4.7/5 (371 ratings)

About RainSoft Water Treatment Systems

RainSoft manufacturers and sells water conditioning and water filtration systems for residential customers. A water expert can visit your home for a free water analysis. RainSoft offers solutions for whole-home hard water conditioning to improve bathing, washing dishes and doing laundry. The company also focuses on drinking water solutions to improve water taste and clarity.

Pros

• Referral program
  • Limited lifetime warranty
  • Free in-home water analysis
  • Energy-efficient options

Cons

• No salt-free softeners
  • Pricing not available online

Bottom Line

RainSoft offers traditional, salt-based water softeners and drinking water carbon filtration systems. Customers can visit the website to schedule a free in-home water analysis and find a local dealer to get a quote.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft Water Treatment Systems?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RainSoft - a Pentair Company?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

The gentleman that installed the softener did a great job. He was very nice and personable.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

The dude who came and did the water test knew a bunch about water and the different stuff that's in it. When he did the test, the demonstrations were pretty cool. I would start to laugh and be like, “No way". The installer came late in the afternoon the first Saturday they came out. So all they could do was the one under the sink. Then, they had to come out on another Saturday. Two weeks after, they did the rest of the home.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

The rep and the tech were absolutely amazing. They were very professional and knowledgeable. The tech answered any of the questions I had. Their work was outstanding and they didn't leave any trash lying around. I like the soap pack they provided. Rainsoft did a top-notch job. We couldn't be happier with it. This was a pleasurable and hassle-free experience.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

We have noticed improvement on our water. RainSoft is a little pricey, but as long as it does what it's supposed to do, I'll be okay with it.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

I moved here and the water was terrible. I received some type of flyer from RainSoft and I reached out to them. They were great to deal with. They worked with me to get my financing set up until I sold a property where I moved here from because I wasn't expecting that big of an expense to hit me right up front. Since having the system, I don't have to clean my toilets. They just get black in two days. I don't even know how people can sell a house here without some kind of treatment system, so it's been much improved, and I would not have stayed in this house could I not have gotten something to fix that.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

The process and the time that RainSoft took to explain the various things that were happening, especially in the water and the transformation, was amazing. The sales representative was very knowledgeable and understandable as well, and he broke things down the way that anyone could understand. After having the system installed, it knocked out the smell that the water had. That's one of the things that really gave me much more confidence to go full out with the company. It lives up to my expectations. Then what happens is that when the water comes out, the top looks white. My wife was saying that and I explained to her that because of the system and these fine tubes and all the straining system that it’s been through, it caused bubbles to form. But when it comes out, everything is white and clear and it tastes good, different, and it smells way better.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

The gentleman came, gave his pitch and we agreed to have the system installed. It was a pleasant and easy purchase. The water tastes good. There's no water residue on anything, so I presume the system is doing what it's supposed to.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

The RainSoft consultant came in, took us to the kitchen sink, and did an hour long demonstration. And since we were thinking about getting a water softening system for a while, it was an easy sell for us, we signed the paperwork, and got everything squared away. We had a gentleman come over to install the system. It took a couple of hours on a Saturday. We have a fairly open basement that is only semi-finished, so it was easy for him to figure out where to put everything and to hook everything up.

The only problem that we had was after he left, it turned out that one of the flow meters was bad. So, we had to have someone else come back and replace it because it wasn't counting the gallons of water that went through the system. The first installer could have checked it before leaving. But everything else has been wonderful. It seems to be working as planned. We have soft water now. If you're looking for a soft water system and you have the money for RainSoft, check it out.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

The installation of my RainSoft went great. I bought the unit and they installed it the same day. Everything's working fine. The water seems to be better.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

The water softening aspect of the system is outstanding. I don't see any more buildup on the fixtures and no more rings around inside the toilets like when they sit for a while. Also, when we shower, the water feels silky and when we wash our hair, we rinse longer because it feels too slippery. The RainSoft system softened the water like crazy. The other thing is the drinking water at the tap. I did the reverse osmosis and the water is so much lighter. It's much better than the filtered water that I was getting from my refrigerator. Also, the CleanStart works really well. I'm using less and I'm using only cold water so I can mix colors and whites, which saves me from having to do two loads. The whites are cleaner.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Since having RainSoft installed, I don't need to use nearly the detergents or soap. Much easier to clean things. The skin and hair love it. I don't have to nearly put on the amount of moisturizer that I used to. Everybody was also really nice, professional, answered all my questions when I had them, and so I was very impressed with them. Overall, it's a great experience.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

We had only been in this home for probably three days when the salesman came and did his testing. He was very knowledgeable and informative, and we were impressed. The softener was installed almost immediately. The installation itself was good, except the guy didn’t come until about 9:00 at night. Then, he told us that he was going to fill the water softener with salt but he failed to do that. We had to call him back and probably a week later, we got the salt. Since having the softener installed, the water seems softer when you’re washing dishes. It doesn't take as much soap and it seems to rinse better. When you take a shower, your body feels cleaner. RainSoft is expensive but the system works well. People should get it.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

The installers of RainSoft were fabulous and very nice. I'm very pleased with them. I had to have my drinking system removed because they were redoing my kitchen. The gentleman came out, removed it and put it in a safe place. He said, “We’ll be back to reinstall it when your kitchen’s done.” They were very easy to work with and accommodating, too.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

I would like to know how much salt the system uses. The salesperson that was here said two bags of salt a year. Whereas the other guy that came in after told us it would be a couple of bags every four to six months. We're also getting some of the deposits when water stays in someplace. But other than that, we've been really happy with RainSoft. We've noticed the cleaning products work better and the taste of the water itself.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

Since having RainSoft, I now have softer water, no smells and no mildew in the bathrooms. The cost is worth it. I could see it being very expensive for some people. But to me, it was really important.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

The reps and installers of RainSoft were great. Now, our water is way better. There's no odor. It's hard to get used to the soft water, 'cause where I come from, the water's very hard. So, being used to the bleachy, chloriney hard water, now when our hands are soft, we're like, "Eew, it's slimy." But we're definitely getting used to it. Definitely the first month, all three of us in the house had our skin detoxed. Everybody's skin got really nice and clear. We feel better and we want to drink water now.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I liked the RainSoft rep that came out. He did a good job and was friendly, too. Now, there's no iron in my water.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I have a neighbor who is also a friend of ours. She was given a demonstration for RainSoft and she was really impressed. She gave our name as one of the referrals and RainSoft gave us a call. We made ourselves available for the gentleman to come out and do a demonstration. We were sold after we saw the demonstration.

We had a couple of hiccups with the RainSoft process. There was a point of contact that we had with regards to our five-year guaranteed supply of cleaning products. RainSoft partnered with this company. I had a little bit of a hiccup with the person from that company to the point where I had to report her. I also wasn't satisfied with my recent experience with a RainSoft representative but I liked the way RainSoft handled it. Outside of that, our experience with the actual water has been phenomenal. We love it and we are enjoying the quality of the water since we had the equipment installed.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

RainSoft's reps were very knowledgeable. The sales rep was the kind of guy I would have a beer with and the installers made sure that everything was cleaned up. I like the way that the equipment is compact, in my garage, and out of the way. I can easily go out there, look at the digital display, and see if it's time to add salt. It's also not really expensive and with all of the bonus stuff they give you when you purchase it, it's worth it. They gave us soaps, cleaners, and stuff to help offset the monthly cost. We wish those had been explained a little bit better by the sales guy. When he explained that portion of the deal, he made it sound like it’d be more financially beneficial. But there is some benefit as far as not buying as much cleaning supplies. Other than that, the water is much softer with RainSoft and it tastes better. There's also no chlorine smell to it.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

We love our RainSoft. The water is much softer, even when you take a bath or a shower. You also don't need lotions because it's coming off of your own oils like the rep explained to us. When we went to Oklahoma, we stayed in a cabin where they didn't have RainSoft and we could tell the difference in the water. RainSoft's rep also told us that our coffee was going to be totally different and when I made my coffee, it was phenomenal. He said that the filters at the bottom would normally last about eight to nine months and that somebody from RainSoft would give us a call to tell us not to forget to change it. He then told us about the levels of the salt that's in the tube in our garage and that when it gets down, it'll show us on this digital screen what to fill it up to. All in all, I tell all my friends and sisters that everybody needs to get RainSoft, especially if you have kids that have allergies and eczema.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

We've had RainSoft before until it just got so old, it went bad. We ended up just replacing it. Installation was spread out over a few days because it was raining off and on, but they got it in. Everything went well, and now, the water is soft and everything is much cleaner.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

The sales rep was very professional, friendly, and knowledgeable. Everything was good, except RainSoft never gave me my $20 gift card for Home Depot. Apart from that, the guy came out and knew what he was doing and where he had to go. He was very knowledgeable about the install, professional, and showed me how to run it, what to watch for with the salt, and how to reset the equipment when we add salt. Both of the tanks on the outside of the house were installed and instantly, the taste of the water and the hardness of it were different. Water's water, but there was a major difference. I would absolutely recommend RainSoft.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

We just built a new house, and we went with a water softener because we could tell the water was hard. There is a RainSoft representative that lives in our neighborhood and I met her. She gave me information about the system and how great it is, so I reached out to her when we decided we wanted to do something. The day they scheduled the installation, my husband ended up getting called out on the job and I was working in a clinic and couldn't get away. Erica, our representative, showed up at our house, met them and took care of that for us so that we didn't have to miss that appointment. She was amazing.

All in all, it was an awesome experience through the finish, and I can definitely tell the difference since having the system. I've noticed our water tastes better, and when we shower, I can feel my skin isn't dry every time I get out of the shower like it used to be. Also, we have a glass shower and I've noticed that that hardness doesn't cling to the glass anymore.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

The whole process from getting the system installed was simple, and it doesn't take up a lot of space. I like RainSoft, and I enjoy it. I've heard of it in the past, and I know people who've had it, but the main reason I got it was on how the sales guys came and tested the water and guaranteed a certain level of filtering and purity. The system definitely makes my skin softer, and the taste of it is also much different compared to drinking anything else. Apart from adding salt, which I'm gonna have to do, there isn't any maintenance. If there is, it will be done through the people who installed it.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

The rep from RainSoft said that she was giving me this price but once she walks out the door, he couldn’t give me this price again. So, it was a high-pressure sale and very expensive, and we didn't get to shop around. But the rep was following the process she was taught to follow. I've been in sales most of my life so I get it. I loved her and had a blast with her. She was funny and we were like minded so we had lots of sidebar conversations and laughing and joking and carrying on. She was wonderful.

The system takes up a lot of space underneath our kitchen sink because we did the double filter system for the drinking water. But it's not a big deal. We even took the filter for the ice and cold water out of the refrigerator because our refrigerator can run without it and it was almost like the filter that's in the fridge ruined the expensive filtered water. We constantly had stuff floating in our water from the ice melting before we got the system. We don't now. Ice stays nice and clear. I’ve noticed the difference in how the water feels. There are 15 years’ worth of water deposits on my last shower door and I couldn't get it off. But now, I don't have any new water deposits anywhere.

I'm very glad that we got the system with all the crap in the water everywhere. We even saw it and I feel better that I'm drinking filtered water. But RainSoft’s price is still way too expensive. The pressure got to us and we didn't want to be drinking any more of that water that we just saw tested. Also, last minute, they threw in all these free products that you can get from this other company that say "natural" until you read the label and realize there are chemicals in there. I don't like most of the free products that they've given. They smell chemically and one of the products burned a hole in my clothes. So, even though the label says these are natural products and the title of the products has natural in it, it’s not. They are just mostly natural.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

My husband already knew exactly what he wanted and we didn't have to go through the sales rep from RainSoft. But the rep said that he would show us what was in there and I said okay. I was interested in what he had to show that was in our water but my husband knew only because we had it before. The installation was quick although the installers had to come back because it was pouring down rain and they could not dig out the pipe from the sewerage to the house. They had to wait until it was completely dry. But once they came back two days later and it had dried out, it took two hours and everything was done.

The quality of the system looks good. My husband said he filled up the rest of the bag. My mother has the big, tall one and it's this gargantuan thing. She loves it but my husband didn’t want that. We got the shorties and it goes right underneath his workbench, which he was very happy about. The installer said that this was a great project. If we ever moved, we would have them come back and do it again.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

We had to think about the RainSoft system and I called the rep back the next day and told him to go ahead. It was a good experience. I got the system with the square salt tank out in the front. It's got a unit that is in the laundry room too, for the water, and there's an outtake for the water that goes out. This is in the far end of my garage. It's a water drain out there when it drains and it's hooked to the vent that goes outside. There's a thing in there for the air that hooks to the ductwork that goes into the house. And it's lit up. Everything else has been green.

My only concern is the brown stain in the toilet. It comes off easy but it's not just a ring. It’s wherever the whole place of water sits in the toilet. I haven't checked lately but it looked good the last time I checked it. I'll talk to somebody on that as well as the type of pellets that go in this machine because when I have to buy some, I gotta know what to buy. I would recommend RainSoft to people though if they ask me the price, they may shy off. I don't give them the price.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

The installers, Montana and Mike, were on point. They were phenomenal guys and they did a good job. The water is softer since having the system installed. My wife's skin dries out really easy and her skin problems have been clearing up. It's a great system.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I met with the rep of RainSoft one day, we decided to get it, and the next day someone came out and installed it. It went well. They were professional. The rep hooked it up. Once he was done, he explained to me everything. They put one under the sink, and then they put it up outside. After that, I had a schedule with someone else that came and walked me through how to set it up, how to read it on my app or if I have any issue, who to contact. Now, my skin feels amazing. I don’t have to put on any lotion. After taking a shower, my skin is really silky. Normally, I have to put things on my hair to make it soft because of the hot water, but naturally, I don’t have to put anything. My hair was just instantly soft. I love it.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

We're really happy with RainSoft. It's made a big difference in not just my laundry but also in our shower.

RainSoft Water Treatment Systems Company Information