2. Homeowners
  3. Paint Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.16/5

Glidden Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Glidden?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Glidden?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

I have used a lot of paint in my day and Glidden has always been the best price and superior quality for that price. Coverage on bare wood and new walls has been accomplished easily with their products.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

Love the texture, Paint dries fast on the surface. Love the variety of colors they offer. Would always recommend it over other brands. I have always used the semi-gloss texture that Glidden offers, which make it look beautiful on walls.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I feel this brand is a very good quality brand. It usually gets the job done right. Definitely in the top 10 in overall quality. Has not failed any projects yet, whether indoor or outdoor projects this brand seems to hold its own and accomplish the job.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

Paint covers in one coat very well. Just as good as a more expensive brand and has a good variety of colors. I used it on a wall that had been painted black and was very doubtful about the coverage I would need, but the light blue color covered the darker paint in one coat.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

Great paint. Always have a color I love and would recommend to everyone! Just recently bought a Gray scale paint and painted my door and it looks amazing! Love love love love love love this brand! Don’t really know what else to say.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

It mixes well and always comes out looking just like I pictured. We have painted 4 rooms in our house with Glidden one coat paints. One coat does it for most walls. We would recommend using these paints because they're affordable and come out looking great.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

Painted master bedroom ceiling on 15 Sept 2020 with 1 coat, and the master bedroom area painted was ~11 x 15 = 165 sq ft. Sent complaints to Glidden telling them: 2 major complaints with this paint,

1. I ended up using 1-1/2 gallons for 165 sq ft. Label on the can said 380 to 420 sq ft. coverage, but the first gallon can only covered ~ 110 sq ft. with around 60 sq ft which used ~50% of the second can. I am totally disappointed with the coverage of this paint.

2. Smell from the paint is horrible. I felt irritating with small burning in my throat area for the last many days and have to spit out saliva/mucus caused by the paint in my throat area, plus occasional coughing. My wife has suffered from mild running nose for a few days. I opened the window daily in day time for over a week to vent out but the smell is still there. We only stayed in the room when the window was opened and could not sleep in or stay too long in the room. HOW MANY MORE DAYS DO WE HAVE TO SUFFER FROM THE SMELL AND ILL EFFECTS until all the smell is gone????

Local Paint Store contacted me on 25 Sep and I told him that I have contacted Glidden with the above complaint. He said he will escalate to Glidden management. Never heard back from Glidden until 15 Oct 2020 (a month later) with "Your PPG Ticket ** Glidden Ultra has been completed. If any further assistance is needed, please do not hesitate to contact us." What a disappointment.

Also from Glidden website Safety Data Sheet listed all kinds of health hazard information there, do not understand why this paint is selling to home owner for indoor use with all this hazard components. ** I went and see my family doctor this week and was confirmed that I have irritation in my throat area caused by this paint. This is a month after using the paint, and minor smell is still inside the room. We have not been using the room for a month. Do not buy and use this Glidden Ultra ceiling paint in your home, you surely will suffer.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

I have been purchasing Glidden from Home Depot for a number of years and have always been extremely satisfied with their quality. Additionally, I'll pick up the Glidden ceiling paint at Walmart where it is priced at about $14 per gallon. I think it's a great product.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

This paint washes very well. The walls don't fade out. The coverage is very good. The pricing is comparable to others. It usually can be purchased locally. They have a good selection of colors. We have used this brand for years.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2020

I just painted the entire house interior with Glidden Premium. I did extensive research on the best budget paint and this one didn’t disappoint. They have tons of colors and the coverage is great!!

Glidden Company Information