2. Movers

4.1/5 (100 ratings)

About United Nation Van Lines

United Nation Van Lines is the parent company of Moving Nation. It specializes in long-distance and cross-country moves and has experience with residential, commercial and corporate relocations. The company has a fleet of 15 trucks registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). United Nation Van Lines has provided services for over 12,500 moves in the U.S.

Pros

• Moving tracker app
    • Multiple packing options
    • Dedicated moving coordinator

Cons

• No local moves
    • Some scheduling complaints

Bottom Line

United Nation Van Lines can be an excellent option for cross-country and other long-distance moves. The company doesn’t handle local moves, but positive reviews mention fair pricing and quick, efficient crews.

United Nation Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Nation Van Lines?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about United Nation Van Lines?

Original review: May 27, 2021

We came across United Nation Van Lines while researching the best company to move us from Florida to Pennsylvania. In the midst of thousands of reviews of scores of companies, what stuck out for us was the consistency of the reviews for United Nation Van Lines. It really tells you something when so many people have had a positive opinion of a company over such a long period of time. That impression translated into reality when they performed the move for us. Despite the fact that we had a ton of stuff, they handled everything quickly but with care. We would certainly hire them again.

Original review: May 27, 2021

I keep returning to United Nation Van Lines because they always maintain the transparency of their quotes. Other companies pretend to quote less but their fine print lists are very long. Much easier to place your trust in the guys who are honest from the start. They haven’t let me down once.

Original review: May 26, 2021

I think I have finally found the one single moving company that I can trust. United Nation Van Lines really went above and beyond when they helped us move from Alabama to Illinois recently. We had obtained a quote from them about 2 months in advance but subsequently managed to sell some of our larger items. We were going to pay the original quote total because we forgot to factor in that the total volume had been reduced. The United Nation Van Lines team themselves noticed the difference and told us that they would reduce the total accordingly. I recommend them 100% and would doubtlessly rehire.

Original review: May 26, 2021

Thank you to the entire team of United Nation Van Lines who were involved in our move, right from the movers to the customer service people to the office manager who put it all together. Our move was pretty complex since we were moving to 2 separate places in Collierville, TN from a single house in Pennsylvania. One was my parents’ place where the old stuff went and the other was my new home that’s located a suburb away. Every last box ended up exactly where it was supposed to be. I am very impressed with the care and the precision.

Original review: May 26, 2021

I never want to move again because it’s so troublesome but if I have to, it will be with United Nation Van Lines. They made an almost unbearably stressful day somewhat bearable by being very organized and orderly. So glad when all my things arrived safe and sound a couple of days ago.

Original review: May 25, 2021

I’m not a fan of moving companies and only use them when absolutely necessary, as was the case this time with helping my parents move from their huge house in Georgia to a smaller, elderly-friendly one in Ohio. We decided on United Nation Van Lines after reading a lot of reviews and making a lot of calls. The biggest factor was the customer service team’s willingness to break down the price of the move so we knew what we were paying for. Trust me, if a moving company is being intentionally vague in this regard, they are planning to rip you off. This move was very good!

Original review: May 25, 2021

I wholeheartedly recommend this excellent moving company that has now helped us move three times. Over the past few years, we have had to shift houses pretty often because of my husband’s job and having a reliable moving company that we can trust to handle and deliver all our things safely has been a godsend. Every time we hire them, they do a perfect job. We have never had a single lost item or received things damaged. That’s impressive enough after one move but after three, they deserve some kind of medal. I will always recommend them.

Original review: May 25, 2021

If you need to move and want to hire a reliable company but also one that does not charge you too much, there is no better choice than United Nation Van Lines. They have been our trusted movers for a number of years now and have never let us down. We have always received courteous service from the movers as well as the office team. The packing materials they use are high quality, not generic, flimsy brands so common among many other companies. All this comes at a reasonable price that puts it in the same cost league as smaller companies, just with better service.

Original review: May 14, 2021

If I recall correctly, this is my first ever positive review of a moving company since I first used one years ago. United Nation Van Lines earned it by simply being better than all the others in virtually every respect. The office management people are awesome, always ready to answer all your queries. The coordinators know the system inside out and will always ensure that everything arrives on time, going or coming. And finally, the movers are just magicians of the move, moving the heaviest things thousands of miles without any harm. Together, that earns them 5 stars from me.

Original review: May 12, 2021

We had a wonderful and seamless move thanks to United Nation Van Lines. It was an interstate move from Mississippi to Leesburg, VA. Our 3-bedroom was getting too small for all our stuff, and you know that means a heck of a huge load for us to pack and bundle up ourselves. None of it was a problem for the movers assigned to us. The guys just got right into the grind and cleaned it all up like nobody’s business. You can tell how experienced they are from how coordinated all their actions are. We are very pleased with our choice of United Nation Van Lines.

Original review: May 8, 2021

My wife and I THOUGHT we were getting a reputable and professional company and in the beginning we had high hopes. The people who booked our move and the follow up lady was very attentive and easy to deal with. It wasn’t until the actual moving men showed up when I started feeling “funny.” When you get one or two guys start making statements about being “taken cared of” at the start of a move, you start feeling uneasy. I had to ask to have certain items blanket wrapped and in their defense, they were eventually done, but I don’t think I should have had to ask. In fact blanket wrap and shrink wrap should have been done on every piece of furniture automatically. I had taken it upon myself to go out and buy my own blankets and 4 rolls of shrink wrap and I wrapped and shrink wrapped at least 3-4 pieces myself prior to the movers showing.

I also broke down several big pieces of furniture to make things easier for the men. Anyway, as the truck is being loaded, I get updates from the movers foreman (who was actually very professional and apologetic) that my original estimate was going up and it might end up being close to $3000 more than originally estimated! Obviously, this ruined the entire experience for me and my wife, as our belongings were now deep in the confines of a 26 foot truck that I could have rented from Uhaul for about $3500! Estimating a move based on weight or space is to me, a rip off.

Again, the foreman or lead mover was being as cordial and professional as he could be because honestly, I was very upset and his office places him to hear the complaints from the customer. If I would have rented a Uhaul and paid for their professional helpers on the other end, I’d still be better off price wise. Anyway, I could tell one of the guys in the original crew wasn’t to happy when I came out and said I hope no one was expecting to be tipped BEFORE the job is completed and delivered. Who tips like this before a job is done?? You get tipped when the items are delivered and everything is as damage free as possible, plain and simple. I got an answer that they may not be the same guys at the end, and to me, that’s not my problem.

Well when I got my furniture delivered, there was one dining room chair that had a nice gouge taken out of it. I had some dings and dents to other pieces of solid wood tops and my $800 mountain bike decided to lose its $50 aluminum kickstand. And when you’re asked, “are you sure you had a kickstand?” That in and of itself tells me you don’t deserve to be tipped. But because the lead guy was back on delivery (hmmm I wonder why he was there and not the other two?) and he seemed like a good guy I did tip him and I actually tipped him well.

I will never use a moving company again, not unless they stop this silly stuff about weight and or space. A 26 foot truck would have fit all of the contents of my house but because the estimate number kept climbing, I was forced to leave items with the new homeowner who was only to thrilled to accept them. Oh yes, I am not sure these guys were even actual employees, I believe they were a third party moving company because the truck was a Ryder rental and no one had a shirt spouting the company logo. Again, I’ll never use a moving company again, get a better iron clad estimate or expect to be overcharged at the end.

Original review: May 3, 2021

Such a pathetic moving company. It is quite ironic that on their about us page it says a few people started this moving company with core values of reliability and speed. My experience with this company has been unreliable and slow. Quite frankly, it has sucked. Our belongings were picked up in Phoenix Arizona and to be moved to Clayton, North Carolina. Stuff was picked up on the evening of April 14th.

Today is Monday May 3rd, nearly 3 weeks later and our stuff still has not been loaded onto a truck for dispatch. My wife spoke to a Tina last Tuesday the 25th who told her it would be loaded and the truck would hit the road that day. I called Friday April 30th for an update and our stuff is still sitting in some Warehouse waiting to be loaded. When my wife spoke to tina, she could not tell us where our belongings were or even know what Warehouse they were in. That's quite pathetic. When I called Friday April 30th, Tina told me that it might be loaded early next week. She then called back and said it could happen this past weekend. It would then take 5 to 7 days to arrive. She is quite incompetent.

Today is Monday May 3rd and I called for another update. This woman was no help either. She said her belongings still had not been loaded and that she would contact me Wednesday for an update. This is a very incompetent company who does not do the job you pay them to do. They don't give a damn about you once you put down the initial deposit. Complaints have been filed with the better Business Bureau and the US department of transportation. I will keep hounding this company until we have answers and proof that our belongings are finally on the way to us. For whatever reason, our goods are being held hostage and no clear answer as to when we will ever receive them. They are pathetic and we are demanding answers.

Original review: May 1, 2021

My mother had her belongings picked up by you in Monday 4/19/2021 in Clarksville, TN. We were told delivery to Melbourne, FL would be Thursday 4/22. On 4/21 while driving to FL we got a call that delivery would be 4/23-4/25. (Still acceptable). It is now 4/30 and still no furniture or belongings. Today we were told it should be another 10 business days. I had to go back to TN. This is unacceptable! My mother is 81 years old! I am paying (since 4/26) for a hotel for my mother. She has a perfectly decent home to stay in BUT NO FURNITURE OR BELONGINGS! I will be putting all of this on blast. We need a resolution ASAP.

Original review: April 30, 2021

United Nation Van Lines moved my 4-bedroom house in Oregon to a bigger 4-bedroom house in California. Overall, they did a fantastic job that far exceeded my expectations. The communication from their customer service team was just fantastic. I was kept informed of the upcoming day for the pickup in the lead up to the move, and then about the progress when they were in transit. I liked that the movers worked hard to get the job done on time but without rushing and damaging our possessions. It is good to finally see a moving company that I am happy to recommend.

Original review: April 29, 2021

This was a nightmare from start to finish. I went with United Nation Van Lines based on Consumer Affairs suggestion and it was the worst mistake I could have made. This company cares nothing about its customers. They pulled every dirty trick in the book to squeeze me for more money. I was originally quoted a reasonable rate but that ballooned thanks to hidden fees and ridiculous conditions hidden in their contract. For instance, they counted the seven steps to my apartment as a flight of stairs and count going up and then down as two flights in total. Absolutely absurd. They sucker you in by giving you what sounds like a decent rate and then pull out all the stops to try and make that number grow once you've signed a contract.

So on the day of my move three guys show up and the one in charge immediately tries to grift me saying I had more stuff than was estimated for. This was totally untrue as I was quoted for all my belongings AND 90 boxes worth of stuff. I moved 54 pieces total. And yet he claimed I would need 1,000 cubes of space, equaling half the space of a semi tractor trailer.

After a ton of back and forth, lo and behold the truck only used 1/4 of the space. This is an absolute grift to try and trick people into signing for extra space because they claim the estimate was wrong. They wanted more than $2,000 extra! I still couldn't get out of paying a bit extra because I just wanted my stuff moved and had to be out of my apartment the next day. They also charged me $150 for materials when they used a couple of cardboard boxes and a few rolls of tape. A total scam.

Now let's talk customer service. I'm convinced there is a circle of hell where your punishment is dealing with United Nation Van Lines customer service for eternity. The operators are extremely rude and dismiss your concerns as not their problem or "well, you should have read the contract". They couldn't even be bothered to give me more than a day's notice that they were coming and so I had to drop everything, both for pickup and delivery, to be ready for them in time.

When I complained they pretty much told me to go to hell. But I was already there. In a moving hell. It then took an entire month for my stuff to arrive. Numerous calls provided no answers. My belongings could have been on the moon for all I knew. I'm amazed they bothered to show up at all. Then after arriving they demanded an extra $500 or they wouldn't take my stuff off the truck.

They claimed that it was because they had to get a smaller truck and move my items onto it since a semi wouldn't fit on my street. Any reasonable company would have this included in their service, especially for a move that costs now more than $5,000. But this was just another opportunity for United to grift money off of me. The idea that it could cost $500 to rent a smaller truck locally and move two bedrooms worth of stuff onto it is simply outrageous. In my estimation they pocketed $300 in profit off of this alone.

The dispatcher threatened to take my stuff to a warehouse in Baltimore and I would have to come and get it if I didn't pay right then and there. If in 30 minutes I didn't cough up $2,000 in cash they would charge me an extra $150 in "waiting fees" per hour. Total mafia tactics. The dispatcher was threatening, belligerent, and rude. It's worth mentioning too that at both pickup and delivery there were zero COVID precautions. No masks. Nothing. "You know how hard it is to work all day with a mask on?" the dispatcher asked.

I plan to file a complaint with the consumer affairs department in my state and the Attorney General. This was an absolute scam from start to finish and even after paying them thousands of dollars they still treated me like garbage. You'd have better luck hiring a hot air balloon and try moving your belongings that way. Avoid United Nation Van Lines at all costs. Oh, and the most important box of my whole move showed up nearly crushed and all of my boxes and furniture were coated in a thick layer of grime from sitting around a warehouse for a month.

United Nation Van Lines response

- Very strong statements but let’s see if any of them is true.

They pulled every dirty trick in the book to squeeze me for more money.

- Customers estimate was $5767.00. Final charge $5426.50.

– Still don’t understand what customer is referring to. We charge one time for the flight of stairs, regardless of how many times our crew have to walk up or down.

– And again, we absolutely confused. We estimated total cost for the move to be $5767.00 and at the end we charged customer $5426.50. How and where did we inflated the price or hided the charges, we don’t understand.

Original review: April 23, 2021

Easy to recommend this stellar moving company. They have always done a fantastic job with our moves and their prices have remained quite reasonable over several years. Very importantly, their final price is almost exactly the same as their initial quote to you. I would hire them again.

Original review: April 21, 2021

A stellar performance worthy of 5 stars by an extraordinary company. United Nation Van Lines moved us to Florida from Georgia and it was a pleasure to have them do such a fantastic job with so much care. We were initially pretty surprised that they only sent a 3-person team to move our 4-bedroom house even after doing a personal assessment of the volume of items. However, the 3 men were very capable and it did not seem like a problem to them at all. In fact, they even completed the loading phase faster than expected. I would use this company again.

Original review: April 19, 2021

I arranged two moves with United Nation Van Lines a week apart just so I could get things up and running at my new home in Colorado before the bulk of my other less-important possessions turned up and took up all the space. They performed admirably both times, arriving on schedule and beginning their shifts right away. Their sorting and packing was flawless – everything ended up in the right place and arrived at the right time as I had planned. Totally satisfied with the service I got and the price I paid for it. Will use again.

Original review: April 17, 2021

Kudos to my favorite moving company for pulling off another smooth and hassle-free move for us. After having used United Nation Van Lines over many times in the past several years, we know that they are a distinct cut above the rest. That sentiment covers how well they perform on the job, of course, but also how well they interact with their clients. That goes for both the movers on the ground as well as the admin team in the United Nation Van Lines office. Regardless of who you speak to, you will get the same professional and courteous tone and all the info you need!

Original review: April 16, 2021

If you have been let down by a moving company before, you need to switch to United Nation Van Lines. I have been burned twice, once with exaggerated charges and then another time with a very haphazard team that mixed things up and caused a huge mess at the destination. United Nation Van Lines, on the other hand, was on time for the pickup, were very orderly in their loading and unloading, and stayed within their advertised timeframes both times. I wish their prices were about 10% lower but after the drama from the previous movers, I gladly paid more for peace of mind.

Original review: April 16, 2021

I won’t be looking for another company if I have to move again. United Nation Van Lines was just excellent in the way they handled our move from Alabama to Pennsylvania (4-bedroom houses in both states). Not only were they able to meet their deadlines for collection and delivery, they also came in right on the dot with the final price versus the initial quote. Needless to say, we are especially happy to report that after unpacking, we found nothing to be damaged in any way. All in all, United Nation Van Lines did everything right and we could not have hoped for a better move.

Original review: April 16, 2021

Moving is stressful, no doubt, and moving company's got you by the..! Although the guys were nice the company and customer service sucks. We were told our stuff would not get offloaded during transit to our new location, and it did to a warehouse, our delivery date changed numerous times and many phone calls to the company ignored as to when we would get our belongings (there seemed to be no end), multiple damaged items with a result of a $94 credit (wet moldy mattress, broken bed foot, ripped & missing pieces from outdoor patio umbrella, broken boxes, etc, etc). When they did arrive, they would not offload our stuff without a certified check, cash or money order (this was on a Sunday, three weeks after our original delivery date).

United Nation Van Lines response
    - We do apologize that customer feels that way. But let’s take a look at the statements and see if all of them are true or accurate.
    - Not true. Pick up date for the customer was December 16th and first available day for delivery was indicated as December 30th - customer requested 15 days storage. No one would tell the customer that for 15 days the job would sit in the truck as a storage.
    - Shipment was delivered January 10th. Well withing our estimated delivery window of 17 business days.
    - We apologize for that. Settlement was calculated according to coverage on file.
    - Those forms of payment were disclosed to the customer before we even booked the job, let alone that customer signed for it multiple times and was reminded again when the truck was on the way, so customer had plenty of time to get the correct forms of payment.

- May be we don’t know how to count, but form December 30th to January 10th is only 10 days, not 3 weeks.

Original review: April 15, 2021

Given that I have been using professional moving services during years, I think I am qualified to say that United Nation Van Lines is indeed one of the leading businesses in the industry today. I used them to move a number of items out of storage in Tennessee and have them moved to my new house in Illinois. Not only did they do an absolutely flawless job but they also managed to do it ahead of schedule and within the budget. They have really made an impression upon me and I have no issue in awarding them 5 stars.

Original review: April 15, 2021

United Nation Van Lines was actually our second choice but the other company could not adjust us into their schedule. Rather than wait, we opted for United Nation Van Lines whose quote was slightly higher than what we wanted to pay. The reason we still went with them was the long list of excellent reviews they have garnered. Sure there are some outliers but that is to be expected for a company dealing with thousands of people. In our experience, they handled everything they were asked to as good as could have been done.

Original review: April 15, 2021

I think I first used United Nation Van Lines years ago and was happy with them. Using them again after all that time for this move was a pleasant surprise – many of the faces are the same at the office and their service quality has only improved. I immediately noticed that the vehicles have been upgraded, their dollies and other equipment are brand new and everything seems clean and well maintained. They are all signs of a business that takes itself seriously, something essential if you’re going to hand them all your worldly possessions. I am completely satisfied and would hire United Nation Van Lines again.

Original review: March 28, 2021

We got 5-star service from an A+ company! United Nation Van Lines really came through for us on our move from Florida to Virginia. My wife initially spoke to them on the phone and we totally loved the friendly and very open pricing approach they took with us. It was even better to find out on the day of the move that the amiable approach extended to the movers, too. As we expected from the very first conversation with their office, the final price matched the quote. There are definitely some cheaper movers out there but we’d choose United Nation Van Lines ahead of them all every time.

Original review: March 27, 2021

The guy who I spoke to originally was amazing. Great quote and very approachable. The pick up date was spot on and the loaders were amazing. After that it all went downhill. My 24 hour window of awareness of the delivery was shortened to 12 hours. The time given for delivery was not met. There was no call when they arrived. The truck was unable to drive to the storage unit when large trucks here in Vermont do it there daily. They then informed me that it would need to be loaded on a smaller truck.

I had my boyfriend arrange to meet the driver at a specific time. They were 2 plus hours late for that time. They demanded an additional $400 or they would not deliver my personal belongings. There was only 1 person to unload after the shake down. So my boyfriend, who has a bad back had to help unload. If I was there and not working would this be expected of me as a woman? So disrespectful and so disappointing. Not even sure if all my things are there because the check list was never checked off... DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!!! You will be sadly mistaken...

United Nation Van Lines response
    We do apologize that customer feels that way, but lets take a look at the facts and see if we deserve 1 star.
    - The guy who I spoke to originally was amazing. - not 1 star review sentence.
    - Great quote and very approachable. - not 1 star review sentence.
    - The pick up date was spot on and the loaders were amazing. - not 1 star review sentence.
    - My 24 hour window of awareness of the delivery was shortened to 12 hours. - not entirely true. Customer was advised about delivery on 25th at 8PM. Delivery happened on the 26th at 2PM. 18 hours VS 24 hours.
    - The truck was unable to drive to the storage unit when large trucks here in Vermont do it there daily. - "Large trucks" its not a professional term. Just take a look a the picture of the mud road and incline that customer referring to: https://www.google.com/maps/place/32+VT-25,+East+Corinth,+VT+05040/@44.0797363,-72.2642581,3a,47.8y,75.08h,77.23t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sqepmWSCdbnjfXPiLwGTFrQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x4cb4fa917dc48445:0x4e5ef8c0bd1c6b2f!2s32+VT-25,+East+Corinth,+VT+05040!3b1!8m2!3d44.0805075!4d-72.2641091!3m4!1s0x4cb4fa917dc48445:0x4e5ef8c0bd1c6b2f!8m2!3d44.0805075!4d-72.2641091 "Large truck" F-150 would easily made it, but 75 feet long 80,000 lbs. tractor would not its not meant to be driven off-road. So its not our fault that customer chose that storage.
    - They then informed me that it would need to be loaded on a smaller truck. - That was necessary to complete the delivery.
    - I had my boyfriend arrange to meet the driver at a specific time. They were 2 plus hours late for that time. - not entirely true. We were running a little behind, because we did not expect such conditions and we had to arrange for the shuttle and we were in constant contact with the customer.
    - They demanded an additional $400 or they would not deliver my personal belongings. - we did NOT demanded anything. The shuttle cost according to our contract was $700. We even DISCOUNTED it to $400 to compensate the inconvenience. But looks like some people do not appreciate when you trying to help them.
    - There was only 1 person to unload after the shake down. - One person was more that enough to unload that job.
    - So my boyfriend, who has a bad back had to help unload. If I was there and not working would this be expected of me as a woman? So disrespectful and so disappointing. - Nobody asked anybody to help us unload. As we stated above 1 person was enough to unload entire shipment.

- Not even sure if all my things are there because the check list was never checked off. - To do the check off is customers responsibility, but yet again we getting blamed for that.

So all together we did a great job, as usual, but we have to take the blame for customers mistake.

Original review: March 26, 2021

I have never had a better moving experience than I did with United Nation Van Lines. They did everything I had asked for like I wanted them to but then also went over and beyond with great customer care and an understanding admin team. We were moving from TN to NY and wanted our things delivered within a specific time window so that we would be able to get several things done at once. Most of the other movers we asked turned us down flat and said it was ‘impossible’ but United Nation Van Lines just asked a few questions, then got it done just like we needed.

Original review: March 24, 2021

We hired United Nation Van Lines to move from our New York's 3-bedroom apartment to a bigger house in Colorado. While we had never heard of them before the move, they have built a pretty solid reputation online in terms of great feedback so we chose them ahead of other companies that come with more well-known brand names. One of the advantages of that is that their prices are quite a bit lower. That is made even better by the fact that the difference in quality from what we can tell is virtually negligible. Based on that, I give United Nation Van Lines 5 stars.

Original review: March 22, 2021

We chose United Nation Van Lines because my sister recommended them to us after the move. Like us, she moved from S Carolina to Maryland. However, her move was a 2-bedroom apartment while ours was a 4-bedroom house. Regardless, United Nation Van Lines did both jobs just as well. I am especially happy with the polite movers who were very nice to my family, even the little kids wandering in and out of the area curiously. It made for a very pleasant experience that I am really appreciative for. Last but definitely not least, their prices are very reasonable. 5 stars and a huge Recommend from my family!

United Nation Van Lines Company Information