3.5/5 (297 ratings)

About Thermador Ovens

Thermador Ovens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador Ovens?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

We bought a Thermador $8000 steam and regular oven 4 years ago. Since that time, we have had nothing but trouble and service calls. The latest issue is that the steam oven does not work (we BARELY cook) and we have been waiting TWO months for parts; it is 4 years old and as I said, we barely cook. We are using Thermador's suggested appliance repair company.

We also have no reliable bottom oven. The oven takes over an hour (today I'm at 2 hours waiting for it to get to 375) to heat. We have to turn it on and off, open and close the door, try convection and basically voodoo it until it starts heating. If we open the steam oven while trying to get the bottom oven to work, the whole unit shuts off and reboots itself. We haven't had an oven since.... before Thanksgiving. Yes, Thanksgiving was ruined.

This isn't the only time we have had issue. There have been issues with the oven multiple times over the last four years. Additionally, after you are done using the bottom oven - when it decides to heat - the fan noise to "cool" the oven is so loud you have to leave the room. Thermador says that is, "normal." I'm sick to my stomach that I listened to the salesperson at Spencer's Appliance (locally owned so I mistakenly thought perhaps they wanted to keep customers) and bought the oven.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

We are approaching Thanksgiving and this oven will not perform. I have a "small" chicken as a test in the oven to confirm that after 5 years and multiple Thermador promises/repairs 1hr/350 and the chicken is raw. T accepts no responsibility for their poor quality.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

I have never in my life encountered a company that was so unresponsive! I was so excited to purchase a range that included a steam oven in addition to convection oven, warming drawer, 6 burners and a griddle. The darn thing started malfunctioning almost immediately, and I haven't had a functioning oven and 4 of the burners for the last 2.5 years!!!! If I had not purchased the extended warranty, I would have been screwed for this $15,000 range!!!! The oven fan would run endlessly after the oven was cool (had to go throw breaker switches to turn it off), individual burners would turn themselves off, the ovens would turn themselves off until the entire thing simply refused to work at all! (Error Code 0610) At first, Thermador was "supportive", gave me contact info for the 3 authorized repair companies. The first one worked tirelessly for 2 years on it! Started happening before Covid happened, took FOREVER for parts to come in.

EVERY SINGLE PART on it has been replaced at least twice! All 5 circuit boards, wire harness, knobs, etc, etc. Each time a part was ordered it took a month to arrive! I documented everything, and my calls to Thermador/Bosch were endless. I always had to speak with a customer service rep from some other country and literally start over each time I called. Finally got really angry and raged at that company! 2.5 years later, I just received reimbursement for that piece of junk. All that has worked in the last 2.5 years are two burners and the electric griddle!!!! Thank God my husband insisted at the same time we bought the Thermador on a little speed oven/microwave (Miele) that works like a charm.

I've also been cooking outside on the gas grill as needed (learned how to bake bread in it!) and an air fryer! It's been an absolute nightmare. I also have Thermador fridge/freezer columns and a dishwasher, and they've been fine (fingers crossed). But I will NEVER EVER purchase a Thermador product again. And they're supposed to be among the best! The customer service is abysmal, and I felt that they just wanted me to give up and live with this non-functioning pile. I am happily going range shopping tomorrow. If you buy a Thermador oven, do yourself a favor and spend the extra $$ on the extended warranty to protect your investment. Their response and communication are terrible!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

Issues started right away and I should have returned the stove but I allowed Thermador to fix it and now I am regretting that decision. First issue: When the range was delivered, the gas burners did not work. Turns out the factory had installed the burners backwards (i.e., bigger burners in the back). A Thermador technician came and diagnosed and fixed that quickly. Second issue: Sporadically when the oven door closed, the whole over would reset. If you didn't catch the resetting of the display, this meant the oven turned off and you had to bring all the knobs back to off before turning it back on. In addition you needed to reprogram everything like the time. The Thermador technician was never able to reproduce this issue and refused to fix it.

Third issue: The entire display has gone dark and the oven no longer works. The Thermador technician claims that the software deleted itself and that the software needs to be re-installed. However, they don't have the tools to do so. Therefore, they have to order all new hardware (i.e., circuit boards) from the California warehouse. The warehouse currently does not have any circuit boards in stock and they don't know when they will get any. I have to call back each week to ask. There appears to be a class action lawsuit that is being prepared for this exact problem.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

The repair person is coming out for the third time to replace the fan. We told Thermador that the unit does not heat to the designated temperature. Now the unit is only heating to 230 degrees so we will be seeing the repair person for the 4th time. They cannot have the repair person repair the heating issue on the same day because Thermador didn't write up the repair ticket properly and even though it is a week a week away they want their customer to miss a 3rd and 4th day of work for the privilege of owning a Thermador oven.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I wanted to share some actual photos of the Thermador ME302YP Masterpiece Double Oven. The oven doors are not stainless steel; they are a contemporary gray glass. In my opinion, the description and photos on the Thermador website are misleading. In the header, it says 30" Stainless Steel, and nowhere in the description does it mention this glass. On the website, the single photo of the double oven as well as the double oven installed in both dark and light cabinetry do not portray the true contrast of the materials. Many dealers do not have it in their showrooms as it is a new model and my dealer was not aware of this model having the glass doors until I brought it up. Hope this helps others make their appliance decisions.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

The WORST experience ever. Had to have a repair person twice in the first year (range) and again a year later (hood). Now, in the 3rd year, I again have an oven (code 43) not heating up and was told it would be a MONTH to have someone come out. After being given 4 alternative repair companies, 2 of them were the same phone #, one was out of the area, and one did come but didn't order my part. After calling back, they said I didn't APPROVE the order. No one asked for any approval! I was told by the repair company out of the area they get calls from people all over the country.

Original review: July 29, 2022

Our Thermador Range has malfunctioned for most of our 5 year ownership. Thermador Repair Service failed to repair our range over 18 months due to wrong and unavailable parts, as well as not even showing up for nearly 10 appointments, after we waited 6-8 weeks for each appointment. Even in the end, this month, they refused to repair the range out of warranty and also refused to correct their mistakes due to their installing inaccurate natural gas parts on our propane range which is dangerous from their many mistakes of over 6 different repairmen. They left us with their lemon, of which some of their repairmen mentioned with 2 burners and an oven not working. Shame on Thermador, so be here warned. We cannot recommend this horrible company.

Original review: July 6, 2022

I am beyond disgusted with this company. I ordered over $20K worth of appliances (in-wall oven, cooktop, dishwasher, refrigerator, and coffee machine) in June 2021. The appliances finally started showing up in November... one by one over the next several months. However, the in-wall oven/microwave still isn't here. The update I got today is that it will be here in November of 2022... 18 months after I ordered it!!! I literally will have NO OVEN for 18 months!! And similar to other people's reviews, they aren't transparent about an actual delivery date.

They literally have given my 8 dates on when the oven should be in, but the date keeps getting pushed which is always on the date it is supposed to arrive. To add insult to injury, Thermador is so apathetic about the situation- every time I call, I don't even get anyone that will try and help me, just a 'yeah, sorry'. So if you are looking for an oven delivery date in mid-2024, I would order it now or take your money elsewhere.

Original review: July 4, 2022

Bought a Thermador six burner stove from Abt. I can’t use the low setting because it keeps turning off. The top of the stove is made of the worst material possible for a stove top. If food is spilled, there is no way of cleaning it. After only a few weeks I had to replace the entire stove top, and again now a few weeks later it looks terrible again. The oven makes as very loud bang, as it warms up. I spend over 11,000 on this piece of garbage, and it is really upsetting to have to put up with this stove. And also Abt store who advertises “satisfaction guaranteed,” what a big lie. The guarantee goes as far as the product warranty. I have expressed to them how much I hate this stove, and they paid partial replacement cost for the top to be changed. I just know I have to buy a new stove. I just didn’t think an 11,000 stove is only good for a few months. They should be ashamed.

Thermador Ovens Company Information