4.55/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1953, RainSoft has been a worldwide leader in providing families with premium water treatment and air purification systems. RainSoft is dedicated to designing, manufacturing and offering the industry's most diverse product line of water and air solutions for families like yours.

Our corporate Customer Focus Team ensures that each and every RainSoft customer is satisfied and exceeds every expectation. If you have a question, comment or concern, we encourage you to contact us directly at 1-800-RAINSOFT and ask to speak with our customer service group.

A leader in the water treatment industry since 1953, RainSoft takes the worry out of water.

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc. Video
RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc. Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2244 RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: April 25, 2019

We just had a new house and we wanted to find out what RainSoft was all about. With the sales representative's customer service and knowledge, we had an excellent experience. Then, the installation team did an excellent job. They were polite too. Now, we've noticed change in the taste of the water and it's softer. We're very happy with RainSoft.

Original review: April 23, 2019

We had RainSoft put in our home in 2017. We’ve had nothing but problems. It flooded our whole basement because it was installed incorrectly. $5,000 worth of damage and not one offering from them to remedy this. We paid out of pocket completely. They even tried to charge us for our service appointment! Then we went to fill the salt tank and it was filled with dirty water. We’ve had our appliances serviced recently and they said our water is still very hard. We are very disappointed. We keep calling to have it removed and they don’t call us back. We don’t want money back. We just want it gone. It’s been months and no one returns our calls. We get lied to and pushed aside. Don’t count on this company. I’m fearing it’s a scam.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I have had my Rainsoft Water treatment System since about 1990, two years after moving here. Our well water is loaded with iron and sulfur smell. Not a surprise as I grew up on the next farm down the road. Mom NEVER washed clothes at home because of the harsh water. Prior to the Rainsoft unit we had a brand x and my water tasted like iron, sulfur and salt and if you made coffee it looked like an oil slick. The Rainsoft that we purchased took away all of the nasty stuff. Ours was suddenly the best tasting in the area.

The computer head mechanics finally wore out. I bought a used unit and asked the local dealer to install it. The service manager was a real slick shyster or so he thought. After his guys did a half job I was put off for weeks while my plumbing was again loaded with iron. After a conversation with the owner I was repaired the next day. Long story short, great product, don't let some jerk mess with you. And buy your water filters in bulk.

Original review: April 23, 2019

We have hard water and we see the calcification building up on our water faucets. RainSoft came out, tested our water, showed it to us, and took us through it. It was a pleasant experience and they were professional. We ended up purchasing the system thereafter. Then, the installation guys were great, very accommodating, very flexible, talked me through everything, and did really well. However, we still haven’t received the free gift card for having the free water testing. Other than that, since having the system installed, the calcification is gone around our faucets and the water tastes better.

Original review: April 22, 2019

The sales rep from RainSoft was amazing. He was funny, awesome and showed us a lot about the water filtration system. However, we got the air purifier for the whole house due to allergies. Since we got it, we have less dust, less sneezing and it feels light and fresh in the house. We’ve had it for about six months and the filter is changed periodically for upkeep and maintenance. RainSoft is well worth the money and people should do it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.?

Original review: April 21, 2019

When we went to Home Depot and got our carpet done, we heard about RainSoft. Their rep set up the appointment then called to verify it. Then they showed up and in the end, we decided to buy their product. The guy doing that PVC pipe knew what he was doing. What he did was fun to watch and he left the site looking great. After the system was installed, it takes a lot more water to wash off soap now. When I’m in the bathroom and trying to take a three-minute shower, I gotta wait for a couple more washes before I can get the whole soap-feel off of me and I’m not used to that. But other than that, I’d do it again with RainSoft if I was given an opportunity.

Original review: April 14, 2019

All the heavy metals in the water concerned me and a water treatment system was something that I wanted to do. My cousin had a personal experience with RainSoft and referred them to me. I explored around all the good stuff they do in the water. I reached out to them and a representative came the next day. I got the water conditioner system and the reverse osmosis, and they got the system installed in two days. The water feels a lot better in the shower and I could drink water from the tap now. However, I never got any of the free cleaning supplies they talked about.

Original review: April 14, 2019

Two years ago we had this system installed. They did a really good job. This year we have tried twice to have them come up and service the system. They have failed both times to even show up. There was no phone call to say they were having trouble finding the place or anything. They had been to our place twice before, but refused to follow the directions to the house, depending instead on GPS. Told them several times GPS fails and will not go to or house. They have never showed up and have never called back. They are two months out in their service schedule and have wasted four months of our time. Time to give up on this company and find someone else who can follow directions.

Original review: April 13, 2019

The technician who came out during the setup process did a great job. He explained everything and all went fine. The people at RainSoft followed up with me, and their technician also did a follow-up water test. They did great and so far, the acid neutralizer system is working fine.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I had a RainSoft softener when the kids were little. And I got a new one that I've been using for over a month now. The sales representatives from RainSoft who helped me were very helpful. They said they would give me a year of dishwashing liquid and soap for the washing machine, and they haven't yet. Other than that, the installers were very informative, fast and clean. I was at work and when I came home, they were through. Since having the new system, it's like there's still soap on my body when I rinse off. But it's a good change and it doesn’t feel bad. I like RainSoft.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I'm over 70 years old and I had a RainSoft in my house 35 years ago in another property. Down here, I walked through the Home Depot store and I was asked if I was interested in a demonstration again and I said yes. The sales guy was very pleasant and knowledgeable. He answered all my questions and he did a really nice job. I got the EC5 and I did the whole house and the guy who installed it worked really hard. I helped him a bit to get done but that wasn't a big deal. He did a fine job as well and he did everything right. I’d recommend RainSoft.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Updated on 4/26/2019: The Rainsoft guys came this morning and figured out what was going on. They were very nice, explained what was happening and corrected the problem. I am very happy 5*****'s. And 5*****'s to Bill who was very nice and understanding. Thank you very much.

Updated on 4/19/2019: Bill called and we talked. He says will do his very best to get my water and this situation straightened out. It was nice to talk to a reasonable person. Maybe after the appointment it will be 5 stars. I do appreciate his time and effort.

Original Review: I called the office to have someone look at my system. When I told them what the sticker (who sold us the system) said, I was told I must deal with them. I said I buy my salt from you. Asked if I used the osmosis system. I said no I liked the water from the tap. Tasted better to me. The osmosis was what my husband preferred. She jumped my case and said I should not be able to taste a difference. Husband is 3 years passed. She said I would have to deal with the original sellers. Said "Bill will call..." Two days later no call, no Bill the RainSoft guy. If you must deal with these people Don't talk to Maxine and don't wait for Bill to call. Lower Central Michigan.

Original review: April 9, 2019

The water test is a scam! Don't fall for it. I had the water tested at a laboratory after the pushy sales scam. I was asked by a rep at Home Depot to get a free water test. I was new to the area and wanted to have my water tested. I homebrew beer and needed a baseline as to what total dissolved solids (TDS) were in my water. When contacted by RainSoft I realized what I was in for and told the rep. I didn't need a water system - just the water test. She insisted the water tech would be at my home to test my water. Fine. Let's see how this goes.

I was given the spiel on how terrible the water was in my area from the public water supply. He then took 2 samples and added the same chemical to each and told me the test proved my water without treatment was as bad on the scale as the worst water in the country. We shouldn't be drinking it! I asked what was the Total dissolved solid count (TDS). He replied, "We have our own test and scale only used by RainSoft and it doesn't give the TDS". When I questioned this as TDS is the measurement of hard water used by every water Lab in the world. I decided to send him packing. I then sent my water to Ward Laboratories and for a small charge got a real water test. Our water is Excellent with just 280 TDS. Some of the best public water in the country. Don't be fooled, Don't waste your time and Don't ever buy from RainSoft. If you need to treat your water there are real solutions for far less money. But start with a water test from a real Lab!

Original review: April 9, 2019

The purification and good water led us to research water treatment systems. We also had a little to deal with on our icebox in this house that we had re-worked. We got a filter on our icebox for refrigerator and hope that was enough. My wife found RainSoft on the internet. Their installers and the guy that came to check the filters were all great. However, it feels like you can't get the soap off you, but they tell me that's the way it is. My water pressure also dropped a little bit. I told them about it, but they said that they didn't understand why. When they checked their lines, it's open all the way. We have to maintain the salt in the system and bypass it whenever we're watering the yard or the flower beds.

Original review: April 8, 2019

The gentleman from RainSoft who gave us the spiel did a good job. We had a RainSoft Water Treatment installed and it has been great so far. We liked the taste and the feel of the water. However, the cleaning solutions that they gave were not good. I hope they make make it more fragrant. That’s what I've used the most, and it doesn’t seem to be getting my laundry clean.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I've had a RainSoft unit for years. I've had the unit for a long time and the local company here had gone out of business. The Orlando-based outfit sort of took over this area and they had become more annoying than anything. They kept calling me over and over again to schedule service calls when I had already made it abundantly clear to them that I wanted them out here in the fall of every year and that was it. It was just the way things were handled from the office. I switched to Charlotte County Water and I've been using them for a few years. With Charlotte, I have not had that problem. They’ve been very polite and professional. They’ve been extremely good to deal with so far, both the people in the office and the representative who came out to the house.

When I was starting to have problems with water pressure, I had to look at a couple of different possibilities. We narrowed it down to the softening unit and I contacted RainSoft about the service. We then discussed the upgrade for the system and made a decision to go ahead with it. When techs came out to work on my new system, they got right to it and they explained what they were doing. Since then, my water system seems to be performing fine. I'm satisfied with my upgrade and I would recommend RainSoft.

Original review: April 6, 2019

We knew shortly after we moved into our house that we were gonna get a water system eventually because we have well water and it has a very high iron content. We had a RainSoft sales rep who was very informative and she was not pushy. She just laid things out and answered the questions nicely and thoroughly. It was a good experience. Our installer was all right too. But he was late because he supposedly had a flat tire and he had some issues getting the pump back on. Other than that, he did his job. Since having RainSoft the steams in my toilets and showers are not as bad and definitely tells it is soft water.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I had the hot water tank for two years and it was full of calcium. I decided to check out water softeners and RainSoft happened to call me one night. The sales rep was very nice and informative. He knew what he needed to know. I'm very satisfied with the water treatment system I got. They said I would have to put salt in it after so long and I'm waiting to decide how long I should wait to do it. I'm sure the machine would tell me. I recommend the water softener completely. Also, everyone that came out was very polite.

Original review: April 3, 2019

We bought this system a year ago and, so far it has worked well, except that it drains a lot of water when it recycles itself, and that is...nobody knows. Every time I call to have them fix something is $110 just to come and see. To change the filters is $110 plus the filters, to clean the salt deposit, $ 110, and so on. I called their corporate offices and they won´t do anything not even if it is a problem with the equipment, all has to go through the dealer and, everything costs $110. My water pressure is down and I cannot wash clothes so I will be paying them another $110 just to come and see if it can be fixed. So, if you buy this system be aware of around $300-500 a year for visits.

Original review: April 3, 2019

We had a presentation done by RainSoft. My experience in dealing with their rep went very well. The products are excellent too. Since having the system installed, things are definitely better and cleaner.

Original review: April 2, 2019

We lived in the Houston area and we had a RainSoft system before we moved here. We brought the system with us and Quality Water serviced us. Our system in Houston was more complicated, but the guy came here, put in our system and it was easy to follow. He did an excellent job and he was good at communicating. We had to have a soft water system because of chemical build-up and it can destroy our washing machine. We have build-up when we turn the water on, especially in the bathroom, and there are so many things in the water that we had to have the system. Also, it is better for us to have filter water. I got all of RainSoft's products and I also got new filters, but they cost a lot of money.

We are in a new home and they had the soft water system placed in the garage. On the other side of the wall, I have a bedroom which happens to be the bedroom where my daughter sleeps in. She was here watching the thing go off at 2 o'clock in the morning and she could not sleep. Ever since then, when I know that she is coming, I would go out in the garage, a day or two before, to see if I could go ahead and run it. While she's here, it doesn't wake her up. I'm looking forward to doing business with the installer when he comes out and services the system again. The first time that I had to run the system, I called him up and he talked to me on the phone and walked me through it. I ran it after that. I recommend Rainsoft. I wrote a good thing for RainSoft and for the installer and it was sent to Better Business Bureau. RainSoft responded and appreciated and thanked me for what I had done.

Original review: March 31, 2019

We purchased the system about 8 years ago through Home Depot and was told it would last a lifetime and if we ever moved they would move it with us. Well let me tell you, every year we pay at least $300 for servicing it and last year they told us the system was no good, we need a new one and there is no other dealer around. Just this company that service it and we would have to purchase another unit. Do not purchase this system. Try someone else please. They installed the system under our house and have it in our kitchen however the water is salty and the system does not work anymore.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Rainsoft sent us a card in the mail and offered us dinner, as well as a presentation. We looked at it a couple of years ago, but it was too expensive, and we never investigated again. The sales rep who came was very pleasant, positive and not pushy. The rep was also knowledgeable and kind. We ended up purchasing the water softener. The installation work they did was super. It took them two hours to install it. Since installing the system, we notice a difference when we take baths.

Original review: March 28, 2019

PUBLIC SAFETY ALERT! This company is a nightmare. After 8 months of numerous technicians visiting our house and telling us that our equipment is working fine, we finally found out from the lead tech that the equipment was never installed properly. Added bonus, the only faucet in the entire house that is dispensing clean water is our downstairs powder bathroom. Great! So after 8 months of being lied to, repeated cancellations and reschedules from techs, countless wasted Saturdays dealing with these jokers, and the warranty on our plumbing being voided on our brand new 2018 house we finally asked them to uninstall the equipment & refund our 7k. Nope, they won't do it. Instead they told us to file a claim with Home Depot Corporate. Fine. Did that.

3 days later the owner of HWS, Donovan Adfield, called me and he was completely irate because I filed a claim. What? He was so hostile and menacing that I had to ask him not to call me ever again. I immediately called Home Depot Corporate and reported Mr. Adfield and expressed my concern about this company ever contacting us again and especially ever stepping foot on our property.

I am SERIOUSLY scared of this guy! Honest to goodness folks, please do not buy their equipment. Aside from being corrupt and engaging in terrible (if not illegal) business practices, their customer service is awful and they cannot be trusted in your home. I am still stunned that a business owner would speak to a woman & customer in the manner I was spoken to. Do not let anyone from this company into your home. There is no telling what kind of harassment, threats, bullying and damage to your home you will incur. STAY AWAY! P.S: This company openly admitted on recorded calls, that they have fired 2 technicians for lying to us about our equipment working when it wasn't, thus admitting that HWS is at fault and they STILL refuse to refund us our 7k because and I quote "We can't resell the equipment."

Original review: March 28, 2019

We are on a well and even though I had a system already in, I was still concerned about the water. There was a thing in Home Depot to test your water, so we did that and we got involved with RainSoft. We set up an appointment when my husband and I were there, and the people at RainSoft came out, and it was great. They were very nice. Eric was the one that installed the system and there were no issues. He took out my old system and he put the new system in. He didn’t have one of the parts of the system, so we had to wait on that, but it wasn’t an issue. As soon as it came in, he put it in.

I went with the whole house filtering and I also have a filtering system underneath the sink that I can get drinking water. The water tastes good and there is no smell or discoloration. The water is much better. I don’t have to buy bottled water anymore. However, I had an issue with discoloration from my dishwater. Some of the hardness was not inputted correctly into the system, so I had a whiteness on my black stuff that was in the dishwasher, plus I had a leak from the stuff that the tech put in from the plumbing. However, they came out and fixed it, and everything looks good. They are very on top of things and I like it.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I would not recommend this system to anyone. Rainsoft customer service alone is among the worst I've ever had to deal with. We met a representative at Home Depot that talked us into a home visit in which we would receive a $50 gift card. They showed up and did their whole water test, which is completely different from the way the system actually works in terms of water purity. The water seemed to be cleaner like the tests showed but that went away in about a week. When they gave us the gift card it was for $20, not the $50 that was originally promised. These people don't give a damn about you and just want your money in their pockets.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I found my original system in a Greensheet newspaper for $200, so I called on it and inquired about it because I knew my friends paid several thousand dollars for their system. The man bought the system for his wife as a present, but she didn’t like it and they ended up moving. The guy threw it out on the corner where a lady could do whatever she wanted with it. I called RainSoft and they said they charge $25 for diagnostics. So, I could be out $225 or I could have a $4,000 system for $225. We took the risk and took the system over to RainSoft and there wasn’t anything wrong with it. It just needed a few O-rings replaced and we had somebody come out and install it.

When I am using the RainSoft system, it cut my use of shampoos and conditioners in half. The spots on the shower doors are also very minimal. I've upgraded over the years and when we moved, we decided to move the system with us. The water down here is so horrible that we've had them put a carbon tank on the house, so that helps tremendously. However, I am not sure if we have the softener just right because I am still getting a lot of spots on all my clean dishes, which I've never had in the past. The water feels okay, but I am not used to having all the spots, so I am still trying to work with the tech to get those worked out.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I purchased the RainSoft system in 2008 when I bought my home in Manassas VA. I purchased the Acid Neutralizer, iron removal, softener and special filtration system for under the sink. I was told by the company that sold me the system it was a lifetime warranty! OH MY!!! The company that sold me the system no longer sells RainSoft!!! Well, every year it is a minimum $500 to service the tanks. The three tanks had to have the heads replaced $1800 for each one! Guess what? They are not under warranty! I paid $7500 for the initial system. I would never purchase a RainSoft system again! There is only one vendor in Fredericksburg VA and one in Maryland that services the system!

Original review: March 24, 2019

I have a well and there’s a very small amount of arsenic in the water. It’s on the borderline of being not recommended for people. But all the water around was the same. I had been drinking it for about 13 years and nothing had happened. But in the back of my mind, I had always wanted to get a reverse osmosis system. Then the RainSoft reps I dealt with couldn't have been any better either. They were very nice and professional. Even with the RainSoft system, the water tastes and looks the same but I assume it’s better for me so I use it for drinking and cooking. The price for the monthly maintenance is a little high but other than that, everything is okay with the equipment. I had a very nice experience overall.

Original review: March 18, 2019

We had just built this house and we have well water here. We were very concerned about living in a rural area and having well water. There are a lot of farms around here. We went to Home Depot to inquire about a water softener and they put in our information to RainSoft. A couple of days later, RainSoft called and then their rep, Dorothy, came the very same day and she did a water test. She talked to us about the product and what it would do for us.

The installation went smoothly and the gentleman was very informative and knowledgeable. It was an easy process and it didn’t take him long at all. Since then, my skin feels softer and I definitely noticed a difference as far as my hair not feeling as dry. When I take a shower, it doesn’t take as much product to use. Also, we live a very healthy eating lifestyle and it’s nice to be able to drink water out of our own faucet and to know that what we’re cooking with does not have a whole bunch of chemicals. So far, we’ve been happy with the RainSoft system.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.
1953