Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

900 Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

This will be the first rating I’ve ever given to a company. I cannot believe how horrible the delivery service is that Sears stands behind. I have been trying to get a washer delivered for over a week now and I even spent more money to find one they had in stock. I have been given five different days and times and no one has showed up. I will never deal with Sears again and I would recommend that you do not as well. I am a veteran, a responsible US citizen, and a tax paying American. I hope this helps you make your decision. Please go somewhere else.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Kenmore Series 500 is the worse washer machine I have seen from Sears. I bought one in 2014 and since that day, a technician from SEARS (under the 5 year warranty that I bought), came to fix the machine 10 times during the time from 2014 to 2019. According to Sears service, inform me that in order to replace the washer machine, parts from the machine has to be broken 4 times within 12 months. Unfortunately, they no assist to help me to replace the machine because during the year only two or three parts were broken and replaced in the period of 12 months. Years after years past and between 2014 through 2019 I never get the opportunity to have the machine replaced because only was 2 or 3 parts instead 4 parts every year were replaced and as per SEARS, have to be 4 parts during 12 months.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I called and made an appointment to have my stacking washer/dryer looked at. I was given two work order numbers. The woman said each item had to have its own but they would be looked at the same day. AND, there would be only one fee of $100 that I would pay the repairman. My appointment was made for March 1st, between 1: and 5:00 by "Remi".

When the information was relayed to Sears, and I was unaware until the repairman "Victor" arrived, the first number was listed as a work order for a stovetop range (in the laundry room). So, Victor could only work on the Washer. He determined which part he needed, called in to see why the dryer was listed as a stovetop, and verified that I would only be charged $100 once, even when the dryer/oven mistake was straightened out. New work order for dryer became **.

By the time he came back to install the washer part, it was straightened out, and he looked at the dryer and ordered a very simple part. Still, he had to come back to put it in. He was very professional always. I have a copy of the check. I've saved any notes on the activity, even my phone messages, as I was sensing this might get screwed up. As it did. Please clear this up and understand that I AM NOT paying a second $100, and you ARE NOT damaging my credit over a problem between the warranty company and Sears. I am one of those consumers that would pay an attorney $500 to straighten out a $100 injustice.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

Purchased KENMORE series 600 washing machine from Sears in February 2018. Within 6 months they had to fix something but didn’t charge me - said under warranty. It’s July 2019 and they came out, told me it’s not under warranty and some computer board is defective, wanted $694.78 or they could cut the price in half if I purchase their Home Appliance warranty Program. I’m writing to every government agency as this is a complete scam. Was told it would last for 15 years by sales. Sears is ripping America off. I will NEVER stop complaining about them to anyone. Don’t buy anything from Sears. Oh and unless you want to be jacked around for an hour don’t call. They has some nasty guy from their Mexico Repair Call center who is rude.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I placed a really lengthy review in Yelp also. Long story short waited 1 week for repairs on my washing machine as they had no earlier appointments available (this is a red flag and it reads POS appliances). 1 week and 5 hours into THEIR repair "window" and I get a text that they are not going to make it out to fix my washer and I will have to reschedule!!! I called the number provided and got handed off to 3 different people who can't tell you anything!!! So here I sit on Friday night at 5pm with loads of dirty laundry (courtesy of a family of 4), a warrantied but very BROKEN 1 year old washer, no technician to fix it, and nobody to take my complaint or call.... Horrible service! NEVER again SEARS.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I bought a Series 600 Sears washing machine in 2017. It worked well up until last week. Suddenly I got an error code of E1 F3. I called for repair. The repair man came and said that the there was a problem with the water level gauge. Unfortunately that is part of the control board. I was told to repair the machine it would cost $592.50. That did not include the $99 I had to pay for him to come to the house and tell me that it would cost almost $600 to repair the machine. I tried to contact Sears with no luck. I have email Sears and have received no response. I tried calling customer satisfaction, I was kept on hold for an hour. When somebody got onto the phone it was difficult to understand them. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that there was none available and that one would call me back. This has not happened. I would never recommend another Sears product to anyone.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I got a replacement laundry center through the extended warranty plan due to numerous issues with my GE unit. Have to wait a week for delivery due to my rural location. The first set of delivery people did an unbelievable amount of damage to my floor and my walls in addition to banging up the machine and denting it. They also failed to properly hook up the washer and didn’t tell me about it until about 20 minutes after he left my house when the driver called to tell me that maybe my husband can hook it up. After multiple phone calls, online chat, social media contacts etc, they arranged for somebody else to come out the next day to hook it up. When those guys showed up, it turned out that the hose was too short and they couldn’t help me. I then went and bought the extension and had to wait 1 1/2 weeks for ANOTHER team to bring me a new set due to the damage they did to the first one.

The team showed up today and delivered the washer, hooked everything up and left. I went to do a load of laundry and realized that they mixed up the hoses and my cold water cycle was using hot water. I immediately contacted the delivery company (20-25 mins after they left) and explained what happened and was told that they would be on their way in just a few minutes. After waiting over an hour and a half I called back to find out what the status was and was told that basically the driver said he is not coming back out. And apparently that’s the end of that.

So now I have to wait until Saturday to have someone come back out. And to make matters worse I’ve now taken a full two days off from work between the three different dates that I had people coming to take care of this. So not only am I out two days worth of vacation time, I STILL don’t have a properly working washing machine. Buyer beware!!! Sears products are great however their delivery people are not.

Original review: July 30, 2019

Contacted Sears to repair our washing machine, got an appointment a week later. The day of the appointment I contacted customer service 3 times, told different stories, then they automatically changed my time to another week and a half later, without saying anything to me. No apologies, just lies about where the technician was.

Original review: July 27, 2019

I scheduled an appointment to have my Kenmore washer and dryer serviced. Each time I had a question regarding my appointment, my appointment was canceled and this went on three times. Now I'm on the day of my appointment and the window was between 1 and 5 and they told me that they would let me know if this technician was running late which they never did that after 5 and now I'm being told that it's probably going to be till 6 but they never contacted me. I've called three times and each time he said we won't let you know if it's going to be any later but nobody calls me and lets me know. The email said you can track real-time progress about your appointment and the service technician but that told me nothing other than my 125 appointment which now they're passed so there was nothing real time about it the.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I purchased a gas dryer online on Thursday 7/11/2019. Delivery scheduled for 7/15/2019. The installation team came about 3 hours earlier than expected, so fortunately I was able to rush home from work to let them in with the dryer. They installed it, turned it on, asked me to sign the app and rushed off. Then I realize right after they left that the dryer is blowing cold air through the vent. I tried unsuccessfully to call the many different Sears 1800 numbers listed. I called 3 different numbers on 2 different phone. On all 3 occasions, I was on hold for 20+ minutes and then someone came on the line, said Hello and promptly hung up. Then I tried to "chat" with someone. I actually got someone to talk to me on Chat on the Home Services website after waiting 15 minutes. I explained the situation to him and he told me that he had contacted the installation team, had escalated the issue and I would hear from them within 24 hours. Well...nothing.

Never heard from anyone and it's impossible to actually get ahold of anyone on the phone. The only way to schedule anything is to pay $99 for someone to do a maintenance appointment. Now, mind you, I paid for installation because being a 3x cancer survivor with a double mastectomy means that I'm putting my physical health at risk by doing anything with heavy physical labor. I manage to pull the dryer out and I had to jump down behind the dryer and I figured out that they had forgotten to turn the gas on. However, the remaining problem is that the appliance electric cord is as flimsy as the cord on my toaster, and is just sitting in the electrical socket, not even plugged in because it's teeny tiny. The receptacle socket on my clothing iron is more robust than the receptacle socket on the electrical cord of a $700 gas dryer from Sears. What a joke.

I tried to contact Sears again with no success, so I've given up and I'm just going to pay someone to change out the cord for me. I had paid $100 for their warranty but as you find out after you purchase it, that the warranty is a complete joke. You go to the website and it'll ask you if you bought the warranty - when you answer yes, a message pops up that states "the warranty provides you with online technical assistance". Nothing else. Which would be great if you could even get ahold of someone online. What a complete waste of $700!

Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Company Information