Livermore, CA

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.30/5

Puronics Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Puronics?
        How do I know I can trust these reviews about Puronics?

Original review: June 17, 2020

I been trying to get my product serviced since January 2020. The company that serviced us before decided we were to far for them to service, so I tried the other company from Puronics website which they only list two. The next one's mailbox is full and no one picks up the phone. So I called the main line and I got a couple more numbers. First one I called they said they can service unit but can't repair because they can't get parts. I called Puronics again and they reached out to rep for another service company and called me back with new company.

I reached out to them two weeks ago and gave them all my information and they said they were just getting back to work and would have the supervisor call me. No call so I called them back, took my information again and said someone would reach out to me, still nothing now system isn't generating soft water. Would of gave No stars but couldn't, ready to dump system and find a local company of which I should have done in the beginning.

Original review: May 9, 2020

A sales agent came into our home and tested my water, we were informed that we had cancer-causing agents in our water and in the neighorhood. I have a brother who was battling with cancer during this time, who would say things like this to sell a product? We were not shown a contract, quoted a price different from what we were charged, also told that we had 7-10 days to chance our minds. Now we have a lawyer and a lien against our property. This is fraud, and deceptive trade.

Get buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2020

We had a guy come do a water test, an hour and a half later, he tells us it $7599 for just the system. It’s almost 8pm needing to get my young children ready for bed, my husband had just gotten home from a long day at work, and he was pressuring us that we had to make the decision right then,I told him I will not make a huge purchase like that with thinking it over and doing my research after that is when he lost the sale he would not drop it and continued to hassle us about agreeing to buy it right then, and not just hassle us but turned extremely rude. We are buying a water filtration system but won’t be from puronics! After doing my research I’m glad I trusted my gut, you can get a water filtration system for your home for less than half the cost and without the horrible experience of someone in your home being completely unprofessional ! Do your research!!

Original review: June 1, 2019

I’ve read how some of you had bad experiences with the system, in my case it was the other way around. I am very satisfied, I love the products and I am saving a lot of money from what I used to spend in cleaning products etc, so for me it was an awesome decision and my family loves how their skin and hair feel. If you had leaks and this I know because I did a whole research before I bought it, is because your pipes were already too damaged and all of the sediments that were already there are causing complications. It is not the system but the dirt that’s causing it. And you could say well I didn’t have the problems before, well you were going to have them worse at some point.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Please dont take this Puronics Product. Is the worst nightmare! They are a bunch of liars and the product value is way too high. Lies lies and lies. I have had problems with the product since day 1 and they never pick up the phone in the office. Water leaks and my line was full of sand for 3 weeks. Had to call the owner of the company so they can come and send somebody that does not know what he was doing. If you finance dont do it! They destroyed my credit score???? The soaps they offer is another lie. They suck and they only send a few small boxes. They tell you is for 5 years. Another lie. I keep putting salt and salt and dont see the difference. This product is awful and they are a bunch of liars. Typical scam???? One of the worst choices I have made in my life???? Mr. Tony ** never answers my calls.

Original review: July 25, 2018

2 1/2 months has gone by and this water softener, Puronics, is not working properly. I've put in 5 bags of salt in 2 1/2 months. My old unit, 3 bags would last me 6 months. This unit I was told top of the line. BS. They took a sample of water. Going to take 7 days to get results. That's not what I asked. Why is the unit taking 3 bags every month. Not a happy camper. I paid $7000 for this unit.

Original review: May 7, 2018

In Feb of 2018 I purchased a Puronics system through a dealer (Aquafeel Solutions). I thought I was getting top of the line water filtration. The dealer, Aquafeel, tested my water, sold me on the system and had financing and installation the next day. The first week everything was fine until the second week. My houses started smelling like rotten eggs. I financed through Aqua Finance the amount of $7500.00. I now have realized they ripped me off.

I called Aquafeel to let them know the problem I was having and it was the worst experience with customer service I've ever had! Make a long story short... They did not properly test my water. I am on a private well. They installed the wrong equipment. They have been to my house three times and finally took the carbon filter and reinstalled my old equipment which I never discarded. Now I am paying for a system I am not using. I've contacted Puronics who tried to help but said for me to have the dealer contact them... Dealer refuses to contact them. Contacted the finance company, they can't contact the dealer! I think I am going to take legal action against this company. I feel so victimized.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

For service, equipment, quotes, Water tests. Ext. contact Clear Water Zone for the City of San Antonio and surrounding areas. Registered with the Texas water quality association. Puronics authorized dealer!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Horrible customer service. Puronics has a convoluted dealer network that sells their product directly to customers. Customers like me would buy the product from them trusting that it's Puronics selling this product. My Terminator iGen and Micromax 7000 system stopped working exactly 60 days after service and when I called Puronics customer support, they want me to talk the dealer who sold it to me (and I had no luck reaching him, as he was out of for a long holiday). Even though the product failed well within the warranty period, Puronics wanted me to pay ($159 initial consultation) for even a technician to come and diagnose and more for further repairs. DEFINITELY wouldn't recommend this product to anyone. They just don't stand behind their products and have no consideration for customer issues.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Moved to Florida 3 years ago and was contacted by Puronics (Anthony) and sold us a softener that really wasn't necessary because we are in a deed restricted area and our water is fine. But being a well owner previously we were convinced our water was not good for our water heater and receptacles etc not to mention drinking. After spending 4000.00 dollars we noticed brown water in toilets and could not figure out why being new to area, it could not possibly be a water softener. We had one in North Carolina for 15 years and never had an issue, but lo and behold, Puronics finally admitted a factory screw up in some of their softeners turned water brown! And I don't know if it was harmful to us or not? They would not say. It has been shut off for 2 years now, and if you look up (pissed consumer it goes into more detail on what transpired.

It is my opinion that zero tolerance is should be taken into account when it involves drinking water and finding there is something brown in it, and it isn't explained what and why we were put in this position! For all I know it may be something that causes cancer! Does this sound like a company to deal with? And yes we are in crystal river area which I believe is Puronics out of Spring Hill Florida!! Still sits here and I have decided to have another water company try to tell me what we drank? I know Puronics won't give us a straight answer. Be careful people. Very expensive, and could be hazardous to your health.

Puronics Company Information