4.7/5 (371 ratings)

About RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

RainSoft manufacturers and sells water conditioning and water filtration systems for residential customers. A water expert can visit your home for a free water analysis. RainSoft offers solutions for whole-home hard water conditioning to improve bathing, washing dishes and doing laundry. The company also focuses on drinking water solutions to improve water taste and clarity.

Pros

• Referral program
  • Limited lifetime warranty
  • Free in-home water analysis
  • Energy-efficient options

Cons

• No salt-free softeners
  • Pricing not available online

Bottom Line

RainSoft offers traditional, salt-based water softeners and drinking water carbon filtration systems. Customers can visit the website to schedule a free in-home water analysis and find a local dealer to get a quote.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft Water Treatment Systems?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft - a Pentair Company?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

We get lots of soapy bubbles now that we had their system installed and the commodes don't have the ring on them quite as much. Also, the water tastes good. We're drinking the water straight from the faucet so we save a lot from not buying water bottles. And we don't have to use as much shampoo anymore. The bottle lasts longer. We also got something for the laundry and I don't have to use as much laundry detergent now.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

RainSoft's sales rep was awesome and their technicians were very professional. The guy that came out to do the install and went over the system with me was also great. However, there is the app that I have never been able to connect my phone with the part itself. So, I have no idea what I'm doing with that. It just sits down there and I wish it was easier to set up. But I use the system and my water feels cleaner. It tastes better and I know that there's not a ton of junk going into my body like there was before.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

The installer was a very nice person, but he drilled the supports into the drywall and the next day, it fell out. So we had somebody come back out and drill it in the studs where it was supposed to be. But the guy who came out to fix the mounting issue needed to have been better prepared. He had no lumber with him at all. A pre-stage silt filter was mounted before the actual units themselves. It was installed in the drywall with just mollies. There was no stud in the middle. I had to go out in the garage and find him a piece of wood to screw into the studs so that he could mount the filter on the wood. It's not a big issue as far as I'm concerned because I happened to have the wood. But if I hadn't, then he’d have had to leave and go find some wood and come back, and the whole process would have gotten lengthened considerably. Other than that, he was professional. I had no problems with his attitude and the level of his workmanship.

Since our tannin problem was so severe, the guy who installed the system promised to come back in a month and check the filter, but we haven't seen him. We don't really need him to come out. It’s just that when somebody promises something, I have a real problem when they don't follow through. I get frustrated.

Our tannin situation is so severe that we're changing the filter every two weeks. If he showed up, that's the input we’d give him.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I purchased a TC water softener from Florida Energy Water and Air. This water softener killed all of the grass between it and the where the water drains out to the sewer. Another tech was sent out that stated the first tech dug the discharge 2 feet deep when it is supposed to be at least 6 and that he had corrected the issue. My grass never regrew and the discharge pipe is constantly pushed out of the tube. When I scheduled another tech, they ghosted me and never showed, then the company scheduled me an appointment for two weeks out. Horrible customer service. I do not recommend. This product will kill your yard and Florida Energy Water and Air doesn’t care about helping you after they have your money.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

Dear Quentin,

We appreciate you making us aware of the problems you have experienced with the installation of your RainSoft system. At this time we understand Florida Energy, Water and Air has fixed the drain line and is scheduled to replace the dead grass tomorrow. We apologize for the difficulties you have experienced with your local dealer and for falling short of your expectations. Please contact us directly if we can be of any further assistance.

Kind Regards.

RainSoft Customer Service

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

There was a promotion at Home Depot and the rep I worked with didn't speak English very well so it was a little bit hard to understand her. I didn't even know what I was signing up for. Then, a representative from Quality came by and they did a little display kind of thing. The rep was really informative and the system is something we wanted and we were interested because our house is brand-new and the city has really hard water. Since having the system, the main thing that I've noticed is I don't have to use a squeegee to keep the shower clean anymore. The glass stays clean. Another thing is everybody's acne has cleared up.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

The sales representative from Rainsoft was by far the greatest guy ever. He was spot-on. We had a major problem where our system was full of water. They came and fixed it. Now, it hasn't used any salt at all. We just figured this out the other day. We thought maybe it was just because sometimes you have to go in and hit it a little, but now, it's not even using any, so we are so confused. We went from loving this, and two days into it, it was nothing but water because the guy only put two bags of salt in it. So, they had to replace something. We have the whole house system. My hair and skin were horrible and we never drank water at all. Now, the water is definitely softer. My hair and my skin are better and we're drinking water.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

RainSoft is great. We have pretty hard water and it was messing up things, including the showers and the coffeemaker. But since having the water system, taking a shower is a different experience. It doesn't take near as much soap. We're happy with the system. It cycles as needed so it doesn't use a lot of salt though. But I expected more salt to be used because I'm used to the system I had before where it always ran every night. So now, I have to remind myself to go check the level of salt too.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

The sales rep and the tech were fabulous. Since getting the system, our water tastes and cleans better.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

The salesman did a good sales pitch. He was a good salesman. Home Depot is working with the RainSoft people. Home Depot stands behind the product and they're good installers. So, it's all good. But I do want a follow-up visit because I want my water tested again and to check the system if it's working.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

RainSoft's rep was well-mannered and he walked me through everything. But he said that he needed to put a sign out front for my house so that the men who came to install it would know where to go and I still have a sign. I had to call them to ask them to please take it. I feel like it was free advertising and I'm not impressed about that. Other than that, the installers did a great job. Before the heating element ring was starting to turn all white on my a brand-new dishwasher but now that's no longer the case. It's back to its original color. My bathtub and faucets are also a lot cleaner, plus I'm not getting the soap scum or the calcium buildup on the glassware. So, that's good.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

We have the system with RainSoft where they put the stuff back in so you can drink the water and it tastes a lot better. Washing clothes is a lot easier and showering takes a little getting used to but you come out a lot cleaner. The dishwasher is a lot cleaner too and there are no streaks and smell. You should make sure though that you have a filter in your ice cube maker because we just moved in here and we don’t have an ice filter on it. I understand that the system takes all the stuff out but some reason, I don't have anything for the ice cube maker so it's not tasting very well. But other than that, everything's going good.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I had a representative that would come and service the equipment every two years. COVID came so everything got messed up. I called my representative but the person in charge retired. My system stopped working since early part of the year. And I thought, “Okay. I need to have this looked at.” So I went online and got another service rep. He came out and looked at the system. He said, “Okay. I recommend that you upgrade.” So we did. It was still RainSoft but they took the old system out and upgraded to a newer one. I have better water now. Because the old system stopped working because it's mechanical. After 20 years, technology changes. The tech always comes and changes the water filter for the sink in the kitchen.

The only problem that I had was he gave me a big discount on the new one because I already had the old system. I went to either Lowe's or Home Depot and looked for water softeners, RainSoft was much higher than a new one there, but when I talked to the representative, he said something about the service. I had RainSoft so he gave me a good price on the new one.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

BEWARE. Where do I start? The salesman. He came to the house to sell the Rainsoft equipment. He tried to also sell us his book and some steaks. We foolishly bought the water softener, the Airmaster, and the Cleanstart for washer. He wanted to have them come install that evening. We asked to wait until the next day at least. When they showed up to install, they did not have all the equipment and didn’t tell me until they had already started. During this installation, they ripped the door halfway off the dishwasher and hit the fridge, leaving a nice dent and scratch. They did reimburse us for the fridge door AFTER MIKE called us on a Saturday morning being extremely rude saying they didn’t want to pay. I had to call the main office for them to do something.

They installed the equipment they had on hand and said they would come back. When they came back, they were there until well after 10pm. (I do understand technical issues, I work in networking.) However, they went to leave, and I had to point out to them that the lights weren’t on for the airmaster, so they had tried to leave it unfinished. Soon after this, we noticed that the water was coming out as pure salt first thing in the morning. Turns out, they had installed the drainage pipe wrong, so it wasn’t being cleaned out properly. They came back again to fix it and also found out that the cleanstart had not been working the entire time. So basically, we had been paying a substantial amount for equipment that never worked.

Every time they came to our home, they broke something or did something wrong. I just looked inside the tank this morning and it is FULL of dirty water and no salt. This is their ‘finished’ job. I’ll post a picture if I’m able. This has been nothing but a hassle, and I sincerely wish we never got involved. Hopefully I can save others from making this same mistake, because the stress of this has been detrimental to our family. Please be careful. -HC

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

The price of the unit is considerably more than most other units out there. The system didn't do everything RainSoft said it would, but it helped. Also, the technician was great.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

When we bought our home, RainSoft came and tested our water. They showed us exactly what was in the water and how we could fix it. And we bought the system. The water is the best water we can drink. A few of my friends have got the system because of my husband and I. And we were kidding around that we became water snobs because we carry our water bottles everywhere. We go to New York for Thanksgiving, and I was like, "Oh, shoot. This coffee just does not taste good without my water." So we love our system. Everyone should have one. It makes cleaning so much easier. We don't get that soap scum all around in our bathtub. Dishes don't get those water spots on them. We saved money because we don't need as much laundry detergent, shampoo and dish soap.

RainSoft sells the best system. Friends of mine who have systems call me and find out because I always brag about my water. Our first day with it, my husband bought me brand new pans and pots, and I burned rice in my pot the first time I used it. I've thrown pots away because of it. My husband said, "Just put the water. Just let it soak in the water overnight and see what happens." The next day, the entire round bottom of my pot burnt rice was floating at the top. And the only thing I had to clean was this slimy film from the rice on the bottom. I was impressed.

Our system was working great. And all of a sudden we started getting the iodine. Stains in our toilet. We called RainSoft. And it turned because we have a well and they're doing so much building here that stuff changed in our soil so our well started getting more iron. So they did something. We got one thing added and it completely cleaned it up.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

Home Depot sent out Scotty to test our water and he was from RainSoft. He was fantastic and we purchased a system from him. The only thing I had to do after the installation was to install an additional junction box to support the extra plugs that were coming off the units that I didn't know about. Other than that, I had no problems with the system. The original water I had has left water spots on everything. It had so much iron and it colored the outside of the house orange on the irrigation system. Within two weeks of having that water in the house, the toilets started turning brown. Once we got the RainSoft system, we had the toilets professionally cleaned out and the brown color hasn't come back since then.

Everything has gone smoothly. RainSoft is very professional about everything. I would recommend this product to anybody that's looking for a water softening system in Central Florida.I recommend that RainSoft lets its sales reps know if an additional outlet is needed. If people buy the system we used, it takes a minimum of three plugs. So, if you have a two-plug outlet, you have to get another junction box added in.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

The water is a lot better and we don't use much soap. And conditioning the water is a lot better.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

RainSoft's reverse osmosis is great but the overall system is still a bit iffy. One of the main reasons why I wanted the RainSoft system was that I thought that would get rid of the red ring around the toilet. But it had gotten worse, which is weird. I also chose RainSoft for the simple fact that a friend of mine referred it. But I sort of wish I waited because in the subdivision that I had purchased through, the builder gave a promotion to all the new homeowners, which is way cheaper than RainSoft. I was in the process of planning to call Home Depot to see what are my options because with that, we get 12 months free and it's a fraction of the price. And it's exclusive to just us, so I'm having second thoughts. But I haven't heard anything from the person that was supposed to come back and do my follow-up and it's been over a month.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Here in Miami they play with the client and after he signs I know ... I bought to have alkaline water for my son with down syndrome and I received nothing. I signed on August 2, 2021 and to this date I have no water to drink and I continue to buy bottled water because the one that comes out through the filter has a strange taste. I almost have to start paying and I do not have the service for which I sign. Another case I have a video of the boss where I arrive an hour and a half late to the appointment saying, "** I do not return again," because it was the second time they went for the same trouble.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Before getting RainSoft, you can really smell the chlorine in the water. I had to boil it and put it in the refrigerator for it to work so we have drinking water. Since having RainSoft installed, the taste of the water is so much different. It doesn't have the aftertaste and I don't have to boil water. It's really nice. We're enjoying RainSoft. Also, the reps seem to be pretty nice and very friendly.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

We have very good experiences with the sales team. The installation was quicker than normal. We had a really good and pleasant experience.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

After 2 weeks in our home, tasted salt and chemicals in shower. No alarms on system to shoe anything wrong. Unbeknownst to us, our dogs had been drinking this water for days (lost taste due to Covid), so ended up at emergency vet with massive bills. Then when owner finally called two days later, started screaming at ME over the phone for being upset. Don't even TRY to get it OUT of your house. You can't per their contract. Service only. And you have NO IDEA WHEN ITS DEFECTIVE because there are no safety features on it. Unbelievably rude and belligerent co pant that installs. So once it's in your house beware. This IS A NIGHTMARE!!!

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

Our distributor, All American Water Treatment, installed a water system at Kathleen’s home on 9/17/21. Our dealer stated that 2-3 weeks later Mrs. Kathleen phoned complaining of salty water. After asking the customer a few questions, the dealer surmised the salty water is probably due to a fair amount of water being used during the time the system is going through the regeneration cycle. A simple fix to this problem is to change the time the system is set to recycle. The dealer said they went to the customer's house the next day to make the necessary adjustments . The technician tested the water first and found the system working properly. Mr. ** asked the technician what he was doing and why they were not removing the system. According to the owner of All American Water Treatment, Mr. used belligerent language toward the technician and also while he was on the phone with the owner. Due to the customer's behavior, the technician did not complete the adjustment and left the customer's house. In closing, the dealer would be more than happy to visit with the customer again to make any necessary adjustments.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Everybody and everything was awesome. They installed the system at my mom's house in August and my mom noticed that her skin is not as crazy.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Since having RainSoft, the water had a lot less chlorine. They did a great install and left me their phone number if I need to contact them at any time. They also gave me some stuff for two years’ worth. It's quite a lot.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

We had a RainSoft system years ago and our water was crystal clear and drinkable on that. But a pipe busted loose and it soaked the system one night and ruined it. At the time, it was $1,500 to fix it, and financially, it wasn't in our budget, so we went with Culligan and we rented one. We had it for several years and I finally just bought it off rather than paying monthly. We had to call again and I was looking for someone to come and tell me what was wrong with ours. The water smelled and our tub and toilet were turning brown. We were on a well. Also, my wife has digestive issues, and we felt the water was doing part of that. We had bought a water cooler-heater kind of deal, but we started to see about a water softener. I got online and somehow I ended up at HomeAdvisor and they gave me RainSoft's number and I called.

We couldn't remember what we had had prior to. When they said RainSoft, it rang a bell in my head and it was the first one we had and we really liked. The representative tested our water and we decided to go ahead and buy a new one. We just had it for about 30 days or so. I paid all my bills online and I actually forgot about it. I let it slide by me until the 8th and I woke up that morning thinking that I listed it on my computer as Aqua. It came up with some other name that I'd saved the page to. I made a payment on it then I got a phone call about three hours later at work from a man from Aqua Finance.

I knew he was calling to ask why I hadn't made a payment yet. But then, he pulled up my account and said that I already did. I told him that it was coincidental that he called me that day 'cause I just made it. I hate being late. I pay prior to before I'm late and I was late on my very first payment. He was so easy to talk to, gracious, and he apologized for even calling me. Since having it, the water is not as smelly. We also got our tub back to white and it's staying white, so that's really a good deal. More importantly, my wife is doing good. I might have saved a little bit of money with Culligan, but I was already sold out to RainSoft from my first experience, so I was really happy with it.

I just wish we'd move 30 days faster because we've been dealing with it for several years and we finally got to a point and think that maybe it's the water. I went and spent $200, $300 to buy this cooler water just before we got ahold of RainSoft and we haven't used it since. I could have saved a couple hundred dollars. Then I didn't quite understand their financing. It's like a credit card versus a regular bill. They said that the paperwork they sent was a credit card. I paid off $150. I'm not gonna pay $30 a month. If I get that paid off, I got a one or two saying that they'll come and check it in two years. But now, the rep said it was $190, and they do a check up on it and change the seals. I wanted to know if they put that on that card, or is it a revolving account that we would have with them or is it was we pay it off, does that card deal end. But then it is not really important to me because we just paid them.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I've had the product installed for a couple of months now. RainSoft is supposed to be taking $125 direct deposit out of my girlfriend's account, and yet we still haven't been charged anything. I'm very confused as to what is going on and I don't want to all of a sudden end up having extra penalties incurred. Other than that, I'm very happy with the service. The water feels nicer on the skin. Then the drinking water is way better.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

We were introduced to RainSoft by the Welcome Wagon in the area and we saw what was in our water. We liked the deal and we went forward. After the installation, we went out to the garage and found the puddle. One of the elbows was not completely seated so the inbound water was leaking. I called the salesman at 6:30, 7:00. He was at our door at 9:00, 10:00 and then he fixed it. Overall, RainSoft is a great product. It was put in what I thought was record time with a group of guys that were very courteous, kind, and caring about the work they did. I'm very happy with them. I'd recommend this product to anybody.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

The installation was really good. There was a unit that was placed underneath the kitchen sink and then there was another unit that was placed inside the garage near the water heater. Now, the water is a little bit softer and it tastes a lot better.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

The salespeople were nice guys. They were friendly and helpful too. The installation was done in just one evening. It was flawless. The installers did a good job. The water is pure now, and it also tastes better than before.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I got the two tanks with the discharge, and then the under the sink, the reverse osmosis with the five different filters. The installation went great. The guys were awesome. It was a great experience and we loved it. Night and day, the water’s perfect.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information