Sears Washers & Dryers

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I have been waiting since June 3 for the parts for my Washer to be repaired. I have been on hold with Sears Master Protection Benefits Admin for over 24 hours since this all began and all I get is a runaround and passed back and forth between phone numbers and given excuses. I keep being told I will get a call back in 1 to 3 business days and have NEVER gotten a callback. Back on hold again. How long am I supposed to wait for a part before I just get a new washer???? Sears Customer Service is Non-Existent!!!!

Original review: July 31, 2020

Just wanted to give a testimonial on the poor service I have received by Sears. Let me start off and say I have been a customer of sears for many years and hold this company to a higher expectation/standard but lately I've found myself questioning whether it's worth shopping here ever again. On July 8 purchased a washer and dryer from this company hoping to get it soon. Delivery was set out for Aug 4, not bad but was okay with that date. To my surprise two days ago received another message stating it would arrive a day earlier which was even better.

I was happy but this morning I received a message stating my request was updated and my merchandise would be delivered on Aug 30 (totally unacceptable/nor was it a request of mine!!). I would not put in such a request because after recently being diagnosed with breast cancer and treatment around the corner I needed my washer and dryer to make sure nothing stood in the way of my healing. Now this: I call to sears. The customer rep advised due to covid the vendor is being delayed, so they updated my order to Aug 30. I advised of my health issues and that I could not wait and was told if I wanted a refund it would be between a 14-30 days! Or I could speak to a sales rep and use the credit from my order to purchase another one that is in stock. But the problem with that is my purchase was in my price range and looking for another would most certainly be more money out my already stretched pockets that I can't afford.

This experience was a nightmare and if you have a time limit on a order with this company, you may want to look somewhere else. Because at the very least someone could have called me and told me about the error and what sears could have done to fix the issue as soon as possible. They've already charged my card and still waiting over a month for a product is unacceptable. Now my request for a refund won't be here until after I start treatment causing more anguish in my life. I can't afford to go buy a new one now until I get my 1200+ dollars is back in my account! This company has definitely changed from what I can remember????

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: July 22, 2020

Sears delivered me a washer and dryer pair. Delivered the washer without proper labeling. Blames me the Customer and won't service the washer under warranty! This after being a customer for Sears appliances for 20 years!

Original review: June 29, 2020

I have always been a supporter of Sears products, and so with that understanding I purchase a second Kenmore Elite Washer and Dryer. My delivery date was scheduled (June 17), only to have driven 4 hours to get to my second home, to have a NO SHOW. I went online to confirm my date of delivery, and it consistently came up on the day that I was 'scheduled' for. I called and spent hours on the phone from one transfer to the next. I was given a new delivery date.

After my washer and dryer were installed and used, I noticed the LED light in the drum of the dryer not going off, but only dimming after the door was closed. I have spent HOURS trying to call Sears to set up a repair to no avail. I went online and 'spoke' to a representative who promised me that I would receive a call within 48-72 hours for scheduling. That NEVER happened. I again have made numerous phone calls only to be transferred from one department to the next, and my concern has not been resolved. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND PURCHASING ANYTHING FROM SEARS!!! No customer care. Now I understand why many of their stores have closed. Had I known that scheduling a repair would have been this frustrating, I would have order my washer and dryer from another company. If you pay for the diagnostic repair for an appliance, Sears is right there with a repair man, but if you have a warranty, forget it!

Original review: May 24, 2020

Had this washer from Sears now for over 30 years and still working semi weekly and not needed a repair once or failed. It has been moved twice and has never failed to operate as I was sold on it being able to do so.

Original review: April 26, 2020

I had an issue with the door of my washer not closing properly. Sears sent a tech out from A&E and the guy didn't find any issues but pushed us to get Sears Home Warranty to have peace of mind should the glass lid of our washer broke, something he said happened every so often...so we did. Well, when the top of our washer broke while the washer was spinning, we called and they sent another tech out. This guy had no idea what he was doing so he did not charge us.

They sent another guy out from a different company and he tried blaming us for the top being broken claiming we were putting towels with our clothes... He said the weight of the towels might have caused the break and he would submit a request for parts. That was in Dec. We gave it some weeks because he said it might take a while for the parts to arrive. Months later, nothing! I called and they said it wasn't covered and they "sent a letter" which I never received... TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Original review: April 24, 2020

The technician came to look at my Kenmore Elite front load washer on April 7, 2020. He sold me a warranty and said the parts would be delivered to my home address and he set a date to come back and fix the washer for April 27, 2020. On April 24, 2020 I started calling the service number to see where the parts were as they were not yet delivered. After spending almost two hours on the phone and chat lines on the computer finally was told the parts were never ordered. Then I had to stay on the phone an additional 20 minutes to cancel the $200 service that I previously paid for the parts and labor. I’m so disappointed with Sears. I will not purchase sears products again.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

We bought a washer & dryer off the floor in Wasilla, Ak. The account was linked to a phone number I haven't had in 5 years, but nothing was said. Got the W&d hooked up, the washer did not work. Calling for the repair, which was included, I kept getting outsourced to India, where the young man would not update my info. He kept wanting to send someone to Illinois, where I no longer live. He kept asking: "When will someone be there?" I had to drive 22 miles twice to talk to human beings who couldn't help me. 4 days of frustration. A repairman is on his way, so we shall see what happens next... My Advice: don't shop at what little is left of Sears.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

My husband and I ordered a washer and dryer to be delivered on February 4th. When they arrived to deliver, the dryer was broken and we were told they were no longer being manufactured so we would need to pick out new ones. After calling 4 different numbers and getting the runaround, I told my husband I just wanted a refund because they were being so difficult and no one was wanting to actually help us. After being told by numerous people they couldn't help, we finally reached the right phone number to get our money back. They didn't give us an estimate of how long it would take, but assured us that we would get a refund and apologized for the issues we had.

A week and a half later we still didn't have the money, so I called to check on it and was rudely told that it would take 10 business days. The woman went as far as to go through the days of the week acting as though I'm too stupid to count 2 days. I waited and by that Friday the money had not been put in my account and the following Monday was a holiday, so I waited until Tuesday to call back and was told the money would be in my account by the end of the day. Here I am, a week after I was rudely told it would be Friday the 14th that we would have the money back, and still no money. I called back again today and was told that I'm not the one who made the purchase, my husband did, so they won't talk to me. They took my money, I didn't get the washer and dryer I paid for, I still don't have the money back, and to top it all off they won't even speak to me now. I'm done with them and would NOT recommend anyone to use them for ANYTHING.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Sears refused to repair or replace our refrigerator that was under an extended warranty agreement. It has taken them 5 months to resolve, or I should say, not resolve the case and dismiss me. The refrigerator was under the extended warranty until October and the repair was reported and requested in September. It required 7-8 phone calls, multiple call backs at their requests. It was interminable!

Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Company Information