Sears Washers & Dryers

Compare Washers and Dryers

Research top Washers and Dryers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

A salesman at Sears asked me if I wanted a discount for opening a Sears card. I said yes, and when it turned out he was opening a MasterCard account, not a Sears card. Canceling a MasterCard hurts one's credit rating. I caught it in time, and just opened a Sears card. When buying a washing machine, I asked if the installation and haul away included removing the drainage pan under my current machine. HE INSISTED THAT THERE WOULD BE NO PROBLEM REMOVING THE DRAINAGE PAN, even after I told him several times that I thought it was attached to the floor.

When the delivery arrived, I showed the delivery man the washer and he said there was NO WAY THEY COULD REMOVE THE DRAINAGE PAN. I had to cancel the order (before they even unpacked the washer) since it couldn't be installed. It's been over a week, and after 2 days on online chat and on the phone with Sears, they say it'll be up to 2 weeks more before I get my refund. I will never return to Sears.

Beware the appliances! We bought a dryer they told us was a floor model. No delivery available on floor models so I had to drive back to Los Banos, get my truck and pick it up myself. Got the dryer home and it didn't work. I called Sears and they told me the customer buys open box items at their own risk. What? If I bought something at the flea market I would expect it to work! Anyway, we checked the lint filter and discovered it had been used and returned. Sears put it back out on the floor and sold it, to us, in a non working condition. I had to take it back to Sears where the store manager told me "sorry". There was no effort to compensate me for my time or gas. No recognition that they lied to us. Sears should be ashamed!

Purchase a washer and dryer over a year ago. Washer doesn't clean clothes and everything is in a bundle after rinse and spend. When I wash sheets. All the towels is in a big round bundle inside the sheets. # 25132. I will never buy another Sears Kenmore washer. The water level is too low.

Absolutely worst experience ever with purchasing appliances. Was planning a move on March 9th. Purchased a washer and dryer on February 6th. Delivery date was March 10th. Enough time? Not. I was notified on March 9th that my dryer was not available. Therefore, they rescheduled me for March 25th. Delivery arrives on March 10th. My washer only. I called Sears. They had no idea that the washer was delivered. They told me my dryer would arrive on the 25th. It did, but the delivery personnel who came on the 10th, didn't check my connections. They were unable to install it. My dryer remained in my entrance way for a week. I couldn't use my washer, because it was supposed to plug into my dryer. So, I'm taking my laundry out. They came again on March 30th. They installed my washer and dryer. The washer works. The dryer doesn't. It won't dry clothes and shuts off every 2 minutes.

They came out again today, April 5th. They were to exchange the dryer for a new dryer. I was ready to see if the dryer worked while the delivery man was here. It didn't. It continued to shut off. The other problem - they delivered a dryer with a door on the wrong side. I had spoken with Sears yesterday to ensure that the door would be placed correctly, when it was installed. They ensured me that it would. The driver today, told me that he doesn't know how to correct this. I told him that I would not accept deliverance of a dryer that doesn't work and is not the dryer I purchased. He said he would call his office. He got them on the phone. I was also calling Sears. The driver stepped out and left my front door open. I was expecting him to return to talk to me. I looked outside and they had gone.

Never again will I step a foot inside of Sears. Never again will I purchase anything from Sears. Did not deliver the appliances purchased, that functioned after 4 visits. I have called them to pick up the washer and dryer. I want a full refund of my more that $3000.00 purchase. Oh, did I mention? These are Bosch appliances. They are supposed to be high end. Save yourself a lot of time and money.

I purchased washer and dryer on MAR. 5. Finally I received them until 29th March. In the meantime I called Sears service at least 50 times to ask them when I can get my washer and dryer. When I received the washer and dryer I found them did not have power cord. I called Sears and spoke with one of manager. His name is MIKE. He is so rude. He blame all the things are my responsible because I choose the floor model, even the machine have big problems without used. Just simply told me NOT RETURN with terrible attitude!!! What's the service of SEARS. What's the manager! Really shame on SEARS is the way Sears treating customers! No wonder SEARS collapse one by one! Pls do go to Sears anymore, they will let you down!

I called Sears call center many departments, no one can solved my problems. The Mike is so mean. That MIKE (CTACIQ supervisor) did not feel any sorry! Seems to said all because I buy floor model I desired without power cord and it looks like all my responsibility! And I'm afraid I haven't use the machines yet (because without power cord). What if they are all broken? Who I can get help from? THE Mike is a supervisor of Sears so I think I cannot get any help from Sears call center! Hopeless! Pls help me!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Purchased a washer and dryer from Sears last May. Washer quit working last Friday and I called Sears for a warranty repair. The earliest they could offer me a repair time was one week out. This is totally unacceptable. They have also sent their call center work apparently overseas. What happened to the tried and true Sears corporation that we grew up depending on for great products and service? If I needed to purchase another washer and dryer today, I would look elsewhere.

Bought Maytag Bravos series washer from Sears. Water level never rose above an inch even when I designated "Deep Wash" category. Called Sears and they delivered another machine which did the same thing. Trying to resolve this issue via automated phone lines was taxing to say the least. Worst shopping experience ever. After decades of building a reputation for excellence Maytag has fallen into the abyss. Sears is not doing much better with their disconnections and little follow up. I could not speak to a tech. You can schedule a repair day without a timeframe until the night before. They would refer you to Maytag even though they are responsible the first 30 days. They stated they will refund me after 2 weeks of disappointments. I contacted my credit card company to contest payment as back up. I am too suspect of Sears at this point.

One minute I'm told I can have a narrowed down time slot that fits my work schedule needs, as well as the technician I want (as long as I have his ID number), then the next time I need a repair I'm told I can't get a time slot or the technician I want. All times are the same unreasonable time slot. From 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. That is a 9 hour arrival window!!! Who does that?!? Do they think people don't have jobs they have to go to?!? I gave a window of 6 hours still. I requested from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. and was told no!!! I paid for this busted washer that I've had to have repaired 5 times in a year!!! And seemingly I paid for this piece of garbage so Sears can have control my life!!! Mark my words... I WILL NEVER... NEVER... NEVER... EVER buy another thing from Sears. Here's hoping I can sue them and get my money back!!!

Our new Whirlpool washing machine WFW75HEFW0 broke. We were advised it would take two weeks for service. When we complained to Sears appointment was scheduled in 10 days. Needed to allow 8 hour service window. Day before appointment, garbled voice mail is indicating appointment was being cancelled. Call back rescheduled for late afternoon on I it'll appointment day. No show cancellation. Now rescheduled for 8 more days. All while we need to drive to laundromat and incur substantial monetary costs as well as substantial time loss. I'm waiting to see what happens next but I've been a 40 year buyer of Sears appliances and do not plan to be a customer.

My husband and I have purchase MANY home appliances. We happened to be close to a Sears store on President's Day weekend so we went and took a look around. We found a washer and dryer that we liked and purchased. We were told that we had earned points to purchase in store or online. Those points were nearly IMPOSSIBLE to use! Anyways, we were preparing to move (in state) and set up the shipment. When our "professional service team" arrived, they got in a hurry and broke our brand new dryer! Ok, fine, but the reschedule was set for an ENTIRE WEEK LATER! Actually, it was originally 3 days but then I got an email saying "Sorry for the inconvenience... blah... FRIDAY (a week later)." All efforts to talk to customer service resulted in nothing but lies and deception. Seriously, we are really good people and smart consumers and Sears took us for the worst ride. Save your money and go with someone else!!!

We purchased a new Kenmore washing machine from Sears in February 2016. We later determined that is was actually an used machine. We found a service record in the owner's manual. In November our washer broke. After 6 weeks, etc service visits and 6 parts, they reassemble our washer. We did maybe two loads and our washer began to sound like it was ready for lift off. We then called Sears again, another service visit, 4 more parts ordered!! The day our parts were all delivered, our washer completely broke again. Now waiting on device technician to arrive to look at it again. They refuse to replace my washer. This will make 10 new parts ordered and probably more now that my washer is completely now working. Just replace my washer with a new one.

Was sold a lemon washing machine. I have kids and animals... The machine does not clean our clothes. When I called to see if they could do something to help me, they hid behind their "policy" and said there was nothing they could do to help me. When I asked to speak with the manager, she told me "no". So very disappointing to see such a lack of respect for its clients. I spent a lot of money with Sears for these appliances that do not work. That will be the last time I ever spend my money there.

I purchased a washer and dryer from the Sears in the Walden Galleria mall in Buffalo, NY on Saturday February 19th. They were scheduled to be delivered which they were on Tuesday February 21st. Upon delivery we were made aware that we needed an electric dryer and not the gas we had ordered. The delivery men took the new dryer as well as our old one and told us he would find us the correct appliance. They stated I would receive a phone call by 12 pm. After not receiving a phone call that day I called the next day and they said processing on the returned new appliances would take seven to ten business days. I called Sears customer service and was told to call the store directly. I spoke to Eric of the Walden Galleria location and he told me there was no one to talk to at the moment. He gave me an 800 number to call to get a refund on the dryer.

After calling the number that wasn't connected, I called the store back and spoke with Eric again and he told me "there is obviously something wrong with your phone. Did you dial a 1 before the 800?" I repeated the number to him and he informed me he gave me the wrong number. After calling the new 800 number, a woman informed me that the delivery man should not have taken the dryer. If he hadn't, we could've switched it with a different model but because it was gone, I would have to wait 7-10 days for the refund to be processed on my card. She checked to see the original dryer was back in the warehouse and told me I would have to go online to order a new one because the store is closing. The store is actually closing at the end of March and still has several models on site, several in boxes.

I would like to say I wished I had got a big mouth washer and dryer. The brand itself is great but when it comes down to washing comforters I tried one of mine in my machine and well just say will not be using that one any longer. Thank You.

I bought new washer dryer from Sears online. The washer died after 90 days. First repair tech said the main board was out and they don't stock those so I waited 2 more weeks to get part. 2nd tech came and replaced board and washer died after first load. Now they're telling me that their policy to replace under warranty requires three service calls where parts are replaced. Repair calls where parts are not replaced don't count. So I've been without washer for 3 weeks and a third tech is scheduled this week. I have been a loyal Sears customer for 40 years but their service is contracted out now and getting help is a never ending loop of calls to the Philippines where they just read a script. I WILL NEVER BUY SEARS AGAIN.

My senior parents bought a new stackable washer and dryer that was guaranteed for 12 months. The washer water pump quit working and had to be replaced. The repair didn't work then the circuit board had to be replaced. My parents purchased an extended warranty thankfully. The repairman just left again... The circuit board again needs to be replaced. And the renewal for the warranty is due again! They should add $300 a year to their cost per year to operate... to cover the extended warranty necessary to keep it running!

I had bad experience with Sears back on 2013 about their delivery and I think I will not buy anything from them again but we bought a new house in 2016 and need new appliances so I told myself just give Sears another chance. We went there on black Friday and bought washer, dryer, stove, microwave from Kenmore. Everything seem fine, I got everything deliver on time, didn't use the wash in weeks because we still moving in. When my husband use washer for the first time, he said, "There're noises, it was shaking and does felt like earthquake." I didn't believe him because it was brand new and good product. I tried myself and I couldn't believe it, I can feel my heart is beating hard because I can feel my floor is moving. I called Sears, they transfer me to 3-4 people, some doesn't speak well English. Finally they told me I have to go back to store because I bought it there.

Another thing I should mention is I am pregnant and tired, my husband work a lot and he not home most of the time. So I have to deal with them for like 3 hours, I finally gave up and went to Sears in Tacoma Mall, Wa, where I bought it. I even took a video to show them. There is the lady, Jasmine, I showed her the video. She said, "It's not normal," and told me to call repair service again. I told her I would like her to help me with it so she said, "Okay." I finally have someone come to fix it. They said Friday so I took day off and waiting for them so they called and said because of snow they can't not come, which is not true. I didn't see any snow in Tacoma that day but oh well, what can you do. They came and fix it. I thought that is it. But it happened again, same thing. At this time I did not bother to call repair anymore, I went straight to store.

Oh I forgot to say I have problem with microwave I bought from them as well, call store to check if I can return it because it's more than 30 days already. Called so many time no one pick up. Finally one guy pick up but said can't not help me so I said I wanted to speak to manager. He gave me the name, and said will give manager a message but I never hear back from them again. Back to story with washer, I went to store, spoke to Jasmine again, she don't even recognized me, let her watch the second video I took. She called customer repair, after 3 transfer I got a date next week. And I told her about the microwave and the message to manager and she said, "He will not care." Wow, manager doesn't care about complaint from customers so how they can run business, just take money and don't even blink to think how hard people have to work for it?

And another thing is she kept telling me because I did not buy their warranty that's why I have to deal with this. I was like, "So you are saying your brand new product is not good, that's why I need warranty and I will get better service if I spend more money for you guys." It doesn't make sense to me and most people work there just keep looking at me like I did something wrong. Yes I raised my voice because I am upset with their services. If you can not fix it then return me the money or replace it with another one. If you keep sending people to fix it then your product is not good. No wonder their business is going down. I honestly don't think I will ever buy anything from them again.

On November 3 we bought a new Kenmore Top Load High Efficiency Washer. Sears did exactly what they promised. They delivered the machine on the scheduled day and hauled off the old machine. The guys that did the install were great. The problem is that in the last two weeks we have sometimes have water on the floor when we run a load of clothes.

I called the Sears 800 service number on December 28. They tell me that the machine is not leaking. It is splashing water out of the machine and there is nothing that can be done about it. I have watched the machine run through the glass top and have trouble believing that water is splashing out. I also wonder why if did not have the problem for the first 10 weeks. Sears told me there was nothing to be done and I would have to live with it. I may go back to the store and see if I can find out anything else. One thing is for sure is that if Kenmore can't design a washer that does leak (or splash) water on the floor I will sure never buy another one.

Brought a stackable washer and dryer in November of 2015. Had it delivered late December early January due to remodeling. Call tonight 12/21/2016. Washer is tearing up my clothes and I have called several times about the dryer always having lint falling and flying everywhere when I open the door after cycle. I am one of those "OK, I will try whatever they say." Well I called today and wanted a service call on them because this is still happening?? After about 15 minutes on hold they tell me, "Sorry warranty has ran out. We don't go by delivery date. We go by purchase date."

"What? Please let me talk to supervisor." His name was James and he said, "Sorry but this is how we work it here at Sears." So I said, "Is there someone higher up I can speak to?" He said no. He was it. So I mark this one up to never buy anything early again to make sure I get it and think twice before going to Sears. I should have took time to read other reviews that would of told me to go elsewhere.

This is the second time I have purchased a high end product from Sears and their delivery has been scheduled 3 days out and 15 minutes before the delivery window was expired they called to cancel. They then rescheduled for 4 days in the future. It will have taken us over a week to have a washer delivered. I will never purchase from Sears again!

We've had this dryer for 20 years with no issues. This is our first gas dryer and we recommend gas to all our friends. Quick, efficient and leaves the clothes soft and with much less static electricity. The features are not extensive but it does the job for us.

Lint not staying in the screen. It comes out all over the front door and flies in my face. I have to clean entire door from lint gathering on it. Very dangerous for me since I am disabled. Have called for service 4 time and finally the repair person told me machine was fault. I would love to know my legal rights to have machine replaced.

Very good product. Never had any problems with it drying. Sears has a very good product. Nothing more to say. It never let me down yet. Been in new home 5 years and it was there when we bought the home.

This is a recent purchase. There are so many more choices than we had on the dryer replaced. Was difficult to get it turned on but this is really no great problem. So far, it appears to do as good a job as the old dryer did.

Solid workhorse. Simple. Gets the job done quickly. Minimal energy usage!!! My dryer is only as good as the care and weekly maintained cleaning it gets and deserves. The dryer has to handle tons of pet hair and constant heavy bed linens, so I make sure the lint catcher is always cleaned out. I also make sure it runs super efficiently by using tennis balls to help get the hot air onto and in every article in there.

I had bought a washer and dryer. The washer has broke down 6 times and I have an extended warranty that I bought. They said it had to break down 4 times within a year to have it replaced. The dryer has broken down two times. I've had it for 3 years and the warranty is now almost up. I'm sure you'll break down again and I will be out of warranty. Also I'm on my third gas grill and it cuts cost more than the original Grill. They wanted $200 for the parts and I paid 140 for the grill. I will never ever buy anything at Sears again and I have bought a lot - fridgerators, dishwashers, lawn mowers. I have started to go to Home Depot. They back everything.

Bought an electric dryer & washer to replace old gas dryer & washer. Explained to sales rep that if they could convert my gas dryer to electric. Guys says no problem. Everything will be taken care of and I should be worry free. On day of the delivery they will install my new electric dryer and washer. I reminded that I don't have the big 3-4 electric prongs for the electric dryer and ask if they will also convert my regular outlet to the 3 prong outlet to fit my dryer. Sales rep says yes I don't have to worry. Day of delivery there was two gentlemen who deliver the washer and dryer to my basement. They barely speak English. They took a look at my old washer and dryer and says, "No, can't fix. You call Sears." Then the two of them left so quickly. I call Sears and they told me that they don't convert from gas to electric and I would have to hire someone to come and convert and then call them back and someone will come install the appliances.

I was so mad I told them to send someone back to get the appliance and refund my money. The sales put me on hold for 20 minutes and came back that they will have someone come and convert the gas to electric. And they will call me back at the end of the day to confirm time and date. Never receive call back so call Sears again. The lady I spoke to have no idea I was talking about and says I would have to hire someone to convert it. So upset I told them just pick up the appliances and refund my money. She scheduled the pick up for Saturday between 9-11 am.

That day I didn't get a call until 11:15 or so. They call me and made an excuse saying their truck broke down and I would have to wait till Monday between 9-11 am again. Made the day repeat twice what time and date for the pick up. Then on Monday no call no show. Call sears back and they said that they never said Monday. It's will be schedule for Tuesday pick up now. So frustrated I yell at the lady their service sucks and I have been a member for 20 something years. I will never purchase anything from Sears again. Keeping my fingers cross that they pick tomorrow or I'm going to the nearest store to complain.

I made an account specifically to complain about Sears. My mom order a washer and dryer about a month ago from Sears. The dryer door was opening the wrong way, so it had to be sent back. The second time the dryer was STILL the wrong way and sent back again. The third time the dryer door was right, but it was scratched and the crew dented our wall and molding while trying to bring it in. Now it is the fourth week without a dryer and it never showed up.

My mom called customer service and they said it is not coming until Monday and they don't do Saturday deliveries in our area. All three previous dryers were delivered on Saturday and they did not inform us ahead of time via text or phone that they were changing the date?! Unbelievable. My mom is currently on hold waiting to speak to a supervisor. Sears customer service is horrible and completely unreliable. I would highly recommend that NO ONE ever order something from Sears. I never write reviews for businesses, but I am writing one for Sears because this is the most horrible customer service experience.

They are both still working just fine after 21 years, despite my using the top of them as a work bench at times. Outside, I have been extremely tough on the finish...but inside, they keep cranking on. In my 70 years on this earth, I have never seen this level of reliability. They are used at a minimum, twice a week, often 3 times a week. I wish I knew who made this pair, although I suspect they aren't made this way any more. It's been...and it still is...a great washer and dryer set.

Purchased a Kenmore Washer & Dryer a few years back. Have been happy with both appliances until the lint tray in the dryer became unseated. The lint tray, over time, starts to "pop up" from its sleeve in the dryer and results in clothes catching on it. As a result, one of two things happens: 1. The clothes tear or, 2. The clothes get twisted into a tight knot that, when untwisted, leaves the clothes stretched, misshapen and, in some cases ruined. We replaced the lint tray once and the issue was resolved, but after another year, the new tray has "popped up" and we are--again - having to throw away ruined clothes. Have tried contacting Sears "Contact Us" three times and have yet to receive any response. DO NOT BUY THIS DRYER unless you have evidence the issue has been resolved... It will cost you more than it is worth when you have to replace hundreds (easily) of dollars of clothing ruined by this poor design.

Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Company Profile