3.9/5 (223 ratings)

About Thermador Ovens

Thermador Ovens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador Ovens?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador Ovens?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Purchased Thermador Professional Double Oven. After 3 visits by the service department for error code issues, Thermador replaced the oven. The replacement oven started to develop intermittent issues …Not turning on, staying on even though settings where in off position error codes. Service came, and after spending time on phone with Thermador directly, his comment was “I have no idea what the problem is”. I am waiting to hear from Thermador what their next step is.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

We remodeled our kitchen in 2016 and spent a small fortune on what we believed to be high end appliances with Thermador. The Thermador range/steam oven combo is a piece of junk! Thermador replaced the first one within a year because we had so many problems and now the current one we are on our 6th major repair in 5 years! The current repair - replacing the convention motor for the second time - has taken us over 2 months to get completed...and we are still waiting (they've cancelled our appointment twice by not showing up). Thermador customer service is pretty much non-existent. Do yourself a favor and buy another brand!

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

I hate my new stove - it doesn’t have a timer or a thermometer. It cooks uneven. It trips circuit breakers. I paid $6,300 for this piece of junk. They replaced the inside thermometer but it still cooks uneven. My $99.00 AirFryer cooks and baked way better than this oven. Don’t waste your money - Oh and then you call to talk to customer service and after on hold for an hour it disconnects.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I remodeled my kitchen 6 years ago and purchased 4 major appliances from a dealer specializing in this company - Thermador! I researched Thermador and saw that they were highly rated. Well, every appliance has been a piece of trash and I can't use my oven as it doesn't keep temperature and the part has been in limbo for 2 months. My induction cooktop has been repaired a couple of times over these 6 years. Now my dishwasher's springs have popped and I am waiting for a certified Thermador tech to come and fix it. I am afraid to try my Thermador steam oven in the case that it may break before I sell my house and won't meet inspection. What a BAD company selling this trash. BEWARE!!!

Original review: April 29, 2021
    This is a Thermador PRG304 something. It’s a terrible stove. Way overpriced, inferior to a simple sub-thousand dollar stove we had before. It's got all kinds of problems. Broiler sucks. You open the oven, flames lick out, and yet it burns things or doesn't heat them enough. Star burners wobble. And the air currents, they don't make a steady flame. And the oven doesn't heat up very fast. We don't get consistent results. Save your money, this thing sucks. You could buy five stainless steel, I don't know, Samsung stoves for the same price. They work better, plus they have thermostats on them that you can set timers. Just stay away, it's a rip off. And it’s smaller than the one we had before in the same form factor, and it weighs a ton. There’s nothing good I can say about it.
    Original review: April 27, 2021

We had a range from Thermador that never quite worked. After growing frustration, we finally called service and they told us that there was a defect with the logic board for our year of manufacture. However, because we waited so long (partially because of the pandemic) we were out of our two year warranty and they wouldn't repair the defect without spending $700 on the repair. This is for a $20,000+ range. Avoid this company like the plague.

Original review: April 19, 2021

I bought these ovens two years ago and two weeks ago they died. I need some kind of panel and a control panel, which will not be available for another 3 weeks. They were fine until now, but two years is not a lot of time for a pretty pricey oven and I don't even have one functioning -- they both died. Customer service is kind, but useless.

Original review: March 30, 2021

We purchased a Thermador double oven and had it installed the day after Thanksgiving. Seemed ok for the first few weeks but then the bottom oven stopped working. Reset the circuit breaker and the bottom oven turned back on. Went to rotisserie a prime rib on Christmas Eve, rotisserie wouldn’t turn. Ended up using the roast option. Called the appliance store where we bought the oven and Thermador to get a technician to come out. While waiting on parts the upper steamer oven stopped working completely. Resetting the circuit breaker didn’t help. We finally got the bottom oven fixed a couple weeks ago but the technician didn’t know anything about the upper oven problem. So now we wait until the parts arrive for the upper oven. Four months and $8000 worth of disappointment.

Original review: March 15, 2021

I purchased a whole kitchen of appliances in 2019. My pride purchase was a Thermador 36 inch gas 4 burner with a grill in the middle. 7149.99 stove alone. The meat probe from the oven was never used until that Thanksgiving when I was going to cook my first turkey with my Thermador stove probe kit. Seems simple right? Put the probe in the turkey, set it and wait for the probe to chirp. Right from the start it gave me a defective code with the probe in. It couldn't be used. Since the fall of 2019 until today Thermador's qualified service techs have been to the house 5 times and are unable to fix it.

One and one half years later no resolution. They just decided that they would replace my stove. The replacement is the stove prg366wh which is 1000.00 dollars less. They refuse to reimburse even a fraction of the amount claiming I've had the stove over a year, even though my call for service was less than 6 months after owning the stove. I've declined, I'm off to court. Somethings are a matter of principle. Bottom line, Thermador is no longer able to support their past reputation. One last thing I discovered during this problem. The parts are made in China, so how do they claim the quality when everything is being made for all at the same sweatshop. Stay away from Thermador. Worst purchase I've made in 20 years.

Original review: March 4, 2021

While products are good dont get cheated into taking an extended warranty. We paid $1000s for the extended service plan and the staff at Thermador are absolutely incompetent from reps to managers. They dont know how to write COIs and for any correction take months. They dont call back and it takes 30 mins on hold to reach their toll free number. Unbelievable unprofessional service for such expensive appliances.

Thermador Ovens Company Information