4.7/5 (370 ratings)

About RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

RainSoft manufacturers and sells water conditioning and water filtration systems for residential customers. A water expert can visit your home for a free water analysis. RainSoft offers solutions for whole-home hard water conditioning to improve bathing, washing dishes and doing laundry. The company also focuses on drinking water solutions to improve water taste and clarity.

Pros

• Referral program
  • Limited lifetime warranty
  • Free in-home water analysis
  • Energy-efficient options

Cons

• No salt-free softeners
  • Pricing not available online

Bottom Line

RainSoft offers traditional, salt-based water softeners and drinking water carbon filtration systems. Customers can visit the website to schedule a free in-home water analysis and find a local dealer to get a quote.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft Water Treatment Systems?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft - a Pentair Company?

Original review: June 7, 2022

Since having the system, our skin feels a lot softer. It's hydrating. Even the clothes feel a lot sloppier after laundry. We are quite happy with it.

Original review: June 6, 2022

I'm a little disappointed with the system. It worked really well for a couple of days. But then I'm having a technician come out for the third time in a few weeks. It's been not working. But overall, I really liked it and I hope I can get it to work because it's a game changer and I want to keep it forever.

Original review: June 5, 2022

Our experience was good all-around and we now have clean water.

Original review: June 4, 2022

The installation went smoothly. The installers came before the scheduled time and they did what they needed to do and then walked us through the process of what they did and how we are to maintain the system. They were all very professional and mannerable. My husband loves the system. The water is softer and cleaner. We're very pleased.

Original review: June 3, 2022

The change in our water is phenomenal. The water is softer. It's a really good system. We had one issue with a pressure regulator that went bad and they came out ASAP and took care of the problem.

Original review: June 3, 2022

The unit works very well. It does a very good job. I'm very satisfied with it. But I ordered some test strips from RainSoft and I haven't received them yet.

Original review: June 2, 2022

The service is good and the lifetime on the equipment is great.

Original review: June 2, 2022

The service tech was really nice and quick. There was no mess. He just went over the system briefly and gave me the package. He said if I had any questions, I could call this number. He told me to keep an eye on this and this. With the system, I can definitely tell a difference in the shower taking. I produce ice from the tap water now that I use since it goes through the whole system. I'm a little more confident in it and tasting it a bit here and there. We're pretty happy with the RainSoft.

Original review: June 1, 2022

Kelly was a very personable and pleasant young woman. She did not do a hard sell at all. Rainsoft was very expensive but they include all kinds of cleaning products, laundry detergent, soaps, and dishwasher stuff. But I would prefer to have had money taken off the purchase price rather than include cleaning products because we already have made our selection on cleaning products that we like. Other than that, the unit itself is working fabulously.

Original review: June 1, 2022

Since having the system, I can tell a difference in the feeling of the water after washing my hands and with showering, I feel softer than usual. I’ve been telling everyone about it.

Original review: May 31, 2022

We went to Home Depot at night and RainSoft called the next morning. They asked if they could set up an in-home test and they came out the following day. Then, they were like, "We can install it tomorrow." Everything happened within three days. The guys that came in for the sales and installation were very professional. Also, we love the system and I've told everybody about it.

Original review: May 31, 2022

They were awesome from start to finish. The installers had a little trouble with finding my main water line, but they worked until they got everything perfect. Now, my skin’s softer. My clothes are brighter. The water tastes better.

Original review: May 30, 2022

I got the EC5 and I like it because it comes with the app. I have it on my phone and I can monitor my system at any moment. It could be better with the technology that's out now, but it gets the job done.

Original review: May 30, 2022

The customer service rep was very professional, comical, and informative. We got the full house system and the undersink reverse osmosis filter. Everything in my house is cleaner and softer now. If anyone has hard water, you need this system. It will change your life.

Original review: May 29, 2022

I purchased an appliance at Home Depot and the gentleman, Chad, offered this product. He signed us up and Dimitri came over and we were sold. Dimitri is excellent. When I thought we had a glitch, we called him and he responded and came over. Also, I'm pretty pleased with the product. My skin feels softer, smoother, and almost like, "Do I still have soap on my skin?"

Original review: May 29, 2022

The chlorine in the water here in Waterloo is quite strong. My son had been to a home show and he had gotten some information from RainSoft and he talked positively about it. I had it installed and the crew was very professional and timely. When I shower, my skin feels smoother and softer. The taste of the water is a lot different and it doesn't have that chlorine taste. It seems like I use less soap too. It's been an overall positive thing. I would recommend RainSoft.

Original review: May 28, 2022

The reply I received from Chris B. from RainSoft in Columbia, SC was unacceptable. He negated my findings from a reputable insulation company reflecting inaccurate measurements 5500 sq ft versus a factual measurement of 3600 sq ft. In addition, the cost for the product including labor (which his sales rep Tim H. stated "you will not be charged for labor") totaled $18,792. Actual product and labor cost is a maximum $6200. You can't fake your way through factual evidence, versus hearsay! In addition Chris B. requested I remove all negative reviews, for a $1000 credit on my account (for maintenance of my water softening system).

Yes, I have proof that I was defrauded over $12,000 for a platinum vapor barrier that costs $6200 (including labor). Coming to my residence in an attempt to convince me his measure was correct, and the price was right is moot at this point! Try being honest in your business practices! Just remember, if you make it to heaven, karma has a way of getting even in the end!

Original review: May 28, 2022

I had RainSoft in a previous home 15 years ago. I had it set up this time and they did all the work, so I didn't have to do anything except tell them where to put the system where I wanted it. Compared to what I had previously, they've upgraded and changed it quite a bit. It's more expensive now but it's also a lot better technically. With the system in place, we've noticed a difference in the taste of the water and the feel of the water, which is what we were expecting since we experienced the difference before.

Original review: May 28, 2022

RainSoft has been awesome. The person that gave the presentation was Angel and she was great. She was very knowledgeable, friendly, and informative. She told us the process and it's pretty cool. It's easy to just flip on the faucet and use the water. There's no iron in the water anymore so that's good. We just have to make sure to replace all the filters that need to be replaced on time.

Original review: May 27, 2022

There was a lot of iron in the water and everything was turning yellow. It was ruining our faucets. We had bought this house a couple of years ago and we never experienced having to use a water system with the well before. The water system was old and broken when we moved in. We realized after two years that it needed to be fixed or replaced. It was one of RainSoft's really high-end ones back in the day when it was purchased. They said that it was a good one and it was well worth fixing. We fixed some of the main components and we also added our system to it for iron specifically.

The water definitely tastes better and softer. We don't have to have filtered water in our fridge anymore. Our hair and skin feel different from it. It's cool because the RainSoft app on the phone could connect to the water system. There are 14 of us living in the house so it's a lot of water usage. We're using over 200 gallons a day. You can see the usage and the app tells you when it needs to regenerate. It tells us when we need to add more salt. The only thing is I noticed that in the mornings, the water is cloudy. After an hour of everybody taking showers, it's clear. RainSoft is expensive but it's worth the investment.

Original review: May 27, 2022

We had hard water and decided that we wanted a water softener. We went to Home Depot and RainSoft was the one that works through them. A representative came and did all the testing. He was very knowledgeable. We got this nice, big water softener and it's easy to maintain and does the job I need it to. We have the drinking system and we enjoy the filtered water. I like how nice the water is.

Original review: May 18, 2022

The presentation of the RainSoft rep was not high pressure. We bought the most expensive one that had a lifetime warranty on the resin. But they showed us the warranties on other soft water systems. And the fine print said the warranty is negated if you have something in your water, which the rep showed us that we did, some calcium citrate. Most homes in this area have that, so he said already, "Even though you supposedly have a warranty, if they test your water and say, “I'm sorry. This damages the resin so we can't honor your warranty.” That worried me. It’s so expensive and they said three years, they’ll come out for no cost for service calls. My husband and I are older but they also said it's a system we can give to one of our kids. We don't necessarily have to leave it in the house. If we sell the house in five years and downsize, we can take the system with us and they'll set it up for our kids for 150 bucks.

The installation of our RainSoft was really smooth. They showed me how to use it. Unfortunately, I work from home and I had to get back to work. I didn't feel like I understood it as much. But they had somebody call me a couple of weeks later to see if I had any questions. I did, so somebody came back out and tested the water and made sure the stuff was working. She showed me how to use it and gave me her number and said, “Call any time.” They had good customer service.

Original review: May 17, 2022

They met my expectations during the installation. There were two services being done. One was taking care of the water problem and one was taking care of the plumbing problem. They were in several times and it took over a week. But they told me that upfront. Also, the people I worked with were really good.

Original review: May 12, 2022

I have had my RainSoft system for 2 yrs with the separate drinking water and it hasn't worked correctly ever. They come to fix it at least every 3 months. It's ridiculous for 10 grand. I shouldn't have any problems ever. I wouldn't recommend it. There probably cheaper better systems.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response
We have been in touch with the RainSoft dealer servicing Mr. Cosby. They apologize for the repeated problems and the owner assured us he will find a resolution to this problem.

As the manufacturer of the equipment, we stand ready to provide any technical support or replacement parts if necessary.

Best Regards.

RainSoft Customer Service

Original review: May 12, 2022

Two gentlemen came for the installation. They were very clean and professional. One of my parts was on backorder so they had to come back a couple of weeks later. But they explained some of the beeps and lights to me. If I have any problems I could call them back.

Original review: May 11, 2022

Everything went well with the reps. The installers were pretty fast. We love the system. My wife and my daughter say that it's really beneficial to their hair. They feel a difference. We also taste a difference in the water. It's of a really high quality. I recommend you get RainSoft if you're looking into a system.

Original review: May 10, 2022

June 2021 we got system installed. Two weeks into the install the drain system that the installer modified simply fell apart and water leaked into our under sink storage area. We contacted the RainSoft representative’s office who is located in Newburgh NY 12550. The owner stated that he could not have the issue repaired until a minimum of 48 hours later. We were forced to contact a plumber to have him correct the situation because water was leaking under the sink storage area, Approximately 6 months later our reverse osmosis water system stopped producing drinking water.

We notified representative of the situation and the owner came out to repair the system. After he repaired the system we noticed water coming from under our kitchen sink area where the system was installed. So we notified out plumber once again and he found the leak to be coming from a hose connected to the system. Plumber repaired leak, but it was too late the water seeped through ruining out wood floors and basement drywall. The representative has since gone missing and no longer returns our calls.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

Hi Tamara,

We have reviewed this with our distributor, HV Environmental Solutions, and have been informed by their insurance carrier of the following: "Our insured has stated unequivocally that the damages the customer sustained do not arise out of HV Environmental Solutions installation of the water system in June of 2021. Therefore, as there does not appear to be a causal connection between HV Environmental’s work and the claimed damages at your property there can be no liability on the part of HV Environmental". If you are experiencing an issue with your reverse osmosis, we ask that you please contact HV Environmental to schedule a service appointment.

Kind Regards.

RainSoft Customer Service

Original review: May 10, 2022

The purchase and the installation went pretty good. Also, the water is different and it smells better since having the system installed. The only problem is we were told when we had it installed that somebody would be coming out within a week or two to explain everything to us and we're still waiting. Nobody has come out to go over the system with us.

Original review: May 9, 2022

It was a pretty eye-opening experience with the sales rep because he did different tests and showed just how dirty the water really is. One of the things that he mentioned, which I notice now, is that once I have the water softener and I go back to using city water for anything, I'd notice the smell of chlorine and I've noticed that. I have the whole house system and it has the salt and the other system in the front yard. It's right where the waterline comes in and it filters everything. The water seems a lot cleaner and it tastes better.

Original review: May 8, 2022

The sales rep who came out was very thorough with demonstrations. I had the complete system installed and it was very good with the installer. Now, the water is much purer and we don't have any of the iron or chemical problems we had before. Overall, it was an excellent experience. They were very professional people.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information