4.5/5 (172 ratings)

About RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

RainSoft manufacturers and sells water conditioning and water filtration systems for residential customers. A water expert can visit your home for a free water analysis. RainSoft offers solutions for whole-home hard water conditioning to improve bathing, washing dishes and doing laundry. The company also focuses on drinking water solutions to improve water taste and clarity.

Pros

• Referral program
  • Limited lifetime warranty
  • Free in-home water analysis
  • Energy-efficient options

Cons

• No salt-free softeners
  • Pricing not available online

Bottom Line

RainSoft offers traditional, salt-based water softeners and drinking water carbon filtration systems. Customers can visit the website to schedule a free in-home water analysis and find a local dealer to get a quote.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft Water Treatment Systems?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft - a Pentair Company?

Original review: April 24, 2021

The salesman did a good job showing us what was going on and explaining things. We got along well with them and the installation was faster than I thought. Having Rainsoft, we don't have to use as much soap and shampoo. I’ve also noticed that my shower and coffeemaker stay cleaner longer. We used to have to clean the coffee pot all the time because the limescale would get built up in it. We started using bottled water and everything in it but we don't have to do that anymore ‘cause it doesn't do that anymore.

Original review: April 23, 2021

We had a plumber come in and told us the water was making black rings around our toilet. He told us to get a water softener system and it would do better. We told him we already got one and he told us there is something wrong. I have to have a technician to see what's going on. The problem started when we got the Rainsoft system. A man came back out, did a test and said everything was going through all right. But with that toilet, we'd be ashamed to have guests come over ‘cause they’d think our toilet’s dirty. We got three toilets and all of them have that little black thing. We clean them but you have to do it every day because you can't even let it sit for a day. Other than that, I'm satisfied ‘cause our skin’s so soft. There are minor technicalities but if they come out and fix it, we’ll be alright with that.

Original review: April 22, 2021

I'm glad working with RainSoft. The system's very nice. When I used to take my shower, my body would be dry when I would not put lotion in my body. Now, even if I don't put lotion in my body, my body is really good. No dryness. It's a good experience.

Original review: April 22, 2021

The sales rep was really informative and very nice. The installation team did a good job too. He explained how the system worked. The system has been really helpful. We don't get the deposits on the sinks anymore. I’m in love with the system. It's excellent.

Original review: April 21, 2021

The RainSoft sales rep was very knowledgeable and persuasive. The installers were punctual and did the installation quickly. I was having some skin problems and those skin problems have cleared up since I've had the system. My hair isn't falling out every time I take a shower. Also, the water tastes better straight from the tap.

Original review: April 21, 2021

RainSoft had a problem getting the water line in and we had to use our backhoe and do the installation. They took about four days to get it in instead of one day because they kept attempting to do it with the machine they had and they couldn't do it. They used our machine and they didn't compensate us at all for that. If they would have had to rent one, it’d probably been around $800. But everything else went well. They did a good job.

I bought some of the soap that they brought and I really like that. The clothes are cleaner. Everything else is better. The bathrooms are easier to clean because it doesn't have the calcium buildup that holds it. We really like the system so far. The taste of the water is a 180 of what it was. I couldn't drink it before. So the system really made a difference. We have racehorses and they are drinking the water better.

Original review: April 20, 2021

I'm very happy with RainSoft. It's a great investment. Everything seems to be working fine. Everything was explained to me. When the rep came to inspect, he checked everything. It was good.

Original review: April 19, 2021

My husband and I purchase their system back in October of 2019. They promised us 0% finance as a special promotion that is in our contract. Now they are saying they did not gave us that and are charging us insane interest. We were originally billed for $8,195 and right now we owe $7,745.72. Please look for another company that will stick to their word.

Original review: April 19, 2021

We had a water test that we got from Home Depot and the RainSoft team came out after that. There are a lot of changes since having our system installed. You can tell the water is clear and it doesn't leave a residue in our tubs. We're running through the reverse osmosis system. So, the taste is different, but it's not any way better or way worse. I have to change up the filters on the reverse osmosis system every year, and the filter for the hardness in the water, the only thing we have to do is add salt to the container. RainSoft has been great and easy to use.

Original review: April 19, 2021

The Rainsoft system automatically recharges. Having it, the water is better. I don't buy bottled water anymore. Washing our clothes is better as well as taking a bath and taking a shower. The way your skin feels after is smooth.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information