4.54/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1953, RainSoft has been a worldwide leader in providing families with premium water treatment and air purification systems. RainSoft is dedicated to designing, manufacturing and offering the industry's most diverse product line of water and air solutions for families like yours.

Our corporate Customer Focus Team ensures that each and every RainSoft customer is satisfied and exceeds every expectation. If you have a question, comment or concern, we encourage you to contact us directly at 1-800-RAINSOFT and ask to speak with our customer service group.

A leader in the water treatment industry since 1953, RainSoft takes the worry out of water.

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc. Video
RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc. Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2259 RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I was looking for a water treatment system and had two other companies demonstrate, but I liked what RainSoft Water was offering better. The warranty and the guy who presented it stood out to me. The installation went great. They came in one day and got it all working. I got a water softener and a filtration. The water feels a lot softer and we don't get a lot of scaling like we had before. I'm really pleased with their service, the installation and how well the system works.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Just bought a house with an RainSoft softener. Your company recommended rebuilding the control unit yearly. $169.95. Less than a month later the unit stuck in regen and dumped hundreds of gallons of water in my yard. Tech came out and told me the seals the previous tech put in were BAD. (They got a bad batch.) Can't wait to see my water bill. I can not recommend RainSoft due to High cost, High maintenance cost, and Poor quality quality replacement parts. The service tech was nice, efficient, and knowledgeable. If I have another problem, the replacement will Not be RainSoft. Hey Culligan man.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I've been a RainSoft customer since 1999 and I recently told them that my water system was no longer good. However, their dealer, Home Water Solutions sucked. They are the worst people ever and it's a bummer that you RainSoft only has one dealer in the state of Colorado. I really don't know what they did but it cost me an arm and a leg. Even so, I stayed with Home Water Solutions as I refused to change from RainSoft 'cause it's amazing.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I live in a very small town with horrible well water. I was promised for $8100, I would have perfect drinking water, and would never have to buy water again. I was a 22 year old new homeowner and VERY gullible. I decided that the price was worth my peace of mind. I was promised clean drinking water and peace of mind for my pipes and etc. What I received. I have to call at least once a month because my water is yellow/orange and smells. I do NOT, and have not for a single day trusted to drink this water. Even my pets don't drink this water. My brand new, white tiled shower that I spent a fortune on because I was promised safe water is now yellow. I have to get new shower heads and faucets just about every year because mine get crusted up from this horrible water that I still have. My washers tend to die every two years at this point because they're working overtime and getting clogged with yucky water.

Needless to say, they scammed me. And they have NEVER offered a solution. Other than they now don't charge me for my monthly service calls. Not a win. I've had service guys tells me if I just lived 30 minutes north. I would love my product. The issues is, is that I don't live 30 minutes north. And they should have sold me a product that works for my AREA. I will NEVER recommend their product. It's a waste of money.

Original review: June 18, 2019

The water is dirty and needs filtration, and I researched water and air treatment systems. We had our first system for over 10 years and it was just wearing out. I’ve known about RainSoft for the last 40 years and this is our second system. The interactions with the reps were great and the people who serviced our RainSoft seemed to be very knowledgeable. I had one incident where a guy put water all over my garage and my furniture was out there, but other than that, it has been fine. I dealt with that at the time. So, we’re good. I got the whole system and the installation team was perfect although they had to come out a second time because a hose busted. They were out the next couple of days. Since having the system installed, the water is softer. I’d recommend RainSoft.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.?

Original review: June 15, 2019

I'm a health coach, so I've always been interested in getting better quality water for the house. We haven't gotten around to doing anything about it yet then a store associate at Home Dept walked up to us and asked if we wanted to get a $20 Home Depot gift card. He also asked if we would agree to have someone come and give us a presentation. Then, he set up an appointment with RainSoft and the rep who came out clearly knew his stuff. He was a little bit of an old-timer kind of guy but he got the job done. We didn't know that much about soft water systems per se, but we knew about the pros and cons of reverse osmosis and alkaline water. We knew the benefits of that and he filled in a few gaps. But mostly, he got to skip through the presentation pretty fast since we were already believers in it.

For the installation, we initially had one of the more junior people come to do the install and he was a very nice guy. He dropped the stuff off, drilled the hole for the spout in the kitchen, and put it in place under the sink spout. But right away, he realized that the situation at our house was beyond what his skill set and his license would allow. He said it would take a very long time for him to do it on his own and he stopped because he said it was clear that we needed the general contractor installer guy to come and do it.

If he hadn't had the good sense to stop, we probably would've been very underwhelmed by how he was planning to install it. But once the other guy came, which was Danny and he comes with a helper, we were over the moon happy with everything that he did. He was fantastic and he did so much. He pointed out something that was out of code with how our sprinkler system was done and was able to fix that so our soft water system didn't push through to the sprinklers and kill everything. He was so knowledgeable and he did everything really well. So that was the best part of the whole RainSoft experience so far.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I had issues with plumbing that led to hard water and so I had my water tested. I went to Home Depot, grabbed one of their free kits and then they sent it to RainSoft. We had a representative not long after that in the house, tested the water, showed us the results of it and that's when I decided that we needed a water softening system. I consulted with their rep and every facet of the whole process was smooth. The rep thought of things that I wouldn't have thought of at the time of installation. It turned out to make the whole job easier afterward, not only for me but for him too. We did the water softening system and the reverse osmosis fountain. Since then, the water tastes better out of the drinking fountain. We use less detergent both with washing the clothes and the dishes. I would highly recommend RainSoft.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I am a currently using Rainsoft Water Treatment System. Raheen ** was very knowledgeable about the product. I have purchased it for the Health benefit for my family. It is investment for your own and family health.

Original review: June 13, 2019

My equipment was old and started falling apart. And then I talked to my water guy that I use. We discussed what kind of replacements we would need. He recommended RainSoft, and I was good with that. The sales rep of RainSoft was terrific. He did a great job. He explained everything in an understandable and representable way. And he's conscientious as can be and makes sure that the job is done right. I purchased the two heads for an acid neutralizer and a charcoal filter.

The installer is a one-man shop and he's a wonder. I'm recommending him to my next-door neighbor for water equipment. He's a great guy. And everything he does and everything he handles is top quality at reasonable rates. He was very approachable and he explained what he was doing and why he was doing it. So far, I've had no issues with RainSoft and everything seems to be working fine. I had some power outage like we do with some rough weather now and again. And the battery backups, I didn't have to reset anything. That's nice and convenient. I've already recommended RainSoft to the neighbors.

Original review: June 12, 2019

The consultation with the sales rep of RainSoft went well. He was knowledgeable and he did a good job in presenting. He was pretty thorough too. We did the washing machine. We also did the reverse osmosis and the full water system. The experience with the installation team was fine, too. No issues. They explained the system as best as they could. They explained how it worked. We had a question and the owner of the company came out and we chatted with him as well. My wife had commented on how impressed she was with washing with cold water with the system and even with showers, the water now is soft. It leaves our skin nice and smooth. The water quality for drinking is good, too. We're impressed with that. We're satisfied and we'd recommend RainSoft.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.
1953