2. Homeowners
  3. Paint Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.29/5

Glidden Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Glidden?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Glidden?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I repaint almost the entire inside of the house every time we move - and that is pretty often. Glidden paints are always easy to apply, provide excellent coverage, and there's little effort to clean up. Good color selection - especially when looking for that perfect shade of "white". Have used other brands of paint, but always come back to Glidden feeling it's the best value for the money.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

I had to cut in and paint the corners a total of 4 times, just to get the same results as the cheap Walmart paint. I was hoping to have a paint that do as it claim, paint and primer all in one. Watching a YouTube video online was much more helpful than the instructions on the can.

Get buying tips about Paint Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

I built a set of steps going up into the back yard using rough lumber. Undecided whether to use stain or paint, I opted for Glidden paint and was surprised that it covered and sealed the rough boards surprisingly well. One coat, thickly applied did the trick. While my first inclination was to use stain, the paint has held up well for several years now and I don't regret my choice of Glidden one bit.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

Oh my God, the difference that it made in my bathroom, my paint was so old and chipped and the Glidden paint brightened it right up and it was so decorated beautiful. Everyone is amazed when they see my washroom. It covers fingerprints and old marks on the walls. When we bought the old house there was absolutely no improvements done in probably over 15 years and that changed everything.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I have been painting home from the age of 12. I've tried all the major brands and always go back to Glidden. My uncle was a professional painter and told me, for side jobs and personal work, he use Glidden over Sherwin Williams. That stuck in my head, I'm now 54 and still use Glidden whenever possible. Price, selection and job results.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

Good quality paint. The brand could benefit from having more colors to select from and advertising more. Make the brand more accessible by having it in more outlets. These are my final thoughts on the brand.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

Great for trim. Was using Rust-Oleum to paint but wasn't thick enough so decide to try Glidden and was very well pleased. Would recommend this product for all your painting needs. Was going to paint walls but they were already done.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

I've used Glidden Paint for many years, this is the best paint, that I've found, Glidden is affordable. It covers beautifully, clean up is a breeze and it's very durable. I have used the other top brands but I'm a Glidden customer for Iife! I love the finishes. The eggshell is my new favorite.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

Glidden paint is the paint to bring out any walls inside and outside a home. I recommend Glidden paint to family and friends along with customers! I give Glidden 100% satisfactory use of painting!! I am 100% happy with Glidden paint and will always buy this paint for any use of any home being painting!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

I've used this product to paint my bathroom. I used a light color to cover a dark color... it worked perfectly. I have used this more than once and it never disappointed me. It has stood the test of time.

Glidden author review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

Glidden is a paint brand sold at Walmart, The Home Depot and independent hardware stores in the United States and Canada. It sells affordable interior and exterior paints as well as paints for special surfaces.

• Glidden paint and product options: In addition to a wide range of paints for the inside and outside of your home, Glidden makes specially formulated paint for porches, masonry and stucco, barns and fences, ceilings and more.

• Color-inspiration tools: Glidden’s website has a room-visualization tool, how-to articles and color boards to help you find inspiration for your next project. You can easily find coordinating colors for your existing decor, or start from scratch with a new palette.

• Unique ceiling paint: Glidden offers a special ceiling paint that is pink while it’s wet but dries to a white finish. This helps you not to miss any spots, making painting your ceiling easier.

• Glidden paint colors: Glidden’s online color matching tool is a great way to quickly find a color you need. You can upload any photo or choose a photo from the web and match all the colors in the image to the closest Glidden paint shade.

• Where to buy Glidden paint: Find Glidden products at The Home Depot, Walmart and local hardware stores. Check the company’s website to find the nearest retailer.

by Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Glidden Company Information