Sears Washers & Dryers

Compare Washers and Dryers

Research top Washers and Dryers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Sears has got to be the worst, Sears has the most ignorant, incompetent service that I have ever talk to. We have a washer that has needed a series of repairs. When the service man DOES arrive they don't even look at the washer. Not only it is the washer and need of a new water pump. The spinner had messed up and broke the soap dispenser and it created a whole which created rust. AND Sears will cover or change the rusted area.

When you try to explain this to the overseas representatives they get mad because they don't understand what you're trying to tell them. I really don't understand why Sears would need to hire people outside of the country for customer service. Customer service should be in the United States so we could understand each other. They speak for English and don't understand what you're saying and they get insulted when you tell them that you can't understand what you're saying???

Consumer Increased Rating!

After 3 technician visits the leak in my whirlpool washing machine was resolved. My rating has more to do with the customer service experience when calling sears home services. The agents you speak with read scripts, do not listen to the customer, and are very difficult to hear and understand due to what sounds like bad connections, ineffective headphones and thick accents, which I assume "customer service" is outsourced to a very cheap offshore outfit. I learned that after posting the complaint on "my sears" which is the online sears community, a competent person would call me back the next day and arrange service. I learned this because I had to make several calls after the first 2 techs did not fix the problem. It's ridiculously frustrating that to speak with a competent individual you have to go through this convoluted process but when trying to obtain service on a leaking washing machine, through an extended service warranty, you eventually learn the system. In the big picture my machine was repaired within 10 days. It's just sad that a person has to endure such incompetence in communicating with very poorly trained /completely ineffective agents. Again I am referring to the ones who address calls when you call sears home service, the higher level people who call you back after posting your complaint were very good. Unfortunately the ones who answer the phone can't get you to them.

Carolyn of Philadelphia, PA on

Original Review

Sears serviced my washing machine and 5 days later the machine was leaking water. When I called Sears Home Services to report this and ask for a service technician I spoke with several agents and supervisors. Even though my Whirlpool washing machine was actively leaking they would not send a technician for 3 days because the repair required a part. They had no way of knowing whether or not the leak had anything to do with the part and refused to send someone to look at the machine for 3 days.

CONSUMER BEWARE... we purchased the Kenmore Elite washer/dryer appliance and warranty. We called for free maintenance check and mentioned that dryer kept shutting off before clothes were dry. Tech ordered a new harness for dryer. Tech came to install harness when it was mailed to our home. Hurriedly replaced all parts and left without checking that dryer was working properly. I checked dryer and nothing worked. Service Tech was very rude and made rude comments. Left msg for supervisor to call so I could complain and no return call. Called for service. Tech found that parts had been replaced backwards (by previous Tech). Broke front control panel when putting parts together. He said he would order replacement part.

We called Warranty requesting new dryer and were told we had to have dryer serviced 4 times and replacement had to be requested by Tech. Explained dryer was only 7 months new. Was told "No exceptions!" Very frustrated over situation and not being able to communicate clearly with customer service rep in Philippines. Could not be transferred to rep in U.S. Wrong replacement parts delivered TWICE. Tech came out to see which part was needed. It was same rude Tech. I explained that I wanted to complain to his supervisor and did not appreciate his rude comments. NOW to make LONG STORY short... they will be delivering replacement dryer today (9/9/17). It has been a complete nightmare dealing with Sears, their service techs and warranty policies. We plan on shredding our Sears credit cards and NEVER shopping at Sears!!

Sears is THE WORST and this review has been created to Help you! Sears agent was to come to my home for repairs - waited three weeks for parts - two more weeks for appt. He called to say he was 2 hours late because he was 2 hours away. He did not know why he was scheduled in North Carolina when I live in VB. I called the home office to see if someone could come sooner - I took the day off of work as it was... Said not until three weeks from today (so a total of 8 weeks!).

I said "No I will just wait." The guy NEVER SHOWED up and I ended up having to wait another three weeks to get the washer fixed. In the meantime, my wood floors need to be replaced from damages caused by leaking washer - have to wait for Sears... Home in total disrepair... Mold growing and Sears INTENTIONALLY made me wait 8 weeks for service as they don't have enough people to work there. It must be a terrible place to work... As it is truly the worst place to do business with.

Sears sent me a faulty dryer after washer, dryer, 1500.00 cash purchase. When I originally shopped at their Glendale California store, I emphasized my need for quick delivery and replacing my current machines. I informed them that I ran a facility that disabled and incontinent people resided in and the importance of a speedy delivery was my first priority. Soon I realized, due to lack of stock, that I was limited to the purchase I made. My machines arrived on 9/29/17. After using the 4 days, I noticed a strong smell of gas. I called Sears. They advised me to call gas company as their technicians could not come out for a week. I called outside services, and paid for that, only to be advised that the dryer itself had a gas leak! I called Sears and asked them to remove it from my home. They did, within 24 hours but were not able to deliver a replacement as one was on back order until 9/15 2 weeks later!!

I argued that 2 weeks was not feasible to me due to my daily need to launder. Someone named Omar called me back and offered me a replacement in my ASAP timeframe, with a brand that I didn't want. The Frigidaire replacements would be the only machines in my price range that could be delivered 4 days later. I didn't want the Frigidaire and asked them what could else be delivered within my price range at the least amount of time. The only machines they had that could be delivered were Samsung, at a different more expensive price. I asked them to discount the difference and bring me the Samsung’s at the 4 day delivery option. They refused stating if they did that Sears would be losing money and they couldn't have that.

I stated, being it was their damaged dryer they sent me in the first place and the only other machines available for delivery were the Samsung’s that they should honor that. They refused, offered me a 50.00 discount and expected me to be satisfied with that. After their faulty product, they were still trying to make more money off of me to purchase the more expensive, yet only machine available!! Not right. This is SEARS. The huge chain! I had to return back to the store (with one of my disabled clients in tow) only to hear that news. My last resort, apparently, is to call customer care department and speak to them.

I am calling them in morning. If I don't get satisfaction I am returning both washer and dryer and buying elsewhere. This store has a long standing claim of being the best at service and pricing. So far, NOT TRUE! I will post the final word from SEARS on eating the difference from not only their negligence but also on the company not making it right as I hear more. I am however, not holding my breath according to the lack of service from the Glendale California store that I have yet to receive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Purchased Kenmore washer and dryer from Sears but when I had a problem there was literally no way to get through to anyone with any knowledge of their products. After two hour on the phone my only option was to schedule a $99 appointment to send a repair person out to evaluate my issue. I just needed some information regarding the washer drain hose leaking and in the end I went down to the hardware store, got the advice I was seeking and fixed the problem myself. Dealing with Sears Service is about a pleasant as dealing with the IRS. Never Again!!!

My husband contacted Sears about our washer which was making a strange beeping sound every few wash loads. When the technician showed up, he asked my husband to run a cycle in the washing machine so he could diagnose the problem. My husband ran a single load and the machine didn't make the strange noise. The technician then gave my husband a list of part that he should buy to fix the machine and quoted him a cost to fix the machine according to his company, totaling over $600. He also told my husband to purchase the following parts, on his own, and then call the technician on the weekend to install the new parts for a discounted rate of about $400. He did all this without actually touching the machine or hearing anything wrong with the machine during the sample load. We were charged $105 for his to show up at our house.

Then, when I called Sears to complain, they claimed that the diagnostic fee was only for the technician to show up at our home. We paid someone $105 to show up at our door and claim we turned down the cost of fixing the machine without even finding out what was really wrong with it and then charging us extra money to fix something that wasn't wrong. I asked if they could send someone out to actually look at my machine and that claimed that if they sent someone else out, we would need to spend another $105 for him to check our machine, but they still couldn't guarantee that the technician would actually diagnose the problem with my machine. In essence, I'm paying twice for someone to do one job and they are taking advantage of the people who don't know any better and charging them for things that are not necessary.

Bought a washer and dryer 5 months ago. Dryer quit working on sensor drying. Then washer would only put about 1/2 inch water for a regular load. Service man came out. I was told the dryer would never work on sensor dry and he couldn't do anything about that. The washer had an error code in the computer which he fixed. The washer worked fine for about a week, then started doing the same thing again. The same repair man came out. This time I was told there was nothing wrong with the washer and I had wash very small loads with the bulky setting. This was a lie since it worked before. So I called to request another service man. Was then told I would be charged for a service call. I still have a washer that doesn't work, and a dryer that's questionable.

I'm so mad at Sears right now. I have been having problems with my washer for over a month now, trying to fix it myself. Have replaced 3 parts ($100 worth) then called a tech in. Last Thursday he came and diagnosed the problem at a $89.00 fee. It was the control panel. To have him fix it would cost me over $300 dollars. $126 labor fee, $94 part fee. So we declined the repair - paid the diagnostic fee and ordered the part ourselves. I put the part in this morning and of course did not fix the problem. I called Sears this morning and was told by the call rep. that it would not cost me anything to have another tech come out unless he did repairs. I set up the appt. I go to look at my email and noted a fee attached to my appt. I call Sears back and am told that the other rep. was wrong that it is going to cost me money again. $79.00.

I told them no, "I was quoted at $0.” He told me he could drop it to $40. I asked to speak with a manager and was told the same thing. I'm so upset I am spitting tacks. I told them it was BS and cancelled the appt. When you are quoted a $0, they should honor that quote. I was so mad. After talking with Kev. we decided to try it one more time, so I called back to Sears and was calm and set up an appt. for Tomorrow. I was trying to get the Lady to confirm the $40 fee and surprisingly I was disconnected!!! I called back for a 4th time and talk with another rep. She now is back to quoting me $0 fee to come out as it was misdiagnosed to begin with. I'll bet when the tech comes out tomorrow we will pay the full fee. I will never buy another Sears Appliance again!!!

I agree with previous comments. Sears Service Department is slow to respond to requests. I even got sold a Home Warranty after the tech told me this would help. What a scam! They subcontract out the work to other repair entities, then require "approval" after a diagnosis. Twice they have refused to pay for parts - and this is on work they've already done. When I complained, they tried to "up sell" me to a "more complete" policy. I am in the market for a washer-dryer, but would NEVER EVER buy it from Sears. They are either total incompetents or a bunch of crooks, you decide. Better yet, just stay away from them and you'll never be faced with the choice.

I brought washer and dryer washer. As two service tech came to home, one call Sears from my home and told Sears it had to be replace. Sears said yes to the tech, also when I call they said it had to be replace, ask for a new model # for a new one. I gave it to them, they said 5 business days to call them. Ack. When I did they said "no, nothing was wrong with washer". I am going to the court house and file a claim to take Sears to court. I'll never. Buy again from Sears

I ordered a washing machine online. Stated that it was in stock and would be delivered the next morning. Looking at the invoice I was charged for delivery when it said it was free. That made me mad immediately. Got a call later that night that it would be delivered between 8:30 and 10:30'am. Well, noon came and no word. Called customer service (think it must have been in India) was told that my washer would absolutely be delivered that day. At 5:00... called customer service again and put on hold, then told it had to be rescheduled and the soonest would be 5 days out!!! I asked why and he didn't know. Had a very hard time understanding him. Hung up and cooled down a little bit. Called again and cancelled the whole damn deal!!! They offered me $50! if I didn't cancel. REALLY??? I told her that it must be cancelled and not to charge my credit card. Then contacted the credit card company.

I am so infuriated with a Sears and their lousy customer service!!! I cannot believe they are still in business. They won't get any of mine ever again. I went online to Lowe's and ordered a washer. Within 30 minutes I got a call from an actual person at our local store informing me they had it ready!!! Delivered next morning. And I can call them at the store about delivery and not some 800 number to India where they have no clue as to what is going on. I'm mad at myself also for not going to Lowe's to begin with. I have always had the best service at Lowe's. Sears is going to be gone soon with the lousy service they have. I'm DONE!!!

I purchased a Kenmore Washer and Dryer from Sears. Originally, my delivery was scheduled for Friday between 545p and 745p. At 8p, after no delivery, I checked the delivery tracker which had my delivery moved to 11p. They show up at 1045. I was annoyed, but not a big deal. After a few days, it seemed that my clothes were never dry when taken out of the dryer. I started to worry that my dryer wasn't working. Nope. After attaching the exhaust hose, they jammed the dryer back against the wall. Not only did it flatten the hose against the wall, but it destroyed my external vent, stripped the screws and pushed it out of the back of my house.

Angry, I call service. Three days later, two guys show up to "pick up" the dryer. I said I wanted my exhaust fixed and they said, "we don't do that." I again spoke to Service. They told me to expect a call within 3 days to speak with repair. It's been a week, still no call. I finally purchased another external vent fixture and fixed it myself. I will probably call the extended warranty. If I can't get them to help after a few days, what can I expect from them in three years?

I purchased a washer/dryer that per Sears was to be delivered on 7-29-2017 between 0830-1030. The driver said he couldn't find the address though I plugged it in on my phone and was taken right to the front door. He decided not to deliver and that was it. Customer service was nonexistent despite many tries so I was forced to reschedule and then when I called they said I had rescheduled so too bad. Seriously??? What exactly is "customer service". I will not buy from Sears again ever.

My 4 year old washing machine broke for the second time. Last year it required that the "motherboard" computer system be replaced. Now less than a year later the machine broke again. First it took 7 days to get someone to come look at the machine. He was unable to do anything but ordered a new "motherboard" and a new motor. It took 10 days for the parts to arrive and 12 days to have a repairman come fix the machine. He came and said that the previous repairman ordered the incorrect parts and he would reorder them.

At this point I have gone 19 days without being able to do any laundry. I asked if the parts could be overnight shipped and a repairman come out in the next day or two to put in the new parts and was told that that was not how the system worked. He did put an emergency request in but I still could not get a repairman scheduled for another 8 days making it 27 days without laundry. This system seems wrong and it seems to me that Sears is not taking responsibility for ordering the incorrect parts to start with. If the system was customer focused then the parts could be overnight shipped and a repairman scheduled to come out within another day or two. Very disappointed and would not recommend Sears for repairs.

I purchased a Samsung washer and dryer 2 1/2 years ago at Sears. I paid $1900 for this "state of the art" system. The dryer suddenly stopped heating 0n 7/11/17. I contacted Sears to service. I paid $257 to have it repaired, on 7/13/17. Only to find out it was extremely hot and the system kept shutting off and giving an error code of HE, suggestive of a heating error. I had Sears service a 2nd time, on 7/18/2017. They said it was fixed, by replacing the thermometer. Again, the dryer would not heat to dry. I made a 3rd appt, my window was between 1p-5p, on 7/21/2017. I had someone wait at my house the entire afternoon. I never received a call from the technician nor had the person waiting at my home, as with previous times. At almost 5p, I decided to contact Sears. I was then told, that the technician had been delayed and my new window was 4:30p to 6:30p. I was assured that the service tech was on his way.

About 5 minutes after ending the phone call, I received a call from another department at Sears, stating that the appt had to be rescheduled, because the technician had come to my home at 4:45p and no one was home. Not only did that add insult to the injury, but I was upset and frustrated at this point. I explained to the customer rep that I have a camera system on my home, I receive notification on my cell phone when someone is at the front door and that this service tech had lied and was never at my home. I then asked to speak with a manager/supervisor to which I was told that the manager was busy and could not speak with me. The only thing that could be done was to reschedule the appointment for Monday 7/24.

The customer service tech told me the Manager, Jenay, would call me back. I also asked to speak with the technician, Christopher's manager, whose name I was told was also Chris. He also conveniently could not speak with me, nor did he call me back, as I requested. I then called back the 1-800 number for Sears home service and was not even offered an apology. Sears has no regard for the customer. Their managers disregard customer complaints and allow the employees to fabricate stories and not complete their assigned tasks for the day. Not only am I out the money spend originally on this dryer, but also out the $257 botch repair job by Sears employees. Not to mention, inconvenienced for over 2 weeks without a dryer. Sears employees are allowed to treat customers in a poor and disgusting manner.

My Kenmore washing machine and dryer, from Sears, broke in APRIL. I called Sears to come fix it and they told me I would be better off buying the contract and having one of their service techs fix the machine. I bought the contract and was told they could fix anything. The first visit, the man came to fix the dryer. He was here for about 2 hours and left. The dryer did not work 3 hours after he left, so I called again to have the man come back.

The second visit, the man came back to fix the dryer again and he took a look at the washing machine. They fixed the dryer and took the washing machine apart. Needed to order a part, so we waited another 2 weeks to get another appointment and the part. Man comes back again with the part and now needs another part that he didn't order last time. Now I have to wait another 3 weeks for them to come back. Long story short... Sears came back about 5 times and every time they had the wrong part. I have 4 wrong parts from Sears because no one could figure it out. My washing machine has been broken for MONTHS and they still haven't found the part to fix it.

According to this great contract I bought, they needed to determine that the machine was not fixable to get the free replacement, as promised. It was determined that the machine could not be fixed, so I was getting a new machine... but Sears then decided that they won't replace it because the part rusted out. They don't cover rust... even though the machine rusted and shouldn't have (a defect). So, it's been FOUR months now, I still have a broken washing machine and no one will come in to fix it because Sears took it apart and it's in pieces in my basement. I have spent hundreds of dollars on laundry services and the inconvenience of schlepping my wash out of the house every other day.

What's worse is that SEARS has washed their hands and they really don't care what happens to their customers. Their contract is useless and the customer service reps don't really attempt to make this better. What a huge disappointment. THERE ARE TONS OF OTHER PRODUCTS ON THE MARKET.

DON'T BUY SEARS PRODUCTS OR THE WARRANTY.

I got off a 12 month CONUS deployment with the US Army on May 29th. During the deployment I was able to buy a new manufacture home, it needed a washer and dryer. June 1st I was ordered to attend a month long military training mission, but because of the gracefulness of my Commander, I was able to secure a late start so I could get things at home situated before beginning the mission. Around June 6th, my girlfriend had to order the washer and dryer using my credit card information because I could not do it in time. A few days later she received an email stating that the payment did not go through because I was not present... Really? For an online purchase? Fine. She used her credit card and I wired her the money, while I was in the field.

A few days later she received another email, order not processed, but they still charged her charge... She calls and gets it resolved, but they charged her card TWO additional times around $1800 EACH. She calls again and they schedule a refund 7-10 business days. Washer and dryer scheduled for July 10th. I get back and start work after being gone for 13 months. I take the day off on the 10th to wait for the washer and dryer. They called to reschedule for the 13th. I took the day off on the 13th. They reschedule for the 18th. Then the 20th. Then the 21st. At this point, I HAVE LOST MORE MONEY NOT WORKING than the original $1800 cost of the washer and dryer. I called the customer service department on the 19th and they stated that the order WAS COMPLETELY CANCELLED. They transferred me to the delivery department which assured me it was on schedule for delivery. I have the names and employee ID numbers to prove it.

I call corporate to file a complaint. Corporate said that the order WAS COMPLETELY CANCELLED and directed me to the online store where we made the purchase. They informed me that the order WAS COMPLETELY CANCELLED. They then transferred me BACK to the delivery department which again assured me that the delivery would be on the 20th. I have TWO duffle bags full of stinky sweaty uniforms, no clean socks for work, no clean underwear, and no patience. I said "** this." We canceled the order and ordered the same washer and dryer from Home Depot (for less money and delivery in less than a week). Their first few excuses for the delays were due to the manufacturer. Then on the 18th, their excuse was operational damage to the machines and reordering new products. Let me get this straight, it took SIX ** weeks to get the first set and you can magically conjure a new set in two days?

I purchased a washer and dryer from Sears. All went well for the first year then as soon as the warranty was expired the washer broke down. I was forced to buy a maintenance agreement that will cover all parts and labor for the washer. They fixed the problems but soon after it broke down again. They came back on three different occasions and demanded us to do thing before they can fix it. For example, take machine down from dryer because they couldn't work on it otherwise. The repairman left because he couldn't wait until we brought down machine. We had to wait another couple of weeks before another repairman showed up. This repair guy ordered a part and told us we have to take hose off the machine in order for him to replace part. Weeks passed again until the repair guy came back. This time he changed the part but said he could not test the machine since the water hoses were disconnected.

I said I will put back even though they told me to take them off. The repair guy said he could not wait and left without testing machine to see if it worked. I put back hose and a day later machine broke down again. I called and a few weeks later another repair guy showed up just to order another part. Now we are waiting another couple of weeks to get the part. All this time without a washing machine and the maintenance agreement is expiring soon. Sears customer service said they cannot extend the maintenance agreement even though I have been without a machine for weeks and still waiting. As a former employee of Sears I really thought highly of them and now I will never buy from them ever again.

Unfortunately I have to give them a star. I ordered a new washer and dryer from Sears. The delivery date was Wednesday. I wasn't able to be there for delivery so I had a buddy rearrange his work schedule so he could be there for delivery. I paid him for his time. Well sears didn't call me until after they were supposed to be there to tell me the warehouse didn't have the appliances and would have to rescheduled for Friday... which you know ** happens and it's only two more days so I was cool with it, but anyway I had to call off so I could be there for the delivery on Friday.

Well halfway through the delivery time they decided to call tell me they weren't going to be able to deliver and had to reschedule again for Saturday and again not that big of a problem. It's only one day well that brings us today. I had my mom Go to my house to wait for these guys but instead of sears calling me when the delivery truck left the building sears decided to call me 20 minutes after the maximum wait time to tell me the warehouse didnt have the appliances and that they could be there Monday.... So I called corporate and what I was told is they couldn't compensate for any of that. All they can do is deliver the product Monday. I told them I didn't want to do business with them and to cancel the order. Then I was offered a $60 gift card... Long story short if you wanna get ** shop at sears

Apparently front loaders are notorious for mold and it's known even by Sears. I however expect to buy product that is not known to be faulty. I have had this odor on my families (including my 1 yr old) clothing. We have ran vinegar, bleach and washing machine cleaners several times to get rid of the odor. Come to find out its mold. Growing in the rubber gasket. I physically scrubbed the gasket and it won’t come out because it is IN the gasket. It's gross and unsanitary!!! I called Sears and was offered no help after being passed along to 3 separate people! The last one spoke to me like I was his child and wanted to hear nothing I had to say! I am so frustrated by the "customer service" I received and I think SEARS SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEIR SELVES when it involves the health of people especially children???

Purchased a Samsung washer and dryer in May 2017 from the Sears in Hyannis, MA. Salesperson was motivated to make a sale and did a great job at that. We had the washer and dryer delivered shortly after. It's been less than 2 months and have had to call for repairs on the dryer 3 different times. The shuffle was horrible. We called the Sears service department as we had already lost 2 days in wages waiting for the repairmen. We have damaged clothing as a result of the wait for a repairmen. We got hung up on by everyone as they weren't able to find a supervisor.

We're a hardworking family and have saved up to purchase these machines. The repairmen just left yesterday and today the machine is broken again. The closest repair date is in 2 weeks and my husband and I are running out of PTO days. We want our money back or have the machine replaced. Sears is not standing by us and furthermore has made this experience a living hell. Sears has been around for a long time and is NOTHING compared to what it used to be. If you have unlimited resources and are willing to gamble to continue shopping at Sears. If not, do yourselves a favor and go elsewhere. They still know how to sell but will no longer stand behind their sale once the product is out of the store. As customers, we're no longer important. Shame on you Sears and your corporate offices.

So my washer stopped spinning, figured must be a coupler. Call Sears, guy comes out, on time actually, looks at the washer for approximately 30 seconds and tells me all this bs about gear casing going out and what not. I asked him if he checked the coupler, that man had the audacity to look me in the eye and tell me yes! I almost lost it on him but kept my cool. This man never even bent over, I was with him the entire time. To check the coupler in a washer, you have to get underneath it. Well long story short, A-1 Marks came out, a local company here in Indiana, spent about 20 minutes with my washer, replacing the coupler, and now it's spinning like new. Btw, Sears’ guy said it would be roughly a thousand bucks to get my washer working, I just spent less than 160 bucks and it's working like new. Sears is AWFUL, everything OVERPRICED, customer service is WHACK, and worst of all they're DISHONEST. NEVER USE SEARS, YOU HAVE A TRASH CAN THAT COULD USE YOUR MONEY MORE THAN SEARS COULD.

Delivery driver shows up by his self. Unhooks washer and dryer in basement. Puts new washer and dryer in garage. Says he will return when his helper shows up for work. Does not return. When contacting customer service they say they can send someone out in 3-4 days to finish delivery/set up. Wow unbelievable poor service.

Sears is all about bait and switch and dishonesty. All of the employees are trained to tell a customer anything to get you off the phone and not service their products. I purchased a Master Service Agreement (bait) which is as useless as the paper it is written on. I am placed on the low priority repair list (switch) because they already have my money for the service agreement! Sears is going out of business because of their extremely poor service model and cheap products.

I had to wait 3+ weeks to get a technician who was scheduled to arrive between 11-1 and shows up at 9:00! He then has no parts to repair and cannot figure out how to fix washing machine. He and the "Stack technician" guessed and then tell me parts have to be ordered and a follow up date to replace parts. Now told 10 more days at least before technician can return to repair.

I have put up with this disrespectful behavior from Sears too many times to tolerate ever again. I will junk these appliances because they are lemons and NEVER purchase anything from Sears again. I have been told so many lies and excuses. It is appalling. I will file complaints with BBB and Attorney Generals Office. Don't waste your money on the junk Sears sales and the lack of service on any of their products after the sale!!

I ordered a pressure washer on 7/4/17 online but nowhere in my order did it indicate that my item would not be ready for 2 weeks. I found that out when I received my confirmation email. On 7/5/17 I called the customer service number on my confirmation email to cancel my order. Irwin did not speak English well or understand it well either which made it difficult and frustrating to get my point across. Unfortunately Irwin was not able to help me and informed me that he escalated my request for cancellation and I would receive cancellation confirmation email in 24-48 hours then in another 24-48 hours confirmation of my refund. Well 5 days later I receive an email about my cancellation telling me to call the store that I was supposed to pick the item up at to cancel at the number they provided, which was the wrong number. After I located the correct number the local associate was very helpful but I will never order from Sears online again!

Washer will no work as said, Will not clean clothes, Will not get all clothes wet, Has ruined almost everything we own. I will never buy from Sears again. We have bought lots and lots of things from Sears over the last 50 years. I am done. We bought a washer and have called 3 times to have it returned or fixed. IT WILL NOT CLEAN THE CLOTHES. I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

I purchased a Kenmore Elite washer in November. Started having problems approx. 6 weeks ago. A technician came, tried to fix it but problems not solved. Called Sears Maintenance and the technician said he needed to order a part. Two appointments later and a no-show both times with the scheduling time being changed throughout the day for both appointments and still no show. The last appointment was for July 6 and the last scheduling time was 5:45 to 7:45 with different windows for showing up changing throughout the day. The Technician arrival window has been 8:00am to 5:00pm. Husband missed at least 3 (three) days work and still no show from technician. Sears sent out a new schedule date at 6:14 pm today, July 6, with no explanation for technician not showing. The new appointment is scheduled for Monday, July 10, 2017.

How many Chinese decoy products have you purchased recently that just don't work from day one. I call them "decoy products" because they are designed to encourage you to buy them because they look like the real thing. But they don't behave like the real thing. Indeed they simply don't work at all. Recently I purchased a Whirlpool, model number HTW200ASK1WW, washing machine from Sears on the Sears card. Well forgive me because it sure looked like a washing machine. Unfortunately my purchase turned out to be a Chinese decoy product designed to impersonate the traditional washing machine of yesteryear and steal my money. Not an exaggeration, I'm an electronics Engineer who once designed Pentiums: from day one it never worked.

Sears claims a 1-year GE manufacturers warranty. It's a lie! Within the first 45 days, the technician came once with no show 3 times subsequently within a sequential 5 day period. Both Sears and GE claim no responsibility and phone calls to either results in an infinite maze of deferred responsibility to someone else at another phone number. Miserably, I bought the product on the Sears card. Big mistake, because there's no ability to charge back and defend your claim! Sears and GE have created the appearance of a legal loop hole, collaborated and conspired to entrap the unwary customer and steal their hard earned money. I was forced to spend an additional $500 just yesterday, on another machine after three weeks of laundry accumulated in a giant heap in my home office. What a shame Sears is in the process of declaring bankruptcy. What has happened to the good old "Made in the USA"? Show me directions to America, please. Anybody?

I have service contract for my Kenmore washer and dryer. My washer needed a major repair that I have to wait one month to get it done. During repair, technician moved the washer, and remove power plug of dryer. After the repair, the service technician forget to insert my dryer power plug into the outlet. They left big damaged washer tumbler in front of my garage without removing them. I am not able to insert power plug back into outlet unless I can move the washer on the side. The washer is too heavy to move. I called the same day to Sears at 530 pm to request technician to come back but they cannot. The next day, I called Sears escalation dept to ask for a technician to come today to help me move the washer and plugging the power outlet. They cannot do so. It is just terrible service and professionalism.

Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Company Profile