Sears Washers & Dryers

Compare Washers and Dryers

Research top Washers and Dryers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I got off a 12 month CONUS deployment with the US Army on May 29th. During the deployment I was able to buy a new manufacture home, it needed a washer and dryer. June 1st I was ordered to attend a month long military training mission, but because of the gracefulness of my Commander, I was able to secure a late start so I could get things at home situated before beginning the mission. Around June 6th, my girlfriend had to order the washer and dryer using my credit card information because I could not do it in time. A few days later she received an email stating that the payment did not go through because I was not present... Really? For an online purchase? Fine. She used her credit card and I wired her the money, while I was in the field.

A few days later she received another email, order not processed, but they still charged her charge... She calls and gets it resolved, but they charged her card TWO additional times around $1800 EACH. She calls again and they schedule a refund 7-10 business days. Washer and dryer scheduled for July 10th. I get back and start work after being gone for 13 months. I take the day off on the 10th to wait for the washer and dryer. They called to reschedule for the 13th. I took the day off on the 13th. They reschedule for the 18th. Then the 20th. Then the 21st. At this point, I HAVE LOST MORE MONEY NOT WORKING than the original $1800 cost of the washer and dryer. I called the customer service department on the 19th and they stated that the order WAS COMPLETELY CANCELLED. They transferred me to the delivery department which assured me it was on schedule for delivery. I have the names and employee ID numbers to prove it.

I call corporate to file a complaint. Corporate said that the order WAS COMPLETELY CANCELLED and directed me to the online store where we made the purchase. They informed me that the order WAS COMPLETELY CANCELLED. They then transferred me BACK to the delivery department which again assured me that the delivery would be on the 20th. I have TWO duffle bags full of stinky sweaty uniforms, no clean socks for work, no clean underwear, and no patience. I said "** this." We canceled the order and ordered the same washer and dryer from Home Depot (for less money and delivery in less than a week). Their first few excuses for the delays were due to the manufacturer. Then on the 18th, their excuse was operational damage to the machines and reordering new products. Let me get this straight, it took SIX ** weeks to get the first set and you can magically conjure a new set in two days?

Unfortunately I have to give them a star. I ordered a new washer and dryer from Sears. The delivery date was Wednesday. I wasn't able to be there for delivery so I had a buddy rearrange his work schedule so he could be there for delivery. I paid him for his time. Well sears didn't call me until after they were supposed to be there to tell me the warehouse didn't have the appliances and would have to rescheduled for Friday... which you know ** happens and it's only two more days so I was cool with it, but anyway I had to call off so I could be there for the delivery on Friday.

Well halfway through the delivery time they decided to call tell me they weren't going to be able to deliver and had to reschedule again for Saturday and again not that big of a problem. It's only one day well that brings us today. I had my mom Go to my house to wait for these guys but instead of sears calling me when the delivery truck left the building sears decided to call me 20 minutes after the maximum wait time to tell me the warehouse didnt have the appliances and that they could be there Monday.... So I called corporate and what I was told is they couldn't compensate for any of that. All they can do is deliver the product Monday. I told them I didn't want to do business with them and to cancel the order. Then I was offered a $60 gift card... Long story short if you wanna get ** shop at sears

Apparently front loaders are notorious for mold and it's known even by Sears. I however expect to buy product that is not known to be faulty. I have had this odor on my families (including my 1 yr old) clothing. We have ran vinegar, bleach and washing machine cleaners several times to get rid of the odor. Come to find out its mold. Growing in the rubber gasket. I physically scrubbed the gasket and it won’t come out because it is IN the gasket. It's gross and unsanitary!!! I called Sears and was offered no help after being passed along to 3 separate people! The last one spoke to me like I was his child and wanted to hear nothing I had to say! I am so frustrated by the "customer service" I received and I think SEARS SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEIR SELVES when it involves the health of people especially children???

Purchased a Samsung washer and dryer in May 2017 from the Sears in Hyannis, MA. Salesperson was motivated to make a sale and did a great job at that. We had the washer and dryer delivered shortly after. It's been less than 2 months and have had to call for repairs on the dryer 3 different times. The shuffle was horrible. We called the Sears service department as we had already lost 2 days in wages waiting for the repairmen. We have damaged clothing as a result of the wait for a repairmen. We got hung up on by everyone as they weren't able to find a supervisor.

We're a hardworking family and have saved up to purchase these machines. The repairmen just left yesterday and today the machine is broken again. The closest repair date is in 2 weeks and my husband and I are running out of PTO days. We want our money back or have the machine replaced. Sears is not standing by us and furthermore has made this experience a living hell. Sears has been around for a long time and is NOTHING compared to what it used to be. If you have unlimited resources and are willing to gamble to continue shopping at Sears. If not, do yourselves a favor and go elsewhere. They still know how to sell but will no longer stand behind their sale once the product is out of the store. As customers, we're no longer important. Shame on you Sears and your corporate offices.

So my washer stopped spinning, figured must be a coupler. Call Sears, guy comes out, on time actually, looks at the washer for approximately 30 seconds and tells me all this bs about gear casing going out and what not. I asked him if he checked the coupler, that man had the audacity to look me in the eye and tell me yes! I almost lost it on him but kept my cool. This man never even bent over, I was with him the entire time. To check the coupler in a washer, you have to get underneath it. Well long story short, A-1 Marks came out, a local company here in Indiana, spent about 20 minutes with my washer, replacing the coupler, and now it's spinning like new. Btw, Sears’ guy said it would be roughly a thousand bucks to get my washer working, I just spent less than 160 bucks and it's working like new. Sears is AWFUL, everything OVERPRICED, customer service is WHACK, and worst of all they're DISHONEST. NEVER USE SEARS, YOU HAVE A TRASH CAN THAT COULD USE YOUR MONEY MORE THAN SEARS COULD.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Delivery driver shows up by his self. Unhooks washer and dryer in basement. Puts new washer and dryer in garage. Says he will return when his helper shows up for work. Does not return. When contacting customer service they say they can send someone out in 3-4 days to finish delivery/set up. Wow unbelievable poor service.

Sears is all about bait and switch and dishonesty. All of the employees are trained to tell a customer anything to get you off the phone and not service their products. I purchased a Master Service Agreement (bait) which is as useless as the paper it is written on. I am placed on the low priority repair list (switch) because they already have my money for the service agreement! Sears is going out of business because of their extremely poor service model and cheap products.

I had to wait 3+ weeks to get a technician who was scheduled to arrive between 11-1 and shows up at 9:00! He then has no parts to repair and cannot figure out how to fix washing machine. He and the "Stack technician" guessed and then tell me parts have to be ordered and a follow up date to replace parts. Now told 10 more days at least before technician can return to repair.

I have put up with this disrespectful behavior from Sears too many times to tolerate ever again. I will junk these appliances because they are lemons and NEVER purchase anything from Sears again. I have been told so many lies and excuses. It is appalling. I will file complaints with BBB and Attorney Generals Office. Don't waste your money on the junk Sears sales and the lack of service on any of their products after the sale!!

I ordered a pressure washer on 7/4/17 online but nowhere in my order did it indicate that my item would not be ready for 2 weeks. I found that out when I received my confirmation email. On 7/5/17 I called the customer service number on my confirmation email to cancel my order. Irwin did not speak English well or understand it well either which made it difficult and frustrating to get my point across. Unfortunately Irwin was not able to help me and informed me that he escalated my request for cancellation and I would receive cancellation confirmation email in 24-48 hours then in another 24-48 hours confirmation of my refund. Well 5 days later I receive an email about my cancellation telling me to call the store that I was supposed to pick the item up at to cancel at the number they provided, which was the wrong number. After I located the correct number the local associate was very helpful but I will never order from Sears online again!

Washer will no work as said, Will not clean clothes, Will not get all clothes wet, Has ruined almost everything we own. I will never buy from Sears again. We have bought lots and lots of things from Sears over the last 50 years. I am done. We bought a washer and have called 3 times to have it returned or fixed. IT WILL NOT CLEAN THE CLOTHES. I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

I purchased a Kenmore Elite washer in November. Started having problems approx. 6 weeks ago. A technician came, tried to fix it but problems not solved. Called Sears Maintenance and the technician said he needed to order a part. Two appointments later and a no-show both times with the scheduling time being changed throughout the day for both appointments and still no show. The last appointment was for July 6 and the last scheduling time was 5:45 to 7:45 with different windows for showing up changing throughout the day. The Technician arrival window has been 8:00am to 5:00pm. Husband missed at least 3 (three) days work and still no show from technician. Sears sent out a new schedule date at 6:14 pm today, July 6, with no explanation for technician not showing. The new appointment is scheduled for Monday, July 10, 2017.

How many Chinese decoy products have you purchased recently that just don't work from day one. I call them "decoy products" because they are designed to encourage you to buy them because they look like the real thing. But they don't behave like the real thing. Indeed they simply don't work at all. Recently I purchased a Whirlpool, model number HTW200ASK1WW, washing machine from Sears on the Sears card. Well forgive me because it sure looked like a washing machine. Unfortunately my purchase turned out to be a Chinese decoy product designed to impersonate the traditional washing machine of yesteryear and steal my money. Not an exaggeration, I'm an electronics Engineer who once designed Pentiums: from day one it never worked.

Sears claims a 1-year GE manufacturers warranty. It's a lie! Within the first 45 days, the technician came once with no show 3 times subsequently within a sequential 5 day period. Both Sears and GE claim no responsibility and phone calls to either results in an infinite maze of deferred responsibility to someone else at another phone number. Miserably, I bought the product on the Sears card. Big mistake, because there's no ability to charge back and defend your claim! Sears and GE have created the appearance of a legal loop hole, collaborated and conspired to entrap the unwary customer and steal their hard earned money. I was forced to spend an additional $500 just yesterday, on another machine after three weeks of laundry accumulated in a giant heap in my home office. What a shame Sears is in the process of declaring bankruptcy. What has happened to the good old "Made in the USA"? Show me directions to America, please. Anybody?

I have service contract for my Kenmore washer and dryer. My washer needed a major repair that I have to wait one month to get it done. During repair, technician moved the washer, and remove power plug of dryer. After the repair, the service technician forget to insert my dryer power plug into the outlet. They left big damaged washer tumbler in front of my garage without removing them. I am not able to insert power plug back into outlet unless I can move the washer on the side. The washer is too heavy to move. I called the same day to Sears at 530 pm to request technician to come back but they cannot. The next day, I called Sears escalation dept to ask for a technician to come today to help me move the washer and plugging the power outlet. They cannot do so. It is just terrible service and professionalism.

I recently bought a washer and dryer. After 31 days of having the washer it does not work anymore and they refused to exchange the product for me. Their customer relations team for their corporate office does not have any idea of what they are doing. You always get the run around. Do not buy anything from Sears. If you have a problem they will not help no matter what. I made a 2000 dollars investment with the wrong corporation. I will never buy anything from Sears again. Very poor customer service with the online team.

I purchased a washer and dryer from Sears this April. From the beginning I had problems. The dryer doesn't dry the clothes in a 60 minute cycle. It usually takes 3 cycles which is ridiculous. The first time I called, they send a Sears tech who told me it was the vent to outside. Call maintenance. They come over. Cleaned the vent. Since I was new to the complex they usually do it automatically. Same problem, called Sears again. They sent someone to move the dryer not fix it. So, I had to make another call. Sent another tech who's telling me it's the vent again. Another call to maintenance, no clogging. By this point I had enough. Since I was still within my 30 days I told them I wanted a new dryer and also stated the door should open right to left because washer is on right side. Told no problem.

A week later, dryer shows up but door hasn't been changed. Another call to Sears about dryer door and this one isn't drying the clothes either. Two weeks ago I called again and one of their partners show up. He puts a temperature gauge on the dryer to show me the dryer heats up, but turns off because it is overheating. The reason for the overheating, guess, the vent. Called maintenance again. This time they brought in a contractor to clean the vents from the roof down, again no problem. I was told that if I called again Sears would start charging me for service calls since it isn't their problem... Never again will I buy a Sears product!!

After doing a *lot* of due diligence, including mining consumeraffaris.com for reviews and evaluations, I decided to go ahead and get a Kenmore 6.5 cu ft top-loading washer. Unfortunately, Kenmore is available only through Sears and KMart, and the closest KMart couldn't supply the model I wanted. So, despite the terrible reviews for Sears, I bit the bullet and drove 83 miles to the closest Sears, where I was most pleasantly surprised by the competence and professionalism of our salesman. They had the washer in stock, and we bought one (June 15, 2017) for delivery on Monday, June 26.

After having read the horror stories on this site, I held my breath, but Sunday evening I got a call setting up a delivery time between 1:45 and 3:45 on Monday. To help ensure successful delivery, I had given our salesman written directions to my remote house. (I'm way out in the country, and the last 2.5 miles are on dirt roads that are not well known to most GPS systems.) A bit before noon, the delivery crew called from the nearest town (about 45 minutes away), just to confirm, and they arrived a bit before 1:30. Again, highly professional and competent! They had the old washer out, and the new one installed in about 15 minutes, and it did a large load of laundry successfully that same night. So, at least this once, Sears came through with flying colors.

It is no surprise that Sears is going out of business. I waited two weeks for a scheduled repair. Then after I assumed the technician knew what he was doing, my Bosch dryer still does not work. He replaced the thermostat. Currently the dryer runs, but now there is no heat, on each and every setting. Called for them to do repeat service call, and even though this is due to prior service, of two days ago, I have to wait another two weeks for a return service call!! Never again!!! And the customer service rep giggled and thought it was funny!

May 11, 2017. I ordered a new Kenmore washer/dryer combo from SEARS online. I wait all day on the designated day of delivery and no one comes. I call SEARS the next day and they apologize and set up another day. May 13, 2017. SEARS delivers washer and dryer and installs them (stacked). For the next couple of weeks, the dryer rattles a bit on top of the washer. I wait, seeing if the stacking hookup "settles in" and stops being noisy. It only gets worse and the rattle increases. I call SEARS and they agree to send out two delivery guys to check out the setup.

June 8, 2017. The delivery man tells me that the dryer is defective--it came that way from the factory. He says I need a new dryer and he places a call to order a new dryer. He hands the phone to me and the delivery customer service rep says that she cannot take the delivery man's word for the status of the dryer and must send out a technician to ensure that the dryer is in fact "defective." June 13, 2017. The technician arrives and upon first inspection declares the dryer defective. He does run through the diagnostic tests with his electronic device as he is understandably compelled to run these tests. He gives me a release form to sign and, when finished (about 45 minutes later), he calls in the result and then hands me a receipt for his visit (attached). He says that someone will notify me within 72 hours.

June 21, 2017. After eight days of waiting, I call customer service. I am passed around and talk to five different reps. The second one tells me that there was no mention in my file that the dryer was defective. (Even after both the delivery man and the technician reported it.) This rep also offers no solution to the problem. I ask if they could please contact the technician who made the service call. I give them his name. The rep keeps telling me that he sees no mention of the defective dryer in the notes on my account. I keep asking him if there's a way to contact the technician. He gives me another number to call. The fourth rep says, after I've explained the situation for the 4th time, that she will call the technician herself and puts me on hold.

After a minute, someone ELSE picks up the call and he asks how he can help me. I tell him I'm on hold with another rep who is calling a technician for me, but he refuses to place me back on hold or to transfer me back to her. He asks me to tell him why I'm calling and, finally fed up (since this has taken the better part of my morning), I just hang up. I am at a total loss as to what to do about this situation. I'm tempted to contest the charge on my credit card and have them come pick up both the washer and the dryer.

Today I took the afternoon off of work to be home for two separate Sears service people. One for dryer repair, one for washer maintenance. Yup that's how they do it. Both were supposed to arrive sometime between 1pm and 4pm. 4:15 rolls around... still waiting. No one came, no one called. I called and the router was contacted. They said they would need to reschedule. No viable explanation offered. Ugh!!! What a terrible way to run a business. Why bother buying protection agreements? Totally disappointed and disgusted. I'm done with Sears.

My washing machine broke down after a year. Took 2 weeks for part to come in and now I have to wait another 2 weeks for another part because they don't carry parts. Now how dumb is that. When I called to complain I was given a bunch of crap. Never ever buy anything from Sears again. Thanks a lot Sears. You no good S.O.B's.

Bought a warranty for my washer. When it stopped working, had to wait a week for a repairman who then had to order parts which took two weeks to come, then another week for the repairman. Dispatchers read apologies off an index card, "We are sorry for your inconvenience. This must be very frustrating." Then issue some useless point credit on your Sears card as if you would ever purchase from Sears again.

I needed the control board on my washer repaired, so I scheduled an appointment online with Sears Home Services. The technician came on May 17, and he made his diagnosis. I live on a college campus, and I am just a renter, so I don't own the place or the washer where I live. The owners would reimburse for whatever repairs needed so I agreed to go ahead with part order and have it installed on a later day. Well I leave for China June 7, and the same day after my appointment I found out I wouldn't get reimbursed in time enough before I leave. The repair is also very expensive and it would be cheaper to just get a new washer anyway.

I called Sears the same day to have the appointment for the installation canceled, as well the part order canceled. I also put a down payment of about $217 for the part so I should be refunded for that amount. Well it was a struggle to get the appointment canceled because they apparently couldn't see or confirm the appointment which was for May 24. They wouldn't give me any information about the part order. I went to the online chat, and I was told that I would be refunded for the parts when it's canceled. And that I should wait until the next day to call because apparently the technician doesn't submit his notes until the end of the day.

The agent online said that what she can do is leave a note in the system to have my appointment and order canceled. I called again at the end of the night just to make sure that they would in fact refund me for my canceled order and would cancel the appointment. And they told me not to worry. They would call me when it was canceled and would send me an email.

I check online the next day, and my appointment was canceled, but there was no call or email. I check my bank statement and the charge for the part was pending and would expire 5/20. I had no way of knowing whether or not the order for the part was canceled. I was hoping the pending charge would disappear and the order was canceled. Couple days later on 5/20, the charge was posted and I was actually charged. I called Sears and told them that I was charged for a part in which the order should have been canceled. I was transferred about SEVEN different times to the same three departments, until I had my bossy sister get on the phone. They finally said "you should get refunded in 3-5 business days" and they gave me a case number.

Today, the part shows up at my door after I explained multiple times that the order should be canceled!!! I probably won't see my refund. Basically when you talk to customer, they will either transfer you or feed lines of ** so they don't have to deal with the issue. The laziest and most incompetent customer service reps. I have ever had the pleasure in speaking with. My only mistake was in not denying the parts and installation the first time!

I purchased a washer and dryer set from Sears with the warranty and have been waiting over two months to have my washer fixed! Each time the tech calls and reschedules the day of service! Not to mention I had to take off of work on those days that they was suppose to come out! Sears is by far the worse company I have ever dealt with. Good thing that most of them are closing because they are terrible! Oh yeah they did try to offer me a $50.00 check but that's nothing in comparison to what I missed from taking off from work waiting on them, who decided to reschedule the day of!

Kenmore top load washer - model number 11027132410. Simply stated - washer does not clean clothing. I called customer service before the 30 day return was up - each time they told me that I needed to try using different features on the machine. Of course, they didn't tell me that my calls were not being registered as complaints and beyond 30 days they would not refund my money. They used stall tactics to get my purchase beyond the 30 days. I had it serviced twice within 3 months of purchase but was told it was functioning as well as it would. It does not agitate, does not use enough water; the top layer of clothing does not even get wet. I use auto fill every time and it still does not cover the top layer of clothing. I also add extra wash time by selecting heavily soiled. Normal stains do not come out, but I can re wash them in my old washer and they come right out. So much for water conservation.

I trusted Sears - my mistake - I should have read consumer reports before buying this product. The majority of the complaints express so much frustration, it is comical - one person said, that if you put folded clothes into the washer, they would still be perfectly folded when you take them out again - truly, not a big exaggeration! My LAST purchase from Sears. I hope they go out of business soon based on their poor customer service alone - their automated customer service system is time consuming and designed to wear down the most competent dissatisfied customer. Sears deserves a class action lawsuit, but I don't have the time or energy to file one. Save yourself time, money, and aggravation, and do not give Sears your business. Shop with their competitors for better service.

A salesman at Sears asked me if I wanted a discount for opening a Sears card. I said yes, and when it turned out he was opening a MasterCard account, not a Sears card. Canceling a MasterCard hurts one's credit rating. I caught it in time, and just opened a Sears card. When buying a washing machine, I asked if the installation and haul away included removing the drainage pan under my current machine. HE INSISTED THAT THERE WOULD BE NO PROBLEM REMOVING THE DRAINAGE PAN, even after I told him several times that I thought it was attached to the floor.

When the delivery arrived, I showed the delivery man the washer and he said there was NO WAY THEY COULD REMOVE THE DRAINAGE PAN. I had to cancel the order (before they even unpacked the washer) since it couldn't be installed. It's been over a week, and after 2 days on online chat and on the phone with Sears, they say it'll be up to 2 weeks more before I get my refund. I will never return to Sears.

Beware the appliances! We bought a dryer they told us was a floor model. No delivery available on floor models so I had to drive back to Los Banos, get my truck and pick it up myself. Got the dryer home and it didn't work. I called Sears and they told me the customer buys open box items at their own risk. What? If I bought something at the flea market I would expect it to work! Anyway, we checked the lint filter and discovered it had been used and returned. Sears put it back out on the floor and sold it, to us, in a non working condition. I had to take it back to Sears where the store manager told me "sorry". There was no effort to compensate me for my time or gas. No recognition that they lied to us. Sears should be ashamed!

Purchase a washer and dryer over a year ago. Washer doesn't clean clothes and everything is in a bundle after rinse and spend. When I wash sheets. All the towels is in a big round bundle inside the sheets. # 25132. I will never buy another Sears Kenmore washer. The water level is too low.

Absolutely worst experience ever with purchasing appliances. Was planning a move on March 9th. Purchased a washer and dryer on February 6th. Delivery date was March 10th. Enough time? Not. I was notified on March 9th that my dryer was not available. Therefore, they rescheduled me for March 25th. Delivery arrives on March 10th. My washer only. I called Sears. They had no idea that the washer was delivered. They told me my dryer would arrive on the 25th. It did, but the delivery personnel who came on the 10th, didn't check my connections. They were unable to install it. My dryer remained in my entrance way for a week. I couldn't use my washer, because it was supposed to plug into my dryer. So, I'm taking my laundry out. They came again on March 30th. They installed my washer and dryer. The washer works. The dryer doesn't. It won't dry clothes and shuts off every 2 minutes.

They came out again today, April 5th. They were to exchange the dryer for a new dryer. I was ready to see if the dryer worked while the delivery man was here. It didn't. It continued to shut off. The other problem - they delivered a dryer with a door on the wrong side. I had spoken with Sears yesterday to ensure that the door would be placed correctly, when it was installed. They ensured me that it would. The driver today, told me that he doesn't know how to correct this. I told him that I would not accept deliverance of a dryer that doesn't work and is not the dryer I purchased. He said he would call his office. He got them on the phone. I was also calling Sears. The driver stepped out and left my front door open. I was expecting him to return to talk to me. I looked outside and they had gone.

Never again will I step a foot inside of Sears. Never again will I purchase anything from Sears. Did not deliver the appliances purchased, that functioned after 4 visits. I have called them to pick up the washer and dryer. I want a full refund of my more that $3000.00 purchase. Oh, did I mention? These are Bosch appliances. They are supposed to be high end. Save yourself a lot of time and money.

I purchased washer and dryer on MAR. 5. Finally I received them until 29th March. In the meantime I called Sears service at least 50 times to ask them when I can get my washer and dryer. When I received the washer and dryer I found them did not have power cord. I called Sears and spoke with one of manager. His name is MIKE. He is so rude. He blame all the things are my responsible because I choose the floor model, even the machine have big problems without used. Just simply told me NOT RETURN with terrible attitude!!! What's the service of SEARS. What's the manager! Really shame on SEARS is the way Sears treating customers! No wonder SEARS collapse one by one! Pls do go to Sears anymore, they will let you down!

I called Sears call center many departments, no one can solved my problems. The Mike is so mean. That MIKE (CTACIQ supervisor) did not feel any sorry! Seems to said all because I buy floor model I desired without power cord and it looks like all my responsibility! And I'm afraid I haven't use the machines yet (because without power cord). What if they are all broken? Who I can get help from? THE Mike is a supervisor of Sears so I think I cannot get any help from Sears call center! Hopeless! Pls help me!

Purchased a washer and dryer from Sears last May. Washer quit working last Friday and I called Sears for a warranty repair. The earliest they could offer me a repair time was one week out. This is totally unacceptable. They have also sent their call center work apparently overseas. What happened to the tried and true Sears corporation that we grew up depending on for great products and service? If I needed to purchase another washer and dryer today, I would look elsewhere.

Bought Maytag Bravos series washer from Sears. Water level never rose above an inch even when I designated "Deep Wash" category. Called Sears and they delivered another machine which did the same thing. Trying to resolve this issue via automated phone lines was taxing to say the least. Worst shopping experience ever. After decades of building a reputation for excellence Maytag has fallen into the abyss. Sears is not doing much better with their disconnections and little follow up. I could not speak to a tech. You can schedule a repair day without a timeframe until the night before. They would refer you to Maytag even though they are responsible the first 30 days. They stated they will refund me after 2 weeks of disappointments. I contacted my credit card company to contest payment as back up. I am too suspect of Sears at this point.

Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Company Profile