Sears Washers & Dryers

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I have an issue with my washing machine. A repair man came on 11/29/19 and said he needed to order the part and that it would be shipped to me. The problem was, he couldn't get back until 12/9/19. No problem. We took our clothes to the laundromat and carried on. When the part hadn't arrived on Thursday we began calling. The call center was unable to answer any question, kept transferring me to departments that either disconnected me or were "unavailable at the moment" and then disconnected me. Mind you, this is after waiting sometimes 30 minutes to speak with someone. When we were able to get someone to help us, on the third call, we were assured that the "package was out for delivery" Thursday, no package. Friday, same situation. We called again, at least 3 times and were told that the package would be there by close of business Friday. The package did not arrive Friday.

When I called for 3 hours on Saturday, I was told that the package would be to my house on Saturday. It was not. I had to reschedule the repair service as well as work for Monday as I had no package. I have called again today, Monday, and was told that they can to send me another part until the one they sent arrives and i pay to have it returned. What this means is that I am at the mercy of UPS. When speaking with UPS, I was told that if it does not arrive today, Monday, that I would need to "start an investigation". I do not want an investigation, I simply want my part so my washing machine can be repaired.

Sears call center has been the MOST HORRIFIC call center I have ever had the misfortune to call. They are unhelpful, rude and everything else that is bad with having an offshore call center. I asked for a refund, I was told no, I asked to have it cancelled and sent back to them if it ever arrives, I was told no, I asked for another part to be shipped overnight so I could have it for the repair, I was told no. I am the person wronged, not Sears. And I've already paid half the fee for this, which was almost $150. This is UNACCEPTABLE and should be reported. Too bad I can't find anyone other than this forum to report them to.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I ordered a washer and dryer together which had different shipping dates. I assumed I would get the washer at the earliest date, which I needed desperately. However when I contacted customer service to make sure this would happen, I found out that they would be shipped together at the later date. I asked them to either separate the order into 2 orders or cancel the dryer part of the order or cancel the whole order. I waited or was bounced around to different people for 2 hours before being told there was nothing they could do. So I asked them to cancel the order. They agreed to do that. I received an email, the next day, asking to give them 72 hours to investigate before my order would be canceled.

The next day I went on Sears.com and applied for their credit card to order just the washer because it had a bunch of discounts. I applied and was approved. The website said apply and use now but it wasn't linking with my account so I called Customer Service. They couldn't do anything for me. I logged out but later went back on and there was my card, connected to my account and I was able to order the washer. However I didn't actually receive any of the extra discounts. Ugh. I did earn a bunch of points though so I decided to use them to buy a Christmas present. I went through the purchase and applied all the points but when I got my confirmation I was charged full price.

Well I didn't want the product at full price so I got on the chat with Customer Service. They informed me that since it was a delivery not a pick up, it could not be canceled. I literally immediately contacted them so how it could be that far into the order is beyond me. My only choice was to deny the product when it was delivered. I pointed out to them that it could be delivered without me being there to deny! They said that after I had a tracking #, I could come back and chat with them and they would call UPS and cancel the shipping which would cause it to cancel the order. I am waiting for the tracking # now. I hope this works. Sears definitely needs to improve their Customer Service abilities.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I bought an extended warrant for my Frigidaire washer. The machine does not spin out. Water is still in tub. I have had someone here at least 6 times and 4 new parts to make it work properly. I was told more than once that I need a new machine but each person I talk to give me different answers. Another part is suppose to be here maybe by the 17th and be put in on the 23rd of Dec. I have been dealing with this since July and I'm getting tired of multiple answers. NO ONE gives me the same answer on how long we are suppose to deal with this!

Each person I talk to on the phone says, "You should get a new machine if this part doesn't work." Nope...4 different parts. One woman said if the technician says you need a 4th part that is evidence enough to get an new one even if the part isn't put on. Nope. Not according to the last woman I talked to. I will NEVER buy another Sear appliance again! I'd think waiting since July this machine would be up and running!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

I engaged Sears Home Service to do maintenance on my clothes washer and dryer. The advertised price was $130. The service agent found a cracked pulley and replaced it on the dryer. He opened the washer and looked at it for about five minutes. The pulley was $20. The total charge was $393!!! The five minutes of labor to look at the washer was $99.99!! The cost of ownership of Sears appliances is unaffordable. I do not recommend Sears appliances and I definitely do not recommend Sears Home Service...unless you're rich.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I needed a washing machine quick, and I got just what I wanted from Sears.com. I realized I had a problem with my machine on a Wednesday, did my research and purchased a machine on the next day at Sears.com, and then picked up the machine at my local Sears store the next day, and installed it too. One of the nice things about this purchase, was that Sears.com told me the stores that had the washing machine I wanted in stock. They also offered free delivery, and installation, but I had to wait for that, so I opted to pick the washing machine and install it myself, it was real easy to do. Then a week later, Sears had their Black Friday sale, and my washer was offered at $20 less than what I paid. I did a chat session with Sears customer service on their website, and they credited me the $20 because there is a 30 price guarantee. So for me, Sears did a great job.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

Called a Sears appliance repairman at the end of October. They came out 11-6 and said my Maytag washer needed a part and if he ordered it, it would take 3 weeks to arrive. He stated that if we ordered it for delivery to our home it should arrive in 3 days. Well it didn't. Now to week three we get notice that order was cancelled. Call customer service. FINALLY get a person and no one knows why order was cancelled. Oh and they can't order part on phone. I need to pay for another service call. WHAT!! They offered refund but still charged me for service call which resulted in nothing. Almost a month later and no full refund, no one knows how order was cancelled and no washing machine.

Spoke with repair tech today and was told they had to have part built for us due to age of washer. Apparently 6 years is OLD for a Maytag. I would place this experience as one of the worst I have ever encountered. No one seemed to think being without a washing machine for a month was a big deal. Nor paying another service call fee for tech to come out and reorder part ordered 3 weeks ago but mysteriously cancelled. Very few people repair appliances so somehow all of ours are affiliated with Sears. No wonder they are in the out.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

My family and I needed a new washer/dryer for our home. We looked around the web and found a gas powered washer/dryer that was from Sears. We ordered one for a decent price and waited for it to arrive at our home. This is where everything went downhill. We never received a call or an email from them stating when the shipment will arrive. My family and I had to take initiative for every phone call and every email. It became such a hassle because they wouldn't even pick up the first few times that we called! After many phone calls later, we finally got the date of when the shipment will arrive.

Then another issue arose, they said that the shipment will arrive around afternoon time, so I waited for them from morning to 4pm for them to arrive but instead got a phone call saying that they had to delay my washer/dryer for another DAY! Got the shipment the next day but the employees that carried our washer/dryer made scuffs and dents on our floors and walls. Had to refund the washer/dryer because it wasn't gas powered. Ordered a new one but the employees denied to carry our washer/dryer. And now the new washer/dryer that we received makes a loud scratching noise within our dryer when we turn it on and we never got notice of that when we purchased it.

My experience with Sears has been nothing but negative. I give honest feedback to my reviews but this was on another level of disappointment. Never had anything like this happen and never heard anything like this happen, so I am equally shocked on how Sears manages their business. Absolutely stressful and terrible.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2019

Sears was supposed to come fix my LG dryer between 1:00 and 5:00 pm. I called around 5:00 and was told I would receive a call from the serviceman. At 5:30, 30 minutes after the latest time I was to have the serviceman, I receive a call from the over-seas call center saying the tech was stuck and would not make it. Stuff happens, ok, why did I NOT get a call after waiting 4 hours plus? I asked the lady on the phone if I could get something, anything, for paying someone to wait at my house. All she said was, "No."

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I ordered a Sears dryer because my old dryer broke down. I paid for delivery, installation and removal of the old dryer. Sears delivered the dryer and was not able to install or remove the dryer. I called customer service and they only have foreign customer service agents who do not understand you and you can not understand. I paid for an installed dryer. Also they can deliver quick but can not fix your problem quickly. Very angry.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

I had a Kenmore washer repaired. Was give a window of 8 am-5 pm, tech arrived at 2:30 pm. Completed repair, I was satisfied. When I was paying he had an issue with my debit card, which had been giving me chip failure problems. I gave him another card. Both cards had the charges. I called. Was told someone would get back to me 24-48 hours, (2 days??). No one ever got back to me. Tried calling again, was disconnected twice. Still have not gotten the refund, and have waited on hold multiple times, only to eventually be disconnected. It has been 10 days, still trying to get refund.

Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Company Information