2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

3.7/5 (124 ratings)

About Super Home Inc.

Super is a subscription-based home service contract company that offers coverage for appliances and other home system breakdowns. With Super, you can easily file for claims by using your computer or phone and work with a local repair service.

Pros

• Pay a monthly or yearly fee
  • Covers nine main home systems
  • Offers maintenance reminders

Cons

• Limited availability nationwide
  • Limited coverage offers

Bottom Line

Super is a home service coverage provider available in select cities across the U.S. Its coverage is subscription based and covers nine common appliances and systems with additional services available.

What is Super?

Super provides home service contracts that are subscription based and cover common issues and appliances in your home. Super operates as a concierge service — when you request service, Super dispatches a qualified repair provider in your area. Currently, Super’s subscription warranty services are only available in select cities or territories, including:

• Phoenix, Arizona
  • Baltimore, Maryland
  • Washington, D.C.
  • Chicago, Illinois
  • Austin, Texas
  • Dallas, Texas
  • Houston, Texas
  • San Antonio, Texas

To apply for Super’s home repair subscription, visit its website and click the “Start Membership” button. From there, you’ll provide Super with details about your current property, including the square footage and location.

You can request Super’s services as soon as you’re approved to join its program, but Super won’t actually cover services until 15 days after you sign up unless your home qualifies for buyer’s coverage. There’s no cap on the number of appointments you can schedule each year with Super, and the company provides coverage for unknown preexisting conditions in your home.

Super home coverage plans

Super has three coverage plans: Secure, Signature and Luxe. All three plans offer base coverage of these nine appliances/systems:

• Air conditioning system
  • Water heater
  • Garage door openers
  • Ceiling fans and central vacuum
  • Sprinkler system and timer

Each plan offers varying levels of coverage based on your needs and the level of services you want:

• Secure coverage offers basic coverage for the nine most common home appliances and systems, maintenance services and reminders.
  • Signature coverage offers basic coverage for nine most common home appliances and systems, maintenance services, reminders and Super’s "It’s Covered" upgrade, which provides more specialized coverage.
  • Luxe coverage offers the highest level of coverage for many home appliances and systems, maintenance services, reminders and Super’s "It’s Covered" upgrade.

All of Super’s coverage plans have a $30,000 aggregate limit each year, after which you won’t receive reimbursement for coverage.

Super prices

Super’s coverage costs vary depending on where you live, your home’s size and the amount of coverage you want. For example, if you own a home in Texas that’s less than 5,000 square feet, the pricing for each of Super’s plans as of the time of publishing would be around:

• Secure: $47 a month ($529 a year)
  • Signature: $72 a month ($829 a year)
  • Luxe: $107 a month ($1,249 a year)

Super Home Inc FAQ

Where is Super available?
Super is available in eight cities across the country as of the time of publishing:
  • Phoenix, Arizona
  • Baltimore, Maryland
  • Washington, D.C.
  • Chicago, Illinois
  • Austin, Texas
  • Dallas, Texas
  • Houston, Texas
  • San Antonio, Texas
What does Super home warranty cover?
Super offers three plans with different levels of coverage, but all of its plans cover at least the following appliances/systems:
  • Air conditioning system
  • Water heater
  • Garage door openers
  • Ceiling fans and central vacuum
  • Sprinkler system and timer
Is there a waiting period for Super?
You can use Super’s concierge system to find a repair company as soon as you join, but Super won’t actually cover your repairs until 15 days after you sign up for coverage.
Will Super home warranty replace my AC?
Super will repair your air conditioner, but a full replacement may need to be discussed with a company representative.

Is Super home coverage worth it?

Super’s home service plans are a viable option for homeowners interested in subscription-style coverage. The company offers a variety of plans with different levels of coverage, so most homeowners will be able to find a subscription that matches their needs. While its availability is currently limited to select cities, Super is worth looking into if you live in a serviceable area.

Super Home Inc. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Home Inc.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Home Inc.?

Original review: June 3, 2021

We have a mixed experience with Super Home. Their application process was very easy. The problem is it's very hard to get in touch with somebody if you have anything unless they call you. Also, it's sometimes hard to understand what they will do. The last time I had the AC done, a guy came, spent 20 minutes, made something, and was done. On the other side of plumbing services, they are very tactful when they come. When they changed the water heater, it took some time but it was okay.

Our experience with the home warranty is not the best but it's above average. Super Home is a good company with a good product. They can really make it amazing if it's easier to reach somebody in person. When you're waiting, there are a lot of companies that the service where you can just put your own phone number and say, “Give me a callback.” And the service comes to you. You're not holding on the phone for an hour or 45 minutes to talk to somebody. If Super Home can have that, it would make things easy.

Super Home Inc. response

Hi Vik! We are grateful you let us help you care for your home, and we appreciate your feedback - it helps us to make Super better, every day.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 6, 2021

So far, we've been happy with Super Home. In the last year or two, we've gotten our money back of our policy. And we’ve only been told the pre-existing condition thing once or twice. So, Super Home had at least split the cost with us, or spent almost twice as much as I have on the jobs. We have had to, say, pay $400 of a $1,200 repair, but Super Home helped us out every time.

We put multiple things in the contract for the current owners and the seller to fix. We knew we had a house that was built in 1978, and some new appliances, some not-so-new appliances. So, from a risk standpoint, 1,000 bucks a year is probably something that will hit with our type of house, and how hot it gets, and how often our AC runs, and how often we use hot water.

Before the storm, we submitted a claim. Our upstairs HVAC igniter and some other things weren't working properly. Super Home accepted our claim. It was only 75 bucks to us and 890 to the other area. Because of that, we were much more comfortable during the freeze because we somehow did not lose power. It made us look like geniuses, and Super Home guys did well for us.

Here's another example. We have two units. One upstairs, one downstairs. Our downstairs unit went. I was able to get with one of Super Home's representatives or someone that is closer to the top that I had the number of. I was able to skip to the top and say, “Hey our AC capacitor’s out. We can't run the unit downstairs. Upstairs unit is struggling.” Super Home put us at the front of the line because we had babies, and came the next morning. We put in the claim 8:00 AM on Thursday, so it would be a Monday or Tuesday type deal. And it was really hot. So, a lot of other people had the same exact issue and we still skipped the line.

Super Home Inc. response

Thanks Ross! We appreciate the positive feedback and we’re proud to help you care for your home.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

The project is still not done and I am a little bit surprised with certain things. My understanding when I was buying the home warranty was that more things are covered or the service is faster. But it seems like these days, everything is blamed on COVID. I'm a broker and I don't believe it. I work with contractors every day. Recently, we had to hire a different company for a yearly clean on the furnace. We already paid for the service of the furnace and air conditioning in the spring. It also seemed like we had some issue with the furnace. It stopped working and the terminal started with a bad connection. I told Super Home we would like to schedule a cleaning but the rep said due to the COVID, they don't provide that service anymore.

The people who came in did a good job. We had a problem with the faucet and that guy was beyond amazing. The last person I talked to was a guy who was extremely nice. I thanked him 10 times because I appreciated his politeness. The person I talked to before was a woman and she was really mad. I'm in customer service too. Even if I have a bad day, you shut up and you just do whatever to make client happy. It seems like the person was working from the house and it was not very helpful or polite. But I will recommend Super Home. I always like to give companies or people second chance ‘cause most were good experiences. 92% I'm happy, 8% it’s kinda of like a cloudy vibe.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

We are not fix-it types. We don't have the know-how or patience so in buying a house, we had to have a home warranty. Super Home was the best at taking care of the problem and not like nickel-and-diming you to death when I did a lot of research on home warranties. People didn't have to fight to get things taken care of with them. There were a lot of people I knew who had horror stories with other home warranties where they paid and didn't get anything out of it. And they fought their warranty company every time they needed something fixed. Also, My realtor had suggested Super Home.

I filled out the form online and then somebody called me. This was about two years ago. The rep walked me through and I was able to really easily add on things because I wanted to make sure that my pool pump and things like that were covered. That was an extra charge but that made sense to me since not everybody would have a pool and pools would be expensive. It was also nice that I could get my water softener covered at an extra charge 'cause that'd be another thing that not every household would have. I didn't know anything about water softeners, so I'd be in trouble if it were to break.

The house that we moved into was previously a VRBO. This is our first house. We moved from an apartment so we weren't coming into it with a bunch of appliances. So we really needed a place that already had everything. The house had an old-fashioned stackable washer and dryer in there. It was never my plan to keep that stackable. It was not big enough for us. But I thought it'd get us through the first couple of months until I could get something better.

A week after we moved in, I realized that the stackable was broken. The transmission had gone out in it and it was getting transmission fluid all over our clothes. On the night I put in the claim with Super Home, they sent somebody out. The claim guy said it was not fixable. It would cost more to fix the transmission in that thing than it would to just replace it. Then the next day, Super gave me $1,500 and to buy whatever I wanted with it. Then it happened to be just enough money that I was able to buy a full-size washer and dryer with that money. So my first experience with them was quite pleasant because I was expecting to have to replace that thing on my own.

Super Home doesn't seem to be a company that's just out to get your money and not give you anything back in return. It's well worth it. Since we've been in the house, I had two toilets where they were constantly running. If it were just an old-fashioned flapper, I could change that. But they were the complicated Kohler ones, and so I had to have somebody come out twice and fix each one of my toilets. I also had a shower where the water wouldn't stop running because the cartridge broke in the faucet and the guy that came out fixed it and replaced the whole faucet for me. He could've just hooked my old faucet back on, but he fixed it all for me. All the people that Super Home has sent out have been really super nice. I've never had a problem with the contractor and with their billing. I would totally use them again and I recommended them to a lot of people.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

All in all, I like the scheduling system. It's very easy and effective. It asks for two appointment options and they usually show up when you need them to. They are very quick at responding as well. Realistically though, it's not gonna be perfect all the time. We’d get some issues, but the most important thing is the way they handle it. That's what I like about Super Home. The last time was very to the point and efficient in solving problems. I only did one call and the guy figured it out and took care of it. I've had experiences where we had to go back and forth with other companies.

This is my second year and I'm happy with Super Home, especially with the last warranty call that I had where I got my call fee reversed. I called for a plumber and I wasn't informed the last one that I called him, it was something that had to be fixed because it's not covered by the warranty. Without knowing it, I called it and explained to the rep from Super, and he was able to reverse the fee. He told me that, “I processed it. I can't give you an answer right now because I have to bring it up to management. But if you don't hear from me, you'll definitely get an email if you got the refund or not.” A couple of days later, I got the email that it was refunded. They got to the bottom of it and got the issue fixed.

I was really impressed at how the plumber handled the situation about the plumbing system too. He went the extra mile. He looked at the history and he found out about the pre-existing condition. Had he not done that, we'd be going around in circles trying to figure out what happened. It saved us a lot of costs going back and forth. It was deemed as an unwarrantable item, so I couldn't fix it myself without having to call Super Home again and get charged with the $75. It's also good that Super Home took good notes on each claim, so at least they had a history to show and to at least give any feedback if there were any cases or issues to arise in the future.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

My experience has consistently been solid with this company. They cover breakdowns in the home, but also offer a bunch of maintenance services that I never seem to have time to do. I’ve already recommended them to my friends, so thought I would post here, too.

Super Home Inc. response

Ben - Thank you for sharing your experience and the positive rating! We strive to provide top tier service when caring for your home and we are happy that you have taken the time to inform others of the great services Super has to offer.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Super is so much better than the other home warranties. I never knew that a home services company could be this responsive, but they are. I look forward to having them open in more places so I can share with my friends.

Super Home Inc. response

Jessica - Thank you for the wonderful rating and kind words! We are happy to continue to make caring for your home carefree.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I have a buyer's policy that was included with my home purchase. This policy supposedly covers any problems we discover upon purchase that were not disclosed to us by the seller. The day we closed we went to the house to turn on the AC. We came back later and it was even hotter in the house. We contacted Super. Several days later they sent someone to look at it. This individual was hours late, not wearing any company attire and in an unmarked van and had no company credentials. However he did seem to know what he was doing. He told me the unit needed replaced and he also told me Super would not do anything about it. He tried selling me a replacement on the spot. He told Super it was working and needed no repairs, while still contacting me to sell a replacement.

Super sent someone else out. Again no company attire, unmarked vehicle, no credentials. He didn't seem to know what to make of the system at all. He told Super the vents were the problem (they weren't). We had several reputable companies come and diagnose the issue. Both Cardinal and F.H. Furr said and gave us documentation saying that the AC was not functioning and needed to be replaced.

I called Super and they argued with me about it. The fact is, an AC system is not working if it's making the house hotter than it is outside. They agreed but wouldn't do anything about it. I paid to replace the system. They asked me to provide proof that it needed to be replaced. I sent it to them. And sent them the bill. That was over 3 weeks ago. I have followed up several times and cannot get a response. I am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and with the VA Attorney General's office. I'm also looking into small claims court. Do NOT waste time or money on this scam company.

Original review: July 29, 2021

Super did not communicate with us throughout the entire process. Super kept asking for more money but could not explain why they needed more money. It took a month and a half for us to finally get our 1 year old AC fixed. We suffered in 90-100 degree weather and Super could not be bothered to even call and explain what was causing the delays. We had to call every week to find out where they were in the process. I do not wish this service on my worst enemy, take your hard-earned money elsewhere.

Original review: June 30, 2021

Super Home has a pretty easy application process. If you already have an existing home, you sign up online and it's quick. If you're purchasing a home, it's purchased through the title company. Everything's pretty good and I renew my policy every year. Sometimes the contractors that come out are a little bit late or they take a little bit of time to get things done. Other than that, everything's on the super side. I recommend Super Home.

Super Home Inc. response

Denny, thank you for the fantastic review and for taking the time to let us know how we're doing! We're so happy that we can continue to help you care for your home!

Super Home Inc. Company Information