Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

891 Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 21, 2019

I purchased a gas dryer online on Thursday 7/11/2019. Delivery scheduled for 7/15/2019. The installation team came about 3 hours earlier than expected, so fortunately I was able to rush home from work to let them in with the dryer. They installed it, turned it on, asked me to sign the app and rushed off. Then I realize right after they left that the dryer is blowing cold air through the vent. I tried unsuccessfully to call the many different Sears 1800 numbers listed. I called 3 different numbers on 2 different phone. On all 3 occasions, I was on hold for 20+ minutes and then someone came on the line, said Hello and promptly hung up. Then I tried to "chat" with someone. I actually got someone to talk to me on Chat on the Home Services website after waiting 15 minutes. I explained the situation to him and he told me that he had contacted the installation team, had escalated the issue and I would hear from them within 24 hours. Well...nothing.

Never heard from anyone and it's impossible to actually get ahold of anyone on the phone. The only way to schedule anything is to pay $99 for someone to do a maintenance appointment. Now, mind you, I paid for installation because being a 3x cancer survivor with a double mastectomy means that I'm putting my physical health at risk by doing anything with heavy physical labor. I manage to pull the dryer out and I had to jump down behind the dryer and I figured out that they had forgotten to turn the gas on. However, the remaining problem is that the appliance electric cord is as flimsy as the cord on my toaster, and is just sitting in the electrical socket, not even plugged in because it's teeny tiny. The receptacle socket on my clothing iron is more robust than the receptacle socket on the electrical cord of a $700 gas dryer from Sears. What a joke.

I tried to contact Sears again with no success, so I've given up and I'm just going to pay someone to change out the cord for me. I had paid $100 for their warranty but as you find out after you purchase it, that the warranty is a complete joke. You go to the website and it'll ask you if you bought the warranty - when you answer yes, a message pops up that states "the warranty provides you with online technical assistance". Nothing else. Which would be great if you could even get ahold of someone online. What a complete waste of $700!

Original review: July 21, 2019

I have a 5 year maintenance contract on my Whirlpool dryer. I first chatted to make an appt, but the person wanted to have access to my phone. I was not going to let them have that. I called to make an appt. After a long wait and talking to someone I got cut off. I called back and had an appt between 1-5 yesterday. When I called, message said tech would be here between 2:45-4:45. When I called at 4:15, message said my appt was Monday between 1-5. I had a no show without a phone call. I called and was on hold for 9 min, a person answered and could not hear me so hung up. My son called and waited on the line for 30 min, no one answered. I used to buy all my appliances with Sears. The transaction in Jan 2017 to buy this dryer on Antioch Road in KC was terrible.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I purchased a Samsung front load. It’s a piece of junk. Had over 12 repairs so far. Used to have Sears Master Protection on it now Sears Repair. My issues are the washer is poorly made. I’ve had all of these repairs and they still have not replaced it. Almost every part has been replaced once. My next issue is repairs. They consistently do not show up or call. So I’ve had 2 appointments that no one showed or called. I lost 400 dollars in lost wages. I recently had surgery and cannot lift or reach and I don’t have a washer that works. I can’t go to a laundromat. I have spent hours on hold trying to file a complaint. They just put me on holding hell and you have to call back they do it again.

Do not buy samsung and do not trust the repairs you will ever get done. This has put me in tears more than I know. Sears does not care about their customers. Also, they try to use 3rd party contractors and don’t send a senior sears tech. They know nothing. When you pay for a master protection or sears repair you should get a real sears tech. 3rd party contractors will not ever do a replacement. I went thru this on a dishwasher last year. They put more into repairs than if they had replaced it. All parts replaced at least once again. It’s a real shame sears doesn’t care.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Please don't get trapped by making a major purchase from Sears. Forget the integrity this company once had. Going on a month on trying to get a much needed $1400 washer. 3 techs each blaming the other for wrong part ordered, tech running late on two occasions but were told they would show up... Never happened. Got message appointments were rescheduled without our consent for date & time. Please, please, please believe the nightmares everyone has commented about. Warrant is a waste. Shame on Sears!!! Absolutely disgusted!!!

Original review: July 3, 2019

Sears is a rip-off especially to seniors. Bullies, crooks, liars, cheats people, disrespectful. Never give what they promise. They should be locked up in jail. Horrible staff.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sears?

Original review: June 25, 2019

I had the great misfortune of having to work with Sears home service. The first appointment was split between two technicians, one for the washer and one of the dishwasher which was not told to me during scheduling therefore I had the joy of waiting for two technicians to arrive to my home. After they arrived, they both spent 5 minutes before deciding parts were needed that they didn’t have. Another appointment scheduled two weeks later which then gets rescheduled due to a delay in delivery of parts. The customer service reps refuse to track down the part, find another part or ensure delivery because they are in the Philippines and can’t do anything. They are useless and all they can do is push the appointment out further and further. Sears is horrible from the initial call to now as I am still waiting. I would never recommend them and would never use them. Avoid at all cost.

Original review: June 22, 2019

I went to the local Sears store which is NOT close by to purchase a 24" wide stackable washer and dryer. The appliance rep said he would have to special order anything I see in that size and cannot meet my delivery request of one week. He said I should order it online and I could get my order fulfilled, rather than go to a store.

So, I went home, ordered what I wanted online, paid for it, and selected the delivery date offered by Sears. The date met my one week criteria which was critical since we live out of town from our condo and would be making a trip to be there for delivery/installation. 2 days before delivery date we received a call saying that they need to postpone the delivery date. VERY DISAPPOINTING! I CANCELLED THE ORDER! I hope they are better about refunding my $2000 than they are about meeting delivery dates!p

Original review: June 19, 2019

My washing machine needed repair. Despite repeated visits by nice apologetic repair men who kept ordering the same part needed, yet was always the wrong part delivered, and this over six month period, and countless calls to a service department of people who failed to resolve issue time and time again, and then an inadequate check to compensate me for having to go to a laundromat for those SIX MONTHS, I finally caved and bought a new washing machine at PC Richards. Though I never shared that I replaced it with Sears, I never received one follow up call from Sears. They strung me along, with pure ineptitude. Sears belongs and will soon be in the history books only. Warning: beware of those service contracts. Save your money. They are not worth the MONEY or TIME spent on getting Sears to honor them.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I purchased Sears washer. Front boot smells horrible. Purchased new boot but a special tool is required to fix. Called Sears repairs. Set up appointment. Well I sat at home for 4 hours and no technician showed. Called number on my work ticket and lo and behold I get text he is on his way. Within minutes he calls to say he is overbooked and not coming.. This is the kind of bull crap that is causing company to fail. I will never shop Sears again and will let any and all know how bad they are. Knew I was going to overpay on repairs but wife wanted smell gone. New washer too. Purchase not Sears. They suck.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Yesterday, the repair person (don't know through what company this is contracted, but the Tech ID is **) was supposed to be here to repair my washing machine. Time window for the appointment: 1-5 p.m. 3 p.m. I called to check. He was running late, he would be here at 5. After 5 p.m. I called. He would be here at 6. After 6 p.m. I called, he would be here at 7. After 7 p.m. I called, he would be here at 8. Through all of this, the person (in the Philippines) on the phone CLAIMED they would give the tech my phone number - which he should already have had - so the tech would call me. No calls. Not even one. Not ever.

About 8:15 I called, and first I was told he would be here later, then the person on the phone said, "no, status just changed, your appointment has been cancelled". 7 1/2 hours of wasted time, and the tech cancelled my appointment without ONE SINGLE call to me. And what is worse? The next appointment available, the next time they will be in town, they claim, is one week from now. Unbelievable. One more wasted day thanks to an unprofessional repair tech. If I could give 0 stars, I would.

Original review: June 4, 2019

We bought a Sears Kenmore washer & dryer about 5 yrs ago & I love them. The washer is a top load, HE (high efficiency), triple action agitator, 400 series, & the dryer is a 500 series. They have always worked perfectly & have never had a problem. They are easy to use. They make doing laundry a breeze. I highly recommend them. You will not regret purchasing them. You will be glad you did. Thank you to Sears Kenmore. Linda

Original review: June 2, 2019

We have a Sears home store in Canton TX where I bought a new washer and dryer combo. At the time of purchase, I paid for the extended warranty. for the last two years, I've contacted the store for them to perform the annual maintenance check up and do not get calls back to schedule it. Fast forward to two weeks ago. Approximately 2 weeks ago, I started to notice a foul odor coming from the washing machine. After searching online for possible solutions, I found that this is a known issue with this model and would require a technician to repair. I called the local store initially to schedule a service call, I called the 800 number, and I tried online chat. The local store clerk - Sears Home Store in Canton TX - keeps taking my number down and says they call call back. I have yet to hear from them.

When I called the 800 number, I tried the automated system to schedule - I held for approximately 30 minutes before I gave up - there was never an answer. I then spoke to someone through their online chat system. The agent recommended I run vinegar through the wash cycle 2-3 times then suggested I call back to schedule the annual maintenance after "I repair the machine." The agent through the online chat system continued to ask me if the washer was working, I stated "yes". She stated she would only schedule a repair IF the washer was broken, not for the odor. I have yet to hear from someone to schedule either a repair or annual maintenance.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I purchased an Electric Kenmore Washer and Dryer and all the necessary hoses and cords from the store in Augusta Georgia on 2/25. Sales Check # **.

They were delivered and installed on 2/27. Being that I work out of town often, the dryer went unused often for much of the time over the month following. On the evening of 3/24, I heard a loud popping/sparking sound and the dryer shut-off mid cycle and would not restart. Being that this was a new appliance, I assumed I had an electrical problem and scheduled an appointment for an electrician to come out when I could be present.

The electrician came out on Saturday 4/6 and advised me that the dryer cord had been installed incorrectly and I was fortunate that my home had not caught fire. I was advised to contact Sears. I did so the following day on 4/7 and explained the issue. A repair ticket was entered and I was told a service person would be out to my home on 4/9 between 8am - 12pm. I received a text confirmation of this appointment. When no one arrived on 4/9 I called Sears and was blind transferred to an unknown person for whom I had to retell the entire story. I was then transferred again to a local repair shop in North Augusta, SC called Certified Appliance Repair who told me I did not have an appointment since I had not spoken with them.

The young lady went on to say that she had called me the day before (during the day when I was working) and didn’t get a response but that she would schedule the earliest appointment which would be 2 days later on 4/11. At this point I have been without a dryer for 2 weeks with 2 special needs adults in my care. I called the number for Sears back, restating the issue several times to people who showed no empathy and just continued to restate less than customer centric “policies”. The last person hung up on me. Distraught after this 41 minute ordeal, I called Certified Repair and asked them to please schedule the appointment. The technician came out on 4/11 and restated what the electrician had advised. He told me that the entire wiring harness and dryer was burnt out from the cord being attached improperly and that he would have to order parts and rebuild a brand new dryer.

He also said I would have to get another cord that I had already purchased from Sears. He was also the only empathetic and customer focused individual that I had dealt with in this entire situation. I returned to the store on that day 4/11 and was again told about a 30 day policy and was not given a new cord but had to BUY it. I wasn’t even asking for compensation for the cost of an electrician. I was only asking for Sears to make this egregious oversight right immediately and send out a new dryer to be installed properly.

I am still without a dryer and waiting for someone from Certified Repair to return which he told me could be 7-10 days from 4/11. I am extremely disappointed in the service and lack of accountability from Sears. I work in corporate America for a large company that deals with 3rd party vendors contracted to serve our customers. When they make a mistake we assume responsibility and rectify the situation for our customer and we deal with the contracted party. Passing the blame and disregarding the customer is not an option. It is beyond frustrating that your company does not have the same commitment to your customers. To date, I still do not have a working dryer.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Kenmore dryer on sale online/put in cart for free shipping. Another window opened up for delivery options with prices on time of day -so I went to the nearest Sears and the same model in the store was $75.00 more, spoke with associates salesman. He said online is different than in store buying. I was floored, I had Sears repair coming out in a window from 1 to 5 pm for my dryer which in turn was $99.00 plus tax. I asked if I could use that off to purchase a new dryer, he answered, "We don't do that anymore, but when repairman showing up he will give you a coupon, if you don't want to repair and you can purchase a dryer."

Not true -service man that came out has been with Sears for 16 years and never heard of anything like that. So my question is -what the heck happened to to Sears? How are you training these people? Every appliance I own is from Sears. Their reputation went down the drain. So disappointed. Customer alert -if buying from Sears -check for sale and also have a truck to pick it up (free pick-up) -and strong people to carry in and hook them up, otherwise you're stuck with addition charges.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Bad Company. That's why Sears is going out of business. I called to get my washer fixed. It's a Kenmore Elite and the guy comes out. Says it's too old. There's no parts for it and it'll be $99. They could have told me that when I call to get a fixed that was too old and no parts available when I told him the problem. But no. They want to get that $99 just to walk in and look at it and tell me that. Everyone knows that's not right. Bad bad Sears, great way to drive your business into the ground. Oh, I'm sure you'll be out of business real real soon. Keep up the great work Sears. Maybe you can be completely be out of business by the end of the year. Enjoy those $99 you got for me. You won't last long screwing over your ex loyal customers.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Everyone that know me know I’m not one to complain a lot but I’m a little baffled today. I have a washer that was purchased in 2016 that has never worked correctly but because I have a protection plan I would just call for service. Only bad part about that I would always have to take off from work for service person to come to our home. So A serviceman came out March 20th, 23rd, today the 26th and it’s still not fixed. (It’s worser more today than ever.) The washer will drain on some loads and then it will stop. So I’ve learned how to just wash and wring my clothes out before putting in the dryer. So guess what my protection plan ends April the 1st. So here’s my question if it’s been worked on the past right at 3 years and 3 times in March...Do you think my washer problem will be solved when service person comes on Friday the 29th???? This has been a horrible experience with my Sears service and my GE washer.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I bought a top loader listen 3 years ago from Sears. Evening I was after all these fires had happened up in Lake County and just recently it's a my machine was not spinning correctly so I called to double check and see whether or not I have purchased a warranty because I thought I had but it turns out that I didn't so I was prepared to pay to get my wash machine fix. When the guy came out he found out it was the electric motherboard that was going out and it would cost me $700 to repair it. Now mind you I pay just under 4 to $500 for this wash machine speak in with so the repair is more of them what the wash machine was worth. So now I have a disposable wash machine that I have to take to the dumps because I can't repair it. This is so ridiculous and the guy on the call when the he with when I was scheduling the appointment said you know welcome the Sears repairs over 5.

Original review: March 15, 2019

It took 3 weeks to repair a washing machine that is less than 2 years old. Due to the problem with the agitator 2 sheets have been ruined and the agitator had broken plastic pieces inside. When the initial appointment for repair service was made the technician became sick and did not arrive. An appointment was rescheduled 2 days later and that service technician didn't arrive (told truck broke down). 3rd appointment technician arrives but needed new part which didn't arrive until 1 week later. I was very pleased with the service technician but not the time span for repair and my sheets been ruined.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I ordered a washer and dryer set that they had on sale and then if you purchased both you got another 10% off. They also like most places today have free delivery. When I gave them my credit card number and placed the order suddenly all of those discounts were gone and I was charged over 150 dollars than what I had agreed to. After chatting for half an hour the customer service rep agreed and said I would be issued a refund (I kept a transcript of this).

Today I get an email saying I don’t get a refund. If you go to their site all those deals are all over it. So I call to cancel the order and am told they have to send it to a case manager to investigate why I am cancelling the order and will let me know in 72 hours if I am getting a refund for the order. These people who are now deciding apparently don’t have phones because I could not get transferred to them to save my life. Looks to me like they are playing a game and ripping people off with this online marketplace. Criminals!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I purchased and washer and dryer stackable from Sears. Was told that they would beat Lowes price. First lie. What they did was lower the price with free delivery. Then at purchase they tacked on 50.00 for delivery then was given a in store gift card, which you're forced to use it at Sears. Price end up 100.00 more than Lowes. Salesman was told we work late and would not be home till 6 pm. He said no problem. Lie number 2, salesmen can't control delivery. Delivery controls Sears which is handled in the Philippines. Called for a late delivery and got a time for 6pm-8pm. Next day automated call stating 11am-1pm delivery. Called delivery (Philippines) had a hard time understanding them, after an hour got a reschedule for 6pm-8pm.

3rd day, got a call from automated service stating 11am-1pm delivery again. Again called delivery (Philippines) tried to get order canceled to no avail. Called store, never got a manager however got the original salesman. Was told the he fixed delivery and we got our 6pm-8pm delivery. 4th day Was on our way home and security camera picks up delivery at 5:30. Drive kicked over can did not pick up. Driver called at 5:31 for delivery after he arrived and not the half hour call prior to delivery. Again called customer service (Philippines) to cancel outright. Was told it was canceled with no confirmation or total of refund. She was very rude and would not give a last name. Day 5, Went to the actual store to speak to a manager which never appeared. Salesman again called delivery (Philippines) and was told order was canceled. However order still active in system??? It's been a nightmare and my next call will be to my Amex card to make sure this is canceled.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I gave up on Sears honoring their warranty, machine is 10 months old with 5 year warranty. Going down to an honest store to buy a new Maytag or Whirlpool this weekend. Just going to write this up as a bad debt.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I purchased a washer 10 months ago along with an extended warranty. The machine stopped working, I called Sears repair and they sent out a 3rd party repair service. I was told it was the balancing motor and the part needed to be ordered. It took 2 weeks for the part to arrive, ridiculous. Mike came back and replaced the part and told me to let the machine run a cycle before washing clothes. The machine did NOT make it through the cycle and shut down with the same error code. I called Mike immediately, he said he would call back but never did. I called Sears to complain and asked if they would send out another repairman. I had an appointment today, but the repairman didn't show up. I called Sears to let them know, I was told I would have to call the 3rd party vendor and they couldn't help and hung up.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I called and made appt. with Sears warranty for dryer repair from 8-12. When I called Sears the time frame they had was 3-5. I had taken the day off work for my 8-12 appt. and after calling Sears warranty and them knowing that it was their fault still nothing. I missed a whole days pay for their mistake. So in all actuality it cost me a days work plus 75 dollars. I am ending my services immediately if not sooner. Would have given 0 stars if possible.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Sears has to be the worst in customer service right up there with AT&T. I just purchased a new Kenmore Washer Dryer combo. WOW What a piece of junk, This thing does not do anything it says it will do, no hot water, drum will not fill with water, takes your clothes hostage for 1.3 hours, won't spin off the excess water so your clothes come out soaking wet. Sears customer service has sent out 3 of their technicians (3 visits 2 techs). Both techs have said the same thing. This unit is a piece of junk, why would the factory tech tell me this is junk??? No USA help, Philippines, can hardly understand what they are telling you and the run around is infinite. DON'T BOTHER. YOU can't WIN. BS, BS, BS.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Stay away from Sears. I bought a washer from them with a warranty. The thing broke. I have had to chase them and their technicians for the LAST 51 days!!! Yes 51, today starts 52!!! They keep sending the techs the wrong part and each time it's a week to two weeks turn around. All their agents are offshore. They have no clue on customer service, are completely rude. One finally gave me a shmooze and lose email to corporate which sent me to the usually were sorry for the inconvenience **. No wonder they're going into the toilet.

In the meantime, I have been doing laundry for the kids and I, in our tub the old fashioned way. I neither have the time nor the money to go to a laundromat!!! To say I'm beyond po'ed is an understatement. I have filed a consumer complaint with the Attorney General of Colorado and the BBB. Next, I have close to 3k connections on LinkedIn how I have met through my import export consulting. Stay away from Sears. They love taking your money but can't deliver.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

If we could give no stars we would (angry face). Our washer drum has a very distinct odor and smells even worse when washing and we have tried EVERYTHING recommended with no success so we decided to have someone come out and take a look and we chose Sears... We scheduled an appt for today between 1 thru 5 pm. We Received a text message stating the Tech is on his way so we left work early to make sure we were going to be home. A little voice in my head told me to call Sears and confirm the appt...make sure it will still take place. HA!!! The Rep stated the repairman cancelled the appt due to us not wanting additional service... What the heck!!! How would he know we didn't want additional ANYTHING when they NEVER showed up or called. Soooo what this Tech was saying, if additional labor will not be performed and just a "possible" maintenance it wasn't worth their time to even come out? REALLY??

The reps were helpful but had no clue how to handle this situation and said they could reschedule. Who has time to keep leaving work and missing pay to wait for the technician who may or may not show up or even thinks our issue is not worth their time. NOT US! I even spoke with a Supervisor to file a complaint. They could not help. I even asked for the 89.00 fee to be waived if a new Tech came out due to the disservice SEARS HAS CAUSED. They said no. Sears is supposed to be a reputable company. Stay away from Sears if need a repair. Go elsewhere. No wonder they are going out of Business. We will be looking elsewhere to get our washer fixed or Buy a new washer in which will NOT be from Sears. GOOD LUCK.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Sears appliance repair was scheduled to come to my home by my home warranty company. I took 5 hours off of work to wait for them, and they never showed up. When I called Sears to see when someone would be out, they said they had called and provided me with a number that I'd never heard of. They said the number was given to them on the work order. When I called my warranty company back, they sent me a copy of the work order, the number Sears had was not the one listed on the work order.

I even tried to speak to a supervisor, who told me she was the highest escalation manager in the company and insisted that the number she had was on the work order. When I told her I had a copy of the work order with my correct number on it, she continued to say that the warranty company gave Sears the wrong number. She was unwilling to fix the issue and send someone out. She refused to send me to a different supervisor or higher management. She refused to do anything about it. No wonder this business is going bankrupt.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I wish I would have found this site before I encountered the horrific experience with Sears. The washer and dryer were dropped off yesterday, the website was very clear that the delivery included install and haul away. When they got here they stated, "No. Just delivery." 5 hours on the phone, transferred at least 10 times, then they hung up on me. Every time I asked to speak to a manager I was passed along to someone else. I will be posting this on Facebook and any other social mediams so NO ONE has to go through this experience. I completely understand why they are going out of business. Beyond the lack of customer service every single employee lacks people skills. I WILL NEVER buy anything from Sears again. And will spread the word, this entire organization has no business serving the public.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I bought a washer from Sears and as usual bought the 5-year extended warranty given prior experience with products breaking down. (Over the years, I bought multiple fridges, washers, dryers, freezers, ovens, dishwashers, etc. from Sears and others and know how the low industry standard has become nowadays.) The washer started leaking. I called Sears and they scheduled a repair appointment. The technician came and wouldn't touch the unit after he opened it and claimed there were mice droppings inside it. I asked him if the leak is due to mice activity, and he said he didn't know but he declared the unit out of warranty (due to the claimed mice activity) and due to that, he can't do anything with it anymore. I asked him if he can find where the leak is coming from and if it is indeed due to a mouse activity that I'll happily pay for it. But if not, it should be covered by the warranty. He adamantly refused to touch the unit or do anything with it.

When I realized that he wasn't going to do anything helpful I asked him to leave. He proceeded to leave without putting the unit back together (left the unit open with wires exposed, screws all over the place). I asked him to put it back together and he still refused repeating his claim that it was out of warranty. He went on to leave and when I tried to stop him from leaving without putting the washer together, he threatened to call the police. He left and my washer is open and I'm now calling someone else to fix it. I believe that after paying hundreds of $$ in warranty, one is entitled to a better service and experience than this. I will never ever again order anything from Sears.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

First, the delivery guys weren't able to install my dryer because my vent is not round and told me to buy an adapter from Home Depot and call them back for installation which I did. I scheduled the installation 12/20 and got an automated call the night before telling me the time frame will be from 3:15 pm to 5:15 pm but then the next day I was surprised the delivery guys were already on the way to my home in 20 mins and they were hours earlier and told them I can't be with them that time because I am at work and nobody is in my house and they end up waiting till I came at 3 pm but to my surprise they told me they still can't do it for some reason which I felt they just got lazy doing their job. So lesson learned. Never buy again in Sears!

Sears Appliance - Washers and Dryers Company Information