Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers

Sears Washers & Dryers

3.0/5 (1398 ratings)

About Sears Washers & Dryers

Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Sears was supposed to come fix my LG dryer between 1:00 and 5:00 pm. I called around 5:00 and was told I would receive a call from the serviceman. At 5:30, 30 minutes after the latest time I was to have the serviceman, I receive a call from the over-seas call center saying the tech was stuck and would not make it. Stuff happens, ok, why did I NOT get a call after waiting 4 hours plus? I asked the lady on the phone if I could get something, anything, for paying someone to wait at my house. All she said was, "No."

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I ordered a Sears dryer because my old dryer broke down. I paid for delivery, installation and removal of the old dryer. Sears delivered the dryer and was not able to install or remove the dryer. I called customer service and they only have foreign customer service agents who do not understand you and you can not understand. I paid for an installed dryer. Also they can deliver quick but can not fix your problem quickly. Very angry.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I had a Kenmore washer repaired. Was give a window of 8 am-5 pm, tech arrived at 2:30 pm. Completed repair, I was satisfied. When I was paying he had an issue with my debit card, which had been giving me chip failure problems. I gave him another card. Both cards had the charges. I called. Was told someone would get back to me 24-48 hours, (2 days??). No one ever got back to me. Tried calling again, was disconnected twice. Still have not gotten the refund, and have waited on hold multiple times, only to eventually be disconnected. It has been 10 days, still trying to get refund.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

This will be the first rating I’ve ever given to a company. I cannot believe how horrible the delivery service is that Sears stands behind. I have been trying to get a washer delivered for over a week now and I even spent more money to find one they had in stock. I have been given five different days and times and no one has showed up. I will never deal with Sears again and I would recommend that you do not as well. I am a veteran, a responsible US citizen, and a tax paying American. I hope this helps you make your decision. Please go somewhere else.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Kenmore Series 500 is the worse washer machine I have seen from Sears. I bought one in 2014 and since that day, a technician from SEARS (under the 5 year warranty that I bought), came to fix the machine 10 times during the time from 2014 to 2019. According to Sears service, inform me that in order to replace the washer machine, parts from the machine has to be broken 4 times within 12 months. Unfortunately, they no assist to help me to replace the machine because during the year only two or three parts were broken and replaced in the period of 12 months. Years after years past and between 2014 through 2019 I never get the opportunity to have the machine replaced because only was 2 or 3 parts instead 4 parts every year were replaced and as per SEARS, have to be 4 parts during 12 months.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I called and made an appointment to have my stacking washer/dryer looked at. I was given two work order numbers. The woman said each item had to have its own but they would be looked at the same day. AND, there would be only one fee of $100 that I would pay the repairman. My appointment was made for March 1st, between 1: and 5:00 by "Remi".

When the information was relayed to Sears, and I was unaware until the repairman "Victor" arrived, the first number was listed as a work order for a stovetop range (in the laundry room). So, Victor could only work on the Washer. He determined which part he needed, called in to see why the dryer was listed as a stovetop, and verified that I would only be charged $100 once, even when the dryer/oven mistake was straightened out. New work order for dryer became **.

By the time he came back to install the washer part, it was straightened out, and he looked at the dryer and ordered a very simple part. Still, he had to come back to put it in. He was very professional always. I have a copy of the check. I've saved any notes on the activity, even my phone messages, as I was sensing this might get screwed up. As it did. Please clear this up and understand that I AM NOT paying a second $100, and you ARE NOT damaging my credit over a problem between the warranty company and Sears. I am one of those consumers that would pay an attorney $500 to straighten out a $100 injustice.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

Purchased KENMORE series 600 washing machine from Sears in February 2018. Within 6 months they had to fix something but didn’t charge me - said under warranty. It’s July 2019 and they came out, told me it’s not under warranty and some computer board is defective, wanted $694.78 or they could cut the price in half if I purchase their Home Appliance warranty Program. I’m writing to every government agency as this is a complete scam. Was told it would last for 15 years by sales. Sears is ripping America off. I will NEVER stop complaining about them to anyone. Don’t buy anything from Sears. Oh and unless you want to be jacked around for an hour don’t call. They has some nasty guy from their Mexico Repair Call center who is rude.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I placed a really lengthy review in Yelp also. Long story short waited 1 week for repairs on my washing machine as they had no earlier appointments available (this is a red flag and it reads POS appliances). 1 week and 5 hours into THEIR repair "window" and I get a text that they are not going to make it out to fix my washer and I will have to reschedule!!! I called the number provided and got handed off to 3 different people who can't tell you anything!!! So here I sit on Friday night at 5pm with loads of dirty laundry (courtesy of a family of 4), a warrantied but very BROKEN 1 year old washer, no technician to fix it, and nobody to take my complaint or call.... Horrible service! NEVER again SEARS.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I bought a Series 600 Sears washing machine in 2017. It worked well up until last week. Suddenly I got an error code of E1 F3. I called for repair. The repair man came and said that the there was a problem with the water level gauge. Unfortunately that is part of the control board. I was told to repair the machine it would cost $592.50. That did not include the $99 I had to pay for him to come to the house and tell me that it would cost almost $600 to repair the machine. I tried to contact Sears with no luck. I have email Sears and have received no response. I tried calling customer satisfaction, I was kept on hold for an hour. When somebody got onto the phone it was difficult to understand them. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that there was none available and that one would call me back. This has not happened. I would never recommend another Sears product to anyone.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I got a replacement laundry center through the extended warranty plan due to numerous issues with my GE unit. Have to wait a week for delivery due to my rural location. The first set of delivery people did an unbelievable amount of damage to my floor and my walls in addition to banging up the machine and denting it. They also failed to properly hook up the washer and didn’t tell me about it until about 20 minutes after he left my house when the driver called to tell me that maybe my husband can hook it up. After multiple phone calls, online chat, social media contacts etc, they arranged for somebody else to come out the next day to hook it up. When those guys showed up, it turned out that the hose was too short and they couldn’t help me. I then went and bought the extension and had to wait 1 1/2 weeks for ANOTHER team to bring me a new set due to the damage they did to the first one.

The team showed up today and delivered the washer, hooked everything up and left. I went to do a load of laundry and realized that they mixed up the hoses and my cold water cycle was using hot water. I immediately contacted the delivery company (20-25 mins after they left) and explained what happened and was told that they would be on their way in just a few minutes. After waiting over an hour and a half I called back to find out what the status was and was told that basically the driver said he is not coming back out. And apparently that’s the end of that.

So now I have to wait until Saturday to have someone come back out. And to make matters worse I’ve now taken a full two days off from work between the three different dates that I had people coming to take care of this. So not only am I out two days worth of vacation time, I STILL don’t have a properly working washing machine. Buyer beware!!! Sears products are great however their delivery people are not.

Original review: July 30, 2019

Contacted Sears to repair our washing machine, got an appointment a week later. The day of the appointment I contacted customer service 3 times, told different stories, then they automatically changed my time to another week and a half later, without saying anything to me. No apologies, just lies about where the technician was.

Original review: July 27, 2019

I scheduled an appointment to have my Kenmore washer and dryer serviced. Each time I had a question regarding my appointment, my appointment was canceled and this went on three times. Now I'm on the day of my appointment and the window was between 1 and 5 and they told me that they would let me know if this technician was running late which they never did that after 5 and now I'm being told that it's probably going to be till 6 but they never contacted me. I've called three times and each time he said we won't let you know if it's going to be any later but nobody calls me and lets me know. The email said you can track real-time progress about your appointment and the service technician but that told me nothing other than my 125 appointment which now they're passed so there was nothing real time about it the.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I purchased a gas dryer online on Thursday 7/11/2019. Delivery scheduled for 7/15/2019. The installation team came about 3 hours earlier than expected, so fortunately I was able to rush home from work to let them in with the dryer. They installed it, turned it on, asked me to sign the app and rushed off. Then I realize right after they left that the dryer is blowing cold air through the vent. I tried unsuccessfully to call the many different Sears 1800 numbers listed. I called 3 different numbers on 2 different phone. On all 3 occasions, I was on hold for 20+ minutes and then someone came on the line, said Hello and promptly hung up. Then I tried to "chat" with someone. I actually got someone to talk to me on Chat on the Home Services website after waiting 15 minutes. I explained the situation to him and he told me that he had contacted the installation team, had escalated the issue and I would hear from them within 24 hours. Well...nothing.

Never heard from anyone and it's impossible to actually get ahold of anyone on the phone. The only way to schedule anything is to pay $99 for someone to do a maintenance appointment. Now, mind you, I paid for installation because being a 3x cancer survivor with a double mastectomy means that I'm putting my physical health at risk by doing anything with heavy physical labor. I manage to pull the dryer out and I had to jump down behind the dryer and I figured out that they had forgotten to turn the gas on. However, the remaining problem is that the appliance electric cord is as flimsy as the cord on my toaster, and is just sitting in the electrical socket, not even plugged in because it's teeny tiny. The receptacle socket on my clothing iron is more robust than the receptacle socket on the electrical cord of a $700 gas dryer from Sears. What a joke.

I tried to contact Sears again with no success, so I've given up and I'm just going to pay someone to change out the cord for me. I had paid $100 for their warranty but as you find out after you purchase it, that the warranty is a complete joke. You go to the website and it'll ask you if you bought the warranty - when you answer yes, a message pops up that states "the warranty provides you with online technical assistance". Nothing else. Which would be great if you could even get ahold of someone online. What a complete waste of $700!

Original review: July 21, 2019

I have a 5 year maintenance contract on my Whirlpool dryer. I first chatted to make an appt, but the person wanted to have access to my phone. I was not going to let them have that. I called to make an appt. After a long wait and talking to someone I got cut off. I called back and had an appt between 1-5 yesterday. When I called, message said tech would be here between 2:45-4:45. When I called at 4:15, message said my appt was Monday between 1-5. I had a no show without a phone call. I called and was on hold for 9 min, a person answered and could not hear me so hung up. My son called and waited on the line for 30 min, no one answered. I used to buy all my appliances with Sears. The transaction in Jan 2017 to buy this dryer on Antioch Road in KC was terrible.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I purchased a Samsung front load. It’s a piece of junk. Had over 12 repairs so far. Used to have Sears Master Protection on it now Sears Repair. My issues are the washer is poorly made. I’ve had all of these repairs and they still have not replaced it. Almost every part has been replaced once. My next issue is repairs. They consistently do not show up or call. So I’ve had 2 appointments that no one showed or called. I lost 400 dollars in lost wages. I recently had surgery and cannot lift or reach and I don’t have a washer that works. I can’t go to a laundromat. I have spent hours on hold trying to file a complaint. They just put me on holding hell and you have to call back they do it again.

Do not buy samsung and do not trust the repairs you will ever get done. This has put me in tears more than I know. Sears does not care about their customers. Also, they try to use 3rd party contractors and don’t send a senior sears tech. They know nothing. When you pay for a master protection or sears repair you should get a real sears tech. 3rd party contractors will not ever do a replacement. I went thru this on a dishwasher last year. They put more into repairs than if they had replaced it. All parts replaced at least once again. It’s a real shame sears doesn’t care.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Please don't get trapped by making a major purchase from Sears. Forget the integrity this company once had. Going on a month on trying to get a much needed $1400 washer. 3 techs each blaming the other for wrong part ordered, tech running late on two occasions but were told they would show up... Never happened. Got message appointments were rescheduled without our consent for date & time. Please, please, please believe the nightmares everyone has commented about. Warrant is a waste. Shame on Sears!!! Absolutely disgusted!!!

Original review: July 3, 2019

Sears is a rip-off especially to seniors. Bullies, crooks, liars, cheats people, disrespectful. Never give what they promise. They should be locked up in jail. Horrible staff.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I had the great misfortune of having to work with Sears home service. The first appointment was split between two technicians, one for the washer and one of the dishwasher which was not told to me during scheduling therefore I had the joy of waiting for two technicians to arrive to my home. After they arrived, they both spent 5 minutes before deciding parts were needed that they didn’t have. Another appointment scheduled two weeks later which then gets rescheduled due to a delay in delivery of parts. The customer service reps refuse to track down the part, find another part or ensure delivery because they are in the Philippines and can’t do anything. They are useless and all they can do is push the appointment out further and further. Sears is horrible from the initial call to now as I am still waiting. I would never recommend them and would never use them. Avoid at all cost.

Original review: June 22, 2019

I went to the local Sears store which is NOT close by to purchase a 24" wide stackable washer and dryer. The appliance rep said he would have to special order anything I see in that size and cannot meet my delivery request of one week. He said I should order it online and I could get my order fulfilled, rather than go to a store.

So, I went home, ordered what I wanted online, paid for it, and selected the delivery date offered by Sears. The date met my one week criteria which was critical since we live out of town from our condo and would be making a trip to be there for delivery/installation. 2 days before delivery date we received a call saying that they need to postpone the delivery date. VERY DISAPPOINTING! I CANCELLED THE ORDER! I hope they are better about refunding my $2000 than they are about meeting delivery dates!p

Original review: June 19, 2019

My washing machine needed repair. Despite repeated visits by nice apologetic repair men who kept ordering the same part needed, yet was always the wrong part delivered, and this over six month period, and countless calls to a service department of people who failed to resolve issue time and time again, and then an inadequate check to compensate me for having to go to a laundromat for those SIX MONTHS, I finally caved and bought a new washing machine at PC Richards. Though I never shared that I replaced it with Sears, I never received one follow up call from Sears. They strung me along, with pure ineptitude. Sears belongs and will soon be in the history books only. Warning: beware of those service contracts. Save your money. They are not worth the MONEY or TIME spent on getting Sears to honor them.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I purchased Sears washer. Front boot smells horrible. Purchased new boot but a special tool is required to fix. Called Sears repairs. Set up appointment. Well I sat at home for 4 hours and no technician showed. Called number on my work ticket and lo and behold I get text he is on his way. Within minutes he calls to say he is overbooked and not coming.. This is the kind of bull crap that is causing company to fail. I will never shop Sears again and will let any and all know how bad they are. Knew I was going to overpay on repairs but wife wanted smell gone. New washer too. Purchase not Sears. They suck.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Yesterday, the repair person (don't know through what company this is contracted, but the Tech ID is **) was supposed to be here to repair my washing machine. Time window for the appointment: 1-5 p.m. 3 p.m. I called to check. He was running late, he would be here at 5. After 5 p.m. I called. He would be here at 6. After 6 p.m. I called, he would be here at 7. After 7 p.m. I called, he would be here at 8. Through all of this, the person (in the Philippines) on the phone CLAIMED they would give the tech my phone number - which he should already have had - so the tech would call me. No calls. Not even one. Not ever.

About 8:15 I called, and first I was told he would be here later, then the person on the phone said, "no, status just changed, your appointment has been cancelled". 7 1/2 hours of wasted time, and the tech cancelled my appointment without ONE SINGLE call to me. And what is worse? The next appointment available, the next time they will be in town, they claim, is one week from now. Unbelievable. One more wasted day thanks to an unprofessional repair tech. If I could give 0 stars, I would.

Original review: June 4, 2019

We bought a Sears Kenmore washer & dryer about 5 yrs ago & I love them. The washer is a top load, HE (high efficiency), triple action agitator, 400 series, & the dryer is a 500 series. They have always worked perfectly & have never had a problem. They are easy to use. They make doing laundry a breeze. I highly recommend them. You will not regret purchasing them. You will be glad you did. Thank you to Sears Kenmore. Linda

Original review: June 2, 2019

We have a Sears home store in Canton TX where I bought a new washer and dryer combo. At the time of purchase, I paid for the extended warranty. for the last two years, I've contacted the store for them to perform the annual maintenance check up and do not get calls back to schedule it. Fast forward to two weeks ago. Approximately 2 weeks ago, I started to notice a foul odor coming from the washing machine. After searching online for possible solutions, I found that this is a known issue with this model and would require a technician to repair. I called the local store initially to schedule a service call, I called the 800 number, and I tried online chat. The local store clerk - Sears Home Store in Canton TX - keeps taking my number down and says they call call back. I have yet to hear from them.

When I called the 800 number, I tried the automated system to schedule - I held for approximately 30 minutes before I gave up - there was never an answer. I then spoke to someone through their online chat system. The agent recommended I run vinegar through the wash cycle 2-3 times then suggested I call back to schedule the annual maintenance after "I repair the machine." The agent through the online chat system continued to ask me if the washer was working, I stated "yes". She stated she would only schedule a repair IF the washer was broken, not for the odor. I have yet to hear from someone to schedule either a repair or annual maintenance.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I purchased an Electric Kenmore Washer and Dryer and all the necessary hoses and cords from the store in Augusta Georgia on 2/25. Sales Check # **.

They were delivered and installed on 2/27. Being that I work out of town often, the dryer went unused often for much of the time over the month following. On the evening of 3/24, I heard a loud popping/sparking sound and the dryer shut-off mid cycle and would not restart. Being that this was a new appliance, I assumed I had an electrical problem and scheduled an appointment for an electrician to come out when I could be present.

The electrician came out on Saturday 4/6 and advised me that the dryer cord had been installed incorrectly and I was fortunate that my home had not caught fire. I was advised to contact Sears. I did so the following day on 4/7 and explained the issue. A repair ticket was entered and I was told a service person would be out to my home on 4/9 between 8am - 12pm. I received a text confirmation of this appointment. When no one arrived on 4/9 I called Sears and was blind transferred to an unknown person for whom I had to retell the entire story. I was then transferred again to a local repair shop in North Augusta, SC called Certified Appliance Repair who told me I did not have an appointment since I had not spoken with them.

The young lady went on to say that she had called me the day before (during the day when I was working) and didn’t get a response but that she would schedule the earliest appointment which would be 2 days later on 4/11. At this point I have been without a dryer for 2 weeks with 2 special needs adults in my care. I called the number for Sears back, restating the issue several times to people who showed no empathy and just continued to restate less than customer centric “policies”. The last person hung up on me. Distraught after this 41 minute ordeal, I called Certified Repair and asked them to please schedule the appointment. The technician came out on 4/11 and restated what the electrician had advised. He told me that the entire wiring harness and dryer was burnt out from the cord being attached improperly and that he would have to order parts and rebuild a brand new dryer.

He also said I would have to get another cord that I had already purchased from Sears. He was also the only empathetic and customer focused individual that I had dealt with in this entire situation. I returned to the store on that day 4/11 and was again told about a 30 day policy and was not given a new cord but had to BUY it. I wasn’t even asking for compensation for the cost of an electrician. I was only asking for Sears to make this egregious oversight right immediately and send out a new dryer to be installed properly.

I am still without a dryer and waiting for someone from Certified Repair to return which he told me could be 7-10 days from 4/11. I am extremely disappointed in the service and lack of accountability from Sears. I work in corporate America for a large company that deals with 3rd party vendors contracted to serve our customers. When they make a mistake we assume responsibility and rectify the situation for our customer and we deal with the contracted party. Passing the blame and disregarding the customer is not an option. It is beyond frustrating that your company does not have the same commitment to your customers. To date, I still do not have a working dryer.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Kenmore dryer on sale online/put in cart for free shipping. Another window opened up for delivery options with prices on time of day -so I went to the nearest Sears and the same model in the store was $75.00 more, spoke with associates salesman. He said online is different than in store buying. I was floored, I had Sears repair coming out in a window from 1 to 5 pm for my dryer which in turn was $99.00 plus tax. I asked if I could use that off to purchase a new dryer, he answered, "We don't do that anymore, but when repairman showing up he will give you a coupon, if you don't want to repair and you can purchase a dryer."

Not true -service man that came out has been with Sears for 16 years and never heard of anything like that. So my question is -what the heck happened to to Sears? How are you training these people? Every appliance I own is from Sears. Their reputation went down the drain. So disappointed. Customer alert -if buying from Sears -check for sale and also have a truck to pick it up (free pick-up) -and strong people to carry in and hook them up, otherwise you're stuck with addition charges.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Bad Company. That's why Sears is going out of business. I called to get my washer fixed. It's a Kenmore Elite and the guy comes out. Says it's too old. There's no parts for it and it'll be $99. They could have told me that when I call to get a fixed that was too old and no parts available when I told him the problem. But no. They want to get that $99 just to walk in and look at it and tell me that. Everyone knows that's not right. Bad bad Sears, great way to drive your business into the ground. Oh, I'm sure you'll be out of business real real soon. Keep up the great work Sears. Maybe you can be completely be out of business by the end of the year. Enjoy those $99 you got for me. You won't last long screwing over your ex loyal customers.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Everyone that know me know I’m not one to complain a lot but I’m a little baffled today. I have a washer that was purchased in 2016 that has never worked correctly but because I have a protection plan I would just call for service. Only bad part about that I would always have to take off from work for service person to come to our home. So A serviceman came out March 20th, 23rd, today the 26th and it’s still not fixed. (It’s worser more today than ever.) The washer will drain on some loads and then it will stop. So I’ve learned how to just wash and wring my clothes out before putting in the dryer. So guess what my protection plan ends April the 1st. So here’s my question if it’s been worked on the past right at 3 years and 3 times in March...Do you think my washer problem will be solved when service person comes on Friday the 29th???? This has been a horrible experience with my Sears service and my GE washer.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I bought a top loader listen 3 years ago from Sears. Evening I was after all these fires had happened up in Lake County and just recently it's a my machine was not spinning correctly so I called to double check and see whether or not I have purchased a warranty because I thought I had but it turns out that I didn't so I was prepared to pay to get my wash machine fix. When the guy came out he found out it was the electric motherboard that was going out and it would cost me $700 to repair it. Now mind you I pay just under 4 to $500 for this wash machine speak in with so the repair is more of them what the wash machine was worth. So now I have a disposable wash machine that I have to take to the dumps because I can't repair it. This is so ridiculous and the guy on the call when the he with when I was scheduling the appointment said you know welcome the Sears repairs over 5.

Original review: March 15, 2019

It took 3 weeks to repair a washing machine that is less than 2 years old. Due to the problem with the agitator 2 sheets have been ruined and the agitator had broken plastic pieces inside. When the initial appointment for repair service was made the technician became sick and did not arrive. An appointment was rescheduled 2 days later and that service technician didn't arrive (told truck broke down). 3rd appointment technician arrives but needed new part which didn't arrive until 1 week later. I was very pleased with the service technician but not the time span for repair and my sheets been ruined.

Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Company Information