Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers
1.04/5
Based on 108 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a washer and dryer?

Sears Washers & Dryers

Last updated: April 23, 2018

819 Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: April 23, 2018

Service tech came to do the repairs, I was told they would review the claim and let me know if it was covered, received a call to let me know that nothing was covered, was told it was pre-existing conditions for the microwave and that the washer parts were not covered. The tech had called me and told me a shock absorber on the washer was missing and that's why the washer shakes itself so bad it knocks and almost falls off the pedestal, I later opened the panel and there was no shock absorber missing. SO AGAIN I WAS LIED TO, WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP THIS WARRANTY IS. Stay away from this worthless piece of junk.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Sears does not stand by their product warranties! I bought the Kenmore Elite 31632 washing machine on December 29, 2017. On January 18, 2018 the entire top shattered while the top was sitting open to dry. Sears replaced the machine after assuring me they knew nothing about a problem with the glass. Now, April 9, 2018 the same thing has happened. Glass completely shattered.

After over 9 phone calls and two separate technicians coming to my home and deeming my machine un-repairable and unsafe, I am told I have to wait another 5-7 business days to see if STAC will approve a replacement. Both technicians talked to STAC while they were in my home, pictures were taken and STAC agreed that the machine was not repairable and unsafe. The last person I spoke with said it probably won't be approved because it is COSMETIC DAMAGE and not covered under warranty. A shattered glass top that is so sharp and dangerous every time we walk by it. DO NOT BUY FROM SEARS.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Times change, even without a warranty, disabled now at 53 never had dead dryer in < 3yrs in life. I don't think Kenmore is rated correctly or Sears for not standing by products they used to have pride I doing.

Original review: April 4, 2018

On or about January 23, 2017, our clothes washer began to dance all over the laundry room floor. So, we called Sears Home Warranty and asked them to come out to look at it. They did. And they talked me into signing up for their whole home warranty plan. In so doing, they charged me $327.73 plus another $107.25, or $437.48 in total - IF I AGREED TO JOIN THEIR WARRANTY PROGRAM, which would cost me another $69.99 per month for at least 12 full months. If I decided not to join up they were going to charge me $750.71 just to repair our clothes washer. Our cash flow being what it was, and the fact that ALL our appliances and our furnace and A/C unit (we live in Phoenix, AZ) would be “covered” by their warranty plan, we decided to go with the SEARS HOME WARRANTY plan.

But try as they might, after about 5-6 visits and a ton of new parts, the washing machine never worked right. It just kept dancing all over the place. So, after a couple of calls, SEARS H. W. agreed to send us about $500 so we could go out and buy a new washing machine. About 6 months later, in July, 2017, our dishwasher stopped running. Now, even though the SAME PROBLEM has occurred, I was charged ANOTHER $100.00 deductible because the dishwasher broke longer than six months after their first repair (and the first $100.00 deductible!). It quit running during a wash cycle, and the bottom of the inside was full of water, and the error code “HE” was displayed on the control panel.

So we called SEARS H. W. They came out, diagnosed the problem, ordered the parts, and they ”fixed” the dishwasher after a couple of weeks and after a few visits. Great! Right? NO! WRONG!!! On or about March 7, 2018, our dishwasher stopped working AGAIN! With the same error code and the tub full of water AGAIN! About 5-6 visits later, today is April 4, 2018. The same parts (after a long drawn out battle of wits and sweat and tears), were replaced. And the dishwasher does work again. But, the water that drips out onto the floor from under the door keeps dripping while the dishwasher is running is STILL NOT FIXED! And the technician, who was supposed to be here between 1 and 5 pm today, called me at about 3 pm to say that a “paperwork snafu” (his exact words) is NOT GOING TO ALLOW HIM TO COME TODAY!!!

So, after one full month, and after repairing this same problem six months ago, I have a dishwasher that leaks all over my floor while it’s washing my dishes. And, after a repairman calling to tell me that his paperwork problem is going to keep him from coming here today to figure out how to stop this leak, I have decided that I am through with this entire sorry excuse for a home warranty plan. And as soon as I press submit to get my story to you now, I will be calling SEARS H. W. to end my contract with them TODAY!!

So folks, the bottom line is this: DO NOT EVER CALL SEARS HOME WARRANTY OR BUY THEIR WARRANTY PLAN FOR YOUR HOME! YOU, AS I, WILL be sorry if you ever do business with this horrible, incompetent, worthless, company. You have been warned. There are many, many solid, excellent, honest appliance and HVAC technicians out there who will repair your machines right, the first time. Check out homeadvisor.com or even Angie’s List to find competent people. And that $69.99 per month I was spending with SEARS H. W. could have bought me a brand new dishwasher in the 6 - 10 months it has taken these people to try to fix - but NOT SUCCEED - my dishwasher. Best wishes to all.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Kenmore Elite HE front loaders. The worst machines one earth! Doesn’t clean clothes. Uses so little water that clothes can come out with dry spots. Have to use sanitizer to clean at all. Pods get stuck in dispenser so they have to go directly in machine. Suds randomly pour out of top of machine. Machine must be cleaned constantly to keep from stinking. Clothes never smell clean. But the dryer is even worse. The drum split open. And NO I didn’t wash anything besides clothes!!! There is a hole the size of my fist. Sears says it’s not a manufacturer's default.

I have never heard of this happening. Dryer can’t be used and Sears wants to charge me $89 for a technician to diagnose the problem before a repair. I don’t need a diagnosis! There’s a freaking hole in the drum which needs to be replaced!! And I didn’t even think that all the little holes that had been showing up in our clothes were from the machines until I read many other reviews with similar problems. The timer is never correct. A 55 minute cycle can run for 90. Your trading off water usage for electricity. But the last straw was talking to the useless customer service reps. Never again Sears! One more loyal customer gone!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: March 31, 2018

Dear Sear Potential Customers, It is very sad to say that it was "no" accident that Sears recently was on the news highlighting their poor "customer service". They, especially are not "senior" citizens friendly, as well. My series of events went from really "bad" to "worst". I was simply trying to purchase a working washer and dryer set.

I strongly feel that I was one of their latest victims, not only at their outlet store, but also by one of their stores going out of business in Orland Park Illinois. I lost money. I have two dryers in my home after being told that I would not be given an opportunity of getting a "working" dryer, exchange or refund from the Orland Park store.

My first encounter happened when I purchased a washer/dryer set from the outlet store in Bridgeview, Illinois 7590. I purchased everything needed to install the set properly and safely. I even showed the store manager pictures (valves, hose, etc.) of where the connection would be. The problem started on my delivery date. The guys entered my home, very unfriendly, brushed past me, and rudely asked, "where do you want this set". I immediately became apprehensive. The set was sitting outside in the alley part of my home. I continued to show the gentleman that the set would be placed in my utility bathroom. The guy walked in there, his back was to me, so I couldn't see what he was doing. After, he used this big tool with some twist and turns, he abruptly stated, " Ms., you need a plumber". I looked at him in shock.

Now, the drains were leaking water on the floor, which they weren't before he arrived. I explained that had showed pictures to the sales people and no one mentioned a plumber. He stated that, "maybe Sears was just trying to take your money". He asked me what I wanted to do with this set. He gave me the option if putting it somewhere in my garage until I hired the plumber to some fix "whatever" I felt he broke. I politely asked him to put them back on his truck and take them back because I felt that the plumber repairs would cost me more than the set. I was totally upset. After they left, I called the store manager and told him what happened. He stated, "these things happen". So, I just stated to please credit my account for this set because I had no clue what was going to be needed for the repairs and of the very rude treatment I had just received. It took some time, but it was credit, minus $7.58.

A plumber was acquired and the leaks were repaired with new valves, for which I have pictures. Then the second event happened with Sears in Orland Park, Illinois. I thought it would be better to go directly to the Sears Store. This was the "worst"! To make my long "nightmare" short, I will try to summarize this part. I found a set, purchased it, which I had a very nice sales lady who really tried to help me in ALL my dealing with this Sears that was going out of business. Once again, I got a delivery date and "again", I got some really bad delivery guys. The main guy didn't want to stay around to, at least, see if everything was working properly and he so rudely stated, "Ms. I can't stay around here until your washer fills up". But sure enough, something was wrong. The machine was malfunctioning and only giving "hot" water.

Found out later that he didn't level the machine properly, but something else was wrong with it. It wasn't spinning the clothes properly to get most of the water out of them. They made him come back out and he switched the hose. But now they wanted to send out a repairman and I of course didn't want to do repairs on a brand new machine. I went into the store, explained my situation and the store manager herself stated that I could make another selection and I did exactly that. Delivery date came around for the new set and "only" the washer was on the truck.

After weeks of going back and forth with the "Customer Solutions Department", the Customer Delivery Department and the store manager, the final decision was that I was now past my 30 days and all sales were final. However, the sales manager looked into the computer system and saw that "customer solutions" was going to debit my account for my money back and "if they made an error, to take that money and go buy the dryer again". After weeks of lies from all above departments, I have two dryers in my home, out of money, and it was being made to look like "I" was doing something wrong.

I had absolutely no intentions of doing anything wrong, but Sears had my credit card number and was using it, and I had no receipt because all this was being done over the phone with the exchanges. Even though these items were a final sale, is it fair to have a final sale on these items if they are malfunctions. The manager even stated to me at one point that this final sale was for items brought off the floor and didn't apply to me and that I had the full 30 days. My set was coming from the warehouse and not the store.

It is my desire to just tell someone in your corporate offices of the things that are going on in your stores, your customer solutions departments, and your warehouse delivery departments. I can prove these things as the one nice lady who was trying to assist me, gave me copies of the transactions in the computer and made numerous calls on my behalf to the various departments. She did give me names of the some of the people we spoke to in the Customer Solutions Dept. because I was generally in the store when we were calling.

It is also my desire to have your delivery department to come out and get the second dryer and refund my money for that purchase. It is also my desire to have someone come out and connect the second dryer for which I am sure I must have paid for from buying the set. I had no other choice other than to buy this dryer which was a match to the switched out washer. Do you think you can help?

Original review: March 29, 2018

I've had to call repair services many times over the decades, so I am remiss with one assumption, that the call out/service fee, paid up front, would apply to the service, as that has always been my experience. In short, $99 for the call + $147 for the part and labor-- ergo, I paid $246 for a hose replacement. The tech was nice, but tried to sell me a $70/month warranty, which he's likely obliged to do. He also had to go retrieve the part, which took 2 hours. Were I not working from home, would not have been workable or acceptable. In short, I'll never call Sears again for service. They once had a solid, worthy reputation. Times have changed.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I have literally bought premium appliances from Sears in the last 10 years and they don't know how to treat their loyal customers. Their outsourced Philippines office is a disgrace similar to other complaints. I ordered a dryer online and they auto opt me in for an electric dryer without asking if that's what I wanted. When I try to return it they are throwing policies when it's brand new and I'm willing to pay a difference. Where are the litigation lawyers, count me in for a class action lawsuit! One person says they will help, the next says no. They won't even talk to you to resolve your issue!

Go somewhere else, don't support Kenmore. They just want to make money and its no wonder they continue to lose revenue and customers. Where are the executives, are these just as ignorant and oblivious to the bad service and bad reputation? BBB complaint: Your complaint has been submitted and assigned the ID **. Case # **. Bye Sears, I'm cancelling my pending order, my credit card and never going back!

Original review: March 20, 2018

My dryer was not drying and my buzzer did not work. 1st repair visit: Technician said it must be the ducts and ordered a new buzzer. 2nd visit: Dryer still not heating, new buzzer installed. 3rd visit: New buzzer not working - I had to wait two weeks for this visit- told the appointment would be later than I could sit for, rescheduled. 4th visit- I have to wait 3 weeks for this visit. We'll see what happens. I am a lifelong Kenmore appliance shopper. Those days have ended, never again. When these appliances die it will be another brand for me.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I have had 3 washers and 3 dryers over the past 8 years from Sears covered with the protection agreement. I have had had them do repairs on multiple occasions. Every time there are issues. It always takes 2 or three visits. The repairman said today while fixing a washer that the dryer was broken but is not covered. Odd since I purchased the agreements and the units at the same time. I called and I was told the dryer is covered but not the washer. She then transferred me to someone who can help straighten this out. Currently I have been on hold for 56 minutes with no one picking up.

Big picture is that I have been able to get my money's worth because I had needed so much repair but terrible customer service, sometimes can take over a month to get something fixed, and they can never get the account correct. They even told me that I had a repair pending on a refrigerator when I called two weeks ago to get an update on my washer. Strange since I don't have any refrigerators with a Sears protection plan. I hope someone gets a class action awarded against this scam company. Sears has lost all my future business due to the protection plan nonsense.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Two weeks without a washer because a VERY simple issue (door lock went bad) was "misdiagnosed" by the first idiot technician who said the whole motherboard had to be replaced. It did not. So while I waited for the parts to arrive, had to reschedule because the motherboard was late, finally another tech shows up and lo and behold it was a simple door latch, which the first idiot SHOULD HAVE HAD on his truck. Not for nothing - they HAVE the diagnostic tool in their hands - maybe they just have no clue what on earth they are doing. Thankfully FINALLY have a washer back and more so it was under a protection agreement and I am not paying for this "service." I would NEVER EVER buy from Sears again - all of their financial difficulties are showing BIG TIME!

Original review: March 11, 2018

Call Sears to troubleshoot our washing machine in December 2017. Technician came and immediately made a ridiculous assessment that he could not troubleshoot our washer without looking at the dryer. Our dryer worked fine. These guys make their money per unit. Meaning, there is a $108 charge per unit a technician touches. By making that ridiculous assessment, he would have made $216 instead of $108. We told the guy repeatedly not to touch our dryer.

At the end, instead of fixing our washing machine, he tried to sell us some maintenance plan that would cost $1000 + per year. We paid his $108 for the washing machine and ended up buying a new one from another company. On top of that, the technician invoiced us for the dryer anyway. At first, he said that he could not cancel the invoice for the dryer once he had created it. Then he told us that he was able to cancel the invoice for the dryer before he left. He acted us like he performed some miracles to cancel the invoice for the dryer when services were not rendered nor needed.

Then in January 2017, we received an invoice for the dryer. Here are, two months later, we are still disputing the charge with Sears Home Services for that invoice on the dryer. I have to send to my refusal to pay in certified letter, just to make sure that Sears Home Services has received my letter. This has been a nightmare. Please don't use this place.

Original review: March 11, 2018

My 10 month old Kenmore Elite Dryer has intermittently not heated up when drying clothes since it was purchased. At beginning, it didn't happen very often. It got progressively worse and about 1 month ago, I contacted Sears Warranty and they sent out a repair company authorized by Sears. It heated up properly so he could not fix it. He told me to call again if it failed to heat up. It got worse (took 6 hours to get clothes dry enough to hang up to fully dry) so I called Sears Warranty again. They sent the same repair company out a second time and the dryer has a faulty control panel. He told me to not turn it on because it could cause a fire.

The service visit was on March 6th. He told me they would order the part and call within a day to let me know when I can expect the dryer part to arrive and machine would be repaired. I have called Sears Warranty because I have not heard from the authorized repair company and have forwarded to other departments (solutions, lemons, etc.) and they all say someone will call back with details on repairing the dryer. I have been pleasant but firm about 1. the repair is serious for such a new machine, 2. I am horrified that it has been in my house in a condition that could cause a fire for 10 months, 3. they won't call back in a timely way and 4. I can't dry clothes at home.

I am a senior citizen and having to travel a distance to dry my clothes is a huge inconvenience. The Kenmore Elite Washer & dryer were purchased to replace the same make and model that lasted 14 years. This dryer hasn't made it 10 months yet and it is not working and Sears won't fix or replace it. This is a huge disappointment and it must reflect the financial hardships being experienced by the company. They have a "no lemon" guarantee but it requires three attempts to repair in the first year. Good luck getting help with repairs 3 times. This machine is a real LEMON!

Original review: March 7, 2018

My mother purchased a brand new Kenmore Washer from Sears. It broke down while it was still under warranty. I called Sears and they would not come out without a hefty service charge. They wanted me to buy a warranty for $49.00 a month. We paid another company to repair it. Now the machine is not working again. I called Sears because a two year old machine should not keep breaking down. I got transferred three times and then left on hold. I tried to find the manufacturer through the serial number. The number keeps coming up as invalid. I will continue my search because Sears should replace this unit. Kenmore is only a brand name. My family will no longer do business with Sears.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I ordered and paid for a washer and dryer in December 2017. I asked for delivery in mid February. I received automated calls and emails confirming my purchase and delivery. 2 days prior to the delivery date, I received another automated call and email explaining that my delivery was delayed due to a manufacturer delay - no further explanation. This happened twice more with no REAL delivery date in sight. Every time I called, I reached a customer service team in the Philippines and as nice as they all were, they could not tell me anything more than "there is a delay from the manufacturer and we assure you your items will be delivered on ... date."

I called a local store and spoke to the appliance manager and was scolded/lectured for purchasing online. He explained that Sears.com is a different entity from the actual stores and "you people wanted this, so now you can deal with it." Such a lovely comment from a store representative - a store that used to be a household name that people could trust. I asked to cancel my order and was offered an additional 10% discount. I declined. I received a refund. I will never buy from Sears again.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

If I ever need another major appliance, I will purchase it from somewhere other than Sears. Never again do I want the nightmare I recently experienced after purchasing a Kenmore washer from them. On Nov. 21, 2017, I purchased a Kenmore washer online. It was scheduled to be delivered and hooked up December 1st. All I needed to do was to make certain there was enough space for it and that proper clearance and access was available. No installation kit of any sort was offered for purchase. I received notice on November 28th that it would not delivered until December 14th. It was delivered Dec. 14th but was not hooked up. Sears never did hook it up.

The delivery Service Rep told me the hoses on my old machine were too old and too short and that he didn't have any that I could purchase. He instructed me to purchase the required hoses from Home Depot. The second Service Rep came Dec.18th and informed me that the hoses I'd purchased were long enough but weren't acceptable because they had built-in filters. He instructed me to exchange them for hoses that didn't have any filters. When I called to schedule the third Service Rep, I was told the earliest available time was Dec. 23rd (i.e., the day before Christmas Eve).

I then asked to speak to a supervisor to see if I could get an earlier installation date, given what I'd been thru. When I started to explain my situation, he said he couldn't hear me and hung up. So I called again to try to schedule someone to come out to hook up the washer. This time I was told the earliest available time was Dec.21st. When that Service Rep came out, he said he couldn't hook it up BECAUSE I had purchased the hoses from Home Depot, not from Sears. None of the Service Reps had any supposedly Sears-approved hoses for me to purchase.

Each time I called to schedule a Service Rep, I told the scheduler my story, that I'd purchased the required hoses from Home Depot as instructed, and that I was ready to have their Service Rep come out to hook up the washer. Never was I ever offered any possibility of purchasing Sears hoses. I still don't know if such things even exist.

Following the third failed attempt (which, by the third time resembled outright refusal) by the Sears Service Reps, I -- a 74-year-old widow -- hooked it up MYSELF two days before Christmas Eve with the hoses I'd purchased from Home Depot! I was leaving town for Christmas and was desperate to do laundry. Based on my experience, I’m convinced Sears’ service reps are trained to use every excuse imaginable to avoid doing their job. If this machine ever needs servicing, calling Sears for service won’t even be a consideration. Sears’ service is a far cry from what it used to be!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Was recommended to check measurements, etc, after I completed my order for ease of installation. Fortunately, my closer observations revealed that my new washer and dryer would not fit. Less than two hours later, I called and wanted to completely cancel the order. The difficult to understand, customer service rep. stated, "I will cancel the order but it may take some time before you see a credit on your card." One month later, the charge for the full amount was on my card and a credit for half the amount. I called their customer service rep, again. Believe it or not, it sounded exactly like the person I talked to before. She said that it would have to be reviewed to see if I would get full credit! Am extremely mad about this. Immediately started a credit card charge dispute.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Got technician to fix my dryer, order part to deliver, convinced me to buy yearly warranty who'd I bought. Received part after 4 days, contact Sears for appointment and scheduled after 4 days (the process from the first call to now 14 days), said technical will be between 1-5 pm. Stayed in house, nobody shows up, no phone call, called sears twice with promise to let technician contact me. No response. Called next day, second appointment in 3 days!!! Very disappointed with service, warranty is not worth it, I will buy ABC warranty, faster, reliable and quick service, never Sears again.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Our dryer was not drying well. We called in November, tech came out, hose from dryer to outside was clogged. I had to pay because this wasn't covered under the warranty. A couple days later hose came off. I called them back a few weeks later and told them of the problem. I waited 10 days, They sent tech to the wrong location. He called and I explained what was wrong and he said that he would just. stop by one day and fix it, no need to call Sears again. He never showed.

So I called again. This time we waited 3 days, he came out and said that they have put me in as a maintenance call not repair, therefore he couldn't fix the hose. They are the worst at giving the techs the right order and they do a sloppy job. Did not call these people out for repairs. The man just left my spa and they would not turn him around to come fix my hose. They are making me wait another week. This has made my flooring start popping up due to the humidity from the hot air and vent blowing into the washroom.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

It has been three weeks with a broken Kenmore Elite dryer. They came out once 10 days after my initial call, and ordered a part that day, and 8 days after part was order they still can't tell me when part will be shipped from factory or even delivered so they can repair my dryer. 3 weeks with a broken dryer and I received a call from them today saying it could be another 2-4 weeks. Seems like the required product to fix the machine is not available, yet they don't want to replace. HORRIBLE, NEVER I WOULD HAVE EXPECTED SEARS TO NOT BE ABLE TO SERVICE A DRYER WITHIN 3-4 weeks.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Except as a last resort. I was told that I would have to wait 2 months for an actual Sears Technician to come to my home for washer/dryer repair. I got an appointment on my own, within a week. I scheduled repair for washer and dryer. Sears Home Warranty reps sent 1st Appliance Repair person to my home. Paid my deductibles and the repair company never submitted report to Sears Home Warranty. They would not respond to phone calls or emails. They took my money and never came back. SHW made ME wait until repair company had time to provide details. It had already been 10 days! They finally scheduled 2nd Appliance Repair company to come out. It was another several days. Same thing happened! Appliance Repair company never submitted report to SHW. This guy took my deductible too! Now, I'm out the money and no repair for my washer/dryer.

It was almost 6 weeks from start to finish before I had a SEARS technician finally come out to my home. Through all of this, I was calling SHW multiple times and spent over 240 minutes of hold and talk time with them to get a resolution. For the most part, Customer Service was subpar! I had people hang up on me, and another woman yelled at me. She was defending the Appliance Repair companies. I am their customer! I really hope my calls were recorded. Multiple people I spoke to, gave me different answers. I was told that I would receive 1 of the 2 deductibles I paid, back. To date, I've not received anything. When I asked for a SEARS Technician to come to my home, I was told that with my warranty, this was not possible. After pressing this issue I was told that the SEARs Technicians are only used as a last resort.

This Warranty is a scam, not user friendly. The ONLY reason I bought it was because I had a SEARS Tech come to my home to fix a part in my ice maker. I didn't have a warranty at that time but the Sears Tech was so efficient, so nice... He is the one that talked me into it. The part he left out was that once you sign up and buy the dumb warranty, you will never see another SEARS Tech again. You only qualify for the Fly-By-Night Appliance Repair companies. Save your money... Do not purchase this home warranty. The 1 Star rating is because I had to put something in the box. If I could put a 1/2 star, that would still be too high.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

If I could give negative stars, I would. After waiting nearly 2 1/2 months for a motherboard in my washing machine to be replaced. The first part was broken after they left for repair. Then had to wait two more weeks for another one. Then two more weeks for another tech to come out. Then to have the service tech cancel the day of due to an emergency and then was told it would be another two weeks to install the piece. I have never dealt with any company so incompetent in my life and would HiGHLY encourage anyone to not sign up for this service or anything to do with them.

We signed up for the Sears Home Warranty service upon the initial installation and after not having our washing machine fixed for 2 1/2 months and needing to wait another two weeks, called to cancel. We were still charged $145 to cancel this service (even though we never saw anything fixed in the short time we had it and were told we had 6 weeks to cancel, which in reality was 30 days). Avoid the warranty at any cost. Absolute joke.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I purchased an Electrolux washer because on the Sears website, it said that the washer had a handwash cycle. When it was delivered, I discovered it did not. When I called to complain and ask that the washer be picked up, we agreed to a $200 credit as that was how much the other washers were that didn't have the handwash cycle and it saved hassle on their side from coming to pick it up. 2 weeks later and still no credit on my credit card. Every time I call they just say it was processed. Liars. When I requested then for them to pick up the washer with a full refund, they tell me there were be a $133 pick up charge.

I refuse to pay a charge for a washer to which I never would have ordered if they hadn't falsely advertised. I don't think I will get any resolve to the situation. Every time I call to talk to a supervisor, they put me on hold and never come back on. You better believe I will never buy anything from Sears again and will be blasting them on any social media tool I can find.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Got washer and dryer. Told Sears I wanted early am delivery. I got window 11 am to 1 pm. They did not get here til 2 and took 2 hours to install washer. I had to reschedule appointment I had for 3 pm and now have to take another vacation day since Sears does not hire enough people to do the job. The manager I talked to find out where delivery guys were hung up on me and finally called back 15 min later after tech called to say he would be here in 30 min which turned into an hour late of window. It took almost 2 hours to get washer installed and with them giving me such a late finish. I will never use Sears again I hope the manager does not hang up on everyone.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

My less than 1 yr old Kenmore washer broke down Jan 6th. A tech came out the following day, ordered the part and said he would be back the 18-19th of the month. I got an email that the part was on back order, that was all I received. I called a few days later to check the status of the part, was told they do not have an estimated date for the part. I called back the following week, and still no update on when the part would be in, it has been almost a month. I have to travel to another town to wash clothes and I have to go every other day (family of 7).

We were told that we would only be reimbursed for $50 for our inconvenience. When I asked them to just replace the washer, they said that there would have to be 4 separate issues within the same year for them to replace our washer... I can not tell you how frustrating this situation is! And customer service people are either rude or you can not understand them...I just want a washer to wash my clothes! We spent a lot of money on this product and should not have to deal with this! I've already put in a complaint to BBB and may consider calling the news...

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I purchased my Kenmore washer last March and got the master protection agreement to make sure we were covered. The salesman said if it can't be fixed it will be replaced. We called the technician January 6th, not even a year from purchased and they came the very next day. He said they needed a part and had to order it. To this day February 2nd we haven't had any solution. My wife has to go to laundromat every other day for the last 3 weeks. Their option is reimburse $50 dollars to cover the expenses, and keep waiting for the part to arrive. Needless to say this is not working and the claims department is not very helpful either, so if I could give it 0 stars I would.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I purchased a Sears Washing machine Model No. GTW330ASK0WW less than 8 months ago and it has stopped working. It overfills with water and will not agitate. I called Sears warranty repair today and was told that they will not have anyone available to come out until over a week from now! I told them I could not have this machine sitting there with dirty stagnate water for that long and was told there was nothing they could do. They further could not even narrow down a time frame. I was told it would be anywhere from 8am to 5pm and that they "might" call to confirm on the day of the appointment and that I needed to be advised that if we did not answer when they called, they would immediately cancel the service call! The customer service rep was incredibly rude and downright arrogant. This is completely unacceptable service for an appliance that is only 8 months old. This is my first and absolutely LAST Sears product!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

We scheduled a repair appointment to have our washer repaired. The first available appointment was a week and a half out. We arranged to take off from work and waited at home for the repairman. Our window for service was 12-5 PM. At 4:30 pm, we received an automated call announcing that we must reschedule the appointment. The earliest appointment available is in another eleven days. It's no wonder Sears is dying a slow death. No apology for the missed appointment, no offer of any assistance or compensation for our inconvenience -- they must be using Time Warner's old playbook on customer service!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I purchased the Kenmore Laundry Center in 2015 from Sears. The first couple of washes the machine was awfully loud on the spinning cycle. Not to mention the clanging noises it made every time it switched gears. I notified Sears customer service who told me this was normal with these Machines. As time went on the noises got louder, again I called Sears customer service. They assured me that this was normal that this is how these machines are now. So as some time had passed and the spin is so loud that I basically have to leave the kitchen which is where this unit is, the dryer starts to make a squeaking noise. I called customer service only to go back and forth with them trying to set a time frame to come out to check what is going on.

Finally after weeks a tech was able to come. He took one listen to the washer and told me the ball bearings were gone and it would cost 800 to fix it. The dryer had some padding that was worn. Another 300 for that. My washer and dryer are only two years old, two years that's it. Sears refuses to do anything for it because I didn't take out the extended warranty. They offered if I wanted to pay for another warranty 49 dollars a month, 80 for the Technician and 400 for the washer, 200 for the dryer they can fix it. Really...

Then they told me to call the maker which is General Electric. Apparently they make all Kenmore products for Sears now. Maybe they will do something. Well they couldn't even find the model number and told me it's Sears' problem. Sears will do nothing. Their answer was, "Sorry but you are basically stuck with that machine." It really is a disgrace that these big companies don't stand by their products. I will never buy another thing in Sears again. So buyer beware. Stay clear of any Kenmore Appliances. 1400 dollar mistake I will never make again. Shame on you Sears.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

The repair request was placed (Day 1). The repair was scheduled without consulting me for 8A to 12P (Day 3), adjusted my schedule and waited for the Tech, when no one showed up called and texted the "855" that informed me about the appointment and found it was NOT working; tried others numbers with the same result. Next day (Day 3) called. Blamed on the weather (!) and scheduled service (Day 4).

Tech spent ~2 hours but couldn't fix. Tech said the washer needs solenoid valves, will order and schedule follow-up. Tech returned with solenoid, replaced, spent ~2 hours, and stated didn't fix the problem; machine wouldn't work; need new circuit-board and left (Day 9). Called authorized company and found Tech support and insurance company control/dictate their services and the replacement/installed solenoid valves were defective also (!) and have been ordered (!). Didn't know when the solenoids will be available to schedule the repair! (Day 16.)

Called (Day 18) Sears... at 855. Gentleman apologized, found the solenoids have been ordered, couldn't provide any estimates/ETA, upgraded my claim, and agreed to get back to me ASAP. Called (Day 19) Sears... at "855". A lady answered, apologized, checked, confirmed upgraded, and said doesn't know the status/ETA! Will call after the solenoids are delivered to Authorized Tech to schedule the repair.

I logged (Day 19) into the web-site and found it is on maintenance! The web-site states the repair will be completed between 2 to 5 days depending upon the appliance! My washer is waiting! And the clothes are piling up! Hope the Consumer Affairs can help me. Thank you. PS I also noted that my monthly premium went from ~$30 (from 2014) to ~$40/mo in June 2017 and the contract is for 1-year. I don't have any records, letters, emails, indicating the unilateral increase and extension of my contract for another year.

Updated on 01/30/2018: Last week (Thursday and Friday), two different staff at the call center (Fl?) stated they will update on the status of my appointment for repair soon and both elevated (?) the request! I didn't get a call, email or text, so today (30th; 21 days after the original call) I called the 855 number at 1140AM, PST. The lady stated that the repair order was sent to 'Research' to determine what needs to repaired/replaced, will authorize the repair and the tech and then the repair will be performed, she understood my 'frustration' (!).

She doesn't have access to the 'Research' nor transfer me to that department (no phone numbers, emails, names, not sure where it is), she cannot transfer me to anyone else (supervisor, manager, president, CEO; her supervisor is too busy handling other homeowners already!) in the call center, and she can only request her supervisor to call me. She also said that the supervisor will try to call but she is busy (!; too many calls!) and could take 24 to 48 hours! Like a trained parrot (programmed!), she repeated the same response over and over irrespective of my request to talk to someone; her supervisor, manager, etc.

Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Company Information