3.74/5

Need a water treatment system?

Livermore, CA

Need a water treatment system?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Puronics Reviews

Original review: June 1, 2019

I’ve read how some of you had bad experiences with the system, in my case it was the other way around. I am very satisfied, I love the products and I am saving a lot of money from what I used to spend in cleaning products etc, so for me it was an awesome decision and my family loves how their skin and hair feel. If you had leaks and this I know because I did a whole research before I bought it, is because your pipes were already too damaged and all of the sediments that were already there are causing complications. It is not the system but the dirt that’s causing it. And you could say well I didn’t have the problems before, well you were going to have them worse at some point.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Please dont take this Puronics Product. Is the worst nightmare! They are a bunch of liars and the product value is way too high. Lies lies and lies. I have had problems with the product since day 1 and they never pick up the phone in the office. Water leaks and my line was full of sand for 3 weeks. Had to call the owner of the company so they can come and send somebody that does not know what he was doing. If you finance dont do it! They destroyed my credit score???? The soaps they offer is another lie. They suck and they only send a few small boxes. They tell you is for 5 years. Another lie. I keep putting salt and salt and dont see the difference. This product is awful and they are a bunch of liars. Typical scam???? One of the worst choices I have made in my life???? Mr. Tony ** never answers my calls.

Get expert buying tips about Water Treatment Systems delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: July 25, 2018

2 1/2 months has gone by and this water softener, Puronics, is not working properly. I've put in 5 bags of salt in 2 1/2 months. My old unit, 3 bags would last me 6 months. This unit I was told top of the line. BS. They took a sample of water. Going to take 7 days to get results. That's not what I asked. Why is the unit taking 3 bags every month. Not a happy camper. I paid $7000 for this unit.

Original review: May 7, 2018

In Feb of 2018 I purchased a Puronics system through a dealer (Aquafeel Solutions). I thought I was getting top of the line water filtration. The dealer, Aquafeel, tested my water, sold me on the system and had financing and installation the next day. The first week everything was fine until the second week. My houses started smelling like rotten eggs. I financed through Aqua Finance the amount of $7500.00. I now have realized they ripped me off.

I called Aquafeel to let them know the problem I was having and it was the worst experience with customer service I've ever had! Make a long story short... They did not properly test my water. I am on a private well. They installed the wrong equipment. They have been to my house three times and finally took the carbon filter and reinstalled my old equipment which I never discarded. Now I am paying for a system I am not using. I've contacted Puronics who tried to help but said for me to have the dealer contact them... Dealer refuses to contact them. Contacted the finance company, they can't contact the dealer! I think I am going to take legal action against this company. I feel so victimized.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

For service, equipment, quotes, Water tests. Ext. contact Clear Water Zone for the City of San Antonio and surrounding areas. Registered with the Texas water quality association. Puronics authorized dealer!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Puronics?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Horrible customer service. Puronics has a convoluted dealer network that sells their product directly to customers. Customers like me would buy the product from them trusting that it's Puronics selling this product. My Terminator iGen and Micromax 7000 system stopped working exactly 60 days after service and when I called Puronics customer support, they want me to talk the dealer who sold it to me (and I had no luck reaching him, as he was out of for a long holiday). Even though the product failed well within the warranty period, Puronics wanted me to pay ($159 initial consultation) for even a technician to come and diagnose and more for further repairs. DEFINITELY wouldn't recommend this product to anyone. They just don't stand behind their products and have no consideration for customer issues.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Moved to Florida 3 years ago and was contacted by Puronics (Anthony) and sold us a softener that really wasn't necessary because we are in a deed restricted area and our water is fine. But being a well owner previously we were convinced our water was not good for our water heater and receptacles etc not to mention drinking. After spending 4000.00 dollars we noticed brown water in toilets and could not figure out why being new to area, it could not possibly be a water softener. We had one in North Carolina for 15 years and never had an issue, but lo and behold, Puronics finally admitted a factory screw up in some of their softeners turned water brown! And I don't know if it was harmful to us or not? They would not say. It has been shut off for 2 years now, and if you look up (pissed consumer it goes into more detail on what transpired.

It is my opinion that zero tolerance is should be taken into account when it involves drinking water and finding there is something brown in it, and it isn't explained what and why we were put in this position! For all I know it may be something that causes cancer! Does this sound like a company to deal with? And yes we are in crystal river area which I believe is Puronics out of Spring Hill Florida!! Still sits here and I have decided to have another water company try to tell me what we drank? I know Puronics won't give us a straight answer. Be careful people. Very expensive, and could be hazardous to your health.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I purchased my Puronics from a local dealer. My husband set up an appointment with a salesman who came to our house and did a water quality demo. I knew that we had hard water and I was not happy with the chlorine content in our tap water. I previously used carbon filters attached to our shower heads and had a Brita pitcher in the fridge. I was not happy with replacing the filters in the bathroom and I didn't like how they looked. I thought that a system would make it easier and that I would not have to worry about buying bottled water and so forth.

The system was pretty expensive, but I did not have to finance it. The installation was fine. Ultimately I'm happy because the water is better throughout my house. My house is old and in need of remodeling so this was my first step. I was able to take the filters off of the shower and I'm not suffering from skin breakouts from the chlorine and hair products work better on my tough curly hair. If you can afford it I would recommend the system. I'm happy because the water is clean and I do a lot less work now.

Original review: March 4, 2017

Got Puronics Hydronex water solution in November 2016. I was told the amount I would buy was $7999 but when I got the loan paper it said I'm going to be paying 15,000 for the unit when they told me it was only $7999. That if I wanted to get it for 9000 I have to make payments of 300 and not a hundred like they told me. What can I do? Can anyone help or let me know what can I do?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2016

We've had our Puronics home system for over 3 years. Now, for over a month the system has not been working. We had to turn off the filter because the water in our sinks and toilets started to come out dark coffee color. We called a technician to come take a look at it. He said, all the water was working great except our filter. He called the company Puronics customer line for me and no answer. My technician had told me that I would need to replace a part on the filter. The filter is not easy to remove and I cannot do myself. He also added that it would cost me another thousand dollars in expenses.

However, The Puronics system comes with a lifetime warranty which I was told when I bought the system. I paid more than 5000 dollars for the system and will not pay another dime because I worked so hard on paying that 5000 off without interest. I know there is some kind of defect on this product. I researched online that they no longer make my model. Please help me resolve this.

Puronics Company Information