3.7/5 (122 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Super Home Inc.

Super is a subscription-based home service contract company that offers coverage for appliances and other home system breakdowns. With Super, you can easily file for claims by using your computer or phone and work with a local repair service.

Pros

• Pay a monthly or yearly fee
  • Covers nine main home systems
  • Offers maintenance reminders

Cons

• Limited availability nationwide
  • Limited coverage offers

Bottom Line

Super is a home service coverage provider available in select cities across the U.S. Its coverage is subscription based and covers nine common appliances and systems with additional services available.

What is Super?

Super provides home service contracts that are subscription based and cover common issues and appliances in your home. Super operates as a concierge service — when you request service, Super dispatches a qualified repair provider in your area. Currently, Super’s subscription warranty services are only available in select cities or territories, including:

• Phoenix, Arizona
  • Baltimore, Maryland
  • Washington, D.C.
  • Chicago, Illinois
  • Austin, Texas
  • Dallas, Texas
  • Houston, Texas
  • San Antonio, Texas

To apply for Super’s home repair subscription, visit its website and click the “Start Membership” button. From there, you’ll provide Super with details about your current property, including the square footage and location.

You can request Super’s services as soon as you’re approved to join its program, but Super won’t actually cover services until 15 days after you sign up unless your home qualifies for buyer’s coverage. There’s no cap on the number of appointments you can schedule each year with Super, and the company provides coverage for unknown preexisting conditions in your home.

Super home coverage plans

Super has three coverage plans: Secure, Signature and Luxe. All three plans offer base coverage of these nine appliances/systems:

• Air conditioning system
  • Water heater
  • Garage door openers
  • Ceiling fans and central vacuum
  • Sprinkler system and timer

Each plan offers varying levels of coverage based on your needs and the level of services you want:

• Secure coverage offers basic coverage for the nine most common home appliances and systems, maintenance services and reminders.
  • Signature coverage offers basic coverage for nine most common home appliances and systems, maintenance services, reminders and Super’s "It’s Covered" upgrade, which provides more specialized coverage.
  • Luxe coverage offers the highest level of coverage for many home appliances and systems, maintenance services, reminders and Super’s "It’s Covered" upgrade.

All of Super’s coverage plans have a $30,000 aggregate limit each year, after which you won’t receive reimbursement for coverage.

Super prices

Super’s coverage costs vary depending on where you live, your home’s size and the amount of coverage you want. For example, if you own a home in Texas that’s less than 5,000 square feet, the pricing for each of Super’s plans as of the time of publishing would be around:

• Secure: $47 a month ($529 a year)
  • Signature: $72 a month ($829 a year)
  • Luxe: $107 a month ($1,249 a year)

Super Home Inc FAQ

Where is Super available?
Super is available in eight cities across the country as of the time of publishing:
  • Phoenix, Arizona
  • Baltimore, Maryland
  • Washington, D.C.
  • Chicago, Illinois
  • Austin, Texas
  • Dallas, Texas
  • Houston, Texas
  • San Antonio, Texas
What does Super home warranty cover?
Super offers three plans with different levels of coverage, but all of its plans cover at least the following appliances/systems:
  • Air conditioning system
  • Water heater
  • Garage door openers
  • Ceiling fans and central vacuum
  • Sprinkler system and timer
Is there a waiting period for Super?
You can use Super’s concierge system to find a repair company as soon as you join, but Super won’t actually cover your repairs until 15 days after you sign up for coverage.
Will Super home warranty replace my AC?
Super will repair your air conditioner, but a full replacement may need to be discussed with a company representative.

Is Super home coverage worth it?

Super’s home service plans are a viable option for homeowners interested in subscription-style coverage. The company offers a variety of plans with different levels of coverage, so most homeowners will be able to find a subscription that matches their needs. While its availability is currently limited to select cities, Super is worth looking into if you live in a serviceable area.

Super Home Inc. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Home Inc.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Home Inc.?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

I had a plumbing issue and doing the claim to Super Home was extremely painless. I just provided the problem with some photographs. Super arranged everything. Then the individuals who came out were really helpful, friendly, easy to get in touch with and exchanged numbers so I knew exactly what time they were coming. Also, they give you the window, so you can prepare accordingly. So, that makes it easy as well.

As far as the warranty, one of the things that we did look at that relates to plumbing, is how far the warranty covers on the property in case it falls outside of what the warranty is. So, for instance, it's important to know if any piping that's coming in or out of the house are covered. There were a lot of services that we were reading that we didn't realize were covered as well. When we first had a rotor issue with the plumbing, we didn't realize that it was covered. So, we already had a plumber come out and do it, and then we realized that it was covered under warranty.

While they provide the documentation, it's important to read through all the fine print of what it does cover and what the exclusions are. We've been recommending Super Home to people that we know are either buying homes now or have existing homes and they talk about various repairs and things that they have. It's a great value. We always talk about how it does. I feel that it's paid for itself each year that we've renewed.

Super Home Inc. response

Justin - Thank you for your feedback! It is wonderful to learn that you have an understanding of your coverage and what is covered. We will always remain an available resource to answer any questions you may have regarding your coverage.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

We had to get our outlets replaced. They were wired in such a way that our inspection showed them as wired correctly. When the electrician popped the box out for an unrelated reason, he realized they were not, in fact, wired correctly. He ended up putting in GFCI outlets, which are safe without requiring the ground. However, Super Home didn't cover any of it because it was a wiring issue. I told them that electrical is covered in the policy. They said yes, but that is only when it's insufficient capacity or overload. I was like, “Well, it's not that we're overloading the circuit. And it's not that we have insufficient power. It's that they're not grounded.” They said that it didn't count. But that didn't make sense. Then they changed strategies.

They said it didn't count because it was a prior repair. I told them that we haven't repaired anything and that this is the condition we bought the house in. The whole point of a home warranty is you get what you get, and then you put a warranty on what you get. They should cover anything that breaks after what you get. It was obviously not a known preexisting condition because their electrician found it while he was here. They went through the entire terms and conditions. At one point, I asked them how are they defining capacity, because it doesn't seem to me, in my understanding of the word "capacity", to be a capacity problem. They looked up the definition of that word and told me, “The definition of capacity is XYZ.” They were reading it off the internet and then they got halfway through. It was funny because I told them that the definition of capacity isn't what they were saying.

At the end of the day, they said that we could say whatever we want, but they would not cover it. I told them that's the word in the contract we signed so the word in the contract matters. They still insisted that they would not cover it. But it was absurd to have someone say the terms in our terms and conditions don't matter. I am not usually this litigious of a person, but I was a little bit frustrated and thought they were a little bit nickel-and-diming me, so I was going to nickel-and-dime them back to a certain extent.

We got the guys out to do all of them, except three, which needed additional work. Then they went MIA and stopped returning my phone calls. I reached out to the electrician directly and asked to come finish the work four weeks later. They just came out last week and finished it. I haven't received the bill yet. Since we prepaid it all with Super, I'm hoping I won't receive a bill for the last three outlets. But they'll be hearing from me if I do. However, it was just this one time that was really mishandled. We've had several claims because it's an older home and Super has been pretty good with most of them.

Super Home Inc. response

Hi Bailey! We appreciate your feedback - it helps us to make Super better, every day. We are grateful you let us help you care for your home. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you with your home.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

The people with Super have been very nice and easy to deal with. The only problem that I have is with contractors. Super Home subs a lot of the work out so they're at the will and the bay of how good of a contractor they get to do the job. The one guy we dealt with wasn't bad but he didn't communicate. It took a couple of weeks for him to change out the faucet which was fine but it would have been nice if he told us what was going on. We had to keep calling Super to ask and they would inform us and be really nice about it.

Super does very well. They have an online chat. Also, I can call them and the wait line is not that bad. But if the subcontractor has to send a report after every time they come, maybe when Super puts that in the system, there would be a code that automatically feeds to my website that says "Hey, the report was sent in. Here's the bluff, bottom line up front", just so I know what's going on and I don't have to call Super. That would also cut down on calls to them on "Hey, what's going on?".

Read policies so you know what warranties cover. Super covers a wide range of stuff which I'm very impressed by. I can't fault them for the subcontractors. This company is doing the best they can.

Super Home Inc. response

Patrick - Thank you for your great rating! We value your honest feedback and appreciate your insight into your claims experience and your thoughts on Super. We are committed to providing an exception experience at all times and hope to continue to make caring for your home care free.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

The app is good. You go on it and do the claim. It's not that hard. But Super Home has changed a lot during lockdown and COVID. You don't get as much interaction service. It’s all online. You’re working from home so things are changing but it is what it is. It takes days for the contractor to come and sometimes, even a week or two. But it depends. In the summer, I had a sprinkler leak. All the sprinkler guys are super busy in the summer, so it takes them a little bit longer which is like all the AC guys who are super busy. You just have to be understanding. Everybody is in the same boat right now and contractors hard to find.

I have a little bit of an issue right now but I'm assuming it should get resolved. I had an issue with my dishwasher about six months ago. The guy came out and said that nothing was going on, and walked off. This time, the dishwasher was stopping and the guy came out last week. He told me that he saw it stop but he didn’t know why and that it was a part issue. So, he told me to give him the timing. So, I gave him all the timings for the next couple of days when it kept stopping. Then, the vendor said that they have to come again and if they can’t figure it out, then they’re gonna say they don't know what the problem is. I don't know how many times they will come and see the same thing. But they're gonna do their best not to spend the money to replace it, which is their duty. But I’m happy and I don't have any issues.

Super Home Inc. response

Nirav - Thank you for your honest feedback and great rating! We are thankful for your understanding as we all do our best to navigate through the current circumstances. Our care team is remains an available resource to you and able to be reached by phone in the event that you need to chat with us.

Original review: April 6, 2021

So far, we've been happy with Super Home. In the last year or two, we've gotten our money back of our policy. And we’ve only been told the pre-existing condition thing once or twice. So, Super Home had at least split the cost with us, or spent almost twice as much as I have on the jobs. We have had to, say, pay $400 of a $1,200 repair, but Super Home helped us out every time.

We put multiple things in the contract for the current owners and the seller to fix. We knew we had a house that was built in 1978, and some new appliances, some not-so-new appliances. So, from a risk standpoint, 1,000 bucks a year is probably something that will hit with our type of house, and how hot it gets, and how often our AC runs, and how often we use hot water.

Before the storm, we submitted a claim. Our upstairs HVAC igniter and some other things weren't working properly. Super Home accepted our claim. It was only 75 bucks to us and 890 to the other area. Because of that, we were much more comfortable during the freeze because we somehow did not lose power. It made us look like geniuses, and Super Home guys did well for us.

Here's another example. We have two units. One upstairs, one downstairs. Our downstairs unit went. I was able to get with one of Super Home's representatives or someone that is closer to the top that I had the number of. I was able to skip to the top and say, “Hey our AC capacitor’s out. We can't run the unit downstairs. Upstairs unit is struggling.” Super Home put us at the front of the line because we had babies, and came the next morning. We put in the claim 8:00 AM on Thursday, so it would be a Monday or Tuesday type deal. And it was really hot. So, a lot of other people had the same exact issue and we still skipped the line.

Super Home Inc. response

Thanks Ross! We appreciate the positive feedback and we’re proud to help you care for your home.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

The claim submission process with Super Home is easy. I just do it on the app. A technician came out recently, and he was awesome. He was here like five minutes and fixed the door. I also have somebody come out for a ballast light and for a fan. He came out, cost me $89 and said, "Oh, well, you have to get these parts and then call me when you get them." If I knew what I needed, I wouldn't have called them. So I'm sitting here with no service. I've already paid the guy $89. Everything else has been fine. Everybody's been really friendly.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I am in the process of trying to get someone to come out and fix/diagnose leaking in my basement floor. They send out service people who are unqualified and irresponsible. I am still waiting to have someone come out while I have water seeping into my basement. We can't use any of our sinks, showers, toilets' without water leaking. This is absolutely not acceptable!

Super Home Inc. response

Hi Tami, We're truly sorry to hear you experienced a longer turn around time for a final resolution but are happy to report the issue has been addressed. Our team is dedicated to providing exceptional customer service, as well as offer the best contractors and fully understand how important our assistance is for your home care needs. Our team will remain an available resource for any future questions or concerns you may have.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I love Super. We were given this service when we purchased our home from our realtor. It has been a blessing to have. As a new homeowner it can be very scary when something happens in your home. It is so simple to contact Super through the app, schedule a day and receive such wonderful service. I would and do recommend this service to everyone.

Super Home Inc. response

Sharon - Congratulations on being a new home owner! Super has your back! We are happy to make caring for your home a care-free experience.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

My tenants had issues with the dishwasher. I scheduled appointments with Super for repair without a long wait for the repairs. The techs were on time, courteous, knowledgeable and professional. This is the first time I've had a Super plan and I'm so happy I do! As a landlord, thanks for helping make things easier for me and my tenants.

Super Home Inc. response

Kathryn - We are happy to help make your life and the life of your tenants easier! Thank you for trusting Super with your home care needs! We will remain an available resource to you!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Submitted my service request online. Technician came to the house two days later. He discovered I needed a new part, but was able to bypass the bad part so I would have heat in the meantime. Two days later the bad part was replaced. Job well done. Very pleased.

Super Home Inc. response

James - We are elated to hear of the quick thinking of our servicer and the prompt resolution of your claim! We hope that you're staying warm! Cheers for now!

Super Home Inc. Company Information