2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

3.9/5 (121 ratings)

About Super Home Inc.

Super is a subscription-based home service contract company that offers coverage for appliances and other home system breakdowns. With Super, you can easily file for claims by using your computer or phone and work with a local repair service.

Pros

• Pay a monthly or yearly fee
  • Covers nine main home systems
  • Offers maintenance reminders

Cons

• Limited availability nationwide
  • Limited coverage offers

Bottom Line

Super is a home service coverage provider available in select cities across the U.S. Its coverage is subscription based and covers nine common appliances and systems with additional services available.

What is Super?

Super provides home service contracts that are subscription based and cover common issues and appliances in your home. Super operates as a concierge service — when you request service, Super dispatches a qualified repair provider in your area. Currently, Super’s subscription warranty services are only available in select cities or territories, including:

• Phoenix, Arizona
  • Baltimore, Maryland
  • Washington, D.C.
  • Chicago, Illinois
  • Austin, Texas
  • Dallas, Texas
  • Houston, Texas
  • San Antonio, Texas

To apply for Super’s home repair subscription, visit its website and click the “Start Membership” button. From there, you’ll provide Super with details about your current property, including the square footage and location.

You can request Super’s services as soon as you’re approved to join its program, but Super won’t actually cover services until 15 days after you sign up unless your home qualifies for buyer’s coverage. There’s no cap on the number of appointments you can schedule each year with Super, and the company provides coverage for unknown preexisting conditions in your home.

Super home coverage plans

Super has three coverage plans: Secure, Signature and Luxe. All three plans offer base coverage of these nine appliances/systems:

• Air conditioning system
  • Water heater
  • Garage door openers
  • Ceiling fans and central vacuum
  • Sprinkler system and timer

Each plan offers varying levels of coverage based on your needs and the level of services you want:

• Secure coverage offers basic coverage for the nine most common home appliances and systems, maintenance services and reminders.
  • Signature coverage offers basic coverage for nine most common home appliances and systems, maintenance services, reminders and Super’s "It’s Covered" upgrade, which provides more specialized coverage.
  • Luxe coverage offers the highest level of coverage for many home appliances and systems, maintenance services, reminders and Super’s "It’s Covered" upgrade.

All of Super’s coverage plans have a $30,000 aggregate limit each year, after which you won’t receive reimbursement for coverage.

Super prices

Super’s coverage costs vary depending on where you live, your home’s size and the amount of coverage you want. For example, if you own a home in Texas that’s less than 5,000 square feet, the pricing for each of Super’s plans as of the time of publishing would be around:

• Secure: $47 a month ($529 a year)
  • Signature: $72 a month ($829 a year)
  • Luxe: $107 a month ($1,249 a year)

Super Home Inc FAQ

Where is Super available?
Super is available in eight cities across the country as of the time of publishing:
  • Phoenix, Arizona
  • Baltimore, Maryland
  • Washington, D.C.
  • Chicago, Illinois
  • Austin, Texas
  • Dallas, Texas
  • Houston, Texas
  • San Antonio, Texas
What does Super home warranty cover?
Super offers three plans with different levels of coverage, but all of its plans cover at least the following appliances/systems:
  • Air conditioning system
  • Water heater
  • Garage door openers
  • Ceiling fans and central vacuum
  • Sprinkler system and timer
Is there a waiting period for Super?
You can use Super’s concierge system to find a repair company as soon as you join, but Super won’t actually cover your repairs until 15 days after you sign up for coverage.
Will Super home warranty replace my AC?
Super will repair your air conditioner, but a full replacement may need to be discussed with a company representative.

Is Super home coverage worth it?

Super’s home service plans are a viable option for homeowners interested in subscription-style coverage. The company offers a variety of plans with different levels of coverage, so most homeowners will be able to find a subscription that matches their needs. While its availability is currently limited to select cities, Super is worth looking into if you live in a serviceable area.

Super Home Inc. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Home Inc.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Home Inc.?

Original review: April 6, 2021

So far, we've been happy with Super Home. In the last year or two, we've gotten our money back of our policy. And we’ve only been told the pre-existing condition thing once or twice. So, Super Home had at least split the cost with us, or spent almost twice as much as I have on the jobs. We have had to, say, pay $400 of a $1,200 repair, but Super Home helped us out every time.

We put multiple things in the contract for the current owners and the seller to fix. We knew we had a house that was built in 1978, and some new appliances, some not-so-new appliances. So, from a risk standpoint, 1,000 bucks a year is probably something that will hit with our type of house, and how hot it gets, and how often our AC runs, and how often we use hot water.

Before the storm, we submitted a claim. Our upstairs HVAC igniter and some other things weren't working properly. Super Home accepted our claim. It was only 75 bucks to us and 890 to the other area. Because of that, we were much more comfortable during the freeze because we somehow did not lose power. It made us look like geniuses, and Super Home guys did well for us.

Here's another example. We have two units. One upstairs, one downstairs. Our downstairs unit went. I was able to get with one of Super Home's representatives or someone that is closer to the top that I had the number of. I was able to skip to the top and say, “Hey our AC capacitor’s out. We can't run the unit downstairs. Upstairs unit is struggling.” Super Home put us at the front of the line because we had babies, and came the next morning. We put in the claim 8:00 AM on Thursday, so it would be a Monday or Tuesday type deal. And it was really hot. So, a lot of other people had the same exact issue and we still skipped the line.

Super Home Inc. response

Thanks Ross! We appreciate the positive feedback and we’re proud to help you care for your home.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

The project is still not done and I am a little bit surprised with certain things. My understanding when I was buying the home warranty was that more things are covered or the service is faster. But it seems like these days, everything is blamed on COVID. I'm a broker and I don't believe it. I work with contractors every day. Recently, we had to hire a different company for a yearly clean on the furnace. We already paid for the service of the furnace and air conditioning in the spring. It also seemed like we had some issue with the furnace. It stopped working and the terminal started with a bad connection. I told Super Home we would like to schedule a cleaning but the rep said due to the COVID, they don't provide that service anymore.

The people who came in did a good job. We had a problem with the faucet and that guy was beyond amazing. The last person I talked to was a guy who was extremely nice. I thanked him 10 times because I appreciated his politeness. The person I talked to before was a woman and she was really mad. I'm in customer service too. Even if I have a bad day, you shut up and you just do whatever to make client happy. It seems like the person was working from the house and it was not very helpful or polite. But I will recommend Super Home. I always like to give companies or people second chance ‘cause most were good experiences. 92% I'm happy, 8% it’s kinda of like a cloudy vibe.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

We are not fix-it types. We don't have the know-how or patience so in buying a house, we had to have a home warranty. Super Home was the best at taking care of the problem and not like nickel-and-diming you to death when I did a lot of research on home warranties. People didn't have to fight to get things taken care of with them. There were a lot of people I knew who had horror stories with other home warranties where they paid and didn't get anything out of it. And they fought their warranty company every time they needed something fixed. Also, My realtor had suggested Super Home.

I filled out the form online and then somebody called me. This was about two years ago. The rep walked me through and I was able to really easily add on things because I wanted to make sure that my pool pump and things like that were covered. That was an extra charge but that made sense to me since not everybody would have a pool and pools would be expensive. It was also nice that I could get my water softener covered at an extra charge 'cause that'd be another thing that not every household would have. I didn't know anything about water softeners, so I'd be in trouble if it were to break.

The house that we moved into was previously a VRBO. This is our first house. We moved from an apartment so we weren't coming into it with a bunch of appliances. So we really needed a place that already had everything. The house had an old-fashioned stackable washer and dryer in there. It was never my plan to keep that stackable. It was not big enough for us. But I thought it'd get us through the first couple of months until I could get something better.

A week after we moved in, I realized that the stackable was broken. The transmission had gone out in it and it was getting transmission fluid all over our clothes. On the night I put in the claim with Super Home, they sent somebody out. The claim guy said it was not fixable. It would cost more to fix the transmission in that thing than it would to just replace it. Then the next day, Super gave me $1,500 and to buy whatever I wanted with it. Then it happened to be just enough money that I was able to buy a full-size washer and dryer with that money. So my first experience with them was quite pleasant because I was expecting to have to replace that thing on my own.

Super Home doesn't seem to be a company that's just out to get your money and not give you anything back in return. It's well worth it. Since we've been in the house, I had two toilets where they were constantly running. If it were just an old-fashioned flapper, I could change that. But they were the complicated Kohler ones, and so I had to have somebody come out twice and fix each one of my toilets. I also had a shower where the water wouldn't stop running because the cartridge broke in the faucet and the guy that came out fixed it and replaced the whole faucet for me. He could've just hooked my old faucet back on, but he fixed it all for me. All the people that Super Home has sent out have been really super nice. I've never had a problem with the contractor and with their billing. I would totally use them again and I recommended them to a lot of people.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

All in all, I like the scheduling system. It's very easy and effective. It asks for two appointment options and they usually show up when you need them to. They are very quick at responding as well. Realistically though, it's not gonna be perfect all the time. We’d get some issues, but the most important thing is the way they handle it. That's what I like about Super Home. The last time was very to the point and efficient in solving problems. I only did one call and the guy figured it out and took care of it. I've had experiences where we had to go back and forth with other companies.

This is my second year and I'm happy with Super Home, especially with the last warranty call that I had where I got my call fee reversed. I called for a plumber and I wasn't informed the last one that I called him, it was something that had to be fixed because it's not covered by the warranty. Without knowing it, I called it and explained to the rep from Super, and he was able to reverse the fee. He told me that, “I processed it. I can't give you an answer right now because I have to bring it up to management. But if you don't hear from me, you'll definitely get an email if you got the refund or not.” A couple of days later, I got the email that it was refunded. They got to the bottom of it and got the issue fixed.

I was really impressed at how the plumber handled the situation about the plumbing system too. He went the extra mile. He looked at the history and he found out about the pre-existing condition. Had he not done that, we'd be going around in circles trying to figure out what happened. It saved us a lot of costs going back and forth. It was deemed as an unwarrantable item, so I couldn't fix it myself without having to call Super Home again and get charged with the $75. It's also good that Super Home took good notes on each claim, so at least they had a history to show and to at least give any feedback if there were any cases or issues to arise in the future.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

Super Home's service has been amazing. I'm a single parent and I'm on duty at work full time. My life is stressful as it is. The first time I had to call them, my refrigerator compressor went out, my dryer went out, and my solar panels went out within like 10 hours span. One by one by one. It was a nightmare. My son and I went grocery shopping, put the food in the fridge and went to sleep. I woke up and lost all the food I just bought and the food that was already in the fridge. It was about $500 worth of food. It was bad. Super Home was able to send someone out almost immediately to fix that. The only unfortunate part is the person that they sent out within 48 hours couldn't do anything because it was under an LG manufacturer warranty. But it was still nice.

The following week, my AC went out and Super Home had submitted it as emergency. Unfortunately it was also on a holiday weekend but everything was understandable. I never felt like they weren't taking care of me. The most recent time was my water heater went out. It's Arizona so it's not too bad to have lukewarm water. It's probably hot when you first turn it on but it was nice that they still sent someone out immediately.

I love Super Home. I'm trying to move to Washington and I was gonna sell my house and buy a new house but I wanna keep them. I have also recommended them to people who are buying houses. I have airmen that rent and it would be nice if they have some sort of coverage. But if multiple things happened on one call when you're calling for a claim, it's just one fee. It's not $75 per thing which is awesome. I pay $52 because that was what the price was when I got it. But now, it's $45. It's not bad and it covers so much like electrical, piping, dishwasher, garbage disposal, fridge, range, microwave, washer and dryer and AC. That's just their small price and that's common because most people don't need more things. The next price up, it covers more like the roofing. It's nice that Super Home is something so affordable. It's been so helpful a total of three times and I've had my house for two years. All the people that they've sent are friendly.

Original review: May 24, 2021

Selected SUPER based on their tech platform and a referral. Over a week for a claim review, spent 4+ hrs on phone, declined claim. T&C shows it would be approved. Complete scam of a service, waste of money, and too much stress. Avoid at all cost. Save your money and put it into the new appliance you need. Don't be a fool and spend 10 days swapping out towels under your leaking water heater waiting for them to approve your claim. Juan was kind on the phone but calls were dropped multiple times after being told we would be assisted. There is no home warranty on the market that truly works well. We emailed the CEO as well and he never responded. Here's our review. Happy to provide feedback if you need but will never recommend Super. Emailing our real estate network to deter their clients from Super as well.

Super Home Inc. response

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your recent experience with Super. We regret to learn that coverage was not extended to your unit. Super understands just how frustrating it may be when these unexpected expenses come about. Our team is appreciative for the wonderful feedback regarding your interactions with Juan and we sincerely apologize for any issues that occurred during your communication with Super. We are always committed to improving the customer experience and hope for the opportunity to offer you a mutually satisfactory experience in the future. Our customer service team will remain an available resource to you for any additional questions or concerns you may have in the future.

Original review: April 23, 2021

We signed up with Super in Nov 2020 in hopes of a high end experience to cover our home that we just renovated. We loved the idea of the concierge service and Super's promise of a better customer experience. NONE OF THAT HAPPENED. Every claim has been a hassle and required many many phone calls and weeks of waiting. Their providers are mostly incompetent and therefore there has to be a second opinion to correct the issue. I have two claims currently that still do not have resolution and one of them is over 3 months old. I have also tried to speak with a supervisor and or a customer experience representative. No response. I have also asked about the options to cancel my contract and no response (I have called three times and emailed 4 times). They even blocked me on Facebook when I commented with my experience.

Pay $280 per month which is a lot of money compared to the other home warranty programs out there and it isn't even worth $80 per month. I am still waiting for them to get a second opinion (their request) on my garage door which is not operating properly on a consistent basis. How hard is it to find a garage door company in the DC area? Not that hard. They asked me to take a video to prove how it wasn't working which we did. This company is incompetent and I hope people read this before they find themselves in the same situation as we are in. Lots of money for a home warranty and no service.

Original review: April 23, 2021

Our homeownership have had some ups and downs but Super Home has been helpful during the more recent months during the pandemic times. It was harder to get through to their customer service representatives and that was sometimes frustrating. But in the end, they resolved everything to our satisfaction. There was that one time where it was more difficult submitting a claim. I don't even remember if it was a delay or something I needed to reach the contractor about and couldn't. But usually, it takes a day to get the appointment set like when our washer broke. On the next claim, I sent the email at night and the next morning, I had a confirmation of a time when a contractor could come out.

We had quite a few experiences with contractors and all but one was excellent. The installer put in our water heater wrong and that caused some flood damage. So, that was upsetting. But that was the exception to the rule. We had probably seven other service providers who were all great. I would use them again even if they weren't affiliated with Super Home.

Original review: April 17, 2021

Super Home has been super easy to use and that's why we've extended for another year. I've had about five claims. It's an older house. The most recent one was for a toilet that was constantly running. We just put in the request through the app, and they scheduled the appointment and the person came out. He was a little late because of his previous job. But he did what he needed to do and fixed our problem relatively quickly, and then he got on his way.

Super Home Inc. response

Thank you for the great review Carrie! We're happy you let us help you care for your home.

Original review: April 5, 2021

I've had one visit that went well, which was a locksmith. Super Home covered that well. But the other thing is when we moved in, we discovered that the HVAC system had tons of problems, and the worst being that the main floor of the house was not possible to heat it during the winter. It didn't produce any pressure. I read the terms of coverage thoroughly, and I thought that I had a good idea that they would be covered by the warranty. It's a specific kind of system, and I repeatedly asked them to send out a technician who was certified to work on these systems. But they didn't do that. But not only that, they actually send out technicians who I looked up the companies that they were with, these companies were not even certified to do any work at all in DC. So, they send out technicians who were unlicensed to do work in my house, which was appalling. I told them that.

They gave me authorization to go out of network to get a diagnosis on my own, and then, they denied the claim. It was a huge headache resulting in nothing. And it seemed like they were doing quite a lot of work to deny my claim and avoid paying out even a dollar for HVAC work. And the fact that they send unlicensed technicians to do work in people's homes is ridiculous.

I've had to call several times, I've repeatedly been told to expect a callback, and have never received a callback. So, it has taken a lot of work to follow up, a lot of waiting around, a lot of people having to tell people the same details of the case over and over, until finally, I got this authorization to go out of network for a diagnosis and estimate. I concluded that I needed to redo the whole system after talking to many HVAC companies. I sent them the estimates which was large, but I thought maybe they would cover some of it. And then, after sending that in, I got the first callback I've ever received from them, which was from a very lawyerly representative, someone who's clearly higher up than the other people I've been talking to telling me exactly why they were going to deny the claim. That was the only time I've ever received a callback.

I've come to the conclusion that Super Home is pretty much a scam. If I have another problem with the house, I don't think I would even bother submitting a claim. It's much more of a headache than it's worth. And it seems like their energy is completely devoted to denying claims. I would never recommend anybody buy a home warranty if my experience is telling.

Super Home Inc. Company Information