2. Miscellaneous

4.1/5 (70 ratings)

About Glidden

Glidden Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Glidden?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Glidden?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

I've used Glidden Paint for many years, this is the best paint, that I've found, Glidden is affordable. It covers beautifully, clean up is a breeze and it's very durable. I have used the other top brands but I'm a Glidden customer for Iife! I love the finishes. The eggshell is my new favorite.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

Glidden paint is the paint to bring out any walls inside and outside a home. I recommend Glidden paint to family and friends along with customers! I give Glidden 100% satisfactory use of painting!! I am 100% happy with Glidden paint and will always buy this paint for any use of any home being painting!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

I've used this product to paint my bathroom. I used a light color to cover a dark color... it worked perfectly. I have used this more than once and it never disappointed me. It has stood the test of time.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

Great paint for the price range. I've used this paint for years without concern or complaint. Great coverage and lasting color. Only downside is lack of color variety which seems less than its competitors.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

This is a thicker paint that goes on smooth and covers most surfaces in one application, no need to purchase those paints that have the primer inside. Don't waste your money. This is the paint to buy and available at most big box stores...

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

A Brand I grew up using so I feel confident about still using it now as an older adult in 2020. Other brands not as familiar to me. It takes care of my painting needs. It mixes and spreads fine for my usage.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

This brand is usually the only brand available at the local hardware store. I started using it due to the lack of options, but have always been happy with it. It's easy to clean (when dry of course). It also seems to dry pretty fast, and there never seems to be a shortage of color options.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

Building a large storage bench with box cushion for grandson's birthday. Explained to salesperson at Home Depot what I was doing and this was recommended for interior of lid and storage area. Sanded, cleaned, and primed with Kilz 2 Gray Interior & Exterior primer. Built this from 3/4" plywood, understanding a good primer would be needed. Primer went on beautifully with 2 coats. Let dry for 48 hours. Gave light hand sanding with 220 grit sand paper, vacuumed, and wiped with a microfiber cloth thoroughly. Applied thin coat of the Glidden using 'Best' labeled paint brush for corners and around braces & 'Best' smooth surface paint roller for flat areas.

Let dry for 24 hours, still tacky, let dry for another 24 hours. Applied 2nd thin coat. Remained tacky for 5 days. Sanded down to the wood (anyone that has tried to sand tacky paint knows how difficult, time consuming, and how much sand paper needed from getting gummed up). Started all over. Allowing even more time between coats of both primer (primer still went on great, again dried beautifully!) and the paint. Same results. Back to sanding down to wood again! Will NEVER use Glidden again. NEVER. Thanks to Glidden paint I did not finish in time for grandson's birthday.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

Love the products. Only paint I choose for my home. The paint goes on easy, covers good, always a good selections of colors. The exterior paint holds up well in the South Carolina weather and the price is reasonable.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

I have used a lot of paint in my day and Glidden has always been the best price and superior quality for that price. Coverage on bare wood and new walls has been accomplished easily with their products.

Glidden Company Information