What is the difference between ServicePlus Home Warranty and Super Home Inc.?
When looking for a company you can trust to help when your home appliances or systems break down, it’s crucial to carefully compare your options. ServicePlus Home Warranty and Super Home Inc. are both popular programs with some key differences — for instance, ServicePlus Home Warranty is less expensive but covers fewer household items.
We break down these two companies side by side to help you choose the right one for you.
|Monthly premium cost||$53.67 to $60.33||$47 to $107|
|Average cost for combo plan||$56.17 (Platinum)||$72 (Signature plan)|
|Annual premium cost||$569 to $649||$529 to $1,249|
|Service call fee||$75||$75|
|Discounts available||2 months free and limited roof coverage with annual payment||Discount for paying annually|
|$53.67 to $60.33||$56.17 (Platinum)||$569 to $649||$75||2 months free and limited roof coverage with annual payment|
|$47 to $107||$72 (Signature plan)||$529 to $1,249||$75||Discount for paying annually|
|Plans available||Gold, Platinum||Secure, Signature, Lux|
|Combo plan covered items||16||17|
|Service recall period||30 days||90 days on parts; 30 days on labor|
|Availability||43 states||5 states|
|Gold, Platinum||9||7||16||30 days||43 states|
|Secure, Signature, Lux||8||9||17||90 days on parts; 30 days on labor||5 states|
|Built-in food centers||—||—|
|Instant hot/cold water dispensers||—||—|
|Ranges, ovens and cooktops|
|Garage door openers|
|Roof leak repairs||Add-on||—|
Reputation on ConsumerAffairs
|Overall star rating||3.3||3.9|
|Verified customer reviews||Read reviews||Read reviews|
All prices are based on a quote for a house of less than 5,000 square feet in Austin, Texas. All information is accurate as of publishing.
ServicePlus Home Warranty
ServicePlus Home Warranty, formerly known as Total Home Protection, is a comprehensive home warranty company that offers two different contract plans and several add-on options in 43 states. You can make service claims 24/7 online or by phone, and the company has qualified local service technicians to assess repairs.
ServicePlus Home Warranty plans
ServicePlus Home Warranty has two service plans with different coverage levels and a variety of add-on service coverage options.
- Gold plan: ServicePlus Home Warranty’s entry-level plan covers many home systems, including your oven/stove, dishwasher, garbage disposal, built-in microwave, ceiling/exhaust fans and plumbing.
- Platinum plan: This plan covers everything in the Gold plan with the addition of your air conditioning system, heating system, clothes washer, clothes dryer, refrigerator, electrical system and sump pumps.
Optional coverage is available for an additional cost for your pool, spa, second air conditioning unit, second heating unit, septic system, stand-alone freezer and well pump.
There are also additional items covered in each plan and add-ons not listed on the website.
What ServicePlus Home Warranty customers say
ServicePlus Home Warranty has 3.3 out of 5 stars at the time of publishing. Customers who have left reviews on our site mention the easy sign-up process and convenient claim submission. Other people note that the company offers plans within most household budgets and covers a wide range of systems and appliances. A few negative reviews said the company had trouble finding technicians in their area, which resulted in long wait times for appointments.
Super Home Inc.
Super Home offers a subscription-based system in eight cities: Austin, Baltimore, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Phoenix, San Antonio and Washington, D.C.
The company offers three membership plans, and certain plans cover more than most home warranty companies, such as smart-home systems, a guest house, landscape lighting and outdoor gas fireplaces.
Super Home Inc. plans
Super Home offers three plans that are available with a monthly or annual subscription. You receive a discount for choosing an annual subscription.
- Secure plan: The entry-level plan offers coverage for appliances, including your dishwasher, range/stove/cooktop, trash compactor, range exhaust fan, refrigerator, washer and dryer. The plan also covers home systems, including your air conditioning, heating system/heat pump, ductwork, interior plumbing, plumbing stoppages, water heater, interior electrical, ceiling fans, central vacuums and garage door openers.
- Signature plan: The Signature plan covers everything included in the Secure plan. It adds the company’s “It’s Covered” upgrade, which offers more specialized coverage.
- Lux plan: The company’s more extensive coverage plan includes everything in the Signature plan plus smart-home devices, warming/cooling drawers, enhanced plumbing coverage, gas fireplaces, outdoor gas firepits and landscape lighting.
Additional coverage can be purchased for a pool/spa, guest house, septic system, built-in refrigerator and sprinkler system.
What Super Home Inc. customers say
Super Home has a positive rating of 3.9 stars out of 5 total at the time of publication. Customers who have left reviews on our site state that Super Home Inc. uses quality technicians, and many people appreciate the ability to submit claims on a convenient app. Reviewers also appreciated the company’s friendly customer service. Unhappy customers mention having trouble with larger service problems like refrigerators or air conditioning.
Bottom line: ServicePlus Home Warranty or Super Home Inc.?
If you live in an area where Super Home is available and are willing to pay a bit more, the extensive coverage and positive reviews make it a great option. If you're looking for a more affordable option that still gives great coverage, you might prefer ServicePlus Home Warranty.
- ServicePlus Home Warranty is best for those looking for a more traditional option that provides great customer service.
- Super Home Inc. is best for people who are willing to pay a bit more and want the flexibility of a monthly subscription service.
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.