Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers

Sears Washers & Dryers

3.0/5 (1398 ratings)

About Sears Washers & Dryers

Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: March 1, 2021

We’ve been with Sears for more than 18 years. I have purchased my dryer from Sears and been renewing warranty on it continuously; could have purchased at least two if not three dryers with that money spent on renewals warranty. Called to get a repair service for dryer in January. A technician came and fixed half the problem. He had to order a part. It has been now 5 weeks and every time I call them I get the same answer that the part is in shipping process.

I spoke to their supervisor and that didn’t help either. All what she did is that she gave me a date that the part should be in on the 20th of February and today is March 1st. I can’t dry my white shirts and clothes that they get dirty because the seal inside the dryer is missing and I‘ve been waiting for five weeks so far for it come. The seal was missing in the first place due to a previous repair service before the January service. The tech fixed the heating problem. removed the seal and didn’t put it back creating a problem. There has been no progress whatsoever, been calling sears every week for last five week. Terrible service and extended warranty. I need my dryer fixed. If you can’t get the part, at least replace the dryer. This is called rip off.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Purchased my washer and dryer in August 2020; received it September 4, 2020. February 6th the washer broke. Have been calling ever since to get it fixed and nothing but a run around. No service, no callback, nobody that can do anything other than read a script. I will never buy from Sears again.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I have been fighting with Sears for 2 months, a telemarketer fabricated in the computer system they contacted me on a phone number I disconnected two years ago and the credit card company wants me to provide proof of this fabrication which I mailed to them today. Sears could have just authorized a credit to my account when I disputed the charge but instead dug in their heels, and I know I am in the right, they demand proof. Well they will get it but I am done ever shopping there and I plan to let everyone know about what poor customer service they provide and watch your bills close because they bill you for bogus charges.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

Purchase the Kenmore elite washer. I do like the all the options and the push button touch easy front surface cleans up nice… The interior of the washing machine is horrible where you pour your softener and any liquid washing agents the whole inside gets moldy with black mold. I have to clean it out. It’s disgusting… The bleach dispenser is completely rusted out. I wish I could show a picture dart not happy with this item for the price at all.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

We have always bought our appliances from Sears, with good experiences. We carry a Master Warranty to cover all our appliances, which up until recently seemed like a good investment. Fast forward to today - our washer stopped working over 2 months ago and we cannot get any help from Sears or from the 3rd party company they contracted with to service our warranty.

First we were told parts were ordered, then we were told parts were unavailable, then we were told parts were never ordered. When I requested a replacement washer, I got more runaround and it's now been 2 more weeks with zero communication. We have spent a fortune dragging our clothes/bedding/towels to the laundromat, and our very expensive washer is collecting dust. Sears used to be the backbone of American consumerism - now they are completely uninterested in helping their customers and they will not stand behind their products. Now we are faced with the need to purchase a new machine out-of-pocket, since it's doubtful we will ever hear from Sears on this matter. We will never do business with Sears again!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

I have had a Protection Agreement Warranty on my Kenmore Washer/Dryer for over 15 years. They have serviced my appliances from time to time with no major issues. When the washer broke down in September, I called them out and they ordered the part that was needed, when it arrived they made an appointment to finish the repair, the repairman broke the part when installing it, they reordered another one and he again returned and installed the part. He ran the machine and the part hadn't been installed correctly or something and another part was damaged.

The second repair person ordered a different part and after about 3 weeks it was determined that they couldn't get the part so therefore the machine couldn't be repaired. We were told that they would issue me paperwork on getting the machine replaced. That was in early November, I was to give it 3 business days and then call if I hadn't heard from them. I called and my son called, he was on hold for over 4 hours and I was on hold for over 2 1/2 hours before we got a real person to speak with...They looked up the account and said it would need to be approved and call back in 3 business days if we hadn't heard from them. I did this twice more, hold time at least 1 1/2 hours each time and was finally told that was approved and should look at sears and choose a washing machine give them 3 days.

I gave them 3 days and when they again told me that it was in process and give them 3 more days, I asked to speak with a manager, same result, I asked to speak to the complaint department and she started to give me the same spiel, I started to question her and she talked so loud and fast that I couldn't understand her and when I asked her to wait...she hung up on me. I next went to their Facebook page with similar results...give them 3 business days. We are almost 3 months out with no washing machine and concerned with using public laundry facilities. I have phone records to substantiate my statements.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

My 2-years old washing machine (purchased from Sears) stopped working and I called Sears first on 9/14, they sent a technician twice, and he ordered three parts on 9/28 and scheduled a visit on 10/13 to get it fixed, I called on that day when he didn’t show/call, and have been told they are WAITING on the parts, which they DIDN’T know when it will arrive (no tracking no.)!, since then I kept calling with an average of 2 calls per week, and they kept telling me they will order a replacement, since they failed to fix it, but NOTHING actually happened. Last week (11/5/2020) a supervisor/manager created a NEW case for replacement, and sent it to their Protection Agreement Solution department, which rejected the request for replacement, because they are STILL conducting a research on the parts!! Almost 2 months and they are still talking about the parts!!!!

Currently I am holding for the next agent for more than an hour (the wait time is always more than 2 hours!!!) and will post update with new progress (IF ANY). Very bad experience, in a very critical time, and I DON’T recommend this company to a friend or enemy, they are the WORST I ever seen. I might consider submitting complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. I’ll give it one star, because zero stars is not allowed and there is no negative, but their service is BELOW the one star.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

We purchased a front load washer, the only problem is with the environmental agency for insisting that new washing machines use hardly any water, so I have to add two or three quarts of water to the front loading machine after I put the clothes in or else I have a tub of suds and hardly any water, I wish I had not donated our old top loader to charity, as it was working fine, so now we are stuck with this new machine.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

Purchased Samsung washer and warranty scheduled several service calls. Even purchased an additional warranty. The most recent service call was Sept 24th. As of today I still cannot use my washer. The last service was October 14th. He left stating he needed a part for the motor or the washer needed to be replaced. I have not heard anything from anyone. No one is accountable and the hold time in 2-3 hours you are transferred to the wrong dept. or hung up on. It's very clear since Sears is going out of business. They don't care about customer satisfaction.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

The issues first started shortly after I purchased my combo from Sears in 2014 with my dryer. My clothes were getting hooked some kind of way on the lint trap & my clothes were ripping. I had a service man out who told me this was a common defect & to contact LG regarding the matter for reimbursement. I had to send them pictures numerous times as they kept saying they weren’t getting anything and then when I got time to discuss a pay out I was ignored.

Lost several pieces of clothes and wasted lots of time going back and forth taking pictures of clothing and emailing them over for nothing. But over the last year or so our washing machine has been leaking more and more. The mysterious thing is that it’s intermittently. Well, it finally decided to go all the way crazy & water was spewing from the bottom of the washing machine from somewhere. By the time we noticed it our washing area and hallway was completely flooded upstairs and water was leaking all through our house downstairs. It was horrible! Thank God for home owners insurance, but now I’m stuck with a washer we don’t want anymore out of fear of flooding & knowledge the manufacturing company will be no help. Life’s not Good LG!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I have been waiting since June 3 for the parts for my Washer to be repaired. I have been on hold with Sears Master Protection Benefits Admin for over 24 hours since this all began and all I get is a runaround and passed back and forth between phone numbers and given excuses. I keep being told I will get a call back in 1 to 3 business days and have NEVER gotten a callback. Back on hold again. How long am I supposed to wait for a part before I just get a new washer???? Sears Customer Service is Non-Existent!!!!

Original review: July 31, 2020

Just wanted to give a testimonial on the poor service I have received by Sears. Let me start off and say I have been a customer of sears for many years and hold this company to a higher expectation/standard but lately I've found myself questioning whether it's worth shopping here ever again. On July 8 purchased a washer and dryer from this company hoping to get it soon. Delivery was set out for Aug 4, not bad but was okay with that date. To my surprise two days ago received another message stating it would arrive a day earlier which was even better.

I was happy but this morning I received a message stating my request was updated and my merchandise would be delivered on Aug 30 (totally unacceptable/nor was it a request of mine!!). I would not put in such a request because after recently being diagnosed with breast cancer and treatment around the corner I needed my washer and dryer to make sure nothing stood in the way of my healing. Now this: I call to sears. The customer rep advised due to covid the vendor is being delayed, so they updated my order to Aug 30. I advised of my health issues and that I could not wait and was told if I wanted a refund it would be between a 14-30 days! Or I could speak to a sales rep and use the credit from my order to purchase another one that is in stock. But the problem with that is my purchase was in my price range and looking for another would most certainly be more money out my already stretched pockets that I can't afford.

This experience was a nightmare and if you have a time limit on a order with this company, you may want to look somewhere else. Because at the very least someone could have called me and told me about the error and what sears could have done to fix the issue as soon as possible. They've already charged my card and still waiting over a month for a product is unacceptable. Now my request for a refund won't be here until after I start treatment causing more anguish in my life. I can't afford to go buy a new one now until I get my 1200+ dollars is back in my account! This company has definitely changed from what I can remember????

Original review: July 22, 2020

Sears delivered me a washer and dryer pair. Delivered the washer without proper labeling. Blames me the Customer and won't service the washer under warranty! This after being a customer for Sears appliances for 20 years!

Original review: June 29, 2020

I have always been a supporter of Sears products, and so with that understanding I purchase a second Kenmore Elite Washer and Dryer. My delivery date was scheduled (June 17), only to have driven 4 hours to get to my second home, to have a NO SHOW. I went online to confirm my date of delivery, and it consistently came up on the day that I was 'scheduled' for. I called and spent hours on the phone from one transfer to the next. I was given a new delivery date.

After my washer and dryer were installed and used, I noticed the LED light in the drum of the dryer not going off, but only dimming after the door was closed. I have spent HOURS trying to call Sears to set up a repair to no avail. I went online and 'spoke' to a representative who promised me that I would receive a call within 48-72 hours for scheduling. That NEVER happened. I again have made numerous phone calls only to be transferred from one department to the next, and my concern has not been resolved. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND PURCHASING ANYTHING FROM SEARS!!! No customer care. Now I understand why many of their stores have closed. Had I known that scheduling a repair would have been this frustrating, I would have order my washer and dryer from another company. If you pay for the diagnostic repair for an appliance, Sears is right there with a repair man, but if you have a warranty, forget it!

Original review: May 24, 2020

Had this washer from Sears now for over 30 years and still working semi weekly and not needed a repair once or failed. It has been moved twice and has never failed to operate as I was sold on it being able to do so.

Original review: April 26, 2020

I had an issue with the door of my washer not closing properly. Sears sent a tech out from A&E and the guy didn't find any issues but pushed us to get Sears Home Warranty to have peace of mind should the glass lid of our washer broke, something he said happened every so often...so we did. Well, when the top of our washer broke while the washer was spinning, we called and they sent another tech out. This guy had no idea what he was doing so he did not charge us.

They sent another guy out from a different company and he tried blaming us for the top being broken claiming we were putting towels with our clothes... He said the weight of the towels might have caused the break and he would submit a request for parts. That was in Dec. We gave it some weeks because he said it might take a while for the parts to arrive. Months later, nothing! I called and they said it wasn't covered and they "sent a letter" which I never received... TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Original review: April 24, 2020

The technician came to look at my Kenmore Elite front load washer on April 7, 2020. He sold me a warranty and said the parts would be delivered to my home address and he set a date to come back and fix the washer for April 27, 2020. On April 24, 2020 I started calling the service number to see where the parts were as they were not yet delivered. After spending almost two hours on the phone and chat lines on the computer finally was told the parts were never ordered. Then I had to stay on the phone an additional 20 minutes to cancel the $200 service that I previously paid for the parts and labor. I’m so disappointed with Sears. I will not purchase sears products again.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

We bought a washer & dryer off the floor in Wasilla, Ak. The account was linked to a phone number I haven't had in 5 years, but nothing was said. Got the W&d hooked up, the washer did not work. Calling for the repair, which was included, I kept getting outsourced to India, where the young man would not update my info. He kept wanting to send someone to Illinois, where I no longer live. He kept asking: "When will someone be there?" I had to drive 22 miles twice to talk to human beings who couldn't help me. 4 days of frustration. A repairman is on his way, so we shall see what happens next... My Advice: don't shop at what little is left of Sears.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

My husband and I ordered a washer and dryer to be delivered on February 4th. When they arrived to deliver, the dryer was broken and we were told they were no longer being manufactured so we would need to pick out new ones. After calling 4 different numbers and getting the runaround, I told my husband I just wanted a refund because they were being so difficult and no one was wanting to actually help us. After being told by numerous people they couldn't help, we finally reached the right phone number to get our money back. They didn't give us an estimate of how long it would take, but assured us that we would get a refund and apologized for the issues we had.

A week and a half later we still didn't have the money, so I called to check on it and was rudely told that it would take 10 business days. The woman went as far as to go through the days of the week acting as though I'm too stupid to count 2 days. I waited and by that Friday the money had not been put in my account and the following Monday was a holiday, so I waited until Tuesday to call back and was told the money would be in my account by the end of the day. Here I am, a week after I was rudely told it would be Friday the 14th that we would have the money back, and still no money. I called back again today and was told that I'm not the one who made the purchase, my husband did, so they won't talk to me. They took my money, I didn't get the washer and dryer I paid for, I still don't have the money back, and to top it all off they won't even speak to me now. I'm done with them and would NOT recommend anyone to use them for ANYTHING.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Sears refused to repair or replace our refrigerator that was under an extended warranty agreement. It has taken them 5 months to resolve, or I should say, not resolve the case and dismiss me. The refrigerator was under the extended warranty until October and the repair was reported and requested in September. It required 7-8 phone calls, multiple call backs at their requests. It was interminable!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

If I could give them minus stars I would. What they don't tell you when you call for an appointment is they will try and up-sale you a maintenance service policy on all your appliances. If you refuse to buy it, then they won't fix your appliance you called them on. They told me it would be $250 to fix my dryer, but I had to purchase an additional $50 a month maintenance contract ($600 a year) on my appliance or they wouldn't fix my dryer. You're out the $99 service fee, and your appliance still isn't fixed. I ended up fixing it myself for $35 in parts and an hour work. They're listed with a local address and phone number, but you're switched to a national call center. THIS IS A SCAM!!!! Do NOT do business with Sears!!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I purchased a new washer from Sears a Kenmore which was not delivered and installed until December. Then around Christmas it was not working correctly. After 3 calls and lots of BS from the call rep regarding why they could not send someone out immediately 2 weeks later a tech came and said he thought it should be replaced but it was up to SEARS to determine because after 1 month they could choose to repair. 2 weeks later the tech came with parts but could not repair it. Sears is still giving me the runaround because the repairman was not writing up the notes.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Live in California, and have a Sears Service Contract for my Washer and dryer, in mid December 2019 called to have my Washing machine repaired. The repair person stated that he would have to order the replacement part which would take 2 weeks so an appointment was scheduled for 2 week. Waited all day for the repair person to arrive and at end of day called Service only to be told that the Repair person was behind so another appointment was scheduled, and that appointment was also a failure to appear, another appointment was scheduled and that was also another failure to appear, it's now the the end of the first week in January of 2020 25 days later and the repair has finally been completed by after waiting all day.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I have an issue with my washing machine. A repair man came on 11/29/19 and said he needed to order the part and that it would be shipped to me. The problem was, he couldn't get back until 12/9/19. No problem. We took our clothes to the laundromat and carried on. When the part hadn't arrived on Thursday we began calling. The call center was unable to answer any question, kept transferring me to departments that either disconnected me or were "unavailable at the moment" and then disconnected me. Mind you, this is after waiting sometimes 30 minutes to speak with someone. When we were able to get someone to help us, on the third call, we were assured that the "package was out for delivery" Thursday, no package. Friday, same situation. We called again, at least 3 times and were told that the package would be there by close of business Friday. The package did not arrive Friday.

When I called for 3 hours on Saturday, I was told that the package would be to my house on Saturday. It was not. I had to reschedule the repair service as well as work for Monday as I had no package. I have called again today, Monday, and was told that they can to send me another part until the one they sent arrives and i pay to have it returned. What this means is that I am at the mercy of UPS. When speaking with UPS, I was told that if it does not arrive today, Monday, that I would need to "start an investigation". I do not want an investigation, I simply want my part so my washing machine can be repaired.

Sears call center has been the MOST HORRIFIC call center I have ever had the misfortune to call. They are unhelpful, rude and everything else that is bad with having an offshore call center. I asked for a refund, I was told no, I asked to have it cancelled and sent back to them if it ever arrives, I was told no, I asked for another part to be shipped overnight so I could have it for the repair, I was told no. I am the person wronged, not Sears. And I've already paid half the fee for this, which was almost $150. This is UNACCEPTABLE and should be reported. Too bad I can't find anyone other than this forum to report them to.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I ordered a washer and dryer together which had different shipping dates. I assumed I would get the washer at the earliest date, which I needed desperately. However when I contacted customer service to make sure this would happen, I found out that they would be shipped together at the later date. I asked them to either separate the order into 2 orders or cancel the dryer part of the order or cancel the whole order. I waited or was bounced around to different people for 2 hours before being told there was nothing they could do. So I asked them to cancel the order. They agreed to do that. I received an email, the next day, asking to give them 72 hours to investigate before my order would be canceled.

The next day I went on Sears.com and applied for their credit card to order just the washer because it had a bunch of discounts. I applied and was approved. The website said apply and use now but it wasn't linking with my account so I called Customer Service. They couldn't do anything for me. I logged out but later went back on and there was my card, connected to my account and I was able to order the washer. However I didn't actually receive any of the extra discounts. Ugh. I did earn a bunch of points though so I decided to use them to buy a Christmas present. I went through the purchase and applied all the points but when I got my confirmation I was charged full price.

Well I didn't want the product at full price so I got on the chat with Customer Service. They informed me that since it was a delivery not a pick up, it could not be canceled. I literally immediately contacted them so how it could be that far into the order is beyond me. My only choice was to deny the product when it was delivered. I pointed out to them that it could be delivered without me being there to deny! They said that after I had a tracking #, I could come back and chat with them and they would call UPS and cancel the shipping which would cause it to cancel the order. I am waiting for the tracking # now. I hope this works. Sears definitely needs to improve their Customer Service abilities.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I bought an extended warrant for my Frigidaire washer. The machine does not spin out. Water is still in tub. I have had someone here at least 6 times and 4 new parts to make it work properly. I was told more than once that I need a new machine but each person I talk to give me different answers. Another part is suppose to be here maybe by the 17th and be put in on the 23rd of Dec. I have been dealing with this since July and I'm getting tired of multiple answers. NO ONE gives me the same answer on how long we are suppose to deal with this!

Each person I talk to on the phone says, "You should get a new machine if this part doesn't work." Nope...4 different parts. One woman said if the technician says you need a 4th part that is evidence enough to get an new one even if the part isn't put on. Nope. Not according to the last woman I talked to. I will NEVER buy another Sear appliance again! I'd think waiting since July this machine would be up and running!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

I engaged Sears Home Service to do maintenance on my clothes washer and dryer. The advertised price was $130. The service agent found a cracked pulley and replaced it on the dryer. He opened the washer and looked at it for about five minutes. The pulley was $20. The total charge was $393!!! The five minutes of labor to look at the washer was $99.99!! The cost of ownership of Sears appliances is unaffordable. I do not recommend Sears appliances and I definitely do not recommend Sears Home Service...unless you're rich.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I needed a washing machine quick, and I got just what I wanted from Sears.com. I realized I had a problem with my machine on a Wednesday, did my research and purchased a machine on the next day at Sears.com, and then picked up the machine at my local Sears store the next day, and installed it too. One of the nice things about this purchase, was that Sears.com told me the stores that had the washing machine I wanted in stock. They also offered free delivery, and installation, but I had to wait for that, so I opted to pick the washing machine and install it myself, it was real easy to do. Then a week later, Sears had their Black Friday sale, and my washer was offered at $20 less than what I paid. I did a chat session with Sears customer service on their website, and they credited me the $20 because there is a 30 price guarantee. So for me, Sears did a great job.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

Called a Sears appliance repairman at the end of October. They came out 11-6 and said my Maytag washer needed a part and if he ordered it, it would take 3 weeks to arrive. He stated that if we ordered it for delivery to our home it should arrive in 3 days. Well it didn't. Now to week three we get notice that order was cancelled. Call customer service. FINALLY get a person and no one knows why order was cancelled. Oh and they can't order part on phone. I need to pay for another service call. WHAT!! They offered refund but still charged me for service call which resulted in nothing. Almost a month later and no full refund, no one knows how order was cancelled and no washing machine.

Spoke with repair tech today and was told they had to have part built for us due to age of washer. Apparently 6 years is OLD for a Maytag. I would place this experience as one of the worst I have ever encountered. No one seemed to think being without a washing machine for a month was a big deal. Nor paying another service call fee for tech to come out and reorder part ordered 3 weeks ago but mysteriously cancelled. Very few people repair appliances so somehow all of ours are affiliated with Sears. No wonder they are in the out.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

My family and I needed a new washer/dryer for our home. We looked around the web and found a gas powered washer/dryer that was from Sears. We ordered one for a decent price and waited for it to arrive at our home. This is where everything went downhill. We never received a call or an email from them stating when the shipment will arrive. My family and I had to take initiative for every phone call and every email. It became such a hassle because they wouldn't even pick up the first few times that we called! After many phone calls later, we finally got the date of when the shipment will arrive.

Then another issue arose, they said that the shipment will arrive around afternoon time, so I waited for them from morning to 4pm for them to arrive but instead got a phone call saying that they had to delay my washer/dryer for another DAY! Got the shipment the next day but the employees that carried our washer/dryer made scuffs and dents on our floors and walls. Had to refund the washer/dryer because it wasn't gas powered. Ordered a new one but the employees denied to carry our washer/dryer. And now the new washer/dryer that we received makes a loud scratching noise within our dryer when we turn it on and we never got notice of that when we purchased it.

My experience with Sears has been nothing but negative. I give honest feedback to my reviews but this was on another level of disappointment. Never had anything like this happen and never heard anything like this happen, so I am equally shocked on how Sears manages their business. Absolutely stressful and terrible.

Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Company Information