4.7/5 (371 ratings)

About RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

RainSoft manufacturers and sells water conditioning and water filtration systems for residential customers. A water expert can visit your home for a free water analysis. RainSoft offers solutions for whole-home hard water conditioning to improve bathing, washing dishes and doing laundry. The company also focuses on drinking water solutions to improve water taste and clarity.

Pros

• Referral program
  • Limited lifetime warranty
  • Free in-home water analysis
  • Energy-efficient options

Cons

• No salt-free softeners
  • Pricing not available online

Bottom Line

RainSoft offers traditional, salt-based water softeners and drinking water carbon filtration systems. Customers can visit the website to schedule a free in-home water analysis and find a local dealer to get a quote.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft Water Treatment Systems?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft - a Pentair Company?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

RainSoft has a good price and the purchase was fine. They went through their whole testing and promotion and that was fine, too. It was a little long for me though ‘cause I knew what he was doing. The installation went very well. The service technicians were very good and did what they needed to do. The thing I really noticed was that when we make coffee in the morning, I used to get indigestion. It might be something else medically with me, but as soon as we changed over to the water filtration, that disappeared. Now I’m enjoying my cup of coffee in the morning. We have it for the whole house, so we feel a little bit cleaner when showering and washing, as well.

But people need to be aware of what has to be connected, what doesn't have to be connected. Like we have our tank inside the house in the garage because we had extra space. We didn’t want to put it outside, so we put it inside. Now, when I first saw the tank, it's big. The technician said he would have to drill through the wall to get it in. I said, “Do the easy part. Just put it inside the house.”

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

We had to reschedule our first water test with RainSoft for when my wife was there. But everything went smooth. Seeing the water test and how the mini filter that they hooked up, how clean it was compared to our water running through it, that alone was enough to be, "Yeah, we need to do something." The water straight out of the tap tastes better and we can feel the difference with the showers.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

I had one salesperson from RainSoft and the conversation started okay. The schedule time was good. It was communicated that the presentation would be for half an hour, but it went for more than two hours. But the installer did whatever he needed to do. Only thing, he installed the ultra light that is exactly behind the humidifier filter. Because my furnace is on for heating, I’m not able to increase the humidity level inside the house. It looks like it is exactly behind the humidifier filter. Because any light will emit the heat, it’s possible that it is drying out the water that is routed through the filter. That needs to be corrected. The salesman told me that he’s going to come after one month. He called me but we had our Diwali festival in the first week of November. I mentioned that he can come after Diwali. But Diwali is gone, and one month passed, I still didn’t hear anything from the sales representative.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

When I moved here, I want to start afresh. RainSoft called us from Home Depot and they wanted to come and show me something. So I said, “Yeah, sure.” The company did an awesome presentation job. It wasn't just, the rep came and said, “Hey, taste this water and taste this one.” He explained what the whole water process and how the city cleans it and what we're drinking. It was very helpful. He could sell you anything. He was very patient. He answered all my questions. I had to go because I was working. He ran over his time and he wrapped it up quickly. He understood. It wasn't like he got frustrated because he had to cut his presentation in half. And the guy convinced me because at the time it was not in the budget. I buy a lot of bottled water. Not only will it save me time and money, but I wouldn't have to be worried all the time about the water I use for cooking.

The people who installed were very good. Usually, when people install things, we end up having to clean a mess. But they left everything neat and clean. It was raining that day. They even took off their shoes. They respected my home. The last person that came was the inspector to make sure everything was installed right. He answered whatever questions I had remembered to ask this time.

At first, I didn't like the water. The texture was weird to me. But now, I'm used to the water. My son likes it, and he drinks a lot of water. I just find that when the water sits where the dish rack is, it also turns pink. I figured, with the salt and the whole process, that wouldn't happen anymore. But it is happening. Almost the same as it was happening in the old house. Other than that, I'm very happy.

I know it's costly and not within my budget. I'm making extra ways of putting it into my budget. But I find it worth it. I've tried to convince my sisters, but they said, “I don't know. Let's see how you feel in six months.” So the price is the only thing that would deter anyone from going ahead and getting it. Other than that, it's great. I've even had a plumber come by and he has the same thing. He also sells purifiers. He could have said to me, “This is bad. Let me give you my stuff” but he said, “Hey, this is great water.” He also gave it a good rating and said that it was a wonderful idea that I did it. Because after a while, my pipes would start corroding with the kind of sewage system we have here. A lot of people should look into it. Too bad, it's not that affordable.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

The consultation with the rep went unbelievably well. We have a sales rep company and we'd hire him in a second. He had a little presentation on his iPad. It wasn't like one of those boring ones. He referred to it when the subject came up and had a lot of little stories. He was very well-informed about the system. The installation was very quick and they ran through the whole system with us. We had hard water buildup all over the counters before we had RainSoft but we don't have that anymore. The clothes are better. They seem to be cleaner.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

We have been aware of the current water situation in our country and in the couple of places we have lived in recent years. So we looked into RainSoft and we liked the presentation and what it brought to us. So, we went for it. After having it for a month or two, we are very happy with the result and the quality of the water. In bathing and cleaning ourselves, it has been a lot better and nicer on our skin. Not as dry. And it feels like it’s weighted down from whatever was in the water before. Also, our drinking water is great. We used to have a cooler where we had five gallon jugs, and we have gotten rid of that. We just use our little tap in the kitchen. So, that's great. And we have also noticed that cleaning has been a lot easier.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

We've had RainSoft now for a while and we've been very happy with it. It uses the salt and the dechlorinator. RainSoft also offered a $25 Home Depot gift card, which I did get. The install happened immediately, too.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

We had an older system and then we had to replace it. The individual explained everything and installed it. With this newer system, I don't have to replace the salt as much. The water is soft.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

We bought both the clothes washer system and the softener with the three tanks from Sunrun and setting up the system was nice and simple. The rep was efficient about it and it’s still going good. At first, you see the big difference and now, you don't notice a difference. But if you go back to the old system, you would see a big difference. It's one of those things that you get acclimated to.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

The RainSoft water test consultant came out to my house. He was able to explain the chemistry, how it works, what the install would consist of, and why it worked. And the demonstration with the chemicals, he compared it to my pool water. He did a very thorough job and was very personable. The techs were significantly challenged to install it because of the way the water comes into the home and everything. They went above and beyond. I went through a lot of bottled water because I didn't like the taste of the tap water. But I don't do that anymore. I also no longer filter my pet water or coffee water. I also noticed a significant difference in the feel with the different soaps. Stop drinking bottled water and having to recycle all that plastic. It's gonna pay for itself. Take a look at it if you don't like the taste of your water. It's amazingly different.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

I'm very pleased with the function of the equipment but I got ripped off as part of the sales presentation. We were told that a perk in buying the system was we would get free soap and household cleaning materials for the next years. But when we went on, it was a misrepresentation. What RainSoft gave us was points to use on purchases with a cap. So, it was like buying triple price cleaning materials and getting half price off on them and still spending more than double than you would in the store. We were very displeased about that.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

The guy came, showed me the amount of junk in my water, talked to me about the different products RainSoft had, and I picked the stuff I wanted. I have the drinking water filters put in under my kitchen sink and the water treatment system that's in my garage. Also, I've been using all of RainSoft's products and I love them. I use a lot less soap, and I don't have to buy fabric softener. My skin and hair are better. I don't use a bunch of conditioner and junk in my hair. Their cleaning products are awesome. And just cleaning with fresh, clean, pure water makes a huge difference.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

The guy came, gave us the demo, we were convinced to purchase the system and we went through it. The installers knew what they were doing and it was all good. I found RainSoft as a very good product. It has had a lot of difference. The skin dryness were our most common issues. My daughter has eczema and she no more complains about being dry. She also used to complain about the clothes. It is a bit expensive when it is compared with other brands. I wish they could work out the prices. Otherwise, it's 100% good. I recommended RainSoft to my knowns and friends.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

RainSoft called the one day, then came the same day and installed it then. It was a lot faster than I thought it would. We had two little kids running around and the tech would always let us take care of the kids quickly. Or if we had a question, he would be able to answer anything. He was a nice guy. We got the salt bin downstairs and the drinking water one underneath the kitchen sink. We also got that UV one that goes into the furnace.

I took a shower right away after it was installed. I said, "Wow, what a difference." Also, my coffee tastes a lot better, our clothes are a lot cleaner and the fabric started turning softer. We also don't see that scale build-up anymore on our glass shower door and in the sink. RainSoft keeps in contact with us to make sure everything is running right and they will come out once a year and check it. They said the only thing I got to do is keep up with the salt. But the salts haven't gone down at all. So far, there is virtually no upkeep. RainSoft is the best choice of life.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2021

We're very pleased with the way we were treated and with how everything was done. RainSoft cleaned up beautifully after themselves. When everything with the installation was completed, everything was explained to us. We use the system very happily. We have the extra faucet now on our sink and we get the drinking water and the water that I cook with from there. It's convenient. Now that I have adjusted to the difference in taste, I'm pleased with the taste of the water.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

We had a bit of an issue with the installation. Some people showed up to my house when they weren't supposed to and tried to open my gates. My pregnant wife saw it on a video camera and freaked out. Aside from that, it was good. You feel a difference in the water.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

The guy from RainSoft that came out was nice. The water tastes 1,000% better. We also noticed a difference in using the soap because it doesn't take as much as it used to. Our skin feels better, too.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I was at Home Depot and the presentation that was given was thorough, and I thought that RainSoft was a good product. I feel silky smooth after I'm done with a shower. Also, the clothes are much softer after a wash. Also, my eczema flare ups are less severe. I like the rinse off products as well. The soap works very well with the treatmeant of the water. The system is flawless in terms of the repairs. The reps came out and fixed the salt level, because they said it was a little high. So, that was really good.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

We have the RainSoft system hooked up in our garage with a line through the wall to our hook-up to the city. The installer gave us a full explanation of the system and walked us through all the different aspects of it once it was completed. He was pretty efficient. He just got right at it and worked at it. Since we had the system installed, the water tastes good and we use less cleaning products when we're doing anything. The only downside is that my wife has to find the right hair product. Whatever she uses doesn't really come out of her hair well because of the softness of the water. But in her words, "That's a small price to pay for all the other benefits we have with them."

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

Maintaining the RainSoft system is basically nothing. I just add salt. With the system, the water is clean when I take a shower. Also, it's better to use the recommended soap for RainSoft products. Additionally, if you get the washing detergent system, you don’t need to get detergent for your house.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

Everything was good with the installation. The guys were very nice. Now that we have the system, the water tastes better.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

The rep who did the water test was very upfront, honest, and not pushy. The guy who installed my system blocked the access to my sprinkler system. I called and RainSoft was like, "We'll have him come out and move it right away." He was supposed to come that week but he didn't come until I called a second time. And then he came the following week. So, it was three weeks that my sprinkler system was blocked which isn't a really big deal. But it was like I didn't care when he came. I wanted him to come sooner than later so it was a little aggravating. But other than that, it was fine and he was very polite. He apologized and moved the system.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

We got a little packet in the mail from RainSoft asking for a water sample and I sent it back, and then they came out to do the testing, and then we got the system. Installation was done in under 24 hours from when the analyst came and they were in and out in under an hour. Everything was explained perfectly. It was great. Since having the system, the shower feels completely different. The laundry feels completely different. Drinking water is excellent. We won't drink anything anywhere else at this point. We're taking our water with us everywhere.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

My water was not great and now that I got RainSoft, I got better water. It tastes better. It doesn't smell like chlorine like it was before. If you had the extra money hanging around, getting RainSoft is worth it.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

Our water felt gritty and there was always a film in our tubs and the color of the water was brown. We got RainSoft and everything went smoothly with the installation. Now that we have the system, the color, the smell and the feel of the water is softer. Our clothes are cleaner, too. I feel, all around, our water's a lot better. It's a great service. I love it. You should get RainSoft. It will improve your water and will help keep your appliances running in the long-run. It's a great system.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

When I moved in, there was a RainSoft set up already in the home and I just updated it. The representative I worked with was very nice. Since the upgrade, there's a huge difference because the feel of the water, the smell of my laundry and everything are different.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

After doing the testing, we found that our water supply was crappy. It had a lot of chemicals and stuff in it or particles. With RainSoft, we noticed a difference in our skin that it's softer and it rinses out much better in the wash. My husband had a rash for years that he could never get to go away and it's gone. We love RainSoft. The installers were very knowledgeable and accommodating. We showed them where we wanted the system and they said they could put it there. They were good to work with.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

I like RainSoft and I’m enjoying the system very much. The water is softer and seems cleaner. Brian, the installer, did a fantastic job. He was professional and efficient. He brought everything out and installed it. There was no wasted movement and he knew exactly what he was doing.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

The RainSoft softener is great. My wife has eczema and that all went away ever since we started using it. The only thing that I'm not happy with is the air solution thing. Within the first week, a bulb went out in it and I haven't been able to figure out who to contact about the bulb or if I need to buy one or if that's under a warranty.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

The installation of the RainSoft water treatment system took a little bit longer than I expected but it went fine, and things are hooked up and working well. Now, my eyes don’t burn in my shower and the water is a lot cleaner. I can drink the other water from the sink and it’s not disgusting.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information