it does not say this anywhere in the warranty), but I did it anyway. Again, the dogs spilled some stuff on the couch and now I try another claim, "Oh sorry we do not cover that," the operator proceeds to read the warranty to me, never mentioning they do not cover stains from a dog knocking something over. This goes on a few more times and each time I call they make up some other excuse as to why they cannot cover the warranty I paid for. Just another scam for money, even if it was $129.99. Pain in the neck trying to get what we bought and paid for. That is all I ask, honor your warranty or quit selling it and scamming people.

UV3 MasterGuard Company Profile