2. Homeowners

Find deals on a new lawn mower

Shop and compare today on Cub Cadet

Visit Website

Poulan Pro Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Poulan Pro?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Poulan Pro?

Original review: July 24, 2018

I bought this 42 inch rider 20 years ago and have used it at least weekly and sometimes twice a week for those 20 years, both at my residence and my lake cottage. It's never had a major problem and still performs like new. It's a very well built machine.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Bought the Poulan Pro30 because of its size and price as an upgrade from a walk behind mower. PROs: Nice looking. Narrow so it fits through gates. Small size takes up less space. CONS: Wheel width is slightly greater than blade length so trimming is not possible in many situations. Drive wheel just spins if not on perfectly flat surface. Mower drive belt falls off every time blade is disengaged (no pulley retaining bar). Blade pulley mandrel failed (froze up) in year 2. Steering only turns one front wheel and the other pivots and follows which is not too bad when the turf is flat and even. Next time I will sacrifice size and get a regular style mower.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I bought a Poulan lawn tractor from Home Depot on 9/3/2016. I used it one full season and the very next season the bearing seized in the transmission burning out plastic parts that the bearing was housed in. I sent it to Barnstead Motorsports in Barnstead NH. They have had it since May and are unable to get the correct parts for transmission p/n 580486201 which I gather has been superseded by p/n 590277501 because of the defective nature of the latter p/n. If I do not get satisfaction soon I will start a campaign of hell.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Very nice lawn mower. Cuts great. Only issues is the deck does not have cover for the pulleys, the seat with being a short person 5'4 needs to more adjustable. Closer to pedals for someone short. Also, the safety switch has a tendency to shut tractor off.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I’ve only had my Poulan Pro 46inch hydrostatic riding mower for two weeks and it gets stuck in forward and reverse to the point that you have to stomp the pedal to get it to STOP or CHANGE direction. I was backing up in reverse in my driveway and I was about to run into my own car and I went to press the forward pedal and it was stuck. I didn’t want the thing to run into my car so I had to stomp the forward pedal and the ** mower popped a wheelie and since I was on an incline it came very close to flipping over backwards. Several people saw this and ran to my aid because they knew something was bad wrong.

Although I’m only 48 years old and recently diagnosed with osteonecrosis I’ve had double total hip replacement surgeries and I CANNOT AFFORD these kinds of risks. Most men my age could probably flip a lawn mower and be ok but I CAN'T! I’m going to Home Depot tomorrow to either get my money back OR trade it for something comparable. I DO NOT WANT IT TO BE FIXED! I WANT THIS POS TO BE REPLACED or MONEY BACK! It scared me to death as I could have been seriously injured and I’ve spent enough time in hospitals in the last two years to be hurt by a damn lawn mower!!! THE END!!!

Original review: May 22, 2018

My neighbor gifted me a brand new Poulan Pro 18” 42cc chainsaw he got on sale at Menards for 139. I messed up and loaned it out and I think they ran it into the ground. The chain went dull quick after getting it back. A quick sharpening with a file and it was back to cutting good. I did need to run the idle screw in a couple times for it to remain running in between cuts. It eventually stayed in and running. I ran it for 2 days straight, 6 hrs the first day on some smaller stuff (12” and under).

The second day I put the spare chain on that cake with the saw and ran it 12 hrs Cutting big stuff from 12”-24” and it did great. The idle screw worked its way in so I backed it off a bit so it didn’t idle so fast. For what my neighbor paid for the saw, I would recommend it to anyone who has common sense. If anyone doubts this review, you can contact me via email and I can show pics an possible video of the trees I cut. I am only speaking of the capabilities of the saw itself and not the customer service of Poulan or Menards.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Ordered Poulan Pro 46" 22-HP Briggs & Stratton Zero-Turn Riding Mower and immediately the problems began. First, one of the retention screws for the seat was missing... Trip to Lowe's/Home Depot. Then the controls handles have a special inset tool required to install the handles. The "tools required" list omits this tool... You can't install without it. Of course I called their 1800 customer service number and the message was "Thanks for calling... Closed for the holidays". I'll have this 550 pound engine/frame sitting in my garage until 2018 to find out if it will ever work.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I will never purchase any product from Poulan as a result of my experience with the chainsaw I purchased from Walmart. When it wouldn't start I took it to my local small engine repair shop who told me there was no compression and the saw was shot. The saw was only used a handful of times and was cleaned and maintained meticulously. Their customer service was horrible and Walmart was no better. I now have 3 trees that blew over with no way to cut them up. Poulan's products in my opinion are worthless.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I bought a 46" riding mower from HD in May 2017. Used it for less than 20 hours and a blade rotator mechanism broke off and damaged the spindle. Took it to a repair shop and the techs there said it should be covered fine under PP's warranty as the items that broke are covered, but warned me that Poulan Pro has been denying more and more claims recently as they have started to not support and back their products anymore. 3 weeks later, Poulan Pro denies the claim and I have to pay $150 from pocket to get my $1300 mower back.

What total garbage. I am beyond livid because Poulan Pro refused to do what they stated in their warranty. Not only the above, but when I received my mower it had missing pieces. A bolt under the seat (which keeps it from sliding during use) and the steering wheel cover were missing. I called and spoke with multiple people at Poulan Pro to get the parts sent to me, was promised calls back and never got them. Be warned and advise you stay away from this worthless company. Garbage quality and terrible customer support. Never buying another Poulan Pro item ever again.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Pardon for the vulgarity... but you know when you just got your ** kicked by Hurricane Irma... you just want help from your mechanical equipment to clean up the mess! I run the blower for 1 hour, runs out gas and is impossible to start again! I let this Poulan Pro 25cc piece of ** gas blower sit overnight, followed the starting steps precisely, (you have to or you have no chance of starting it) and this pile of mechanical garbage doesn't even sound like it will start! A Poulan product will never reside in my shop or home again... and I'm not stopping here, going to let this company know loud and clear! RIPOFF! and clear! RIPOFF!

Poulan Pro Company Information

1912
    9335 Harris Corners Pkwy.
    Charlotte