3.6/5 (107 ratings)

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

About Super Home Inc.

Super is a subscription-based home service contract company that offers coverage for appliances and other home system breakdowns. With Super, you can easily file for claims by using your computer or phone and work with a local repair service.

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans partners near you

Pros

• Pay a monthly or yearly fee
    • Covers nine main home systems
    • Offers maintenance reminders

Cons

• Limited availability nationwide
    • Limited coverage offers

Bottom Line

Super is a home service coverage provider available in select cities across the U.S. Its coverage is subscription based and covers nine common appliances and systems with additional services available.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

View Plans

What is Super?

Super provides home service contracts that are subscription based and cover common issues and appliances in your home. Super operates as a concierge service — when you request service, Super dispatches a qualified repair provider in your area. Currently, Super’s subscription warranty services are only available in select cities or territories, including:

• Phoenix, Arizona
    • Baltimore, Maryland
    • Washington, D.C.
    • Chicago, Illinois
    • Austin, Texas
    • Dallas, Texas
    • Houston, Texas
    • San Antonio, Texas

To apply for Super’s home repair subscription, visit its website and click the “Start Membership” button. From there, you’ll provide Super with details about your current property, including the square footage and location.

You can request Super’s services as soon as you’re approved to join its program, but Super won’t actually cover services until 15 days after you sign up unless your home qualifies for buyer’s coverage. There’s no cap on the number of appointments you can schedule each year with Super, and the company provides coverage for unknown preexisting conditions in your home.

Super home coverage plans

Super has three coverage plans: Secure, Signature and Luxe. All three plans offer base coverage of these nine appliances/systems:

• Air conditioning system
    • Water heater
    • Garage door openers
    • Ceiling fans and central vacuum
    • Sprinkler system and timer

Each plan offers varying levels of coverage based on your needs and the level of services you want:

• Secure coverage offers basic coverage for the nine most common home appliances and systems, maintenance services and reminders.
    • Signature coverage offers basic coverage for nine most common home appliances and systems, maintenance services, reminders and Super’s "It’s Covered" upgrade, which provides more specialized coverage.
    • Luxe coverage offers the highest level of coverage for many home appliances and systems, maintenance services, reminders and Super’s "It’s Covered" upgrade.

All of Super’s coverage plans have a $30,000 aggregate limit each year, after which you won’t receive reimbursement for coverage.

Super prices

Super’s coverage costs vary depending on where you live, your home’s size and the amount of coverage you want. For example, if you own a home in Texas that’s less than 5,000 square feet, the pricing for each of Super’s plans as of the time of publishing would be around:

• Secure: $47 a month ($529 a year)
    • Signature: $72 a month ($829 a year)
    • Luxe: $107 a month ($1,249 a year)

Super Home Inc FAQ

Where is Super available?
    Super is available in eight cities across the country as of the time of publishing:
    • Phoenix, Arizona
    • Baltimore, Maryland
    • Washington, D.C.
    • Chicago, Illinois
    • Austin, Texas
    • Dallas, Texas
    • Houston, Texas
    • San Antonio, Texas
    What does Super home warranty cover?
    Super offers three plans with different levels of coverage, but all of its plans cover at least the following appliances/systems:
    • Air conditioning system
    • Water heater
    • Garage door openers
    • Ceiling fans and central vacuum
    • Sprinkler system and timer
    Is there a waiting period for Super?
    You can use Super’s concierge system to find a repair company as soon as you join, but Super won’t actually cover your repairs until 15 days after you sign up for coverage.
    Will Super home warranty replace my AC?
    Super will repair your air conditioner, but a full replacement may need to be discussed with a company representative.

Is Super home coverage worth it?

Super’s home service plans are a viable option for homeowners interested in subscription-style coverage. The company offers a variety of plans with different levels of coverage, so most homeowners will be able to find a subscription that matches their needs. While its availability is currently limited to select cities, Super is worth looking into if you live in a serviceable area.

Super Home Inc. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Home Inc.?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Home Inc.?

Original review: March 6, 2022

Super Home sent me a thing saying that the warranty was expiring and if I wanted to renew it, I could. And they had different plans. I chose a different plan. I was going to renew it and I didn't know the process wasn't easy. Their website is not easy to use. When I went to choose it, then if everything isn't exactly right, it kicks you back to the very beginning again. And when I went to pay, I missed some information. And it was just too much so, I said, “Forget it. I'll do it later.” And I never went back to do it that I knew of but it renewed on its own. The other day, I got a receipt from Super and they renewed the program. It seems to me it's one of those things that renews on its own unless you cancel it, which I did not know. And if I didn't want it again, I would have been upset about it.

Super Home was quick to respond. You can set the appointment up online. I emailed Super and told them what I needed to have done, I paid a $75 deductible, and they do everything. It was the easiest thing ever. I don't know why I put off doing it for so long. I had an electrical contractor for my HVAC unit because the breaker was popping. And they said, “No, it's not the electricity, it's the air conditioning unit.” So, they set up somebody for the air conditioning people to come out, and they came out and fixed it. I also had my dishwasher fixed a month ago. It was great. The people that came out were friendly and helpful. Call Super Home and they have a plan that fits whatever budget you want to take advantage of.

Super Home Inc. response

Robin - Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your experience. We sincerely apologize for the trouble you experienced with selecting your plan on our website. As a tech company, it's our goal to prevent self service options that are user friendly. We will pass this feedback along to ensure this issue does not occur again in the future. Should you have any future questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to give us a call.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 5, 2022

Top Notch Plumbing came out to do a sprinkler system repair. I paid my $85 for Super to go ahead and do the repair because they’re supposed to be a home care warranty. Then the third party that they hired out charged me another $225, so it wasn't fully covered as it stated. I ended up paying $85 and then whatever I pay monthly, and then on top of that, the 225. I felt a little cheated. The technicians seemed a little shady because I've had them called out, and then they ask for extra money after the fact when it should have been covered by Super. The job was done properly though.

I enjoy Super, but I would recommend other people to go with First American Home Warranty. I would go with someone totally different. Super do get people out here in a timely manner. I have them for three years now for a contract and I'm going to use them up but I'm going to go ahead and start taking notes on which contractor I enjoy working with and that does not screw me over.

Another issue I have with Super is they do not help with maintenance on things like my water heater. I have a tankless water heater. They would rather wait until the tankless water heater goes completely out before coming and maintaining it because things like that require yearly maintenance. If they were to just come out and get a technician to do the yearly maintenance, it would save both the homeowner and Super a lot of money because, eventually, they're gonna have to replace the whole tankless system. I don't understand why they wouldn't help the consumers with maintenance and they would wait until it becomes the biggest issue ever and then have to go about it on that route. It leaves the customer without a properly working home for a longer amount of time.

Super Home Inc. response

Aimee - Thank you for providing this insight into your claim. We sincerely apologize for your experience. We have escalated your concerns to our Executive Escalations team for review and we will be in contact with you to discuss your claim further.

Original review: March 4, 2022

I recently had a claim for my water heater and the contractor did a really good job installing it. But I was a little frustrated it took over a week to get the equipment in and have it installed. I had a 65-gallon tank and they don't make that anymore so I had to go with a 75. I was told that there was an additional charge and I told them I was okay with that. But then they kept saying they'll expedite it. It sounded like since they're in the main offices, they ain't gonna try and reach Sally who is the only one that can rubber stamp something, and either she's out or busy and they have to wait till she gets back. As soon as whoever showed up said okay, the plumbing company got the okay to do it. Then they had to wait about four days past that for the equipment to come in, then they came and installed it. But other than that, Super Home has been responsive. The people are very friendly when you call them. They seem polite.

I like that you can just call somebody at Super Home and one and done. You don't have to guess who to call if something breaks at your house. Also, I like my general rep lady for my area. She's really nice and responsive. But Super Home's price is a little weird. They charged me double the price for their service because of the square footage of my house. Even though it's a big house, it's not like I have extra water heaters or air conditioners. For instance, I have a commercial freezer and they charged me extra on top of the double pay for that. I have a couple of things that aren't standard and they are charging me extra for those. That makes sense. But it's strange to charge me more when, even though it's a big house, it's the same amount of appliances that would break in a smaller house.

Super Home Inc. response

Vania - We are sorry to hear that you were satisfied with the claim resolution time. Regrettably, items such as water heaters are unable to be kept on hand and must be ordered as needed. We are happy that the issue has been resolved and thank you for your feedback.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

I've had Super Home now for many years. In the other house that we first had it on, there were a lot of issues and we had to use the policy quite a bit. They fought me on several policy provisions that were clearly covered and they denied the claim. I had to escalate it to their COO and when pushed, they did the right thing. They didn't cover it all but they covered the majority of it, which I thought was frustrating at the time but probably fair.

Since then, they've done everything fairly so when we bought this new house and it was new construction, I bought Super again. We've used it several times and every time we used it, they're very good and prompt. But we had a refrigerator issue where the door opener and one of the LED light drivers were broken and I thought that was straightforward but they denied that claim. I ended up having to escalate that one to the CEO, who has a special customer advocacy team, and when they looked into it, they ended up covering it.

When pushed, they do the right thing but I felt that that was really unnecessary. It shouldn't have had to come to that. But I've recommended them, even during that time, and my advice to the people I recommended Super to is always the same. For the things that are clearly under the policy, they're going to be blown away as to how easy it is but for some things, they may have to strongly advocate that those things are covered.

Also, during the resolution of my latest claim, there seemed to be a lack of coordination. They contacted me several times for a variety of reasons that seemed silly and asinine and they weren't talking to each other behind the scenes. There was this guy, Shane, and every time I talked to him, he was polite but he seemed one or two steps in the process behind. He was very confused about the process but he was so structured when he talked about it that he was almost careful about what he said. He was way off base every time he talked and it was just simply because he couldn’t sort of keep up with the pace of decisions that are being made.

Super has also changed their policies and coverages. We had a generator and it was covered at one point but then quietly, they sort of changed their policy and now, the generator is not covered. Communication about what is not being covered and the changes to those policies is not that great. I don’t even know if they had a grandfather clause for older customers, but some sort of structured approach -- how and why they change coverages year to year -- is really important.

Super Home Inc. response

Hi Justin, Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We are sorry to hear your initial claim experience with our service wasn't so pleasant. We are however, happy to hear your last claims turned out positive and changed the perception of what Super aspires to bring, which is exceptional customer service from our staff and servicer providers. We look forward to continue providing a great experience for any future claims you may have.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

We had to get our outlets replaced. They were wired in such a way that our inspection showed them as wired correctly. When the electrician popped the box out for an unrelated reason, he realized they were not, in fact, wired correctly. He ended up putting in GFCI outlets, which are safe without requiring the ground. However, Super Home didn't cover any of it because it was a wiring issue. I told them that electrical is covered in the policy. They said yes, but that is only when it's insufficient capacity or overload. I was like, “Well, it's not that we're overloading the circuit. And it's not that we have insufficient power. It's that they're not grounded.” They said that it didn't count. But that didn't make sense. Then they changed strategies.

They said it didn't count because it was a prior repair. I told them that we haven't repaired anything and that this is the condition we bought the house in. The whole point of a home warranty is you get what you get, and then you put a warranty on what you get. They should cover anything that breaks after what you get. It was obviously not a known preexisting condition because their electrician found it while he was here. They went through the entire terms and conditions. At one point, I asked them how are they defining capacity, because it doesn't seem to me, in my understanding of the word "capacity", to be a capacity problem. They looked up the definition of that word and told me, “The definition of capacity is XYZ.” They were reading it off the internet and then they got halfway through. It was funny because I told them that the definition of capacity isn't what they were saying.

At the end of the day, they said that we could say whatever we want, but they would not cover it. I told them that's the word in the contract we signed so the word in the contract matters. They still insisted that they would not cover it. But it was absurd to have someone say the terms in our terms and conditions don't matter. I am not usually this litigious of a person, but I was a little bit frustrated and thought they were a little bit nickel-and-diming me, so I was going to nickel-and-dime them back to a certain extent.

We got the guys out to do all of them, except three, which needed additional work. Then they went MIA and stopped returning my phone calls. I reached out to the electrician directly and asked to come finish the work four weeks later. They just came out last week and finished it. I haven't received the bill yet. Since we prepaid it all with Super, I'm hoping I won't receive a bill for the last three outlets. But they'll be hearing from me if I do. However, it was just this one time that was really mishandled. We've had several claims because it's an older home and Super has been pretty good with most of them.

Super Home Inc. response

Hi Bailey! We appreciate your feedback - it helps us to make Super better, every day. We are grateful you let us help you care for your home. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you with your home.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

As part of our recent home purchase we required the seller to purchase the top of the line plan (“buyers coverage”) since the weather was still too cold to test the AC. We replaced all the appliances and remodeled so the only thing we needed covered was the AC. And of course SUPER denied the claim stating that we were in cahoots with the seller and that we had to have known it didn’t work!!!! Seriously???? We didn’t know the sellers (8M people in Chicago) much less engage in a fraud. These are serious accusations considering our realtors would have had to be in on the fraud!! We are now suing them. Cost of repair $6k.

Super Home Inc. response

Hi Christopher, we're sorry for any frustration and that we were unable to meet or exceed expectations for your claim. Our team is dedicated to providing exceptional customer service and fully understand how important our assistance is for your home care needs. Our customer care team will remain an available resource for any future questions or concerns you may have.

Original review: July 28, 2022

Do not purchase a Super Home Warranty!!!! We have been without A/C for 30 days and the unit needs replaced. They are not replacing and using so many stall tactics. Worst company ever. I am a realtor and our company is contracted with Super. I will never recommend to my clients because of their very poor service.

Original review: July 22, 2022

These people are joke! They take your money and don’t fix anything. I’ve been waiting over 24 hours for an appointment to fix an electrical issue. They don’t care and the service is unacceptable. RUN!

Super Home Inc. response

Hello Natasha, We're sorry for any frustration and that we were unable to meet or exceed expectations for your electrical claim. Our team is dedicated to providing exceptional customer service and fully understand how important our assistance is for your home care needs. Our customer care team will remain an available resource for any questions you may have and will review your claim.

Original review: July 14, 2022

I should start by saying g I am a real estate professional who has recommended Super to my clients. I WAS an advocate for them until it because clear they do not advocate for their clients. I have a Samsung fridge claim that has been going on for two years. Over 7 people have tried to fix but can’t. Samsung finally says the fridge is unrepairable. Even though super kept saying they just needed confirmation that it is unrepairable before they will replace it. I finally get that and now Super will not replace this even though they acknowledge it isn't working they will not honor their promise or responsibility.

The “escalation” rep (Reneasha) will talk over you, misrepresent the truth, and when the narrative suits Super, is willing to accept “chat” logs from Samsung to deny the claim but will not accept them to approve the claim. I ask her over and over to asked procurement specific questions and she plainly refuses to do so instead suggesting I could be lying about the documentation I have provided. I ask to be transferred to a different rep because I feel she has made it personal because I caught her in the “misrepresentations”.

They box you into a corner by requiring a letterhead from Samsung even though every rep I speak to at Samsung says they do not provide such evidence. I offer to get on a joint call so they can hear what I am hearing but they deny this request because they seem to just want me to go away. Reneasha, the escalation rep (great title for her) twice suggested I pursue legal action with them even though I never even hinted at doing so. I am disgusted that I ever recommended this company to my clients.

Original review: June 23, 2022

Absolutely horrific. Submitted a claim for AC 4+ weeks ago and is not even close to resolved, even though it has been 95 degrees here with no air conditioning. They are refusing to cover repairs even though coverage terms clearly state that this is covered. CANNOT get a call back from management even though I submitted multiple requests to have this escalated over the last 2 weeks. They state 36-48 "business" hours for call back (what?!?!). It's now been 80 "business" hours, no call back.

Super Home Inc. Company Information