4.7/5 (274 ratings)

About RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

RainSoft manufacturers and sells water conditioning and water filtration systems for residential customers. A water expert can visit your home for a free water analysis. RainSoft offers solutions for whole-home hard water conditioning to improve bathing, washing dishes and doing laundry. The company also focuses on drinking water solutions to improve water taste and clarity.

Pros

• Referral program
  • Limited lifetime warranty
  • Free in-home water analysis
  • Energy-efficient options

Cons

• No salt-free softeners
  • Pricing not available online

Bottom Line

RainSoft offers traditional, salt-based water softeners and drinking water carbon filtration systems. Customers can visit the website to schedule a free in-home water analysis and find a local dealer to get a quote.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft Water Treatment Systems?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft - a Pentair Company?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

The rep from RainSoft said that she was giving me this price but once she walks out the door, he couldn’t give me this price again. So, it was a high-pressure sale and very expensive, and we didn't get to shop around. But the rep was following the process she was taught to follow. I've been in sales most of my life so I get it. I loved her and had a blast with her. She was funny and we were like minded so we had lots of sidebar conversations and laughing and joking and carrying on. She was wonderful.

The system takes up a lot of space underneath our kitchen sink because we did the double filter system for the drinking water. But it's not a big deal. We even took the filter for the ice and cold water out of the refrigerator because our refrigerator can run without it and it was almost like the filter that's in the fridge ruined the expensive filtered water. We constantly had stuff floating in our water from the ice melting before we got the system. We don't now. Ice stays nice and clear. I’ve noticed the difference in how the water feels. There are 15 years’ worth of water deposits on my last shower door and I couldn't get it off. But now, I don't have any new water deposits anywhere.

I'm very glad that we got the system with all the crap in the water everywhere. We even saw it and I feel better that I'm drinking filtered water. But RainSoft’s price is still way too expensive. The pressure got to us and we didn't want to be drinking any more of that water that we just saw tested. Also, last minute, they threw in all these free products that you can get from this other company that say "natural" until you read the label and realize there are chemicals in there. I don't like most of the free products that they've given. They smell chemically and one of the products burned a hole in my clothes. So, even though the label says these are natural products and the title of the products has natural in it, it’s not. They are just mostly natural.

Original review: June 14, 2021

The gentleman that came out laid the out what product was. He took some samples from my water and was able to explain to me how dirty it was. I knew it was dirty. It was all rusty- and brown-looking. It stunk like sulfur. There was no way I would have drank that water. In fact, I didn't even like to shower in it. We raise standard poodles as well, and we wouldn't even let them drink the water. It was nasty. The gentleman offered the product that we can buy to make my water usable and it came out to 100 bucks a month. It was very expensive, but compared to driving to an artesian well all the time to get our own water, it's not that bad. I can stay at home and not have to spend three hours chasing down water twice a week.

I had a good experience with RainSoft. The people didn't jack you around at all. The gentleman that did the installation couldn't quite get it all done in one day because it was working into after dark hours that they were working on it. He came back the next day and finished it off just like he said he would. After the installation, we noticed a 100% difference. We have clean water now, even if we don't get it through the filter on the sink itself. That's where I use it for drinking water. I still don't use the other just because I'm leery, but our dogs can drink the other without a problem. The water is clean enough that we went ahead and we just made a purchase on a hot tub. Whereas before, there was no way we would have tried filling a hot tub that we're going to get in and sit down in.

I've got three tanks that are right off my pump house and then inside the house, I did the double filter. It was a good buy. I've had friends go, "God. How much you’re gonna pay to get a filter?" They didn't understand how bad the water was. Not being able to use the water on the property I live on makes my property worthless to me. The way I look at it, not only am I saving money running back and forth to a well to gather drinking water, but I've raised the value of my property should I want to sell it.

Original review: May 29, 2021

The guy that came out from RainSoft was knowledgeable. The crew that came out the first time was good. But I've had the crews out 3 or 4 times already because I've been going through a lot of problems with the softener. Hopefully, this kind of resolves some of the problems. But the water's great. It's soft and the system's working really good. My wife and I like it. I'm glad I did it. I should have done it 26 years ago because that's how long I've been out there where I live. I'm up in the hill country and the water is terrible up there. There's a lot of calcium in it.

There are some things that I'm still not happy with RainSoft, like the shelter that they put on. They were at my house 3 days ago and moved it from where they first installed it to further down from the side of my house. The only thing I don't like is if I have to put salt or check the system on how much I'm using, I have to remove all of that. There are no doors on there to open up and that shelter is heavy. Now, they've put two shelters because everything was exposed on the outside. I had told them about that already. For me to take the most expensive system and spend over $10,000 for that, I shouldn't have to be moving all this stuff. They should come out and put doors on it. I have to take the roof off, which is going to consist of me and my wife doing, then I have to move the whole shelter back. Whenever I need salt, I got to do that. I'm gonna have to do that also for the bleach container because that's got a separate shelter on it too.

I had a leak a few weeks later and they fixed it. The quality assurance lady came out. I told her, "We're not going in the house. I want to show you everything that's done back here at my house, what they installed." She came back there and said, "I'm not even happy looking at this." She took a bunch of pictures. I asked, "What are you going to do with these pictures?" She told me she was going to send them to corporate and I'd be hearing back from them. I've got hard lines that go on the outside and I can't have this stuff tapped into my hard lines because I've got a big koi pond and didn't want none of that stuff killed. They said it doesn't kill this stuff. Plus, that bleach container kept kicking on when we were putting the outside lines. When they were here a few days ago, they put a brand-new module. The one that was on it was bad but that took care of that.

Original review: April 20, 2021

We have been a RainSoft consumer owner since we first moved in our house about 20 years ago. We needed a new development and there was a salesman that came through. We had a demo on it and we kind of looked at the unit and then we had it installed. We went through some water testing with it. We were able to see where it did have some residual materials in it that was causing surface tension issues with the water.

The first time we had a unit was like an eye opening because we had just moved into our new home. That was more like testing of the water and going through some different things. We looked at adding a surfactant. That set us on the path to think about really putting something in for our whole house water management. Then we just recently replaced that original unit because we got to a point where the filters were no longer functioning properly. I didn't receive any information or mail about having any kind of checkups. So, I got in touch with our local dealer at that point, which turned out to really be a good move, because they came out, took a look at what we had and we were able to upgrade our system and maintain it. I don’t want to stick with the same system that we've gotten into. I wanted one that's going to allow me a little more flexibility so I don't have to do reverse osmosis and cleaning every week.

Since we've had the new unit, we did cut back on some of our laundry detergents. The most noticeable thing right now is that we feel like we're using it a little more efficiently. We had a unit where we have both the main water line coming into the filtration unit with the solar salt. Then we had the second reverse osmosis tank, where you kind of run off and then that goes into your drinking water and everything. The guy that came in was pretty informative. He did a great job of converting that system with very minimal impact on our day-to-day things. He got in. He was able to get the tank removed out and then get the entire system replaced with minimal impact to changing our schedule and getting us up and running. We were at a point where our water flow was really being inhibited because of the coconut shell and stuff like that that goes into that filter system. The main unit was pretty much sludgy.

We had gotten our money's worth out of it for not knowing that there was any kind of yearly checkup kind of maintenance that you're supposed to do. The guy showed us everything. He talked me through everything. He didn't have to upsell me on anything, but he did provide what some of the benefits were going to be if we did look at improving the system to where we are now. We could have stuck with what we had and just replace the filters. But I really felt it was the right thing to do when I talked to him with his experiences.

We've been very satisfied with the system itself. We do the refrigeration unit where we've got the water running in for drinking water. We don't use it through the sink anymore, but you can tell a difference in the reverse osmosis system with drinking water. It's not that our sink water isn't drinkable. You can tell there's a little bit of just a purity difference in it when you do drink it. We're noticing how different the water is with some of the neighbor's houses just like the water we get out of our sink that we use for cooking.

Original review: March 15, 2021

The lady that came with was very knowledgeable about the product, and she gave a good presentation. She was very respectful of our home and very nice. We knew our water was bad. We knew it was very hard. Our water didn't taste that bad, but I could see evidence with our water fixtures, and a lot of our clear glassware were getting hazy-looking. But for me, as long as the drinking water didn't stink and it's clear, it was probably good to drink.

The lady from RainSoft that was here was aghast that we would even consider drinking tap water. But we would run water through the Britta and keep it in the refrigerator. We buy bottled water also. And I just never thought too much about it. We fully expected that that would be the sales pitch. ”Your water sucks and you need to buy a water system.” The whole time she was talking, though, I kept thinking, “How much is this going to cost?" It was a guessing game in my mind as to what the price tag would be which we didn't find out until the end. But we bought it.

She came and brought her little system so we could taste our current water and the purified water. She even did an interesting thing. She knew that we were wine enthusiasts. And she said, “Okay, give me two of your wine glasses.” We had some wine open. She said, “Okay, you've got some open. Let's just taste it.” We drank some wine out of the glass out of the cabinet. And then she washed the glass and we drank the same wine. It didn’t taste the same. It tasted better because of the junk that was on the wine glass. Also, the soap is what makes it affordable because you get all this soap for free. We had a lot of cleaning products and soap. We have to use up what we had. But laundry detergent we're getting for free until our points are used up, which will take four years to do so. And we don't buy bottled water and cleaners anymore.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

I would like to know how much salt the system uses. The salesperson that was here said two bags of salt a year. Whereas the other guy that came in after told us it would be a couple of bags every four to six months. We're also getting some of the deposits when water stays in someplace. But other than that, we've been really happy with RainSoft. We've noticed the cleaning products work better and the taste of the water itself.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

Since having RainSoft, I now have softer water, no smells and no mildew in the bathrooms. The cost is worth it. I could see it being very expensive for some people. But to me, it was really important.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

The reps and installers of RainSoft were great. Now, our water is way better. There's no odor. It's hard to get used to the soft water, 'cause where I come from, the water's very hard. So, being used to the bleachy, chloriney hard water, now when our hands are soft, we're like, "Eew, it's slimy." But we're definitely getting used to it. Definitely the first month, all three of us in the house had our skin detoxed. Everybody's skin got really nice and clear. We feel better and we want to drink water now.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I liked the RainSoft rep that came out. He did a good job and was friendly, too. Now, there's no iron in my water.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I have a neighbor who is also a friend of ours. She was given a demonstration for RainSoft and she was really impressed. She gave our name as one of the referrals and RainSoft gave us a call. We made ourselves available for the gentleman to come out and do a demonstration. We were sold after we saw the demonstration.

We had a couple of hiccups with the RainSoft process. There was a point of contact that we had with regards to our five-year guaranteed supply of cleaning products. RainSoft partnered with this company. I had a little bit of a hiccup with the person from that company to the point where I had to report her. I also wasn't satisfied with my recent experience with a RainSoft representative but I liked the way RainSoft handled it. Outside of that, our experience with the actual water has been phenomenal. We love it and we are enjoying the quality of the water since we had the equipment installed.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

RainSoft's reps were very knowledgeable. The sales rep was the kind of guy I would have a beer with and the installers made sure that everything was cleaned up. I like the way that the equipment is compact, in my garage, and out of the way. I can easily go out there, look at the digital display, and see if it's time to add salt. It's also not really expensive and with all of the bonus stuff they give you when you purchase it, it's worth it. They gave us soaps, cleaners, and stuff to help offset the monthly cost. We wish those had been explained a little bit better by the sales guy. When he explained that portion of the deal, he made it sound like it’d be more financially beneficial. But there is some benefit as far as not buying as much cleaning supplies. Other than that, the water is much softer with RainSoft and it tastes better. There's also no chlorine smell to it.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

We love our RainSoft. The water is much softer, even when you take a bath or a shower. You also don't need lotions because it's coming off of your own oils like the rep explained to us. When we went to Oklahoma, we stayed in a cabin where they didn't have RainSoft and we could tell the difference in the water. RainSoft's rep also told us that our coffee was going to be totally different and when I made my coffee, it was phenomenal. He said that the filters at the bottom would normally last about eight to nine months and that somebody from RainSoft would give us a call to tell us not to forget to change it. He then told us about the levels of the salt that's in the tube in our garage and that when it gets down, it'll show us on this digital screen what to fill it up to. All in all, I tell all my friends and sisters that everybody needs to get RainSoft, especially if you have kids that have allergies and eczema.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

We've had RainSoft before until it just got so old, it went bad. We ended up just replacing it. Installation was spread out over a few days because it was raining off and on, but they got it in. Everything went well, and now, the water is soft and everything is much cleaner.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

The sales rep was very professional, friendly, and knowledgeable. Everything was good, except RainSoft never gave me my $20 gift card for Home Depot. Apart from that, the guy came out and knew what he was doing and where he had to go. He was very knowledgeable about the install, professional, and showed me how to run it, what to watch for with the salt, and how to reset the equipment when we add salt. Both of the tanks on the outside of the house were installed and instantly, the taste of the water and the hardness of it were different. Water's water, but there was a major difference. I would absolutely recommend RainSoft.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

We just built a new house, and we went with a water softener because we could tell the water was hard. There is a RainSoft representative that lives in our neighborhood and I met her. She gave me information about the system and how great it is, so I reached out to her when we decided we wanted to do something. The day they scheduled the installation, my husband ended up getting called out on the job and I was working in a clinic and couldn't get away. Erica, our representative, showed up at our house, met them and took care of that for us so that we didn't have to miss that appointment. She was amazing.

All in all, it was an awesome experience through the finish, and I can definitely tell the difference since having the system. I've noticed our water tastes better, and when we shower, I can feel my skin isn't dry every time I get out of the shower like it used to be. Also, we have a glass shower and I've noticed that that hardness doesn't cling to the glass anymore.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information