2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.90/5

Super is a subscription-based home service contract company that offers coverage for appliances and other home system breakdowns. With Super, you can easily file for claims by using your computer or phone and work with a local repair service.

BOTTOM LINE

Super is a home service coverage provider available in select cities across the U.S. Its coverage is subscription based and covers nine common appliances and systems with additional services available.

PROS

• Pay a monthly or yearly fee
  • Covers nine main home systems
  • Offers maintenance reminders

CONS

• Limited availability nationwide
  • Limited coverage offers

What is Super?

Super provides home service contracts that are subscription based and cover common issues and appliances in your home. Super operates as a concierge service — when you request service, Super dispatches a qualified repair provider in your area. Currently, Super’s subscription warranty services are only available in select cities or territories, including:

• Phoenix, Arizona
  • Baltimore, Maryland
  • Washington, D.C.
  • Chicago, Illinois
  • Austin, Texas
  • Dallas, Texas
  • Houston, Texas
  • San Antonio, Texas

To apply for Super’s home repair subscription, visit its website and click the “Start Membership” button. From there, you’ll provide Super with details about your current property, including the square footage and location.

You can request Super’s services as soon as you’re approved to join its program, but Super won’t actually cover services until 15 days after you sign up unless your home qualifies for buyer’s coverage. There’s no cap on the number of appointments you can schedule each year with Super, and the company provides coverage for unknown preexisting conditions in your home.

Super home coverage plans

Super has three coverage plans: Secure, Signature and Luxe. All three plans offer base coverage of these nine appliances/systems:

• Air conditioning system
  • Water heater
  • Garage door openers
  • Ceiling fans and central vacuum
  • Sprinkler system and timer

Each plan offers varying levels of coverage based on your needs and the level of services you want:

• Secure coverage offers basic coverage for the nine most common home appliances and systems, maintenance services and reminders.
  • Signature coverage offers basic coverage for nine most common home appliances and systems, maintenance services, reminders and Super’s "It’s Covered" upgrade, which provides more specialized coverage.
  • Luxe coverage offers the highest level of coverage for many home appliances and systems, maintenance services, reminders and Super’s "It’s Covered" upgrade.

All of Super’s coverage plans have a $30,000 aggregate limit each year, after which you won’t receive reimbursement for coverage.

Super prices

Super’s coverage costs vary depending on where you live, your home’s size and the amount of coverage you want. For example, if you own a home in Texas that’s less than 5,000 square feet, the pricing for each of Super’s plans as of the time of publishing would be around:

• Secure: $47 a month ($529 a year)
  • Signature: $72 a month ($829 a year)
  • Luxe: $107 a month ($1,249 a year)

Super Home Inc FAQ

Where is Super available?
Super is available in eight cities across the country as of the time of publishing:
  • Phoenix, Arizona
  • Baltimore, Maryland
  • Washington, D.C.
  • Chicago, Illinois
  • Austin, Texas
  • Dallas, Texas
  • Houston, Texas
  • San Antonio, Texas
What does Super home warranty cover?
Super offers three plans with different levels of coverage, but all of its plans cover at least the following appliances/systems:
  • Air conditioning system
  • Water heater
  • Garage door openers
  • Ceiling fans and central vacuum
  • Sprinkler system and timer
Is there a waiting period for Super?
You can use Super’s concierge system to find a repair company as soon as you join, but Super won’t actually cover your repairs until 15 days after you sign up for coverage.
Will Super home warranty replace my AC?
Super will repair your air conditioner, but a full replacement may need to be discussed with a company representative.

Is Super home coverage worth it?

Super’s home service plans are a viable option for homeowners interested in subscription-style coverage. The company offers a variety of plans with different levels of coverage, so most homeowners will be able to find a subscription that matches their needs. While its availability is currently limited to select cities, Super is worth looking into if you live in a serviceable area.

Super Home Inc. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Home Inc.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Home Inc.?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

The project is still not done and I am a little bit surprised with certain things. My understanding when I was buying the home warranty was that more things are covered or the service is faster. But it seems like these days, everything is blamed on COVID. I'm a broker and I don't believe it. I work with contractors every day. Recently, we had to hire a different company for a yearly clean on the furnace. We already paid for the service of the furnace and air conditioning in the spring. It also seemed like we had some issue with the furnace. It stopped working and the terminal started with a bad connection. I told Super Home we would like to schedule a cleaning but the rep said due to the COVID, they don't provide that service anymore.

The people who came in did a good job. We had a problem with the faucet and that guy was beyond amazing. The last person I talked to was a guy who was extremely nice. I thanked him 10 times because I appreciated his politeness. The person I talked to before was a woman and she was really mad. I'm in customer service too. Even if I have a bad day, you shut up and you just do whatever to make client happy. It seems like the person was working from the house and it was not very helpful or polite. But I will recommend Super Home. I always like to give companies or people second chance ‘cause most were good experiences. 92% I'm happy, 8% it’s kinda of like a cloudy vibe.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

We are not fix-it types. We don't have the know-how or patience so in buying a house, we had to have a home warranty. Super Home was the best at taking care of the problem and not like nickel-and-diming you to death when I did a lot of research on home warranties. People didn't have to fight to get things taken care of with them. There were a lot of people I knew who had horror stories with other home warranties where they paid and didn't get anything out of it. And they fought their warranty company every time they needed something fixed. Also, My realtor had suggested Super Home.

I filled out the form online and then somebody called me. This was about two years ago. The rep walked me through and I was able to really easily add on things because I wanted to make sure that my pool pump and things like that were covered. That was an extra charge but that made sense to me since not everybody would have a pool and pools would be expensive. It was also nice that I could get my water softener covered at an extra charge 'cause that'd be another thing that not every household would have. I didn't know anything about water softeners, so I'd be in trouble if it were to break.

The house that we moved into was previously a VRBO. This is our first house. We moved from an apartment so we weren't coming into it with a bunch of appliances. So we really needed a place that already had everything. The house had an old-fashioned stackable washer and dryer in there. It was never my plan to keep that stackable. It was not big enough for us. But I thought it'd get us through the first couple of months until I could get something better.

A week after we moved in, I realized that the stackable was broken. The transmission had gone out in it and it was getting transmission fluid all over our clothes. On the night I put in the claim with Super Home, they sent somebody out. The claim guy said it was not fixable. It would cost more to fix the transmission in that thing than it would to just replace it. Then the next day, Super gave me $1,500 and to buy whatever I wanted with it. Then it happened to be just enough money that I was able to buy a full-size washer and dryer with that money. So my first experience with them was quite pleasant because I was expecting to have to replace that thing on my own.

Super Home doesn't seem to be a company that's just out to get your money and not give you anything back in return. It's well worth it. Since we've been in the house, I had two toilets where they were constantly running. If it were just an old-fashioned flapper, I could change that. But they were the complicated Kohler ones, and so I had to have somebody come out twice and fix each one of my toilets. I also had a shower where the water wouldn't stop running because the cartridge broke in the faucet and the guy that came out fixed it and replaced the whole faucet for me. He could've just hooked my old faucet back on, but he fixed it all for me. All the people that Super Home has sent out have been really super nice. I've never had a problem with the contractor and with their billing. I would totally use them again and I recommended them to a lot of people.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

All in all, I like the scheduling system. It's very easy and effective. It asks for two appointment options and they usually show up when you need them to. They are very quick at responding as well. Realistically though, it's not gonna be perfect all the time. We’d get some issues, but the most important thing is the way they handle it. That's what I like about Super Home. The last time was very to the point and efficient in solving problems. I only did one call and the guy figured it out and took care of it. I've had experiences where we had to go back and forth with other companies.

This is my second year and I'm happy with Super Home, especially with the last warranty call that I had where I got my call fee reversed. I called for a plumber and I wasn't informed the last one that I called him, it was something that had to be fixed because it's not covered by the warranty. Without knowing it, I called it and explained to the rep from Super, and he was able to reverse the fee. He told me that, “I processed it. I can't give you an answer right now because I have to bring it up to management. But if you don't hear from me, you'll definitely get an email if you got the refund or not.” A couple of days later, I got the email that it was refunded. They got to the bottom of it and got the issue fixed.

I was really impressed at how the plumber handled the situation about the plumbing system too. He went the extra mile. He looked at the history and he found out about the pre-existing condition. Had he not done that, we'd be going around in circles trying to figure out what happened. It saved us a lot of costs going back and forth. It was deemed as an unwarrantable item, so I couldn't fix it myself without having to call Super Home again and get charged with the $75. It's also good that Super Home took good notes on each claim, so at least they had a history to show and to at least give any feedback if there were any cases or issues to arise in the future.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

Super Home's service has been amazing. I'm a single parent and I'm on duty at work full time. My life is stressful as it is. The first time I had to call them, my refrigerator compressor went out, my dryer went out, and my solar panels went out within like 10 hours span. One by one by one. It was a nightmare. My son and I went grocery shopping, put the food in the fridge and went to sleep. I woke up and lost all the food I just bought and the food that was already in the fridge. It was about $500 worth of food. It was bad. Super Home was able to send someone out almost immediately to fix that. The only unfortunate part is the person that they sent out within 48 hours couldn't do anything because it was under an LG manufacturer warranty. But it was still nice.

The following week, my AC went out and Super Home had submitted it as emergency. Unfortunately it was also on a holiday weekend but everything was understandable. I never felt like they weren't taking care of me. The most recent time was my water heater went out. It's Arizona so it's not too bad to have lukewarm water. It's probably hot when you first turn it on but it was nice that they still sent someone out immediately.

I love Super Home. I'm trying to move to Washington and I was gonna sell my house and buy a new house but I wanna keep them. I have also recommended them to people who are buying houses. I have airmen that rent and it would be nice if they have some sort of coverage. But if multiple things happened on one call when you're calling for a claim, it's just one fee. It's not $75 per thing which is awesome. I pay $52 because that was what the price was when I got it. But now, it's $45. It's not bad and it covers so much like electrical, piping, dishwasher, garbage disposal, fridge, range, microwave, washer and dryer and AC. That's just their small price and that's common because most people don't need more things. The next price up, it covers more like the roofing. It's nice that Super Home is something so affordable. It's been so helpful a total of three times and I've had my house for two years. All the people that they've sent are friendly.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

I've been a real estate broker for 20 years and I own a number of rental properties. When we sell homes to our clients, we always advise that they get a home warranty just in the event that something goes wrong. Being I've got stable rental properties that I personally own, having a warranty is a way to cover my back with tenants' needs, like when the air conditioning goes out or there are plumbing stoppages. I've always had a home warranty on my properties as well. Super Home has a better price and better coverage than other companies. Submitting a claim has been very easy. Online, I can just click from wherever I'm at on my phone, and I could submit a claim and a request.

The contractors have been very responsive and very professional, much better than the contractors dispatched by other companies, as far as getting work done efficiently, getting it scheduled efficiently, getting it completed efficiently and solving the problem. However, getting any response when you've got a problem or there's a follow-up and they need to order parts, I don't get return phone calls, nobody ever gets back to me. It took us three weeks to get a claim finalized because the contractor needed the authorization to get parts. They couldn't get anybody at Super to get on that.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

I heard Super Home wasn't terrible. I called, they asked me a bunch of questions, and I answered. And then, they took my credit card, and that was the end of it. It was easy. The website is great.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I was satisfied with the options that were offered to me by Super Home. We put in a claim for a plumbing issue. I did it on the mobile app and then got a confirmation. The contractor contacted us and scheduled the time. It went smoothly.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

I ended up calling Super Home because we didn't have some of the pieces for the water leak outside. They said they don't cover that. But when I needed help, they were helpful.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

I've always had good experiences with Super Home for clients so I used them for myself. I have two policies with them. One for the house I live in and one for an investment property, and I've had them come out for both. The techs were all great. They came out on time. They did exactly what they said they would do. There weren't any surprises, so I was very happy.

But the few times I had to call in to follow up, which is fine, but I get disconnected all the time after being on hold for a long time, and they never call back. I always get to call and end up with a new person and have to explain the whole thing over again. And when you’ve been on hold for 40 minutes, it's frustrating to have to start over. So now when I call, the first thing I say to them is, “Please write down my phone number. If we get disconnected.” Then they call back. Other than that, I've had good service.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

When I first bought my house, I was with a different home warranty company. I became a realtor and Super was one of the home warranty companies that was on the list of different home warranty companies that we would send to our clients. My broker vouched for them too. My clients were always asking me for different options for home warranties and I would send them about four or five of them. About 80% of the time, they would select Super because they like the price and the package. When I went to renew my home warranty, I decided to go with them.

I don't like Super at all anymore. They sent somebody out for my dishwasher and my garbage disposal. One guy came out, looked at my dishwasher and said, “Okay. That's all this is right here.” I asked, “Are you not the same person that's going to look at my garbage disposal?" He asked the model number for my garbage disposal and said, “I got it. I'll take care of this. When I order the part for the dishwasher, I'll order the part for the garbage disposal as well. Call Super. Let them know that I basically took care of both of them and I'm going to submit the request for both.”

I ended up doing that and this guy ended up getting sick. They ended up having to reschedule somebody coming out to fix my dishwasher, which I was fine with. But when the guy came out, I was thinking he was coming back with the part because somebody had already come out and identified what was wrong with my dishwasher. But the guy didn't even know what was going on with my dishwasher/garbage disposal. He looked at my dishwasher and said, "This is what's wrong with it.” I said, “I know what’s wrong with it. I thought you were coming back with the part that's wrong with my dishwasher.” He said, “No. They just gave me the work order to come out here to see.” I ended up calling Super and expressed it to them. They apologized for the confusion but no one has ever come back to fix my dishwasher. I ended up calling a handyman that I know. He came out and ended up fixing my dishwasher and my garbage disposal.

My HVAC went out and they sent out an HVAC guy. The HVAC guy came out and said, “This is what’s wrong with your AC.” They were gonna order the part, but it was over the weekend. They said it probably wouldn’t happen until earlier the next week. It was in the middle of the summer so I spent a whole week at a hotel. Finally, they called me and said, “We have the part. We can be there on this day.” I was super excited. He came with the part and installed it. Before he left, he was outside for 30 minutes doing paperwork. I went and caught him. I said, “I don't feel anything.” He said, “It should take a few hours for it to cool up.” I said, “Okay. But I don’t feel anything coming from the vents. I usually feel something almost immediately.” He said it would cool. 2, 3, 4 o’clock in the morning, it was not cooling.

The next day, I called them. I told them nothing was changing on my temperature. The guy that answered the phone asked me to check something. I went outside, and apparently, the guy that went out there forgot to turn something back on on the outside unit. I sent him a picture of what he wanted me to send him. He asked me to turn that on so I did and it started. A week later, something else happened. My secondary line was dripping really bad outside. I called them and it was a few days before they were going to be able to come out. I had that same handyguy go and move the secondary line a little bit away from my door because every time you walked out, it was dripping right on you.

The AC guy finally came. It was the same freaking guy that did my AC that I had the issue with the previous time. He went up there and started to look at some stuff. He said, "This is what’s wrong with it. We don’t cover this so it’s gonna be this much extra to fix it.” At that point, I didn’t care. I didn’t want it leaking and I needed it done so I told him I'd pay that extra which was between 200 and 300 dollars. He said they had to order the part and all I got was a notification saying Super does not cover it. I had to get it on my own. I ended up calling another HVAC company. They came out within 15 minutes. Whatever it was, they didn’t need an additional part. One of the little PVC pipes had a crack on it. The guy glued it and it was fixed within 15 minutes.

I don’t plan on renewing with Super and I will not recommend them ever again. Other stuff has happened but I’ve never called Super again. It’s disappointing. Had it only been the HVAC people, I would have understood it. But then, whoever that guy was that came to do my dishwasher never inputted the information into the Super portal so Super could know what part I needed. Whenever they do bring a company on, I don't know if there's any homework being done on these companies to make them part of the network.

Super Home Inc. Company Information