4.3/5 (887 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Select Home Warranty

Select Home Warranty offers three home warranty plans. You can choose to cover systems, appliances or both at a single-family home, rental property, manufactured home, mobile home or condo. Contracts are renewable each year, with discounts available for multiple-year coverage. Claims service from Select Home Warranty is available 24/7.

Pros

• Discounts available
  • 30-day trial period
  • 24/7 claims number

Cons

• Not available nationwide
  • Some claims denied

Bottom Line

Select Home Warranty offers three plan options for coverage. It works with a large network of local repair professionals. Coverage limits are lower than some other companies, but the company also charges less per month.

Select Home Warranty Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2013

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Home Warranty?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Select Home Warranty?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

Very satisfied. Transaction took less than 5 minutes. I have a hearing problem, especially on the phone but your agent made it easy to understand him. He was able and to quickly find a previous quote I had the day before that I had wanted time to consider other companies. Your plan was the best fit for me. Charles

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

I wanted to obtain a Home Warranty and after reading reviews and ratings I selected Select Home Warranty as the company I wanted to work with. It was easy to sign up, but also got a call from Tom ** to go over the purchase and some options that might benefit me. I discovered (through Tom) that there is a senior discount/military discount I never saw as options during the signup webpage. In the end I purchased a 3 year agreement, at a cheaper price per year and 6 months free. Certainly would recommend how Select Home Warranty provided the necessary info via Tom that saved me money and can be cancelled after the first year.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

Overall, I was satisfied with the eagerness of the representative and the comparative rates with another company. I was expeditiously taken through the enrolment process. There was no waste of time. I had my contract in a few minutes and promised, and no duplicate calls from the company. However, the representative seemed to be in a hurry to get me signed, which I didn't mind, but it did raise my suspicion.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

Select coordinated HVAC Specialists to repair AC unit same day of claim. We had cold air that night. Our only out of pocket expense was our discounted service fee, which covered parts and labor, much cheaper than most HVAC service fees.. Great value and service. I would recommend Select Home Warranty to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

Purchased warranty which indicated that the refrigerator was covered. Our ice maker is not working (which is obviously inside the refrigerator). Received email that it is not covered... that I need to purchase a rider but can't do that now because it's been longer than 30 days. In the email message it stated that I hope the "call" with representative was a positive one - I did not receive a "call" just an email stating that the ice maker (again, inside the refrigerator) is not covered under my policy that covers the refrigerator... confused and dissatisfied.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

Very happy I chose Select Home Warranty for my new home my wife & I just purchased! I purchased the 3 year plan and got 6 months total for free included so I’m covered for 3 1/2 years and don’t have to worry if something wrong happens in my home. Cost was cheaper than I originally thought it be and the customer service was very kind & helpful! Highly recommend!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Very good company, very easy and a great warranty, the only co. I could find to cover my roof, well, septic, pool stuff and appliances. My salesman was patient, took his time and helped me through the entire process. I would def use Select Home Warranty and give a high recommendation for any future home purchase.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I appreciated the call from a representative checking in on my new account that I set up online. But working with him I was able to get a better rate for a longer period of time. Since my brand new I have not had need to make a service call yet, I hope it will go as well as setting up the initial contract.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

This is the worst warranty company - My AC was running but not cooling the house, instead giving warm air. In hot summer times in Arizona, I was stuck with 2 kids in that warm house (in triple digit weather outside - 112degrees) waiting on their resolution for almost 8 days. Everyday they promise me to expedite the claim and get the resolution within a day. After 8 days, they sent me an email saying that issue is not covered in my warranty. They should have told me this in the first place, so I would have fixed it with other HVAC company.

Last year, they did the same with my pool motor. After 1 month, they finally told it's not covered and I changed the whole pool motor and tank with other company. But this time it's worse with the AC. I struggled a lot with my toddlers at home. This is a worst home warranty company and worst service ever. I shouldn't have trusted them so much. Their policies are so tricky - they do not cover most of the common issues on appliances. They have lots of catch.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Initial response times were good (very aggressive sales team). Terms are good. NEVER received ONE email w/ the policy or confirmation of the policy - 8 phones calls. Finally did get an email to a different email address for confirmation of my repair order (had to call to get this). Repair with vendor scheduled quickly - awesome. The requested repairs were submitted to Select 3 days ago. I called each day - no response other than 'our resolution team is reviewing' - call back.

Day 3 - no supervisor available, no further information. Hey, just call back next week. This is UNACCEPTABLE response from this company. RESOLUTION is needed within 48 hours as promised in their contract. The lack of information is unprofessional and a breach of what was signed. I'm reporting this because I am very sorry I did NOT go with American Home Shield.

The LACK OF COMMUNICATION from this company is insane. NO EMAILS - no contact unless you the customer call them. BIG mistake going with this service. I am going to request my money back and have them pay for the inconvenience of having broken air conditioning (in Texas, 99 degree heat) WITH IMPROPER AND unprofessional service.

S. **

New Customer having serious regrets about this company

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Thank you so much for your quick work in providing us a home warranty! Professional team member, Chase, called me as I was filling out the online form, and provided me ample policy options spanning five, ten or fifteen years. Incredibly knowledgeable regarding the policies available, and understood our needs as a family.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Just a day after I submitted a fridge claim to Select Home Warranty, they gave me a call to confirm my claim and appointment with the technician. The technician from A&E factory service they dispatched is very professional and patient with my questions about the fridge. He fixed the problem (fridge leaking) in 20 mins. I am happy that the Select Warranty sent the good technician that solved the fridge issue two days after I sent the claim.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

The phone call to set up the claim was very pleasant and helpful. She gave me all the information I needed, the cost of the call, that someone will reach out to us to set up an appointment for service. Service from Cyber World Electronics was good and the refrigerator is working.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I spoke with Moe to sign up for a home warranty on my primary residence and rental property. I thought I was just going to end up getting 1 year, but Moe mentioned to me that since I'm a recent homeowner if you buy a 5 year agreement you get 1 year for free! I couldn't pass up that deal, so I got 6 year warranties on both houses. They even lowered their service fee!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Very confident of my coverage of my new home. Thank you! My representative was very nice and got the job done. He was very informative and knowledgeable. He answered all my questions. I locked in a great rate. It put my mind at ease knowing my new home is covered and I didn't break the bank.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Sam ** was amazing and found every way possible to save me money and the best coverages. He even added a free coverage that I forgot to select. I would highly recommend calling Sam at Select Home Warranty. Even after I completed my purchase online, our phone call saved me more money and gave me longer coverage.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

It was an ok call. The Salesman was a bit pushy but I’m happy with the overall cost and coverage. I know most home owners insurance had a 30 day waiting period but the sales Kane didn’t say anything about it until we were hanging up. It doesn’t matter to me because I already had coverage but for home owners who don’t that should be mentioned upfront.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

The process was very quick and easy and I got a great deal. Moe was very helpful and friendly and let me do everything online because I work A LOT. Thanks Moe. No claims or services done yet, but so far I would recommend Select to anyone! I will review again if I have to make a claim, but I'm sure it will be just as quick and painless as the enrollment part was.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I was shopping for a home warranty for 2 homes. Isaac was very helpful and not pushy at all. He explained the warranty well. I have used another home warranty company in the past and had a terrible experience. I sincerely hope that I have a better experience with Select Home Warranty.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I had an informative call and the offer extended to me was very appealing. This made me decide to take the highest coverage plan and extend the length of the policy. This way I maximized what I am going to get out of my policy. I hope to have a long relationship with this company.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Just switched to SHW. There was a Labor Day promotion. And 3 years plan could be a good option if you think you would continue using home warranty. So far so good service! Heard their contractors get things done! And mostly the customer service is efficient, helpful and kind. Looking forward to the new service!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

So far the service has been great. The agent explained everything to me even and asked if I had any questions. When I asked about other programs he was more than happy to explain them also even though they were not as good of a bargain. So far I have not used the service so I can't comment on that but as soon as I do I will update.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I had a home warranty when I purchased my home but I just wasn't happy with the customer service so I called Select. They were quick to offer me fantastic rates and a discounted call fee (which is what you pay every time you need somebody to come look at your warranted property). I hope their customer service is just as good now that I've purchased their product.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I have just renewed my home warranty with Select Home Warranty company. They are very easy to deal with and always pick up the phone. I did have a service call this year and they were extremely helpful and courteous. I have an older home over 30 years so for peace of mind I like having the peace of knowing my appliances and large expenses will be covered.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

Bruce **, was they guy I had the pleasure of speaking to. He was able to give me a great deal, and help me save some money. Even though I was willing to pay month to month he was able to work things out for me that I can afford to pay it in full. Thank you for helping me and caring about what’s best for me.

Best regards

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

Very impressed with the agent who helped me buy my warranty policy. Great follow up. Look forward to working with this company. I received my warranty within minutes. When I was first approached by the agent I said I need time to review with my husband. He was very understanding and gave me the time to check out out other companies. I compared several companies and was impressed with Select Home Warranty and impressed with their customer service.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

My current home warranty was getting over in 2 days and I started reaching out for competitive quotes. When I started browsing for Select Home Warranty, I right away received a phone call. I cannot believe that the contract for the multi year was completed within 5 mins. No hassle, nothing and I right away had the contract available to my email. Also, being able to continue with the same price after 3 years is something I would have never imagined. Overall, best experience over the phone and best competitive price in the market right now.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I was able to contact SHW and spoke with a representative that was pleasant and professional. She informed me my service request would be handled within 24-48 hours. I received an email with the name of the service provider with instructions to call them to schedule an appointment. The entire process was simple and easy to navigate.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I look at other companies and their plans and cost to purchase and found that their plans did not cover all of the items I wanted cover for the price or their plans did not cover roof leakage. Select made it easy to enroll in their home warranty program and the value for the price was great.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I like the home protection Select Home Warranty offers and the affordability of their plans and their deductibles. Mr, Ray ** is both knowledgeable and helpful in conveying information about Select Home Warranties plans. I didn't feel like I was being pushed into a contract. Mr. ** didn't have any problem selling Select Home Warranty because their rating and available plans did it for him.

Select Home Warranty Company Information