3.4/5 (58 ratings)
Availability
5 states
Call Center Open

About Super Home Inc.

Super is a subscription-based home service contract company that offers coverage for appliances and other home system breakdowns. With Super, you can easily file for claims by using your computer or phone and work with a local repair service.

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans near you

Pros

• Pay a monthly or yearly fee
    • Covers nine main home systems
    • Offers maintenance reminders

Cons

• Limited availability nationwide
    • Limited coverage offers

Bottom Line

Super is a home service coverage provider available in select cities across the U.S. Its coverage is subscription based and covers nine common appliances and systems with additional services available.

What is Super?

Super provides home service contracts that are subscription based and cover common issues and appliances in your home. Super operates as a concierge service — when you request service, Super dispatches a qualified repair provider in your area. Currently, Super’s subscription warranty services are only available in select cities or territories, including:

• Phoenix, Arizona
    • Baltimore, Maryland
    • Washington, D.C.
    • Chicago, Illinois
    • Austin, Texas
    • Dallas, Texas
    • Houston, Texas
    • San Antonio, Texas

To apply for Super’s home repair subscription, visit its website and click the “Start Membership” button. From there, you’ll provide Super with details about your current property, including the square footage and location.

You can request Super’s services as soon as you’re approved to join its program, but Super won’t actually cover services until 15 days after you sign up unless your home qualifies for buyer’s coverage. There’s no cap on the number of appointments you can schedule each year with Super, and the company provides coverage for unknown preexisting conditions in your home.

Super home coverage plans

Super has three coverage plans: Secure, Signature and Luxe. All three plans offer base coverage of these nine appliances/systems:

• Air conditioning system
    • Water heater
    • Garage door openers
    • Ceiling fans and central vacuum
    • Sprinkler system and timer

Each plan offers varying levels of coverage based on your needs and the level of services you want:

• Secure coverage offers basic coverage for the nine most common home appliances and systems, maintenance services and reminders.
    • Signature coverage offers basic coverage for nine most common home appliances and systems, maintenance services, reminders and Super’s "It’s Covered" upgrade, which provides more specialized coverage.
    • Luxe coverage offers the highest level of coverage for many home appliances and systems, maintenance services, reminders and Super’s "It’s Covered" upgrade.

All of Super’s coverage plans have a $30,000 aggregate limit each year, after which you won’t receive reimbursement for coverage.

Super prices

Super’s coverage costs vary depending on where you live, your home’s size and the amount of coverage you want. For example, if you own a home in Texas that’s less than 5,000 square feet, the pricing for each of Super’s plans as of the time of publishing would be around:

• Secure: $47 a month ($529 a year)
    • Signature: $72 a month ($829 a year)
    • Luxe: $107 a month ($1,249 a year)

Super Home Inc FAQ

Where is Super available?
    Super is available in eight cities across the country as of the time of publishing:
    • Phoenix, Arizona
    • Baltimore, Maryland
    • Washington, D.C.
    • Chicago, Illinois
    • Austin, Texas
    • Dallas, Texas
    • Houston, Texas
    • San Antonio, Texas
    What does Super home warranty cover?
    Super offers three plans with different levels of coverage, but all of its plans cover at least the following appliances/systems:
    • Air conditioning system
    • Water heater
    • Garage door openers
    • Ceiling fans and central vacuum
    • Sprinkler system and timer
    Is there a waiting period for Super?
    You can use Super’s concierge system to find a repair company as soon as you join, but Super won’t actually cover your repairs until 15 days after you sign up for coverage.
    Will Super home warranty replace my AC?
    Super will repair your air conditioner, but a full replacement may need to be discussed with a company representative.

Is Super home coverage worth it?

Super’s home service plans are a viable option for homeowners interested in subscription-style coverage. The company offers a variety of plans with different levels of coverage, so most homeowners will be able to find a subscription that matches their needs. While its availability is currently limited to select cities, Super is worth looking into if you live in a serviceable area.

Super Home Inc. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Home Inc.?

Original review: May 6, 2022

I’ve had a couple of claims and when I submit the claim, they give three days for the contractor to come out. I wish it was sooner because if something breaks down, you would want it to be the first available. Then the contractor has to submit their report, which has to be approved, and they have to order the parts. It takes a while because the contractors have to get approval and they put it on Super Home saying they have to wait till they hear from them. But I don’t think Super Home would really take that long.

One time, it felt like I was forgotten by the repair company I also had a claim that took weeks. The first person that came out said it wouldn't be worth repairing. They talked to Super Home and they were like, "Okay, we're going to repair it." It was all these trips back and forth and then getting the part and coming back. It could have even been almost a month before it was repaired. But that was during the pandemic. Other than that, I'm saving money because Super Home is holding the contractors accountable. I’ve heard a lot of horror stories about other home insurance companies and I don’t feel that way about Super Home.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 6, 2022

Super Home sent me a thing saying that the warranty was expiring and if I wanted to renew it, I could. And they had different plans. I chose a different plan. I was going to renew it and I didn't know the process wasn't easy. Their website is not easy to use. When I went to choose it, then if everything isn't exactly right, it kicks you back to the very beginning again. And when I went to pay, I missed some information. And it was just too much so, I said, “Forget it. I'll do it later.” And I never went back to do it that I knew of but it renewed on its own. The other day, I got a receipt from Super and they renewed the program. It seems to me it's one of those things that renews on its own unless you cancel it, which I did not know. And if I didn't want it again, I would have been upset about it.

Super Home was quick to respond. You can set the appointment up online. I emailed Super and told them what I needed to have done, I paid a $75 deductible, and they do everything. It was the easiest thing ever. I don't know why I put off doing it for so long. I had an electrical contractor for my HVAC unit because the breaker was popping. And they said, “No, it's not the electricity, it's the air conditioning unit.” So, they set up somebody for the air conditioning people to come out, and they came out and fixed it. I also had my dishwasher fixed a month ago. It was great. The people that came out were friendly and helpful. Call Super Home and they have a plan that fits whatever budget you want to take advantage of.

Super Home Inc. response

Robin - Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your experience. We sincerely apologize for the trouble you experienced with selecting your plan on our website. As a tech company, it's our goal to prevent self service options that are user friendly. We will pass this feedback along to ensure this issue does not occur again in the future. Should you have any future questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to give us a call.

Original review: March 5, 2022

Top Notch Plumbing came out to do a sprinkler system repair. I paid my $85 for Super to go ahead and do the repair because they’re supposed to be a home care warranty. Then the third party that they hired out charged me another $225, so it wasn't fully covered as it stated. I ended up paying $85 and then whatever I pay monthly, and then on top of that, the 225. I felt a little cheated. The technicians seemed a little shady because I've had them called out, and then they ask for extra money after the fact when it should have been covered by Super. The job was done properly though.

I enjoy Super, but I would recommend other people to go with First American Home Warranty. I would go with someone totally different. Super do get people out here in a timely manner. I have them for three years now for a contract and I'm going to use them up but I'm going to go ahead and start taking notes on which contractor I enjoy working with and that does not screw me over.

Another issue I have with Super is they do not help with maintenance on things like my water heater. I have a tankless water heater. They would rather wait until the tankless water heater goes completely out before coming and maintaining it because things like that require yearly maintenance. If they were to just come out and get a technician to do the yearly maintenance, it would save both the homeowner and Super a lot of money because, eventually, they're gonna have to replace the whole tankless system. I don't understand why they wouldn't help the consumers with maintenance and they would wait until it becomes the biggest issue ever and then have to go about it on that route. It leaves the customer without a properly working home for a longer amount of time.

Super Home Inc. response

Aimee - Thank you for providing this insight into your claim. We sincerely apologize for your experience. We have escalated your concerns to our Executive Escalations team for review and we will be in contact with you to discuss your claim further.

Original review: March 4, 2022

I recently had a claim for my water heater and the contractor did a really good job installing it. But I was a little frustrated it took over a week to get the equipment in and have it installed. I had a 65-gallon tank and they don't make that anymore so I had to go with a 75. I was told that there was an additional charge and I told them I was okay with that. But then they kept saying they'll expedite it. It sounded like since they're in the main offices, they ain't gonna try and reach Sally who is the only one that can rubber stamp something, and either she's out or busy and they have to wait till she gets back. As soon as whoever showed up said okay, the plumbing company got the okay to do it. Then they had to wait about four days past that for the equipment to come in, then they came and installed it. But other than that, Super Home has been responsive. The people are very friendly when you call them. They seem polite.

I like that you can just call somebody at Super Home and one and done. You don't have to guess who to call if something breaks at your house. Also, I like my general rep lady for my area. She's really nice and responsive. But Super Home's price is a little weird. They charged me double the price for their service because of the square footage of my house. Even though it's a big house, it's not like I have extra water heaters or air conditioners. For instance, I have a commercial freezer and they charged me extra on top of the double pay for that. I have a couple of things that aren't standard and they are charging me extra for those. That makes sense. But it's strange to charge me more when, even though it's a big house, it's the same amount of appliances that would break in a smaller house.

Super Home Inc. response

Vania - We are sorry to hear that you were satisfied with the claim resolution time. Regrettably, items such as water heaters are unable to be kept on hand and must be ordered as needed. We are happy that the issue has been resolved and thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

I've had Super Home now for many years. In the other house that we first had it on, there were a lot of issues and we had to use the policy quite a bit. They fought me on several policy provisions that were clearly covered and they denied the claim. I had to escalate it to their COO and when pushed, they did the right thing. They didn't cover it all but they covered the majority of it, which I thought was frustrating at the time but probably fair.

Since then, they've done everything fairly so when we bought this new house and it was new construction, I bought Super again. We've used it several times and every time we used it, they're very good and prompt. But we had a refrigerator issue where the door opener and one of the LED light drivers were broken and I thought that was straightforward but they denied that claim. I ended up having to escalate that one to the CEO, who has a special customer advocacy team, and when they looked into it, they ended up covering it.

When pushed, they do the right thing but I felt that that was really unnecessary. It shouldn't have had to come to that. But I've recommended them, even during that time, and my advice to the people I recommended Super to is always the same. For the things that are clearly under the policy, they're going to be blown away as to how easy it is but for some things, they may have to strongly advocate that those things are covered.

Also, during the resolution of my latest claim, there seemed to be a lack of coordination. They contacted me several times for a variety of reasons that seemed silly and asinine and they weren't talking to each other behind the scenes. There was this guy, Shane, and every time I talked to him, he was polite but he seemed one or two steps in the process behind. He was very confused about the process but he was so structured when he talked about it that he was almost careful about what he said. He was way off base every time he talked and it was just simply because he couldn’t sort of keep up with the pace of decisions that are being made.

Super has also changed their policies and coverages. We had a generator and it was covered at one point but then quietly, they sort of changed their policy and now, the generator is not covered. Communication about what is not being covered and the changes to those policies is not that great. I don’t even know if they had a grandfather clause for older customers, but some sort of structured approach -- how and why they change coverages year to year -- is really important.

Super Home Inc. response

Hi Justin, Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We are sorry to hear your initial claim experience with our service wasn't so pleasant. We are however, happy to hear your last claims turned out positive and changed the perception of what Super aspires to bring, which is exceptional customer service from our staff and servicer providers. We look forward to continue providing a great experience for any future claims you may have.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2023

This company will deny every single claim you present and provide no explanation. The claim service is terrible. The vendors they send for work will even tell you that this company has a tendency to deny claims without cause. I would not recommend this home warranty to anyone who is actually looking for coverage

Super Home Inc. response

Hello Richard, We're truly sorry you experienced poor correspondence with our service team. Super strives to create positive experiences for our customers and fully understands how important our assistance is for your home care needs. Our Escalations Team will review the claim history and follow up to address your concerns.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

We've used Super Home a couple of times and it's been helpful. We had a couple of plumbing issues where we needed to get our hot water heater fixed, and it was much cheaper than it would have been. They also replaced an O-ring on our toilet, which was nice and saved us quite a bit. We also had them take a look at a broken stove which we ended up not fixing because it wasn't covered by the plan. All in all, it's already pretty much paid for itself with the plumbing work. They've covered most of the things. There were just a few things that could be clearer in the coverage policy.

Super Home Inc. response

Hello Steven, Thank you for the feedback and positive rating! We are happy to assist in making your home care needs as hassle-free and pleasant as possible. Should you need further clarification or understanding of your policy, please feel free to reach out to our customer service team via your portal or app and they will be more than happy to address it.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

I have a claim that is taking too long and I'm still working on it. The contractor was incompetent. If I could find a guy outside other than the Super people, maybe it would have been done in two days. The Super response time is a little long. The initial appointment when you open a claim with Super, they come in and delegate it. Then they say, “Oh, we need to come back.” I give a lot of information on the claim itself. So at least I expect a turnaround of one week. But sometimes, it takes weeks. The last claim took more than a month and then this claim which I'm working on has been going on for two months. I'm not satisfied with the timing.

Super Home Inc. response

Hi Dinesh, We truly apologize for the frustration with your claim experience. Super fully understand how important our assistance is especially in a timely manner for your home care needs. Our Care team will review and follow up to address your concerns.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

We've got a pretty comprehensive contract with Super Home and the information is available online. It goes into detail on what is and what isn't covered, and all the different additions that you can buy. For example, we have a second refrigerator so we have that for a few dollars. I've always done everything online with them for my claims and they've been really quick to respond. The only time there was an issue was when the timing gear of our oven went out and they had trouble finding a repair service for us right before Thanksgiving. But with the way things have been in the past couple of years, it was understandable.

They took a few days and didn't get back with me so I sent them an email and they responded to that, saying that they were having trouble finding someone. I just asked them to keep the communication going and let me know that they were trying. They finally got someone, then the repairman came and got it fixed. But before that, we already bought a new stove the day before Thanksgiving because we were having family over and we hadn't heard that they were going to make it in time. Other than that, everything has been prompt and they provide really good communication. Plus, we've never been rejected for anything.

Super Home Inc. response

Hello Richard, Thank you for the 5-star rating and feedback, it's truly appreciated! Super fully understands how important our assistance is for your home care needs. We look forward to continuing to provide you with a great service for any future claims you may have.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

I have an older GE Profile washing machine and it was making a horrible noise. Come to find out it was the belt needing replacement. Works good as new. Nice young man came out and took care of it. Super is great!!

Super Home Inc. Company Information