Sears Washers & Dryers

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

My husband and I ordered a washer and dryer to be delivered on February 4th. When they arrived to deliver, the dryer was broken and we were told they were no longer being manufactured so we would need to pick out new ones. After calling 4 different numbers and getting the runaround, I told my husband I just wanted a refund because they were being so difficult and no one was wanting to actually help us. After being told by numerous people they couldn't help, we finally reached the right phone number to get our money back. They didn't give us an estimate of how long it would take, but assured us that we would get a refund and apologized for the issues we had.

A week and a half later we still didn't have the money, so I called to check on it and was rudely told that it would take 10 business days. The woman went as far as to go through the days of the week acting as though I'm too stupid to count 2 days. I waited and by that Friday the money had not been put in my account and the following Monday was a holiday, so I waited until Tuesday to call back and was told the money would be in my account by the end of the day. Here I am, a week after I was rudely told it would be Friday the 14th that we would have the money back, and still no money. I called back again today and was told that I'm not the one who made the purchase, my husband did, so they won't talk to me. They took my money, I didn't get the washer and dryer I paid for, I still don't have the money back, and to top it all off they won't even speak to me now. I'm done with them and would NOT recommend anyone to use them for ANYTHING.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Sears refused to repair or replace our refrigerator that was under an extended warranty agreement. It has taken them 5 months to resolve, or I should say, not resolve the case and dismiss me. The refrigerator was under the extended warranty until October and the repair was reported and requested in September. It required 7-8 phone calls, multiple call backs at their requests. It was interminable!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

If I could give them minus stars I would. What they don't tell you when you call for an appointment is they will try and up-sale you a maintenance service policy on all your appliances. If you refuse to buy it, then they won't fix your appliance you called them on. They told me it would be $250 to fix my dryer, but I had to purchase an additional $50 a month maintenance contract ($600 a year) on my appliance or they wouldn't fix my dryer. You're out the $99 service fee, and your appliance still isn't fixed. I ended up fixing it myself for $35 in parts and an hour work. They're listed with a local address and phone number, but you're switched to a national call center. THIS IS A SCAM!!!! Do NOT do business with Sears!!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I purchased a new washer from Sears a Kenmore which was not delivered and installed until December. Then around Christmas it was not working correctly. After 3 calls and lots of BS from the call rep regarding why they could not send someone out immediately 2 weeks later a tech came and said he thought it should be replaced but it was up to SEARS to determine because after 1 month they could choose to repair. 2 weeks later the tech came with parts but could not repair it. Sears is still giving me the runaround because the repairman was not writing up the notes.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Live in California, and have a Sears Service Contract for my Washer and dryer, in mid December 2019 called to have my Washing machine repaired. The repair person stated that he would have to order the replacement part which would take 2 weeks so an appointment was scheduled for 2 week. Waited all day for the repair person to arrive and at end of day called Service only to be told that the Repair person was behind so another appointment was scheduled, and that appointment was also a failure to appear, another appointment was scheduled and that was also another failure to appear, it's now the the end of the first week in January of 2020 25 days later and the repair has finally been completed by after waiting all day.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I have an issue with my washing machine. A repair man came on 11/29/19 and said he needed to order the part and that it would be shipped to me. The problem was, he couldn't get back until 12/9/19. No problem. We took our clothes to the laundromat and carried on. When the part hadn't arrived on Thursday we began calling. The call center was unable to answer any question, kept transferring me to departments that either disconnected me or were "unavailable at the moment" and then disconnected me. Mind you, this is after waiting sometimes 30 minutes to speak with someone. When we were able to get someone to help us, on the third call, we were assured that the "package was out for delivery" Thursday, no package. Friday, same situation. We called again, at least 3 times and were told that the package would be there by close of business Friday. The package did not arrive Friday.

When I called for 3 hours on Saturday, I was told that the package would be to my house on Saturday. It was not. I had to reschedule the repair service as well as work for Monday as I had no package. I have called again today, Monday, and was told that they can to send me another part until the one they sent arrives and i pay to have it returned. What this means is that I am at the mercy of UPS. When speaking with UPS, I was told that if it does not arrive today, Monday, that I would need to "start an investigation". I do not want an investigation, I simply want my part so my washing machine can be repaired.

Sears call center has been the MOST HORRIFIC call center I have ever had the misfortune to call. They are unhelpful, rude and everything else that is bad with having an offshore call center. I asked for a refund, I was told no, I asked to have it cancelled and sent back to them if it ever arrives, I was told no, I asked for another part to be shipped overnight so I could have it for the repair, I was told no. I am the person wronged, not Sears. And I've already paid half the fee for this, which was almost $150. This is UNACCEPTABLE and should be reported. Too bad I can't find anyone other than this forum to report them to.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I ordered a washer and dryer together which had different shipping dates. I assumed I would get the washer at the earliest date, which I needed desperately. However when I contacted customer service to make sure this would happen, I found out that they would be shipped together at the later date. I asked them to either separate the order into 2 orders or cancel the dryer part of the order or cancel the whole order. I waited or was bounced around to different people for 2 hours before being told there was nothing they could do. So I asked them to cancel the order. They agreed to do that. I received an email, the next day, asking to give them 72 hours to investigate before my order would be canceled.

The next day I went on Sears.com and applied for their credit card to order just the washer because it had a bunch of discounts. I applied and was approved. The website said apply and use now but it wasn't linking with my account so I called Customer Service. They couldn't do anything for me. I logged out but later went back on and there was my card, connected to my account and I was able to order the washer. However I didn't actually receive any of the extra discounts. Ugh. I did earn a bunch of points though so I decided to use them to buy a Christmas present. I went through the purchase and applied all the points but when I got my confirmation I was charged full price.

Well I didn't want the product at full price so I got on the chat with Customer Service. They informed me that since it was a delivery not a pick up, it could not be canceled. I literally immediately contacted them so how it could be that far into the order is beyond me. My only choice was to deny the product when it was delivered. I pointed out to them that it could be delivered without me being there to deny! They said that after I had a tracking #, I could come back and chat with them and they would call UPS and cancel the shipping which would cause it to cancel the order. I am waiting for the tracking # now. I hope this works. Sears definitely needs to improve their Customer Service abilities.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I bought an extended warrant for my Frigidaire washer. The machine does not spin out. Water is still in tub. I have had someone here at least 6 times and 4 new parts to make it work properly. I was told more than once that I need a new machine but each person I talk to give me different answers. Another part is suppose to be here maybe by the 17th and be put in on the 23rd of Dec. I have been dealing with this since July and I'm getting tired of multiple answers. NO ONE gives me the same answer on how long we are suppose to deal with this!

Each person I talk to on the phone says, "You should get a new machine if this part doesn't work." Nope...4 different parts. One woman said if the technician says you need a 4th part that is evidence enough to get an new one even if the part isn't put on. Nope. Not according to the last woman I talked to. I will NEVER buy another Sear appliance again! I'd think waiting since July this machine would be up and running!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

I engaged Sears Home Service to do maintenance on my clothes washer and dryer. The advertised price was $130. The service agent found a cracked pulley and replaced it on the dryer. He opened the washer and looked at it for about five minutes. The pulley was $20. The total charge was $393!!! The five minutes of labor to look at the washer was $99.99!! The cost of ownership of Sears appliances is unaffordable. I do not recommend Sears appliances and I definitely do not recommend Sears Home Service...unless you're rich.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

I needed a washing machine quick, and I got just what I wanted from Sears.com. I realized I had a problem with my machine on a Wednesday, did my research and purchased a machine on the next day at Sears.com, and then picked up the machine at my local Sears store the next day, and installed it too. One of the nice things about this purchase, was that Sears.com told me the stores that had the washing machine I wanted in stock. They also offered free delivery, and installation, but I had to wait for that, so I opted to pick the washing machine and install it myself, it was real easy to do. Then a week later, Sears had their Black Friday sale, and my washer was offered at $20 less than what I paid. I did a chat session with Sears customer service on their website, and they credited me the $20 because there is a 30 price guarantee. So for me, Sears did a great job.

Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Company Information