4.00/5

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Glidden Reviews

Original review: May 8, 2019

Recently, my wife and I purchased the Gold Coast White & Warm Caramel Grab-N-Go paint at Walmart. We were very happy with not having to use multiple coats for coverage and the paint dried very quickly - other brands have made a dripping mess on our 120 year old lath and plaster walls and Kansas humidity This Glidden brand held very well. The smell was a little like a perm at first, but calmed down as it dried. Very good and inexpensive brand and I will guide others to it. Thank you.

Original review: May 1, 2019

This paint is horrible. I have had to paint a room three times and it still did not cover all the old color. It seems this paint is made mostly out of resin and solvent with a minuscule amount of pigment. Don't waste your money on this paint!

Get expert buying tips about Paint Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I guess it started wrong. I order PPG paint and when I got home noticed try prepared the paint in Glidden by PPG, guessing that why I paid a little less. The ceiling and The 5 gallon bucket were ok. Not as good as PPG. But I order 4 gallon of different color paint and what a nightmare. It drip even after the paint is on. It barely covers. We have needed to go over 3 coats and it is definitely not odor free. Never again.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Worst paint I have ever used. I have painted 3 coats so far and think I will end up needing a fourth. I am using white and not covering a dark color and this paint is terrible. Really disappointed in how much time I am wasting on this.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I like how the Glidden paint covered on the first coat and we didn't have to paint a second layer. This saved us time and money. The paint is also easy to clean up and didn't take too long whereas other brands of paint take a long time to clean brushes and rollers. However, the price is very high for the paint when not on sale. I would like to see rebates for this product to help reduce the cost. If I could find a good sale I would stock up and paint more of my home. Overall experience with the paint is positive. We like the choice of colors and the ease of clean up. It didn't take long for the paint to dry and there was little to no smell.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Glidden?

Original review: May 7, 2018

The primers come with a variety of base coverings. Such as, hard to hide coverage. Multi- media coverage. For instance, I have an issue with enamel and oil paints being mixed on my walls. But it did seem to get a little thick a bit too quick. It had to be shaken and stirred to its seeming demise. More primer or base coat options would be nice. My overall experience was pretty good. I have bought it more than once because once you get familiar with its quirks it is quite reasonably priced for the quality.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I was very pleased that I only had to apply one coat and that it dried faster than I anticipated. It withstood three children, 3 dogs, and 3 cats. It was so easy to clean. The color was exactly what I was looking for. This product was easy to use. It was affordable with as many of the features I want from an interior paint. It exceeded my expectations.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I decided to used Glidden, and it did meet expectations. The product is premium quality. It has a great value, good price and it works great. It was better than the previous brands I used, it really does what it advertise. I liked how with just one pass it painted the wall without a second pass. I liked everything about Glidden, I think I'll keep using it for now. My overall experience was great and I would recommend it.

Original review: May 4, 2018

Glidden dried at a reasonable time and really seems to clean easy. The salesman was really helpful with knowing about the product and he explained he uses the same brand of paint. There was a great color palette to choose from and it's great and so far he was right on the money. It is truly a good paint and should at least hold up against my grand kids. I'm looking forward to see how long it last and keeping my fingers crossed. Glidden meet my needs and it turned out great but wish you could get a different scent to add to the paint so your house don't have that smell like scented candles. Also it should have a much longer warranty and the price could be cheaper. I have had a great experience so far with this paint and I'm happy.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I have used Glidden many times and I've always had good results on all of my projects. It's also reasonably priced. I first selected this brand mainly because the cost was less than other brands. I really didn't know what to expect but ended up being very well satisfied with the results. My expectations were definitely exceeded and I have used it many times since. This brand has a very nice finish and it seems to hold up well over time, even with pets and children in the home. The color has always come out nicely and covered surfaces well without needing multiple coats like some other paints I have used.

Glidden expert review by Kate Williams, Ph.D.

Glidden is a paint brand sold at Walmart, The Home Depot and independent hardware stores in the United States and Canada. It sells affordable interior and exterior paints as well as paints for special surfaces.

• Glidden paint and product options: In addition to a wide range of paints for the inside and outside of your home, Glidden makes specially formulated paint for porches, masonry and stucco, barns and fences, ceilings and more.

• Color-inspiration tools: Glidden’s website has a room-visualization tool, how-to articles and color boards to help you find inspiration for your next project. You can easily find coordinating colors for your existing decor, or start from scratch with a new palette.

• Unique ceiling paint: Glidden offers a special ceiling paint that is pink while it’s wet but dries to a white finish. This helps you not to miss any spots, making painting your ceiling easier.

• Glidden paint colors: Glidden’s online color matching tool is a great way to quickly find a color you need. You can upload any photo or choose a photo from the web and match all the colors in the image to the closest Glidden paint shade.

• Where to buy Glidden paint: Find Glidden products at The Home Depot, Walmart and local hardware stores. Check the company’s website to find the nearest retailer.

Profile picture of Kate Williams, Ph.D.
      Kate Williams, Ph.D. ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kate Williams, Ph.D. believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase. She spends countless hours researching companies and industries before writing buyers guides to make sure consumers have all the information they need to make smart, informed buying decisions.

Glidden Company Information