Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers
1.04/5

Need a washer and dryer?

Sears Washers & Dryers

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

865 Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Sears appliance repair was scheduled to come to my home by my home warranty company. I took 5 hours off of work to wait for them, and they never showed up. When I called Sears to see when someone would be out, they said they had called and provided me with a number that I'd never heard of. They said the number was given to them on the work order. When I called my warranty company back, they sent me a copy of the work order, the number Sears had was not the one listed on the work order.

I even tried to speak to a supervisor, who told me she was the highest escalation manager in the company and insisted that the number she had was on the work order. When I told her I had a copy of the work order with my correct number on it, she continued to say that the warranty company gave Sears the wrong number. She was unwilling to fix the issue and send someone out. She refused to send me to a different supervisor or higher management. She refused to do anything about it. No wonder this business is going bankrupt.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I wish I would have found this site before I encountered the horrific experience with Sears. The washer and dryer were dropped off yesterday, the website was very clear that the delivery included install and haul away. When they got here they stated, "No. Just delivery." 5 hours on the phone, transferred at least 10 times, then they hung up on me. Every time I asked to speak to a manager I was passed along to someone else. I will be posting this on Facebook and any other social mediams so NO ONE has to go through this experience. I completely understand why they are going out of business. Beyond the lack of customer service every single employee lacks people skills. I WILL NEVER buy anything from Sears again. And will spread the word, this entire organization has no business serving the public.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I bought a washer from Sears and as usual bought the 5-year extended warranty given prior experience with products breaking down. (Over the years, I bought multiple fridges, washers, dryers, freezers, ovens, dishwashers, etc. from Sears and others and know how the low industry standard has become nowadays.) The washer started leaking. I called Sears and they scheduled a repair appointment. The technician came and wouldn't touch the unit after he opened it and claimed there were mice droppings inside it. I asked him if the leak is due to mice activity, and he said he didn't know but he declared the unit out of warranty (due to the claimed mice activity) and due to that, he can't do anything with it anymore. I asked him if he can find where the leak is coming from and if it is indeed due to a mouse activity that I'll happily pay for it. But if not, it should be covered by the warranty. He adamantly refused to touch the unit or do anything with it.

When I realized that he wasn't going to do anything helpful I asked him to leave. He proceeded to leave without putting the unit back together (left the unit open with wires exposed, screws all over the place). I asked him to put it back together and he still refused repeating his claim that it was out of warranty. He went on to leave and when I tried to stop him from leaving without putting the washer together, he threatened to call the police. He left and my washer is open and I'm now calling someone else to fix it. I believe that after paying hundreds of $$ in warranty, one is entitled to a better service and experience than this. I will never ever again order anything from Sears.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

First, the delivery guys weren't able to install my dryer because my vent is not round and told me to buy an adapter from Home Depot and call them back for installation which I did. I scheduled the installation 12/20 and got an automated call the night before telling me the time frame will be from 3:15 pm to 5:15 pm but then the next day I was surprised the delivery guys were already on the way to my home in 20 mins and they were hours earlier and told them I can't be with them that time because I am at work and nobody is in my house and they end up waiting till I came at 3 pm but to my surprise they told me they still can't do it for some reason which I felt they just got lazy doing their job. So lesson learned. Never buy again in Sears!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

We called for service on our washing machine. When the technician came, Jacob a very nice tech, said that the repair would cost about $500, but if we signed up for the appliance warranty at $50 a month, Sears would cut the repair cost down by 50%. We signed up for the warranty service and the Technician ordered the parts that arrived a few days later. On December 8, we called Sears to notify them that the parts were in and they said the earliest appointment time that they had was on December 18, between 8am and noon, and the tech will call us a half our earlier.

Nobody called or showed up until 2 PM, so we called the office to track down the technician and see when and if he is on his way. They said that we were his second appointment for the day and that he was on his way. After an hour we called back to let them know that no one showed up, and then they said he could make it after 5PM, and since we had a Christmas dinner engagement at night we said we could not wait for him but to have him schedule us for the next morning since he could not keep the original appointment.

They said that they had no openings in the morning but that they would have to schedule us after another TEN DAYS. Just a runaround ALL afternoon. SEARS SERVICE IS LESS THAN RELIABLE, AND THEIR WARRANTY IS A FRAUD. We now have a washing machine that still is not working, parts that we paid for and no one from Sears has been responsive or caring to service our machine per our warranty contract.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I have a leak dripping into the tub and it collected 4-5 inches of water. Because of a contract mistake the toilet was placed in front of the stacked washer and dryer. So to check for the leak - I have to have a plumber out to remove the toilet so the appliance repairman can get to the washer/dryer. The repairman felt under the lid and ran a short cycle and deemed it fixed. Well, he is an idiot (he was from A&E repair technician # **). He was here Dec. 13, 2018. On Dec. 16 - I washed a load and it still leaks. Needing a plumber and a repairman make this whole thing very expensive. I still need this fixed but hopefully the repairman no longer has a job. He did nothing for the $105 he charged. Nothing. And I am 82 and don't have the means to do this again.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I have been trying to cancel the Appliance Warranty for several months because I no longer have the washer and dryer. Every time I call I end up on the phone for hours getting transferred from one “customer service” rep to another. Worst experience I have had trying to cancel something. The customer service is terrible and it feels like I am trapped paying for a warranty on appliances I no longer have. Sears needs to do better or provide a number direct to the department that can deal with my request.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I bought a washer August 29, 2018. My neighbor told me they had water damage from it October 14th. October 26th a repairman showed up, confirmed the leak, but said he needed to order a part and that it should arrive within a week. We finally got the part December 3rd only after complaining on Sears Facebook page. We scheduled for a repairman to show up, and nobody came. On the day nobody came, I had to take off from work, I kept calling every hour after their supposed 8-12 window and only after 4pm did they say the repairman was not coming (every time before that they lied and said he was at another customers place, and on Facebook they told me he was 'sick', 2 contradictory things), too late for me to go back to work.

Now Sears seems desperate to reschedule with me, however since I have the part at least I'm going to have a local appliance guy to install it, since I don't want to risk another NO SHOW from Sears! At this point I just want a working machine. DO NOT BUY FROM SEARS. My guess is that their bankruptcy strategy is to siphon off as much $$$ from customers without delivering a service.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I would give 0 Stars if I could as Sears has been nothing but problems for my family. On October 15, 2018, I purchased a new Samsung Washer & Dryer. Once I entered credit card information and finalized my purchase, I was then told to pick a delivery date with the first available date being 11/26/18. We were advised by Sears that it had to do with Samsung having a hard time getting products into the US due to the tariffs, which makes sense. However, this should have been communicated before they processed the order and took my money as I would have ordered a different brand.

I received the automated message last night stating that someone would be here between 10:45 and 12:45 CST. At 2:00, there was still no sight of the delivery truck and I didn't receive any calls. I finally got ahold of someone with their customer service department to be told that "they forgot to load my washer and dryer onto the deliver truck and rescheduled the delivery." I was obviously very upset with them and was advised that there's nothing they can do for me "just because of a little inconvenience" and that I would have to be available again at a later date or they will end up continuing to reschedule.

I asked why I never received a phone call and they couldn't answer that. I asked if it was standard practice to not reach out to customers in this situation and they stated that they do not make phone calls in this situation unless requested. Seriously? This should be common practice. There was no apology nor do they care about anything that happens once they process your payment and collect their money. No wonder why they filed for bankruptcy with treating customers this way.

At the end of the day, I wish I would have just paid more to have better service elsewhere. I have had bad experiences with Sears in the past yet purchased through them again against my better judgment. Shame on me. If my products are not delivered on time on Thursday, I'll be calling to cancel my order and place a new order elsewhere that offers free Next Day Shipping. A couple of years ago, my mother had a terrible experience where the delivery personnel tore holes in her freshly finished walls from carrying the appliances through her house. What did Sears offer? $100 worth of Sears points and stopped responding to her emails and phone calls.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I have been through hell and back with an LG washing machine. I made the stupid mistake of purchasing from Sears (with 3 year extended warranty). Firstly it broke 4 months after purchase so that gives you an idea of the quality. I call Sears instantly because we are a young family with no laundromat close by and I am already feeling the panic of having no washing machine. I figure it should only be a few days or a week max surely and I can get through that. The first available service appointment is in 6 weeks they tell me.

Fast forward 6 terrible weeks of not being able to wash and the technician gets here. Finally it is getting repaired! He says, "Oh I need a part. The gasket is broken. It will arrive in 3 days but I can't come back and install it for wait for it SIX WEEKS." The part arrives and it is not a gasket but a hose. I call Sears 3 times and explain the wrong part was delivered and they refuse to do anything about it.

The technician arrives back again 6 weeks later (3 months after it broke) and he says, "This is the wrong part." I say, "I know and I called multiple times to tell them that." He says, "Oh well I will order the right part, but it might arrive wrong again, and then I will come back to install it in" yes you guessed it another six weeks. I called Sears seriously upset (my 10th call at least) and virtually in tears and no apology and downright aggressive service as per usual.

I have given up. I am throwing this machine away and buying another one from another company. I can't do another wrong part and another 6 weeks waiting. They have officially broken my spirit. I wasted $900 and hours on the phone and months of my life begging to wash at my friends' houses and paying a fortune in laundry costs. PLEASE PLEASE HEED MY ADVICE AND NEVER GIVE THEM A CENT. They are dishonest, unethical, unavailable, incompetent at doing their jobs and their bankruptcy cannot come soon enough. I have never in my life experienced anything like this service wise. They are entirely convinced they have done nothing wrong in this situation which gives you an idea of the level of delusion you will be dealing with.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I purchased a Kenmore Washer/Dryer combo about the end of September. I have had nothing but trouble with the dryer. It runs for about 5 minutes then shuts off and says I need to clean the lint trap. There's nothing in the lint trap. I called customer service to get someone to look at it. No one called or showed up. I called again last Friday and got someone on the phone that I could barely understand. Long story short, after a about an hour, I told the guy I wanted to speak with his supervisor. He put me on hold for like 10 minutes, came back on the line and said the supervisor was busy and would call me back "within the next 2 hours". Well, it's Monday and still no callback.

I called this morning and got 5 more people I could barely understand, first because they ain't from around here, and second because they sounded like they had a mouthful of cotton. Everything was muffled. I was transferred to 6 different departments, none of whom could help me. I have to wait until December 4th, before a repairman can get here. I told them that was unacceptable. I asked if they were going to reimburse me for taking my clothes to laundromat to dry them. "Well no, we don't do that." Ok then I'll get a local repairman to look at it an send you the bill. "Well, we can't do that either. If you do that, it voids the warranty." So I'm sitting here with a new washer/dryer combo that I'm afraid to use for fear it could start fire, and 4 baskets of dirty laundry. I will never purchase ANYTHING from Sears or Kenmore again. Terrible customer service and your warranty does nothing for you.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Scheduled a repair visit for my washing machine. It took two weeks and three appointment tries, (the Sears representative didn't enter the service repair order into the computer correctly) to get a "technician" to my house. It took over three hours (with two of them as the technician sat in his truck trying to get his computer to accept my credit card). Two days later the machine broke down again. Rescheduled a visit, and again after a four day wait, no technician showed up. Called Sears and got the run around, told it was entered wrong, again, by the service representative, hung up on three times and after one and a half hours was told I would receive a call back with in two hours. I'm still waiting several days later. Worst service I have ever encountered. With Sears going bankrupt probably won't have to worry about them anymore. My contract is up in one month but I am surely going to CANCEL it anyway.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I leased a TV online, within two weeks half of the TV blackout. Contact them and have the TV return or exchange. They can’t exchange it. I have to get a new lease for another TV, when the old TV has been returned they will refund the money for the weeks that I have been paid. After two months never got a phone call or email about this matter. Keep calling them and I either get an "it-still-pending" or "the manager is not in". This morning after two hours and they said the vendor that associated with Sears online said that I returned the wrong TV.

So my only options are keep paying for it 'til I can afford to pay out the lease or pay it off now. So I asked Sears about the vendor information so I can contact them and have them send the TV back, but sears replied that they don’t have the vendor information. I’m beyond mad, what kind of business is this? So I will have to pay for the TV that I don’t have or have bad credit on my credit report. What am I going to do? Can anyone help me? I’m living in Louisville Kentucky.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Worthless piece of garbage. I'm not sure of the model on this one, owned it about 4 years. Large tub high efficiency w/out agitator purchased from Sears. I have never ever written a review of anything in my life but I had to vent somewhere besides just screaming into the empty washing machine. My clothes would get cleaner if I took them to the river and beat them on a rock. DO NOT BUY!!!!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I bought the 5 years warranty plan from Sears when I purchased my washer/Dryer. My washer recently go bad. Call Sears to request service. Technician came and said he need to order the part. One weekend later and no update, so I call him back. He said he will call me back for update info. He never did. So I call again. He never answer his phone. I then wait for another week, and call Home back. He said the part is still not come yet. Then 4 weeks after the initial breakdown date, Sears sent me a appointment date for the repair. I thought that was it, but no one show up on the date. Call Sears and they said that that is not coordinated with their provider. It has been 5 weeks now and my washer have not been repair yet. Their provide is ** and rude. I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM SEARS AGAIN. They can go under for all I care .

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I originally scheduled Sears to service my Samsung washing machine on Aug 24 2018. The technician arrived on time and said he needed to order parts for the repairs. It is now September 26, 2018 and I still have not received my parts. I have made six or seven calls to Sears home warranty, service and parts only to be handed off to people that have NO ANSWERS and provide the same information. "Supervisor" call backs (if you get one) also provide no info or details of ANY ACTIONS they are taking to get the parts to my home.

During one of the calls I was told to expect the parts to take 21 business days to be delivered. It has now been 26 business days and I made another call (call number 7 I believe) to follow up. Sears still had NO information or details of actions taken by Sears to get the parts. I was put on hold for 30 minutes while he tried to hand me off to a "supervisor". Finally he came back on the line and said he was unable to reach a "supervisor" and they would call me back in 24 - 48 hours. If you want a complete runaround, lack of information, deal with useless call centers, over and over and over again Sears is the company for you.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I have a Sears service policy on my washer. I had a service call on 9/5/18 said the part is not made anymore and they would research all of the world to find a part. Next 10 days no washer. After 3 weeks then they said they would re-build the part. Waited 3 weeks service man comes, says the part cannot be rebuilt.

Serviceman then says they will put the part in research again and try to find the part for two weeks. I have been 6 weeks with no part. My policy says that if within 21 days they cannot fix the appliance then they will give me a voucher for a new washer. They will not. They continue to cancel repair appointments in their system so the 21 days will not accumulate!! Do not buy from Sears or A&E service repair (same company). They do not honor their service agreements after they get your money. Bad company and bad customer service.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I am having a very poor experience. Sep 9th - walked into store and purchased floor model washer dryer, said they couldn't deliver until the 20th - seemed like a long time, but ok. Sep 20th - delivery missed the window, and then I got a call saying the truck was too large for my street and I would need to reschedule. Sep 21st - called to reschedule and was directed to call Sears directly. Left a message with Sears and did not hear back. Sep 22 - receive call to reschedule. Reschedule delivery for the 24th and made a note that we need a small truck.

Sep 23rd - receive delivery window, and speak with delivery team to ensure they are using a small truck - they make a note on the account. Sep 24th - delivery says they can't fit down the street because they have a big truck. Delivery team calls and says they don't ever deliver with small trucks b/c they don't have any. They suggest I contact the Sears store. I explain that I went through this cycle, and they explain that until the Sears store answers me and manually updates the account, I will continue to get calls from their company about rescheduling the delivery and they will continually dispatch a truck unsuccessfully. Seems like a broken system?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

We bought a washing machine from Sears that was not functioning well shortly after we bought it. We called a technician, who came and told us some suggestions, and then left. The suggestions didn’t work, so we called customer service again. At this point they said it’s past returns. They also said the service ticket was “cancelled” for some reason, which meant they needed to start the service process again just because it wasn’t recorded. That is your system's fault (or the technician not properly recording it), not our fault. So don’t make us suffer and have to go through your crappy technicians again for that. Then they told me there’s an error with submitting service tickets, so I have to wait again.

Also, their customer service skills are terrible. The lady I spoke to got upset easily first time. The second time the lady was more level headed, but heard things wrong even when I am saying “washing machine” as articulate as I can, and she thought I said dishwasher. I told them we are frustrated at this point. They said it’s not a problem about patience because I was interrupting them. Honestly, as customers I thought they would treat us with better respect, especially if they consider how we have been calling them all the time trying to get it fixed. We did not feel valued at all. Better take your money elsewhere.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Placed a service call on their website on Thursday for a scheduled dryer repair on Monday. Service tech comes out. I tell him the dryer is making odd rumbling noises but it is working fine. He opens it up. Tells me that a mechanism connected to the motor shaft is broken. Needs whole new motor. $614.00 not really worth it to repair it. But it still works fine. So I said I'll use it that way until it totally breaks down. Still it could last a long time. He agreed. He puts it back together. Charges me for the service call and leaves. Two hours later I go to use the dryer and it won't work at all. Called the number on my bill and I get Indonesia. She says, "Someone will call you back in an hour." 3 hours go by. No response. I call back again. "Someone will call you back in 24 hours." I wait 24 hours. No call. I call back and complain a third time. "Someone will call back in 24 hours" she said. No call back for 3 days since the repairman completely broke my dryer.

Now I have to outsmart them. I say I need to place a new service call. Now a new service order is placed to come out to repair OR reconnect what they screwed up the first time. All I get from these people are new emails for 5% off a new dryer at Sears. I will complain to the State of Michigan. I have been in the electrical service industry for 35 years retired. I could fix it my self but I now am handicapped & disabled. Nothing like taking advantage of disabled people. I can't dry my clothes, I am hung out to dry by these people who broke my dryer permanently. No return phone call now for 4 days after I called them back 5 times in two days. They just won't return my call.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I agreed to pay the $99 service fee- The tech came briefly and said he had never heard of the D90 error code- that is a basic error code that anyone can Google. He then left- no follow up resolution made despite me calling several times. They told me they would not refund because someone came to my house. I asked if anyone could work for them and say they are a service tech and they could charge every customer thinking they may get a diagnosis- they said yes. I will never call or buy another appliance from Sears again, and now I have to create a chargeback with my card company.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Purchased washer/dryer from Sears Store. Delivered wrong dryer. Delivered SECOND wrong dryer. Was told to go into store and repurchase correct dryer. I said I also wished to return washer. Washer was returned. Received partial refund. Was told I needed to verify merchandise picked up by warehouse. Was told money had been credited to my account. I have no record of this. Verified with bank. Told them they must have deposited into a different account. Said they would investigate. Received email telling me to go to store. Sears still owes me $862.17. THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR OVER 6 WEEKS AND 20 phone calls on my part. THIS IS THE CONDENSED report of what has happened. I am out a HUGE amount of money and I'm not sure how to proceed.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I made a in store purchase of a washer and dryer. Left the store and went to competitor and found $500.00 cheaper. Called Sears and canceled my order. Here it is 12 days later and still no refund of my cash. This was not a credit purchase. I called customer service. Was told 7 days no refund then told 10 days. No refund. I called in and was hung up on. I call back and was told again it takes 7-10 days. Purchase was made on the 18th. Today is the 31st. I believe we are beyond 7 and 10 days. With issues like these I can see why so many of the beloved stores are having to close the doors and Kmart is doing the same. Poor customer service will kill business.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I only gave it 1 star because it was required to leave a review. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE customer service. I purchased 5 Years I’m home master protection plan for my Kenmore series 600 which was only purchased one year ago. Only for it to mess up exactly a year later. I called July 30 regarding my washer not wanting to turn on anymore and when it did it acted weird. The door would stay locked and it would say my load was complete when it never released the water, anywho I was scheduled until August 16th from (1-5). Well the technician never showed up to my house but I received a text at 4:50 asking me to rate my tech on a scale from 1-5 with 5 being the best.

I was appalled and contacted customer service. They gave me a run around saying, "Oh no. He said he services your Washer," then another said he wrote on his notes that I wasn’t home and the final rep said the last update they had was at 4:23 saying in route to appointment. They said they were unable to schedule me until August 24!!! Which is one whole week from now and 1 day which will leave me with a month without a washer.

I live 1 hr from the city. I have to waste gas money and money on a laundry mat all because Sears has horrible horrible customer service. They have you speak to someone from India or some Asian country where they aren’t compassionate and you can barely understand what they say. I would NEVER EVER recommend Sears to anyone. People do yourself a favor and don’t purchase anything from Sears. Their 300 Master protection plan means nothing to these greedy people.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I have used Sears repair in the past and had no issues. I recently purchased the home Warranty and the service became horrible. I have a stackable washer and needed the motherboard replaced. The technicians were late, and INCREDIBLY rude. They had to remove the dryer to repair the top of the dryer. After they completed the repair they called me up to show me a fist sized hole in the top of my dryer. It looked like they dropped a tool through the dryer. They tried to say the hole was already there, but there was dust on top of the dryer but none on the internal parts. After having to reschedule 2 times since my appointment continued to get magically canceled, they sent a technician out to take pictures and order the part. His information somehow also was deleted in the system and I had to call the insurance company for Sears directly to have the part ordered and submit a claim.

Sears then called me to send a technician out to take pictures and order the part, and I advised them that had already been done and that I had all of the info on the receipt. They didn't believe me since it was not in the system, but I read them the model and technician info and they advised that the part was on its way. Then the part was not shipped to my house so I called Sears to let them know and they advised the technician would have the part. Technician arrived and surprise NO PART. Had to reschedule AGAIN. I would say that mismanagement, and lack of internal processes will be the downfall which is why the stock is under 2 bucks right now. Good luck folks.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I have called Sears multiple times only to become increasingly frustrated with their lack of concern for safety or customer service. All they seem to care about is not losing money. My husband and I bought a Kenmore Elite dryer (71632) from the Sears department store in Ventura in April. Over time it began burning a plastic imprint in the exact pattern of the exhaust vent on to our clothes. We requested a replacement so they sent a technician who said there was a dent which might be causing a defective machine and a replacement was sent. Our replacement dryer was delivered in May. We decided to run the dryer on medium heat with smaller loads and never with synthetic blankets at the suggestion of the technician who came out initially. Since this time the exhaust vent has again become progressively discolored and has again began burning a plastic imprint on to our clothing.

I called Sears and they sent a technician out to our house this week who told me that the discoloration was normal and reiterated multiple times "it would be impossible" for him to get me a new dryer. I have made many attempts to you reconcile this issue including a credit for a different type of dryer but have been very unsuccessful with multiple Sears departments - the ‭(800) 549-4505‬ line. I've been told many times that my agreement at the time of purchase does not cover replacement after the 30 day window and that since the technician determined the machine should be in "perfect working order" this will also prevent me from getting a new dryer. To this I replied I believe when a new dryer burns your clothing I think the old agreement is a moot point.

Not only do I believe a different model dryer to replace existing one is in order but most importantly I want Sears and Kenmore to be aware this product is dangerous. I feel the safety of my children left at home with the nanny or even while we might be drying clothing while asleep is at risk. This is unacceptable. I included a few photos of the only article of clothing I didn't throw away as it is my favorite robe and the plastic burned on the outside instead of the inside. I also included a photo of the vent after the vent began to discolor.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Ordered a washer for delivery August 7. They gave me a time frame in the afternoon. (1-3). At 2:30, they called to tell me they couldn't deliver. I asked for the next morning. They pushed it out two more days. No wonder this company is going out of business!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Elite Front-Loading Automatic Washer. We have been putting up with this and finally decided to say something. It has to be the washer, have matching dryer, don't think the dryer would do this. It is weird, the holes are all basically in the same place in each garment. Can't count how many shirts have gotten holes. I bought two of one blouse because it was so nice and after the first wash it had a hole. I can only wear them at home now. I have now begun putting my shirts/blouses in mesh bags and on low spin. It seems to help but my clothes will never be the same. It washes well but I do have some mold issues as well and am unsure how to clean them.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Shame on me for not fully reviewing the Sears Maintenance Agreement. Had my Kenmore washer serviced in April 2018. They talked me into doing the maintenance agreement for $49.95 per month for 1 year, and it would cover all my appliances! Little did I know that I would have to pay $75.00 copay each time per service call... and not all parts/repairs are covered. How is that any different than if I didn't have the service agreement to begin with.

I was told verbally that if it were deemed that the appliance was not repairable that they would give me a brand new appliances up to $10,000. Wow sounds too good to be true... you're right. Any appliance is repairable it just depends on how much you the consumer (not Sears) are willing to spend. By the time I am done paying for my maintenance agreement, the service call and the non covered parts; I could have bought myself a brand new washer!!! My advice is: Don't buy your appliances from Sears and definitely do not ever buy the maintenance agreement! Rip off!!!

Original review: July 19, 2018

We purchased a Sears Warranty plan to cover our appliances to avoid headaches of repair costs. As soon as the plan went into effect, our washing machine started leaking water from the bottom. I called Sears and they recognized us in their system and sent out a service tech the next day. This guy drove up in an SUV BMW, looked to be about 21 or 22 and had only a screwdriver in his hand. He did have a work order in his hand, so he was a vendor of Sears. He took a look at the washing machine, did not really do much and concluded that the pipe was faulty and he would recommend Sears to order the part and soon as it was shipped to them they would give me a call and fix the issue. Great! Progress was being made.

A couple of weeks went by and I gave a call into Sears, their answer their research team was searching for the part so it could take 7-10 days. Okay, I waited and then after a few days, called again and was informed that the part was ordered on June 14th and the tech received the part on June 19th. I called the service company to confirm that they had the part and wanted to schedule an appointment for them to come and fix. They said they were backed up and then they were going to be closed for training and could not give me a date to come out. I called Sears and let them know the response I was getting from the service tech.

They reached out to them too, and either could not get a hold of anyone or the mailbox was full. This continued on for a few days. Sears kept giving me the usual, "We will contact you within 24 hours" and of course, no one bothered to call me back. I searched online to follow if any updates were being added to my account. The account still said service company was waiting for parts. This was not true, they had the part. Finally, on June 26th, I spoke to someone at the service company and she said the earliest they could come was July 9th. I maintained my patience and tried to be understanding, realizing that things happen. I waited for a phone call before the scheduled appointment to remind me and alert of the time they would show up. I called that Friday before and could not get a hold of anyone.

All mailboxes were full and no one was picking up the phone. I contacted Sears, they too, experienced the same problem, even with their internal connections, they could not connect with the vendor. Sears kept telling me they were escalating the issue and they would work to resolve the situation. July 9th came and went, there was no call from the service tech and no one showed up! There was someone at home all day, so they couldn't say we were not at home. I had to get the oil changed at Sears auto center, so as I waited, I spoke to the manager there and explained the problem I was having. This was not his issue, but he took it upon himself to call the warranty company and spoke to a rep as well as a supervisor in front of me. He experienced and was given the same response I had received.

This was really too much!!! By now, I had been hauling laundry to the laundromat for six weeks, lifting baskets clothes and wet ones are heavy, bringing them home to dry. I spent money that cut into my budget and on top of that my monthly fee to have the warranty. I was getting nowhere. I had guests arriving and I finally decided that I would have to find someone else. Sears would not assign the job to anyone, because the service tech had the part and was supposed to complete the job. I called someone and he came out in two days. I told him what the tech had detected and gave him the part #. He came with the part in hand ready to fix the machine.

This guy came in a marked van, with a complete toolkit! He got down on the floor and looked under the machine and informed me that the previous tech had misdiagnosed the issue. What I would need was a transmission!!! He could fix it but would need to order the part and it was by no means cheap. I explained my situation with Sears to him and told him I would call Sears and see if he fixed it they would cover the cost. I called Sears and actually got connected with a case manager. She seemed sympathetic to my situation and reviewed the notes on the case. I informed her, that I had another tech come and told her what he diagnosed. She asked me to send the information to her and she would take it and get someone to review.

She told me someone would call me back within 24 hours. No call!!! So, I called and again asked to speak to a case manager, I was connected and went over the whole drama again. She reviewed the notes and said that Sears had denied the request to fix the machine. Because I called the day the warranty took effect, they concluded that it was a pre-existing condition and would not be responsible to fix or replace. BAM! Just like that after seven long weeks paying two different techs their service fees, money for laundry and wasting time on the phone and physically strained!!! WOW!

In fact, she told me the service tech should not have even come out the first time, he should have told me right then and there when I called to place the claim that it appears to be a pre-existing condition. That was Sears fault for not clarifying that. I could not help that this happened the day the warranty went into effect. I was glad we had the plan, but in the end, it created a horrible disaster! I was polite, but I did let them know, that I would be canceling the warranty and I would be placing my honest review on every site and form of media to warn people not to use Sears Warranty Plan!!! I am still waiting for my machine to be fixed, but it is more hopeful and should be done by the end of this week!!! Please pass the word along that Sears cannot be trusted!!!

Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Company Information