4.53/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1953, RainSoft has been a worldwide leader in providing families with premium water treatment and air purification systems. RainSoft is dedicated to designing, manufacturing and offering the industry's most diverse product line of water and air solutions for families like yours.

Our corporate Customer Focus Team ensures that each and every RainSoft customer is satisfied and exceeds every expectation. If you have a question, comment or concern, we encourage you to contact us directly at 1-800-RAINSOFT and ask to speak with our customer service group.

A leader in the water treatment industry since 1953, RainSoft takes the worry out of water.

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc. Video
RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc. Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2249 RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I bought a house and I did the free Home Depot water test kit. When the results came out, it said that my water was garbage. I was super grossed out and felt a little bit pressure to at least make changes to my drinking water. I called RainSoft and got the system that covers the kitchen faucet, and the installation went fine. I have to change one of the filters once a year, and then RainSoft calls and reminds me to change another one every few years. However, I regret spending that much money on a water filter since I've lived this long without one and I've been fine.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

RainSoft got in contact with us and said that they were gonna do a demonstration with no obligation. So, they came out and checked our water for us and found out quickly that the water supply in our area wasn’t the greatest. The process of setting up for them to come out was very easy. The salesman came out and had all the tools and everything he needed, and he showed us the presentation. He was really good, very professional, and wasn’t pushy. He just showed us his products and what his products can do, and he wanted to know if we were interested in it.

We purchased a whole-house filter. We have the double tank filter on the outside where you gotta put the pellets in. The RainSoft installation team was good. They came out and installed everything, and they had all the tools they needed. It took them about a few hours, but they were very professional and very good. Since the installation, we noticed that there’s a lot more water now, and it seems like our soap suds up more. We don't have to use as much soap. We’re really pleased with the product as a whole.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

A guy came over here to our house and did some tests on the water. He showed us that the water was receiving a lot of dirt and everything that he said was true. I decided to get the filter and have had the RainSoft water system for two months now. It's very good and we can see the difference in the quality of water when we wash the dishes, food and clothes. Everything is fine at this moment. Also, the RainSoft representatives explained everything very clearly and we had good interactions with them.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

We had hard water and didn't want the calcium deposits and buildup in the pipes, fridge and ice cube maker so we were determined to get soft water. RainSoft's rep was great and gave us a lot of information. He had a test kit with him and he did some test samples with the water. He told us all about the system. He had a good sense of humor too and spent quite a lot of time with us. We purchased a whole home system from them, plus the one with the little drinking water. Since it was installed, the water seems softer on my skin. When I wash my hands, my hands aren't as dry as they would be with hard water. I have eczema, so I noticed having the system helped quite a bit. My water tastes better too. I highly recommend RainSoft.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

The water over here is very hard and it has a lot of chemicals in it. I thought of putting in something so that the water would be a bit better because I was drinking bottled water and not water from the faucet. That convinced me to look into water systems. So when RainSoft came up, I thought I would give it a try. The reps came right away and they explained things very well. They had to have a permit, so the guy from the city came and checked everything, and he said everything was okay. But one thing that he wanted to know was that in case there was a plumbing accident, it wouldn’t back up. So they put in something for a backup so that it wouldn’t contaminate my drinking water, and it was all good. I like the way they handled everything.

The installation was done right away and it was very well-done. The water that we wash our dishes with and take a shower with is from the RainSoft system. The drinking water is separate from my pool water and water for the grass. They put a separate tank a separate faucet for the drinking water. I like the RainSoft water system. Our skin really gets nice. My hair and my husband's hair get nice as well, and he loves it. We also get to receive all the soaps and the cleaners, and that helps a lot. The RainSoft water system is wonderful and I would recommend it. We recommended it to a lot of our friends and neighbors.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I was interested in the filter and I wanted something I can drink and to use good water. Setting up for a consultation with RainSoft was a good experience, and there was good communication with the RainSoft rep. He had some tips for the water and he was professional. I purchased the filter system and there has been a big difference since having it installed. The water is very clear and very soft, and it has a very good taste. It is good for everything. I'd recommend RainSoft.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I just moved and the water here was not as good as the water in the city of Baltimore. My son told me about RainSoft and because of his recommendation, I chose to go with them. Their rep showed me the difference between my water and the water that they had. My water had a lot of chemicals and stuff in it. Plus, it was hard. I bought the whole house system. The installers did a good job putting the system in and all went in very well. For maintenance, I have to buy salt for it and just load it in the tank. The system seems to be working fine. When I go take a shower, the water feels softer and the skin doesn't feel as dry.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I had a straightforward consultation with the sales rep from RainSoft. I told them I was interested as the water here in South Florida is always chlorinated. Then, the rep came out, showed me the product and I purchased it. He had good knowledge even though I did my research before and I already knew I was gonna purchase it. The installer was thorough and knew what he was doing. He was polite and cleaned up after himself and I can’t be happier with the installation. I got the reverse osmosis in the kitchen and since I had a previous system, I realized the water is excellent since the RainSoft system was installed. Overall, my whole experience with them was excellent.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Setting up a consultation with the RainSoft rep was pleasant and easy to do. The sales rep was very professional and well-versed in his product. We had hard water and we ended up purchasing the whole system from RainSoft. Their installation team put the system in and they were professional. Since the installation of the system, our water is very much softer. I still have a concern about cloudy water, and they said it would be gone. But there are times when I turn my sink on to get a glass of water, and it's all white. My husband said that it's supposed to be normal in the first months. But he has not followed up on it. Other than that, it was a pleasant experience, and I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

We had a RainSoft rep come out, and he wasn't pushy and trying to sell anything. He showed us and explained everything. He was very good and he did a thing for us to show us how the system does the water. We got the filtration system throughout the house and then we got the thing that filters the water three or four times so it's better than bottled water, just a little spout off the sink. The installer left everything cleaned up and he did great.

I drink a lot of water during the day and I can taste the big difference in water that does not have the system on it. I drink the water that comes out of that little extra spout on the sink and I love it. But I am not impressed at all with the cleaning supplies like the soap. I still buy my own laundry detergent because the laundry detergent does not clean the clothes. Also, I cannot get the RainSoft machine to connect with my phone to remind me about refilling it with salt. Nevertheless, RainSoft is definitely a great product and I advise anybody to put it in their house.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

We're having a great time with our RainSoft water system. I didn't think there was a problem with our water before, but after going through their little sales pitch, it has made sense. I like RainSoft's products, and the reps were fine. The gentleman who did the installation was very efficient, kind and helpful. It took him about an hour to put everything together, and he cleaned up after himself. With RainSoft, our water is much clearer and nicer now. We feel cleaner and the clothes are better.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

RainSoft has been great and the person who sold it to us, Carlos, was amazing. I got the new little boxes on the sink and I also have the total house softener. Since having the system installed, the dryness of my skin has gone down tremendously. I was a big tap water drinker so I did not really notice a lot from a taste perspective but from a peace of mind perspective, I feel a lot better drinking RainSoft water.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My husband picked up a card at Home Depot and filled it out, and then we got a call from a RainSoft representative. A guy named Drew came and he did an amazing job. It was just a very good experience. It was very informative, low-key and low pressure. He went through the reverse osmosis under the sink and water conditioning systems and we've purchased both. Since installing RainSoft, I’ve been having more peace of mind that we're not using the very contaminated water that we had. We’re enjoying having RainSoft for health benefits and we're looking forward to a lot of positive things about it.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

We have really hard water and we’ve had to replace a lot of our appliances because of it, so we began looking into getting a water treatment system. The RainSoft sales representative who came out was great. He was very knowledgeable and easy to talk to, and there was no high pressure, so we felt really good about the experience. At one point, I thought about checking with somebody else, but after the presentation, I felt like we were doing the right thing going with RainSoft. We got the water infiltration system that goes for the house and we also did the drinking water. The installation experience was also very good and it took around three or four hours. Since having the system, there has absolutely been a difference in our water.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

My husband went to get a filter at Home Depot for our refrigerator. This girl had set-up a little desk and she was chatting away. We found out it was about the water and she asked if we wanted a free water evaluation. We thought we were in good shape as we had a filter under the sink and used a faucet on the top of the sink that we used for any filtered water we wanted to drink. The rep from RainSoft was wonderful. He gave us all the time in the world. He didn’t act rushed, answered any question we had, and knew his product. He was just great. We got the whole house water conditioning system and then they have a separate one which absolutely filters the water out all the lead and the chlorine.

The installer came a day after we had paid for it, which is really nice because we were gonna wait 10 days. He knew what he was doing and answered all our questions. The service is great. Since having RainSoft, there’s a softness on our skin whenever we shower. We would tell others to go ahead and buy from RainSoft if they feel like they can afford it. We hedged on the price. My husband did that. But then RainSoft said they’ve got a couple of demonstrators that they use at fairs and at home fairs and they just go back in the box. So we paid less than what they offered, and they negotiated with us. I would also tell others that we’re thrilled with the system. Our health is really better using it, and I’ve also noticed in cleaning that we don’t get the suds that people get in the shower and have to clean up. Also, our shower is much cleaner.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

First of all we did enjoy the system. It did improve the quality of the water and help with skin issue my children were experiencing. Our issue was with how the release line that was ran through the attic. The line was improperly installed and with it causing the line to crimp over a rafter and when it released the pressured water at night it cause nearly 3000 dollars worth of damage. We tried to file this with Home Depot and they use the RainSoft company to determine the cause and it was determined by Rainsoft who installed it that it was a defective line.

That was not what I saw when I check it was crimped over a rafter which more than likely to be the cause of line to crack. I was also told to claim it on my insurance which my deductible was half the amount to avoid insurance premiums from going up. It was all out of pocket. Again would have bought another one since we left it in our rental property and was planning to buy another but have serious reservation due to the installation issue that occurred.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I needed good purification and some people at work and some friends told me that RainSoft is the best system out there. I had the water softener installed and our water has been very good since. Pure water is the best and if you are somebody who showers but doesn't have a RainSoft system, the water feels very hard. But the water feels different now that I have RainSoft. When I take a shower, I don't wanna come out.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

When the RainSoft guy came over, I was so amazed at what he presented. He was very informative and friendly. It was quite an experience and I was very surprised at how the water was. I purchased the water conditioning system at my well and the one for my washer and dryer. The third day after installing RainSoft, I could notice the difference when I was taking a shower. My skin is really slippery-like and it's just so much better.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

The RainSoft sales rep was good, and they did a good job in the installation of our home water filtration system. Everything is okay.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I've had hard water and since having the RainSoft system installed, the water has been a lot softer. I can feel it and we don’t get buildup on our glasses. Also, RainSoft has been good about coming and servicing my system.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

We drink a lot of water but when we moved to Florida, we realized we couldn't drink the faucet water so we were buying a lot of water in the store. That was one reason for which we had already considered getting a water system. But my wife set up the initial meeting with RainSoft to have the water tested and having the water tested and seeing what was in it cemented the fact that we needed to get it done. The representative went through a lot of different examples and showed us the difference between what was coming out of the sink and what could be coming out of the sink if we got the service. He was very knowledgeable and he even tested our bottled water because I wanted to know what was in that as well.

We got the second tier product that was to do with the softener and the installer was very friendly and personable. I thought it was gonna be hard to find those blocks of salt that I needed for the water softener but it was easy. So everything's running fine and smoothly. Everything is great. The system conditions the water and removes the impurities for the whole house. The water itself tastes different which is a plus because I would never drink faucet water. We also have an ice maker so that definitely helps to always have cold water. We don't have to worry about purchasing gallons in bottled water anymore.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

We have to have a water softener where we live and we had someone from Home Depot come out when we moved to a new house. The representative that came was great, although the problem that I have with RainSoft is the way that they described the financing. It was very misleading and when my husband and I got the bill, we wound up paying more. We owed more than what we originally financed because of the interest charges. We were paying more in interest, $113, and $13 is going to the principal. It has to change the way that it is directed to the customer. I paid it off last week with all my tax return and commissions my husband had, so I won't get stuck with that bill.

Either it was not explained well enough or the rep was not well-versed in what he was talking about as far as the financing part goes. I had financed everything else with no interest for five years, equal payments, and I was expecting RainSoft to be something similar to that, but I got the bill and I had a heart attack. The financing thing threw me for a loop and turned me off to it. They are really expensive, but we are really happy with. We set the system up the day after we moved in and I could definitely tell a difference.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

We had hard water and I wanted to protect my appliances and everything. Setting up a consultation with RainSoft was fairly easy. I just set up the appointment online, and the rep showed up at the appropriate time and did his spiel. He was very professional. He said it would take about an hour, and he was right on-point with that. I knew what the report was gonna come out based on the municipal water analysis, and his findings were nearly identical to that. He did a very good job of explaining everything that he did.

I got a water softener and conditioner from RainSoft and two installers showed up. There was a water softener that had been previously at the residence prior to us moving in. The piping was already there. So, they were in and out there in half an hour. They were super quick and efficient. And they were both very professional as well.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Setting up the appointment with RainSoft went fine and the representative that came to my home for the consultation was good. He showed me the difference and what the actual benefits of having the system were. I purchased the outdoor box thing. However, the installation team was not so hot. They didn’t hook up my unit correctly and they made a big mess in my front yard, burying in the pipes or wires that they needed to do. I contacted the place because it was giving me an alarm all the time because it wasn’t hooked up correctly.

They sent someone out who said that a part was bad, and they set me up in another appointment for someone to come out and replace that part. The guy came out to replace the part and said that it wasn’t the part that was bad, it just wasn’t hooked up right. All in all, it took me two weeks to get it installed because I was waiting on other people to come out to verify and fix the problems that weren’t completed right the first time. I see no difference whatsoever since having the system installed and I don’t know if the water is cleaner. It doesn’t even feel like it has changed at all.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

We heard about RainSoft Water Treatment Systems through a friend of ours who had their system installed. We set up our consultations with the sales representatives over the phone and they've been very good in helping us. They were able to schedule a time that worked well for us. The person who came to us for our consultation was good too. He knew his products and helped us find the one that worked best for us. We purchased the full RO System for our drinking water and the salt system for the rest of the house. The installation team was good as well and they explained the system to us. Since we’ve had the system installed, our water has been better and softer.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Don’t waste your money. We paid the system off in December and it took a crap by February. Service is $165 a hr plus parts. The WORST customer service, they just want your money. I seriously recommend looking elsewhere for your money.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

My parents have a RainSoft system and I grew up with soft water my whole life. And I mentioned it to my girlfriend. We wanted to do a test to see how soft our water was already and had a water test done through Home Depot, but the water ended up being hard. Our interactions with RainSoft's sales rep were great. He was very personable, on time and answered all our questions. It was an all-around good experience. The demonstrations were very good and the information was very clear and concise. We bought the whole home system and the reverse osmosis filter underneath the sink as well. However, after the part where they gimmick you into a bunch of gift cards, the gift cards are not necessarily gift cards per se.

The installation was quick and prompt. I was not there, but my girlfriend was. She said they came in and explained to her how to use the system. With it, the water spots on our shower door aren’t as evident. And you can definitely feel a difference in the shower as well. Also, my girlfriend complained about dry skin before and now, I don’t think she has complained as much. We’ve recommended RainSoft. The system is expensive to buy, but it is an investment for your health. It’s also beneficial for the longevity of the appliances in the home.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

RainSoft called me and it was pretty good setting up my consultation with their rep. The sales rep who came out explained everything to us and everything made sense. Then, they did the installation quick and did everything. Since the installation, there’s a big difference in the drinking water.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Our water stunk and I know that my dad had a water treatment system when we were in a Lauderhill Lake 30 years ago. The guy that showed us the RainSoft Water Treatment system was nice and knowledgeable. The installation guy was nice too. He asked me where I wanted it. Some of the old sediment got caught up in one of the pipes in the kitchen though but he fixed it. He was very professional. Since having the treatment system installed, the difference in my water has been night and day. I can get a cup of water right from the drinking faucet now. I would recommend RainSoft.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

My wife wanted a water treatment system because of the hard water that we had. Setting up a consultation with RainSoft was easy. They called and set up a meeting over the phone. The rep who came was very personable and friendly. Thereafter, we had a water treatment system installed in our basement. The tech came out and installed everything quickly. He then went through a little tutorial with me. Since then, water has definitely been softer and it doesn't leave as much soap or hard water stains anywhere. I didn't have any issues to deal with after installation and things have been great.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information

RainSoft, A Division of Aquion, Inc.
1953