Super Reviews

2x Award Winner
Selected for having one of the highest satisfaction rates for Best Claims Handling and Best Coverage Options
Author pictureAuthor picture

Choice Home Warranty

Choice Home Warranty Reviews

View Plan

About Super

Super is a subscription-based service that covers breakdowns of household appliances and systems. The company offers three plans — Simple, Signature and Lux — plus access to its “Maintenance Marketplace,” where you can sign up for services like HVAC tuneups, light fixture installation and carpet cleaning. You can submit a request for service from a certified technician 24/7. Super has been in business since 2015.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • Covers up to nine appliances and 10 systems
    • 15-day wait period
    • Maintenance Rewards program
    Cons
    • Limited availability
    • Covers only one unit per category for most items

Featured Reviews

Verified
    Chicago, IL

Verified
    Washington, DC

Super has been great. I really like using them compared to another home warranty company I've used before. They answer the phone. They help. They send people out quickly and even ...

Super coverage

Super has three subscription levels: Simple, Signature and Lux. All three plans offer base coverage of the following appliances and systems:

• Air conditioning system
    • Water heater
    • Ceiling fans and central vacuum
    • Garage door openers

Plans

Each plan differs in both the household items it covers and the coverage amounts:

• Simple covers six common home appliances and 10 systems.
    • Signature covers everything in Simple, plus a kitchen refrigerator, washer and dryer. It also includes Super’s "It’s Covered" upgrade, which covers more parts of specific appliances and systems, like springs on your garage door and smoke detectors.
    • Lux is Super’s highest-level plan, covering everything in Signature, plus gas fireplaces and fire pits, smart-home devices, and water softener and reverse osmosis systems. It also comes with enhanced plumbing coverage. Lux has higher coverage limits for appliances and some systems.

All of Super’s plans have a $30,000 aggregate annual limit.

Super cost

Super’s coverage costs vary depending on where you live, your home’s size and the amount of coverage you want. For example, at the time of publishing, you can expect to pay the following costs if you own a home in Texas that’s less than 5,000 square feet:

• Simple: $50 a month ($559 per year)
    • Signature: $73 a month ($839 a year)
    • Lux: $118 a month ($1,379 a year)

Super coverage exclusions

Super’s coverage includes only specifically named items and components. It's intended to cover the costs to repair or replace covered home systems and appliances when they fail from normal wear and tear.

Some of Super’s general exclusions include the following:

• Known defects that existed on or before your plan’s effective date
    • Breakdowns due to improper use, acts of nature, missing equipment, lack of maintenance, pest damage or manufacturer defects
    • Consumable parts, like bulbs, filters and batteries

You can learn more about Super’s exclusions by asking to see sample terms of coverage.

Super claims

You can submit a claim with Super either by contacting customer service, logging in online or using the company’s mobile app. With the app you can quickly submit claims, view account updates and receive notifications when a technician is on the way to your home.

Coverage limits

All three Super plans come with no limits on most systems, including air conditioning, heating and heat pumps, ductwork, interior plumbing and plumbing stoppages, central vacuum and garage door openers.

System coverage limits differ on water heaters, ceiling fans and interior electrical work.

For appliance coverage limits, both the Simple and Signature plans come with a $3,000 limit on each covered appliance. The Lux plan has a $10,000 limit.

Super FAQ

Is Super legit?

Super is a legitimate company providing home service plans in 15 regions across eight states. The company offers three plans with customizable levels of coverage, so most homeowners will be able to find a subscription that matches their needs. Super has been in business since 2015.

What is Super?

Super’s subscription-based home service contracts cover breakdowns of home appliances and systems. Super also helps homeowners access maintenance services through its Maintenance Marketplace. Super is based in San Francisco and refers to itself as an “insurtech” company.

How does Super work?

Once you purchase a Super subscription, your coverage begins in 15 days. If a covered appliance or system breaks down, you contact the company by phone or online to schedule service. You pay a fee of $75 to $95, and the company sends a licensed and insured technician to fix the item. If it can’t be repaired, Super pays for a replacement or writes you a check.

Super also has a Maintenance Marketplace you can use to schedule a variety of services. Pricing starts at $75. You can earn rewards toward the cost of services by referring others to Super.

Where is Super available?

As of publishing, Super is available in 34 states and Washington, D.C.

Does Super require a home inspection?

No, Super does not require a home inspection. However, customers have the option to submit a home inspection report to confirm that a preexisting condition was not previously detected.

What does Super's home warranty cover?

Super offers three plans with different levels of coverage, but all of its plans cover at least the following appliances and systems:

• Air conditioning system
    • Heating system/heat pump
    • Major kitchen appliances
    • Interior electrical system
    • Interior plumbing and plumbing stoppages
    • Water heater
    • Ceiling fans and central vacuum
    • Garage door openers
    Is there a waiting period for Super?

Super doesn’t cover any repairs until 15 days after you sign up for coverage. This waiting period is waived if you are signing up in conjunction with a real estate transaction within 15 days of the closing date.

Will a Super home warranty replace my AC?

All Super plans include coverage for air conditioning. Whether Super will replace your air conditioner depends on the specific circumstances. We recommend consulting the terms of your coverage for more information.

Super Reviews

Stars Rating

• 59%
    • 19%
    • 5%
    • 6%
    • 11%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Home Warranty?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Home Warranty?
      Customer ServiceCoverageTechPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Sept. 18, 2023

When submitting a claim, it's all on an app. It's easy. I can even take pictures and upload. I can call if I have any questions. They usually have somebody out. They send me who has picked up their claim. I can look them up and see how they're rated. I had one that didn't show up, so when they picked it up again, I called Super Home. I said, “I don't ever want him ‘cause they didn't show up and didn't call me. I waited around. I took off work.” They gave me who I wanted that I had used before. I like the first company that came out for my refrigerator. They were quick. It's one of the best appliance repair I've ever dealt with so I request them each time.

I've had AC claims too. I was not impressed with the first technician that came. They said, “Your warranty coverage is not gonna replace this." I told them I have a rider on my policy, so I already knew they would take care of my AC. The second one that came out spent 10 minutes. He said, "It's cooling. It's just ‘cause it's 110 degrees out.” He also looked and said, “Your capacitors are very rusted and would probably go out any time. I'm replacing them and putting it in that your capacitors are bad." He didn't add anything or try to talk me into anything.

I’ve renewed Super Home twice. It was cheaper to get it the first year. On the second year they were able to get it down. It stayed the same this next year. I have an extra $100 rider on it for my air conditioner. Last year, they saved me $2,700. They replaced my dryer, the part for my washing machine, which the appliance guy said, “This is one of the best. It's not a brand new one, but it's a good one.” They got the motherboard rebuilt. He replaced all the seals so it's like I got a brand-new washing machine. My refrigerator had both the fans go out, the one in the freezer ones at different times, all in one year. They sent me $2,700. I highly recommend them.

Pinned

Hello Kymberly, Thank you for the feedback and 5 star rating! We appreciate your feedback about how easy it is to the app and the great experience you had with one of our appliance contractors. We are glad to continue helping you care for your home!

Customer ServiceTechPrice

Reviewed Aug. 14, 2023

Very satisfied. I have had 2 issues over the years, neither directly Super's fault. But they are an indication of the tough/annoying industry they operate in and a reminder for me of the huge convenience of having Super as intermediary. The first is that it took months to get a new furnace unit from the supplier according to the contractor (resulting in months without heating). I'd call Super once in a while to get an update on my ticket and they were always responsive and good at getting a response from the contractor. They just couldn't do anything about getting the unit itself faster short of assigning a different contractor, which could have delayed the process even more.

The second is shenanigans in calculating the cost of replacement for a washing machine. This is more Home Depot/Lowes/Best Buy's dishonest pricing practices rather than Super. But Super could be the better company here and not nitpick over less than $50. These stores charge for "optional" installation accessories (tubes, brackets, etc) but you can't order without them. Concretely, it meant I got less than the actual cost of the replacement washing machine they identified for me.

Hello Herve,
      Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences with Super Home Warranty. We are genuinely pleased to hear that you've been satisfied with our responsiveness and our role as an intermediary in handling your issues, even in the face of challenges within the industry.

I want to specifically address the concern you've raised about the calculation of the replacement cost for your washing machine. We recognize that the practices of some retailers can add complexity to the replacement process, and we're sorry that this situation led to confusion and dissatisfaction. At Super, we work diligently to provide fair solutions, taking into account all relevant factors and working within the constraints of our agreements with various suppliers.

In light of your feedback, we are examining our procedures for handling these types of situations, aiming to bring even more clarity and fairness to the process. If the situation warrants a reassessment, please rest assured that we are more than willing to reevaluate the decision, taking your unique circumstances into consideration.

We truly appreciate your continued trust in Super, and your insights will undoubtedly help us enhance our services for all of our valued customers. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service team directly. We remain committed to providing you with the best possible service and support.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceTechPrice

Reviewed Aug. 10, 2023

For the most part, my experience with Super Home has been very well. I've had a few little snafus, but overall, I'm happy with the service. I recently had a service request for the dryer. It was very simple. They came out and put a part. Something was broken with the dryer, and it wasn't shutting completely and that was why it wouldn't turn on. The tech was excellent. He immediately identified the problem, had the part on his truck, put it in, and he was in and out in 10 minutes.

Super's customer service is fine. I had a problem last year, and I had somebody that wasn't listening correctly and sent out the wrong person. Then she had to send out the right person, but I went over their head and talked to the regional person. I got it straightened out and they only charged me one trip fee, and they got the problem resolved. They used to have someone named Keanna who was excellent, but for some reason, she's not there anymore. They got some new ones and some of them work from home and you can hear dogs barking in the background, trucks driving by and babies. I don't care for that, but this one rep was really weird. I was telling her about the problem, and she sent out a plumber and it needed to be something else. She thought she knew so much, but she wasn't listening to what I was saying.

I've had a problem with the dishwasher where they came out, and I specifically told them it wasn't the door that was closed, and they sent somebody out here for the whole door. So then he had to go back and order the part it needed. Sometimes, some of the customer service people don't really listen, and they don't document exactly what you're saying, and that has caused a few second trips. The one time where they tried to bill me twice, I was able to get that resolved. All in all, from what I hear about other home warranty companies, Super seems to be one of the better ones.

Pinned

Gwendolyn,Thank you for the feedback! We value the awesome partnerships we have with our servicers, and we’re happy to hear your experience was a great one.- Our apologies for the miscommunication regarding your last experience.

CoverageTechOnline & App

Reviewed Aug. 9, 2023

Our hot water heater failed and had to be replaced. The process with Super Home was very smooth. I was a little confused at first by their app, but once I figured out how to ask for help with it, they had people come in and check it. Then, because the warranty only covered part of the cost of the water heater, there was a process to go through of agreeing to pay a certain amount of it. Immediately after that, they had it installed. There was a problem with the water heater but that was corrected right away by the people, so that was good.

Whenever I would call Super Home, I've had people who were incredibly kind, helpful, and thoughtful. But I've had people who were dismissive. Also, I sometimes talked to people in India in the middle of the night for them, and I felt bad for them, especially when it was hard for them to be able to know exactly what was going on here. As for the technicians, there was one guy who was dead awful and impossible to work with, and in the end, never came back. But except for that, most of the technicians we've had have been good. The most recent ones came out for our dryer and when these two guys came over, they fixed it and left. They were great.

We've had a lot of things fail and have to be replaced, and Super Home have done that. Having the dishwasher and the microwave replaced was a big benefit. But it's been a little frustrating when what they've decided to do is buy us out. The options are they can give us a really low end thing or they'll send us a check and we can decide what low end things we want to get. But they have made good. Also, we are paying for some extra coverage because we have a well and an HVAC system where there's a pump that's really old. Aside from that, when I'd use their website, sometimes, things would be listed in categories that I wouldn't expect them to be listed in. For instance, they would send someone out do a seasonal inspection of the HVAC system, but they wouldn't tell you that. They'd only list that during certain months.

Pinned

Hello Grace, Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed experiences with Super Home. We are genuinely pleased to hear that many of your interactions with our team were smooth and that our technicians were able to address your needs promptly. Your kind words about the staff who were helpful and thoughtful are greatly appreciated.

However, we are truly sorry for the inconsistencies and frustrations you faced. It's concerning to hear about the dismissive behavior from some representatives and the difficulties you faced with our app and website. Your feedback is essential to us, and we assure you that we will carefully review these issues to enhance our services further.

In regard to the replacement options and the categories listed on our website, we will make it our priority to provide clearer information and more satisfying choices. Your satisfaction is paramount to us, and we want you to feel confident and content with our service.

Tech

Reviewed July 25, 2023

All my experiences with the techs at Super Home have been really good. I've had to talk to their reps two times and I haven't had any problems. However, sometimes it's a little bit hard to get in touch with them. You have to go through menus, like selecting a bunch of numbers to get in touch with them. Our policy with them is for our rental building and I don't have a management company or a maintenance staff. If my tenants call with a problem, I feel like I have maintenance staff because I can call Super and send them a repairman over. They can coordinate with my tenants. I don't have to hire a maintenance staff.

We also have an aging HVAC system and I feel a lot of comfort that I don't have to have 10,000 or $15,000 in my pocket to potentially replace it because I have some degree of faith and confidence that I have this protection. I'm not in it on my own. I had a dishwasher that wasn't draining well and they sent a technician three times and eventually replaced the dishwasher. My most recent claim was for the drain in our basement shower. It was draining slowly and also sometimes backing up. We called them and they sent a plumber who routed the drain and found a ton of hair in it. Now, it's running clean.

I have recommended them to a friend. I was nervous to get a warranty company because, a lot of times, I've heard that it can be a little bit of a racket. There's a lot of breakage in warranty companies. But I have had a lot of success. We've had problems with our building and, year over year, we're coming out ahead of our premium payment. So, that's why we keep renewing with Super Home.

Pinned

Hi Becky, Thank you deeply for taking the time to share your comprehensive experience with Super. We're heartened to know that our technicians and the services provided have continually met your expectations. Your kind words paint a vivid picture of the trust and relief that we aim to provide all our homeowners with.

We acknowledge your feedback regarding the accessibility of our team and will continually work to streamline our process to make reaching us more straightforward. Your comfort, peace of mind, and satisfaction are our topmost priorities, and we're elated to have been your reliable partner, especially in the instances you've highlighted, from your HVAC system to the basement drain issue.

Thank you for your vote of confidence in recommending us to a friend. We are immensely grateful for your continued trust in Super Home and look forward to serving you, and your tenants, in the years to come.

Customer ServiceClaims HandlingCoverageTechSales & Marketing

Reviewed May 21, 2024

I absolutely cannot conceive of anyone giving this company more than 1 star, much less 5 stars. My experience has been a victim of a scam. I was changed from another warranty company to Super without my knowledge. When I requested service on my hvac system, a service tech came fairly soon, then pronounced it repairable & needing to be replaced. He left & I couldn't get any human at Super to talk to me at all about anything. The only phone #'s I could find were recordings telling me to go to the website where I found no information.

After a week of no a/c in Texas, I found a page stating my claim was denied because the service I requested was "not covered." No other explanation. No person to contact. No way to reach any human person at Super. I sent 2 or 3 emails asking for information, then just sent one more to cancel the policy. I am a senior citizen and cannot survive here without a/c or heat. I'm currently researching other warranty companies, but I am still now left with no hvac in Texas heat - and no way to pay for a new system as I have to live on social security benefits. I don't know who actually got 5 star service, or why, but my next review of these unreachables is going to the BBB.

Kate

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.I sincerely apologize that you've been met with a less-than-ideal claims experience. We take our customer experience very seriously, and will provide feedback to the relevant teams to ensure improvements are made for future claims experiences. Please reach out to us directly at advocates@hellosuper.com.we are here to assist. Again, I want to apologize for the frustration experienced and look forward to regaining your trust with Super by prov

TechOnline & App

Reviewed Nov. 6, 2023

I highly recommend Super. I feel comfortable and protected. Using the online app is too easy. I got a notification telling me who was coming in and what time. The service provided by the contractor was seamless. They told me what the issue was, that they would have to put the claim in through Super and they would let me know when they would come back to fix it.

Pinned

Michael, thank you for the fantastic review and for taking the time to let us know how we're doing! We're so happy that we can continue to help you, and your friends care for their homes.

Reviewed Nov. 4, 2023

I have used the company a few times and the experiences were okay.

Pinned

Hi Sherry, Thank you for the feedback. We are happy to assist in making your home care needs as hassle-free and pleasant as possible.

Customer ServiceClaims HandlingTechPricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2023

When I signed up with them, it went fine. Their service has been great so far. My recent claim was for a garage door opener. The claims process was fine. Even when there was a delay getting the technician out, I called and they made sure that things got back on track very quickly. Once the techs reached out, everything went great. The techs were quick to respond and they kept me in the loop of how things were going. Having Super definitely helped with the repair cost, and I like having them as the intermediary to deal with the contracting company versus having to find someone myself.

Pinned

Thank you for the feedback! We're so happy to hear your experience with Super was great one. Thank you! We're happy to continue to help making caring for your home carefree.

Refunds & Payouts

Reviewed Oct. 16, 2023

Service started really great especially after COVID. They took care of everything. Then, it became a flight with them to get quality servicers at a certain at certain times and getting them to replace HVAC units instead of trying to repair them for a second or third time. Around '21, it became, "Okay, we'll book a servicer for you. But as soon as it's booked, it's now between you and the servicer from there on out. But recently, things have been better again. Some small plumbing stuff and we needed an exterminator a few weeks ago and we booked one through them through the marketplace. Those experiences have all been very easy and everything has been taken care of in a timely manner. Super since we're paying our $700-ish a year to offset that cost and it's just the smaller co-pay typically that we have to pay and maybe 5 to 10% if it's a big job of out of pocket costs for some things compared to having to pay for the whole job itself.

Pinned

Adam, thank you for your honest review and for taking the time to let us know how we're doing from the few different interactions you've had. We're glad to continue to help you care for your home.

Quick and easy. Find a home warranty partner now.

Super Company Information

Super Home Warranty
          Formerly Named:
          Super Home Inc.
          www.hellosuper.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: