Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers
1.18/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Need a washer and dryer?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Sears Washers & Dryers

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 10, 2017

763 Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

We have a Sears Kenmore Series 500 Model 25102 Low Water washer. It is Terrible. There are no settings for water level and as a result it doesn't even use enough water to get the clothes completely wet. There is is no agitator so the washer just sprinkles some water and then whirls them around. Even after two rinses the clothes come out with dry areas! How can this happen after two supposed rinses? Don't buy this piece of junk no matter what the price.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I bought a Maytag washer from Sears Hometown Store in Newport, Oregon. I purchased the Service Contract at the time I bought the washer. I hated this machine from the beginning. These new washing machines do not use enough water, and they have a LOCK. I have NEVER needed to lock my washer. I got upset and cut the damn plastic tab off that locks the machine, thereby making it so the machine would not work at all. The Service Tech, JEREMY, is a conceited jerk. He laughed at me, and told me cutting off the lock tab would invalidate the warranty. Why would I even need a warranty on such a piece of JUNK!

The last time I attempted to get the lock replaced, so I could hopefully sell the stupid thing - 'JEREMY' - whom I now find out is the ONLY SERVICE TECHNICIAN that Sears even has in the area - did not even bother to show up! I waited ALL DAY for this guy. The call center could not even get the appointment right - they called it a 'Maintenance Check,' when I had called for a REPAIR. Even if you live in a small town - as I do - DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE! Go to a big city, rent a truck, do what you have to do to get a quality piece of merchandise - because you will not get it from Sears!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

It’s unfortunate that I would have to write such review. Since October 5, I have tried effortlessly to get my new washer repaired. I have been without my washer for nearly a month no assistance in sight. I purchased my Kenmore Elite Washer on July 4, 2017. 1 week later Sears came out to replace because the machine destroyed clothing. I guess because I was in the 30 day window, they moved quickly. On October 5, 2017, I made an appointment to have Sears to come out, because washer was not working. F Codes consistently flashing on the console. Machine wouldn't start. Machine wouldn't lock. The first available appointment given to me was October 25, 2017.

Since then I have had to return the first washer within the first week of purchase because it tore through 2 mattress covers. On October 25, 2017, I had an appointment between 8 - 12. No Show and asked by email to reschedule. On October 27, 2017 I had an appointment between 1 - 5. Tech came at 11. On October 30, I had an appointment 8 - 12 which resulted in machine breaking down within in hours of the attempted repair. On November 1, 2017. I had my appointment between 1 - 5, I was told by tech, that Sears rescheduled my appointment even without prior notice or authorization given.

On November 4, 2017. I had an appointment between 8 - 12. My husband, son and I waited patiently for Sears arrival, looking out the window and even on the home video camera at 10:35 am, I called to make certain they were still in route. Customer service assured me they were on their way. I was told that they were finishing an appointment up, just around the corner from me, and they would be to me shortly. I called again at 11:18 a.m., 12:27 pm, and yet again at 1:48. It was then suggested that I reschedule because the tech person put in that he reported to my house at 8:49 and no one was home. I can't make this stuff up. It was with certainty that I reported that this was not possible because I have video cameras and that is an untruth.

It was at this time I asked for a full refund of all monies paid, I was told I needed to speak with customer solutions, I was transferred to that department. What do you think happened? I was hung up on. I then called customer solutions directly and was on hold for over 30 minutes, no telling how long that would have lasted. I have since then reached out to my bank, I wish to return, the washer and dryer and want a full refund for all monies paid including the Premier Warranty that seems to be worthless.

This has been truly a disappointment. I have been without a washing machine for nearly 3 weeks. With no sign of support or assistance. I have called the corporate office several times, I have spoken with customer care. I am being given the run around. I spoke with Ann on November 1, 2017, she assured me that my appointment was still standing and that someone will be out that day.

I am forced to report Sears to the Better Business Bureau, Consumer Affairs and the Fair Trade Commission, for taking my money for a Premier Warranty that's not worth the paper it’s written on, not making repairs in a timely fashion, not valuing customer loyalty, showing shady business practices, unethical personnel, wasting my valuable time and the list goes on. I will never and I mean never purchase Sears again…

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

It's amazing Sears is still in business. My story is similar to numerous others here. I purchased a high-end washing machine 11 months ago and it broke last month. Still under warranty, and a Sears brand, I contacted them for service. Again, it's been a month. In that time, their repairman diagnosed the machine and ordered a part, which was on back-order and took nearly a month to arrive. When it did arrive, (and after a no-show from the repairman the first time) it turned out to be the wrong part. So they are ordering another one and told us we will get an UPDATE in the status of the part on two weeks!

Best-case scenario, we will have been unable to use our machine for TWO MONTHS by the time it's fixed. And that's best-case. In the meantime, we are paying weekly for a rental washing machine. Since most of this delay was blatantly their fault, I asked them to pay for my machine rental. Nope. And they couldn't care less about any inconvenience to us and offered NOTHING at all to assist in expediting the repair or compensating us for the expense they are causing us. Avoid Sears like the plague unless you want to lose faith in humanity.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I purchased a washer and dryer from Sears and the dryer control dial caught on fire. I called Sears repair and was told that it would be two weeks before a repairman could go to my home & make the repair. It takes two hours each way for me to drive to home where the dryer is located. Two weeks later I drove the night before and spent the night so I could make the 8am-12pm window. I called twice the day before to describe what had failed to ensure the repairman would bring the necessary parts. The repairman arrived without the parts and said they would have to be ordered, sent to my home and he could not return for two weeks. I then paid $586.83 for the repair.

Two weeks later, I departed at 4:30am to make the 8am to 12pm window. A different repairman arrived near noon. He completed the repair at 1:15pm and left. I put just washed laundry in the dryer and within minutes the laundry room was enveloped in steam and water: the dryer vent hose had been disconnected and not reconnected. 20 minutes after he left I called customer service to ask him to return to complete the job. (I had just had surgery and was on a 10lb weight restriction) I was told they were in contact and I would receive a call within the hour. No one called me nor did they call as promised when I again called CS at 2:30 and 3:30. After 4;30 when I again called I was told that no one was going to call me back. I never got a call back. I drove back to Seattle arriving after 7pm: 14-1/2 hours that day and still not done.

To make matters worse I missed an important business meeting when I relied on CS false assurances I would get a callback. Multiple attempts to escalate to SHC US resulted in me being shunted to the same non empowered call center in the Philippines. In a call yesterday is was told that a third repair had been set 2 wks hence. This was unilaterally set without consultation with me. This will be 6 weeks after the fire, days of my time, $586, broken promises another 4 hour minimum of driving and still no dryer. I would like immediate completion of the job and a refund of what I have paid. I kept my promises, Sears has not kept theirs. I would also like this complaint shared with the Chairman of the Board of SHC. There is no good reason why a loyal, trusting customer should be treated this way by a Sears entity. There is something very wrong here.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

On November 5, 2016 my husband and I purchased the Kenmore Elite energy efficient washer and dryer for $2013.98 from Sears in Waldorf, MD. The machine was delivered on November 8, 2016. In December 2016 I noticed an odor coming from the washer machine, and to alleviate the smell I would use Tide washing machine cleaner, which somewhat helped with the odor. Around February I began to notice the machine was putting laundry detergent spots on my dark colored clothes. I reached out to Sears for them to address the odor coming from the machine, and my latest problem the detergent spots the machine was putting on my clothes.

The first tech came out with a trainee, and his solution was to switch laundry detergents from Tide to Gain. According to him this is what was causing the odor, and the dark marks. A month or so went by and I would still get marks on my clothing, and the odor was still present. I reached again out to Sears to let them know the problem was still occurring. Another tech came out, and his solution was to stop using the liquid fabric softener. The problem continued, so I made a third call. I was told by Sears’ solution department, that after the 4th service call the machine would be replaced. At this visit the tech told me to switch back to Tide detergent, and put the machine on deep fill. My husband washed a load a clothes, which took an hour and a half, being on the deep fill setting. A lot of water was left in the bottom of the machine, causing the entire downstairs of my house smelled of rotten eggs.

The tech came back a few days later and his solution to getting rid of the excessive water was to physically tilt the machine, because the machine was not properly draining. At that time I asked for a copy of the report, the tech then informed me that it would take up to 24 hours to reach my email, and their solution department. A week later, the same tech came out again to address the same issue, and was informed from Sears solution department to troubleshoot with Kenmore’s manufacturer. After completing the service call, I requested to see his written notes, which detailed “odor in washer machine, excessive water in the machine, and had to tilt the machine to remove the water”.

There have been 6 visits in attempt to fix the issue. I have repeatedly tried to get documentation from Sears’ solution department and the technician, because of the ongoing conflicting stories. The solution department informed me that the tech can find nothing wrong with the machine. The same service tech was due to come out Oct 4th, 2017. Instead I received a phone call from Sears solution department saying they are not replacing the machine and the representative said she has the exact same machine and it has odor and excessive water. I asked her if thought that was acceptable and she said yes. I contacted NBC and ABC complaint line for help. We will never buy anything from this awful company.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Kenmore Washer Top Load 500/600 - This machine will not clean your clothes and will tear them apart. Sears will not replace the machine because it was designed this way and cannot be repaired. Three repair techs were sent over and all said the same thing. It is a terrible machine and they receive calls at least once a week for this model. One tech even suggested to take our sheets and bulky items to a laundromat, only fill the machine with a maximum of two pairs of jeans and a couple of t-shirts and always use the bulky item cycle, deep fill, two rinse for every load we do. Shame on Sears for not recalling this washer. Shame on Sears for not putting their customers first and instead, creating a horrible and expensive situation for two of their ex customers. Never again will we purchase anything from Sears.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I purchased a Maytag Washer in March 2017. Last week (October 5th) I noticed the washing machine was not rinsing properly and a lot of water was left in the machine. I also noticed that a 1 hour wash was taking two hours and a 36 minute rapid wash was taking an hour. I called Sears on Friday, October 6th and was told I would a repairman come out on Friday, October 13th and that I would get an email confirmation. I never got the confirmation so I called Sears back on Monday, October 9th and was told that my appointment was for Friday October 20th. I told them I can't wait that long for my washing machine to be repaired, I have a disabled husband at home and for me to leave the house for 3-4 hours to go to a laundry mat was not going to work out. I was then told they could put me on a wait list in case anyone cancels. Needless to say, I was not happy.

I finally got through to a supervisor who said she could get someone out on October 11th (tomorrow) and I even got a phone call confirming the appointment time. This afternoon I got a phone call and an email stating I needed to contact them as the appointment for tomorrow had to be changed. I called them and they told me they had no technician available for tomorrow and now the first available was the 25th of October but I couldn't take that date because my husband has a very important doctor appointment that day. So the next available that I could take was Friday, October 27th, three weeks after my initial phone call.

This is totally unacceptable in my book. I purchase a higher end washing machine (thankfully with a 4 year extended warranty) and after 6 months I am having issues and them taking three weeks to get out here??? I hope someone see this and contacts Sears as I tried to get through to their complaint department in Chicago and all I got was a person who could make appointments. I have purchased many appliances from Sears over the last 40 years, but no more. Totally unhappy with them.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Washer not fixed after 3 tries. Our service technician was great, however... When technician arrived he ordered a part (the drum) and rescheduled to arrive 3 weeks later to do replacement. My washer had a cracked drum and poured out onto the floor with use. The drum arrived with the packaging torn on the outside, but we were unable to view any physical damage without completely unpacking item.

Technician arrived and discovered that this drum was also cracked. A second replacement drum arrived. Again, outside packaging was damaged. The second replacement part was also cracked, in same place as the last 2. Technician re-ordered again (for the 3rd replacement) and scheduled appointment for 3 weeks out. Technician is only available in this area 1 day per week as he is the only "qualified" warranty technician.

Sears refuses to replace machine until 4 service calls have been made on the same successfully replaced item in a 90 day time period. WTHeck did I pay nearly $400 in replacement warranty for??? They offered me a "generous" $50 to cover laundromat expense. Really. I work, my husband works, we have a litter of pups that requires constant clean up and generate bulk laundry daily. $50 isn't a drop in the bucket for my time aggravation and expense. I will never purchase from Sears again and DO NOT recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Sears has got to be the worst, Sears has the most ignorant, incompetent service that I have ever talk to. We have a washer that has needed a series of repairs. When the service man DOES arrive they don't even look at the washer. Not only it is the washer and need of a new water pump. The spinner had messed up and broke the soap dispenser and it created a whole which created rust. AND Sears will cover or change the rusted area.

When you try to explain this to the overseas representatives they get mad because they don't understand what you're trying to tell them. I really don't understand why Sears would need to hire people outside of the country for customer service. Customer service should be in the United States so we could understand each other. They speak for English and don't understand what you're saying and they get insulted when you tell them that you can't understand what you're saying???

Resolution response: Sept. 16, 2017

After 3 technician visits the leak in my whirlpool washing machine was resolved. My rating has more to do with the customer service experience when calling sears home services. The agents you speak with read scripts, do not listen to the customer, and are very difficult to hear and understand due to what sounds like bad connections, ineffective headphones and thick accents, which I assume "customer service" is outsourced to a very cheap offshore outfit. I learned that after posting the complaint on "my sears" which is the online sears community, a competent person would call me back the next day and arrange service. I learned this because I had to make several calls after the first 2 techs did not fix the problem. It's ridiculously frustrating that to speak with a competent individual you have to go through this convoluted process but when trying to obtain service on a leaking washing machine, through an extended service warranty, you eventually learn the system. In the big picture my machine was repaired within 10 days. It's just sad that a person has to endure such incompetence in communicating with very poorly trained /completely ineffective agents. Again I am referring to the ones who address calls when you call sears home service, the higher level people who call you back after posting your complaint were very good. Unfortunately the ones who answer the phone can't get you to them.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

Sears serviced my washing machine and 5 days later the machine was leaking water. When I called Sears Home Services to report this and ask for a service technician I spoke with several agents and supervisors. Even though my Whirlpool washing machine was actively leaking they would not send a technician for 3 days because the repair required a part. They had no way of knowing whether or not the leak had anything to do with the part and refused to send someone to look at the machine for 3 days.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

CONSUMER BEWARE... we purchased the Kenmore Elite washer/dryer appliance and warranty. We called for free maintenance check and mentioned that dryer kept shutting off before clothes were dry. Tech ordered a new harness for dryer. Tech came to install harness when it was mailed to our home. Hurriedly replaced all parts and left without checking that dryer was working properly. I checked dryer and nothing worked. Service Tech was very rude and made rude comments. Left msg for supervisor to call so I could complain and no return call. Called for service. Tech found that parts had been replaced backwards (by previous Tech). Broke front control panel when putting parts together. He said he would order replacement part.

We called Warranty requesting new dryer and were told we had to have dryer serviced 4 times and replacement had to be requested by Tech. Explained dryer was only 7 months new. Was told "No exceptions!" Very frustrated over situation and not being able to communicate clearly with customer service rep in Philippines. Could not be transferred to rep in U.S. Wrong replacement parts delivered TWICE. Tech came out to see which part was needed. It was same rude Tech. I explained that I wanted to complain to his supervisor and did not appreciate his rude comments. NOW to make LONG STORY short... they will be delivering replacement dryer today (9/9/17). It has been a complete nightmare dealing with Sears, their service techs and warranty policies. We plan on shredding our Sears credit cards and NEVER shopping at Sears!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Sears is THE WORST and this review has been created to Help you! Sears agent was to come to my home for repairs - waited three weeks for parts - two more weeks for appt. He called to say he was 2 hours late because he was 2 hours away. He did not know why he was scheduled in North Carolina when I live in VB. I called the home office to see if someone could come sooner - I took the day off of work as it was... Said not until three weeks from today (so a total of 8 weeks!).

I said "No I will just wait." The guy NEVER SHOWED up and I ended up having to wait another three weeks to get the washer fixed. In the meantime, my wood floors need to be replaced from damages caused by leaking washer - have to wait for Sears... Home in total disrepair... Mold growing and Sears INTENTIONALLY made me wait 8 weeks for service as they don't have enough people to work there. It must be a terrible place to work... As it is truly the worst place to do business with.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

Sears sent me a faulty dryer after washer, dryer, 1500.00 cash purchase. When I originally shopped at their Glendale California store, I emphasized my need for quick delivery and replacing my current machines. I informed them that I ran a facility that disabled and incontinent people resided in and the importance of a speedy delivery was my first priority. Soon I realized, due to lack of stock, that I was limited to the purchase I made. My machines arrived on 9/29/17. After using the 4 days, I noticed a strong smell of gas. I called Sears. They advised me to call gas company as their technicians could not come out for a week. I called outside services, and paid for that, only to be advised that the dryer itself had a gas leak! I called Sears and asked them to remove it from my home. They did, within 24 hours but were not able to deliver a replacement as one was on back order until 9/15 2 weeks later!!

I argued that 2 weeks was not feasible to me due to my daily need to launder. Someone named Omar called me back and offered me a replacement in my ASAP timeframe, with a brand that I didn't want. The Frigidaire replacements would be the only machines in my price range that could be delivered 4 days later. I didn't want the Frigidaire and asked them what could else be delivered within my price range at the least amount of time. The only machines they had that could be delivered were Samsung, at a different more expensive price. I asked them to discount the difference and bring me the Samsung’s at the 4 day delivery option. They refused stating if they did that Sears would be losing money and they couldn't have that.

I stated, being it was their damaged dryer they sent me in the first place and the only other machines available for delivery were the Samsung’s that they should honor that. They refused, offered me a 50.00 discount and expected me to be satisfied with that. After their faulty product, they were still trying to make more money off of me to purchase the more expensive, yet only machine available!! Not right. This is SEARS. The huge chain! I had to return back to the store (with one of my disabled clients in tow) only to hear that news. My last resort, apparently, is to call customer care department and speak to them.

I am calling them in morning. If I don't get satisfaction I am returning both washer and dryer and buying elsewhere. This store has a long standing claim of being the best at service and pricing. So far, NOT TRUE! I will post the final word from SEARS on eating the difference from not only their negligence but also on the company not making it right as I hear more. I am however, not holding my breath according to the lack of service from the Glendale California store that I have yet to receive.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Purchased Kenmore washer and dryer from Sears but when I had a problem there was literally no way to get through to anyone with any knowledge of their products. After two hour on the phone my only option was to schedule a $99 appointment to send a repair person out to evaluate my issue. I just needed some information regarding the washer drain hose leaking and in the end I went down to the hardware store, got the advice I was seeking and fixed the problem myself. Dealing with Sears Service is about a pleasant as dealing with the IRS. Never Again!!!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

My husband contacted Sears about our washer which was making a strange beeping sound every few wash loads. When the technician showed up, he asked my husband to run a cycle in the washing machine so he could diagnose the problem. My husband ran a single load and the machine didn't make the strange noise. The technician then gave my husband a list of part that he should buy to fix the machine and quoted him a cost to fix the machine according to his company, totaling over $600. He also told my husband to purchase the following parts, on his own, and then call the technician on the weekend to install the new parts for a discounted rate of about $400. He did all this without actually touching the machine or hearing anything wrong with the machine during the sample load. We were charged $105 for his to show up at our house.

Then, when I called Sears to complain, they claimed that the diagnostic fee was only for the technician to show up at our home. We paid someone $105 to show up at our door and claim we turned down the cost of fixing the machine without even finding out what was really wrong with it and then charging us extra money to fix something that wasn't wrong. I asked if they could send someone out to actually look at my machine and that claimed that if they sent someone else out, we would need to spend another $105 for him to check our machine, but they still couldn't guarantee that the technician would actually diagnose the problem with my machine. In essence, I'm paying twice for someone to do one job and they are taking advantage of the people who don't know any better and charging them for things that are not necessary.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Bought a washer and dryer 5 months ago. Dryer quit working on sensor drying. Then washer would only put about 1/2 inch water for a regular load. Service man came out. I was told the dryer would never work on sensor dry and he couldn't do anything about that. The washer had an error code in the computer which he fixed. The washer worked fine for about a week, then started doing the same thing again. The same repair man came out. This time I was told there was nothing wrong with the washer and I had wash very small loads with the bulky setting. This was a lie since it worked before. So I called to request another service man. Was then told I would be charged for a service call. I still have a washer that doesn't work, and a dryer that's questionable.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I'm so mad at Sears right now. I have been having problems with my washer for over a month now, trying to fix it myself. Have replaced 3 parts ($100 worth) then called a tech in. Last Thursday he came and diagnosed the problem at a $89.00 fee. It was the control panel. To have him fix it would cost me over $300 dollars. $126 labor fee, $94 part fee. So we declined the repair - paid the diagnostic fee and ordered the part ourselves. I put the part in this morning and of course did not fix the problem. I called Sears this morning and was told by the call rep. that it would not cost me anything to have another tech come out unless he did repairs. I set up the appt. I go to look at my email and noted a fee attached to my appt. I call Sears back and am told that the other rep. was wrong that it is going to cost me money again. $79.00.

I told them no, "I was quoted at $0.” He told me he could drop it to $40. I asked to speak with a manager and was told the same thing. I'm so upset I am spitting tacks. I told them it was BS and cancelled the appt. When you are quoted a $0, they should honor that quote. I was so mad. After talking with Kev. we decided to try it one more time, so I called back to Sears and was calm and set up an appt. for Tomorrow. I was trying to get the Lady to confirm the $40 fee and surprisingly I was disconnected!!! I called back for a 4th time and talk with another rep. She now is back to quoting me $0 fee to come out as it was misdiagnosed to begin with. I'll bet when the tech comes out tomorrow we will pay the full fee. I will never buy another Sears Appliance again!!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I agree with previous comments. Sears Service Department is slow to respond to requests. I even got sold a Home Warranty after the tech told me this would help. What a scam! They subcontract out the work to other repair entities, then require "approval" after a diagnosis. Twice they have refused to pay for parts - and this is on work they've already done. When I complained, they tried to "up sell" me to a "more complete" policy. I am in the market for a washer-dryer, but would NEVER EVER buy it from Sears. They are either total incompetents or a bunch of crooks, you decide. Better yet, just stay away from them and you'll never be faced with the choice.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I brought washer and dryer washer. As two service tech came to home, one call Sears from my home and told Sears it had to be replace. Sears said yes to the tech, also when I call they said it had to be replace, ask for a new model # for a new one. I gave it to them, they said 5 business days to call them. Ack. When I did they said "no, nothing was wrong with washer". I am going to the court house and file a claim to take Sears to court. I'll never. Buy again from Sears

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I ordered a washing machine online. Stated that it was in stock and would be delivered the next morning. Looking at the invoice I was charged for delivery when it said it was free. That made me mad immediately. Got a call later that night that it would be delivered between 8:30 and 10:30'am. Well, noon came and no word. Called customer service (think it must have been in India) was told that my washer would absolutely be delivered that day. At 5:00... called customer service again and put on hold, then told it had to be rescheduled and the soonest would be 5 days out!!! I asked why and he didn't know. Had a very hard time understanding him. Hung up and cooled down a little bit. Called again and cancelled the whole damn deal!!! They offered me $50! if I didn't cancel. REALLY??? I told her that it must be cancelled and not to charge my credit card. Then contacted the credit card company.

I am so infuriated with a Sears and their lousy customer service!!! I cannot believe they are still in business. They won't get any of mine ever again. I went online to Lowe's and ordered a washer. Within 30 minutes I got a call from an actual person at our local store informing me they had it ready!!! Delivered next morning. And I can call them at the store about delivery and not some 800 number to India where they have no clue as to what is going on. I'm mad at myself also for not going to Lowe's to begin with. I have always had the best service at Lowe's. Sears is going to be gone soon with the lousy service they have. I'm DONE!!!

Original review: July 31, 2017

I purchased a Kenmore Washer and Dryer from Sears. Originally, my delivery was scheduled for Friday between 545p and 745p. At 8p, after no delivery, I checked the delivery tracker which had my delivery moved to 11p. They show up at 1045. I was annoyed, but not a big deal. After a few days, it seemed that my clothes were never dry when taken out of the dryer. I started to worry that my dryer wasn't working. Nope. After attaching the exhaust hose, they jammed the dryer back against the wall. Not only did it flatten the hose against the wall, but it destroyed my external vent, stripped the screws and pushed it out of the back of my house.

Angry, I call service. Three days later, two guys show up to "pick up" the dryer. I said I wanted my exhaust fixed and they said, "we don't do that." I again spoke to Service. They told me to expect a call within 3 days to speak with repair. It's been a week, still no call. I finally purchased another external vent fixture and fixed it myself. I will probably call the extended warranty. If I can't get them to help after a few days, what can I expect from them in three years?

Original review: July 29, 2017

I purchased a washer/dryer that per Sears was to be delivered on 7-29-2017 between 0830-1030. The driver said he couldn't find the address though I plugged it in on my phone and was taken right to the front door. He decided not to deliver and that was it. Customer service was nonexistent despite many tries so I was forced to reschedule and then when I called they said I had rescheduled so too bad. Seriously??? What exactly is "customer service". I will not buy from Sears again ever.

Original review: July 25, 2017

My 4 year old washing machine broke for the second time. Last year it required that the "motherboard" computer system be replaced. Now less than a year later the machine broke again. First it took 7 days to get someone to come look at the machine. He was unable to do anything but ordered a new "motherboard" and a new motor. It took 10 days for the parts to arrive and 12 days to have a repairman come fix the machine. He came and said that the previous repairman ordered the incorrect parts and he would reorder them.

At this point I have gone 19 days without being able to do any laundry. I asked if the parts could be overnight shipped and a repairman come out in the next day or two to put in the new parts and was told that that was not how the system worked. He did put an emergency request in but I still could not get a repairman scheduled for another 8 days making it 27 days without laundry. This system seems wrong and it seems to me that Sears is not taking responsibility for ordering the incorrect parts to start with. If the system was customer focused then the parts could be overnight shipped and a repairman scheduled to come out within another day or two. Very disappointed and would not recommend Sears for repairs.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I purchased a Samsung washer and dryer 2 1/2 years ago at Sears. I paid $1900 for this "state of the art" system. The dryer suddenly stopped heating 0n 7/11/17. I contacted Sears to service. I paid $257 to have it repaired, on 7/13/17. Only to find out it was extremely hot and the system kept shutting off and giving an error code of HE, suggestive of a heating error. I had Sears service a 2nd time, on 7/18/2017. They said it was fixed, by replacing the thermometer. Again, the dryer would not heat to dry. I made a 3rd appt, my window was between 1p-5p, on 7/21/2017. I had someone wait at my house the entire afternoon. I never received a call from the technician nor had the person waiting at my home, as with previous times. At almost 5p, I decided to contact Sears. I was then told, that the technician had been delayed and my new window was 4:30p to 6:30p. I was assured that the service tech was on his way.

About 5 minutes after ending the phone call, I received a call from another department at Sears, stating that the appt had to be rescheduled, because the technician had come to my home at 4:45p and no one was home. Not only did that add insult to the injury, but I was upset and frustrated at this point. I explained to the customer rep that I have a camera system on my home, I receive notification on my cell phone when someone is at the front door and that this service tech had lied and was never at my home. I then asked to speak with a manager/supervisor to which I was told that the manager was busy and could not speak with me. The only thing that could be done was to reschedule the appointment for Monday 7/24.

The customer service tech told me the Manager, Jenay, would call me back. I also asked to speak with the technician, Christopher's manager, whose name I was told was also Chris. He also conveniently could not speak with me, nor did he call me back, as I requested. I then called back the 1-800 number for Sears home service and was not even offered an apology. Sears has no regard for the customer. Their managers disregard customer complaints and allow the employees to fabricate stories and not complete their assigned tasks for the day. Not only am I out the money spend originally on this dryer, but also out the $257 botch repair job by Sears employees. Not to mention, inconvenienced for over 2 weeks without a dryer. Sears employees are allowed to treat customers in a poor and disgusting manner.

Original review: July 21, 2017

My Kenmore washing machine and dryer, from Sears, broke in APRIL. I called Sears to come fix it and they told me I would be better off buying the contract and having one of their service techs fix the machine. I bought the contract and was told they could fix anything. The first visit, the man came to fix the dryer. He was here for about 2 hours and left. The dryer did not work 3 hours after he left, so I called again to have the man come back.

The second visit, the man came back to fix the dryer again and he took a look at the washing machine. They fixed the dryer and took the washing machine apart. Needed to order a part, so we waited another 2 weeks to get another appointment and the part. Man comes back again with the part and now needs another part that he didn't order last time. Now I have to wait another 3 weeks for them to come back. Long story short... Sears came back about 5 times and every time they had the wrong part. I have 4 wrong parts from Sears because no one could figure it out. My washing machine has been broken for MONTHS and they still haven't found the part to fix it.

According to this great contract I bought, they needed to determine that the machine was not fixable to get the free replacement, as promised. It was determined that the machine could not be fixed, so I was getting a new machine... but Sears then decided that they won't replace it because the part rusted out. They don't cover rust... even though the machine rusted and shouldn't have (a defect). So, it's been FOUR months now, I still have a broken washing machine and no one will come in to fix it because Sears took it apart and it's in pieces in my basement. I have spent hundreds of dollars on laundry services and the inconvenience of schlepping my wash out of the house every other day.

What's worse is that SEARS has washed their hands and they really don't care what happens to their customers. Their contract is useless and the customer service reps don't really attempt to make this better. What a huge disappointment. THERE ARE TONS OF OTHER PRODUCTS ON THE MARKET.

DON'T BUY SEARS PRODUCTS OR THE WARRANTY.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I got off a 12 month CONUS deployment with the US Army on May 29th. During the deployment I was able to buy a new manufacture home, it needed a washer and dryer. June 1st I was ordered to attend a month long military training mission, but because of the gracefulness of my Commander, I was able to secure a late start so I could get things at home situated before beginning the mission. Around June 6th, my girlfriend had to order the washer and dryer using my credit card information because I could not do it in time. A few days later she received an email stating that the payment did not go through because I was not present... Really? For an online purchase? Fine. She used her credit card and I wired her the money, while I was in the field.

A few days later she received another email, order not processed, but they still charged her charge... She calls and gets it resolved, but they charged her card TWO additional times around $1800 EACH. She calls again and they schedule a refund 7-10 business days. Washer and dryer scheduled for July 10th. I get back and start work after being gone for 13 months. I take the day off on the 10th to wait for the washer and dryer. They called to reschedule for the 13th. I took the day off on the 13th. They reschedule for the 18th. Then the 20th. Then the 21st. At this point, I HAVE LOST MORE MONEY NOT WORKING than the original $1800 cost of the washer and dryer. I called the customer service department on the 19th and they stated that the order WAS COMPLETELY CANCELLED. They transferred me to the delivery department which assured me it was on schedule for delivery. I have the names and employee ID numbers to prove it.

I call corporate to file a complaint. Corporate said that the order WAS COMPLETELY CANCELLED and directed me to the online store where we made the purchase. They informed me that the order WAS COMPLETELY CANCELLED. They then transferred me BACK to the delivery department which again assured me that the delivery would be on the 20th. I have TWO duffle bags full of stinky sweaty uniforms, no clean socks for work, no clean underwear, and no patience. I said "** this." We canceled the order and ordered the same washer and dryer from Home Depot (for less money and delivery in less than a week). Their first few excuses for the delays were due to the manufacturer. Then on the 18th, their excuse was operational damage to the machines and reordering new products. Let me get this straight, it took SIX ** weeks to get the first set and you can magically conjure a new set in two days?

Original review: July 18, 2017

I purchased a washer and dryer from Sears. All went well for the first year then as soon as the warranty was expired the washer broke down. I was forced to buy a maintenance agreement that will cover all parts and labor for the washer. They fixed the problems but soon after it broke down again. They came back on three different occasions and demanded us to do thing before they can fix it. For example, take machine down from dryer because they couldn't work on it otherwise. The repairman left because he couldn't wait until we brought down machine. We had to wait another couple of weeks before another repairman showed up. This repair guy ordered a part and told us we have to take hose off the machine in order for him to replace part. Weeks passed again until the repair guy came back. This time he changed the part but said he could not test the machine since the water hoses were disconnected.

I said I will put back even though they told me to take them off. The repair guy said he could not wait and left without testing machine to see if it worked. I put back hose and a day later machine broke down again. I called and a few weeks later another repair guy showed up just to order another part. Now we are waiting another couple of weeks to get the part. All this time without a washing machine and the maintenance agreement is expiring soon. Sears customer service said they cannot extend the maintenance agreement even though I have been without a machine for weeks and still waiting. As a former employee of Sears I really thought highly of them and now I will never buy from them ever again.

Original review: July 15, 2017

Unfortunately I have to give them a star. I ordered a new washer and dryer from Sears. The delivery date was Wednesday. I wasn't able to be there for delivery so I had a buddy rearrange his work schedule so he could be there for delivery. I paid him for his time. Well sears didn't call me until after they were supposed to be there to tell me the warehouse didn't have the appliances and would have to rescheduled for Friday... which you know ** happens and it's only two more days so I was cool with it, but anyway I had to call off so I could be there for the delivery on Friday.

Well halfway through the delivery time they decided to call tell me they weren't going to be able to deliver and had to reschedule again for Saturday and again not that big of a problem. It's only one day well that brings us today. I had my mom Go to my house to wait for these guys but instead of sears calling me when the delivery truck left the building sears decided to call me 20 minutes after the maximum wait time to tell me the warehouse didnt have the appliances and that they could be there Monday.... So I called corporate and what I was told is they couldn't compensate for any of that. All they can do is deliver the product Monday. I told them I didn't want to do business with them and to cancel the order. Then I was offered a $60 gift card... Long story short if you wanna get ** shop at sears

Original review: July 14, 2017

Apparently front loaders are notorious for mold and it's known even by Sears. I however expect to buy product that is not known to be faulty. I have had this odor on my families (including my 1 yr old) clothing. We have ran vinegar, bleach and washing machine cleaners several times to get rid of the odor. Come to find out its mold. Growing in the rubber gasket. I physically scrubbed the gasket and it won’t come out because it is IN the gasket. It's gross and unsanitary!!! I called Sears and was offered no help after being passed along to 3 separate people! The last one spoke to me like I was his child and wanted to hear nothing I had to say! I am so frustrated by the "customer service" I received and I think SEARS SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEIR SELVES when it involves the health of people especially children???

Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Company Information