3.8/5 (512 ratings)

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems near you

About SimpliSafe

SimpliSafe designs wireless home security systems that are easy to install with no drilling or tools. With a wide array of sensors and security cameras, SimpliSafe offers all-encompassing protection plus integrated apps that make system control possible from anywhere. It provides seamless 24/7 alarm monitoring without the long-term contracts and sky-high prices of traditional home security companies.

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems near you

Pros

• Affordable plans
    • Highly customizable packages
    • Simple DIY installation

Cons

• Upfront equipment costs

Bottom Line

SimpliSafe has one of the most affordable home security system plans on the market. You do have to pay for the equipment, but packages are highly customizable, and the DIY installation is easy.

SimpliSafe Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SimpliSafe?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

We purchased the door sensors, the station, the camera and the sensors on the inside. You're allowed to see it on your app but you cannot see any of the recordings unless you pay them per month to do so so all the money you spend on the system. Nothing works unless you pay them money. Not a good system to buy. There are other systems out there that don't require monthly payments to get your security.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

This company cannot process an order in a correct manner already set to return the 800.00 product and its not even received yet. Customer service of no assistance at all after 30 minute phone call. I cannot imagine the hassle to activate the service let alone trust my home and family with this company. System will be returned when finally received.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

I have a complete SimpliSafe system in my home. Had a problem with the Carbon Monoxide detector in the system, so I needed a warranty replacement only to be told that “SimpliSafe no longer supports that device and it is permanently out of stock….Customer Service 08/08/22.” I quit ADT to put in the SimpliSafe system as it was complete with cameras, smoke detector, carbon monoxide, motion sensors, window coverage, and key code door lock and video doorbell. Very disappointed in SimpliSafe for not letting their customers know that they no longer even carry the carbon monoxide detector. If mine had not faulted, I guess I would not know either. We like the idea of a complete coverage system, and SimpliSafe is no longer in that category! Too bad, I really like what they are doing but this was a gut punch.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

This system is God awful. I spent a significant amount of money for sensors, cameras, glass breakages, and motion detectors. First night sensors dropped off. All throughout winter different sensors dropped signals. I had sensors on 30 windows. At some point, 10 sensors dropped the signal and came back on and continued to dropped the signal. I also have the door locks from Simplisafe. Tonight I went out to look at the locks and the front door is not online, not connected. It said to check the battery, I just put this thing on in May. So it can't be the battery. As I said in the beginning, do not buy Simplisafe. I just spent another $1,800 to put Ring in. I still have to get the locks. We live in another state from where this house is and I like to keep an eye on everything to make sure it's all secure. I can't do that with Simplisafe. If I have said it enough I'll say it again, STAY AWAY FROM SIMPLISAFE!!!

Original review: July 23, 2022

I have had SimpliSafe for approximately 7 years. We have the system for 27.99/mo. that includes monitoring where they call you if there is an alarm. We just upgraded to System 3. We were asked if we wanted smoke detectors so we said yes as we thought that it was tied into their system. BEWARE, it is not. The smoke detector is a stand-alone detector with no monitoring involved. We paid $29.99 for each of the detectors that don't operate any differently than one that can be purchased at a big box store for about $15.00. Other than the smoke detectors, we love our system. Very reliable.

Original review: July 14, 2022

I recently purchased the Stonefront package at a 20% discount with free camera. I went back online to review the package and saw the new promotion was 45% discount with free camera. I looked at my invoice and saw I was charged for the camera then received 20% discount. I called Customer Service to see if they could apply the 45% to my order and the sales dept said no. Any other company gives you 30 days for purchase protection where if you find the same product for a lesser price, they will honor it. In order for me to receive the discount I have to place another order. I asked to speak to someone in the Sales Dept. and they told me "No". So, I decided to return the whole system un-opened for a full refund. I have worked in sales for years and if I didn't take care of the customer, I would lose my job. This has been one of the worst Customer Service experiences I have ever had. Would not recommend them at all!!!

Original review: July 6, 2022

Stay away from SimpliSafe. Purchased the system and every time we lose power, the system takes a lot of time and effort to get it to reboot. The last time the power just flickered and now the system refuses to reboot. Each time I call Simplisafe, each rep gives bogus reasons as to why this happens. They are now claiming it is my internet provider and I should contact them. Even though I run most of my house using my internet, Simplisafe is the only issues I am having. So It is not the internet. Now I have a nonworking system sitting on my desk. Ever since I purchased the system, I have had nothing but issues. And the customer service is horrible. Once the rep got frustrated she could not resolve the issue, she hung up on me. Horrible system and horrible customer service.

Original review: June 8, 2022

The system looks great and I love the sound of the voice. I love the designs of all of the devices and how they work. The customer service has been great so far and the price points are good overall. Here's the bad; all of the cameras, including the new outdoor camera have horrible picture quality, they take forever to view from your phone including the doorbell ringer/camera. Most of the time it will alert me that there is motion detected but the videos are almost never available to view.

They can't me out with new products but can take a year to get the product's apps to function for it. As far as I can tell the company does not offer their own instructional videos but rely on customers or reviewers to post them on YouTube. The batteries in the outdoor camera last about a week and need to be recharged and the solar panel for it that you pay for separately barely helps it at all. The door lock is horrible. Flimsy and doesn't engage the deadbolt fully no matter how much you make adjustments on it. I'm definitely going to pony up the money to get a real security camera system installed, with cameras that actually take decent images and can be viewed when it needs to be viewed.

Original review: June 6, 2022

**ZERO STARS** I bought a system 7 months ago and during set up none of the cameras worked. They apologized after hours of troubleshooting and said they would overnight me new cameras especially because we were going out of town. The camera never came, we waited 2 weeks for the camera to come because we called them AGAIN when we came back in town and the CSR said they forgot to send the replacement. So, we attempted to set up the cameras again with tech/CSR for hours on the phone and he said that he thinks they sent us an older camera by accident that doesn't work with our internet, He then suggested we DOWNGRADE our internet service quality to accommodate the old camera. I said I'd think about it because we have been with our service for 3 years. Also, why does your NEW equipment not work with today's internet speed?? STUPID!

SO then 2 months go by of us trying to trouble shoot and we are Now out of our 60 day return window. We had been told that all we need to do is continue troubleshooting with them to get it working properly and have everything working together with the hope that our alarms and the cameras will work together as one because NOW we cannot get our money (almost $ 400) back. All while they keep telling us they have a Liefetime Warranty and all we need to do is spend hours on the phone trying to get it to work as they do not do in home setup.

So, here we are... phone calls later having them send an entirely new system shipped to us because we didn't feel right trying to sell the current system we had, even though their CSR told us to, in hopes that the new system they're sending works. Just so we can turn around and sell it online ourselves in hopes to recover some of our money spent, which is actually nothing compared to the amount of time we spent on the phone. Warning you now... AVOID this BRAND, It's Products and Services at all costs!!!

Original review: June 2, 2022

Monitoring service is excellent. Customer service and order processing is awful! Placed an order on 5/27. On 5/28 I received ship notification and tracking number. As of 6/2 the item has not arrived at the USPS for shipment. I requested an online chat and 4 hours later still haven't been contacted. I called customer care they confirmed it was still in the warehouse pending shipment. Talked to customer care supervisor who had more excuses than solutions. She implied the memorial day holiday caused a delay. I'm sure it did, but that was 3 days ago. No reason why it sat for another 3 days. She actually suggested the post office hadn't picked it up yet. Mind you, the postal service and Simplisafe returned to work on Tuesday 5/31. I'm on the verge of changing to another service because of this level of service.

Resolution response: May 24, 2022

Escalated to a supervisor and was able to get back some of the function but not all. They still need to provide better training or diagnostic tools.

Original review: May 24, 2022

I was on a support call regarding not being able to see my timeline of activity. I was on this call for over an hour and 45 minutes only to be told that the plan I have been on basically does not have the feature to see my past activity and I would have to call every week to see if the system has been tested. For this loss of feature I get to pay an additional $3.00 a month. This has got to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I have systems at 2 locations. I am sorry I purchased the SimpliSafe products. Don’t take function away and expect the consumer to pay and not get any benefit..

Original review: May 18, 2022

I had been with SimpliSafe for 5.5 years. They upgraded their system 4 years ago because of of problems with their original system. They never informed me of the need to upgrade, but they were happy to take my monthly monitoring charge of $27.99. When I called to complain about that the system was not working for me, they wanted to sell me the "new & upgraded" system. After some further discussions, I asked to cancel my system, which they agreed to do. But they would not refund me the monthly monitoring charge of $27.99 which just deducted from my bank account yesterday. I expect better treatment of long-time customers.

Original review: May 7, 2022

I have had a Simplisafe alarm for about 6 years. Their equipment is functional and affordable priced but their actual contracting with a monitoring service here in L.A. is a complete disaster. I set off the alarm to see what would happen. No one called as I stared at my cell phone for 30 minutes. I then called their L.A. 'central station' To ask why they hadn't called they resorted to several obvious lies and far from cleverly done. They claimed they called- a lie. No record of any calls from them for that 30 minutes.

They said they called twice as I was paying for in the call instructions. They said the second call was answered by a message that this number is not in service. Really? Then if so why no redialing since according to your lies you called several minutes before and if so that infers you knew it was an active line, right? But no redial was made on the second fantasy attempt, long silence on the line after this clear logic by the completely non functional person that created the false log and was then backed up by her supervisor in her lies with the same silence after running thru her lies above that any calls were made to my cell phone and its call record proves this.

I don't know if they called my apt as I wasn't there but at my warehouse where the alarm was. After far more senseless babble from the lady and the supervisor that included repeating over and over references that were tangential nonsense and then tried suggesting to have me transferred to the SimpliSafe number- a phony move I had already been treated to that they again lied and said they weren't aware if they were open or closed it was after 7 pm. At the end of the third call from them I took this suggestion and was treated to a message that said to call during normal business hours as I pointed out 2 of the 3 central station employees that tried this suggestion and I of course pointed out that was a obvious cop-out and phony insincere move they knew would result in that message. So I said to her that would be a dodge after constant lying your attempting.

Then the lady detailed a record of phone calls to my 2 numbers that were no more than outright lies coming from phone log that was pure fabrication by her. And the phone records prove this. Previously I became aware years previous that the company is horribly run, and yes I should of changed right then from them. Here's a example. In the alarm log that appears in the simplisafe website for my account for your alarm which I have simply never monitored being busy I was victimized by employees in a large theft at night. They disabled the alarm and literally months later when I got sick at the beginning of covid I wondered why the system doesn't involve calling client if a critical change occurs in log activity and it the alarm sounded fine after setting it when I exiting it seemed it was still ok.

My point is - if for years the log of the door open sensor is ok and suddenly is creating no log daily of being active - why not a system by them that gives a call to the client warning of this change? There are other examples, the point is this company is horribly managed - do not trust them - they simply do not do their job, and in at least my case contract with utterly incompetently local monitoring services at least and has been very very poor service from them for years. So absolutely I should of moved long ago to any other service, that's totally on me and I own that.

Original review: May 5, 2022

Let me first say the customer service has been one of the best experiences we have ever had. The people we spoke to and their product knowledge was always top notch. Our problems began were minimal. The key fob is designed poorly and as a result it has constantly activated accidentally. Sometimes without our knowing. I cant tell you how many times the dog jumps up and sets it off or I get into my vehicle and the button is pushed. But I can live with that.

The next issue was the design for the windows. We had to cut out small blocks to add to the window in order to raise one of the pieces to make a clean contact. I realize this is not necessarily their problem, but it wasnt designed with older windows in mind. These two issues were the only problems until one evening our keypad started lighting up for no reason. And because it is in our bedroom, it was a nuisance. We checked the blog and others had experienced the same problem, but nobody addressed the "why' it was happening and how to fix it.

We contacted SimplSafe and they were able to send another unit without issue. Although it was a headache because we had to reset every sensor to accommodate the new brain, we were excited to have no light going off every 20 seconds or so. But, it didnt fix the problem. We contacted them again and they spent hours taking us through system checks and whatnot. Moving forward, the same problem is still happening. However, now we have a sensor that will not work. When we set the alarm we almost always hear "warning..." right after we set the alarm. Even though we have changed the battery and made sure everything was set up correctly, we dont like not knowing what could happen if the window was breached.

The next issue are the cameras. They have never worked since the new brain was replaced. Part of the hours we spent on the phone was to try and get them back online. Now for no apparent reason I get a noise from one of them that says "Your camera is ready..." So we have gone from bad to worse. They have been very nice to deal with and quick to replace the existing devices, but the issue has not gone away. Obviously, there are still some bugs to work out. We have begun looking for a new alarm because there is nothing worse than not knowing what may happen if that day comes. Will they work or not? Thank heavens we have a dog that cannot be replaced.

Original review: April 15, 2022

I have been a customer with Simplisafe for 8 years. After a recent price increase to the subscription monitoring, I made the decision to cut the umbilical code, and begin self monitoring. I called customer service, requested cancelation, asked questions as to whether or not I would be able to use the mobile app, (i.e. gain access to my cameras and video doorbell, and change alarm states). I was informed that I could indeed still use the mobile app to interactively perform these actions.

To my amazement, after cancellation, when I opened the mobile app on my iphone, all system information had been deleted. I am very disappointed. I have attempted to reinstall the system in my mobile app. It has been a total disaster. I called simplisafe customer support and was told this would be impossible. So, my question to simplisafe, "why while I paid the monthly subscription fee, did my mobile app work flawlessly, and the moment I canceled the monitoring service, the system went to hell (so to speak). This is criminal, I will never recommend this system. Thank you for nothing, Harv.

Original review: April 12, 2022

I have been paying, and without security for going on five months. Let me say, the system is fine when it works, and if you know what you're doing, you may be golden! I do not know what I'm doing however. I admit, I'm no techy genius, and I was not advised I had to be one to get this system!! Every time I send an email, I just get an automated reply, thank you for your email, call our customer service number for assistance. The email doesn't say it, but you call customer service, which is what I do prior to sending the email, to either be told, "Tough fix it yourself," or they give you the run around, or I wait 20 minutes to have no one pick up at all!! It is very frustrating.

I travel, and in being home, I want to know my alarm system I pay close to $30 a month for is working. Yes, I know there are others more expensive, as I've had others before, and to save money, I tried SimplySafe...but never again!! You save alright, and have to go periods without ever having security. I haven't been able to use my security since early February, and it is mid April now. It is inexcusable, and I have requested to talk to a supervisor multiple times, to just receive an email, thank you for your email, and you can call us for assistance at the 1800 number. I would not advise anyone else to try this security service.

Original review: March 30, 2022

If you own a rental property do NOT get this system. You cannot update it unless someone is physically at your house, you need to reinstall the keypad... which I’ve had to do twice. It had taken over 6 hours of my time to troubleshoot with them, upgrades come out of nowhere so you can’t even plan around them. If your wifi goes out the system can short circuit. I specifically joined this consumer review page to warn everyone. There are better models out there!!!

Original review: March 22, 2022

I was getting a monthly bill for 22 months. But turns out they didn't know we weren't connected to their system. Only way to cancel is by phone and takes forever to talk to someone. I guess they hope you give up, so they can keep charging you for doing nothing.

Original review: March 18, 2022

Garbage. Out of three cameras, they all are constantly disconnecting. Unbelievably how something can be this bad! Pure crap, the only thing good about it is that it's easy to install set up...and I've only had it for a few months....junk!!!

Original review: March 4, 2022

I researched a lot of companies before settling on SimpliSafe. Ultimately, I'll say that I chose SimpliSafe because the price was right; I was shopping on a budget. The problem, of course, is that shopping on a budget means that you often get budget products. My cameras are constantly disconnecting from my system, to the point that I have every confidence that if there WERE some incident at my house, I would have no footage to provide authorities.

SimpliSafe will suggest that it's got something to do with the camera's proximity to the base station or the base stations proximity to the router. Except... My house is 940 sq ft. It's about 50 ft at it's widest points. The way the rooms are structured, none of my SimpliSafe products are more than 20ft apart, and separated by at most 2 walls. If the antennae in these cheap products is too weak for THAT setup, I'd suggest the company stop making wifi-enabled products, altogether.

I'm currently trying to re-setup one of my cameras, which mysteriously disabled and reset itself. I'm literally sitting about 24" from the router, in the same room with both the router and base station, and the camera can't connect to wifi. That has been the gist of my entire experience with SimpliSafe. Customer service's solution to the janky camera problem? Send me a free janky camera. Thanks, SimpliSafe for making me and my household feel so... Safe.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

I have 5 cameras set up. I have used this system for 3 years. Sometimes I am away from home for several weeks at a time. Always will have 1-2 cameras go offline for no reason. Customer service does not know how to correct this. I don’t know how they get the high reviews they receive.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2022

After a few weeks after we installed the system, I noticed the app was requiring me to login, out of the blue. Then I couldn't login on my PC. After confirming that my password and email were correct, still no joy. Called their tech support and was told "there is nothing I can do" by their tech. Once locked out, even the company techs cannot fix it, override it or change it at all. Excuse me?! SO now I cannot remotely protect my business and must wait 24 hours to try logging in again in the hopes their system allows my back into my own account. Helluva way to run a security company. Should have gone with ADT.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

I built my system to include a base station, several door sensors, motion sensors and outdoor cameras. When the components arrived, they were extremely easy to set up and test. I did run into a couple minor equipment glitches which Simplisafe was quick to replace, no questions asked. I also spent a good deal of time on the phone with support staff resolving a wifi issue - which through systematic troubleshooting - we were able to resolve. I am 100% satisfied with the price/value, support received and APP. I love that I can remotely access my system and adjust settings all from my phone. Very happy I made this purchase - it has definitely improved my feelings of security.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

We decided to go with SimpliSafe, so we can take the system with us when we move. First off they lied to you about how much it cost. They say it's only going to cost $499. In reality it cost over $1,000. They don't tell you that until you call them and you're on the phone with him for over an hour. Our cameras go off 24/7, no matter how much we troubleshoot there always seems to be an issue. There's nothing wrong with our Wi-Fi connection, everything is plugged up just fine. And somehow the system triggers a false alarm and the alarm goes off no one put the alarm on. So if I'm going outside to take out the garbage the alarm will go off for no reason. Mind you I have a baby who needs to sleep, and it's very frustrating! This is happened to me twice. Stay away from these people! It's a scam! I'm so upset that we are stuck in a contract with them!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I've had a really poor experience with SimpliSafe and would hate anyone else to spend the money like I did. You need to purchase the equipment, which was fine for me. However, the door lock didn't work. I connected with their team three times for a replacement, they assured me it would be sent, and it never did. It's now past the 60-day window, and I cannot get a refund.

I also purchased their product in the hopes someone could set this up for me (it seems like you can do that from their site). They send you to a 3rd party vendor who isn't available for months (which means if you do not like the service and you're not tech-savvy, you're out $600-$800). Whole setup seems like a bait and switch. I'm shocked at some of the positive reviews, I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy. There are most certainly better products out there.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

I'll start by stating that SimpliSafe is not equipped to handle customer support requests. My emails continue to receive auto-responses and no agents have been able to assist me with anything. I needed an email support ticket to send in data (screenshots, scans, etc), but was unable to do so. This is concerning to me, should I experience any future issues, that I will be told to call and wait on hold on the phone. The lack of customer support is critical to the decision making process for a product and service like this.

Here was my timeline: 1. I used their website to build my own system. I spent time designing the system and then 'saved' the system. I received an email letting me know it was saved. Upon clicking on the link in the email, it took me to...an empty shopping cart. No system anywhere, and no way to retrieve it. Lost. 2. I decided to simply place my order. I built up my system and then proceeded to checkout. The website then reloaded the same shopping cart step over and over. No errors. I triple checked the input. No issues at all. The cart simply wouldn't proceed and let me complete my transaction. I was unable to resolve the issue.

3. I called the number on the website to report the issue. The agent was very nice and proceeded to help me place my order via the phone. The agent repeated everything back to me and I checked it off my list. It all appeared to be correct. I placed my order. Then, I never received an invoice or sales receipt. Nothing at all. Silence. My card was charged, but no email confirmations. I tried creating an account with my matching email address. Upon doing so, I was able to sign in and see My Account. There was nothing there. No orders. Nothing.

At this point I was concerned that they spelled something incorrect via the phone order. I emailed customer support. They want me to call in (still not sure why they have an email support if they want to force me to call). However, I do not believe it's my responsibility to wait on hold for their support system, when the error is in their own operations. This was not a user error, this was a SimpliSafe error across the board.

I receive a shipment notification. It told me my order would arrive in 5 days, but the email did not contain any way for me to actually see my order. I could only track via the carrier. Then I receive a shipment notification that it's been delayed by 3 days. Understandable given holiday timelines. I receive a package 3 days later from SimpliSafe...for a completely different customer. I opened the box to review, and have the pack list for the other customer (with their name and address on the list).

2 days later I receive a package from SimpliSafe, which appears to be my package. However, it does not contain all items from my order (which is what I wanted to confirm in the first place, but still, as of this moment, have no way to see my order. No invoice. No sales receipt). Given their inability to handle these basic operations, I don't have much confidence in them as a company to handle my security. Now I'm left with 2 boxes of goods and no customer support. I am but a single situation (I hope others have much better luck!), but wanted to share my experience.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

I ordered a system in September. It was delivered by FedEx and left outside on a table by the deliverer despite easy access to at three covered areas. Rain came and soaked the system. Simplisafe, who chose the carrier, tried to blame me for Fedex's laziness. Another system was delivered that does not work, then another rain soaked system (Simplisafe loves Fedex), and system #4 was delivered to the wrong address by USPS and presumably lost according to Simplisafe. During a four month period there was no follow up or concern shown by Simplisafe. Still have no workable system and they simply don't care. Never, and I repeat never, do business with this company. The level of incompetence and poor customer service is beyond belief.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

With the plan that I’m on, It seems that the video recordings will delete after 30 days but the timeline will stay forever, who needs to keep messages like doorbell rang, motion detected, or system activated, or system off?? But if you can’t delete this timeline, it just keeps using memory on your devices for no real reason. I’ve contacted SimpliSafe’s techs several times about this problem and after more than a year all I get is a response of they're looking into this issue. Don’t you think that after a year they would be able to link the timeline and recordings to delete together when they're not important enough to keep, And if you have the 2 camera recording timeline, the recordings and events stay on your device as long as you use this plan.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

Been with them since about 2014. Equipment - when you can get what you want/need - is great. But their service/customer service is terrible. One, unless your situation fits into a "can" that SimpliSafe has already constructed (often in form of very useless FAQs) - or if you do NOT KNOW enough to go that route - they are useless. Their e-mail responses make it absolutely obvious that they do not EVEN READ your communications to them; and EVERY RESPONSE is actually an attempt to sell you a new system or a rather expensive add-on/ accessory that you did not even mention, and is NOT EVEN RELATED to your concern. Do NOT try to re-ask.... You WILL GET THE EXACT SAME (CANNED) non-relevant response.... The intention of which is to Sell-Sell-Sell. And for whatever reasons, they will INSIST upon you calling - and the number they give is NOT actual Customer Service, but rather a sales office.

My only negative about their equipment is that almost all the higher cost items use batteries that the customer/user can NOT replace.... So (you guessed it) you have to BUY another. Been going through this rodeo of Simplisafe "customer service" for about 7 years... Even bought a system this year for my daughter. Don't know why I keep doing it. It's not just DIY; it's also YOYO (You're On Your Own).

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

I've been using the Simplisafe system for 5+ years, never had a problem until the last week or so. I am now not getting any notifications from Simplisafe... no doorbell or camera notifications, no system m notifications... just nothing. When I tried to access my Simplisafe account, I could not complete the login. I get to the verify page, where the Simplisafe system sends a notification with a unique access code, but I don't get a notification. There is an option to have the code sent via a computer generated phone call. I tried that, did not get a call. There is an option to use the unique number assigned when the system was first activated... I have no idea what that is.

Customer service via online chat suggested turning the iPhone off, then back on, and deinstalling the Simplisafe app, then reinstalling it. I tried that numerous times, and followed suggestions on Apple's site about waiting a good while before reinstalling the Simplisafe app. Apple says that since I am getting notifications from other apps, then the problem has to be with the SimpliSafe app. I tried to access the SimpliSafe customer support forums, but can't get on the forums because I first have to log on to Simplisafe. Emails to Simplisafe support result in computer generated replies that these kinds of issues cannot be addressed via email, only via a call to customer service. NOTE: it appears that Simplisafe recently upgraded their app... I'm thinking that's what has caused the problem. SO now I get to call customer service and wait on hold... Hopefully I will get lucky and

1. get thru without the half hour to hour on hold time

2. get somebody who actually knows enough to solve the problems....

SimpliSafe Company Information