2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties
Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.61/5

Super is a subscription-based home service contract company that offers coverage for appliances and other home system breakdowns. With Super, you can easily file for claims by using your computer or phone and work with a local repair service.

BOTTOM LINE

Super is a home service coverage provider available in select cities across the U.S. Its coverage is subscription based and covers nine common appliances and systems with additional services available.

PROS

• Pay a monthly or yearly fee
  • Covers nine main home systems
  • Offers maintenance reminders

CONS

• Limited availability nationwide
  • Limited coverage offers
Super Home Inc. Learn More

What is Super?

Super provides home service contracts that are subscription based and cover common issues and appliances in your home. Super operates as a concierge service — when you request service, Super dispatches a qualified repair provider in your area. Currently, Super’s subscription warranty services are only available in select cities or territories, including:

• Phoenix, Arizona
  • Baltimore, Maryland
  • Washington, D.C.
  • Chicago, Illinois
  • Austin, Texas
  • Dallas, Texas
  • Houston, Texas
  • San Antonio, Texas

To apply for Super’s home repair subscription, visit its website and click the “Start Membership” button. From there, you’ll provide Super with details about your current property, including the square footage and location.

You can request Super’s services as soon as you’re approved to join its program, but Super won’t actually cover services until 15 days after you sign up unless your home qualifies for buyer’s coverage. There’s no cap on the number of appointments you can schedule each year with Super, and the company provides coverage for unknown preexisting conditions in your home.

Super home coverage plans

Super has three coverage plans: Secure, Signature and Luxe. All three plans offer base coverage of these nine appliances/systems:

• Air conditioning system
  • Water heater
  • Garage door openers
  • Ceiling fans and central vacuum
  • Sprinkler system and timer

Each plan offers varying levels of coverage based on your needs and the level of services you want:

• Secure coverage offers basic coverage for the nine most common home appliances and systems, maintenance services and reminders.
  • Signature coverage offers basic coverage for nine most common home appliances and systems, maintenance services, reminders and Super’s "It’s Covered" upgrade, which provides more specialized coverage.
  • Luxe coverage offers the highest level of coverage for many home appliances and systems, maintenance services, reminders and Super’s "It’s Covered" upgrade.

All of Super’s coverage plans have a $30,000 aggregate limit each year, after which you won’t receive reimbursement for coverage.

Super prices

Super’s coverage costs vary depending on where you live, your home’s size and the amount of coverage you want. For example, if you own a home in Texas that’s less than 5,000 square feet, the pricing for each of Super’s plans as of the time of publishing would be around:

• Secure: $47 a month ($529 a year)
  • Signature: $72 a month ($829 a year)
  • Luxe: $107 a month ($1,249 a year)

Super Home Inc FAQ

Where is Super available?
Super is available in eight cities across the country as of the time of publishing:
  • Phoenix, Arizona
  • Baltimore, Maryland
  • Washington, D.C.
  • Chicago, Illinois
  • Austin, Texas
  • Dallas, Texas
  • Houston, Texas
  • San Antonio, Texas
What does Super home warranty cover?
Super offers three plans with different levels of coverage, but all of its plans cover at least the following appliances/systems:
  • Air conditioning system
  • Water heater
  • Garage door openers
  • Ceiling fans and central vacuum
  • Sprinkler system and timer
Is there a waiting period for Super?
You can use Super’s concierge system to find a repair company as soon as you join, but Super won’t actually cover your repairs until 15 days after you sign up for coverage.
Will Super home warranty replace my AC?
Super will repair your air conditioner, but a full replacement may need to be discussed with a company representative.

Is Super home coverage worth it?

Super’s home service plans are a viable option for homeowners interested in subscription-style coverage. The company offers a variety of plans with different levels of coverage, so most homeowners will be able to find a subscription that matches their needs. While its availability is currently limited to select cities, Super is worth looking into if you live in a serviceable area.

Super Home Inc. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Home Inc.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Home Inc.?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

We are not fix-it types. We don't have the know-how or patience so in buying a house, we had to have a home warranty. Super Home was the best at taking care of the problem and not like nickel-and-diming you to death when I did a lot of research on home warranties. People didn't have to fight to get things taken care of with them. There were a lot of people I knew who had horror stories with other home warranties where they paid and didn't get anything out of it. And they fought their warranty company every time they needed something fixed. Also, My realtor had suggested Super Home.

I filled out the form online and then somebody called me. This was about two years ago. The rep walked me through and I was able to really easily add on things because I wanted to make sure that my pool pump and things like that were covered. That was an extra charge but that made sense to me since not everybody would have a pool and pools would be expensive. It was also nice that I could get my water softener covered at an extra charge 'cause that'd be another thing that not every household would have. I didn't know anything about water softeners, so I'd be in trouble if it were to break.

The house that we moved into was previously a VRBO. This is our first house. We moved from an apartment so we weren't coming into it with a bunch of appliances. So we really needed a place that already had everything. The house had an old-fashioned stackable washer and dryer in there. It was never my plan to keep that stackable. It was not big enough for us. But I thought it'd get us through the first couple of months until I could get something better.

A week after we moved in, I realized that the stackable was broken. The transmission had gone out in it and it was getting transmission fluid all over our clothes. On the night I put in the claim with Super Home, they sent somebody out. The claim guy said it was not fixable. It would cost more to fix the transmission in that thing than it would to just replace it. Then the next day, Super gave me $1,500 and to buy whatever I wanted with it. Then it happened to be just enough money that I was able to buy a full-size washer and dryer with that money. So my first experience with them was quite pleasant because I was expecting to have to replace that thing on my own.

Super Home doesn't seem to be a company that's just out to get your money and not give you anything back in return. It's well worth it. Since we've been in the house, I had two toilets where they were constantly running. If it were just an old-fashioned flapper, I could change that. But they were the complicated Kohler ones, and so I had to have somebody come out twice and fix each one of my toilets. I also had a shower where the water wouldn't stop running because the cartridge broke in the faucet and the guy that came out fixed it and replaced the whole faucet for me. He could've just hooked my old faucet back on, but he fixed it all for me. All the people that Super Home has sent out have been really super nice. I've never had a problem with the contractor and with their billing. I would totally use them again and I recommended them to a lot of people.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

All in all, I like the scheduling system. It's very easy and effective. It asks for two appointment options and they usually show up when you need them to. They are very quick at responding as well. Realistically though, it's not gonna be perfect all the time. We’d get some issues, but the most important thing is the way they handle it. That's what I like about Super Home. The last time was very to the point and efficient in solving problems. I only did one call and the guy figured it out and took care of it. I've had experiences where we had to go back and forth with other companies.

This is my second year and I'm happy with Super Home, especially with the last warranty call that I had where I got my call fee reversed. I called for a plumber and I wasn't informed the last one that I called him, it was something that had to be fixed because it's not covered by the warranty. Without knowing it, I called it and explained to the rep from Super, and he was able to reverse the fee. He told me that, “I processed it. I can't give you an answer right now because I have to bring it up to management. But if you don't hear from me, you'll definitely get an email if you got the refund or not.” A couple of days later, I got the email that it was refunded. They got to the bottom of it and got the issue fixed.

I was really impressed at how the plumber handled the situation about the plumbing system too. He went the extra mile. He looked at the history and he found out about the pre-existing condition. Had he not done that, we'd be going around in circles trying to figure out what happened. It saved us a lot of costs going back and forth. It was deemed as an unwarrantable item, so I couldn't fix it myself without having to call Super Home again and get charged with the $75. It's also good that Super Home took good notes on each claim, so at least they had a history to show and to at least give any feedback if there were any cases or issues to arise in the future.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

Super Home's service has been amazing. I'm a single parent and I'm on duty at work full time. My life is stressful as it is. The first time I had to call them, my refrigerator compressor went out, my dryer went out, and my solar panels went out within like 10 hours span. One by one by one. It was a nightmare. My son and I went grocery shopping, put the food in the fridge and went to sleep. I woke up and lost all the food I just bought and the food that was already in the fridge. It was about $500 worth of food. It was bad. Super Home was able to send someone out almost immediately to fix that. The only unfortunate part is the person that they sent out within 48 hours couldn't do anything because it was under an LG manufacturer warranty. But it was still nice.

The following week, my AC went out and Super Home had submitted it as emergency. Unfortunately it was also on a holiday weekend but everything was understandable. I never felt like they weren't taking care of me. The most recent time was my water heater went out. It's Arizona so it's not too bad to have lukewarm water. It's probably hot when you first turn it on but it was nice that they still sent someone out immediately.

I love Super Home. I'm trying to move to Washington and I was gonna sell my house and buy a new house but I wanna keep them. I have also recommended them to people who are buying houses. I have airmen that rent and it would be nice if they have some sort of coverage. But if multiple things happened on one call when you're calling for a claim, it's just one fee. It's not $75 per thing which is awesome. I pay $52 because that was what the price was when I got it. But now, it's $45. It's not bad and it covers so much like electrical, piping, dishwasher, garbage disposal, fridge, range, microwave, washer and dryer and AC. That's just their small price and that's common because most people don't need more things. The next price up, it covers more like the roofing. It's nice that Super Home is something so affordable. It's been so helpful a total of three times and I've had my house for two years. All the people that they've sent are friendly.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

I've been a real estate broker for 20 years and I own a number of rental properties. When we sell homes to our clients, we always advise that they get a home warranty just in the event that something goes wrong. Being I've got stable rental properties that I personally own, having a warranty is a way to cover my back with tenants' needs, like when the air conditioning goes out or there are plumbing stoppages. I've always had a home warranty on my properties as well. Super Home has a better price and better coverage than other companies. Submitting a claim has been very easy. Online, I can just click from wherever I'm at on my phone, and I could submit a claim and a request.

The contractors have been very responsive and very professional, much better than the contractors dispatched by other companies, as far as getting work done efficiently, getting it scheduled efficiently, getting it completed efficiently and solving the problem. However, getting any response when you've got a problem or there's a follow-up and they need to order parts, I don't get return phone calls, nobody ever gets back to me. It took us three weeks to get a claim finalized because the contractor needed the authorization to get parts. They couldn't get anybody at Super to get on that.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

We renewed with Super Home ‘cause we appreciated it. I like their business concept and how they were providing quality service and making repairs. The biggest, most recent benefit was our dryer went out. It was a large capacity dryer. We have a large family, so it was very helpful that they were able to replace it with a similar model.

There was a little bit of a struggle on scheduling and organization of the actual event on my part and their part, some miscommunication. I called in that time and then that was where we had some of the breakdown at first. I thought the rep was putting the service through, but she was telling me to go enter it in. I thought I had an appointment, but I didn't. But it all got worked out. I also appreciate the ease of the online option to be able to just pop in and make an appointment. The service of the contractor that came out was wonderful too.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

I had a refrigerant line for my AC leaking in the ceiling. I made the claim to Super Home and they subbed it out to an AC company who came out within 10 days. They fixed the AC but the hole on the ceiling had to be repaired by somebody else.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

We've had a few claims with the air conditioner, and in general, it has been pretty good. I submitted all of them online through Super Home's dashboard, and then they gave me a time frame and then the actual contractor called an hour or two before they show up. Super Home satisfactorily addressed the AC once last summer. It needed more Freon. And then this summer, there was something with the wires and they fixed that. The issue with some of these warranty companies is that they push it to the cheapest option or try to make it such that they will fix the unit again and again rather than replace it when it needs to be replaced. That could be a problem. But so far, it has been great.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2020

I applied online to Super Home and the process was easy. Their reps were pretty good. While I was satisfied with the options they offered, I was not satisfied with their prices. Super Home didn't cover anything. If I'm gonna pay more for coverage, I'd expect them to cover more than competitors but they don't.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

Every issue in my home that required contacting Super has been very good. I've only had one hiccup, but customer service always been very helpful and good at resolving my concerns. I'm thankful they are quick to assist.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

My realtor recommended Super Home. She is a close family friend, and we tend to trust when she tells us do stuff when it comes to our home. It's easy to use online whenever I need to make an appointment. They usually get back to me pretty quickly. The only complaint I had had to do with COVID-19 this year. We just got into a brand-new house and there was a lot of the smaller services that I could use with the service that I've purchased. That was discontinued for the year because of COVID. Other than that, the contractors have been very informative, have done exactly what they needed to do, and the quality of their work has been good.

Super Home Inc. Company Information