Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

900 Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 21, 2019

I have a 5 year maintenance contract on my Whirlpool dryer. I first chatted to make an appt, but the person wanted to have access to my phone. I was not going to let them have that. I called to make an appt. After a long wait and talking to someone I got cut off. I called back and had an appt between 1-5 yesterday. When I called, message said tech would be here between 2:45-4:45. When I called at 4:15, message said my appt was Monday between 1-5. I had a no show without a phone call. I called and was on hold for 9 min, a person answered and could not hear me so hung up. My son called and waited on the line for 30 min, no one answered. I used to buy all my appliances with Sears. The transaction in Jan 2017 to buy this dryer on Antioch Road in KC was terrible.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I purchased a Samsung front load. It’s a piece of junk. Had over 12 repairs so far. Used to have Sears Master Protection on it now Sears Repair. My issues are the washer is poorly made. I’ve had all of these repairs and they still have not replaced it. Almost every part has been replaced once. My next issue is repairs. They consistently do not show up or call. So I’ve had 2 appointments that no one showed or called. I lost 400 dollars in lost wages. I recently had surgery and cannot lift or reach and I don’t have a washer that works. I can’t go to a laundromat. I have spent hours on hold trying to file a complaint. They just put me on holding hell and you have to call back they do it again.

Do not buy samsung and do not trust the repairs you will ever get done. This has put me in tears more than I know. Sears does not care about their customers. Also, they try to use 3rd party contractors and don’t send a senior sears tech. They know nothing. When you pay for a master protection or sears repair you should get a real sears tech. 3rd party contractors will not ever do a replacement. I went thru this on a dishwasher last year. They put more into repairs than if they had replaced it. All parts replaced at least once again. It’s a real shame sears doesn’t care.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Please don't get trapped by making a major purchase from Sears. Forget the integrity this company once had. Going on a month on trying to get a much needed $1400 washer. 3 techs each blaming the other for wrong part ordered, tech running late on two occasions but were told they would show up... Never happened. Got message appointments were rescheduled without our consent for date & time. Please, please, please believe the nightmares everyone has commented about. Warrant is a waste. Shame on Sears!!! Absolutely disgusted!!!

Original review: July 3, 2019

Sears is a rip-off especially to seniors. Bullies, crooks, liars, cheats people, disrespectful. Never give what they promise. They should be locked up in jail. Horrible staff.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I had the great misfortune of having to work with Sears home service. The first appointment was split between two technicians, one for the washer and one of the dishwasher which was not told to me during scheduling therefore I had the joy of waiting for two technicians to arrive to my home. After they arrived, they both spent 5 minutes before deciding parts were needed that they didn’t have. Another appointment scheduled two weeks later which then gets rescheduled due to a delay in delivery of parts. The customer service reps refuse to track down the part, find another part or ensure delivery because they are in the Philippines and can’t do anything. They are useless and all they can do is push the appointment out further and further. Sears is horrible from the initial call to now as I am still waiting. I would never recommend them and would never use them. Avoid at all cost.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: June 22, 2019

I went to the local Sears store which is NOT close by to purchase a 24" wide stackable washer and dryer. The appliance rep said he would have to special order anything I see in that size and cannot meet my delivery request of one week. He said I should order it online and I could get my order fulfilled, rather than go to a store.

So, I went home, ordered what I wanted online, paid for it, and selected the delivery date offered by Sears. The date met my one week criteria which was critical since we live out of town from our condo and would be making a trip to be there for delivery/installation. 2 days before delivery date we received a call saying that they need to postpone the delivery date. VERY DISAPPOINTING! I CANCELLED THE ORDER! I hope they are better about refunding my $2000 than they are about meeting delivery dates!p

Original review: June 19, 2019

My washing machine needed repair. Despite repeated visits by nice apologetic repair men who kept ordering the same part needed, yet was always the wrong part delivered, and this over six month period, and countless calls to a service department of people who failed to resolve issue time and time again, and then an inadequate check to compensate me for having to go to a laundromat for those SIX MONTHS, I finally caved and bought a new washing machine at PC Richards. Though I never shared that I replaced it with Sears, I never received one follow up call from Sears. They strung me along, with pure ineptitude. Sears belongs and will soon be in the history books only. Warning: beware of those service contracts. Save your money. They are not worth the MONEY or TIME spent on getting Sears to honor them.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I purchased Sears washer. Front boot smells horrible. Purchased new boot but a special tool is required to fix. Called Sears repairs. Set up appointment. Well I sat at home for 4 hours and no technician showed. Called number on my work ticket and lo and behold I get text he is on his way. Within minutes he calls to say he is overbooked and not coming.. This is the kind of bull crap that is causing company to fail. I will never shop Sears again and will let any and all know how bad they are. Knew I was going to overpay on repairs but wife wanted smell gone. New washer too. Purchase not Sears. They suck.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Yesterday, the repair person (don't know through what company this is contracted, but the Tech ID is **) was supposed to be here to repair my washing machine. Time window for the appointment: 1-5 p.m. 3 p.m. I called to check. He was running late, he would be here at 5. After 5 p.m. I called. He would be here at 6. After 6 p.m. I called, he would be here at 7. After 7 p.m. I called, he would be here at 8. Through all of this, the person (in the Philippines) on the phone CLAIMED they would give the tech my phone number - which he should already have had - so the tech would call me. No calls. Not even one. Not ever.

About 8:15 I called, and first I was told he would be here later, then the person on the phone said, "no, status just changed, your appointment has been cancelled". 7 1/2 hours of wasted time, and the tech cancelled my appointment without ONE SINGLE call to me. And what is worse? The next appointment available, the next time they will be in town, they claim, is one week from now. Unbelievable. One more wasted day thanks to an unprofessional repair tech. If I could give 0 stars, I would.

Original review: June 4, 2019

We bought a Sears Kenmore washer & dryer about 5 yrs ago & I love them. The washer is a top load, HE (high efficiency), triple action agitator, 400 series, & the dryer is a 500 series. They have always worked perfectly & have never had a problem. They are easy to use. They make doing laundry a breeze. I highly recommend them. You will not regret purchasing them. You will be glad you did. Thank you to Sears Kenmore. Linda

Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Company Information