Sears Washers & Dryers

Compare Washers and Dryers

Research top Washers and Dryers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Our new Whirlpool washing machine WFW75HEFW0 broke. We were advised it would take two weeks for service. When we complained to Sears appointment was scheduled in 10 days. Needed to allow 8 hour service window. Day before appointment, garbled voice mail is indicating appointment was being cancelled. Call back rescheduled for late afternoon on I it'll appointment day. No show cancellation. Now rescheduled for 8 more days. All while we need to drive to laundromat and incur substantial monetary costs as well as substantial time loss. I'm waiting to see what happens next but I've been a 40 year buyer of Sears appliances and do not plan to be a customer.

My husband and I have purchase MANY home appliances. We happened to be close to a Sears store on President's Day weekend so we went and took a look around. We found a washer and dryer that we liked and purchased. We were told that we had earned points to purchase in store or online. Those points were nearly IMPOSSIBLE to use! Anyways, we were preparing to move (in state) and set up the shipment. When our "professional service team" arrived, they got in a hurry and broke our brand new dryer! Ok, fine, but the reschedule was set for an ENTIRE WEEK LATER! Actually, it was originally 3 days but then I got an email saying "Sorry for the inconvenience... blah... FRIDAY (a week later)." All efforts to talk to customer service resulted in nothing but lies and deception. Seriously, we are really good people and smart consumers and Sears took us for the worst ride. Save your money and go with someone else!!!

We purchased a new Kenmore washing machine from Sears in February 2016. We later determined that is was actually an used machine. We found a service record in the owner's manual. In November our washer broke. After 6 weeks, etc service visits and 6 parts, they reassemble our washer. We did maybe two loads and our washer began to sound like it was ready for lift off. We then called Sears again, another service visit, 4 more parts ordered!! The day our parts were all delivered, our washer completely broke again. Now waiting on device technician to arrive to look at it again. They refuse to replace my washer. This will make 10 new parts ordered and probably more now that my washer is completely now working. Just replace my washer with a new one.

Was sold a lemon washing machine. I have kids and animals... The machine does not clean our clothes. When I called to see if they could do something to help me, they hid behind their "policy" and said there was nothing they could do to help me. When I asked to speak with the manager, she told me "no". So very disappointing to see such a lack of respect for its clients. I spent a lot of money with Sears for these appliances that do not work. That will be the last time I ever spend my money there.

I purchased a washer and dryer from the Sears in the Walden Galleria mall in Buffalo, NY on Saturday February 19th. They were scheduled to be delivered which they were on Tuesday February 21st. Upon delivery we were made aware that we needed an electric dryer and not the gas we had ordered. The delivery men took the new dryer as well as our old one and told us he would find us the correct appliance. They stated I would receive a phone call by 12 pm. After not receiving a phone call that day I called the next day and they said processing on the returned new appliances would take seven to ten business days. I called Sears customer service and was told to call the store directly. I spoke to Eric of the Walden Galleria location and he told me there was no one to talk to at the moment. He gave me an 800 number to call to get a refund on the dryer.

After calling the number that wasn't connected, I called the store back and spoke with Eric again and he told me "there is obviously something wrong with your phone. Did you dial a 1 before the 800?" I repeated the number to him and he informed me he gave me the wrong number. After calling the new 800 number, a woman informed me that the delivery man should not have taken the dryer. If he hadn't, we could've switched it with a different model but because it was gone, I would have to wait 7-10 days for the refund to be processed on my card. She checked to see the original dryer was back in the warehouse and told me I would have to go online to order a new one because the store is closing. The store is actually closing at the end of March and still has several models on site, several in boxes.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

I would like to say I wished I had got a big mouth washer and dryer. The brand itself is great but when it comes down to washing comforters I tried one of mine in my machine and well just say will not be using that one any longer. Thank You.

I bought new washer dryer from Sears online. The washer died after 90 days. First repair tech said the main board was out and they don't stock those so I waited 2 more weeks to get part. 2nd tech came and replaced board and washer died after first load. Now they're telling me that their policy to replace under warranty requires three service calls where parts are replaced. Repair calls where parts are not replaced don't count. So I've been without washer for 3 weeks and a third tech is scheduled this week. I have been a loyal Sears customer for 40 years but their service is contracted out now and getting help is a never ending loop of calls to the Philippines where they just read a script. I WILL NEVER BUY SEARS AGAIN.

My senior parents bought a new stackable washer and dryer that was guaranteed for 12 months. The washer water pump quit working and had to be replaced. The repair didn't work then the circuit board had to be replaced. My parents purchased an extended warranty thankfully. The repairman just left again... The circuit board again needs to be replaced. And the renewal for the warranty is due again! They should add $300 a year to their cost per year to operate... to cover the extended warranty necessary to keep it running!

I had bad experience with Sears back on 2013 about their delivery and I think I will not buy anything from them again but we bought a new house in 2016 and need new appliances so I told myself just give Sears another chance. We went there on black Friday and bought washer, dryer, stove, microwave from Kenmore. Everything seem fine, I got everything deliver on time, didn't use the wash in weeks because we still moving in. When my husband use washer for the first time, he said, "There're noises, it was shaking and does felt like earthquake." I didn't believe him because it was brand new and good product. I tried myself and I couldn't believe it, I can feel my heart is beating hard because I can feel my floor is moving. I called Sears, they transfer me to 3-4 people, some doesn't speak well English. Finally they told me I have to go back to store because I bought it there.

Another thing I should mention is I am pregnant and tired, my husband work a lot and he not home most of the time. So I have to deal with them for like 3 hours, I finally gave up and went to Sears in Tacoma Mall, Wa, where I bought it. I even took a video to show them. There is the lady, Jasmine, I showed her the video. She said, "It's not normal," and told me to call repair service again. I told her I would like her to help me with it so she said, "Okay." I finally have someone come to fix it. They said Friday so I took day off and waiting for them so they called and said because of snow they can't not come, which is not true. I didn't see any snow in Tacoma that day but oh well, what can you do. They came and fix it. I thought that is it. But it happened again, same thing. At this time I did not bother to call repair anymore, I went straight to store.

Oh I forgot to say I have problem with microwave I bought from them as well, call store to check if I can return it because it's more than 30 days already. Called so many time no one pick up. Finally one guy pick up but said can't not help me so I said I wanted to speak to manager. He gave me the name, and said will give manager a message but I never hear back from them again. Back to story with washer, I went to store, spoke to Jasmine again, she don't even recognized me, let her watch the second video I took. She called customer repair, after 3 transfer I got a date next week. And I told her about the microwave and the message to manager and she said, "He will not care." Wow, manager doesn't care about complaint from customers so how they can run business, just take money and don't even blink to think how hard people have to work for it?

And another thing is she kept telling me because I did not buy their warranty that's why I have to deal with this. I was like, "So you are saying your brand new product is not good, that's why I need warranty and I will get better service if I spend more money for you guys." It doesn't make sense to me and most people work there just keep looking at me like I did something wrong. Yes I raised my voice because I am upset with their services. If you can not fix it then return me the money or replace it with another one. If you keep sending people to fix it then your product is not good. No wonder their business is going down. I honestly don't think I will ever buy anything from them again.

On November 3 we bought a new Kenmore Top Load High Efficiency Washer. Sears did exactly what they promised. They delivered the machine on the scheduled day and hauled off the old machine. The guys that did the install were great. The problem is that in the last two weeks we have sometimes have water on the floor when we run a load of clothes.

I called the Sears 800 service number on December 28. They tell me that the machine is not leaking. It is splashing water out of the machine and there is nothing that can be done about it. I have watched the machine run through the glass top and have trouble believing that water is splashing out. I also wonder why if did not have the problem for the first 10 weeks. Sears told me there was nothing to be done and I would have to live with it. I may go back to the store and see if I can find out anything else. One thing is for sure is that if Kenmore can't design a washer that does leak (or splash) water on the floor I will sure never buy another one.

Brought a stackable washer and dryer in November of 2015. Had it delivered late December early January due to remodeling. Call tonight 12/21/2016. Washer is tearing up my clothes and I have called several times about the dryer always having lint falling and flying everywhere when I open the door after cycle. I am one of those "OK, I will try whatever they say." Well I called today and wanted a service call on them because this is still happening?? After about 15 minutes on hold they tell me, "Sorry warranty has ran out. We don't go by delivery date. We go by purchase date."

"What? Please let me talk to supervisor." His name was James and he said, "Sorry but this is how we work it here at Sears." So I said, "Is there someone higher up I can speak to?" He said no. He was it. So I mark this one up to never buy anything early again to make sure I get it and think twice before going to Sears. I should have took time to read other reviews that would of told me to go elsewhere.

This is the second time I have purchased a high end product from Sears and their delivery has been scheduled 3 days out and 15 minutes before the delivery window was expired they called to cancel. They then rescheduled for 4 days in the future. It will have taken us over a week to have a washer delivered. I will never purchase from Sears again!

We've had this dryer for 20 years with no issues. This is our first gas dryer and we recommend gas to all our friends. Quick, efficient and leaves the clothes soft and with much less static electricity. The features are not extensive but it does the job for us.

Lint not staying in the screen. It comes out all over the front door and flies in my face. I have to clean entire door from lint gathering on it. Very dangerous for me since I am disabled. Have called for service 4 time and finally the repair person told me machine was fault. I would love to know my legal rights to have machine replaced.

Very good product. Never had any problems with it drying. Sears has a very good product. Nothing more to say. It never let me down yet. Been in new home 5 years and it was there when we bought the home.

This is a recent purchase. There are so many more choices than we had on the dryer replaced. Was difficult to get it turned on but this is really no great problem. So far, it appears to do as good a job as the old dryer did.

Solid workhorse. Simple. Gets the job done quickly. Minimal energy usage!!! My dryer is only as good as the care and weekly maintained cleaning it gets and deserves. The dryer has to handle tons of pet hair and constant heavy bed linens, so I make sure the lint catcher is always cleaned out. I also make sure it runs super efficiently by using tennis balls to help get the hot air onto and in every article in there.

I had bought a washer and dryer. The washer has broke down 6 times and I have an extended warranty that I bought. They said it had to break down 4 times within a year to have it replaced. The dryer has broken down two times. I've had it for 3 years and the warranty is now almost up. I'm sure you'll break down again and I will be out of warranty. Also I'm on my third gas grill and it cuts cost more than the original Grill. They wanted $200 for the parts and I paid 140 for the grill. I will never ever buy anything at Sears again and I have bought a lot - fridgerators, dishwashers, lawn mowers. I have started to go to Home Depot. They back everything.

Bought an electric dryer & washer to replace old gas dryer & washer. Explained to sales rep that if they could convert my gas dryer to electric. Guys says no problem. Everything will be taken care of and I should be worry free. On day of the delivery they will install my new electric dryer and washer. I reminded that I don't have the big 3-4 electric prongs for the electric dryer and ask if they will also convert my regular outlet to the 3 prong outlet to fit my dryer. Sales rep says yes I don't have to worry. Day of delivery there was two gentlemen who deliver the washer and dryer to my basement. They barely speak English. They took a look at my old washer and dryer and says, "No, can't fix. You call Sears." Then the two of them left so quickly. I call Sears and they told me that they don't convert from gas to electric and I would have to hire someone to come and convert and then call them back and someone will come install the appliances.

I was so mad I told them to send someone back to get the appliance and refund my money. The sales put me on hold for 20 minutes and came back that they will have someone come and convert the gas to electric. And they will call me back at the end of the day to confirm time and date. Never receive call back so call Sears again. The lady I spoke to have no idea I was talking about and says I would have to hire someone to convert it. So upset I told them just pick up the appliances and refund my money. She scheduled the pick up for Saturday between 9-11 am.

That day I didn't get a call until 11:15 or so. They call me and made an excuse saying their truck broke down and I would have to wait till Monday between 9-11 am again. Made the day repeat twice what time and date for the pick up. Then on Monday no call no show. Call sears back and they said that they never said Monday. It's will be schedule for Tuesday pick up now. So frustrated I yell at the lady their service sucks and I have been a member for 20 something years. I will never purchase anything from Sears again. Keeping my fingers cross that they pick tomorrow or I'm going to the nearest store to complain.

I made an account specifically to complain about Sears. My mom order a washer and dryer about a month ago from Sears. The dryer door was opening the wrong way, so it had to be sent back. The second time the dryer was STILL the wrong way and sent back again. The third time the dryer door was right, but it was scratched and the crew dented our wall and molding while trying to bring it in. Now it is the fourth week without a dryer and it never showed up.

My mom called customer service and they said it is not coming until Monday and they don't do Saturday deliveries in our area. All three previous dryers were delivered on Saturday and they did not inform us ahead of time via text or phone that they were changing the date?! Unbelievable. My mom is currently on hold waiting to speak to a supervisor. Sears customer service is horrible and completely unreliable. I would highly recommend that NO ONE ever order something from Sears. I never write reviews for businesses, but I am writing one for Sears because this is the most horrible customer service experience.

They are both still working just fine after 21 years, despite my using the top of them as a work bench at times. Outside, I have been extremely tough on the finish...but inside, they keep cranking on. In my 70 years on this earth, I have never seen this level of reliability. They are used at a minimum, twice a week, often 3 times a week. I wish I knew who made this pair, although I suspect they aren't made this way any more. It's been...and it still is...a great washer and dryer set.

Purchased a Kenmore Washer & Dryer a few years back. Have been happy with both appliances until the lint tray in the dryer became unseated. The lint tray, over time, starts to "pop up" from its sleeve in the dryer and results in clothes catching on it. As a result, one of two things happens: 1. The clothes tear or, 2. The clothes get twisted into a tight knot that, when untwisted, leaves the clothes stretched, misshapen and, in some cases ruined. We replaced the lint tray once and the issue was resolved, but after another year, the new tray has "popped up" and we are--again - having to throw away ruined clothes. Have tried contacting Sears "Contact Us" three times and have yet to receive any response. DO NOT BUY THIS DRYER unless you have evidence the issue has been resolved... It will cost you more than it is worth when you have to replace hundreds (easily) of dollars of clothing ruined by this poor design.

When I purchased a new gas dryer, the sales associate insisted I needed a new gas hookup. $27. When the installer came to install the dryer, there were no new hookups. When I asked he said they are just not here. The issue I am really having is, if I was not watching the install closely I would have never known that they weren't there and would have paid for an item I didn't receive. I asked him to note that on the install receipt. I then called the store when they opened only to be told they would look into it and call me back. I didn't receive a call. I had to return to the store and did ultimately get my money back.

We bought a stackable Kenmore Connect washer and dryer and the disposal of our old machine on July 10, 2016 in Sears Westminster. Everything went well on the purchased UNTIL the deliveries. On July 18, same day they're about to deliver the washer and dryer they called to say that there was a delay on the washer. Yet they delivered the dryer only and insisted to leave the dryer in the house.

We agreed thinking that they will haul away the old machine but they refused. They said that it will be picked up on Saturday July 23 when they deliver the washer. Here comes Saturday July 23, they delivered the washer and AGAIN refused to haul away the old machine and left. While installing the new machine, they damaged our flooring and baseboard as well. I was furious and called them right away to return and picked up the old machine because we paid for it and we can get fined by our HOA because they left it on the patio. That's not all, once we used the dryer, there was a "check vent" that displayed. Their driver or delivery personnel was so rude and unprofessional and told us that we need to call another crew for pick up or the vent check because they can't come back because they're in Orange (which is only few miles away from us).

I called their delivery number and explained what's happening. They cannot do anything until Monday. On a Monday, they sent another guy to "supposedly" fix the problem regarding the vent and finally hauled away the old machine. The guy just checked the filter which I could have done. After few minutes, he left and told me to ask the company to send a tech. I was like, so "what are you?" a delivery personnel!!! It's so aggravating. How many times do I have to call and for them to assess what kind of personnel I needed?!?

I gave them a detailed description of the problem, but they keep on sending me incompetent people. They are wasting our time making appointments, waiting for them to come and yet nothing is fixed. On the other hand, the company that took care of our claim for the damaged floor is the same. They sent a young guy to fix our flooring, but he keeps on calling and cancelling appointment the last minute and even have the audacity to ask if we can buy the supply for him.

The week he supposed get a sample of the flooring, it took him 3 cancellations the last minute. I have to email the company and they don't know what's happening. On the other hand, I called Sears again for a certified tech for the dryer problem. The day before the appointment, we received this automated phone call, and found out that they're sending another delivery personnel!!! I called back and was furious about the appointment, and AGAIN they don't know what going on!!! They said they will be sending a tech this week. I wrote to Sears and to whomever is the concerned parties. Of course, we never received any calls or emails from Sears in response to my complaint. WE WILL NEVER EVER buy any appliances in Sears EVER AGAIN!!! They NEED to hire competent and professional people!!! I have never experienced such a horrible service.

We purchased a new Sears front load washer and dryer and had it installed in January 2016. We have it set up on top of the storage pedestal boxes. The machine cannot spin on high because of the shaking. Everything bounces off the top. Even on medium spin we can't put anything on top of the machine because it will crash to the floor. Service tells us that that is just the nature of the beast, and there really is nothing they can do.

The worst thing about the washer is that you can't do a spin only cycle. Trying to was anything bulky is out of the question because it will not spin out. "UE" for uneven load comes up, and when you try to ring some of the water out the machine shuts off, and you have to start all over again. Rinse and spin will only put the water back in, and you're stuck again. I wish I had my old LG front load. It worked like a charm for years.

I purchased on 7/27/2016 this washer. It was delivered on 7/29/2016. We did one load and since the washer does not "sense" as a result we are unable to wash our clothes. Talked with "Chat Room" and was referred to Home repair that had me "reset" the Washer by unplugging it and then pushing the "Start" button. I was on the telephone for thirty minutes and the problem went unresolved. He said a repairman would come next Tuesday, August 9, 2016. Today is August 2, 2016. I told them that was unacceptable since I only have had the washer for 6 days and used it once. He then said that another solution would be to exchange it with another, but with no guarantees on delivery date. He then said that he would put me on the "next opening" schedule. What is a person suppose to do after paying for the product in full.

Purchased new vertical washer/dryer unit June 4, 2016, to replace old Kenmore unit, which lasted 16 years. Unit installed June 4 by Sears installers. Clothes came out of wash too wrinkled, so we swapped out second unit installed by Sears June 25. Gas smell noticed and Sears installers came out to inspect on July 9. Sears installer, quote, "Yes, I can definitely smell gas, but we can't find the leak. You'd better contact your gas supply company to see if they can find it." Quote from me, "There was no gas leak BEFORE you installed the unit, so odds are it is in the connection you made somewhere, right?" Sears guy, "Yes, but we can't find it. Sorry, that's all we can do."

Oklahoma Natural gas came out, smelled gas, and promptly unhooked our gas meter, stating we'd have to hire a plumber to locate the leak and then pass a city inspection before the gas could be reconnected and service returned. Six days and $816 later, the connection yes, the same connection Sears made was found to be the problem, so we finally could cook on our gas stove, shower, do dishes AND, YES, EVEN dry clothes in our new Sears dryer! That was July 15. It's been three weeks since we reported the problem to the store manager where we purchased the unit, and they're going to contact me so I can file a claim.

All I want is compensation for the actual out-of-pocket repair cost $816. But, let me tell you, cold showers and eating out for a solid week was no ** picnic! If we can't get our rightful compensation, we will pursue small claims court. A lawyer friend says we definitely have a case, especially since Sears installer said, "You have a gas leak and we can't help you." Up to now we've been very pleased with Sears, Kenmore products and the service we've received over the years. That's why this situation is all the more infuriating.

I bought a new Kenmore washer a year ago, and it immediately had problems with the lid locking shut. The one button that controls start/stop/pause did not do anything. My problem started about a month after washer delivery. My wet clothes were locked up for 10-14 days while I waited for the Sears repairman to arrive. Sears has now been out to "repair" my washer three times in a year, and each time I have to wait 10-14 days for them to have time to take care of their problem washer. Sears says they will not replace the washer unless they have been out to repair it three times in a calendar year!! So I have to have them out two more times in 2016 before they will consider replacing it. My previous Kenmore washer lasted more than 20 years, and no repairs were necessary. It appears the quality is not at all what it used to be, and the service and warranty is awful.

Bought washer/dryer 6/4/16. 30-day return will not honor. Repairman sent out and said the problem was unrepairable. Customer service telephone line is so garbled. Cannot hear what they are saying. No email response at all. Finally reached someone per the repair man's receipt. They will let us know. This washer/dryer bundle was here 33 days (4th of July holiday included). They can't honor a 30-day return and especially on what the repairman said was unrepairable. We have bought all of our appliances from Sears but absolutely no more. Done. No wonder they are on the down slide.

The water is so low it does not get the items wet all over. There is barely enough water to wet a handkerchief when washing a large load such as a mattress cover. I have to manually pour buckets of water from the stationary tub to get the items wet. I had a technician come to my home and he said it was working properly. This type of washer does NOT save water - it merely creates more work.

Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Company Profile