4.56/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1953, RainSoft has been a worldwide leader in providing families with premium water treatment and air purification systems. RainSoft is dedicated to designing, manufacturing and offering the industry's most diverse product line of water and air solutions for families like yours.

Our corporate Customer Focus Team ensures that each and every RainSoft customer is satisfied and exceeds every expectation. If you have a question, comment or concern, we encourage you to contact us directly at 1-800-RAINSOFT and ask to speak with our customer service group.

A leader in the water treatment industry since 1953, RainSoft takes the worry out of water.

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc. Video
RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc. Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2229 RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: March 2, 2019

We had water softeners before but we didn't have one in this house. We thought we should so we put the RainSoft unit in. Their guy showed up on time. He was very professional, friendly and did his job very fast. He even helped me move the pieces of furniture out of the garage. He told us that the salt tank, given that it's just me and my wife, would probably last a year for the whole tankful.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I moved to my house recently and the water had a different taste than what I was accustomed to. I was curious as to how bad my water was or how different it was from my previous water supply, so I began researching water treatment systems. I had a consultation with RainSoft and the rep who came out seemed knowledgeable. He checked us out and did a standard sales pitch. I ended up buying the whole house water system with the RODI under the sink in the kitchen and the team that installed it was quick. There was a little leak after the initial installation but they were able to fix it before they left. Since having the system, my skin has not been as dry when I shower. Also, the water out of the faucet with the RODI system tastes better.

Original review: March 1, 2019

We were approached by one the RainSoft representatives when we were in Home Depot. The test was good and the rep was very thorough with everything. He knew what he was talking about and was very knowledgeable. He was also funny and we had fun. We had lots in common ‘cause me and my wife are also in sales so we were talking about that. It was a comfortable rapport so everything went well.

We got the two tanks that go in the basement, one that’s full of salt and the other one with the little pebbles. Then we got the one for the drinking water that goes under the sink. The installers came in the evening and were done in three hours. They were downstairs cutting the pipe and tying everything back in, and when they left, they explained everything to me, like how to shut it off if I needed to. If anything happened, they showed me how to work the little screen under one of the tanks to see how many gallons we use. Now the water feels different when we shower. It leaves an oily feeling, but it’s not oily. It just feels like there’s still soap on you when there isn’t any. When I drink the water though, everything tastes good. I’m very satisfied with RainSoft.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Cleaning the bathtub and the toilets practically required a hammer and chisel. It was building up and although I would get it cleaned, I had to swab it out every single day to keep it from building up. I knew I had a problem. I had also tried to get a water softener before but because of the way my house is built with the zero-property line, the water softener would have been on my neighbor's property and I couldn't do it.

When I spoke with the RainSoft representative, he was saying, "Well, you do it today or you don't get this wonderful five years' worth of supplies, which is better than a sharp stick in the eye." It was agony because I had just spent $10,000 on repairs on my house. But I knew I wanted it and I had not heard anything negative about the company so I did it. I got the whole-home system plus the drinking water, and I've financed it for the time being. They said the cleaning would be easy but it's even easier than I expected. I'm also working my way getting some of the old build-up off so I'm heading in the right direction. I drink a lot more water now too. I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

We moved from a home that didn't have very good water from wherever it was coming from. We noticed a lot of calcium build-up on the faucets over time. There was a lot of hard water stains on the glass door from the shower and rings around the toilet on the inside. We couldn't get most of that stuff off to save our lives. We just purchased a home and moving into it, we didn't want to have any of those issues.

When we were approached to get our water tested, we figured it was not gonna hurt. Crystal came over and did water tests. When we saw the results of the water test, we were kind of a little shocked. I was pretty sure there was gonna be a lot of hard water and a lot of minerals in the water that we probably did not need to be having inside of our appliances, pipes, and ultimately for us to drink. Crystal explained everything to us and kind of demonstrated what the RainSoft water softening system was going to do for us. We got to see and feel the results. After that, we were like, "Wow!" This is something that we kinda wanted to move forward with.

Two gentlemen, Mike and Brian, came over and they installed our water system. They were very professional, knowledgeable, and polite. I got to talk with them a lot and found out that they both have a water softening system in their own homes and have had it for multiple years. To me, that said a lot of pretty good things. They were selling a good product and the people who work for the company also have the exact same product that they were selling and installing. Mike and Brian asked where the system could be installed. They asked how to orient the tanks with the computer screen so I was really involved with them from the get-go. It was a really pleasant experience with the installation. The system looks really good too.

With RainSoft, we noticed our skin feels a lot softer. Our skin doesn't feel really tight when we get out of the shower as where we used to. So far, I haven't had to do any maintenance on the system. I went out to the garage the other week where it's installed, and everything checked out to be fine. RainSoft will be sending out a reminder as filters need to be changed. We also have the reverse osmosis system under the sink. I think those filters need to be changed about once a year and it would be every three to five years for the charcoal in the garage. I'll have to add salt to the system periodically too, but they filled up the tub with salt and I'm still well over halfway on my salt level. I've had a really good experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

From a regular scheduled exhibition of the benefits of having a water softener system, we decided it was a good thing to get. The RainSoft reps were very knowledgeable, educational, warm, friendly, funny, and charming. We had the entire system put in minus the CleanStart and the installers were very clean and genial. They were good. So far, my experience has been good.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

The salesman from RainSoft came, discussed the product and showed it to me. It went well for the most part except it seems that he had given me some information that was not fully correct. I searched it and read the information online, and there were two bits of information specifically. One was about the cleaning product that they offer. Initially, there was going to be a five-year supply that you get once a year. What he told us was that we would get it on an ongoing basis once we have the equipment. But he did not mention that we have to do referrals and have so many referrals to qualify for it. Although that was not the trigger for which we bought the equipment, that was something that he said that was not correct and I’m disappointed with that information.

The other thing was that we were talking about the system that apparently was discontinued. The equipment that I eventually got is the one that you access through the software online through your phone. But there was one which we were talking about that I didn’t need access to that. It was probably a more economical value system but apparently, that was not being offered at the time. So I had to end up with a higher cost system.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

When you have a refrigerator that dispenses water and when the dispenser is all cleared up with that white junk, you know there's something wrong with the water. We researched RainSoft on the internet and set up a consultation. They all did a great job. The sales rep came out, did his little thing and showed how hard our water was. I'm waiting for him to come back. He said he was gonna drop me off some soap and I'd like to see it. I would also like for him to show us how good their system has made my water softer now. When I take a shower, I feel squeaky clean, where before I felt like I was all dried up.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I bought something from Home Depot and it led RainSoft to call me. They asked if I would like to talk to their water people. We had a system in Hawaii where we moved from, so it was only a matter of time before we got another system. My interaction with Justin was awesome. He was extremely respectful, thorough, and knowledgeable and he answered all of our questions. He did the testing right in front of us, explained everything very thoroughly as far as what he was doing and what the result of the test meant. It wasn’t just, "Look at this cool trick. I can make the water change colors.”

The installers were both on-point and did a great job in the house. They cleaned everything up and when they left, it looked the way it did when they got there, which is not always true for contractors. The new water has been great. We use the heck out of the faucet and the sink. It’s basically having bottled water on demand. We’ve talked to our friends about RainSoft and made some recommendations. They are off the charts and whatever good could be said should be said.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

We moved here and found out that the water was really hard and so we wanted to have a hardness test. The guy that did the water test was great, even following up with questions that I had after we had the RainSoft system installed. He answered my questions and saved me from having to go through sitting and waiting on the customer line. When the installers put the system in, they ran the line across a valve that couldn't be opened after the fact, so they were called back out to re-plumb the line. The rep Johnny called in the service call for us and took care of it quickly. I just wish that the installers had more attention to detail when they install the system. We also had an issue where the system didn't regenerate and the water backed up in the tank, but it seems to have resolved itself.

The quality of water is quite better now. I got the test strips and tested it a couple times after we had the RainSoft system installed to make sure everything stays good and low and stays down like they are supposed to. It's working the way it's supposed to and we are not using a lot of salt like our old system did at the previous residence.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I bought a house and I did the free Home Depot water test kit. When the results came out, it said that my water was garbage. I was super grossed out and felt a little bit pressure to at least make changes to my drinking water. I called RainSoft and got the system that covers the kitchen faucet, and the installation went fine. I have to change one of the filters once a year, and then RainSoft calls and reminds me to change another one every few years. However, I regret spending that much money on a water filter since I've lived this long without one and I've been fine.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

RainSoft got in contact with us and said that they were gonna do a demonstration with no obligation. So, they came out and checked our water for us and found out quickly that the water supply in our area wasn’t the greatest. The process of setting up for them to come out was very easy. The salesman came out and had all the tools and everything he needed, and he showed us the presentation. He was really good, very professional, and wasn’t pushy. He just showed us his products and what his products can do, and he wanted to know if we were interested in it.

We purchased a whole-house filter. We have the double tank filter on the outside where you gotta put the pellets in. The RainSoft installation team was good. They came out and installed everything, and they had all the tools they needed. It took them about a few hours, but they were very professional and very good. Since the installation, we noticed that there’s a lot more water now, and it seems like our soap suds up more. We don't have to use as much soap. We’re really pleased with the product as a whole.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

A guy came over here to our house and did some tests on the water. He showed us that the water was receiving a lot of dirt and everything that he said was true. I decided to get the filter and have had the RainSoft water system for two months now. It's very good and we can see the difference in the quality of water when we wash the dishes, food and clothes. Everything is fine at this moment. Also, the RainSoft representatives explained everything very clearly and we had good interactions with them.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

We had hard water and didn't want the calcium deposits and buildup in the pipes, fridge and ice cube maker so we were determined to get soft water. RainSoft's rep was great and gave us a lot of information. He had a test kit with him and he did some test samples with the water. He told us all about the system. He had a good sense of humor too and spent quite a lot of time with us. We purchased a whole home system from them, plus the one with the little drinking water. Since it was installed, the water seems softer on my skin. When I wash my hands, my hands aren't as dry as they would be with hard water. I have eczema, so I noticed having the system helped quite a bit. My water tastes better too. I highly recommend RainSoft.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

The water over here is very hard and it has a lot of chemicals in it. I thought of putting in something so that the water would be a bit better because I was drinking bottled water and not water from the faucet. That convinced me to look into water systems. So when RainSoft came up, I thought I would give it a try. The reps came right away and they explained things very well. They had to have a permit, so the guy from the city came and checked everything, and he said everything was okay. But one thing that he wanted to know was that in case there was a plumbing accident, it wouldn’t back up. So they put in something for a backup so that it wouldn’t contaminate my drinking water, and it was all good. I like the way they handled everything.

The installation was done right away and it was very well-done. The water that we wash our dishes with and take a shower with is from the RainSoft system. The drinking water is separate from my pool water and water for the grass. They put a separate tank a separate faucet for the drinking water. I like the RainSoft water system. Our skin really gets nice. My hair and my husband's hair get nice as well, and he loves it. We also get to receive all the soaps and the cleaners, and that helps a lot. The RainSoft water system is wonderful and I would recommend it. We recommended it to a lot of our friends and neighbors.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I was interested in the filter and I wanted something I can drink and to use good water. Setting up for a consultation with RainSoft was a good experience, and there was good communication with the RainSoft rep. He had some tips for the water and he was professional. I purchased the filter system and there has been a big difference since having it installed. The water is very clear and very soft, and it has a very good taste. It is good for everything. I'd recommend RainSoft.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I just moved and the water here was not as good as the water in the city of Baltimore. My son told me about RainSoft and because of his recommendation, I chose to go with them. Their rep showed me the difference between my water and the water that they had. My water had a lot of chemicals and stuff in it. Plus, it was hard. I bought the whole house system. The installers did a good job putting the system in and all went in very well. For maintenance, I have to buy salt for it and just load it in the tank. The system seems to be working fine. When I go take a shower, the water feels softer and the skin doesn't feel as dry.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I had a straightforward consultation with the sales rep from RainSoft. I told them I was interested as the water here in South Florida is always chlorinated. Then, the rep came out, showed me the product and I purchased it. He had good knowledge even though I did my research before and I already knew I was gonna purchase it. The installer was thorough and knew what he was doing. He was polite and cleaned up after himself and I can’t be happier with the installation. I got the reverse osmosis in the kitchen and since I had a previous system, I realized the water is excellent since the RainSoft system was installed. Overall, my whole experience with them was excellent.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Setting up a consultation with the RainSoft rep was pleasant and easy to do. The sales rep was very professional and well-versed in his product. We had hard water and we ended up purchasing the whole system from RainSoft. Their installation team put the system in and they were professional. Since the installation of the system, our water is very much softer. I still have a concern about cloudy water, and they said it would be gone. But there are times when I turn my sink on to get a glass of water, and it's all white. My husband said that it's supposed to be normal in the first months. But he has not followed up on it. Other than that, it was a pleasant experience, and I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

We had a RainSoft rep come out, and he wasn't pushy and trying to sell anything. He showed us and explained everything. He was very good and he did a thing for us to show us how the system does the water. We got the filtration system throughout the house and then we got the thing that filters the water three or four times so it's better than bottled water, just a little spout off the sink. The installer left everything cleaned up and he did great.

I drink a lot of water during the day and I can taste the big difference in water that does not have the system on it. I drink the water that comes out of that little extra spout on the sink and I love it. But I am not impressed at all with the cleaning supplies like the soap. I still buy my own laundry detergent because the laundry detergent does not clean the clothes. Also, I cannot get the RainSoft machine to connect with my phone to remind me about refilling it with salt. Nevertheless, RainSoft is definitely a great product and I advise anybody to put it in their house.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

We're having a great time with our RainSoft water system. I didn't think there was a problem with our water before, but after going through their little sales pitch, it has made sense. I like RainSoft's products, and the reps were fine. The gentleman who did the installation was very efficient, kind and helpful. It took him about an hour to put everything together, and he cleaned up after himself. With RainSoft, our water is much clearer and nicer now. We feel cleaner and the clothes are better.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

RainSoft has been great and the person who sold it to us, Carlos, was amazing. I got the new little boxes on the sink and I also have the total house softener. Since having the system installed, the dryness of my skin has gone down tremendously. I was a big tap water drinker so I did not really notice a lot from a taste perspective but from a peace of mind perspective, I feel a lot better drinking RainSoft water.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My husband picked up a card at Home Depot and filled it out, and then we got a call from a RainSoft representative. A guy named Drew came and he did an amazing job. It was just a very good experience. It was very informative, low-key and low pressure. He went through the reverse osmosis under the sink and water conditioning systems and we've purchased both. Since installing RainSoft, I’ve been having more peace of mind that we're not using the very contaminated water that we had. We’re enjoying having RainSoft for health benefits and we're looking forward to a lot of positive things about it.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

We have really hard water and we’ve had to replace a lot of our appliances because of it, so we began looking into getting a water treatment system. The RainSoft sales representative who came out was great. He was very knowledgeable and easy to talk to, and there was no high pressure, so we felt really good about the experience. At one point, I thought about checking with somebody else, but after the presentation, I felt like we were doing the right thing going with RainSoft. We got the water infiltration system that goes for the house and we also did the drinking water. The installation experience was also very good and it took around three or four hours. Since having the system, there has absolutely been a difference in our water.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

My husband went to get a filter at Home Depot for our refrigerator. This girl had set-up a little desk and she was chatting away. We found out it was about the water and she asked if we wanted a free water evaluation. We thought we were in good shape as we had a filter under the sink and used a faucet on the top of the sink that we used for any filtered water we wanted to drink. The rep from RainSoft was wonderful. He gave us all the time in the world. He didn’t act rushed, answered any question we had, and knew his product. He was just great. We got the whole house water conditioning system and then they have a separate one which absolutely filters the water out all the lead and the chlorine.

The installer came a day after we had paid for it, which is really nice because we were gonna wait 10 days. He knew what he was doing and answered all our questions. The service is great. Since having RainSoft, there’s a softness on our skin whenever we shower. We would tell others to go ahead and buy from RainSoft if they feel like they can afford it. We hedged on the price. My husband did that. But then RainSoft said they’ve got a couple of demonstrators that they use at fairs and at home fairs and they just go back in the box. So we paid less than what they offered, and they negotiated with us. I would also tell others that we’re thrilled with the system. Our health is really better using it, and I’ve also noticed in cleaning that we don’t get the suds that people get in the shower and have to clean up. Also, our shower is much cleaner.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

First of all we did enjoy the system. It did improve the quality of the water and help with skin issue my children were experiencing. Our issue was with how the release line that was ran through the attic. The line was improperly installed and with it causing the line to crimp over a rafter and when it released the pressured water at night it cause nearly 3000 dollars worth of damage. We tried to file this with Home Depot and they use the RainSoft company to determine the cause and it was determined by Rainsoft who installed it that it was a defective line.

That was not what I saw when I check it was crimped over a rafter which more than likely to be the cause of line to crack. I was also told to claim it on my insurance which my deductible was half the amount to avoid insurance premiums from going up. It was all out of pocket. Again would have bought another one since we left it in our rental property and was planning to buy another but have serious reservation due to the installation issue that occurred.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I needed good purification and some people at work and some friends told me that RainSoft is the best system out there. I had the water softener installed and our water has been very good since. Pure water is the best and if you are somebody who showers but doesn't have a RainSoft system, the water feels very hard. But the water feels different now that I have RainSoft. When I take a shower, I don't wanna come out.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

When the RainSoft guy came over, I was so amazed at what he presented. He was very informative and friendly. It was quite an experience and I was very surprised at how the water was. I purchased the water conditioning system at my well and the one for my washer and dryer. The third day after installing RainSoft, I could notice the difference when I was taking a shower. My skin is really slippery-like and it's just so much better.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

The RainSoft sales rep was good, and they did a good job in the installation of our home water filtration system. Everything is okay.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I've had hard water and since having the RainSoft system installed, the water has been a lot softer. I can feel it and we don’t get buildup on our glasses. Also, RainSoft has been good about coming and servicing my system.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.
1953