4.7/5 (424 ratings)

About RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

RainSoft manufacturers and sells water conditioning and water filtration systems for residential customers. A water expert can visit your home for a free water analysis. RainSoft offers solutions for whole-home hard water conditioning to improve bathing, washing dishes and doing laundry. The company also focuses on drinking water solutions to improve water taste and clarity.

Pros

• Referral program
  • Limited lifetime warranty
  • Free in-home water analysis
  • Energy-efficient options

Cons

• No salt-free softeners
  • Pricing not available online

Bottom Line

RainSoft offers traditional, salt-based water softeners and drinking water carbon filtration systems. Customers can visit the website to schedule a free in-home water analysis and find a local dealer to get a quote.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft Water Treatment Systems?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft - a Pentair Company?

Original review: June 21, 2022

Everything went well when the system was installed. I noticed a difference in the taste of our water. I would definitely recommend RainSoft.

Original review: June 20, 2022

The experience during the purchase was good. They explained everything and the presentation was good. However, they had to come back twice for the installation. They didn't finish a part and another part had to be ordered. We had to wait on it. Other than that, everything’s good now. I’m drinking water from our refrigerator, and I can feel a difference when I'm washing in the shower. It feels a lot better than the hard water. If you are experiencing water well chemicals, Rainsoft is the way to go. Also, if you want to have softer clothes and the overall water experience, Rainsoft would be it.

Original review: June 19, 2022

I booked an appointment and a guy came in. He was totally believable. I watched everything that he did. He didn't hide anything. I invested and so far, I've been extremely happy and feel much better about everything - water, air, the shower, the clothes, my drinking water. What a difference. I'm so glad I did it. I have to order a charcoal filter at some point for the refiner but I'm glad I got that too because I can get water from the sink at room temperature. If I'm gonna make pasta, I use that water. I don't use the regular water. The only thing I use that regular water for is washing the dishes or cleaning the sink. Even the dishes are coming out cleaner in my dishwasher. Also, I don't have to clean the shower anymore. Water here in Florida is disgusting but the Rainsoft system has been amazing. I love it.

I'm not quite sure about how that system works though. It's in the garage with the salt blocks. I went online to see if there were salt blocks to buy but there weren't any. I called, and they said they were gonna have someone stop by, but nobody did. If there was anything that they can send me to explain how that thing works and what it does, that would be helpful.

Original review: June 18, 2022

The representative was very good and knowledgeable. She gave us different choices and we feel very comfortable with the information that she presented. As far as the installer, he was very swift and professional. Having the system, our skin feels much cleaner when we take a shower and the water tastes better. We're happy with the product.

Original review: June 17, 2022

With the RainSoft system installed, it's a lot easier to wash clothes and dishes. I don't have to use a lot of products in order to clean my dishes or clothes and my son's eczema pretty much cleared up. It's been a week of using the RainSoft system and it's been a huge difference. Also, the reps were very professional. They answered any and all questions I've had. They were there for us the entire time for me to get to know what they were doing and showed me how to maintain the system on my own. They were very thorough and made sure I knew exactly how to keep up with the system and what it did. They offered a sample pack of basic home cleaning supplies and they worked pretty well.

Original review: June 16, 2022

I had moved from Illinois to Jersey and I was having hair issues, so I was losing a lot of hair. My hair was dry. I went to Tennessee, and my friend had RainSoft. I used it and it seemed like it was a life-changer. It was a miracle. So, I talked to my husband about it. Yusef came in to test our water. It was pretty bad. We installed the system and now, it's fixed all of our issues. I don't have a buildup in my hair anymore. I'm not losing hair as much. I don't really need to use conditioner. The quality of water, overall, is very good.

RainSoft's reps were very helpful and knowledgeable. It seemed that they knew what they were doing, and they definitely put in their 100% to get the work done. They were timely, too. I think everyone should have RainSoft. My husband and I are purchasing a new home next year, so we're gonna be getting RainSoft. We're gonna keep this for the rest of our lives.

Original review: June 15, 2022

RainSoft is a good investment. The installers were good. They did a good job. They told me everything they were doing and explained how the system worked and what I would need to do maintenance. They put it on me to be the responsible one. The only thing is I haven't been able to figure out the soap thing yet, but it's just due to me not educating myself very well. Other than that, I love the reverse osmosis that’s underneath the sink. That's my drinking water. That's the best part of it all. Overall, I'm very happy with it. I've only had it for a little while but it's a brand new home, so I intend to keep it forever.

Original review: June 14, 2022

I was impressed with RainSoft's rep. He was great. Our water was terrible. Our heads were breaking out when we take a shower. Now that we have our RainSoft, the water is softer and cleaner and it seems like it's easier to get things clean. The upkeep is very little. We add salt once in a while. I'm happy with the purchase.

Original review: June 13, 2022

I had a RainSoft system years ago. This time, I got a system for the whole house. I was impressed with the salesperson's knowledge of their product. So far, so good. It's just that the bags of salt are too heavy. Somebody needs to make a 20-pound sack. I quit the first time because I got tired of lugging salt in the house. They said nobody makes a 20-pound bag of salt.

Original review: June 12, 2022

The rep during the consultation was very informative and friendly. He answered all my questions and went above and beyond, showing me everything and explaining it all. I felt very comfortable with the presentation. He showed me how it would affect my water and my home long-term - my pipes, my faucets, and everything. With putting everything in new, you want to get rid of the calcification problem and we had some very hard water. This information helped a lot in making my decision.

The installation was very good and thorough. The installation guy explained everything to me as he was going through the process and showed me what he was putting where and what it was. He showed me how to download the app so I could be informed when my salt levels got low in my tank. He put everything in all the way through my entire house and showed me how to turn on the system, turn off the system, and program it when I put new salt in. It was really a very informative installation.

We've noticed a difference in the water, especially in our skin and hair, and the taste of the water is different. Also, I got the reverse osmosis thing for the kitchen faucet for fresh coffee. I thought it was really interesting that the system would help break down all the deposits and stuff that are already in there and I can tell. I'm glad we're changing the faucets to the new ones now because I can tell, the way the water is coming out of the faucet, that the little granules are breaking up. I just unscrew that and let that stuff clean out.

Original review: June 11, 2022

I had regular tap water and it was hard water. I signed up with RainSoft and the sales rep was very good. The installers did a good job too. The water I have now is excellent and it's a lot cleaner. I would recommend others to get RainSoft instead of a regular water softener.

Original review: June 10, 2022

We had a funny foul water smell. We called to get a water testing and the gentleman that came was very knowledgeable and friendly. He tested our water source and showed us the difference. We decided to go with the RaindSoft System and the financing was easy. We just told them what we wanted to do and they made it work.

The only thing was I was surprised to see the size of the system because the size shown on the computer was not the size that we got. It's different for apartments than it is for mobile homes or wells. It only showed two canisters in the video that we were getting. But we got the big water tank, two canisters, and a blue fill tank. It's on the outside of the house. Having the system installed, I'm noticing that we're using less detergent and soap. Our water does not smell anymore and we actually drink it now. We weren't drinking it before because it had a funny taste. We don't have to haul water anymore. It’s nice.

Original review: June 9, 2022

Our water is completely purer now and tastes very clean. I would highly recommend RainSoft. I have told friends about it already, but it’s a big investment too.

Original review: June 8, 2022

I'm very happy with RainSoft. The water quality is great. I love that.

Original review: June 7, 2022

Since having the system, our skin feels a lot softer. It's hydrating. Even the clothes feel a lot sloppier after laundry. We are quite happy with it.

Original review: June 6, 2022

I'm a little disappointed with the system. It worked really well for a couple of days. But then I'm having a technician come out for the third time in a few weeks. It's been not working. But overall, I really liked it and I hope I can get it to work because it's a game changer and I want to keep it forever.

Original review: June 5, 2022

Our experience was good all-around and we now have clean water.

Original review: June 4, 2022

The installation went smoothly. The installers came before the scheduled time and they did what they needed to do and then walked us through the process of what they did and how we are to maintain the system. They were all very professional and mannerable. My husband loves the system. The water is softer and cleaner. We're very pleased.

Original review: June 3, 2022

The change in our water is phenomenal. The water is softer. It's a really good system. We had one issue with a pressure regulator that went bad and they came out ASAP and took care of the problem.

Original review: June 3, 2022

The unit works very well. It does a very good job. I'm very satisfied with it. But I ordered some test strips from RainSoft and I haven't received them yet.

Original review: June 2, 2022

The service is good and the lifetime on the equipment is great.

Original review: June 2, 2022

The service tech was really nice and quick. There was no mess. He just went over the system briefly and gave me the package. He said if I had any questions, I could call this number. He told me to keep an eye on this and this. With the system, I can definitely tell a difference in the shower taking. I produce ice from the tap water now that I use since it goes through the whole system. I'm a little more confident in it and tasting it a bit here and there. We're pretty happy with the RainSoft.

Original review: June 1, 2022

Kelly was a very personable and pleasant young woman. She did not do a hard sell at all. Rainsoft was very expensive but they include all kinds of cleaning products, laundry detergent, soaps, and dishwasher stuff. But I would prefer to have had money taken off the purchase price rather than include cleaning products because we already have made our selection on cleaning products that we like. Other than that, the unit itself is working fabulously.

Original review: June 1, 2022

Since having the system, I can tell a difference in the feeling of the water after washing my hands and with showering, I feel softer than usual. I’ve been telling everyone about it.

Original review: May 31, 2022

We went to Home Depot at night and RainSoft called the next morning. They asked if they could set up an in-home test and they came out the following day. Then, they were like, "We can install it tomorrow." Everything happened within three days. The guys that came in for the sales and installation were very professional. Also, we love the system and I've told everybody about it.

Original review: May 31, 2022

They were awesome from start to finish. The installers had a little trouble with finding my main water line, but they worked until they got everything perfect. Now, my skin’s softer. My clothes are brighter. The water tastes better.

Original review: May 30, 2022

I got the EC5 and I like it because it comes with the app. I have it on my phone and I can monitor my system at any moment. It could be better with the technology that's out now, but it gets the job done.

Original review: May 30, 2022

The customer service rep was very professional, comical, and informative. We got the full house system and the undersink reverse osmosis filter. Everything in my house is cleaner and softer now. If anyone has hard water, you need this system. It will change your life.

Original review: May 29, 2022

I purchased an appliance at Home Depot and the gentleman, Chad, offered this product. He signed us up and Dimitri came over and we were sold. Dimitri is excellent. When I thought we had a glitch, we called him and he responded and came over. Also, I'm pretty pleased with the product. My skin feels softer, smoother, and almost like, "Do I still have soap on my skin?"

Original review: May 29, 2022

The chlorine in the water here in Waterloo is quite strong. My son had been to a home show and he had gotten some information from RainSoft and he talked positively about it. I had it installed and the crew was very professional and timely. When I shower, my skin feels smoother and softer. The taste of the water is a lot different and it doesn't have that chlorine taste. It seems like I use less soap too. It's been an overall positive thing. I would recommend RainSoft.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information