2.9/5 (73 ratings)

About Thermador Ovens

Thermador Ovens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador Ovens?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador Ovens?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

The repair person is coming out for the third time to replace the fan. We told Thermador that the unit does not heat to the designated temperature. Now the unit is only heating to 230 degrees so we will be seeing the repair person for the 4th time. They cannot have the repair person repair the heating issue on the same day because Thermador didn't write up the repair ticket properly and even though it is a week a week away they want their customer to miss a 3rd and 4th day of work for the privilege of owning a Thermador oven.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I wanted to share some actual photos of the Thermador ME302YP Masterpiece Double Oven. The oven doors are not stainless steel; they are a contemporary gray glass. In my opinion, the description and photos on the Thermador website are misleading. In the header, it says 30" Stainless Steel, and nowhere in the description does it mention this glass. On the website, the single photo of the double oven as well as the double oven installed in both dark and light cabinetry do not portray the true contrast of the materials. Many dealers do not have it in their showrooms as it is a new model and my dealer was not aware of this model having the glass doors until I brought it up. Hope this helps others make their appliance decisions.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

The WORST experience ever. Had to have a repair person twice in the first year (range) and again a year later (hood). Now, in the 3rd year, I again have an oven (code 43) not heating up and was told it would be a MONTH to have someone come out. After being given 4 alternative repair companies, 2 of them were the same phone #, one was out of the area, and one did come but didn't order my part. After calling back, they said I didn't APPROVE the order. No one asked for any approval! I was told by the repair company out of the area they get calls from people all over the country.

Original review: July 29, 2022

Our Thermador Range has malfunctioned for most of our 5 year ownership. Thermador Repair Service failed to repair our range over 18 months due to wrong and unavailable parts, as well as not even showing up for nearly 10 appointments, after we waited 6-8 weeks for each appointment. Even in the end, this month, they refused to repair the range out of warranty and also refused to correct their mistakes due to their installing inaccurate natural gas parts on our propane range which is dangerous from their many mistakes of over 6 different repairmen. They left us with their lemon, of which some of their repairmen mentioned with 2 burners and an oven not working. Shame on Thermador, so be here warned. We cannot recommend this horrible company.

Original review: July 6, 2022

I am beyond disgusted with this company. I ordered over $20K worth of appliances (in-wall oven, cooktop, dishwasher, refrigerator, and coffee machine) in June 2021. The appliances finally started showing up in November... one by one over the next several months. However, the in-wall oven/microwave still isn't here. The update I got today is that it will be here in November of 2022... 18 months after I ordered it!!! I literally will have NO OVEN for 18 months!! And similar to other people's reviews, they aren't transparent about an actual delivery date.

They literally have given my 8 dates on when the oven should be in, but the date keeps getting pushed which is always on the date it is supposed to arrive. To add insult to injury, Thermador is so apathetic about the situation- every time I call, I don't even get anyone that will try and help me, just a 'yeah, sorry'. So if you are looking for an oven delivery date in mid-2024, I would order it now or take your money elsewhere.

Original review: July 4, 2022

Bought a Thermador six burner stove from Abt. I can’t use the low setting because it keeps turning off. The top of the stove is made of the worst material possible for a stove top. If food is spilled, there is no way of cleaning it. After only a few weeks I had to replace the entire stove top, and again now a few weeks later it looks terrible again. The oven makes as very loud bang, as it warms up. I spend over 11,000 on this piece of garbage, and it is really upsetting to have to put up with this stove. And also Abt store who advertises “satisfaction guaranteed,” what a big lie. The guarantee goes as far as the product warranty. I have expressed to them how much I hate this stove, and they paid partial replacement cost for the top to be changed. I just know I have to buy a new stove. I just didn’t think an 11,000 stove is only good for a few months. They should be ashamed.

Original review: June 11, 2022

We’ve had our Thermador range top and oven for over 20 years. So kudos for longevity. Recently I noticed one of the range burners had a flame that seemed lower than the other burners. I checked the manual but no help there. I then call Thermadorian customer support. First was the obligatory, “we are having high call volume…” That all companies use to justify their poor staffing levels. An agent finally answered but midway through the conversation I was disconnected and no return call.

The second agent I reached was pleasant and I asked her for advice on how to adjust the flame. She explained to me her job is not to provide technical support but to take my number and have a technician come out to my house (at my expense of course). So there apparently is no one you can call to ask a simple question about the products once you are out of warranty. This is unfortunate since there are many large companies that gladly answer simple questions.

Original review: May 12, 2022

My oven is only 8 months old and stopped working. It took 3 weeks to get a service appointment only to be told that they would have to order a part and come back at some unknown date. How long will I be without a functioning oven? Bad service!

Original review: April 25, 2022

We bought our Thermador range in 2019 and were very excited. Unfortunately almost immediately started having problems keeping the oven and the range igniters working. It has been a struggle to keep it working. During the first 2 years of ownership we have had constant problems and 10 service calls. We finally asked Thermador to replace this lemon and their reply was that "it was too old". (2 years!!). This range should last 20 years with very little maintenance!

We are sick and tired of this terrible experience and are going to have to buy another range/oven now. We were hopeful that Thermador might step up and help us. Unfortunately for us they are turning a blind eye to us and not willing to stand behind their product and frankly we can't believe it. We are writing this review to let appliance shoppers know our experience and that we would NEVER buy or recommend a Thermador product. We cannot keep this appliance working and the company's response to date has been to provide very little support or satisfaction at all. If you buy a Thermador, Buyer beware!!

Original review: March 7, 2022

I recently purchased a Thermador double wall oven. Since I was replacing an existing Thermador double wall oven and needed the same size, I did not check the reviews. My mistake. The ovens do not properly heat, so I contacted the store where I purchased the ovens and they came and checked them out. According to Yale Electric where I purchased the ovens, I should not expect the ovens to be at temp when the ovens register that they are at temp. I was told to preheat for a half an hour before using. Even when I do this, the ovens do not properly heat. Second issue is with the door venting system. The vents are just above the window, and while you cook, splattering can seep into the space leaving you with streaks and food on the inside of the glass. There is no way to clean it. I would not recommend purchasing a Thermador and regret my decision to do so.

Thermador Ovens Company Information