3.9/5 (193 ratings)

About Thermador Ovens

Thermador Ovens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador Ovens?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador Ovens?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

We bought this 36”, 6 burner stove new From a local appliance store. We have had multiple calls to have repairs made. 4 times for gas leaks, not a great experience, 4 different occasions. We have had to have two igniters replaced. I also had to have some control unit replaced after a pot boiled over and shorted out this element. That cost us $849. Now with the oven never heating to the desired temperature, and servicemen saying there is nothing they could do, the oven just won’t work at all. The parts to repair it are$2650 without the service call and installation. We paid over $5,000 for this piece of crap. After contacting Thermador, they offered me $ 200 off on parts. A range is suppose to turn on heat up and bake, cook as needed. What a waste of money and terrible customer service! Don’t buy one!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

We built a new home in 2015 and installed a complete kitchen from Thermador. The range had problems immediately but the service department responded and it has not been a problem. The microwave failed after less than 5 years and there is no replacement that will work with the built in oven combo. Numerous calls, service visits and still the microwave does not work. I am punting and buying a Bosch.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

I purchased a high-end Thermador built in double oven. In total, this appliance was used less than 60 times. The oven would shut off and start beeping-- you would have to turn off main breaker and cross your fingers to restart it. I have had numerous people try to fix it-- to no avail. We live on Maui and the nobody wants to work on Thermadors or our piece of junk Viking refrigerator. We will save our money and buy our appliances at Sears or Lowe's. Save your money.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

This oven has malfunctioned since the day it was installed. It doesn’t heat to the right temperature, it doesn’t maintain the right temperature and nothing ever cooks inside. When using the top oven simultaneously with the bottom oven, the bottom oven automatically cools down. It was finally replaced with a new one and the new one does the same thing. I am going to take the $8,500 loss, and buy a new oven. Also, I would steer clear of Thermador refrigerators as well. They are very poorly designed!

Original review: July 4, 2020

These stoves are expensive. They’re supposed to work. There is supposed to be rapid customer service. The griddle is calibrated on both sides. It’s not. The stove goes up to high temps or can’t keep the temp. The range and wall ovens reset. It is supposed to be a motherboard issue. I’m very frustrated as we can’t cook. Family of six and we can’t cook. The stove turn off in the middle of the bake or resets or can’t keep the temp. If it does t lock up and you can’t open the door.

Original review: June 6, 2020

Don't buy Thermador ranges. A COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY AND A LOT OF IT. We've had the ProGrand garbage for 1 year. Excluding previous problems, the most recent is the oven lights no longer function. Called Thermador for assistance. They stated that while still under warranty, the oven bulbs (2 of them) are a routine consumer maintenance issue and a tech would not be assigned. So, I spent $40 for a bulb. Despite I specified that no lights function in the oven, Thermador sent me only 1 light. With much difficulty, I replaced the defective bulb in the lower right of the oven. Powered the oven back up, AND NOTHING. Removed the new bulb and placed it into the upper left socket. After powering back up, AND NOTHING.

Frankly, I've never had to replace an oven bulb in a 10 year old oven, you know, the far cheaper commonly found brand names of Kenmore, Amana, Frigidaire or other LOW END ovens. But for $10,000 you can buy a Pro Grand and have all kinds of fun calling for support, technicians, and an oven that is pure, bonafide garbage. Get this, in preheating mode, the oven will on occasion never reach set point. Rebooting the power supply seems to help. The racks are a dream too. They are extremely difficult to interchange to a new height setting. And they DON'T CARE.

On a prior occasion speaking with Thermador support, I asked if I could convey my dissatisfaction with their quality group. Specifically, they have some serious quality control issues. I was told that was not possible. This oven, and the lack of Thermador's concern is all the reason a consumer needs to know that this product is garbage and very expensive at that, relatively to conventional offerings. STAY AWAY, DON'T BUY A THERMADOR OVEN.

Original review: March 27, 2020

Thermador -Unless you enjoying seeing F-34 codes on the panel, do not buy! Their products are suppose to be a higher end brand of appliances and the cost goes right along with that. I have a Thermador built in double wall oven. I cannot tell you how many control panels I have had replaced at $486 each plus labor! Tack on the relay and touch panel replacements, I've clearly spent more on the repairs than the outrageously priced oven. I had an authorized Thermador service company here. After following the advice of THERMADOR tech. (who was on speaker phone,) they decided to replace the control panel. That was done but it did not fix the problem. So now trying a display panel BUT once an electronic part is opened it cannot be returned. So $486 down the drain. When panel was connected something happened with electric and everything went out. Now they say I need relay, control and display! NO THANK YOU!!

I have never written a negative comment on any appliance before and probably would not have bothered with this, but the poor customer service was worse than the actual horrible oven. When I called customer service, I can tell that she was not interested in what I had to say. All service call copies were emailed to the email address given with a case number she gave me. I followed up 3 days later and of course they said customer service gave me the wrong email address. Back to square 1. No working oven, in the middle of a pandemic with a family of 6 and only a cooktop and microwave. Thank goodness my cooktop is a Viking. Never had a service call on it. I am purchasing a new wall oven. I would love to drop this off at Thermador's doorstep. Purchasing a new oven. Needless to say it will not be a Thermador.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

When we renovated our kitchen a few years back, we bought a Thermador Range and Hood. About 3 years down the line, two burners stopped working. The Thermador recommended repair service was able to repair it once. It went bad again after a year and now nobody can repair it. They keep telling us the parts are not available. Same is the case with hood, the panel with the start and stop buttons has stopped working and no one can repair it. Just keep paying these servicemen over and over again. I will never buy a Thermador product again. Too expensive and stops working too quickly. Price does not match product. Dissatisfied Customer.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I thought I would pay more and receive a better quality oven. I purchased double ovens - Thermador and am extremely unhappy. They both stopped working after about 10 uses. Thermador customer service was useless, telling me I had to get a repair company here before they’d consider paying. These ovens were installed late August 2019! Cannot get anyone here for a week. Do not buy Thermador both because of poor quality and nonexistent customer service.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

The thermostat has never worked properly. If it was set for 350degrees it would always be 35 to 50 degrees less. I have had the repair service and they always replace the thermostat. This worked for a while only to revert back to the same problem. The last time I had service my contract had run out so I paid for the service and the part out of pocket. It was then the repairman told me there was a recall on another problem which the previous service people never told me. And never fixed while I had a service contract. Now I am experiencing the same trouble with the thermostat, I set the temperature to 375 and when I did a reset after baking for awhile the temperature was only 305 degrees. So my food is not cooking and I am at a loss for words as to why this is happening every 10 to 12 months.

Thermador Ovens Company Information