Puronics

Livermore, CA

Compare Bath & Plumbing Companies

Research top Bath & Plumbing Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Last year, when I moved in to my new house, a salesperson from Green Living Water Solution came to my house to sell me Puronics System. I just moved in and they were a lot of salesperson trying to sell me things. When I talked to Green Living Water Solution, the salesperson told me it will only cost me $92 per month for six years. I was thinking this is okay but I was totally wrong. The salesperson came in my house on Saturday but he can't run my credit report. I forgot I have a credit fraud in my credit report. So, he told me he will try to run my credit on the weekend. On Aug. 20, 2012, the salesperson called me to let me know I was approved for the loan. He wanted to come to my home and ask me to sign the paperwork. Before I even got home, the sales person was already waiting for me outside of my front door. He didn't explain anything to me and just wanted me to sign all the paperwork. He took the paperwork with him and told me that when they finish the install of the system, they will give me the contract.

The next day, the owner of Green Living Water Solution came by to my house. Once again, he waited for me outside my house. They wasted no time in trying to install the system in the house, even the law states that I have three days to cancel. But they installed the system before I can change my mind. That is not the worst. After a month, the system is not working. They have to change the part and I was very unhappy when I received the loan statement. This was not 6-year loan, it was a 9-year loan and the interest is 19.99%. Why would I want to pay for the system that is almost $9,000? So, I contacted NV Contractor Board and found out Green Living Water Solution doesn't have the license. I also found out the install was totally incorrect. I wrote a letter asking Green Living Water Solution to remove the system from my house. I never heard from them when I tried to contact Puronics. They told me it is not their problem.

NV District Attorney took the case against Green Living Water Solution. According to the District Attorney, Green Living Water Solution doesn't want to go to court. So they admitted they don't have a business license. In other words, they can't sell me the system and sub-contract to someone to install it in my house. But that's what Puronics did for me. Last year, Green Living Water Solution and Puronics asked me to pay for the finance company. They stated I don't have to pay two years interest and turn it down. Unless I am crazy, why would I want to pay for a system that's not even worth $9,000, especially since I know they are scamming me? Puronics is the company that provides the water system to those dealers but they never take any liability if something is wrong. I will never buy anything from the door sales person anymore because everyone is just trying to scam me for my money.

In June 2010, I filed a complaint against Great Southern Services in Longwood, Florida. My intentions were not to comment about the California Branch of Puronics in Livermore. As an update to my post in June 2010, I apologize to the firm for misunderstanding that I was going to retract my statement once I have received the free service. To update everyone, after I posted my complaint, Great Southern Services called me and asked what happened. I updated the representative regarding my dissatisfaction and she issued a check for the money I paid out for the follow up service.

The supervisor that came out was extremely courteous and apologetic for the oversight on a clogged filter that the previous service technician overlooked. He finished servicing the unit and gave me a couple of tips and was totally opposite of the first guy I dealt with. I received a rebate check within 2 weeks as promised. I recently called for my yearly inspection and they are going to honor their free service for this year for my inconvenience! How great is that! Most people forget after a month but when I called, Kristin was right on the ball and had all of my information as stated, not as they wanted it to be! Thank you Great Southern for honoring your word!

According to what is stated in this post, this customer was satisfied by Great Southern Water Treatment, Inc. Great Southern Water Treatment, Inc. is located in Longwood, Florida and is an independent distributor of Puronics products. Great Southern is not owned or managed by Puronics.

The customer did not responded back a follow up. We not only handled this situation once we found out about it and did everything in our abilities to make this customer happy. She agreed that she was happy with the outcome, and said she was going to make a rebuttal, but never did. We felt that one needed to be made, due to that we have gone above and beyond with customer service to make sure she is happy now.

I purchased the Ionics Home System from Ionics who became Great Southern who is now Puronics. At the time I bought it, I was first charged $7,000.00 and found out from another water company that I was being ripped off. When I called to cancel, the "owner" got on the phone and gave it to me for less than half of the original price. Okay, well each year for about $200.00. They are supposed to come out and service the unit. Last year, they asked me to tape a check to the unit and the guy "forgot" to pick it up. My boyfriend said they forgot because they never came by.

This year, I received my card for service and called and was informed the price went up from $199 to $240.00 which I said fine. Well, I checked my salt level and it hasn't moved since February. We dug out some of the salt and the alleged "charcoal filter" that was supposed to be replaced was covered in dirt and cobwebs and according to a friend of mine who owns a water system maintenance company, said the filter hasn't been changed in years. I have a call into Puronics/Great Southern and have my fingers crossed that they will address the issue. I love my Ionics system but I hate dealing with Great Southern/Puronics so anybody have an alternative solution for the maintenance work, please post it here! Updates to follow if I receive a call back!

This complaint needs to be directed to Great Southern Water Treatment, Inc. in Longwood, Florida. Great Southern Water Treatment, Inc. is an independent distributor of Puronics products. Great Southern Water Treatment, Inc. is not owned or managed by Puronics.

I purchased the Ionic Home System from Ionic who became Great Southern who is now Puronics. At the time I bought it, I was first charged $7000.00 and found out from another water company that I was being ripped off. When I called to cancel, the "owner" got on the phone and gave it to me for less than half of the original price. Okay, well, each year for about $200.00, they are supposed to come out and service the unit. Last year, they asked me to tape a check to the unit and the guy "forgot" to pick it up. My boyfriend said they forgot because they never came by.

This year I received my card for service and called and was informed the price went up from $199 to $240.00 which I said fine. Well, I checked my salt level and it hasn’t moved since February. We dug out some of the salt and the alleged "charcoal filter" that was supposed to be replaced was covered in dirt and cobwebs and according to a friend of mine, who owns a water system maintenance company, said the filter hasn’t been changed in years. I have a call into Puronics/Great Southern and have my fingers crossed that they will address the issue. I love, love, love my Ionic System, but I hate, hate, hate dealing with Great Southern/Puronics so anybody have an alternative solution for the maintenance work, please post it here! Updates to follow if I receive a call back! At this point, I noticed that my water does not taste as good as it used to, but I am hoping they will step up to the plate and fix it. The salt in the unit is solid as a rock now, and I have a feeling the service will be no charge, but the labor will be astronomical!

This complaint needs to be directed to Great Southern Water Treatment, Inc. in Longwood, Florida. Great Southern Water Treatment, Inc. is an indepedent distributor of Puronics products. Great Southern Water Treatment, Inc. is not owned or managed by Puronics.

Puronics Company Profile