4.60/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1953, RainSoft has been a worldwide leader in providing families with premium water treatment and air purification systems. Visit bit.ly/RS-dealer to become a dealer! For more than 60 years, RainSoft is dedicated to designing, manufacturing and offering the industry's most diverse product line of water and air solutions for families like yours.

Our corporate Customer Focus Team ensures that each and every RainSoft customer is satisfied and exceeds every expectation. If you have a question, comment or concern, we encourage you to contact us directly at 1-800-RAINSOFT and ask to speak with our customer service group.

A leader in the water treatment industry since 1953, RainSoft takes the worry out of water.

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc. Video
RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc. Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2088 RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

It's been around 3 years I've had the system and to this day I'm glad for having it. The service from day 1 has been great. Water feels and tastes great. I've always had a great after-sale customer service experience over the years whenever I've had to get back in touch with the gentleman who demoed it to us the first day to clarify questions. He's been courteous and prompt to answer questions and help, which I've always appreciated. Overall, glad to have made this decision.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

We’re on well water and I kept seeing hard water build-up at my home. We got the system from RainSoft and it was one of the top of the line stuff. Their sales representative took his time and thoroughly explained it to us. It felt like I was getting this ho-hum thing but he showed the demonstration as far as our water. Then their installation team put the system for us and it goes to our well. Those two young guys were great and very knowledgeable of the system. I'm in Tallahassee and they came all the way from Orlando to get it installed because Tallahassee didn’t have anybody to do it.

I gave them names for people that I referred and gave my sister’s name. Someone contacted us, but somehow, the lady would not call me back down in the Orlando office. But she was digging around and found my daughter-in-law’s number which I did not give. She called my daughter-in-law, said that she was trying to get a hold of Donna and was trying to get her to go to Home Depot. I called their corporate office to let her know that’s harassment. The rep is not calling me back. I’m pissed at that because they’re harassing people on my referrals. My sister’s not answering her phone as I gave the lady a legit number for my sister and that’s the part that I can’t get settled. Other than that, I love the RainSoft system. We have purer and cleaner water, and I noticed even my sinks look clean all the time.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

When I purchased the RainSoft system, I'm about to tear out and replace, it was my first water softener and I didn't know any better. The system was overpriced and never worked right consistently. 1 and 1/2 years ago, when it stopped working for the umpteenth time (average life after a repair roughly 6-9 mo.) I was convinced by the serviceman to spend over $500 on a new digital head to replace my old analog head. He assured me my problems were over and told me the part had a 5 year warranty, parts and labor. Well of course it broke again.

Meanwhile the local contractor for RainSoft had changed hands again. When I called I was told they were not honoring the last subcontractor's warranties. I refuse to pay them to fix this piece of junk again. I'm shopping around now and in week or two the system goes to the dump and I get a new one NOT A RAINSOFT. Live and learn or learn from reading this, your choice. I lost, but you can avoid the same.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

The Rainsoft testing person was very nice but the data he presented was false. I have a University level education in Human Physiology and Chemistry. I also ran swimming pools for a living. The calculations for the funds I spend each month without the Rainsoft system are drastically inflated according to my own spreadsheet showing actual expenditures. The test where he said my skin absorbed the chlorine from the water was false. The chlorine was not absorbed by my skin in the three seconds allowed in this test. Absorption takes longer than the 3 seconds this test took. Instead the chlorine was chemically altered by the salt creating Sodium Chloride and any contaminants that are inherent on everyone's skin.

Also the light from my LED lights which is 5500 Kelvin causes a chemical change in Chlorine also attributing to the depletion of the chlorine in the test water. He did not test the filtered water in my Kitchen sink either. The reality is that with the actual expenditures the payback on this expensive system is more than a decade. The customer is led to believe the chemicals used to test for solids and other contaminants are real without any proof at all. The entire demonstration is done by the company selling the product instead of an independent testing company. This is a conflict of interests. Many systems are less expensive and do just as well in removing solids, organic contaminants, chemical contaminants and softening water. This demonstration was misleading and the system is very overpriced.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Our water was awfully soft that we could not take the soap off when we took showers. It also had particles floating and it had a sulfur smell from the iron deposits. We had submitted a water test kit through Home Depot and about a year later, they responded to it. RainSoft asked if I was interested and I told them yes. By the next day, they were here. Their reps were very professional and I couldn’t ask for better people to work with. I’m a biologist and I felt that they knew what they were talking about and knew about the proper test to do to the water.

I purchased the whole house system and the people who installed it were hilarious. They were very personable and nice guys. They went through everything with me and then they also did the filtration system underneath the sink. That took about an hour and a half just to run it through the process. But they stayed here with me to run it through one process and let it stay there. It took about four hours for everything to get done. They spent as much as time as they needed to and they didn’t seem to hurry. Plus, they made sure all my questions were answered before they left. We had to have a drinking fountain put into our sink just for drinking and cooking because the water was that bad. It’s a filter underneath the sink and there’s a big filter outside by my well. We still have the soft water but not a whole bunch can be done about that. The water is clear now though and it tastes good. There are no particles floating in it and the smell is gone.

They had to come back out one time though because there was a little stain in the water. They did some adjustments on the filter outside and told me to wait about a month and that if it doesn’t improve to call them back. It has gotten a little better but I need to call them back because it still has a little stain to it. But the RainSoft people were very good. When I called the guy on a Friday, he said he’d be here on Monday and he was here around the time he said he’d be here. I’m completely satisfied with them. They did what they said they’re gonna do and so far, every time I have a problem, they’ve rectified it. I would tell people to schedule a consultation with RainSoft.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I happened to be in Home Depot one day and a gal had me do a little survey. Someone called me and we had RainSoft reps come out. they were awesome. They had a great presentation. The man was really nice and went through everything with us. He probably didn’t even have to do it because we knew what we wanted to do, but it was very interesting. They explained everything and we had the water testing. We thought we knew a little bit about what it was gonna be but it was like another level. We were going to do something about our water anyway and it so happened that RainSoft called us.

We did the reverse osmosis with the water and I just feel better knowing that my grandkids who I take care of are getting clean water. The installer was great too. He came out and it took him around three hours. He was in and out of here. The faucet for the filtered water, however, didn’t match what we had in the house so he gave me a number to call so that we could get a faucet that matched. But what they brought out was really shiny and we just didn’t do the shiny stuff in the house. And so, they came back out.

We were able to order a different kind and they came back out and reinstalled a different faucet so that it kinda matches, which is nice. They explained everything and we were told to call if we had any questions. We haven't had any problems, but we got a couple of calls from them to make sure that everything was okay. We like RainSoft and we’ve told people like my daughter and her husband about it. It’s expensive but it’s worth it for us.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

We had some people knocking on the door telling us they were with the water company and they were trying to sell me something. They came in and checked the water and they said that it had all these chemicals and stuff in it. I also got a water test from RainSoft to confirm that and from the water company saying that it was not safe to drink. The salesman from RainSoft was a good guy and he knew more than most. I got the whole house system with the outside water from them. The installation team was super cool and they did a great job. They searched around for stuff and there was even a big old wasp nest out there that my girl was afraid of and he sprayed it down for us. Since then, the water tastes better and I’m happy with RainSoft.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

One time, we were in Home Depot and they had a person walking in the store asking people if they would be interested in a water hardness test. We've had concerns with our water since we moved in which included issues in water hardness and the amount of impurities in the groundwater system we're on so we went for it. Working with the RainSoft salesman who came to our home was fun. We were able to converse and interact with him. We exchanged ideas and told him information he wasn't aware of. Thereafter, their installation team came in and did their job. We had questions while they were installing and they answered those. They explained things as they were going through. Since getting the RainSoft system, we've noticed a difference in the way our water tastes as well as how we feel after we shower. We've also noticed differences in our clothing after we wash them. Overall, it has been a good experience with RainSoft.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

The Rainsoft reps came to our door and their demonstration impressed us big time. They got test bottles and a little machine. It was like a miniature water system for your home and one rep ran through that plus she checked our water. The water here in San Antonio is worse than we thought it was. We always use bottled water and washing takes one ounce of detergent. Thereafter, we got the softener system, the reverse osmosis for the kitchen sink, and the oxidation thing for the laundry washer. We have a hot tub which feels and looks so good now.

I have a water fountain on the front yard and the installer said that it was not gonna be part of the system, but it turned out it was. Before, I had to clean it with the pressure washer, but now, it cleaned it right up and it's down to the original material of the fountain itself. Everything was impressive. We don’t have to buy bottled water anymore and we use a lot less detergent. We use the system for cooking, our tea, and our coffee. We usually use the reverse osmosis with the coffee and tea because that's about as good as water can get.

The sales rep was fantastic. We felt like we got a new friend. She sent us a card with a fantastic picture of the house, which surprised us. She's super friendly and personable. I also had good interactions with their installation crew. I asked questions and he explained what was going on. He gave me a rundown of how everything worked and what I needed to do periodically. For the first five years, they took care of the system except for one filter. After a year, I had to change it out myself. Other than that, it has been great and I had no complaints whatsoever.

I've talked to several people about Rainsoft and I'm kinda surprised myself. $8,000 for a water softener system is kinda steep and most of them don’t wanna spend that kind of money, but, in the long run, it will pay for itself. Besides the system itself, we also got five years' worth of detergent. There were several things that replaced the chemicals and cleaning stuff that we were using that we no longer have to get. For instance, though we don’t need to use a laundry softener, we still do because we like the smell. The rep said that was optional for clean clothes. Nevertheless, Rainsoft has impacted our lives positively and we love it.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

We saw the presentation of RainSoft Water Treatment Systems and we decided to take their product. Everything was good in our interaction with the sales rep, including the presentation. The installers were good too. After our system was installed, our water has been soft and delicious. So far, we are satisfied with our RainSoft system and hopefully our friends would sign up for it too.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I put a new bathroom in and I was starting to get residue. RainSoft called me after I put my information in on Home Depot’s website and they wanted to come the very next day but I had to put it off a week because I had to get my wife in town. I had an excellent interaction with their rep. He knew the product inside and out. He was very personable and got the whole family involved. I got their salt system and it was like two cylinders in my garage. I had a 5-star experience with their installer. He installed the very next day which was on a Sunday. With the RainSoft system, the water rolls off of me. My skin is not as dry. My dishes are cleaner and there are no spots on anything. My experience with RainSoft was fantastic and well worth the money. I’d recommend them. It was one of the nicest business dealings I’ve had in a while.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

We knew we were going to need something for the house we just bought. The whole area had flooded when Hurricane Harvey came through and we didn't trust the water supply completely. I filled out a survey questionnaire at Home Depot and RainSoft contacted me within a week to set up an appointment. Their rep came out and he was very polite and professional. He went through the whole process and we filled out the paperwork. He knew what he was talking about and he obviously enjoyed what he was doing.

We purchased a whole home system from RainSoft with a reverse osmosis feature for drinking water and a special tap just for that. Thereafter, their installation team came out and put in the system. It was convenient and they worked with me. They came out when I told them it would be a good time to come out to do the install. However, it took them a little while to get the WiFi thing set up so we could monitor our system. Still, things have been like what RainSoft's rep told me. He said that our water was gonna go cleaner and everything we did would be cleaner as well, like the dishes coming out of the dishwasher. He also said that our showers would feel different and all that stuff has worked out to be exactly like that. RainSoft's system is a great product. Other people should look into it.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

We have hard water at our house and we wanted to get something. We had RainSoft in the previous house we lived in and we spoke to them at a home show. Setting up the consultation was great and we like the whole experience. They have a great salesperson who was very polite and knew what he was talking about. The actual scheduling was easy. They called, set up the time, and they were here when they said they were gonna be. Their rep was very knowledgeable and we had a very good interaction. We got their water softener and water conditioner. With the RainSoft system, the water is much softer and we could tell a big difference in it. The RainSoft system is a very good product.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

RainSoft said they’d come out free with no strings attached and give me $20 just for listening to them. The sales agent was extremely friendly, professional and knew exactly what he was talking about from start to finish. I purchased the water softener and the medical grade water, and the guys that installed them were prompt. They were also very professional in how they did the installation and making sure that everything was tucked away to where I didn’t even know it was there. Now I’ve been feeling slimy in the shower, which takes a little bit to get used to but my skin’s not as dry as it would normally be.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

We're happy with RainSoft and they're good enough that we stuck with them. We had one of their water system previously and they replaced a broken one. It was a successful installation. The representatives are good and reliable. I had a good experience and we recommend RainSoft.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

We’d built a new home and I have a deep well, and I knew before I even built it that I would have to have a treatment system. My last house had one, and the people that put that in unfortunately sold their business. So, I was looking around and seeing who I would get. I had two to three people come out, and I decided to go with RainSoft. The rep was knowledgeable and friendly. Also, the installers were professional. They had to come back and correct one thing but other than that, everything went fine. So far, I’m satisfied.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

We wanted to fit in a whole house water softener system, but we couldn't figure out how to easily do it on our own ‘cause our water main is in the front of the house. Home Depot called us up because we had just bought a new high-efficiency washer/dryer, and they set up the sales call with RainSoft. The sales rep was very nice and we had a really good time when he came over. He did the water demonstration but we already knew a lot about it because we’d done some research, so it went really fast. He was also very easy to work with. It was a great experience for something that we didn’t expect to do right then.

The installation went really well too. The two RainSoft installers that came were super nice, and they had to do a lot of extra work to build the trench to put the tanks in. They had to come out a couple of times to get it all done. But the thing that my husband liked most was the way the piping was done so perfectly. He loved the job they did and he talks about it all the time. With the system, I don’t have to always use a squeegee and try to wipe spots off of the glass. I also notice that my hair has a different feel and I don’t have to use the conditioner that I used to use before. Plus I haven't had the allergy problems that I’m used to having when the heater starts kicking in, so that’s been exciting.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

The house that I bought is in pristine condition but my filtered water system was not working properly. I had an issue with that so I needed to find an alternative because I have an illness that causes me to have to have purified water. I wanted to make sure that I could use the water system in my house. The RainSoft product is really good. Their reps provided excellent service and I was glad that they were very respectful of my house. They had to dig a trench under my sidewalk but when they finished, I couldn't even tell that they had dug the trench. They did a beautiful job. That really impressed me. Also, I have white carpet and the guys took their shoes off. As far as the installation, it was perfect. I love what they did.

I have OCD and my foremost focus is always on things being super clean. The first thing I noticed with RainSoft was my laundry and how the system works so much better as far as the water being softer. It cleans better too and I don’t have to use as much of the products that I use to clean. I really like the system and I'm very pleased. It's really worth it. Make the investment with RainSoft because, for one, it'll add to your property's value.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

We got a RainSoft water filter for our whole house and couldn't be more pleased with it, and with the company. Any problems we have had, they have come out super fast and made it right. At the beginning our shower head busted bc of carbon that was filtering out and they replaced it completely for us! With the filter they also gave us cleaning products and soaps and they were more than happy to switch some out for me! SEAN AND BRUCE (sorry I don't remember your last names), but well done! And thank you!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

We were in Home Depot and we asked about RainSoft. I've been wanting to have some nice, clean drinking water and soft water for years. Since this is a newer home, I thought I would start doing that. I set up a consultation with the sales rep over the phone and the two guys who installed it did a wonderful job. However, whenever my wife starts the clothes washer, it makes a hissing sound for a couple of seconds. Then it’s gone and doesn’t do it until next time. She’s curious about it but other than that, it has been wonderful. RainSoft was very professional and everybody was very nice from beginning to end.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

RainSoft came out and did an experiment in our counter, and we decided that we would give it a try. Their sales rep was very nice and explained everything very good. They also gave us a whole bunch of stuff to use -- from laundry detergent, shampoo and face soap to dish soap. We have noticed a bit of a difference in the taste of the water and then our showers stay cleaner as well. I feel my dishes are cleaner and more sanitized, and I really like it.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

As a senior, I wanna do whatever I can to stay healthy and if I can make the water better, it’s always a plus. When I got to talking with the RainSoft rep and when they came to test my water, I saw the benefits of their system and decided to get it. Their installers were timely. They got in here, got it done and was gone. Now, I use the water when I make tea or coffee and I am able to tell a little difference because sometimes, different waters, even though they're good waters, with different types of tea, the water can give it a different taste and I've been totally satisfied with the water coming out of the RainSoft system.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

When we bought our house, RainSoft came and tested the water. I signed the contract on a Saturday and they did the installation on Monday. RainSoft followed up a couple of times, and came back and tested, and made sure that we were all happy and that the system was working correctly. Since we got the system, you can't smell the chlorine in the water, and the water is soft. Laundry is easier and there are no hard water stains. The system takes all the negative stuff out of the water. Once you use RainSoft and have access to the setup at your home, you'll have one forever because it's that good.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

The RainSoft rep came over and did a little chemical analysis that proved that our water was hard. We knew already but we went through the process of getting it set up and scheduled. It all went smoothly. We wanted the outdoor not to be conditioned for watering the lawn so we figured out how we had to run the plumbing and where to install it, and the installer did it. RainSoft was very good, professional, and they did well.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

BEWARE. The system does improve our water but the cost is not realistic. We paid over $10,000 for a whole house system. The company financing the system put a lien on our house which caused me extra work when I refinanced our mortgage. The first year the filters cost $110. The second year was $250. Now, not only am I paying $179 per month, but it will cost me $450 to replace the filters this year. How much is it going to cost next year? I wish I had never purchased this system. Buyer beware - you need deep pockets to use and drink Rainsoft water.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I grew up in a different town and when I moved to a town that has crappy water quality, I could tell there was a difference. I didn’t like it. Then when we had the initial consultation with RainSoft, the pitch that they had was really eye-opening. I know they have their own agenda to sell stuff but I enjoyed that experience. They were really knowledgeable.

Since our house is really old, we decided on getting everything. We got the water softener purifier system for the whole house, the one for the kitchen right under the sink and then the air purifier. The installation was really painless. It only took them about an hour and now, it’s a lot nicer when I take showers. It doesn’t leave my skin as dry and I have sensitive skin. I had no idea the water was that big of an issue. The taste of coffee is way better too. That’s worth the system’s weight in gold right there. So we’re enjoying our RainSoft experience so far.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

We’ve had RainSoft for 30 years and recently we replaced our water treatment system with the new one. The sale rep was very thorough in his explanation. He explained to us the reasoning why we should replace our old system with a more up to date one. The installers were very professional and knowledgeable. The installation took an hour and a half which wasn't very long at all. RainSoft is always top-notch whenever we call. We replaced our own drinking system filter which was separate and they have always been very helpful when we buy that and put it in ourselves.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

The RainSoft rep was pleasant to talk with and he kept us entertained. He was very knowledgeable, courteous, polite and respectful and it was a really good three hours with him. Their installers were good too and we hardly knew they were here. They told us about the different systems, the one that went in the crawlspace under the house and the one in our kitchen with the triple filters. They explained everything to us. Since then, our skin looks a lot better and we can definitely tell that the water in the sink is much clearer and has better taste. We tell the people who come here to try the water and even them say that it is good.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

When we saw RainSoft on the internet, we called them and a rep from one of the companies that is connected with Home Depot came, and they are the ones who sold us the product. We bought a water softener that is a middle one that has a reserve of a salt. The installers that came out did it quickly. They cleaned and they left everything clean. The product was pricey, but we know it’s worth it and we love it. My husband has a bacteria, his situation was in his stomach. He got much better with the product so now he's all better. I’m happy with it. We’ve been with RainSoft for a couple of months, and it has helped the water in the house. We feel more confident and I know it would help with the health of my husband and also my child, who is autistic as he needs fresh water too. I already recommended RainSoft to friends and people already came to their houses to do the water testing.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I researched on water treatment systems for healthier drinking water. We had somebody at Home Depot ask us if we’d be willing to have somebody come to our house for a consultation regarding RainSoft. And then we heard from somebody later on setting up the time for the salesperson to come in. The consultation went very well. There were no surprises and the sales rep did a nice job. He was easy to work with. The installation team was also excellent. They came out and did everything very quickly, very thoroughly and explained things. Since the installation of the water softener system I noticed the water is softer when I'm washing, bathing and showering. I also have more peace of mind knowing I'm drinking better water. I have a very good experience with RainSoft and I’m glad we did it.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.
1953