4.59/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1953, RainSoft has been a worldwide leader in providing families with premium water treatment and air purification systems. Visit bit.ly/RS-dealer to become a dealer! For more than 60 years, RainSoft is dedicated to designing, manufacturing and offering the industry's most diverse product line of water and air solutions for families like yours.

Our corporate Customer Focus Team ensures that each and every RainSoft customer is satisfied and exceeds every expectation. If you have a question, comment or concern, we encourage you to contact us directly at 1-800-RAINSOFT and ask to speak with our customer service group.

A leader in the water treatment industry since 1953, RainSoft takes the worry out of water.

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc. Video
RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc. Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2004 RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Most diseases are caused by water so when somebody referred me to RainSoft, I thought it was an opportunity that I should grab to make sure I drink clean and good water. The sales representative who came out was polite. But I've had the system installed for about three and a half months now and she has not called to follow up to see how everything is going on. I was told that I would be getting a monthly supply of the laundry soap but I never got it. Aside from that, I also have a problem with the positioning of the equipment. The technician installed the system on top of the water for my basement. So in case my basement is flooded, we should take that off before they ever do anything. So I have to get back to him about that. Otherwise, the technician was good and the installation went smoothly. The water now is also better than the one I used to drink and I've been doing a lot of campaigning for people to get the system as well.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

We recently moved back into this area and we didn’t like the look of the water and what we were seeing on our pots and pans. My husband filled out a questionnaire and then RainSoft called and offered if they could come by, which they did. The rep came and showed us the product. He was pleasant and personable. We got a full filtration system and with it, the water has no taste and there are no deposits inside the washing machine. We've also stopped using a hair conditioner.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

When I lived in Illinois, I knew of RainSoft and I had a water softener there for 30 years. When we moved to Georgia, I didn't like the water. I wanted a water softener and I stayed with RainSoft. The consultation with their rep was excellent but there really wasn't a presentation because I knew I wanted one. He was an installer who happened to come the same day that I called and he tested the water and did a brief presentation because I knew that that product was what I was gonna go with. Then I was out of town for a couple of weeks and when I came back, I scheduled the installation and the tech was able to come pretty much the day that I called to schedule. He explained how to work the system but I already knew how to operate a new one. He was great, though. I got the water softener and the whole house filtration, and since they were installed, the water has become softer, which was what I was used to in Illinois. Plus, it tastes better.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

A friend gave our number to RainSoft and they called us. Setting up the consultation with the representative was fine and they were easy to work with. During the consultation, the representative was good. We purchased the conditioning system and the filter system where there's a thing that goes under the house and we have the filter on our two sinks. The installation team that came was good. Now, the water tastes good and it feels nicer on the skin.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I have well water and my water is really bad, so I’ve been wanting a water treatment system for a while. A friend told me about RainSoft and when I interacted with the salesperson, it was a great experience. He was very knowledgeable. The installation team went beyond and did a good job. Since having it, I could tell the difference especially in the shower. Also, their customer service was good. They retested my water and looked at my system. I’m satisfied with RainSoft.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

The water had a lot of chlorine in it, so I began researching water treatment systems. The rep at RainSoft was kind, very cordial, and very informative. There were some things that he shared that I found out didn’t turn out to be the truth, but overall, he was good. We purchased a big, old tank. We got water conditioning with the charcoal filter. The installation was good, but we’ve had problems since then. We didn’t get it that long and they had to come out already because the filter wasn’t working properly. I'm satisfied with RainSoft and the taste of the water tastes different, but how the residue wouldn’t be there on the glass and on the shower were not true. He was showing us on the glass how the treated water that he had didn’t leave the glass with water spots on it versus what the untreated water did.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

We were always concerned about the quality of water we were getting. We were at Home Depot and a fellow approached us about RainSoft's water treatment system. They got our interest and we signed something. Then later on I got a phone call and made an appointment. The sales rep was pleasant and setting up the consultation was easy. When a RainSoft rep came out and did all the tests, it convinced us that we needed a change. Then we bought a system to mineralize the well water we have and to treat drinking water.

The installation experience was pretty good. Two guys came out and they installed part of the system. Then somebody was gonna come out the next day but for some reason, we weren't able to do it that next day. It was a bit later before another couple of guys came out and installed. They were very professional and things went very smoothly. However, I wasn't made aware that the system was a really noisy process, and that noise could be due to the recharging that occurs at certain times during the life of the system. We had the system set up at night-time and it woke me out of bed at 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning.

We had somebody else come out after that and a quality control guy came out to take a look at everything. We told them about the noise and he simply rescheduled the recharging to afternoon when it wouldn't be a problem. The people that came out were all great, really pleasant, friendly and informative. They did the work well and everything was terrific. We're pleased with the RainSoft system, so far. We have to add salt from time to time, but the water is much softer now and the drinking water tastes better.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

A friend of ours told us about RainSoft. They had a water treatment system put in. They did a demonstration for us and there was a free gift with it. After the demonstration, we were convinced that we needed a water treatment system and we got the whole-house soft water system from them. All of the RainSoft people that we worked with were very knowledgeable about the product. The sales rep and the installer were very professional. It took the installer two hours to put the system in and we're well pleased with it.

We also got the system set up so I can wash my car with the soft water and there are no spots on my car. Our water now doesn't take as much detergent, shampoo or soap. It also makes me feel cleaner when I'm done with the shower. The only problem we've had is we were supposed to get some meal coupons for referring RainSoft to some people. We put in the names of these people, but haven't heard anything about those coupons at all. Other than that, though, I'm satisfied with the products.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I have some health issues and the RainSoft system was installed in our house as a gift. It’s an under the sink kitchen system and the salesman told us that there is a couple of adjustments to be done once a month. He was a great individual and he did a good job. So far, everything’s positive and our water has a good taste now.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Rod ** was the tech that came to our home. He was very helpful in helping us get the right system for our home. They were fast and accurate and had the team out the next day which was a Sunday to ensure we would have safe water in our home. The staff installing were very professional. I would absolutely recommend RainSoft systems to anyone who needs a system.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

We were shopping in Home Depot where a promotion was being conducted on the day we were introduced to the system. We were asked if we would be interested in a demonstration, and Sherlock of RainSoft was absolutely fantastic. We liked his presentation, communication skill and knowledge of the product and its benefits.

We have noticed positive changes. My son had some severe case of acne on his back and it was noticeable that those are getting less. In terms of the dry skin that all of us were experiencing with the use of the hard water, it is much improved. We are now getting a better, softer quality water to use and hence, the less harshness or chemicals on our skin. I'm actually going without using lotion and then not even noticing it. It's something that I don't need every morning to get up, so RainSoft is having that impact. And in terms of water quality, as it is alkaline water, I find that I'm drinking a lot more water, nearly two liters now per day.

RainSoft's system is number one. It is applicable, practical and something that if most households in Ontario can afford the system, the benefit far outweighs anything that you can think of right now in terms of using it. We have made strong recommendations of the system to plenty of friends of which more than half a dozen people have responded positively and taken the system.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

We just moved into a new house and the water was bad. We got both the water conditioning system for the whole house and the drinking water filter. The salesman was knowledgeable and good at what he does. He was one of the better salesmen I’ve ever seen in my life. The installation of the system was quick and easy. The installers were in and out and there was no mess. Since the water system was installed, I can drink my water and it’s not killing my plants. I also don't have to stay in the shower for an hour trying to get the soap off of me. Truthfully, RainSoft has made a big difference.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

When I was in Home Depot, RainSoft's reps came up to me and gave me an offer for them to come out and assess what we had. The sales rep who did the presentation was new at doing it and she reached out to her supervisor to answer some of the other questions I had. The installation went well, though. Right now, it is just two parts because I could not afford the whole system and my wife and I are trying to save up enough to get it. I got the water thing under the sink, and then I got the laundry one. RainSoft's reps said they would test the water to see if the filtering system and things are working, yet there hasn't been a follow-up to see if the two parts are working as designed. But so far, it looks like it's working like they said it would.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Setting up the consultation with the RainSoft sales rep went smoothly and she was very knowledgeable. She said our water was not bad but we wanted our water to be a little bit better if it was possible. The system makes my ice taste like a treat now and I love to chomp on it. The system sits in the home and it aesthetically looks well. Although the installers had to come back a time or two for the installation, that was totally understandable. They did a French drain so there were a couple things they had to do.

When it came down to my financing, I was fine with my APR and percentage of interest rate. However, I did not know that so soon we would be switched over to PCI. They let us know that they were our new financier but by the time I got my letter from them, interest was accruing. However, we were supposed to be deferred until December the 15th and in the letter, PCI said they would honor us being deferred because we had that before they received our account. We had not sent payments and the lady I talked to sounded surprised like, "You're not gonna send the payment?" Then she said that interest was accruing until I pay.

PCI has sent mailing to let us know that the payments would be coming up. When we got a statement, it said "no payment". Our total with RainSoft came down to $7,975 but we already have $177 in interest. The interest has made our balance go up and by the time December comes, it would be almost 10,000. So I'm not happy with that. PCI is not honoring what they said. I'd like someone to rectify that because we don't know why they're doing it. They should start us off fresh when December comes.

Resolution response: Sept. 25, 2018

Because I did a one star review I want to let everyone know what has happened since. Rainsoft contacted me and set up an appointment to send out 2 of their best guys. Dan and Dominic came and we went over every issue I was having. It all boiled down to my old galvanized plumbing pipes. They offered a very good deal on replacing all of them. Not only did they put the new pecks in, they even moved 2 of them so we would not hit our head on them every time we went down the basement stairs. No more ducking down!

Dan and Dominic were amazing!!! They were extremely nice, helpful, professional and did not leave till we went over every single thing. I can actually smell the clean water as my washing machine fills with water and now have good water pressure. I tossed in my dirtiest clothes with no laundry detergent and was pleasantly surprised. The contraption works. I cleaned out all my faucet filters, tub, toilet and toilet tank and won't have to do it again in 3 days. They went above and beyond to set things right and I am so happy. Dan and Dominic... I love you guys!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

When we bought our home I hated the taste of the water. After spending 4,000 on a new bathroom with a Swanstone shower I noticed how the water was leaving a brown film on everything including the toilet. We had RainSoft install a water softener, which included the triple filter system for the kitchen sink's drinking water and a unit on our washing machine. 2 years later and I still get the brown film on my Swanstone shower, the shower curtain is brown, my toilet has to be cleaned every 3 days to remove the brown and it just makes me sick! The unit on my washing machine, as told by them, it would clean my laundry in cold water without using any laundry soap.

The dirt on the knees of my jeans came out the same way it went in, still completely dirty. What a joke this contraption turned out to be. After complaining about the brown film and taste several times, they blamed it on old water pipes. If they were honest, they would of told me that their system would not work unless all the plumbing pipes were updated. $6,500.00 is a lot of money to pay off on something I never would of bought in the first place if I knew it would not work. I am so disappointed in this product and price.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

Hello Marilyn,

Thank you for reaching out! We appreciate you taking the time for your review, both original and updated one. We are glad that we were able to help you and find a resolution to the issue. Please feel free to reach out again if you ever need anything else!

Have a great day!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

My husband had set up a consultation with a RainSoft sales representative and we scheduled the time. The sales rep was really down to earth. She waited for us and ordered our dinner. She waited for my husband to go correct his order before she started everything. That was really nice. We ended up purchasing a whole house system from RainSoft. The installation team were pretty good. They were knowledgeable, nice, and accommodating. They have completed the set-up in 60 minutes. They had to come out from Jersey a week or so later and dug us a French drain and then we developed a sinkhole over the drain and that took about a few weeks for somebody to respond and get that corrected. Since having the water treatment system, the oxidation in some of our copper pipes that was coming out of the shower is gone. The taste of the water is better, and our skin is not as dry. Everything seems to have improved health-wise.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

We just moved in and we got the impression that most of the houses either had or needed a water softener. There was one posting that scared us a little, that a lady's house got completely ruined by the hard water. She posted, "If you don't have a water softener, you need to get one." Her walls had to be ripped and everything re-piped. We got a water softener from RainSoft after learning of them through the Firethorne website with all our neighbors. Their sales rep was great. He was here for a couple of hours and he was part of the family by the time he left. Also, installation guys did wonderfully. They were very respectful and they took their shoes off when they came in the house. Someone just came and checked the water the other day. He was very nice. He had to get a water test and he said it was 94%.

With the system, we can feel the softness in the water. When we're taking a shower and washing our hands, we can feel the difference. However, the only thing the rep failed to tell us was about refilling the salt. He told me that I should let the tank run close to empty because if I keep filling it, the bottom of the tank can solidify and it will get locked, and I will have all sorts of problems. The salt tank got a foot off the ground and I added two bags of salt because when the techs dissolved it, the tank was full and that's what I figured needed to be done. However, the inspector that came to check the water said that I have to let the tank run almost to the bottom before I put more salt in. It was a good tip.

We like the soap products too. If you buy the system, RainSoft hooks you up with this concentrated soap and you have 1,200 points that you can use over the course of a couple of years. You can go to their website and you can order all these different soaps, hand soap, laundry soap, laundry softener, and multi-purpose cleaner. The soap feels very cool and it's really useful and very concentrated. We get a bottle and we only put a little into a spray bottle or a pump bottle, then we dilute the rest with water, and it lasts a long time. They have all these different soap products which save us money. They even have bar soap for the bath and it's also very cool.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

We were shopping at Home Depot and this guy asked us for information about our water and told us that a person will come out. The rep who came went through the test of our water and told us how it would show on our clothing. We've also been using the soap and detergent that came with the kit. The wife has noticed that when we wash our clothes, there's not much lint in the dryer area just like it would. We're really happy with it and we haven't gone back to our regular soap and laundry detergent.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

The quality of our water was not as good as we thought. Then after we had on the island this major hurricane last year, it was getting worse. Those things back then were not so important, but we have a three-year-old baby, so they are now. I was visiting one of the Home Depot stores in Puerto Rico and some associate told me about the RainSoft promotion. It was about a visit that they can do to our home to check the quality of our water. Home Depot coordinated the installation of our water conditioning system, and the installers went to our home. It was really quick and I did not lose that much space. At the same day, I could arrange to have all installed at the same time. I was fortunate because I was planning to put in our house this water tank, in case the government service of water stopped.

The differences in the water now are exactly the same ones that we were able to see when they went to our house and make all these tests. Right now, it is going exactly as it should. It is easier to clean, our skin is always soft, and our baby has not had any more allergies, so it's been great. I definitely would recommend RainSoft.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

Everything went perfectly with RainSoft and they were Johnny-on-the-spot. My wife made me decide to look into water treatment systems. We purchased the most expensive water conditioning system and some reverse osmosis from RainSoft. The installation team arrived exactly when they said they would and they did a wonderful job. Now, our water is a whole lot better. We have the reverse osmosis drinking water there on the kitchen sink and we have some people to come visit where they can drink the water.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

People from RainSoft approached me in Home Depot and I did the home demo and was impressed. They were flexible with my time when setting up a consultation with their sales rep. I've had a good experience when the reps came out for my consultation as they were knowledgeable. I purchased the water conditioning system as well as the filters for drinking water. My husband liked the guy who did the installation and did a good job.

I was supposed to get a follow-up test thing and they never did that. I have their service number but I haven't got around to call them. Another thing is that the system seems to go through salt more than what they said. So, I don't know if there's need to be an adjustment on that or not. When they come out to do a retest, they can do that. But other than that, since having the water system installed, I use less soap in my hair. Also, I still have to use conditioner but just a third of what I used to use, and I don’t use any lotion on my skin. Before, our clothes would be really stiff, but now, they're softer than they were before. They're still kinda stiff but that’s because I line dry them.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

We bought the system seven years ago. They come once a year and they all seemed very competent, clean, on time, and they knew what they were doing. It was all positive, so I give them high marks. The last time they were here, the guy said, “You’ve had this thing a whole of bunch of years. You ought to upgrade it to the newest system that uses less salt, and do this and do that." He was right, and I bought something new in the last couple of months. But, I don't know if it's using less salt as I'm not a huge water user. Nevertheless, the quality of RainSoft is fine.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

RainSoft sent out a card saying that if the salesperson came by, we would get a $25 Amazon card if we listen to the presentation. Doug was our salesperson and he said he was a RainSoft customer himself. He had a very nice countenance and his skin looked really good. He went through the whole spiel and we never hesitated about getting it. We wanted all the different advantages of having the system. So, they came in the very next day and installed the RainSoft water treatment system. It was a very easy transition for us.

The next morning, I got up about 5:30 and made my coffee very first thing and the flavor of my coffee was more distinct. It didn’t have that chlorine or chemical finish or side to it. It was very good. It was the same thing with the water and knowing that it’s alkaline has encouraged me to drink more water. We used to buy the bottled water and now, I just use metal containers. I'm a mailman and it's 90 degrees out. So, I'm drinking my good RainSoft alkaline water, good PH. It's driving my cancer away as well as keeping me hydrated. I am very satisfied.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

We had this product installed a year ago. We have been having a problem with a valve in the system that leaks. Causing very large water bills. It has happened twice now. I think they know there's a problem and not telling new customers about it. I am very disappointed with the system. We live in Georgetown, KY where the water is bad thinking this would help. I am at the point where I will just suck it up as a bad investment and turn the system off.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Our water was hard and setting up a consultation with RainSoft was easy and straightforward. The presentation was done well, the reps were accommodating and everything was easy. The filtration system installation for the whole house went smoothly, except it took a couple of days as it was hard to find the main supply line to the house. Everybody that participated did a good job and the woman who came out and tested the system at the end was great. There was a world of difference from before and after the system was installed. The water looked very pure compared to what it was before, and most of the calcium and the impurities had been taken out. It feels like soft water and it has a good taste.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I have a baby on the way so I figured if I’m gonna be bathing him inside the sink and the tub, I want to get filtered water. It's also to save a little money every month. Instead of buying water bottles, I can use my own. That was why I called RainSoft. They went over the energy with us and gave us the knowledge on it. Everything went great with the sales rep too. Scott was awesome. He wasn’t trying to sell me. He was trying to educate me and I liked that the most. I got a salt-based water treatment system and the installer was great too. I like the fact that all the soap came with the system as well. Since having the system, I've noticed a hundred percent difference in our water.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

The RainSoft reps we dealt with were great. We got the water treatment system and everything went fine with the installation. The installers were good and I had no problem with them. Since having our RainSoft system, my hand ain't as dry. It does help. My boyfriend swears by it and he likes the soaps.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

We just moved to the area in Dallas and I kept getting this card thing in the mail. It had this, "'Cause you're new to the area, you have this prize. You have a gift." Someone called and it ended up being RainSoft. They came out and did the presentation through Home Depot. The RainSoft guy did a good presentation. We realized that the quality of the water was so-so and the system would make a big difference, so we decided to spend the money. The installation was good. The installer had to come back and do a couple of things. What is good is the system is in the garage, not outside, so it's not exposed to the elements and it doesn't take up that much room. We're just paying attention to the salt and how we fill it with salt. It's simple and not a big deal.

Since having the system installed, the water is clearer and we can feel the softness. Once we washed the clothes through a couple of times, they are a bit different. We are also using their products and it was part of a promotion. There's also a filter for the water from the kitchen sink and I've been putting that in my coffee maker. That makes a big difference to that. A big feature is the system is portable and we can take it with us. Wherever we end up when I retire and head back to the east coast, we'll be able to take it with us. The only thing that was weird about it was how they financed it but once we set it up and we got used to it, it was okay. We're about to get it paid off. The overall experience is good. The system is working and making a difference. It's a little pricey, but I would recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

My wife had a problem when she would shower. She has always complained that the water was hard and it didn’t use to be hard. As I was walking through the store, a RainSoft rep started asking me questions. He said that a RainSoft Water Treatment System was really good for the entire family. Once we started talking about it, he said he could have a rep come up to my house and evaluate my water. I wanted to see if our water was hard and the person they sent up to my house tested my water and gave me some readings on it. After I got my readings, he did the evaluation and it seemed to be clear so I told him, “Just hook me up.” After I got a RainSoft Water Treatment System, the water was soft in the shower and it was clear. I didn’t choke when I swallowed it.

However, it seemed like we’re getting hard water again and the filter keeps popping and making noise at night. I got a dog who’s very sensitive to noise and he barks. We went on a vacation and I tried to put the thing on vacation and it wasn’t self-explanatory. I just read the book and it didn’t show anything about a vacation. So far, it’s driving my wife out silly and I don’t know if it’s still functioning properly but I did put two bags of powder in it the other day. I would like somebody else to come out here to see if the system is running right. Nevertheless, I’d still recommend RainSoft to hundreds of friends.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

We realized that the water we were drinking was not clean. We signed a contract for $6,000 for a water conditioning system from RainSoft. It’s in the garage and there are two containers, meters, and clocks. Also, we got salt on it. The installation went very smoothly and wonderfully. Now, we’re not buying water. We’re just using this RainSoft water only. We can drink water from everywhere, every faucet, and every fridge. We’re very happy with RainSoft.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.
1953