ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.23/5

Since 1953, RainSoft has been a worldwide leader in providing families with premium water treatment and air purification systems. RainSoft is dedicated to designing, manufacturing and offering the industry's most diverse product line of water and air solutions for families like yours.

Our corporate Customer Focus Team ensures that each and every RainSoft customer is satisfied and exceeds every expectation.

A leader in the water treatment industry since 1953, RainSoft takes the worry out of water.

RainSoft - a Pentair Company Video
RainSoft - a Pentair Company Gallery (1)
View More View More

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

It’s awesome with Rainsoft. I bought a washer and dryer from Home Depot, and I was asked if I wanted to have a water test. It was from there that led me to get Rainsoft. The lady that came out afterwards to do the financing paperwork, and the person that was here to do the water test were great. The system was definitely worth the money, especially with the soap, cleaners and all that stuff with it as well.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I’m involved with some of the sports programs where RainSoft does sponsorships and I’m also familiar with a couple of people that work there through those, which was probably the main reason I called them. I had a unit put in probably 2007, so that would be about 12 years ago. It was an iron filter and a water softener, and the iron filter had failed about a year ago. So, I called the company that put it in. They were saying the iron in my water had changed such that I didn’t have iron anymore and that I didn’t need the iron filter. Also, that I was fine with the test that they ran. But the feel and the smell of the water were drastically different, so the iron filter was doing something in those regards.

I know people from other water places, so I reached out to them and they told me the same thing. I wasn’t satisfied with the answer so I called RainSoft, and they came out and the answers they gave me in two minutes made sense. They definitely knew what they were talking about because it turned out that my suspicion was right. The iron filter was doing something to help with the smell of the water and my arsenic level. When they came out, not only did they answer my question but they gave me three different options. They gave me the different solutions and explained the pros and cons of all those different solutions and the price, which was important. I was on the phone with these other guys for weeks and Danny from RainSoft came out and answered all my questions. I was blown away. I was so impressed with him in explaining the pros and cons so I went with the most expensive option.

I have an iron filter and an Eco Oxytech EC4. One knocks out the iron and the other one knocks out what causes the smell in your water. I had a green-sand filter knocked down the iron, so I noticed that the arsenic level had gone up a little bit. We have the unit and the reverse osmosis system, and with the results that I experienced immediately, the smell went away. Whatever iron I have will get knocked out completely before it even hits the water softener. So, the iron level was drastically less. I’m very happy and I wish I had not dillydallied with the other two places. I should’ve just called RainSoft. I wanted to do my research and get the answers, and I didn’t wanna feel obligated to use RainSoft so, I went to them as a last resort, which was silly on my part. I should’ve just went with them right off the get-go.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

A RainSoft representative told me my water was undrinkable, so I financed a water filtration system. I later found out that they lied about what levels of TDS were acceptable. Their lie is what influenced me to finance the $8,300 system. Now they are refusing to return and refund the system. Do not do any business with this company!

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

1-22-20: Thank you for your message. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction, and apologize that you experienced this issue with your local dealer. We will be contacting your local RainSoft dealer to review this with them, and will get back to you shortly.

UPDATE 1-22-20: We have contacted your RainSoft dealer. They installed your water treatment system on June 21, 2019. They were contacted by you 5 months later on November 20, when you requested that the system be removed. If you are having a specific problem with your water treatment system, please call our corporate Customer Service team at 1-800-860-7638 and they can assist you.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

The lady prejudge my husband and I. She quickly assumed we were not interested. I set up the presentation because I was very interested in the service. Her attitude was very nasty. We asked about the gift card at the end of presentation and she said, "I only had the 1 Home Depot." I asked, "What about the restaurant giftcard." She said, "I do not have it." We asked how is it possible to set up a presentation without the gift cards. Her response was, "I can't give you what I didn't have." She stated, "I figured you would not buy the product." I politely asked her to leave and to keep her giftcard. I was very displeased she got upset because I asked a lot of questions. I left a message with the lady who confirmed the call. I'm waiting for a callback.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

Thank you for your message. We apologize that your local RainSoft dealer failed to meet yours, and our expectations. We strive for 100% satisfaction, and clearly we fell short. Our Customer Service team will be reaching out to your local dealer to better understand and resolve your issue.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

Our daughter has eczema and we looked at the water testing. Our city water was really bad here. We thought that with RainSoft, there would be a really dramatic difference, but there wasn't. A guy came out Monday and wasn't here for very long. He adjusted some settings to see if it would make a difference, but there hasn’t been any yet. I’m not really pleased with the RainSoft system. It’s awful and it is not doing everything that the salesperson said it would. I don’t think it was a good purchase for my family.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft - a Pentair Company?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

The sales representative from RainSoft was very good. I have the water softener and water filter. The person who installed it was friendly. We had another system before, but they were not looking good. So we changed to RainSoft.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

We had Rainsoft for years and liked it, when it wore out, we ordered another unit. They came to install it. After several attempts to fix it (it leaked bleach water from the start). When they couldn't fix it they blamed us for using too much water. We called repeatedly to no satisfaction. I even called the main office. When we asked them to refund our money No couldn't do that, ask them to move it. We were told it would cost us. Now I have an non-working unit never able to use, I'm out $2800 and had to put in Culligan.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

Thank you for contacting us about your issue with your RainSoft system, and frustration in resolving your problem.

We have contacted your installing dealer who informed us that a service tech visited your home on January 17 to repair the feed pump. We understand the system is now properly functioning. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any concerns or questions you may have.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

We had a water softener where we used to live before and we are unsatisfied with that company. Then one night a guy came knocking on our door. When he came across with his promotion, we said that we’d give it a try. He signed us upfront on our property here like we agreed upon and got a good deal from RainSoft Water. Although there was one little blip, it was very easily taken care of. When he gave his promotion, he told us that we wouldn’t need the dishwasher's jet dry anymore. But it didn’t work and the dishes were still wet in the morning. We had to go back to the jet dryer, which worked and dried the dishes. Otherwise, everything else has been going all right with the water softener.

The installer was a very good guy. And the installation went very smoothly. The follow-up guy came and said to we give him a call if there were any problems. We have his card and we’re gonna keep it here. My wife drinks a lot of water and when we moved here, she was complaining of the smell and the taste of the water. But now, the water doesn’t smell anymore and it tastes good. So far, we are satisfied with the operation RainSoft has.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

My water system was dripping and I called for service. The receptionist was very helpful in getting me an appointment the same day. They notified me when the service tech came to my house. He was very knowledgeable and courteous. He explained everything before he fixed the problem. He also informed me what I may need in the future to keep my water system working in great shape. I really appreciated his service and expertise.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

Our previous system which we've had for 14 years died and it needed to be upgraded. The technician that put in the new RainSoft system was great and it is working really well. We had the other guy come back out for an issue, but he fixed that and it's working just fine.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information