4.6/5 (377 ratings)

About RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

RainSoft manufacturers and sells water conditioning and water filtration systems for residential customers. A water expert can visit your home for a free water analysis. RainSoft offers solutions for whole-home hard water conditioning to improve bathing, washing dishes and doing laundry. The company also focuses on drinking water solutions to improve water taste and clarity.

Pros

• Referral program
  • Limited lifetime warranty
  • Free in-home water analysis
  • Energy-efficient options

Cons

• No salt-free softeners
  • Pricing not available online

Bottom Line

RainSoft offers traditional, salt-based water softeners and drinking water carbon filtration systems. Customers can visit the website to schedule a free in-home water analysis and find a local dealer to get a quote.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft Water Treatment Systems?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft - a Pentair Company?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

I called Home Depot, and somebody from Sweetwater called me about making the appointment. Somebody came. It was a quick turnaround. The guys were nice and helpful. And they explained everything along the way. So, it was nice. We have the osmosis thing, so that’s where we've been drinking. Everything seems fine.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

The installation team of Richard, Chad and Zach were excellent. Very professional. They were on time and explained all aspects of the installation in detail. They completed the installation in a very timely manner. They represented the RainSoft Company of Huntsville very well.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

RainSoft’s water treatment system works well. The water was run-of-the-mill with lots of chlorine in it and now, there’s none. We have a lot of animals on our property and it’s better water for them. We just add salt twice a year, which costs 20 bucks.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

There doesn't seem to have as much hard stuff in the water. The taste is good. We don't buy bottled water anymore. And the rings in the shower, the water stains are not as prominent as we used to have.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

The lady was knowledgeable. She conducted six different tests in front of us. Taking my opinion, taking my wife's opinion. She was very professional. The experience was amazing. The water is a lot softer. Even with the showerhead. There's no more residue.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

Installation was good. The guys were professional and took care of everything. The water is a lot cleaner than it was, without the water stains in our showerhead getting clogged up like it used to. So, we've been happy with it.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

Because I have a Home Depot credit card, RainSoft called me and offered for the free water testing. And since we were thinking of getting one anyway, we went ahead and went with it. The guy that came out seemed very knowledgeable. He was friendly, explained everything well. And he sold us on it. Everything from the guy coming out to the house to do the water testing and the examples and showing everything has gone smooth.

I like the product. It works well. I've noticed a big difference around the sink area. There's no buildup of the water deposits. Also, it feels cleaner. The only thing I noticed the first month was my water consumption noticeably went up. Our bill was $30 higher after the first month of having it. I'll give it another month or two to see if it's continuously or if it was just that first month.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

The reps were very nice and friendly. The guy that installed the water softener and the ROE was very knowledgeable. The water is very soft. We use less soap than we normally did, and the ROE is very nice when it comes to treating water. I love it.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

The RainSoft rep and the installation team were really good.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

It was awesome. The reps came out, showed me how the system worked, and informed me of everything I needed to know about it. They were super helpful. The system's been great too. It's been wonderful being able to take showers and not feel like it's just sulfur and grime coming out of the water. It's completely changed how we live in the house, including how we cook, clean, and take showers.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

The person that RainSoft sent went above and beyond and was an extremely nice guy. I like the system because I have two toddlers. Before, the hard water was all chemicals and was leaking into our dishes and fruits and vegetables and whatever I would wash. I didn't like it because there were chemicals that we were consuming. I'm at peace right now. I'm able to let my toddlers even drink from the tap water and nothing would happen because of the filter system that we have.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

Lynn ** worked fantastic for the first year almost exactly to the day. Actually, 3 days after the 1-year warranty expired. We did a lot of remodeling during the year. Brand new toilets and sinks and a new tile shower in the second bathroom. Then (3 days after the warranty expired) an alarm went off saying it needed a service. I called. The service was almost $300. I was told that if I had called during the warranty period it would have been no charge. I was also told (during the same phone!) call that this is an annual service and the alarm was programmed by time and date during the install.

So instead of programming a time and date a few days before the warranty expired they PURPOSELY program it for a few days after. "Programmed by time and date during install". That was our first issue. Within month of that service, our pressure began to drop. We called, paid another almost $300 service and were told it was our pump or the pressure tank on the pump. I had Josh (JnL Well) come out and look the system over. Our pressure tank had a slow air leak. He pressured the tank back up and there was no change in pressure in the house. I had Josh install a new larger pressure tank. No improvement.

Another service call (and another $300) and they are now saying that because we did not have a system before we installed theirs all of the pipes from the well to the house and in the house are contaminated and must be replaced in order for the pressure to come back. So after a year of great clean, clear filtered water and great pressure all of sudden our "old pipes" have ruined everything.

I had Josh install a pressure gauge before the filter system and after the filter system. There is a BIG difference in pressure after. When they installed the system they used all new pipes from the pressure tank to the house connection. Both of the new gages are on their new pipes before it even gets to our "old ruined" pipes. We now have barely enough water pressure to take a shower.

During the initial install, we had them install a nice under-sink reverse osmosis system in the kitchen. It was great. During install, I was told the filters need to be changed after 1,000 gallons of water. They had no meter on it so I bought and installed a gallon-use meter. We have not even run 500 gallons through it and it is literally useless. You open the spout and it will dispense a drop of water every 5-10 seconds.

Again, they say it is our old ruined house pipes. They say there is absolutely nothing they can do until we have our entire house re-plummed. They will not even come back out here for another $300 until we prove we have replaced all the pipes. Yet the pressure gauges on their pretty new pipes show the whole story right there.

Our new sinks and toilets are now all nasty and stained. Something we were promised would never be a problem again. We have barely enough pressure to shower. They refuse to even come look at it. We still owe thousands on the system. At this point we just want them to come get their junk and cancel the remainder of our bill. They have refused to do so. Other than that, there is no problem at all with the system.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

For the RainSoft EC5 conditioner, there are system alerts that the EC5 control can be set to monitor, such as yearly maintenance, filter and lamp replacement, and Other – for other RainSoft products installed in the home. When selecting the Alarm History from the menu, a record is logged when any number of important events occur. The most recent alarms is shown in this menu item. In addition, there is also the low salt alarm, and an alarm to indicate Power Loss and a Motor/Switch alarm. An explanation for all of these alerts can be found in the owners manual. In this particular case, the alarm may have been an alert for yearly maintenance, as the system had been installed a year ago. The majority of our dealers have a 1 year service warranty if a system is not performing properly or there is an issue with the installation. All of our dealers are independently owned and operated, so it would be at the dealers discretion whether or not they would perform maintenance or tune up for free within the first year after installation. Typically, there would need to be an issue with the system for the service call to be no charge in the first year.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

We had a salesman come to the door and give us a demonstration and we were happy with what he was saying and decided to go with it. The installation was quickly after that and it went smoothly. The installers were in and out in one day. It was a good experience. RainSoft provided us with a three-year supply of many different kinds of soap of our choosing and we're using very small quantities of any soap that we choose. It's a nice, soft feel when you're washing your hands and doing your laundry. So, there's some good benefits there. The water tastes much better out of the faucet as well and it has given us confidence that we're not drinking some weird chemicals. I have the app on my phone and RainSoft has been helpful in getting it working correctly with me. It took several phone calls for that to come together and they were very patient getting it online.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

The installers were professional, and customer service has been very good, so far. I already tried RainSoft before, and the time I didn’t have one on till now, I feel the difference.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

Rainsoft is very good. The installation went very quick, and it was very professionally done. They cleaned up after themselves. It was great. In fact, I just spoke with someone this morning about the soap products that they gave as a package deal when we put the thing in. I've been pleased with that.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

I like RainSoft, and I'm glad I made the purchase. They did the install like pros. They knew what they were doing, and the system was set up within half an hour. My quality of water is good. I can drink the water, as well as take a shower and not be itchy afterwards. I like the quality and I would recommend RainSoft.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2022

Rainsoft is great. My water doesn't feel like straight chemicals for the face anymore, and the two guys who did the install were amazing. My cats like them too. The sales rep was very nice as well. She informed me a lot and showed me how gross my water was. Apparently, the chlorine level and the ammonia in my water is higher than a swimming pool. If you don’t want gross water, get this. Because I don’t want to bathe in a swimming pool every day, or worse.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2022

The installation went really well, and the system is great. I really love the taste of the water. It doesn’t have that chlorine in it anymore. My animals love it too. It’s marvelous. Nobody’s perfect, but RainSoft came close. If you can afford it, get it.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2022

We had a lot of iron and a lot of debris in our water when we first bought our house. I didn't want the dogs drinking the water and I didn't want my daughter eating the ice with that stuff in it or our clothes to turn in orange. Because of the water, the dishwasher wouldn't work and was all clogged up. We bought the RainSoft system and had it put in. It's killing the purse. We just moved and we really didn't need that big a bill again on us.

That aside, I love the water. Most of the products are pretty good. I love the bars of soap and the cleaners. The only one I don't use a whole lot of is the body wash because I have dry skin and it seems to dry my skin out worse. Also, we still have a little orange tint in our water. RainSoft checked it and they said that pretty much the only way I'll get rid of that is if I ended up getting another softener, which I can't afford right at the moment. We had to use the softener that was already here for a few months that already built up that orange in it. But it's not that bad. The only other thing is we were told at Home Depot when we let them come out to test our water that we would get a $20 gift card. We never saw it.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

DON’T DO IT!!! DO NOT PURCHASE THE WATER TREATMENT SYSTEM FROM RAIN SOFT. You will receive all the beautiful unkept promises before buying the products. The worst investment we had ever made. You work so hard on making sure you are taking care of your family the best way you possibly can. We purchased this system 6yrs and 7 months ago. Every year you need to pay close to $200.00 for the tune up for the EC5 water treatment system. Pay close the $200.00 for tune up for the clean start (that’s for the drinking water inside the house). That’s on top of pay for the system.

If you called because your supposedly filtered water is turning BLACK or yellow, they want to charge you a fee of $119.50 to come check it out.. I just had tune up in April. I called reported that the water was black. They informed that maybe I need a tune (since I was due for one anyways). The technician could not find out why the water was black (And no, I do not have Carbon in the tank (that would have explained it) the technician informed me). He said “the regeneration timeline for some reason was reset for PM instead of the 2AM time. Also moved the tube where the water was coming out (after generation), he said maybe it was pulling in mud”. He said “after the tune up everything should be back to normal”. The regeneration was set for 2AM. Now fast forward 6 months later (after the tune up in April) the water is Yellow in the morning.

I called to report it and they want to charge me $119.50 to take a look! Really!!!? I spoke with 3 different people (all different stories). One gentleman told me that he will have a technician come check it out. If it’s because of the system, they will not charge me. Then, I received another call from a woman from (Coastal Energy 954-941-9153). She informed me that the gentleman works for her, and she could not authorize sending someone to come look at why my water is coming out yellow without paying the fee of $119.50. She starts going into the possibilities of why the water was getting discoloration. She said ”You live in Miramar and their water probably has issues”. I informed her that my neighbors do not have black nor yellow water.

I’m paying for a water FILTER SYSTEM! So, what’s the point of paying for something if it’s not doing the job? She even tried to tell me “Well we just had the storm” talking about hurricane Ian. One, my location was not affected whatsoever by the storm(thank God). We had rain and mild wind. Two, I informed her the yellow color was happening before the storm. She proceeds to tell me “Well you can disconnect the system and just use the city water as is” so I asked what about the system that I’m paying for, she stayed quiet. You have a lifetime warranty on the equipment (never trust anything that’s says lifetime warranty). Every year you pay for tune up. if I’m getting tune up on a regular basis, I should not have concerns issues with the water.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

Our RainSoft distributor in Pompano Beach is currently looking into this matter. The owner of the dealership will be meeting with the customer to address their concerns. At this time we are waiting for a report back from the dealer.

Regards.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

I got the RainSoft water filter system because I hate the sulfur smell in my house. A guy came and did a demonstration which looked so good. He said we would have really sweeter water and there would be no buildup. You also get a Home Depot gift card for $50 and some free shampoo and laundry detergent. I was also told they will give me a one-time free refill of the salt. I have to pay almost 7,000 for the system and I don't see its worth, so far. It's too much money and I don't see any significant change in the water. RainSoft was set up in August. When we used the system with the salt in there, we still have the smell of sulfur in the shower or in the washing dishes.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

Thank you for making us aware of your issue with your RainSoft system. We have contacted your installing dealer in Florida who informed us that your complaint has been noted and an appointment has been scheduled for 1/10/2023 per your request. We trust a proper resolution will be found once a service technician has had the opportunity to inspect the system.

Best Regards.

RainSoft Customer Service

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

The salesperson that came was really familiar with the product. I didn't realize my water was so hard here. I saw a big difference in the RainSoft softened water. So far, the techs I had were both excellent. I was pleased with the overall installation. RainSoft seemed like an expensive system but I didn't have to do any of the work. They did a fantastic job and the system looks nice.

I had an instance where the float was stuck on the brine tank causing an issue. It wasn't functioning right. I had water softeners in the past and that's something that just happens. RainSoft was prompt about getting out here and servicing the system. A service technician showed up today right when they said he would and everything fell into place. He took care of that issue and it was simple. Also, I didn’t have any trouble getting my gift certificate or using the websites for the discount on the soap. It really went well.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

I got the call and I was interested to find out about the product. The rep was good in his presentation and he was able to convince me. I asked my three other friends to also join and we all got RainSoft. During the installation, there was some problem with the drainage and it was presented to us. We just have to live with what was installed. That aside, that installer was fine. He presented to us the pros and cons of what he was doing. My son and my neighbor said that the installation was not right. But for me, it was okay.

I like the alkaline water. But not the soft water. When I take a shower, I feel like the soap is still there even if I rinse for the longest. The effect is supposed to be like you had lotion put in it. I shared that with my friend and she said the same thing. The only other thing with RainSoft is I wanted to find out how I can get rewarded because I had three friends I was able to convince to have RainSoft installed. I have not heard anything from RainSoft. I already called.

Hi Expedita,

With softened water the hardness minerals (calcium and magnesium) have been removed which is why the water feels slippery and there is the feeling that soap is still on your skin. Hardness prevents soap from lathering, so this is why we recommend cutting back on the amount of soap and detergent that you use. In addition, you will also save on cleaning products. Regarding your referrals, we will bring this to your dealers attention.

Thank you for choosing RainSoft for your water treatment needs.

RainSoft Customer Service

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

Someone came to do a test of my water and the testing went good. It was what I thought it would be. I got the RainSoft system in the entire house and I've noticed that the quality of the water is not that hard anymore. We had an issue with a leak where one of setups in the basement was leaking. It was over a weekend and RainSoft took maybe three days to come out. I would have preferred someone to come out immediately because it was a leak in my basement.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

The RainSoft system is low maintenance and it provides better quality water. I had to contact my adviser for some tweaking and some questions because we wanted to make sure we were getting the same effects from the last system we had with different configurations for the taller canisters. But other than that, it’s performing as advertised. It’s been a good experience so far. I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

I was in Home Depot, purchasing a refrigerator and they were doing a survey on what people thought of the water in our town. I had told them I was going to start looking for a water softener because the water is so hard on my skin and my appliances. They got in contact with me and set me up with RainSoft. The RainSoft salesperson said, “It would take about two weeks to clear out your system and you'll see the difference.” I saw and felt the difference in three days. The initial cost was expensive, but I could afford it for what it was going to do for me. I was very happy that it wasn't just one of those schemes and then you get ripped off. Everything that the salesperson told me was true. The upkeep cost on it is nothing for me because I live alone. It's well worth it for me. My toilets are staying cleaner. My hair was in bad shape, too, and it really has done a lot for that. I also like drinking the water. It tastes really good.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

I needed a water softening system for my house ‘cause the one that had been in it was there for 18 years and they didn't improve it. I did my research between RainSoft and several others. Based on the piece of their equipment and how it worked and the type of salts they could use, I chose RainSoft because of the quality of the equipment and what they guarantee for service reliability. As I got the equipment installed, everything that I read and researched about it was true. It's working the best of any system I've ever had. The water is so much softer. Everybody else said you can remove the iron. This has removed 100% of the iron out of the system. Because every week, my wife was having to put Rust Out into the toilets to keep the rust out of the toilets. She's not using it at all anymore.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I got the reverse osmosis from RainSoft. I could drink this water the whole entire day. It's so good. I'm very happy with it. I'm glad I went ahead and got it.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

We got the AirMaster from RainSoft. We've got the things that went under the sink and the alkaline. We've also got the water conditioner and filtration. We even got the thing that goes on your washing machine. It doesn't seem like it's doing much, but it is. Our clothes are turning out not as dirty. It's cleaning a little better. The water is great. It feels amazing when you take a shower or wash your hands. It's just a totally different experience with water.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

The presentation was convincing. The installation went very well. We like the system. It's been working really well. We notice a difference like the softness in the showers and while you're washing your hands. The clearness in the water is like drinking water.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information