4.7/5 (396 ratings)

About RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

RainSoft manufacturers and sells water conditioning and water filtration systems for residential customers. A water expert can visit your home for a free water analysis. RainSoft offers solutions for whole-home hard water conditioning to improve bathing, washing dishes and doing laundry. The company also focuses on drinking water solutions to improve water taste and clarity.

Pros

• Referral program
  • Limited lifetime warranty
  • Free in-home water analysis
  • Energy-efficient options

Cons

• No salt-free softeners
  • Pricing not available online

Bottom Line

RainSoft offers traditional, salt-based water softeners and drinking water carbon filtration systems. Customers can visit the website to schedule a free in-home water analysis and find a local dealer to get a quote.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft Water Treatment Systems?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft - a Pentair Company?

Original review: April 27, 2022

The installation of our RainSoft was done in a few hours. Very efficient. I noticed the water pressure is very low. But we don't have to buy bottled water anymore. The coffee is better, too.

Original review: April 27, 2022

We got the softener and a whole kit for well water. The installation was done quickly. The installer knew what he was doing. We like the system. My daughter's hair seems a lot healthier now. It's easier to brush every morning now. I also have a lot softer skin and the clothes smell better.

Original review: April 27, 2022

A RainSoft representative came out to test our water and after our results from some of those, we figured we would give it a try. The representative was good and we enjoyed working with him. I liked all the information that he provided us with. With the system in place, a difference in the moisturization was there as far as when you take your bath or wash your hands. RainSoft come out I guess once a year to look at the system in the kitchen. But as far as the system out back, we are just supposed to look in October to check the salt levels. If it's needing to be replenished, we should pour a bag or so in there to put it back to the line that was designated for use.

We had the Zero filter water machine in our kitchen and I've been drinking water from the tap. But it makes me nervous seeing the salty look of the new water that comes out in the cup. If it's not supposed to be that way, then RainSoft should do another test. I read that if you let the water run for a little while then it clears up but it doesn't happen. I also read that the water just does that when it first goes into the cup. One should wait a couple of seconds and it’ll clear up, which it's doing after so long.

Original review: April 26, 2022

They explained everything and they were really efficient. I love the system. The water tastes a heck of a lot better. There's no discoloration or smell.

Original review: April 26, 2022

I got some troubles earlier with my RainSoft system and it stopped working. Something was broken inside it and it was not giving soft water. RainSoft immediately fixed that so I'm happy with the service. They're quick to respond and it was set up properly. It's working fine now. The effects of their soft water is really good. I got glass and now, I don't have watermarks. That was the initial impression. Whenever I take a bath, it's like soapy. When you're rinsing, it's still soapy. That signifies that your skin's not getting dried up. When I got that dryness on my hands, it makes my hands itchy. When I started using the soft water, that has gone away. It's back to normal.

I will recommend RainSoft. Part of that is because the RainSoft guys when they come in were honest and they were very good for the cost of the equipment and installation. They described what is to be installed. I had previous experience with other companies that just came knocking on my door and offered something then when the time to install it came, they said, “It's not the real price. This is the real price.” I hated that situation.

Original review: April 26, 2022

The salesman and installer were great. The water quality seems good. We didn't notice a big difference in taste because we had just moved into the house but based on the testing they did, we are eliminating a lot of the crud that was in our water. But we noticed that our water dispenser on the fridge seemed to be leaving mineral things. Other than that, it seems to be operating just fine.

Original review: April 25, 2022

They have really good customer service. The rep showed me the water differences and took me through it. I got a whole house water treatment and the installer came by and showed me where the water line is and asked me if he could install it there. Since the installation, the water is not ruining my silverware anymore.

Original review: April 25, 2022

RainSoft has been pretty good. The water is okay and it’s really comfortable. We also have a system for the drinking water and it’s pretty good. The only thing that I have a complaint about is the salt. Supposedly, I can go buy the salt at Home Depot, but the times that I went there, I only found one bag, and it was ripped. So since I got the system about three months ago, I’ve been able to only put one or two bags. But I need more than that right now because it’s down to the bottom. I sent an email to Rainsoft and somebody reached out to me. But other than that, everything’s been really, really good.

Original review: April 25, 2022

The rep was fabulous. My husband and I really enjoyed talking to him. He was very down-to-earth, knowledgeable and respectful. The water is a little bit nicer since having the system installed. But we are still getting some yellow discoloration when we fill up the bathtub for my kid. I'm bummed that's still there. The other issue is that they said if we put a RainSoft sign in our front yard for publicity, they will give us our first year of salt replenishment free of charge. I've called them twice to follow up and they're like, “Okay, we'll get back with you. We'll make sure someone comes to deliver it.” And they haven’t done that yet.

Original review: April 24, 2022

Since having RainSoft, we don't have to worry about anything in our water that's harmful and we don't have to buy water anymore. We had iron in our water bad and it's taking off the old iron that was in the tub -- slowly, but it's taking it all. Also, the people were very nice, congenial, and easy to get along with. They explained everything completely and we’re very satisfied with the result.

Original review: April 24, 2022

The water system seems to be good and taking care of whatever problems that we had. The only downside of it was programming the phone app to work because there was something about the computer software on the actual device that you have to turn off your home Wi-Fi to set that up. That got real complicated because it wouldn't let me download the app without being able to access my home Wi-Fi. I called tech support that was from out of state and he was very helpful. But he couldn't control that problem of having to turn off my Wi-Fi and then try to program the module on the device itself. So we went back and forth on the phone about four times and then I had to figure it out myself. But it works now. I was able to get it programmed. Everything seems to be okay at this point.

Original review: April 24, 2022

The installation of our Rainsoft went perfectly with one exception. One of the techs had accidentally knocked over some toxic glue, so I've got this blue stain on my carpet. We also had to air out the basement. But the water tastes a lot better now. It's possible that we might have to get some different soap for the dishwasher because it may be bubbling up so much. But, everything seems to be working pretty well.

Original review: April 23, 2022

They had a representative reach out to us and he was awesome. He demonstrated everything to us. Since the system was installed, everything's different. It's just like as advertised. Everything feels cleaner.

Original review: April 23, 2022

The salesman and the installer were phenomenal people. We got the water softener and my wife and I noticed that our skin was much softer. My daughter's skin was really soft, too. We're also noticing that their hair is coming up more fuller and it has a bounce to it. I have noticed that my cup doesn't have any spots on it and my spoons no longer have those scale spots on them. The whole system works well. I couldn't be happier.

Original review: April 23, 2022

I bought a RainSoft unit about 25 years ago and the motor went out on it. I noticed that it wasn't using the salt. I tried to regenerate it but it wouldn't kick in. The last two people that I had do little service work on it both retired. I went online and found this outfit down here close to me in Cincinnati. I called them and the guy came out to repair it. When he got to look at it, he said the unit is so old and they don't make that motor for it anymore. He said he couldn't fix it. From there, we went to replacing it. He was very informative and did a very neat job. I was very satisfied.

Original review: April 22, 2022

The sales rep was great. He was a super nice guy. My mother was here during the installation and she said the installers handled everything great. We got the reverse osmosis under the kitchen sink and we love it so far. The water is really clear compared to what it was. The taste is better. I wouldn't even drink the water before but I drink it now.

Original review: April 22, 2022

With Rainsoft installed, I see a difference on my skin. It's not as dry as it used to be. The system for drinking water is also very good and overall, it's been a good change.

Original review: April 22, 2022

The water is a little slimier. It always feels like I took a shower in olive oil and the dishes always feel still soapy when I put them away. There's no more soap water, but they feel slimy. Everybody that I've talked to out here says that's what you get with you get a water softener. We've been experimenting with different kinds of soap and we just haven't hit upon the right combination yet.

Original review: April 21, 2022

The sales rep was very professional. He gave us all the information that we needed. It was a very enjoyable experience. The installation went wonderfully. The gentleman looked for the best place to place the water towers and also helped me fix something. RainSoft was great from start to finish. Even though it's just water, you can taste the difference. I would recommend them to anybody that's looking for a water treatment system.

Original review: April 21, 2022

We had three Rainsoft systems installed, one under the sink, one’s for the washer, and one for the tank in the home system. The install started off rocky. During the first week, we didn't even have saltwater. It took me doing investigating and trying to get ahold of people to realize that the installer drilled a hole through my wall and plugged it into my daughter's room. She unplugged it to plug her iPad in. I called the system here in Tucson and Rainsoft's main corporate office, trying to get that resolved and have them hardwire it. They told me tough luck, pretty much.

I won't recommend Rainsoft to anybody else after that experience. The overall customer service has been crap. I asked for a cover for it because it sits outside, and I was told twice by my salesman and by Rainsoft's customer service that we were gonna get one, but I've yet to receive it. That was two or three weeks ago. But when the system works, it's good. The water tastes better and you feel a difference in the water when you take a shower. I run a partial detail company and washing the trucks is a lot nicer.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response
We apologize for the difficulties you have experienced with your new RainSoft system. We have contacted our distributor in Tempe and have asked them to address this matter as soon as possible. We trust they will be contacting you shortly.
Best Regards.

RainSoft Customer Service

Original review: April 21, 2022

They were very informative and knowledgeable. Our water is softer and cleaner since having the system.

Original review: April 20, 2022

They are scammers. Do not buy anything. They say that the products will be for 10 years, then there are only 4 orders. The system is not very good either. I want my money back. I want a serious person.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response
We contacted our distributor in Miami, and received the following information from them.

We attempted to contact the customer multiple times as shown in the call log below and have no record of the customer returning our calls or calling us with any issues.

Based on our information, the customer used their 10 Year Soap Supply too soon (as you are given a Point Balance with enough Points to order enough soap for 10 years but if the customer orders sooner than the point balance will be used before the 10 years have reached). However, the customer was informed of this multiple times prior to purchase by both us and the soap distributor.

Miami Water and Air are unable to facilitate any additional requests from this customer as we have tried to contact them multiple times and not once have we been informed of this issue.

Based on the call log provided by Miami Water and Air, it shows phone calls were made on the following dates - 9/09/2020 (no voice mail), 9/25/2020 (appears to have phone problem), 4/01/2021 (correct phone # but wrong person), 9/28/2021 (left voice message), 10/07/2021 (left voice message), 10/26/2021 (spoke with Abel, busy and will call back), 11/08/2021 (left voice message).

We ask that you please call Miami Water and Air, tel# 305-363-6966, for further assistance.

Kind Regards.

RainSoft Customer Service

Original review: April 20, 2022

Walking through Home Depot, an older lady who looked very friendly asked us if we had time for a two-minute survey. She asked us some questions and said we could get a $20 gift certificate. We got buried under the cost, so it sounded appealing at the time. We went ahead and answered her questions though she didn't tell us what they were for. A couple days later, we got a call from Home Depot saying that if we allowed somebody to come out and test our water, we would be able to collect the gift certificate.

The guy who came out did a real nice job and highlighted the fact that we had some terrible water there in Jacksonville that I wasn't aware of when he did the side-by-side testing. My wife then articulated to me that she couldn't even enjoy her tea because the water had such a powerful flavor to it that ended up coloring the taste. Then when you get out of the shower, you feel you have some residue on you. We thought, even though it was not a good time for us on the finance end of things, it was probably an investment that will pay off in the long run. The guy installed it while we were there and we haven't been back since. We have a trip planned middle of May to be out there for another 10 days. That will be a good test for us to see if we can notice those differences in the new water system. But everything's been good. Rainsoft has high integrity.

Original review: April 20, 2022

We have the rain-free water softener. With the system installed, our water is beautiful. I can drink it and I don't have to get bottled water anymore. Also, it makes my skin soft. I had a skin problem but now I'm doing good with this water softener. My hair is so soft too. Get RainSoft.

Original review: April 20, 2022

The rep that came and showed us everything did a great job. The installation was super easy and the installers were out of our way. They completed it and left. Everything was great. We're really satisfied. The water is significantly better now.

Original review: April 19, 2022

Our experience with Rainsoft is fine. The installers were quick and I'm satisfied with how the water tastes and feels.

Original review: April 19, 2022

The system makes the water clean. I like everything about it.

Original review: April 18, 2022

The reps were wonderful. They tested our water and showed us where the water was good and where it was bad. They explained to us the quality of the water typical for our area. The system that we had installed was a whole house filter, a water softener, and a reverse osmosis system for filtered drinking water. Since the installation, the water has been fantastic. The water from the reverse osmosis system tastes great while the water in the rest of the house is filtered and soft. We've been very happy with our decision to install the system.

Original review: April 18, 2022

The water didn’t taste good coming from the faucet and I got water stains on my car that wouldn’t come out or in the shower door. But I’ve noticed a difference since having the RainSoft system installed. Everybody was professional and good. They explained everything very well and followed up. It was awesome.

Original review: April 17, 2022

The installer and sales rep were fine and they answered all my questions. The system seems to be working well.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information