2. Homeowners

Sears Washers & Dryers

3.9/5 (336 ratings)

About Sears Washers & Dryers

Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

Purchased a Kenmore Elite Washer with an extended maintenance protection plan. Placed a call on October 29, 2021 for a repair of my washer which was leaking from underneath. A technician came out on November 1, 2021. Without taking the washer apart said he was going to order new hoses and clamps. Received an email confirming parts were order. Received an email on November 14, 2021 that technician would be out on November 15, 2021 between 1-5pm. Two technicians showed up and did not have parts, nor did I receive any parts. Asked to see the washer. They ran the washer cycle and determined it was leaking as I stated.

No one took apart the washer to confirm what parts were needed, they stood around for over an hour making phone calls and speaking in another language other than English. So was unable to confirm if they were contacting Sears or not. Had to show them an email confirming that parts were ordered since their records showed no parts ordered from Sears Parts. Once again they scheduled an appointment and did not check to confirm if I was available for November 26, 2021 from 1-5pm. I contacted Sears Warranty once again and they were unable to change the appointment. Again inconvenienced since no appointments was available.

On November 26, 2021 at 4:30pm received a call, which when I answered they hung up on me then I get a text message stating that my appointment was rescheduled for December 3, 2021 from 10-2pm again not confirming if that time was good. It took 1 1/2 hours to speak with someone after being hung up 3-4 times to find out the technician was sick. Seems quite odd that they cancel the appointment at the end of the day when they would have known at 1 pm. The Technical Supervisor stated they would move the appointment to from 7-11am on December 3, 2021 and the Technicians will be here at 7am. Have no faith them showing up then. In addition, having to go to the laundromat weekly so damage will not be done to the floor. Unable to speak with a live person about being reimbursed based on the Extended Warranty Projection agreement. Sears repair/warranty division was once a good company to deal with, but now not.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

Purchased a new Kenmore washing machine on 1/01/2021. After 7 months of very light use, in August 2021 the machine broke (stopped agitating). I called for service and was told the earliest time would 9/13/2021, which was over 3 weeks away. So we used the laundromat for 3 weeks. On 9/13 the technician fixed the problem. The problem reoccurred, rendering the machine useless on 9/23/2021. I called that day to schedule a 2nd repair, and was told the appointment would be 9/27/2021 (the following Monday). Then I got the auto confirmation indicating 10/27/2021, which is 4 weeks from my 2nd call, and 2.5 MONTHS since the machine broke down. In other words, at this point, the machine will be broken for at-least 20% of the 1 year warranty period. I called to escalate my case, and get someone to come sooner and Sears Home Services hung up on me. Never buy anything from Sears. Never buy a Kenmore. Never trust anyone from Sears Home Services. They are all untrustworthy grifter companies.

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

After 2 aborted tries at getting a dryer from another vendor, I turned to Sears only because it was one of the few that sold the model I wanted. I ordered it on 7/31/21. Ship date was 8/30/21. OK. I toughed it out. Days prior I received notice delivery was rescheduled to 9/2. No explanation. Again, OK. Unfortunately 9/2 I had water in my basement from Ida. I was told it would be delivered the next day. Wonderful. No call the night before, no dryer. Contacted Sears. Rescheduled to 9/10. Sigh. 2 days later I get a notice from Sears date rescheduled to 9/13. WHAT? Grrrr... Whatever.

9/10, 9 AM, call from Sears installers. They're outside with my dryer. Again, WHAAT? OK. I let them in. It was a very tight squeeze but my old dryer was wider and made it downstairs. I told them I didn't care if the dryer was scratched or the basement paneling scratched. After over 3 months I needed that dryer installed now. Success! Dryer installed in the basement and I was assured all was well. I even tipped the guy. I was so happy!

Meanwhile, an hour after the dryer was installed I get a 3 day reminder that my dryer will be delivered on 9/13. OY. 3 phone calls to Sears and online contact with a CSR I told them the dryer had already been delivered and installed. OK. They'll make a note of that. Fine. I finally get to dry a load of laundry and minutes after starting it the basement is getting warm and steamy. Hmmmmm. I turned it off and called a friend. The wonderful installation team left me with a hole in the dryer vent hose! It wasn't venting outside but into my basement and kitchen! To say I wasn't happy is an understatement. More calls to Sears which offered to send out another team. Oh hell no! But I did get a refund on the overall bill because now I had to pay someone else to fix the problem. Which I did. Ready for this? This morning, 9/13/21 my phone rang at 7 AM. "Sears here with your dryer". You can't make this stuff up. Not ever again.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I've been a Sears customer for eons and always got my appliances through them and have their Master Protection Plan on all as well. In March our fairly new Samsung washer malfunctioned and I called for a repairman to come. Sears said since it's a third party repair they have to send out a Samsung repair tech so they did - he couldn't fix it and ordered a main board and said 2 weeks for it to come in - took 3 weeks for him to come back and still couldn't fix it so he deemed it unrepairable and said Sears will contact me for replacement... STILL waiting for SEARS to contact ME and I've been calling the Master Protection dept almost every week or two and have to explain this over and over again to people who keep saying "We are messaging the supervisor/manager marking this Priority Escalation" etc, etc...

They say you will hear back w/in 2 days on how to get your replacement via phone call and or email. Nothing - I've been keeping a log on when I've called and who I speak to and what they say. We are extremely disgusted at this point and I've had to bring our clothes to a full service laundromat since March - 5 months is absolutely ridiculous to have to wait by any means ... What is wrong w/ this company?? I asked who else can I call about this and they say "We contact them" and you will hear back but they say that every time and another week goes by - we don't want to just go out and buy another washer since we paid for the protection plan!! Now I need reimbursement on all the money I had to dish out for my laundry bills which will prob never happen - so upset over this. :(

Original review: July 16, 2021

I buy a washing machine and hose from Sears online store on April 3, 2021. The delivery date was May 11th. I wait until that date and called. Well, to my surprise there was a delay because the manufacturers didn't have it in stocks because of covid. Okay, that's fine. They say 2 more weeks. I wait and call back. Same thing. Another week. So I call back. This goes on until June 15th when they told me it wouldn't be ready until August. I was livid to say the least because I have been waiting since April 3rd and it would have been nice to know that when placing the order. I ask for a refund. They tell me it takes 7-10 business days so I wait.

I call back around 5 days because I never received email regarding the refund confirmation like they said I would. They told me, "Not to worry. You will receive it by the 10th day." I wait and I call because I still have not received my money on that day. They tell me the hose never got canceled even though I spoke with 2 representatives regarding it.. Today is the 15th and they are telling me it will be 10 more days. I'm getting so fed up. I've attached the emails they send every time the order was delayed. I don't have any emails regarding refund because they will not send me any. I've tried speaking with the manager or supervisor and I always get told they will call me and they never do.

Original review: April 26, 2021

My warranty company, Bankers Warranty, sent me a repairman through A&E factory service. The first repairman misdiagnosed the problem. That cost me a week. Then, nobody showed up for my latest appointment. A&E said the technician is on his way but he never came. I am starting my 4th week without a dryer and neither said service company nor the warranty company are moving fast to repair their mistakes. I will never buy warranty through Bankers and I will never call A&E again.

Original review: March 10, 2021

Bought and gave away a year later a Clothes washer we bought from Pardenies here in Ukiah CA. We hadn't bought one for 15 yrs so didn't realize the difference in agitating or not agitating. I called them up to come fix our machine as it wasn't getting our clothes clean. I figured the machine was broken. I'd try so many different ways to make it work. When the guy came out he told me that was just how they made them these days and got charged $300 for him coming out to tell me that. My husband didn't want to sell a bad washer to anyone else so gave it away to a homeless shelter.

So we went to Sears and they had quite a display of things. We choose a GE washer and dryer. The washer came in a couple of weeks but not the dryer. At first I hated the washer. The water doesn't fill up the machine like the old ones used to do. We always try to buy the basics as less things to go wrong. When I push the button to "fill" up my washer with water it just fills it to the top of the clothes. Saves so much water and gets my clothes clean at the same time. I'm hoping this GE will last us at least 10 yrs. Why are things so disposable these days???

The dryer kept getting pushed back 2 weeks before it'd get here. They kept complaining it was because of the covid19. On the 3rd month of waiting I finally told Sears I didn't care about the people they had to deal with. I needed a dryer. Did they have anything on the floor I could buy right now? A Kenmore was the only Dryer I could get in a week. Every other make was no guarantee when it would arrive. I felt backed in a corner but bought it anyway. Felt I was gimbaling as I'd heard for a long time now Kenmore isn't what it used to be. I have a friend that has a Kenmore washer that is 29 yrs. old and loves it. Welp, we'll see how it goes. Meanwhile I absolutely love my washer and praying it'll last me a very long time. Getting old and have retired to fixed income for life now. Thank you for allowing for my opinion.

Original review: March 1, 2021

We’ve been with Sears for more than 18 years. I have purchased my dryer from Sears and been renewing warranty on it continuously; could have purchased at least two if not three dryers with that money spent on renewals warranty. Called to get a repair service for dryer in January. A technician came and fixed half the problem. He had to order a part. It has been now 5 weeks and every time I call them I get the same answer that the part is in shipping process.

I spoke to their supervisor and that didn’t help either. All what she did is that she gave me a date that the part should be in on the 20th of February and today is March 1st. I can’t dry my white shirts and clothes that they get dirty because the seal inside the dryer is missing and I‘ve been waiting for five weeks so far for it come. The seal was missing in the first place due to a previous repair service before the January service. The tech fixed the heating problem. removed the seal and didn’t put it back creating a problem. There has been no progress whatsoever, been calling sears every week for last five week. Terrible service and extended warranty. I need my dryer fixed. If you can’t get the part, at least replace the dryer. This is called rip off.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Purchased my washer and dryer in August 2020; received it September 4, 2020. February 6th the washer broke. Have been calling ever since to get it fixed and nothing but a run around. No service, no callback, nobody that can do anything other than read a script. I will never buy from Sears again.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I have been fighting with Sears for 2 months, a telemarketer fabricated in the computer system they contacted me on a phone number I disconnected two years ago and the credit card company wants me to provide proof of this fabrication which I mailed to them today. Sears could have just authorized a credit to my account when I disputed the charge but instead dug in their heels, and I know I am in the right, they demand proof. Well they will get it but I am done ever shopping there and I plan to let everyone know about what poor customer service they provide and watch your bills close because they bill you for bogus charges.

Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Company Information