4.50/5
Based on 16 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

16 Glidden Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 8, 2018

I have used Glidden many times and I've always had good results on all of my projects. It's also reasonably priced. I first selected this brand mainly because the cost was less than other brands. I really didn't know what to expect but ended up being very well satisfied with the results. My expectations were definitely exceeded and I have used it many times since. This brand has a very nice finish and it seems to hold up well over time, even with pets and children in the home. The color has always come out nicely and covered surfaces well without needing multiple coats like some other paints I have used.

Original review: May 7, 2018

The primers come with a variety of base coverings. Such as, hard to hide coverage. Multi- media coverage. For instance, I have an issue with enamel and oil paints being mixed on my walls. But it did seem to get a little thick a bit too quick. It had to be shaken and stirred to its seeming demise. More primer or base coat options would be nice. My overall experience was pretty good. I have bought it more than once because once you get familiar with its quirks it is quite reasonably priced for the quality.

Get expert buying tips about Paint Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I was very pleased that I only had to apply one coat and that it dried faster than I anticipated. It withstood three children, 3 dogs, and 3 cats. It was so easy to clean. The color was exactly what I was looking for. This product was easy to use. It was affordable with as many of the features I want from an interior paint. It exceeded my expectations.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I decided to used Glidden, and it did meet expectations. The product is premium quality. It has a great value, good price and it works great. It was better than the previous brands I used, it really does what it advertise. I liked how with just one pass it painted the wall without a second pass. I liked everything about Glidden, I think I'll keep using it for now. My overall experience was great and I would recommend it.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Glidden dried at a reasonable time and really seems to clean easy. The salesman was really helpful with knowing about the product and he explained he uses the same brand of paint. There was a great color palette to choose from and it's great and so far he was right on the money. It is truly a good paint and should at least hold up against my grand kids. I'm looking forward to see how long it last and keeping my fingers crossed. Glidden meet my needs and it turned out great but wish you could get a different scent to add to the paint so your house don't have that smell like scented candles. Also it should have a much longer warranty and the price could be cheaper. I have had a great experience so far with this paint and I'm happy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Glidden?

Original review: May 1, 2018

I'm familiar with Glidden so I chose it. It was readily available and the color was as described or close to it even after it dried. But there should be more variety of colors for this brand. I had to settle for one I was not looking for because it was the only one available. It was overall a pleasant experience. It was good, the price was fair, and it went on smoothly. I would use Glidden again.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Glidden is an excellent choice. I like the color selection and the consistency of the paint. I have tried several other brands, and have always come back to the Glidden brand. I really like the satin effect. It is very easy to keep clean and to remove any marks that would accidentally happen. I have used it for many years. I have fake brick paneling in my kitchen that I had painted white and I especially like the way the paint has held up as a back splash by my sink. Overall, I like the price of Glidden, I like the way it covers previous paint, even darker colors.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Advice from an experienced family member helped us choose Glidden. The choice was between Glidden and another cheaper brand. I chose Glidden because it had the perfect color my wife and I could agree on. I purchased it from Home Depot. It has a good finish and its best selling point is its unbeatable price. It is quality paint that is comparable to higher end brands for less which gives it the best bang for my buck. But it would be nice to see textured interior paint to add a unique look to specific rooms. I believe this is possible, but I'm not a paint expert. Glidden exceeded my expectations and I was very pleased and satisfied with it.

Original review: April 27, 2018

Glidden was very affordable and adequate. There were a lot of colors to choose from. Moreover, I liked how there was the option to choose between matte or glossy finish. I chose the matte finish which was cool. However, the formula was of poor quality. It made the paint less durable. It peeled off pretty easy and that sucks. Still, it was alright. Next time, I would choose the glossy finish in hope that maybe it will last waaay longer than the matte one I got.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I chose Glidden for the price, and I was not disappointed. It was worth it to be able enjoy the strong, vibrant colors this company produced. I like its perfect texture and it applies smoothly and easily. Made painting the house fun. The colors were true to the samples, which resulted in less work and I am able to enjoy the finished product without any type of regret or wishing that I had gone with another brand. It is safe to say that I will buy this brand of paint in the future when I am in need the painting. Not as durable as some, but it is great for the price. I thought that this brand had a very good quality and considering the amount of money I saved by purchasing it. It surprises me that it is not more popular paint brand with others as well. I also have recommended this brand to a couple of friends who are getting ready to paint since I used it.

Original review: April 25, 2018

My overall experience with Glidden is positive. It had the range of colors that I really liked and is available in different sized cans or buckets. The price is very reasonable for the different types of finishes. Glidden is widely available and carried by Walmart so it's also available 24/7. It comes in a really nice range of color and almost all have one coat coverage. This paint is susceptible to different types of application from brush to sponge and other more unconventional methods. I use Glidden paint for all types of projects, not just painting walls. The only feature I dislike and would like to see improvement on is the dry time. It seems to take a bit longer than some others. However that can also be an advantage when it comes to mixing colors when I'm using it for more artistic applications.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I liked Glidden very much, I chose this brand because they could mix the exact color I was looking for. When I used it this paint it more than met my expectations with the way it covered previous paint and went on easily. What I liked about my paint was that I could get the additive that prevents mildew and that it was mixed exactly to the color I was looking for. If I was not satisfied with the color once I got home I could bring it back to get it mixed again. It turned out looking better than I had wished for. The Glidden paint that I chose could be kept looking fresh and new by washing off any marks with a rag and water. It was very easy to mix before painting and covered the old paint in one coat.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I like how the Glidden paint covered on the first coat and we didn't have to paint a second layer. This saved us time and money. The paint is also easy to clean up and didn't take too long whereas other brands of paint take a long time to clean brushes and rollers. However, the price is very high for the paint when not on sale. I would like to see rebates for this product to help reduce the cost. If I could find a good sale I would stock up and paint more of my home. Overall experience with the paint is positive. We like the choice of colors and the ease of clean up. It didn't take long for the paint to dry and there was little to no smell.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I love how many options Glidden includes as far as color, mixing options, texture, and matte vs. glossy. It's very inclusive for every project. Also, the color stays true. You aren't surprised when you paint, it's the same as in the can, if not better. But they could possibly make better the specialty products like chalkboard paint, glitter paint, magnetic paint, and the like. Overall I was extremely impressed with my experience. The price was great, the quality was amazing and best of all I got the exact color and look that I was after.

Original review: April 17, 2018

We selected Glidden to be an effective product at an affordable price. It was easy to get in our small town and I could get the finish I chose. Color match was always spot-on, mixed and blended well. Coverage was excellent, texture/thickness were satisfactory. No clumps or streaks of any kind. We had very few issues with this brand. We did wait a bit too long to remove the painter's tape on one or two occasions, and even then the tape pulled away fairly cleanly, with no trouble. Still, the features of the product itself were spot-on, and it performed to my expectations.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I like that Glidden has the option of getting the paint and primer in one. It eliminates the need to do a round of primer first. It is also less expensive this way as you don't need to get a separate pail of primer. I was happy with it and the paint met my expectations. I would recommend it.

Glidden expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

Glidden is a paint brand sold at Walmart, The Home Depot and independent hardware stores in the United States and Canada. It sells affordable interior and exterior paints as well as paints for special surfaces.

• Glidden paint and product options: In addition to a wide range of paints for the inside and outside of your home, Glidden makes specially formulated paint for porches, masonry and stucco, barns and fences, ceilings and more.

• Color-inspiration tools: Glidden’s website has a room-visualization tool, how-to articles and color boards to help you find inspiration for your next project. You can easily find coordinating colors for your existing decor, or start from scratch with a new palette.

• Unique ceiling paint: Glidden offers a special ceiling paint that is pink while it’s wet but dries to a white finish. This helps you not to miss any spots, making painting your ceiling easier.

• Glidden paint colors: Glidden’s online color matching tool is a great way to quickly find a color you need. You can upload any photo or choose a photo from the web and match all the colors in the image to the closest Glidden paint shade.

• Where to buy Glidden paint: Find Glidden products at The Home Depot, Walmart and local hardware stores. Check the company’s website to find the nearest retailer.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
Kate Williams, Ph.D.

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Glidden Company Information

www.glidden.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business