SimpliSafe Visit Website
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Visit Website
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.35/5

Being safe should be simple. SimpliSafe designs home security systems that are wireless, cellular and user-friendly. With an ever-expanding arsenal of sensors and security cameras, SimpliSafe offers all-encompassing protection while integrated apps make comprehensive system control possible from anywhere. Seamless 24/7 alarm monitoring is provided without the long-term contracts and sky-high prices of traditional home security companies. Anyone can set up SimpliSafe in just a few minutes. No drilling. No tools. Visit our site today to start protecting your home!

SimpliSafe Reviews

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

Have had Simplisafe as our alarm company for over 2 years, and not very happy at all lately. They're normally great to call to the police if you accidentally open a door or window without shutting off the alarm first - but here lately over the last 2 months our system has not been connecting to the Simplisafe dispatch center. This means that if we actually had an alarm they would apparently know nothing about it and would NOT contact the appropriate authorities.

The system is smart enough to let us know that we have no contact with the dispatch center (automated, no actual human involved), so we've replaced all the batteries for every single piece of equipment in our system, and reset everything - it even helped for about 3 days. Since then the same problem and we reach out over and over again to their customer service center and get absolutely no response. I'm about to write off my $700 investment in their equipment and move to a slightly more expensive monitoring service that will actually be there when we need them. Save your money and go somewhere else.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I needed home security and after spending a hour setting up the system, and waiting for 3 days for the system to go into effect, I came into the house and the alarm went off and then when I tried my code it would not turn off. The alarm went off (sounded like a quiet broken alarm with NO volume) and it took the emergency response over 10 minutes to call me. 10 minutes after someone breaks in they decide to call. This is worse than the criminals. A emergency response company should be calling the minute the alarm goes off, not 10.

This company is a joke. A scam as far as I am concerned. Look at ALL of the 1 star reviews. Total garbage and the HOLD times for customer service is insane. This company will be sold or go bankrupt. I can tell when A company is that bad. I tried to return the item and was promised a return label and it never even showed up in my email. A horrible company that deserves to be out of business. Do NOT ever buy this product.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Two months ago I ordered 1 camera and was billed for 3 cameras. SimpliSafe kept saying the 2 unauthorized charges were just pending and would fall off, but they haven't. Customer service keeps making promises that they will correct billing but nothing happens. Had to finally dispute charges with credit card company and file federal complaint.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

If you really need help, Simplisafe is not there for you. System was easy to set up. Worked well at first. Then the fire alarms kept giving false alarms, so they are disconnected. Now, I am not getting text messages when the system is armed or disarmed. I have changed nothing in my settings. Impossible to get someone on the phone. Long hold times, I just gave up.

Alarm went off on Christmas day when my house sitter came in to feed the dogs, keypad was dead so she could not turn the alarm off. I did not get a text alert or phone call. She texted me so I was able to turn alarm off. Simplisafe did call the two people on the bottom of my list, had they called the first person, they would have reached my house sitter. VERY DISSATISFIED with customer service. What good are they if they do not contact you when the alarm goes off and you can not reach them. I DO NOT FEEL SAFE WITH SIMPLISAFE. IT IS AS SIMPLE AS THAT.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

The saying is true. Something work for some and not others. I heard about SimpliSafe and decided to try it and it's over 4 months now and my system still isn't up and running correctly. There's no customer service representatives to address problems/concerns. You have to do the most of the contacting via email. I received a base station that I can't register so the system isn't really active. I live in the inner city and need security. So, I've paid for something that I'm not able to use. No one is trying to resolve the problem - with email after email and I also took pics so they can see that the base would not activate.

I'm so disappointed especially since the friends that referred me to this system are all still fans of the system. All I want is to use what I have paid for and that's doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon so now I will have to 'purchase or invest' in another system. How sad and disappointing SimpliSafe - you have to do better since I know I'm not the only one with this problem.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SimpliSafe?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

My problems stem from not being able to reach SimpliSafe for assistance, or reaching them and getting disconnected. I ordered the system and it did not arrive as promised. SimpliSafe nicely agreed to send me a new system. Both arrived the same day. When I started the installation, the sensors were not working, Dead Battery, which I am told is Not Uncommon. I opened the second box thinking the batteries would work and they did. But, now the new base unit was recognizing the old devices. I was on the phone with someone for 1 hr 28 minutes when we got disconnected. No Call Back. I tried calling the next day, after 28 minutes the call was picked up, I identified myself and was promptly disconnected. I tried again today, disconnected after 32 minutes, no pick up. I have Emailed them Twice, No Response!! The system might be good once it starts working, Who Knows.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

1. Before you even think about buying this security system, do yourself a favor and call customer service. Experience the wait time on your own. 2. When you try to purchase this system online what the amount you see at the checkout will be different when you check your credit card statement. 4 times more to be exact. 3. You call them to inquire about these charges and they will tell you they did not authorize that amount. I am so disappointed by this company and the way go about doing business.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I bought this system for myself, and got it for Christmas! Had to return one. Took five communications with them to get a return label. Installed one system, horn (alarm) does not activate. Wait time on their Service Line was estimated at 55 minutes, got cut off after 60 minutes. Tried again, new waiting time is one hour and 15 minutes. So far, this is terrible. Not nearly as impressive as they very carefully make you believe.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

Well, I was hopeful. I purchased the system at 40% off and was happy to have found a sale. But even with that sale, I was in nearly $400 for the package, plus $25 per month for service. So far, all as expected. Installation: Was simple enough, BUT the tape they send is poor grade. My first two false alarm calls in week 1 were because sensors were falling off the doors and windows. Removed them all and replaced with stronger removable tape. Sensors: Many of the sensors had bad batteries, so I replaced those as I installed.

My next two false alarms in week 2 were from the motion detector detecting headlights from passing cars at night through a window. Spoke with customer service (after one dropped call and two 45 minute wait times) and she advised placing the sensor lower than the guidelines suggest, reducing the sensitivity and when I moved the sensor to turn it upside down. Ok, did that. My front door sensor just stopped working after two weeks, so I removed, replaced the new battery and re-installed. It's working, for now. My kitchen-garage door sensor also just stopped working. I uninstalled it, thinking I was a genius after the front door sensor re-install, but now I can't re-install it. The home base isn't recognizing it. So, I'm on hold (50 minute estimated wait time, thankfully I can keep working while I'm waiting) to see if anyone can help.

Billing: I returned an extra camera but 26 days after FedEx tracking showed they received it, no refund. I emailed, no reply, then called. Again, a super long wait time. When I finally spoke with a rep, she reviewed the account and the return and said, ok, your credit should appear later today. No explanation, no apology. I doubt I would have seen that $99 if I hadn't called them.

Communications: Emails that don't get a response, or get a response 7-10 days later. Wait times of never less than 30 minutes on the phone. Maybe once you have the batteries and the tape and the locations and the upside-down and the sensitivity where you want them, SimpliSafe may be a product that works. But their customer service is horrid and I'm feeling zero confidence in their product. I'd hate to think I threw away $400 but I am going to shop around.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

I was excited about the reviews that I read regarding Simplisafe and they were offering a good deal during their holiday sale. I ordered my system with expedited shipping on 12/3/2019, as of today 12/29, I still have not received my order after receiving a confirmation order on Dec 9th that my order had shipped! A few days later I contacted Simplisafe via email. It took them several days to respond. Someone finally confirmed the order was delayed and sent me the tracking number. Two weeks later I still had not received the order so I tracked the pkg several times and sent a f/u email, no response. After waiting patiently, I called Simplisafe 12/29 who confirmed the order was on backorder. While the rep had no issues in cancelling my order he disconnected the phone rudely. Hopefully their system is better than their customer service and "expedited" shopping.

SimpliSafe Company Information