Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home
Samsung Washers
3.75/5

Samsung Washers

Protect what matters most

Protect yourself from the unexpected - Shop home warranty companies.

Protect my home

1993 Samsung Washers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I bought my washer in 2013 and within 2 years I had rust on the area right outside of the bleach holder. Now it is rusting under the rim and affecting my clothes. I've had multiple pieces of clothing ruined by this washer. I will not buy another washer or dryer from Samsung.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I purchased a brand new front loading washer. Within one month it stopped working. I have had four technician come over to my house during the weekdays to fix the machine. They changed a lot of parts. The machine still does not work. I requested Samsung to replace the machine. I have been on hold as customer service keeps transferring me from one department to the next. Will NEVER EVER buy Samsung again. This manufacturer is uses cheap parts in their machine. There is a reason why their machine cost less. Customer service is horrible. Never encountered such terrible service in my entire life being a consumer.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

We bought 3 major Samsung appliances. First the W/D stackable combo. Nearly $3000 for the set. They are 4 yrs. old and the washer is failing to dispense soap. Going to cost $300 to buy the whole drawer that the soap is dispensed from. Second is the dishwasher. 2 yrs. old and the washer arms came out. Replaced that problem for $275 and now it is giving me an error code and will not wash at all. Don't know what that is going to cost but from the sound of the machine it is in the motor.

Third, the french door refrigerator. Ice maker quit within 1 yr. of purchase. Still under warranty but we had to have a service technician out 9 times before Samsung would refund our money on the unit. We were in Best Buy yesterday looking at 70" TVs. I found one I really liked but as soon as I realized it was a Samsung I turned and walked away. I will never put another Samsung product in this house. I was told by a salesman at Lowe's and my service technician to NOT buy Samsung products. Where were they when I bought these products? Lol. That should tell you something. My technician says to buy KitchenAid or Frigidaire.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Mine is the model that had a recall because the tops were popping off during the spin cycle. The independent contractor person came to fix it, and there weren't any major problems with that. HOWEVER, as a washing machine it is the worst product I have ever heard of, seen, or used. The point of a washing machine is to get your clothes clean, correct? Well, it fails on all levels. I suspect its water-saving feature is mostly to blame because the water is not high enough to submerge anything. Allegedly, this is not supposed to matter and the clothes will be clean anyway. But I tell you, if I put something in that has visible dirt on it, such as food or barf, when I take it out after the wash it looks like I put the item outside in a puddle and let it sit for an hour. The end. The self clean feature is a joke, it takes a long time and leaves garbage in the bottom of the drum that I have to physically wipe out with a paper towel.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Never buy stackable! Won't service units unless installed! Numerous issues regarding noise, electronic failure, vibrating, leaks, odor, horrible servicing reps who don't get paid from Samsung then try to flip the bill on you!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Samsung Computers and Monitors?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

No complaints at all on getting the clothes clean. It’s just the reliability and workmanship in the dryer that is a concern. The dryer is only 3 years old and have had to replace the idler pulley, the heating element, and all four rollers so far.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Samsung washer does a very good job, has been very reliable, no maintenance issues. Price was higher than some of the others but not so high as to be unreasonable and thus a 3 on value as the price was just fair but not a great bargain.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

We have used our washing machine for about 7 months. About 2 months ago I started noticing a white sediment on my clothes when I took them out of the wash. Now, about 3 weeks ago I started noticing a brown gunky residue left on the clothes and in the washing machine. We try to report it to Samsung to no avail. We took the pulsator and drum out and discovered a large amount of mold and mildew on the machine. The pulsator is made of a plastic piece inserted into a chrome piece which you cannot get apart. In between these two pieces the mold is stuck!!! Will never buy another Samsung product.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

These washers are not made to last. Our washer lasted just over 2 years. The moving gears are made of a plastic that does not hold up and to repair it cost more than half of the price of the new one. They make it so you have to replace the whole assembly rather than being able to just replace the broken piece.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I'm a widower, with a house keeper, and I bought the very best for her to use and that is easy for me to operate as I am now disabled and not able to do things as before. They are the large units with front door access. With very clear instructions and double wash and rinse. Bought the Home Depot after scouting around.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Samsung front load washer is poorly made. My first one lasted less than 2 years. It started making horrific noises. Turns out the drum seal, bearings and drum shaft and carrier were destroyed. I was quoted over $600 for the repair. Samsung won't even sell the bearing and seal like most other brands, you have to buy the whole rear drum half assembly at about 10 times the price.

Instead of repairing it, I bought another Samsung thinking my problem might have been a fluke and the w/d was a matched set. It was on sale for almost $100 less than the repairs would cost. A little later I found out my brother (who owned the same model) had the same trouble with his after about the same amount of time. Aside from that the washer really didn't clean very well. Light colored clothes were rather dingy. Thought would go back to a Samsung top load but found they were calling them back by the millions because they were catching fire or actually exploding. I always had a high opinion of Samsung, but no more. I'm done with them.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

The washer takes forever to fill with water and many times the level of water is not enough. The dryer keeps spinning after items are dry. My water and electric bill are extremely high due to the inefficiency.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

The washer filter is very difficult to remove. The dryer heating element has failed 3 times. In addition some of the diodes that control temperature have failed so I actually had to wire around one of them while waiting for the actual part. In the dryer's defense there was a venting issue that I had to correct but even after the venting issue was fixed there were still heating related problems.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

The filter drain cap is impossible to work with. The snap broke and I had to cut tube and install another. The dryer tangles everything which negates all the features as I have to keep going back and untangle the laundry. The lint filter is difficult to work with. I am disappointed I purchased front loads.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Washer has many functions, 95% of them we use the normal function which washes very well. The same is true of the dryer, & the results are just great. We have a Samsung microwave & a Samsung toaster oven. All of which work wonderfully well.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

The washer is extremely loud!! Most of the time there isn’t enough water to get all the clothes wet, let alone clean. I had the washer about 3 months when I had to have repair done to the washer, and 6 months after that another repair due to the incorrect water temp. I will not purchase this brand again!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Cannot do large loads, can only put 1 large towel in with load, had to have it repaired after a few months of purchase. Machine is severely rusted and it is not in a garage or outdoors. Does not adjust the loads as advertised.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Our washer does not clean well. I have to wash every load as “heavy duty” just to get small amounts of dirt out. If my toddler wets the bed, her bedding will still strongly smell like pee after washing. I have tried different soaps but it doesn’t matter. I have hated the washer since the get-go. The dryer works fine.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Washer does not clean very well. Stains still remaining even with pre-soak cycle and reputable detergent. Washer leaves an odor on clothes even if you clean regularly with cleaner. Will not buy another one.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I've owned the top of the line Samsung washer and dryer for 3 years and the washer has been repaired twice and dryer once, and now the washer is making a banging noise; we had a Maytag for 30 years and it was only repaired once and that wasn't until about the 25th year! I will never buy another Samsung product.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Purchased Samsung stackable w/d in 2010 and both have failed multiple times costing more money. Washer does not get the clothes clean and the dryer is broken again and I'm done fixing it. Now the problem is they are stackable and to get a dryer that fits on the washer, I'm stuck getting another Samsung. I also bought Samsung refrigerator and stove at the same time and both have failed multiple times. If you buy Samsung you may get through the one year warranty but set aside money to constantly pay a repair person to fix them and those parts are super expensive.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Would rather have a washer with an agitator... This washer gets clothes clean but not like the washers with an agitator. Many options available, stays pretty clean, very nice looking and like the AccuWash feature.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I have done everything possible but nothing helps. My machine will not drain properly. Every load I need to empty the water by the hose in the front by the filter. I call Samsung repeatedly. They tell me that is normal. They told me my hose is in too far. They told me to remove everything and redo. NOTHING works. I am out $500 for a washer that I can't afford to replace. My laundry smells of mildew. Nothing takes the odor out regardless of what detergent we use. We properly clean the machine. Do the self cleaning cycle and nothing. This is a problems that Samsung should be addressing. There is no way I should drain 2 cups of water after every load.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

We bought a Samsung washer dryer pair in July 2014 while our new home was being built. We put them in storage and installed them in Feb. 2015. Last winter, after just three years, the dryer quit. Everything we researched suggested it needed a new sensor or new "card" or something electronic. Just to get a repair company to look at it was expensive, and we knew it would need parts and another trip, so we just took it out and bought a plain jane Maytag. Nothing fancy or electronic. Today, the washer, which was one of the recalled ones, quit. The tub apparently broke loose and dropped and it kept running water in it. Had to pull soaking clothes out, then bail the water out, then just be thankful it didn't explode or worse. Went online, found the mate to the dryer we bought last year and ordered it. No more Samsung. They costed way too much to tear up in 3 & 4 years. And just two people here so they didn't get that much use.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Doesn’t clean. Have to wash clothes over and over and over and still terrible. Clothes rub together and shred them and doesn’t remove lint to clothes. End up with lots of pilling. Worst washer made. Can’t recommend.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Laundry is full of dirt and debris after a normal cycle. The rinse water is sucked out of the drum through the laundry items which act as a filter catching the dirt. This is a new Samsung HE machine with no agitator. Had a Kenmore for 20 years and never had any problems like this.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Purchased October 2016 a brand new washer and dryer. Samsung top loader washer, dryer and the fridge have all had issues and within 26 months and a week apart the washer and dryer both have major repair issues. I am at a loss to replace. The drain pump has broken during a spin cycle and the dryer makes an awful noise. The pump for washer alone is over $100 to replace ourselves. Purchased a Samsung fridge also and the middle pull out drawer for beverages and cold meats had its own thermostat that does not work so all food is nearly frozen. Will never purchase a Samsung product in my life.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I bought the above washer. I liked the feature and it worked great until one day (less than two years old) it started banging and rocking during the spin cycle. Getting Samsung support and their Local service company never happened as they could not get organized. After a week, I went with a local company. Bottom line, the Control board and motor were bad. $550 in parts alone + tax and shipping. If I had them repair it, it would have been $750. Had to take it to the curb.

The dryer I actually got an extended warranty. The motor went bad on this one. I had much trouble getting service. Between Samsung, THEIR warranty company and the same local service center, they could not seem to get organized enough to repair under warranty. After many attempts they eventually fixed it under warranty Bad motor. There is no reason that these appliances should be failing. I did submit reviews on the Samsung website, but they have not appeared. Seems like they are flagging bad reviews and keeping them off their site. I would never buy a Samsung product again. EVER.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Want to warn everyone who may be thinking about purchasing a Samsung Washer or Dryer. My Samsung washer went to the landfill 2 1/2 years after I bought it brand new at Best Buy. I replaced it with a Speed Queen (made in America) washer. Samsung would not fix or replace my washer. They made one attempt to fix but it wasn't fixed. The steel tub split in two, it wouldn't spin, the mold around the rubber door could not be fully cleaned. My clothes were never clean from day one. Now, my dryer is 3 years old and that no longer heats. I'm looking at my receipt right now and I paid $1,427.75. I was expected these appliances to be "durable goods". Stay away from Samsung. Problematic and they will not remedy.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I have a Samsung, top loading, no agitator, HE washer that I absolutely hate! The only way to get the clothes clean (or sometimes even wet) is to do every load on the heavy duty setting and to pile all the clothes on one side so it senses that it’s really full. If you don’t do this there will always be soap debris on anything dark which is a real pain! I would never buy this washer again. Oh I almost forgot... it was also recalled because the bolts holding the drum would break off and shoot through the top of the washer! When this fix was done they put a new label on my dial that changed settings.

Samsung Washers Company Information