Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers
1.05/5
Based on 95 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a washer and dryer?

Sears Washers & Dryers

841 Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I have used Sears repair in the past and had no issues. I recently purchased the home Warranty and the service became horrible. I have a stackable washer and needed the motherboard replaced. The technicians were late, and INCREDIBLY rude. They had to remove the dryer to repair the top of the dryer. After they completed the repair they called me up to show me a fist sized hole in the top of my dryer. It looked like they dropped a tool through the dryer. They tried to say the hole was already there, but there was dust on top of the dryer but none on the internal parts. After having to reschedule 2 times since my appointment continued to get magically canceled, they sent a technician out to take pictures and order the part. His information somehow also was deleted in the system and I had to call the insurance company for Sears directly to have the part ordered and submit a claim.

Sears then called me to send a technician out to take pictures and order the part, and I advised them that had already been done and that I had all of the info on the receipt. They didn't believe me since it was not in the system, but I read them the model and technician info and they advised that the part was on its way. Then the part was not shipped to my house so I called Sears to let them know and they advised the technician would have the part. Technician arrived and surprise NO PART. Had to reschedule AGAIN. I would say that mismanagement, and lack of internal processes will be the downfall which is why the stock is under 2 bucks right now. Good luck folks.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I have called Sears multiple times only to become increasingly frustrated with their lack of concern for safety or customer service. All they seem to care about is not losing money. My husband and I bought a Kenmore Elite dryer (71632) from the Sears department store in Ventura in April. Over time it began burning a plastic imprint in the exact pattern of the exhaust vent on to our clothes. We requested a replacement so they sent a technician who said there was a dent which might be causing a defective machine and a replacement was sent. Our replacement dryer was delivered in May. We decided to run the dryer on medium heat with smaller loads and never with synthetic blankets at the suggestion of the technician who came out initially. Since this time the exhaust vent has again become progressively discolored and has again began burning a plastic imprint on to our clothing.

I called Sears and they sent a technician out to our house this week who told me that the discoloration was normal and reiterated multiple times "it would be impossible" for him to get me a new dryer. I have made many attempts to you reconcile this issue including a credit for a different type of dryer but have been very unsuccessful with multiple Sears departments - the ‭(800) 549-4505‬ line. I've been told many times that my agreement at the time of purchase does not cover replacement after the 30 day window and that since the technician determined the machine should be in "perfect working order" this will also prevent me from getting a new dryer. To this I replied I believe when a new dryer burns your clothing I think the old agreement is a moot point.

Not only do I believe a different model dryer to replace existing one is in order but most importantly I want Sears and Kenmore to be aware this product is dangerous. I feel the safety of my children left at home with the nanny or even while we might be drying clothing while asleep is at risk. This is unacceptable. I included a few photos of the only article of clothing I didn't throw away as it is my favorite robe and the plastic burned on the outside instead of the inside. I also included a photo of the vent after the vent began to discolor.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Ordered a washer for delivery August 7. They gave me a time frame in the afternoon. (1-3). At 2:30, they called to tell me they couldn't deliver. I asked for the next morning. They pushed it out two more days. No wonder this company is going out of business!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Elite Front-Loading Automatic Washer. We have been putting up with this and finally decided to say something. It has to be the washer, have matching dryer, don't think the dryer would do this. It is weird, the holes are all basically in the same place in each garment. Can't count how many shirts have gotten holes. I bought two of one blouse because it was so nice and after the first wash it had a hole. I can only wear them at home now. I have now begun putting my shirts/blouses in mesh bags and on low spin. It seems to help but my clothes will never be the same. It washes well but I do have some mold issues as well and am unsure how to clean them.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Shame on me for not fully reviewing the Sears Maintenance Agreement. Had my Kenmore washer serviced in April 2018. They talked me into doing the maintenance agreement for $49.95 per month for 1 year, and it would cover all my appliances! Little did I know that I would have to pay $75.00 copay each time per service call... and not all parts/repairs are covered. How is that any different than if I didn't have the service agreement to begin with.

I was told verbally that if it were deemed that the appliance was not repairable that they would give me a brand new appliances up to $10,000. Wow sounds too good to be true... you're right. Any appliance is repairable it just depends on how much you the consumer (not Sears) are willing to spend. By the time I am done paying for my maintenance agreement, the service call and the non covered parts; I could have bought myself a brand new washer!!! My advice is: Don't buy your appliances from Sears and definitely do not ever buy the maintenance agreement! Rip off!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: July 19, 2018

We purchased a Sears Warranty plan to cover our appliances to avoid headaches of repair costs. As soon as the plan went into effect, our washing machine started leaking water from the bottom. I called Sears and they recognized us in their system and sent out a service tech the next day. This guy drove up in an SUV BMW, looked to be about 21 or 22 and had only a screwdriver in his hand. He did have a work order in his hand, so he was a vendor of Sears. He took a look at the washing machine, did not really do much and concluded that the pipe was faulty and he would recommend Sears to order the part and soon as it was shipped to them they would give me a call and fix the issue. Great! Progress was being made.

A couple of weeks went by and I gave a call into Sears, their answer their research team was searching for the part so it could take 7-10 days. Okay, I waited and then after a few days, called again and was informed that the part was ordered on June 14th and the tech received the part on June 19th. I called the service company to confirm that they had the part and wanted to schedule an appointment for them to come and fix. They said they were backed up and then they were going to be closed for training and could not give me a date to come out. I called Sears and let them know the response I was getting from the service tech.

They reached out to them too, and either could not get a hold of anyone or the mailbox was full. This continued on for a few days. Sears kept giving me the usual, "We will contact you within 24 hours" and of course, no one bothered to call me back. I searched online to follow if any updates were being added to my account. The account still said service company was waiting for parts. This was not true, they had the part. Finally, on June 26th, I spoke to someone at the service company and she said the earliest they could come was July 9th. I maintained my patience and tried to be understanding, realizing that things happen. I waited for a phone call before the scheduled appointment to remind me and alert of the time they would show up. I called that Friday before and could not get a hold of anyone.

All mailboxes were full and no one was picking up the phone. I contacted Sears, they too, experienced the same problem, even with their internal connections, they could not connect with the vendor. Sears kept telling me they were escalating the issue and they would work to resolve the situation. July 9th came and went, there was no call from the service tech and no one showed up! There was someone at home all day, so they couldn't say we were not at home. I had to get the oil changed at Sears auto center, so as I waited, I spoke to the manager there and explained the problem I was having. This was not his issue, but he took it upon himself to call the warranty company and spoke to a rep as well as a supervisor in front of me. He experienced and was given the same response I had received.

This was really too much!!! By now, I had been hauling laundry to the laundromat for six weeks, lifting baskets clothes and wet ones are heavy, bringing them home to dry. I spent money that cut into my budget and on top of that my monthly fee to have the warranty. I was getting nowhere. I had guests arriving and I finally decided that I would have to find someone else. Sears would not assign the job to anyone, because the service tech had the part and was supposed to complete the job. I called someone and he came out in two days. I told him what the tech had detected and gave him the part #. He came with the part in hand ready to fix the machine.

This guy came in a marked van, with a complete toolkit! He got down on the floor and looked under the machine and informed me that the previous tech had misdiagnosed the issue. What I would need was a transmission!!! He could fix it but would need to order the part and it was by no means cheap. I explained my situation with Sears to him and told him I would call Sears and see if he fixed it they would cover the cost. I called Sears and actually got connected with a case manager. She seemed sympathetic to my situation and reviewed the notes on the case. I informed her, that I had another tech come and told her what he diagnosed. She asked me to send the information to her and she would take it and get someone to review.

She told me someone would call me back within 24 hours. No call!!! So, I called and again asked to speak to a case manager, I was connected and went over the whole drama again. She reviewed the notes and said that Sears had denied the request to fix the machine. Because I called the day the warranty took effect, they concluded that it was a pre-existing condition and would not be responsible to fix or replace. BAM! Just like that after seven long weeks paying two different techs their service fees, money for laundry and wasting time on the phone and physically strained!!! WOW!

In fact, she told me the service tech should not have even come out the first time, he should have told me right then and there when I called to place the claim that it appears to be a pre-existing condition. That was Sears fault for not clarifying that. I could not help that this happened the day the warranty went into effect. I was glad we had the plan, but in the end, it created a horrible disaster! I was polite, but I did let them know, that I would be canceling the warranty and I would be placing my honest review on every site and form of media to warn people not to use Sears Warranty Plan!!! I am still waiting for my machine to be fixed, but it is more hopeful and should be done by the end of this week!!! Please pass the word along that Sears cannot be trusted!!!

Original review: July 17, 2018

I ordered a washer and dryer from Sears, but never again will I purchase from them after their behavior. After the delivery was several hours late, I called and was told that someone would arrive “by 1:30pm guaranteed.” Someone finally came at 2:50pm, but walked out of the apartment saying he was going to his truck and would be back. He lied. He never came back and instead had the receptionist call to say they had to schedule to different day. So not only did he lie to me, but I wasted the entire day sitting around for my delivery.

For some reason I agreed to the rescheduling. Same fiasco. I was given a time slot, during which nobody came. I called and was assured someone was on their way. Fast forward to 5pm (and I’ve been stuck home all day now) and this time they say they can’t come because of a warehouse issue. But they never called to tell me that— I had to call to find out.

The sheer disrespect of Sears is something I can’t fathom. They are dishonest and careless about their customer’s time. They continually made excuses on the phone and hollow apologies, but never did I feel that they were sincerely attempting to resolve the issue. I ultimately had to cancel my order, because it is impossible for me to stay at home day after day, waiting and listening to false updates. I hope they change their behavior, because this is shameful and not a sign of a respected company. Until they change, I will not be returning to Sears.

Original review: July 10, 2018

This program started off well. The service tech came out and fixed our clothes dryer and tried to fix our clothes washer (our call for service was repair on both machines). Repair tech was great. He fixed the dryer and got on his "helpline" and talked and discuss the washer problem with the "expert" on the other end. Well it turned out that our washer couldn't be fixed. Tech said we will be hearing from the warranty dept soon about our options under our plan.

About a week later we received an email stating our 2 options. (Warranty states they will replace washer with a comparable new washer, same bells and whistles.) Option #1 was to accept a check for $338.00 and go buy one ourselves. WHAT??? Has anyone seen a washer that price??? it can't be done!!! Option #2 was a GE washer which after clicking on the link given was very comparable to our old one. We immediately replied to the email that we will take option #2.

Here we are 2 weeks later and nothing. We received one phone call giving us an "eta" for our washer but nothing else. All attempts to call and find out the status were directed to the "call center" in India where all they could tell us was "our order has left their responsibility and now rest with someone else". 1st complaint: lack of communication. The warranty dept should have called us, instead of the email, and explained how the whole system works therefore eliminating all our questions. 2nd complaint: $338.00 for a new washer???

The warranty doesn't state how old your broken washer needs to be in order to get a new one. Plus to only have one new washer option is terrible. It's a "take it or leave it situation". We purchased this plan because of the reputation of Sears. But this is NOT the Sears we knew!!! DO NOT purchase this plan unless MAJOR changes are made to it. IF and when we get our new washer, we will cancel this plan and find a better one. Sears, you let us down big time!!!

Original review: July 8, 2018 Bought a LG Washer & Dryer from Sears on the July 4th. Even though the price is same as when compared to all other retailers (in store & online), bought from Sears because we moved to new house which didn't have washer/dryer and Sears was providing a earlier delivery date than others.

Called Sears Cumberland Mall Store Support Center # 770-433-7539 and placed the order with the Sears Rep over the phone (ORDER # **). After receiving the order confirmation email late evening, I tried to call Sears to correct the address since the city state and zip code was entered incorrectly (the rep entered 20068 instead of 30068), but Sears was closed so spoke to SEARS Customer Care next day morning and informed the inaccuracy. They said they will take care of it.

Later that afternoon I got a call from Sears Distribution/Dispatch department saying that when they are trying to enter the street address in the dispatch order GPS, it's coming as Marietta, GA-30068 instead of Washington, DC-20068. I said that is correct, so the rep told me that the address was never corrected/updated but she will do it then and informed me that I will be getting later that evening for a scheduled delivery/setup for next day. I NEVER GOT THE CALL. AND I DID NOT GET THE DELIVERY NEXT DAY EITHER. So when I called Sears (multiple times) I was informed that the address was never updated so the washer/dryer were in Washington warehouse and that they cannot redirect it to Georgia.

I spoke to CUSTOMER CARE, DELIVERY, SALES AND EVERY DEPARTMENT IN SEARS and nobody was able to correct the delivery address and advised me to cancel the order and re-order it. So when I canceled the order and tried to re-order them, they were sold out/out of stock with estimate on future deliver dates. So I called Sears again, so they made me buy a different model for same price with LESS FEATURES than the previous one I ordered and the delivery date is not until this month end. SHAME ON SEARS.

No wonder Sears is going Bankrupt with a service like this who will buy or recommend them. So I request/caution everyone who is looking at this post to not to buy from SEARS and if you like something in their store/online, go to any other store/retailer/online and show them the product, they will price match it and you will avoid your worst experience. If Sears has any decency, work ethics, I would like them to fix this.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I bought a Kenmore Washer/Dryer from Sears. My family have always bought appliances from Sears for the last 30 years and the appliances always lasted 20 plus years. The washer I bought nine months ago stopped working so I called Sears Customer Service. It’s irritating going thru the automated system trying to get a person on the phone and it takes a long time before you get a person. I had an appt. with Sears from 8-12 pm on Tuesday, 6/19, to see what was wrong with the washer. They were supposed to call 30 minutes before arrival. 11:45 am I called Sears to check the status.

Customer Service connected me with the 3rd party contractor, Home Pro Refrigerator & Appliances, which I initially didn't know was coming out, I thought it would be a Sears technician. He said the appt. would have to be rescheduled, he wasn't in the area, he had called the night before and left a message, which turned out to be untrue. I was scheduled for the next day at the same time after demanding to speak with someone in charge since I was told there was no supervisor or manager there.

However, a supervisor of scheduling guaranteed someone would be there the next day, now you have to take off 2 days. The next morning I get a call from Sears stating the outside contractor they used didn't want to come and they were scheduling me with a Sears technician the next day 1-5pm. Wow! They don't care how many days you have to take off or what you have going on in your life. The Sears tech said the controller board wasn't working (not even a year old); he ordered the part and it would arrive in 3 days. However, it is supposed to arrive Thurs. 6/28, a week later. They scheduled Sears technician to come out Tuesday, 7/3.

I have been without a washer for 2 1/2 weeks; Sears doesn't seem to care about my family needs, I'm glad I don't have a baby or young children I have to wash for every day. From this experience, I feel devalued as a customer. If Sears is using outside contractors for installing certain appliances and repairing warranty work, what are Sears Technicians doing? I am warning everyone not to buy appliances from Sears, this is the way you are treated. Spend your money where customers are valued.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Called Sears to get my Kenmore washer repaired. Waited almost 5 hrs. for the technician to show up. He was more interested in selling me a $600/yr. appliance warranty than fixing my washer. When I declined that overpriced package he gave me an estimate of $300 to repair my Kenmore. Again, I declined, paid a $ 99 "service" fee and couldn't get that bellicose man out of my house fast enough. Called MY APPLIANCE TECH the next day... Service fee was $45, applicable to the $189 repair, which took him 5 minutes to complete. I have plenty of Sears products in my house, but I will never, EVER call Sears service dept. again. They ought to be ashamed for treating a 94-yr old lady like that!!!

Original review: June 17, 2018

I purchased a new front loader washer from Sears 10/2016. I have had nothing but issues with this machine. I have had at least 7 repairs on it under the initial LG/Sears warranty. I had called for service again in the beginning June of 2018. The time frame is 8 am to 5 pm. I had a service man come out and told me the shocks were bad and ordered new ones. I paid $100.00 for the deductible. I had to reschedule the June 8th appointment due to not all of the parts arriving. I was to have 2 men to come due to them having to remove the drum. When I called to reschedule I was transferred 3 times and was on the phone for 55 minutes to reschedule.

My appointment last week on June 13. We were given a time frame of 8 am to 5 pm. Dan from lawn and garden came out at 4 pm, as unable to duplicate the problem told my husband who took a day off work that we did not know how to use a washing machine. Took the parts and left. After he left my husband went to put the clothes in the dryer and they were again soaking wet in appx 2 inches of water. I called when I got home from work. Again got transferred probably 4 times and spoke to a person who did not speak English or could be heard as he had a very bad phone line. I asked at least 5 times to speak to a supervisor and was told that could not be done until the report was completed.

I have asked numerous times to speak to a supervisor re: this and have not received a call back to me. I also called at the end of May to have it done. I did pay for a service call on this. I was told this is contractual dates and to check my contract. I have not found any dates in the booklet I received. I want my washer fixed I would like to speak to someone in charge and I feel that when appointments are made that you could have a smaller window for repair times like am or afternoon. Can I please have someone contact me re: this.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I do not normally post reviews, but my recent experience with Sears Repair Services in Florence, SC prompts this. My washing machine water pump started malfunctioning, so I ordered a factory part after carefully explaining the problem and checking the serial number of my machine. Then I called Sears for a repair. The technician appeared on time, came in, and touched the power button. He stated it was a pump problem. I told him I already had the necessary part, showed it to him, and he responded by telling me it was not correct. I asked him to actually look inside the machine to verify the problem. He refused. I asked him to open the machine so that I could replace the part myself. He refused. After some discussion he told me he would cancel the appointment and left. I then called another repair service who verified my part was correct and successfully repaired my machine.

Sears sent me a bill which I disputed. They insisted that I pay "The Diagnostic Fee." In my opinion, this technician did not do enough to actually make any sort of diagnosis. He apparently was going around collecting "Diagnostic Fees" rather than actually doing any repair work. I would strongly advise against using them. There are more ethical local businesses who do good work.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I ordered my dryer by online and cancelled next day. They break the promise and just say... "Wait." If you want to buy online... You will experience calling many times for refund. Never I will buy Sears. Never.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Washing machine - Still waiting for parts. Was told they be here in 2 days. It's been 8 days. Have a warranty. All I get to runaround that now it could be up to 19 days to get the part. Very unsatisfied. Non-professional. What happened with carrying Parts in your truck not to have to order it and having smoke blowing up your behind. I will never buy anything from Sears again. They audit close down.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Poor customer service and worse washer I ever purchased. I called three months after purchasing the machine and explained that the clothes we not coming out clean and smelled. I did everything the book and the service support told me and my towels still do not come out clean. I use more water and detergent because I have to wash towels for two entire cycles. They still do not smell. I clean every time I wash and clean lower filter and dry with a towel I have a permanent drain to rid the lower drain between washing in to the sump pump. I was told from the service, "well, it is the washer you picked out. Nothing we can do." Most expensive machine they had and worse machine I have ever used. Sears is not the company it once was! Horrible customer service.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I’m beyond disappointed with Sears Home Services. After purchasing a Kenmore washer 4 years ago from Sears and the 5 year warranty we scheduled a repair appointment due to a loud sound it was making. The tech ordered the parts on 5/1/2018 which arrived at our place. A second appointment was set up on 5/17/2018 for the repair to be done between 8am and 12pm. A message from Sears advising the tech was on his way and would be there shortly. I had to follow up with Sears Home Services at 2pm since the tech never arrived or contacted us about the delay. We had to reschedule for 5/31/2018. This time the tech did show up on time however advised he could not proceed with the repair because of a sliding door that needed to be removed in order for him to have the space to do the job. My wife that was home could not remove the door and the tech advised we had to reschedule again.

I was not home when the tech arrived and called their customer service number. After explaining my situation to the agent and requesting to speak to a supervisor to work out a certain time and day the agent just hung up on me. I tried having a supervisors from their online chat option call me and he advised “he could not make outgoing calls to customers”. My wife took those 2 days off of work with no pay and cannot afford a 3rd failed appointment. Now we’re scheduled to have the repair appointment in another 2 wks. At this point not having a working washer for over a month and Sears Home Services not giving a scrap about resolving this matter made me to come to a decision to end the misery. Purchase a new washer from one of their competitors and NEVER purchase anything from them again. Before I couldn’t understand why Sears was going out of business now I realize their overall customer service can be horrible. Goodbye Sears!

Original review: May 31, 2018

I called in May 14, 2018 to report washing machine not working; explained that my washer & dryer are stacked. Could not get service appt. until May 23, 2018. The repair person said he could not look at the washer because it is stacked and that he would recall the appointment to have 2 people come out. Was finally able to get appt. for May 31, 2018. On the morning of May 31, 2018, I get a call from Sears indicating that they have to reschedule, now they are telling me that they cannot come out until June 6, 2018. I have been on the phone daily for hours with Sears scheduling and the Home Warranty dept. I have explained to them repeatedly that I have been washing my underwear in my sink. My doctor is monitoring my breathing and lungs to ensure that my lung condition does not worsen from not being able to wash my clothes and bedding and my blood pressure is elevated due to the stress and I still do not have a remedy.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Ordered wrong power cord with $2700+ washer/dryer on-line purchase. Ordered wrong dryer power cord. ($29 part). Was unable to adjust order to order correct power cord (also $29). Spent 2+ hours on phone and chat, spoke to about 9 different customer reps. including 2 supervisors. One was supposed to call me back due to background noise on her end -- she never called me. Ended up cancelling order. Sears lost a $2700 order over a $29 part. Glad they will be bankrupt soon. Will never do business with them again.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I needed my dryer repaired, and made an appointment for May 12. My time slot was 1 to 5. I never received a call the day before, although I did receive an email confirming the appointment. At 4 pm, I contacted Sears and was told I was next on the service call list, and the technician was in Baltimore. By 7 pm I still had not heard from the technician. I called Sears again, and they indicated the technician had an emergency and wouldn't be coming. He never called me to indicate he was not coming. I received a robo-call from Sears late on May 15 about rescheduling the appointment.

Customer service informed me that they were contacting me because the technician came on May 13 and no one was home. My appointment was scheduled for May 12, and not May 13. The technician never contacted me to indicate he couldn't come, and if May 13 was convenient. Mind you I was home until 3 pm, and no one came to my home. Meanwhile, my dryer is still out of service. Do not waste your time with this company.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I purchased my front load washing machine from Sears in May 2016. On Feb. 26, 2018 the washing machine broke, it was covered by the Sears warranty. I called the Sears Service number to report the breakdown and they scheduled the repair with All American Appliance. Troy from All American Appliance has been here 6 times and the washing machine still isn't working. Troy has replaced the door lock, the computer board twice and the harness. On April 27th the Troy came out again and took the machine apart again at which time I think he called Sears and LG who told him to replace the lower harness. Troy said he would order the harness and schedule an appointment to come back.

On 5/14/2018 I called All American Appliance and left a message which included my name, phone number, and why I was calling, nobody returned my call. On 5/15/2018 I called again and spoke to the person that has been scheduling the appointments with me, she said she hadn't received the part yet and that she was going to call Sears and get back to me. She called me back and said they had sent the wrong part and the right part should be here by Thursday. I don't understand why the All American Appliance didn't realize Sears had sent the wrong part before I called her.

I have tried calling Sears Customer Service, Sears Customer Solutions and All American Appliance several times to no avail. No one will tell me at what point does this nightmare end. So far I have had to sit around on 6 different days with a window of 1:00-5:00 pm, I have had to cancel 2 meetings and each time Troy shows up about 3:00 and spends almost 2 hrs here talking to Sears and LG and the machine still isn't working.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I believe a 1 star rating is too high! You don't deserve it. I'm sooo sorry I can't rate you lower! I'm WAITING ALMOST 2 MONTHS! After numerous calls, waiting at home all day no call! No show! For the second time in just a few months, I've been without the use of my washer for more than 2 weeks! UNACCEPTABLE! I bought your Kenmore-Elite washer as a Christmas present for my wife. Within a couple of weeks while the washer was in use there was an explosive sound, when the laundry room was checked, we noticed the glass top on unit shattered. I had to live without the use of a washer until exchange was made.

It's been more than two weeks now that I've been unable to use my washer, having to spend money and time at the public laundromat and cleaners. The SAME PROBLEM! We were told the tech would have been back here to repair the washer on Friday of last week and after wasting time waiting at home all day, no one showed up. There was not even the courtesy of a phone call. This is very BAD! customer service.

I have young children needing uniforms washed for school and unable to do so. More appalling is the safety issue with my young ones constantly being around washer's broken glass with the safety risk of being hurt. I've called customer your service and was told part in on indefinite backlog. I've checked online review and seen multiple complaints about this washer having the same issue of SHATTERING and EXPLODING tops. I really do not want to be going through this ordeal every few months. Neither do I want any of my family members be hurt by this washer's frequent exploding and shattering glass. I do believe this is a nice looking washer, however, this unit design has flaws and should be discontinued before someone gets hurt.

I hereby request that this glass top unit that I have, have bought from your company be exchanged to one of a different design or a full refund of my money be granted so I may purchase a new washer. I truly believe there is a safety issue and a danger having it in my home. I've spent over $1000.00 on unit and should not have to deal with this! I thank you for a quick response and resolution to my safety concerns of the danger this unit may pose to my family. I've always shopped at Sears. I did not expect this encounter with you.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Service tech came to do the repairs, I was told they would review the claim and let me know if it was covered, received a call to let me know that nothing was covered, was told it was pre-existing conditions for the microwave and that the washer parts were not covered. The tech had called me and told me a shock absorber on the washer was missing and that's why the washer shakes itself so bad it knocks and almost falls off the pedestal, I later opened the panel and there was no shock absorber missing. SO AGAIN I WAS LIED TO, WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP THIS WARRANTY IS. Stay away from this worthless piece of junk.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Sears does not stand by their product warranties! I bought the Kenmore Elite 31632 washing machine on December 29, 2017. On January 18, 2018 the entire top shattered while the top was sitting open to dry. Sears replaced the machine after assuring me they knew nothing about a problem with the glass. Now, April 9, 2018 the same thing has happened. Glass completely shattered.

After over 9 phone calls and two separate technicians coming to my home and deeming my machine un-repairable and unsafe, I am told I have to wait another 5-7 business days to see if STAC will approve a replacement. Both technicians talked to STAC while they were in my home, pictures were taken and STAC agreed that the machine was not repairable and unsafe. The last person I spoke with said it probably won't be approved because it is COSMETIC DAMAGE and not covered under warranty. A shattered glass top that is so sharp and dangerous every time we walk by it. DO NOT BUY FROM SEARS.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Times change, even without a warranty, disabled now at 53 never had dead dryer in < 3yrs in life. I don't think Kenmore is rated correctly or Sears for not standing by products they used to have pride I doing.

Original review: April 4, 2018

On or about January 23, 2017, our clothes washer began to dance all over the laundry room floor. So, we called Sears Home Warranty and asked them to come out to look at it. They did. And they talked me into signing up for their whole home warranty plan. In so doing, they charged me $327.73 plus another $107.25, or $437.48 in total - IF I AGREED TO JOIN THEIR WARRANTY PROGRAM, which would cost me another $69.99 per month for at least 12 full months. If I decided not to join up they were going to charge me $750.71 just to repair our clothes washer. Our cash flow being what it was, and the fact that ALL our appliances and our furnace and A/C unit (we live in Phoenix, AZ) would be “covered” by their warranty plan, we decided to go with the SEARS HOME WARRANTY plan.

But try as they might, after about 5-6 visits and a ton of new parts, the washing machine never worked right. It just kept dancing all over the place. So, after a couple of calls, SEARS H. W. agreed to send us about $500 so we could go out and buy a new washing machine. About 6 months later, in July, 2017, our dishwasher stopped running. Now, even though the SAME PROBLEM has occurred, I was charged ANOTHER $100.00 deductible because the dishwasher broke longer than six months after their first repair (and the first $100.00 deductible!). It quit running during a wash cycle, and the bottom of the inside was full of water, and the error code “HE” was displayed on the control panel.

So we called SEARS H. W. They came out, diagnosed the problem, ordered the parts, and they ”fixed” the dishwasher after a couple of weeks and after a few visits. Great! Right? NO! WRONG!!! On or about March 7, 2018, our dishwasher stopped working AGAIN! With the same error code and the tub full of water AGAIN! About 5-6 visits later, today is April 4, 2018. The same parts (after a long drawn out battle of wits and sweat and tears), were replaced. And the dishwasher does work again. But, the water that drips out onto the floor from under the door keeps dripping while the dishwasher is running is STILL NOT FIXED! And the technician, who was supposed to be here between 1 and 5 pm today, called me at about 3 pm to say that a “paperwork snafu” (his exact words) is NOT GOING TO ALLOW HIM TO COME TODAY!!!

So, after one full month, and after repairing this same problem six months ago, I have a dishwasher that leaks all over my floor while it’s washing my dishes. And, after a repairman calling to tell me that his paperwork problem is going to keep him from coming here today to figure out how to stop this leak, I have decided that I am through with this entire sorry excuse for a home warranty plan. And as soon as I press submit to get my story to you now, I will be calling SEARS H. W. to end my contract with them TODAY!!

So folks, the bottom line is this: DO NOT EVER CALL SEARS HOME WARRANTY OR BUY THEIR WARRANTY PLAN FOR YOUR HOME! YOU, AS I, WILL be sorry if you ever do business with this horrible, incompetent, worthless, company. You have been warned. There are many, many solid, excellent, honest appliance and HVAC technicians out there who will repair your machines right, the first time. Check out homeadvisor.com or even Angie’s List to find competent people. And that $69.99 per month I was spending with SEARS H. W. could have bought me a brand new dishwasher in the 6 - 10 months it has taken these people to try to fix - but NOT SUCCEED - my dishwasher. Best wishes to all.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Kenmore Elite HE front loaders. The worst machines one earth! Doesn’t clean clothes. Uses so little water that clothes can come out with dry spots. Have to use sanitizer to clean at all. Pods get stuck in dispenser so they have to go directly in machine. Suds randomly pour out of top of machine. Machine must be cleaned constantly to keep from stinking. Clothes never smell clean. But the dryer is even worse. The drum split open. And NO I didn’t wash anything besides clothes!!! There is a hole the size of my fist. Sears says it’s not a manufacturer's default.

I have never heard of this happening. Dryer can’t be used and Sears wants to charge me $89 for a technician to diagnose the problem before a repair. I don’t need a diagnosis! There’s a freaking hole in the drum which needs to be replaced!! And I didn’t even think that all the little holes that had been showing up in our clothes were from the machines until I read many other reviews with similar problems. The timer is never correct. A 55 minute cycle can run for 90. Your trading off water usage for electricity. But the last straw was talking to the useless customer service reps. Never again Sears! One more loyal customer gone!

Original review: March 31, 2018

Dear Sear Potential Customers, It is very sad to say that it was "no" accident that Sears recently was on the news highlighting their poor "customer service". They, especially are not "senior" citizens friendly, as well. My series of events went from really "bad" to "worst". I was simply trying to purchase a working washer and dryer set.

I strongly feel that I was one of their latest victims, not only at their outlet store, but also by one of their stores going out of business in Orland Park Illinois. I lost money. I have two dryers in my home after being told that I would not be given an opportunity of getting a "working" dryer, exchange or refund from the Orland Park store.

My first encounter happened when I purchased a washer/dryer set from the outlet store in Bridgeview, Illinois 7590. I purchased everything needed to install the set properly and safely. I even showed the store manager pictures (valves, hose, etc.) of where the connection would be. The problem started on my delivery date. The guys entered my home, very unfriendly, brushed past me, and rudely asked, "where do you want this set". I immediately became apprehensive. The set was sitting outside in the alley part of my home. I continued to show the gentleman that the set would be placed in my utility bathroom. The guy walked in there, his back was to me, so I couldn't see what he was doing. After, he used this big tool with some twist and turns, he abruptly stated, " Ms., you need a plumber". I looked at him in shock.

Now, the drains were leaking water on the floor, which they weren't before he arrived. I explained that had showed pictures to the sales people and no one mentioned a plumber. He stated that, "maybe Sears was just trying to take your money". He asked me what I wanted to do with this set. He gave me the option if putting it somewhere in my garage until I hired the plumber to some fix "whatever" I felt he broke. I politely asked him to put them back on his truck and take them back because I felt that the plumber repairs would cost me more than the set. I was totally upset. After they left, I called the store manager and told him what happened. He stated, "these things happen". So, I just stated to please credit my account for this set because I had no clue what was going to be needed for the repairs and of the very rude treatment I had just received. It took some time, but it was credit, minus $7.58.

A plumber was acquired and the leaks were repaired with new valves, for which I have pictures. Then the second event happened with Sears in Orland Park, Illinois. I thought it would be better to go directly to the Sears Store. This was the "worst"! To make my long "nightmare" short, I will try to summarize this part. I found a set, purchased it, which I had a very nice sales lady who really tried to help me in ALL my dealing with this Sears that was going out of business. Once again, I got a delivery date and "again", I got some really bad delivery guys. The main guy didn't want to stay around to, at least, see if everything was working properly and he so rudely stated, "Ms. I can't stay around here until your washer fills up". But sure enough, something was wrong. The machine was malfunctioning and only giving "hot" water.

Found out later that he didn't level the machine properly, but something else was wrong with it. It wasn't spinning the clothes properly to get most of the water out of them. They made him come back out and he switched the hose. But now they wanted to send out a repairman and I of course didn't want to do repairs on a brand new machine. I went into the store, explained my situation and the store manager herself stated that I could make another selection and I did exactly that. Delivery date came around for the new set and "only" the washer was on the truck.

After weeks of going back and forth with the "Customer Solutions Department", the Customer Delivery Department and the store manager, the final decision was that I was now past my 30 days and all sales were final. However, the sales manager looked into the computer system and saw that "customer solutions" was going to debit my account for my money back and "if they made an error, to take that money and go buy the dryer again". After weeks of lies from all above departments, I have two dryers in my home, out of money, and it was being made to look like "I" was doing something wrong.

I had absolutely no intentions of doing anything wrong, but Sears had my credit card number and was using it, and I had no receipt because all this was being done over the phone with the exchanges. Even though these items were a final sale, is it fair to have a final sale on these items if they are malfunctions. The manager even stated to me at one point that this final sale was for items brought off the floor and didn't apply to me and that I had the full 30 days. My set was coming from the warehouse and not the store.

It is my desire to just tell someone in your corporate offices of the things that are going on in your stores, your customer solutions departments, and your warehouse delivery departments. I can prove these things as the one nice lady who was trying to assist me, gave me copies of the transactions in the computer and made numerous calls on my behalf to the various departments. She did give me names of the some of the people we spoke to in the Customer Solutions Dept. because I was generally in the store when we were calling.

It is also my desire to have your delivery department to come out and get the second dryer and refund my money for that purchase. It is also my desire to have someone come out and connect the second dryer for which I am sure I must have paid for from buying the set. I had no other choice other than to buy this dryer which was a match to the switched out washer. Do you think you can help?

Original review: March 29, 2018

I've had to call repair services many times over the decades, so I am remiss with one assumption, that the call out/service fee, paid up front, would apply to the service, as that has always been my experience. In short, $99 for the call + $147 for the part and labor-- ergo, I paid $246 for a hose replacement. The tech was nice, but tried to sell me a $70/month warranty, which he's likely obliged to do. He also had to go retrieve the part, which took 2 hours. Were I not working from home, would not have been workable or acceptable. In short, I'll never call Sears again for service. They once had a solid, worthy reputation. Times have changed.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I have literally bought premium appliances from Sears in the last 10 years and they don't know how to treat their loyal customers. Their outsourced Philippines office is a disgrace similar to other complaints. I ordered a dryer online and they auto opt me in for an electric dryer without asking if that's what I wanted. When I try to return it they are throwing policies when it's brand new and I'm willing to pay a difference. Where are the litigation lawyers, count me in for a class action lawsuit! One person says they will help, the next says no. They won't even talk to you to resolve your issue!

Go somewhere else, don't support Kenmore. They just want to make money and its no wonder they continue to lose revenue and customers. Where are the executives, are these just as ignorant and oblivious to the bad service and bad reputation? BBB complaint: Your complaint has been submitted and assigned the ID **. Case # **. Bye Sears, I'm cancelling my pending order, my credit card and never going back!

Not sure about Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Washers and Dryers for you.

Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Company Information

Sears
    www.sears.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business