4.7/5 (371 ratings)

About RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

RainSoft manufacturers and sells water conditioning and water filtration systems for residential customers. A water expert can visit your home for a free water analysis. RainSoft offers solutions for whole-home hard water conditioning to improve bathing, washing dishes and doing laundry. The company also focuses on drinking water solutions to improve water taste and clarity.

Pros

• Referral program
  • Limited lifetime warranty
  • Free in-home water analysis
  • Energy-efficient options

Cons

• No salt-free softeners
  • Pricing not available online

Bottom Line

RainSoft offers traditional, salt-based water softeners and drinking water carbon filtration systems. Customers can visit the website to schedule a free in-home water analysis and find a local dealer to get a quote.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft Water Treatment Systems?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft - a Pentair Company?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

RainSoft came and did the demonstration and we liked it. Since having it, our water tastes better. Also, the customer service has been perfect. The lady that we were dealing with was very helpful.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

Our sales guy or the install was such a down to earth person. Everything was very simple to do and he made it easy to understand. I don't deal with water complexity stuff every day. I understood how the product worked and the whole three buttons that I have to work with. RainSoft is top-notch. Now, my water is not yellow anymore, so my bathtub stays white, and it's kinda nice.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

RainSoft put a water softener in the house, and they did a nice job. Nathan was my sales rep and he was a good guy. The installation went very smoothly. It took them about an hour. Everything seems to be cleaning up. The system is working well.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

We took the offer from Home Depot to get the free water analysis and it was a pleasant experience. The rep took a little bit more time with us than he needed to. I like the system quite a bit. It seems to be very low maintenance, which is nice. It's working fine, so I'm pleased with the quality.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

RainSoft did a pretty good job. The sales guy is the whole reason I got the system. I like how the water feels since installing it. I also like the taste of it a lot better.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

The lady who came to my house and presented RainSoft made us feel like we needed the product. Everything went smoothly with the installation. But I would like an update or for somebody to stop by since we had it for a while now, and to make sure everything is still the same and I'm getting what I would ask for. A tech did come by and test the product when he first built it, but I wanna make sure that we're still getting the same thing now that we're nine months in. I wanna see how good my water is. But there's an improvement in the taste of the water. It looks better because I wasn't necessarily comfortable with the look of what I had before. So that's good.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

I interviewed several people and the RainSoft rep was the only one who was actually honest with me. RainSoft was very good. We liked the water. It’s good quality.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

Paul was great. He came out and did a pretty comprehensive water check. He tested the levels of the water and he was very informative. RainSoft was quick to come out and install everything. I had the full house water filtration system installed as well as the one that goes under the kitchen sink. Since installing the system, my water definitely tastes a lot better. Also, the dishes come out cleaner. There's not as much buildup.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

The process went without a flaw. The guy explained everything. He took his time and showed us the equipment. When the techs came to install the system, it was excellent. They did their job. And then, I had them change the spigot 'cause I wanted a copper one. The installer tried to find me one which he couldn't. It was nice of him to go out of his way to try to locate one. I found a copper spigot and called RainSoft to see if they could install it. I was thinking I would have to pay them but they installed it for free. I loved it. I'm telling my friends about it. People should get a water softener 'cause of the way our hands and skin feel by having a water softener in here. We could tell the difference.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2021

The rep and the techs were good guys. The system is of good quality. It makes my water nicer.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

Everybody who came out was good. The techs came with a truck and they were gonna put the system outside the house. They looked around to see where it was best to put it. They ended up putting it on my back porch. They were courteous and they spoke to me and my husband. Our water is much softer and feels much better on our skin. We could taste that. They hooked up the faucet part for us to drink water from also.

But I have an issue with RainSoft as far as their product. I was told I'll be able to get it and that's the issue 'cause I can't go online to order anything. When I go online, their site tells me I need to contact my agent and buy it from them. I'm not getting any response from anybody.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

First visit by technician was on time and listened to what I needed. Second technician the next day was prompt and finished within 3 hours. Installation was professional looking. System use was easily explained. Product has provided exemplary soft water since installation. No issues with equipment after two weeks use. Could not be more pleased with how this turned out. No more stinky water for me. I highly recommend Rain Soft to take care of your hard water problems.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

Thank you Joby, we appreciate your feedback! We're happy to hear you're enjoying your RainSoft water. We trust you will be happy for many years to come.

Happy Holidays!

RainSoft Customer Service

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

I needed a filter and the RainSoft guys started talking about that. After I saw the test, it was really the option that I needed. The system installation went fast. The water that we're having is really good. RainSoft is great and I enjoyed my experience with them.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

Everything has been good. My family and I are really enjoying the water installation. The technician was very good. He went through all the demo. The guy who did the installation was very good too. They took me through the process very well. I'm happy with the system. I like everything about it in terms of the softness when taking my baths. Most importantly, I like the value for money. But RainSoft's marketing is not really strong. We had to physically go in to ask for any water softener and alkaline water provider. So if RainSoft is out there visible, then that would prompt more consumers to want to purchase the product.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I'm satisfied with the water softener system. I love the water. The water is great.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I had a very nice sales guy and a wonderful installer. He was on time and he got everything done in a timely manner. RainSoft is a good quality system and I love it. It really helps a lot. Our water had a horrible smell to it and I kept having allergies. With the water system in place, my allergies have cleared up. The soap bubbles too and the laundry comes out faster.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

Our water was too hard and it would leave stains. With Rainsoft, it feels nicer now and there are fewer stains. Everything went pretty well. Our sales rep was really nice and our installation guy was fine as well.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

RainSoft should make sure that their people who install know what they are doing. Other than that, RainSoft is great. I could tell a difference when I'm just using the water in general. I haven't had to use as much soap when I'm showering and my kids don't complain about drinking out of tap anymore. Also, we don't use a lot of water, which is great. So our salt intake is still full. And there is not a lot of upkeep that we need to do.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

The presentation went really well. They were on time and their rep Paul was very good. He was so sweet and informative. It seemed like he wasn't just selling. There's definitely a difference between someone saying, "Oh, buy this because I need the commission." and someone saying, "No, this is how this will affect you. This is what improvements will be made." I liked it because it seemed as though RainSoft was something that he also used.

The installation was perfect. My husband and I had to go to work when they installed so the installers let my father-in-law make a recorded video so we can totally understand how everything works, how everything was set. They did an outstanding job and made it very convenient. The water is definitely a lot softer with showers. They came back and did testing and showed us the difference between the water we had before and the water we have now. There was definitely a vast difference with that as far as no toxins or anything inside of the water. That was great. They definitely had compassion and it felt extremely friendly and heartfelt. RainSoft made me feel comfortable. We put in our referrals and we've been telling everyone about it.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

The rep was great. Seeing the difference from the treated water and what I was using. And when I tasted it, I drank the treated water, I was like, “Oh my God. Yes, I have to do this.” The guys that went and installed the system were awesome. I’m pretty happy with it.Since having the system, my skin is softer and my hair is different. Whenever I wash my daughter's hair too, it’s a huge difference.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I was having issues every time I'd get out of the shower. The itching would be so bad. It was painful every day. It was bad enough that I didn't want to take a shower for three or four days. RainSoft checked the water and found that it had three times the chlorine that it should have. So, they put the filter in there that knocked the chlorine down. The installers were local dudes and they were super nice guys. We had plenty to talk about and a lot in common. And it was just a good time.

The water is bearable now. When I get out of the shower, there's a little bit of discomfort for 10 minutes and it goes away. So I'll take that. This is worth every penny. It was 1,600 bucks, and I’d pay that again.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

You have to do RainSoft. The installer was great. He explained everything and he was quick. Before, my water sucked. My wife didn't like it. Now it's great. She can brush her teeth and drink her coffee. She's a happy camper now.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

The rep was very knowledgeable and had a lot of good information for us. He was here on Friday, and they were out here Saturday morning putting the system in. They were on the ball and Johnny-on-the-spot. They spent all day that Saturday putting it in with two guys. And they did an excellent job. They drilled a little purification tap by the sink faucet in the kitchen. That way, we can get pure water out of that. Because these old faucets are so crusty until we get them replaced.

After a couple of days, we noticed a difference in the taste and how it looked. It didn't have high iron, hydrochloric gas. And the water was eroding the rocks on the property, there were rock crystals forming in the water and they have corroded all of the bathroom faucets and fixtures to where they aren't working. We have to replace them all because that well water damaged everything, even the garbage disposal. They are all rusted out and our home warranty doesn’t even cover them. The house is only 15 years old.

This one does the whole house. It's more expensive, but how many times do we want to replace our fixtures over the years? Calcification and iron deposits, and that smell of that gas coming out of the sink. We aren’t getting to it in time. The fixtures were out so bad that the faucets are leaking and we can't even run the Jacuzzi tub water anymore. The fixtures just are worn out and the parts are broken off from the rock in the water.

We didn't know RainSoft would provide service to come out and bring the 40-pound bags of salt. And we had ordered one. So, we were wondering how in the world we were going to haul these bags we were told to get at the store. Then we have to take a scoop and scoop it in little by little. But one plumber came over that day and he lifted up the 40-pound bag and poured it in for us. He was so kind to do that. We made a comment online to the RainSoft that we wish they would allow their customers to order directly from them and have someone come and service it and put it in because it's too much for us being seniors. They said they could do that, but they didn't make it well-known upfront.

We couldn't get door-to-door shipment from Lake Worth because they said, “Just come pick it up.” We had this guy from the store put it in the car because it was too much for us. But when we get it in the trunk, then how are we going to get it in the house? We have to drag it all the way and maybe tear the bag. It did not sound very feasible and it is a lot of struggle to do it the hard way. It costs a little more to have RainSoft service, but they will reset the system when we don't know how to do that, when they add the salt bags to it. So, we're very pleased that they have that service. Get the RainSoft. It solved our problem and we would recommend it to anybody. We're very happy with it.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

A lady came over, did the demonstration, and couldn’t believe the water that I was drinking. Even filtered, it was still nasty. We fell in love with the system right from the get-go. The water tastes better, keeps our clothes better, and gets me cleaner in the shower. It is a 900 times difference.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

We liked the reputation and the history of RainSoft as being quality. The installation was perfectly fine. I just checked the salt just today. It's still high. Other than that, it's just making sure that I have clear access to where the system is and that's it for now. I got used to the touch and feel of it. We could feel the difference over time, but it is just normal. If you want a quality product, and if it's important for what you are putting on your body or in your stomach, I would certainly consider a water softener for your health. And I would recommend RainSoft to anyone that asks.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

We just moved into a new house and it had a well. And while we knew the quality of the well water was good, it was still cloudy. We’ve had whole house water filter systems previously, and wanted to look into something. And when we went to Home Depot, we found information on RainSoft. Everybody was very kind, cooperative, and informative. We couldn't have had a better experience. The water is certainly clearer and much softer. I'm sure it's much healthier for us too. So, we’re pleased.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

The RainSoft rep came and he was nice and patient. We had a great experience with him as well as the guy who came to install. They were very well-behaved and professional. So, they’re definitely an asset. Even if your product is very good, people will not listen to you if you don't have the right people to present it. It's always the people skills that matter. Those two were exceptional. Things were explained very clearly even in terms of payments. It was a great experience. We just let the installer into the basement. He did it in half an hour and he was all done. So, it was very quick. The water is softer. It takes more time to wash. But we don't use Brita anymore. So, we're consuming water off the tap.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

The guy was very professional. He explained to me and had a lot of data about the type of chemicals that they use. Because the water table is so shallow, a lot of chemicals get siphoned into the water table. They do basic filtration and they just dump chlorine and other chemicals in there to purify it and make it drinkable. When I agreed to do it, they came out in a couple of days and they installed the system and tested it. They came back, tested the water again, and explained everything to me again. They were very straight up.

The whole house filtration system has really improved the quality of my water. It's a lot softer and it tastes better. It's like bottled-quality water in about every tap that comes out. RainSoft did me right. The rep explained how the system works and they're even going to come out once a year to test it.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

RainSoft offered a gift card to have our water tested and then the sales guy talked us into it. The installer was here the next day. He was really nice, and in and out. Since having the system, my white dog is actually whiter and less crusty, water tastes a lot better, and hair is softer.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

We did the water testing and we sent it back. Someone called us regarding the water testing. Somebody can come out, explain the results, then talk about a possible solution. And that was how we came across RainSoft. We run the dishwasher on a weekly basis. There are no water droplets left on there. It's very clean. Even showering and bathing, the softness of the water, we could tell there's a difference. But sometimes, maybe we are using a little more water because we think that we still have soap on our bodies because it feels so soft. We added the alkaline to the water. We didn't know that we needed to flush it, but once we reached out to our the salesperson, they mentioned we need to run it first. Because it tasted different and we didn't like it. I considered having my husband to call to try to remove it. But once they said to flush it, it worked perfectly. The water tastes good. My entire family is enjoying our RainSoft well.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information