Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.46/5

Take a Home Security Systems Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Being safe should be simple. SimpliSafe designs home security systems that are wireless, cellular and user-friendly. With an ever-expanding arsenal of sensors and security cameras, SimpliSafe offers all-encompassing protection while integrated apps make comprehensive system control possible from anywhere. Seamless 24/7 alarm monitoring is provided without the long-term contracts and sky-high prices of traditional home security companies. Anyone can set up SimpliSafe in just a few minutes. No drilling. No tools. Visit our site today to start protecting your home!

Take a Home Security Systems Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Protect Your Home

Get a professionally-installed home security system today.

Get Started

SimpliSafe Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SimpliSafe?
      How do I know I can trust these reviews about SimpliSafe?

Original review: June 9, 2020

This is the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THESE CLOWNS. They will not help you and they will not call you back. Go anywhere but SimpliSafe. You have been warned!

Original review: May 26, 2020

Been calling their customer service for refund since I returned the system within 60 days of purchase. This is month 3 since I asked for refund and they keep delaying and giving random excuses. Called April 29 and they said that they will send a refund check and was told it will arrive May 18. It is May 26 today and called to ask where my refund was and their reply was "Oh it was never sent, we will send it today." THIS IS THE THIRD CALL WITH THE SAME EXCUSE. Unacceptable, do NOT buy from this joke of a company ever.

Original review: May 14, 2020

So here is the deal. I have had my SS alarm system for nearly 4 years. Apparently, sometime last night after I went to bed, the home base disconnected from the system. This has never happened before...or at least that I know of. How I know it happened last night was by looking at the log in the app. It showed where the alarm was armed last night, but there was no entry for the disarming of the system this morning. Tonight I armed the system prior to heading to bed and heard a message from the base. I looked at the keypad and it said “No connection to dispatch”. I called SS and was left on hold for nearly 20 minutes, and so gave up and decided to research the issue using Yahoo search. I reset the base station as per the instructions and the system went into test mode. Usually, when the system enters test mode, dispatch calls to verify my knowing the system is in Test. Dispatch DIDN’T CALL.

Next I armed the system, waited approximately 1 minute and then opened the front door....setting off the alarm. I let the alarm sound for about 15 seconds and then entered the code to turn it off. Again, NO CALL from dispatch. Next I armed the system again and then pressed the Panic button on the keypad. This time the phone rings. I gave dispatch my code and discussed the issues with him. Here is my issue with all this. If they are monitoring system why didn’t they call

1) When the system lost connectivity
      2) When the alarm went into Test mode after being reset

3) When the alarm was triggered when I opened the front door with the system armed

The dispatcher was stuttering trying to come up with a suitable answer. None was given. The only answer was for when I set the alarm off when I opened the front door. He said “you entered the code to disarm the system and we don’t call when you enter the code to disarm after an alarm”. REALLY??? Are y’all that stupid? How do you know I want being held at gunpoint and could have been forced to disarm the alarm? Tomorrow I get a Supervisor on the phone and get to the bottom of this. The way this was handled is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE!

Original review: May 5, 2020

Company is total jerks to deal with. Have plan with them. They cannot get entire system to work. They have replaced one of my cameras 3 times and it still does not work. This is a web based system and if cameras do not stay connected to internet how confident should we be that any of the system is connected. This leads to the question of how safe are you. The best they could offer today was to cancel monitoring. That is great after you have bought their inferior equipment.

Original review: May 5, 2020

Please note there was a delay in posting this report due to my health and the CoronaVirus. We are very disappointed with the lack of response from SimpliSafe following an electrical problem which almost resulted in a house fire on February 14th, 2020. We set up the self-installed system and activated it on Feb 5, 2020. This includes plugging in a base station to a power socket. This socket has been in continual use for over 3 years without any problems.

On the evening of Feb 14, we noticed a strong plastic smell. We saw smoke coming from the outlet and turned off the power. We immediately phoned SimpliSafe to inform them that part of the power cord had melted, as had the electrical socket. Photographs of this are available for the BBB if requested. SimpliSafe asked us to take photos and email them to a specific person, which we did that evening. We were told that somebody would be calling us within two (2) days. We have never received a call. SimpliSafe did send a free replacement power cord, which we are using. We were told the situation would be escalated to the right people and we would be contacted. No such person(s) has ever bothered to contact us.

Our main concerns were two-fold. A/ Was there a fault in our home’s electrical system? B/ If the power cord was faulty, this meant that other SimpliSafe users could experience the same issues as us. This we made very clear to their customer representative on February 14th. We hired an electrician to check the outlet, he said it was very difficult to ascertain the fault, as both the power cord and power socket were so badly damaged, as the photos show. He checked the gauges of the electric wires and installed a new GFCI socket. He said it was strange that the problem arose after we started using the SimpliSafe system, as we had used this socket for 3 years continually with no issues. We sent the photos to our City Fire Marshal who has confirmed there was too much damage to decide the cause.

After emailing Simplisafe on Feb 17th, to ask why nobody had been in contact, we received an email which stated: At Simplisafe, customer safety is our number one concern. We have experienced a longer than normal wait time for customers calling and emailing in due to the overwhelming response to promotions that we have been offering. As the backlog is taking some time to work through we appreciate your patience as we diligently respond to each customer to the best of our ability. Thank you for bearing with us during this time!

It is disappointing that SimpliSafe put selling their product in front of a potential fire issue. For something as serious as this, SimpliSafe should at the very least have done what they said they would, and called us. If not a call, an email to discuss the situation would have been in order. This is abysmal customer service, we suggest potential customers take this in to account when deciding whether to order a SimpliSafe system.

Original review: May 1, 2020

After ordering a security system for our home and because of difficulty in using it due to our age and number of people living with us we decided to return it. We have 3 daughters ranging from ages 42 to 51 and a 26 year old grandson. With all the traffic and late night comings and goings it was just not going to work for us. Simplisafe assured us that if we need to we could return it for a full refund. When the box came we didn't take anything out of it. We only opened it. After contacting Simplisafe they sent a return sticker. We taped it closed and mailed it as per instructions. The tracking receipt shows sent 2/20/2020 at 1:11 p.m. Tracking also shows they received it 3/3/2020.

We were told that the refund would be mailed within 15 days after their receiving department was able to check contents to make sure everything was there. After about 20 days we called to check on our refund and was told that it actually takes 30 days and that we had been misinformed. After 30 days we called again and was told they couldn't find anything and was asked for an email address to located our order which didn't help, they could located the return or the order. I located the order number and finally they said they could see it had been returned but they were still waiting for confirmation everything was there.

We called back 3 more times and each time was told that they finally got our check sent and that we should be getting it in a few days. It is now May 1st and no refund. We don't understand why they have people answering the phone who don't know what they are doing or talking about. They are very interested in taking your order but that is where it ends. It doesn't appear that you can count on Simplisafe when things get difficult like they claim.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I've had a SimpliSafe system for almost a year now, but haven't actually used it for about 8 months. I had a family member come over to check on my dog and they forgot the security code. The alarm went off but I don't get a single call or message to see if this was an accident or if everything was alright. So of course the police show up to investigate. False alarm calls are fineable where I live. I reached out to SimpliSafe asking why I wasn't called or alerted and they had no answer. I am now trying to cancel my services with them and cannot connect with a person to do so. So I emailed trying to get some help. After 4 emails I've had 2 calls scheduled which never happened. There is no point in paying for a flimsy service that you won't even be able to utilize.

Original review: April 14, 2020

Two issues: disconnect between customer service and mobile app developers, and poor customer service from customer retention. If you have an issue with the mobile app, there is no way to resolve it beyond restarting and resetting the device. My app could not communicate with the base station, and customer service could not help me. All they offered me was to "sit tight" and wait until the issue resolved itself (which it did not). Attempting to contact the app developers through the app store is also impossible as all your issues are still forwarded to the customer service department. What's worse is that they charge almost $30/month to have access to the app.

Now, because their mobile application did not work, I wanted to cancel my subscription and return my item. There is nowhere on their website to cancel the subscription, and you cannot cancel through email because of a made up excuse that they need to "verbally verify" your identity. They do this to forward you to a customer retention representative. When you're talking to the customer retention rep, they will make it as excruciating as possible to cancel your subscription, ignoring everything you say in an attempt to rope you into keeping your subscription active. My recommendation, DO NOT get Simplisafe. There are better options out there that allow you to monitor your home for free (e.g. Wyze).

My recommendation if you've already been tricked into getting Simplisafe, cancel your subscription and return your product:
      1) Email them a signed document stating that you revoke Simplisafe's authorization to debit your payment method on file. Make sure you use a "wet" signature and keep a copy for yourself.
      2) When you request to return your product, you will receive a shipping label. Put the signed document in the box with the product when you return it and record your tracking number. Use this as evidence that you sent the signed document to them.
      3) Contact your bank in writing to tell them NOT to process any debits from Simplisafe or Simplisafe, Inc.

4) Contact Simplisafe, tell them you want to cancel your subscription. They will forward you to a retention rep. Do not get fooled into having a long, time-wasting conversation with them. Record your phone call if you have to. Keep saying that you want to cancel your subscription with Simplisafe and that you revoke their authorization to debit your payment methods on file. Keep saying that over and over, the rep will have no choice but to listen to you and move on.

If you ever have trouble with Simplisafe in the future, you now have three pieces of evidence: an email with a signed document, a mail piece with a signed document, and audio of your conversation with Simplisafe. You also have your bank statement, and a record of notifying your bank to deny their debit.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I'm only returning the merchandise because the system will not work in the windows of the rental house I'm in. Seems like a quality product however, I've been trying to get a refund on my order since SimpliSafe received my returned order on 3/24/2020. They claim it will take 30 days or more to verify that all of the merchandise is in the box? really? You don't have a confident shipping and receiving department that can count? (This return started well before the virus and lay-offs) So during these hard times and out of work because of the virus when I really need my $662 dollars back I have to wait a month for them to confirm the return? The same as they don't trust me, Now I do not trust them either that the contents of the box will be legit after it sits in shipping and receiving for 30 days. I am definitely getting the run around as if they do not want to refund my hard earned cash. They have the merchandise and my money, I have nothing.

Original review: March 10, 2020

My alarm seemed to be working till last Sunday. I started getting interference detected with the panel constantly telling me to the point I turned the voice off. After checking the system I found my front door wasn’t tripping the system until I moved the control closer, the door is 30 feet from the panel and was working fine. I emailed SS and they told me something is disrupting the signal and have I added something new in my house or has a neighbor added something, I haven’t and if my neighbor has a new router am I supposed to ask him to stop using it? At this time my alarm is useless to me and I would recommend you think about this before purchasing.

SimpliSafe Company Information