Accredited Partner

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.08/5

Since 1953, RainSoft has been a worldwide leader in providing families with premium water treatment and air purification systems. RainSoft is dedicated to designing, manufacturing and offering the industry's most diverse product line of water and air solutions for families like yours.

Their corporate Customer Focus Team ensures that each and every RainSoft customer is 100% satisfied.

A leader in the water treatment industry for 67 years, RainSoft takes the worry out of water.

RainSoft - a Pentair Company Video
RainSoft - a Pentair Company Gallery (1)
View More View More

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 10, 2020

I took a survey at Home Depot and the RainSoft salesman showed up soon there after. We used Culligan for years but decided to get a whole house set up. Salesman was real pushy but we wanted the system anyways. They installed the system incorrectly and wrote down the incorrect financial information. They only came to fix it because of this. They harassed and yelled at us despite the mistakes they made. Like the product but not the customer service!!!!

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

Jeremy, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the poor experience and will be addressing this matter with your local RainSoft dealer. We'll be back to you shortly.

Original review: April 1, 2020

We love the system. We're kinda spoiled on it. But we had had problems on and off for a couple years. It was because the system was older. We either had to pay more money to keep fixing it or upgrade the system. It was really weird when it wasn't working so we ended up upgrading. The two guys who came out did a good job.

Original review: March 27, 2020

The water we were having was really slimy. We couldn’t get the soap bubbled up in the shower. The girl at the trade show that we talked to said, “Well, we got the thing for you.” And the guy came out and gave us a good sales pitch and he put it in the next week and I’ve been happy. Ever since we had RainSoft put in I’ve had great showers. The water’s taste is great. I hardly use any salt. My wife and I had about 60 pounds of salt in the house. Before we had it changed and I’ve only put in one 20-pound bag since the last time I had to put in. It was about four months ago so we’re happy.

It’s working out really well but I had to learn the hard way that when the power goes out, it loses the time so I had to go and reset that myself. I thought it automatically holds all the information, all the programming, but it doesn’t hold the actual time of day. It was out for about five hours and I wake in the morning and it started to regenerate because the power was out for so long. But other than that I love our RainSoft.

Original review: March 20, 2020

My wife liked Rainsoft when we were looking for a water softener and happened to be in Home Depot. The installers were great. However we were having a little bit of a problem with it, but I think it was because it hadn't cycled all the way through but I think it’s fine now.

Original review: March 18, 2020

We had Anderson Water System since around 2008 and when it had problems, the parts couldn't be replaced anymore. The salesman came and said that they were now selling RainSoft. I thought it was kinda weird that when he tested my Anderson water that it had a high number compared to the osmosis thing, which had zero. He was the one that sold us the other system and he was a good guy. When my husband was alive, we went down to North Carolina and North Carolina is built on sand and it was all soft water. I noticed that when we got down there, my eczema was gone. So I wanted soft water in the house and got the whole house system, not just the drinking water, and it cost 5,000.

We have baseboard water heat and I love the water softener because the scum doesn't build up in the pipes. Also, I like that it takes salt instead of potassium. Potassium is $30 a bag, while salt is around 5 a bag. And it's less maintenance. I don't have to pay the $45 a year warranty fee because it's under warranty forever. It sounded like a great deal. We live on one of the finger lakes and the house is gonna be my daughter's someday, so I'm trying to keep everything in good shape and the RainSoft is a great investment. The installer was a very friendly and interesting guy. And he knew what he was doing. I really love the water softener. A lot of people won't spend the money, but I can't go back to that old scumming.

I also got a separate thing just for the drinking water. It's on the sink. The guy told me to drink a big glass in the morning and at night and I'll sleep. I didn't believe him. I said that if I drink that water, I'd be up all night going to the bathroom. He said that it doesn't make you do that. And it's true. I am sleeping better. I used to be up about every hour, but now, I've been sleeping two and a half hours in a row. I'm very pleased. Moreover, my water is now the best tasting water and I'm not a water drinker.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft - a Pentair Company?

Original review: March 17, 2020

We did a home water test through our town and RainSoft tagged our mailbox. Then, we gave them a sample and they called within the next day or two. The guy who came out was very knowledgeable and professional. He showed us everything we needed to see and explained everything very well. The installation took about half a day. We got a big house, which is 3,000 square feet, and the kitchen is on one and the access door is on the other end of the building. The installer had to go up under the house. We just had a crawl space. Since we've had the system installed, the water is all I drink. I use the alkaline. We bought a bunch of plastic bottles from Walmart and my wife fills them up every other day. We’ve got 12 in there and I drink 4 a day.

Original review: March 16, 2020

The guy that we bought the house from had a water softener. He advised the guy that had Rainsoft to come and talk to us and we bought one. The installer did a very good job. We've had the system for months and we've been happy with it.

Original review: March 14, 2020

So far, everything is working out very good with our RainSoft. I was at Home Depot shopping and then someone came up to me and talked to me about RainSoft. Then I had someone come into my home and talk to me about it. My husband and I decided that we wanna try it out. And so far, we love it. The sales rep was very good and helpful. I feel like the way that everything was handled was pretty good.

Original review: March 11, 2020

We did a simple water test from Home Depot and was contacted by RainSoft about two weeks later. We already knew that since we lived in the countryside and were on well water that there was issues with our water. The water was hard and stained our clothes and anything else that came in contact with it. Well after the installation of our Rain Soft water treatment system we really noticed the change in our water. Our clothes are brighter, no more dry skin and we can actually drink the water right from the tap. Thank you Rain Soft. We are loving the difference.

Original review: March 11, 2020

We just moved in December and we were taking a trip to Home Depot. One of the RainSoft representatives was there and so we scheduled an appointment for him to come and show us. He took his time with the demo so it took a bit longer than the two hours but it was worth it. He knew his stuff and he knew what he was talking about. He was able to answer all of our questions too. The demonstration was well done. He made it a little bit personal 'cause he talked about using it for his own so it was like he was not just selling a product that he's selling, but he was actually using it. Knowing and seeing the demonstration, we felt it was something that we had to go for. It's self-explanatory and the products are good. I feel better drinking the water and it tastes good, so that's always a good thing. I haven't bought water in a long time too. Everything's working pretty good and we're satisfied with it.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information