2. Homeowners

uv3masterguard.com

1.3/5 (35 ratings)

About UV3 MasterGuard

UV3 MasterGuard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about UV3 MasterGuard?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about UV3 MasterGuard?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

The fabric protection is a complete farce. Persons visiting my home spilled coffee at numerous places on my furniture. The policy I purchased from Kane's was of no service. I was instructed to send photos of recently stained fabric furniture I purchased at Kane's to their 3rd party fabric protection company Masterguard UV3 in California. Everything was sent in a timely manner. I received a call from Masterguard 4 days later stating they were denying the claim due to "accumulated" stains. When I inquired what they meant by that, their rude male spokesman stated that stains were "too many" in nature and were not "accidental". When I responded with who intentionally stains their furniture, he pivoted stating that "stains were too numerous for coverage. Read your policy." Well I did read my policy an nowhere does it stains had to be accidental. If you're buying furniture at Kane's, skip the fabric protection or go elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I purchased a brand new leather sectional from Kane's in January. The saleslady was extremely accommodating and we'll ask a great salesperson; who ultimately talked me into purchasing the warranty from UV3 for cover and rips, tears or stains in the couch. Knowing that without children or animals this is probably nothing I would ever need, I still went ahead and purchased it for the peace of mind. Lo and behold, in October in Florida we get a cold spell out of nowhere and for once this season I get to wear my winter boots. While reclining on the couch this particular evening, while attempting to lower the electric recliner I immediately heard the noise no one wants to hear. It was a loud, ripping sound and as I looked down I quickly noticed the belt buckle on my boot had got caught in the leather on the side console and had ripped it and got tangled up in the boot buckle. I was panicked. How could this happen??

I proceeded to remove the boot from my foot and watched as it hung from the leather it was entwined in. My husband and I picked and prodded at it to no avail, we ended up having to cut a small circle around the buckle to get the leather off the buckle. In total devastation from being a working class person who just had the most valuable piece of furniture in my home get ripped, I breathed a huge sigh of relief as I remembered that I had purchased this "warranty" that would cover all accidental damage, stains, rips, tears. I immediately contacted UV3 to file a claim. I was instructed to email them images of the couch, the damage and a copy of my purchase receipt. I did this the same day.

The following Monday I received an email from Lisa the representative stating she had received all my documentation and that I would be contacted within one business day to handle the claim. the very next day I was contacted over the phone by Lisa, only to be told that "after reviewing it with management, it would not be covered under warranty because there was a small piece of leather missing". This shocked me, is that not what a warranty is for? Of course there is a piece of leather missing, had she not listened to anything I told her? I once again reiterated that the reason the leather was missing was because it had gotten so caught up in my belt buckle that there was no other way to remove it than to cut it off. She then advised if I had chose not to cut it off and had allowed the technician to see it with the boot removed, but the leather still there, it would've been covered.

It was like Lisa hasn't listened to anything I was saying. Clearly if the boot could have been removed without cutting it, don't you think we would have done it?? Then I explained to her that I was looking at the warranty and it states clearly that it covers any accidental rips or tears. At this point she started to get extremely irritated for no reason and told me I should take it up with Kane's for selling me a warranty that they made me believe would cover this kind of damage. She continued to yell at me over the phone, not allowing me to get a single word it, and eventually hung up. I am MORTIFIED at how I have been treated through this process. As someone who NEVER purchases extended warranties out of fear that this type of situation could occur, I feel completely vindicated for having those feelings. Folks, do not waste your money, this company is a racket who will try to use loopholes and angry salespeople to intimidate you.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

I brought the leather sofa and also bought leather warranty from this company. One of my sofa has beverage stain so I called them to open a claim. As per their request I submitted pictures and documents and they told us nothing was covered and were very rude and unhelpful. They have thousand of reason to denied your claim. I would not recommend this company or service to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2016

They gave us a certificate of warranty that looks like a diploma with little or no information on warranty. Small letter footnote that directs us to a website. Went to website, tried to get copy of warranty and the site only produced our name and address with no verbiage on warranty. Tried to make a claim on the tear on our sofa couch and was told that we have a limited warranty and the tear was not covered, it is less than a year old. So, I said, I'll get the warranty certificate to see what it reads but certificate didn't say anything about the warranty coverage. I have no other recourse but live with the tear. I will never buy a warranty from them or buy from any of their distributors.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2015

We brought this service for our couch, and the time we actually needed it. We called and submitted Pictures and documents and they told us nothing was covered and were very rude and unhelpful. We not recommend this company or service to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2015

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS AT ALL. Customer Service is horrible. If you purchase anything that says lifetime warranty it DOES NOT mean lifetime. They trick you and then want to intimidate you into not inquiring them to honor the service you paid for. KANES FURNITURE DUPED me. Don't waste your money!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2015

I contacted the furniture store we purchased our new recliner from 6 months ago in reference to a seam that was coming apart. The owner of the furniture store advised me to contact UV3 Masterguard since he realized we had purchased the protection plan. There was also a stain on the chair so I submitted the claim to UV3. They said they were not responsible for the seam because it was a manufacturing defect (they were correct and that is being repaired by manufacturer) but they denied my claim for the stain because it had "an accumulation of damages" on the claim.

Basically they said even though they were not responsible for the seam, since I put the stain on the same claim, they would not cover it even if I submitted a new claim for the seam. I spoke to a supervisor who did not care. She just kept saying you signed the contract it says, "accumulation of services", real **. DO NOT BUY THIS SCAM PROTECTION POLICY. YOU ARE GETTING RIPPED OFF LIKE ME.

Original review: June 16, 2015

My wife and I purchased a living room and dining room set with an extended warranty from UV3 Masterguard. The mechanism on our recliner has stopped working one and a half years ago. I have lodged many complaints in that time frame and have hit many walls. Every time my wife or I try to call them, they just hit us with an excuse of why they will not cover what clearly is stated in their contract as covered.

On the most recent call which I received from them, I spoke to a guy named ** who claimed to be a lead representative. He was calling me to advise me that the mechanism for my recliner that was defective could not be ordered any longer. So I asked him what my next step was and he basically said that it is my problem. He also said that based on the pictures that my wife sent 6-8 weeks ago (it did take them that long to get back to me...some customer care), that they saw there was a rip in the leather and because of this we have an accumulation of problems that it would be no longer covered.

So if I have two problems that are covered by the warranty that I paid for it is no longer their problem. At that point I asked to speak to his supervisor and he said he is the lead representative. I then asked for the Legal Department and he said I will give you our email address (the general address that takes them 3 months to respond to). When I continued to ask him questions he simply hung up on me...I would not recommend this business to my worst enemy, they are extremely unprofessional and they are thieves.

Original review: April 16, 2015

Please be aware that MasterGuard warranty is not worth paying a PENNY for, they will always find a reason not to cover the damage! As an example; if they think that a mark will not be made by mistake they will not cover! How can you prove if it's mistake or not??? They are only taking money providing NOTHING! DO NOT CHOOSE THEM FOR NOTHING! An angry customer.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2014

Bonded leather couch purchased from The Brick about 6 years ago. It was in immaculate condition. Ran out of the cleaner that was supplied to me when I purchased the couch. I purchased bottle of UV3 from the Brick store in Whitby Ontario at $22.00 per bottle and was told that it was the same stuff that had been included with my original purchase. My couch is now peeling.

UV3 MasterGuard Company Information