Accredited Partner

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.91/5

Since 1953, RainSoft has been a worldwide leader in providing families with premium water treatment and air purification systems. RainSoft is dedicated to designing, manufacturing and offering the industry's most diverse product line of water and air solutions for families like yours.

Their corporate Customer Focus Team ensures that each and every RainSoft customer is 100% satisfied.

A leader in the water treatment industry for 67 years, RainSoft takes the worry out of water.

RainSoft - a Pentair Company Video
RainSoft - a Pentair Company Gallery (1)

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft Water Treatment Systems?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft - a Pentair Company?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

RainSoft's rep was decent. He didn't answer all my questions, but they got answered eventually. It was enough for me to buy from them. I got both their water conditioner and water softener. However, their initial installation team basically busted my pipe. The guy tried to take out the bricks in my driveway and run their system underneath my floor. That team sucked. On the other hand, the second team was awesome. The tech said what the first team wanted to do doesn't make sense and said that we should go to the attic, which worked out perfectly. They fixed the issue. I have dry skin and since getting the RainSoft system, I've noticed the difference in my water a lot.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

When we bought a new washer at Home Depot, there was some sort of conversation with my wife to test out the water. RainSoft came out and tested out the water, and it didn't look like it was really great. So we were sold on RainSoft as far as the presentation was concerned. But the presentation was a little long. It was over an hour. But other than that, everything was fine. The salesperson was very pleasant and very professional. He knew his product. The installation was fine. They did it in a day. There was a secondary one that needed to come back because it was getting late in the day, which was no issue. Both the salesperson and installer were very knowledgeable. It was great clean up work. So I was very satisfied.

Since having the water softener system, my wife doesn't have to use as much soap when washing clothes. And so far, we're not seeing any calcium buildup in the washer. We don't have to buy any more bottled water. We're drinking straight out of the faucet. We're also noticing a difference on our skin as far as taking a shower or bath.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

Setting up our consultation with RainSoft was a really good experience. Their reps were very accommodating. The one I worked with was a very jolly fellow. A tech came to install and he was a really good guy too. We got their system and extra filtration as well. Now, our water tastes a lot better.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

The representative who tested our water was very knowledgeable and the installers were very good and professional. We got the whole RainSoft system. We haven't had any problems with it.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

The air in my house has NOT changed. Now when I fry foods the smells seems to come out more in my back bedrooms long after the kitchen. Initially it would emit a burnt smell that burned my eyes. Their sales tactics are extremely deceptive and outright lies. I’ve had my air purifier 1 year and had to change my filter 3 times. Beware.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

The photo you have provided of your air unit filter indicates that this is not a RainSoft product. Please contact your local dealer who should be able to assist you.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

The person who came out on behalf of RainSoft was excellent. Their installer was very pleasant. Since getting our system installed, we've been pleased with everything except for the fact that I don't know why water is running into our disposal. Water keeps draining there. I called the local representative, Moore, and I got a recording on the 23rd. I also got a recording today and no one has called me back yet. Still, our water quality has been much better.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I was called by a salesperson and asked "if I would like a free analysis of the water in my home". I said: "Yes." I asked if they were trying to sell me something and she responded: "No, we are just getting a map of the water quality in your area." When the salesman arrived on time with his equipment, he repeated the same sales pitch. I never received an analysis of my water. What they basically did was show me that there was something in my water, like minerals, which we actually need. He did think that one test showed some chlorine. However I was interested in finding out if I had 'lead' or any other harmful matter in my water.

Then he gave us a pressured talk on how we could get rid of all the 'grud' he found in one of his tests. We had no idea how he managed to show us the cloudy material in his test. They really didn't test the water for 'lead' or any other harmful material. I think this was a typical "snake-oil" sales approach always foisted on people. He lied to us and wasted our time! I intend to have the county test my water. David **

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

Thank you for your post and making us aware of your less than favorable experience with RainSoft. We strive to provide consumer with the best possible in-home experience to learn about their water and provide solutions to their concerns. We apologize for falling short of your expectations.

We will follow up with our your dealership to ensure that best practices are being followed. Please contact us directly if we can be of any further assistance. Thanks again.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

My experience with the water softener and everyone at RainSoft has been great but we were misled a little bit by their sales rep at Home Depot. Some of the things that were promised were things that we ended up having to purchase and it's not okay that he did it, but now that we've purchased the product, we like it and we are very pleased with it. The service and the equipment are great. We love it. We’ve had it installed for four months and we have much softer water. We’re not seeing the calcium deposits and we’re noticing a big difference. We’re very satisfied with RainSoft.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

We have recently got EC5 water softening system and would like to return in but RainSoft made a clever legal contract. We had only 3 days to try it and ran out of the cancellation period. Consider these before you purchase it.

1) Water softeners remove not only bad stuff from a water but also a good stuff such as Magnesium and Calcium, which are crucial for human body. That brings to to the point when you have to buy a drinking water supply from PolandSpring or so. You will not be able to drink it, cook on it, use it for pets, water your plants/garden etc.

2) If you have ill or pregnant members of the family, the lack of Magnesium will force them to buy additional food supplements, which is another additional cost.

3) You will not be able to use other water filtration systems with the EC5 processed water. They will not replenish missing ingredients. So you will end up with installing another water line bypassing the EC5 or or other water softeners and this is going to be additional cost.

The water softeners are needed in the areas with really hard water so if you are in New England you hardly need it. Unless you live on a volcano. Think before you get it...

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems response

Thank you for your message. The following link may assist you, and others, in understanding what is involved in the process of softening water, and the role both Calcium and Magnesium play in this process. Good information is beneficial for eberyone's understanding.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

We got a Quality generator and they had other Quality water products, so we got RainSoft. It has been 10 years but we got a new carbon filter added to it a couple of months ago. I love the products that I have from them and the people from RainSoft were perfect.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

We have had the product installed for one year. It cost $11,900 and is worth maybe $3,000.00. We've had repair technicians come out at least every other month due to some problem with the system. It was originally installed incorrectly and had to be moved to another location. Water tastes horrible! We want it gone!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I have an older system since 1994. The tanks are not working and there is no one in my state (Mississippi) who services or sells RainSoft any longer. I have asked for a partial refund on tanks which have a lifetime warranty but am not getting anywhere. I spoke to customer service and wasn't happy with the conversation.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I used to hate our water. I never drink from the tap and I don't give it to my dogs. Also, I hate when I give it to my plant 'cause it's filled with chlorine. I got the whole RainSoft unit for the house and the rep was very nice and thorough. He laid it all out and he showed a lot of examples with the water. He didn't give any money prices and left that to the guy that was coming next. For the installation, it was fast and good. But the installer said that a full salt bath lasts for about a year. Then he called me today and said it's halfway full. I told him I would call RainSoft to ask why the salt is lower than what it should have been.

Having the water treatment system has extremely made a difference and we've been telling everybody about it. My hands would get dermatitis and I was on medication. But I noticed that since the system was installed, I had only used the medication two times. That in itself is wow. I also noticed the clothes smell better with my softener. The dogs love the water and the food tastes better. It's all the way around.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Home Depot sent A&B Marketing out to our home to sell us this system. Installed 02/26/2008 $9,450. This lady promised us the world and made us think this system would perform a miracle on our well water. Everything she promised us was a lie. All of our plumbing fixtures, shower glass and toilets are corroded with hard water deposits and we have spent $2,273 on them coming out every year to service this piece of junk. We have faithfully had them out every year to service this system and we still have no good water and all this corrosive deposits on all our plumbing.

We could have bought at least 6 brand new top of the line water softeners over the years. Please take it from me and do not waste your money. The system's plastic parts are all falling apart where the timers are and they do nothing about it. Nothing is really guaranteed and they say they have to come out once a year for the guarantee, the guarantee is worthless. I can prove everything I've said in this review.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

We replaced an old RainSoft unit we had which was no longer functioning. RainSoft put a better unit in and installation went very smoothly. The new unit has less salt usage.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

When I did my laundry, I had bits and pieces of the rust stuff in my washing machine. Plus, the water was rusting out my pipes. I got the whole unit from RainSoft. The installation was awesome and the installers demonstrated stuff. Everything was good with my RainSoft experience.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

RainSoft's reps were really knowledgeable and explained everything correctly. They offered to do a demonstration about water and I loved the water's taste. They were very friendly and I feel very good with them. I purchased a filter system and now I don’t buy bottled water anymore. When I shower, I feel really clean and there is no smell in the water.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

RainSoft's sales rep knew all his stuff and he answered every question. I got a water conditioner from them as well as extra filters for drinking water underneath the kitchen sink. Installation went perfectly and since then our water has been better. My wife loves our water quality. She can tell the difference just by feeling it on her skin.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

We went to Home Depot and heard about RainSoft. It was a good experience when we set up the consultation with the sales rep and the interaction was great. He showed me some stuff and I got the complete system. I’ve had it a couple of months and since having it installed, the water tastes better as well as the coffee. It's as nice as it gets. I've been used to hard water so long and it has changed.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

When we had a consultation with RainSoft's rep, he was very nice and informative. He explained everything that he was testing and where we stood. I could tell he liked what he was selling. I got a softener, filters, furnace device and the faucet in my sink from them. Since having their system, our water has been great. Before, I couldn't drink my water because of the condition I have. Now that I have RainSoft's system, I can.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

The water in my house is hard. I went to Home Depot and I told them I wanted a water softener system put in my house. They sent a guy over from RainSoft and the consultation went well. The scheduled time was fine for us too. I had a water softener system installed in my house and a water filtration reverse osmosis system installed in my kitchen. Chris was my installer. He came over and knocked it out. He explained the system to us and gave us his number to call in case we had any issues or concerns. We've had the system since July, and the water is now clear and it tastes a lot better. Everything is good.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

We’re very happy with the RainSoft system and, coming from a background of customer service, I’ve been extremely impressed from the sales presentation to you name it. There was no hard sell and everything has been very nice. We got the large capacity water softener and we got the reverse osmosis. The installation team was very good and professional. I was quite impressed with everybody and the whole process. We've had the system for a couple of months now and we noticed that the clothes seemed cleaner when they come out of the wash. And you actually feel clean when you get out of the shower. I couldn’t get the soap off me at first and then now it has all changed where everything’s fantastic. The water purifier under the sink has a little issue and we just had a tech out here, but all in all, we’re very happy and we've had a great experience.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

There was a free water sample test towards the exit at Home Depot, and once we filled out for it, RainSoft got in contact with us. They set up an appointment, an actual in-home consultation, to see what the difference is. The demonstration was amazing until there was some sort of miscommunication. There was a bit of a false promise where they said there was going to be a soft inquiry, but it was a full inquiry. I had just bought this house and I also got a new car, so I had to get my credit back to where it was. Adding another line of credit, I thought that if that was the case, I never would have gotten it. But overall, it was fine.

We got the air filter, the one for a drinkable water from the sink and this massive tank down by the garage. Everything went smoothly during the installation and the people were very friendly, helpful and informative. They were in and out, and you could barely hear that they were there. It has been about a month and a half now since the system was put in and the water tastes definitely different. And though I don’t feel it, my fiancée and one of my close friends who lives here with me, said that the air smells more pure.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

The quality of water in Florida is really bad so I wanted a water system. I set up a consultation with RainSoft and that went well. It was all fine with their installation team too. The work was quick. They only had to come back for an electrical installation for the power outlet of the computer. But the installation of the system was a few hours.

We have the water filter and there are two cylinders outside. One is salt and the other one is like carbon. We've had the water system for three months now and the quality of the water is much better. You can literally feel the difference in the water. My son has eczema and it has gotten much better. We see the hair of the kids is also much better. It's a big difference.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I live in an area that has hard water and minerals in it. I heard about them and then got them, and they installed it. And since then, being it so old, I had them to replace the computer head it had on it because 20 years is a long time to get service out of a unit. I contacted them because I had changed my telephone number and they had lost contact with me. So, I took it on my own to look up RainSoft and call them telling that I needed someone to come out and check my system. I noticed that the salt level in my salt box was not working like it was before, so I knew something was wrong. When you take a shower and you do not get any foam from your soap, you know your water is hard. And that was what I was experiencing.

Talking with their rep over the phone was good. They sent someone out within a couple of days to check it out and see if it was something that they could fix. After the investigation where they figured out that the circuit board was going bad and that it was not calling for the regeneration of the unit, they swapped that, had it in and it worked fine. It has been working for two months now. I do not think you can find anyone any better than RainSoft. I am happy with it.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

My experience started when I was told by the sales rep that if he had known I was a single woman, that he wouldn't have come to try to sell me the product because I don't fit his demographic. I bought it anyway, because I was impressed by the product. The first group of gentlemen who came to my house might as well have been tweedle dee and tweedle dum. They wasted a large amount of time deciding that they weren't intelligent enough to install my water system. The second set of gentlemen who came out are the only people in this company who are worth speaking to and honestly should just break off and start their own company. They did have to come twice because they ran out of time the first night, but they were a blessing. However, they left holes in my walls and a giant hole in my floor. I was assured that Rainsoft would come out and fix it, no problem.

Now on my 4th time leaving work early to meet the gentleman who is supposed to fix my house, except he ONLY came with drywall. Unfortunately the holes were wood and the hole in my floor was also wood. Despite having pictures of the damage, no one sent him with the correct repair items. Rescheduled to the 5th time leaving work early to have my holes fixed. Rainsoft was a no show. ZERO customer service. No one communicates. YOU end up calling THEM to confirm ANYTHING. This place is a scam. Get a water treatment because it's worth it. DO NOT GET IT FROM RAINSOFT.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

When RainSoft called, we set up an appointment and the guy showed up on time. He was friendly and knowledgeable. He explained everything down to the fine detail. We got everything from them. The ozone machine for the laundry, and then the alkaline purification for drinking water. I was in the middle of a kitchen remodeling, and we kept pushing back and pushing back the install date. But the lady at their office was very kind with working with me. It was a couple of months between the consultation and the install. When the installation guys came, they were great. They showed up on time, did what they had to do, and were gone. They were clean and efficient.

The rep said clothes were gonna be softer and they are. The water is fantastic now. We can drink either just the tap water or the alkaline water without any problems. My daughter was over three days ago, and she wanna drink water so we gave her the alkaline water, and she said, “Oh, my God. This stuff is so good.” And that was just out of the tap.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Had a system put in last month & it's great. Expensive. Said I wanted to pay before came due to avoid interest. They said OK but didn't have correct paperwork. When they left, said they'd send it. Never came. Didn't tell me. Had to order 10 yrs free soap within 4 yrs or lose it. Kitchen cleaner cannot come in contact w/ food surfaces!! Some of laundry detergent can only be used in HOT water! Water pressure goes way down. BUT the worst is: the finance co they use is PITIFUL!

They 1st texted me without telling me who they & asked all kinds of financial questions. I asked who they were & no response, just same questions over & over again. I didn't know name of finance co Rainsoft used. They would not acknowledge who they were. After days of that, finally set up auto pay. They never took anything out, never rec'd bill. Made 10 calls to find out their name. Said they had no autopay info but interest being charged since day put in! Then they couldn't find my acct. Couldn't find SS #. Finally paid it off w/ great interest!! ONLY PAY CASH! DO NOT FINANCE W/ FOUNDATION FINANCE! NEVER HAD THIS EXPERIENCE WITH ANY OTHER CO. INFURIATING!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

We had a water softening system in North Carolina, so when we moved here, we looked into it and I ended up with RainSoft. We got a whole-house system and everything went well. We've had it for two months now and it's running well. The water here was terrible. But now, it's working just fine and we're very satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

The sales rep who helped me was nice. She came to the house and got everybody involved. The kids were interested in the little experiment they were doing, showing the sediment in the water. So, she was pretty cool and knowledgeable. We bought the treatment system, and we have noticed a big difference with it. Before, the water was extremely hard and so brushing the hair was a nightmare. Then the rep showed us washing your hands and you could feel the dryness right afterwards. But now, everything is nice and clean. The hair is easy to brush and it feels like you have lotion on afterwards. The installation was quick and easy. My dad and myself pretty much ran the lines before they got here because I wanted to move it anyway, so all the installer had to do was set it down and hook it up. He configured it and hen gathered all the paperwork. He was knowledgeable.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information