Accredited Partner

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.85/5

Since 1953, RainSoft has been a worldwide leader in providing families with premium water treatment and air purification systems. RainSoft is dedicated to designing, manufacturing and offering the industry's most diverse product line of water and air solutions for families like yours.

Their corporate Customer Focus Team ensures that each and every RainSoft customer is 100% satisfied.

A leader in the water treatment industry for 67 years, RainSoft takes the worry out of water.

RainSoft - a Pentair Company Video
RainSoft - a Pentair Company Gallery (1)

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft Water Treatment Systems?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft - a Pentair Company?

Original review: May 20, 2020

We purchased our Rainsoft system approx 5 years ago and it has been one of the best investment decison we've ever made for our family. Exceptional product and consistent, reliable service. Love Our Water!!! John B. Coconut Creek, FL

Original review: May 11, 2020

Updated on 06/24/2020: When service arrived he did not have the right tank. He emptied my tank and refilled it using resin from another tank. I noticed the new material did not have the black “Acti-Char”, but brown gravel instead. My original brochure states “A sub-bed of specially graded and treated ACTI-CHAR clarifies, polishes, and helps to remove taste and odors from your water. There is nothing else like it! Two units in one, at no extra cost!” So I am thinking somebody is cutting corners.

Not only that, but when we emptied my tank, the black material was all at the bottom of the tank (like the brochure picture). When the tank was refilled, the resin and gravel were all mixed together. After the unit was put back in place, he ran a test cycle. When we ran water from various taps there were resin beads. Not the white ones from my old tank, but tan color from the new tank. I ran a full cycle last night and this morning there are resin beads still coming out. The problem is with the valve, not the tank.

Original Review: Bought this system in '93 with a lifetime warranty. Over the years we have paid over $600 in service calls. On the last visit the service man recommended I buy a new system. I asked about the lifetime warranty and he said that I had gotten a lifetime of use from this system and they could not get parts anymore. Today the resin tank failed again, clogging up faucets and the washer with the little white beads. So here comes another $98 service call and I don't know what the outcome will be. I can not recommend anyone buy Rainsoft.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

Hi Rod, it's honestly great to hear from one of our long time customers and to see how we can best help you. There are many parts that are still covered under warranty on your system, one of which is the resin which we will promptly provide at no charge. Please understand, the electrical components are no longer covered under warranty on this particular unit, but should the computer board need replacing there are a couple of options available. We have been in touch with your RainSoft dealer and will continue to work with them to best resolve this matter.

Original review: May 8, 2020

System worked well but they were not upfront with us about the cost of maintenance and once you buy it you are locked in to their company if you want your warranty to be upheld (this is what I was told). Also we moved while owning the system and we followed the instructions for storing it and while being stored the tanks froze and the company refused to help us instead they wanted to charge us $3900 for 2 new tanks which is essentially the price we paid for it a couple of years ago. We ended up buying a new system from another company because no one in the company would help us.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

Hi Jennifer, this is a difficult situation for a dealer to address as abnormal conditions like these are beyond their control. As stated in our warranty, it does not apply to damage caused by freezing. Nevertheless, we are certainly willing to provide assistance where we can, but unfortunately it sounds like you have already had the system replaced. If this is not the case, please let us know and we will see if there is anything we can do to assist you.

Original review: May 7, 2020

We purchased a home in June 2017, well water was so bad we went to local Home Depot to purchase a water softener unit. We were approached with a free water test. We accepted and was set up for an appointment. A representative came to our home and tested our water, he stated we had salt intrusion and would need a complete new system. At this time we discovered this was a Rainsoft representative. After much debating we decided to go with the system, they ensured us we needed whole house reverse osmosis. Cost was going to be 10,0000. We thought since we just purchased the home and we were going to retire here, and there was literally no chance of ever getting city water, we decided to go with the system. It was called a EC5 Whole House Reverse Osmosis. We purchased it on 7-31-2017.

Shortly after a man came to install a system under the sink. He slammed the items under the sink onto the floor and complained that it was not cleared out. I asked him why he was installing it under the sink when we were getting the whole house perverse osmosis. He then checked his records, called someone and left. Two men came the next day to start the process. Never did anyone say there would be a 1000 gallon tank sitting in our yard. A total of 7 pieces of equipment That is now across the back of the house. Pipes running everywhere, an electric cord with 4 plugs tie strapped to a water pipe, unprotected from the weather.

Next day after install, there was leaks in the multiple areas of pipes. They came back and repaired. No extra charges yet on this 10000 system with a lifetime warranty. Then the Steiner pump quit working. They came back and replace a rubber part in it. 165 service charge and 70 in rubber part. Is the water good? No. We still have stains in our brand new appliances that had never had water ran through them until after system was installed. And no water pressure. They then called to say we were due for maintenance. They came out checked everything and charged us 436.00. Then Steiner pump quit working again, no wonder it also is not protected from the weather. Called them and they said it would be 600.00 for new pump and another 165 service charge.

Well, they aren’t getting any more money from me. We bought a new pump and a shield for it and installed it ourself. Cost 135.00. They called again and said it was time for maintenance again. I said no thanks. Well, today the main pump for it quit working. I called and explained what was happening. I was told they were booked up for a week. I told them we had no water, he said, "Oh then it’s an emergency, it gonna cost extra for that. Plus any parts you will need." Now I’m done with your crappy service and phony lifetime warranty and will Let everyone I know about our experience with your company. So sad you do not stand behind, install correctly and service your products. And the free dish, laundry soap, windex and other useless products you provide, aren’t worth the card board boxes they came in. Beware of this company and shame on Home Depot for sending them to us.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

Jana, we appreciate your review and apologize for the difficulties you have experienced with your local RainSoft dealer. We will be contacting the dealer today to address these issues.

Original review: May 2, 2020

The water technician came over after a visit at the Home Depot. He tested our water and showed us all the demonstrations, but told us we will pay 2 grand and had to open up a 7 grand credit line in order to get approved... only signed 2 pieces of paperwork and the next day he came back with a envelope full of yellow copies. I kept asking water technician what is the 7 grand, he said, "Wait 3 billing cycles, it will go down." We have been on 2 years now being back and forth to customer care to credit services... and the COMPANY keeps saying, "It's a contract, we can't do anything about it..." And credit services is telling us RainSoft can honor the bill... they won't do it. They keep telling us they can't do anything about it, it's frustrating the head of household is about to have a heart attack...

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

Thank you for your message. We have been in touch with your local RainSoft dealer to see if there is anything else they can do for you.

Original review: April 10, 2020

I took a survey at Home Depot and the RainSoft salesman showed up soon there after. We used Culligan for years but decided to get a whole house set up. Salesman was real pushy but we wanted the system anyways. They installed the system incorrectly and wrote down the incorrect financial information. They only came to fix it because of this. They harassed and yelled at us despite the mistakes they made. Like the product but not the customer service!!!!

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

Jeremy, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the poor experience and will be addressing this matter with your local RainSoft dealer. We'll be back to you shortly.

Original review: April 1, 2020

We love the system. We're kinda spoiled on it. But we had had problems on and off for a couple years. It was because the system was older. We either had to pay more money to keep fixing it or upgrade the system. It was really weird when it wasn't working so we ended up upgrading. The two guys who came out did a good job.

Original review: March 27, 2020

The water we were having was really slimy. We couldn’t get the soap bubbled up in the shower. The girl at the trade show that we talked to said, “Well, we got the thing for you.” And the guy came out and gave us a good sales pitch and he put it in the next week and I’ve been happy. Ever since we had RainSoft put in I’ve had great showers. The water’s taste is great. I hardly use any salt. My wife and I had about 60 pounds of salt in the house. Before we had it changed and I’ve only put in one 20-pound bag since the last time I had to put in. It was about four months ago so we’re happy.

It’s working out really well but I had to learn the hard way that when the power goes out, it loses the time so I had to go and reset that myself. I thought it automatically holds all the information, all the programming, but it doesn’t hold the actual time of day. It was out for about five hours and I wake in the morning and it started to regenerate because the power was out for so long. But other than that I love our RainSoft.

Original review: March 20, 2020

My wife liked Rainsoft when we were looking for a water softener and happened to be in Home Depot. The installers were great. However we were having a little bit of a problem with it, but I think it was because it hadn't cycled all the way through but I think it’s fine now.

Original review: March 17, 2020

We did a home water test through our town and RainSoft tagged our mailbox. Then, we gave them a sample and they called within the next day or two. The guy who came out was very knowledgeable and professional. He showed us everything we needed to see and explained everything very well. The installation took about half a day. We got a big house, which is 3,000 square feet, and the kitchen is on one and the access door is on the other end of the building. The installer had to go up under the house. We just had a crawl space. Since we've had the system installed, the water is all I drink. I use the alkaline. We bought a bunch of plastic bottles from Walmart and my wife fills them up every other day. We’ve got 12 in there and I drink 4 a day.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information