Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers
1.03/5
Based on 111 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a washer and dryer?

Sears Washers & Dryers

830 Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 17, 2018

I purchased a new front loader washer from Sears 10/2016. I have had nothing but issues with this machine. I have had at least 7 repairs on it under the initial LG/Sears warranty. I had called for service again in the beginning June of 2018. The time frame is 8 am to 5 pm. I had a service man come out and told me the shocks were bad and ordered new ones. I paid $100.00 for the deductible. I had to reschedule the June 8th appointment due to not all of the parts arriving. I was to have 2 men to come due to them having to remove the drum. When I called to reschedule I was transferred 3 times and was on the phone for 55 minutes to reschedule.

My appointment last week on June 13. We were given a time frame of 8 am to 5 pm. Dan from lawn and garden came out at 4 pm, as unable to duplicate the problem told my husband who took a day off work that we did not know how to use a washing machine. Took the parts and left. After he left my husband went to put the clothes in the dryer and they were again soaking wet in appx 2 inches of water. I called when I got home from work. Again got transferred probably 4 times and spoke to a person who did not speak English or could be heard as he had a very bad phone line. I asked at least 5 times to speak to a supervisor and was told that could not be done until the report was completed.

I have asked numerous times to speak to a supervisor re: this and have not received a call back to me. I also called at the end of May to have it done. I did pay for a service call on this. I was told this is contractual dates and to check my contract. I have not found any dates in the booklet I received. I want my washer fixed I would like to speak to someone in charge and I feel that when appointments are made that you could have a smaller window for repair times like am or afternoon. Can I please have someone contact me re: this.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I do not normally post reviews, but my recent experience with Sears Repair Services in Florence, SC prompts this. My washing machine water pump started malfunctioning, so I ordered a factory part after carefully explaining the problem and checking the serial number of my machine. Then I called Sears for a repair. The technician appeared on time, came in, and touched the power button. He stated it was a pump problem. I told him I already had the necessary part, showed it to him, and he responded by telling me it was not correct. I asked him to actually look inside the machine to verify the problem. He refused. I asked him to open the machine so that I could replace the part myself. He refused. After some discussion he told me he would cancel the appointment and left. I then called another repair service who verified my part was correct and successfully repaired my machine.

Sears sent me a bill which I disputed. They insisted that I pay "The Diagnostic Fee." In my opinion, this technician did not do enough to actually make any sort of diagnosis. He apparently was going around collecting "Diagnostic Fees" rather than actually doing any repair work. I would strongly advise against using them. There are more ethical local businesses who do good work.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I ordered my dryer by online and cancelled next day. They break the promise and just say... "Wait." If you want to buy online... You will experience calling many times for refund. Never I will buy Sears. Never.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Washing machine - Still waiting for parts. Was told they be here in 2 days. It's been 8 days. Have a warranty. All I get to runaround that now it could be up to 19 days to get the part. Very unsatisfied. Non-professional. What happened with carrying Parts in your truck not to have to order it and having smoke blowing up your behind. I will never buy anything from Sears again. They audit close down.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Poor customer service and worse washer I ever purchased. I called three months after purchasing the machine and explained that the clothes we not coming out clean and smelled. I did everything the book and the service support told me and my towels still do not come out clean. I use more water and detergent because I have to wash towels for two entire cycles. They still do not smell. I clean every time I wash and clean lower filter and dry with a towel I have a permanent drain to rid the lower drain between washing in to the sump pump. I was told from the service, "well, it is the washer you picked out. Nothing we can do." Most expensive machine they had and worse machine I have ever used. Sears is not the company it once was! Horrible customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: May 31, 2018

I’m beyond disappointed with Sears Home Services. After purchasing a Kenmore washer 4 years ago from Sears and the 5 year warranty we scheduled a repair appointment due to a loud sound it was making. The tech ordered the parts on 5/1/2018 which arrived at our place. A second appointment was set up on 5/17/2018 for the repair to be done between 8am and 12pm. A message from Sears advising the tech was on his way and would be there shortly. I had to follow up with Sears Home Services at 2pm since the tech never arrived or contacted us about the delay. We had to reschedule for 5/31/2018. This time the tech did show up on time however advised he could not proceed with the repair because of a sliding door that needed to be removed in order for him to have the space to do the job. My wife that was home could not remove the door and the tech advised we had to reschedule again.

I was not home when the tech arrived and called their customer service number. After explaining my situation to the agent and requesting to speak to a supervisor to work out a certain time and day the agent just hung up on me. I tried having a supervisors from their online chat option call me and he advised “he could not make outgoing calls to customers”. My wife took those 2 days off of work with no pay and cannot afford a 3rd failed appointment. Now we’re scheduled to have the repair appointment in another 2 wks. At this point not having a working washer for over a month and Sears Home Services not giving a scrap about resolving this matter made me to come to a decision to end the misery. Purchase a new washer from one of their competitors and NEVER purchase anything from them again. Before I couldn’t understand why Sears was going out of business now I realize their overall customer service can be horrible. Goodbye Sears!

Original review: May 31, 2018

I called in May 14, 2018 to report washing machine not working; explained that my washer & dryer are stacked. Could not get service appt. until May 23, 2018. The repair person said he could not look at the washer because it is stacked and that he would recall the appointment to have 2 people come out. Was finally able to get appt. for May 31, 2018. On the morning of May 31, 2018, I get a call from Sears indicating that they have to reschedule, now they are telling me that they cannot come out until June 6, 2018. I have been on the phone daily for hours with Sears scheduling and the Home Warranty dept. I have explained to them repeatedly that I have been washing my underwear in my sink. My doctor is monitoring my breathing and lungs to ensure that my lung condition does not worsen from not being able to wash my clothes and bedding and my blood pressure is elevated due to the stress and I still do not have a remedy.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Ordered wrong power cord with $2700+ washer/dryer on-line purchase. Ordered wrong dryer power cord. ($29 part). Was unable to adjust order to order correct power cord (also $29). Spent 2+ hours on phone and chat, spoke to about 9 different customer reps. including 2 supervisors. One was supposed to call me back due to background noise on her end -- she never called me. Ended up cancelling order. Sears lost a $2700 order over a $29 part. Glad they will be bankrupt soon. Will never do business with them again.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I needed my dryer repaired, and made an appointment for May 12. My time slot was 1 to 5. I never received a call the day before, although I did receive an email confirming the appointment. At 4 pm, I contacted Sears and was told I was next on the service call list, and the technician was in Baltimore. By 7 pm I still had not heard from the technician. I called Sears again, and they indicated the technician had an emergency and wouldn't be coming. He never called me to indicate he was not coming. I received a robo-call from Sears late on May 15 about rescheduling the appointment.

Customer service informed me that they were contacting me because the technician came on May 13 and no one was home. My appointment was scheduled for May 12, and not May 13. The technician never contacted me to indicate he couldn't come, and if May 13 was convenient. Mind you I was home until 3 pm, and no one came to my home. Meanwhile, my dryer is still out of service. Do not waste your time with this company.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I purchased my front load washing machine from Sears in May 2016. On Feb. 26, 2018 the washing machine broke, it was covered by the Sears warranty. I called the Sears Service number to report the breakdown and they scheduled the repair with All American Appliance. Troy from All American Appliance has been here 6 times and the washing machine still isn't working. Troy has replaced the door lock, the computer board twice and the harness. On April 27th the Troy came out again and took the machine apart again at which time I think he called Sears and LG who told him to replace the lower harness. Troy said he would order the harness and schedule an appointment to come back.

On 5/14/2018 I called All American Appliance and left a message which included my name, phone number, and why I was calling, nobody returned my call. On 5/15/2018 I called again and spoke to the person that has been scheduling the appointments with me, she said she hadn't received the part yet and that she was going to call Sears and get back to me. She called me back and said they had sent the wrong part and the right part should be here by Thursday. I don't understand why the All American Appliance didn't realize Sears had sent the wrong part before I called her.

I have tried calling Sears Customer Service, Sears Customer Solutions and All American Appliance several times to no avail. No one will tell me at what point does this nightmare end. So far I have had to sit around on 6 different days with a window of 1:00-5:00 pm, I have had to cancel 2 meetings and each time Troy shows up about 3:00 and spends almost 2 hrs here talking to Sears and LG and the machine still isn't working.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I believe a 1 star rating is too high! You don't deserve it. I'm sooo sorry I can't rate you lower! I'm WAITING ALMOST 2 MONTHS! After numerous calls, waiting at home all day no call! No show! For the second time in just a few months, I've been without the use of my washer for more than 2 weeks! UNACCEPTABLE! I bought your Kenmore-Elite washer as a Christmas present for my wife. Within a couple of weeks while the washer was in use there was an explosive sound, when the laundry room was checked, we noticed the glass top on unit shattered. I had to live without the use of a washer until exchange was made.

It's been more than two weeks now that I've been unable to use my washer, having to spend money and time at the public laundromat and cleaners. The SAME PROBLEM! We were told the tech would have been back here to repair the washer on Friday of last week and after wasting time waiting at home all day, no one showed up. There was not even the courtesy of a phone call. This is very BAD! customer service.

I have young children needing uniforms washed for school and unable to do so. More appalling is the safety issue with my young ones constantly being around washer's broken glass with the safety risk of being hurt. I've called customer your service and was told part in on indefinite backlog. I've checked online review and seen multiple complaints about this washer having the same issue of SHATTERING and EXPLODING tops. I really do not want to be going through this ordeal every few months. Neither do I want any of my family members be hurt by this washer's frequent exploding and shattering glass. I do believe this is a nice looking washer, however, this unit design has flaws and should be discontinued before someone gets hurt.

I hereby request that this glass top unit that I have, have bought from your company be exchanged to one of a different design or a full refund of my money be granted so I may purchase a new washer. I truly believe there is a safety issue and a danger having it in my home. I've spent over $1000.00 on unit and should not have to deal with this! I thank you for a quick response and resolution to my safety concerns of the danger this unit may pose to my family. I've always shopped at Sears. I did not expect this encounter with you.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Service tech came to do the repairs, I was told they would review the claim and let me know if it was covered, received a call to let me know that nothing was covered, was told it was pre-existing conditions for the microwave and that the washer parts were not covered. The tech had called me and told me a shock absorber on the washer was missing and that's why the washer shakes itself so bad it knocks and almost falls off the pedestal, I later opened the panel and there was no shock absorber missing. SO AGAIN I WAS LIED TO, WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP THIS WARRANTY IS. Stay away from this worthless piece of junk.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Sears does not stand by their product warranties! I bought the Kenmore Elite 31632 washing machine on December 29, 2017. On January 18, 2018 the entire top shattered while the top was sitting open to dry. Sears replaced the machine after assuring me they knew nothing about a problem with the glass. Now, April 9, 2018 the same thing has happened. Glass completely shattered.

After over 9 phone calls and two separate technicians coming to my home and deeming my machine un-repairable and unsafe, I am told I have to wait another 5-7 business days to see if STAC will approve a replacement. Both technicians talked to STAC while they were in my home, pictures were taken and STAC agreed that the machine was not repairable and unsafe. The last person I spoke with said it probably won't be approved because it is COSMETIC DAMAGE and not covered under warranty. A shattered glass top that is so sharp and dangerous every time we walk by it. DO NOT BUY FROM SEARS.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Times change, even without a warranty, disabled now at 53 never had dead dryer in < 3yrs in life. I don't think Kenmore is rated correctly or Sears for not standing by products they used to have pride I doing.

Original review: April 4, 2018

On or about January 23, 2017, our clothes washer began to dance all over the laundry room floor. So, we called Sears Home Warranty and asked them to come out to look at it. They did. And they talked me into signing up for their whole home warranty plan. In so doing, they charged me $327.73 plus another $107.25, or $437.48 in total - IF I AGREED TO JOIN THEIR WARRANTY PROGRAM, which would cost me another $69.99 per month for at least 12 full months. If I decided not to join up they were going to charge me $750.71 just to repair our clothes washer. Our cash flow being what it was, and the fact that ALL our appliances and our furnace and A/C unit (we live in Phoenix, AZ) would be “covered” by their warranty plan, we decided to go with the SEARS HOME WARRANTY plan.

But try as they might, after about 5-6 visits and a ton of new parts, the washing machine never worked right. It just kept dancing all over the place. So, after a couple of calls, SEARS H. W. agreed to send us about $500 so we could go out and buy a new washing machine. About 6 months later, in July, 2017, our dishwasher stopped running. Now, even though the SAME PROBLEM has occurred, I was charged ANOTHER $100.00 deductible because the dishwasher broke longer than six months after their first repair (and the first $100.00 deductible!). It quit running during a wash cycle, and the bottom of the inside was full of water, and the error code “HE” was displayed on the control panel.

So we called SEARS H. W. They came out, diagnosed the problem, ordered the parts, and they ”fixed” the dishwasher after a couple of weeks and after a few visits. Great! Right? NO! WRONG!!! On or about March 7, 2018, our dishwasher stopped working AGAIN! With the same error code and the tub full of water AGAIN! About 5-6 visits later, today is April 4, 2018. The same parts (after a long drawn out battle of wits and sweat and tears), were replaced. And the dishwasher does work again. But, the water that drips out onto the floor from under the door keeps dripping while the dishwasher is running is STILL NOT FIXED! And the technician, who was supposed to be here between 1 and 5 pm today, called me at about 3 pm to say that a “paperwork snafu” (his exact words) is NOT GOING TO ALLOW HIM TO COME TODAY!!!

So, after one full month, and after repairing this same problem six months ago, I have a dishwasher that leaks all over my floor while it’s washing my dishes. And, after a repairman calling to tell me that his paperwork problem is going to keep him from coming here today to figure out how to stop this leak, I have decided that I am through with this entire sorry excuse for a home warranty plan. And as soon as I press submit to get my story to you now, I will be calling SEARS H. W. to end my contract with them TODAY!!

So folks, the bottom line is this: DO NOT EVER CALL SEARS HOME WARRANTY OR BUY THEIR WARRANTY PLAN FOR YOUR HOME! YOU, AS I, WILL be sorry if you ever do business with this horrible, incompetent, worthless, company. You have been warned. There are many, many solid, excellent, honest appliance and HVAC technicians out there who will repair your machines right, the first time. Check out homeadvisor.com or even Angie’s List to find competent people. And that $69.99 per month I was spending with SEARS H. W. could have bought me a brand new dishwasher in the 6 - 10 months it has taken these people to try to fix - but NOT SUCCEED - my dishwasher. Best wishes to all.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Kenmore Elite HE front loaders. The worst machines one earth! Doesn’t clean clothes. Uses so little water that clothes can come out with dry spots. Have to use sanitizer to clean at all. Pods get stuck in dispenser so they have to go directly in machine. Suds randomly pour out of top of machine. Machine must be cleaned constantly to keep from stinking. Clothes never smell clean. But the dryer is even worse. The drum split open. And NO I didn’t wash anything besides clothes!!! There is a hole the size of my fist. Sears says it’s not a manufacturer's default.

I have never heard of this happening. Dryer can’t be used and Sears wants to charge me $89 for a technician to diagnose the problem before a repair. I don’t need a diagnosis! There’s a freaking hole in the drum which needs to be replaced!! And I didn’t even think that all the little holes that had been showing up in our clothes were from the machines until I read many other reviews with similar problems. The timer is never correct. A 55 minute cycle can run for 90. Your trading off water usage for electricity. But the last straw was talking to the useless customer service reps. Never again Sears! One more loyal customer gone!

Original review: March 31, 2018

Dear Sear Potential Customers, It is very sad to say that it was "no" accident that Sears recently was on the news highlighting their poor "customer service". They, especially are not "senior" citizens friendly, as well. My series of events went from really "bad" to "worst". I was simply trying to purchase a working washer and dryer set.

I strongly feel that I was one of their latest victims, not only at their outlet store, but also by one of their stores going out of business in Orland Park Illinois. I lost money. I have two dryers in my home after being told that I would not be given an opportunity of getting a "working" dryer, exchange or refund from the Orland Park store.

My first encounter happened when I purchased a washer/dryer set from the outlet store in Bridgeview, Illinois 7590. I purchased everything needed to install the set properly and safely. I even showed the store manager pictures (valves, hose, etc.) of where the connection would be. The problem started on my delivery date. The guys entered my home, very unfriendly, brushed past me, and rudely asked, "where do you want this set". I immediately became apprehensive. The set was sitting outside in the alley part of my home. I continued to show the gentleman that the set would be placed in my utility bathroom. The guy walked in there, his back was to me, so I couldn't see what he was doing. After, he used this big tool with some twist and turns, he abruptly stated, " Ms., you need a plumber". I looked at him in shock.

Now, the drains were leaking water on the floor, which they weren't before he arrived. I explained that had showed pictures to the sales people and no one mentioned a plumber. He stated that, "maybe Sears was just trying to take your money". He asked me what I wanted to do with this set. He gave me the option if putting it somewhere in my garage until I hired the plumber to some fix "whatever" I felt he broke. I politely asked him to put them back on his truck and take them back because I felt that the plumber repairs would cost me more than the set. I was totally upset. After they left, I called the store manager and told him what happened. He stated, "these things happen". So, I just stated to please credit my account for this set because I had no clue what was going to be needed for the repairs and of the very rude treatment I had just received. It took some time, but it was credit, minus $7.58.

A plumber was acquired and the leaks were repaired with new valves, for which I have pictures. Then the second event happened with Sears in Orland Park, Illinois. I thought it would be better to go directly to the Sears Store. This was the "worst"! To make my long "nightmare" short, I will try to summarize this part. I found a set, purchased it, which I had a very nice sales lady who really tried to help me in ALL my dealing with this Sears that was going out of business. Once again, I got a delivery date and "again", I got some really bad delivery guys. The main guy didn't want to stay around to, at least, see if everything was working properly and he so rudely stated, "Ms. I can't stay around here until your washer fills up". But sure enough, something was wrong. The machine was malfunctioning and only giving "hot" water.

Found out later that he didn't level the machine properly, but something else was wrong with it. It wasn't spinning the clothes properly to get most of the water out of them. They made him come back out and he switched the hose. But now they wanted to send out a repairman and I of course didn't want to do repairs on a brand new machine. I went into the store, explained my situation and the store manager herself stated that I could make another selection and I did exactly that. Delivery date came around for the new set and "only" the washer was on the truck.

After weeks of going back and forth with the "Customer Solutions Department", the Customer Delivery Department and the store manager, the final decision was that I was now past my 30 days and all sales were final. However, the sales manager looked into the computer system and saw that "customer solutions" was going to debit my account for my money back and "if they made an error, to take that money and go buy the dryer again". After weeks of lies from all above departments, I have two dryers in my home, out of money, and it was being made to look like "I" was doing something wrong.

I had absolutely no intentions of doing anything wrong, but Sears had my credit card number and was using it, and I had no receipt because all this was being done over the phone with the exchanges. Even though these items were a final sale, is it fair to have a final sale on these items if they are malfunctions. The manager even stated to me at one point that this final sale was for items brought off the floor and didn't apply to me and that I had the full 30 days. My set was coming from the warehouse and not the store.

It is my desire to just tell someone in your corporate offices of the things that are going on in your stores, your customer solutions departments, and your warehouse delivery departments. I can prove these things as the one nice lady who was trying to assist me, gave me copies of the transactions in the computer and made numerous calls on my behalf to the various departments. She did give me names of the some of the people we spoke to in the Customer Solutions Dept. because I was generally in the store when we were calling.

It is also my desire to have your delivery department to come out and get the second dryer and refund my money for that purchase. It is also my desire to have someone come out and connect the second dryer for which I am sure I must have paid for from buying the set. I had no other choice other than to buy this dryer which was a match to the switched out washer. Do you think you can help?

Original review: March 29, 2018

I've had to call repair services many times over the decades, so I am remiss with one assumption, that the call out/service fee, paid up front, would apply to the service, as that has always been my experience. In short, $99 for the call + $147 for the part and labor-- ergo, I paid $246 for a hose replacement. The tech was nice, but tried to sell me a $70/month warranty, which he's likely obliged to do. He also had to go retrieve the part, which took 2 hours. Were I not working from home, would not have been workable or acceptable. In short, I'll never call Sears again for service. They once had a solid, worthy reputation. Times have changed.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I have literally bought premium appliances from Sears in the last 10 years and they don't know how to treat their loyal customers. Their outsourced Philippines office is a disgrace similar to other complaints. I ordered a dryer online and they auto opt me in for an electric dryer without asking if that's what I wanted. When I try to return it they are throwing policies when it's brand new and I'm willing to pay a difference. Where are the litigation lawyers, count me in for a class action lawsuit! One person says they will help, the next says no. They won't even talk to you to resolve your issue!

Go somewhere else, don't support Kenmore. They just want to make money and its no wonder they continue to lose revenue and customers. Where are the executives, are these just as ignorant and oblivious to the bad service and bad reputation? BBB complaint: Your complaint has been submitted and assigned the ID **. Case # **. Bye Sears, I'm cancelling my pending order, my credit card and never going back!

Original review: March 20, 2018

My dryer was not drying and my buzzer did not work. 1st repair visit: Technician said it must be the ducts and ordered a new buzzer. 2nd visit: Dryer still not heating, new buzzer installed. 3rd visit: New buzzer not working - I had to wait two weeks for this visit- told the appointment would be later than I could sit for, rescheduled. 4th visit- I have to wait 3 weeks for this visit. We'll see what happens. I am a lifelong Kenmore appliance shopper. Those days have ended, never again. When these appliances die it will be another brand for me.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I have had 3 washers and 3 dryers over the past 8 years from Sears covered with the protection agreement. I have had had them do repairs on multiple occasions. Every time there are issues. It always takes 2 or three visits. The repairman said today while fixing a washer that the dryer was broken but is not covered. Odd since I purchased the agreements and the units at the same time. I called and I was told the dryer is covered but not the washer. She then transferred me to someone who can help straighten this out. Currently I have been on hold for 56 minutes with no one picking up.

Big picture is that I have been able to get my money's worth because I had needed so much repair but terrible customer service, sometimes can take over a month to get something fixed, and they can never get the account correct. They even told me that I had a repair pending on a refrigerator when I called two weeks ago to get an update on my washer. Strange since I don't have any refrigerators with a Sears protection plan. I hope someone gets a class action awarded against this scam company. Sears has lost all my future business due to the protection plan nonsense.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Two weeks without a washer because a VERY simple issue (door lock went bad) was "misdiagnosed" by the first idiot technician who said the whole motherboard had to be replaced. It did not. So while I waited for the parts to arrive, had to reschedule because the motherboard was late, finally another tech shows up and lo and behold it was a simple door latch, which the first idiot SHOULD HAVE HAD on his truck. Not for nothing - they HAVE the diagnostic tool in their hands - maybe they just have no clue what on earth they are doing. Thankfully FINALLY have a washer back and more so it was under a protection agreement and I am not paying for this "service." I would NEVER EVER buy from Sears again - all of their financial difficulties are showing BIG TIME!

Original review: March 11, 2018

Call Sears to troubleshoot our washing machine in December 2017. Technician came and immediately made a ridiculous assessment that he could not troubleshoot our washer without looking at the dryer. Our dryer worked fine. These guys make their money per unit. Meaning, there is a $108 charge per unit a technician touches. By making that ridiculous assessment, he would have made $216 instead of $108. We told the guy repeatedly not to touch our dryer.

At the end, instead of fixing our washing machine, he tried to sell us some maintenance plan that would cost $1000 + per year. We paid his $108 for the washing machine and ended up buying a new one from another company. On top of that, the technician invoiced us for the dryer anyway. At first, he said that he could not cancel the invoice for the dryer once he had created it. Then he told us that he was able to cancel the invoice for the dryer before he left. He acted us like he performed some miracles to cancel the invoice for the dryer when services were not rendered nor needed.

Then in January 2017, we received an invoice for the dryer. Here are, two months later, we are still disputing the charge with Sears Home Services for that invoice on the dryer. I have to send to my refusal to pay in certified letter, just to make sure that Sears Home Services has received my letter. This has been a nightmare. Please don't use this place.

Original review: March 11, 2018

My 10 month old Kenmore Elite Dryer has intermittently not heated up when drying clothes since it was purchased. At beginning, it didn't happen very often. It got progressively worse and about 1 month ago, I contacted Sears Warranty and they sent out a repair company authorized by Sears. It heated up properly so he could not fix it. He told me to call again if it failed to heat up. It got worse (took 6 hours to get clothes dry enough to hang up to fully dry) so I called Sears Warranty again. They sent the same repair company out a second time and the dryer has a faulty control panel. He told me to not turn it on because it could cause a fire.

The service visit was on March 6th. He told me they would order the part and call within a day to let me know when I can expect the dryer part to arrive and machine would be repaired. I have called Sears Warranty because I have not heard from the authorized repair company and have forwarded to other departments (solutions, lemons, etc.) and they all say someone will call back with details on repairing the dryer. I have been pleasant but firm about 1. the repair is serious for such a new machine, 2. I am horrified that it has been in my house in a condition that could cause a fire for 10 months, 3. they won't call back in a timely way and 4. I can't dry clothes at home.

I am a senior citizen and having to travel a distance to dry my clothes is a huge inconvenience. The Kenmore Elite Washer & dryer were purchased to replace the same make and model that lasted 14 years. This dryer hasn't made it 10 months yet and it is not working and Sears won't fix or replace it. This is a huge disappointment and it must reflect the financial hardships being experienced by the company. They have a "no lemon" guarantee but it requires three attempts to repair in the first year. Good luck getting help with repairs 3 times. This machine is a real LEMON!

Original review: March 7, 2018

My mother purchased a brand new Kenmore Washer from Sears. It broke down while it was still under warranty. I called Sears and they would not come out without a hefty service charge. They wanted me to buy a warranty for $49.00 a month. We paid another company to repair it. Now the machine is not working again. I called Sears because a two year old machine should not keep breaking down. I got transferred three times and then left on hold. I tried to find the manufacturer through the serial number. The number keeps coming up as invalid. I will continue my search because Sears should replace this unit. Kenmore is only a brand name. My family will no longer do business with Sears.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I ordered and paid for a washer and dryer in December 2017. I asked for delivery in mid February. I received automated calls and emails confirming my purchase and delivery. 2 days prior to the delivery date, I received another automated call and email explaining that my delivery was delayed due to a manufacturer delay - no further explanation. This happened twice more with no REAL delivery date in sight. Every time I called, I reached a customer service team in the Philippines and as nice as they all were, they could not tell me anything more than "there is a delay from the manufacturer and we assure you your items will be delivered on ... date."

I called a local store and spoke to the appliance manager and was scolded/lectured for purchasing online. He explained that Sears.com is a different entity from the actual stores and "you people wanted this, so now you can deal with it." Such a lovely comment from a store representative - a store that used to be a household name that people could trust. I asked to cancel my order and was offered an additional 10% discount. I declined. I received a refund. I will never buy from Sears again.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

If I ever need another major appliance, I will purchase it from somewhere other than Sears. Never again do I want the nightmare I recently experienced after purchasing a Kenmore washer from them. On Nov. 21, 2017, I purchased a Kenmore washer online. It was scheduled to be delivered and hooked up December 1st. All I needed to do was to make certain there was enough space for it and that proper clearance and access was available. No installation kit of any sort was offered for purchase. I received notice on November 28th that it would not delivered until December 14th. It was delivered Dec. 14th but was not hooked up. Sears never did hook it up.

The delivery Service Rep told me the hoses on my old machine were too old and too short and that he didn't have any that I could purchase. He instructed me to purchase the required hoses from Home Depot. The second Service Rep came Dec.18th and informed me that the hoses I'd purchased were long enough but weren't acceptable because they had built-in filters. He instructed me to exchange them for hoses that didn't have any filters. When I called to schedule the third Service Rep, I was told the earliest available time was Dec. 23rd (i.e., the day before Christmas Eve).

I then asked to speak to a supervisor to see if I could get an earlier installation date, given what I'd been thru. When I started to explain my situation, he said he couldn't hear me and hung up. So I called again to try to schedule someone to come out to hook up the washer. This time I was told the earliest available time was Dec.21st. When that Service Rep came out, he said he couldn't hook it up BECAUSE I had purchased the hoses from Home Depot, not from Sears. None of the Service Reps had any supposedly Sears-approved hoses for me to purchase.

Each time I called to schedule a Service Rep, I told the scheduler my story, that I'd purchased the required hoses from Home Depot as instructed, and that I was ready to have their Service Rep come out to hook up the washer. Never was I ever offered any possibility of purchasing Sears hoses. I still don't know if such things even exist.

Following the third failed attempt (which, by the third time resembled outright refusal) by the Sears Service Reps, I -- a 74-year-old widow -- hooked it up MYSELF two days before Christmas Eve with the hoses I'd purchased from Home Depot! I was leaving town for Christmas and was desperate to do laundry. Based on my experience, I’m convinced Sears’ service reps are trained to use every excuse imaginable to avoid doing their job. If this machine ever needs servicing, calling Sears for service won’t even be a consideration. Sears’ service is a far cry from what it used to be!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Was recommended to check measurements, etc, after I completed my order for ease of installation. Fortunately, my closer observations revealed that my new washer and dryer would not fit. Less than two hours later, I called and wanted to completely cancel the order. The difficult to understand, customer service rep. stated, "I will cancel the order but it may take some time before you see a credit on your card." One month later, the charge for the full amount was on my card and a credit for half the amount. I called their customer service rep, again. Believe it or not, it sounded exactly like the person I talked to before. She said that it would have to be reviewed to see if I would get full credit! Am extremely mad about this. Immediately started a credit card charge dispute.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Got technician to fix my dryer, order part to deliver, convinced me to buy yearly warranty who'd I bought. Received part after 4 days, contact Sears for appointment and scheduled after 4 days (the process from the first call to now 14 days), said technical will be between 1-5 pm. Stayed in house, nobody shows up, no phone call, called sears twice with promise to let technician contact me. No response. Called next day, second appointment in 3 days!!! Very disappointed with service, warranty is not worth it, I will buy ABC warranty, faster, reliable and quick service, never Sears again.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Our dryer was not drying well. We called in November, tech came out, hose from dryer to outside was clogged. I had to pay because this wasn't covered under the warranty. A couple days later hose came off. I called them back a few weeks later and told them of the problem. I waited 10 days, They sent tech to the wrong location. He called and I explained what was wrong and he said that he would just. stop by one day and fix it, no need to call Sears again. He never showed.

So I called again. This time we waited 3 days, he came out and said that they have put me in as a maintenance call not repair, therefore he couldn't fix the hose. They are the worst at giving the techs the right order and they do a sloppy job. Did not call these people out for repairs. The man just left my spa and they would not turn him around to come fix my hose. They are making me wait another week. This has made my flooring start popping up due to the humidity from the hot air and vent blowing into the washroom.

Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Company Information