Livermore, CA

3.2/5 (61 ratings)

About Puronics

Puronics Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Puronics?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Puronics?

Original review: May 16, 2022

Purchased home with existing Puronics water system in 2020. Charcoal filter failed in 2021. Could not get individual dealers in central Florida to service. Exception: One dealer did site visit and would replace filter for $600.00 Never heard back. I called him twice - said he cannot secure a filter. Corporate claims the filter is available, gave me a list of existing dealers that I already called. Said they would follow up, never did. I called once, left message, they never called back. My system is the Terminator and went out of production in 2011. So, why would anyone purchase a new system for $10,000 from Puronics if they don't service a system that was, at the time, potentially ten years old?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

I purchased a house with a Puronics whole house water softener already installed. After a couple of months the control panel started flashing service needed with a 1-800 number to call. I tried calling the number several times and was told to leave a message and someone would contact me and I never heard back. I then tried calling the number for the main office and got another recording and again I never heard from anyone. I then went to their website and tried the online chat just to find out what the warranty was on this product and couldn't even get an answer to this simple question, they wanted my info to put me in touch with a salesperson. I don't need a salesperson I need service.

After all this I called my home warranty and they sent out two different service reps from different companies and they both said the unit is shot. This unit is only a little over 4 years old, my brother has a lot cheaper system and his is going on 7 years old. In conclusion I would never purchase a product from this company, can't get anyone to service their product or even get anyone on the phone to answer basic questions. Terrible service.

Get buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 23, 2021

After concluding my own research from company to company, warranty to warranty, and many others, Puronics provides the best system available with the best value. You can get a cheap water softener nowadays anywhere, but most homeowners just like me, were very uneducated on different types of systems. I went thru the process of many other companies and salespeople, Puronics gave the most rational breakdown on their system versus the others out there (Culligan, Kinetico, Pelican, etc). Little did I know that reviews on Consumer Affairs are "paid for" advertisements. Which means companies can pay to choose what the reviews they want. Also Puronics does not claim their business on Consumer Affairs for that fact, so most reviews are inaccurate. They are accredited and certified through Feefo (verified customer reviews from BBB) and received the diamond certified award.

The value of the system comes in the form of longevity and quality. None compares and I am more than happy with my purchase. Over 70 years of experience and certifications its clear cut decision. I've gone through the cheap $2k softener year in and year out not knowing my city water has so many other problems than just hard water. The installation process was incredible, professional, and you saw the care they put in to make it perfect. Customer service, honesty in all parts of the process, and quality make Puronics the best water filtration system available on the market. DO NOT choose anyone else!

Original review: March 10, 2021

Free supplies for five years and service maintenance. Supplies stopped after about two months, no service rep. Overpriced product. Online this product is half of what the representative charged us for our equipment.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

I love my water system, have had it for about a year now BUT I have in writing I would get a $300.00 referral check for each referral up to 5/year. 4 months ago I referred my sister in law and still haven't received my check--now the dealer I went through is out of business and corporate just keeps telling me they will check into it. 7 calls later still nothing! They also changed cleaner companies and I was told that Sonoma would still honor my 5 years of free products, well they aren't. No one is willing to answer any questions honestly.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

We bought our system here in Boise. We have owned three other water softeners and never in my life have I seen water so clean and pure. I think the bad reviews are a function of a bad dealer. I use a CPAP at night and I previously bought distilled water. No need now the water is so clear and clean. Our dealer, Ultra Water Tech was great. It is the same technology that NASA uses, it costs a little extra but you are getting so much more with Puronics.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

We were told that we could try out their water filtration system and if we did not like it we could have the system taken out and only pay for the time we used it. The salesman also said that they would run a soft credit check. After two weeks, we decided that we did not want the system due to financial reasons and that the system just wasn't worth it. When we contacted the company to have our services canceled, we were told that we are responsible for the $7,500.00 unit and could not cancel. The salesman also lied about the credit check. It hit my credit as a hard inquiry and dropped my credit by 22 points.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I been trying to get my product serviced since January 2020. The company that serviced us before decided we were to far for them to service, so I tried the other company from Puronics website which they only list two. The next one's mailbox is full and no one picks up the phone. So I called the main line and I got a couple more numbers. First one I called they said they can service unit but can't repair because they can't get parts. I called Puronics again and they reached out to rep for another service company and called me back with new company.

I reached out to them two weeks ago and gave them all my information and they said they were just getting back to work and would have the supervisor call me. No call so I called them back, took my information again and said someone would reach out to me, still nothing now system isn't generating soft water. Would of gave No stars but couldn't, ready to dump system and find a local company of which I should have done in the beginning.

Original review: May 9, 2020

A sales agent came into our home and tested my water, we were informed that we had cancer-causing agents in our water and in the neighorhood. I have a brother who was battling with cancer during this time, who would say things like this to sell a product? We were not shown a contract, quoted a price different from what we were charged, also told that we had 7-10 days to chance our minds. Now we have a lawyer and a lien against our property. This is fraud, and deceptive trade.

Original review: March 18, 2020

We had a guy come do a water test, an hour and a half later, he tells us it $7599 for just the system. It’s almost 8pm needing to get my young children ready for bed, my husband had just gotten home from a long day at work, and he was pressuring us that we had to make the decision right then,I told him I will not make a huge purchase like that with thinking it over and doing my research after that is when he lost the sale he would not drop it and continued to hassle us about agreeing to buy it right then, and not just hassle us but turned extremely rude. We are buying a water filtration system but won’t be from puronics! After doing my research I’m glad I trusted my gut, you can get a water filtration system for your home for less than half the cost and without the horrible experience of someone in your home being completely unprofessional ! Do your research!!

Puronics Company Information