Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.72/5

Samsung is a leading appliance and electronics brand headquartered in Seoul. Samsung makes multiple home products, including smart vacuums, kitchen appliances and laundry appliances, including washers. The company’s washers are widely available online and in retail stores nationwide.

Samsung Washers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Washers?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Washers?

Original review: March 8, 2021

I am sad to report that my $1000 washing machine lasted only 3 years. I called Samsung to report the problem. Samsung advised that it was the motherboard and that it would cost over $300 to repair. I find it interesting that they were able to diagnose my problem over the phone. That leads me to believe that it is a common problem with these units. I am very disappointed in Samsung.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

I bought a washer and dryer in 2017. In 2019 I needed a repair for the washer and another repair in 2021. We asked for a repair Feb 2 and the repairman returned twice unable to repair 3 weeks later. Now I’m told it’s the wiring?!! After all the repair parts paying for the service guy it would be cheaper to give me a new machine. Ridiculous! Yes I bought insurance. Samsung should read this and give me a new machine I’m very dissatisfied.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I normally don't write reviews but I feel this needs to be heard has it's a big company vs the little guy and I feel powerless. The door hinge has broken down 3 times after being serviced 3 times and it continues to leak water all over the floor. I have tried so many times to to remedy this with Samsung but they refuse to accept responsibility. I just feel they are trying to pick on the little guy. They have my money and now they couldn't care less to fix the issue. They even said the technicians say there is no fault. It doesn't take an expert to know that a leaking washing machine is faulty. Aside from that, the machine is really noisy. It is not acceptable for such an expensive product to fail 3 times within 8 months. Never buy from them! This has caused me so much stress and hassle not to mention inconvenience. A video of the leak can be found here: **.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

Noticed rust on the rim of our Samsung WA50M7450AW/A4 Top Loading Clothes Washer. Samsung will do nothing about it. It's a problem they know about, eventually staining/ruining wash loads, but Samsung will do nothing. The machine is built in Thailand, and it turns out they have manufacturing problems. Samsung chat is no help, rep just says "get a technician to diagnose" when the diagnosis is already clear - lots of rust. Machine is only 2 years old.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Our Samsung top load washer has been a nightmare since the beginning. Before we even had it a year, it was recalled for some kind of exploding problem when washing bedding. They offered a miniscule amount of money or a free recall repair. Dumb me took the repair. Next problem is that if you use the "Aqua Jet" deep clean function, it actually makes your clothes dirtier because it slings brown and black mold/dirt/slime flakes all over your clothes.

I regularly run the self clean function - this only makes things worse. Google "Samsung top load washer makes clothes dirty" to read a gazillion accounts of this problem. Clearly it is another design flaw. Do they offer to fix it or give you your money back - no. My latest problem... the lid is now broken near the left hinge. Again, another quick search of their customer discussion boards shows a ton of people have this exact same problem. Their response? It is no longer under warranty - contact a repair center and spend more money to fix it. No way am I sinking more money into this as I know it will just be a regular repair every couple of years assuming I can even get the parts that long. The dryer I purchased with this unit has its own set of annoying problems, although they are not as bad as the washer. I will NEVER buy another Samsung appliance again. They really should just stick to phones.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I have owned my Samsung top load washing machine since the end of Oct. 2018. About 18 months after purchasing it, the computer stopped receiving signals from the keypad. After much haggling on my part, Samsung thru their service center sent a repair person to replace the computer at no cost to me. That was October of 2020. It is now December of 2020, and the machine/computer is doing the same thing. It is not working. I have spoken with Samsung, and they are telling me it is up to the service company to decide if the next repair/replace should be at no charge. You should not have to purchase an extended warranty for a new product. I will never buy another Samsung product for my home or anywhere else. The quality is bad, and the warranty that they offer does not cover the computer.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

We bought a Samsung top loading washing machine a few years back. On the spin cycle, it failed and pretty much blew the lid off. Apparently a known problem and should have been fixed on warranty. We called the original dealer and they directed us to Samsung, we called Samsung twice and they said they’d send a repair person to look at it. A few weeks later, we called again and they denied having ever previously talked to us.

Registered again to have someone come look and evaluate whether to repair or replace, again several weeks went by. Called again, person I talked to this time was quite possibly the rudest person I’ve ever talked to. I hate to make light of it, but it was almost comically funny how angry and unhelpful she was. Long story short, 4 years later, still waiting for the mysterious Samsung repair representative to arrive...They must be very busy or walking from a very long way away. We replaced the Samsung with a Maytag - fingers crossed, it’s been perfect.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I am here to share my nightmare experience with Samsung pertaining to my washer and dryer. It truly is a pathetic and I firmly believe it was a grave mistake by investing my valuable money into their high technology (latest model) washer and dryer. I will never recommend anyone to buy it. I am writing with the frustration today and pain, as I am now stuck with a broken wobbling Samsung machine, which is causing a crack in my ceramic tile floor in the laundry room, as they continue to shift and become uneven. The Samsung technician identified the root cause of wobbling and agreed to repair the tile crack. He himself opened the Samsung claim, provide pictures from damaged floor and then Samsung claims asked me to provide estimate. I provided the estimate and then denied the claim and saying is not our issue which was approved earlier.

I reached out from Claims Manager to Customer Service Manager and then to Consumer relations Manager, everyone with more than 3-hour calls, multiple days and times just so they can pick up my phone, and when they finally did, they broke my trust and failed to meet their promise. These Managers were receiving call somewhere in Southeast Asia, looked system notes and gave the same message. From my experience, the Samsung representatives are “liars”. One day they promise something, and even in written, and the next day they deny it. Truly pathetic and fake.

I really hope no one gets as stressful of an experience like I received from Samsung. These close to 8 months have been outrageous as I have constantly had to go back and forth with Samsung representatives to explain the situation and have not received anything that helps. I think Samsung does not care for the customer. I don’t understand what is going on- it was initially Samsung technicians, who came two times which made my washer and dryer situation even worse than it initially was and claiming they were fixing it. Because of them only, my machine started to wobble more violently and thus the cracks on my laundry room started to appear and are now enlarging and shifting, and thus I was relying on Samsung to help me out which they flat out denied. It is THEIR MISTAKE, so why do I have to take all this stress on my mind? I can’t keep juggling my time with the headaches Samsung is giving me every second of my life.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

Samsung top loading washer model #WA48H7400AW/A2. I have had this washer a few years now and noticed rusted metal in my clothes. Around the soap dispenser is completely rusted. Called customer service found out my machine has a recall, but not for my issue for another issue! They gave me 2 solutions for the issue I didn't know I had 1) They will fix the issue and warranty the repair for a year 2) They will give me $18.00....That's right eighteen dollars! If I'm willing to buy another Samsung they will throw in another $100.00. As for my rust issue they are not recalling any washers for that at this time. I am so disappointed in Samsung as a company... I thought they would stand behind the products they make. On the front of my washer it says 10 year warranty... I wish it would have lasted half of that!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

I bought a brand new Samsung washer first of this month and didn’t work at all. I raised a service ticket with Samsung and they assigned the ticket to a third party. For a week no one contacted me. After one week someone from the third party service center contacted me but couldn’t find any slot for me to rectify and correct the issue. I prefer Samsung as not to buy in USA.

Samsung Washers Company Information