2. Homeowners
  3. Home Warranties

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.97/5

Super is a subscription-based home service contract company that offers coverage for appliances and other home system breakdowns. With Super, you can easily file for claims by using your computer or phone and work with a local repair service.

BOTTOM LINE

Super is a home service coverage provider available in select cities across the U.S. Its coverage is subscription based and covers nine common appliances and systems with additional services available.

PROS

• Pay a monthly or yearly fee
  • Covers nine main home systems
  • Offers maintenance reminders

CONS

• Limited availability nationwide
  • Limited coverage offers

What is Super?

Super provides home service contracts that are subscription based and cover common issues and appliances in your home. Super operates as a concierge service — when you request service, Super dispatches a qualified repair provider in your area. Currently, Super’s subscription warranty services are only available in select cities or territories, including:

• Phoenix, Arizona
  • Baltimore, Maryland
  • Washington, D.C.
  • Chicago, Illinois
  • Austin, Texas
  • Dallas, Texas
  • Houston, Texas
  • San Antonio, Texas

To apply for Super’s home repair subscription, visit its website and click the “Start Membership” button. From there, you’ll provide Super with details about your current property, including the square footage and location.

You can request Super’s services as soon as you’re approved to join its program, but Super won’t actually cover services until 15 days after you sign up unless your home qualifies for buyer’s coverage. There’s no cap on the number of appointments you can schedule each year with Super, and the company provides coverage for unknown preexisting conditions in your home.

Super home coverage plans

Super has three coverage plans: Secure, Signature and Luxe. All three plans offer base coverage of these nine appliances/systems:

• Air conditioning system
  • Water heater
  • Garage door openers
  • Ceiling fans and central vacuum
  • Sprinkler system and timer

Each plan offers varying levels of coverage based on your needs and the level of services you want:

• Secure coverage offers basic coverage for the nine most common home appliances and systems, maintenance services and reminders.
  • Signature coverage offers basic coverage for nine most common home appliances and systems, maintenance services, reminders and Super’s "It’s Covered" upgrade, which provides more specialized coverage.
  • Luxe coverage offers the highest level of coverage for many home appliances and systems, maintenance services, reminders and Super’s "It’s Covered" upgrade.

All of Super’s coverage plans have a $30,000 aggregate limit each year, after which you won’t receive reimbursement for coverage.

Super prices

Super’s coverage costs vary depending on where you live, your home’s size and the amount of coverage you want. For example, if you own a home in Texas that’s less than 5,000 square feet, the pricing for each of Super’s plans as of the time of publishing would be around:

• Secure: $47 a month ($529 a year)
  • Signature: $72 a month ($829 a year)
  • Luxe: $107 a month ($1,249 a year)

Super Home Inc FAQ

Where is Super available?
Super is available in eight cities across the country as of the time of publishing:
  • Phoenix, Arizona
  • Baltimore, Maryland
  • Washington, D.C.
  • Chicago, Illinois
  • Austin, Texas
  • Dallas, Texas
  • Houston, Texas
  • San Antonio, Texas
What does Super home warranty cover?
Super offers three plans with different levels of coverage, but all of its plans cover at least the following appliances/systems:
  • Air conditioning system
  • Water heater
  • Garage door openers
  • Ceiling fans and central vacuum
  • Sprinkler system and timer
Is there a waiting period for Super?
You can use Super’s concierge system to find a repair company as soon as you join, but Super won’t actually cover your repairs until 15 days after you sign up for coverage.
Will Super home warranty replace my AC?
Super will repair your air conditioner, but a full replacement may need to be discussed with a company representative.

Is Super home coverage worth it?

Super’s home service plans are a viable option for homeowners interested in subscription-style coverage. The company offers a variety of plans with different levels of coverage, so most homeowners will be able to find a subscription that matches their needs. While its availability is currently limited to select cities, Super is worth looking into if you live in a serviceable area.

Super Home Inc. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Home Inc.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Home Inc.?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

My company found Super Home and then suggested that we use them. Morgan is my rep and she's amazing. She's really on top of it and knows a lot. She's also been very responsive, which is very refreshing. Obviously, their management team is highly trained and highly skilled. They provided great service for my clients. But the customer service people are a hit or miss. Some aren’t very well-versed and have given wrong information about policies and whatnot. But some are great. It's just not consistent. They're just not there. That's frustrating because they're the ones that my clients, who I refer them to, see as a primary point of contact.

If I could recommend one more thing, as far as the customer service goes, they should also have two kinds. I have a Super Home warranty, things like that. But then also, I have them for clients that I have a seller version for people that are gonna be selling their homes. They need their own type of customer service people separate from the regular public that calls them because the type of service and warranty that they have is different than all the others. It's more specific. When my seller clients are calling customer service direct, the customer service people don't know the difference. They almost may need their own dedicated line for these types of clients. It cannot be the same as just someone who went on the website or got their info from somebody else.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

The project is still not done and I am a little bit surprised with certain things. My understanding when I was buying the home warranty was that more things are covered or the service is faster. But it seems like these days, everything is blamed on COVID. I'm a broker and I don't believe it. I work with contractors every day. Recently, we had to hire a different company for a yearly clean on the furnace. We already paid for the service of the furnace and air conditioning in the spring. It also seemed like we had some issue with the furnace. It stopped working and the terminal started with a bad connection. I told Super Home we would like to schedule a cleaning but the rep said due to the COVID, they don't provide that service anymore.

The people who came in did a good job. We had a problem with the faucet and that guy was beyond amazing. The last person I talked to was a guy who was extremely nice. I thanked him 10 times because I appreciated his politeness. The person I talked to before was a woman and she was really mad. I'm in customer service too. Even if I have a bad day, you shut up and you just do whatever to make client happy. It seems like the person was working from the house and it was not very helpful or polite. But I will recommend Super Home. I always like to give companies or people second chance ‘cause most were good experiences. 92% I'm happy, 8% it’s kinda of like a cloudy vibe.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

We are not fix-it types. We don't have the know-how or patience so in buying a house, we had to have a home warranty. Super Home was the best at taking care of the problem and not like nickel-and-diming you to death when I did a lot of research on home warranties. People didn't have to fight to get things taken care of with them. There were a lot of people I knew who had horror stories with other home warranties where they paid and didn't get anything out of it. And they fought their warranty company every time they needed something fixed. Also, My realtor had suggested Super Home.

I filled out the form online and then somebody called me. This was about two years ago. The rep walked me through and I was able to really easily add on things because I wanted to make sure that my pool pump and things like that were covered. That was an extra charge but that made sense to me since not everybody would have a pool and pools would be expensive. It was also nice that I could get my water softener covered at an extra charge 'cause that'd be another thing that not every household would have. I didn't know anything about water softeners, so I'd be in trouble if it were to break.

The house that we moved into was previously a VRBO. This is our first house. We moved from an apartment so we weren't coming into it with a bunch of appliances. So we really needed a place that already had everything. The house had an old-fashioned stackable washer and dryer in there. It was never my plan to keep that stackable. It was not big enough for us. But I thought it'd get us through the first couple of months until I could get something better.

A week after we moved in, I realized that the stackable was broken. The transmission had gone out in it and it was getting transmission fluid all over our clothes. On the night I put in the claim with Super Home, they sent somebody out. The claim guy said it was not fixable. It would cost more to fix the transmission in that thing than it would to just replace it. Then the next day, Super gave me $1,500 and to buy whatever I wanted with it. Then it happened to be just enough money that I was able to buy a full-size washer and dryer with that money. So my first experience with them was quite pleasant because I was expecting to have to replace that thing on my own.

Super Home doesn't seem to be a company that's just out to get your money and not give you anything back in return. It's well worth it. Since we've been in the house, I had two toilets where they were constantly running. If it were just an old-fashioned flapper, I could change that. But they were the complicated Kohler ones, and so I had to have somebody come out twice and fix each one of my toilets. I also had a shower where the water wouldn't stop running because the cartridge broke in the faucet and the guy that came out fixed it and replaced the whole faucet for me. He could've just hooked my old faucet back on, but he fixed it all for me. All the people that Super Home has sent out have been really super nice. I've never had a problem with the contractor and with their billing. I would totally use them again and I recommended them to a lot of people.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

All in all, I like the scheduling system. It's very easy and effective. It asks for two appointment options and they usually show up when you need them to. They are very quick at responding as well. Realistically though, it's not gonna be perfect all the time. We’d get some issues, but the most important thing is the way they handle it. That's what I like about Super Home. The last time was very to the point and efficient in solving problems. I only did one call and the guy figured it out and took care of it. I've had experiences where we had to go back and forth with other companies.

This is my second year and I'm happy with Super Home, especially with the last warranty call that I had where I got my call fee reversed. I called for a plumber and I wasn't informed the last one that I called him, it was something that had to be fixed because it's not covered by the warranty. Without knowing it, I called it and explained to the rep from Super, and he was able to reverse the fee. He told me that, “I processed it. I can't give you an answer right now because I have to bring it up to management. But if you don't hear from me, you'll definitely get an email if you got the refund or not.” A couple of days later, I got the email that it was refunded. They got to the bottom of it and got the issue fixed.

I was really impressed at how the plumber handled the situation about the plumbing system too. He went the extra mile. He looked at the history and he found out about the pre-existing condition. Had he not done that, we'd be going around in circles trying to figure out what happened. It saved us a lot of costs going back and forth. It was deemed as an unwarrantable item, so I couldn't fix it myself without having to call Super Home again and get charged with the $75. It's also good that Super Home took good notes on each claim, so at least they had a history to show and to at least give any feedback if there were any cases or issues to arise in the future.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

Super Home's service has been amazing. I'm a single parent and I'm on duty at work full time. My life is stressful as it is. The first time I had to call them, my refrigerator compressor went out, my dryer went out, and my solar panels went out within like 10 hours span. One by one by one. It was a nightmare. My son and I went grocery shopping, put the food in the fridge and went to sleep. I woke up and lost all the food I just bought and the food that was already in the fridge. It was about $500 worth of food. It was bad. Super Home was able to send someone out almost immediately to fix that. The only unfortunate part is the person that they sent out within 48 hours couldn't do anything because it was under an LG manufacturer warranty. But it was still nice.

The following week, my AC went out and Super Home had submitted it as emergency. Unfortunately it was also on a holiday weekend but everything was understandable. I never felt like they weren't taking care of me. The most recent time was my water heater went out. It's Arizona so it's not too bad to have lukewarm water. It's probably hot when you first turn it on but it was nice that they still sent someone out immediately.

I love Super Home. I'm trying to move to Washington and I was gonna sell my house and buy a new house but I wanna keep them. I have also recommended them to people who are buying houses. I have airmen that rent and it would be nice if they have some sort of coverage. But if multiple things happened on one call when you're calling for a claim, it's just one fee. It's not $75 per thing which is awesome. I pay $52 because that was what the price was when I got it. But now, it's $45. It's not bad and it covers so much like electrical, piping, dishwasher, garbage disposal, fridge, range, microwave, washer and dryer and AC. That's just their small price and that's common because most people don't need more things. The next price up, it covers more like the roofing. It's nice that Super Home is something so affordable. It's been so helpful a total of three times and I've had my house for two years. All the people that they've sent are friendly.

Original review: March 31, 2021

The application for this warranty is quite easy, but the service sometimes is not the best. The follow-up with some of the persons that are working for Super can be improved. We have been dealing with the washing machine for almost two months and the issue is still not solved. We have two different technicians. I had five visits from one technician. Then I had two different visits from a second technician. Still, it is not working properly. I would like some answer from Super at some point saying they cannot sort out this issue or they cannot get a solution and that they recommend buying a new appliance. Having in the middle of a pandemic, people coming on frequent basis to my apartment with my wife pregnant is not the best situation.

The second issue is with the ability of a technician, you need to call and make an appointment. The second technician just sent me an SMS saying he's around and if I have time for him to come. I have to stop everything I’m doing on my job just to let him into the apartment and wait for him until he's finished. If I don’t pay attention to what he's doing, the probability this is coming back in five days is closer to one. They need to be more careful with their clients’ time. I’m a very busy person and I work long hours. Then this person just shows up whenever he wants. Also, this second technician always had some problem parking close to our apartment.

Original review: March 29, 2021

If you have a choice between using Super or setting your money on fire, set it on fire. We had an issue that persisted through multiple years and contractors with Super regarding our HVAC system. Their contractors would basically tell us the system was trash and didn't work efficiently and would need replaced but Super wouldn't do anything unless it was basically on fire (though that's not covered either). They would make band-aid fixes which they said probably would not fix the overall problem. They were correct and finally this year the tech said the blower and heat pump weren't compatible something I feel should have been covered during one of the multiple other visits. This of course is NOT covered by Super! So 3 years of Super, half a dozen or so visits by their tech contractors, and we are finally told the system will never work right AND probably never has and saddled with replacing the system ourselves! Complete garbage!

Original review: March 25, 2021

I booked six different appointments with six different vendors and they said that all my issues were preexisting conditions so I ended up having to pay $75 for a lot of that. That was kind of a bummer. Other than that, I liked everything. Super Home also offered a concierge service through which I can have someone come in and install ceiling fans, do carpet cleaning or rekey my front door. They gave me a credit for that. It was really nice as those are items someone would wanna do when they move in. The offer gives a big discount on those services.

Original review: March 20, 2021

I heard that Super Home Inc. was responsive and that they were quick to get you the systems that you needed. I applied with them and the process was fairly easy. So far, my experience with them has been good and I haven't had any issues. But I was not aware that when there was going to be a premium afterwards. So the plan itself is the price that they've showed on the plan packages and I wasn't aware that anything that's covered under your plan, you still have to pay an additional $75 each time you set something up. That is a little frustrating because I would have liked to know that that was going to be the case beforehand as I would have thought twice about signing up.

Super Home Inc. response

Thanks, N! We are so happy that you let us help you care for your home.

Original review: March 16, 2021

The contractors that have come are okay. They get their job done. The best one was the locksmith. I just had one electrician that did a horrible job. He left my attic in there and said he was gonna come back. Anytime I called him, he never picked up after that. Overall, Super Home is a pretty good option.

Super Home Inc. Company Information