Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers
1.04/5

Need a washer and dryer?

Sears Washers & Dryers

853 Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I leased a TV online, within two weeks half of the TV blackout. Contact them and have the TV return or exchange. They can’t exchange it. I have to get a new lease for another TV, when the old TV has been returned they will refund the money for the weeks that I have been paid. After two months never got a phone call or email about this matter. Keep calling them and I either get an "it-still-pending" or "the manager is not in". This morning after two hours and they said the vendor that associated with Sears online said that I returned the wrong TV.

So my only options are keep paying for it 'til I can afford to pay out the lease or pay it off now. So I asked Sears about the vendor information so I can contact them and have them send the TV back, but sears replied that they don’t have the vendor information. I’m beyond mad, what kind of business is this? So I will have to pay for the TV that I don’t have or have bad credit on my credit report. What am I going to do? Can anyone help me? I’m living in Louisville Kentucky.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Worthless piece of garbage. I'm not sure of the model on this one, owned it about 4 years. Large tub high efficiency w/out agitator purchased from Sears. I have never ever written a review of anything in my life but I had to vent somewhere besides just screaming into the empty washing machine. My clothes would get cleaner if I took them to the river and beat them on a rock. DO NOT BUY!!!!

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I bought the 5 years warranty plan from Sears when I purchased my washer/Dryer. My washer recently go bad. Call Sears to request service. Technician came and said he need to order the part. One weekend later and no update, so I call him back. He said he will call me back for update info. He never did. So I call again. He never answer his phone. I then wait for another week, and call Home back. He said the part is still not come yet. Then 4 weeks after the initial breakdown date, Sears sent me a appointment date for the repair. I thought that was it, but no one show up on the date. Call Sears and they said that that is not coordinated with their provider. It has been 5 weeks now and my washer have not been repair yet. Their provide is ** and rude. I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM SEARS AGAIN. They can go under for all I care .

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I originally scheduled Sears to service my Samsung washing machine on Aug 24 2018. The technician arrived on time and said he needed to order parts for the repairs. It is now September 26, 2018 and I still have not received my parts. I have made six or seven calls to Sears home warranty, service and parts only to be handed off to people that have NO ANSWERS and provide the same information. "Supervisor" call backs (if you get one) also provide no info or details of ANY ACTIONS they are taking to get the parts to my home.

During one of the calls I was told to expect the parts to take 21 business days to be delivered. It has now been 26 business days and I made another call (call number 7 I believe) to follow up. Sears still had NO information or details of actions taken by Sears to get the parts. I was put on hold for 30 minutes while he tried to hand me off to a "supervisor". Finally he came back on the line and said he was unable to reach a "supervisor" and they would call me back in 24 - 48 hours. If you want a complete runaround, lack of information, deal with useless call centers, over and over and over again Sears is the company for you.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I have a Sears service policy on my washer. I had a service call on 9/5/18 said the part is not made anymore and they would research all of the world to find a part. Next 10 days no washer. After 3 weeks then they said they would re-build the part. Waited 3 weeks service man comes, says the part cannot be rebuilt.

Serviceman then says they will put the part in research again and try to find the part for two weeks. I have been 6 weeks with no part. My policy says that if within 21 days they cannot fix the appliance then they will give me a voucher for a new washer. They will not. They continue to cancel repair appointments in their system so the 21 days will not accumulate!! Do not buy from Sears or A&E service repair (same company). They do not honor their service agreements after they get your money. Bad company and bad customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I am having a very poor experience. Sep 9th - walked into store and purchased floor model washer dryer, said they couldn't deliver until the 20th - seemed like a long time, but ok. Sep 20th - delivery missed the window, and then I got a call saying the truck was too large for my street and I would need to reschedule. Sep 21st - called to reschedule and was directed to call Sears directly. Left a message with Sears and did not hear back. Sep 22 - receive call to reschedule. Reschedule delivery for the 24th and made a note that we need a small truck.

Sep 23rd - receive delivery window, and speak with delivery team to ensure they are using a small truck - they make a note on the account. Sep 24th - delivery says they can't fit down the street because they have a big truck. Delivery team calls and says they don't ever deliver with small trucks b/c they don't have any. They suggest I contact the Sears store. I explain that I went through this cycle, and they explain that until the Sears store answers me and manually updates the account, I will continue to get calls from their company about rescheduling the delivery and they will continually dispatch a truck unsuccessfully. Seems like a broken system?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

We bought a washing machine from Sears that was not functioning well shortly after we bought it. We called a technician, who came and told us some suggestions, and then left. The suggestions didn’t work, so we called customer service again. At this point they said it’s past returns. They also said the service ticket was “cancelled” for some reason, which meant they needed to start the service process again just because it wasn’t recorded. That is your system's fault (or the technician not properly recording it), not our fault. So don’t make us suffer and have to go through your crappy technicians again for that. Then they told me there’s an error with submitting service tickets, so I have to wait again.

Also, their customer service skills are terrible. The lady I spoke to got upset easily first time. The second time the lady was more level headed, but heard things wrong even when I am saying “washing machine” as articulate as I can, and she thought I said dishwasher. I told them we are frustrated at this point. They said it’s not a problem about patience because I was interrupting them. Honestly, as customers I thought they would treat us with better respect, especially if they consider how we have been calling them all the time trying to get it fixed. We did not feel valued at all. Better take your money elsewhere.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Placed a service call on their website on Thursday for a scheduled dryer repair on Monday. Service tech comes out. I tell him the dryer is making odd rumbling noises but it is working fine. He opens it up. Tells me that a mechanism connected to the motor shaft is broken. Needs whole new motor. $614.00 not really worth it to repair it. But it still works fine. So I said I'll use it that way until it totally breaks down. Still it could last a long time. He agreed. He puts it back together. Charges me for the service call and leaves. Two hours later I go to use the dryer and it won't work at all. Called the number on my bill and I get Indonesia. She says, "Someone will call you back in an hour." 3 hours go by. No response. I call back again. "Someone will call you back in 24 hours." I wait 24 hours. No call. I call back and complain a third time. "Someone will call back in 24 hours" she said. No call back for 3 days since the repairman completely broke my dryer.

Now I have to outsmart them. I say I need to place a new service call. Now a new service order is placed to come out to repair OR reconnect what they screwed up the first time. All I get from these people are new emails for 5% off a new dryer at Sears. I will complain to the State of Michigan. I have been in the electrical service industry for 35 years retired. I could fix it my self but I now am handicapped & disabled. Nothing like taking advantage of disabled people. I can't dry my clothes, I am hung out to dry by these people who broke my dryer permanently. No return phone call now for 4 days after I called them back 5 times in two days. They just won't return my call.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I agreed to pay the $99 service fee- The tech came briefly and said he had never heard of the D90 error code- that is a basic error code that anyone can Google. He then left- no follow up resolution made despite me calling several times. They told me they would not refund because someone came to my house. I asked if anyone could work for them and say they are a service tech and they could charge every customer thinking they may get a diagnosis- they said yes. I will never call or buy another appliance from Sears again, and now I have to create a chargeback with my card company.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Purchased washer/dryer from Sears Store. Delivered wrong dryer. Delivered SECOND wrong dryer. Was told to go into store and repurchase correct dryer. I said I also wished to return washer. Washer was returned. Received partial refund. Was told I needed to verify merchandise picked up by warehouse. Was told money had been credited to my account. I have no record of this. Verified with bank. Told them they must have deposited into a different account. Said they would investigate. Received email telling me to go to store. Sears still owes me $862.17. THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR OVER 6 WEEKS AND 20 phone calls on my part. THIS IS THE CONDENSED report of what has happened. I am out a HUGE amount of money and I'm not sure how to proceed.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I made a in store purchase of a washer and dryer. Left the store and went to competitor and found $500.00 cheaper. Called Sears and canceled my order. Here it is 12 days later and still no refund of my cash. This was not a credit purchase. I called customer service. Was told 7 days no refund then told 10 days. No refund. I called in and was hung up on. I call back and was told again it takes 7-10 days. Purchase was made on the 18th. Today is the 31st. I believe we are beyond 7 and 10 days. With issues like these I can see why so many of the beloved stores are having to close the doors and Kmart is doing the same. Poor customer service will kill business.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I only gave it 1 star because it was required to leave a review. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE customer service. I purchased 5 Years I’m home master protection plan for my Kenmore series 600 which was only purchased one year ago. Only for it to mess up exactly a year later. I called July 30 regarding my washer not wanting to turn on anymore and when it did it acted weird. The door would stay locked and it would say my load was complete when it never released the water, anywho I was scheduled until August 16th from (1-5). Well the technician never showed up to my house but I received a text at 4:50 asking me to rate my tech on a scale from 1-5 with 5 being the best.

I was appalled and contacted customer service. They gave me a run around saying, "Oh no. He said he services your Washer," then another said he wrote on his notes that I wasn’t home and the final rep said the last update they had was at 4:23 saying in route to appointment. They said they were unable to schedule me until August 24!!! Which is one whole week from now and 1 day which will leave me with a month without a washer.

I live 1 hr from the city. I have to waste gas money and money on a laundry mat all because Sears has horrible horrible customer service. They have you speak to someone from India or some Asian country where they aren’t compassionate and you can barely understand what they say. I would NEVER EVER recommend Sears to anyone. People do yourself a favor and don’t purchase anything from Sears. Their 300 Master protection plan means nothing to these greedy people.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I have used Sears repair in the past and had no issues. I recently purchased the home Warranty and the service became horrible. I have a stackable washer and needed the motherboard replaced. The technicians were late, and INCREDIBLY rude. They had to remove the dryer to repair the top of the dryer. After they completed the repair they called me up to show me a fist sized hole in the top of my dryer. It looked like they dropped a tool through the dryer. They tried to say the hole was already there, but there was dust on top of the dryer but none on the internal parts. After having to reschedule 2 times since my appointment continued to get magically canceled, they sent a technician out to take pictures and order the part. His information somehow also was deleted in the system and I had to call the insurance company for Sears directly to have the part ordered and submit a claim.

Sears then called me to send a technician out to take pictures and order the part, and I advised them that had already been done and that I had all of the info on the receipt. They didn't believe me since it was not in the system, but I read them the model and technician info and they advised that the part was on its way. Then the part was not shipped to my house so I called Sears to let them know and they advised the technician would have the part. Technician arrived and surprise NO PART. Had to reschedule AGAIN. I would say that mismanagement, and lack of internal processes will be the downfall which is why the stock is under 2 bucks right now. Good luck folks.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I have called Sears multiple times only to become increasingly frustrated with their lack of concern for safety or customer service. All they seem to care about is not losing money. My husband and I bought a Kenmore Elite dryer (71632) from the Sears department store in Ventura in April. Over time it began burning a plastic imprint in the exact pattern of the exhaust vent on to our clothes. We requested a replacement so they sent a technician who said there was a dent which might be causing a defective machine and a replacement was sent. Our replacement dryer was delivered in May. We decided to run the dryer on medium heat with smaller loads and never with synthetic blankets at the suggestion of the technician who came out initially. Since this time the exhaust vent has again become progressively discolored and has again began burning a plastic imprint on to our clothing.

I called Sears and they sent a technician out to our house this week who told me that the discoloration was normal and reiterated multiple times "it would be impossible" for him to get me a new dryer. I have made many attempts to you reconcile this issue including a credit for a different type of dryer but have been very unsuccessful with multiple Sears departments - the ‭(800) 549-4505‬ line. I've been told many times that my agreement at the time of purchase does not cover replacement after the 30 day window and that since the technician determined the machine should be in "perfect working order" this will also prevent me from getting a new dryer. To this I replied I believe when a new dryer burns your clothing I think the old agreement is a moot point.

Not only do I believe a different model dryer to replace existing one is in order but most importantly I want Sears and Kenmore to be aware this product is dangerous. I feel the safety of my children left at home with the nanny or even while we might be drying clothing while asleep is at risk. This is unacceptable. I included a few photos of the only article of clothing I didn't throw away as it is my favorite robe and the plastic burned on the outside instead of the inside. I also included a photo of the vent after the vent began to discolor.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Ordered a washer for delivery August 7. They gave me a time frame in the afternoon. (1-3). At 2:30, they called to tell me they couldn't deliver. I asked for the next morning. They pushed it out two more days. No wonder this company is going out of business!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Elite Front-Loading Automatic Washer. We have been putting up with this and finally decided to say something. It has to be the washer, have matching dryer, don't think the dryer would do this. It is weird, the holes are all basically in the same place in each garment. Can't count how many shirts have gotten holes. I bought two of one blouse because it was so nice and after the first wash it had a hole. I can only wear them at home now. I have now begun putting my shirts/blouses in mesh bags and on low spin. It seems to help but my clothes will never be the same. It washes well but I do have some mold issues as well and am unsure how to clean them.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Shame on me for not fully reviewing the Sears Maintenance Agreement. Had my Kenmore washer serviced in April 2018. They talked me into doing the maintenance agreement for $49.95 per month for 1 year, and it would cover all my appliances! Little did I know that I would have to pay $75.00 copay each time per service call... and not all parts/repairs are covered. How is that any different than if I didn't have the service agreement to begin with.

I was told verbally that if it were deemed that the appliance was not repairable that they would give me a brand new appliances up to $10,000. Wow sounds too good to be true... you're right. Any appliance is repairable it just depends on how much you the consumer (not Sears) are willing to spend. By the time I am done paying for my maintenance agreement, the service call and the non covered parts; I could have bought myself a brand new washer!!! My advice is: Don't buy your appliances from Sears and definitely do not ever buy the maintenance agreement! Rip off!!!

Original review: July 19, 2018

We purchased a Sears Warranty plan to cover our appliances to avoid headaches of repair costs. As soon as the plan went into effect, our washing machine started leaking water from the bottom. I called Sears and they recognized us in their system and sent out a service tech the next day. This guy drove up in an SUV BMW, looked to be about 21 or 22 and had only a screwdriver in his hand. He did have a work order in his hand, so he was a vendor of Sears. He took a look at the washing machine, did not really do much and concluded that the pipe was faulty and he would recommend Sears to order the part and soon as it was shipped to them they would give me a call and fix the issue. Great! Progress was being made.

A couple of weeks went by and I gave a call into Sears, their answer their research team was searching for the part so it could take 7-10 days. Okay, I waited and then after a few days, called again and was informed that the part was ordered on June 14th and the tech received the part on June 19th. I called the service company to confirm that they had the part and wanted to schedule an appointment for them to come and fix. They said they were backed up and then they were going to be closed for training and could not give me a date to come out. I called Sears and let them know the response I was getting from the service tech.

They reached out to them too, and either could not get a hold of anyone or the mailbox was full. This continued on for a few days. Sears kept giving me the usual, "We will contact you within 24 hours" and of course, no one bothered to call me back. I searched online to follow if any updates were being added to my account. The account still said service company was waiting for parts. This was not true, they had the part. Finally, on June 26th, I spoke to someone at the service company and she said the earliest they could come was July 9th. I maintained my patience and tried to be understanding, realizing that things happen. I waited for a phone call before the scheduled appointment to remind me and alert of the time they would show up. I called that Friday before and could not get a hold of anyone.

All mailboxes were full and no one was picking up the phone. I contacted Sears, they too, experienced the same problem, even with their internal connections, they could not connect with the vendor. Sears kept telling me they were escalating the issue and they would work to resolve the situation. July 9th came and went, there was no call from the service tech and no one showed up! There was someone at home all day, so they couldn't say we were not at home. I had to get the oil changed at Sears auto center, so as I waited, I spoke to the manager there and explained the problem I was having. This was not his issue, but he took it upon himself to call the warranty company and spoke to a rep as well as a supervisor in front of me. He experienced and was given the same response I had received.

This was really too much!!! By now, I had been hauling laundry to the laundromat for six weeks, lifting baskets clothes and wet ones are heavy, bringing them home to dry. I spent money that cut into my budget and on top of that my monthly fee to have the warranty. I was getting nowhere. I had guests arriving and I finally decided that I would have to find someone else. Sears would not assign the job to anyone, because the service tech had the part and was supposed to complete the job. I called someone and he came out in two days. I told him what the tech had detected and gave him the part #. He came with the part in hand ready to fix the machine.

This guy came in a marked van, with a complete toolkit! He got down on the floor and looked under the machine and informed me that the previous tech had misdiagnosed the issue. What I would need was a transmission!!! He could fix it but would need to order the part and it was by no means cheap. I explained my situation with Sears to him and told him I would call Sears and see if he fixed it they would cover the cost. I called Sears and actually got connected with a case manager. She seemed sympathetic to my situation and reviewed the notes on the case. I informed her, that I had another tech come and told her what he diagnosed. She asked me to send the information to her and she would take it and get someone to review.

She told me someone would call me back within 24 hours. No call!!! So, I called and again asked to speak to a case manager, I was connected and went over the whole drama again. She reviewed the notes and said that Sears had denied the request to fix the machine. Because I called the day the warranty took effect, they concluded that it was a pre-existing condition and would not be responsible to fix or replace. BAM! Just like that after seven long weeks paying two different techs their service fees, money for laundry and wasting time on the phone and physically strained!!! WOW!

In fact, she told me the service tech should not have even come out the first time, he should have told me right then and there when I called to place the claim that it appears to be a pre-existing condition. That was Sears fault for not clarifying that. I could not help that this happened the day the warranty went into effect. I was glad we had the plan, but in the end, it created a horrible disaster! I was polite, but I did let them know, that I would be canceling the warranty and I would be placing my honest review on every site and form of media to warn people not to use Sears Warranty Plan!!! I am still waiting for my machine to be fixed, but it is more hopeful and should be done by the end of this week!!! Please pass the word along that Sears cannot be trusted!!!

Original review: July 17, 2018

I ordered a washer and dryer from Sears, but never again will I purchase from them after their behavior. After the delivery was several hours late, I called and was told that someone would arrive “by 1:30pm guaranteed.” Someone finally came at 2:50pm, but walked out of the apartment saying he was going to his truck and would be back. He lied. He never came back and instead had the receptionist call to say they had to schedule to different day. So not only did he lie to me, but I wasted the entire day sitting around for my delivery.

For some reason I agreed to the rescheduling. Same fiasco. I was given a time slot, during which nobody came. I called and was assured someone was on their way. Fast forward to 5pm (and I’ve been stuck home all day now) and this time they say they can’t come because of a warehouse issue. But they never called to tell me that— I had to call to find out.

The sheer disrespect of Sears is something I can’t fathom. They are dishonest and careless about their customer’s time. They continually made excuses on the phone and hollow apologies, but never did I feel that they were sincerely attempting to resolve the issue. I ultimately had to cancel my order, because it is impossible for me to stay at home day after day, waiting and listening to false updates. I hope they change their behavior, because this is shameful and not a sign of a respected company. Until they change, I will not be returning to Sears.

Original review: July 10, 2018

This program started off well. The service tech came out and fixed our clothes dryer and tried to fix our clothes washer (our call for service was repair on both machines). Repair tech was great. He fixed the dryer and got on his "helpline" and talked and discuss the washer problem with the "expert" on the other end. Well it turned out that our washer couldn't be fixed. Tech said we will be hearing from the warranty dept soon about our options under our plan.

About a week later we received an email stating our 2 options. (Warranty states they will replace washer with a comparable new washer, same bells and whistles.) Option #1 was to accept a check for $338.00 and go buy one ourselves. WHAT??? Has anyone seen a washer that price??? it can't be done!!! Option #2 was a GE washer which after clicking on the link given was very comparable to our old one. We immediately replied to the email that we will take option #2.

Here we are 2 weeks later and nothing. We received one phone call giving us an "eta" for our washer but nothing else. All attempts to call and find out the status were directed to the "call center" in India where all they could tell us was "our order has left their responsibility and now rest with someone else". 1st complaint: lack of communication. The warranty dept should have called us, instead of the email, and explained how the whole system works therefore eliminating all our questions. 2nd complaint: $338.00 for a new washer???

The warranty doesn't state how old your broken washer needs to be in order to get a new one. Plus to only have one new washer option is terrible. It's a "take it or leave it situation". We purchased this plan because of the reputation of Sears. But this is NOT the Sears we knew!!! DO NOT purchase this plan unless MAJOR changes are made to it. IF and when we get our new washer, we will cancel this plan and find a better one. Sears, you let us down big time!!!

Original review: July 8, 2018

Bought a LG Washer & Dryer from Sears on the July 4th. Even though the price is same as when compared to all other retailers (in store & online), bought from Sears because we moved to new house which didn't have washer/dryer and Sears was providing a earlier delivery date than others.

Called Sears Cumberland Mall Store Support Center # 770-433-7539 and placed the order with the Sears Rep over the phone (ORDER # **). After receiving the order confirmation email late evening, I tried to call Sears to correct the address since the city state and zip code was entered incorrectly (the rep entered 20068 instead of 30068), but Sears was closed so spoke to SEARS Customer Care next day morning and informed the inaccuracy. They said they will take care of it.

Later that afternoon I got a call from Sears Distribution/Dispatch department saying that when they are trying to enter the street address in the dispatch order GPS, it's coming as Marietta, GA-30068 instead of Washington, DC-20068. I said that is correct, so the rep told me that the address was never corrected/updated but she will do it then and informed me that I will be getting later that evening for a scheduled delivery/setup for next day. I NEVER GOT THE CALL. AND I DID NOT GET THE DELIVERY NEXT DAY EITHER. So when I called Sears (multiple times) I was informed that the address was never updated so the washer/dryer were in Washington warehouse and that they cannot redirect it to Georgia.

I spoke to CUSTOMER CARE, DELIVERY, SALES AND EVERY DEPARTMENT IN SEARS and nobody was able to correct the delivery address and advised me to cancel the order and re-order it. So when I canceled the order and tried to re-order them, they were sold out/out of stock with estimate on future deliver dates. So I called Sears again, so they made me buy a different model for same price with LESS FEATURES than the previous one I ordered and the delivery date is not until this month end. SHAME ON SEARS.

No wonder Sears is going Bankrupt with a service like this who will buy or recommend them. So I request/caution everyone who is looking at this post to not to buy from SEARS and if you like something in their store/online, go to any other store/retailer/online and show them the product, they will price match it and you will avoid your worst experience. If Sears has any decency, work ethics, I would like them to fix this.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I bought a Kenmore Washer/Dryer from Sears. My family have always bought appliances from Sears for the last 30 years and the appliances always lasted 20 plus years. The washer I bought nine months ago stopped working so I called Sears Customer Service. It’s irritating going thru the automated system trying to get a person on the phone and it takes a long time before you get a person. I had an appt. with Sears from 8-12 pm on Tuesday, 6/19, to see what was wrong with the washer. They were supposed to call 30 minutes before arrival. 11:45 am I called Sears to check the status.

Customer Service connected me with the 3rd party contractor, Home Pro Refrigerator & Appliances, which I initially didn't know was coming out, I thought it would be a Sears technician. He said the appt. would have to be rescheduled, he wasn't in the area, he had called the night before and left a message, which turned out to be untrue. I was scheduled for the next day at the same time after demanding to speak with someone in charge since I was told there was no supervisor or manager there.

However, a supervisor of scheduling guaranteed someone would be there the next day, now you have to take off 2 days. The next morning I get a call from Sears stating the outside contractor they used didn't want to come and they were scheduling me with a Sears technician the next day 1-5pm. Wow! They don't care how many days you have to take off or what you have going on in your life. The Sears tech said the controller board wasn't working (not even a year old); he ordered the part and it would arrive in 3 days. However, it is supposed to arrive Thurs. 6/28, a week later. They scheduled Sears technician to come out Tuesday, 7/3.

I have been without a washer for 2 1/2 weeks; Sears doesn't seem to care about my family needs, I'm glad I don't have a baby or young children I have to wash for every day. From this experience, I feel devalued as a customer. If Sears is using outside contractors for installing certain appliances and repairing warranty work, what are Sears Technicians doing? I am warning everyone not to buy appliances from Sears, this is the way you are treated. Spend your money where customers are valued.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Called Sears to get my Kenmore washer repaired. Waited almost 5 hrs. for the technician to show up. He was more interested in selling me a $600/yr. appliance warranty than fixing my washer. When I declined that overpriced package he gave me an estimate of $300 to repair my Kenmore. Again, I declined, paid a $ 99 "service" fee and couldn't get that bellicose man out of my house fast enough. Called MY APPLIANCE TECH the next day... Service fee was $45, applicable to the $189 repair, which took him 5 minutes to complete. I have plenty of Sears products in my house, but I will never, EVER call Sears service dept. again. They ought to be ashamed for treating a 94-yr old lady like that!!!

Original review: June 17, 2018

I purchased a new front loader washer from Sears 10/2016. I have had nothing but issues with this machine. I have had at least 7 repairs on it under the initial LG/Sears warranty. I had called for service again in the beginning June of 2018. The time frame is 8 am to 5 pm. I had a service man come out and told me the shocks were bad and ordered new ones. I paid $100.00 for the deductible. I had to reschedule the June 8th appointment due to not all of the parts arriving. I was to have 2 men to come due to them having to remove the drum. When I called to reschedule I was transferred 3 times and was on the phone for 55 minutes to reschedule.

My appointment last week on June 13. We were given a time frame of 8 am to 5 pm. Dan from lawn and garden came out at 4 pm, as unable to duplicate the problem told my husband who took a day off work that we did not know how to use a washing machine. Took the parts and left. After he left my husband went to put the clothes in the dryer and they were again soaking wet in appx 2 inches of water. I called when I got home from work. Again got transferred probably 4 times and spoke to a person who did not speak English or could be heard as he had a very bad phone line. I asked at least 5 times to speak to a supervisor and was told that could not be done until the report was completed.

I have asked numerous times to speak to a supervisor re: this and have not received a call back to me. I also called at the end of May to have it done. I did pay for a service call on this. I was told this is contractual dates and to check my contract. I have not found any dates in the booklet I received. I want my washer fixed I would like to speak to someone in charge and I feel that when appointments are made that you could have a smaller window for repair times like am or afternoon. Can I please have someone contact me re: this.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I do not normally post reviews, but my recent experience with Sears Repair Services in Florence, SC prompts this. My washing machine water pump started malfunctioning, so I ordered a factory part after carefully explaining the problem and checking the serial number of my machine. Then I called Sears for a repair. The technician appeared on time, came in, and touched the power button. He stated it was a pump problem. I told him I already had the necessary part, showed it to him, and he responded by telling me it was not correct. I asked him to actually look inside the machine to verify the problem. He refused. I asked him to open the machine so that I could replace the part myself. He refused. After some discussion he told me he would cancel the appointment and left. I then called another repair service who verified my part was correct and successfully repaired my machine.

Sears sent me a bill which I disputed. They insisted that I pay "The Diagnostic Fee." In my opinion, this technician did not do enough to actually make any sort of diagnosis. He apparently was going around collecting "Diagnostic Fees" rather than actually doing any repair work. I would strongly advise against using them. There are more ethical local businesses who do good work.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I ordered my dryer by online and cancelled next day. They break the promise and just say... "Wait." If you want to buy online... You will experience calling many times for refund. Never I will buy Sears. Never.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Washing machine - Still waiting for parts. Was told they be here in 2 days. It's been 8 days. Have a warranty. All I get to runaround that now it could be up to 19 days to get the part. Very unsatisfied. Non-professional. What happened with carrying Parts in your truck not to have to order it and having smoke blowing up your behind. I will never buy anything from Sears again. They audit close down.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Poor customer service and worse washer I ever purchased. I called three months after purchasing the machine and explained that the clothes we not coming out clean and smelled. I did everything the book and the service support told me and my towels still do not come out clean. I use more water and detergent because I have to wash towels for two entire cycles. They still do not smell. I clean every time I wash and clean lower filter and dry with a towel I have a permanent drain to rid the lower drain between washing in to the sump pump. I was told from the service, "well, it is the washer you picked out. Nothing we can do." Most expensive machine they had and worse machine I have ever used. Sears is not the company it once was! Horrible customer service.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I’m beyond disappointed with Sears Home Services. After purchasing a Kenmore washer 4 years ago from Sears and the 5 year warranty we scheduled a repair appointment due to a loud sound it was making. The tech ordered the parts on 5/1/2018 which arrived at our place. A second appointment was set up on 5/17/2018 for the repair to be done between 8am and 12pm. A message from Sears advising the tech was on his way and would be there shortly. I had to follow up with Sears Home Services at 2pm since the tech never arrived or contacted us about the delay. We had to reschedule for 5/31/2018. This time the tech did show up on time however advised he could not proceed with the repair because of a sliding door that needed to be removed in order for him to have the space to do the job. My wife that was home could not remove the door and the tech advised we had to reschedule again.

I was not home when the tech arrived and called their customer service number. After explaining my situation to the agent and requesting to speak to a supervisor to work out a certain time and day the agent just hung up on me. I tried having a supervisors from their online chat option call me and he advised “he could not make outgoing calls to customers”. My wife took those 2 days off of work with no pay and cannot afford a 3rd failed appointment. Now we’re scheduled to have the repair appointment in another 2 wks. At this point not having a working washer for over a month and Sears Home Services not giving a scrap about resolving this matter made me to come to a decision to end the misery. Purchase a new washer from one of their competitors and NEVER purchase anything from them again. Before I couldn’t understand why Sears was going out of business now I realize their overall customer service can be horrible. Goodbye Sears!

Original review: May 31, 2018

I called in May 14, 2018 to report washing machine not working; explained that my washer & dryer are stacked. Could not get service appt. until May 23, 2018. The repair person said he could not look at the washer because it is stacked and that he would recall the appointment to have 2 people come out. Was finally able to get appt. for May 31, 2018. On the morning of May 31, 2018, I get a call from Sears indicating that they have to reschedule, now they are telling me that they cannot come out until June 6, 2018. I have been on the phone daily for hours with Sears scheduling and the Home Warranty dept. I have explained to them repeatedly that I have been washing my underwear in my sink. My doctor is monitoring my breathing and lungs to ensure that my lung condition does not worsen from not being able to wash my clothes and bedding and my blood pressure is elevated due to the stress and I still do not have a remedy.

Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Company Information