4.4/5 (156 ratings)

About United Nation Van Lines

United Nation Van Lines is the parent company of Moving Nation. It specializes in long-distance and cross-country moves and has experience with residential, commercial and corporate relocations. The company has a fleet of 15 trucks registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). United Nation Van Lines has provided services for over 12,500 moves in the U.S.

Pros

• Moving tracker app
    • Multiple packing options
    • Dedicated moving coordinator

Cons

• No local moves
    • Some scheduling complaints

Bottom Line

United Nation Van Lines can be an excellent option for cross-country and other long-distance moves. The company doesn’t handle local moves, but positive reviews mention fair pricing and quick, efficient crews.

United Nation Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Nation Van Lines?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Nation Van Lines?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

5 stars for this excellent moving company. We decided to hire them again after last year because they did such a good job last time. This time again, we got the same punctuality, courtesy, care and speed as before. Those were the very reasons we gave them a 5-star review the previous time. I am glad to report that it was pretty much the same great performance this time around. No doubts that I will be hiring them again in the near future for exactly those reasons. We were moving from Florida to Tennessee, from a 2 bedroom apartment to a 3 bedroom house.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

We hired United Nation Van Lines to move our three kids from their grandparents’ place in Ohio back to our home in New York (my husband and I were working overseas for the past 2 years). Because United Nation Van Lines had done such a wonderful job of moving them there 2 years ago, we naturally hired them again now. Both times, the movers did an outstanding job. When the kids start going off to college, we will definitely hire United Nation Van Lines again. 5 stars from us.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

A good experience. We were given what I first assumed was a very small moving team of just 4 people to pack up and load my 5-bedroom house. However, they managed to surprise me with their efficiency and actually finished before they were due to. When they delivered at my house in San Jose, CA, it was a different crew but they worked with the same great attitude. I am very happy that I chose United Nation Van Lines and definitely recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

We hired United Nation Van Lines to move from Miami, FL to Charlotte, NC. We needed the move completed in a hurry because the old property had already been sold off. United Nation Van Lines managed to give us a window that was perfect for what we wanted despite such short notice. That saved us a heap of money that we would otherwise have had to spend on hotels and other expenses. A huge thanks to the movers for doing a wonderful job and the managers for making it happen.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

United Nation Van Lines gets full marks for all the hard work they put into our move from GA to TX. Moving a 5 bedroom house is no mean feat but United Nation Van Lines showed us that an experienced and dedicated team of people can achieve success with any job with the right attitude. That goes for the moving crew as well as the customer service team. The cherry on top is their affordability – no excessive ‘extras’ tacked on to bloat the bill. Honest.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

We have hired United Nation Van Lines several times now to transport our employees and their families between cities in the U.S., depending on where they are posted. This was simply the latest but we have several moves ongoing with them. We settled on United Nation Van Lines because they have always been the most competent option. They are reasonably priced and deliver as they promise. All the employees that they have moved only have positive feedback about them. We will sign a formal contract with them soon, too. 5 stars.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

A really great 5 star experience! The moving team from United Nation Van Lines is absolutely the best! They were so friendly and so nice. It made the move less stressful and almost fun! What was really surprising to me was how they managed to pack up my entire 4 bedroom house in Jackson, MS within a few hours and set off for Waynesboro, VA the so soon! The fast speed did not come in the way of their care – none of our things were delivered scratched or broken. The entire experience was a very positive one. I would hire this company again, guaranteed!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

Everything was handled as it should have been and we received everything in exactly the same condition it was in when it left our old place. United Nation Van Lines was responsive for making the move as flawless and smooth as it could have been. I am very grateful to the people who made it happen. That includes the moving crew and the admin staff from the United Nation Van Lines headquarters. The communication chain with these guys is amazing. I am very happy to have chosen this company for this move and will gladly hire them again if I have to move in the future.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

I have used United Nation Van Lines for the third time now (moving to Bal Harbour, FL from Nashville, TN, and back and forth the two previous times). The experience has always been a positive one and it’s because this is a company that knows what it is doing. They know how to speak to customers, stick to the timelines that they give, stick to their price quote, and then follow it up with a great job on the day of the move. Each aspect was covered flawlessly. I would love to hire them again. I was moving from TN to FL, 3-bedroom house in both places.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

I have moved perhaps two dozen times in my life, across state lines and across international boundaries, and even across continents. United Nation Van Lines is the first one of all the companies that I have hired in all these years that was able to satisfy all my queries and concerns before, during and after the move. Their pricing system is crystal clear. You know what weight and volume is covered in the package you get. They tell what the charges are for exceeding either one. No nasty surprises when they are holding your entire home hostage. They also followed up with a survey a week after, asking if there had been any damage or complaints. Very professional and worth recommending.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I hired United Nation Van Lines based on the reviews that I read online, just like this one. They gave me a pretty good idea of what to expect from them and what they do better than other companies. In my opinion, their best feature is their emphasis on doing everything right. They don’t cut corners with things like parking illegally for convenience, which in the case of my old house in Chicago, IL meant that they had to move things further. The movers took it all in their stride and with a smile. I was willing to pay them a little extra for the trouble but they just waved it away jovially. A sure 5-star move and repeat business from me.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

One of the best movers that I have ever had the pleasure of hiring. We were moving our workshop and garage from Richmond, VA to a newer and bigger site in Panama City, FL. I had used them before to move my daughter into her dorm room at college and remembered their great job from then. Of course, this was a much bigger and more complicated job so I really went through the details with their team. The movers were really good – they knew exactly what kind of rigging and support my equipment needed to be transported safely and securely. It was no surprise that the move went off without a hitch. We are all set up in Florida and ready to go!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

I hired United Nation Van Lines on behalf of my company as we were moving offices to Rockville, MD from Columbus, OH because of the tax debacle. It was a pretty massive job. The offices were spread across three floors and included furniture, computer equipment and even some fittings that had to be transported. I was in charge of the process on the day and explained to the 12-man crew what was moving and what wasn’t. They were an intelligent bunch and needed very little guidance after that. The three huge trucks were more than enough to transport everything safely and soundly. We now have a functioning office in Maryland, all set up within 2 weeks of the move. Excellent stuff from United Nation Van Lines.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

United Nation Van Lines is my recommendation to you for a good moving company. The first thing that I liked about them was their moving crew. The 3 men were good at what they did, handling big and bulky items with no drama. Hard workers. The other thing that made me like them was that they had anticipated wet weather when we hadn’t. They had all the plastic sheets needed to cover our packages on the lawn when it started to drizzle. That probably saved us a lot of mildew and mold! I would recommend this company.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

I was originally only going to hire movers to do the moving and planned to do the packing etc. myself to save money. However, after getting a quote, I decided that it was actually more economical for me to get the full service. It was definitely the right call because the sheer speed and efficiency with which they had my 2-bedroom flat packed up was amazing. It would have taken me days! What is more impressive is the fact that they did not break anything despite the speed. They delivered it all to my new house in New York and unpacked. I am very happy with their work and their price. Recommended.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

A very good choice of moving company. I hired them to move my 3-bedroom apartment in Alabama to a 2-bedroom house in Illinois. When they assessed my old home and gave me a quote, I assumed they were underquoting, something that is common to this industry. Imagine my surprise when at the end they actually charged me that same price. That is despite the fact that their workers were better than any of the others that I have hired. Very polite, quick to work, knowledgeable about moving techniques for big and bulky items, the works. I am very happy to add my voice to the chorus of praise.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

As a first-time mover, I was naturally a bit apprehensive about entrusting virtually everything that I owned into the hands of strangers. I chose United Nation Van Lines after many conversations with friends and family who have hired movers before. The consensus was that United Nation Van Lines was a reliable company and one that would do the job for a reasonable price. Now that the move is done with, I can say for a fact that both those things are true. Many thanks to our movers who worked so hard on the pickup and delivery days. We would hire this company again.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

Really know how to follow instructions. We had very specific boxes that had to be moved from our warehouse in Nashville, TN to several locations spread out across Florida. We hired United Nation Van Lines and explained that the color coding system dictated where each box had to go, something that is beyond complicated. However, the movers understood, planned out the drop points, and did it all within a week. We are blown away by their intelligence and diligence. No problems recommending them and will surely rehire for ourselves, too.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

Some of the best work by any moving company that I have ever come across. I am so happy that I came across their flyer when another company was moving out of my old neighborhood. We called them up since we were planning to move and the same team that was doing the other move came over and gave us a quote right away. We liked the figure and called the office to confirm – everything works that efficiently with United Nation Van Lines. No nonsense, no time wasting, all hard work and perfection. We plan to hire them again if we need to move.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

5 stars. I was a last minute addition to their moving truck that was heading from Augusta, GA to Aberdeen, MD. In spite of that, they turned up at our old house at the time we had requested, did a quick and efficient job of clearing out the boxes and loading them safely. Everything was delivered safe and sound at our new home in Maryland right on time. It made moving in so much simpler and so much fun! Great job, people!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

Stay away from this fraudulent outfit!!!! They misrepresent their services (of course also price) completely; their sales rep Darrell ** stated that the move would take 10-14 days from California to New Hampshire; that was also confirmed ("0-17 days") on their written estimate but when the truck was loaded and we were handed the actual contract, it listed in small print that they reserve the right to take up to 30 business days to ship from their local warehouse!!!! And that, 30 days from the first available date provided by us that they could deliver! There was no mention of any warehousing in their initial sales pitch! Later on said Darrell ** admitted to me when I was expressing my surprise and outrage at the delays, that this has been their "busiest summer in 20 years"... So he knew perfectly well that his "promise" of two weeks was a lie!

And of course didn't mention any possibility of delays when he was vying to get my business!!! But that's nothing. They picked up our furniture on August 5th. Thirty days came and went, they left a message on my voicemail that the goods would be leaving the warehouse on 9/25. Today is 10/15, twenty days later, nothing! They do not pick up the phone ("problems" with the phone system). Do not respond to messages left for them. No idea when and how this will get here. We have been without our household goods for ALMOST TWO AND A HALF MONTHS. There are multiple complaints against them in Ohio, California, Florida, and legitimate review sites are also full of similar stories, long delays, broken and stolen items, nonexistent customer service. Frankly I do not know where ConsumerAffairs is getting these glowing "reviews" of the company...

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

Avoid this company at all costs! They are fraudulent, unethical, and don't follow public health guidelines. They stole our $3500 deposit. We had paid our deposit in advance, as instructed. The two movers arrived. We asked them to please wear masks inside of our home. They refused, despite us reminding them it was both current CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and OSHA (Occupational and Safety and Health Administration) guidelines to wear a mask indoors in areas of high transmission (which applied to the city in which we lived). We are both doctors and know these guidelines well. In addition, we had an unvaccinated 6-month-old baby in the house so this was especially important to us in addition to the guidelines mentioned above. They continued to refuse to wear masks. The lead mover said he didn't believe in science.

We called the customer service line and no one called us back. This was Saturday. We left repeated messages and no one returned our calls. The movers left for the day and said they would be back the next day but that customer service would agree with them. The next morning, we did get a call from Nadine, who I see online is their top-most customer service representative. At first she told us they would only wear masks while doing paperwork, not while moving furniture. We again told her that was not good enough and referred to CDC and OSHA guidelines. We asked to her to please send a team that would wear masks, otherwise we just wanted our deposit back. She called the movers and then called us back and said they had agreed to wear masks inside. The movers rang the doorbell and said Nadine had never said they had to wear masks while moving furniture, just while doing paperwork.

Given this obvious discrepancy, we put Nadine on speaker phone with all of us where it became obvious she was telling each of us different things. Nadine then said that because it was Sunday, it would be better to resolve this on Monday. She gave us her personal extension (later we found out this extension was wrong) and said she would help resolve it the next day when she was in the office. She told us to send an email to the ‘cancel link’ and we told her we would not – we were not canceling the move, we just wanted a team who would follow basic public health measures or we wanted our deposit back. The movers left. No one called us on Monday.

We called repeatedly and left many messages. Nadine’s “extension” was not really her extension. Finally we got in touch with another customer service agent who had not yet been involved, Tina. We explained the situation and she said she had to get in touch with Nadine and dispatch about sending us another moving team and she would call us back in 30 minutes. She never called. Again we called many times and left many messages. Late in the afternoon Monday Tina again answered the phone. She said she had never said she would call us back in 30 minutes. She also said that the notes in our file said that the movers had agreed to wear masks the entire time, and my husband would not let them in the house because he didn’t trust them.

Thus they had fulfilled their contract, no one else would be coming, and they would not be refunding our $3500. This was a complete lie, as they never agreed to wear masks the entire time (only while signing paperwork) and conveniently lied about is so they wouldn't have to refund our money. Tina said Nadine wasn’t available and no other supervisor or manager was available but that someone would call us since we were understandably upset. Shockingly, no one ever returned our calls and we never got in touch with Nadine.

Simply put, this fraudulent company stole $3500 of ours in deposit and lied about it so they wouldn’t have to refund it. This company uses deceitful, unethical business practices and does not follow public health guidelines as published by CDC and OSHA. We thought following these guidelines would be common sense, but now in looking back, many other companies publish their approach to preventing COVID-19 transmission on their website, while this company says nothing about it. Clearly your health is not their concern. Their customer service is terrible. They don't answer the phones or avoid calling you back if you have any issues. And they will outright lie in order to keep your deposit. Never use this company.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

United Nation Van Lines put a lot of effort into my move and gave us the best moving experience that we could have wished for. However, I think their best feature is their competitive rates which give you far more than you would think. I have paid much more for smaller moves before this. (This was a 2-bedroom house being moved to Florida from Maryland.) The office manager is a great guy with a really good customer-oriented view on things. It was always a pleasure to speak to him and have things clarified. He is definitely a huge part of the reason that I recommend United Nation Van Lines to my friends. 5 stars all the way.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

We hired United Nation Van Lines for a full-service move from San Francisco, CA to Dallas, TX. That includes all packing, loading, and transport as well as unpacking and arrangement of boxes and furniture at the destination. Basically, you don’t have to lift a finger and your entire 4-bedroom houses ups and moves itself to another state. I have to say that the package was a tad on the expensive side but when I compare it to the level of comfort and convenience, there is no question that I would use it again. The moving crew was very proficient at their job and it showed. By doing such a fantastic job, they have earned my loyalty and this 5 stars review for their company.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I am very happy to recommend United Nation Van Lines since they did a wonderful job with our move. I had contacted them upon a friend’s recommendation and instantly felt like they were a capable bunch after talking to their customer service person. She helped me choose the right package for my needs and gave me an estimate (that turned out to be very accurate at the end). My movers were a team of 3 men in their 20s. They packed up our 3-bedroom house within a few hours. They then completed the drive from Knoxville, TN down to Colorado a full day ahead of schedule. We received all our items and of the boxes we’ve opened, nothing is damaged. Recommended.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

This is our 8th move and by far the worst. I hired this company to move my belongings not to destroy them. There are some chips and scratches here and there and then there are broken parts that cannot be repaired. There isn't a single piece of furniture that is not damaged. Their customer service is horrible and unfriendly, they will not return calls, their phone system is an indication of how things work there and their email probably does not go anywhere because they do not reply.

It all started on September 22nd when some guy shows up in an unmarked Enterprise rented 26 foot truck. Then three hired help show up to supply muscle. They get the stuff loaded and then leave. They will not hand you a copy of the inventory or other paperwork you have to take pictures, you must pay in cash, money order or backdraft. The inventory was done after the loading off the cuff and from memory, very unprofessional and completely inaccurate. The estimate went up from 8k to 12k and then 14k. They charge by the square foot and not the weight. We were ok with paying the amount expecting to have our belongings delivered as they were when they were picked up.

After he left, crickets, you won't hear from them and they will not inform you of the progress of the move. You don't know where your belongings are and you will not have a definite unloading date and time. This company cannot be trusted and will damage your belongings. I will never deal with these guys again and so should you. United Nation Van Lines movers has been nothing but a nightmare and a horrible experience.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Stay as far away from this company as possible!! They are rip-off artists. They will insist on a downpayment that you will never see again. Their so-called customer service department will outright lie to you if you are fortunate enough to ever get through. I called incessantly and never got a call-back. When I finally got through, I was lied to TWICE! They said they would issue my refund and then ignored me. I have since learned they do this quite often and that they have been known to hold your possessions until they extort more money out of you. Avoid this company at all costs.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

The company picked my things on July 21, 2021. They stored them for me. I contacted this company on August 19, 2021 requesting a delivery date of September 4, 2021. I have called weekly if not daily to see when my things will be delivered. They never gave me any information. They finally called me on September 28, and told me my things are loaded and I will get a call September 29, with a delivery date. They did not call, they do not answer the phone, or emails. Have offered to come get my things, I have begged, pleaded, cried for any information. I have no idea where my things are.

At this point, Monday, October 4th, 2021, will be 30 days since I have requested to have my things delivered. I can only assume they have stolen or lost my things, and defrauded me out of over 8000,00. This experience has been devastating for me. Only want my keepsakes, my kids' pictures and memories. DO NOT HIRE THEM.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

We hired United Nation Van Lines for our house move from Ironton, Oh to Florida and had a really excellent experience. The moving was done very well with good care taken to ensure each item was carried carefully and secured well inside the truck. I am a stickler for timing and am pleased to say that the movers arrived right on time on moving day, and called ahead, too. They worked quietly and efficiently over the hours. I am very happy with this excellent work.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

UNVL showed up in a truck you can rent that will fit a maximum of 1900 cu. ft, however they charged me for 2300 cu. ft. Upon delivery the space used versus charged was a difference of 800 cu. ft. At a charge of $5.20 per cu. ft X 800 = $4160. We are being overcharged by 800 cu. ft that were never used. This is FRAUD.

United Nation Van Lines response

Customer requested to reserve 2499 cu.ft. for the shipment. That's what he was charged for.

United Nation Van Lines Company Information