3.8/5 (157 ratings)

About Thermador Ovens

Thermador Ovens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador Ovens?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Thermador Ovens?

Original review: May 12, 2022

My oven is only 8 months old and stopped working. It took 3 weeks to get a service appointment only to be told that they would have to order a part and come back at some unknown date. How long will I be without a functioning oven? Bad service!

Original review: April 25, 2022

We bought our Thermador range in 2019 and were very excited. Unfortunately almost immediately started having problems keeping the oven and the range igniters working. It has been a struggle to keep it working. During the first 2 years of ownership we have had constant problems and 10 service calls. We finally asked Thermador to replace this lemon and their reply was that "it was too old". (2 years!!). This range should last 20 years with very little maintenance!

We are sick and tired of this terrible experience and are going to have to buy another range/oven now. We were hopeful that Thermador might step up and help us. Unfortunately for us they are turning a blind eye to us and not willing to stand behind their product and frankly we can't believe it. We are writing this review to let appliance shoppers know our experience and that we would NEVER buy or recommend a Thermador product. We cannot keep this appliance working and the company's response to date has been to provide very little support or satisfaction at all. If you buy a Thermador, Buyer beware!!

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 7, 2022

I recently purchased a Thermador double wall oven. Since I was replacing an existing Thermador double wall oven and needed the same size, I did not check the reviews. My mistake. The ovens do not properly heat, so I contacted the store where I purchased the ovens and they came and checked them out. According to Yale Electric where I purchased the ovens, I should not expect the ovens to be at temp when the ovens register that they are at temp. I was told to preheat for a half an hour before using. Even when I do this, the ovens do not properly heat. Second issue is with the door venting system. The vents are just above the window, and while you cook, splattering can seep into the space leaving you with streaks and food on the inside of the glass. There is no way to clean it. I would not recommend purchasing a Thermador and regret my decision to do so.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Purchased Thermador Professional Double Oven. After 3 visits by the service department for error code issues, Thermador replaced the oven. The replacement oven started to develop intermittent issues …Not turning on, staying on even though settings where in off position error codes. Service came, and after spending time on phone with Thermador directly, his comment was “I have no idea what the problem is”. I am waiting to hear from Thermador what their next step is.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

We remodeled our kitchen in 2016 and spent a small fortune on what we believed to be high end appliances with Thermador. The Thermador range/steam oven combo is a piece of junk! Thermador replaced the first one within a year because we had so many problems and now the current one we are on our 6th major repair in 5 years! The current repair - replacing the convention motor for the second time - has taken us over 2 months to get completed...and we are still waiting (they've cancelled our appointment twice by not showing up). Thermador customer service is pretty much non-existent. Do yourself a favor and buy another brand!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

I hate my new stove - it doesn’t have a timer or a thermometer. It cooks uneven. It trips circuit breakers. I paid $6,300 for this piece of junk. They replaced the inside thermometer but it still cooks uneven. My $99.00 AirFryer cooks and baked way better than this oven. Don’t waste your money - Oh and then you call to talk to customer service and after on hold for an hour it disconnects.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I remodeled my kitchen 6 years ago and purchased 4 major appliances from a dealer specializing in this company - Thermador! I researched Thermador and saw that they were highly rated. Well, every appliance has been a piece of trash and I can't use my oven as it doesn't keep temperature and the part has been in limbo for 2 months. My induction cooktop has been repaired a couple of times over these 6 years. Now my dishwasher's springs have popped and I am waiting for a certified Thermador tech to come and fix it. I am afraid to try my Thermador steam oven in the case that it may break before I sell my house and won't meet inspection. What a BAD company selling this trash. BEWARE!!!

Original review: April 29, 2021
    This is a Thermador PRG304 something. It’s a terrible stove. Way overpriced, inferior to a simple sub-thousand dollar stove we had before. It's got all kinds of problems. Broiler sucks. You open the oven, flames lick out, and yet it burns things or doesn't heat them enough. Star burners wobble. And the air currents, they don't make a steady flame. And the oven doesn't heat up very fast. We don't get consistent results. Save your money, this thing sucks. You could buy five stainless steel, I don't know, Samsung stoves for the same price. They work better, plus they have thermostats on them that you can set timers. Just stay away, it's a rip off. And it’s smaller than the one we had before in the same form factor, and it weighs a ton. There’s nothing good I can say about it.
    Original review: April 27, 2021

We had a range from Thermador that never quite worked. After growing frustration, we finally called service and they told us that there was a defect with the logic board for our year of manufacture. However, because we waited so long (partially because of the pandemic) we were out of our two year warranty and they wouldn't repair the defect without spending $700 on the repair. This is for a $20,000+ range. Avoid this company like the plague.

Original review: April 19, 2021

I bought these ovens two years ago and two weeks ago they died. I need some kind of panel and a control panel, which will not be available for another 3 weeks. They were fine until now, but two years is not a lot of time for a pretty pricey oven and I don't even have one functioning -- they both died. Customer service is kind, but useless.

Thermador Ovens Company Information